本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
这是All Ears English播客第2575期,五个令人印象深刻的英语习语。
This is an All Ears English podcast episode twenty five seventy five, five English idioms that hit hard.
欢迎收听All Ears English播客,已下载超过两亿次。
Welcome to the All Ears English podcast downloaded more than 200,000,000 times.
你是否觉得自己的英语进步停滞了?
Are you feeling stuck with your English?
我们将教你如何通过注重交流而非完美,变得自信而流利。本节目由美国主持人Aubrey Carter、雅思达人Lindsey McMahon带来,他们分别来自亚利桑那州和科罗拉多州。
We'll show you how to become fearless and fluent by focusing on connection, not perfection with your American host, Aubrey Carter, the IELTS whiz, and Lindsey McMahon, the English adventurer, coming to you from Arizona and Colorado, USA.
要获取实时字幕并创建你个人的词汇表,请下载All Ears English的iOS和Android应用。
To get real time transcripts right on your phone and create your personalized vocabulary list, try the All Ears English app for iOS and Android.
立即访问allearsenglish.com/app,开始你的七天免费试用。
Start your seven day free trial at allearsenglish.com/app.
你是否曾想用一个不同于‘effect’的词来表达某事的结果?
Do you ever want to use a word other than the word effect to articulate the results of something?
今天,让我们学习五种用自然英语表达的方法。
Today, get five ways to do it with Natural English.
你有没有过从会议中走出来,想着‘我本可以表达得更好’?
Have you ever walked out of a meeting thinking, I could have said that better.
你什么都听懂了,但你的回应却显得简短、模糊,或者不像你平时的样子。
You understood everything but your response came out short or unclear or not quite like you.
也许你的想法很有力量,但你的英语还没能体现出来。
Maybe your ideas are strong but your English doesn't show it yet.
你会忘记那些明明知道的单词。
You forget words you know.
你无法自然流畅地表达,快速的对话让你默默追赶。
You can't explain things naturally and fast conversations leave you quietly catching up.
这种差距可能让人沮丧,但它非常具体,也完全可以弥补。
That gap can be frustrating, but it's also very specific and very fixable.
我们的两分钟流利度测试能帮你了解这种差距在哪里,以及你的水平是B1、B2还是C1。
Our two minute fluency quiz helps you understand where that gap is and whether your level is b one, b two, or c one.
当你清楚自己的水平后,进步会感觉更轻松、更快。
When you know your level, progress feels lighter and faster.
现在就去 allearsenglish.com/fluencyscore 参加测验,更接近你内心所想的英语表达方式。
Take the quiz now at allearsenglish.com/fluencyscore and move closer to speaking English the way you think.
再强调一次,去 allearsenglish.com/fluencyscore。
One more time, go to allearsenglish.com/fluencyscore.
嗨,奥布里。
Hey there, Aubrey.
一切都好吗?
How's everything?
我很好,林赛。
I'm great, Lindsay.
你怎么样?
How are you?
你有没有
Have you
做过冷浴吗?
ever done a cold plunge?
是的。
Yes.
我开始在我们的泳池里进行冷水浴。
I started doing a cold plunge in our pool.
所以并不是像冰一样冷。
So it's not like ice cold.
我知道很多人喜欢泡冰浴,但水确实很冷。
I know a lot of people do like ice baths, but it's cold.
现在水温大概在55华氏度左右,甚至可能更冷一点。
Bet it's 55 degrees right now, maybe even a little bit colder.
所以我进去的时候,正在读关于它所有健康益处的资料,确实有效。
So I'll go in and I was reading about all the health benefits and it does.
我感觉做完之后精神焕发,完全清醒了。
I'm like so revived after and like wide awake.
真有意思。
Interesting.
有点喜欢它。
Kind of love it.
有意思。
Interesting.
我试过在淋浴时模仿那种方式,最后一分钟把水调成冷的。
I've tried kind of creating a version of that in the shower like the last one minute turn it cold.
