本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
这是All Ears English播客第2565期。
This is an All Ears English podcast episode twenty five sixty five.
英语对你来说就像天书一样吗?
Is English all Greek to you?
欢迎收听All Ears English播客,已下载超过两亿次。
Welcome to the All Ears English podcast downloaded more than 200,000,000 times.
你是否觉得自己的英语进步停滞了?
Are you feeling stuck with your English?
我们将教你如何通过关注交流而非完美,变得自信而流利。本节目由美国主持人Aubrey Carter、雅思达人Lindsey McMahon以及英语冒险家联袂呈现,来自美国亚利桑那州和科罗拉多州。
We'll show you how to become fearless and fluent by focusing on connection, not perfection with your American host, Aubrey Carter, the IELTS whiz, and Lindsey McMahon, the English adventurer, coming to you from Arizona and Colorado, USA.
如需每周通过电子邮件接收文字稿,请访问allearsenglish.com/subscribe。
And to get your transcripts delivered by email every week, go to allearsenglish.com forward slash subscribe.
当某件事完全讲不通时,你可以说什么?
What can you say when something makes no sense at all?
今天,我们学习了三个有趣且地道的表达,帮助你坦诚自己没听懂,并建立更好的交流联系。
Today, we learned three interesting and native phrases you can use so that you can admit you don't get something in English and form a better connection.
你有没有过刚开始说英语,突然词就没了的情况?
Do you ever start speaking English and suddenly the words disappear?
你停顿得太频繁了。
You pause too much.
你犹豫不决。
You hesitate.
你知道自己想说什么,但只是事后才想起来,而不是在关键时刻脱口而出。
You know what you want to say, but only later, not in the moment when it matters.
这就是你的流利度出现问题的地方,但这是可以改善的。
This is where your fluency is breaking down, and it's fixable.
所以我们才推出了两分钟流利度测试。
That's why we created our two minute fluency quiz.
它能立即告诉你当前的英语水平,让你清楚接下来该重点提升什么。
It shows you your exact English level right now so you know what to work on next.
你是B1、B2还是C1水平?
Are you b one, b two, or c one?
去了解一下。
Find out.
现在就访问 allearsenglish.com/fluencyscore,了解你当前的英语水平,并从今天开始规划今年的提升方向。
Go now to allearsenglish.com/fluencyscore and get clarity on your English level and how you can improve this year starting today.
再强调一次,访问 allearsenglish.com/fluencyscore。
One more time, go to allearsenglish.com/fluencyscore.
你好,林赛。
Hello, Lindsay.
你怎么样?
How are you?
嗨,奥布里。
Hey, Aubrey.
今天能上麦我真的很开心。
I am happy to be on the mic today.
你怎么样?
How are you?
怎么了?
What's going on?
非常好。
Excellent.
这里亚利桑那州天气真好,我非常期待今天这一集。
It's a beautiful day here in Arizona, and I am really excited to get into today's episode.
这真的很好笑。
This is really funny.
林赛,你会说希腊语吗?
Lindsey, do you speak any Greek?
希腊语是我从来没学过的语言。
Greek is one language I never got into.
不会,但听起来挺酷的。
No, but it sounds pretty cool.
我知道。
I know.
阿尔法,贝塔,伽马。
Alpha, beta, gamma.
我想那是我会的仅有的几个希腊语单词了。
Think those are the only Greek words I know.
我知道偶尔会有
Know there's occasional
单词是西班牙语。
words Spanicopa.
还有其他一些欧洲语言吧。
In What else there's got be some Euro.
我不知道。
Don't know.
我去过希腊一次。
Let's I get to be some was in Greece.
我非常喜欢希腊。
I loved Greece.
我走遍了伯罗奔尼撒、德尔斐、奥林匹亚和雅典,我爱希腊。
I went all over the Peloponnese, Delphi, Olympia and Athens and I loved Greece.
我爱那里的食物。
I loved the food.
天哪。
My goodness.
美味极了。
Delicious.
味道太丰富了。
It's so flavorful.
非常好。
So good.
巴克拉瓦。
Baklava.
是的,巴克拉瓦,你还能在路边买到羊肉串或希腊卷饼。
Yes, Baklava and you could get a gyro like a lamb kebab or gyro on the side of the road.
