本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
我在这份工作中学到的一件事是,任何事情都有可能。
The one thing I've learned in this job is that anything is possible.
人们会做任何事。
People will do anything.
如果你有八万美元可以挥霍,你绝对能在洛杉矶县找到人去杀掉你的妻子。
And if you have $80,000 to throw around, you can absolutely find someone in Los Angeles County to kill your wife.
这个故事非常适合拍成一部电视电影:一位前模特转型为家庭主妇,丈夫是百万富翁,却出轨了,还试图雇凶杀人,因为他赢不了离婚官司。
This story is definitely ripe for a made for TV movie where you have the ex model turned housewife with a millionaire husband who is cheating on his wife and tries to hire a hitman because he's not winning his divorce.
莫妮卡·奥尔森曾是一名模特,并经营自己的护肤公司。
Monica Olsen used to be a model and she ran her own skincare company.
迪诺·古奇利eli是洛杉矶的一位成功商人。
Dino Gucclimelli was a successful businessman in Los Angeles.
他是摇滚乐队的主唱,但会花钱让乐队在蓝调之家演出。
He was the lead singer of a rock band, but he would pay to have the rock band play at the House of Blues.
他还告诉员工,他们必须去观看他的演出。
And he would tell his employees that they were required to go to his shows.
莫妮卡和迪诺结婚大约七年。
Monica and Dino, they were married for about seven years.
他们的婚姻看起来非常幸福。
And it looked to be a pretty happy marriage.
他们有两个非常漂亮的孩子。
They had two really beautiful children.
莫妮卡不知道的是,他从未停止过出轨。
What Monica didn't know was that there wasn't a time that he wasn't cheating on her.
她深爱着这个男人。
She was in love with this man.
是的。
Yeah.
而且完全不知情,没有一丝察觉。
And had no clue No.
他背后究竟在做什么。
What was going on behind her back.
迪诺想要的太多了。
Dino wanted too much.
他想要一位性感的模特妻子和自己的孩子,但同时又想要外面的一切。
He wanted the hot model wife and his kids, but then he also wanted everything on the side.
我认为他希望莫妮卡成为某种特定的人,或者只是顺从他的话,做他想让她做的任何事,控制她。
And I think he wanted Monica to be a certain person or to just follow whatever he said and do whatever he wanted her to do and control her.
但他做不到。
But he couldn't do that.
像古列尔米先生这样的人,
Someone like Mr.
当他们得不到想要的东西时,会不择手段——无论合法还是非法——都要达到目的。
Guglielmi, when they don't get their way, will do whatever they need to do, legal or illegal, to get their way.
最终,他决定不通过法律程序来结束这段婚姻,而是想要杀死他的妻子。
And ultimately, he decided that he wanted to end it not through the legal proceedings, but he wanted to kill his wife.
而他不会亲自去做这件事。
And he wasn't going to do it himself.
他打算找别人来动手。
He was going to get somebody else to do it.
他想让她死。
He wanted her dead.
他不在乎具体怎么做到。
He didn't care how it was done.
打她一顿、砍下她的头、把她扔进沟里。
Beat her up, cut her head off, put her in a ditch.
我叫理查德·弗曼,迪诺·古列尔米雇我杀害了他的妻子。
My name is Richard Furman, Dino Guglielmi hired me to murder his wife.
我是特洛伊·罗伯茨。
I'm Troy Roberts.
今晚在《48小时》节目中,讲述的是富豪、模特与杀手的故事。
Tonight on forty eight hours, the millionaire, the model, and the hitman.
今晚的《48小时》故事发生在洛杉矶,这是一个关于贪婪与谋杀的扭曲故事,有时看起来就像一部好莱坞大片。
Tonight's forty eight hours, appropriately set in Los Angeles, is a twisted tale of greed and murder that at times may seem like a Hollywood blockbuster.
就像任何一部优秀的惊悚片一样,它包含一分浪漫,两分希区柯克。
Like any good thriller, it's one part romance, two parts Hitchcock.
但最终,这一切都是真实的。
But in the end, it's all true.
对他来说,这可不是玩笑。
It wasn't a joke to him.
这非常严肃。
It was very serious.
赶紧了结,要血腥,要狠,彻底结束。
Get it over with, be bloody, be bad about it, and end it.
认识里克·弗曼。
Meet Rick Furman.
2012年,百万富翁迪诺·古列尔米利请他杀死自己孩子的母亲。
In 2012, millionaire Dino Guglielmele asked him to kill the mother of his children.
你有没有问过,如果孩子们失去母亲,他们会有什么感受?
Did you ever say how would the children feel if they lost their mother?
不止一次。
More than once.
那他怎么说?
And what did he say?
他会说,没有她,孩子们会过得更好。
He would say, they'll be much better off without her.
我会给他们找一个好妈妈,我甚至会让你先去考察她,确保她很棒,并得到你的认可。
I will find them a good mother, and I'll even have you check her out first and make sure that she's great and make get your approval.
就在九年前,这个恐怖故事还是一段爱情故事。
Just nine years earlier, this horror story was a love story.
莫妮卡·奥尔森,一个来自加拿大小镇的女孩,成为纽约时尚模特后,搬到了洛杉矶尝试演戏。
Monica Olson, a small town girl from Canada, made it big as a New York fashion model and then moved to Los Angeles to try her hand at acting.
莫妮卡为实现目标非常努力,在模特和演戏领域都取得了成功。
Monica was working very hard towards it, being successful in modeling and acting.
莫妮卡的密友奥莉娅·巴纳尔。
Monica's close friend, Olya Banar.
她很漂亮。
She was beautiful.
我的意思是,她上镜效果非常好。
I mean, she's very photogenic.
如果这件事没有发生,我们现在肯定已经在大银幕上看到她了。
If this whole thing wouldn't have happened, we would see her in the big screens by now, definitely.
奥莉娅说,莫妮卡到洛杉矶没多久,就被迪诺迷住了,迪诺是华盛顿瓦拉瓦拉一个大家庭的迷人农场男孩。
Olya says Monica wasn't in Los Angeles for very long before she was swept off her feet by Dino, a charming farm boy from a big family in Walla Walla, Washington.
他们都在我父母现在住的那所房子里长大。
All grew up in the same house where my parents live currently.
埃米利奥·古利埃利说,他弟弟迪诺的初恋是音乐。
Emilio Gugliomelli says his brother Dino's first love was music.
他一直是个音乐人,对音乐非常非常感兴趣。
He's always been a musician, very, very interested in music.
迪诺辍学后搬到了洛杉矶,想当一名摇滚明星。
Dino dropped out of college and moved to Los Angeles to be a rock star.
但他并不是靠这种方式发财的。
But that's not how he would make his fortune.
生活在健康与健身的圣地,迪诺看到了需求并抓住了机会。
Living in the land of health and fitness, Dino saw a need and capitalized on it.
他开始制作和分销维生素及其他膳食补充剂。
He started making and distributing vitamins and other dietary supplements.
世界上没有人不希望活得更久,于是他将这一点转化为了一门成功的生意。
There's nobody in the world who doesn't want to live longer, and so he parlayed that into a great business.
迪娜最终建立了一家非常成功的多层次保健品和护肤品公司——Creations Garden。
Dina would eventually build a hugely successful multi level supplements and skincare company, Creations Garden.
