本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
哇。
Wow.
大家好,欢迎收听《海外日本》播客,这可能是了解日本生活的最佳方式——即使你人不在日本。
Hello, and welcome to the Abroad Japan podcast, probably probably the best way of learning about life in Japan without actually being in Japan.
我是主持人克里斯·布罗德。
I'm your host, Chris Broad.
和往常一样,我们请到了英国头号日本文化爱好者,皮特·唐纳森先生。
We're joined as always by England's top Japan enthusiast, mister Pete Donaldson.
皮特,最近怎么样?
Pete, how the devil?
你还好吗?
How are you doing?
发生什么事了?
What's going on?
到底发生什么事了?
What is going on?
日本有个新产品我真的很想试试,克里斯,但听起来很恶心。
There is a new product in Japan that I really wanna try, Chris, and it sounds disgusting.
那我就
Then I'll
会超酷的。
be bloody cool ish.
嗯,它是奶油状的。
Well, it's creamy.
我不能说它不奶油。
I can't say it's not creamy.
日本星巴克推出了汤布奇诺。
Starbucks Japan have released the Supachino.
这特么是什么玩意儿?
What the dick is is that?
这是首次尝试——是汤和卡布奇诺的混合体。
It's a first it's it's a cross between soup and a cappuccino.
基本上,它是用星巴克拿铁咖啡机蒸汽加热牛奶制成的。
It's basically, they it's made by steaming milk in one of your Starbucks latte machines.
没错。
Right.
然后加入黑松露、三种蘑菇、一点煎培根调味,还有蔬菜高汤。
And then combining it with black truffles and three types of mushroom, and and and a bit of fried break bacon, taste as well and vegetable broth.
最后装饰用的不是卡布奇诺常用的巧克力粉,而是撒上欧芹碎。
It's then, garnished with a sprinkled, not of chocolate like a cappuccino, but of parsley.
对,这就是所谓的'汤布奇诺',看起来简直恶心透了。
And, yeah, it's a it's a Supaccino, and it looks absolutely go gopping.
真的恶心到爆。
Absolutely gopping.
汤布奇诺。
Supaccino.
你从哪儿发现这玩意儿的?
How where'd you find this?
你在哪找到这个的?
Where'd you find this?
就在所有那些古怪日本故事聚集的地方——Soronius 24。
Where all the weird, Japanese stories are in, Soronius 24.
这是个
It's a
所以这应该是甜点吗?还是那种咸味的汤类?
good So is it supposed to be like a dessert, or is that, like, a savory, soupy Kind
看起来像奶制甜点,但我觉得应该是...我已经下载了图片准备上传
of looks like a milky kind of dessert, but, no, I think it is supposed to be a I've I've downloaded a picture to put it up.
这该死的网页图片格式啊老兄
The web peas, man.
为什么互联网开始用WebP而不是该死的JPEG?你们这些混蛋快给我换回去
Why did the Internet start using WebPs instead of freaking My go back to JPEG, you absolute pieces.
WebP
WebP.
去你的。
Get stuffed.
幸运的是,OBS能打开WebP格式。
Luckily, OBS can open WebPs.
是啊。
Yeah.
所以它看起来就是那样。
So it like looks that.
那就是那种
That's who's kind
基本上看起来就像一碗奶油蘑菇汤。
of a normal it does look like a creamy mushroom soup, basically.
松露汤奇诺。
The truffle soupucino.
松露汤奇诺。
The truffle soupucino.
我就是喜欢它。
I I just fancy it.
我只是
I just
你看过阿尔·帕西诺唱Dunkaccino歌的那个片段吗?
You've that clip of Al Pacino singing the Dunkaccino song?
对我的Dunkaccino爱不释手。
Can't get enough of my Dunkaccino.
你看过吗?
Have you seen it?
看过。
Yes.
我想是的。
I think.
那是日本独有的还是美国的?
Was that Japanese only or was that America?
我不记得了
I can't
记不清了
remember.
那是我们2013年参演的一部不太好的电影,对吧
It was a film we was in in, like, 2013 that wasn't very good Right.
和亚当·桑德勒一起拍的
With Adam Sandler.
我觉得他现在回想起来可能会说
And I think he in hindsight, he's like, yeah.
后悔接那部戏
Regret that.
当时需要钱
I needed the money.
确实
Yeah.
不过还挺好笑的。
It's quite funny, though.
我挺享受的。
I quite enjoy it.
但我会像享受超级西尼那样享受它吗?
But will I enjoy it as much as the super the supercini?
我会告诉你的。
I'll let you know.
我打算找个时间试试看。
I'm gonna try I'm gonna seek this out at some point and try it.
我超爱喝汤的。
I love a bit of soup.
你看过那个澳洲博主的视频吗?他和伴侣去麦当劳之类的汽车餐厅。
Have you seen them have you seen that Aussie blog who him and his partner are going to a drive through, like McDonald's or whatever.
每次他女友要点餐,比如‘我要六块鸡柳’,他就大喊‘请给我一大包汤’
And every time she goes to say what she wants, like, I want some I want six chicken tendies or whatever, he just shouts, a big bag of the soup, please.
搞什么鬼?
What the hell?
盖过她的点餐声
Over his over her order.
每次她开口想点餐时,他就喊‘来一大包汤’
Every time she opens her mouth to try and order the food, he goes, big bag of the soup.
他为什么这么做?
Why does he do that?
因为男人都是猪
Because men are pigs.
就是猪
Just pigs.
该死的
Goddamn it.
但每次都是‘来一大包汤就挺好’
But every time, just big bag of the soup would be nice.
每次我在得来速点餐时,莎拉总会大喊'来一大包汤,伙计',总是这么霸道。
Just always demanding of a so every time I'm at a drive through, Sarah will shout, big bag of the soup, mate.
因为她非常
Because she's very
我仍然对上次和夏树一起去麦当劳的经历感到不安。
I'm still unsettled by my by my previous trip to McDonald's with Natsuki.
我们当时拍了那个视频,就是开着小K-car穿越日本的那个。
We did that, like, the video, like, the tiny K Car thing where we drove across Japan.
