本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
这是All Ears English播客第2571期。
This is an All Ears English podcast episode twenty five seventy one.
别让英语词汇难倒你。
Don't let English vocabulary break down on you.
欢迎收听All Ears English播客,已下载超过两亿次。
Welcome to the All Ears English podcast downloaded more than 200,000,000 times.
你是否觉得自己的英语进步停滞了?
Are you feeling stuck with your English?
我们将教你如何通过注重交流而非完美来变得自信流利,由美国主持人Aubrey Carter、雅思达人Lindsey McMahon以及英语冒险家为你带来,他们来自美国亚利桑那州和科罗拉多州。
We'll show you how to become fearless and fluent by focusing on connection, not perfection with your American host, Aubrey Carter, the IELTS whiz, and Lindsey McMahon, the English adventurer, coming to you from Arizona and Colorado, USA.
要获取实时字幕并创建个性化的词汇表,请下载All Ears English的iOS和Android应用。
To get real time transcripts right on your phone and create your personalized vocabulary list, try the All Ears English app for iOS and Android.
前往allearsenglish.com/app,开始你的七天免费试用。
Start your seven day free trial at allearsenglish.com forward /app.
当你达到英语的高级水平时,你可以选择如何让自己成为故事的中心。
When you get to the higher levels of English, you have options for how to put yourself at the center of your story.
今天,学习两个简单的词,它们能突出你经历事件的戏剧性。
Today, learn two simple words that can emphasize the drama of what happened to you.
今天了解更多内容。
Find out more today.
你懂英语,但开口说还是觉得比应该的更难。
You understand English, but speaking still feels harder than it should.
你懂语法,但一开口,想法就是表达不清楚。
You know the grammar, but when you open your mouth, your ideas just don't come out clearly.
这听起来熟悉吗?
Does this sound familiar?
我们的B1英语流利课程能帮助你整理思路、使用更地道的语法,并在日常生活和工作中自信地表达。
Our b one English fluency course helps you organize your thoughts, use stronger grammar, and speak with real confidence in everyday life and work.
你会在真实情境中练习说话,而不仅仅是学习教科书上的规则。
You'll practice speaking in real situations, not just study rules from a textbook.
本周,如果你在截止前报名,可以节省50美元。
And this week, you can save $50 when you join before the deadline.
现在就去 All Ears English 网站的 b one 页面。
Go now to All Ears English dot com slash b one.
网址是 allearsenglish.com/letterbnumberone。
That's allearsenglish.com/letterbnumberone.
嗨,奥布里。
Hey there, Aubrey.
最近怎么样?
What's shaking?
我很好,林赛。
I'm great, Lindsay.
你呢?
How are you?
不错。
Good.
奥布里,今天我们来聊聊汽车抛锚的事。
Aubrey, let's talk about cars breaking down today.
你上一次车子抛锚是什么时候?
When is the last time your car broke down on you?
哦,我们当时在加利福尼亚的海滩上露营。
Oh, so we were in California camping right on the beach.
在加利福尼亚是可以进行海滩露营的。
You can do beach camping in California.
我超爱这个。
I love it.
所以我们的车是新车。
It's And so our car was new.
我们刚买的新车,提车后才开了几周。
We had bought it new, drove it off the lot, and it was only a few weeks old.
我们开车去的那儿,根本想不到它会抛锚。
And we had driven it there so you would never expect it to break down.
但我们在那里待了一周后准备离开时。
But we went to leave after we had been there like a week.
我们准备出发时,车却怎么也启动不了。
We went to leave and it wouldn't start.
天哪,我们打开引擎盖,发现里面全被咬坏了。
Oh my We opened the hood and it was all chewed up.
引擎盖里的所有电线都被咬得乱七八糟,好像有什么东西……
All of the wires in the hood were all chewed up like there were some.
是动物干的,松鼠、老鼠之类的,把所有东西都咬了一遍。
From the animals, squirrels, rats, something had like chewed everything.
天哪,所以……
Oh my So
我们得
we had
只好叫拖车,把所有线路都修好。
to have it towed, fix all of the wiring.
