本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
ABC 收听。
ABC Listen.
你好。
Hello.
我叫艾米丽,你正在收听《新闻时间》。
My name's Emily, and you're listening to Newstime.
你好,艾米丽。
Hello, Emily.
特别向我们的第一位新闻时间听众传奇人物——托伍姆巴的佐伊问好。
And a special hello to our first News Time listener legend, Zoe in Toowoomba.
来自盖亚比尔和贾塔瓦族群的土地上的问候。
Hello from the lands of the Gaiabil and Jatawa peoples.
每周在《新闻时间》中,你都会听到一位听众传奇的声音。
Every week on News Time, you'll be hearing from a listener legend.
如果你想成为其中一员,请听到播客结尾,了解如何参与。
So if you'd like to be one, tune in until the end of the podcast to find out how.
好的呢。
Okey dokey.
在今天的《新闻时间》中,我们将前往澳大利亚公开赛,认识一些制造轰动的人。
On today's news time, we'll head to the Australian Open to meet some people making a racket.
我们还将认识一只处于濒危状态的鹦鹉,它现在可真是慌乱不已。
We'll meet an endangered parrot that's in a total flap.
在本周的精彩瞬间中,我们将探访一家最近变得相当狂野又杂乱的超市。
And in our wow of the week, we'll visit a supermarket that's been quite wild and woolly lately.
明白啦。
Rightio.
我们开始吧?
Shall we get going?
让我们深入了解一下。
Let's dive in.
第五个故事。
Story number five.
如果你正在放学校假期,很可能你曾去过当地的图书馆。
If you've been on school holidays, there's a good chance you might have made a stop to your local library.
你可以在那里借书,还有一些纸张可以用来画画。
You can borrow books there, and there's also some paper where you can draw some pictures on.
还有一个安静的空间,你可以在那里专心做事。
There's also a quiet space that you can get work done.
那里有一个很棒的儿童区,有我特别喜欢的书,假期时还开放了Xbox。
It has a cool kids section with books I really like, and it has an Xbox open in the holidays.
我超爱图书馆。
I love libraries.
它们太棒了,坐垫柔软,堆满了可以免费借阅的故事书。
They're great, filled with squishy chairs and packed with stories that you can borrow for free.
不只是我喜欢去图书馆。
And it's not just me that loves visiting a library.
一份最近的报告显示,2025年澳大利亚各地图书馆的到馆人次增长了10%。
A recent report showed that in 2025, in person visits to libraries across Australia increased by 10%.
人们借阅的书籍比以往任何时候都多。
People are borrowing more than ever.
专家认为,这是因为人们希望通过借书而不是买书、借电影而不是付费订阅流媒体服务来省钱。
Experts think this is because people are looking to save money by borrowing books instead of buying them and borrowing movies instead of paying for streaming services.
如果自己购买的话会花更多钱,但图书馆是免费的。
It would cost more money because you would need to buy them, but the library is free.
布里斯班的图书馆最近分享了去年最受欢迎的儿童小说书籍。
Brisbane's libraries recently shared their most borrowed junior fiction books of last year.
排名榜首的是阿恩多的《怪咖系列》、图伊·T·苏瑟兰的《火翼》以及戴夫·皮尔基的《狗人》衍生作品《猫崽漫画社》。
Topping the list was Arndo's weirdo series, Wings of Fire by Tui T Sutherland, and Dave Pilkey's Dog Man spin off, Cat Kid Comic Club.
故事讲的是一只叫小佩迪的猫和一只有心灵感应的蝌蚪,和蝌蚪的家人——他们的爸爸是一条鱼——一起创办了一个漫画社。
It's about how this cat named Little Pedy and this psychic tadpole make a comic club with the family of the psychic tadpole and their dad a fish.
由一只有心灵感应的蝌蚪创办的漫画社?
A comic club run by a psychic tadpole?
我知道我下一本要读的书了。
I know what book I'll be reading next.
故事四。
Story number four.
你最近可能听过这个声音。
You might have heard this noise a bit lately.
是的。
Yep.
现在是澳大利亚公开赛的时间,这是我一年中最喜欢的时刻。
It's Australian Open time, my personal favorite time of the year.
