本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
嘿。
Hey.
所以,我知道现在可能不是提这个的最佳时机,但是,你给音响组带了那个存有《谁掌握了真相》MP3的U盘了吗?
So, I know this isn't, like, the best time to bring this up, but, did you bring the thumb drive with the Who Got the Truth m p three for the sound crew?
没有。
No.
不过我大概三周前就发邮件了,我干嘛要带U盘呢?
Why would I bring a thumb I did email that probably, like, three weeks ago, though.
这个嘛,
Well,
外面有6000人等着听呢。
there's 6,000 people out there waiting to hear it.
听着,团队真的很棒。
Look, the team is really great.
我相信他们会有办法的。
I'm sure they'll think of something.
是的。
Yes.
大家都在说话。
Everybody's talking.
却没人倾听。
Nobody's listening.
现在,我感觉迷失了,老兄。
These days, I feel lost, man.
迷失在各种观点里。
Lost in opinions.
人人都在争吵。
Everybody's fighting.
我还活着。
I'm living.
旧金山,请大家用热烈的掌声欢迎《寂静》播客的创作者本·吉尔伯特和大卫·罗森伯格登台。
San Francisco, please help me welcome to the stage the creators of the The Quiet podcast, Ben Gilbert and David Rosenberg.
天啊。
Oh my god.
我,是的。
I yeah.
让我坐下。
Sit me down.
直说吧。
Say it straight.
另一个故事即将登场。
Another story on the way.
谁掌握了真相?
Who got the truth?
是的。
Yeah.
谁掌握了真相?
Who got the truth?
是的。
Yeah.
谁掌握了真相?
Who got the truth?
旧金山。
San Francisco.
迈克·泰勒。
Mike Taylor.
呼。
Whoo.
我们不需要那个U盘。
We didn't need the thumb drive.
我们不需要那个U盘。
We didn't need the thumb drive.
欢迎收听本期《Acquired》播客,欢迎来到在Chase中心举办的《Acquired》现场活动。
Welcome to this episode of Acquired, the podcast about welcome to Acquired live at the Chase Center.
哇哦。
Whoo.
哇。
Wow.
这真是令人惊叹。
This is a wow.
这简直难以置信。
This is unbelievable.
感谢大家的到来。
Thank you all for coming.
我们今晚非常特别地邀请了一位嘉宾,也是给大家的一个惊喜——摩根大通的首席执行官杰米·戴蒙。
We have a very, very special guest and surprise to welcome us all here tonight, the CEO of JPMorgan Chase, Jamie Dimon.
你好,
Hello,
Acquired的听众们。
Acquired listeners.
欢迎来到CHASE中心,欢迎来到Acquired现场活动。
Welcome to the Chase Center and to Acquired Live.
我是Jamie Dimon,摩根大通的董事长兼首席执行官。
I'm Jamie Dimon, chairman and CEO of JPMorgan Chase.
我很高兴今晚为这场活动拉开序幕,并欢迎各位来到我最喜爱的场馆之一。
I'm happy to kick off the show tonight and welcome all of you to one of my favorite arenas.
今年,摩根大通支付部门与Acquired一直保持着出色的合作,共同讲述和分享世界上一些最杰出公司的故事与洞察。
It's been a great partnership all year between JPMorgan payments and Acquired, storytelling and educating about some of the greatest companies in the world.
对于其中许多公司,就像现场的各位一样,我们非常高兴能将你们视为公司的朋友和合作伙伴。
For many of them, just like many of you in the crowd, we're thrilled to call you friends and partners at the firm.
很抱歉今晚我无法亲自到场,但希望各位都能享受这场活动。
Sorry I couldn't be there in person tonight, but I hope everyone enjoys the show.
Ben和David,交给你们了。
Ben and David, over to you.
谢谢,Jamie。
Thanks, Jamie.
特别感谢摩根大通和整个支付团队,尤其是摩根大通支付业务的首席营销官达斯汀·塞奇威克。
Well, a special shout out and a huge thank you to JPMorgan and the whole payments team, especially Dustin Sedgwick, the CMO of JPMorgan payments.
他是一位长期听众,一直是整个项目背后的主要推动力,还有他真正世界级的营销团队:汉娜、尼克、文尼、艾米和卡莉。
Longtime listener who's been, like, really the driving force behind this whole thing, and his truly world class marketing team, Hannah, Nick, Vinny, Amy, and Carly.
本和我第一次真正体会到,一个真正成型的团队是什么样子,而不仅仅是两个在地下室里打拼的人。
David and I, for the first time, really now understand what it is like to have a glimpse of what a sort of real built out team would look like and not just two guys in their basement.
感谢你们带来如此出色的合作伙伴关系。
So thank you for an amazing partnership.
今晚这件事不是我和本自己搞出来的。
Ben and I did not put this on ourselves tonight.
那我们今晚要做什么呢?
So what are we doing tonight?
正如大家所知,马克·扎克伯格今天在现场。
Well, as you all know, Mark Zuckerberg is in the house.
哦。
Oh.
所以今晚,我们实际上会有三个环节,而不是一个。
So tonight, we'll actually have three acts, not one.
马克将在中场休息后作为第三个环节登场。
Mark will be our third act after intermission.
但我们觉得,前两个环节已经有很多精彩内容了,中间还穿插了一些有趣的惊喜。
But we thought we got a lot of great segments, you know, in our first two acts here, some more fun surprises sprinkled in in the middle.
所以,大卫,这个环节的安排是怎样的?
So David, what is the format?
这是个事先录制好的节目吗?
Like, is this an acquired episode?
事实上,令人惊讶的是,我们一直告诉你们,每次制作一期节目时,我们都会坐在自己家里、自己的录音棚里,一录就是九个小时。
Well, amazingly, shockingly, we we tell you all all the time that we make when we make an episode, we sit in our houses, in our studios, we record all day for nine hours.
我们会把这九个小时的内容剪辑成你们听到的三到四个小时,甚至五个小时。
We turn that nine hours into three or four or five hours that you all hear.
我们本来觉得,这种做法在这里可能行不通,但你们一直问我们。
And we thought, yeah, that's probably not gonna play here, but you keep asking us.
你们一直给我们发邮件。
You keep emailing us.
所以今晚,我们想彻底解决这个请求和这个问题。
So we wanna put this request, this question to bed once and for all here tonight.
这就是你们在完整九小时的录制过程中错过的部分。
Here is what you are missing in the full nine hours of an acquired recording session.
我在努力改善我们录制时的通风状况,因为我觉得在每期节目快结束时,我会变笨,或者至少会感到精疲力尽。
I've been trying to do a better job getting airflow in here while we're recording because I think I get dumber at the end of episodes, or at least I get, like I just get exhausted.
我认为部分原因在于
I think part of
是缺氧。
it's the lack of oxygen.
这里真的很热,
It's really hot in here,
而我们已经录了五个半小时了。
and we've been going for five and a half hours.
所以让我先把这件事说完,然后我们去上个厕所。
So Let let me finish this thing, and then we'll take a bathroom break.
我也有过类似的念头。
I had a similar thought.
再倒点香槟吧。
Pour some more champagne.
不好意思啊。
Sorry about that.
嘿,蓝天使。
Hey, Blue Angels.
太好了。
Great.
我们真正开始前,居然聊了九分四十秒的废话。
Only nine minutes and forty seconds of bullshitting before we actually started.
对我们来说,这已经很不错了。
It's pretty good for us.
这是个新纪录。
It's a new record.
这会不会太琐碎了?
Is this too in the weeds?
让我试着把它弄得更随意一点。
Let me take a stab at making it more loosey goosey.
我觉得我可以简化这一切。
I think I can simplify all this.
我们得让故事推进得更快。
We gotta advance the story more.
节奏太慢了。
The pacing's too slow.
哦,这完全说不通。
Oh, this doesn't make any sense.
好的。
Okay.
很好。
Great.
那我们可以把所有这些都剪掉。
We can cut all that then.
剪掉这部分。
Cut that.
直接剪掉。
Just cut it.
我们把所有这些都剪掉吧。
Let's cut all that.
剪掉这部分。
Cut that.
跳过它。
Skip it.
跳过它。
Skip it.
是的。
Yeah.
我们跳过它,继续前进吧。
Let's skip it and keep moving.
好的。
Okay.
我觉得我们当中有一个人的时间线搞错了。
I think one of us has our timelines wrong.
我们一直断断续续的。
We've been so stop and start.
你觉得我们是不是应该直接从头开始?
Do you think we should just restart the whole thing?
我们已经在这集里花了三十五到四十分钟,却什么都没发生。
We're thirty five to forty minutes into this episode and nothing has happened.
我觉得我反而会感觉更好,也更投入。
I think I would actually feel better and more in the flow.
因为现在我就在想,我们到底讲了什么?
Because right now, I'm like, what did we cover?
我们没讲什么?
What did we not?
我觉得你说的是要替换掉我们之前做的一切。
I think what you're saying is replace all of what we did before.
我打算至少重新录制第一部分,也许整个部分都重录。
I'm gonna go rerecord at least the first part, maybe that whole thing.
不过我不太记得我们是怎么开始的了。
I don't recall exactly how we started, though.
我不记得你最后说的是什么了。
I don't remember the last thing you said.
我也不记得了。
I don't either.
我觉得我一直在打断你。
I think I've been, like, interrupting.
不。
No.
我觉得这很棒。
I think it's great.
我不。
I no.
请继续说不。
Please keep doing no.
不。
No.
我一点也不觉得烦。
I don't I don't I I don't find it annoying at all.
不。
No.
目标是做出最好的内容。
The goal is, like, make the best stuff.
我其实挺喜欢这种让人费解的感觉的。
I actually quite like how this is puzzling in.
等一下。
Hang on one second.