这太疯狂了,虽然车有全保,但这些线路的损坏却不包括在保修范围内。
It was crazy because it had a full warranty but it didn't cover any of this wiring.
当然。
Of course.
在一辆新车上为这个付钱真是太疯狂了。
To pay for this on a brand new car was crazy.
太疯狂了。
That's crazy.
他们告诉我们在修理厂,现在很多新车都开始使用大豆基的电线。
And they told us at the shop, they're like a lot of these newer cars, they're starting to make it with soy based wires.
所以动物们觉得这太美味了。
So any animals are like, this is delicious.
天哪,我希望他们已经改变了,这事是什么时候发生的?
Oh my gosh, I hope they've when did this happen?
我希望他们现在已经改掉了这种做法。
I hope they've changed that by now.
大豆基的电线。
Soy based wires.
我知道。
I know.
大豆基电线?
Soy based wires?
好吧,这是几年前的事了。
Okay, this is a few years ago.
好吧,
Okay,
但确实,我很好奇。
but yeah, I'm curious.
我在想,希望他们别再这么做了,因为这对电线不太好。
I'm like, I hope they stop doing that because that's not great for your wires.
你的电线外皮居然能吃。
The outside of your wires to be all edible.
我知道,我本来以为可能是盐雾造成的,但我想这不可能一周内就
I know I thought maybe it was the salt air, but I guess it would take longer than a week for it to
想象一下所有线路在一周内全部腐蚀。
imagine all corroding after a week.
是的,肯定的。
Yeah, for sure.
所以现在,如果我们开那辆车,因为它里面还有很多大豆基线路。
So now if ever we take that car because it still has a lot of the soy based wiring in there.
每当我们开它去树林之类的地方,都得设置动物陷阱和驱赶剂,防止这种情况再次发生。
We take it into the woods or anything, we have to put like animal traps and like repellent to keep it from happening again.
好的。
Okay.
这是我坚持开我的2006款丰田的另一个原因。
Another reason I'm going stick with my 2006 Toyota.
对。
Yes.
我永远不会买新车。
I'm buying a new car ever.
太喜欢了。
Love it.
今天我们聊得真不错,奥布里。
This is getting We're getting into some good stuff today, Aubrey.
今天节目里我们要聊什么?
What are we talking about on the show today?
是的。
Yeah.
我们在最近的一集中提到过,我们经常用这个短语来形容那些实际上没发生在我们身上的事。
So we mentioned in a recent episode how we use this phrase on me for things that don't actually happen on us.
我们之前答应过要跟进这个话题。
And we promised a follow-up.
策划这个真有趣。
This is fun to plan.
我们说这个短语的频率高得惊人。
It's crazy how often we say this in English.
这真的很有意思。
This is really fun.
我记得这个表达是在我们的对话中自然出现的。
I remember when this came out organically in our conversation.
是的,我们说过必须做一期关于这个的节目,因为它无处不在。
And yeah, we said we have to do an episode on that because it's everywhere.
对吧?
Right?
但这是非常自然和地道的。
But it's very natural and native.
是的。
Yes.
这是一种母语者常常添加到短语中的东西,你并不总是必须用,但它能让你听起来更自然。
It's something that native speakers kind of add on to phrases that you don't always need necessarily, but it makes you sound more natural again.
没错。
Exactly.
这是为了加强语气。
It's for emphasis.
它常用于抱怨或讲故事,因为我们本来可以直接说‘我的车坏了’。
It's often for complaining or storytelling because we could just say my car broke down.
当我们说‘我的车突然坏了’时,我们把自己变成了受害者。
When we say my car broke down on me, I'm making myself the victim.
这就是重点,这里讲的是受害者心态。
That's what it's about, victim mentality here.
太棒了。
Love it.
所以,朋友们,去给我们评分和评论吧。
So, guys, go over and leave us a rating review.
我们想知道你们对这个节目的看法。
We wanna know what you think of the show.
如果你在Apple播客上收听,或者使用安卓或iOS应用,我们经常会阅读这些评论。
So if you listen in Apple Podcasts or maybe you use the Android or the iOS app, we read the reviews all the time.