在旅程的前三分之一,我们去了得来速,我坐在驾驶座,夏树在副驾驶,我点了个武士汉堡。
And on the third first third, we went for a drive through, and I'm in the driver's seat, Natsuki's in the passenger seat, and I ordered a Samurai Mac.
对吧?
Right?
然后那位女士问:'您要哪种武士汉堡?'
And the woman's like, which what kind of Samurai Mac do you want?
我说:'我不知道啊。'
I'm like, I don't know.
就是,什么情况,我就...我直接僵住了,慌得不行,只能说不。
Like, what and I'm just and I like I freeze and panic, and I'm like, no.
武士...然后夏树在旁边笑得前仰后合。
Samurai so I'm and Natsuki's like laughing his head off.
然后我就说,他妈的武士巨无霸。
And then I I go, fucking fucking Samurai Mac.
随便给
Just give
我个巨无霸什么的。
me a Big Mac or something.
然后
And then
我直接改单了。
I just completely changed the order.
夏树笑得快背过气去了
And Datsuki's, like, laughing, choking to death in
是的。
the Yes.
副驾驶座。
Passenger seat.
记住这个。
Remember this.
愚蠢的武士麦克。
Stupid Samurai Mac.
一大包日本汤。
Big bag of a big bag of a Japanese soup.
直到今天,我还是不知道其他武士麦克是什么。
To this day, I still don't know what other samurai mac there is.
不。
No.
我想好吧。
I think well.
看来你点单时把肉和服给脱掉了。
Seems like this you got away your meat kimono if you're ordering.
就像我说的,这事必须得做。
As I said, it's gotta do it.
哦,我只是觉得东西不错。
Oh, I just Good stuff, though.
好一个老武士麦克。
Good old samurai Mac.
确实不错。
It is good.
确实不错。
It is good.
他们把牛肉浸泡在汤汁里。
It's they bathe the the beef.
他们给汉堡牛肉打嗝。
They burp the the the hamburger beef.
我很高兴你不是公关团队的。
I'm glad you're not in the PR team.
我们已经给牛肉洗过澡了,伙计们。
We've bathed we've bathed the beef, guys.
哦,很好。
Oh, good.
太棒了。
Brilliant.
他们给牛肉洗澡。
They bathe the beef.
他们把牛肉泡在酱油里。
They bathe into soy sauce.
一位老太太的头发。
An old lady's hair.
我们已经给牛肉洗过澡了,伙计们。
We've bathed the beef, guys.
他们他们已经好了。
They've they've alright.
他们把牛肉腌在该死的酱油里了。
They've marinated it in fucking soy sauce.
腌得更好些。
Marinating it Better.
很好。
Good.
天啊。
God.
是啊。
Yeah.
宝贝你
Babe you
在酱油里腌一会儿。
in some soy sauce a minute.
操。
Fuck.
你知道吗?
You know?
我想要
I'd like
不过他挺厉害的。
He's good, though.
那个武士非常厉害。
He's very good, the samurai man.
是啊。
Yeah.
一定要试试
Do do try it
如果你
if you
来日本吧。
come to Japan.
把顺序弄对。
Get the order right.
可爱的司机和武士夏树一起。
Lovely driver's With with samurai Natsuki.
是啊。
Yeah.
荒谬到时间的尽头。
Ridiculously to the end of time.
来自西澳大利亚珀斯的蒂姆说,你好,格里兹·皮特。
Tim from Perth in Western Australia says, hello, Grizzy Pete.
你好。
Hello.
我想感谢你激励我在中断近三十年后重新开始骑自行车。
I wanna thank you for inspiring me to get back in into cycling after a near a near three decade hiatus.
我和夏树是同年代的。
I'm the same vintage as Natsuki.
仅今年一年,我就骑行了3000公里。
This year alone, I've covered 3,000 kilometers on my bike.
这一切最终以我完成岛波海道——点燃最初火花的日本穿越之旅——而达到高潮。
This all culminated in me finishing the Shimonami Kaido, the original journey across Japan that lit the spark.
当我骑上通往今治的最后一座桥的坡道时,我确实感到有些激动。
I actually felt a bit emotional as I rode up to the ramp of the last bridge before Imabari.
我惊讶于一切竟然都按计划进行。
I was amazed that everything had gone according to plan.
天气好极了,我得以欣赏令人叹为观止的风景。
The weather was gorgeous, and I got to enjoy jaw dropping scenery.
我真希望这段旅程永不结束。
I didn't want it to end.
我花了两天多时间骑行,总里程达154公里,期间还完成了一些支线任务,包括绕行大部分尾道市,前往志田高山观景点并返回。
I rode it over two in two in a bit days and covered a 154 kilometers as I did do some side quests, including going around most of Onimichi to Shida Takayama Viewpoint and back.
从第二天起才是真正的旅程开始。
Day two onwards was the journey proper.
骑普通自行车上到那些观景点的路程相当艰难,但我太骄傲也太固执不愿骑电动自行车,不过那些风景绝对值得。
Some of the rides up to the observation points were brutal on a pedal bike, but I was too proud and too stubborn to use an ebike, but the views were worth it.
这是我人生中最喜欢也最有成就感的经历之一,除了第一天被一只黑鸢擦身而过那次。
It's been one of my favorite and rewarding experiences ever except for being, sweeping by a black kite on day one.
再次感谢你,Wow。
Thank you again Wow.
来自澳大利亚珀斯的Tim。
Tim from Perth, Australia.
我刚在上个月和Connor一起完成这段旅程,可以证明这可能是日本最棒的体验。
I mean, having just done it myself, last month with Connor, I can attest it is probably the best thing in Japan.
太有趣了。
It's so fun.
因为岛屿横跨濑户内海,景色简直美得令人窒息。
The scenery is absolutely jaw dropping because the islands go across the inland sea.
你只需不时停下脚步,眺望远方,就能看到这片辽阔美丽的海域和星罗棋布的小岛。
You just stop periodically, you look across, and you see this vast beautiful ocean and these tiny islands dotted around.
那景象确实有点像,你知道的,冥河之类的。
It does look like, you know, the River Styx or something.
