本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
这是All Ears English播客第2586期。
This is an All Ears English Podcast episode twenty five eighty six.
你应该如何介绍自己并认识All Ears English团队?
How should you introduce yourself and meet the All Ears English team?
欢迎收听All Ears English播客,本节目已下载超过两亿次。
Welcome to the All Ears English Podcast downloaded more than 200,000,000 times.
你是否在英语学习上感到停滞不前?
Are you feeling stuck with your English?
我们将教你如何通过注重交流而非完美,变得自信而流利。本节目由美国主持人奥布里·卡特、雅思专家琳赛·麦卡锡以及英语冒险家共同为您呈现,他们来自美国亚利桑那州和科罗拉多州。
We'll show you how to become fearless and fluent by focusing on connection, not perfection with your American host, Aubrey Carter, the IELTS whiz, and Lindsay McMahon, the English adventurer, coming to you from Arizona and Colorado, USA.
要每周通过电子邮件接收文字稿,请访问allearsenglish.com/subscribe。
And to get your transcripts delivered by email every week, go to allearsenglish.com forward slash subscribe.
在生活中,有许多不同的情境都需要你准备一个得体专业的自我介绍。
In life, there's so many different contexts in which you need a polished professional self intro.
了解在何时以及如何使用这些自我介绍,同时认识All Ears English背后的团队。
Learn when and how you might need these, plus meet the team behind the scenes of All Ears English.
英语是你在会议、面试和谈判中被评估的一部分,不管你喜不喜欢。
English is part of how you're evaluated, whether you like it or not, in meetings, in interviews, in negotiations.
问题不在于你的英语是否可以接受或足够好。
The question isn't whether your English is okay or good enough.
而在于它是否对你有用。
It's whether it's working for you.
它是否帮你获得了应得的晋升和加薪?
Is it getting you the promotions and the salary raises that you deserve?
如果没有,今年就该采取行动了。
If not, this is the year to do something about it.
我们的免费两分钟流利度测试能告诉你真实的英语水平——B1、B2还是C1,以及你如何真正提升,以在职场或全球生活中取得成功。
Our free two minute fluency quiz shows you your true English level, b one, b two, or c one, and where you can level up for real world success for your career or your global life in English.
现在就免费参加测试,请访问 allearsenglish.com/fluencyscore。
Take the quiz now for free at allearsenglish.com/fluencyscore.
网址是 allearsenglish.com/fluencyscore。
That's allearsenglish.com/fluencyscore.
你好,你今天怎么样?
Hello, How are you today?
我今天感觉很棒。
I'm feeling great today.
我对于这个话题特别兴奋,因为这正是工作与生活交融的地方,对吧?
I am super excited for this topic because this is where work blends with life, right?
我们已经准备好了。
We're I'm talking about so ready.
当然。
Absolutely.
我也是。
Me too.
而且我非常期待你听到All Ears English团队的声音。
And I'm so excited for you to hear the voices of the All Ears English team.
认识一下我们一些出色的同事。
Meet some of our wonderful coworkers.
是的。
Yeah.
是的,这会很有趣。
Yeah, is gonna be fun.
今天是特别的一集,对吧?
It's a special episode today, isn't it?
是的, definitely。
Yeah, definitely.
能够介绍自己非常重要,无论是在工作中的专业场合,还是面对新朋友。
And this is so important to be able to introduce yourself either at work in more of a professional context or to a new friend.
当你认识某人时,你希望能够简明扼要地分享基本信息,但这其实挺有挑战的。
You know someone that you're meeting, you want to be able to share the high level right and this is tricky too.
我们会讨论当别人问你在哪里工作、在工作中做什么时,你应该分享多少细节。
We're going share like how much detail should you share when someone asks where you work, what you do at work.
对。
Right.
当你谈论自己的职位时,有一些当下很流行、常用的关键词汇。
And there's some key vocabulary that are popular, common nowadays when you are talking about your position.
我觉得‘你的角色’这个说法非常常见,我经常听到。
Your role is a very common phrase I feel like I hear a lot.
我在X公司的角色是XYZ。
My role at X company is XYZ.
现在我在LinkedIn上到处都能看到这句话。
I'm seeing that on LinkedIn everywhere nowadays.