我们想知道你的想法,如果你的评论被我们看到,我们会在节目中念出你的名字。
We wanna know what you think, and we'll announce your name on the show if we see your review.
所以,赶紧去这么做吧。
So, go ahead and do that.
明白了吗?
Alright?
太棒了。
Awesome.
很好。
Great.
是的。
Yeah.
那么,让我们来看看我们这样做有哪些不同的方式。
So, let's look into the of the different ways we do this.
第一种就像我们之前和Nykhar分享的,机械或技术问题常常会这么说。
The first is like we were sharing with Nykhar, mechanical or technological problems will often say this.
所以,举个例子,我的车抛锚了。
So, for example, my car broke down on me.
但还有其他情况,
But what else,
琳达?
Lindsay?
我的轮胎爆了。
My tire blew out on me.
而且,我们也可以简单说我的轮胎爆了。
And again, we could say my tire blew out.
那完全正确,完全没问题。
That would be totally legitimate, totally correct.
但我强调的是‘on me’,对吧?
But I'm saying on me, Right.
不是在你身上,也不是在他们身上,而是在我身上。
Not on you, not on them, on me.
对吧?
Right?
你是在强调这种不便。
You're emphasizing the inconvenience.
是的。
Yes.
对吧?
Right?
这种事情发生在你身上。
That this happened to you.
这是另一种夸张的说法。
It's another way to exaggerate.
没错。
Yep.
我的手机突然没电了。
My phone died on me.
会议期间我的Wi-Fi突然断了。
The Wi Fi cut out on me during the meeting.
还有别的吗?
What else?
或者我的笔记本电脑在我保存文件前突然崩溃了。
Or my laptop crashed on me right before I saved the file.
所以有趣的是,每次我们都不得不这么说——我的手机没电了,Wi-Fi断了。
So it is interesting how every time we don't have to have the on me, my phone died, the Wi Fi cut out.
我们加上‘对我来说’这种说法,是为了博取同情,某种程度上是为了抱怨,为了强调这一点。
We add that on me for pity, sort of, to complain, to emphasize that.
可怜的我。
Poor me.
是的。
Yeah.
给予一种
Giving a
稍微营造一点背景,有点博取同情的意思。
little context, asking for pity a little bit.
对吧?
Right?
只是为了加强语气。
Giving just emphasis.
我们喜欢这么戏剧化,是不是?
We like to be dramatic, don't we?
是的。
Yes.
通过戏剧化让故事更有趣。
It's the drama to make it a more interesting story.
这个故事。
The story.
所以,是机械故障、计划或系统出了问题。
So, mechanical failures or plans or systems failing.
所以,比如我的应用突然卡死了,对吧?
So, for example, the app froze on me, right?
对,如果有这种情况的话。
Right, if any.
所以,不仅是技术问题,还有系统软件,比如网站突然对我宕机了,也就是说它关闭了、停止服务了。
So, also technology, but also like a system software, maybe the website went down on me, meaning like it shut down, it closed down.
是的。
Yep.
电梯在我 Between floors 的时候停住了。
The elevator stopped on me between floors.
而且,你知道,这听起来可能有点少见,但你还是会说,哦,我被困在电梯里了,对吧?
And, you know, this might sound a little bit more rare, but again, you're saying, Oh, I was left in the elevator, right?
我被耽误了。
I was inconvenienced.
对,我能理解,如果你说电梯在我身上停住了,这可能会让人困惑。
Yeah, I could see how this could be confusing if you say the elevator stopped on me.
你想象的是自己被困住了,可能被卡住了,因为听起来电梯好像是在物理上停在了你身上。
You're imagining like you got trapped, maybe stuck because it sounds like it would be physically stopped on you somehow.
不,这只是意味着电梯停了。
No, it just means the elevator stopped.
我加上‘on me’是为了强调我受到了不便。
And I'm adding that on me to emphasize that I was inconvenienced.
是的,电梯停在我身上了
Yeah, The elevator stopped on
没错。
exactly.
对。
Right.
这并不是因为如果你说电梯停在了两层楼之间,我的意思是,你可能是从自己的角度来说的。
It's not like because if you say the elevator stopped between floors, I mean, you're probably saying it from your own perspective.
