本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
这是《All Ears English》播客第1876期。
This is an All Ears English Podcast, episode eighteen seventy six.
在商务英语中保持积极进取的态度。
Have a can do attitude in business English.
欢迎收听《All Ears English》播客,本节目下载量已超过两亿次。
Welcome to the All Ears English Podcast downloaded more than 200,000,000 times.
你是否对自己的英语感到停滞不前?
Are you feeling stuck with your English?
我们将教你如何通过注重交流而非完美,变得自信而流利。本期节目由美国主持人奥布里·卡特、雅思专家林赛·麦克马洪带来,他们分别来自亚利桑那州和科罗拉多州。
We'll show you how to become fearless and fluent by focusing on connection, not perfection with your American host, Aubrey Carter, the IELTS whiz, and Lindsey McMahon, the English adventurer, coming to you from Arizona and Colorado, USA.
如需每周通过电子邮件接收文字稿,请访问 allearsenglish.com/subscribe。
And to get your transcripts delivered by email every week, go to allearsenglish.com forward slash subscribe.
你在学习英语时是否也抱有积极进取的态度?
Do you have a can do attitude about learning English?
今天,我们将分享母语为英语的人如何使用“can do”和“will do”,并深入探讨什么是积极进取的态度。
Today, we share how native English speakers use can do and will do, and we'll dive into what it means to have a can do attitude.
这是文化差异吗?
Is it cultural?
今天就来揭晓答案。
Find out today.
想象一下这个场景。
Picture this.
你正在参与对话。
You're part of the conversation.
有人突然插话,快速说了一句。
Someone jumps in with a fast comment.
大家都做出了反应,但你却落在后面,还在消化刚才的话。
Everyone reacts, but you're left behind, still processing the words.
并不是你不理解英语。
It's not that you don't understand English.
而是真实的对话并不会为你放慢速度。
It's that real conversations don't slow down for you.
俚语、语速、语调,所有这些都快速叠加在一起。
Slang, speed, tone, it all stacks up fast.
好消息是,如果你了解自己的英语水平以及如何提升,这些技能都是可以训练的。
The good news, these are trainable skills if you know your English level and what to do to move up.
先花两分钟做我们的免费流利度测试,准确了解你目前的水平。
Start by taking our free two minute fluency quiz to find out exactly what your level is now.
前往 allearsenglish.com/fluencyscore。
Go to allearsenglish.com/fluencyscore.
就是 allearsenglish.com/fluencyscore。
That's allearsenglish.com/fluencyscore.
你好,奥布里。
Hello, Aubrey.
今天过得怎么样?
How's it going today?
嗨。
Hi.
我今天过得特别好。
I'm having a great day.
你怎么样,林赛?
How are you, Lindsey?
我今天过得太棒了。
I'm having a fantastic day.
我问你个问题,奥布里。
Let me ask you a question, Aubrey.
你一直都是个积极主动的人吗?
Are you someone that has always had a can do attitude?
你是这种人吗,还是不是?
Are you that kind of person or not?
是的。
Yeah.
哦,我绝对是。
Oh, I absolutely am.
几乎到了过犹不及的地步。
Almost to a fault.
对吧?
Right?
只要有什么事情摆在我面前,我都会抱着一种‘我能行’的态度去应对。
If anything put before me, I have that can do attitude of saying, I can do this.
当然。
Absolutely.
即使这并不现实。
Even if it's not realistic.
即使我没有时间,或者我的优先事项应该放在别处。
If I don't have the time or maybe my priorities should be elsewhere.
因为我认为我这种态度太过头了。
Because I think I have an overabundance of this attitude.
太过头了。
An overabundance.
有点太多了吧,对吧?
A little too much, right?
所以在这种情况下你会变得分散。
So you get scattered in that kind of thing.
是的。
Yeah.
你呢?
What about you?
我的意思是,我觉得我确实如此。
I mean, I think I do.
如果我没有这种态度,我们根本不会创办All Ears English。
I I we never would have started All Ears English if I didn't.
对吧?
Right?
根本不可能。
Like, no way.
不可能。
No way.
我认为这种特质是从我父亲那里继承来的,他本身就是一个企业家。
And I think I got it from my dad as an entrepreneur himself.
他总是以这样的方式看待世界:我们需要想办法把事情做成,而不是纠结于能不能做。
He always approached the world as, you know, it's like, we just need to figure out how to get things done, not if we can do it.
