本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
这是All Ears English播客第2555期:用英语化解紧张局面的五个步骤。
This is an All Ears English podcast episode twenty five fifty, five steps to deescalate in English.
欢迎收听All Ears English播客,本节目已下载超过两亿次。
Welcome to the All Ears English podcast downloaded more than 200,000,000 times.
你是否在英语学习中感到停滞不前?
Are you feeling stuck with your English?
我们将教你如何通过注重交流而非完美来变得自信流利,由美国主持人Aubrey Carter、雅思达人Lindsey McMahon以及英语冒险家共同为你带来,他们来自美国亚利桑那州和科罗拉多州。
We'll show you how to become fearless and fluent by focusing on connection, not perfection with your American host, Aubrey Carter, the IELTS whiz, and Lindsey McMahon, the English adventurer, coming to you from Arizona and Colorado, USA.
如需每周通过电子邮件接收文字稿,请访问allearsenglish.com/subscribe。
And to get your transcripts delivered by email every week, go to allearsenglish.com forward slash subscribe.
当有人情绪激动时,你可以说些什么?
What can you say when someone is riled up?
今天,学习用英语化解压力情境的五个步骤。
Today, learn five steps to deescalate a stressful situation in English.
你是否经常遇到这样的情况:你清楚自己想说什么,但那一刻却想不起所需的英语词汇?
Do you often end up in situations where you know exactly what you want to say, but you don't have the English vocabulary words that you need in that moment?
要学好英语,你需要掌握更细腻的英语词汇。
To succeed in English, you need nuanced English vocabulary.
但首先,你需要了解自己的英语水平。
But first, you need to know your English level.
参加我们的免费英语水平测试,看看你是B1、B2还是C1水平。
Take our free English level quiz to find out if you are b one, b two, or c one.
前往 allearsenglish.com/fluencyscore。
Go to allearsenglish.com/fluencyscore.
那就是 allearsenglish.com/fluencyscore。
That's allearsenglish.com/fluencyscore.
嘿,Aubrey。
Hey, Aubrey.
最近怎么样?
How's it going?
我很好。
I'm great.
林赛,你最近怎么样?
Lindsey, how are you doing?
还不错。
Good.
奥布里,你有没有遇到过某人情绪非常激动,而你不得不去缓和局势的情况?
Aubrey, have you ever been around someone that was really riled up and you had to deescalate the situation?
这种事曾经发生在你身上吗?
Has that ever happened to you?
有。
Yes.
我觉得我之前在这里讲过这个故事,说的是我在机场时,有人因为我的朋友在窗户上刮油漆而非常生气。
I feel like I've told this story here about when I was at an airport and someone was really mad that my friend had been peeling the paint on the window.
我想我讲过。
And I think I did.
我用了几句表达试图缓和局势,但还是得叫保安过来。
I sort of used a couple of phrases to try and de escalate, to try and get she's still the security had to come over.
这种情况并不常发生,但偶尔也会有人变得非常生气。
Was an It doesn't happen very often, but every now and then someone can get really angry.
我也认为机场是这种情绪容易爆发的地方。
Well, I would also say airports are a hot button place for that.
如果有人的航班延误或取消了,他们本来就很沮丧,可能会把气撒在别人身上。
If someone's had flights delayed or cancelled, they're upset about other things and maybe taking it out on someone else.
是的,你必须在机场特别小心,尤其是在登机时,把行李放上去的时候。
Yeah, you have to be really careful in airports, especially or boarding a plane, you know, putting your suitcase up there.
只是不小心碰到了别人,天哪。
It's just accidentally bump someone or my god.
什么。
What
现在的人动不动就发火,对吧?
These days people just go off, right?
他们真的会突然爆发。
They just go off.
但今天的这一集完全围绕这个话题展开。
But today's episode is all about this.
你知道吗,我们该如何降低紧张气氛呢?
You know, how can we de escalate the temperature?
这来自一位叫真一的问题,对吧?
This comes from a question from Makoto, right?