我们默认你当时在电梯里,但是
We're assuming you were in the elevator, but
我们不知道这一点
we don't know that
肯定。
for sure.
你可以说,哦,我的同事被困在电梯里了。
You could just say, oh, my coworkers got stuck in the elevator.
电梯停在了两层楼之间。
The elevator stopped between floors.
对吧?
Right?
所以,如果你真的想100%明确地表明你是受害者,加上‘我’这个说法并不坏。
So if you really wanna be a 100% clear that you were the victim, adding on me is not a bad idea.
对吧?
Right?
那样他们就知道你当时在场了。
Then they know you were there.
这件事发生在你身上。
It happened to you.
没错。
Exactly.
或者可能是预订系统在我这边出问题了。
Or maybe the reservation system failed on me.
这件事最近刚发生在我身上,莱斯莉,几年前我给孩子们报名排球时就遇到过。
This happened to me recently, Lindsay, when I went to sign my kids up for volleyball a couple of seasons ago.
预订系统卡住了。
The reservation system froze.
等系统恢复正常时,已经来不及为
And so by the time it worked, it was too late for
我
me to
给孩子们报名了。
sign my kids up.
他们错过了。
They missed out.
结果还不错,因为我们改打了篮球,但当时我真的非常沮丧,因为那个
It worked out because we tried basketball but which has really I was really frustrated at the time when the
那个系统出问题真是太不公平了。
That system failed on seems so unfair.
这太不公平了。
That seems so unfair.
天哪。
Oh man.
抱歉发生这种事。
Sorry that happened.
好的,接下来我们谈谈情感上的情况。
Alright, then we have emotional situations.
人们也会让你失望,对吧?
People can also let you down, right?
没错,对吧?
Exactly, right?
也许她在我面前崩溃大哭了起来。
Maybe she broke down on me and started crying.
意思就是某人情绪崩溃了。
Means like someone sort of having an emotional breakdown.
也许他们把头靠在你的肩膀上。
Maybe they're putting their head on your shoulder.
但并不一定非要身体上靠在你身上。
But it doesn't have to be physically on you.
它只是意味着他们崩溃了。
It just means they broke down.
如果当时她正在和你说话,你可以说她在我面前崩溃了。
You can say she broke down on me if she was talking to you at the time.
这也某种程度上突显了这种情境有时的尴尬。
And this also kind of emphasizes the awkwardness of it sometimes.
你就站在那儿,跟那个人说句话,他突然就开始哭,场面特别尴尬。
Like, you're standing there and you say something to the person, they start crying and it's just like awkward.
对吧?
Right?
没错。
Exactly.
我可是会当众崩溃的人。
I've been known to break down in public.
比如在我的感情关系里,我伴侣总说,我们刚谈恋爱的时候,你总是莫名其妙地突然哭起来。
Like, in my relationship, like, my partner would always say, oh, when we first started dating, you always just started crying randomly out of nowhere.
是真的。
It's true.
我也经常这样。
Happens to be too.
对吧?
Right?
有时候你会积压很多情绪,它们终究会爆发出来。
Sometimes you have all these bottled up emotions, and they're going to come out.
有时候你就会在公共场合爆发。
Sometimes you're going to in public.
对,我总是这样。
And, yeah, that's what I always got.
就是总在公共场合。
It's like, it's always in public.
从不在家里。
It's never at home.
总是在公共场合。
It's always in public.
所以,这会让那个没哭的人有点不知所措,感觉特别尴尬。
So, this kind of shows that that person that's not crying is kind of left hanging a little bit, like, Oh, this is awkward.
对吧?
Right?
没错。
Exactly.
这不仅强调了他们崩溃了,还强调了他们在我面前崩溃了。
It emphasizes not just that they broke down, they broke down on me.
你确实有点在强调这件事带来的不便,觉得这是一件困难的事。
You're definitely kind of emphasizing the inconvenience a little bit that it was something difficult.
或者他甩了我,意思是他就这样离开了你。
Or he walked out on me, meaning he left you.