他们就会直接从羊肉串上切下肉来,味道太棒了。
They would just like, you know, cut the meat off the lamb skewer and it was so delicious.
我特别喜欢。
I loved it.
太惊人了。
Amazing.
今年夏天我去了一次。
I went to a this summer.
去波士顿参加了一场希腊婚礼,是那种非常地道的希腊家庭。
Went to a Greek wedding in Boston, a Greek, like a very Greek family.
我的朋友要娶那个家庭里的一个女孩。
My friend was marrying a woman in that family.
所以整个氛围非常希腊。
And so it was very Greek.
他们保留了所有的希腊传统。
They had all the Greek traditions.
哦,那真是
Oh, that's
太有趣了。
so funny.
就像《我的大希腊婚礼》。
Like My Big Greek Wedding.
我超爱这部电影。
I love that movie.
那确实是一场盛大的希腊婚礼。
It was a big Fat fat Greek wedding for sure.
我太喜欢了。
I love that.
他们在教堂里举行了所有的传统仪式,但我没找到最好吃的巴克拉瓦。
They did all the traditions in the church, but I didn't I wasn't able to find the best baklava.
我有点失望。
I was kinda disappointed.
我当时可是盼着吃巴克拉瓦呢,你知道的?
Was like, ready for the baklava, you know?
是的。
Yes.
但没错,看到这一点真的很棒,尤其是在美国,有这么多不同的文化,我们有各种基于不同文化的婚礼。
But, yeah, it's cool to see, especially in The US with so many different cultures, you know, we have weddings that are based on cultures.
这真的很棒。
It's really cool.
是的,完全正确。
Yes, absolutely.
我问你这个问题的原因是,今天我们聊的这个习语是‘it's all Greek to me’,还有一些相关表达,这都源于海姆特发来的一个精彩问题。
And the reason I asked you is because today we're talking about the idiom, it's all Greek to me a few related And this is all inspired by an answering an amazing question sent in by Helmut.
他在我们的社区里叫Helly。
He goes by Helly in our community.
他其实是我们的最新社区联络人。
He's actually our newest community connector.
向Helly致意。
So shout out to Helly.
对。
Yep.
致意。
Shout out.
我觉得Kelly在我们的B1课程里。
I think Kelly is in our b one course.
他经常参加开放对话俱乐部和流利派对,积极参与对话。
So he comes very frequently to open conversation club, fluency parties, contributes to the conversation.
是的。
Yeah.
还有问答环节。
And the Q and A.
他是个人教练课程的学生,每周都参加问答环节。
He's a personal coach student, he's in the Q and A every week.
太棒了,是的。
Amazing Yes.
那里有问题。
Questions there
很好。
good.
真的很棒。
Really good stuff.
这是凯利的问题。
So here's Kelly's question.
我只知道‘火车站’是一个典型的德语习语,意思是完全不明白你在说什么。
I only understand train station is a typical German idiom that suggests that I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
英语里有类似的表达吗?
Is there an equivalent in English?
好问题。
Great question.
那是个很好的问题。
It was a great question.
我们确实有一些有趣的英语表达,今天要教给大家。
We do have some fun equivalents in English that we're going to teach today.
但我想先试着用德语说出这个表达。
But I first wanted to try and say this expression in German.
我查了一下。
I looked it up.
发音是 Ich forsche Nordbahnhof。
It's pronounced Ichforsche Nordbahnhof.
希望我发音正确,得问问凯利我的发音怎么样,字面意思是‘我只懂火车站’,但作为习语,意思是‘我完全听不懂’。
Hope I pronounced I'm that gonna have to ask Kelly how my pronunciation was and it literally means I only understand train station, but idiomatically, it means I don't understand anything at all.
我不明白你在说什么。
I don't understand what you're talking about.
是的,这很有趣,字面翻译和实际含义之间的差异,对吧?
Yeah, it's interesting how that's directly translated, but and what it actually means, right?
就像我只懂‘火车站’这个词,
Like I only understand the word train station,
对吧?
right?
是的,这真的很有意思。
Yeah, this was really interesting.
我查了下这个词的来源。
I I looked up the origin.
