本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
这里是《全神贯注学英语》播客。
This is the All Ears English podcast.
避免这些英语形容词的常见错误。
Avoid mistakes with these English adjectives.
欢迎收听下载量超过2亿次的《全神贯注学英语》播客。
Welcome to the All Ears English podcast downloaded more than 200,000,000 times.
你是否感觉英语学习遇到了瓶颈?
Are you feeling stuck with your English?
我们将向你展示如何通过关注交流而非完美主义,变得自信流利——由你的美国主持人雅思专家奥布里·卡特和英语冒险家林赛·麦克马洪,从美国亚利桑那州和科罗拉多州为您呈现。
We'll show you how to become fearless and fluent by focusing on connection, not perfection with your American host, Aubrey Carter, the IELTS whiz, and Lindsey McMahon, the English adventurer, coming to you from Arizona and Colorado, USA.
想要在手机上获取实时文字稿并创建个性化词汇表?快来试试《全神贯注学英语》iOS和安卓应用吧。
To get real time transcripts right on your phone and create your personalized vocabulary list, try the All Ears English app for iOS and Android.
立即登录allearsenglish.com/app开启7天免费试用。
Start your seven day free trial at allearsenglish.com/app.
什么最打动你?
What is moving to you?
什么是令人心暖的事?
What is heartwarming?
当我们分享这些时,我们其实分享了很多关于自己的故事。
When we share this, we share a lot about ourselves.
今天请收听节目,学习用英语表达感动之情的多种新方式。
Listen in today to get new ways to say what moves you in English.
为你的日常生活增添一点好奇心,收听TED Talks Daily播客,每个工作日为你带来一场新TED演讲。
Add a little curiosity into your routine with TED Talks Daily, the podcast that brings you a new TED Talk every weekday.
每天不到十五分钟,你将超越新闻头条,了解塑造未来的重要理念。
In less than fifteen minutes a day, you'll go beyond the headlines and learn about the big ideas shaping your future.
接下来节目将探讨:AI如何改变我们的沟通方式、如何成为更优秀的领导者等内容。
Coming up, how AI will change the way we communicate, how to be a better leader, and more.
在任意播客平台收听TED Talks Daily。
Listen to TED Talks daily wherever you get your podcasts.
嘿,奥布里。
Hey there, Aubrey.
最近怎么样?
What's shaking?
我很好,琳赛。
I'm great, Lindsay.
你呢?
How are you?
不错。
Good.
感觉很好。
Feeling good.
我们马上就要进入十二月假期了。
We're getting into the holidays here December.
天啊。
Oh my gosh.
真不敢相信。
I can't believe it.
是的。
Yes.
哦,说到假期,我有个问题想问你。
Oh, speaking of holidays, I have a question for you.
好的。
Alright.
你最近看到的最暖心的事是什么?
What's the last thing you saw that was heartwarming?
比如,节日期间会有很多温馨的时刻。
Like, there are a lot of heartwarming moments over the holidays.
是啊。
Yeah.
我周末看了部老电影《艺伎回忆录》。
I mean, I I watched a movie, an old movie, Memoirs of a Geisha over the weekend.
你看过吗?
Have you ever seen it?
哦,是的。
Oh, yes.
但已经很久了。
But it's been ages.
我不记得了。
I don't remember.
哇。
Wow.
电影。
Movie.
是啊。
Yeah.
结局可以说有点暖心,很温馨。
The ending is kind of heartwarming, heartwarming, I would say.
但同时这也是部有点悲伤的电影,不过文化上非常有趣。
But it's also kind of a sad movie at the same time, but it's very culturally interesting.
这是一部好电影。
It's a good one.
这是一部好电影。
It's a good one.
好的,不错。
Okay, nice.
我很喜欢。
I love that.
我喜欢这个形容词。
I love this adjective.
分享你觉得温暖或感动的时刻是建立连接的绝佳方式,因为你在谈论对你真正有意义的事物。
And sharing what you find heartwarming or touching is such a great way to connect because you're talking about what is really meaningful to you.
哦,天哪,确实如此。
Oh, my gosh, for sure.
这就是那种我们获得的技能远超表面价值的时刻,它表达的意义远不止字面意思。
This is one of those episodes where we get a skill that does so much more, that says so much more than just the words.
