本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
这是《全神贯注学英语》播客第二期,在美国进行的访谈节目。
This is an All Ears English podcast episode two, interviewing in The United States.
欢迎收听《全神贯注学英语》播客,在这里您将获得真实的商务与生活场景中的英语对话技巧。
Welcome to the All Ears English podcast where you'll finally get real native English conversation and fluency for business and life.
我们相信英语学习重在交流而非完美。
We believe in connection, not perfection when it comes to learning English.
现在有请主持人:英语冒险家林赛·麦克马洪,以及来自美国波士顿和纽约的电台女孩米歇尔·卡普兰。
Now here are your hosts, Lindsay McMahon, the English adventurer, and Michelle Kaplan, the New York radio girl coming to you from Boston and New York City, USA.
你最近有用英语参加求职面试吗?
Are you interviewing for a job anytime soon in English?
了解美国文化中最常见的面试问题及其应答技巧。
Find out about the most common interview question in American culture and how to answer it.
嘿,米歇尔。
Hey, Michelle.
今天过得怎么样?
How's it going today?
嗨,林赛。
Hey, Lindsey.
我很好。
I'm good.
我很好。
I'm good.
你呢?
How are you?
天啊。
Oh my gosh.
太兴奋了,又回到《全神贯注学英语》的第二期节目了。
I'm so excited to be back here on this second episode of All Ears English.
我都等不及了。
I can't wait.
是的。
Yes.
幸运数字二。
Lucky number two.
我超爱幸运数字二。
I love Lucky number two.
我想提醒听众朋友们,这个《全神贯注学英语》播客每周更新四期。
And I wanna remind our listeners, guys, this Paul All Ears English podcast publishes four times a week.
我们每周四天为大家奉上精彩内容,记得在你们常用的播客平台关注我们哦。
We give you guys these amazing episodes four days a week, so make sure you follow our podcast wherever you listen to podcasts.
米歇尔,我们今天要聊什么?
Michelle, what are we talking about today?
好的。
Okay.
今天我们聊的话题超级超级重要。
Well, today we're talking about something that is super, super important.
对吧?
Right?
这是关于面试的。
This is about interviewing.
对吧?
Right?
在美国面试。
Interviewing in The US.
各位,如果你们即将有工作面试,或者知道未来会需要面试,你们肯定想做好面试准备。所以我们今天要讨论一些常见问题。
Guys, if you do have a job interview coming up or you know that in the future you will want to interview, you wanna be prepared with interview So we're gonna talk about common ones today.
是的。
Yeah.
面试问题,还有一些关键...我们要从两个关键...是的。
Interview questions and also just kind of some key we're gonna start with two key Yes.
米歇尔,我们得先掌握一些更关键的词汇。
Kind of more key vocabulary words that we have to know, Michelle.
想象一下,如果你走进面试现场,有人让你填表格...嗯。
I mean, imagine if you walk into an interview and someone asks you to fill out a form Mhmm.
而你连那是什么意思都不知道,一开始就完蛋了。
And you don't know what that means, you're dead right from the start.
对吧?
Right?
没错。
Exactly.
是的。
Yeah.
填写这份表格非常重要。
So to fill out, this is very important.
这基本上意味着要完成申请。
So, this basically means to complete the application.
对吧?
Right?
比如说,你可以这样表达:如果你对这份工作感兴趣,请填写这份申请表。
So, like, for example, you could say, please fill out this application if you're interested in the job.
对吧?
Right?
没错。
Exactly.
米歇尔,你参加现场面试时容易紧张吗?
Michelle, do you tend to get nervous when you have in person interviews?
我发现我好像是少数觉得面试还挺有趣的人。
I find I'm the, like, one person who finds them, like, kinda fun.
你之前对公开演讲也这么说过。
You said that once about public speaking too.
是这样吗?
Is that right?
我不知道。
I don't know.
就是...那个...我也说不上来。
It's just I I it's kinda I don't know.
我觉得我看待它的方式,不是说它是个游戏之类的,但在某种程度上,它确实是。
I guess I look at it, and not that it's a game or anything, but in a way, it is.
就像,你知道的,你有点像是在表演。
It's like, you know, you're kinda putting on a show.
就像是...我不知道。
It's like a I don't know.
有点戏剧性。
It's a little bit theatrical.
这是你真正展示自我的时刻。
It's your it's your time to really show who you are.