澳大利亚公开赛是网球赛事,有很多人打网球,这是一场大型比赛。
The Australian Open is for tennis, and there's lots of people that play tennis, and it's a big competition.
网球是一项运动,如果你打网球,会变得很强壮,这有助于保持健康。
Tennis is a sport, and if you do it, you get really strong muscles, and that will keep you healthy.
每年一月,世界顶尖的网球选手都会聚集在墨尔本,参加澳大利亚的大满贯网球赛事。
Every January, the world's best tennis players gather in Melbourne to play in Australia's Grand Slam tennis tournament.
大满贯是职业网球界规模最大、积分最高、奖金最丰厚的赛事。
Grand Slams are the world's biggest competitions in the professional tennis world with the highest ranking points and big prize money up for grabs.
但当网球选手在球场上比赛时,有一支团队在幕后非常努力地工作。
But while the tennis players are on the courts, there's a team working very hard behind the scenes.
我能看到一些穿着白大褂的人。
I can see some people in white coat.
他们看起来正在摆弄一个大管子。
They look like they're doing something with a big tube.
看起来他们好像在做一个关于机器之类的科学实验。
Looks like they're making a science experiment about, like, a machine or something.
人们非常小心,手里还拿着网球拍。
People are being very careful, and they're holding tennis rackets.
这些是球拍穿线师。
These are racket stringers.
我觉得他们是把线穿到球拍上,这样网球选手才能打网球。
I think they put the strings on the rackets so then the tennis players can play tennis.
网球拍的线需要拉紧,因为球员要反复击球。
The strings on tennis rackets need to be tense because they have to hit balls over and over again.
如果弦的张力不对,球员就无法准确击球。
If the strings have the wrong tension, players won't be able to hit the ball accurately.
澳大利亚网球协会实际上会支付报酬给弦线技师,让他们按照球员习惯的硬度来穿线,但这里有个问题。
Tennis Australia actually pays racket stringers to string rackets to the stiffness players are used to, but there's a problem.
弦线技师严重短缺。
There's a shortage of racket stringers.
在未来几年里,澳大利亚网球协会将急需找到更多弦线技师。
Tennis Australia will really need to find some more in the coming years.
你觉得他们会怎么做呢?
How do you think they'll do that?
我会做广告。
I would advertise.
也许他们可以提供更高的薪水。
Maybe they could pay higher salaries.
也许他们可以做一些宣传,展示这项工作的好处,比如它如何带来强健和健康。
Maybe they could, do some advertising and show you them the good of doing it, like how it translates to being strong and healthy.
他们目前的计划是为热爱网球并希望学习穿线技艺的人开设培训项目。
Their plan at the moment is to run a training program for people who love tennis and want to learn the craft of stringing.
不过,这并不是一份容易的工作。
It's not an easy job, though.
去年的澳大利亚公开赛上,几乎有8000副球拍进行了穿线。
At last year's Australian Open, nearly 8,000 rackets were strung.
如果你觉得球员在球场上的脚步已经很快了,那就想想穿线师的手在球拍间忙碌的样子吧。
If you think the player's feet move fast on the court, think of the stringer's hands working through the rackets.
干得漂亮。
Good on you.
谢谢你们让人们对网球保持热情。
Thanks for letting people play tennis.
第三个故事。
Story number three.
在海峡对岸的新西兰,有一种非常特别的生物正准备给人留下深刻印象。
Across the ditch in New Zealand, there's a very special creature ready to make an impression.
它有着白色的喙、绿色的羽毛和棕白色的脸部。
It has a white beak, green feathers, and a brown whitish face.
它看起来像一只伪装的鸟。
It looks like a camouflaged bird.
它有点像鹦鹉,但全身绿色,还很胖。
It kinda looks like a parrot, but all green and fat.
我的意思是,没错。
I mean, sure.
说得客气点,这位美丽的鹦鹉有着一副丰满的大肚子。
To put it politely, politely, this beautiful parrot has a wonderful large tummy.
它被正式认定为世界上体重最重的鹦鹉。
It is officially the world's heaviest parrot.
它的名字叫鸮鹦鹉。
Its name is the kakapo.
鸮鹦鹉还拥有其他几项头衔。
The kakapo holds a few other titles too.