就像那部电影触动人心的事实,更多反映的是我而非电影本身。
Like the fact that like that movie was touching says more about me than just about that movie.
对吧?
Right?
是的,完全正确。
Yes, exactly.
但这其实是受我们在描述电影时看到的一个学生错误启发的。
But this was inspired by a student mistake that we saw when describing a film.
有个学生说这是个'心触'的故事。
A student said it's a heart touching story.
我完全理解这个错误很容易犯,因为我们说'暖心'也说'动人',但不会说'心触'。
I can totally see how this could be a very easy mistake to make because we say heartwarming and we say touching, but we don't say heart touching.
所以今天我们要深入探讨这个词汇问题。
So, we're going to get into this vocabulary today.
是啊,公平地说这些不算真正的习语,算是吧?不过我经常把习语搞混。
Yeah, and to be fair, these aren't really idioms, they kind of are, guess, but I mix up my idioms all the time.
这很容易发生。
It's easy to do.
很多母语者都会这样。
Lots of native speakers do this.
你会在播客或广播中听到这种情况。
You'll hear it on podcasts or the radios.
他们就像把两个混在一起了。
They'll just like mix two.
两个。
Two.
这个
This
经常发生。
happens all the time.
经常。
All the time.
所以,点击节目这里的关注按钮。
So, hit the follow button right here on the show.
如果你喜欢《全耳英语》,我们的目标是为你提供实际建立联系的技能,因为我们知道连接会带来更幸福的生活。
If you love All Ears English, our goal is to give you skills that help you actually connect because we know that connection leads to a happier life.
这就是我们交流的原因。
And that's the reason we communicate.
对吧?
Right?
这就是我们在这里的目的。
So that's what we're here for.
没错。
Exactly.
如果你看到或经历了什么暖心的事情,我们希望你能用英语交流这些感受。
If you see or experience something heartwarming in touch, we want you to have the language skills to connect about that in English.
正是如此。
Exactly.
好的。
All right.
那么,
So what do
我们今天需要了解哪些形容词呢?
we need to know about today's adjectives?
这些形容词用于描述能唤起情感的事物,通常是温柔或深情的感觉,但实际上适用于更强烈的情感。
Well, are for describing something that evokes emotion, often gentle or affectionate feelings, but really for bigger feelings.
你大概不会说:'我儿子给我烤了吐司',
You probably wouldn't be like, My son made me toast.
这真让人心头一暖。
It was really heartwarming.
这种情感还不够强烈。
That's not quite a big enough feeling.
但像你说的,葬礼、婚礼、新生儿诞生、电影等场合常常会有非常温暖人心的信息或结局。
But maybe funerals, weddings, births, movies like you said often have very heartwarming messages or endings.
或者当有人做了非常善良或体贴的事情时。
Or when someone does something really kind or thoughtful.
奥布里,你是那种在婚礼上会哭的人吗?
Are you someone that cries at weddings, Aubrey?
是的。
Yes.
我记得你提到过你
I know you have mentioned you
是啊,就像我们
are Yeah, as we
之前讨论过的。
talked about this.
我会哭。
I do.
我觉得这非常感人,尤其是当他们分享那些意义深重的誓言时。
I find it very touching, especially when they share really meaningful vows.
是的,完全如此。
Yeah, absolutely.
这很有趣。
It's funny.
我去参加婚礼时会想,哦,这不会打动我,或者说,是啊,随便啦。
I'll go into a wedding and be like, Oh, this isn't going to touch me or say, Yeah, whatever.
你知道,我对这些人不太熟悉之类的。
You know, I don't know these people very well or something.
然后我就会嚎啕大哭。
And then I'll just be bawling.
关于这个也一样。
Same about this.
不仅仅是感动。
It's not just touch.
是啊,甚至和那些人无关。
Yeah, it's not even about the people.
这关乎仪式本身及其庄重性,对吧,关于结婚这件事。
It's about the ceremony and the gravity of it, right, of getting married.
没错。
Exactly.
是啊,那种承诺或者类似的东西,你知道的,共享人生的感觉。
Yeah, the commitment or something about that, you know, sharing your life.
