本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
好了,各位。
Alright, everybody.
欢迎回到全球排名第一的播客,你们最爱的播客——All In 播客。
Welcome back to the number one podcast in the world, your favorite podcast, the all in podcast.
今天和我一起的,还是核心四人组,原始四人:大卫·弗里德伯格和大卫·萨克斯。
With me again, the core four, the original four, David Friedberg, David Sacks.
我们在这里。
We're here.
世界上发生了很多事情。
And there's a lot going on in the world.
各位,大家这一周过得怎么样?
Gentlemen, how's everybody's week going?
有人下周有什么大计划吗?
Anybody got big plans for next week?
J。
J.
卡尔,你的船终于到了。
Cal, your ship has finally come in.
你的邀请函并没有在邮寄中丢失。
Your invitation was not lost in the mail.
什么?
What?
我打赌
Well, I bet
你已经被邀请去达沃斯了。
You have been invited to Davos.
什么?
What?
我得去拿我的吉他。
I gotta get my guitar.
哦,达沃斯。
Oh, Davos.
库姆巴亚。
Kumbaya.
别搞砸了。
Don't blow it
我要去
I'm gonna
带上我的吉他。
bring my guitar.
别搞砸了。
Don't blow it out.
别搞砸了。
Don't blow it.
萨克斯,向观众解释一下这里发生了什么。
Explain to the audience what's happening here, Sax.
发生了什么?
What's happening?
嗯,结果发现,那里有一栋房子需要内容。
Well, as it turns out, one of the houses there is in need of content.
所以他们提供了一个舞台来采访人们。
So they've offered all in a stage to interview people.
好的。
Alright.
所以我们有舞台、麦克风,你就要去了。
So we got stage, microphone, you're going.
我去。
I'm going.
是的。
Yeah.
特朗普总统将在周三在那里发表重要演讲。
President Trump is giving a major talk there on Wednesday.
我明白了。
I understand.
所以那里有舞台和麦克风。
And so there is a stage and microphones.
所以我取消了去日本的滑雪旅行,去了达沃斯。
So I'm I canceled my ski trip in Japan to go to Davos.
连杰森都要去,连杰森都要去。
Even Jason is going to Even Jason.
杰·卡尔是
Jay Cal is
在达沃斯。
at Davos.
就连杰·卡尔。
Even Jay Cal.
我的意思是,这挺搞笑的。
I mean, it's pretty funny.
我当时也被邀请参与这件事,就像你大概很久以前也收到过这种邀请一样。
I was invited to be part of that, like you probably got this tuchem off back in the day.
他们是年薪五万美元的年轻领袖。
Like, they're young leaders for $50,000 a year.
所以我们将会进行一些采访。
So we're gonna be doing some interviews.
如果你在达沃斯,想接受我和萨克斯的采访,或者有演讲者推荐,就发邮件给 Jason@ballin.com,我们会实时安排。
And if you wanna be interviewed by me and or Sachs at The USA house, email Jason@ballin.com if you're there, if you have ideas for speakers, and we're gonna be booking in real time.
我还没去过达沃斯。
I haven't been to Davos.
我想流程是这样的:有很多展馆。
Guess the way it works is there's a bunch of houses.
各国设有展馆,然后企业赞助这些展馆。
So countries have houses and then companies sponsor houses.
而且
And
那里有很多活动。
there's stuff happening there.
那里设置了多个舞台,一直在进行采访。
There's like stages set up and there's constant interview.
所以,我收到了很多请求。
So, you know, I've gotten a bunch of requests.
基本上,在达沃斯,每个人都在互相采访。
Basically, everyone's interviewing everyone else at Davos.
这说得通吗?
Does that make sense?
我的意思是,所有与会者都在不停地互相采访。
I mean, it's like all the attendees are just constantly interviewing each other.
这就像是播客圈的巡回活动。
It's like the podcast circuit.
现在这些播客主持人都快没嘉宾可访了,所以
All these podcasters now run out of guests, so
他们就在一个巨大的循环里互相采访。
they just interview each other in a giant circle.
就是这样。
That's what it is.
这简直就是要说‘是的’。
It's literally gonna be Yeah.
国家元首采访国家元首。
Heads of state interviewing heads of state.
是的。
Yes.
每个人都在互相采访。
Everyone's just interviewing everybody.
嘿。
Hey.
