本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
这是All Ears English播客第2585期。
This is an All Ears English Podcast episode twenty five eighty five.
避开灯光。
Beat the light.
如何用英语谈论危险驾驶。
How to connect over risky driving in English.
欢迎收听All Ears English播客,已下载超过两亿次。
Welcome to the All Ears English Podcast downloaded more than 200,000,000 times.
你是否觉得自己的英语进步停滞了?
Are you feeling stuck with your English?
我们将教你如何通过注重交流而非完美来变得自信流利,由美国主持人Aubrey Carter、雅思达人Lindsay McMahon和英语冒险家共同为您带来,来自美国亚利桑那州和科罗拉多州。
We'll show you how to become fearless and fluent by focusing on connection, not perfection with your American host, Aubrey Carter, the IELTS whiz, and Lindsay McMahon, the English adventurer, coming to you from Arizona and Colorado, USA.
要获取实时字幕并创建个性化词汇表,请下载All Ears English的iOS和Android应用。
To get real time transcripts right on your phone and create your personalized vocabulary list, try the All Ears English app for iOS and Android.
立即访问allearsenglish.com/app,开始您的七天免费试用。
Start your seven day free trial at allearsenglish.com/app.
你开车时是个冒险家吗?
Are you a risk taker behind the wheel?
今天,学习五个关于红灯及其他内容的全新英文表达。
Today, get five new things to say in English about red lights and more.
今天深入探讨这个重要的美国文化话题。
Dive into this important American culture topic today.
不管你喜不喜欢,英语都是你被评估的一部分,无论是在会议中、面试中,还是在谈判中。
English is part of how you're evaluated, whether you like it or not, in meetings, in interviews, in negotiations.
问题不在于你的英语是否可以接受或足够好。
The question isn't whether your English is okay or good enough.
而在于它是否对你有用。
It's whether it's working for you.
它是否帮你获得了应得的晋升和加薪?
Is it getting you the promotions and the salary raises that you deserve?
如果没有,今年就该采取行动了。
If not, this is the year to do something about it.
我们的免费两分钟流利度测试可以帮你准确了解自己的英语水平——B1、B2还是C1,并指出你如何真正提升英语能力,以在职场或全球生活中取得成功。
Our free two minute fluency quiz shows you your true English level, b one, b two, or c one, and where you can level up for real world success for your career or your global life in English.
现在就免费在 allearsenglish.com/fluencyscore 上参加测试吧。
Take the quiz now for free at allearsenglish.com/fluencyscore.
网址是 allearsenglish.com/fluencyscore。
That's allearsenglish.com/fluencyscore.
嘿,奥布里。
Hey there, Aubrey.
嗨,琳赛,你怎么样?
Hi, how are you Lindsay?
很好。
Good.
我很好奇,奥布里,你是个什么样的司机?
I was wondering what kind of driver are you Aubrey?
你是个激进的司机吗?
Are you an aggressive driver?
你是个犹豫不决的司机吗?
Are you a tentative driver?
你平时是
What do you
我觉得我是个激进的司机。
like I am on the an aggressive driver.
事实上,这挺搞笑的。
In fact, this is funny.
就在昨天,我突然变道插到别人前面,对方气得不行。
Just yesterday, I sort of pulled out in front of someone and they were so mad.
他们冲我比中指,还大喊大叫,因为我习惯了特斯拉加速非常快。
They were flipping me off and yelling and because I'm used to the Tesla speeds up very fast.
确实很快。
It's very fast.
所以我能稍微一变道就迅速加速。
So I can sort of pull out and quickly go.
我忘了自己开的不是特斯拉。
And I forgot that I was not in the Tesla.
我开的是我妈妈的SUV,我刚汇入车流,结果这车根本没那么快。
I was in my mom SUV that I pulled out and like it just isn't as fast.
但当时的情况是,我右转,而另一个人也右转,正要驶入我正要离开的那条街。
But it was one of those where I was turning right and someone else was turning right into the street that I was turning out of.
