本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
这里是《全神贯注学英语》播客第四期:如何忘记你的英语错误。
This is an All Ears English podcast episode four, how to forget about your English mistakes.
欢迎收听《全神贯注学英语》播客,在这里你将获得真实的母语英语对话能力,助力职场与生活。
Welcome to the All Ears English podcast where you'll finally get real native English conversation and fluency for business and life.
我们相信英语学习重在交流而非完美。
We believe in connection, not perfection when it comes to learning English.
现在有请主持人:英语冒险家林赛·麦克马洪,以及来自美国波士顿和纽约的电台女孩米歇尔·卡普兰。
Now here are your hosts, Lindsay McMahon, the English adventurer, and Michelle Kaplan, the New York radio girl coming to you from Boston and New York City, USA.
想快速忘记你的英语错误吗?
Want to forget about your English mistakes quickly?
关键在于有意识地做出这个决定。
Be intentional about this one key decision.
是什么决定呢?
What is it?
答案就在本期节目中。
Find out in today's episode.
回想上次有人凑过来说'抱歉'的情景。
Think about the last time someone leaned in and said, sorry.
你能再说一遍吗?
Can you say that again?
这很让人沮丧。
It's frustrating.
对吧?
Right?
你认识这个词。
You know the word.
你说出来了,但发音不清晰。
You said it, but the sound wasn't clear.
这不是语法或词汇问题。
That's not a grammar or a vocabulary problem.
而是发音问题。
It's a pronunciation problem.
这并不意味着要改变你是谁或抹去你的口音。
And it doesn't mean changing who you are or erasing your accent.
而是要让你的英语每次都能轻松听懂、清晰明了。
It means making your English easy to follow and clear every time.
想看看是什么阻碍了你吗?
Wanna see what's getting in your way?
参加我们的两分钟测试,了解你的英语水平,请访问 allearsenglish.com/fluencyscore。
Take our two minute quiz to get your English level at allearsenglish.com/fluencyscore.
网址是 allearsenglish.com/fluencysc0re。
That's allearsenglish.com/fluencysc0re.
嘿,米歇尔。
Hey, Michelle.
纽约那边一切都好吗?
How's everything going in New York City?
嘿,林赛。
Hey, Lindsay.
一切都很好。
Everything's good.
一切都很好。
Everything's good.
你好吗?
How are you?
感觉不错。
Feeling good.
感觉不错。
Feeling good.
天哪。
Oh my gosh.
米歇尔,你知道,很多听众会来问我们同一个问题。
Michelle, you know, a lot of our listeners, they come to us and they ask us this one question.
他们怎样才能忘记自己的英语错误?
How can they forget about their English mistakes?
他们如何克服这些错误并建立联系?
How can they get over it and just connect?
对吧?
Right?
因为在All Ears,我们相信的是沟通而非完美——有什么实际方法能帮助他们克服错误并继续前进?
Because we believe in connection, not perfection here at But All Ears what is one practical thing they can actually do to get over their mistakes and move past them?
你觉得呢?
What do you think?
嗯,我认为关键在于,你知道的,真正全身心投入到这段经历中。
Well, I think it's all about, you know, really throwing yourself into the experience.
对吧?
Right?
你知道的,就是真正专注于这段经历本身。
You know, really just focusing on the experience instead.
比如说,在美国生活时,可以住国际宿舍或与美国人同住。
So, like, for example, live in an international house or with American people when you're living in The United States.
对吧?
Right?
就像你完全投入其中一样。
Just like you're all in.
Lindsay,你怎么看?
Lindsay, what do you think about that?
我很喜欢今天对听众说的这个表达。
I love that expression for our listeners today.
全心投入。
All in.
做到全心投入。
To be all in.
百分百沉浸其中。
A 100% immersed.
是的。
Yeah.
你知道吗,2008年我在南美旅行时,曾在阿根廷的布宜诺斯艾利斯住了三个月。
You know, when I traveled in South America back in 2008, I lived for three months in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
当时我正在找公寓。
And I was looking for an apartment.
后来我找到了住处。
I found a place to live.
那真是个国际化的房子。
It was truly an international house.
住客中有两位法国人,一男一女。
There were two there was a French woman, a French guy.
还有个美国小伙,再加上我。
There was an American guy, there was me.
另外还有两个意大利人和一个阿根廷人。
And then there were two Italians, and there was an Argentine.
我们所有人都住在这栋房子里。
All of us lived in a house together.
每人都有自己的房间。
We had our own rooms.
我们会一起共进晚餐。
We would have dinner together.