就像是你想象中的天堂景色,那种感觉。
It looks like the view of heaven that you kind of Yeah.
就是你可能会想象的那种画面。
You you know, you might picture.
我玩得非常开心。
And I had a great time.
所以我完全理解你的感受,蒂姆。
So I know exactly how you feel, Tim.
如果你正在看这个视频,还在规划近期日本之行的行程,老实说我会强烈推荐把它列在行程首位。
And if you're watching this, still making up your itinerary for your trip to Japan in the near future, I'd put that firmly in the sort of top of it, to be honest.
可能仅次于住在一家带温泉的舒适日式旅馆。
Second only maybe to staying in a nice ryokan with a nice hot spring.
岛波海道简直太他妈棒了。
Shimonami Kaido is just fucking amazing.
确实如此。
It really is.
没错。
Yeah.
不过别骑电动车去。
Don't do it on e bike, though.
有人这么干过。
Some people did.
我和康纳骑车时,总有人嗖地一下骑着电动车超过去,我就觉得,叛徒。
When I was cycling with Connor, people would, like, shoot past on e bike, and I'd be like, traitors.
叛徒。
Traitors.
你们不能这样。
You can't do this.
然后我就因为自己没有...好吧,这么说吧
And then I got angry that I didn't have Well, telling
我是说,我觉得人们存在行动不便的问题
me, I mean, I think people have accessibility issues.
而且我觉得我也骑不了自行车
And also, I don't think I could cycle.
我体格不行
I'm not a fit man.
我偶尔踢踢足球,但我不是那种能让双腿像活塞一样运动、能骑到目的地的人
I play a bit of football here and there, but I'm not a I'm not someone who could get get the old twin pistons going and, you know, get to where we need to be.
说实话,如果再来一次,我可能会选择电动自行车
Well, honestly, if I did it again, I probably would use an e bike.
但事实上我已经骑过两次...现在是三次了,我觉得我有资格用电动自行车了
But I've I've done it twice, done it three times now, actually, and, you know, I've I've earned that e bike.
我现在有自己的电动自行车了
I have my e bike.
是啊。
Yeah.
确实。
You have.
干脆骑摩托车吧。
Do it on a motorbike.
如果你真的很担心的话
If you are generally worried about doing
我建议你买辆电动自行车。
it, though, I would say get an e bike.
去骑吧。
Do it.
这没什么大不了的。
It doesn't matter.
重要的是旅程本身,你知道的,不一定是自行车上的挣扎。
It's about the journey, you know, not the not necessarily the struggle on the bike.
是关于'不'的
It's about the No.
这趟旅程本身绝对令人难以置信
Absolutely incredible journey itself.
而且这条路线有专门的自行车道,你知道的,这样你就不会骑进车流或类似情况
And the route has its own separate bike path, you know, so you're not riding into traffic or anything like that.
但我拍了个视频
But I did a video it.
视频名为《24小时探访日本濑户内海天堂——岛波海道与莎拉同行》
It's called twenty four hours in Japan's inland sea paradise, Shimonami Kaede with Sharla.
2018年发布的,我觉得现在看依然很不错
Came out 2018, and it's held up pretty well, I think.
让我们看看那个视频吧
Let's give a video of that.
美好的回忆
Fond memories.
美好的回忆。
Fond memories.
但这周日本发生了什么,道森先生?
But what is going on in Japan this week, mister Dawson?
给我们讲讲那些不太开心的单身中年男性吧。
Tell us about single middle aged men who aren't that happy.
单身中年男性。
Single middle aged men.
他们不开心。
They're not happy.
他们不开心。
They're not happy.
日本的新研究。
New research in Japan.
日本的研究似乎基本上把大部分时间都花在研究无子女夫妇、独居人群和孤独症候群上了。
Research in Japan just seems to basically just spend most of its time studying childless childless couples, people who are just not together, loneliness epidemics.
他们就是这样,这就是他们所做的一切。
They are just that's all they're doing.
这些孤独的科学家和,你知道的,营销人员就这样把这一切拼凑在一起。
These lonely scientists and, you know, marketers just sort of putting it this altogether.
是啊。
Yeah.
日本的新研究揭示了一个关于幸福感的惊人趋势。
New research in Japan has highlighted a surprising trend in happiness.
一项对东京及周边地区超过15,000人的调查显示,四五十岁的单身男性在所有年龄和婚姻群体中幸福感最低。
A survey of over 15,000 people in Tokyo and nearby prefecture show that single men in their forties and fifties report the lowest levels of happiness among all age and marital groups.
据研究员荒川和久称,这是两个因素共同作用的结果。
According to researcher, Kazuhisa Arakawa, this is a com combination of two factors.
中年往往伴随着幸福感下降,而未婚人士通常比已婚人士感到更不满足。
Middle age tends to bring lower happiness, and unmarried individuals generally report less contentment than married people.
当这两个因素叠加时,中年单身男性就成了最挣扎的群体。
When these overlap, it's middle aged single men who are struggling most.
经济压力是原因之一。
Economic pressures are part of the story.
这一群体中的许多男性面临工作不稳定或收入较低的问题。
Many men in this group, face job insecurity or lower income.
社会变革意味着传统角色——曾经的身份认同与稳定来源正在发生变化。
Societal changes mean that traditional roles, once a source of identity and stability, are shifting.
但这种现象在世界各地都能看到,不是吗?
But you see that all over the world, don't you?
荒川指出,这些损失可能影响自尊和整体幸福感,但仍有希望。
Arakawa points out that these losses could impact self worth and overall well-being, but there is hope.
荒川认为,通过关注有意义的体验而非地位或财富等外在指标,幸福感可以得到提升。
Arakawa, suggests that, happiness can improve by focusing on meaningful experiences rather than external measures like status or wealth.
建立人际关系、探索新兴趣、规划人生方向都能帮助中年单身男性重获满足感。
Building connections, exploring new interests, and creating places to go in life can help middle aged single men rediscover contentment.
虽然中年单身男性可能是目前最不快乐的群体,但让我们把重点放在生活体验上。
Apparently, middle aged single men may be the currently the least happy group, but let's focus on experience.
