本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
ABC,听着。
ABC, listen.
你好啊,朋友们。
Hello there, my friends.
我是Ruby,您现在收听的是《新闻时间》节目。
It's Ruby here, and you're listening to an episode of News Time.
嘿,Ruby。
Hey, Ruby.
你好,Ruby。
Hello, Ruby.
本周《新闻时间》将带您前往沙漠,挖掘一批重要文物。
On this week's Newstime, we're going to head to the desert to dig up a hole of significant artifacts.
我们将听到一位《新闻时间》听众发来的真正能救命的讯息。
We're going to hear from a Newstime listener with a truly lifesaving message.
而在本周的《惊奇时刻》环节,我们将飞往火星,带来一些相当震撼的太空新闻。
And in our Wow of the Week, we'll blast off to Mars for some rather shocking space news.
你觉得怎么样?
What do you say?
我们要开始了吗?
Should we get cracking?
我们走吧。
Let's go.
第五个故事。
Story number five.
本周你可能听到了一些关于社交媒体的大新闻。
You might have heard some big news this week about social media.
社交媒体是你发布视频等内容,供他人观看的地方。
Social media is a place where you post videos and stuff and other people get to watch it.
社交媒体是人们分享兴趣爱好和生活点滴,并发布内容,其他人可以表示
Social media is when people do stuff about interests and stuff about their life and post it, and other people can say if
他们是否喜欢。
they, like, like it or not.
社交媒体非常流行。
Social media is very popular.
但现在,澳大利亚率先立法,禁止16岁以下青少年创建社交媒体账号。
But now in a world first law, Australians under the age of 16 aren't allowed to make social media accounts.
这被称为社交媒体禁令,禁止16岁以下人群使用社交媒体。
It's called a social media ban where under sixteens can't use social media.
包括TikTok、Instagram、YouTube。
TikTok, Instagram, YouTube.
没错。
Yep.
去年澳大利亚政府宣布,要求Facebook、Instagram、Twitch和YouTube等社交媒体平台必须阻止16岁以下用户登录。
Last year, the Australian government announced that social media companies like Facebook and Instagram and Twitch and YouTube will have to stop anyone under the age of 16 from logging in.
本周三,这项新规正式生效。
On Wednesday, the new rule finally came into effect.
YouTube儿童版未被封禁,因为家长可以自主选择孩子观看的内容,并屏蔽不希望孩子接触的视频。
YouTube kids didn't get banned because parents can choose what the kids like, and they can get rid of things that they don't want their kids to watch.
目前仍有许多社交媒体网站、游戏应用和AI聊天机器人未被禁止,但这并不意味着未来不会实施。
There are still a lot of social media websites and gaming apps and AI chatbots that haven't been banned, but that doesn't mean they won't be in the future.
那么你认为为何要出台这项新禁令呢?
So why do you think this new ban's been introduced?
因为存在不适合16岁以下人群的内容。
There's inappropriate things for 16.
还有黑客试图窃取你的信息,所以政府试图保护你的安全,否则他们可能会在你的电脑上植入病毒之类的东西,那后果会非常严重。
There's hackers where it's trying to take your information So the government is trying to keep you safe or even, like, plant a virus on your computer or something, and then that could be very bad.
政府推出这项禁令是为了保护像你这样的孩子免受有害内容和网络欺凌的侵害,这些在社交媒体上经常出现。
The government's introducing this ban to keep kids like you safe from harmful content and cyberbullying, stuff that can often be found on social media.
我们的BTN朋友对数千名年轻人进行了禁令调查,大多数人认为这不是个好主意,也不认为它会奏效。
Our friends at BTN asked thousands of young people about the ban, and most of them said it's not a good idea, and they don't reckon it'll work.
你怎么看?
What about you?
你有什么想法?
What do you think?
所以我认为这是个好主意,因为这样可以保护孩子免受精神污染和年龄不适宜内容的影响。
So I think it's a good idea because you can protect your kids from brain rot and inappropriate things for their age.
这件事还有很多内情。
There's a lot more to this story.
不如和你信任的成年人聊聊,看看这会如何影响你?
So how about you have a conversation with a grown up you trust and find out just how it might affect you?
第四条新闻。
Story number four.
下一条新闻有些特别,因为它是关于你们中的一员。
This next story is a bit of a special one because it's about one of you.
你好,Ruby。
Hi, Ruby.
我叫Rosie。
My name's Rosie.
我七岁时开始看新闻时间节目,现在11岁,快12岁了。
I started news time when I was seven, and I'm 11 now, closer to 12.
罗茜,这让你成为了《新闻时间》当之无愧的传奇人物。
Well, Rosie, that makes you a certified News Time legend.