你别再做那个表情了。
You gotta stop making that face.
哦,Beef,那是做表情吗?
Oh, Beef, was that making a face?
而且别带那个,完全对。
And take it without the, Totally.
完全对。
Totally.
完全对。
Totally.
完全对。
Totally.
完全同意。
Totally.
完全同意。
Totally.
去吧。
Go for it.
老兄,要把这么多信息都记在脑子里太难了。
Dude, it is so hard to keep all this information in our heads.
就像我觉得自己内存溢出了。
Like, I feel like I'm, like, out of RAM.
怎么回事?
What's going on?
我刚听到你那边有滴的一声。
I just heard a beep on your end.
好的。
Okay.
嗯,那不是他们最棒的一集。
Well, that wasn't one of their best episodes.
原来制作香肠就是这样的?
That is how the sausage is made?
我觉得这样结束其实挺好的。
I think that actually is a good way to end it.
所以
So
你做完了吗,还是DMR?
Are are you done or DMR?
我做完了。
I'm done.
谢谢
Thank
感谢大家的包容。
you all for indulging us.
我不确定这个在大型场馆里会不会奏效。
I was not sure if that would play in an arena.
这就是史蒂文每个月都要面对的情况。
This is what Steven has to deal with every month.
是的。
Yes.
显然,我们不仅没有这么做,而且根本做不到。
Obviously, not only are we not doing that, we literally can't.
我的意思是,根本就有消防法规的问题。
We we I mean, there's just fire marshal issues.
所以,大卫,我们打算做什么?
So, David, what are we doing?
今晚,我们原本打算采用那个已有的方案,但决定把它扔到窗外,改办一场派对。
Well, tonight, we thought we are going to take the acquired playbook, and we're gonna throw it out the window, and we are gonna throw a party instead.
这是对旧金山湾区科技的一次庆祝。
It is a celebration of technology of the San Francisco Bay Area of whoo.
旧金山。
San Francisco.
是的。
Yeah.
我们这个时代一些最重要的企业,更重要的是,这是对你们大家的庆祝。
Some of the most important businesses of our time, and most importantly, it's a celebration of of you all.
我们在节目中常说‘你们大家’。
We say you all on the show.
通常,你们并不在这里。
Usually, you're not here.
但你们今天在这里。
You're here.
所以今晚,你知道,我们通常研究过去,往往是遥远的过去。
So tonight, you know, normally, we study the the past, often the far past.
今晚,我们将稍微关注一下当下。
Tonight, we're gonna kinda look at the present.
这有点不太常规,但你知道,每两年半左右我们做一次现场节目,我们就想放纵一下。
It's a little unacquired, but, like, you know, once every two and a half years or however often we do a live show, we want to indulge.
所以,是的,今晚我们要好好放纵一下。
So, yeah, we're gonna indulge tonight.
确实如此。
Indeed we are.
所以,首先,我们想在节目的开头,第一部分花几分钟时间,向大家更新一下 Acquired 的现状。
So to start, we wanted to spend a couple minutes at the top of the show here in our first act, just giving you all an update on the state of Acquired.
对我们来说,这一年真是不平凡。
It has been quite a year for us.
你和我在这一年里经历了太多事情。
You and I have lived a lot of life in one year.
我们都当父母了。
We both had kids.
《华尔街日报》报道了我们。
The Wall Street Journal wrote about us.
是的
Yeah.
而且我们经历了相当惊人的增长。
And we've experienced some some pretty amazing growth.
是的
Yeah.
所以我们就在想,你知道,大卫跟我提了这个想法。
And so we were thinking, like, you know, David kinda pitched this to me.
我当时在想,我们要不要站起来做个关于Acquired现状的主旨演讲?
I'm like, are we to stand up and give a keynote on, like, the state of the union of acquired?
那感觉不太对劲。
That's not that doesn't feel right.
但如果我们能找到合适的人进行一场对话,那会很棒。
But a conversation would be great if we were, you know, the right person to have a conversation with.
我们就在想,谁是Acquired的忠实听众?
And we were like, who is a big acquired listener?
它很好地体现了我们的核心理念。
It kinda gets what we're all about.
观众中的每个人都会想,哦,对啊。
Everyone in the audience can be like, oh, yeah.
那个人就是我们中的一员。
That person's one of us.
而且他是播客领域的世界顶级专家。
And is, like, you know, the world expert on podcasting.
幸运的是,今晚为了我们和所有在场的观众,我们非常荣幸地邀请到从斯德哥尔摩远道而来的Spotify首席执行官兼创始人丹尼尔·埃克。
Fortunately, for us and all of you tonight, we are here to welcome all the way from Stockholm, the CEO and founder of Spotify, Daniel Ek.
哦。
Oh.
哇。
Wow.
非常感谢。
Thank you so much.
哇。
Wow.
丹尼尔。
Daniel.
哇。
Wow.
这简直太疯狂了,各位。
This is pretty insane, guys.
我认为这可能是世界上规模最大的播客录音了。
I think this probably ought to be, like, the biggest recording of a podcast in the world.
这是一
It's a
有点像我们所在的这个回声很大的录音室。
little kinda like we get it's kind an echoey studio.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
我觉得,你们每次都应该用这个当录音室。
We we you guys should use this as the studio every time, I think.
嗯,你们催我们做更多视频都好几年了。
Well, you've been after us to do more video for years.
那倒是真的。
That is true.
给你。
Here you are.
肯定会做成视频的。
Gonna be a video for sure.
好的。
Alright.
哎呀,真不错。
Well well, love that.
太棒了。
Love that.
你知道吗,能在这里看到这一切,看到你们大家的成功,对我来说真的非常震撼。
And, you know, it it's it's really amazing for me to be here and just see, you know, this and all of you guys' success.
我记得从2019年开始作为粉丝听你们的节目,看到我们从一个小基础发展到今天这样的规模,五年时间,真的令人惊叹。
I remember listening to you guys as a fan, I think starting 2019 and see that we're now five years later from a small base going to something like this, it's pretty remarkable to see.
我不知道你们怎么想,但我认为,为了纪念这一刻,可能会很有趣。
And I don't know about you guys, but I thought maybe to commemorate this moment, it'd be pretty fun.
我知道你们不希望自夸,所以我打算替你们来夸一夸。
I know you don't want to tout your success, so I thought maybe I could do that for you.
那我们不妨来看看你们取得的一些惊人的数据和成就。
So maybe we can have a look at some of the amazing stats and achievements you guys have accomplished.
谢谢。
Well, thanks.
是的。
Yeah.
我知道你调取了一些数据。
I know you pulled some data.
我们调取了一些数据。
We pulled some data.
这是上方更新后的经典用户增长图表,我们一直展示这个图表,它基本展示了自2015年我们起步以来,每年持续自然翻倍的增长情况,直到今天。
This is the updated version up here of the kind of classic acquired chart that we've been showing which basically shows from when we started in 2015 the kind of like organic doubling year over year over year all the way through today.
由于我们从不为节目做市场推广,也不进行任何付费营销,节目的增长完全依靠口碑:我们制作一集节目,听众会告诉朋友,而平均每位听众每年都会推荐给另一位听众,说‘你应该听听’,而这个人也会留下来。
And basically since we don't market the show or we don't do any paid marketing, the only way the show grows is we make an episode, a friend tells, you know, someone tells their friend about it, and on average, every listener tells one other one other listener every year, hey, you should listen and that person sticks.
这其实就是整个关键所在。
And that's kind of the whole thing.
是的。
Yeah.
这确实非常了不起。
I mean, it's it's pretty remarkable.
仅在Spotify上,你们的节目播放时长就已超过500万小时,而且去年增长了三倍。
And on Spotify alone, you guys have now done over 5,000,000 hours, and it tripled in the last year.
非常了不起。
Pretty remarkable.
对吧?
Right?
是的。
Yeah.
大家鼓掌。
Big round of applause.
所以
So
所以我们做了计算,或者像往常一样,本做了计算。
so the so so so we did the math or Ben did the math as he usually does.
我认为过去一年制作的《Acquired》节目总时长超过了四百年。
I believe that is over four hundred years of Acquired.
我们觉得,过去一年制作的节目时长达到了四百年,但这些内容都是在去年被听众收听的。
That was we feel like it was four hundred years making the episodes in the last year, but that was listened to in the past year.
是的。
Yeah.
你们做过的最长的任天堂专题是哪一个?
What what is the is the Nintendo one the longest one you guys have done?
我觉得是微软第二季。
I think Microsoft volume two
是我们最长的。
was our longest.
最长的单集。
Longest single episode.
对。
Right.
谢谢你促成这件事。
You for pulling this.
这件事之所以能成,是因为我们问了丹尼尔:嘿,你拥有所有播客制作者都梦寐以求的数据访问权限。
So the reason the way this came to be is we asked Daniel, hey, you know, you have access to data that all podcasters sort of dream of.
你能从中学到哪些最有趣的见解?
What is the most interesting insights you can kind of pull out of it?
让我觉得最疯狂的是,尽管Acquired的每集下载量并不像明星节目那样是全球最顶尖的。
And the thing that's the craziest to me about this chart is that even though Acquired's here's how many downloads an episode gets isn't like celebrity status, like it's not the craziest biggest in the world.
由于我们节目数量庞大,我们大家花了很多时间在一起。
Because of the volume of our episodes, we all spend a lot of time together.
感谢你们一直以来倾听了这些时刻,因为对我来说,这张图表代表的就是我们共同度过的所有时光。
Like, thank you for lending us your ears for all of those moments because that that's that's what that chart is to me is all the time we spend together.
是的。
Yeah.
但对我来说,真正酷的是看到这个节目的粉丝群体。
But what what's really cool for me too is just seeing the fandom of the show.