让我们聚焦于人生目标。
Let's focus on purpose.
加入一个壁球队。
Join a squash team.
我不了解那个领域的人们做什么。
I don't know what people do in that sphere.
加入一个壁球队。
Join a squash team.
我在思考。
I wonder.
我认为在日本,相比其他国家,人们被要求遵循某种既定的人生蓝图。
I think in Japan, more than other countries, there's a sort of blueprint that people are made to follow.
比如,从四岁到十八岁甚至更长的教育过程中,你的手被牵着,就像其他国家那样简单地走过教育的流水线。
Like, if you look at the education process from four years old to 18 years old and often beyond, your hand is held and you simply walk through the conveyor belt of education, like other countries.
但在日本,这种教育确实某种程度上为你适应国内生活并融入其中做了准备。
But in Japan, it it does sort of prepare you for life in the country and being a part of it.
我记得最令人印象深刻的是,我的每个学生在离校前都已经安排好了下一步计划。
And I remember what was most impressive, my students every one of my students had something lined up and ready to go before they left school.
比如,通常他们都已经找好了工作和去处。
Like, often, they'd have their jobs and places.
所有上大学的人都已经准备就绪,而那些准备直接就业的人也早已做好职业规划,工作都已落实。
Everyone that went to university was already were ready to go, and everyone that was doing like, getting a job in the real world would, like, be prepped for that and have their jobs already go.
所以他们一走出校门就直接步入职场。
So they stepped out of school and into employment.
日本这种模式很好,但突然之间,到了二十多岁的人生下一阶段,压力就来了——要迅速安定下来,赶紧找人结婚,最好在28岁前生孩子。
So Japan has that nice way of but then all of a sudden, after that, you know, the next phase, your twenties, the pressure's on to to settle down, find someone quick, marry, have kids before sort of 28 years old.
如果你不符合这个标准,就会很麻烦,人们确实承受着巨大压力。
And if you don't fit that, then it can be problematic and, you know, real pressure on people.
所以,是的,我对这种情况并不感到惊讶。
So, yeah, I'm not surprised by that.
而且我感觉这里并没有...
And there's not as I feel like there's
没有那么多,可能有,但我觉得
not as much, and there might be, but I feel like there's
日本的社会流动性不如其他国家高。
not as much social mobility in Japan as other countries.
很难在不同行业间转换。
It's hard to move between sectors.
对吧?
Right?
转行换工作比在国内要困难一些。
It's hard to do that a bit more so than maybe it's to switch between jobs and careers and sectors back home.
不过,我对这个并不感到惊讶。
But, yeah, I'm not surprised by that, though.
真的吗?
Really?
人们不像你说的那样,他们一毕业就直接工作,没有花点时间寻找自我,只是把时间花在喝酒上。
People don't sort of take like you say, like, people start their job straight out of school or or university, and they don't take a little bit of time to sort of find themselves a little bit, and you just spend time just drinking.
从某些方面来说,我18岁毕业后算是幸运的。
I mean, I was lucky in some respects after I finished school aged 18.
我本来准备上大学,但后来意识到自己并不确定是否真想读大学。
I was about to go to university, and then I, like, realized I wasn't sure I wanted to do it.
所以我休了一年间隔年。
So I took a gap year.
坦白说那一年里,与其说是找到了自我,不如说是拼命工作度过了相当抑郁的一年。
And in that year, admittedly, I I didn't really find myself so much as work really hard and have a pretty depressing year.
不过那段时期让我想清楚了很多事,帮助我意识到或许还是该去上大学。
Well, I got a lot of clarity during that time, and it helped me realize, I should probably go to university.
我算是找到了让自己兴奋的目标。
And I sort of got, like, something to get excited about.
就我而言,这个目标是来日本——我想在日本教书,然后再说,因为我觉得这会很冒险刺激。
In this case, it was coming to Japan, this idea of like, I wanna teach in Japan, we'll go from there, you know, because I thought it'd be quite adventurous.
但在迷茫时期,这个指路明灯确实给了我很多目标和方向,就像很多刚毕业的人一样。
But having that guiding star really did give me a lot of purpose and focus at a time when I was lost, like a lot of people coming out of school, you know.
真他妈吓人,对吧?
Fucking terrifying, ain't it?
刚从教室出来就要进入现实世界,整天就是考试、测验什么的。
Going into the real world after just sitting in a classroom, doing your tests, exams, and stuff.
突然间,你就得积极主动起来。
All of a sudden, you have to be proactive.
突然间,你就得自己做决定,这真的很难。
All of a sudden, you have to make decisions, and, it's it's tough.
很可怕。
It's scary.
不只是在日本,在哪儿都一样。
Not just in Japan, but anywhere.
会有很多二十多岁的年轻人收听、观看这个播客。
There will be a lot of people in their, sort of twenties, listening and, you know, viewing this podcast.
虽然我不想摆出老前辈的姿态,但二十几岁就是可以随便折腾的年纪啊。
And, you know, I hate to be old father time and stuff, but, I mean, your twenties are a free hit, man.
二十多岁就是可以尽情尝试的年纪。
Your your 20 hit your twenties are free hit.
我当时确实搞砸了不少事。
I did fuck on.
我大概是在26、27岁左右才开始我的广播生涯。
I I started my radio career at, like, 26, I think, 27.
其他人可能都是从校园电台之类的起步。
Everybody else would have started, like, student radio and stuff.
但我很长时间都在伦敦的某个地方政府工作。
But I was, like, just working for a, you know, local government in in in London for the longest time.
虽然那份工作不错,不过...
So they've had a good job, but
特工先生。
Special agent.
卡!
Cut.
道尔顿。
Dalton.
地方政府。
Local government.
是啊。
Yeah.
住房部门没错。
The housing yeah.
住房部门的。
The the housing division's.
基本上就是问社会住房住户,
So basically saying to social housing members,
你们想搬到东北部吗?
do you wanna move into the Northeast?
因为我们有
Because we've got a
那边有更多的社会保障房。
lot more social housing up there.