它源于战争期间一些不想参战的士兵,他们只想回家。
It was about soldiers during a war that didn't want to be there and they just wanted to go home.
所以就是,我只懂火车站,快送我回家吧。
So be like all I understand is train station like just send me home.
他们想跑去火车站。
They wanted to go to the train station.
我明白了。
I see.
是的,真的很有趣。
Yes, really interesting.
那个的起源。
Origin of that.
表达完全的不理解。
Expresses complete incomprehension.
就像某事物太复杂、太技术化或太陌生了。
Like something's too complex or technical or unfamiliar.
就是说,我不懂。
Just like, I don't understand.
明白了。
Got it.
习语的有趣之处在于,它们通常源于某个特定的历史时刻,是的。
The interesting thing about idioms is they usually come back to a moment in time, Yeah.
对吧?
Right?
一个时代,也许是某场战争或人类历史上的某个事件,我们能够追溯回去,然后就明白了。
An era, maybe a war or some event in human history, and we can link back and then it makes sense.
对吧?
Right?
然后就明白了。
Then it makes sense.
是的。
Yeah.
朋友们,这是我们节目喜欢探讨的内容之一——习语的历史,但更重要的是,如何用它们来连接当下。
Guys, this is one of the things we like to explore on our show, the history of idioms, but most importantly, how you can use them to connect now.
对吧?
Right?
它们现在还有相关性吗?
And are they relevant anymore?
所以请关注我们的节目,不要错过2026年《All Ears English》的任何一集。
So hit the follow button on the show so you don't miss a single episode of All Ears English in 2026.
是的。
Yes.
有意思。
Interesting.
我们会分享一些我们在英语中用来表达相同意思的精彩短语。
And we are going to share some great phrases we use in English to mean the same thing.
比如我完全不明白这里在说什么,而第一个就是我提到的那个。
Like I don't understand anything here and that first one is the one I mentioned.
It's all Greek to me,意思是我不懂这方面的任何内容,我想这说得通。
It's all Greek to me, meaning I don't understand anything about this, which I guess it makes sense.
你和我都不会说希腊语。
You and I both don't speak Greek.
我们中更多人应该学希腊语,但可惜的是,很多人并没有这么做。
More of us need to be learning Greek, but a lot like I think a lot of us unfortunately don't.
不。
No.
是的,确实如此。
Yeah, it's true.
所以,例如,他们开始谈论加密货币和区块链,老实说,我完全听不懂。
So, for example, you could say they started talking about cryptocurrency and blockchain, and honestly, it was all Greek to me.
我对加密货币就是这种感觉。
That's how I feel about cryptocurrency.
我真的不。
I'm just not.
我不在那个世界里。
I'm not in that in that world.
加密货币和区块链也是,我完全不懂。
Same cryptocurrency blockchain.
那对我来说全是天书。
That's all Greek to me.
我确实完全不明白。
I don't understand for for sure.
我试着理解他关于汽车引擎的解释,但五分钟后我就完全听不懂了。
I tried to follow his explanation of car engines, but after five minutes it was all Greek to me.
很有趣。
Interesting.
这很难。
It's hard.
我以前在布朗克斯教书时,教的是法语,而另一位语言老师是希腊人,教希腊语。
I was going to say when I was teaching in The Bronx, I was teaching French and the other language teacher was Greek and was teaching Greek.
我很高兴学生们在学希腊语,我和他有过一些很有趣的对话,讨论希腊语中有那么多词根和词汇能帮助他们理解词源,因为希腊语有点像拉丁语,对吧?
I loved that the kids were learning Greek and I had some fascinating conversations with him about how there were so many words and things in Greek that would give them these roots that would help them understand the etymology of words, the language of words because it was kind of like Latin that way, right?
所有这些词根和联系,它们之间的关联。
All of these like roots and things, the connections they could make.
这让我想到,我们应当在学校里更多地教授希腊语。
Like it made me think of like we need to teach Greek more in schools.
我觉得这会很好,也许我们就不会出现这种说法了。
I feel like it would be great that maybe we wouldn't have this expression.
我不太想提这个。
And I hate to bring it.
总是把话题扯回到那部电影。
Always bring it all back to that movie.