这是我们学生真一经历的一个情况。
A situation that our student Makoto was in.
奥布里,你能跟我们讲讲这个吗?
Aubrey, can you tell us about this?
是的。
Yes.
这真的很有意思。
So this was really interesting.
他在开放对话俱乐部提出了这个问题。
He asked about this at Open Conversation Club.
他是一名篮球裁判,他说自己在球员情绪激动时很难知道该说什么。
He is a basketball referee and he was saying he has difficulty knowing what to say when players get really riled up.
比如,当他判罚犯规时,球员可能会大喊:‘我没碰他!’
Like if he calls a foul, they might yell, I didn't touch him.
而裁判无论说什么,他们往往都会更加生气或情绪化。
And then often anything a ref could say, they just get more angry or more emotional.
所以这很有趣。
So it was interesting.
我们对此进行了一次非常有趣的讨论,发现裁判们通常只能说‘就是这样’,然后走开,根本无法深入交流。
We had a really interesting chat about it and how often referees just have to say, that's the way it is and walk away and they can't really engage.
但对我们普通人来说,如果遇到类似情况,有人情绪激动,也就是非常愤怒或情绪化时,我们需要一些话术来缓和局势,无论是在工作中还是日常生活中。
But for the rest of us in regular life, if this happens and someone's riled up, meaning they're very emotional or angry, we need phrases to de escalate the situation, whether this is happening at work or in our daily lives.
我们都看过那些TikTok视频,有人变得极度愤怒,而周围所有人却只是开始拍摄他。
All of us have seen those TikTok videos where someone's getting so angry and everyone just starts filming them.
哦,我讨厌这种只顾拍摄的文化,太糟糕了。
Oh, I hate that culture of just filming It's terrible.
每个人一看到就拿出手机开始拍摄,这太令人反感了。
It's so revolting that everyone just takes their phone and starts filming.
太恶心了。
It's gross.
对吧?
Right?
然后,当他们看到越来越多的手机在拍摄自己时,可能会变得越来越生气。
And then someone probably just gets angrier and angrier the more phones they see filming them.
当然。
Of course.
当然,没人想被拍下来。
Of course, no one wants to be on film.
但确实如此。
But yeah.
但事实是我们不可能总是选择离开。
But the truth is we can't always just walk away.
所以我们确实需要这些技能。
So we do need these skills.
所以这里实际上是在进行冲突管理。
So it's kind of conflict management going on here.
对吧?
Right?
不可能总是从这种情况中抽身离开。
Can't always just walk away from the situation.
所以,朋友们,点个关注吧。
So, guys, hit the follow button.
我们涵盖英语的方方面面和所有细微差别,你不想错过《All Ears English》的任何一集。
We are covering all aspects, all nuances of English, and you don't want to miss a single episode of All Ears English.
所以,无论你在哪个平台收听,都点个关注吧。
So hit follow wherever you listen.
或者,如果你更喜欢今年在YouTube上关注我们,我们大多数节目都是以视频形式录制的。
Or if you prefer this year to check us out on YouTube, we record on video most of these episodes.
所以,如果你更擅长通过视觉学习,请前往我们的YouTube频道All Ears English并点击订阅按钮。
So if you learn better visually, go and hit the subscribe button on our YouTube channel for All Ears English.
是的,完全正确。
Yes, absolutely.
而且,Lindsay,你说得对,当你在意这段关系时,无论是同事、朋友还是家人,你都不想直接离开。
And you're exactly right, Lindsay, that when you do care about the connection, maybe it's a coworker, a friend or a family member, you don't want to just walk away.
你需要这些策略来缓和局势。
Need these strategies to de escalate.
你需要一些能说的措辞,试着解决问题。
You need the phrases that you could say to try and resolve the issue.
没错。
Exactly.
所以,我们把这些内容归为几类我们可能想做的事情。
So, we're putting this into a couple of buckets of things we might want to do.
今天的第一类是认可感受。
And the first bucket today is acknowledging feelings.