一方面,当然能看到总的数据,但同时也看到了粉丝们的热情,你们去年新增了超过25万粉丝,数量翻了三倍。
So one thing is, you know, obviously seeing the sort of total numbers, but also seeing the fandoms and you guys added more than 250,000 followers and that tripled last year too.
所以仅在Spotify上,The Acquired Show的粉丝数就已超过25万,看到这样的增长真的非常了不起。
So it's over 250,000 followers on Spotify alone now on The Acquired Show, which again is pretty remarkable to see that kind of growth.
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
我是个改过自新的风险投资人,看到图表就忍不住指指点点。
There there's there's two I'm like a reformed venture capitalist, I can't help but like point out things on charts.
这张图表上有两点很有趣。
There's two things that are interesting about that chart.
首先,我们在Spotify上的订阅者数量增长得非常惊人。
One is we've had like ridiculous subscriber growth on Spotify.
我的意思是,你们进入这个领域,为 podcast 带来了大量以前从不听播客的新听众。
I mean it's just been you guys entering the industry has created a ton of net new audience of people who did not listen to podcasters before.
第二点是,如果你再把图表往上拉一点,就能看到五月《华尔街日报》那篇报道带来的惊人影响。
The second thing is if if you pull the chart back up again, you can see the Wall Street Journal article in May in that insane
是的。
Yeah.
你知道,这是指数级增长。
You know, exponential growth.
我知道我们一直在谈论这个,但在Acquired这十年里,从来没有过单一事件能在图表上造成如此明显的拐点,而你们现在亲眼看到了。
I know we keep talking about it, but this literally has never happened in the decade of Acquired where a single event caused a kink in the chart, and that we see you guys see it.
这太疯狂了。
It's crazy.
但这是以一种全新方式产生的口碑效应。
Well, it's word-of-mouth in a new way.
但当我查看数据时,另一个让我感到非常惊喜的点是,我原本以为这可能只是英语国家的现象,比如美国或英国之类的,但你们真的实现了全球增长。
But the other part that was really cool to me as I was looking through the data, I kind of expected this to be sort of an English language thing only, maybe The US, maybe UK, that kind of thing, but you guys have truly grown worldwide.
所以你看这些数据,比如墨西哥增长了五倍,还有香港、以色列、新加坡,Acquired已经真正全球化了。
So, you know, look at some of this stuff, like you have Mexico growing five times, Hong Kong, Israel, Singapore, Acquired is global.
因此,在旧金山看到有六千人聚集在这里确实令人惊叹,但我相信你们应该把这场活动带到其他地方去,看看能否在其他地方也取得成功。
So it's amazing to see here in San Francisco that we got 6,000 people in one place, but I'm pretty sure you guys should take this on the road and we'll see if we can make it in other places too.
对。
Right.
当你看到今晚整个节目的全过程时,我想你会说,是的。
When when you see the whole arc of the show tonight, I think you'll say, oh, yeah.
你没法带着这个到处巡演。
You can't take that on the road.
是的。
Yeah.
有可能。
Could be.
可以。
Be.
有可能。
Could be.
嗯,这可能是个时机问题。
Well, you know, it's maybe a timing question.
你们应该像新的摇滚明星一样去巡回演出。
You guys should be like the new rock stars that tour around.
因为那将会是一件很棒的事情。
Because that would be the the great thing to do.
而且,你知道,我我我真的想在这里花点时间,问问你们这一切是怎么发生的。
And, you know, it it it's I I wanna really kinda maybe take the moment here and ask you guys how all of this happened.
为了提供背景,只是为了让这个情况更清晰,在2019年,你知道,当我们进入播客领域时,Spotify上收听播客的世界里,只有几百万人听这个。
And by way of context, just to put put put this in perspective, in 2019, you know, when we got into podcasts, the world around podcast listening in Spotify, there was a few million people listening to this.
你提到过这个,但是,就像,我们的目标在某种程度上是拓宽整个这个媒介。
And you mentioned this, but, like, our goal was to sort of broaden this whole medium.
如今,Spotify上收听播客的人数已超过1.5亿。
And today, there's over a 150,000,000 people listening to podcasts on Spotify.
显然,你们的节目取得了巨大成功,并且某种程度上吸引了人们接触这种媒介,因为它如今既相当广泛,又非常、非常深入。
And obviously, your show is a huge success and something that people kind of attracts people to the medium because it's both pretty broad these days, but also very, very deep.
那么,你认为是什么促成了这种成功呢?
Like, what do you think contributed to that success?
嗯,你们进入这个行业肯定是一个原因。
Well, you guys entering the industry for sure.
但我认为你提到了关键点,比如,当本和我刚开始做这个时,我们曾讨论过我们的目标市场规模(TAM)。
But I think you hit on it with, like, broad bit like, when Ben and I started this, we thought you know, we used to talk about what our TAM was.
我们是风险投资人。
We were venture capitalists.
那收购这个领域的目标市场规模是多少?
Like, what's the TAM for acquired?
我们甚至没把它当成一个生意或产品来考虑,但当时我们想,天啊,我不知道。
Not that we even thought about it as a business or a product, but and we're like, I don't know.
那么,全球商学院的学生人数有多少呢?
Maybe there's what what's the population of students in business schools out there?
也许那就是我们的目标市场规模。
Maybe that's our TAM.
然后我们想,嗯,不确定。
And then we were like, well, don't know.
也许这个数字还要更大一点。
Maybe it's a little bigger than that.
比如,也许其实是所有曾经想上商学院或对这个感兴趣的人。
Like, maybe maybe it's, you know, everybody who ever wanted to go to business school or was interested in like, okay.
那这个上限是多少呢?
Like, what what's that cap out?
大概一百万人左右?
That, like, a million people maybe?
一百万,这个数字感觉就是我们的目标市场。
A million a million felt like our TAM.
而我们经历的事情是,我很想知道,我觉得你们可能也见过类似的情况:尽管我们认为自己是极客,讲的都是很专业的故事,但这些故事其实都很精彩。
And what's happened to us, and I'm I'm curious, I think you guys have have probably seen the same thing, is that even though we think we're super nerds and we tell these very esoteric stories, they're just great stories.
对。
Right.
各种类型的人都愿意听这些故事。
And people of all types wanna listen to them.
对。
Right.
还有这种媒介的增长。
And the growth of the medium.
就像,我们恰好赶上了这股不可思议的顺风,2015年选对了方向。
Like, just have this ridiculous tailwind where we we we got lucky and picked right in 2015.
我们坚持了下来。
We stayed with it.
我们不断提升这项技艺。
We got better at the craft.
但事实证明,人们对此非常感兴趣,这要归功于现在无处不在的无线耳机。
But, like, it turns out people are super interested, thanks to all the wireless headphones that exist now.
我不确定。
And I don't know.
这成了一种奇怪的文化常态:花上好几个小时,让某个人在你耳边讲述他们感兴趣的话题,居然变得完全可以接受。
It's just this weird cultural norm that's kind of come into fruition that it's okay to spend hours and hours and hours with someone in your ears talking about something that is interesting to them.
我真的不觉得在2010年代初期,这种事还存在。
And I just don't actually think that was a thing in the early twenty tens.
对。
Right.
你显然已经为这个形式增加了视频内容。
So and and one of the things you obviously have done is, you know, added video to the format.
这也是我想顺便提一下的,希望你们能最终在Spotify上也加入视频功能。
And this is my plug of hopefully getting you guys to finally add video to Spotify as well.
但就这个节目而言,你认为接下来会是什么?
But what do you think is next for the show when it comes to that?
你觉得Acquired未来最大的创新会是什么?
Like, what what do you see the big innovation of Acquired will be in the future?
我认为,只要我们继续努力,把产品做得更好,每月发布一集,我们的潜在市场规模至少是现在的十倍。
So I think our total addressable market is at least 10 times bigger than it currently is today with our exact same product if we just keep doing the work and making the product better and shipping one episode a month.
问题是,我们还能做多少事,而不会杀死这只会下金蛋的鹅?
And the question is like, how much more can we do without killing the golden goose?
你该如何保持核心不变?
Like how do you keep the main thing?
实际上,我把这个问题抛回给你?
Actually, I turn this back on you?
自从最初的愿景以来,你已经极大地扩展了Spotify的业务范围。
Like you have massively expanded what Spotify does since the original vision.
我的意思是,
How should I mean,
最初的愿景是把音乐放到Facebook上。
the original vision was you were music on Facebook.
是的。
Yeah.
创始人应该如何思考这个问题:你之所以能够存在,仅仅是因为你在这一核心事务上做得非常出色,但你是否应该去做其他事情呢?
How should founders think about like the only reason that you are allowed to exist is because you're really good at this one core thing, but everyone you should do other things?
我的意思是,我认为这要从你的受众开始。
Well, I mean, I I think it starts with your audience.
对吧?
Right?
了解你的受众。
And knowing your audience.
比如,我们大约一年前推出了有声读物,但关于这次有声读物发布的幕后故事是,德国的所有唱片公司开始将有声读物上传到我们的平台。
So, like, for instance, we we launched audiobooks about a year ago, but the sort of untold story about that audiobooks launch is what happened in Germany is all the record companies started uploading audiobooks to the service.
于是他们开始利用系统来上传各种其他内容,当这些用完了之后,他们甚至开始上传播客。
So they started hacking the system for all these other things, and when they ran out of that, they actually started uploading podcasts.
所以播客实际上是我们起步时更容易的媒介,但最终我们也加入了有声读物。
So podcasts turned out to be the easier medium for us to start with, but eventually we added sort of audiobooks too.
所以我认为,最了不起的事情往往都始于人们提出建议,甚至自己动手去做。
So I think, you you know, most amazing things tend to start with people kind of suggesting things or maybe even doing things.