《我的盛大希腊婚礼》。
My Big Fat Greek Wedding.
但你记得那部电影里,爷爷每次有人说话,都会停下来,说‘我告诉你这个词为什么是希腊语’,然后大喊大叫。
But do you remember in that movie where the grandfather every word that was said he would like stop and be like, me tell you why that word is Greek and scream.
原因就在这儿。
Here's why.
然后他还会有个特别有趣的关联。
And then he'd have this really funny connection.
就是这样。
There you go.
如果你们还没看过《我的盛大希腊婚礼2》,那部也超棒。
If you guys haven't seen my big fat Greek wedding and part two was also amazing.
太棒了。
It's so good.
你一定要去看。
You've got to go watch it.
一定要先看原版。
Definitely start with the original.
原版是最好的,但另一部我觉得可能有两三部。
It's the best, but then the other I think part there might be a maybe two three.
我不太清楚。
Don't know the well.
全部都看过。
All of them.
都很好看,但你说得对。
Saw were great, but you're right.
原版太经典了。
Original is so quotable.
我现在可以坐在这里背诵很多台词,
I could sit here and quote so many lines right now from
这意味着从语言角度来看,对我们的听众来说,这些台词很重要,对吧?
Which that means it's important for connection for our listeners from a language perspective, right?
因为你会听到母语者仍然在引用这部电影的台词,对吧?
Because you will hear native speakers quote that movie still, right?
是的。
Yes.
你知道我听到最多的那句是哪一句吗?
You know which one I hear the most?
我先插一句,当你说到再来一句,再来一句重要的。
I'm going do a quick aside is when you say one more, one more big one.
就是她一边说着‘再来一次’,一边摸着下巴上的胡茬。
And it's when she's fucking like the chin hairs of just one more.
再来一句重要的。
One more big one.
我们会对任何事情都说这句话。
We'll say that about anything.
如果你打算再做一次某事的话。
If it's like you're gonna do something one more time.
再来一个大的。
One more big one.
在研究生阶段,我们学习自我披露在不同文化中的表现时,曾研究过这部电影。
We actually studied that movie in my graduate program when we studied self disclosure in different cultures.
很有趣。
Interesting.
她谈到双胞胎在她脖子里的那个场景。
The the scene where she talks about her twin being in her neck.
还记得那个双胞胎吗?
Remember the twin?
还有脊柱。
And a spinal column.
我们还讨论过,我们在不同文化中所透露的内容并不相同。
And we we talked about how, like, the things we disclose are not the same across cultures.
对吧?
Right?
有些文化非常注重隐私,而另一些则不然。
Some cultures really keep things private and others don't.
真是太有趣了,
Just fascinating,
但它是
but it's
一门很棒的课,
a great, it's a class
在她遇到某人时,她就会说:让我告诉你这件事。
of The meeting moment she meets someone, she's like, Let me tell you about it.
那是我的双胞胎,我的双胞胎是在飞机上出生的。
It was my twin in My twin my that was born on the plane.
哦,是的。
Oh, yeah.
大家去看了之后再回来听一遍,这样你们就能明白我们所有的笑话了。
Go watch it guys and then come back and listen again so you'll get all of our jokes here.
真的很棒。
Really good stuff.
好吧。
All right.
‘全都是希腊文’这个说法很棒。
So, it's all Greek to me is a great one.
我一点也看不懂。
And then I haven't the foggiest.
这让我想起了英式英语,不知为什么。
This reminds me of British English for some reason.
我不知道为什么。
I don't know why.
是的。
Yeah.
也许是因为雾都伦敦。
Maybe because foggy London town.
对吧?
Right?
这是一种关于伦敦的说法。
It's kind an expression about London.
对。
Right.
对。
Right.
我小时候经常说‘I haven't the foggiest’,意思就是我完全不知道。
Said this a lot growing up would say I haven't the foggiest, and just meant I have absolutely no idea.
我不知道。
I don't know.
完全不知道。
No idea.
比如,我虽然在点头,但老实说,我对你在说什么完全一头雾水。
For example, I'm nodding along, but to be honest, I haven't the foggiest idea what you're talking about.
是的。
Yeah.
没错。
That's right.