但我去面试时他们就说,这栋房子的首要且唯一规则就是:这里必须说西班牙语。
But as soon as I went there to interview with them, they said rule number one and the only rule of the house is that this is a Spanish speaking house.
所以除了那个阿根廷人,其他住客都是来学西班牙语的。
So everyone there except for the Argentine guy were there to learn Spanish.
所以你在家里完全不被允许说英语。
So you weren't allowed to speak English at all in the house.
哦,哇。
Oh, wow.
哦,哇。
Oh, wow.
那么那段经历
So how was that experience
对你来说如何?
for you?
比如,你会担心自己犯错吗?还是说后来就慢慢不在意了?
Like, were you worried about your mistakes, or did you then kinda just forget about it?
这太酷了。
It was so cool.
这真的很棒,而且你知道,我们明白不是每个人都住在英语国家,但如果你们有机会尝试这样的经历,朋友们,一定要去做。
This is really and, you know, we know not everyone is living abroad in an English speaking country, but if you have a chance to do something like this, guys, just do it.
因为那时候,我的注意力都放在了与朋友们——我的法国朋友们用西班牙语建立的关系上。
Because at that point, the focus went on the relationships that I was building with my friends, my French friends in Spanish.
当然,我们家里还有些意大利人,他们为我们做晚餐。
We were having of course, we had some Italians in the house, they were cooking dinner for us.
美好的晚餐配上他们所说的绝妙意大利莎莎酱。
Lovely dinners with wonderful Italian salsa, as they say.
哇。
Wow.
哦,那真是太酷了。
Oh, it was so cool.
然后我们就会在阿根廷的夜晚出去跳舞。
And then we and then we would go out dancing in the, you know, the Argentine evening.
但没错,正是在那里我真正巩固了那栋房子里的语言流利度,因为我坚持扮演那个角色。
But, yeah, that's where I really solidified fluency in that house because I stuck to that role.
说实话,这其实挺有胆量的,直接搬进去就那么做。
And it was pretty gutsy, I have to say, actually, just move in and do that.
我觉得很多人可能会想,'哦,我不想非得说英语'。
A lot of people, I think, would just be like, oh, I don't wanna have to speak English.
哦,抱歉。
Oh, sorry.
西班牙语或者我的母语,你知道的,没法说我的母语。
Spanish or my you know, can't speak my native language.
我不想...我不能同意那样。
I don't want I can't agree to that.
伙计们,你们很多时候都会感到不舒服,但这些都是我们必须承担的风险。
You are uncomfortable a lot of the time, guys, but these are the risks we have to take.
明白吗?
You know?
米歇尔,你怎么看?
Michelle, what do you think?
你有没有住过国际宿舍或经历过类似的情况?
Have you ever lived in an international house or been in this kind of situation?
是的。
Yeah.
嗯,你知道,我曾在国外住过几次,但遗憾的是,我不得不说我的经历和你不同,因为我主要和美国人住在一起。
Well, you know, I've I've lived abroad a couple times, but I, like, I I unfortunately, I I wouldn't say that I've had the experience that you had because I lived with mostly Americans.
是啊。
Yeah.
所以虽然我在学另一门语言,但有点像生活在泡泡里。
So I was learning another language, but I was like in kind of a bubble.
这样我们每天结束时还是能说英语。
So we were then able to speak English at the end of the day.
所以我确实上了语言课,但真希望有过你那样的经历——通过生活来学习语言,懂吗?
So I did take classes but I do think it's like I wish that I had that experience that you had where you're like learning through living, you know?
嗯。
Yeah.
那你当时是怎么应对的?
Did you have so how did that work?
就是当你...你总是可以退回使用英语,对吧?
So when you were you could always kind of fall back on English, right?
如果你无法
If you couldn't
用
explain
用当地语言、目标语言表达时,就可以退回用英语。
something in the native language, the target language, could fall back.
是这样吗?
Is that right?
是的。
Yeah.
感觉没什么压力。
There was like no pressure.
也没什么风险。
There were no stakes.
有点像,哦我喜欢学习。
Was kind like, oh I like to learn.
我确实学了,但我觉得我没法像你那样学习。
And I did, but I don't think that I was able to learn in the same way you were.
真希望我当时也有那种体验,尽管我上了课。
And I wish that I had had that experience even though I was taking class.
我参与其中了。
I was in it.
比如,我当时很兴奋。
Like, I was excited.
就像,对啊。
Like Yeah.
只是我也不知道。
Just I don't know.