因此,弄清楚人们已经在Acquired平台内外做了些什么会很有趣,这些很可能就是你的周边机会。
So it'd be interesting to to kind of, like, figure out what people are doing in and around Acquired already, and that will probably be your sort of adjacency.
我认为另一个方面,我和本经常谈论视频。
I think the other, you know, video Ben and I talk a lot.
我们今晚会继续更多地讨论视频。
We'll talk more about video throughout the evening here.
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
你知道,我们一直以来的信念是,没人愿意坐在那里看我们在演播室里像两个话匣子一样喋喋不休。
You know, we've just always sort of been of the belief of, like, nobody wants to sit and watch us in our studios as talking heads going yak yak yak.
但我们开始思考这样一个问题:对于我们报道的某些公司,是否存在一种丰富的视觉叙事,能够达到我们试图创造的音频叙事那样的水准?
And but we've started to ask the question of, like, is there for certain companies we cover, is there a rich visual tapestry that we could do at the same level that we try and create an audio tapestry?
我们花了四个小时讲述爱马仕跨越数百年的整个历史,却只有音频,这简直是种罪过。
It's an absolute crime that we did four hours on the entire multi hundred year history of Hermes, and it was just audio.
嗯。
Mhmm.
不过,那确实是一场非常精彩的演出。
Like But but it was an amazing show, though.
对吧?
Right?
谢谢。
Thank you.
但音频就是这样一种神奇的东西,我们最终会做更多视频内容,但我会一路拖拖拉拉、不情不愿地去做,因为我深信不疑,在座各位都是非常优秀的人,你们的生活中充满了各种繁忙的事务,而你们之所以愿意花这么多时间与我们相处,正是因为我们没有占用你们全部的、毫无分心的注意力。
But audio is this, like, magic thing where I'm gonna drag my we're gonna end up doing more video, but I'm gonna drag my feet kicking and screaming all the way there because I feel very passionately that the reason that the caliber of person in this room with all the busy things that you have in your life, the reason that you're open to spending all this time with us is because we don't take your full undivided attention.
你可以跑步、割草、开车,或者做任何人在听《Acquired》时会做的事,我仍然不相信我们能做成一个四小时的视频节目。
You can run, you can mow the lawn, you can drive, you can, you know, everything that everyone does while they listen to Acquired, I like, I remain unconvinced that we would work as a four hour video product.
是的。
Yeah.
我的意思是,你看。
I mean, look.
说实话,我不确定。
I I don't know, to be honest.
我认为最让我惊讶的是,这个世界一直在不断变化。
I think this is probably the biggest thing that surprised me is that the the world just keeps evolving constantly.
你提到了视频,还有在Spotify上,这已经成为一个巨大的增长点。
So you talked about video and and, you know, on Spotify, it's been a huge growth thing.
我本来也会跟你说,人们为什么想看任何视频呢?
I would have said to you as well, people probably mostly, why would you wanna watch any video?
但我认为,尤其是年轻消费者,他们根本分不清区别。
But I think younger consumers especially, they don't know what the difference is.
他们只是想更贴近那个人的感觉。
They just wanna feel closer presence to the person.
而且,我们已经从花絮中看到了这一点。
And I mean, we saw it already with the bloopers.
对吧?
Right?
这很有趣。
It's like, this is fun.
你们在做的事情,人们也和你们建立了关系。
You what you guys are doing and people have a relationship to you guys too.
这就是为什么今晚有这么多人来这里。
Hence why so many people are showing up here tonight.
我认为视频只是一种表达方式,无论他们是否完整观看四个小时,还是在特定片段中来回切换。
And I think video is just a way to express that whether or not they're watching the full four hours or whether they're diving in and out over a particular type of segment.
我认为,给消费者选择权本身就是一件重要的事。
I think just giving the consumer the choice is sort of one of the big things.
而这也正是我们正在努力的方向,即让创作者和消费者以更新颖的方式直接互动。
And that's kind of what we're leaning into as well is just allowing the creator and the consumer to more directly interact in more in novel ways.
这挺有趣的。
It's funny.
你知道,你之前问的是Acquired接下来会做什么。
There's you you know, your question was what's next for Acquired.
在今晚之后,我们会做一个正常的节目。
We we're gonna do a normal episode after this, after tonight.
这个正常节目可能会聚焦一家位于门洛帕克的科技公司。
That normal episode probably will focus on a Menlo Park based technology company.
而我们已经开始学到的一个教训是
And one of the lessons that we're already starting to
学习剧透。
learn Spoilers.
你
What do you
我们不能
we can't
现在不能收回了。
take that back now.
这是直播。
This is live.
这是直播。
This is live.
不要过于固守当前的状态和你对未来的设想。
It's just not not holding the current state of things and vision of what you are too tightly.
而且,你知道,我们想聊聊你这些年从马克身上学到的东西。
And, you know, we wanna talk about you've learned a lot from Mark over the years.
你们一直非常亲密。
You you all have been very close.
Spotify 是在 Facebook 上起步的。
Spotify started on Facebook.
而你现在是全球最大的播客平台,所以你并没有过于固守那个愿景。
And here you are, you're the biggest podcasting platform in the world, so you didn't hold on to that vision too tightly.
对。
Right.
是的。
Yeah.
那我可以把这个变成一个问题吗?
So can I turn that into a question?
请说。
Please.
我本来打算在我们提问之前给你留一些空间。
I was actually gonna I wanted to leave you some space before we ask
这个问题。
the question.
这才是卓越合作关系的真谛。
That's what a great partnership is all about.
是的。
Yeah.
你还记得吗,大卫和我有一种增长方式,就是制作一集好内容,然后希望听众告诉他们的朋友。
Do you remember so David and I have one way of growing, which is make a good episode and hope people tell their friends.
你还记得Spotify早期的时候,你们发现Facebook会成为我们一个不可思议的渠道吗?
Do you remember in the early days of Spotify when you figured out, oh, Facebook is going to be this unbelievable channel for us?
是的。
Yeah.
我的意思是,这就像许多其他事情一样,一开始是这样的。
I mean, it's it's I I think it starts like so many other things.
我认为我和马克之间建立了某种友谊,我们开始聊起一些事情。有个小故事我记得是,如果我没记错的话,马克在Facebook之前就已经在尝试做音乐创业了。
I think Mark and I, we just struck this sort of friendship, and we started talking about you know, the the the little told story is, if I remember this correctly, I think Mark even pre Facebook was trying to do a music startup.
哦,是的。
Oh, yeah.
然后他就说,对。
And and then he was like, yeah.
这感觉是个难题。
This feels like a difficult thing.
铁钩。
Wire hook.
铁钩。
Wire hook.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
没错。
Exactly.
所以我认为,硅谷几乎每一位杰出的创业者都曾试图做音乐创业项目。
And and so I think he's like I think pretty much every great entrepreneur in the valley tried to do a music startup.
所以他对此确实充满热情。
And so he was definitely passionate about it.
然后他的想法显然是一个社交音乐产品。
And then his idea obviously was a social music product.
他和我开始讨论这个想法。
And he and I, we started talking about it.
一开始他说,他主要希望Spotify能变得更社交化。
Said in the beginning, he started like he wanted mostly Spotify to be more social.
我有点说,我不确定是否真的如此
I kinda said, well, I don't know that
你知道你是怎么认识他的吗?
that's Do you remember how you got introduced?
因为当时的Spotify和今天的样子不一样。
Because Spotify was not like Spotify the way it what it is today.
是的。
Yeah.
世界的支柱。
A pillar of the world.
是的。
Yeah.
嗯,我是通过肖恩·帕克认识马克的。
Well, I I got introduced to Mark through Sean Parker.
于是肖恩就跟扎克伯格说,嘿。
And so Sean kind of said to to Zuck, like, hey.
你得认识一下这位来自瑞典的创业者。
You gotta meet this entrepreneur from Sweden.
我记得当时扎克伯格住在一个很小的房子里,我们去他家参加了烧烤。
And I remember, like, Zuck at the time was living in a very small house, and we went for a barbecue at his house.
这大概是2008年或者2009年的事吧,类似那个时候。
This is probably, I don't know, 2,008 or '9, like, one of those things.
后来我们逐渐成了朋友,开始一起探讨如何让音乐变得更社交化。
And then we kind of struck a friendship, and we started jamming on various ideas around how to make music more social.
我想你那时候还没搬到美国吧?
And you weren't even live in The US yet, I don't think.
或者你当时只是我们
Or you were just We
肯定还没住在美国。
definitely weren't live.
所以Spotify的秘密之一是我们逐个账号地投放,让一群有影响力的人喜欢上它。
So this sort of secret of Spotify was we sort of seeded one account at a time to get a bunch of influencers to kind of like it.
我认为肖恩尤其把它当作一种社交货币。
And I think Sean in particular, he kinda used it as a social currency.
所以每个人都来找他,试图获得
So everyone came to him to kind of try to get
是的。
Oh, yeah.
所有邀请码。
All the invites.
天啊。
Oh, man.
Spotify邀请码的货币价值。
The currency of the the Spotify invites.
是的。
Yeah.
在我们正式发布前的几年里,这是一件非常重要的事,它是一种秘密:你是否在那个圈子里,或者不在。
It was a big, big thing for for quite a few years before we launched where it was kind of the secret thing if you were in the club or if you weren't.
总之,他让马克加入了,我觉得马克发了一条状态更新,说Spotify太棒了,然后大家都问:你怎么弄到的?
And, anyway, he got Mark on it and I think Mark kind of wrote this status update like Spotify is so good and then everyone's like, how did you get this?
这当时是主要的事情。
This was kind of the main thing.
我什么时候能拿到?
When can I get it?
我该怎么才能得到?
How can I do it?