所以,他不只是走出了门或者走出了房子。
So, he didn't just walk out the door or walk out of the house.
这很有趣。
This is interesting.
根据上下文,这句话可能有两种含义,对吧?
Could have either meaning depending on your context, right?
它可能意思是,我们正在聊天,然后他就甩了我,意思是他就这样
It could be like, we were chatting and he walked out on me, meaning he just
就像离开了
like left
房间。
the room.
或者通常是指他们结束了一段关系。
Or often it will be that they're like leaving a relationship.
有人结婚了,他们说最后离婚了,然后说:他抛下我走了。
Someone's married and they're saying they ended up getting divorced and be like, He walked out on me.
意思是离开了这段关系。
Meaning he left the relationship.
是的,这个说法带有更多情感色彩。
Yes, so that one's a little more loaded.
取决于上下文。
Depends on the context.
这个也取决于上下文。
That one depends on the context.
所以,他们在最后一刻甩了我,对吧?
So, they bailed on me at the last minute, right?
意思是,他们把我晾在一边了,对吧?
So meaning, they left me hanging, right?
所以我出现了。
So, I showed up.
我出现了,而这让我感到有点尴尬。
I showed up and I was So, this on me adds the fact that you felt a little awkward.
你被晾在一边或者被抛弃了一点,对吧?
You were left hanging or abandoned a little bit, right?
没错。
Exactly.
你可以
You could
就说他们最后一刻临阵脱逃了。
just say they bailed at the last minute.
说他们临时放我鸽子,强调了我被添了麻烦,值得同情。
To say they bailed on me emphasizes I was inconvenienced and deserved pity.
很可能,你已经到地方在等了。
More than likely, you're already at the place waiting.
对吧?
Right?
你打算特别地站着
You're going to get Especially stood
如果是最后一刻的话。
if it's at the last minute.
对吧?
Right?
你很可能已经在那里了。
You're probably already there.
还有呢?
What else?
或者我老板无缘无故对我发火。
Or my boss blew up on me for no reason.
所以我们经常说‘对我发火’,但你也会听到‘对我爆发’,对吧?
So, we'll often say blew up at me, but you'll also hear this blew up on me, right?
你只是在强调这件事很麻烦、出乎意料,也许还不受欢迎,对吧?
As you're just emphasizing like it was inconvenient, unexpected, maybe unwelcome, right?
是的,没错。
Yes, exactly.
然后你的身体也可能突然垮掉,对吧?
And then your body can give out on you, right?
所以,例如,不幸的是。
So, for example Unfortunately.
不幸的是,当我们进入三四十岁的时候,会更深刻地体会到这一点。
Unfortunately, as we get into our thirties and forties, we learn this a bit more.
我在踢足球的时候膝盖突然撑不住了,对吧?
My knee gave out on me during the soccer game, right?
没错。
Exactly.
这就像是
That's where it
有点
kind
突然垮了,但你可能根本找不到明显的受伤原因。
of like buckles without, you know, there maybe wasn't even like an injury that you could clearly point to.
它就是好像毫无征兆地失效了,你也不明白为什么。
It just seems like it sort of failed out of nowhere and you don't understand why.
对,或者我的嗓子。
Yep, or my voice.
作为播客主持人,我们必须珍惜自己的嗓音,但有时候我会一天内连续和你以及米歇尔录两场。
As podcasters, we have to treasure our voices here, but sometimes I do double sessions in the same day recording with you and Michelle.
有时候在我们录制快结束时,Aubrey,我的嗓子就会哑了。
And sometimes towards the end of our session, Aubrey, my voice will give out on me.
对吧?
Right?
没错,对吧?
Exactly, right?
这种情况会发生。
It happens.
如果你经常用嗓,比如歌手,这种情况也会经常发生,对吧?
If you use your voice enough singers, this will happen too a lot, right?
或者如果你一整天都在会议上做演讲,你的声音可能会在演讲快结束时突然哑掉,那最糟糕了。
Or if you give if you're presenting maybe at a conference all day long, your voice might give out mid presentation toward the end That's of the the worst.
那确实最糟糕。
That's the worst.