欢迎来到JD Vets节目。
Welcome to the JD Vets show.
我是JD Vets。
I'm JD Vets.
今天做客节目的有蒙达米。
With me on the show today is Mondami.
欢迎来到节目。
Welcome to the show.
那边大家都在做合作。
Everybody's doing collabs there.
蛇已经吞了自己的尾巴,但我认为我们会玩得很开心。
The snake has eaten its tail, but I think we'll have a fun time.
我和萨克斯要去,我们会大干一场,玩得开心。
Me and Saks are going, and we're gonna we're gonna tear it up and have a good time.
美国馆,你知道的,就在那边的主街上。
The USA house, understand, is, like, on a main street there.
据我了解,我之前和麦肯锡的首席执行官聊过,他应该是合伙人之一,赞助了达沃斯的很多活动。
And my understanding is I was talking to the CEO of McKinsey, who's one of the partners, I guess, who who sponsors a lot of the stuff at Davos.
看看你,和全球精英称兄道弟,还跟深层政府发消息。
Look at you rubbing elbows with the global elite talking, texting with the deep state.
这太棒了。
This is fantastic.
是的。
Yeah.
不。
No.
我要去了。
I'm going.
这是深层国家,我正进入2026年的深层国家时代。
It's a deep state it's my deep state era going into 2026.
据说氛围是,Sax,人们只是在主街上闲逛,然后随便走进美国之家,进行社交。
And there's supposedly what the vibe is, Sax, is people just kinda walk around the main town, and they'll just pop into USA house, and they network.
喝杯咖啡。
Have a have a coffee.
他们喝杯咖啡。
They take a coffee.
然后我们需要让制片人丽莎说,嘿。
And then what we've gotta do is have producer Lisa say, hey.
你有听全部内容吗?
Do you listen to all in?
嘿。
Hey.
很高兴见到你。
Well, it's great to see you.
你愿意和大卫和杰森聊聊吗?
Would you like to talk to David and Jason?
他们会在那边坐着,就我和戴夫来主持局面。
They're gonna be sitting over here, and just me and Dave are gonna hold court.
这会很有趣。
It's gonna be fun.
我非常期待。
I'm looking forward to it.
我们我们
We're we
街上有个小矮人。
have some kind like a little little man on the street.
我们可能,你知道的,我在我设备里做过一点街头采访,我们可能会拿个无线麦克风到街上看看会发生什么。
We might you know, I've done a little Vox pop in my deck, and we might we might get a wireless microphone and go on the street and see what happens.
这只会持续五分钟,直到人们听到杰·卡尔在烦人地问问题。
This is gonna last five minutes until people hear that Jay Cal is is being obnoxious and asking
你知道吗,杰·卡尔,人们不知道的是,杰·卡尔模仿《侮辱喜剧狗》简直太绝了。
Well, you know, Jay Cal people don't know this, but Jay Cal does an incredible triumph the insult comic dog impression.
哦,是的。
Oh, yeah.
我会。
I do.
我会。
I do.
天啊。
Oh my god.
如果你去所有地方
If you went around to all
这个胜利
of this triumph
哦,老兄。
oh, dude.
哦,太好了。
Oh, yay.
看起来像是德国总理。
It looks like it's the prime minister of Germany.
我明白了。
I understand.
你在正确的时间关掉了你的核反应堆。
You turned off your nuclear at the right time.
数据中心项目进展如何?
How's the data center project going?
我听说15岁的格蕾塔在负责你们的节能和战略。
I heard the 15 year old Greta is doing your energy conservation and your strategy.
这对你们来说进展如何?
How's that going for you?
这甚至都不是你们的一半。
It's not even a last half of you.
是的。
Yeah.
我们在达沃斯会被扣留。
We're gonna be detained at Davos.
好吧。
Alright.
我想我们得谈谈伊朗正在发生什么。
I guess we gotta talk about what's going on in Iran.
政权更迭可能正在发生。
Regime change could be happening.
在过去一个月里,爆发了大规模的反政权抗议活动。
There have been massive anti regime protests over the last month.
正如所有听众可能都知道的,自1979年革命以来,伊朗一直由一位伊斯兰独裁者统治。
As everybody listening probably knows, Iran has been ruled by an Islamic dictator since the nineteen seventy nine revolution.
自1989年以来,哈梅内伊一直掌权。
Ali Khomeini is in power since 1989.