所以,掌握这些词汇真的很重要。
So, really important to know this vocabulary.
当然。
Absolutely.
是的。
Yes.
所以,今天我们很兴奋。
So, today we're excited.
你将认识我们的团队成员,并学习如何以专业的方式介绍自己。
You're going to meet our team members and learn how to introduce yourself in a professional way.
我们实际上正在回答一个收到的问题。
We're actually answering a question that was sent in.
莉萨,你愿意为我们读一下这个问题吗?
Would you like to read that for us Lindsay?
天哪,我太乐意了。
Oh my god, I would love to.
这是来自毛罗的。
This is from Mauro.
毛罗说,2026年将是你们节目播出的第八年。
Mauro says, 2026 is my eighth year listening to you guys.
天啊,这真是太棒了。
Oh my gosh, that is so amazing.
我太喜欢了。
I love it.
太棒了。
So good.
我真的超喜欢。
I just love it.
这上瘾了,哈哈。
It's an addiction, LOL.
这是一种非常健康的上瘾。
That's a very healthy addiction to have.
非常健康。
Very healthy.
是的。
Yeah.
那里有很多好处。
Lots of benefits there.
我觉得你应该做一个介绍All Ears English团队的节目。
I think you should do an episode introducing the All Ears English team.
我的意思是,后办公室的那些人。
I mean, the guys in the back office.
此致敬意,毛罗。
Best regards, Mauro.
多好的一个问题啊。
What a good question.
真是个绝佳的问题。
It's such a great question.
我喜欢这个。
I love it.
这就像虚拟后办公室,对吧?
It's like virtual back office, right?
因为我们没有实体办公室,所以没有正式的办公地点,但没错。
Since we don't have any brick and mortar, there is no official office, but yes.
没错。
You got it.
没错。
You got it.
这真的很重要。
And that's a really important thing.
我们重视我们的团队成员。
We value our team members.
我们的许多团队成员已经和我们共事很久了。
Many of our team members have been with us for a long time.
他们在幕后做着非常重要的工作,我非常兴奋今天能把他们带到台前。
They're behind the scenes doing really important work and I'm so excited to bring them to the forefront here today.
是的。
Yes,
没错。
exactly.
所以各位,无论你在哪个平台收听,记得关注我们。
So guys, be sure to hit follow wherever you're listening.
如果你喜欢我们的连接,而不是完美,如果你也相信这一点,那就记得关注我们。
If you love our connection, not perfection, if you believe that as well, then be sure to hit follow.
明白了。
You got it.
好的。
All right.
所以我们需要模板,对吧?
So we need templates, right?
模板在词汇和结构上非常有用,尤其是在介绍我们自己和我们的角色时。
So templates are always really good to lean on for vocabulary, for structure, when it comes to introducing ourselves and our role
在工作中。
at work.
是的,完全正确,对吧?
Yes, exactly, right?
你有一个模板,然后只需填入角色和公司名称。
You have a template and then you just plug in the role, the company name.
所以我们来聊聊一些你在自我介绍时可能会提到的内容类别。
So we're going to go over some sort of buckets of things you might share when you introduce yourself.
第一个是说明你的职位。
And the first one is just sharing what your role is.
没错。
Exactly.
你可以说,我在All Ears English的职位是……
So you can say, My role at All Ears English is right?
然后你把这句话里的公司名称替换成你实际工作的公司。
And then you fill that in with whatever company you work for.
我在公司的职位是……
My role at company is blank.
对吧。
Right.
或者说,我目前担任……,然后加上你在公司的职位。
Or I currently serve as and then your position at company.
所以我会说,我目前担任All Ears English的社区经理。
So I'd say I currently serve as the community manager at All Ears English.
对。
Yep.
我觉得这个说法听起来更高级、更正式一些。
And I think this one sounds a little bit more elevated, a little bit more formal to me.
所以我们要根据具体向谁自我介绍来选择合适的词汇。
So again, we're going to pick and choose our vocab depending on exactly who we're introducing ourselves to.
对吧?
Right?
这可能适用于大公司。
And this might be for a bigger company.
对吧?
Right?
对于有很多不同团队和部门的公司,这种说法可能更合适。
Companies that have lots of different teams and departments, this might be more, you know, appropriate.