你可能会有更多空间给孩子。
You'd probably actually have a bit more room for your kids.
他们会问,你为什么待在这里?
And they go, why are you down here?
我说,别管那个。
I'm going, don't worry about that.
别担心。
Don't worry.
为什么?
Why?
工作。
A job.
不过确实。
But yeah.
我是说,别给自己施加不必要的压力去开始那份职业。
I mean, just don't don't put undue pressure on yourself to start that career.
也许,这种所谓的‘奋斗文化’,你知道的,不断拼搏上升之类的观念,某种程度上让人们觉得不必非得通过工作来赚钱和实现你想做的事。
And maybe, like, this whole kind of hustle culture and, you know, grinding rising and grinding and stuff, maybe perhaps gives, people a bit of a, an idea that you don't have to go into the job to make your money and to make the thing that you want to do.
也许你可以做些更有创意的事情。
Maybe you can do something a bit more creative.
也许你可以尝试些城市常规工作之外的事情,比如为对冲基金工作之类的。
Maybe you can do something outside of, you know, your usual, you know, work in the city and, you know, work for a hedge fund, etcetera.
对我来说,这是毫无疑问的。
I mean, for me, there was no doubt.
在我们上一期播客里,我提到过我祖父母曾在外交部工作。
In the last episode that we had the podcast, I talked about my grandparents who worked for the foreign office.
对吧?
Right?
他们曾在利比亚、波兰、加拿大和爱尔兰这些异国他乡工作过。
And they worked in, like, Libya and Poland and Canada and Ireland, exotic clans.
小时候围坐在餐桌旁听他们讲故事时,就在我心里埋下了种子:哦,我也想生活在海外。
And sitting around the dinner table hearing their stories as a kid, it put it sort of seeded this idea that, oh, I wanna live overseas.
我也想拥有这样的冒险经历。
I wanna have these adventures as well.
所以,是的。
So we'll yeah.
我认为我们每个人心底都藏着一颗指路星辰,知道自己想做什么,哪些事能让我们兴奋。
We'll find we will I think that, yeah, we will have, a guiding star hidden away in our minds of what we wanna do somewhere, things that excite us.
但对我来说,二十多岁时能为之兴奋的就是这件事。
But for me, yeah, was that was something to get excited about in my twenties.
我觉得很幸运当时在日本,因为每天都像在迎接激动人心的挑战,学习新事物,尝试新体验,走出舒适区。
And I think I'm lucky that I was in Japan because I felt like every day was like an exciting challenge, learning new things, doing new things, going outside my comfort zone.
这种经历以我从未想过的方式推动着我成长。
And yeah, it pushed me in ways I never thought I would.
所以我并不是在建议所有年轻人都要搬到日本当老师。
So I'm not necessarily saying if you're young to to move to Japan and become a teacher.
我认为这不适合所有人。
I don't think it's for everyone.
我觉得我的大多数朋友都不会喜欢这种生活。
I don't think many of my friends would have enjoyed it.
我想说的是,既要享受乐趣,也要挑战自我。
What I'm saying is, you know, try and have fun, but challenge yourself as well.
去做那些你有点想做但又有点害怕的事。
Do things that you kinda wanna do, but you might feel a bit scared of doing.
我想在这个过程中,你很可能会找到真正的自己。
And I think you'll probably find yourself along the way.
你明白吗?
You know?
不过我觉得人到中年会更艰难些。
But I suppose it's tougher when you're in your middling middle age years, though.
你懂我的意思吗?
You know?
你是个中年男人。
You're a middle aged man.
你快乐吗?
Are you happy?
你是个中年男人。
You're a middle aged man.
是啊。
Yeah.
我是个
I'm a
那个男人,我想。
the man, I think.
是啊。
Yeah.
我是说,我有一个孩子、一个伴侣和两条狗。
I mean, I've got a child and a partner and two dogs.
什么?
What?
但我还能要什么呢?我刚给自己买了个小信箱,装在房子前面,方便人们放包裹。
But what more could I I've just bought myself a little I've just bought myself a little post box for the front the house so people can put their packages in.
我还做了个圣诞蛋糕,一直用雪利酒喂养它,像个奇怪的孩子。
And I've I've I've made a Christmas cake, which is which I keep on feeding Sherry too, like a weird child.
但如果你是个单身中年男人,你会做什么?
But what would you be doing if you were if you were a single middle aged man?
你究竟会做什么呢,真的?
What what would you do, really?
我在一个房间里,里面有台七十年代的电视机,还有个电视主持人理查德·基斯的纸浆头像。
I'm in a room with a with a nineteen seventies television and a papier macha head of, of the TV presenter Richard Keys.
老实说,我实在想不出还能怎么更古怪了。
I'm struggling to see how I could get more eccentric, to be honest with you.
是啊。
Yeah.
展开剩余字幕(还有 213 条)
我不知道该怎么形容,昨天我花时间修理了一台超8毫米胶片放映机之类的东西。
I don't know how I would get you know, I spent yesterday fixing a or spent last week fixing a, a a a super eight projector and stuff.
我是说,我觉得我生活中本来就有很多这样的事情要做。
I mean, it's I just feel like there's just a lot of, like, things in my life that I'll be doing anyway.
我只是有很多闲逛和做自己想做的事情的自由。
I just pot I do get a lot of, like, scope to potter around and do what I want anyway.
所以,是的,我过得非常开心。
So, yeah, I'm I'm having the best time.
真的非常开心。
I really am.
真棒。
Well done.
真棒,萨拉和女儿。
Well done, Sarah and daughter.
嗯,就像荒川在研究中说的,幸福可以通过关注有意义的体验而非地位或财富等外在标准来提升。
Well, I mean, as Arakawa says in their study that happiness can be improved by focusing on meaningful experiences rather than external measures like status or wealth.
我完全赞同这个观点。
I'd agree with that wholeheartedly.
你知道吗?
You know?
我最近记忆中最美好的事情其实并不需要花很多钱,比如骑自行车游览涩谷海道,还有徒步旅行之类的。
The best things that I've done of recent memory don't require that much money, like the Shibunami Kaido cycle, like hiking Yeah.