如果你想了解为什么会发生这种情况,可能有两个关键数据点你需要了解。
And if you wanna understand why this is happening, there's probably two data points that you should know.
从短期来看,过去六七年里,通货膨胀简直失控了。
In the short term, last, you know, six, seven years, inflation has been bonkers.
如果你觉得新冠期间7%、8%、9%的通胀已经很严重了,而现在人们还在抱怨2.6%的通胀。
If you think, you know, seven, eight, 9% inflation during COVID was acute and and, you know, 2.6 now people complaining about.
看看这张图表,各位。
Take a look at this chart, boys.
自2019年以来,由于制裁,通胀率平均达到30%。
It's it's been 30% on average since 2019 due to sanctions.
显然,这些措施是有效的。
Obviously, those things can work.
出现了粮食短缺,人们走上街头。
There's been food shortages, people in the streets.
长期来看,这里有一张图表,数据来自2020年。
Long term, here's a chart, and this is from 2020.
所以你可以把这张图往后延伸六年。
So you can add six years to the chart you're seeing here.
但伊朗有很多年轻人,人口结构中20多岁和30多岁的人占很大比例。
But there's a lot of young people in Iran, and the populace is made up of a lot of 20 and 30.
他们使用Starlink,也能访问VPN。
And they have Starlink, and they have access and VPNs.
因此,他们希望融入未来。
And so they want to be part of the future.
他们希望实现现代化。
They wanna modernize.
SACS,去年这还是一个争议点。
SACS, this was a point of contention last year.
我们之前在讨论正在进行的干预,比如外国战争,以及你对此的担忧。
We were talking about interventions going on, you know, foreign wars and your concerns about that.
这个是从底层发起的。
This one is from the bottom up.
所以我认为这非常不同。
So I think that makes it quite different.
是吗?
Yeah?
嗯,这是一个高度动态的局势。
Well, look, this is a highly dynamic situation.
我并不想对这件事多加评论,只想说我相信特朗普总统会做出正确的决定并妥善处理。
I don't really wanna comment on something except to say that I trust president Trump to make the right decision and handle it.
据我了解,目前这些抗议活动要么正在消退,要么遭到镇压,我倾向于认为它们正在平息。
As I understand it, the protests are either fizzling out or being cracked down on at this point, and I tend to think it's dying down.
但我也不确定,这确实是一个动态变化的局面。
But I'm not sure and it's it's a dynamic situation.
问题是,每当我对这类事情发表评论时,最后都会变成特朗普顾问大卫·萨克斯说了什么。
I really look, the problem is whenever I comment on something like this, it ends up being Trump adviser, David Sacks says whatever.
是的。
Yeah.
你被剪辑了,没错。
You get clipped and yeah.
事实上,我只参与了两个议题,而这件事并不在其中,所以我真的觉得我不该对此发表评论。
And the reality is I'm only involved on two issues and this isn't one of them, so I don't really think I should be commenting.
对。
Yeah.
弗赖堡,你一直在谈论这件事,我想这应该是你上周《预测节目》中的预测之一。
Freiburg, you've been talking about this and I think it was part of your predictions from the show last week, the prediction show.
这是你的Poly Markets数据,然后我让你谈谈你的看法。
Here's your poly markets and then I'll let you give your thoughts on it.
霍梅尼在1月31日前卸任伊朗最高领袖。
Khomeini out as supreme leader of Iran by January 31.
这一概率之前曾高达27%,现在已降至10%。
That was up around 27% and now has dropped to a 10% chance.
政权会在2027年前垮台吗?
And will the regime fall before 2027?
交易量为260万美元,概率为37%。
$2,600,000 in volume, 37% chance.
这一概率曾经最高达到过五成以上,而且是在今年年底前。
It's been up there as high as, I think, 50 some odd percent, and this is before the end of the year.
显然,当我们周四录制时,这属于突发新闻类型——大家都知道,我周五就不在了。
So, obviously, a breaking news type situation by the time we tape on Thursdays as everybody knows, I'm out on Fridays.
所以情况可能迅速变化,但总的来说,你对此有什么看法,弗里德伯格?
So this could be radically changing, but just broad strokes, what are your thoughts here, Friedberg?
我的意思是,由于有效的制裁,伊朗国内出现分裂是不可避免的。
I mean, I think it's inevitable that there's a break in the country because of the effective sanctions.