它也是世界上唯一一种夜行性鹦鹉,以及唯一一种不会飞的鹦鹉。
It's also the world's only nocturnal parrot and the world's only flightless parrot.
我觉得挺有意思的是,它虽然是鹦鹉,却不会飞。
I think it's interesting how it's a parrot, but it can't fly.
如果你不能飞,像企鹅那样,你就可以到处奔跑和游泳。
If you can't fly by kambuis and penguins, you can just go running everywhere and swimming.
大约一百年前,这种独特的鹦鹉遍布新西兰各地,但现在已濒临灭绝。
Around one hundred years ago, this unique parrot was seen all over New Zealand, but it's now critically endangered.
是因为恐龙吗?
Because of the dinosaurs?
它当地的食物来源正在减少。
Its local source of food was running low.
也许它的天敌在攻击它。
Maybe its predators were, like, attacking it.
是的。
Yep.
像猫这样的捕食者让这种无法飞走的鸟生活得非常艰难。
Predators like cats make life pretty hard for this bird that isn't able to just fly away.
但也有好消息。
But there is some good news.
目前,本地的雷木正在大量结果,这告诉鸮鹦鹉是时候寻找配偶并产卵了。
The native remu tree is growing heaps of berries at the moment, which tells the kakapo it's time to find a mate and produce eggs.
你能猜到雄性是如何吸引雌性的吗?
Can you guess what the males do to impress the females?
有些鸟类会跳舞来吸引雌性,让自己的羽毛变得鲜艳。
Some birds do, like, dances to try to get the female birds to go to it, so they, like, make their feathers colorful.
它可能像蝉和蟑螂那样做。
It might be like what cicadas do and cockroaches do.
它们可能会发出声音来吸引雌性。
They might, like, make noise to attract the females.
它们可能会放屁,散发出气味,宣告‘我在这里,我很强壮’。
They might fart and put up, like, smells like I'm over here and I'm strong.
我很高兴地说,唯一毛茸茸的东西是这只鸟的羽毛。
I'm pleased to say the only fluffy thing is the bird's feathers.
雄性会挖一个小坑,坐在里面,发出一种像大提琴拨弦般的低沉轰鸣声。
What the males do is dig a little hole in the ground, sit in it, and make a booming noise that sounds like a cello being plucked.
这种声音非常响亮,五公里外都能听到。
The noise is so loud, it can be heard from five kilometers away.
科学家们有信心,今年将会诞生大量沉重、夜行、不会飞的幼鸟。
Scientists are confident that there will be plenty of heavy, nocturnal, flightless chicks born this year.
加油,鸮鹦鹉!
Go go kakapo.
第二个故事。
Story number two.
我来问你们一个问题。
Here's a question for you.
你有没有在度假时落下过什么东西?
Have you ever left anything behind on a holiday?
我曾经差点弄丢了我最喜欢的玩具。
Once I almost lost my favorite toy.
我想我曾经弄丢过我的水瓶。
I think I lost my drink bottle once.
我曾经弄丢过我的护目镜、一只袜子和一条内裤。
I have lost my goggles once, one sock, and one pair of my undies.
你可能会惊讶地发现,每年都有数以万计的物品被乘客遗落在机场。
You might be surprised to learn that every year, tens of thousands of items are left behind at airports by passengers.
比如笔记本电脑、冲浪板,甚至昂贵的珠宝。
Things like laptops, surfboards, and even expensive jewelry.
有时候会有一个失物招领登记簿。
Sometimes there's a lost and found book.
没错。
That's right.
机场会努力尝试将物品归还给失主,但有时他们就是做不到。
Airports work hard to try and get items back to their owners, but sometimes they just can't.
那么,你认为他们是怎么处理这些遗失物品的呢?
So what do you think they do with all the lost things?
我觉得他们应该把东西都给飞行员,因为他们是载着人们飞行的人。
I think that they should just give them to the pilots because they're the one who's flying the people around.
实际情况是,悉尼、墨尔本和布里斯班的机场会举办拍卖会。
What actually happens is the airports in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane hold auctions.
所有物品都会被拿出来出售,出价最高的人就能得到它。
All the items are put on sale, and the person willing to pay the most gets it.