然后我们开始探讨,一个社交音乐产品应该是什么样子,我们有了这样一个想法:就像当时ICQ那样,用户有状态更新,如果能查看朋友正在听什么,会不会很酷?
And yeah, then we started jamming around like what a social music product ought to be and we had this sort of idea, wouldn't it be cool sort of like with, you know, ICQ at the time where you had these status updates, like wouldn't it be cool to be able to check out what your friends were listening to?
然后我们就一起合作,开发了那个产品,并让它与Spotify在美国的发布同步进行。
And we kind of got to work together, built that product, and coincided it with the Spotify US launch.
那时候信息流功能还非常新,对吧?
And this was when newsfeed was really young, right?
所以就像这样,你在浏览信息流时,它会直接推送来自Spotify的好友正在收听的状态更新。
So there was like, you'd be scrolling through your newsfeed and it would be giving you these status updates of what your friends were listening to piped in directly from Spotify.
完全正确。
Exactly right.
这样你就能看到你所有的朋友。
So you could see all your friends.
这个功能其实在Spotify的桌面端产品里依然存在。
It actually still exists in Spotify product on desktop.
所以你可以实时看到你的朋友们正在听什么。
So you can kind of see what your friends are listening to real time.
这是我们比较受欢迎的一个遗留功能,到现在已经存在了大概十三年了。
It's one of our more popular legacy features that's been around now for, like, thirteen years
左右。
or so.
右侧边栏,但我感觉有一阵子没见到了。
The right sidebar, but I feel like I haven't seen it in a while.
也许我只是
Maybe I just
它还在。
It's still there.
它依然
It's still
在。
there.
所以
So
但这恰恰说明了,社交听音乐是你当初的核心洞察。
But this gets at the point of like social music listening was this core insight that you had.
马克同意一起参与构建,并让你使用——我的意思是,他也从中获益良多,但让你用Facebook来分发它。
Mark was on board to kind of build it together and and and let you, you know, use the I mean, he got a lot out of it too, but let you use Facebook to distribute it.
是的。
Yep.
然而,今天每一位Spotify用户,当我想到Spotify时,我会觉得,哦,这是获取音乐、播客,现在还有有声读物的便捷方式。
And yet everyone here who's a Spotify customer today, when I think Spotify, I think, oh, that's like the easy way to access music, podcasts, and now audiobooks.
但我不会觉得,哦,这是一个社交听音乐的平台。
But I don't think like, oh, it's a social listening.
对。
Right.
那么,你是在什么时候逐渐放下这个宝贵的想法,认为社交功能虽然重要,但没那么关键呢?
So at what point did you kind of like let go of that precious idea and say, maybe the social is like important, not that important?
嗯,我仍然认为社交功能极其重要。
Well, I I I still think social is hugely important.
例如,我们现在有一个名为Jam的产品,它让你能和朋友一起实时调整正在听的内容,目前这款产品在全球范围内增长得非常迅速。
And for instance, we have we have a product now called Jam, which allows you to be with your friends and actually alter what you're listening to at the same time and it's growing incredibly rapidly right now all over the world.
所以,我认为这本质上是一款社交产品,尽管我依然认为音乐具有很强的社交属性,但我们在产品设计上的误区在于,仅仅展示朋友们正在听什么,并不一定就是正确的社交方式。
So it's something that, you know, I think very much is a social product, but while I still think music is very social, I think what we got wrong in the product was this sort of notion that just seeing sort of what all of your friends are listening to may not be the sort of right social product.
但如果你换一种思路,比如:我想和朋友们一起协作,无论我们是否身处同一地点,都能共享听歌体验,这反而会带来非常棒的体验。
But if you instead sort of say like, I want to work together with my friends and I wanna have a shared listening, whether we're in the same place or not, that turns out to be a pretty amazing thing.
你会看到人们在派对上直接加入别人的‘Jam’,大家能一起排队点歌,而不用各自拿出自己的手机。
So you see people do it at parties where you can lit literally join someone's jam and you can sort of all queue up songs together instead of taking my phone or your phone.
我们可以共同协作完成一件事。
We could all be sort of working together on something.
但在疫情期间,也就是‘Jam’功能开始兴起的时候,我们发现人们还用它来保持联系——通过这种持续的、共同的音乐聆听体验,即使身处不同地方,我们也在同时听同样的音乐。
But what we saw during the pandemic, and that's like where Jam sort of started, was we started seeing that people were using this to stay connected as well by having sort of this shared, you know, consistent music listening where we're all listening to the same thing at the same time even though we were sort of apart.
这就像
It's like the
把线性电视的最佳体验带到了音乐领域。
best of linear TV brought to music.
是的。
Yeah.
所以我认为我们仍在不断探索这些社交概念,努力将其完善。
So I think we're still sort of, you know, definitely playing with the social concepts and and trying to get that right.
但我认为,Facebook 已经逐渐放弃了这种基于在线状态的社交方式。
But I think, you know, Facebook kinda moved off of this sort of presence based social aspect for all things.
这并不仅仅局限于音乐。
So it wasn't just music, actually.
当时人们也在游戏中使用类似的方式。
People were doing it for games back then too.
所以当时就是这样。
So it was like Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
你知道,我创建了另一个《农场小镇》。
You know, I've I've created another FarmVille
哦,是的。
Oh, yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
我们记得那个时代。
We remember that era.
是的。
Yeah.
那是什么?
What was it?
在Zynga上市时,其收入占Facebook总收入的百分之十以上。
It was, like, north of 10% of Facebook's revenue at IPO was from
是Zynga。
Was Zynga.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
我的意思是,这些都是有趣的往事。
What I mean, this is all fun history.
不过我很好奇,我们今晚就要采访马克了。
I'm curious though, you know, we're gonna talk to Mark later tonight.
你是在现场做研究吗?
Are you doing research live on stage?
是的。
Yeah.
哦,当然。
Oh, yeah.
definitely。
Definitely.
你知道,你和他有着长达十五年以上的密切关系
You know, you you you've had a relationship, a pretty close relationship for fifteen plus years
是的。
Yeah.
作为并肩作战的创始人。
As fellow founders in the trenches.
你从他那里学到了什么?
What do you what have
你从他身上吸取了哪些经验,并将其应用到Spotify的公司运营中?
you taken from him that you've brought into Spotify and how you run the company?
很多方面。
Many things.
我从他以及Meta的其他团队成员身上学到了很多。
And I've learned so much from him and and the rest of the team at Meta as well.
但我认为,特别是从他身上,他可能是我见过的最出色的学习者。
But I think specifically from him, you know, he's the probably the best learner I've ever seen.
你可以和他就某个话题展开对话。
You know, you can you can have a conversation with him about a topic.
他可能对那个话题了解不多。
He may not know very much about it.
但下一次,他对这个主题的了解就会超过,我想说,大多数专家了。
And then the next time, he would know more than, I would say, most experts about the subject.
他那种对学习坚持不懈、对事物保持好奇的态度,真的非常了不起。
And it's really remarkable just how tenacious he is sort of about learning and staying curious about things.
所以这对我来说绝对是一件超级鼓舞人心的事情。
So that's definitely been a super inspiring thing for me.
而且我认为,他运营公司的方式也体现了这一点。
And I think that this sort of shines through with how he runs the company too.
他有一个非常清晰的理念,但同时,他也非常乐于接受反馈,并在此基础上不断迭代。
He has a very sort of clear idea, but he also, you know, takes a lot of feedback and sort of iterates on that.
而且,你知道吗,对我来说,最酷的事情之一就是观察他如何主持会议。
And, you know, it's everything from one one of the cool things for me has been seeing how he runs meetings.
你明白吗?
You know?
例如,我比较喜欢和人数较少的人开会。
For instance, I kind of like having relatively small meetings with people.
马克,他通常的会议人数大约是15到20人。
Mark, the average meeting he has is, like, 15 to 20 people in the room.
你怎么才能在有十五到二十人的情况下,让产品评审或讨论依然高效,并确保每个人都能被听到呢?
And how you make, you know, a product review or discussion productive with fifteen and twenty people, still get people to be heard.
他在这方面非常非常擅长,这些只是我学到的少数几件事,但也帮助我成长为一名领导者。
Like, he he's he's very, very good at that stuff, and that's just a few of the things that I've learned, which has helped me as a leader as well.
我可以问个更直接一点的问题吗?
Can I ask maybe this is a little bit more pointed?
你是个很善良的人。
You are a a kind person.
你说话温和,但却是个激烈的竞争者。
You are a soft spoken person, but you are a fierce competitor.
没关系。
It's okay.
所以我们还没告诉过你这件事。
So we we haven't told you this.
当我们十八、二十四个月前在斯德哥尔摩面试你的时候,我从来没去过瑞典。
When when we interviewed you, what, eighteen, twenty four months ish ago in Stockholm, I'd never been to Sweden before.
我想你也没去过。
Don't think you had either.
我们离开的时候,心想,真是个可爱的国家,真是一群可爱的人。
And we left, we thought just like, what a lovely country, what lovely people.
丹尼尔是我们能想象到的最慷慨的人。
Daniel is, like, the, you know, most generous person we could imagine.
你今晚在这里,而那个人是个激烈的竞争者。
You're here tonight, and that guy is a fierce competitor.
他之所以能打造出Spotify,是有原因的。
And there is a reason why he has built Spotify.
是的。
Yeah.
而且非常有战略眼光。
And and very strategic.
我觉得你能看到整个棋盘。
Like, I think you're you you see the chessboard.
马克也是这样的。
Mark is like that too.
你觉得你们的关系是互相促进的吗?
Do you feel like your relationship do you amplify each other?
我的原则是,我从不跟马克竞争,因为我知道这最终会对双方都不利。
Well, I mean, the the rule I have with Mark is I don't try to go into a competition with him because I know it'll end badly for both of us.