伊朗的平均月收入约为200美元,而食品价格与美国差不多,可能略低于美国。
The average income is about $200 a month in Iran, and the price of food is roughly the same as The US, maybe a little bit less than The US.
我的意思是,我在伊朗查了一下麦当劳的套餐,价格相当于4美元。
I mean, they're a combo meal at McDonald's, I just pulled this up in Iran, is $4 equivalent.
所以,如果你月收入只有200美元,而一顿麦当劳就要4美元,生活成本很快就会压垮人。
So, again, if you're making $200 a month and it's $4 to go to McDonald's, costs catch up pretty quickly.
我认为,最终让社会崩溃的是人们无力负担基本生活所需,那时人们别无选择,只能站起来反抗。
I think that ultimately is what breaks civil society is when people can't afford the things that they need and people have no choice but to stand up.
一个压迫性的体制和政权可以压制人民很久,直到他们挨饿或无法获得医疗等基本服务,而这些正是最终引发动荡的关键因素。
And an oppressive system, an oppressive regime can keep people down for so long until they're starving or they can't get access to things like medical care, and these these are the sorts of things that ultimately lead to these moments.
所以,这看起来似乎是不可避免的。
So it seems like it's an inevitability.
美国对伊朗政权施加了巨大压力,现在看来,这种压力已经开始奏效。
The United States put a lot of pressure on the regime in Iran, and it seems to be starting to break.
每个人都在问的关键问题是,特朗普是否会支持这场革命,理论上这可能涉及攻击伊斯兰革命卫队的设施——革命卫队是维持政权对人民控制的内部安全部队。
The key question that everyone's asking is Trump gonna act in supporting the revolution, which theoretically, I would imagine would involve attacking IRGC sites, are the revolutionary guard that are sort of the internal security force that maintains the regime's control over the people.
如果他们摧毁了革命卫队的设施,这真的能让人民获得自由吗?过渡计划又是什么?
And if they take out IRGC sites, will that actually result in the people being free, and what's the transition plan?
这显然是一种非常混乱的局面。
This is obviously a very messy situation.
雷扎·帕拉维在欧洲,他说自己准备回国,他是沙阿的儿子。
Reza Pallavi is in Europe, and he said he's ready to come back, and he is the Shah's son.
如果他回国,你该如何赋予他影响力和控制权?
And if he comes back, how are you going to give him influence and control?
这个问题最近在委内瑞拉也出现过。
This is the same question that recently came up in Venezuela.
政府机构需要管理庞大的基础设施,你不能随便让一个外人进来就直接接管一切。
There is a very large infrastructure that needs to be overseen of government agencies, you know, you can't bring an outsider in and just plug them right in to take over everything.
这种过渡非常困难,而当人们开始偷窃、设施被关闭时,事情就会崩溃。
It's a very difficult transition, and that's when things fall apart, when people steal stuff, when things get turned off.
那么,如何在不因引入外部新人而破坏社会核心功能的情况下,维持其正常运转呢?
So how do you maintain kind of the core functioning of society without breaking it by bringing someone new from the outside?
这就是事情变得非常复杂的地方。
That's where this gets very messy.
所以,我不知道未来会怎样。
So I I don't know what's ahead.
是的。
Yeah.
昨晚并没有发生空袭。
And the strikes didn't happen last night.
贝桑特宣布了进一步的制裁措施。
Besant announced some increased sanctions.
正如你所指出的,弗里伯格,增加经济压力似乎总是应对这种情况的最佳方式之一。
That always seems to be one of the best ways to handle this is to increase the economic pressure as you pointed out, Freeburg.
对于不太了解的人而言,伊朗是一个大国。
And for people who don't on who are not familiar, Iran is a large country.
它是中东第二大国家,仅次于埃及,我认为有近一亿人口,大约九千五百万人口生活在伊朗。
It's the second largest in The Middle East behind Egypt, I believe, and close to a 100,000,000 people, 95,000,000 people, I think, live in Iran.
如果这里发生政权更迭,将对整个地区产生巨大影响。
This would have a dramatic impact on the region if there was a transition here.
显然,你听说过胡塞武装和真主党都得到了伊朗的支持、资助和庇护。
Obviously, you've heard about different Houthis and Hezbollah being supported, funded, housed in Iran.
所以,如果真发生了政权更迭,这将非常戏剧性,查马斯。
So this would be quite dramatic, Chamath, if this turned over.