所以他们身后的人无论如何都得减速刹车。
So the person behind them had to slow down and break anyway.
我当时觉得完全可以继续走。
I was kind of good to go.
他们肯定是猛踩油门,冲到我后面,想让我知道他们有多生气。
They must have like floored it to get behind me to let me know how mad they were.
真吓人。
Scary.
所以那个人肯定比我更激进,但我自己其实也是个挺激进的司机。
So that person's definitely more aggressive than I am, but I am a pretty aggressive dream.
我挺有攻击性的。
I'm pretty aggressive.
这倒是挺好的信息。
That's that's good to know.
这很有趣。
That's interesting.
我本来没想到这一点,但我喜欢这个说法。
I wouldn't have thought that, but I like that.
今天的这期节目灵感来自第2550期的一次角色扮演,也就是大约30期之前。
So today's episode was inspired by a role play in episode 2,550, just about 30 episodes back.
在那次角色扮演中,我说了什么,
What did I say in that role play,
是的,你说你不该试图赶在灯变红前通过。
Yes, you said I shouldn't have tried to make the light.
这是一次非常有趣的角色扮演。
This was a really fun role play.
琳赛和我必须表演。
Lindsay and I had to act.
我们假装刚经历了一场车祸,而我非常生气。
We were pretending we had been in a car accident and I was very angry.
所以如果你错过了那个角色扮演,听完这集后一定要去补看。
So if you missed that role play, you'll have to go check it out after this episode.
但我们意识到,像‘赶在灯变前通过’这样的说法,以及我们开车时用的很多类似表达,其实都很有意思。
But we realized that phrase make the light and a lot of phrases like that that we use with driving are really interesting.
所以今天我们要聊一聊其中一些表达。
So we're going to cover some of those today.
是的,我的意思是,我不知道我们的听众有没有被这个搞糊涂,对吧?
Yeah, I mean, I wonder if our listeners were confused by that, Right?
赶在灯变前通过。
Make the light.
我是说要制造一盏新的灯,它会在
Do I mean construct a a new light that's gonna happen in the
街道?
street?
对吧?
Right?
你在做什么?
What are you making?
我们今天要做什么?
What are we making today?
因为通常 make 和 do 是很清楚的。
Because usually make and do are very clear.
对吧?
Right?
没错。
Right.
让灯亮起来。
Make the light.
所以今天,我们要学习一些地道的表达方式。
So today, we're going into some good idiomatic language.
但在开始之前,奥布里,收听这个节目的最主要方式是什么?
But before we get into it, Aubrey, what is the number one way to consume this show?
是的,通过应用程序。
Yes, on the app.
如果你还没有安装,去allersenglish.com/app下载吧。
If you don't have it yet, go to allersenglish.com/app.
这是收听播客的最佳方式。
It's the best way to listen to the podcast.
没有广告,对吧?
No ads, right?
对于高级用户,你可以获得文字稿和我们标出的关键词。
For premium users, you get transcripts, keywords that we have highlighted.
你可以通过文字稿跟着播客一起学习。
You can follow along the podcast with the transcripts.
这确实是听节目的最佳方式。
It really is the best way to listen.
是的,没错。
Yep, exactly.
是的,你在那上面不会听到任何外部公司的广告。
Yeah, you won't hear any ads on there from outside companies.
所以,去那里听吧,成为高级会员吧。
So, you know, go over there and listen, become a premium member.
你可以享受七天免费试用,到时候你会亲身体验到有字幕有多棒,因为我们知道你从这个节目中收获了很多。
You do get a seven day free trial where you will see how cool it is to have the transcripts, because we know you're learning a lot from this show.
就在过去一周左右,我和我们已经和很多听众聊过了,Aubrey,我们知道大家确实在学习,但如果你在学习时能看到字幕在屏幕上滚动,那一定会让你的学习提升到一个新层次。
I've talked to we've talked to a lot of listeners just in the last week or so, Aubrey, and we know people are learning, but listen watching transcripts go by on your screen as you're learning would make it bring it to the next level.
当然。
Absolutely.