但后来我觉得,这并不舒服。
But then I was like, this is not comfortable.
而且我不确定。
And I'm not sure.
我听说有健康益处,但我不完全相信。
Like, I guess I've heard about the health benefits, but I'm not 100%
你对这种不适的忍受程度还不足以让你相信它的价值。
sure You don't about believe enough for the discomfort.
我觉得这就像我习惯的热水澡。
I think it's just like my hot showers.
这真有趣。
That's funny.
是的。
Yeah.
我刚才就是在问你这个。
Well, was asking you that.
这个想法源于我们社区里一位学生发的帖子,他说游泳对头发伤害很大。
That was inspired by a student posted in our community the phrase swimming really does a number on my hair.
他是在谈论游泳池里的氯。
They were talking about the chlorine in swimming.
如果你不戴泳帽,头发真的会受损。
If you don't wear a swim cap, it really hurts your hair.
对。
Yes.
我最近一直在做冷水浸泡,我想也许该戴个泳帽,因为我发现它正在损害我的头发。
And I've been doing these cold plunges and I'm like, I maybe should wear a swim cap because I notice it damaging my hair.
但我对这个表达印象深刻,学生说游泳真的对他们的头发伤害很大,所以今天我们来聊聊这个表达以及几个相关的表达。
But I was so impressed by this vocabulary, the student saying that it really does a number on their hair and so today we're talking about that phrase and a few related phrases.
是的,我记得小时候每天都会游泳。
Yes, I remember as a kid swimming every day.
到了夏天结束时,我的头发因为氯气变成了绿色。
By the end of the summer I had green hair because of the chlorine.
头发被染成绿色,还像稻草一样。
It's dyeing your hair green and it's like straw.
感觉又干又脆。
It feels all dry and crispy.
是的。
Yeah.
但小时候你根本不在乎头发被毁成什么样
But when you're a kid, you don't care that it's doing a number on
了。
your hair.
你就是想,我想去游泳。
You're just like, I wanna swim.
对吧?
Right?
对。
Right.
值得。
It's worth it.
太喜欢了。
Love it.
所以在进入今天的节目之前,我想衷心感谢在Spotify上给我们评价的人。
So before we get into today's episode, I wanna say a huge thank you to those who reviewed us in Spotify.
这也是一个很好的地方,可以给我们留言或评价。
That is another great place to leave us a comment or review.
谢谢Truta。
So thank you to Truta.
感谢Claudia Brooke。
Thank you to Claudia Brooke.
感谢Dago Cordero和Luis Nao,他们是我们的好评者。
Thank you to Dago Cordero, Luis Nao, those were our reviewers.
朋友们,这些评价太棒了。
Guys, these reviews are incredible.
Aubrey,它们非常出色。
Aubrey, they're fantastic.
我知道,我超爱看这些评价。
I know I love to read them.
你也可以在那里提问。
You can post questions there as well.
我们经常在Spotify和YouTube上收到很棒的问题。
And we often get great questions in Spotify and YouTube.
请继续发送你们的问题,感谢你们的评价和评论。
So keep sending your questions and thank you for the reviews and the comments.
我们很喜欢。
We love them.
我们都会读。
We read them all.
是的,无论你在哪里收听,无论是苹果播客、安卓应用还是苹果的iPhone应用,现在收听《All Ears English》的地方太多了,但请给我们打分和评论。
Yeah, wherever you listen, whether it's Apple Podcasts or the Android app or Apple, the iPhone app, there's so many places to consume All Ears English now, but leave us a rating and review.
我们会尽力在节目中念出你的名字。
We'll do our best to announce your name on the show.
好吗?
Okay?
很好。
Good.
当然。
Absolutely.
那么我们开始进入这些有趣的词汇吧。
So let's dive into this fun vocab.
首先,这个短语是‘to do a number on someone or something’。
First, that one, to do a number on someone or something.