这确实很暖心。
It is heartwarming.
绝对的。
Absolutely.
这就是我们的第一个词——暖心,对吧?
And that's our first word, heartwarming, Right?
那我们举些例子吧。
So let's give some examples.
好的。
All right.
我朋友给我讲了一个她救助狗狗的暖心故事。
My friend told me a really heartwarming story about her experience rescuing a dog.
太完美了,对吧?
So perfect, right?
每当有人分享这样的故事总是让人感到温暖。
That's always going to be heartwarming when someone's sharing something like that.
就像我在Instagram上刷到的那些狗狗视频,比如救助犬或者狗狗救婴儿之类的。
It's like all those Instagram videos that I get sucked into about dogs, like rescue dogs and a dog rescuing a baby or things like that.
天啊,那些视频太暖心了。
Gosh, they're so heartwarming.
它们简直让人欲罢不能。
They kill It's worth it.
我就觉得,这会让我的心情变好。
I'm like, this is going to make my day better.
我要看看这个视频。
I'm going to watch this.
天哪。
Oh, my gosh.
确实如此。
It's true.
它们太美好了。
They're so nice.
我收到了朋友发来的暖心消息,就为了告诉我他们在想着我。
I got a heartwarming message from my friend just to say they were thinking of me.
这是可能的。
It can be.
我是说,虽然通常是大事件,但小事也能如此。
I mean, it is for big things, but it can be smaller things too.
这完全取决于事情本身有多感人。
It's just the level of intensity of how touching was the thing.
没错。
Exactly.
对吧?
Right?
所以重要的不是事情本身有多大,而是情感有多强烈。
So it's not so much that the thing is big, it's that the emotion is big.
因为你可以从这样的小事中感受到非常强烈的情感,对吧?
Because you can feel really strong emotion from something small like this, right?
你收到朋友的一条信息,只是让他们知道你在想着他们。
You get a note from a friend just to let them know you're thinking about them.
你感受到了一种强烈的情感,对吧?
You're feeling a big emotion, right?
没错。
Exactly.
确实如此。
Exactly.
好的。
All right.
这就引出了下一个话题。
And that leads into the next one.
哦,天哪。
Oh, my gosh.
今天的过渡真是太顺畅了。
The transitions are just so easy today.
奥布里,下一个话题是关于触碰的。
Touching is the next one, Aubrey.
是的。
Yes.
对。
Yeah.
比如说,当我的孩子们在母亲节送我手工制作的卡片时,那种触碰让我很感动。
So, for example, it's touching when my kids give me handmade cards on Mother's Day.
确实如此。
That really is.
我特别喜欢手工制作的卡片。
I love a handmade card.
是啊,那些可爱的小东西
They're Yeah, cute little
我相信那一定是个非常美好的时刻。
I'm sure that's a really nice moment.
没错,绝对是的。
Yeah, absolutely.
还有给我们老师制作的致敬视频也真的很感人。
Or the tribute video for our teacher was really touching.
是啊。
Yeah.
所以这和'暖心'是可以互换使用的。
So this is very interchangeable with heartwarming.
它们总是积极正向的。
They're always positive.
它意味着有意义,唤起了积极的情绪。
It means meaningful, evoked positive emotions.
然后是感动的,与触动人心的非常相似。
And then moving, very similar to touching.
你不觉得吗?
Wouldn't you say?
是的。
Yes.
但有趣的是,接下来我们要讨论的两个词也可以用于负面情绪。
But interestingly, the next two we're going to talk about can also be for negative feelings.
首先是感动。
So first moving.
它可以是积极的。
It can be positive.
例如,他在母亲葬礼上致的人生悼词如此感人,许多人都落泪了。
For example, the life sketch he gave at his mother's funeral was so moving that many people were in tears.
或者看到社区在风暴后团结一致,这一幕令人无比动容。
Or seeing the community come together after the storm was incredibly moving.
是的,但请继续关注接下来的两个。
Yeah, but stick around for the next two.
我们将分享它们如何也能用于描述负面事物。
We're going to share how they can also be about negative things.
好的。
Okay.
然后我们最后一个词是'辛酸'。
And then our last one here is poignant.