很好。
Good.
是的。
Yeah.
所以赶紧去试试吧,朋友们。
So go check it out, guys.
如果你还没有这个应用,今天就下载吧。
If you don't have the app yet, download it today.
好。
Good.
好的,不错。
Okay, cool.
第一个是交通信号灯和时间,这是我们第一个类别。
So first one would be traffic lights and timing is our first category.
跟我们说说这个吧。
So tell us about this.
是的,今天我们有几个类别,这是第一个:通过‘让灯变绿’这个短语来掌握交通信号灯的时机。
Yeah, we have a few sort of buckets today and this is the first one, timing traffic lights with that first phrase, make the light.
这意味着要在信号灯变红前通过路口。
So this means to get through a stoplight before it turns red.
所以通常有人会稍微加速,以便在灯变黄或即将变灯时通过,对吧?
So often someone will speed up a little bit to get through if it's yellow or about to change, right?
这样他们就能赶在灯变红前通过。
So they can make the light.
赶在灯变前通过。
Make the light.
所以,你可以说我们刚好赶上了绿灯,意思是你几乎是从中间穿过去的。
So, you could say we barely made the light, meaning you basically went through it.
是的,当时灯可能是黄的。
Yeah, when it was yellow, probably.
没错。
Exactly.
就像你刚好在没停下的情况下及时穿了过去,对吧?
Like you just barely got through it in time without having to stop, right?
是的。
Yeah.
或者事故是由于有人试图抢黄灯造成的。
Or the accident was caused by someone trying to make the light.
这种情况经常发生,有人试图抢灯通过,而来自相反方向的车辆撞上了那辆车。
That happens a lot where someone's trying to get through the light, the other traffic coming from the other way hits that car.
没错。
True.
我不知道为什么我到现在还这么做,但每次遇到黄灯,我都会亲一下车顶。
I don't know why I still do this, but I still do it every time I go through a yellow a yellow light, I still kiss the ceiling.
比如,我亲一下手,然后亲一下——我都不知道自己这习惯从哪儿来的。
Like, I kiss my hand and kiss the I don't even know where it came from.
我甚至不知道这算不算宗教行为,或者到底是什么,但我就是会做。
I don't even know if it's religious or what it even is, but I do it.
我小时候开始这么做的,你父母也这样吗?
I started doing it when was Do your parents do that?
没有。
No.
没人这么做。
No one else does it.
没有朋友这么做。
No no friends do it.
我只是唯一一个在扔的人
I'm just the only one that's throwing
撒盐过肩膀。
salt over your shoulder.
这就像一种迷信。
It's like a superstition.
是的。
Yeah.
这真是奇怪,我们这些属于个性的小习惯竟然会一直保留下来。
It's a I don't even it's just weird how we these little personal habits of our personalities, they stick.
我喜欢这个。
I love that.
这是一个有趣的怪癖。
That's a fun quirk.
这是一个非常有趣的小小怪癖。
That's a really fun little quirk.
我停不下来。
I can't stop doing it.
所以你看。
So there you go.
好吧。
All right.
下一个会是什么,奥布里?
What would be the next one, Aubrey?
是的。
Yeah.
所以,这个表达的意思非常相似,就是赶在灯变红前通过。
So, this has a very similar meaning, beat the light.
所以我们试图加速,赶在灯变红前通过,避免停下来。
So, we try to make the light, we try to beat the light, to speed up, to try and get through the light without having to stop.
是的,没错。
Yes, exactly.
所以,你可以说他加速了。
So, you could say he sped up.
再次提醒,'speed up' 的过去式是 'sped up',朋友们。
Again, the past tense of speed up is sped up, guys.
对吧?
Right?
哦,是的。
Oh, yeah.
他加速了,刚好提前一秒钟赶在灯变前通过。
He sped up and beat the light by just a second.
对吧?
Right?
嗯嗯。
Mhmm.
或者他试图赶在灯变红前通过,结果被测速照相机拍到闯红灯了。
Or he tried to beat the light and got a photo radar ticket for running it.