这个短语的意思是产生很大的影响,比如,熬夜真的严重影响了我的专注力,对吧?
Which, yeah, just means to have a big effect in So, some example, the late nights really did a number on my focus, right?
所以,你熬夜不睡好,这会影响你的专注力。
So, you're staying up late, not sleeping as well, and it's affecting your focus.
你可以说:‘唉,这严重影响了我的专注力。’
You could say, ugh, that did a number on my focus.
是负面的影响。
In a negative way.
对吧?
Right?
通常是的。
Usually Yes.
你会说
Would you say
通常不是正面的影响。
usually Not a positive effect.
说得对。
Good point.
负面的影响。
Negative effects.
对吧?
Right?
或者那个寒冷的冬天让我的汽车电瓶受损了。
Or that cold winter did a number on my car battery.
所以现在你的汽车电瓶可能已经没电或快没电了,与其说它严重影响了我的电瓶,不如说它真的把电瓶搞坏了。
So maybe now your car battery is dead or dying because of the Instead cold of just saying it really affected my battery.
这样说要生动多了:它把我的电瓶搞坏了。
This is so much more It did a number on my battery.
做
Do
你觉得住在亚利桑那州或落基山脉地区,对你的皮肤伤害很大吗,奥布里?
you feel like living in Arizona, the Mountain West, does a number on your skin, Aubrey?
是的,我还以为你要问我的电池呢。
Yeah, I thought you were going ask about my battery.
高温会杀死电池,我们得经常更换电池,因为亚利桑那的高温。
The heat We kills batteries have to replace batteries so often because of the heat in Arizona.
但没错,干燥的空气确实对我的皮肤伤害很大。
But yes, the dry air does a number on my skin.
我得不停地抹润肤霜,但皮肤还是干。
I have to lotion constantly and I still have dry skin.
我知道。
I know.
我在这里住了四年,感觉自己的皮肤比在东海岸老了十岁似的。
I've been living here for like four years and I feel like my skin's aged ten years compared to being on the East Coast,
说实话。
honestly.
当然。
Absolutely.
但确实,我们这里阳光充足,这也有好处。
But yeah, we get a lot of sunshine, so that helps.
对吧?
Right?
有得就有失。
Trade offs.
有得就有失。
Trade offs.
另一种表达相同意思的方式是‘产生负面影响’。
And then another way to say the same thing would be take a toll on.
你可以说,持续的压力对她的健康造成了影响。
So you could say the constant stress took a toll on her health.
有时候
Sometimes
我们再次说,这可以意味着巨大的影响,对吧?
we Again, can just meaning a great effect, right?
你是不是这个意思?
Is that what were you saying?
我本来想说,有时候我们可能处于一种潜在的低水平压力状态,它正在影响我们的健康,但我们可能没有意识到。
I was going to say sometimes we can have an underlying low level of stress and it is taking a toll on our health, but maybe we don't realize it.
对吧,奥布里?
Right, Aubrey?
当然。
Absolutely.
我曾经遇到过这种情况。
This happened to me once.
我最后出现了恐慌发作,直到那时我才意识到自己压力有多大,这让我非常惊讶。
I ended up having a panic attack and I didn't even realize how stressed I had been until that happened and I was so surprised.
我不明白。
I didn't understand.
所以对于那些很少经历这种情况的人来说,你可能根本察觉不到压力在累积,直到突然出现这些身体反应。
So for someone who doesn't experience that a lot, you might not even realize the stress is building until suddenly you're having these physical effects.
天哪,等你意识到的时候已经太晚了。
Oh my gosh, until it's all too far along.
所以,是的,这很有趣。
So yeah, interesting.
另一个例子,多年的夜班严重影响了他的睡眠模式。
Another example, years of night shifts took a toll on his sleep patterns.
所以,是的,这种情况可能发生:你转到了白班,但却晚上睡不着。
So yeah, could happen then you get a day shift but you can't sleep at night.