你甚至还主持过一期《新闻时间》节目。
You've even hosted an episode of News Time.
但我了解到2025年对你来说有些艰难。
But I understand 2025 has been a bit of a tough one for you.
能和我们说说发生了什么吗?
Tell us about what happened.
我被诊断出患有一种罕见的血液疾病——再生障碍性贫血。
I've been diagnosed with a rare blood disorder called aplastic anemia.
再生障碍性贫血是指人体骨髓(大部分骨骼的造血单位)停止工作。
Aplastic anemia is where a person's bone marrow, the units of most bones, stops working.
这意味着我的白细胞(负责免疫力)、血红蛋白(即红细胞,负责全身输氧)和血小板(防止出血)数量都很低。
This means I have low white blood cells, which give you immunity, low haemoglobin, also known as red blood cells, and they deliver oxygen across the body, and low platelets, which stops the body from bleeding.
明白了。
Okay.
健康的骨髓就像一座生产血细胞的工厂。
So working bone marrow is like a factory that pumps out blood cells.
作为一个11岁的孩子,血细胞和血小板偏低对你意味着什么?
What does having low blood cells and platelets mean for you as an 11 year old?
嗯,我很多事情都不能做,因为血红蛋白低会让我容易气喘,血小板低意味着我只要磕碰一下就可能出血,而出血可不是好事——如果是大出血,我就得被送医院,而且我很容易生病。
Well, I can't do many things because my low haemoglobin haemoglobin and my low platelets makes me puffed out and my low platelets means that whenever I bang myself I could bleed really easily and if I bleed that's not a good thing because if it's a major bleed, I have to be taken to hospital, and I can get sick really easily.
这可真糟糕,Rosie。
That's no good, Rosie.
那么接下来帮助你康复的步骤是什么?
So what's the next step to help you get better?
需要从匹配的捐赠者那里进行骨髓移植。
To get a bone marrow transplant from a matched donor.
我明白了。
I see.
所以你一直在等待找到一位与你骨髓匹配的成年人。
So you've been waiting a little while to find a grown up whose bone marrow matches yours.
这样他们就能把自己的骨髓捐给你,帮助你康复。
Then they can give theirs to you to help you get better.
那将是非常棒的帮助。
That would be a wonderful help.
在我得这个病之前,我从未考虑过献血或捐献身体任何部分给别人,但这确实是拯救他人生命的好方法,因为一次献血就能挽救一条生命。
Before I got sick with this illness, I would have never considered donating blood or any part of my body to anyone, but it's a really good way to help save people's lives because a blood donation can save a life.
罗茜,我相信有很多正在收听的小朋友会催促他们的家长去最近的献血中心,捐献血液、血小板甚至骨髓。
Rosie, I reckon there are a lot of kids listening who will be urging their grown ups to pop down to the nearest donation center and give some blood or platelets or even bone marrow.
非常感谢你与我们分享你的故事。
Thank you so much for sharing your story with us.
我们祝你圣诞快乐。
We hope you have a Merry Christmas.
圣诞快乐,新年快乐。
Merry Christmas, and have a Happy New Year.
第三个故事。
Story number three.
在昆士兰西北部的内陆地区,一些工人在烈日下跪地工作,拂去红色尘土,露出一些非常特别的物件。
In Outback Northwest Queensland, some workers have knelt down under the hot sun, brushing red dirt away from something very special.
我想这些是原住民的手工艺品。
I think it's Aboriginal artifacts.
答对了。
Bingo.
考古学家与当地皮塔皮塔族人合作,在泥土中发现了60件原住民手工艺品,其历史可追溯至170年前。
Archaeologists working with the local Pitapita people have found 60 Aboriginal artifacts in the dirt, which date back a 170.
这些物品被称为石器工具。
These items are called toolers.
它们是遍布澳洲大陆使用的石片工具,用于制作传统物品,如回旋镖、库拉蒙碗、盾牌和拍板。
They're flaked stone tools that were used across most of the continent to make traditional objects, things like boomerangs and coolamon dishes and shields and clapsticks.
原住民的文物被风吹来的泥土和沙子覆盖了。
The Aboriginal people, their artifacts got dirt and sand blown all over them.
发现这些石器工具的考古学家之一尹妮卡·佩斯顿博士表示,这些工具很可能是当地皮塔皮塔族人制作用于交易的。
Doctor Yinnica Perston, one of the archaeologists who found the stone tools, says it's likely they were made by the local Pitapita people for trading.
这意味着当他们在严酷的沙漠中找不到食物时,可以用自制的工具在旅途中交换食物。
This meant if they couldn't find food to eat in the harsh desert, they could swap the tools they made for food while they traveled around.