迪娜是一位年轻有为、富有且有权势的男子。
Dina was a young successful man with a lot of money and a lot of power.
当他遇到莫妮卡时,他想要她,并且知道如何得到她。
And when he met Monica, he wanted her and he knew how to get her.
他们相识六个月后,迪娜带莫妮卡飞往意大利并向她求婚。
Six months after they met, Dina flew Monica to Italy and proposed.
一开始听起来像童话,因为他是在威尼斯向她求婚的。
Sounds like a fairytale in the beginning because he proposed to her in Venice.
我的意思是,他们是一见钟情。
I mean, there was a love at first sight.
你很少听到这样的故事发生。
You don't hear those stories happened.
这对夫妇在三个月后就结婚了,迪诺的哥哥吉诺·古列尔米出席了这场盛大的婚礼。
The couple was married just three months later and Dino's brother Gino Guglielmi attended the lavish wedding.
对我来说,这一切都相当奢华。
It was pretty fancy for me, the whole thing.
吉诺说,迪诺的模特妻子似乎完成了他小弟从农家少年到商界巨头的蜕变。
Gino says Dino's model wife seemed to complete his baby brother's transformation from farm boy to mogul.
他有一个成功的生意。
Well, he had a successful business.
他有不错的车。
He had nice cars.
我觉得这进一步强化了那种形象。
I think that just added to the image.
你对莫妮卡的第一印象如何?
What were your impressions of Monica?
我不喜欢她。
I didn't care for her.
我觉得她是个拜金女,另有目的。
I thought she was a gold digger and had other motives.
我不知道具体是什么原因。
I don't know what it was.
就是她身上有种让我不太喜欢的感觉。
Something about her I didn't really care for.
她想要的是一种不待在家里的生活方式。
She wanted her lifestyle that wasn't sitting at home.
她的生活方式是去好莱坞,做那些在好莱坞做的事。
Know, her lifestyle was to go to Hollywood and whatever they do in Hollywood.
他们请了保姆,全天候陪着孩子们,你知道的。
They had nannies, people with the girls, you know, all day long.
所以他可能花更多时间陪他,因为当他下班回家时,她有时要到晚上很晚才回来。
So he he's probably spent more time with him because when he'd come home from work, sometimes she wouldn't come back until later in the evening.
我觉得她是个好妻子。
I think she was a great wife.
根据我看到的他们的生活,我的意思是,他们在一起非常完美。
And from what I saw of their life, I mean, they were perfect together.
但吉娜在他们婚姻初期与他的兄弟和莫妮卡同住了六个月,她说从一开始就能看出问题。
But Gina lived with his brother and Monica for six months early on in their marriage and says he saw trouble from the start.
就是两个有着相似自尊心的人,我觉得她真的很想发展事业,而我觉得他希望她做个全职妈妈。
Just two people with the same kind of egos, I think she really wanted to have a career, and I think he wanted her to be a mom.
奥莉娅说莫妮卡是个很棒的妻子和母亲,但当她想要更多时,他们的关系发生了变化,迪诺也变了。
Olya says Monica was a great wife and mother, but when she wanted more, their relationship changed, and so did Dino.
莫妮卡在家照顾孩子几年后,是时候让她更独立了。
Monica was at home taking care of kids for a couple of years and it was time for her to be more independent.
我觉得迪诺害怕失去对莫妮卡的控制,开始对她更加具有攻击性和控制欲。
I think Dino was scared of losing control of Monica, started being more aggressive, more controlling towards her.
当里克·富尔曼出现时,他们的婚姻已经走到了最后阶段。
By the time Rick Fuhrman came into the picture, their marriage was in its final act.
我知道他一直在和各种女孩约会,因为他喜欢吹嘘这件事。
I knew that he was dating all sorts of girls because he liked to brag about it.
里克和迪娜一起做生意,向军方供应维生素和营养补充剂。
Rick and Dina were in business together, supplying vitamins and supplements to the military.
里克早年曾当过士兵,有相关人脉,他说这给迪诺留下了深刻印象。
Rick had served as an enlisted man years earlier and had contacts and says that impressed Dino.
你们俩成了朋友。
You two became friends.
很亲密。
Close.
他们越走越近,迪诺就越向里克倾诉心事。
And the closer they got, the more Dino confided in Rick.
迪诺告诉我,莫妮卡是个非常糟糕的母亲,总是不在家,跟男人、女人乱搞,喝酒过多,吸毒。
Dino told me that Monica was a very bad mother, always gone all the time and slept around with men, women, drank too much, did drugs.
迪诺申请了离婚,里克说他整天被失去一半资产和孩子监护权的想法吞噬。
Dino filed for divorce and Rick says he became consumed with the thought of losing half his assets and custody of his children.
迪诺,用个不太恰当的词来说,是个彻底的控制狂,还是个玩弄手段的人。
Dino is, for lack of a better word, a complete control freak and a game player.
他必须比所有人都快一步。
He had to be one step ahead of everybody.
他必须在一天结束时赢得胜利。
He had to win at the end of the day.
里克说,当迪娜被命令每月支付高达55,000美元的赡养费时,他策划了一个计划,想让他的加拿大籍妻子被捕并驱逐出境,于是他向里克求助。
Rick says when Dina was ordered to pay a whopping $55,000 a month in alimony, he hatched a plan to have his Canadian born wife arrested and deported, and he turned to Rick for help.
凭借我的军方背景,迪诺觉得我再合适不过了。
With my military background, Dino thought I was perfect.
他希望我往她车里放毒品,跟踪她,并在她驾驶异常时报警,看看她是否会被拦下。
He would like me to plant drugs in her car, follow her around, and call the police when she's driving erratically to see if she can get pulled over.
我有莫妮卡家的钥匙、莫妮卡车的钥匙,还有她的信用卡账单,上面清楚显示了她所有的消费和行踪。
I had Monica's house keys, Monica's car keys, Monica's credit card statement showing me everything that she's done and replacing she's been.
迪诺提交了文件,声称他的公司陷入困境,赡养费因此降至每月25,000美元,但里克说,这已经太晚、还是太多。
Dino filed papers showing his company was in trouble, and the alimony was reduced to $25,000 But Rick says it was still too much, too late.
对他来说,最后的导火索是什么?
What was the final straw for him?
他收到了自己律师发来的邮件,告知他不如直接每月支付25,000美元和信用卡费用,就此罢手。
He got an email from his own attorney to him stating that he was just better off to give her the $25,000 a month and the credit card and just leave it alone.
对他来说,这
And that to him, that
他只是
he just
输了。
lost.
他的律师说:伙计,你真的输了。
His own attorney said, dude, you just you you lost.
放弃吧。
Give it up.
就付钱吧。
Just just pay.
这就像要求他停止呼吸。
It's like asking him to stop breathing.
他做不到那样。
He he can't do that.
那他对你的指示是什么?
So what were his instructions to you?
他说,进去。
He says, got in.
她必须走。
She's gotta go.
赶紧办妥。
Get it get it done.
如果我不做,也会找别人来做。
If I wasn't gonna do it, was gonna find somebody to do it.
里克告诉迪诺他会处理莫妮卡,他也确实做了,只是不是迪诺想要的方式。
Rick told Dino he would take care of Monica, and he did, just not the way Dino wanted.
你为什么还活着?
Why are you still alive?