这会很棘手。
That would be tricky.
是的,非常感谢所有值夜班的护士、医生或其他关键员工。
Yep, huge thank you to any of our nurses or doctors or other crucial employees who do work those night shifts.
我的天,我可做不到。
Mean, I couldn't do it.
但我知道。
But I know.
天哪,一些工厂工人。
Goodness, some factory workers.
是的。
Yeah.
保安。
Security guards.
我有个邻居做保安,值夜班。
I have a neighbor that does a graveyard shift as a security guard.
我觉得,有太多工作都需要人们值夜班,我们的社会才能正常运转。
I'm like, there are so many jobs where people have to work those night shifts in order for our society to function.
确实如此。
It's true.
确实如此。
It's true.
另一种说法是受到重创。
And then another way to say it is hit hard.
所以这个消息对他打击很大。
So that news hit him hard.
对吧?
Right?
你必须在代词之间加上一些内容。
You have to put something in between a pronoun.
这让我深受打击。
It hit me hard.
这让他深受打击。
It hit him hard.
对吧?
Right?
所以这意味着什么,奥布里?
So this means what, Aubrey?
发生什么事了?
What happened?
我们其实可以说,那个消息让人深受打击。
And What we kind could just say, you know, that news hit hard.
是的,我想是这样。
Yeah, I guess
你说得对。
you're right.
实际上,这里隐含的意思是‘让我深受打击’,对吧?
And really it's implied that you mean hit me hard, right?
对。
Yes.
但没错,这意味着它产生了一定程度的巨大影响。
But yeah, this means it had some kind of great effect.
这可能是新闻,也可能是亲人的离世,或者非常严重的事情。
This could be the news, a death of a loved one, or something very serious.
对你的情绪状态产生重大影响的消息。
News that had a great effect on like your emotional state.
你会说,这让我深受打击。
You would say it hit me hard.
没错,比如你们公司突然裁员,这种突如其来的降薪让她深受打击。
Right, or if your company does pay cuts for example, the sudden pay cut hit her hard.
或者你可以更口语化一点,说‘这真让人受打击’,或者过去式‘这确实打击了我’。
Or you could get more slangy and you could say, oh, that really hits or that hit in the past tense.
是的,这是一种比较新的俚语。
Yes, this is like newer slang.
我觉得这种说法可能已经存在一段时间了,但我最近听到的频率很高。
I feel like maybe it's been around a while, but I'm hearing it a lot now.
好的。
Okay.
也就是说,这真的很棒。
That it's to say like, that's really good.
也许是某首歌,或者你吃的东西。
Maybe a song or like something you eat.
所以他们会说,哦,这个太棒了,意思是这真的很好。
So like, they'll be like, oh, that hits and it means that's really good.
好吧,所以这可能是一种新兴的俚语,我们可以跟上潮流。
Okay, so maybe this is like a new and emerging slang that we can get on board with then.
是吗
Is that
这个很有趣,我觉得它越来越常见了。
the fun one and I feel like it's getting more common.
我以前常听到我的孩子,我的青少年用这个词,但现在我也会在播客里听到。
I was hearing my kids, my teenagers use it more, but now I'll hear it on podcasts
电视上,哦,现在
TV Oh, now
它正在流行
it's going
已经过时了,变得不酷了
to become uncool already past
也许是吧。
the Maybe.
或者它可能会被采纳。
Or maybe it'll get adopted.
我们走着瞧吧。
We'll see.
谁知道呢?
Who knows?
我们会跨越鸿沟的,对吧?
We'll cross the chasm, right?
没错。
Exactly.
好的,第四点是什么?
Alright, what's number four?
所以这会干扰。
So this is mess with.
再次,会产生某种重大影响。
Again, have some kind of big effect.
你可以说时差真的严重影响了我的睡眠。
You could say like jet lag really messes with my sleep.