研究人员使用科学测年技术确定这些工具被埋藏于170年前,甚至可能是被有意放置在那里的。
The researchers used a scientific dating technique to work out that these tools were buried one hundred and seventy years ago, and they might have even been placed there on purpose.
他们应该把这些归还给长老们。
They should give it back to the elders.
物归原主才是合理的做法。
It just makes sense to give it back.
皮塔皮塔族女性特雷维娜·罗杰斯与考古学家合作,从她小时候就开始记录自己的文化。
Pitter Pitter woman Trevena Rogers worked with the archaeologists and has been documenting her culture since she was just a little girl.
特雷维娜希望这些文物能够展出,让人们可以讨论并了解它们对皮塔皮塔族人的重要性。
Trevina's hoping these artifacts will go on display so that people can talk about them and learn about how important they are to the Pitapita people.
要知道,这些都是我的祖先留下来用于交易的物品。
You know, like, it was it was my ancestors that had left that there for trading.
我仍会继续在这片土地上探索,寻找新事物,发现新东西,并了解它们如何运作。
You know, I'll be still out on the country, still looking, still finding new things, discovering things, and seeing how things work.
我们生活在一个历史悠久的大陆上。
We live on a big continent with deep history.
你永远不知道接下来会发掘出什么。
You never know what might be unearthed next.
Zoe dob two。
Zoe dob two.
在印度洋上,距离西澳大利亚大陆西北约1500公里处,有一个叫圣诞岛的地方。
In the Indian Ocean, about 1,500 kilometers Northwest of Mainland Western Australia, there is a place called Christmas Island.
那时圣诞甲虫就会出来活动。
That's when the Christmas beetles come out.
我觉得圣诞岛是他们经常庆祝圣诞节的地方。
Christmas Island, I think, is where they celebrate Christmas a lot.
全年都是圣诞节。
Christmas all year round.
那不是很有趣吗?
Wouldn't that be fun?
但也不尽然。
But not quite.
你今年早些时候在《新闻时刻》上听说过圣诞岛,当时有1亿只螃蟹从森林洞穴中爬出,前往海里产卵。
You heard about Christmas Island on Newstime earlier in the year when 100,000,000 crabs scuttle their way from the forest burrows to lay their eggs in the sea.
虽然岛上有数百万只螃蟹,但你可能想不到,圣诞岛上只有一只狗。
While there are millions of crabs, you might be surprised to know that on Christmas Island, there's only one dog.
她叫希洛,是一只巧克力色拉布拉多犬。
Her name is Shiloh, and she is a chocolate Labrador.
我觉得它可能会很孤独,因为没有同类可以作伴。
I think that it might be very lonely because there's no more of your kind to be friendly.
你看,由于地理位置偏远,圣诞岛是一些非常特别的野生动物的家园,包括那些红螃蟹。
You see, because it's so remote, Christmas Island is home to some very special wildlife, including those red crabs.
为了保护这些生物,岛上决定禁止养狗。
To protect them all, there was a decision made to keep dogs off the island.
我觉得狗狗希洛应该去和所有的猫打招呼,也许可以和猫交朋友,这样她就不会孤单了。
I think Shiloh the dog should go say hi to, all the cats and maybe perhaps make friends with cats so she won't be alone.
确实,岛上仍有许多野猫,但团队正在努力减少它们的数量。
Well, yes, there are still a lot of feral cats, but teams are working hard to bring those numbers down.
任何外来动物都可能对岛上濒危物种造成严重伤害,其中许多是地球上其他地方找不到的生物。
Any introduced animal can cause real harm to the threatened species on the island, many of which are creatures that aren't found anywhere else in the world.
你可能在想,那Shiloh这只狗为什么会在那里。
You might be wondering then what Shiloh the dog is doing there.
Shiloh曾经在岛上担任辅助犬工作。
Well, Shiloh used to work on the island as an assistance dog.
所以如果你有残疾,战斗犬是经过特殊训练来协助完成各种任务的。
So if you have a disability, battle dogs are specially trained to do things.
没错。
Yep.
Shiloh的工作非常重要,直到她的主人搬回大陆却无法带她一起走。
Shiloh's job was very important until her owner moved back to the mainland and couldn't take her with them.
当地居民决定团结起来照顾Shiloh,于是她成为了全岛共有的社区犬。
The locals decided to rally together to care for Shiloh, and she became the island's community dog.
他们甚至制定了遛狗排班表来让她开心。
They even set up a dog walking roster to keep her happy.
他们可以抚摸她,也许有些孩子会给她一些父母做的难吃食物。
They can give her pets, and maybe some of the kids give her some gross food their parents made.