感觉不一样,风险没那么大。
There wasn't the same like, stakes were not as high.
当时风险没那么高。
The stakes were not as high.
我也很喜欢这个表达方式,各位。
I love that expression too, guys.
这是今天额外补充的词汇。
This is a bonus vocabulary word for today.
对吧,米歇尔?
Right, Michelle?
这个表达具体是什么意思?这样我们的听众今天可以记下来。
What does that expression mean just so our listeners can write this down today?
当风险很高时,意味着事情非常重要,因为某些特定原因。
The stakes when the stakes are high, it's like it matters a lot because for some specific reason.
比如学英语时风险高,是因为你需要用英语沟通。
Like, so if the stakes are high when you're learning English, it's like they're high because you need to communicate.
你无法依靠母语作为退路。
You don't have your first language to fall back on.
没错。
Exactly.
正是如此。
Exactly.
所以我觉得这很有道理,因为这是你经历的心理转变。
So I think there is something to that because it's a mental shift that you go through.
就像是你没有
It's like you don't have
一张安全网。
a safety net.
你知道吗?
You know?
没有安全网。
There's no safety net.
你没有任何退路。
There's nothing you can fall back on.
你不能直接翻译成母语。
You can't translate that into your native language.
你必须找到方法,这能培养语言灵活性。
You have to find a way to and that creates language flexibility.
很多听众朋友,要知道,你们都想为自己培养这种灵活性。
A lot of our listeners, know, guys, you wanna create that flexibility for yourself.
对吧,米歇尔?
Right, Michelle?
对。
Right.
是的。
Yeah.
没错。
Yeah.
嗯。
Yeah.
确实。
Exactly.
所以我认为那一刻,尽管你以为会更关注自己的错误,但实际上可能关注得更少。
So I think that's the moment, even though you think you'll focus more on your mistakes, probably you focus less.
因为一开始,你可能会更关注那些错误。
Because at first, maybe you focus more on the mistakes.
如果我错了请纠正我。
Correct me if I'm wrong.
但是,就像你说的,一开始会感觉不太舒服。
But, like, at first, like you said, it's uncomfortable.
然后你就会开始,像你说的那样,思考这些关系。
And then you start to, like you said, think about the relationships.
想想看,比如,在煮什么?
Think of, like, what's cooking?
比如,发生了什么?
Like, what's going on?
确实如此。
And Exactly.
这会在某种程度上改变关注点。
And that will kinda it it changes the focus.
对。
Right.
就像,改变了你的选择,所以你改变了关注点。
Like, changes your options, so you change the focus.
是啊。
Yeah.
完全同意。
Completely agree.
各位,那么如何
Guys, so how does
这与我们的听众有什么关系?
this apply to our listeners?
各位,也许你们正准备申请美国或英国的大学。
Guys, maybe you are getting ready to enroll in college in The US or The UK.
也许你正要搬到加州去硅谷工作。
Maybe you are just moving to California to work in Silicon Valley.
你有选择权。
You have a choice.
你打算住在哪里?要和什么样的人为伍?
Where are you going to live and who are you gonna surround yourself with?
做出正确的选择。
Make the right choice.
对吧,米歇尔?
Right, Michelle?
太棒了。
Excellent.
我喜欢这个建议。
I love it.
是啊,各位。
Yeah, guys.
是啊。
Yeah.
别担心你的错误。
Don't worry about your mistakes.
关注那些联系,关注那些人际关系。
Worry on those connect worry about those connections.
别担心。
Don't worry.
一切都关乎连接。
It's all about connection.
这就是为什么我们相信连接,而非完美。
That's why we believe in connection, not perfection.
这就是我们过去几期节目一直在强调的,也是《全神贯注英语》的主题——连接重于完美。
That's what we have we've been saying in the last few episodes, and that's how that's the theme of All Ears English is connection, not perfection.
所以去追求那种让你沉浸其中的环境吧。
So go for that house where you immerse yourself.
好的,米歇尔。
Okay, Michelle.
嘿。
Hey.
祝你今天过得愉快。
Enjoy the rest of your day.
好吗?
Okay?
谢谢。
Thanks.
你也是。
You too.
再见,各位。
Bye, guys.
保重。
Take care.
拜拜。
Bye.
感谢收听《全神贯注英语》。
Thanks for listening to All Ears English.
如果你相信连接而非完美,请在任意播客平台关注我们的节目,确保你不会错过任何内容。
And if you believe in connection, not perfection, follow our show wherever you listen to podcasts to make sure you don't miss anything.
下次见。
See you next time.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。