本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
你已经在听力室练习过听力了吗?
Have you practiced your listening with the Listing Room yet?
收听真实的BBC新闻报道,并回答问题来练习你的听力技能。
Listen to real BBC news reports and answer the questions to practice your listening skills.
从利昂内尔·梅西到大猩猩的友谊,你会发现许多有趣的内容。
From Lionel Messi to Gorilla Friendships, you'll find lots to interest you.
现在就访问我们网站的技能板块,bbclearningenglish.com,今天就开始提升你的听力吧。
Go to the skills section of our website now, bbclearningenglish.com, and improve your listening today.
六分钟英语。
Six Minute English.
来自bbclearningenglish.com。
From bbclearningenglish.com.
你好。
Hello.
这是BBC学习英语的六分钟英语。
This is six Minute English from BBC Learning English.
我是尼尔。
I'm Neil.
我是乔治。
And I'm Georgie.
冬天,人们会通过穿更多衣服或待在室内等方式来保暖。
In winter, people find different ways of keeping warm, like wearing extra clothes or staying indoors.
但在一些国家,还有另一种御寒方式,那就是去桑拿。
But in some countries, there's another way of keeping the cold out, going for a sauna.
是的。
Yes.
瑞典和芬兰等北欧国家有悠久的桑拿传统,但现在英国也越来越多地出现了桑拿房。
Nordic countries like Sweden and Finland have a long history of taking saunas, but now they're popping up in Britain too.
乔治,你去过桑拿吗?
Have you ever been for a sauna, Georgie?
我去过。
I have.
是的。
Yes.
如果说实话,我不是特别喜欢。
And if I'm honest, I'm not huge fan.
我不太喜欢太热的感觉。
I don't really like being too hot.
这让人不舒服。
It's uncomfortable.
你呢,尼尔?
What about you, Neil?
真的吗?
Oh, really?
我挺喜欢蒸桑拿的。
I quite like a sauna.
蒸完之后感觉特别清爽。
You feel really refreshed afterwards.
那么,什么是桑拿房?
So what is a sauna?
典型的桑拿房是一个小木屋,通过蒸汽加热到大约80摄氏度。
Well, a typical sauna is a small wooden room heated with steam to around 80 degrees Celsius.
温度高到足以让人出汗。
It's hot enough to make anyone sweat.
但桑拿对健康也有好处吗?
But are saunas good for your health as well?
这正是詹姆斯·加拉格尔想为BBC广播四台的《健康内幕》节目弄清楚的问题。
That's what James Gallagher wanted to find out for BBC Radio 4 programme Inside Health.
我们正在观察桑拿对人类身体的影响。
We're seeing what saunas do to the human body.
全国各地的桑拿房越来越多,声称高温能提升健康与幸福感。
They're popping up all over the country with claims that high temperatures boost your health and well-being.
但它们真的有宣传的那么神奇吗?
But are they all they're cracked up to be?
詹姆斯想查明桑拿是否真如人们所说的那样有效。
James wants to find out if saunas are all they're cracked up to be.
他的意思是,桑拿真的有人们说的那么好吗?
He means are they as good as people say?
在本期节目中,我们将揭晓答案,同时学习一些有用的生词和表达。
And that's exactly what we'll be finding out in this episode, along with some useful new words and phrases.
别忘了,你可以在我们的网站 bbclearningenglish.com 上通过测验和练习册巩固本节目中的新词汇。
And remember, you can practice all the new vocabulary from this episode with the quiz and worksheet on our website, bbclearningenglish.com.
但现在我想问你一个问题,乔吉。
But now I have a question for you, Georgie.
‘桑拿’这个词源自芬兰语,但它是什么意思呢?
The word sauna comes from the Finnish language, but what does it mean?
它是 a. 出汗,b. 热水,还是 c. 浴室?
Does it mean a, sweat b, hot water or c, bathhouse?
哦,我猜是 c,浴室。
Oh, I'm going to guess c, bathhouse.
好的。
Okay.
我们将在节目结束时揭晓你是否答对了。
Well, we'll find out if you're right at the end of the programme.
近年来,桑拿在英国越来越受欢迎。
In recent winters, saunas have grown in popularity in The UK.
BBC记者詹姆斯·加拉格尔采访了一些前往威尔士南部海滩桑拿房的人。
BBC reporter James Gallagher met some people going to Moor A Sauna, a beach sauna in South Wales.
他询问他们为什么如此喜欢桑拿。
He asked them why they love saunas so much.
不对。
It's not correct.
你好,
Hello,
大家。
everyone.
你好。
Hello.
谁喜欢桑拿?
Who loves a sauna?
是的。
Yeah.
当我有点压力的时候,我总是喜欢来这里。
I always love coming down here when I'm a bit stressed out.
等我做完之后,感觉整个人都重新焕发了。
By the time that I'm finished, I'm feel like I've completely reset.
这真是太棒了。
It's it's wonderful.
第一位说话者说桑拿让她感到放松,这个词意味着舒适和放松。
The first speaker says saunas make her feel at ease, a phrase meaning comfortable and relaxed.
下一位说话者认为,如果你感到紧张,桑拿会很棒,紧张是指担忧且无法放松的状态。
And the next speaker thinks saunas are great if you feel tense, an adjective meaning worried and unable to relax.
桑拿让最后一位说话者感觉她重新开始了。
Saunas make the final speaker feel like she's reset.