对。
Right.
你这种意识是从哪里来的?
Where did you get that sense?
奥布里,你是怎么
Aubrey, how did you
学会的?
learn that?
肯定是父母的影响。
Parents for sure.
我爸爸特别有行动力,什么东西他都能修好。
So my dad very much has a can do attitude where he can fix anything.
他能想出任何问题的解决办法。
He can figure anything out.
他是个艺术家,但他自己做了画框,因为我妈妈能从花园里摘蔬菜,做出八十种不同的做法,还能腌制保存。
He's an artist, but he built his own frames because he can write my mom to like she can take vegetables from the garden and cook them 80 different ways and can them.
那为什么呢?
And because why?
当然她可以,对吧?
Of course she can, right?
是的。
Yeah.
有些人可能会说,这种生活方式太天真了,对吧?
I mean, some people might say that this is a naive way to go through life, right?
但就我个人而言,我宁愿带着天真的乐观去生活,而不是相反——总是被内心的消极叙事所困扰。
But personally, I would rather go through life being naive, but optimistic rather than the opposite, which is always having the internal narrative.
哦,不,这行不通。
Oh, no, that won't work.
哦,不,世界上有些人认为,只要你一说‘哦,不,这行不通’,
Oh, no, there are people in the world that think that as soon as you say something, Oh, no, that won't work.
原因就在这里。
And here's why.
真让人沮丧。
What a bummer.
是的,我认为你会错失很多绝佳的机会。
Yes, and I think you miss out on great opportunities.
如果你一开始就假设事情不会成功,那些本可能发生的事就错过了。
Things that could happen if you automatically assume it's not going to work.
但有时候,当我们对某个行业了解太深,或在某个地方待得太久,就会开始形成这种心态。
Sometimes when we get too deep though into an industry, we spend too much time somewhere, we can start to develop that.
我更喜欢初学者的心态。
It's more like the beginner's mind that I love.
这就是为什么不断学习新事物总是好的,因为我们知道任何事情我们都能够做到。
That's why it's always good to learn new things because we know that we can do anything.
是的,当然。
Yes, for sure.
这很有趣。
This is interesting.
之前几集中提到过‘can do’这个词,是在1848年左右,关于动词化,那集特别有趣。
Can do came up in few episodes ago, a eighteen forty eight, about verbing, which was such a fun episode.
如果你们错过了,一定要去回听一下。
If you guys missed it, be sure to go check it out.
关注All Ears English,以免错过任何一集。
Follow All Ears English so you never miss an episode.
好的。
Yes.
但我们之前讨论过,与其说‘我能做到’或‘我会做’,你可以直接简化表达。
But we talked about how instead of saying I can do that or I will do that, you can just shorten it.
说‘Can do’非常地道。
Very native to say, Can do.
非常积极。
Very positive.
这展现了一种积极主动的态度。
It's showing that can do attitude.
很简单。
Easy.
真是太好了。
It is so good.
如果有人请你做事,能听到这样的回应真是太好了,或者你去问别人时也希望得到这样的答复。
If someone asks you to do something, it is so good to get that response from someone or you ask them to hear that.
你会感觉很好。
You feel good.
你会觉得,好吧,这个人很有掌控力,也知道如何把事情办成。
You feel like, okay, this person has control and they understand how to get this done.
是的,这就是我想让加入我团队的人。
Yes, that's who I want on my team.
无论是朋友、家人还是同事,我都希望每个人都能拥有这种积极主动的态度。
Whether it's friends, family, coworkers, I want everyone to have a can do attitude.
是的,我认为在《All Ears English》里,就是这么说的,对吧?
Yeah, I think on All Ears English, do, right?
我认为应该以积极和乐观的态度来引导这一点。
I think really lead in that direction with positivity, optimism.
那我们再深入聊聊这个话题,奥布里。
So let's go into this a little bit more, Aubrey.
我们的听众需要了解些什么呢?
What do our listeners need to know here?
是的,这是一个固定表达。
Yeah, so it is an expression.
必须逐字使用这个表达。
It needs to be used word for word.
你不能说 'will do attitude',对吧?
You can't say will do attitude, right?
必须说 'can do attitude'。
It has to be can do attitude.