当然,这不只是针对孩子的,对吧?
Of course, it's not just for children, right?
所有人类都需要
All human beings need to have
他们的感受被认可。
their feelings acknowledged.
没错,对吧?
Absolutely, right?
令人惊讶的是,如果他们觉得自己的感受得到了确认,有人理解他们为什么生气,这可能会立刻让对方平静下来,对吧?
And it's amazing how that might just immediately calm someone down if they feel like their feelings are being validated, that someone else understands why they're upset, right?
所以,你可以说类似这样的话:我理解你很生气。
So, you might just say something like, I understand that you're upset.
这仅仅是在确认他们的情绪,而不一定表示同意。
And this just validates their emotions without even agreeing necessarily.
我理解你很生气,或者我理解你为什么生气,对吧?
I understand that you're upset or I understand why you're upset, right?
两种说法都可以。
Both would work.
或者我能理解你为什么会这么想。
Or I can see why you'd feel that way.
我们这里用的是 'you would'。
And we're using the you would.
你会。
You'd.
能理解你为什么会这么感觉。
Can see why you'd feel that way.
这展现了同理心。
Shows empathy.
它能缓解防御心理或愤怒,对吧?
It can calm defensiveness or anger, right?
只是有一个人承认他们不是疯了,对吧?
Just to have one person acknowledging that they're not crazy, right?
他们所说的是有道理的,或者是有理由的。
That what they're saying makes sense or is justified.
或者这对你来说很重要,对吧?
Or it sounds like this is important to you, right?
所以,是的,这符合人的价值观,而且能在一定程度上超越他们的愤怒,对吧?
So, yeah, that appeals to the person's values and it kind of looks past their rage, right?
它关注的是认可他们的观点,而不是冲突本身。
It focuses on validating their perspective rather than the conflict.
它在一定程度上将焦点从冲突转移到了我们作为人的层面。
It sort of takes the focus off the conflict and puts it on us as people.
比如,我理解你的观点。
Like, I understand your perspective.
我感觉,如果我们听众中有人从事客服甚至零售等行业,他们可能接受过这方面的培训。
And I have a feeling if any of our listeners work in really probably anything like customer service or even retail, they may have been trained in some of this.
对吧?
Right?
尤其是现在,拥有这些应对客户极度不满时的缓和语句非常重要。
Especially nowadays to have these phrases to how to de escalate in a situation where a customer is really upset.
没错。
Exactly.
尤其是如果你是主管或经理,因为很多员工的第一反应通常是叫主管来处理。
Especially if you're a supervisor or a manager, because often a lot of employees, their first step would just be to pull over a supervisor.
但如果你是经理,你就需要这些技巧和语句来化解冲突。
But if you are the manager, you need these skills and these phrases to de escalate.
是的。
Yes.
好的,这是第一类。
Okay, so that's the first bucket.
第一类再次是确认情绪。
The first bucket again was acknowledging feelings.
第二类呢,我们还应该做什么?
And then number two, what else should we do?
第二点是表现出愿意倾听。
Number two is to show a willingness to listen.
这一点很有趣,因为我们的情绪也可能在上升。
This is where it's interesting because we also, our emotions might be rising as well.
我们可能会变得不耐烦或沮丧。
We might be getting impatient or frustrated.
所以这真的很有挑战性。
And so this is really tricky.
如果我们真的重视这段关系,就会愿意听他们的一面,并希望展现出这一点。
Like if we really care about the connection, we will be willing to hear their side and we want to show that.
例如,你可以说:我们花点时间谈谈这件事吧。
So for example, you could say, Let's take a moment to talk about this.
邀请他们对话,努力避免对抗。
Invite that conversation and try to move away from confrontation.
或者帮我理解你的观点。
Or help me understand your point
的看法。
of view.
这感觉非常有合作性。
This feels very collaborative.
当我们这样说的时候,感觉非常平和。
It feels quite peaceful when we say this.