你知道吗,我觉得里克做了件高尚的事。
You know, I think Rick had did the noble thing.
莫妮卡·奥尔森。
Monica Olson.
了不起。
Remarkable.
还有副地区检察官艾米莉·科尔。
And Deputy District Attorney Emily Cole.
莫妮卡真的很幸运,有先生。
Monica is really lucky that Mr.
古列尔米选错了人。
Guglielmi picked the wrong guy.
否则,她早就死了。
Otherwise, she'd be dead.
多年来,《Gone South》一直是一档关于美国南部犯罪的播客。
For years, Gone South has been a podcast about crime in the American South.
但对于我们新的季度,我们将扩大视角。
But for our new season, we're widening the lens.
通过深入调查、以叙事为主导的故事,我们正在挖掘那些至今仍塑造着南部、并在许多方面塑造着整个国家的神话、丑闻和权力结构。
Through deeply reported narrative driven stories, we're digging into the myths, scandals, and power structures that still shape the South and, in a lot of ways, the country itself.
关注并收听《Gone South》第五季,这是一档Audacy出品的播客,现已在Apple Podcasts、Spotify或您收听节目的任何平台上线。
Follow and listen to gone south season five, an Audacy podcast, available now on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you get your shows.
我记得第一次见到他时,他正对我微笑。
I remember the first time I saw him, he was smiling at me.
当莫妮卡·奥尔森嫁给迪诺·古列尔米时,她确信他就是自己的幸福结局。
When Monica Olson married Dino Guglielmi, she was sure he was her happily ever after.
他很执着。
He was persistent.
他很有魅力。
He was charming.
她从未想过他们的故事会以如此悲剧收场。
She never dreamt their story would end so tragically.
你不会认为,那个与你共度一生的人,会想要伤害你、让你受苦。
You don't think that the person that you've created a life with can want to harm you and make you suffer.
莫妮卡非常聪明,拥有国际金融硕士学位。
Monica is very intelligent and has a master's degree in international finance.
但她表示,像许多女性一样,她被迪诺的魅力和他的财富所蒙蔽。
But she says that like a lot of women, she was blinded by Dino's charm and the spoils of his riches.
我们出去约会时,他说:‘我有两张机票,我想带你去巴黎。’
We went out on a date, and he said, you know, I have two plane tickets, and I wanna take you to Paris.
在我们的婚姻中,他一直宠着我。
Throughout our marriage, he spoiled me.
但莫妮卡说,事情在2008年开始发生变化,当时她决定重返职场,并请求迪诺帮助她创建一个名为Skin by Monica的护肤品牌。
But Monica says things began to change in 2008 when she decided she wanted to go back to work and asked Dino to help her create a skincare line called Skin by Monica.
那可以说是我的宝贝。
That was kind of my baby.
但迪诺接管了一切。
But Dino took charge.
所有事情都由他掌控,而我却被蒙在鼓里。
Everything was kind of under his control, and I was kept out of the loop.
别问太多问题。
Don't ask too many questions.
莫妮卡说,她问的问题越多,迪诺就越生气。
Monica says the more questions she asks, the angrier Dino became.
于是她开始努力重振自己陷入停滞的职业生涯。
So she worked on reigniting her muddling career.
但这只是让迪诺更加愤怒。
But that just made Dino furious.
他的性格发生了变化。
There was a change in his personality.
非常明显。
Huge.
他变得阴暗了。
He went dark.
我的意思是,他就像被附身了一样。
I mean, it was as if he was possessed.
莫妮卡说,她从未在外面乱搞或吸毒。
Monica says she was never the one sleeping around and doing drugs.
是迪诺做的。
Dino was.
在那段疯狂的顶峰时期,他组建了自己的重金属摇滚乐队。
And at the height of that madness, he created his heavy metal rock band.
迪诺把头发染黑,指甲也涂成黑色,告诉莫妮卡这都是为了表演,但她说她开始害怕他,并记录下了他的行为。
Dino dyed his hair and polished his nails black and told Monica it was all for show, but she says she became terrified of him and started documenting his behavior.
她正在用手机记录所有发生的事情,这没问题。
Everything that's going on, she's recording on a cell phone, which is fine.
她可以这么做。
She can do that.
她有一个联络人。
She has a relay.
当迪诺开始行为恶劣时,莫妮卡会用手机录下他。
When Dino started behaving really badly, Monica would record him on her on her cell phone.
拜托。
Come on.
走吧。
Let's go.
我们去吃你的煎饼吧。
Let's go get your pancake.
把这些视频给每个人看,说:看。
Showing these videos to everyone saying, look.
我不知道他发生了什么事。
I don't know what happened to him.
这真的太疯狂了。
Is this is really crazy.
他表现得像个疯子。
He's behaving like a lunatic.
在这起事件中,迪诺解雇了一名他孩子们非常喜欢的保姆。
In this incident, Dino fired a nanny who his children love.
你不明白。
You don't understand.
你不可以在这里,安娜。
You can't be here, Anna.
你一直迷失了。
You've been lost.
而且这
And it's
因为她对莫妮卡太忠诚了。
Because she was too loyal to Monica.
你不能这么做,阿黛娜。
You can't do that, Adena.
听好了,这
Look, it is
不是一种选择。
not a choice.
在迪诺提出离婚后,他拒绝搬出去。
After Dino filed for divorce, he had refused to move out.
莫妮卡不知道的是,当迪诺住在客房时,他已经计划好通过支付他的朋友里克·弗曼来除掉她。
What Monica didn't know is that while Dino was living in the guesthouse, he was already planning to get rid of her by paying his friend, Rick Furman, to do it.
他想怎么杀死莫妮卡?
How did he want Monica killed?
这要看当天的情况。
I would depend it on the day.
里克说他试图让迪诺开心,拖延时间,希望等双方达成协议后一切就能结束,但情况却不断升级。
Rick says he tried to keep Dino happy and stall him through hoping it would all end when there was an agreement, but things just kept escalating.
她确实让他备受折磨,而他希望她受苦。
She was definitely putting him through the ringer, and he wanted her to suffer.
于是我想到一个主意,让他知道她感染了艾滋病。
So I came up with this idea of letting him know that she was infected with AIDS.
然后只需要等一段时间,你知道的,一切就都结束了。
And then just a matter of time, you know, it'll all be over.
别担心这件事。
Don't worry about it.
这个办法持续了数月。
And that worked for months.
当你告诉他你把艾滋病传染给莫妮卡时,他有什么反应?
How did he react when you told him that you infected Monica with HIV virus?
你能笑得多开心?
How big can you smile?
这可不是开玩笑。
It's not a joke.
我的意思是,你真的能笑得这么夸张吗?
I mean, literally, how big can you smile?
因为当时他的笑容真的很大。
Because this was pretty big.
里克明确表示,他从未真正让莫妮卡感染病毒。
Rick made it clear he never actually infected Monica with the virus.
这只是一个对斯塔迪诺的谎言。
It was just a lie to Staldino.
但与此同时,古列尔米家的情况即将失控。
But meanwhile, things at the Guglielmi home were about to spiral out of control.
那是1632年1月的一个夜晚。
It was the night of January 1632.
当时他就在我面前,脸凑得特别近,孩子们都在场。
He was getting in my face right then and there in front of the kids.
我第一件事就是把孩子们带走。
My first thing was to get the kids removed.