这意味着你总是乐于接受任何挑战,总是愿意尝试。
And it means that you're always up for anything, always willing.
你相信自己有能力应对面前的任何任务,直到被证明做不到为止。
You believe that you are capable of what is put before you until you are proven wrong.
对吧?
Right?
是的。
Yeah.
我非常喜欢。
I love it.
所以就是 'can do attitude'。
So can do attitude.
好。
Good.
好的。
Okay.
所以,你是说这个可以用在两种不同的情况下,对吧?
So we, so you're saying that there are two different ways to use this, right?
奥布里,如果有人问你:嘿,下班后你能去买点牛奶吗?
Aubrey, if someone asks you, Hey, would you be able to go pick up some milk after work?
你可以回答:没问题,对吧?
You can reply can do, right?
我们说的是这个意思吗?
Is that what we're saying?
你可以回答:没问题。
You can reply can do.
当然。
For sure.
没错。
Exactly.
对。
Right.
我们之前在讨论,我们经常在邮件或短信中直接回复‘can do’。
And we were talking about how we'll often just respond that in an email can do or a text
can do 或 will do,对吧。
can do will do right.
超级快捷简单。
Just super quick and easy.
是的,你可以说这个,而不是说‘I can do that’。
Yeah, you can say that instead of I can do that.
是的,对吧?
Yes, right?
我们平时不会那样说话。
We don't talk like that.
说话这么随意。
Speak so informally.
是的。
Yeah.
或者你也想对我们这里的听众说,我们还可以把它用作形容词,表示一种‘能行’的态度。
Or you're saying also for our listeners here, we can also use it as an adjective, meaning can do attitude.
我们会用一个连字符把它们连起来。
We bring them together with a little hyphen.
各位,在另一集、另一天,我们会讨论为什么以及何时需要这个连字符。
And guys, in another episode, another day, we're going to talk about why and when you need that hyphen.
对吧,奥布里?
Right, Aubrey?
我们改天再深入讲这个。
We're going to go into that another time.
连字符怎么写?
What is it hyphenated?
是的。
Yes.
说得对。
Good point.
而且如果你
And if you're
跟着字幕看,你会发现can do是用连字符连接的。
following along the transcripts, you see that that can do is hyphenated.
这很重要,对吧?
This is important, right?
请注意,尤其是在正式写作中。
Do notice, especially in formal writing.
是的,非正式写作中。
Yeah, informal writing.
所以各位,现在就关注All Ears English,确保不错过那一集。
So guys, hit follow on All Ears English right now to make sure you don't miss that episode.
我们不知道它什么时候会来,所以你必须关注这个节目。
We don't know when it's coming, so you've got to be following the show.
我想指出,这真是一个非常好的赞美。
I want to point out this is such a great compliment.
我想不出比有人说我具有积极进取的态度更好的赞美了。
I can't think of a better compliment than for someone to tell me I have a can do attitude.
这意味着你自信,愿意应对问题或新任务,对吧?
It means you're confident, you're willing to deal with problems or new tasks, right?
我觉得就像你所说的,是的,也许我们可能会过度,但肯定比消极态度要好。
I think it's like you were saying, yes, maybe we can go overboard, but it's better than having that negativity for sure.
是的。
Yeah.
有时候我在想,这是否与文化有关。
Sometimes I wonder if there's a cultural aspect to this.
美国是一个年轻的国家,美利坚合众国,一个年轻的国家。
The fact that America is a young country, The United States Of America, a young country.
对吧?
Right?
年轻国家。
Young country.
我们没有像几百年甚至几千年的历史那样,积累出那些事情做不了的叙事和经验。
We don't have, like, years or thousands of years of history to have learned things and have narratives passed down that things aren't doable.
对吧?
Right?
所以我们就像世界上的婴儿一样。
And so we're kind of like babies in the world.
是的,我们能做到。
Yes, we can do that.
当然。
Of course.
没问题。
No problem.
在美国创业也比世界其他地区容易得多。
It's also very easy to set up a business in The US compared to other parts of the world.
Aubrey,从文化角度来看,你怎么看这一点?
What do you think about that, Aubrey, in terms of the cultural piece?
当你在欧洲学习时,你观察到人们对这些事情的态度是怎样的?
Like when you studied in Europe, what did you see around attitudes?
是的,我非常同意。
Yeah, I agree very much.