当然。
Sure.
你也可以这么说:我是All Ears English编辑部的一员,担任主编。
You could also say, I'm part of All Ears English's editing department where I work as a head editor.
我只是随口编的,Aubrey,完全是即兴发挥。
I'm just making this up at the top of my head, off the top of my head here, Aubrey.
没错,对吧?
Exactly, right?
我觉得我丈夫所在的公司要大得多,对吧?
I think of for my husband, it's a much bigger company, right?
他会说:我是Fountain公司销售部的一名解决方案顾问。
He would say, I'm part of Fountain's sales department where I work as a solutions consultant.
所以对于大公司来说,这样介绍你所在的部门确实更合适。
So for bigger companies, right, this makes sense to share like the department in the company where you work.
是的,而且你知道吗?根据公司的规模,职位和头衔在大公司里可能更重要,对吧?
Yeah, and you know, Depending on the size of the company, role and position and title might matter more in larger companies, right?
或者根据你跟谁聊天,对吧?
Or depending on who you're talking to, right?
如果你在行业活动中,那些人确实想知道你的具体职位和部门,他们会感兴趣。
If you're at an industry and those people really do want to know your actual role and the department and then they're interested.
如果你遇到邻居,他们问你在哪里工作,你可能不会提到部门。
If you're meeting a neighbor and they ask where you work, you might not share the department.
他们根本不关心。
They don't care.
对,对,对,对。
Right, right, right, right.
小公司的优点是,如果你觉得没有正式头衔,你可以去跟老板说,嘿。
And the cool thing about small companies is if you feel like you don't have an official title, you can go to I mean, you can try going to your boss and saying, hey.
我们能给我一个头衔吗?
Can we can I have a title?
你明白我的意思吗?
You know what I mean?
你可以这么做,因为在像我们这样的小公司里,头衔并不那么重要,我们只是来把工作做完。
You can do that because at small companies like our company, titles are not really as important as we're just here getting the work done.
对吧?
Right?
创造成果。
Creating results.
但在大公司里,这很重要,在你未来的职业生涯中也可能很重要。
But at big companies, it matters and in your future career, it might matter.
所以你可以和你的老板谈一谈,和你的经理一起制定属于自己的头衔,这真的很棒。
So you can have that conversation with your boss and you can construct your own title alongside your manager, which is really cool.
对吧?
Right?
是的,没错。
Yes, exactly.
最后,我在公司的职位主要关注的是,这里你以另一种方式分享你的职责范围或专业领域。
And then lastly, my position at the company focuses on, and so here you're sharing sort of your area of responsibility, your area of expertise in a different way.
不错。
Nice.
太棒了。
Love it.
好的,这就是在描述你的角色。
Okay, so that is stating your role.
接下来在模板中我们该做什么?
What would we do next in the template?
对。
Yeah.
谈谈你在公司工作了多久,也就是资历。
Talking about how long you've worked there or tenure.
你可以说,我在公司已经待了一段时间。
You might say, I've been with company for a time period.
对我而言,我在All Ears English已经工作了六年。
So for me, I've been with All Ears English for six years.
不错。
Nice.
完美。
Perfect.
太喜欢了。
Love it.
你也可以这么说:我十二年前加入了All Ears English。
Or you could say, I joined All Ears English twelve years ago.
这适用于我,当我们最初在波士顿创办公司时,我就是那时候开始的。
That that applies to me when we first started the company when I started it back in Boston in 2013.
我加入公司的时候,就是我创办公司的时候。
That's when I joined the company is when I started.
没错。
Exactly.
对吧?
Right?
所以这两种说法对琳赛来说都适用。
So either of these would work for Lindsay.
她可能会说,我十二年前创办了All Ears English。
She would probably say I started All Ears English twelve years ago.
没错。
Exactly.
好的,那我们简单介绍一下我们的职责,对吧?
Okay, then we describe our responsibilities just very briefly, right?
是的,因为这才是关键。
Yes, because that's really what's key.
而且这确实取决于你跟谁聊。
And it does depend on who you're talking to.
可能会根据情况不同,比如最近有人在排球活动中问我关于我工作的事。
May depend, you know, someone at volleyball very recently asked me about my job where I work.