比如说,近三十年后再次见到我的朋友,那种感觉真是辛酸。
So it was poignant to see my friend after nearly thirty years, for example.
所以这也可以是积极的。
So this can also be positive.
那是一种积极的情绪。
That's a positive emotion.
是的。
Yep.
或者说,在他们共同克服一切后,团队庆祝胜利的时刻令人心酸又深刻。
Or after all they had overcome together, it was a poignant moment when the team celebrated their victory.
这也相当积极,对吧?
Also pretty positive, right?
是的,没错。
Yes, right.
这些绝对是积极的。
Those are definitely positive.
当某件事意义深远时,我们可以说它令人心酸。
We can say something is poignant when it is meaningful.
它触动人心、温暖人心,但我们会继续讨论
It's touching, heartwarming, but we'll talk around and
我们会分享
we'll share
这些可以是负面的。
these can be negative.
好的。
All right.
好的,奥布里,我们回来了。
All right, Aubrey, we are back.
所以我们一直在暗示这一点,暗示它们可以以负面方式使用。
So we've been alluding to this, to the fact that they can be used in a negative way.
告诉我们那是什么样子。
Tell us what that looks like.
是的。
Yeah.
例如,说到'poignant',你可能会说那张空荡荡操场的照片令人心酸。
So for example, with poignant, you might say the photograph of the empty playground was poignant.
它让我想起了我的童年。
It reminded me of my childhood.
比如你可以用'poignant'这个词来谈论悲剧性的事物,对吧?
So you can use poignant, for example, to talk about things that are tragic, right?
就是说它唤起了强烈的情感,但也可能只是怀旧之情。
Just saying that it evoked a lot of emotion, but it could be just nostalgia.
同样也可能是悲伤的情绪。
And it could also be sadness.
也可能是负面情绪。
It could be negative emotions as well.
确实如此。
For sure.
就像记得2008年经济危机后,报纸上刊登了很多照片,人们抱着纸箱和盆栽植物走出大楼,刚刚失业的样子。
Like, remember after, well, in 2008, when there was the crash, there were lots of photos in the newspaper of people walking out of buildings with boxes and plants and having just lost their jobs.
对吧?
Right?
那些照片非常令人心酸,记录下了那个特殊时刻
Those were very poignant photos that marked the moment of what was happening
确实如此。
Exactly.
在纽约乃至全球都是这样。
In New York and globally.
没错。
Exactly.
对。
Right.
所以,这并不意味着温馨感人。
So, this doesn't mean heartwarming.
而是指情感上的触动。
It means like emotional.
你知道的,你可以说在我祖母葬礼上见到所有人时,那种感受非常深刻。
You know, you could say seeing everyone at my grandmother's funeral was really poignant.
所以,我只是
So, I'm just
意思是它引发了强烈的情感波动。
saying it caused a lot of emotional.
这很感人,但不一定是积极的。
It was moving, but not necessarily positive.
对对,奥布里,我们还需要举其他例子吗?
Yeah, yeah, any other examples here, Aubrey, that we need to give?
是的,关于感人的例子,你可以说看到飓风后的画面很感人,那么多人失去了家园。
Yeah, for moving as well, You could say it was moving to see the images after the hurricane, so many people had lost their homes.
所以这里你可以用'心酸'或'感人'。
So here you could use poignant or moving.
有趣的是这两个词完全取决于语境,既可以表达积极情绪也可以表达消极情绪。
It's interesting that these two, completely dependent on the context, can be about positive emotions or negative.
没错。
Right.
但'暖心'、'触动'这些词不用
But heartwarming, touching, not used
这些总是积极的。
for Those are always positive.
好的,知道了。
Okay, good to know.
知道了。
Good to know.
那么,奥布里,我们来角色扮演吧。
So, Aubrey, let's do a role play.
假设我们正在一个慈善活动上,刚看完一部关于该组织当年成就的影片。
So, we are at a charity event where we've just seen a film about what the organization accomplished that year.
这是
This is
我来开个头吧。
kind I'll of start us out.
那个演讲真的让人感到温暖。
That presentation was really heartwarming.
我特别喜欢看到志愿者们今年所做的一切。
I loved seeing everything the volunteers have done this year.