你知道,马克喜欢运动。
So, you know, as you know, Mark likes sports.
所以我从不跟马克一起运动,正是出于这个原因。
So one of the things I don't do with Mark is play sport for exactly this reason.
你知道的?
You know?
他上次撕裂前交叉韧带是什么时候?当时有人你知道的,但他没有放弃。
When was the last time he sort of tore his ACL when someone you know, rather than giving up?
所以我觉得结果挺糟糕的。
So I I feel like it it ended pretty badly.
所以我知道自己会赢的时候才喜欢玩,我觉得不这么做其实挺好的。
So I I I like playing when I know I'll win, so I think it's a pretty good thing to not do that.
是的。
Yeah.
你看,如果我要概括Spotify成功的原因,我觉得它体现了非凡的毅力,以及愿意去挑战很多其他人尝试过却失败过的问题的决心。
You see I mean, if I were to characterize, like, why Spotify worked, it feels like there's an incredible amount of tenacity and a willingness to run at a problem that, like, a lot of people had tried and failed at before.
但同时,你也会耐心等待时机,等到机会出现,然后找到一个你确信能赢的游戏,再果断执行。
But there is also this, like, you kinda bide your time, you kinda wait for the opening, and then you figure out a game you know that you can win, and then you go execute in that game.
对。
Yeah.
说实话,这简直精准极了。
That that's that's pretty much spot on, to be honest.
这是我们经常谈论的事情之一,但我自己很少说,而Gustav,也就是在这里后台的我们的产品负责人兼CTO,我们常说空谈无用。
That's that's one one of the things we talk about a lot that I don't say that much, but Gustav, who's backstage here, who's our product officer and CTO, we say talk is cheap.
大多数人谈论的是执行、执行的速度,让我们行动起来,赶紧干。
Most people talk about execution, speed of execution, let's move, Let's go.
实际上,我们花了很多时间只是讨论和交流。
We actually spend a lot of time just discussing and talking.
所以斯波蒂菲内部的说法是‘空谈无用’,因为我们希望对我们要做什么以及如何做保持非常谨慎的态度。
So the internal saying that Spotify's talk is cheap because we wanna be really deliberate about what it is we're doing and how we're You doing mean that as
这是一种美德。
a virtue.
比如,空谈无用,所以我们多谈一点,因为浪费这些资源的成本很低。
Like, talk is cheap, so let's talk a lot because it's inexpensive to waste those resources.
完全正确。
Exactly right.
实际建造的成本比大多数人想象的要高得多。
It's more expensive to build than most people think.
所以我们实际上花了大量时间进行讨论,当人们刚进入我们的文化时,他们常常会感到非常困惑。
And so we actually spend a lot of time discussing, and and people get really confused when they sort of enter our culture.
他们会想,为什么我们不直接行动呢?
They're like, but why don't we just execute?
而我们却还在坐着辩论,进行某种博弈推演,预测事情会如何发展,并确保所有环节都以某种方式运作。
And we we're still sitting and debating and sort of game theorizing how this will play out and getting all the things working in a certain way.
我们现在已经有了一套在全公司范围内规范化的独特工作方式,我认为这在目前是相当独特的。
And we have our sort of ways of doing that now that we've sort of codified across the company, which I think is pretty unique at this point.
但其中一部分原因也是为了设定基调,因为我们不得不这样做。
But a part of that is also because so to set the stage is because we had to.
因为要记住,与许多其他产品不同,当你建立一家公司时,你可以某种程度上进行迭代和尝试。
Because remember, everything, unlike many other products when you're building a company, you can kind of sort of iterate and do stuff.
我们必须让整个行业都站在我们这边。
We had to get the entire industry with us.
所以如果我们想做某件事,就必须说服一群人相信这是正确的做法。
So if we wanted to do something, we had to convince a bunch of people that it was the right thing to do.
在许多情况下,即使是相对简单的更改,我们也需要一到两年的时间才能获得许可。
And many in many cases, even making relatively simple changes could take one or two years for us to get licensed.
所以你在做决定时必须确保自己是对的。
So you better be sure that you're right when you're doing it.
现在,这种方式已经成了我们做事的风格:我们可能不会像‘快速行动并打破常规’那样最快,但我们一定会非常谨慎,而且在真正行动时,我们更有可能做对。
And this has kind of now become a thing in how we're doing stuff is we're probably not gonna be the fastest as in, you know, moving fast and breaking things, but we are going to be very deliberate, and we're probably going to be more right when we actually do something.
你们简直就是‘反快速失败’、‘反快速行动并打破常规’、‘反发布后迭代’的代表。
You're like the anti fail fast, the anti move fast and break things, the anti ship and iterate.
就像
Like
不过,我还是希望我们也能发布并迭代。
Well, I like to hope we can also ship and iterate.
但是
But
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
但我们现在不会是最快的。
But but we won't be the fastest now.
这很有趣,回到播客的话题上。
Which is funny coming back to podcasting.
你直到2019年才进入这个行业。
You didn't enter the business until 2019.
我猜你在那之后已经考虑很久了。
I assume you were thinking about it for a long time after that.
我相信你很清楚。
And when I'm sure you know.
你是什么时候成为播客领域的市场领导者?
When did you become the market leader in podcasting?
哦,哇。
Oh, wow.
我想这在一定程度上取决于你关注的是哪些市场。
I I think it sort of depends on which markets you're kinda looking at it.
但早在2020年和2021年,我们就已经在许多市场开始崛起。
But we were pretty much it started happening in in quite a few markets already 2020 and 2021.
到了2022年,我们在全球大多数市场都已成为市场领导者。
And in 2022, we were pretty much the market leader in most markets around the world.
所以三年?
So three years?
是的。
Yeah.
从上线开始算?
From launch?
为什么?
Why?
是的。
Yeah.
为什么?
Why?
这才是关键问题。
That's that's the question.
而且,考虑到你们之前如此谨慎、花了很长时间才推出,你们有没有预料到会这么快?
And and did you expect that it would be that fast given that you were so methodical and working so long to launch it?
我们并不总是能预知速度会有多快,但我认为我们对如何逐步迭代和改进已经有了相当清晰的判断。
We we don't always know how fast this will be, but I I think we had a pretty good sense that we could sort of iterate and improve our way.
所以,就像是从我们最初看到初步反响时所处的山腰,一步步向上攀登。
So sort of health climb from the mountain we were on when we saw the sort of initial traction.
但我觉得,我们当时与许多其他人不同的反主流做法是:在推出时,人们普遍认为每件事都需要一个独立的应用程序。
But I think the the contrarian that we did unlike many others did was, you know, at the time when we launched, was sort of viewed that you needed to have a different app for everything.
对吧?
Right?
比如你得有一个单独的播客应用,播客和音乐是完全不同的。
Like you had to have a separate podcasting app and podcasting music were very different.
对我们来说,就只是听。
And for us, it's just listening.
我们意识到,应该利用当时已有数亿用户、如今远超五亿的用户基础,为他们提供更多的内容。结果发现,我们一直看到的情况是,我们的音乐听众其实也在听播客。
And what we realized is we should use this base of what was then several 100,000,000 people and today's way north of half a billion people and just serve them more stuff and it turns out that like what we saw all the time, it wasn't like our music listeners weren't listening to podcasts.
那为什么不利用这种体验,也向他们推荐其他优质内容呢?
So why not use this experience and also recommend them great other stuff?
从那以后,我们又在一年前增加了有声读物,因为这被证明是另一种能增加用户收听时长的方式,而且他们本来就在花时间做这件事。
And we went from there and then a year ago, we also added audiobooks because that turned out to be another way to increase people's listening and that they were also spending time doing.
但说到你提到的缓慢而有条理这一点,好吧。
But but to your point on being, like, slow and methodical, okay.
你有渠道触达用户。
You had channel to people.
好吧。
Okay.
他们知道你是用来听东西的。
They knew you for listening.
但如果你往那个渠道里塞他们不想要的东西,那就会毁掉你的核心业务。
But if you're stuffing stuff in that channel that is not the thing that they want, then that blows up your core.
是的。
Yeah.
所以我认为,至少我的理解是,你找到了一种方法,确保人们愿意接受你提供这个新功能。
And so I think, like, my takeaway at least is though you you figured out a way to do it where you made sure that people were gonna be open to using you for this new Yeah.
当然,当然。
Of of course.
你说得对。
You're right.
显然,仅仅拥有分发优势并不意味着就能成功。
Obviously, just because you have the distribution advantage doesn't mean it'll work.
但我想回到这一点,这个平台最令人惊叹的地方在于,每当我们试图以一种刻意的、自上而下的方式去做某事时,往往会失败。
But I think going back to it, what's so amazing with the platform is every time we try to do something with deliberate sort of top down, it's sort of fail.
而大多数时候,我们看到的其实是平台上已经存在的某种雏形,然后从中逐渐发展起来。
And most of the time actually what we see is the inklings of something already existing on the platform and then growing from there.
所以我一开始提到过,德国对我们来说在播客和图书方面都是一个早期的信号。
So I mentioned this at the beginning, but Germany was sort of an early indicator for a lot of things for us, both in podcasting and in books.
甚至在我们推出图书功能之前,我就意识到,大约在2018年,我们开始看到图书出现在德国最受欢迎的音乐播放列表中,对吧?
And what I realized even before we launched Books, for instance, was around 2018, we started seeing Books showing up on the top list in Germany of the most sort of, you know, listen to music tracks, right?
那其实不是音乐,而是明显是图书,但它们居然一路冲上了排行榜榜首,不久之后我们就成了该国最大的图书分发平台,而我们当时根本没刻意去做这件事,而且在Spotify上听图书的体验其实相当糟糕。
It wasn't music, it was clearly books but it sort of made it all the way up to the top list and shortly thereafter we started showing up as the biggest book distributor in the country, but we weren't even trying and it was actually a pretty horrible experience to listen to books on Spotify.