很棒的是,所有筹得的钱都会捐给慈善机构。
The great thing is that all the money raised goes to charity.
布里斯班机场最近举办了一场拍卖,拍品包括一条价值11,000美元的钻石金项链。
Brisbane Airport recently held an auction featuring a gold diamond necklace worth $11,000.
想象一下,如果你是那个丢失了这条项链的人。
Imagine if you were the person who lost that one.
我觉得它丢了很遗憾,但也很高兴有人能现在享受它。
I feel disappointed that it's lost, but happy that someone else can enjoy it now.
我可能会开车或跑一趟机场,然后说:嘿。
I'll just run up to the airport or drive up probably and then say, hey.
那是我的项链。
That's my necklace.
还有无人机、相机、乐器、婴儿车,甚至还有吸尘器。
There was also drones, cameras, musical instruments, prams, and even a vacuum cleaner.
朋友们,这可是个警告。
Friends, take this as a warning.
如果你即将结束假期回家,别落下任何东西。
If you're about to head home from school holidays, don't leave anything behind.
把包拉上拉链。
Zip up your bag.
再三检查一下有没有东西落在现场。
Triple check if you have anything left on the scene or something.
很好的建议。
Great advice.
好的。
Rightio.
我们已经浏览完新闻时段,找到了四个故事,但还有一个尚未发现。
We've made our way through the news time terminal and found four stories, but there's still one to seek out.
当然,这是我们的
Of course, it's our
本周惊奇事件。
Wow of the week.
这个故事让我惊叹,羊群是怎么通过安检摄像头的?
This story made me go wow because how could sheep even get past security cameras?
让我们前往德国,那里有一群羊在季节性迁徙途中,穿过乡村时分心了。
Let's head to a country called Germany, where a flock of sheep got a little distracted during their seasonal migration across the countryside.
它们没有走传统的道路,而是有50只羊挣脱束缚,去了一个非常不寻常的地方。
Rather than following the traditional roads, 50 sheep broke free and went somewhere very unusual.
我看到很多羊,我想是在一个有很多食物的购物中心。
I see a lot of sheep in I think it's a shopping center with lots of food.
一群羊走来走去,到处逛着买东西。
A bunch of sheep walking, walking, walking around and buying stuff.
是的。
Yep.
它们决定去购物,或者至少看看当地的超市。
They decided to go grocery shopping or at least check out the local supermarket.
你觉得它们为什么会走进去?
Why do you think they walked in?
也许它们闻到了食物的味道。
Maybe they smelled the food.
我觉得它们是想去弄点吃的。
I think they were trying to get food.
那里食物短缺了。
There was a food shortage.
它们想搞到那边的菠萝之类的东西。
They're trying to get, like, the pineapples there.
我觉得他们是在买东西
I think they were shopping for stuff
因为他们只得到羊毛。
because they only get wool.
他们并不是来淘便宜货,而是跟着商店附近的一串橡果走来的。
They weren't bargain hunting, but followed a trail of acorns near the shop.
他们进店后把饮料区搞得一团糟,打翻了玻璃瓶,瓶子摔在地上碎了。
When they got inside, they made a real mess of the drinks aisle, knocking over glass bottles which smashed on the floor.
很难想象他们当时在想什么。
It's hard to imagine what they were thinking.
这个地方太贵了。
This place is too expensive.
我只有1分钱。
I only have 1¢.
这个地方真奇怪。
This place is weird.
所有的猫去哪儿了?
Where's all the cats?
所有的草去哪儿了?
Where's all the grass?
请把那个放进我的篮子里。
Please put that in my basket.
这花了一段时间,工作人员和
It took staff and
商店的人类顾客花了大约二十分钟才让这群动物掉头离开商店。
the store's human customers about twenty minutes to get the herd to make a u turn and leave the store.
我觉得他们像牧羊犬一样把它们赶了出去。
I think they herded them out like their owners were sheep dogs.
我觉得他们一边走一边发出‘咯咯咯’的声音。
I think they went like, wokety wokety.
哦,羊群。
Oh, sheeps.
让开。
Out my of way.
我在这里购物。
I'm shopping here.