所以你可以说,我对你在说什么完全一头雾水。
So you could say that I haven't the foggiest idea what you're talking about.
或者如果有人问,你知道吗?
Or if someone says, do you know?
你应该说,我完全一头雾水,然后就不再多说了。
You should be like, I haven't the foggiest and you just stop there.
只是表示不知道。
Just means no.
我不知道。
I don't know.
而且说实话,有时候在交流中,当你假装自己懂了,然后突然想:算了吧,这反而是一种解脱。
And honestly, isn't that kind of a relief sometimes in connection when you're pretending like you understand and then you're like, forget it.
我不再假装了,我就直接说。
I'm just gonna stop pretending and I'm just gonna say this.
我不知道你在说什么,这实际上是一种
I have no idea what you're talking It's actually a
很有趣的交流时刻,因为每个人都经历过。
really fun connection moment because everyone's been there.
也许那里还有其他人,他们也完全不明白。
Maybe there will be other people there too who also don't have the foggiest.
当然。
Sure.
就是这样。
There you go.
所以别害怕。
So don't be afraid.
早点做。
Do it early.
经常做。
Do it often.
是的。
Yes.
我们来做一个简短的角色扮演,以展示这一点,因为这通常是针对问题的回应,对吧?
Let's do a quick role play to show this in because it's often a response to a question, right?
当然了。
Yeah, for sure.
那么我们开始吧。
So here we go.
你知道《清算》是谁写的吗?
Do you know who wrote The Reckoning?
我完全不知道。
I haven't the foggiest.
是的。
Yeah.
不过你也可以这么说。
Well, you could say it that way too.
你并不总需要把它用作表示‘我不知道你在说什么’的意思。
You don't always have to use it as a way to say, I don't know what you're talking about.
或者你也可以直接说,我不知道答案。
Or you could just say, I don't know the answer.
一点都不知道。
No idea.
对吧?
Right?
没错。
Yep.
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Yep.
我完全不知道。
And I have no clue.
这是我小时候经常说、也经常听到的一句话。
This is one I remember saying a lot and hearing a lot in my childhood.
我现在还是经常听到。
And I still hear a lot.
是的。
Yeah.
意思就是我完全没概念。
Just means I have absolutely no idea.
我不知道。
I don't know.
对吧?
Right?
所以,例如,我读了你的文字三遍,但完全不明白你在这里想表达什么。
So, for example, I read your text three times, but I have no clue what you were saying here.
是的,这到处都是,对吧?
Yeah, this is everywhere, right?
我不明白她这句话是什么意思。
I have no clue what she meant by that.
非常常见。
Really common.
从八十年代就存在了。
Been around since the eighties.
可能还会持续很长时间。
Probably will be around for a long time.
绝对如此,对吧?
Absolutely, right?
这三种方式都是表达‘我不知道’的好方法。
All three great ways to just say, I don't know.
我完全不知道。
I have no idea.
没错。
Exactly.
好的,奥布里,我们来做一个角色扮演。
All right, Aubrey, let's put it into a role play.
所以,你和我正在讨论我们在一场婚礼上目睹的一场争执。
So here you and I are talking about an argument that we witnessed at a wedding.
哎呀。
Uh-oh.
从来都不是好事。
Never good.
天哪。
Oh, no.
好的。
Okay.
我来开始吧,是
Never I'll start us Is
你希望看到这个吗?
that what you want to see?
是的。
Yeah.
我知道。
I know.
争吵是关于座位安排的吗?
The argument was about the seating chart?
我想是吧。
I guess so.
这些座位安排对我来说全是天书。
This seating stuff is all Greek to me.
我想我本该把杰克和斯蒂芬妮安排在不同的桌子,但我根本不知道这一点。
I guess I was supposed to put Jack and Stephanie at different tables, but I didn't know that.
哦,是的。
Oh, yeah.
他们合不来。
They don't get along.
不过,我之前并不知道这一点。
I wasn't aware of that, though.
我对这种事完全一头雾水。
I never have the foggiest idea about that stuff.
我想我本该就座位安排咨询一下别人。
I guess I should have consulted with someone on seating.
我真不明白他们为什么不能就在这顿饭上坐同一张桌子。
I have no clue why they couldn't just sit at the same table for one dinner though.