是的。
Yes.
所以我觉得如果人们试着从这个角度去看待它,而不是‘天啊’。
So I feel like if people try and look at it in that sense rather than, oh my god.
天啊。
Oh my god.
对吧?
Right?
但更多地把它看作一场游戏,或者像是‘哦,我该说什么呢?’
But think of it more as like a game or like, oh, what what, like, what can I say?
比如,有哪些话题是我想聊的?
Like, what are what are some of the things that I wanna talk about?
我不知道。
I don't know.
我觉得你可以尝试用不同的方式来处理这个问题。
I feel like you can kinda approach it in a different way.
是的。
Yeah.
这建议真是太棒了。
That is such good advice.
所以把它当作一个游戏。
So make it a game.
对吧?
Right?
把它当作游戏,并确保你掌握了所需的词汇。
Make it a game and make sure you go in having the words that you need.
这太棒了,米歇尔。
That is so good, Michelle.
有意思。
Interesting.
所以,是的,我认为这是个独特的视角。
So, yeah, I think that's a unique perspective.
我想很多听众可能会感到紧张,但我们希望鼓励你们去尝试,把它当作游戏,享受过程,并建立那种关系。
I think a lot of our listeners might get kind of nervous, but we wanna empower you guys to go in, make it a game, enjoy yourself, and just build that relationship.
对吧,米歇尔?
Right, Michelle?
没错。
Exactly.
没错。
Exactly.
所以关键就在于,你要感到自在。
So the key is to just, you know, feel comfortable.
这就是我们下一个要学的短语。
So that's our next phrase.
对吧?
Right?
表达某件事是关键。
To say something is the key.
是的。
Yes.
这是什么意思,Lindsay?
What does that mean, Lindsay?
嗯,我的意思是,字面上就像钥匙能开门一样。
Well, I mean, literally, the way that a key unlocks a door.
对吧?
Right?
是的。
Yeah.
比如说,教育是通往自由的关键。
So let's say, for example, education is the key to freedom.
如果我在这次面试中描述我的工作经历,我可以说,我的硕士学位是我在这个领域取得成功的关键。
And if I'm describing if I'm sitting in this interview and I'm describing my work experience, right, I could say, you know, my master's degree was the key to my success in this area.
所以你们可以用多种方式表达这个词,来展示你们对雇主的价值。
So you guys can articulate this word in a lot of ways to show how valuable you are to that employer.
对吧?
Right?
对。
Right.
对。
Right.
对。
Right.
太对了。
That's so true.
太对了。
That's so true.
是的。
Yeah.
非常好,这里有个实用的表达。
Very good, useful expression here.
太棒了。
So good.
那么,林赛,我们今天来讨论几个问题吧。
So, yeah, Lindsay, let's get into a couple questions today.
好的。
Okay.
这就是你所知道的,我们都想做好准备,了解一些常见的问题。
This is this is what you know, we all we all wanna be prepared, know some of the common ones.
琳赛,第一个问题是什么?
Lindsay, what's the first one?
天啊。
Oh my gosh.
这个太常见了,各位。
This one is so common, guys.
至少在美国文化中,美国商业面试文化里,你肯定会听到这个。
At least in American culture, American business culture interviewing, you are gonna hear this.
这实在太常见了。
It's just so common.
那么问题来了。
So here it is.
这句话是'介绍一下你自己'或者'说说你自己'。
The phrase is tell us about yourself or tell me about tell me about yourself.
对吧?
Right?
说说你自己。
Tell me about yourself.
米歇尔,你对我们听众有什么高层次的建议?
Now, Michelle, how do you suggest high level advice for our listeners?
我们应该如何应对这个问题?
How should we approach this question?
嗯,就像我说的,把它当作一场游戏。
Well, like I said, make it a game.
不行。
No.
我觉得你们不必总是那样做。
I don't you don't always need to do that.
但我的意思是,我个人听说关于这个问题,你不想只是简单地复述你的简历。
But, I mean, I personally what I've heard about this question is that you don't want to just simply recite your resume.
嗯哼。
Mhmm.
这是我听到最多的建议之一,你看,你提交了简历才获得面试机会。
That's like one of the things that I've heard the most is, you know, they you got an interview because you submitted your resume.
所以你要展现一点个性。
So you wanna show a little bit of personality.