所以,你只是在鼓励他们分享那一刻内心的想法。
So, you're just encouraging them to share what's going on in their minds in that moment.
没错。
Exactly.
或者,我想听听你在想什么,对吧?
Or I want to hear what you're thinking, right?
这无疑会表明你愿意就此事进行对话。
This would definitely signal that you're open to a conversation about it.
这些技巧的难点在于,你无法假装。
The tricky thing with these is you can't fake this.
如果别人察觉到你不是真心的,你感到沮丧、不耐烦,只是在敷衍了事,他们是能看出来的,对吧?
Someone will be able to tell if you don't mean it, if you're insincere, you're frustrated, you're impatient and you're just saying this, right?
当你处于试图缓和局势的情况时,你真的需要发自内心地愿意去倾听。
You really need to truly be willing to listen when you're in this situation where you're trying to de escalate.
否则,只会让他们更加生气。
Otherwise, it'll just make them more angry.
如果你自己也在升级冲突,你根本说不出这些话。
I don't think you could even say these phrases if you're also escalating.
有时候我们会模仿对方,结果也以同样的方式升级冲突。
Sometimes we mirror the person and we escalate in that same way.
我觉得你根本说不出这些话。
I don't think you could even say these.
你知道我说的是什么意思吗?
You know what mean?
没错。
That's true.
你可能需要跳到第四点。
You might need to skip to number four.
我们会说到的。
We'll get there.
因为有时候你需要一些时间冷静下来,才能使用这类表达。
Because sometimes you need time to cool down before you could use these types of phrases.
是的。
Yeah.
与此同时,我们来谈第三点,使用缓和性陈述。
And in the meantime, let's hit number three, use softening statements.
那么,什么是缓和性陈述呢,奥布里?
So, what does that mean, a softening statement, Aubrey?
对,就是能减少防御心理、促进合作的表达,对吧?
Yeah, something that will help reduce defensiveness, invite collaboration, right?
比如,我可能不对,但这就是我的看法。
So, for example, I might be wrong, but here's how I see it.
所以,与其直接说,你知道的,我认为情况就是这样,对吧?
So, instead of going very direct with, you know, this is what I think is the case, right?
我会用一种更委婉的方式说,比如:我可能在这方面错了,但你有没有考虑过这个?
I'm softening that by saying like, I could be wrong about this, but have you considered this?
这就是我的看法。
This is how I see it.
你是在缓和语气,缓和它。
You're softening Softening it.
你也可以通过说‘我理解你的观点’来缓和语气。
And you could also soften by saying, I see your point.
也许我们可以一起找到一个解决方案。
Maybe we can find a solution together.
好的。
Okay.
所以,我们现在把重点从指责转向了解决问题。
So, here we're moving the focus from blame to problem solving.
我喜欢这一点。
And I like that.
我喜欢这种导向:嘿,我们一起解决这个问题。
I like that orientation of, hey, let's figure this out together.
没错。
Exactly.
因为想象一下,如果你一直停留在指责上,每个人都只是互相指责,情况就会不断升级,对吧?
Because imagine if you stay in blame, if everyone's just blaming and getting then it escalates, escalates, right?
所以当你开始把焦点从冲突转移到解决问题、转向建设性对话时,常常借助这些缓和性的表达,这是帮助对方平复情绪的最佳方式。
So when you start trying to take the focus away from the conflict toward problem solving, toward constructive dialogue, often with these softening statements, that's the best way to help someone bring their emotions down.
是的,另一种很好的说法是:我们一起来找出最好的前进方向。
Yeah, then another good way to say that would be let's figure out the best way forward.
这是一种向前推进的动力。
This is forward moving momentum.
这暗示了解决方案,对吧?
This is implying a solution, right?
这并不是过多地沉溺于问题中。
It's not wallowing in the problem as much.
对,而且这是协作的,对吧?
Right, and it's collaborative, right?
让我们一起解决这个问题。
Let's figure this out together.
我不是单纯告诉你我认为解决方案是什么。
I'm not just telling you what I think the solution is.