这挺有意思的,我到底该分享多少细节呢?
And it was interesting, this like, how much detail do I share?
我并没有真正提及我的职责,但她随后问了一些跟进的问题。
And I didn't really share anything about responsibilities, but then she asked follow-up questions.
她想更多地了解我做什么。
She wanted to know more about what I do.
所以最后我用了一些
So then I ended up using some
这些。
of these.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
我觉得最好先用较少的词语开始,对吧?
I think it's a better idea to start with fewer words, right?
先从简单的开始,然后如果对方感兴趣,再激发他们的好奇心,这样他们就会
Start with and then evoke that curiosity maybe if they're interested and then they
如果他们真的想知道,他们可能会问后续的问题,然后你再分享这些。
can If they really want to know, they'll probably ask a follow-up question and then maybe you share this.
没错。
Exactly.
所以你可以再次开始,我的职责主要围绕写作和教育,比如,对吧?
So you can start, again, my responsibilities center around writing and education maybe, for example, right?
或者说我主要负责的是,对我而言,就是参与社区建设、回应学生活动、组织学生口语交流会。
Or I'm primarily responsible for, and for me I would say, helping in the community, responding to student activities, hosting student speaking meetups.
对,对,听起来没错。
Yep, yep, that sounds right.
奥布里,你某种程度上是我们的社区经理,对吧?
Aubrey, you serve as our community manager in a sense, right?
你在帮助学生、回答问题、主持我们的现场口语活动,这真是一个很棒的位置,真正处于学生的核心。
You're helping students, answering questions, hosting our live speaking events, and what a cool place to be, really in the center of our students.
我知道。
I know.
这非常有趣。
It's very fun.
我真的很喜欢。
I really love it.
很好。
Good.
我们还可以这样说,我的职责包括——这里我们需要一个动词加-ing形式,一个动词加-ing形式,也许再加一个动词加-ing形式。
And then we could also say, my role involves and here we're looking for a verb plus ing, a verb plus ing, and maybe another verb plus ing.
所以这里我们可以这样说:我的职责包括做决定、领导和激励团队。
So here we could say, my role involves making decisions, leading, and motivating the team.
对吧?
Right?
就是这样。
There you go.
或者我与……密切合作,对我而言,我会说主要是学生,还有播客的联合主持人。
Or I work closely with, and for me I would likely say students, you know, and podcast co hosts.
你还可以补充到目标部分,对吧?
And then you could also add to and then like the objective, right?
以确保我们的所有学生都能成功实现他们的英语学习目标。
To make sure all of our students are successful in reaching their English learning goals.
太棒了。
Wonderful.
然后这一部分可能也是可选的,对吧?
And then you can also this part is maybe optional, right?
如果对方对你的说法很感兴趣,我们可以把这部分作为可选内容,对吧?
If the person seems pulled into what you're saying, we could reserve this as an optional one, right?
或者如果他们问:你最喜欢工作中的哪一点?
Or if they ask, like, What do you love about your job?
完全正确。
Totally.
所以这里我们强调的是我们享受的部分。
So here we're highlighting what we enjoy.
我工作最有成就感的部分就是看到学生的成果。
The most rewarding part of my job is seeing student results.
对吧?
Right?
是的。
Yes.
填空时写出影响或结果。
Fill in the blank with the impact or the result.
对吧?
Right?
你认为最有意义、最有成就感的地方。
What you find the most meaningful, the most rewarding.
或者另一个例子,我最看重这份工作的方面是,然后你可以填入一个挑战、你能学到的东西,或者你能产生的影响。
Or another example, what I value most about this position is, and then you could fill that in with a challenge, something you are able to learn, an impact you are able to make.
所以我想再次分享,能够看到学生取得成功并实现目标。
So I again would share there being able to see students succeed and reach their goals.
是的。
Yeah.
所以你会说,我最看重这份工作的就是能够。
So you'd say what I value most about this position is being able.
所以我们这里用的是动词加ing形式。
So we're using that verb plus ing.
这一点非常重要。
Really important piece there.
对吧?
Right?
是的。
Yes.
没错。
Exactly.
是的。
Yeah.
好的。
Okay.
太好了。
Great.
好的,奥布里。
Okay, Aubrey.