我对来自英国的人很感兴趣。
I'm very curious about someone from England.
如果他们看美国人,会不会觉得我们愚蠢又天真,因为我们没有那种冷静的认知——即,事情可能不会如你所愿发展。
If they look at Americans and see us as foolish and naive because we don't have that stoicism of knowing, okay, this maybe is not going to work out the way you expect.
但这是事实。
But it's true.
我大多数来自美国的朋友也都有一种‘无所不能’的态度,觉得自己无所不能。
Most of my friends from The United States also have sort of this can do attitude of like, I'm invincible.
没有什么是我做不到的。
There's nothing I can't accomplish.
我很想知道,也许正是因为这个原因,许多公司、许多科技和媒体都来自美国,因为我们总是觉得,我们可以做任何想做的事。
And I love maybe there's a reason that a lot of companies, lot of technology, a lot of media does come from The United States because we are like, oh, we can do whatever we want.
我们当然能做到。
We, of course, can do that.
到目前为止确实如此。
It has until now.
我很想知道,美国在关于这种心态的文化叙事上会如何演变。
I wonder how The US will evolve culturally in terms of our narrative around this.
我曾经和查理·贝克就这个话题讨论过,也就是美国人的乐观精神,尤其是在商业领域。
I did have a conversation with Charlie Baker on this topic, this idea of the American optimism, especially in business.
朋友们,回去听听九月第一周我与查理·贝克的访谈。
Guys, go back to the first week in September and listen to my interview with Charlie Baker.
非常有趣的内容。
Super interesting stuff.
真有趣。
So interesting.
好的。
Okay.
让我们深入探讨一个非常相似的说法,那就是‘will do’。
Let's dive into a very similar thing you can say, which is will do.
好的。
Okay.
所以当你说到‘can do’时,它的含义是相同的。
So when you say can do, this has the same meaning.
Will do。
Will do.
它的意思是‘我会去做那件事’。
It means I will do that.
是的。
Yes.
所以唯一的区别是 'can' 更像是‘我能够’。
So the only difference is can is more like, I am able to.
我有这个能力。
I have the capacity.
而 'will do' 表示‘我会做那件事’。
And will do is saying, I am going to do that.
我会做那件事。
I will do that.
对吧?
Right?
所以这是一个非常非常细微的差别。
So very, very subtle nuance difference.
我们平时基本上可以互换使用。
We use them pretty interchangeably.
是的。
Mhmm.
是的。
Yeah.
这太常见了。
And this is so common.
我的意思是,就在上周,我和我兄弟在加利福尼亚。
I mean, I think just last week, I was in California with my brother.
我们在处理一些家庭事务。
We were doing some family stuff.
我想有一次,你知道,我说了,你能做这个吗?
And I think once I I, you know, I said, you know, can you do this?
你能处理一下这些文件吗?
Can you take care of this paperwork?
他回答说:没问题。
And he said, will do.
搞定。
Boom.
这就是整条短信的内容,朋友们。
That was the entire text message, guys.
所以它完全可以很地道、很自然。
So it can be very native and natural.
而且作为这条短信的接收者,我也能感受到他真的明白了。
And it's also good for me as the receiver of that text to feel that as a he's he's got it.
他明白了。
He's got it.
对吧?
Right?
完全正确。
Totally.
太有趣了。
So interesting.
就像我之前说的,你不能说‘will do’这种态度,尽管它们意思相同,因为这是一个我们耳熟能详的固定表达。
And like I was saying, you can't say will do attitude even though they would mean the same thing because it's an expression we hear it word for word.
所以那里要小心。
So be careful there.
不过你不能这么说,这感觉很奇怪,对吧?
It's weird that you can't say that though, right?
英语真奇怪,奥布里。
English is weird, Aubrey.
我的意思是,我可以说‘can do attitude’,但不能说‘will do attitude’。
I mean, I can't I can say can do attitude, but I can't say will do attitude.
真奇怪。
Strange.
是的。
Yeah.
这就是我们平时听惯了的,对吧?
That's what we're used to hearing, right?
没错。
Yep.
好的,奥布里。
Okay, Aubrey.
有没有更正式一点的替代说法?
Are there any alternatives that are a little bit more formal?
你会怎么说?
What would you say?
是的。
Yeah.
当然了。
For sure.
对吧?
Right?
这非常随意。
This is super informal.