莫妮卡说她赶紧把孩子们带进房间并锁上了门。
Monica says she rushed the children into her room and locked the door.
但在她拨通911之前,迪诺再次抢先一步,指控她袭击了自己。
But before she could dial 911, Dino once again beat her to it and accused her of assaulting him.
他说她用手掐住他的脖子,导致了抓痕,还打了他。
He said that she wrapped her hands around his neck and it caused scratches and that she hit him.
莫妮卡被逮捕了,艾米莉·科尔被指派负责这个案件。
Monica was arrested and Emily Cole was assigned to the case.
她们的女儿们某种程度上证实了这个说法,因此该案被定性为轻罪家庭暴力案。
The story was corroborated somewhat by their daughters, so the case was filed as a misdemeanor domestic violence case.
所以有证据表明她打了他吗?
So there was evidence that she had struck him?
有照片。
There were pictures.
他给我看了张照片,是他女儿或者某个朋友拍的,照片里有那道伤口,我当时就说,别怂,挺住。
He showed me a picture that his daughter or one of his friends took or something of this cut, and I basically said, man up.
我自己也用剃须刀划过。
I've cut myself worth shaving.
尽管如此,迪娜还是成功获得了针对莫妮卡的保护令,并赢得了两个女儿的全部监护权。
Still, Dina was able to get restraining order against Monica and was granted full custody of their daughters.
我被下达了保护令,要求我远离我的孩子、远离我的家、远离我的生意。
I'm being given a restraining order to stay away from my kids, to stay away from the house, to stay away from my business.
这一切对这个女人来说都太熟悉了。
It all sounds too familiar to this woman.
你有没有看到你的故事和莫妮卡的故事之间的相似之处?
Do you see parallels between your story and Monica's?
几乎是同一个故事。
It's the same story, almost.
在
At
在任何时刻,他都会不惜一切代价让我失去孩子。
any given moment, he would do anything to make me lose my kids.
那就是他的目标。
That was his goal.
莱莎说,在他们离婚期间,迪诺指控她吸毒和施暴,然后夺走了所有东西——他们的女儿、他们的家,以及他们共同创办的生意“创意花园”。
Leisha says during their divorce, Dino accused her of doing drugs and being abusive, and then took everything, their daughter, their home, and the business they started together, Creations Garden.
我嫁的迪诺是个体贴而富有同情心的人。
The Dino I married was a caring and compassionate guy.
我离婚时的那个人却冷漠、刻薄、工于心计。
The guy I divorced was callous, mean, calculating.
最好的形容就是杰基尔博士和海德先生。
The best way to describe it is Jekyllon Hyde.
回过头来看,这正是他对他第二任妻子所做的事情。
Looking back in hindsight, this is exactly what he did to his second wife.
他提出了家庭暴力指控,并成功获得了他们孩子的监护权。
He brought up domestic violence charges, and he was able to get custody of their child then.
这正是他对待莫妮卡的方式。
And that's exactly what it looks like he was doing with Monica.
我来负责粉红仙子。
I'll do the pink fairy.
莫妮卡失去了对两个女儿的监护权长达十三个月,后来由于证据不足,指控最终被撤销。
Monica lost custody of her girls for thirteen months and then charges were finally dropped for lack of evidence.
但正是在那时,迪诺逼迫里克·弗曼执行这个计划。
But that's when Dino pushed Rick Furman to execute the plan.
压力落在了杀手身上。
The pressure was on the killer.
每周三到五次,甚至七次、十次,凌晨四点打来电话,问:‘这什么时候才能结束?你确定你能办到吗?’
Three, five, seven, ten times a week, phone calls at 4AM in the morning, when's this gonna end, are you sure you can get it done?
即使是普通夫妻离婚,因为某些事情争吵时,人们也会为了孩子的利益设法协调,但他根本不存在这种概念。
There's always problems even in normal divorces with couples that fight over certain things, but you somehow make it work for the benefit of your children, there is no such a concept in his mind.
非此即彼。
It's all or nothing.
这是一场饥饿游戏。
It's the hunger games.
不是你死就是我亡。
It's kill or be killed.
蒙妮卡即将发现她有多正确。
Monica was about to find out how right she was.
里克·弗曼再也无法拖延迪诺了,他说自己不是杀手。
Rick Furman couldn't stall Dino any longer and says he's no killer.
于是他决定去拜访蒙妮卡的离婚律师,和盘托出一切。
So he decided to visit Monica's divorce attorney and spill the beans.
我们进行了相当详细的讨论。
We had quite a detailed discussion.
你告诉他了,
And you told him
我把一切都告诉了他。
I told him everything.
你告诉他,迪诺想让莫妮卡死?
You told him everything that Dino wanted Monica dead?
当然了。
Absolutely.
你丈夫想怎么杀你?
How did your husband want you killed?
我的意思是,以一种极其残忍的方式。他想让这看起来像一起毒品相关的谋杀,就像我在墨西哥被绑架,然后被强奸,最后被砍掉脑袋。
I mean, in a horrific way He wanted to make it look like a drug killing Like I had been kidnapped in Mexico and he wanted me raped and he wanted my head cut off
这确实太可怕了。
It's pretty horrific.
莫妮卡的律师将里克·弗曼提供的信息提交给了地区检察官办公室,这起谋杀未遂案被交给了艾米莉·科尔负责。
Monica's lawyer took Rick Furman's information to the district attorney's office, and the case of attempted murder was assigned to none other than Emily Cole.
我一开始没认出‘古利·梅利’这个名字。
I didn't automatically recognize the Googly Melly name.
让我认出来的是他女儿们的名字,她们曾出现在家暴案中。
It was his daughters' names that I recognized from the domestic violence case.
那一刻我突然想起来,我以前见过这个家伙。
That's what clicked in my head, that I'd met this guy before.
但在科尔采取逮捕行动之前,她的调查人员需要确凿的证据。
But before Cole could make an arrest, her investigators needed solid evidence.
侦探问:你愿意佩戴窃听器吗?
The detective said, would you be willing to wear a wire?
我说:当然可以。
And I said, sure.
2013年10月1日,他确实这么做了。
On 10/01/2013, he did just that.
你确定吗?
You're positive.
什么?
That what?
你想要她死。
You want her dead.
哦。
Oh.
100%。
100%.
我为什么不呢?
Why wouldn't I?
你为什么不呢?
Why wouldn't you?
好问题。
Good question.
你觉得里克·弗曼是个英雄吗?
Do you consider Rick Furman a hero?
现在在Twitter和Facebook上聊天。
Chat now on Twitter and Facebook.
2013年10月1日下午,里克·弗曼和迪诺·古列尔梅利做了一件他们多次做过的事。
On the afternoon of 10/01/2013, Rick Furman and Dino Guglielmele did something they'd done many times.
他们本来只是打算吃顿午饭,这里就是他们常来的地方。
They were just gonna have lunch, and this is where they usually went.
辣薄荷鸡。
Spicy mint chicken.
我们点意大利面咖喱牛肉吧。
Let's do the penne curry beef.
但检察官艾米莉·科尔确保这次形势逆转了。
But prosecutor Emily Cole made sure that this time, the tables were turned.
在这个案件中,来自县警局重案组的侦探们就坐在这里,看着迪诺和富尔曼吃午饭。
The detectives in this case from the Sheriff's Department Major Crimes, they were sitting here watching Dino and Furman have their lunch.