你实际上想说的是,这会对它产生重大影响,就像你指出的那样,是一种负面影响。
And really what you're saying is that has a big effect on it, a negative effect like you pointed out.
它会干扰它。
It messes with it.
你觉得随着年龄增长,时差对你来说变得更严重了吗?
Do you feel like jet lag has gotten worse for you throughout life?
随着你年纪渐长?
As you've gotten a little bit older?
你觉得现在比以前更难适应了吗?
Do you feel like it's harder than it used to be in your
十几岁和二十几岁的时候?
teens and twenties?
说实话,我已经很久没坐过跨大西洋的航班了。
It has been a while since I have taken like a transatlantic flight to be honest.
所以等我下次能去很远的地方旅行时,我就会知道了,对吧?
So I will find out the next time I'm able to like travel very far, right?
我们有四个孩子。
We've got four kids.
如果我们去的话,就开车四个小时到罗基波因特。
If we go, we, drive four hours to Rocky Point.
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
好。
Yeah.
当我们飞去坎昆的时候,但我还没经历过红眼航班。
And when it's like we flew to Cancun, but I haven't get done, a red eye.
自从我年轻时起,我就没怎么经历过时差,所以我不确定。
I haven't really had jet lag since I was younger, so I don't know.
你呢?
What about you?
我可以肯定地说是的。
I can say yes.
现在要适应旅行变得困难多了,尤其是那些看起来不应该这么难的旅行,比如去西欧。
It's gotten a lot harder, especially just trips that don't seem like they should be that hard, like going to Western Europe.
现在这些旅行对我来说真的很困难,因为前两天你都会完全混乱,等你终于调整过来,回到家后你又
Those are really hard for me now because you are just messed up for the first two days, Then you finally sync up, and then you get home and you're
有点乱了
kinda messed it up
回家后还得再乱上三四天。
up for three or four days.
以前只是觉得有点累,但无所谓。
It used to be just like, oh, I'm a little tired, but whatever.
但现在不行了,我甚至会在博物馆里睡着。
But now it's like, no, I'm falling asleep in museums.
这种事情真的发生在我身上。
This has happened to me.
我最近两次去西欧,都在博物馆里睡着了。
The last two times I've gone to Western Europe, I've fallen asleep in museums.
哦,天哪。
Oh, wow.
就是坐在长椅上,头往后一仰就睡着了,人们开始笑,因为你不该在博物馆里睡觉,对吧?
Just like sitting on a bench and zonking out with my head back and people start laughing because like you shouldn't sleep in a museum, right?
你应该在那儿看展品的
Like you should be looking at a the
挺搞笑的,我得去旅行一趟才能确定,但我感觉情况会是一样的。
really funny I mean, I'll need to do a trip to find out, but I have a feeling it would be the same.
但也许我现在睡眠已经乱套了。
But maybe my sleep is already so messed up now.
也许我需要倒个时差来
Maybe I need to get jet lag to
也许,正确的做法是,这样可能就能解决了。
Maybe, correct could be, And it would be fixed maybe.
就是这样。
There you go.
或者再举个例子,喝太多咖啡会让我胃不舒服或者影响睡眠。
Or here's another example, too much caffeine messes with my stomach or my sleep.
如果我在下午两点后喝咖啡,我整晚都会睡不着。
If I drink caffeine after like 2PM, I will be up all night.
这对我影响真的很大。
It really affects me a lot.
是的, definitely。
Yeah, for sure.
有些人如果空腹喝咖啡甚至会呕吐。
Or some people even vomit if they have caffeine without eating.
确实会发生。
Happens.
有些人特别敏感,我今天刚看到过。
Some people have a really I've seen that just today.
我亲眼看到有人这样。
I saw that happen to someone.
所以这种情况也完全可能发生。
So that can absolutely happen too.
很好。
Good.
然后让我们讲最后一个:让人精疲力尽。
And then wear someone down is our last one for the day.