我同意,尤其是孩子们分享的这个项目如何改变他们生活的部分。
I agree, especially what the kids shared about how the program changed their lives.
那真是令人无比动容。
That was incredibly touching.
是的。
Yes.
还有看到那些家庭的视频集锦,太感人了。
And watching the video montage of the families, it was so moving.
特别是看到前后对比的照片,格外触动人心。
Seeing the before and after photos was especially poignant.
很棒。
Nice.
是的。
Yes.
好的。
Alright.
所以基本上,第一个环节,那个演讲真的很暖心。
So, basically, the first one, that presentation was really heartwarming.
你是用这种方式开启对话的。
You're opening up the conversation that way.
常见的方式,你知道,当灯光亮起我们开始社交时,你可能会这样开启对话。
Common way to, you know, once the lights go on and we're going to start socializing, you might start a conversation that way.
对吧?
Right?
是啊。
Yeah.
有趣的是,你也可以谈论天气,但这种方式更能建立联系。
And it's interesting because you could also talk about the weather, but this is such a better way to connect.
你们刚刚共同经历了一些感人至深的时刻。
You've both just experienced something touching, heartwarming.
现在你有了可以分享这些感受的词汇。
Now you have the vocabulary to share that, to share these feelings.
确实。
For sure.
然后我说了什么?
And then what did I say?
你当时在谈论一些孩子分享这个项目如何改变了他们的生活。
And you were talking about, you know, some kids shared how this program changed their lives.
你说那非常感人。
You said that was incredibly touching.
所以这些都是积极的。
So, these are positive.
这些可以互换,你也可以说那非常暖心。
This interchangeable, you could also say that was incredibly heartwarming.
是的,很好。
Yes, good.
然后你说观看那些家庭的视频集锦非常感人。
And then you said watching the video montage of the families was so moving.
奥布里,作为额外奖励,什么是集锦?
Aubrey, what's a montage just as a bonus?
是的,
Yeah,
就是当你看到很多不同的图片或图像快速闪过的时候。
so that's when you see a lot of different pictures or images that it goes through really quickly.
可能有人在画外解说,我们称之为蒙太奇。
Someone might be speaking over it, And we'll call that a montage.
在电影中经常看到这种手法,用来表现时间流逝。
You'll often see that in a film to show that a lot of time has passed.
通过一系列小片段来展现时间的推移。
Little snippets of little things that would happen to see time pass.
是的。
Yeah.
或者人们可能会为葬礼或生日制作这些,特别是重要的生日,对吧?
Or people might make these for funerals or for people's birthdays, big birthdays, right?
就是配上音乐,然后照片快速闪过,有点像幻灯片那样。
Just music and then photos being flashed on this, like a slideshow kind of.
有趣的是,那段蒙太奇视频可能是飓风过后的场景,但你仍然可以说它很感人。
And this, it's interesting because that video montage could have been scenes after a hurricane, for example, and you could still say it was moving.
但它也可能展示人们服务他人的积极画面,对吧?
But it could also have been very positive things of people serving others, right?
所以这两种情况都适用。
So, this would work for both.
无论那段蒙太奇是关于什么的,你都可以说它感人至深或令人心酸。
Whatever that montage was about, you could call it moving or poignant.
太棒了。
Love it.
然后我们确实用了'令人心酸'这个词。
And then we did say poignant.
看到前后对比的照片尤其令人心酸。
Seeing the before and after photos was especially poignant.
所以,是的,你可以聚焦到某个非常具体的细节上。
So, yeah, you can zoom in on something very specific.
对。
Right.
进一步说明一下。
Make a further comment.
很好。
Good.
好的。
All right.
有一点需要指出,注意在这个角色扮演中,每个句子都带有强调词。
So one thing to point out, notice how in this role play, each of these has an intensifier.
对吧?
Right?
我们说过'非常暖心'、'无比感人'、'如此动人'以及'特别震撼'。
We said really heartwarming, incredibly touching, so moving and especially poignant.
这很有趣,因为当我编写这个角色扮演时,曾尝试去掉这些词来变换风格,但感觉很奇怪。
And this is interesting because as I wrote the role play, I was trying to leave these out just to switch it up and it felt strange to me.