是啊。
Oh, yeah.
看,这就是生活。
See, that's you live.
我们现在住的地方有太多测速照相机了。
There are so many photo radar cameras where we live now.
如果有人闯红灯,很可能会收到一张罚单。
If someone runs the light, then they're likely to get a ticket in the mail.
以前可简单多了。
It it just used to be so easy.
你只需要买一个那种雷达探测器就行了。
You just had to get one of those radar detectors.
我小时候我们家就有那种东西。
We had those when I was growing up.
我不知道你们那边有没有。
I don't know if you had those.
它们会放在仪表盘上,能探测到雷达信号。你有雷达探测器吗?
They would sit on your dashboard, and it would detect Did you have a radar detector?
是的。
Oh, yeah.
我们全家都有那个。
Everyone my family had that.
我们都用过。
We all did.
我觉得这大概是新罕布什尔州的特色。
I think it was like a a New Hampshire thing.
我不知道。
I don't know.
自由生活或死亡之州。
Live free or die state.
对吧?
Right?
就像这样。
Like Yeah.
所以你买了你的
So you get your
雷达探测器,当有警察停在路边准备抓你时,它就会疯狂地哔哔响,但现在情况复杂多了。
radar detector, and it would just go beep beep like crazy when there was a cop sitting there ready to get you, but now it's just so much more complicated.
对吧?
Right?
我们头顶上有摄像头。
There are cameras above us.
还有那种会拍摄你车牌照片的直升机。
There are, like, helicopters that will take your photo of your license plate.
现在事情太多了。
It's a lot going on.
这对我们来说更安全。
Which is safer for us.
对吧?
Right?
这迫使汽车开得更慢,但确实,你再也无法像九十年代那样为所欲为了。
It's forcing cars to drive more But, yeah, you can't get away with what you could in the nineties.
怀念九十年代。
Miss the 90s.
是的。
Yeah.
然后还遇上每一个红灯。
And then hit every red light.
你觉得这种情况有时也会发生在你身上吗?
Do you feel like this happens to you sometimes?
总是这样。
Always.
如果我赶时间,是的。
If I'm in a hurry, yes.
对。
Yes.
所以这实际上意味着你不得不在每一个红绿灯前停下,因为就在你到达时灯刚好变红。
So this is, know, it really means to like have to stop at every stoplight because it's turning red right before you get there.
但有趣的是,我们有时会用这个说法比喻性地表示我运气不好,事情都不顺。
But it's interesting, we use this sometimes idiomatically to just mean I'm having bad timing, things are not going well.
你甚至可以谈论整个人生,说就像我遇到了每一个红灯。
You could be talking about life in general and be like, it's like I'm hitting every red light.
对。
Right.
就像你陷入了一种不断阻碍你或妨碍你成功的循环中
Like you're in a cycle of things that are stopping you or preventing your success
是的,就是这样。
in a Yeah.
什么事都不顺。
Nothing's going your way.
对。
Yeah.
我很喜欢把这种说法当作生活中的一种隐喻。
And I love that idea of using this as kind of an analogy in life.
可以。
Could.
我从来没这么做过,但你可以试试。
I've never done it, but you could do it.
对吧?
Right?
你可以的。
You could.
就像,是的,我只想把事情做完,但这周我遇到的全是红灯。
It's like, yeah, I'm just trying to get things done, but I'm hitting every red light this week.
完全正确。
Absolutely.
是的。
Yeah.
所以这里有一些例子。
So here's some examples.
我来这儿的路上遇到了所有红灯。
I hit every red light on the way here.
‘hit’ 这个动词很有趣,它的现在时和过去分词形式是一样的。
This is hit is an interesting verb where it's the same in present and the past participle.
所以我来这儿的路上遇到了所有红灯。
So I hit every red light on the way here.
我喜欢这个。
I love that.
太棒了。
So good.
是的。
Yes.
或者你可以说,好像我总是遇到所有红灯。
Or you could just say, seems like I always hit every red light.