所以当你的产品即使体验很差,用户依然在使用它时,你就知道你抓住了什么。
So when your product is being used in spite of it actually being a pretty terrible experience, you kind of know you've got something.
因此,这就是我们后来能够构建并扩展的起点。
So that was the sort of genesis for how we then were able to build and sort of expand.
太棒了。
It's awesome.
好了,这一部分就到这里。
Well, that's it for this segment.
你会留下来观看剩下的节目吗?
Are you gonna stick around and watch the rest of
今晚的节目?
the night?
是的。
Yeah.
当然。
For sure.
我太兴奋了。
I'm so excited.
太棒了。
Awesome.
好的,丹尼尔,谢谢你。
Well, Daniel, thank you.
非常感谢你,好的,感谢你的参与
Thank you so much Okay, for being
听众们。
listeners.
现在是一个绝佳的机会,向大家介绍我们节目的一位新朋友——WorkOS,我们非常兴奋。
Now is a great time to tell you about a new friend of the show we are very excited about, WorkOS.
是的。
Yes.
WorkOS 是一个面向企业的平台,被 OpenAI、Cursor、Perplexity、Vercel、Plaid 以及数百家其他成功公司所使用。
WorkOS is the enterprise ready platform used by OpenAI, Cursor, Perplexity, Vercel, Plaid, and literally hundreds of other winning companies.
那么,这些公司都在用 WorkOS 做什么?
So what are all these companies using WorkOS for?
想象一下,你是一家快速成长的初创公司。
Imagine you're a fast growing startup.
你已经找到了产品与市场的契合点,并且收到了来自大型企业客户的主动关注。
You've got product market fit, and you're getting inbound interest from big enterprise customers.
非常令人兴奋。
Very exciting.
但接着他们发给你一份安全问卷。
But then they send you their security questionnaire.
是的。
Yep.
问卷长达47页,里面的要求看起来像一堆字母缩写。
And it's like 47 pages long with requirements that kinda sound like alphabet soup.
你们支持SAML 2.0吗?
Do you support saml two .o?
你们能集成我们的Okta吗?
Can you integrate with our Okta?
你们有SCIM配置吗?S-C-I-M。
Do you have SCIM provisioning, s c I m?
那RBAC呢?R-B-A-C?
What about RBAC, r b a c?
你心里想:这些缩写到底是什么意思?我根本不知道该怎么实现。
And you're thinking, I have no idea what these acronyms even mean, let alone how to implement them.
事情是这样的。
So here's the thing.
这些不是锦上添花的功能。
These are not nice to haves.
这些是交易的阻碍因素。
These are deal blockers.
如果没有单点登录,没有SCIM,没有RBAC,没有审计日志,你根本不可能签下企业级客户,别无选择。
Without SSO, without SCIM, without RBAC, without audit logs, you simply cannot close enterprise deals, period.
但这些功能并没有让你们的核心产品变得更好。
But none of these features make your core product better.
它们不会让你们的啤酒更好喝,用我们在Acquired节目中最爱的比喻来说。
They don't make your beer taste better, to use our favorite analogy here on Acquired.
所以,如果你在开发一个设计工具,花六个月时间构建SAML认证,并不会让你的设计工具更强大。
So if you're building like a design tool, spending six months building SAML authentication doesn't make your design tool more powerful.
这就是WorkOS的用武之地。
So this is where WorkOS comes in.
他们为企业的功能打造了 Stripe。
They've built Stripe for enterprise features.
WorkOS 将企业身份验证需求转化为即插即用的 API,尽可能抽象掉不必要的复杂性。
WorkOS turns enterprise authentication requirements into drop in APIs, abstracting away as much unnecessary complexity as possible.
因此,你的团队不必花几个月时间阅读 SAML 规范,几分钟内就能实现企业单点登录。
So instead of your team spending months reading SAML specs, you can implement enterprise SSO in minutes.
WorkOS 负责用户开通、权限管理、审计日志——所有企业 IT 部门要求的必备功能。
WorkOS handles user provisioning, permissions, audit logs, all the checkbox items that enterprise IT requires.
无论你是正在争取首个企业客户的种子阶段公司,还是已经规模庞大并全球扩张,WorkOS 都是让你快速达到企业级标准的最快途径。
So whether you are a seed stage company trying to land your first enterprise customer or already big and expanding globally, WorkOS is the fastest path to becoming enterprise ready.
只需访问 workos.com 或直接给他们 Slack 支持团队发消息。
Just visit workos.com or just message their Slack support.
他们那里有真正的工程师,会快速回复你的问题。
They have real engineers in there who answer questions fast.
当你联系他们时,记得说 Ben 和 David 推荐的。
And when you get in touch, just tell them Ben and David sent you.
嗯,
Well,
在马克到来之前,我们还有点时间,还准备了几个惊喜。
we've got a little more time before Mark comes on, and we have a couple more surprises planned.
我想是时候谈谈下一个了。
I think it's time to talk about the next one.
第二幕。
Act two.
第二幕。
Act two.
所以戴夫和我正坐在一起。
So Dave and I are sitting around.
我们在计划今晚的安排。
We're planning tonight.
我们在想,既然有这么多热爱《Acquired》的人在场,该做点什么好呢?
We're like, what's the thing to do when we've got all these great folks in the room who who love Acquired?
我们想,与其问他们,嘿。
And we're like, rather than ask them, hey.
今晚我们该做什么?
What should we do tonight?
我们直接查看邮件,看看人们实际上在我们没问的时候就已经想要什么了。
We just check our email and see, like, what do people actually already want when we're not even asking.
剧集建议。
Episode requests.
剧集建议。
Episode requests.
是的。
Yep.
你翻翻Acquired的收件箱,里面有很多剧集建议。
You go through the Acquired inbox, lot of episode requests.
第二大请求是,嘿。
The second biggest request is, hey.
你做过这个节目。
You did this episode.
你错了。
You were wrong.
你需要修正它。
You need to fix it.
或者你做过这个节目,但自那以后发生了许多变化,你需要做一个后续更新。
Or you did this episode, and, like, a lot has happened since, and you need to do a follow-up on it.
所以我们想,如果我们挑出三四个这样的请求,让Acquired的观众一起快速完成所有这些内容,会怎么样?
And so we thought, what if we pick, like, three or four of those and we speed run all of them with the acquired audience present?
对。
Yep.
更新Acquired的正史,我们想,可以和谁一起做这件事?
Add it update the acquired canon, and we thought, who could we do this with?
巧合的是,最适合质询我们所有错误和需要更新内容的人,就在这里
And it just so happens that the perfect person to grill us on everything we got wrong and everything we need to update lives right here
在旧
in San
金山。
Francisco.
有请来自彭博社和Circuit的艾米莉·张。
Please welcome from Bloomberg and the Circuit, Emily Chang.
嗨。
Hi.
你好。
Hello.
嗨。
Hi.
嗨,赫克斯。
Hi, Hux.
艾米莉。
Emily.
恭喜。
Congratulations.
非常感谢。
Thank you so much.
恭喜。
Congratulations.
谢谢。
Thank you.
谢谢你们成为我们的团队,这
Thank you You for being our guys, This
很
is pretty
棒。
awesome.
致我们的录音室。
To our recording studio.
欢迎来到我们的聚会。
Welcome to our yeah.
谢谢。
Thank you.
很高兴能来这里。
I'm glad to be here.
我需要跟你确认一下一些研究内容。
I I need to, like, mind you for some research.
我知道我们接下来的十九分钟要做的事情,但你和马克一起去玩了浪板冲浪。
I know we have, a thing that we're doing here over the next nineteen minutes, but you went wake surfing with Mark.
今晚的主题就是研究。
Like, theme of tonight is researching.
我试过了。
I've tried.
他的独立日视频里,他穿着燕尾服,拿着美国国旗,喝着啤酒站在那里。
His fourth of July video, he is standing there in a tuxedo with an American flag drinking a beer.
每个人都看过。
Everybody's seen it.
每个人都看过这个。
Everybody's seen this.
而且西装是干的。
And the tuxedo's dry.
我其实玩过几次滑水。
Like, I've wake surfed a couple times.
我一开始在水里,然后被拉起来。
I start, you know, in the water and you get pulled up.
我想知道,从船上下来在操作上是怎么做到的?
I would not so how logistically can you, like, step off the boat?
正如你可能从这集里看出来的,我不是滑水爱好者,但我试过,马克很擅长。
As you could probably tell from the episode, I'm not a wake surfer but I tried and Mark is pretty good.
我之前没意识到的是,如果你技术足够好,可以做干式起步,直接从船上滑上板子,于是就有了西装滑水的视频。
And what I did not realize is that you can do a dry start where you if you're so good, you can just ride the board right off the boat and voila, tuxedo surfing video.
我个人可以作证,我确实看到他做了一次干式起滑,而且他能……我是说,我觉得那是真的吗?
And I can personally attest that I did see him do a dry start and he can I mean, I think it's real?
我觉得是。
I think.
要么就是他船上准备了很多套燕尾服,以便进行多次尝试。
That or he had like a lot of tuxedos on that boat to get multiple trial runs.
顺便说一句,普莉希拉也很棒。
By the way, Priscilla's pretty awesome too.
他们俩都能玩得很溜。
They can both shred.
只需要
Just have to
说出来。
say that.
为什么?
Why?
她今晚也在。
She's here tonight too.
是的。
Yeah.
好的,艾米丽。
Alright, Emily.
让我们来谈谈索
Take us So
现在,我以及你们各位进行自我反思,我们将重新回顾你们的一些过往节目。
right now, and I A plus you guys for self reflection, we're gonna revisit some of your past episodes.