所以我觉得对于所有这些表达,加上这样的程度副词非常地道自然。
So I feel like for all of these, it's very native and natural to add an intensifier like that.
光是说'那个演讲很暖心'或'很动人',感觉几乎不够充分。
It almost feels like it's not enough to say that presentation was heartwarming or it was moving.
我们几乎总会在前面加上程度副词。
We almost always add an intensifier before.
有意思。
Interesting.
是啊,这真的很有趣。
Yeah, that's really interesting.
我自己可能注意不到这点,很高兴你指出来了。
I wouldn't have noticed that, but I'm glad you pointed that out.
我在想为什么我们总觉得必须这样做。
I wonder why that is that we feel like we have to do that.
确实如此。
It's true.
我几乎觉得是因为我们试图传达这些强烈的情感,单靠词语本身似乎不够。
I almost feel like because we're trying to convey these big emotions, it's almost not enough alone.
很暖心。
Was heartwarming.
我就想,我得再强调一点。
I'm like, I need to give it a little more.
那真的非常暖心。
It was really heartwarming.
是啊,或许还因为当我们分享触动自己的事物时,其实是在分享内心的想法。
Yeah, that or maybe also, when we're sharing something that touches us, it's sharing something about our minds.
可能我们觉得需要多说些什么。
Maybe we feel like we need to add more words.
我不知道。
I don't know.
稍微委婉一点。
A little less direct.
我不知道。
I don't know.
有意思。
Interesting.
不过我想了一下这个问题,因为我就在想,难道我不能直接说,看到前后对比的照片很感人,但总觉得这样表达不够充分。
I thought about this for a bit though, because I'm like, couldn't I just say, you know, seeing the before and after photos was poignant and it just felt like it wasn't enough.
感觉有点太直白了,几乎
Sort of felt too blunt, almost
像是
like a
有点困难。
little bit hard.
感觉它确实需要'真的'、'特别'或'极其'这样的缓冲词。
It just felt like it needed this cushion of really or especially or incredibly.
我觉得我最常听到这种表达方式。
I feel like I hear it that way the most often.
所以没有这些词会显得很奇怪。
And so it felt strange to not have them there.
我觉得情感导向的词汇确实需要某种缓冲,对吧?
I think emotion oriented words do need some kind of cushion, right?
所以加上一个强调词,我想就是这样。
So, having an intensifier, think that's it.
很喜欢。
Love it.
这个观察非常到位。
Really good observation there.
我太喜欢这个发现了。
I love that.
那么,奥布里,我们今天的主要收获是什么?
So, Aubrey, what's our takeaway for today?
分享你认为感人且深刻的事物,是英语交流中最有效的连接方式之一。
Well, sharing what you find moving and poignant is one of the best ways to connect in English.
现在你掌握了这些短语,可以分享你认为有意义的事物,也可以询问他人对他们而言有意义的事情。
So now you have the phrases to do this, to share what you find meaningful, to ask others about what they find meaningful.
好的。
All right.
很棒的内容,大家。
Good stuff, guys.
如果喜欢我们的风格,请务必点击播客播放器上的关注按钮,这样你就不会错过任何一期节目,'全神贯注英语'会直接进入你的收听库。
If you like our style, make sure you go ahead and hit the follow button right here on the podcast player so you don't miss a single episode and so that All Ears English will drop right into your listening library.
这样我们就能每周五天陪伴你度过每一天。
So we'll be part of your day five days a week.
好吗?
Alright?
太棒了。
Awesome.
谢谢,琳赛。
Thanks, Lindsay.
今天的节目很棒。
Great episode today.
保重。
Take care.
再见。
Bye.
再见。
Bye.
感谢收听《全神贯注学英语》。
Thanks for listening to All Ears English.
你想知道自己的英语水平吗?
Would you like to know your English level?
参加我们的两分钟测试。
Take our two minute quiz.
访问 allearsenglish.com/fluencyscore。
Go to allearsenglish.com/fluencyscore.
如果你相信连接而非完美,现在就点击订阅,确保你不会错过任何内容。
And if you believe in connection not perfection, then hit subscribe now to make sure you don't miss anything.
下次见。
See you next time.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。