漫长的通勤让我感到筋疲力尽。
So the long commute is wearing me down.
奥布里,这是个渐进的过程,还是突然发生的?
Aubrey, is this more of a gradual thing or is this like a sudden?
是的,通常不是突然的,对吧?
Yeah, usually not sudden, right?
所以这也会产生很大影响,但通常是随着时间积累的效果。
So also like a big effect, but this is usually an effect over time.
你会被某件事慢慢消磨掉。
You get worn down by something.
比如,一天结束时,来回的邮件已经让我精疲力尽了。
So maybe like all the back and forth emails wore me down by the end of the day.
这不一定要持续几年,也可能就在一天之内发生。
So, it doesn't have to be over years, This could be throughout the course of a day.
对。
Yeah.
而且这不一定是什么糟糕的事情。
And it doesn't have to be a terrible thing.
到周五下午,我就已经筋疲力尽了,对吧?
It could just mean even by Friday afternoon, I'm pretty worn down, right?
我只想迎接周末,关掉那条消息,好好享受我的周末生活。
I'm ready to weekend, get off my Put that away message up and move on with life with your weekend.
没错。
Exactly.
但你说得对,这种确实是逐渐积累的。
But good point that that one does is more over time.
而其他这些情况则可能是即时发生的。
Whereas all of the rest of these could be sort of immediate.
某件事狠狠地打击了我,让我身心俱疲。
Something did a number, took a toll on me.
对吧?
Right?
是的。
Yep.
没错。
Exactly.
所以我们这里有很多选择。
So we have a lot of choices here.
很好。
Good.
好的。
Okay.
奥布里亚,今天我们角色扮演的内容是什么?
Aubria, what are we doing in today's role play?
好的。
Alright.
你和我是朋友,我刚刚打了个哈欠。
You and I are friends here, and I just yawned.
那你来开始吧,好的。
So you go ahead and start us Alright.
我们开始吧。
Here we go.
你打哈欠了,现在才下午三点。
You're yawning, and it's only 3PM.
哦,是的。
Oh, yeah.
这些熬夜真的让我吃不消。
These late nights are doing a number on me.
我的注意力完全消失了。
My focus is completely gone.
是的。
Yeah.
我能想象。
I can imagine.
持续的压力迟早会对任何人造成影响。
Constant stress will take a toll on anyone after a while.
真的。
For real.
然后我收到了一封关于预算削减的邮件,影响很大。
And then I got an email about budget cuts that hit hard.
对。
Right.
而且你最近经常出差。
Plus you've been traveling a lot.
对吧?
Right?
是的。
Yes.
上一次旅行的时差还在影响我的睡眠。
And the jet lag from my last trip is still messing with my sleep.
我每天凌晨两点就醒。
I wake up at 2AM every night.
如果这种情况持续下去,很快就会把你拖垮。
That'll wear you down fast if it keeps if it keeps up.
是的。
Yeah.
这就能证明不是你,因为我好几年都没出现过时差了。
This is how you know it's not me because I haven't had jet lag in several years.
对。
Yep.
对。
Yep.
对。
Yep.
对。
Yep.
所以这里的东西真的很好。
So really good stuff here.
我觉得这是一场非常真实的对话。
Very realistic conversation, I think.
当然。
Absolutely.
对吧?
Right?
是的。
Yes.
对吧?
Right?
我们用到了所有这些。
We used all of these.
我一开始就说这些熬夜让我快撑不住了。
I started by saying these late nights are doing a number on me.
所以我现在说得有点含糊,对吧?
So I'm being kind of vague here, right?
用这种说法代替‘这些熬夜让我睡不着’不是更有趣吗?
It's more interesting to use a phrase like this instead of these late nights are keeping me from sleeping, right?
这样说‘它们正在对我造成影响’还挺有意思的。
It's just fun to be like, they're doing a number on me.
是的。
Yeah.
别总说‘我累了’。
Don't always say, I'm tired.