我们不知道这是比喻还是字面意思,两种都有可能。
So we don't know whether that's metaphorical or whether that's literal, it could be.
大多数时候是这样,但我的意思是,这确实是字面意思,不过也可能是比喻。
Most of the time, but I mean, it is literal, but yeah, it could be metaphorical.
真的很酷。
Really cool.
然后是速度和流畅性。
Then speed and flow.
对吧?
Right?
给我们讲讲这个。
Tell us about this.
是的。
Yeah.
所以还有一些其他说法,更多是关于交通的车速和流畅度。
So there are a few other things we say, and it's more about the speed and flow of traffic.
所以‘踩到底’意味着突然全力加速。
So floor it means to accelerate really hard sort of all of a sudden.
你可能会说‘踩到底’,不然我们会错过出口。
So you might say floor it or we'll miss the exit.
比如你得超车才能从高速公路上驶出。
Like you have to get around a car to exit off the freeway.
是的。
Yeah.
或者我需要猛踩油门超过这辆车。
Or I need to floor it to pass this car.
对。
Right.
有些车马力不够,比如你提到的那种车,你就得猛踩油门才能超车。
And some cars that don't have as much horsepower, maybe like the car you're talking about, you would need to floor it to get past a car.
对吧?
Right?
没错。
Exactly.
没错。
Exactly.
对。
Right.
所以是的,你可以说加速,对吧?
So yeah, that just you can say speed up, right?
但‘踩到底’的意思是把油门踏板完全踩到底,一直踩到地板上。
But floor it means like you are pressing the accelerator pedal all the way to the baseboard all the way to the floor.
说‘踩到底’听起来比‘加速’更有趣。
It's also more fun to say than speed up.
踩到底。
Floor it.
各位,我们并不鼓励超速。
Guys, we don't endorse speeding.
别误会了。
Don't get the wrong idea.
别因为开罚单就怪我们。
Get speeding tickets and blame us.
我在新罕布什尔州用雷达探测器那些疯狂事,是我17岁的时候。
Those antics in New Hampshire with my radar detector were when I was 17.
我现在年纪大了,也聪明多了。
I'm much older and smarter now.
是的
Yeah.
我想知道你小时候那里是否常用这个说法。
And I'm curious if this one was popular where you grew up.
如果你习惯这个说法,琳赛,它的意思和‘floor it’一样。
If you're used to this one, Lindsay, this means the same thing as floor it.
我们会说‘gun it’。
We would say gun it.
这也意味着突然加速。
And that means also to accelerate suddenly.
对吗?
Yes?
对。
Yes.
完全正确。
Absolutely right.
没错。
Exactly.
是的。
Yeah.
你可以对别人这么说。
You'd say that you could say that to someone.
来吧,踩油门。
Come on, gun it.
比如,我们换到左车道。
Like, let's get in the left lane.
我知道这里有个很大的误解,奥布里,因为据我了解,自从我搬到西部后, apparently,左车道并不是行驶车道,但我认为在东部,更多人还是习惯开在左车道。
I know there's a big misunderstanding here, Aubrey, because from what I understand, since I moved to the West, apparently, the left lane is not a driving lane, but I think in the in the East, I think more people just drive in the left lane.
是的。
Yes.
我曾在播客里提到过这一点。
Have mentioned this on the podcast.
这真的很有趣,因为在西部,左车道是超车道。
It's really funny because in the West, the left lane is a passing lane.
超车时才用左车道,如果不超车,就请离开左车道。
Passing If you are not passing, get out of the left lane.
我刚搬到这里时,因为一直待在左车道、开得比别人快,被亲戚们取笑了一番。
Got teased by family in laws when I moved here because I was just hanging out in the left lane, just driving faster than other people.
只要你比车流速度快就行。
As long as you're faster than the flow of traffic.
但在西部,我们这儿简直到处都是牛仔。
But in the West, think we've got a lot of cowboys out here.
比如有人会从后面以120公里的速度超车。
Like someone will come up behind me going 120.