我是在邀请你进行一场对话,我们一起找出解决办法。
I'm inviting you to a dialogue where we figure it out together.
是的。
Yeah.
但有时候你就是火气很大,奥布里。
But sometimes you're just breathing fire, Aubrey.
所以,你可能只是需要一些时间冷静一下。
So, you might just need to take some time to cool down.
在你冷静下来、获得一些视角之前,你不可能使用这些话术。
You cannot possibly use these phrases until you cool down and get some perspective.
对。
Right.
你可能需要一句能表达出来的话,而不是直接走开,让他们愤怒地追过来。
And you might need a phrase to share rather than just walking away and maybe they'll come after you angrily.
你需要一句话让他们知道,你需要暂时离开一下。
You need a phrase to let them know that you need to step away.
比如,你可以说:我们先短暂休息一下,然后再回来讨论,对吧?
So, example, you could say, Let's take a short break and come back to this, right?
这可以防止情况升级,尤其是在情绪高涨的时候。
It prevents something from escalating, especially if emotions are high.
只是说一句,承认你自己也需要短暂休息一下。
Just saying, acknowledging that you also need a short break.
好的。
Yeah.
或者你可以这么说:我觉得我们都需要一点时间冷静一下。
Or you could say, I think we both need a moment to calm down.
不过这个说法要小心,因为你如果暗示对方行为失当,可能会进一步激怒他们。
Now this one, be careful with this because you could further enrage the person if you imply that they're out of line.
对吧?
Right?
是的,这有点棘手,因为你试图承认双方都需要时间。
Yeah, this is tricky because like you're trying to acknowledge that both sides need time.
但如果对方可能觉得:我不需要时间呢?
But if there's a chance the other person would be like, I don't need time.
你完全可以只谈自己的感受。
You could just say this about yourself.
你可以说:我觉得我需要一点时间冷静一下。
You just say, you know, I think I need a moment to calm down.
所以,我先退一步,我们几分钟后再谈这件事。
So, I'm just going to step back and we could talk about this in a few minutes.
是的,正是如此。
Yeah, exactly.
然后我们已经大致谈到了协作的部分,对吧?
And then we already kind of touched on the collaboration piece, right?
但还有一些其他我们可以表达的内容。
But there's a couple other things that we could say.
我们该如何解决这个问题?
How can we work this out?
那除此之外呢,奥布里?
And then what else Aubrey?
或者怎样做才能让你对这件事感觉好一些?
Or what would help you feel better about this?
这些也都是你在试图找到解决方案,弄清楚发生了什么。
And these are also like you maybe are trying to come up with a solution, trying to figure out what happened.
如果你陷入僵局,这尤其适用于主管或经理。
And if you reach an impasse, this is especially for like a supervisor or manager.
就像是,我该怎么解决这个问题?
It's like, how can I fix the problem?
你需要一种方式来表达这一点,对吧?
And you need a way to say that, right?
我该怎么把它纠正过来?
How can I make it right?
有这么多说法,这么多词,这么多方法可以做到,Aubrey。
So many phrases, so many words, so many ways to do it, Aubrey.
对吧?
Right?
是的。
Yeah.
好的。
Okay.
那我们来做一个角色扮演,把这些方法付诸实践。
So let's do a role play, and we're gonna put these into action.
所以,奥布里,我们现在是两位司机。
So Aubrey, here we are two drivers.
我们的名字是萨姆和泰勒。
Our names are Sam and Taylor.
对吗?
Is that right?
是的。
Yes.
我们不能扮演他们,因为我要表现得有点脾气暴躁。
Can't be us because I'm gonna be maybe a little ornery.
得发挥我的演技,因为你撞了我,我非常生气。
Going have to put on my acting skills because you hit me and I'm very angry.
哦天哪,开始了。
Oh boy, here we go.
好吧,我们从车里出来,朝彼此走过去。
Okay, so we're getting out of the car, walking towards each other maybe.
没错。
Exactly.