你怎么样?
How are you?
我累了。
I'm tired.
对吧?
Right?
嘿,别总说很多大学生都会说
Hey, don't A lot of always college kids say
是舞者。
are dancers.
我有办法。
I've got ways.
别这么说。
Don't say that.
我觉得在我们的文化中,这几乎是人们的标准回答。
I feel like in our culture, that is almost a standard response for people.
你注意到了吗?
Do you notice that?
是的。
Yes.
就像在外界,如果你在派对或什么场合,那是一个非常标准的回答。
Just like out in the world, if you're at a party or something, that is a very standard response.
你好吗?
How are you?
我累了。
I'm tired.
对吧?
Right?
是的,这最糟糕了,因为接下来你还得说什么?
Yes, it's And it's like the worst because then what do you say from there?
太糟糕了。
It's horrible.
还有另一个相关的建议:别告诉别人你看起来累了。
And also another related bit of advice, don't tell someone they look tired.
是的。
Yes.
我其实用人工智能帮我启动这个角色扮演,它一开始说的是:你看起来累了。
I actually used AI to give me a jumping off point with this role play and it started with, You look tired.
我当时就说:别说了。
I was like, No.
不行。
No.
我们不用这个。
We're not using that.
尤其是不要对女性这么说。
Don't Especially say that don't to say it to a woman.
是的,也许那个人睡得非常好,但你只是不知道他们外表上的差异,这可能会导致。
Yeah, maybe that person's been sleeping great, but you just don't know the difference in how they look, and that could,
是的,就是这样。
yeah, just Yeah.
他们可能会说,我只是没化妆而已。
They might be like, I'm just not wearing makeup.
谢谢你的夸奖。
Thanks for the compliment.
我认为一般来说,我们可以再做一期,让我们的听众关注我们,不要错过。
I think in general, maybe we could do another episode, and our listeners should hit follow to not miss it.
只是说你看起来怎么样。
Just on saying you look anything.
你看起来怎么样,别这么说。
You look x avoid.
对吧?
Right?
我对
I say to
我的孩子说,不要评论别人的外貌。
my kids, don't comment on people's appearances.
嗯。
Mhmm.
而且那就是那就是
And that's that's
这是一个很好的普遍原则,比如
just a good general Like,
展开剩余字幕(还有 81 条)
说你看起来瘦了其实也是一种陷阱。
it's also kind of a trap saying, oh, you look like you lost weight.
这可能是个陷阱。
That could be a trap.
我们再做一期吧。
We'll do another episode.
你觉得呢,奥布里,
What do you think, Aubrey,
关于这个?
on that?
是的。
Yes.
我喜欢这个观点。
I love that.
这是个好主意。
That's a great idea.
所有的良好建议。
All of the good advice.
好的。
All right.
然后我说,我能想象持续的压力迟早会对任何人造成影响。
Then you I said, I can imagine constant stress will take a toll on anyone after a while.
是的,这很有趣。
Yeah, and this is interesting.
这也是一种很好的使用这些表达的方式。
This is a great way to use these phrases as well.
大致来说。
Sort of in general.
而不是说‘这对我造成了影响’,而是说‘这对你造成了影响’。
Instead of saying like this took a toll on me, it took a toll on you.
只是为了表达一种共情:我能想象压力会对任何人造成影响。
To just that solidarity being like, I can imagine stress will take a toll on anyone.
压力会
Stress will do
让人不堪重负,时间久了。
a number on anyone after a while.
时间久了,谁都一样。
Anyone after a while.
对。
Right.
然后你提到你们公司削减预算,这影响很大。
And then you talked about budget cuts at your work and that hit hard.
对吧?
Right?
所以这里你没有说‘这让我深受打击’。
So here you didn't say that hit me hard.
你保持了一点距离感。
You kept it a little bit more distant.
因为这是隐含的,对吧?
Because it's implied, right?
你知道我是在说我自己。
You know I'm talking about me.