和夏月一起走中山道。
Nakasendo Trail with Natsuki.
你知道吗,这些精彩的事情其实预算有限也能做到。
You know, you can do it on a budget, these amazing things.
在身体和精神上挑战自己,完成这些很酷的事情。
Push yourself physically, mentally, do all these cool things.
做这些并不需要花很多钱。
You don't need that much money to do it.
如果我现在在英国,可能会去湖区徒步几周,或者扔掉书本之类的。
If I was in The UK right now, I'd probably go and hike the Lake District for a few weeks or get rid of book or something.
就是,那个,我也不知道。
Like, there's there's the I don't know.
有太多事情可以做了。
There's so much things you could do.
我想关键是要找到你热爱的兴趣爱好,试着找个爱好,不管是像皮特·道森那样收集古怪玩意,还是像我这样搞摄影,找到能让你兴奋的事情,然后你就会过得很充实。
I guess that's the one thing, try and find the stuff you'd love hobby wise, try and find a hobby, whether it's collecting weird stuff like Pete Dawson or doing photography like me, try and find something that you get excited about, you know, and then you'll be alright.
我有个朋友的朋友,这几年过得挺艰难的。
I had a friend of a friend kind of had a difficult few years.
他失去了父亲之类的,然后就决定去攀登所有的高山,嗯,英国其实没什么真正的高山。
He lost his dad and stuff, and he just decided to just get like, climb every big mountain in, well, I guess in The UK, we don't have that big mountains.
但是
But
不。
No.
那也相当有挑战性啊,老兄。
That's still pretty challenging, mate.
攀登英国所有的大山,他基本上就是收集这些山峰,觉得这对某人来说是个不错的小项目。
Climb all the big mountains in, in The UK, and he just sort of basically collected them and went, that's a that's a nice little project for someone to do.
是啊。
Yeah.
但同时也很容易实现。
But quite manageable at the same time.
完全同意。
Absolutely.
我确实认为体育锻炼是最好的事情。
I do think physical exercise is, like, the best thing.
而且,我明年真的很想多做些运动,因为今年我最美好的回忆都是骑车或徒步去某个地方,出去做这些事情。
And I, know, I really wanna do a lot more next year, because I all the best memories I've had this year are cycling or hiking somewhere and going out and doing that.
对。
And yeah.
而且不看手机,离那该死的手机远远的。
And not looking at my phone, staying fucking hell away from my phone.
是啊。
Yeah.
没错。
Yeah.
就这么做。
Do that.
出门去。
Get outside.
找点乐子。
Have some fun.
我们稍后回来,各位。
We'll be back in a moment, guys.
你们的故事、评论和问题可以发到传真机那边。
Your stories, comments, and questions over in the fax machine.
哇哦。
Wow.
我们回来继续关注传真机的内容了。
And we're back with the fax machine.
这周听众们有什么反馈,唐纳森先生,给我们讲讲。
What have we got this week from our listeners, mister Donaldson, fill us in.
托德·S说,这里有英国同胞。
Tod S has said, fellow Brits here.
你好。
Hello.
我和妻子一直梦想搬到日本,因为我们对我们所见所闻的一切都充满热情。
My wife and I have always dreamed of moving to Japan as we're both very passionate about everything we see and hear about it.
不过她是个地道的城市女孩,来自布里斯托尔,而我则更偏爱乡村生活。
However, she's very much a city girl, being from Bristol, and I am much more of a countryside guy.
这就像神明一样。
It's like a God.
歌曲《滑板少年》,对吧?
Song skater boy, isn't it?
有没有哪个地区或地点能完美结合这两者?
Is there any area or location that is an equal combination of the two?
超爱这个频道。
Love the channel.
我正在一集一集地追这个播客。
I work my way through the podcast.
祝一切顺利,托德·S。
All the best, Todd s.
对于那些一集不落追播客的人,我总觉得有点愧疚。
I always feel guilty about people who go through the podcast, like, episode by episode.
我总觉得他们会听腻我们,再也不会听了。
I just think they're just gonna be tired of us, and they're never gonna listen again.
我
I
不过这是个好问题。
that's a good question, though.
我 我 是啊。
I I Yeah.
我不知道。
I don't know.
冲绳。
Okinawa.
我刚去过冲绳,那里有那霸市和各种很酷的地方。
I've just been Okinawa, and you've got, like, the city of Naha and all the cool stuff.
然后开车一个半小时,就能到安静的海滩、小海湾或雨林里瞎逛。
And then you drive, like, an hour and a half, and you've got, like, a quiet beach or a cove or a rainforest that you can dick about in.
所以这很合我意,而且ZF的战斗机也不怎么样。
So that would get my and ZF's fighters aren't so good.
到处都是蛇。
All the snakes.
霍比特蛇。
Hobbit snakes.
该死的丹麦人,老兄。
Fucking Danish, man.
但除此之外,那里很棒。
But apart from that, it's great.
去冲绳吧。
Get Okinawa.
是啊。
Yeah.
或者北海道,你知道的,两全其美。
Or Hokkaido, you know, best of both worlds.
札幌有城市生活,还有月野那里的夜生活区。
Sapporo, you've got city life and Tsukino, the nightlife district there.
但之后你可以前往比如富田农场,几小时内就能置身于连绵的田野中。
But then you can head out to, like, Fudenor, be in the rolling fields in a couple of hours.
所以,是的,在日本任何地方,你都能轻松兼顾两者,比如今天逃离城市,明天就置身乡间。
So, yeah, every place in Japan, you can it's really easy to have the best of both worlds and have, like, city escape one day, countryside the next.
在这方面没有比日本更好的地方了。
Nowhere better than Japan for that.
由于城市周围环绕着群山,总有地方可以逃离喧嚣。
Given all the mountains surrounding the cities, there's always somewhere to escape to.
对吧?
Right?
德里克。
Derek.
是的。
Yep.
他说:你好,莱杰。
Says, hello, Ledge.
我开始考虑要给朋友和家人送什么圣诞礼物了。
I'm starting to consider what Christmas presents to give my friends and family.