我们经常这么用。
We use them all the time.
但为了快速回应,更正式的表达方式是:我能够做到这一点。
But to be quick, right, to respond quickly, The alternatives that are quite formal would be, I will be able to do that.
我可以做到。
I can do that.
我会做到。
I will do that.
而且这些表达非常正式。
And they are so formal.
我通常只在非常正式的场合使用它们,比如与未曾见过面或没有建立默契的客户交流,或用于正式文书。
I would use them mostly for very formal scenarios, maybe with a client you haven't met or don't have a rapport with or formal writing.
除此之外,我强烈推荐使用‘可以’或‘会’。
Other than that, I definitely recommend can do or will do.
是的。
Yeah.
我的意思是,我能够做到这一点。
I mean, I will be able to do that.
想想你的舌头要说这句话得有多累。
Think about how much work your tongue has to do to say that.
天啊,我都累坏了。
Oh my god, I'm exhausted.
我再也做不了播客了。
I can't podcast anymore.
实在太费劲了。
It's just too much.
我也喜欢说:我很乐意做这件事。
I also like to say, I'd be happy to do that.
这是我通常会选用的说法。
That's the one that I would tend to go towards.
它增添了一点情感,但同时也表达了你愿意做并且会去做。
It's adding a bit of emotion, but it's saying you want to do it and you will do it.
是的。
Yes.
哦,我超喜欢这个。
Oh, I love that.
我觉得,你觉得呢,林赛?
I feel like, what do you think, Lindsey?
就像你所说的,加入情感。
It's like you said, adding emotion.
如果我说‘我很乐意做这件事’,几乎像是他们会觉得我不情愿。
If I would say, I would be happy to do that, it's almost like I think they might think I wouldn't.
所以我想要让他们安心。
And so I want to reassure them.
这里面有一种安心的意味,不仅我会做,而且我很乐意。
There's some reassurance there that not only will I do that, but I'm happy
去做,我很乐意做,我的意思是,我们可以另找一天再聊‘我很乐意’,我很乐意做这件事。
to do I'd be happy to Yeah, I mean, can do another episode another day about I'd be happy, I am happy to do that.
这些都是非常友好且不错的方式。
These are all really good friendly ways.
关键在这里,各位,连接技巧,奥布里,我认为是让对方觉得可以依赖你。
The key here, guys, the connection skill, Aubrey, I think is making the person feel that they can count on you.
对吧?
Right?
完全正确。
Totally.
我同意。
I agree.
太棒了。
Awesome.
是的。
Yes.
我们有时间做个角色扮演吗?
Do we have time for a little role play?
哦,有时间的。
Oh, yeah, we have time.
我们开始吧。
Let's do it.
奥布里,这个角色扮演我们要做什么?
What are we doing here, Aubrey, for this role play?
好的。
Okay.
所以你和我正在策划一个活动。
So you and I are planning an event.
而且,我们需要聊聊我们是否完成了一些职责。
And, we got to talk a little bit about if we've accomplished some of our roles.
我来开头。
I'll start us out.
好的,我们开始吧。
Okay, here we go.
你能打电话给所有报名要带东西的人,提醒他们一下吗?
Can you call everyone who signed up to bring something and remind them?
没问题。
Can do.
你订好场地了吗?
You made the reservation at the venue?
哦,我忘了。
Oh, I forgot.
马上办。
Will do.
你能去取一下花吗?
Can you also pick up the flowers?
没问题。
No problem.
谢谢你这么积极主动。
Thanks for having such a can do attitude.
我喜欢这样。
I love it.
你喜欢策划活动吗,奥布里?
Do you like event planning, Aubrey?
就是这类事情。
That kind of thing.
还是说这会让你压力很大?
Or would that stress you out?
如果你要组织一场大型会议,你会有什么感觉?
If you had to organize a big conference, how would you feel?
我不喜欢。
I don't like it.
这不会让我有压力。
It wouldn't stress me out.
我只是不喜欢那些琐碎的细节。
I just don't love minutiae.
策划活动时总有很多小细节需要处理,对吧?
There's always a lot of small details that you have to figure out when event planning, right?
天哪,是的。
Oh my gosh, yes.
我不想费心去想这些事。
That I don't want to have to think about.
我知道我会忘记某些事情。
I know that I would forget something.