我很期待我们的听众认识All Ears English团队。
I am excited for our listeners to meet the All Ears English team.
你觉得怎么样?
What do you think?
是的。
Are Yes.
你真的很有趣。
You is so fun.
我们将播放一段来自All Ears English团队三位成员——加斯帕、詹迪和雷妮的简短音频。
We are going to play a short audio clip from three of the All Ears English team members, Gaspar, Jandy, and Renee.
他们将自我介绍,并使用我们教过的某些表达来描述自己在All Ears English的职责。
They will introduce themselves, describe their roles at All Ears English using some of these phrases that we taught.
太棒了。
Beautiful.
好的。
Alright.
那我们播放这段音频吧,好吗?
So let's roll that clip, shall we?
是的。
Yes.
大家好。
Hello, everyone.
我是Gaspar。
I'm Gaspar.
我已经在All Ears English担任播客编辑十二年了。
I have been with All Ears English as a podcast editor for twelve years already.
我的工作是编辑所有播客录音。
My role here is editing all the podcast recordings.
我的主要职责包括删除错误、提升音频质量等等。
My main duties include cutting out the mistakes, enhancing the audio quality and many more.
我最喜欢这份工作的地方是与团队建立联系,像第二个家庭一样互相帮助。
My favorite thing about my job is connecting to my team and helping each other like a second family.
谢谢。
Thank you.
你好,我是简迪。
Hello, I'm Jandy.
我已在All Ears English工作五年了。
I've been working with All Ears English for five years.
我是一名虚拟助理和视频编辑。
I'm a virtual assistant and video editor.
我的主要职责是编辑和发布我们播客的YouTube视频,并协助团队完成多项行政任务。
My main responsibility is editing and publishing YouTube videos of our podcasts, as well as supporting the team with several administrative tasks.
我最喜欢这份工作的地方是它的灵活性。
My favorite thing about my job is the flexibility.
它让我在全心陪伴家人的同时还能赚钱。
It allows me to earn while staying fully present for my family.
嗨,我叫雷妮。
Hi, my name is Renee.
我加入All Ears English大约四个月了。
I've been with All Ears English for about four months.
我是这里的数字营销人员,我的工作主要是把我们的课程、播客和社区精准地推送给合适的人群。
I'm the digital marketer here and my role focuses mostly on bringing our courses, podcasts and community to the right people at the right time.
我最喜欢这份工作的地方是看到我们的内容真正帮助人们更自信地用英语交流。
My favorite thing about my job is seeing how our content genuinely helps people feel more confident connecting in English.
好的。
All right.
所以,奥布里,听到我们团队幕后的声音真是太棒了。
So, Aubrey, that was amazing to hear the voices of our team behind the scenes.
我很高兴我们能在节目中让每个人的声音都被听到。
I'm so glad we're able to bring everyone's voice forward on the show.
当然。
Absolutely.
我们非常感谢他们所有的辛勤工作和奉献。
We are so grateful for all of their hard work and dedication.
如果没有他们幕后的努力,我们就不可能每天从三个不同的播客中为你带来新内容。
Without their behind the scenes work, it wouldn't be possible to bring you new episodes every day from three different podcasts.
我们这里所取得的成就真的令人惊叹。
It's truly amazing what we have going on here.
我们能拥有他们,真是太幸运了。
We're so incredibly lucky to have them.
而且,各位,要对你们的团队心怀感激,对吧?
And again, guys, be grateful to your team, right?
你身居领导岗位,要经常与他们保持联系。
You're in a leadership position, them on a regular basis.
心怀感恩。
Be grateful.
而且,你知道吗,今天的关键是自我介绍很重要,对吧?
And, you know, the takeaway for today is introducing yourself matters, right?
无论是在社交活动、舞台场景,还是在会议上,这种表达方式的变体在很多情境下都能派上用场。
Whether we're at a networking event, more on stage kind of situation, maybe at a conference, there's a lot of context in which variations of this template could be used.
没错。
Absolutely.
你分享的细节程度也很重要。
And the level of detail you share matters.
