本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
梦想是打造一个宜居、可负担、环保的社区。
The dream, build a livable, affordable, eco friendly community.
加利福尼亚永远公司在这里索拉诺县拥有超过一百平方英里的土地,得到硅谷投资者的支持,计划建设一座新城市。
California Forever owns more than a 100 square miles of land here in Solano County backed by Silicon Valley investors to build a new city.
我们要回归上世纪六七十年代乃至八十年代旧金山湾区曾经的做法,那时它是美国高科技制造的中心。
We're going back to what the Bay Area in Northern California used to do back in the sixties and seventies and eighties when it was the center for high-tech manufacturing in America.
这座新城将完全自筹资金并实现可持续发展。
This new city will be entirely self funded and sustainable.
我们在北加州拥有的创新引擎非常独特,而我们因为不增加住房建设而限制它,这简直疯狂。
The innovation engine that we have in Northern California is really special, and the fact that we are throttling it by not building up housing is just crazy.
女士们、先生们,请欢迎加利福尼亚永远公司的简·斯拉梅克。
Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome California Forever's Jan Sramek.
早上好。
Morning.
正如你们刚才所听到的,我负责加利福尼亚永远公司,正在建设下一个伟大的美国城市。
As you've just heard, I run California Forever, which is building the next great American city.
我们正在加利福尼亚这里建设这座城市。
And we are building it right here in California.
我知道你们所有人此刻都在想:加利福尼亚?
And I know what all of you are already thinking which is California?
真的吗?
Really?
那么,我们现在在哪里?
Well, where are we today?
我们就在加利福尼亚。
We are in California.
全部参与峰会就在加利福尼亚举行。
The All In Summit is in California.
我认为这正是关键所在:尽管加利福尼亚有诸多缺陷和挑战,但它却是不可替代的。
And I think that's kind of the point because despite all of its flaws and challenges, California is irreplaceable.
不管你喜不喜欢,如今在美国,没有任何其他地方能像加利福尼亚这样扮演如此关键的角色。
Whether you like it or not, there is nowhere else in America that can play the role that California plays in The United States right now.
所以我们必须努力解决这个州存在的所有问题。
And so we have to fight for fixing all of the things that are wrong with the state.
我于1987年出生在东欧的捷克共和国,那时柏林墙倒塌前两年。
I was born in Eastern Europe in 1987 in The Czech Republic which was two years before the Wall Came Down.
在后苏联时代的东欧长大时,加州就是加州梦。
And growing up as a kid in post Soviet Eastern Europe, California California was the California dream.
加州就是这样的。
California was this.
二十六年后,我终于在2013年来到这里,而我所看到的是这样的。
And then after twenty six years, I finally got here in 2013 and what I found was this.
这里有无家可归者,有人向谷歌班车扔石头,企业开始离开加州,所有这一切都是自找的。
It was homelessness, it was people throwing rocks at Google buses, it was companies beginning to leave the state and and all of it was entirely self inflicted.
所有这一切。
All of it.
这完全是自己造成的失误。
This was a self goal.
100%都是。
100% of it.
因为我们没能建造足够多维持一个真正州政府运转所需的东西。
Because we had failed to build enough of everything that you need to run an actual state.
我们没能建造足够的住房。
We failed to build enough housing.
我们没能建造足够的办公空间。
We failed to build enough office space.
我们没能建造足够的工厂。
We failed to build enough factories.
我们没能建造足够的高速公路、火车和能源。
We failed to build enough freeways and trains and energy.
全部都是。
All of it.
我觉得这非常令人悲伤,因为对我来说,加利福尼亚,更广泛地说,美国,一直以来都是以向世界展示建设能力而著称的。
And I found it profoundly sad because to me, California and more broadly America, we were defined by building to the rest of the world.
我的意思是,我们曾经是世界上建设能力最强的地方。
I mean, we were the place that could build better than anyone else in the world.
金门大桥只用了四年就建成了。
The Golden Gate Bridge was built in four years.
波音747从一个想法到搭载付费乘客,只用了三年。
The Boeing seven forty seven went from an idea to carrying a fare paying passenger in three years.
海军在1951年提出了建造核潜艇的想法。
The Navy got the idea to build a nuclear submarine in 1951.
到1954年,它就已经下水了。
It was in the water in 1954.
我觉得这真的令人难过。
And I thought it was really sad.
不过,现在有个好消息。
Now, here's the good news.
虽然花了一些时间,但在过去几年里,无论是左派还是右派,我们都意识到,如何在美国进行建设,将成为未来二十年的决定性问题。
It took a while, but in the last few years, both on the left and on the right, we have realized that this question of how do we build in America is going to be the defining question of the next twenty years.
这让我想到了这一点。
And that brings me to this.
大约十年前,我刚到加利福尼亚时,就开始着手推动后来成为加利福尼亚永续公司(California Forever)的项目。
Shortly after coming to California, about a decade ago, I started working on what became California Forever.
我们希望打造一个地方,让加利福尼亚能够以配得上这个伟大州份的规模进行建设。
And we wanted to build a place where California would build at a scale that is worthy of this great state.