我来开场。
I'll start us Here out.
我们开始吧。
We go.
看看我的保险杠。
Look at my bumper.
这都是你的错。
This is your fault.
你完全闯了红灯。
You totally ran that light.
哇,我能
Woah, I can
看得出你很生气。
see you're upset.
我没事。
I'm okay.
你没事吧?
Are you okay?
我觉得我没事。
I'm okay, I think.
但我的车,
But my car,
这太荒谬了。
this is ridiculous.
我明白。
I understand.
真的很抱歉发生了这件事。
I'm really sorry this happened.
我不该试图抢黄灯的。
I shouldn't have tried to make the light.
让我们冷静处理这件事,这样我们
Let's handle this calmly so we
可以解决这个问题。
can get it sorted.
这真是时候太糟了。
This is terrible timing.
我正要去接我的孩子。
I was on the way to pick up my kids.
对此我感到很抱歉。
I'm sorry about that.
我们交换一下保险信息,并拍下损坏的照片吧。
Let's let's exchange insurance information and take photos of the damage.
好的。
Okay.
这听起来不错。
That sounds good.
谢谢
Thank you
能保持冷静。
for staying calm.
我知道这很让人沮丧。
I know it's frustrating.
我们会一步步处理这个问题。
We'll handle this step by step.
好的。
Alright.
就这么办。
Let's do that.
好的。
Alright.
我刚撞了车,却这么冷静,是不是有点不正常?
I'm a little too calm for someone that just hit a car, right?
想想。
Think.
这本该只是一次轻微的追尾事故。
It's supposed to be just a minor fender bender.
所以,我可能反应过度了,对吧?
So, I'm probably overreacting, right?
或者都没人受伤。
Or neither are injured.
我的意思是,你可能只是轻轻碰了我一下。
Like, you just maybe barely bumped me.
即便如此,有时候人们还是会暴怒。
Even so, sometimes people are enraged.
也许他们之前一直在处理其他烦心事,对吧?
Maybe they've been dealing with other things, right?
所有压力一下子都爆发出来了。
And it's just all coming out.
嗯,问题是。
Well, the thing.
通常来说,别人在机场撞到你之类的时刻,并不是真正的原因。
It's usually not about that moment that someone bumps you in the airport or something.
真正的原因是他们生活中那些尚未处理的其他事情。
It's really about everything else they haven't dealt with in their lives.
我们有个谚语,叫‘压垮骆驼的最后一根稻草’。
We have this idiom, the straw that broke the camel's back.
意思是,那一点点最后的小事,才是让你爆发的导火索。
It means like the tiny little last thing that's what causes you
但如今,每个人似乎都处在那个临界点上,对吧?
But to these days everyone is just at the top of that, right?
看起来是这样。
Seems like.
我们都处在沸腾的状态中,是的,
We're all in a boiling Yeah,
好像是这样。
it seems like it.
所以,我们需要这些表达。
So, will need these phrases.
这里有什么特别需要回顾的吗,奥布里?
Anything to go over here specifically, Aubrey?
是的。
Yeah.
只是想指出我们使用的一些化解技巧。
To just point out some of these de escalation techniques that we used.
你做了一件非常聪明的事,就是带它去安全的地方。
So, you did something really smart where you took it to safety.
你就像说,你知道的,你还好吗?
You're like, you know, are you okay?
我没事。
I'm okay.
你没事吧?
Are you okay?
这让我意识到,也许我的车受损并不是最重要的事。
Then it kind of makes me realize like, okay, maybe the damage to my car isn't the most important thing.
我没事吧?
Am I all right?
我们都没事。
We're both okay.
这立刻让事情回到了人性的层面。
And that immediately takes it to the human level.
你回应时语气变了。
And your tone of voice changed when you responded to that.
你说,‘我没事,我想。’
You said, I'm okay, I think.
对吧?
Right?
所以这确实改变了气氛。
So that does shift the energy.
于是我们突然之间就不是在彼此对抗了。
And so all of a sudden we're not necessarily fighting against each other.