我同意。
I agree.
这绝对不是我会大惊小怪的事情。
Definitely not something I'd make a scene over.
是的。
Yeah.
婚礼的座位安排有时要花几个月才能定下来。
Seating charts at weddings can take months to do this.
我只能想象,对吧?
I can only imagine, right?
你就像有人一直在发消息给你,别把某某和某某安排在同一桌。
You're like someone's texting you no matter what, don't put so and so on at the same table as so and so.
我知道。
I know.
你去参加婚礼的时候,会不会也这样想?
And do you ever go like when you go to weddings?
你有没有想过,也许你和伴侣坐在一起时,会疑惑为什么我们被安排在这里?
Do you ever think like maybe you're with your partner and they think why did we get placed here?
然后你会开始从这对夫妇的思维中倒推回去。
And then you start to kind of work backwards in the couple's minds.
接着你就明白自己在他们心中所处的位置。
Then you understand where you belong in their minds.
你明白我的意思吗?
Do you know what I mean?
这太能说明问题了。
It is so telling.
我同意。
I agree.
确实能说明问题。
So telling.
这很有趣。
That's interesting.
这里面有很多内容,这又是另一个可以连接的话题。
There's a lot there and that's another connection topic right there.
是的。
Yes.
而且这个短语,我刚刚意识到,等等,我是不是需要再做一期关于‘有代表性’以及其他我们表达类似意思的方式?
And that phrase, I'm just realizing, wait, do I need to do another episode about something being telling and other ways that we say that?
对,我们把这个记下来。
Yep, let's write that one down.
这也是个很好的点。
That's a great one too.
是的。
Yeah.
对,那我们来逐一分析一下。
Right, so let's go through this.
是的。
Yeah.
你提到的第一件事,争吵是关于座位安排的。
So the first thing you said, the argument was about the seating chart.
我说,我想是吧。
And I said, I guess so.
关于座位安排的事,我完全不懂。
The seating stuff is all Greek to me.
我打算先搁置这个问题。
I'm kind of taking a pass here.
我只是想说,我真的不知道。
I'm just saying like, I don't I didn't know.
我犯了个错误。
I made a mistake.
对吧?
Right?
没错。
Exactly.
这么说真是太好了,对吧?
This is a great way to say it, right?
比如你可能是新娘。
Like maybe you were the bride.
你是那个提出座位安排的人,然后你说这些座位安排对我来说全是天书。
You were the one that had come up with the seating and you're like this seating stuff is all Greek to me.
我想我本该把他们安排在不同的桌子。
I guess I was supposed to put them at different tables.
我不知道这一点。
I didn't know that.
我没有关注当前的这些风波。
I was not tuned into the current drama
就在那天,你应该问我啊。
of I'm the day, like, you should have asked me.
我知道他们合不来。
I know they don't get along.
没错。
Exactly.
然后你和我说,你说,哦,是的,他们合不来。
And then you and then I said, you said, oh yeah, they don't get along.
然后我说,哦,我根本不知道这件事。
And then I said, oh, I wasn't aware of that.
我对这种事完全一无所知。
I never have the foggiest idea about that stuff.
所以我的意思是,这真的不是我的事。
So I'm really saying like this is not my thing.
是的,你就像根本不知道谁和谁合得来,谁又闹掰了。
Yeah, you're like I never know who's getting along with who and who's breaking up.
很多人根本不在乎。
I'd a lot of people just don't care.
他们并不关心这种八卦。
They don't like, you know, care about that kind of gossip.
所以要安排座位表确实挺棘手的。
And so it would be tricky to make a seating chart.
展开剩余字幕(还有 70 条)
我不知道。
Wouldn't know.
是的。
Yeah.
没错。
That's true.
没错。
That's true.
然后你对奥布里说了什么?
And then what did you say, Aubrey?
我说,我不明白他们为什么不能在同一张桌子坐一晚。
I said, I have no clue why they couldn't just sit at the same table for one dinner.
因为这真的没错。
Because that's really true.
即使你们合不来,也至少可以客气一个小时。
Even if you don't get along, you can be civil for an hour.
是的。
Yeah.
别管那么多了。
Just deal with it.