我们正在索拉诺县开展这项工作,它位于硅谷和萨克拉门托之间的中点。
And we are doing that in a place called Solano County, which is about halfway between Silicon Valley and Sacramento.
非常重要的是,它距离纳帕县东部大约半小时车程。
Very importantly, it's also about half an hour east of Napa.
在过去十年中,我们筹集了超过10亿美元,并收购了近7万英亩土地用于建设。
Over the decade, we've raised over $1,000,000,000 and we've acquired nearly 70,000 acres to build.
这超过了一百平方英里。
That's over a 100 square miles.
这就是它的样子。
This is what it looks like.
这是加州重新建设的绝佳蓝图。
It is this incredible canvas for California to build again.
它的面积是曼哈顿岛的五倍。
It is five times the size of the Island Of Manhattan.
我们拥有的土地是旧金山市面积的两倍半。
The land we own is two and a half times the size of the city of San Francisco.
这里正是萨克拉门托湾与萨克拉门托河交汇之处。
It is where the Sacramento Bay meets the Sacramento River.
我们将在那里建设加州和美国当前迫切需要的一切。
And what we're going to build there are all of the things that California and America need right now.
我们将从回归促成硅谷崛起的根本做起。
And we're going to start by actually going back to what built Silicon Valley.
我们将首先建设索拉纳工坊,这将成为美国最大的先进制造园区,让硅谷再次实现研发与生产的一体化布局。
We're going to start by building the Solana Foundry which will be the largest advanced manufacturing park in America where Silicon Valley can once again co locate r and d and production.
今天这里已经有很多关于中国和制造业回流的讨论。
There's been a lot of talk about China here today and on onshoring manufacturing.
我们不能通过堆砌人力来与中国竞争并实现制造业回流。
We cannot compete with China and onshore manufacturing by throwing bodies at the problem.
美国根本就没有足够的人口来做到这一点。
We simply don't have enough people in America to do that.
我们唯一能竞争的方式是建造未来的工厂,利用机器人和人工智能显著提升每位工人的生产率。
The only way that we can compete is by building factories of the future where we use robotics and AI to dramatically increase the productivity per worker.
这也会让工作变得更有趣。
That also makes the job more fun.
这还让这些公司能够为在这些工厂工作的员工支付更高的薪酬。
That also allows those companies to pay those people way better to work in those factories.
谁能够建造未来的工厂?
Who are the people who can build the factories of the future?
谁在从事机器人和人工智能的工作?
Who are the people who do robotics and AI?
他们住在哪里?
Where do they live?
他们主要住在湾区。
They predominantly live in the Bay Area.
而现在,我们却通过强迫他们每次去工厂车间时,都得从硅谷乘飞机飞到美国其他地方,调整设备后再花三天时间返回,让他们的工作变得极其困难。
And right now, we are making it insanely hard for them to do their job by forcing them every time they need to go to the factory floor to get on a plane in Silicon Valley and fly to some other part of America and then adjust it and then spend three days coming back.
你不可能一天内往返德克萨斯州或俄亥俄州。
You cannot do a one day trip to Texas or Ohio.
这是一次为期三天的行程。
It's a three day trip.
我们应该在门洛帕克一小时车程外设立基地,让硅谷能够在那里建设,而我们正在通过Foundry实现这一点。
We should have places where Silicon Valley can build an hour outside of Menlo Park and that's what we're building with the Foundry.
我们正在处理的第二个重大国家安全问题是造船业。
The second major national security issue that we're working on is shipbuilding.
正如你可能听说过的,休斯顿,我们面临着一个相当严重的问题。
As you might have heard, we have quite a serious problem, Houston.
仅举一例,中国重庆的船厂去年建造的船舶数量,超过了自二战结束以来美国所有船厂累计建造的总和。
Just as one example, Chongqing Island shipping out in China built more ships last year than we have built collectively in The United States since the end of the second world war.
一个船坞。
One shipyard.
顺便说一下,中国所有的商用船舶都是按照军用标准建造的。
And by the way, every ship in China that is a commercial ship is built to military standards.
因此,如果在冲突情况下需要,你可以迅速为其加装武器和各种系统。
So that if you need to, in a conflict scenario, you can mount it with guns and systems and everything else that you need.
我们还有很长的路要走。
We have a long way to go.
好消息是。
Here is the good news.
江西岛,中国造船业的‘死星’,就是这张图上红色标注的区域。
Jiangxiang Island, the death star of Chinese shipbuilding, is the area that you can see in red on this image.
纽波特纽斯是我们美国最大的船坞,用蓝色标出,接下来的几个船坞则是我们建造潜艇和其他项目的地点。
Newport News, is the biggest shipyard we have in America, is shown in blue and then the next few shipyards are the next shipyards where we build submarines and other programs.
好消息是,所有这些船坞加起来,都能容纳在我们在索拉诺县深水流域通道上拥有的六点五英里海岸线上。
The good news is that they all fit on the six and a half miles of waterfronts that we own in Solano County on the Deep Watershed Channel.