即使只有10%到30%的可能性发生,你对此有什么看法吗?
It's even if it's a 10 to 30% chance this were to happen, any thoughts on what that would mean?
你知道,我们一直在观察中东的现代化进程,比如沙特、阿联酋、卡塔尔等国都在争取话语权,不断提升影响力和现代化水平。
You know, we've been watching this modernization of the Middle East and just Saudi, UAE, Qatar, everybody having a seat at the table, increasing influence, increasing modernization in those countries.
这对该地区意味着什么?
What would this do in the region?
真的很难说。
It's really hard to tell.
伊朗人民非常充满活力。
It's an incredibly vibrant people.
如果你看看伊朗侨民,他们会成为所加入的每一种文化的充满活力的一部分。
If you look at the Iranian diaspora, they're really a dynamic part of every culture they join.
如果你认识洛杉矶的波斯人,我的意思是,他们
If you know Persians in LA or Persians I mean, they're I
我的意思是,你和我在洛杉矶的侨民中一起打过扑克。
mean, you and I played poker with the diaspora in LA.
这些是
These are
他们是西伍德最值得信赖的人。
the most credible people in Westwood.
他们是最棒的。
They're they're the greatest.
他们是世界上最棒的人。
They're the greatest people.
他们要关闭这家俱乐部了,
They're shutting the club down,
最后离开的人,
the last people out
在比赛结束后。
at the game.
是的。
Yeah.
他们真的非常出色。
They're really great.
我想说的是,你不能用笼统的刻板印象来描绘整个中东地区。
The thing that I would say is that I don't think that you can paint the Middle East with the broad brush here.
这里的文化与其他中东国家截然不同。
It's a very different culture than the other Middle East countries.
这是一种根本不同的宗教。
It's a fundamentally different religion.
这是一种根本不同的语言。
It's a fundamentally different language.
所以我想说的是,我不清楚伊朗真正发生了什么。
So I would just say that I don't know what's actually going on in Iran.
由于信息被高度封锁,我认同萨克斯的观点,即目前在美国,只有美国的军方和情报机构可能拥有准确的认知。
There's been so much information containment that I take Saks' point of view, which is I think the only people in The United States right now that have an accurate sense are probably the military and intelligence apparatus of The United States.
而我们其他人则在缺乏整体背景和全貌的情况下,对零星的信息做出反应过度或反应不足。
And the rest of us are underreacting or overreacting to small pieces of information without really knowing the context and the mosaic of the whole.
在突发新闻环境中,最好做一些研究,同时保持谦逊和审慎。
In a breaking news environment, it's, best to do some research and, yeah, be humble and thoughtful
顺便说一下
By the way
关于你们的立场。
of your positions.
是的。
Yeah.
关于这一点,如果你把注意力从伊朗转移开,就会发现信息战的玩法完全不同。
The crazy thing about this, if you shift away from Iran, was specifically the information warfare game is totally different.
那么你当时看到了什么?
So what did you have?
你有SpaceX在伊朗上空启用Starlink,然后有人试图利用这个机制把信息传出来,填补这个拼图。
You had SpaceX enable Starlink over Iran, and then there was the attempt to use that mechanism to get information out, to fill in the mosaic.
对吧?
Right?
那么当时90%发生的是什么,10%发生的是什么?
So was what was happening 90% with what was happening 10%?
有没有支持霍梅尼的反革命势力?
Was there counter revolutions that were supportive of Khomeini?
我们谁都不了解情况,因为你只能看到这些零散的片段,根本很难进行交叉验证。
None of us knew anything because you would see these snippets, and it was very hard to actually triangulate.
然后整个信息通道被切断,各种封锁机制导致数据包丢失率飙升到大约90%。
Then you had this entire information channel get shut down, and you had all kinds of blocking mechanisms that essentially drove the packet loss down to, like, 90%.
重要的是要理解,这种信息战的形态将在未来的每一场冲突中出现,尤其是当你拥有像星链这样无处不在的太空系统来帮助传递信息时。
And it's just important to understand that is the generation of warfare and information that we are going to see in every conflict going forward, especially when you have something as ubiquitous as Starlink and other things in the sky to help you get the information out.
你会看到这些战术越来越普遍。
You're just gonna see these tactics increase.
我不知道你们有没有看过。
And I don't if you guys ever saw it.