我们只是确保彼此身体安全。
We're making sure we're both physically safe.
是的。
Yeah.
这真的很有道理,对吧?
And this really makes sense, right?
如果你造成了事故,应该立刻问:你没事吧?
If you've caused an accident just to immediately, are you okay?
先确保没有人受伤,把这件事放在前面考虑。
Like make sure that no one's injured and worry about that ahead of time.
还要承认彼此的感受,对吧?
Also acknowledging feelings, right?
你说,我能看出你很沮丧。
You said, I can see that you're upset.
就像只是承认这一点,而不是忽视它,否则可能会让我更加生气。
Like just acknowledging that instead of dismissing, which would probably make me even more angry.
我喜欢这一点。
I love that.
我能看出你很沮丧。
I can see that you're upset.
那我们还剩下什么?
And then what else do we have?
我还说了别的吗?
Else did I say?
有什么特别的吗?
Anything specific?
所以你当时
So you were
承担责任?
owning responsibility?
说不应该试图闯红灯。
Said it shouldn't have tried to make the light.
对吧?
Right?
我觉得你是闯了红灯。
I'm like, you ran the light.
这是一种你会试图抢在变灯前通过的情况。
It's one of those where you'll try to get through it.
哦,我觉得我有时间,但别人却提前冲了。
Oh, I think I've got time and someone else goes a little early.
是的,你确实在承担责任,这在交通事故中很棘手。
Yeah, you are owning responsibility, which this is tricky with a traffic accident.
通常人们都不愿意这样做。
Often people don't want to do this.
他们不想承认责任,或者不确定自己是否有责任,但为了缓和局势,有时这样做是正确的。
They don't want to admit fault or maybe they're not sure if they are at fault, but in order to deescalate the situation, sometimes this could Right,
因为他们可能想向保险公司索赔,声称这不是他们的错。
because they probably, they want to claim on their insurance that it's not their fault,
对吧?
right?
这种情况很常见。
That happens.
如果是你的责任,你的保险费可能会上涨。
If it's your fault, your insurance probably goes up.
我不确定。
I don't know.
幸运的是,我从未经历过这种事。
Luckily, I've never been in one of these.
所以,是的,我不太清楚具体取决于什么。
So, Yeah, don't know exactly how it Depends
这取决于目击者的说法以及不同国家的法律规定。
on like what the witnesses say and what the like that depends on the laws in the different country.
通常来说,谁从后面撞了别人,即使对方突然刹停,那也是他们的责任。
Often it's like whoever hit someone from behind, even if the other person stopped short, you know, that's their
责任。
fault.
但同时,这种专注于解决方案的说法,比如你说我们交换保险信息并拍照。
But then also this phrase focusing on a solution, you know, you're saying let's exchange insurance information and take photos.
你是在推动事情向前进展。
Like you are moving toward next steps.
我们来解决这个问题,这有助于缓解情绪。
Let's solve this, which is going to de escalate the emotion of it.
是的。
Yes.
好的。
Okay.
我非常喜欢。
I love it.
所以最后,我说了,谢谢你保持冷静。
So and then then at the end, I said, thank you for staying calm.
我知道这很让人沮丧。
I know it's frustrating.
我们会一步步处理这个问题。
We'll handle this step by step.
这听起来更像是一个受过训练的管理者,而不是路上一个普通人;我觉得,如果我是造成事故的那个人,我不确定自己能否这么镇定。
It sounds a little bit more like like a manager who has been trained than a than a human being on the road that I feel like I'd be a little more like if I were the one that caused the accident, I don't know if I'd be that collected.
你明白我的意思吗?
Do you know what I mean?
也许不会吧,对吧?
Maybe not, right?
有点太冷静了。
A little too collected.
在理想世界中,特别是,想想如果对方突然暴怒、情绪失控,你会如何反应,这挺有意思的。
In the ideal world, especially, I don't know, it's interesting to think about how you would react if the other person comes out just like enraged and really freaking out.