在策划派对之类的事情时,我可能没那么注重细节。
Maybe not as detail oriented when it comes to planning parties and things.
我有个朋友负责所有装饰。
Have a friend who does all the decorations.
她可是全力以赴。
She goes all out.
然后我刚办了双胞胎的生日派对,结果就是:这儿有个蛋糕。
And then I just had the twins birthday party and it was like, here's a cake.
没有任何装饰。
There's no decoration.
没有气球。
No balloons.
没有小丑。
No clowns.
没有任何乐趣。
Nothing like fun.
没有。
No.
他们只是孩子。
They're kids.
他们不需要这些东西。
They don't need any of that stuff.
只要一个蛋糕。
Just a cake.
我会说蛋糕很重要。
I will say cake is important.
所以蛋糕是一样,但他们一直在游泳。
So one thing cake, but they they were swimming.
孩子们,我觉得即使我们有全世界所有的装饰品,他们也不会注意到,也不会在意。
The kids, I think even if we had all the decorations in the world, they wouldn't have noticed they wouldn't have cared.
我不打算
I'm not doing
这太有趣了。
It's so funny.
我的意思是,当我的侄女还小的时候,我记得我们为圣诞节准备了所有这些精美的礼物,但到了一天结束时,她却在玩纸箱。
I mean, you know, when my niece was young, I remember we'd bring all these fancy presents for Christmas, and she ended up at the end of the day playing with the cardboard box.
对吧?
Right?
那
That
进来了。
came in.
我们有个特别大的盒子,比如冰箱盒或电视盒,他们会玩上好几天。
What do we the specially big box like a refrigerator box or a TV, they will play with it for days.
哦,他们不需要那些花哨的东西,对吧?
Oh, they don't need the fancy things, right?
我喜欢这个。
I love it.
太好了。
So good.
让我们为听众模拟一下这个角色扮演,帮助他们理解我们今天希望他们带走的核心要点,以便在听完后就能运用。
So let's go through this role play for our listeners and just understand what we want them to take away today to be able to use by the time we finish listening.
是的?
Yeah?
是的,没错。
Yes, exactly.
所以你第一个用的是‘can do’。
So the first one you used was can do.
我让你去打电话。
I was asking you to call people.
你当然可以说‘好的,马上办’。
You for sure could say, will do here.
好的,马上办。
Will do.
你已经订好了。
You made the reservation.
对吧?
Right?
好的,马上办,能搞定。
Will do, can do.
在那里基本上可以互换使用。
Pretty interchangeable there.
你只是在说,你能做到。
You're just saying, you can do it.
你会去做的。
You're going to do it.
是的。
Yeah.
作为给听众的额外福利,朋友们,如果你有这个应用,就能看到文字稿。
And just as a bonus for our listeners, guys, if you have the app, you'll be able to see the transcript.
但有趣的是,你只是通过加一个问号来提问,而不是构造一个完整的问题。
But it's interesting how you ask the question just by putting a question mark, not by forming a question.
对吧?
Right?
你刚才说你在场地订了预约。
You just said you made the reservation at the venue.
对吧?
Right?
你并没有说:‘你是在场地订了预约吗?’
You didn't say, did you make the reservation at the venue?
展开剩余字幕(还有 134 条)
这很有趣。
That's interesting.
确实如此。
It is.
是真的。
It's true.
对于母语者来说,这样做要常见得多。
And this is much more likely for a native speaker to do that.
我们经常简化问题以节省时间。
We often shorten questions to save time.
哦,是的。
Oh, yeah.
正式写作中不要这样用,但在非正式口语中可以。
Don't use this in formal writing, but in informal colloquial speech.
当然。
Absolutely.
你已经在场地预订了。
You made the reservation at the venue.
是的,我喜欢这样。
Yeah, I love that.
这完全可以成为我们给听众的另一集内容,讲讲教科书里没有的、创造性的提问方式。
That could be a whole other episode for our listeners here is creative ways to form a question that are not in your textbook.
太棒了。
So good.
好的。
Okay.
所以我当时说,哦,我忘了。
So then I said, oh, I forgot.
我会做的。
Will do.
所以你是说你没做那件事。
So you're saying you didn't do that.
你实际上并没有预订。
You actually didn't make the reservation.
对吧?
Right?
没错。
Exactly.
现在你要去订了。
Now you're going to.