我们挑选了一些可能有些争议的节目。
And we decided on some episodes that maybe were a little controversial.
在早期,你们会对所报道的每家公司进行评分,你们做出了一些正确的判断,但有时也有些 questionable 的判断。
In the early days, you would grade every company that you covered and you made some good calls but also some some questionable calls sometimes.
所以我想我们不妨走一趟回忆之旅,从YouTube开始,大卫,你在2016年给了YouTube一个C。
So I thought we would go down, do a little memory lane and start with YouTube, which David, you gave YouTube a c in 2016.
这是谷歌收购YouTube的事件。
This is the acquisition of YouTube by Google.
对。
Right.
而你,本,你说这可能糟糕到C减的程度。
And you you, Ben, said it could be as as bad as a C minus.
我只是...我只是...我只是有点质疑这个说法。
I I just I just I have to I just question that a little bit.
我们当时太年轻了。
We were young.
那是2016年。
It was 2016.
我们当时不知道自己在
We didn't know what we
做什么。
were doing.
我们当时被误导了。
We were misguided.
但让我们再进一步刺激一下,因为这里有一些引述。
But let's just twist the knife a little because we have some quotes here.
本,你说过,你对YouTube有点看空,主要是因为它不是一个目的地。
Ben, you said, I'm a little bit bearish on YouTube primarily because it's not a destination.
大卫也说,谁会去YouTube上发现新东西呢?
And David said, like, who goes to YouTube and discovers something?
令人难过的是,我们确实说过这些话,还决定重新审视这个问题。
The sad part is that we actually said that and and decided to revisit this.
所以我不确定。
So I don't know.
也许确实还没有形成很大的行为模式。
It it may actually be the case that that wasn't a huge behavior yet.
比如,算法还没变得——我知道我这是在为自己辩护。
Like the algorithm hadn't become I know I'm being defensive here.
就像
Like
本,这是我们自己认错。
Ben, this is we fall on our sword.
YouTube 当时就像是一个工具,你把视频上传上去,然后可以嵌入到你的网站上。
YouTube was like the utility that you uploaded a video to and then you could embed it on your site.
我并不是那种会从 YouTube 开始一天的人,也许我有点奇怪,但我完全无法想象,我会一早打开 youtube.com,随便看它推荐给我的内容——而如今,通过 App 做到这一点变得非常容易。
It's not like I would like start my day by maybe I was weird but, like, I I couldn't imagine starting my day and going to youtube.com and just watching whatever it served me the way that now, like, it's very easy to do that in the app.
好吧,我认为。
Well, I think okay.
对我来说,关于 YouTube,我们有很多地方判断错了。
So for me, there's a lot to talk about with YouTube that we got wrong.
这是我们后来发现的最重要的事:当时我们录这期节目时,AI 和社交媒体信息流推荐系统正处在起步阶段,即将引发今天所发生的一切。
This is the biggest thing that we've discovered since is I think, literally, we were making that episode, AI and social media feed recommenders were happening in that moment, and it was about to lead to everything that is happening today.
嗯。
Mhmm.
哦,是的。
Oh, yeah.
YouTube当时是谷歌的一部分,而Meta(Facebook)则在购买GPU、构建AI,将信息流推荐系统变成了终极内容目的地。
And it was YouTube within Google and Meta then Facebook, buying GPUs, and building AI that turned feed recommenders into, you know, the ultimate destination site.
我们完全没意识到这一切正在发生。
And we just completely had no idea that that was happening.
没错。
Right.
人工智能十年前就曾迎来过它的高光时刻。
AI had its moment a decade ago.
我们现在对AI都充满热情,但当时,推荐下一个你该消费的内容这种应用场景,已经是AI的杀手级用例了。
We're all excited about it now, but, like, the use case of recommending you something that should be the next item that you should consume was a killer use case for AI Yeah.
即使在那时也是如此。
Even then.
我们错过了这一点。
We missed that.
如今,有分析师表示,如果把YouTube从谷歌剥离出来,它的估值将达到5000亿美元,几乎是Netflix市值的两倍。
Well, today, you have analysts saying if you pulled YouTube out of Google, it would be worth half $1,000,000,000,000, which is almost double where Netflix is.
YouTube TV正朝着成为美国最大的有线电视提供商迈进。
It's on track YouTube TV to be the largest cable provider cable provider in The United States.
你们给我发了一张票?
You guys send me a ticket?
因为,你知道,我家里有一屋子孩子。
Because, you know, I have a house full of kids in my house.
这是第一和第二屏幕,因为我们有YouTube TV。
It's the first and the second screen because we have YouTube TV.
所以问题是,他们真的能成为所有人的一切吗?
So the question is, can they really be everything to everyone?
对吧?
Right?
没错。
Right.
所以,我认为这是我们最合理的辩护。
So here is here is I think our most legitimate defense.
谷歌并不公布YouTube的盈利能力。
Google does not report YouTube profitability.
他们只公布YouTube的收入。
They report YouTube revenue.
所以当我们做这期节目时,YouTube的年收入约为50亿美元。
So when we did the episode, YouTube was doing about $5,000,000,000 run rate revenue.
现在它的年收入已经达到了350亿到400亿美元。
It is now like 35 to 40,000,000,000 annual revenue run rate.
那时候,它亏损得非常严重。
When it and back then, was way losing money.
简直就是个无底洞。
Like, it was a money pit.
是的。
Yes.
那时候它亏了很多钱。
And it was losing a lot of money back then.
谷歌现在不公布数据,但YouTube与其他所有平台的独特之处在于,他们将长视频收入的55%和短视频收入的45%直接分给创作者。
Google does not report today, but here is what is unique about YouTube versus every other platform is they pay out 55% of revenue on long form and 45% on shorts directly to creators.
这对创作者来说当然很好,但这是一个很难经营的生意。
Which, you know, is great for creators, but that's a tough business to run.
是的。
Yeah.
当你每收入一美元,就要支出超过一半时,你知道,
When every dollar you're getting in, you're getting more than half out, you know,
这是一种直接的可变成本。
And it's a direct variable cost.
过去三年向创作者支付了700亿美元,这再次超过了奈飞在内容上的支出。
$70,000,000,000 to creators over the last three years which again is more than Netflix spends on content.
所以我要明确表态。
So so I'll go on record.
YouTube是一项A+级别的收购
YouTube was an A plus acquisition
是的。
Yes.
因为它的战略价值。
Because of the strategic value.
我的意思是,它是第二大搜索引擎,仅次于谷歌,或者说是第二大社交媒体平台,从战略角度看,拥有它非常棒,更不用说还能进入AI训练数据领域了。
I mean, it's the second largest search engine, second to Google, or the second largest social media property, you know, strategically very great thing to own, not to mention going into the land of AI training data.
但作为一项业务,我不清楚YouTube是否盈利。
But like as a business it is not clear to me that YouTube makes money.
而且,我的消息来源也说,如果他们真的盈利了,那也是微乎其微。
Well and, I mean, my source is also I I if they're making money, it's little to no money.
但他们显然可以调整支付给创作者的金额。
But they could they could obviously change how much they're paying out to creators.
他们可以随时开关这个水龙头。
They can, you know, turn the spigot on and off.
他们正在建立的持久性以及创作者的认同感。
With the and the durability that they're building and the affinity from creators.
我们稍后会讨论平台上的创作者。
We'll talk about creators on the platform in a minute.
是的。
Yes.
有这么多创作者希望转向YouTube,这背后是有原因的。
It's it's there is a reason why so many creators want to graduate to YouTube Yeah.
这就是原因。
And this is it.
我的节目也在YouTube上。
Well, your your my show's on YouTube.
你的节目在YouTube上。
Your show's on YouTube.
作为创作者,你对YouTube有什么看法?
How do you feel about YouTube as creators?
非常强烈。
Strongly.
对于所有听众,感谢你们收听这个播客频道,我们与你们之间有着直接的关系,不受算法中介影响。
For everyone listening, thank you for listening to the podcast feed where we have a direct relationship with you that is not intermediated, by an algorithm.
但说实话,看到这些YouTuber建立了庞大的粉丝群体,数千万,有时甚至数亿的订阅者,而订阅数和观看次数却毫无关联,这真是最不可思议的事情。
But, like, honestly, it is the craziest thing to see these YouTubers who have built mass followings, tens of millions, you know, hundreds of millions sometimes of of subscribers, where subscribers and views are uncorrelated.
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
今天成绩如何?
Grade today?
今天成绩如何?
Grade today.
哦,A+。
Oh, a plus.
还是A+。
Still an a plus.
是的。
Yeah.
好的。
Okay.
好的。
Okay.
好吧,我还有另一件事没提到。
Well, I I so here's the other thing we didn't mention.
我觉得那时候也是这样。
And I think this was true back then too.
YouTube既是全球第二大社交媒体平台,也是全球第二大搜索引擎。
YouTube is both the second largest social media property in the world and the second largest search engine in the world.
嗯哼。
Uh-huh.
所以,是的,A+。
So yeah, yeah, a plus.
你应该这样看待YouTube:不要去计算YouTube作为一家独立企业的折现现金流,如果你考虑他们的,你知道的,嗯。
The way that you should look at YouTube is not what is the discounted cash flow of YouTube as an independent business if you look at their, you know Mhmm.
今天的盈利能力。
Profitability today.
而是如果不拥有YouTube,而YouTube在Google之外发展壮大,这对Google来说会带来什么样的生存风险?
It's what was the existential risk to Google of not owning YouTube if YouTube became a thing somewhere outside of Google?
而这一点值很多钱。
And that is worth paying a lot for.
巨大。
Huge.
好的。
Alright.
继续。
Moving on.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。