吃这顿饭的时候紧张吗?
Was it nerve wracking having that lunch?
是的。
Yeah.
我气坏了。
I was pissed.
我非常生气。
I was very angry.
我真想从桌子的另一边抓起他,狠狠摇晃他的脑袋,问你明白吗?你拥有了一切。
I literally just wanted to grab him from off the other side of the table and rack his brain a little bit and go, Do you understand that you've got everything?
你拥有该死的美国梦,却是个白痴?
You've got the frigging American dream and you're just an idiot?
相反,富尔曼开始用摄像机捕捉凶手。
Instead, Furman set about catching a killer on tape.
当我们从这个座位上站起来时,就再也没有回头路了。
There's no going back when we get up out of this seat.
所以
So
富尔曼需要从迪诺那里得到什么?
what did Furman have to get out of Dino?
首先,他必须给迪诺一个机会,让他随时可以说不,退出。
Well, first of all, he needed to give him an opportunity to say no, to back out at all times.
但他需要让迪诺明白,在这场对话结束时,当他们走出那扇门时,迪诺已经无法阻止他将启动的一切了。
But he needed for Dino to understand that at the end of this conversation, by the time they walked out that door, that there was no way that Dino was gonna be able to stop what he would put in motion.
等一切都结束时,我会很高兴。
I'll be happy when it's all over.
这就是我为什么真的感到高兴。
That's why I'm really happy.
我们做了和过去一年完全相同的流程。
We did exactly the same routine as we've done for a year.
这是同样的对话。
It was the same conversation.
没有任何改变。
Nothing was changed.
没有任何修饰。
Nothing was embellished.
没有任何编造。
Nothing was made up.
在里克通常会处理的那一刻,迪诺被听到为自己想要杀死莫妮卡辩解,理由是她在针对她的家庭暴力案件的证词中撒了谎。
In a moment Rick calls typical, Dino is heard justifying his desire to have Monica killed because she lied during a deposition in the domestic violence case against her.
她去作证时撒了谎,说是我抓伤了她。
She went to her deposition and lied and said that I scratched
这是当天在餐厅里迪诺和弗曼先生交谈时所录下的片段。
This is a clip from the recording that was made that day at this restaurant between Dino and mister Furman.
我问你个简单的问题。
I'll ask you a simple question.
你确定吗?
You're positive.
什么?
The what?
你希望她死。
You want her dead.
是的。
Uh-huh.
百分之百。
100%.
你是不是
Are you
确定孩子们都好吗?
sure the girls are they're fine?
她们完全没事。
They're totally fine.
可能吧。
Probably.
可能是因为她们已经死了。
Probably because they're dead.
这很重要,因为这明确表明他希望他的妻子死掉。
So this is significant because it was this was a clear declaration that he wanted his wife dead.
无论后果如何,他都希望她死,不管会伤害到谁。
No matter the consequences, he wants her dead regardless of who it's gonna hurt.
这就像梦想成真。
It's like a dream come true.
她为此努力了这么久。
She's tried so hard for so long.
她为她做了很多坏事,你知道的。
She's done so much, you know, evil things for her.
我给了他三次或四次机会脱身。
Three or four times, I gave him the way out.
你确定你希望她死吗?
Are you sure you want her dead?
当我从这个座位上站起来,事情就定局了。
When I get up out of this seat, it's done.
结束了。
It's over.
我觉得他说的是,虽然已经过去很久了,但为什么我不呢?
I think his words were, it's been a long time, but why wouldn't I?
我为什么不呢?
Why wouldn't I?
你为什么不呢?
Why wouldn't you?
好问题。
Good question.
但孩子们以后谁来当妈妈?
But what are the kids gonna do for a mother?
别担心这个。
Don't worry about it.
我会找一个好妈妈。
I'll find a good one.
等我们吃完午饭,事情就已经办完了。
By the time we're out of lunch, it's already done.
你只需要想清楚怎么付我钱。
You just need to figure out how to pay me.
展开剩余字幕(还有 294 条)
哦,我会付的。
Oh, I'll pay.
多少?
How much?
你已经告诉我价格了。
You already told me how much.
八万?
80,000?
这就是你告诉我的。
That's what you told me.
里克说,在之前讨论杀害莫妮卡的对话中,迪诺明确表示希望在她出国旅行时动手。
Rick says that in earlier conversations about killing Monica, Dino made it clear he wanted it done while she was traveling abroad.
所以里克告诉迪诺,就在他们吃午饭的时候,莫妮卡正在墨西哥度假,而她当天就会死在那里。
So Rick told Dino that while they were at lunch, Monica was away on vacation in Mexico where she would die that day.
你是说今天就要动手吗?
Are you telling me it's gonna be done today?
你认真的吗?
Are you serious?
是的。
Yes.
我要离开这个房间。
I'm gonna leave this room.
里克说服了迪诺,说雇一名墨西哥的杀手会在他们吃完午餐前杀死莫妮卡。
Rick convinced Dino that a hired assassin in Mexico would kill Monica before they had time to digest their lunch.
别。
Don't
不想知道任何事。
wanna know anything.
瞧瞧,就是这样。
There you go.
我不是
I'm not
告诉你这件事。
gonna tell you that.
我会在报纸上读到它。
I'll read about it in
报纸上。
the paper.
是的。
Yes.
你会的。
You will.
也许是墨西哥的报纸。
Mexican paper maybe.
莫妮卡深知这是一场钓鱼执法行动,因此躲在比佛利山庄的一家酒店房间里。
Painfully aware of the sting operation, Monica was hiding out in a hotel room in Beverly Hills.
那天晚上,迪诺回家见了他的女儿们,大概以为她们的母亲已经死了。
That night, Dino went home to his daughters, presumably thinking their mother was dead.
第二天,录音被送到了我这里。
The following day, the recording was brought to me.
我们听了录音,然后我提交了案件。
We listened to it, and then I filed the case.
迪诺·古列尔米在加利福尼亚州瓦伦西亚的家中被逮捕,当时他的女儿们在场,他被控企图谋杀。
Dino Guglielmi was arrested at his home in Valencia, California in front of his daughters and charged with attempted murder.
她们目睹了他被逮捕的过程。
They saw him being arrested.
女孩们被送往保护性监护,而莫妮卡不得不去监狱接她们。
The girls were taken into protective custody, and Monica had to pick them up at the jail.
我不明白的是,为什么会有如此深的仇恨,对你如此强烈的愤怒和憎恨?
What I don't understand is why the hate, the deep seated anger and hatred towards you?
你知道,这个问题得问他本人。
You know, that's a question for him.
我最终会通过电话问他这个问题。
One, I would eventually get to ask him over the phone.
你有一通预付费来电,是迪诺的。
You have a prepaid call from, it's Dino,
你好,迪诺。
Hello, Dino.
嗨,特洛伊。
Hi, Troy.
我想提醒你,迪诺,你的通话正在被录音。
I just wanna remind you that you are you are being recorded, Dino.
我只能通过电话向迪诺·古列尔米询问他为何要杀害妻子莫妮卡。
The only way I could ask Dino Guglielmi why he wanted his wife Monica killed was via telephone.
我第一个问题是,你犯了什么错误?
My first question to you is what mistakes did you make?
你承认自己犯了什么罪?
What are you guilty of?