我在分享我工作中的预算削减。
I'm sharing about some budget cut at my job.
因为这已经隐含了,大家都知道我是在说我自己,所以我可以直接说那让我很受伤。
So because that's already implied, it's already understood that you know I'm talking about me, I can just say that hit hard.
太棒了。
Love it.
如果我在谈论其他朋友,那我就得说那让他很受伤或她很受伤。
If I'm talking about other friends, then I would need to say that hit him hard or her hard.
我得明确我说的是谁
I would need to make it clear who I'm referring
。
to.
你需要更具体一点。
You need to be more specific.
对吧?
Right?
对。
Right.
是的。
Yes.
好。
Yeah.
完全同意。
100% agree.
然后你说‘嗯’。
And then you said, yep.
我上次旅行的时差还在影响我的睡眠。
And the jet lag for my last trip is still messing with my sleep.
是的。
Yes.
旅行的
Traveling Of
你完全可以直接说它还在影响我的睡眠。
course you can just say it's still affecting my sleep.
但想象一下,如果我们在这里只说四次‘影响’。
But imagine if we just said affecting four times here.
熬夜会影响人,持续的压力也会让任何人感到不适。
The late nights are affecting Constant stress will affect anyone.
太无聊了。
So boring.
这些短语有趣多了。
These are way more interesting phrases.
这正是我们在这里所学的内容。
This is kind of what we're learning here.
这些是‘effect’这个词的好替代词,对吧?
Like, these are good alternatives for the word effect, right?
这些就是这样的。
This what these are.
非常好。
Really good.
如果这种情况持续下去,很快就会把你拖垮。
And then finally, that'll wear you down fast if it keeps up.
是的。
Yeah.
而且同样,这又是另一个可能引发关于哪些事情能给你能量的深入对话的片段。
And again, this is another one of those episodes that could lead to great conversation about the things that give you energy.
你知道,我们谈论内向者、外向者,哪些事能给你能量,哪些事让你疲惫。
You know, we talk about introverts, extroverts, what gives you energy, what wears you down.
每个人的情况都不一样,对吧,奥布里?
It's not the same for everyone, right, Aubrey?
没错。
Exactly.
我喜欢你所说的,林赛。
And I love what you said, Lindsay.
别总是说自己很累,总是谈论那些让你疲惫不堪的事情。
Don't be the person who's always saying I'm tired, who's always talking about everything that's wearing them down.
是的,有时候分享这些确实不错,但你不想成为那种别人一见到就绕道走的人,因为他们知道你一定会讲你有多累。
Yes, it's good to share this sometimes, but you don't want to be the one that people turn around and walk the other way because they know you're going to talk about how tired you are.
这真的让人很沮丧,对吧?
It's such a downer, right?
试着找一些能给你带来能量的事情,也许聊聊这些,或者根据问问题的人来决定分享多少。
Try to find something that energizes you and and maybe talk about that or decide how much you're gonna share depending on who's asking the question.
对吧?
Right?
当然。
For sure.
当然。
Absolutely.
真的吗
Really
很棒的内容。
good stuff.
今天这个话题很好,奥布里,感谢你做客《迈克尔秀》。
Good connection topic for today, Aubrey, and thanks for being on The Michael.
再见。
See you later
这周见。
in the week.
太棒了。
Awesome.
下次见。
See you next time.
好的。
Alright.
再见。
Bye.
谢谢。
Thanks
感谢收听All Ears English。
for listening to All Ears English.
你想知道自己的英语水平吗?
Would you like to know your English level?
来做个两分钟的小测验吧。
Take our two minute quiz.
前往 allearsenglish.com/fluency-score。
Go to allearsenglish.com forward slash fluency score.
如果你相信连接胜过完美,那就现在点击订阅,确保不错过任何内容。
And if you believe in connection not perfection, then hit subscribe now to make sure you don't miss anything.
下次见。
See you next time.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。