你不想听起来单调,只是重复简历内容。
You don't wanna just like sound monotonous and just kind of like give like a repeated version of your resume.
你基本上要讲述是什么把你带到今天这个位置的故事。
You wanna kind of basically tell the story of what brought brought you to this place today.
对。
Yeah.
我太喜欢这个建议了,米歇尔。
I love that, Michelle.
这非常正确,因为如果我在面试某人,我可以看你的简历。
It's so true because if I'm interviewing someone, I can look at your resume.
我可以看你的求职信。
I can read your cover letter.
我已经掌握了所有相关信息。
I have all that information.
这更像是电梯游说。
This is kind of more of an elevator pitch.
也许米歇尔,我们可以在另一期节目里实现这个想法,那会是很酷的一期。
And maybe, Michelle, in another episode, we could actually do that would be a cool episode.
我们可以做一期关于电梯游说的节目。
We could do an episode on the elevator pitch.
电梯游说。
Elevator pitch.
是的。
Yes.
你知道,不仅适用于创业者,也适用于求职者个人。
You know, for entrepreneurs, but also for individual job applicants.
对吧?
Right?
我们都需要一段电梯游说,来介绍自己、说明我们的价值所在以及如何为公司提供帮助。
We all need an elevator pitch to say who we are, why we add value, and how we can help the company.
对吧?
Right?
这就是我回答这个问题的思路。
That's how I would structure my answer to this question.
我们会在另一期节目中跟进。
So we're gonna follow-up in another episode.
大家记得关注《全神贯注学英语》播客,这样改天就能听到那期节目。
Make sure you guys follow All Ears English podcast so you can get that episode another day.
米歇尔,我们最后再问一个问题吧。
Michelle, let's finish with one more question.
好的。
Okay.
下一个问题是:你是做什么工作的?
The next one is, what do you do?
注意朋友们,这里不是问'你在做什么',但你会听到发音像是'你在做什么'。
And guys, again, it's not what do you do, but you'll hear it pronounced what do you do?
这大概就是你们可能会听到的发音方式。
That's kinda how how you might hear it.
对。
Yes.
这个问题的意思是询问你的职业。
And and this means what do you do for work?
没错。
Right.
对吧?
Right?
各位要注意,这不一定是在工作面试中才会问的。
So this could guys, this isn't necessarily on a job interview.
这对于社交、结识新朋友和日常对话可能非常重要。
This might be and this is also super important for networking, meeting people, in casual conversations.
是的。
Yeah.
你可能会问别人,你是做什么工作的?
You might ask someone, what do you do?
很高兴认识你。
So it's great to meet you.
你是做
What do
什么工作的?
you do?
你是做什么工作的?
What do you do?
我们想强调这些词的重要性,在这个播客中,我们经常讨论发音问题。
And we wanna emphasize how these words guys, on this podcast, we talk a lot about pronunciation.
正如米歇尔所说,这些词会连读。
These words run together like Michelle said.
对吧?
Right?
不是'你是做什么工作的?'
Not what do you do?
而是'你是做什么工作的?'
What do you do?
你是做什么工作的?
What do you do?
你做什么
What do you
工作?
do?
太好了。
So good.
这真的太棒了。
This is really great.
各位,我们知道你们在工作中使用英语。
Guys, we know that you are using English at your work.
你是一名国际专业人士,你想通过英语提升职业生涯。
You are a international professional, and you wanna increase your career with English.
实现这个目标的方法就是通过这个节目。
The way to do it is with this show.
那么米歇尔,在我们结束之前,听众们今天应该做些什么呢?
So again, Michelle, what should our listeners do before we finish up today?
请务必关注《全神贯注学英语》播客,这样你就不会错过任何内容。
Make sure you follow the All Ears English podcast so you never miss anything.
是的。
Yeah.
米歇尔,我们非常高兴能来到这里。
We are so happy to be here, Michelle.
今天就到这里了。
That's it for today.
下次见。
I'll see you next time.
好的。
Alright.
再见,林赛。
Bye, Lindsey.
再见。
Bye.
感谢收听《全神贯注学英语》。
Thanks for listening to All Ears English.
如果你相信连接与完美,请在任何收听播客的平台关注我们的节目,确保你不会错过任何内容。
And if you believe in connection, perfection, follow our show wherever you listen to podcasts to make sure you don't miss anything.
下次见。
See you next time.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。