迪诺被关押在加利福尼亚州科克伦的这个设施里,这里不允许使用摄像机。
Dino is being held in this facility in Corcoran, California, which doesn't allow cameras.
嗯,我想说我可能有罪,因为我允许自己被背叛和操纵。
Well, I would say I'm probably, I could say that I'm guilty of allowing myself to be betrayed and manipulated.
我有罪,因为我工作得太卖力了。
I'm guilty of working too hard.
我有罪,因为我太过信任别人。
I'm guilty of trusting too much.
迪诺说他才是这里的受害者。
Dino says he is the victim here.
他称里克·弗曼是一个老练的骗子,骗他说他们可以通过向军方销售维生素和保健品赚上百万美元。
He calls Rick Furman a master con man who convinced him they could make millions selling vitamins and supplements to the military.
当这个骗局开始败露时,迪诺说里克设局陷害他,让他涉嫌谋杀未遂。
When that con started to unravel, Dino says Rick set him up for attempted murder.
你对此一点都不承担责任吗?
You're not taking any responsibility for this?
不。
No.
我不是。
I'm I'm no.
那是图尔宾。
That's Turbin.
他为什么要这么做?
Why did he do it?
在经历了两年对军方合同的操纵和这一切之后,他为什么要做这种事?
After two years in a manipulation on a military contract and and all this stuff, why did he do that?
他本不必这样的。
He didn't have to.
我并没有去找人去伤害我妻子。
I wasn't going out trying to find somebody to knock off my wife.
他有过一次对话。
He had a conversation.
检察官艾米莉·科尔证实,里克确实欺骗了迪诺,让他以为一笔大合同即将到手。
Prosecutor Emily Cole confirms that Rick did indeed con Dino into thinking there was a big contract coming his way.
里克伪造了国防部文件,让古列尔米先生以为有一笔大生意。
Rick forged Department of Defense documents to lead mister Guglielmi to believe that there was some big business deal.
富尔曼先生解释说,他这么做是为了让迪诺开心,因为一个开心的迪诺不会想杀掉他的妻子。
And mister Furman explains that he did that in order to keep mister Guglielmi happy because a happy Dino doesn't wanna kill his wife.
有军事合同吗?
Is there a military contract?
每天都有军事合同被授予。
There's military contracts given every day.
我特别在争取一份补充剂方面的合同。
I particularly am seeking one for supplements.
我今天还在为此努力。
And I'm still working on it today.
关于这件事,我就说这些了。
And that's really all I'll say with that.
我们的调查揭示了以下信息:古列尔米先生。
Our investigation brought forward the information that Mr.
弗曼只在军队服役了一年。
Furman only spent a year in the military.
他只有非常基础的军事背景。
He had a very basic military background.
他因伤光荣退役。
He was honorably discharged on injury.
里克·弗曼是个变色龙,他会变成你希望他成为的任何样子。
Rick Furman is a chameleon because he'll be whatever you want him to be.
就像艾米莉·科尔一样,我们发现理查德·弗曼很难捉摸。
And just like Emily Cole, we found Richard Furman hard to pin down.
你是个杀手吗?
Are you a hitman?
不是。
No.
你曾经杀过人吗?
Have you ever killed somebody?
不是在美国本土。
Not on US soil.
就这样。
That's it.
继续吧。
Move on.
但你确实杀过人。
But you have killed someone.
继续吧。
Move on.
他会唱歌,做他认为你希望他做的事。
He'll sing and do what he thinks you want him to do.
我觉得迪诺和富尔曼先生在这方面非常相似,我认为这就是他们相处得这么好的原因。
I think Dino and mister Furman were very similar in that respect, and I think that's why they got along so well.
但尽管里克·富尔曼明显是个骗子,谋杀莫妮卡的阴谋却非常真实。
But while it was obvious that Rick Furman was a phony, the conspiracy to kill Monica was very real.
等我们吃完午饭,事情就已经办完了。
By the time we're out of lunch, it's already done.
你只需要想想怎么付钱给我。
You just need to figure out how to pay me.
哦,我会付的。
Oh, I'll pay.
多少钱?
How much?
你已经告诉我多少钱了。
You already told me how much.
八万美元。
80,000.
这正是你告诉我的。
That's what you told me.
我听过录音,录音里说得非常清楚。
I've listened to the tape, it's very clear on the tape.
你想要杀掉你的妻子,并且愿意支付8万美元来实现这个目的。
You wanted your wife killed, and you were willing to pay $80,000 to make it happen.
嗯,关于他想要钱、需要钱这件事,已经多次提到过,我早就一直在给他钱。
Well, the whole money aspect had come up numerous times about him wanting money and needing money, and I've been paying him money for a long time.
我不知道自己到底给了他多少钱。
I don't know how much money I paid him.
我觉得总共为了拿下这个军事合同,我给了他大约5万美元。
I think in total I paid him probably $50,000 to secure the military contract.
而且他总是问:‘你打算怎么给我钱?’
And it was always, well, how are you gonna give me the money?
钱又从哪里来?
And where's the money gonna come from?
我总是被不断质问。
I was questioned all the time.
当和某人吃了一个半小时的午餐,他不断问我这些问题时,我根本没想这跟杀人有什么关系。
By the time an hour and a half lunch with somebody asked me those questions, I I wasn't you know, was it about killing somebody?
我真的没觉得会有人真的动手。
I really didn't think anybody was gonna be good.
我的意思是,我只是在回答问题。
I mean, I'm just answering the question.
我知道录音听起来像那么回事,但我根本没当真。
I know what the tape appears to be like, but I didn't take any of it seriously.
我真的没当真。
I really didn't.
迪诺声称,是里克·弗曼想除掉莫妮卡,因为她试图破坏他的军方合同。
Dino claims it was Rick Furman who wanted to get rid of Monica because she was trying to sabotage his military contract.
他让我相信莫妮卡在联系他们,想搞砸这个合同。
He convinces me that Monica is calling them and trying to kill the contract.
所以他跟我说,你知道的,我想让她离开这个国家。
So he's like, you know, I wanna get her out of the country.
我只想尽一切办法把她除掉。
I want anything I can do to get rid of her.
我就说,理查德,别这么说。
And I'm like, Richard, don't talk like that.
我们等合同签了再付她钱就行。
Just we'll just pay her when the contract happens.
不行。
No.
不行。
No.
不行。
No.
我们拿不到这个合同。
We're not gonna get the contract.
你明白她在做什么吗?
Do you understand what she's doing?
她在给他们寄信。
She's sending letters to them.
你是说,迪诺,里克·弗曼是那个提出要杀莫妮卡的人吗?
Are are you saying to me, Dino, that Rick Furman was the one who proposed killing Monica?
一直如此。
All the time.
是的。
Yeah.
那你从来没说过吗?
And you and you never said that?
把这些事全都说出来了。
Any of this stuff up.
你?没有。
You No.
没有。
No.
你从来没跟他提过。
You never said with him.
我越追问迪诺关于录音里他说的话,他就越把责任推给里克·弗曼,而他的说法也越来越站不住脚。
The more I pressed Dino about what he said on the tape, the more he blamed Rick Furman and the less his story made sense.
在录音里,很清楚的是,你知道一旦和里克的午餐结束,就再也没有回头路了,他会杀了莫妮卡。
Well, on the tape, it's very clear that you understood that once the lunch with Rick was over, there was no turning back, that he was going to kill Monica.