我的意思是,尤其是每个人都穿得那么漂亮、正式,这场婚礼很可能花了家人一大笔钱。
I mean, especially because everyone's dressed up really nice and fancy and this wedding has probably cost a lot of money for the family.
就在我这么说的时候,其实还有其他几种表达方式。
As I'm saying that, there are a few other ways you can say this.
我说的是,我完全不知道。
This is I have no clue.
你也可以说我一点都不知道,或者我毫无头绪,或者像我根本不知道那样说。
You can also say I don't have a clue or I haven't a clue or maybe like I haven't any clue.
这种说法在措辞上有点灵活。
There's sort of some flexibility with the wording of this.
你会听到所有这些表达方式。
You're going to hear all of those.
是的,不过我觉得你刚才说的那两个表达,'I haven't a clue' 和 'I haven't any clue',稍微更正式一点。
Yeah, although I think the last two you said, I haven't a clue, I haven't any clue, are a little more formal.
对。
Yes.
对吧?
Right?
听起来确实更适合正式场合,不太像日常对话中的说法。
That does sound a little more formal for just a regular conversation.
是的,但如果你想让你的话带点正式感,也可以这么用。
Yeah, but you could if you want to drop in a formal feeling to what you're saying, you can
也可以这么讲。
do that too.
没错。
That's Yeah.
这就是技巧,对吧?
The art Right?
如果我真的完全不知道。
If I really I haven't any clue.
是的,当然。
Yeah, for sure.
我太喜欢了。
I love it.
各位,去2560吧。
Guys, go over to 2,560.
那是,你要听长的还是短的版本?
That was, do you want the long or short version?
再次强调,通过问对方想了解多少来开启一个故事,真是个绝佳的方式。
Again, great way to open up a story by asking someone how much they want to know.
是的。
Yes.
对吧?
Right?
真是个好主意。
Such a good idea.
别错过这一集。
Don't miss that episode.
是的,别做那种人。
Yeah, don't be that person.
别做那种事无巨细、滔滔不绝的人。
Don't be that person that goes into too much detail.
当然。
Absolutely.
另外,作为一点建议,我喜欢像你所说的那样,Lindsey,有多种方式可以展现脆弱,承认自己不明白、有点迷茫,因为你很可能不是唯一一个处于这种境地的人。
Oh, and for a takeaway, I love this to have multiple ways like you were saying, Lindsey, to be vulnerable, to admit when you don't understand you're a little bit lost because you're probably not the only one there in that boat.
是的。
Yes.
对。
Yeah.
真的很棒。
Really good stuff.
太让人松口气了。
Such a relief.
经常会导致笑声,就像你所说的,奥布里。
Often leads to a laugh, like you said, Aubrey.
当你能坦诚相待时,这确实能促进联系,对吧?
And it definitely leads to connection when you can be honest, right?
当然。
Absolutely.
是的。
Yeah.
当人们看到真实的你时,他们才想与你建立联系。
When people see who you really are, that's who they wanna connect with.
对吧?
Right?
这不是你虚假的一面。
It's not the fake version of you.
所以真是很棒的内容。
So really good stuff.
我同意。
I agree.
太棒了。
Awesome.
我很期待你使用所有这些有趣的表达。
I'm excited for you to use all of these fun phrases.
谢谢你,海莉,提出这个问题。
Thank you, Helly, for the question.
是的。
Yeah.
非常感谢你,奥布里。
Thank you so much, Aubrey.
我们很快就会在节目中再见到你们。
We'll see you back on the show very soon.
祝你今天剩下的时间愉快。
You have a good rest of your day.
太棒了。
Awesome.
很好。
Great.
再见。
See you
下次见,各位。
guys next time.
再见。
Bye.
再见。
Bye.
感谢收听《All Ears English》。
Thanks for listening to All Ears English.
你想知道自己的英语水平吗?
Would you like to know your English level?
来参加我们的两分钟小测验吧。
Take our two minute quiz.
前往 allearsenglish.com/fluency score。
Go to allearsenglish.com forward /fluency score.
如果你相信连接胜过完美,那就现在点击订阅,确保不错过任何内容。
And if you believe in connection not perfection, then hit subscribe now to make sure you don't miss anything.
下次见。
See you next time.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。