或者会议结束后的社交酒会上,你明明想参与社交,却只能放弃,不得不回房间休息。
Or you go to the happy hour at the end of the conference and you're like, I want to be social, but you can't stay You and have to go back to your room.
就是这样。
That's it.
非常棒的内容。
Really good stuff.
嗨。
Hi.
我是乔什·施佩格尔,播客《新闻室里的疯子》的主持人。
I'm Josh Spiegel, host of the podcast, lunatic in the newsroom.
这里播报你从未听过的新闻。
It's news like you've never heard before.
我们会讨论一些话题,比如可能禁止娱乐性大麻、美国人放弃像文明人一样着装,以及呼吁取缔兄弟会。
We'll talk about things like a possible ban on recreational pot, Americans giving up on dressing like civilized human beings, and a call for fraternities to be outlawed.
如果你喜欢疯狂的过度思考,那么《新闻室里的疯子》适合你。
If you enjoy wild overthinking, lunatic in the newsroom is for you.
它有趣、有信息量,而且情绪不稳定。
It's funny, informative, and emotionally unstable.
新闻室里的疯子。
Lunatic in the Newsroom.
今天听一下。
Listen today.
好的。
Okay.
来角色扮演吧。
Role play time.
奥布里,在这个情景中,我们是约在一起吃早午餐的朋友。
Aubrey, we are friends meeting for brunch in this scenario.
我不是吃早午餐的人,但我得说,哦,你不是吃早午餐的。
I'm not a bruncher, but I'll make an ex oh, you're not a brunch.
你是吃早午餐的人。
You are a brunch.
超爱早午餐。
Love brunch.
不,不行。
No, no.
就在昨天,我刚和一个人聊过这个话题,解释我为什么不是个早午餐爱好者。
I was just in a conversation with someone about this just yesterday about why I'm not a bruncher.
原因有很多,但是
A lot of reasons, but
太有趣了。
So funny.
我超喜欢。
I love it.
我喜欢带酒精的早午餐。
I love a boozy brunch.
只要我不用开车或者赶去什么地方,因为我吃完很可能要小睡一会儿,但我超爱咖啡加点利口酒。
As long as I don't have to drive or be anywhere because I'm probably going to nap after, but I love love or coffee with some kind of liqueur.
是的,
Yeah,
不,我明白。
no, I get it.
我明白为什么这很有吸引力。
I get why it's attractive.
但对我来说,我不是那种经常吃早午餐的人。
But for me, I'm not a I'm not a regular bruncher.
比如,我不希望每个周末都去吃早午餐。
Like, I wouldn't wanna do it every weekend.
我懂,比如一年一次,像圣诞节早午餐之类的。
I get it, like, once a year, Christmas brunch or something.
完全没问题。
Totally cool.
哦,我同意。
Oh, I agree.
因为这需要感觉像特别的日子。
Because it needs to feel special occasion.
是的。
Yes.
我不希望每次都去,不然就不再有趣了。
I wouldn't wanna go all the time or it wouldn't be fun anymore.
是的。
Yeah.
但有些人,尤其是在纽约这样的大城市里。
But some people are especially in the big cities like New York.
新式早午餐很有名。
New brunch is famous.
他们每周都吃早午餐,我觉得太多了。
They're brunching every I'd be too much.
对。
Yeah.
当然。
For sure.
我确实喜欢把它当作特别的场合。
I like it to be special occasion for sure.
可能一年只去吃一次或
Probably only go to brunch maybe once or
两次早午餐,这里就是这样。
twice Same a year here.
这里也是。
Same here.
我喜欢。
Love it.
好吧,那我们去吃早午餐吧。
All right, well let's go to brunch.
我来点餐。
I'll start
我们开始吧。
us out.
走吧。
Let's go.
抱歉,我迟到了。
Sorry, I'm late.
今天真是够呛。
This has been a day.
哦,天哪。
Oh, wow.
发生什么事了?
What happened?
首先,我的车在来这儿半路上抛锚了。
Well, first my car broke down on me halfway here.
真的吗?
Seriously?
哦,不妙。
Oh, no.
这最糟糕了。
That's the worst.
是的
Yeah.