我忘了做这件事。
I had forgotten to do it.
所以我才说,好的,我会去办。
So I say, will do.
意思是,我会去做这件事。
Meaning, I will do that.
是的。
Yeah.
场地是你必须首先处理的事情。
The venue is the first thing you gotta take care of.
哦,赶紧去办。
Oh, get on that.
你还没有场地。
You don't have a venue.
你还没有活动。
You don't have an event.
我刚参加完播客大会回来。
I just came back from the podcast conference.
成千上万的人聚集在一家大酒店里。
Thousands of people in one big hotel.
我的意思是,策划那样一场活动需要多少细节啊。
I mean, all the details that must have gone into planning that event.
我简直无法想象。
I can't imagine.
我无法想象。
I can't imagine.
我不想规划,我可不接这个任务。
I do not want to plan that I'm not signing up for that task.
不。
No.
绝对不行。
Absolutely not.
然后呢,奥布里?
And then what, Aubrey?
然后我说,谢谢你有这么积极的态度。
And then I said, thanks for having such a can do attitude.
你们大概能从我的语气中听出来,我有点开玩笑的意思。
And you guys probably heard in my tone, I was a little playful.
对吧?
Right?
就像你之前说你会做某事,而我们确实也这么做了。
It's like you've said you'd do something and we do kind of do this.
我们会说:谢谢你有这么积极的态度。
We'd be like, Oh, thanks for having such a can do attitude.
是的。
Yeah.
我的意思是,我也在想,这种态度会不会在不同行业之间有所不同?
Mean, you know, I also wonder if this attitude kind of varies across industries.
比如,如果你在会计行业,你也会有同样的看法吗?
You know, like if you're in accounting, do you have that same perspective?
任何事情都是可能的。
Anything's possible.
或者法律行业,实际上那是一个例子。
Or law, actually, that's one area.
也许我们的一些听众从事法律工作,因为律师的职责是找出你的责任所在。
Maybe some of our listeners who are in law, because a lawyer's job is to find your liabilities.
想象一下这些情景。
Imagine those scenarios.
你觉得呢,奥布里?
What do you think, Aubrey?
我希望有个积极主动的律师。
I want a lawyer that has a can do attitude.
我不确定我是否会犯罪。
Don't know if I do crime.
我希望他们能
Want them to
就像说:我能帮你脱身。
be like, I can get you out of this.
有个辩护律师
Have defense lawyer
当然。
for sure.
一位辩护律师。
A defense lawyer.
是的,我的意思是,你
Yeah, I mean that you
并没有直接去找辩护律师林赛。
didn't automatically go to defense lawyer Lindsey.
不,我没有想过犯罪,但你有,因为你经常听真实犯罪案件。
No, I did not think about committing a crime, but you did because you listen to a lot of true crime.
我知道。
I know.
我其实想过合同的事。
I thought about contracts, actually.
在这种情况下,我不想要一个有执行力的律师。
And in that case, I want I don't want a can do lawyer.
我想要一个能设想所有可能情况并保护我免受其害的人。
I want someone imagining all the scenarios and protecting me from those.
对。
Right.
在决定进入哪个行业之前,了解自己是很有趣的,因为我认为你说得对,一个具有积极行动态度的人,如果成为会计,面对这么多规则时可能会感到沮丧。
It's interesting to think about you want to know yourself before you decide what industry you're going into because I think you're absolutely right that someone who has a can do attitude might be frustrated as an accountant that's coming up against all these rules.
不,不行,你不能那样做。
No, no, you can't do that.
是的,这确实很有趣。
Yeah, that's really interesting, actually.
什么样的行业?我们怎样才能确保选择一个符合我们个性和天性的行业呢?
What kind of industry how can we make sure we choose the industry that fits our personality, our natural?
因为当我们身处那样的环境中时,比如我在All Ears English工作,感觉非常好。
Because when we're working in that space, like I think we are at All Ears English, it feels amazing.
感觉非常开阔。
It feels expansive.
是的。
Yeah.
我想知道这会不会影响你的个性。
And I wonder if it affects your personality.
比如,如果你做了四十年的会计,也许你一开始是有积极态度的,但后来这种态度被磨没了。
Like if you're an accountant for forty years, maybe you started with a can do attitude and then it goes like it's beat out of you.
是的。
Yeah.