如果我占着左车道,他们会很生气,因为他们为了开这么快,冒着被开超速罚单的风险。
If I'm in the left lane, they're gonna be mad because they're risking the ticket, the speeding ticket to go that fast.
是的。
Yeah.
在美国,我不希望跟在一辆开得飞快的卡车前面。
Do not want to be in front of someone in a truck driving super fast like that in The US.
当然了。
That's for sure.
很好。
Good.
所以‘gun it’是个不错的说法。
So gun it is a good one.
这两个表达都很随意,对吧?还挺有趣的。
These are both quite informal, right, and kind of fun.
但你当然也可以这么说:嘿,咱们加快点速度。
But you, of course, could say, yo, let's speed it up.
对吧?
Right?
也许吧,完全正确。
Maybe Totally.
如果你正在上驾驶培训课,想告诉学员加速,你大概不会说‘gun it’。
If you're running like a driver's ed class and you're trying to tell the kid to go faster, you probably don't say gun it.
别这么说‘gun it’。
Don't say gun it.
你不想让学车的学生踩油门或猛踩油门。
You don't want driving students to floor it or gun it.
对吧?
Right?
绝对不行。
Definitely not.
不行。
No.
我来举几个例子。
Here's a couple examples.
灯变黄时他猛踩油门,或者我猛踩油门超过那辆卡车。
He gunned it when the light turned yellow or I gunned it to get ahead of the truck.
这一切的意思就是我突然加速了。
And all that means is I sped up quickly, abruptly.
完美。
Perfect.
好的,奥布里。
Okay, Aubrey.
我们来角色扮演一下。
Let's do a role play.
所以我们现在正开车去赴约。
So here we are driving to an appointment.
是的。
Yes.
明白了吗?
Alright?
你来开头吧?
Wanna start us out?
是的
Yeah.
哦,我们已经迟到了。
Oh, we're already late.
我知道。
I know.
踩油门,赶在灯变前过去。
Floor it and try to make the light.
抱歉,我没赶得上。
Sorry, I couldn't make it.
天啊,你本可以
Oh, man, you could have
赶在灯变前过去。
beat that light.
前几天,我猛踩油门想赶在灯变前过去,结果被测速摄像头拍到闯红灯了。
The other day, I gunned it and tried to make a light and I got a photo radar ticket for running it.
不值得。
Not worth it.
这下我们肯定要迟到了。
Now we're going to be late for sure.
我知道。
I know.
我们大概会遇到每一个红灯。
We'll probably hit every red light.
但总比被拦下好。
Better than getting pulled over though.
是啊,最糟糕的就是车里有个人逼着你开快点,我一点都不喜欢这样。
Yeah, that's the worst when you have someone in your car who's kind of bullying you to take I more don't like that at all.
我不喜欢。
I don't.
你就像不喜欢自己在这场角色扮演中的角色一样。
You're like not liking your persona in this role play.
不。
No.
我不是。
I'm not.
你也不会那样做。
And you wouldn't do that.
很好。
That's good.
不。
No.
也不喜欢那样。
Don't like that either.
不。
No.
不。
No.
我不喜欢那样,因为我觉得当我们还是孩子、在学开车时,可能会做一些愚蠢的冒险,但随着年龄增长,我们会变得更聪明。
I don't like that because I feel like when we're kids and we're learning to drive, we probably take silly risks, but then we get older and we get smarter.
是的,等我们拿到几张罚单后,就变得胆小了。
Yeah, once we've gotten a few tickets, we're gun shy.
这是个有趣的表达。
That's an interesting idiom.
意思是我们就像是不敢去冒险。
Means we're like, dare do it.
我们不愿意承担后果。
We're not willing to risk the consequences.
不,绝对不。
No, absolutely not.
我认为你的前额叶皮层会完全发育成熟。
I think your prefrontal cortex comes in fully.
当我们完全成熟后,就会意识到那不值得。
When we get fully developed and we realize that's not worth it.
是的,当然。
Yeah, for sure.