很可能在座的每一位听众,包括林赛和我,都经历过这样的对话:你问别人是做什么的,他们却一股脑儿讲太多细节,把工作内容、职位全倒出来,信息过载,完全不是双向交流。
Likely everyone out there listening, Lindsay and I as well, have been in that conversation where you ask someone what they do and they share way too much detail, everything about their job and the position and it's too much and it's not a back and forth.
它本可以是一场双向对话。
It can be a back and forth conversation.
如果对方主动追问,或者真的表现出兴趣,那你再进一步多分享一些。
If the other person asks a follow-up question or genuinely seems interested, then you can share more.
所以这也是这项技能的一部分。
So that's part of this skill as well.
这是个非常好的观点。
That's a really good point.
在开放对话俱乐部,我们每次的一个关键规则是:不要变成‘自我中心怪’。
At Open Conversation Club, one of our key rules every time is don't be a me monster.
所以你可能很少会一步一步地完整使用这个模板。
So it may be rare that you actually go through this whole template, you know, step by step by step.
你可能只说第一部分,然后对方提出跟进问题,你再逐步融入这些内容。
You may be you may say the first piece, and then they ask a follow-up question, and you work in these pieces.
对吧?
Right?
所以这并不是要你像机器人一样,自顾自地说上六十秒。
So this is not meant to be like a robotic, let me just talk for sixty seconds here.
对吧?
Right?
除非你是站在舞台上的那种情况。
Unless it is that situation where you are on stage.
是的,没错,正是如此。
Yeah, that Yes, would be exactly.
这取决于具体情况。
It depends on the situation.
而通常最有效的方式是进行互动交流,你先分享自己的角色和公司,然后也问他们同样的问题。
And often the best way this can work is if it's a back and forth where you just share your role, the company and then ask them the same.
他们分享后,可能会进一步询问你职责的细节,或者你最喜欢这份工作的哪些方面。
They share and then they might ask you more details about your responsibilities or what you love about it.
然后你再问他们,对吧?
Then you ask them, right?
这样会形成更有趣的来回互动。
And it's a more interesting back and forth.
另外,今天想总结的一个非常棒的想法是:注意当你谈论自己工作时的感受。
And also kind of a really cool thought to wrap up today is notice how you feel when you talk about what you do at work.
对吧?
Right?
我知道对我来说,我依然会微笑,有时别人会说,你对你所做的事看起来真的很兴奋,或者你充满活力。
I know for me, I still smile and people will sometimes comment like, you seem so excited about what you do or you have so much energy.
比如,当我谈到我们的播客时,他们能感受到一种能量上的变化。
Like, they can feel an energetic shift when I talk about our podcast.
这意味着你走在正确的道路上。
And that means that you're on the right track.
对吧?
Right?
所以你可以把这个当作一个基准,来判断我是否在从事正确的职业?
And so you can use this as like a benchmark of like, am I in the right career?
我是否在正确的时间,与正确的公司和正确的人一起做正确的事?
Am I doing the right thing at the right time with the right company and the right people?
这是个很好的观点。
So that's a good point.
如果你回答这些问题时,心里有点觉得:哦,我一直在做这个,
If you answer these questions and you're kinda like, oh, I've been doing this or
我确实是。
I've Yeah.
一直在做,也许是时候考虑改变了。
Been doing Maybe it's time to look at a change.
对吧?
Right?
对。
Right.
没错。
Exactly.
有趣的问题。
Interesting question.
是的。
Yeah.
好的。
Alright.
今天的内容很棒,奥布里。
Good stuff today, Aubrey.
感谢你参加节目,也感谢我们出色的团队贡献了他们的片段。
Thanks for being on the show, and thanks to our amazing team for contributing their clips.
太棒了。
That's awesome.
谢谢,林赛。
Thanks, Lindsay.
下次见。
I'll see you next time.
好的。
Alright.
再见。
Bye.
再见。
Bye.
感谢收听《All Ears English》。
Thanks for listening to All Ears English.
你想知道自己的英语水平吗?
Would you like to know your English level?
来参加我们的两分钟测验吧。
Take our two minute quiz.
访问 allearsenglish.com/fluency-score。
Go to allearsenglish.com forward slash fluency score.
如果你相信连接胜过完美,那就现在点击订阅,确保不错过任何内容。
And if you believe in connection not perfection, then hit subscribe now to make sure you don't miss anything.
下次见。
See you next time.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。