他多次这样对我说过。
He said that to me many times.
一旦发生这件事,就再也没有回头路了。
There's no turning back once this happens.
他会说,一旦发生这件事就再也没有回头路了,或者我们不支付军方合同的款项。
He he would say there's no turning back or we don't pay the people on the military contract.
他们会杀了我们两个人。
They're gonna kill both of us.
我的意思是,这些话并不是他经常说的。
I mean, these weren't things that he used to say all the time.
我并没有当真。
I didn't take any of it seriously.
我的意思是,他经常说这种话,这对他来说是正常的做法。
I mean, it's it was normal protocol for him to keep talk like that.
我认为我不该详细谈论这个,因为
I don't think it's my place to go into detail because
但我们听完了整盘磁带,Dino和Rick在讨论什么再清楚不过了。
But we listened to the whole tape, and there was no mistaking what Dino and Rick were discussing.
就连Dino的兄弟也同意。
Even Dino's brother agrees.
你听过那些录音吗?
Did you hear the recordings?
是的。
Yes.
你听过你哥哥和里克·弗曼的对话吗?
Between your brother and Rick Furman?
是的。
Yes.
你觉得这些录音意味着什么?
What did you
意味着什么?
make of it?
这些录音本身就能说明问题。
The recordings kind of speak for themself.
他们讨论了如何杀死莫妮卡。
They had a conversation about killing Monica.
戴尔不止一次明确表示他希望她死。
Dale made it clear more than once that he wanted her dead.
是的。
Yes.
而且他
And he
愿意支付八万美元来完成这件事。
was willing to pay $80,000 to have it done.
是的。
Yes.
是的,他确实这么做了。
Yes, he did.
这让你感到惊讶吗?
Does that surprise you?
是的。
Yes.
这确实让我感到惊讶。
It does surprise me.
但我真的相信,整个情况逐渐失控了。
And I truly believe, though, the whole situation snowballed out of control.
我内心相信,也许就像男人之间聊天那样,大家都生气了,说了些话,不管他当时说了什么,我真希望她消失。
I believe in my heart there may be you know how guys talk everybody gets mad, say things and whatever he could say, I wish she was gone.
有人对他说:‘如果你想要,我可以帮你除掉她。’
Somebody said I can get rid of her for you if you want.
那家伙真是个吹牛大王,我能理解他为什么会说‘我能处理这件事’。
The guy was a real blowhard and I could see the situation where he'd say I can take care of that.
没问题。
No problem.
我来帮你搞定。
I can do that for you.
当然可以。
Sure.
去吧。
Go ahead.
我听到有人说要动真格的。
I hear guts.
她对你和那些孩子做的事。
What she's done to you and those children.
应该被驱逐出境。
Should be deported.
她应该被这样处理。
She should be this.
她应该被那样处理。
Should be that.
我的意思是,这里的欺骗程度有多深。
I mean the depth of the deception here.
我没有撒谎。
I'm not lying.
我告诉你的是实话。
I'm telling you the truth.
是的。
Yeah.
我陷入了一份军事合同,当时被它蒙蔽了。
I fell into a military contract where I was blinded by that.
我只是忽略了它,因为那才是我的重点。
I just kind of ignored it because that was my focus.
但如果这是错的,那就暴露了我因贪婪而存在的弱点。
But if that was wrong, it does show a weakness in me being greedy.
我本该察觉到正在发生的事,我永远不会原谅自己这一点。
I should have recognized what was going on, and I'll never forgive myself for that.
但对于艾米丽·科尔来说,这与虚假的军事合同或里克·弗曼无关。
But to Emily Cole, this wasn't about a phony military contract or Rick Furman.
这是一起由迪诺策划的明确的雇佣杀人案。
This was a clear cut case of murder for hire by Dino.
你确定那两个女孩会……
And you sure the girls are gonna
她们没事吗?
they're fine?
她们完全没事。
They're totally fine.
我只需要她们的父亲。
All I need is their dad.
我只需要他们的父亲。
All I need is their dad.
为什么?
Why?
他自身也存在信誉问题,这一点在初步听证会上被提了出来。
He had his own credibility issues, and that was brought forward in the preliminary hearing.
辩护律师提出了许多事情,让他的形象非常糟糕。
There were a lot of things that the defense attorney brought up that didn't make him look great.
辩护方将富尔曼描绘成一个骗子,他用一个虚构的数百万美元营养品军事合同操纵了迪诺。
The defense portrayed Furman as a fraud who manipulated Dino with a fictional multimillion dollar military contract for supplements.
科尔知道,如果富尔曼在陪审团面前作证,这种情况会再次发生。
Cole knew that would happen again if Furman was called as a witness in front of a jury.
但这个案子的关键不是富尔曼先生。
But the case wasn't mister Furman.
而是那段录音。
It was the tape.
但这段录音足以说服陪审团吗?
But would the tape be enough to convince the jury?
你确定。
You're positive.
他们是什么?
They're what?
你希望她死。
You want her dead.
在迪诺·古利亚梅利被录音并因企图谋杀妻子而被指控九个月后,艾米莉·科尔正在为审判做准备。
Nine months after Dino Gugliamelli was caught on tape and charged with attempted murder for trying to have his wife killed, Emily Cole was preparing for trial.
录音中的证据有可能让迪诺被判终身监禁。
The evidence from the tape had the potential to send Dino away for life.
当福尔曼先生告诉他,一旦他离开这个房间,就无法改变莫妮卡会被杀的事实,而古利亚梅利先生同意了这一点,这就相当于古利亚梅利先生把那把象征性的枪对准了莫妮卡。
When mister Furman tells him that when he leaves this room, he can't change the fact that Monica's gonna be killed, and mister Guglielmi agrees to that, that is mister Guglielmi pointing the proverbial gun at Monica.
他们不可能追踪到我身上。
And there's no way for them to, like, come track it back to me.
对吧?
Right?
不。
No.
这就是我问你钱的事的原因。
That's why I asked you about the money.
科勒在录音中掌握了确凿的证据,但她也面临一个大问题——里克·弗曼本人。
Cole had solid evidence on that tape, but she also had a big problem, Rick Furman himself.
就在审判前,她决定不再冒险,做出了一个惊人的决定。
Just before trial, she decided she wasn't gonna take any chances and made a stunning decision.
她向迪诺提出一项协议:承认二级谋杀未遂罪,仅服刑九年。
She offered Dino a deal, plead guilty to attempted murder in the second degree and served only nine years in prison.
在这起事件之前,他从未坐过一天牢。
He had never spent a day in jail previous to this incident.
他没有犯罪记录。
He didn't have a record.
先生
Mr.
古列尔梅莱也没有对任何人施加暴力。
Guglielmele didn't commit violence on anyone either.
我认为这个判决是公正的。
And I think this was a fair sentence.
我觉得我的生命价值不止于此。
I think my life is worth more than that.
对我来说,意图体现了犯罪心理。
To me, the intent shows the criminal mind.
意图。
The intention.
所以,如果我试图杀你,但子弹只差半英寸没击中你,难道因为我枪法不准,我就不是罪犯了吗?
So if I try to kill you and the bullet misses you by half an inch, am I less of a criminal because I don't have a good aim?
因为理查德站出来,他就不是罪犯了吗?