因为我计划在东京度过一个长周末,顺便出差,我想快速游览东京最好的商店和商场。
As I have a long weekend in Tokyo planned, bolted onto a work trip, I wanted to do a whistle stop tour of the best of Tokyo's shops and malls.
有没有什么商店里的商品是你心心念念,或者暗自希望能出现在圣诞袜里的?
Are there any items in the shops you're pining pining for or secretly hoping will appear on your Christmas stockings?
希望你们俩都在乖孩子名单上,Derek。
Hope you're both on the nice list, Derek.
Derek,购物达人。
Derek, the shopping man.
哦。
Oh.
你知道我在日本最喜欢的商店就是LOFT。
You know my favorite shop in all Japan for this is LOFT.
最好的一家在涩谷。
The best one is in Shibuya.
大概有六层楼。
It's about six stories.
他们那里有,比如说,电子游戏。
They've got, like, video games.
他们有灯具区
They've got lighting.
还有卡片区
They've got cards.
很多手工制品
Lots of crafty things.
记得上次我带YouTube团队参观时
I remember when I showed YouTube around.
去年是Johnny Harris来的
It was Johnny Harris last year.
这位大神主要做政治、地质和地缘政治内容
The awesome dude does, like, political, geological, geopolitical content.
我带他逛了一个半小时买买买
I took him around there, we we went around for, like, an hour and a half buying things.
Loft是我每次必直奔的店铺
Loft is is the one place I always make a beeline for.
友都八喜相机店大概是我第二喜欢的地方,因为那里总有些别处买不到的电子产品。
Yorubashi camera, probably my second favorite because there's always some electronics there you can't get anywhere else.
你呢,多尔森先生?
What about you, mister Dolson?
你可是个十足的购物狂,对吧?
Very much a shopaholic, aren't you?
我是东急手创的常客,这你知道的。
I'm a Tokyo Hands man, as you know.
东急手创,还有Mandarake。
Tokyo Hands, Mandarake.
东急手创是那种每个季度都会更新商品的店,既有普通百货商场的常规商品,也有特色商品。
Tokyo Hands is the place where every season, they'll have, like, a they they they'll have your usual kind of, like, department store, departo store stuff.
而且布局特别奇怪,会有半层楼的设计,比如你会在2.5层,让人忍不住想为什么非要设计这种半层结构?
And weird, like, half, levels, like, they'll you'll be, like, on you'll be on level 2.5, and you're like, why am why did they need to add halves into this?
为什么不能直接做成一个完整的大平层呢?
Why could we just have one big level that isn't kinda split?
但如果你能琢磨明白,那简直太棒了。
But it's so if you can sort of figure it out, it's it's great.
你可以在宠物楼层买到像给狗狗喝的宝矿力水特这样的东西。
But you can buy stuff like, you know, Pokari sweat for dogs on the pet level.
你可以。
You can.
每个季节他们都会上新,比如这个,我觉得其实是这台电视。
Every season, they'll have a new, like, little, a I I think this television, actually.
哎呀。
Uh-oh.
那你有没有
Well, have you
这个是从东京手创买的。
this from Tok Tok Yu Hands.
什么鬼?
What the hell?
真的吗?
Really?
等等。
Wait.
等等。
Wait.
等等。
Wait.
回来。
Come back.
拿过来。
Bring it here.
拿过来,它很重。
Bring the It's heavy.
等等。
Wait.
这电视太重了,真的。
So Heavy television, like yeah.
他们他们
They they
卖卖
sell sell
卖二手货。
sell secondhand goods.
所以有时候他们会有一小段时间专门卖些旧电子产品之类的东西,而且会精心摆放。
So sometimes they'll they'll have a little sort of period where they'll sell, like, old electronics and stuff, and it'll they'll be beautifully put together.
要么是修复过的,要么就是坏的之类的,但他们有时候确实会卖些很漂亮的东西。
They'll either be restored or, you know, not working or whatever, but they they they sell some beautiful stuff sometimes.
太酷了。
Just so cool.
是啊。
Yeah.
真的。
Really.
这是哪家店?
Which this is what store is that?
是东急汉斯的哪个分店?
Which Tokyu Hans branch?
是涩谷店吗?
Is it Shibuya?
涩谷店,一楼。
Shibuya, Ground Floor.
一楼。
Ground Floor.
当你走向那个超棒的巴洛克风格店铺时,就在那个拐角处。
As you walk up to the excellent barocaholic, it's just on the corner there.
那个入口一直都有。
That that's entrance always has.
尤其是临近圣诞节时,他们会卖些古怪的艺术品或复古玩意儿,你永远猜不到会淘到什么。
Especially coming up to Christmas, you'll have some weird arty shit or some vintage stuff they're selling, and you'd never know what you're gonna get.
但每隔一个月左右,他们就会换一批新的二手货或当地艺术家手工制作的玩意儿。
But every sea every, you know, month or something, they'll have a new different set of either secondhand or sort of crafted stuff by local artists and stuff.
而且,呃,我我我超爱在那里工作。
And, yeah, I I I love I love to work as well.
还有,在一楼你可以买到各种原材料,比如各种形状的泡沫塑料人头模型。
And also, in the Ground Floor, you can just buy a load of raw materials, like every shape of polystyrene head you can go for.
木头、金属、塑料应有尽有。
You can buy wood, metal, plastic.
如果你手巧需要做万圣节服装之类的东西,那里就是最佳选择。
If you're a bit crafty and you need, you know, I don't know, Halloween costume or something, that's the place to go.
虽然价格不菲,但东西确实很棒。
It's expensive, but you it's it's good stuff.
从来都是好货色,克里斯。
Always good stuff, Chris.
我超爱那里。
I love it.
那太酷了。
That's so cool.
我真的会去看看。
I'll I'll actually go look there.
可能等会儿结束我就直奔过去
Maybe after this, I'm gonna race my way
每个城镇都有分店。
in every town.
去逛逛看。
Have some.
他们应该会有一些
They probably will have some some
不过复古风的东西确实很特别
some But there's something really cool about retro.