你可能已经知道‘reset’这个词的意思是当电脑出问题时,将其关闭再重新打开。
You might already know the word reset to mean turning a computer off and on again when it's not working.
但当用于描述人时,‘reset’意味着在休息后重新开始,从而对生活感觉更好。
But used in connection with a person, reset means to start again after a rest so that you feel better about life.
所以看起来桑拿确实能帮助人们感觉更好,但是否有实际的医学证据证明它对我们有益呢?
So it seems saunas do help people feel better, but is there actual medical evidence that it's good for us?
以下是詹姆斯·加拉格尔再次与BBC Radio 4节目《健康内幕》中的人体生理学专家达米安·贝利教授的对话。
Here's James Gallagher again speaking with Professor Damien Baillie, an expert in human physiology for BBC Radio 4 programme Inside Health.
当我们把这一点与健康益处的论点联系起来时,去桑拿是否有健康益处?
When we start to connect this to the arguments around health benefits, is there a health benefit to going in a sauna?
是的。
Yeah.
我的意思是,我仔细研究了相关研究。
I mean, I looked at the research really closely.
我对这些证据非常着迷。
I was fascinated by the evidence.
巨大的好处。
Huge benefits.
我的意思是,真的非常大的好处。
I mean, really huge benefits.
当然,这还涉及文化因素。
And it's cultural, of course.
芬兰有五百万人,其中90%的人使用桑拿。
5,000,000 people in Finland, 90% of them use saunas.
也许我们应该效仿芬兰人的做法,因为经常使用桑拿的人全因死亡率降低了百分之四十。
Maybe we should be copying what the Finns do because there's a forty percent reduction in all cause mortality with the sauna goers.
现在,这属于我们所说的观察性数据,但它是基于成千上万的桑拿使用者。
Now this is what we would call observational data, but it's based on thousands and thousands of sauna goers.
这些是观察性数据集,因此我们确实需要所谓的RCTs,即随机对照试验,确保一切如你刚才提到的那样得到严格控制。
These are observational data sets, so we really do need what we call RCTs, randomised controlled trials, so everything, just as you've mentioned there, everything is absolutely controlled.
但我们不能对现有的数据、观察性数据嗤之以鼻。
But we can't turn our noses up at the current data, the observational data.
达米安讨论了芬兰的证据,这个国家有百分之九十的人口是定期使用桑拿的人。
Damien discusses the evidence from Finland, a country where ninety percent of the population are regular sauna goers.
这令人印象深刻,所有原因导致的死亡率降低了百分之四十。
And it's impressive, a forty percent reduction in deaths from all causes.
但重要的是要记住,这是基于观察人们自然行为所收集的观察性数据,而不是来自受控的医学试验。
But it's important to remember that this is based on observational data information collected from watching people's natural behaviour and not from controlled medical trials.
然而,这些观察性数据基于多年来对成千上万芬兰人的研究证据。
Nevertheless, this observational data is based on evidence from thousands and thousands of fins over many years.
这就是为什么达米安认为我们不应该对它嗤之以鼻。
That's why Damien thinks we shouldn't turn our noses up at it.
我们不应该仅仅因为觉得它不够好就直接拒绝它。
We shouldn't reject it simply because we think it's not good enough for us.
嗯,所有这些关于桑拿的讨论让我想再试一次。
Well, all this talk about saunas has made me want to give it another try.
但在你揭晓你问题的答案之前,尼尔。
But not before you reveal the answer to your question, Neil.
我问过你芬兰语中‘sauna’是什么意思。
I asked you what the Finnish word sauna means.
是 a) 汗 b) 热水 还是 c) 浴室?
Is it a) sweat b) hot water or c) bathhouse?
我说是浴室。
And I said bathhouse.
我答对了吗?
Am I right?
你完全正确。
You are absolutely correct.
干得好。
Well done.
太棒了。
Yay.
好的。
Okay.
让我们回顾一下本集中学到的词汇。
Let's recap the vocabulary we've learned in this episode.
如果某事并不如人们所说的那么好,那就意味着它没有宣传的那么出色。
If something is not all it's cracked up to be, it isn't as good as people say.
当一个人放松时,他们感到舒适且没有压力,而紧张的人则会焦虑且无法放松。
When someone's at ease, they feel comfortable and unstressed, whereas a tense person is worried and unable to relax.
当一个人重新开始时,他们在休息之后重新出发,这让他们对生活感觉更好。
When someone resets, they start again after a rest, which has made them feel better about life.
观察数据是通过观察人们的自然行为而不加以干预而收集的信息。
Observational data is information collected from watching people's natural behaviour without interfering in it.
最后,如果你对某事嗤之以鼻,那就是因为你认为它配不上你,因而拒绝它。
And finally, if you turn your nose up at something, you reject it because you think it's not good enough for you.
再次提醒,我们的六分钟时间到了。
Once again, our six minutes are up.
但如果你想通过更多热门话题和实用词汇来提高英语水平,我们的网站 bbclearningenglish.com 上有很多资源。
But if you want to improve your English with more trending topics and useful vocabulary, you'll find plenty on our website, bbclearningenglish.com.
很快再见。
See you again soon.
但目前,就此告别了。
But for now, it's goodbye.
再见。
Goodbye.
六分钟英语。
Six Minute English.
来自 bbc 学习英语网站。
From b b c learning english dot com.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。