全部都是。
All of them.
而这还不到我们在该地区整体持有的土地的10%。
And that is less than 10% of the holding that we have overall in the area.
因此,这个船厂具备真正推动国家发展的规模。
So this shipyard has the scale to really move the needle for the country.
但还不止如此。
But it's not just that.
这是美国所有船厂——包括公共和私营——的分布图。
This is a map of all of the shipyards in The United States, public and private.
你可以看到,大多数船厂都集中在东海岸和墨西哥湾沿岸。
And what you can see is that most of them are huddled around on the Eastern Seaboard and in the Gulf.
我不愿扫你的兴,但敌人就在那边。
I hate to break it to you, but the enemy is that way.
如果你是中国共产党,你在太平洋任何冲突中的首要行动,都会是轰炸或以其他方式关闭巴拿马运河。
If you're the Chinese Communist Party, the first thing that you'll do in any kind of conflict in the Pacific is you will bomb or otherwise shut down the Panama Canal.
如果你切断了这条通道,我们的船只就无法返回美国的船厂进行维修,也无法在不绕行阿根廷——那可是数万公里之外——的情况下将新船投入冲突区域。
And if you've done that, there is no way to bring our ships back into The United States into the shipyards for repair and there is no way to bring new ships out into the conflict without going around Argentina which is tens of thousands of miles away.
因此,我们迫切需要新建船厂。
So we desperately need new shipyards.
我们迫切需要在西海岸建设这些船厂。
We desperately need them on the West Coast.
好消息是,美国最适合建造新船厂的最好、最大的地点恰好位于旧金山湾区,这里不仅是全国最优质的天然港口。
And the good news is that the best and the biggest site in America for shipbuilding for new shipyards happens to be located in the Bay Area, which is number one, the best natural harbor in the country.
而且还是未来建造智能船舶所需的全部人工智能人才的聚集地。
And number two, where all of the AI talent is that you need to build the ships of the future in the shipyard of the future.
最后,你不能只是在工业园区里建一个船厂。
Lastly, you can't just build a shipyard in a manufacturing park.
你需要建造一座完整的城市来支持它。
You need to build a whole city to support them.
为此,我们正在规划一座可步行的新型城市,可容纳多达40万人。
And to do that, we're building a new walkable city for up to 400,000 people.
但与造船厂和铸造厂这些面向未来和二十一世纪的技术不同,这座城市的设计灵感源自美国旧时的社区,比如查尔斯顿、纽约西村和旧金山的马林区,在这些地方,你能看到传统而美丽的建筑,八岁的孩子可以独自步行上学,你也可以在公共广场上与朋友共进晚餐。
But unlike the shipyard and the foundry, are about technologies of the future and of the twenty first century, the city is inspired by old American neighborhoods, by places like Charleston and the West Village and Marina in San Francisco where you have traditional beautiful architecture, your eight year old can walk to school alone and you can have dinner with friends in a in a public square.
这是一个许多美国人和加州人渴望居住的地方,但如今,他们要么负担不起,要么根本找不到这样的地方。
It's the kind of place that so many so many Americans and Californians want to live in, Right now, they either can't afford it or they even can't find it at all.
因此,总而言之,无论是重新投资的浪潮、丰裕运动,还是那些呼吁‘现在是时候建设了’的人们,他们都正在呼唤美国抓住这一历史时刻。
And so in summary, there is this incredible energy whether it's the reinvestivized movement, whether it is the abundance movement, people who say it's time to build, and all of them are calling on America to meet the moment.
在过去的各个时代,每当这种情况发生时,我们都会建造出代表那个时代的象征性工程。
And in the past eras, whenever that happened, we had symbols that were built in those eras.
镀金时代有横贯大陆的铁路和芝加哥的重建。
The Gilded Age had the transcontinental railroad and the rebuilding of Chicago.
新政时期有胡佛水坝。
The New Deal had the Hoover Dam.
战争期间,我们在凯撒造船厂建造了舰船,有铆钉女工罗西;太空时代则将人类送上了月球。
During the war, we built ships in Kaiser Shipyards with Rosie the Riveter and the space age put a man on the moon.
我们的主张是,鉴于其规模、地理位置和雄心壮志,加利福尼亚永恒城是当下美国最重要理念的有形体现。
And our proposition is that because of its scale and its location and ambition, California Forever is a physical manifestation of all the most important things in America right now.
这种新的乐观精神,制造业、造船业、为每个人提供住房,以及速度与富足。
This new optimism, manufacturing, shipbuilding, homes for everyone, speed and abundance.
这就是为什么这对索拉诺县至关重要。
And that's why this matters for Solana County.
这就是为什么这对加利福尼亚州至关重要。
That's why this matters for California.
这就是为什么这对美国至关重要。
That's why this matters for America.
因为所有这些地方都需要一座新的山巅之城。
Because all of these places need a new shining city on a hill.
而这正是我们正在建设的。
And that's what we are building.
非常感谢。
Thank you very much.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。