好吧,你说我刚才说:‘哎呀,我们已经迟到了。’
Alright, so you said I said, Ugh, we're already late.
然后你说:‘我知道你在开车。’
And you said, I know you're driving.
对吧?
Right?
然后我说:‘快点,踩到底,赶在灯变前过去。’
And then I say, Come on, floor it and try to make the light.
所以,我在催你。
So, I'm pushing you.
我正在
I'm
鼓励你。你让我加速,踩到底。
encouraging You're telling me to speed up, floor it.
灯刚变黄,你就让我试着冲过去,赶在灯变红前通过,抢在灯前过去。
And the light just turned yellow and you're telling me to try and get through the light, try to beat the light, make the light.
但我没有,我刹车,停下了。
And I don't, I break, I stop.
我说:抱歉,我没赶得上。
And I'm like, sorry, I couldn't make it.
是的。
Yeah.
然后我说:天啊,你本可以抢过那个灯的。
And then I said, oh man, you could have beat that light.
我还在给你施加压力。
I'm still pressuring you.
对。
Yeah.
现在你是在责怪我,对吧?
That, well, now you're criticizing me, right?
我已经停下了。
I've stopped.
我什么都做不了。
There's nothing I could do.
现在你却说,你本可以冲过黄灯,或者本可以通过这个灯。
And now you're like, you could have beat that light or you could have made that light.
这意味着,你本应该穿过黄灯。
It would mean like, you should have gone through the yellow light.
我们管这种人叫副驾驶司机。
We call this a backseat driver too.
完全正确。
Totally.
尽管这种情况更常发生在副驾驶座上,对吧?
Even though it's more often in shotgun, right?
就是坐在我旁边的人在指挥我开车。
It's the person right next to me that's backseat driving you.
展开剩余字幕(还有 93 条)
是的
Yep,
是的,完全对。
yep, totally.
然后你说了什么?
And then what did you say?
我说不行。
And I say no.
前几天我猛踩油门想冲过黄灯,结果收到了拍照罚单。
The other day I gunned it and tried to make a light and I got a photo radar ticket.
所以这意味着我照她说的做了,对吧?
So that means I did that what she was telling me to do, right?
我加速了,刚好赶在红灯前通过,但拍照系统判定我闯了红灯。
I sped up, got through a light just barely, but the photo radar determined that I ran that light.
我本该停下来才对。
I like should have stopped.
当你有这样一个人不断施压、催促你做某事时,总是件好事。
It's always good when you have someone like this kind of pressuring you and wanting you to do something.
如果你能讲一个亲身经历的故事,说明你做了这件事,然后发生了什么。
If you have a direct story of how you did the thing and then this is what happened.
即使那件事发生在很多年前,
Even if that had happened years before,
我会说
I'd be
就说昨天吧。
like Say one yesterday.
就说前几天吧。
Say the other day.
对,我同意。
Right, I agree.
然后我说:‘哦,这下我们肯定要迟到了。’
And then I said, Oh, now we're going to be late for sure.
所以我还在给你施压呢。
So I'm still giving you a hard time.
对。
Right.
我说了,我们可能会遇到每一个红灯。
And I said, We'll probably hit every red light.
但总比被拦下来要好。
Better than getting pulled over though.
好的。
Okay.
太棒了。
Fantastic.
今天真是收获满满。
Really good stuff today.
我的意思是,我们知道汽车文化在美国文化中非常重要。
I mean, we know that car culture is really important in American culture.
对吧?
Right?
这个冬天和春天我们做了不少期。
We've done episodes this winter and spring quite a bit.
我觉得米歇尔和我做了几期——
I think Michelle and I did a few-
一系列。
A series.
那是一个三部分的系列。
It was like a three part series.
确实如此。
It's so true.
我们经常谈论汽车和驾驶
We talk about cars and driving a
很多
lot
在美国。
in The United States.
因为我们在车上花了很多时间,所以再听一遍这一集吧,特别是如果你住在美国,因为这些内容会经常出现,对吧?
A lot because we spend a lot of time in our cars, And so listen to this episode again, especially if you're living in The US because these are going to come up, right?