离开商店。
Out of the shop.
挺搞笑的是,所有这些羊都自己进了商店,根本没人试图把它们赶进去。
It's kind of funny that all of the sheep went into the shop without anyone, like, trying to get them in there.
不过,对于超市老板来说,这可一点都不好笑,因为他们得清理羊群制造的大麻烦。
Well, it wasn't so funny for the supermarket's owners who had to clean up the big mess caused by the lamb bush.
尽管一片混乱,但让你高兴的是,这群羊并没有被关进牢房。
Despite the chaos though, you'll be pleased to know that the herd of sheep were not put behind bars.
好吧,这期节目里我能用的双关语差不多就这些了。
Well, that's just about all the bad wordplay I can fit in one episode.
但在结束之前,我有个小测验,看看你听得多认真。
But before I go, I have a quiz for you to see how well you've been listening.
我会问你五个问题。
I'll ask you five questions.
看看你能不能大声喊出答案,赢过身边的成年人。
See if you can shout out the answers and beat any grown ups nearby.
准备好了吗?
Ready?
第一个问题。
Question one.
去年布里斯班最受欢迎的借阅书籍是哪一本?
What was one of the most borrowed books in Brisbane last year?
第二个问题。
Question two.
澳大利亚的大满贯赛事叫什么名字?
What is the name of Australia's Grand Slam?
第三个问题。
Question three.
完成这句话。
Finish this sentence.
鸮鹦鹉是世界上唯一不会飞的鹦鹉。
The kakapo is the world's only flightless wot.
第四题。
Question four.
通过拍卖丢失行李所筹集的所有钱都去哪了?
Where does all the money go that's raised through auctioning lost luggage?
第五题。
Question five.
哪个国家的超市里曾出现过一群羊?
In which country was there a herd of sheep in a supermarket?
再来一个额外的难题怎么样?
And how about a bonus tricky question?
雄性鸮鹦鹉发出的轰鸣声听起来像什么?
The male kakapo makes a booming noise that sounds like what?
好吧。
Alright.
我们的思考时间到此结束。
We're all out of thinking time.
让我们看看你们是否答对了。
Let's see if you were right.
布里斯班最受欢迎的借阅书籍是《 Weirdo 》系列、《火翼》和《猫崽漫画俱乐部》。
The most borrowed books in Brisbane were the Weirdo series, Wings of Fire and Cat Kid Comic Club.
澳大利亚的大满贯赛事被称为澳大利亚公开赛。
Australia's Grand Slam is called the Australian Open.
新西兰的鸮鹦鹉是世界上唯一不会飞的鹦鹉。
New Zealand's kakapo is the world's only flightless parrot.
通过机场拍卖筹集的资金会捐给慈善机构,而那群羊曾造访过德国的一家超市。
Money raised through airport auctions is given to charity, and the herd of sheep visited a supermarket in Germany.
至于这个额外的难题,雄性鸮鹦鹉求偶时的叫声听起来像大提琴被拨动。
And for the bonus tricky question, the male carcopo's call for a mate sounds like a cello being plucked.
干得漂亮,新闻侦探们。
Great job, news sleuths.
好了,这周的新闻时间就到这里。
Well, that's it for news time this week.
但如果你想成为像今天托夸omba的佐伊那样的新闻时间聆听传奇,不妨查看播客的节目说明并联系我们,或者直接访问Kids Listen网站的News Time页面。
But if you would like to be a news time listener legend, just like Zoe in Toowoomba was today, have a look in the podcast show notes and get in touch, or just head straight to the news Time page of the Kids Listen website.
我非常期待收到你的来信。
I'd love to hear from you.
谢谢,艾米丽。
Thanks, Emily.
下次再见,祝你观赛愉快。
Catch you next time, and enjoy the tennis.
News Time 是ABC Kids Listen的播客。
News Time is an ABC Kids Listen podcast.
想收听其他精彩的播客、跟着音乐律动,或寻找助眠的故事与音轨,请前往ABC Listen应用中的Kids专区。
For other awesome podcasts to play, music to move to, and stories and soundtracks for sleep, head to the Kids tab on the ABC Listen app.
在你的应用商店可以免费获取。
It's free from your App Store.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。