Is he less of a criminal because Richard came forward?
你希望这个案子上庭吗?
Did you want this to go to trial?
是的。
Yes.
当然。
Absolutely.
我感到很震惊。
I was shocked.
我记得我问过他们为什么。
I'm recalling asking them why.
你们是在给他认罪协商吗?
Are you offering him a plea?
我得到的回应是:别担心这件事。
What I got back was, don't worry about it.
他永远不会接受的。
He'll never take it.
别担心这件事。
Don't worry about it.
他会被判终身监禁。
He's going away for life.
你为什么选择因为
Why did you take the because
我不想要。
I didn't want to.
你知道的,我直到最后一刻才同意达成协议。
As you know, I went all the way to the last second before I took the deal.
但我的妈妈,我整个家人都恳求我接受协议。
But my mom, my my whole family pleaded with me to take the deal.
我本来不打算接受的。
I wasn't going to.
我觉得一搏的机会真的值得冒险。
I thought a one for a chance was really worth taking the risk.
我都跟他们说了。
And I told them all that.
我以为陪审团不会判我有罪。
I didn't think a jury was gonna find me guilty.
但妈妈恳求我接受认罪协议后,我就接受了。
But after my mom said, please just take the deal, I took the deal.
迪诺现在正在加利福尼亚州科克伦的这家州立监狱服刑。
Dino is serving his time here at this state prison in Corcoran, California.
他将在2021年有资格获得假释。
He will be eligible for parole in 2021.
他出去的时候会很愤怒。
He will get out angry.
他出去时会充满报复心,并且认为这场游戏还得继续赢下去。
He will get out vengeful, and he will get out thinking that the game still needs to be won.
尽管有人怀疑里克·弗曼是个骗子,但他尚未被指控任何罪行。
Despite suspicions that Rick Furman is a con man, he has not been charged with any crime.
他最担心的是迪诺获释的时候。
His biggest fear is when Dino is released.
这让我感到害怕。
That's what's scary for me.
我毫不怀疑我的生命会受到威胁。
There isn't any doubt in my mind that my life would be in danger.
莫妮卡也担心自己的安全。
And Monica fears for her safety as well.
我知道我丈夫非常有办法。
I know that my husband's very resource resourceful.
他可能问过里克,但他也可以问其他人。
He may have asked Rick, but he could ask many other people, too.
他手头有远超过八万美元的资金来买凶杀我。
He had a lot more than $80,000 at his disposal to have me killed.
那么,你相信他获释时会有人为他准备钱吗?
So do you believe money will be waiting for him when he's released?
如果他在监狱里还能掌控这笔钱,那他绝对能接触到数百万美元。
If he has control over it from prison, then absolutely he will have access to several millions.
迪诺的哥哥吉诺坚持说一分钱都不剩了。
Dino's brother, Gino, insists there is no money left.
她声称有四百五十万美元在海外。
She claims that there's $4,500,000 overseas.
明白吗?
Okay?
去找找看。
Go find it.
他的第二任妻子,哦,海外有两千万美元。
His second wife, oh, there's $20,000,000 overseas.
去找找看。
Go find it.
为什么没人找到它呢?
How come nobody's finding it?
认真的吗?
Seriously?
它在哪?
Where is it?
说实话,这人还在监狱里。
Honestly, the guy's in prison.
难道没人去把它找回来吗?
Can't somebody go get it?
你对莫妮卡有任何同情吗?
Do you have any sympathy for Monica?
没有。
No.
我觉得她基本上都是自找的麻烦。
I think she I think she pretty much brings on all of her misfortune herself.
但我以前就不喜欢她,所以现在当然也不会喜欢她。
But I didn't like her before, so I'm certainly not gonna like her now.
如果你哥哥真的在和一个真正的杀手来往呢?
What if your brother was actually associating with a real hitman?
莫妮卡今天可能已经死了。
Monica could be dead today.
根据录音来看,这可能是真的。
I guess by the tape, it's probably true.
但我相信,我哥哥在商业圈里,如果真想找个像那样的人做事,肯定能找到比理查德·弗曼更靠谱的人。
But I believe that my brother in his business world probably do more capable people if you wanted something like that done than Richard Furman.
所以我才觉得,那只是两个男人之间说错话,结果失控了。
That's why I think it was just something said between two guys that spiraled out of control.
你出狱后,莫妮卡有没有理由担心自己的安全?
Does Monica have any reason to fear for her safety after you are released from prison?
当然没有。
Of course not.
我只是想照顾好我的孩子们。
I just want my I wanna take care of my kids.
我想支付抚养费。
I wanna pay child support.
我想成为一个好的提供者,做个称职的父亲。
I wanna be a good providing citizen and a good providing father.
但迪诺可能很难接受这一点。
But Dino might have a hard time with that.
莫妮卡正在推进离婚,争取房子和剩余的财产,并且她获得了两个女儿的完全监护权。
Monica is proceeding with the divorce, fighting for the house, whatever money is left, and she has full custody of their daughters.
你该如何解释这样的事情?
How do you explain something like this?
你又该如何让他们适应新生活,知道他们的父亲还活着,知道他们的父亲在监狱里?
And how do you make them adjust to a new life, knowing that their father's alive, knowing that their father, you know, is in prison?
他们知道他为什么入狱吗?
Do they know why he's in prison?
知道。
Yes.
他们亲眼目睹了他被逮捕。
They saw him being arrested.
所以那天早上他们都非常清楚发生了什么。
So they were very present that morning.
文黛拉,我最小的女儿,她说,妈妈,上帝给了爸爸一个暂停。
Vendela, my youngest, she said, you know, mommy, God gave daddy a time out.
但迪诺仍然声称自己是受害者。
But Dino still claims he is the victim.
我被污名化了,特洛伊,这彻底毁了我的人生。
I've been criminalized, Troy, which has just destroyed my life.
我不明白。
And I don't get it.
我不懂为什么每个人都想攻击我,而这个人设局陷害我。
I don't understand why everyone wants to attack me, and this guy set me up.
莫妮卡是幸运的,因为最终,里克·弗曼并不是杀人犯。
Monica is lucky because in the end, Rick Furman is not a killer.
他可能会歪曲事实或隐瞒真相,但他不是杀人犯。
He's someone that might bend the truth or omit the truth, but he's not a killer.
这正是救了莫妮卡的地方。
And that's what saved Monica.
莫妮卡现在最关心的是她的孩子们。
Monica's main concern now is her children.
我知道他的意图是与孩子们团聚,并把那些孩子从我身边带走。
I know his intention is to reunite himself with the kids and take those children away from me.
你知道,那正是
Know that that's
这是你最大的恐惧之一吗?
Is that one of your greatest fears?
我会想到这件事吗?
Do I think about it?
会。
Yes.
我每天都要活在恐惧中吗?
Am I gonna live in fear every day?
不会。
No.
我不会让这个男人这样对我。
I'm not gonna allow this man to do this to me.
不会。
No.
我打算好好利用我的经历,直面发生过的一切,因为我认为,如果有人能从我的人生和我所经历的一切中汲取教训,那我就做对了。
I intend on really making something of my experience and not shying away from what happened because I think that if somebody can look at my life and what I've been through and learn from it, then I've done something right.
因为迪诺认罪了,所以他无法对定罪提出上诉。
Because Dino took a plea deal, he cannot appeal his conviction.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。