当然。
For sure.
奥布里,还有哪一集推荐?
Aubrey, what's another episode to go to?
是的,去看看第2580期吧,主题是用这些技巧避免悲伤、担忧和恐惧。
Yeah, check out 2,580 was avoid sorrow, worry, and fear with these tips.
我们有个学生问过这些词之间的区别。
We had a student ask about the difference between those words.
那是一期很有趣的节目。
That was an interesting episode.
别错过了。
Don't miss it.
是的,我很喜欢。
Yeah, I love it.
那今天我们的最终要点是什么?
And what's our final takeaway for today?
我们应该给听众留下什么建议?
Where should we leave our listeners?
不要闯红灯。
Don't run red lights.
为了不发生事故或不被开超速罚单,这不值得,对吧?
It's not worth getting in an accident or getting a speeding ticket, right?
这些词汇真棒。
This is great vocab.
我们确实讨论过这个。
We do talk about this.
你希望掌握这些表达,以便能讨论这个话题。
You want these phrases to be able to discuss this.
是的。
Yeah.
我不确定我们是否在那个系列的汽车文化节目中提到过这一点,但另一个很好的话题是询问人们关于他们的驾照考试。
And I'm not sure if we mentioned this on the car culture episodes in that series, but another great connection topic that you could open up is asking them asking people about their driver's tests.
对吧?
Right?
在美国,大多数人会在16岁,或者可能15岁的时候参加驾照考试并取得驾照。
In The US, most people take a driver's test when they're 16 or maybe 15 and get their driver's license.
这对美国人来说是重要的一天。
It's a big day for people in The US.
完全没错。
Totally.
对吧?
Right?
这总是让我想起最难忘的那段经历。
That's always opening my up biggest that experience.
你的考试怎么样?
What was your test like?
你得倒车入库吗?
Did you have to parallel park?
你知道吗,你第一次就通过了吗?
You know, did you pass the first time?
这些问题能唤起对高中时代的回忆,帮你建立联系。
Questions there could open up memories of high school and could get you on, track for connection.
这才是目标。
And that's the goal.
即使之后话题转到其他方面也没关系。
Doesn't matter if the topic changes to something else after that.
你在建立联系。
You're connecting.
一个有趣的跳跃话题。
A fun jumping up.
或者你一开始问我的那个问题,可以问别人他们开车有多激进。
Or what you asked me in the beginning here, ask someone how aggressive of a driver they is.
这总是一个有趣的对话。
That's always a fun conversation.
太棒了。
Love it.
非常好。
So good.
好的。
Alright.
今天的内容很棒,各位。
Great stuff today, guys.
别忘了去下载这个应用。
Don't forget to go over and get the app.
这样你们就能看到今天的文字记录了。
So you see the transcripts for today.
你还会看到,可以点击哦,这是周六的节目,是吗?
You'll also see the be able to tap oh, this is a Saturday episode, is it?
不,不是。
No, it's not.
不是。
Nope.
它是2585年。
It's 2585.
不错。
Nice.
你会看到今天的字幕,而且你还可以点击单词,将它们保存到你的个人词汇列表中。
Will see the transcripts for today, and you will also be able to tap words and save them to your personal power list.
好吗?
Alright?
很棒的内容。
Good stuff.
好的。
Alright.
奥布里,下次见。
Aubrey, see you next time.
是的。
Yes.
再见
See you
下次见,各位。
guys next time.
再见。
Bye.
再见。
Bye.
感谢收听《All Ears English》。
Thanks for listening to All Ears English.
你想知道自己的英语水平吗?
Would you like to know your English level?
来参加我们的两分钟测验吧。
Take our two minute quiz.
访问 allearsenglish.com/fluency-score。
Go to allearsenglish.com forward slash fluency score.
如果你相信连接胜过完美,那就现在点击订阅,确保不错过任何内容。
And if you believe in connection not perfection, then hit subscribe now to make sure you don't miss anything.
下次见。
See you next time.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。