我今年想做的一个视频是关于日本电子产品的,因为...是的。
I'm I'm working I've been the one video I wanna do this year was about Japanese electronics because Yeah.
我喜欢它们,你也喜欢,我们都知道这一点。
I love them, you love them, we know that.
我想做一个故事,讲述在九十年代——其实是七十、八十、九十年代,日本在消费电子领域是如何称霸世界的。
And I wanna do, like, a story on how in the nineties well, seventies, eighties, nineties, Japan ruled the world when it came to consumer electronics.
对吧?
Right?
然后它就不再如此了。
And then it didn't.
这场狂欢大约在九十年代末就停止了。
And then the party stopped sometime around the late nineties.
中国和韩国可以说抢走了不少风头。
China and Korea stole a lot of the thunder, so to speak.
但事情并不总是像你想的那样悲观。
But it's not always doom and gloom as you'd think.
许多公司最终转型进入了医疗保健等行业。
A lot of the companies ended up moving into actually things like healthcare.
所以,他们通过生产医疗保健产品比消费电子产品赚了更多的钱。
And so, like, you know, they make a lot more money from doing healthcare products instead of consumer electronics.
因此情况并没有我们想象的那么糟糕。
So it's not as bad as we'd think.
但与此同时,我确实怀念所有那些酷炫的日本公司。
But at the same time, I do miss all the cool Japanese companies.
比如,我的第一台摄像机是夏普的。至于我的第一个...不知道是谁发明了拓麻歌子,但我讨厌它们因为我他妈的拓麻歌子啊老兄。
Like, my first camcorder was a sharp, you know, of my first I don't know who made the Tamagotchi, but I hate them because I fucking Tamagotchi, man.
去死吧。
Die.
有人发明了
Somebody made
一款需要靠电子烟来维持生命的拓麻歌子。
a Tamagotchi that you had to vape to keep alive.
这还挺酷的。
That's kinda cool.
这非常酷。
That is very cool.
糟糕透了。
Terrible.
绝对糟糕透了。
Absolutely terrible.
有趣的是,在我当老师的前三年,我朋友开车带我游览小镇时,指给我看那个电子宠物工厂。
Funnily enough, the the town I ended up in, my first three years as a teacher, when I was my friend drove me around and gave me the grand tour.
他说,那就是电子宠物工厂。
He was like, that's the Tamagotchi plant.
日本所有的电子宠物都是在那里生产的。
Rule of Japan's Tamagotchis are made.
我当时就想,原来它来自这里。
I was like, that's where it came from.
我花了大概一年时间求父母给我买个电子宠物,结果它一天后就死了,再也开不了机。
The Tamagotchi I spent, like, a year begging my parents for a Tamagotchi, then it died after, like, a day, and it didn't come back on.
我当时就想,这该死的橡胶玩意儿。
I was like, oh, fucking piece of rubber.
除此之外,日本所有的电子产品都棒极了。
Other than that, all Japanese electronics tonight is were just incredible.
而且,我有点想做个历史回顾,采访一些参与过这些电子产品开发的人。
And, yeah, I kinda wanna do, like, a historic retelling of it, interview some people who were behind some of the electronics.
但我说,这又是一个漫长的激情项目,除了你、我和另外五个人,没人会看。
But I say it's, again, it's a really long passion project that nobody is gonna watch except you, me, and five other people.
而且制作成本会很高,我得和其他事情权衡一下。
And it's gonna cost lots of money to make, and I have to weigh it up against other stuff.
不过我明年可能会做这件事。
But I'll probably do it next year.
它已经在计划表上了。
It's on the agenda.
我热爱日本电子产品。
I love Japanese electronics.
实际上,日本八十年代的电子产品广告,那些商业广告真的很酷。
And actually, ads, like, Japanese nineteen eighties electronics ads, commercials are really cool.
是的。
Yes.
没错。
Yes.
对。
Yes.
而且非常抽象。
Very abstract as well.
是啊。
Yeah.
真的,真的是好东西。
Really, really good stuff.
我最喜欢的日本电子产品中,有个你在其他地方绝对见不到的小柜子,我之前提到过这个。
The my favorite bit of Japan Japanese electronics you don't see anywhere else is a little cupboard, and I've spoke about this before.
就是那种你把衣服放进去后,它会轻轻摇晃的小柜子。
A little cupboard that you put your clothes in, and it just wiggle wiggles them.
这是个衣物摇晃器。
It's a clothes wiggler.
而且我从未在其他地方见过这种东西。
And it's just I've never seen it anywhere.
你把衣服挂进去,它就会像衣架上的衬衫那样轻轻摆动。
You put it in, and it just goes it just moves your claw like a shirt on a hanger.
把衣架挂进去,它就会左右摇晃。
You put the hanger in, and it just wibbles and wobbles it left and right.
用来消除褶皱的。
Get rid of crinkles.
我猜是为了除皱,但总觉得其实有其他方法,不一定非要这种摇摇晃晃的柜子。
Guess to get rid of crinkles, but I just feel like that there are other options that you don't need a wibbly wobbly cupboard, really.
它就是看起来是的。
It just seems Yes.
熨衣服简直是在浪费大家的时间。
An iron is like a waste of everyone's time.
是啊。
Yeah.
那还挺酷的。
That's pretty cool.
不过那确实挺酷的。
That's pretty cool, though.
那确实挺酷的。
That's pretty cool.
我想要一个摇摇晃晃的衣柜。
I want a wibbly wobbly cupboard.
圣诞节就买一个那样的吧。
Get one of those for Christmas.
请继续将故事、问题和评论发送至abroad Japanpodcast@Gmail.com。
Keep the stories, questions, comments coming in to abroad Japanpodcast@Gmail.com.
但现在,朋友们,祝你们接下来几天过得愉快。
But for now, guys, have yourself a great few days.
我们会在《海外日本》播客中再次相见,继续我们的节目。
We'll see you right back here to do it over again on the abroad in Japan podcast.
暂时说再见啦。
Bye for now.
《海外日本》是Stack制作的作品,属于Acast创作者网络的一部分。
Abroad in Japan is a Stack production and part of the Acast Creator Network.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。