然后我的手机没电了,没法给你发消息。
Then my phone died on me, so I couldn't text you.
你做了什么?
What did you do?
我只好叫了优步,但司机送我到的时候,支付应用突然卡住了。
I had to call an Uber, but then when she dropped me off, the payment app froze on me.
哇。
Wow.
今天宇宙真是专门针对你啊。
The universe really came for you today.
抱歉我迟到了。
I'm sorry I was late.
谢谢你没有对我发火。
Thank you for not blowing up on me.
我担心了。
I was worried.
你一向都很准时。
You're always on time.
你的车得拖走吗?
Are you gonna have to get your car towed?
是的。
Yes.
我来这儿的路上给修理店打了电话,他们来接车了。
I called the shop on my way here, and they're picking it up.
这一切都发生在上午11点之前吧。
All of this before, like, 11AM or something.
想象一下。
Imagine.
真是糟糕的一天。
What a day.
展开剩余字幕(还有 106 条)
你干脆回家,剩下的时间好好睡一觉吧。
You should just go home and nap for the rest of the day.
我特别喜欢一开始说‘这一天啊’这句话。
I I kind of love that phrase at the very beginning to say, This has been a day.
你甚至都不需要加形容词。
You don't even need an adjective.
光从语调就能听出来,我想说的是,真是糟糕的一天。
You can tell from the intonation that I mean, It's been a terrible day.
这话题或许值得再做一期,因为现在这说法正流行。
That might be worth another episode because that's a trending phrase right now.
这一天啊。
It's been a day.
对吧?
Right?
我经常听到这句话。
I hear that a lot.
或者这已经是一周了。
Or it's been a week.
嗯。
Mhmm.
这已经是一个月了。
It's been a month.
这已经是一年了。
It's been a year.
这已经是一年了。
It's been a year.
确实已经一年了。
It has been a year.
所以,朋友们,点个关注吧,因为奥布里可能会计划再做一期关于这个话题的节目。
So, guys, hit the follow button because Aubrey will probably do we'll plan another episode on that topic right there.
好的。
Yes.
好的。
Okay.
所以,你知道,我问过你发生了什么。
So, you know, I asked you what happened.
我的意思是,到目前为止可能发生了什么?
Like, what's what could possibly have happened so far?
现在才早上十一点。
It's only eleven in the morning.
对吧?
Right?
你说,首先,我的车在半路上抛锚了。
And you said, first, my car broke down on me halfway here.
对吧?
Right?
这已经够糟了。
That's already pretty bad.
我完全可以只说我的车在半路上抛锚了。
I could just say my car broke down halfway here.
我强调的是我确实被搞得非常不便。
I'm emphasizing that I was really inconvenienced
被这件事搞得。
by it.
在添油加醋。
Adding the drama.
车在我这儿抛锚了。
Broke down on me.
就是戏剧性。
It's the drama.
事情就是这样。
That's what it is.
这就是事情的全部。
This is what this is It
这会让故事更好听。
does make for a better story.
这是一场更有趣的对话。
This is a more fun conversation.
确实如此。
It is.
而且完全可以这么说,我的手机没电了,所以没法给你发短信。
And totally, could say, then my phone died, so I couldn't text you.
人们也确实常这么说。
And people do say that too.
别误会我们。
Don't get us wrong.
有时候人们不会加上‘在我身上’,其实也不必加。
Sometimes people don't add the on me and they don't have to.
但你说的是‘我的手机在我身上没电了’。
But you said, then my phone died on me.
对吧?
Right?
所以再说一遍,受害者。
So again, victim.
受害者,受害者。
Victim, victim.
特别是如果你经历过这么多情况,你可能已经陷入这种心态了,比如我迟到了,我正努力让你明白原因。
Especially if you've been multiple things like this, you probably are in that kind of mentality of like, and I'm late and I'm trying to help you see why.
我这样强调,是想让你知道,我并不是故意的,对吧?
I'm sort of emphasizing so that you know I didn't intentionally, right?
我没法给你发消息,告诉你我会迟到。
I couldn't text you and let you know I was going to be late.
没错。
Exactly.