Shiloh很可能是圣诞岛上最后一只狗了,社区都知道能拥有她是多么幸运。
It's likely that Shiloh will be the last ever dog on Christmas Island, and the community knows how lucky they are to have her.
朋友们,现在还有一个故事要挖掘。
And now, my friends, there's one more story to dig up.
现在是时候
It is time for
本周惊奇时刻。
Wow of the week.
哇。
Wow.
哇。
Wow.
哇。
Wow.
这个故事让我出门了,因为现在我觉得闪电的声音像是
This story made me go out because now I think that lightning sounds like
我们将前往一个人类从未涉足的地方——红色星球火星。
We're gonna take a trip to a place where no human has ever been, the red planet Mars.
我感觉自己刚刚被吹到了太阳上。
I feel like I just blown off into the sun.
因为灰尘太大,我什么都看不见。
I can't see anything because it's so dusty.
人类踏上火星还需要一段时间,但NASA的毅力号火星车已经在那里漫游了近四年。
It's gonna be a while before humans set foot on Mars, but NASA's Perseverance rover has been roaming around there for nearly four years.
寻找外星人。
Looks for aliens.
实际上,这辆火星车被派去寻找远古生命的迹象,并收集可能有一天被送回地球的岩石样本。
The rover was actually sent to look for signs of ancient life and to collect rock samples that might be sent back to Earth one day.
近日,研究人员宣布毅力号火星车有了新发现。
Recently, researchers announced that Perseverance had made a new discovery.
它首次捕捉到了火星上的闪电声音。
It had captured the sound of lightning on Mars for the very first time.
我们习惯将闪电视为天空中巨大的锯齿状电流,但研究人员表示,毅力号记录到的闪电是由飞扬的尘埃带电引起的。
We're used to lightning being big jagged lines of electricity in the sky, But researchers say that the lightning recorded by Perseverance was caused by dust whipping around becoming electrically charged.
这些闪电的外观也完全不同。
The bolts look completely different too.
它们非常微小,仅有几毫米长。
They're tiny, only a few millimeters long.
考虑到这种差异,如果地球上的闪电听起来是这样,你觉得火星上的闪电会是什么声音?
So with that difference in mind, if lightning sounds like this on Earth, what do you think it sounds like on Mars?
我认为火星上的闪电听起来会是这样的声音。
I think that lightning on Mars will sound like lightning will sound like this.
有意思
Interesting
想法。
thoughts.
让我们来听听看。
Let's take a listen.
尽管声音很小,但这却是个重大发现。
Even though it's a little sound, this is a big discovery.
一些专家希望暂缓庆祝,直到毅力号能拍摄到实际闪电的照片或视频。
Some experts want to hold off celebrations until Perseverance can capture photos or video of actual lightning flashes.
不过他们可能要等上一阵子,因为如果火星上的闪电只有几毫米长,那将非常难以观测。
They might be waiting a while though because if lightning bolts on Mars are only a few millimeters long, that would make them pretty hard to see.
事实上,据信在火星上被闪电击中的感觉,就像你触摸门把手或从滑梯上滑下来时产生的静电一样。
In fact, it's believed that getting struck by lightning on Mars would feel like the static shock that you get from touching a doorknob or from sliding down a slippery dip.
只是轻微的电击,但仍然不太好玩。
Just a little shock, but still not very fun.
就是这样,我的朋友们。
And there you go, my friends.
又一个故事旋风。
Another whirlwind of stories.
我们以闪电般的速度完成了倒计时,现在我也要像闪电一样迅速离开。
We've made it through the countdown in lightning fast time, and I'm gonna make like lightning and bolt.
谢谢。
Thank you.
非常欢迎。
You are so welcome.
感谢这一年的所有欢乐,请继续关注接下来几周非常特别的新时代节目。
Thanks for all the fun this year, and stay tuned in the coming weeks for some very special Newstime episodes.
下周我们将迎来一年一度的Wowfest盛典。
Next week, we're jumping into our annual Wowfest.
谢谢你,露比。
Thank you, Ruby.
再见。
Bye bye.
待会儿见。
See you later.
或者用孟加拉语说,就是bidai(再见)。
Or as they say in Bengali, bidai.
《新闻时间》是ABC儿童频道的播客节目。
Newstime is an ABC Kids Listen podcast.
想获取更多精彩播客、动感音乐以及睡前故事与配乐,请下载ABC儿童频道应用。
For other awesome podcasts to play, music to move to, and stories and soundtracks for sleep, download the ABC Kids Listen app.
可在应用商店免费获取。
It's free from your App Store.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。