你可能会进入调解者模式。
You might move into like peacemaker mode.
让我们冷静下来。
Let's de escalate
这可能取决于你的性格。
before Maybe depends on your personality.
也许吧。
Maybe.
但是
But
是的,对我来说听起来更像正式的处理方式。
yeah, it sounds a little more official to me.
一个受过训练的管理者。
A trained manager.
展开剩余字幕(还有 44 条)
这种事。
That kind of thing.
有趣。
Interesting.
好了,在结束这一集之前,我们还有其他需要讨论的吗?
Alright, anything else we should go through before we finish up with this episode?
是的,我想就这些了。
Yeah, I think that's it.
有趣的是,我们在这里同时涵盖了训练有素的管理者会怎么说,以及真实的人会怎么说。
It is interesting how we're kind of covering both here, like what a trained manager says and what a real person says.
当你处于冲突中时,你需要化解紧张局势。
When you're in a conflict, you need to de escalate.
而你可能情绪太激动,无法使用这些安抚性的话语。
And you might be too emotional to be able to use these calming phrases.
但如果真是这样,就用其中一句话来让自己退一步,对吧?
But if that's the case, use one of these to step back, right?
我觉得我需要一点时间冷静一下。
I think I need a moment to step back.
因为越来越多的时候,我的意思是,在美国,你永远不知道别人车里会不会有枪。
Because more and more, I mean, in The States, you never know someone might have a gun in their car.
你需要冷静下来。
You need to deescalate.
你不想去激怒一个已经非常愤怒的人,和他们针锋相对。
You don't want to be pushing someone's buttons and pushing back at someone who's really angry.
这太危险了。
It's too dangerous.
天哪。
Oh my God.
我们不得不考虑这些,真是令人遗憾。
It's too bad that we have to think about that.
但这是事实。
But it is true.
我的意思是,确实发生过有人朝旁边车里的人掏出枪,或者别人超车时被枪指。
I mean, it has happened that someone just pulls a gun on a car next to them or if someone cuts someone off.
这种事情真的发生过,比如
It has happened, like
在最近几年。
in recent years.
这种事经常发生。
It happens all the time.
就在几周前,亚利桑那州就发生过一起。
It happened just a couple of weeks ago here in Arizona.
很多时候都是路怒症引起的。
Often it's just about road rage.
事实上,就在几周前,一个孩子在车里被枪击中,因为两个大人在斗气,其中一个开枪,误中了孩子。
Fact, just a couple of weeks ago, a child was shot through a window because two adults that were fighting and one shot and hit a child in their car.
太可怕了。
It's awful.
这确实凸显了成为愿意化解冲突的人有多么重要。
It really does highlight how important it is to be the person who's willing to deescalate.
即使你生气了,也要试着控制自己的情绪,因为潜在的后果不值得。
Like, try to control your emotions even if you're the one that's angry because it's not worth what the potential consequences could be.
是的,你说得太对了。
Yeah, you're so right.
真的很棒。
Really good stuff.
好的。
Alright.
今天这期节目很棒,奥布里。
Good episode today, Aubrey.
各位,如果喜欢我们的节目,请点关注。
Guys, hit the follow button if you love our show.
奥布里,我很快再回来找你。
And, Aubrey, I'll see you back on here soon.
好了吗?
Alright?
太棒了。
Awesome.
下次见。
See you next time.
祝你今天愉快。
Have a good day.
再见。
Bye.
再见。
Bye.
感谢收听《All Ears English》。
Thanks for listening to All Ears English.
你想知道自己的英语水平吗?
Would you like to know your English level?
参加我们的两分钟测验。
Take our two minute quiz.
前往 allearsenglish.com/fluency-score。
Go to allearsenglish.com forward slash fluency score.
如果你相信连接胜过完美,那就现在点击订阅,确保不错过任何内容。
And if you believe in connection not perfection, then hit subscribe now to make sure you don't miss anything.
下次见。
See you next time.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。