别误会,各位。
Don't get us wrong, guys.
我们并不了解会计工作。
We don't know accounting.
也许外面真的有会计。
Maybe there are accountants out there.
告诉我们吧。
Let us know.
证明给我们看吧,给我发封邮件,问问我们关于这方面的问题。
Prove us You know, write us an email and, you know, ask us any questions around that.
太好了。
So good.
奥布里,我们今天的收获是什么?
Aubrey, what's our takeaway for today?
是的。
Yeah.
所以在英语学习方面,你绝对需要这种‘能做到’的态度,相信自己有能力在开始之前不放弃。
So when it comes to English learning, you definitely want that can do attitude to know that you're capable to not give up before you start.
我觉得这一点对于语言学习者、对于语言学习本身至关重要。
Think that's so vital to think about this regarding your language learner, your language learning.
对。
Yes.
而且,今天的这些表达方式都非常地道自然。
And, you know, today's expressions, they're just so native and natural.
这是与同事、朋友,或者不太熟悉的人交流的好方式,能让你更自然地与他人建立联系。
This is a great way to speak with friends at work or coworkers that you don't know as well, right, to connect with others, to speak more natively.
是的。
Yeah.
确实如此。
It's so true.
我的意思是,现实取决于我们的看法。
I mean, reality is how we see it.
对吧?
Right?
我们每个人戴着不同颜色的眼镜,取决于我们是谁。
We we wear our different colored glasses, right, depending on who we are.
你知道吗?历史上所有重大创新,都是在某个人出现并说‘这可以实现’之后才出现的。
And, you know, all the big innovations throughout history, those didn't exist before that person came and said this can exist.
想想这一点,朋友们。
Think about that, guys.
从这一点中获得启发。
Be inspired by that.
这激励了我。
It inspires me.
我非常喜欢。
I love it.
是的,我也一样。
Yes, me too.
当然。
For sure.
我非常喜欢。
I love it.
尤其是在语言学习方面。
Especially with language learning.
我们必须相信自己能做到,这样才能有信心,并愿意付出努力,相信最终会有回报。
We've to believe we can do it in order to have confidence and be willing to put in the effort to know we'll be rewarded on the other side.
这太对了。
It's so true.
就像塞雷娜·威廉姆斯那样,这是我最后要说的,她刚刚结束了自己职业生涯的最后一场比赛。
Like Serena Williams, that's the last thing I'm gonna say, but she just finished her last match of her career.
她有没有想过自己会拥有长达三十年、表现如此卓越的职业生涯?
Did she ever think she'd have a thirty year career where she just killed it?
你知道,她是网球史上最强的选手。
You know, she was the greatest of all time in tennis.
我的意思是,她必须相信这一切可能发生,但在她心里,她从未关闭任何一扇门。
I mean, you know, she had to believe it could happen, but she didn't in her mind, she didn't close any door.
她从没说这是不可能的。
She didn't say it's not possible.
对吧?
Right?
她全力以赴了。
She went for it.
太棒了。
So good.
是的。
Yes.
当然。
For sure.
哦,太棒了。
Oh, so good.
这太棒了,各位。
This is awesome, you guys.
谢谢你们今天和我一起录制,林赛。
Thanks for recording with me today, Lindsay.
当然。
Of course.
一如既往,奥布里,我很快就会再见到大家。
As always, Aubrey, and I'll see you very soon, guys.
关注All Ears English播客,并到YouTube上查看我们,因为今天的节目已经发布在我们的YouTube频道上。
Hit follow on the All Ears English Podcast and come check us out on YouTube because today's episode is on our YouTube channel.
很棒的东西。
Good stuff.
太棒了。
Awesome.
下次见。
See you next time.
好的,奥布里。
Alright, Aubrey.
保重。
Take care.
再见。
Bye.
你也是。
You too.
再见。
Bye.
感谢收听All Ears English。
Thanks for listening to All Ears English.
你想知道自己的英语水平吗?
Would you like to know your English level?
来做我们的两分钟小测验吧。
Take our two minute quiz.
前往 allearsenglish.com/fluency-score。
Go to allearsenglish.com forward slash fluency score.
如果你相信连接胜过完美,那就现在点击订阅,确保不错过任何内容。
And if you believe in connection not perfection, then hit subscribe now to make sure you don't miss anything.
下次见。
See you next time.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。