然后你接下来遇到的事是,Uber的付款应用在你身上卡住了,对吧?
And then the next thing that happened to you is the app, the payment app for Uber froze on you, right?
所以,我想我迟到有三个原因,对吧?
So, I guess three reasons I'm late here, right?
或者说我迟到有两个原因。
Or two reasons that I'm late.
其中一个原因是我没有打电话。
One reason that I didn't call.
那个应用突然卡住了。
The app froze on me.
是的。
Yeah.
然后你对我说了什么?
Then what did you say to me?
然后我说,谢谢你没有对我大发雷霆。
And then I said, thank you for not blowing up on me.
我经常说‘对我大发雷霆’,我们两种说法都听过。
And I would often say blowing up at me, we do hear both.
对吧?
Right?
而且它
And it
意思就是,谢谢你没有对我大发雷霆。
just means like, thank you for not being extremely upset and yelling at me.
谢谢你理解。
Thank you for understanding.
是的。
Yes.
再说,这让我自己更卷入了这场戏剧中。
Again, it just this on me just puts us more at the center of the drama.
再说,你通过稍微多一点戏剧化来把自己塑造成受害者,但并不是负面的,而是能让人更投入你的故事和处境的方式。
Again, this is making yourself a victim by being a little bit more dramatic, but not in a negative way, in a way that pulls people into your story a little bit and your circumstance.
是的,完全对。
Yeah, totally.
对。
Right.
我会这么做。
I do this.
我有朋友也这么做。
I have friends that do it.
我觉得这并不烦人。
I don't think it's annoying.
如果你一直这么做,可能会过头了。
It could probably be overdone if you do it all the time.
我确信可能会过头。
I'm sure it could be overdone.
但它确实为故事增添了一些趣味,增加了戏剧性,这总是很有趣。
But it does just kind of add interest to a story, adds drama, which is always fun.
没错。
Exactly.
所以,这仅仅是给你的听众提供一点选择。
So, that's just giving your listeners a little bit of an option.
朋友们,去听听2552期,就在几期之前。
Guys, go check out 2,552, just a few episodes back.
这就是掌握英语中令人困惑的过去式动词的方法。
That is how to master confusing past tense verbs in English.
非常重要的一期。
Really important episode.
别错过了这一期。
Don't miss that one.
对。
Right.
如果你不知道该说blow dried还是blue dry,
If you don't know whether to say blow dried or blue dry,
你错过了这个
That you missed that
很有趣。
was funny.
是的,那就是
Yeah, that's
这是一个很好的例子,想让你们知道,我们自己也不是总对的。
a really good example that we want to show you guys that we're not always perfect either.
对吧?
Right?
这是一种联系。
It's connection.
我们也会犯错。
And we make mistakes, too.
所以,我们在那一集中给你们展示了一些这样的例子。
So, we showed you some examples of that in that episode.
奥布里,还有其他最终的收获吗?
Aubrey, any other final takeaways?
是的,让故事有趣是很重要的,对吧?
Yeah, this is it is important to make your stories interesting, right?
这是一种方法。
And this is one way to do it.
当然,我们要注意发音,避免单调,但词汇的选择、如何增添戏剧性和趣味性也同样重要。
Of course, we want to think about pronunciation, not using monotone, but it's also in the vocabulary that we use, how we add drama and make it interesting.
太棒了。
Love it.
非常好。
So good.
Aubrey,下一期见。
Aubrey, I'll see you on the next episode.
祝你今天剩下的时间愉快。
You have a good rest of your day.
好吗?
Alright?
太棒了。
Awesome.
到时候见。
See you there.
保重。
Take care.
再见。
Bye.
感谢收听《All Ears English》。
Thanks for listening to All Ears English.
你想知道自己的英语水平吗?
Would you like to know your English level?
来参加我们的两分钟测验吧。
Take our two minute quiz.
访问 allearsenglish.com/fluency-score。
Go to allearsenglish.com forward slash fluency score.
如果你相信连接胜过完美,那就现在点击订阅,确保不错过任何内容。
And if you believe in connection not perfection, then hit subscribe now to make sure you don't miss anything.
下次见。
See you next time.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。