已故的安东尼·波登在2013年或2014年拍摄的《未知之旅》非常精彩。
Anthony Bourdain, rest in peace, did a really great parts unknown in 2013 or '14.
安东尼·波登。
Anthony Bourdain
我从没看过。
I've ever watched.
是的。
Yeah.
如果你想看看伊朗,它看起来美极了。
If you wanna see Iran, it looks so amazing.
看看安东尼·波登在德黑兰的《未知之旅》。
Look at the Anthony Bourdain parts unknown in Tehran.
看起来像一场派对。
It looks like a party.
是的,还有那里的年轻人。
Well, yeah, and young people there.
那里的氛围完全不一样。
Total vibe there.
对。
Yeah.
那里的年轻人在压迫之下依然尽情生活,你真的能感受到他们和我们,或者世界上任何其他人并没有太大不同。
The young people are, like, really living their life under this oppression, and you you really get the sense that they're not much different than us or or any other folks in the world.
带他们参观的记者后来被拘留了,人们非常尊重安东尼·波登敢于拍摄这一集。
And the the journalists who took them around were later detained, and they really respect Andy Bourdain for even doing that episode.
天啊,他们拍摄这一集冒了很大的风险。
Man, they took a lot of risk doing that.
你还记得有一段时间,Instagram上最受欢迎的账号之一是德黑兰的富家子弟吗?
Remember there was a period where one of the most popular accounts on Instagram was the rich kids of Tehran?
没错。
Right.
如果
If
你关注他们,你会觉得天啊,这看起来就像洛杉矶或纽约。
you follow them, you'd be like, man, this looks like LA or New York.
是的。
Yeah.
香港。
Hong Kong.
是的。
Yeah.
伦敦。
London.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
迪拜。
Dubai.
那里有很大的潜力。
Great potential there.
我们支持伊朗人民获得自由。
We're rooting for the people of Iran to have their freedom.
而且,是的,实际上我要说,萨克斯,我信任特朗普在新保守主义时期的政策。
And, yeah, I actually and I'll say, Sachs, I trust Trump in his targeted neocon era.
我正努力措辞,以免冒犯任何人,但我认为他的理念非常明确。
I'm trying to phrase it properly here to not offend anybody, but I think he's really doctrine.
我的意思是,我认为,只要不会引发第三次世界大战,他就不会反对动用我们的军事力量推翻独裁者。
Well, I mean, he he, I think, doesn't have a problem using our military and the force we have to take a dictator out if it doesn't cause World War three.
如果在2026年,两个独裁者和两个社会获得自由,这对他留下的遗产意味着什么?
And if two dictators and two societies are freed in 2026, I mean, what does that even mean for his legacy?
这可能成为
This could be
他遗产的决定性时刻。
the defining
他遗产的决定性时刻。
moment of his legacy.
是的。
Yeah.
这意味着只剩下我们几个人了,杰森。
Means there's only a few of us left, Jason.
独裁者。
Dictators.
对。
Yes.
他会来找你的,沙巴特。
He'll be coming for you, Shabbat.
好的。
Alright.
微软将自行承担数据中心的费用。
Microsoft is gonna pay its own way on data centers.
我们已经讨论了很久关于数据中心的能源需求,一直有个主题。
We've been talking about this, you know, energy needs for data centers for a long time now, And there's been this theme.
嘿。
Hey.
如果数据中心要消耗这么多能源,将会导致当地电力消耗激增。
If the data centers are gonna take all this energy, it's going to spike local power consumption.
我们看到一些数据中心项目因为当地反对而可能被取消。
We saw a number of data centers, gentlemen, maybe pull out of projects where there was local pushback on them.
周一,特朗普总统,我们的总统,在Truth Social上回应了这场公关危机,点名批评微软,并表示绝不希望美国人因数据中心而支付更高的电费。
On Monday, president Trump, our president Trump, addressed this PR crisis on Truth Social, calling out Microsoft and never want Americans to pay higher electricity bills because of data centers.
两个词,数据中心。
Two words, data center.
我加了最后一部分。
I added the last part.
从本周开始,微软将做出重大调整,确保美国人不会为它们的电力消耗买单。
Microsoft will make major changes beginning this week to ensure that Americans don't pick up the tab for their power consumption.
微软总裁布拉德·史密斯宣布,将在建设数据中心的地区支付更高的电价,以覆盖新建发电设施和电网升级的费用。
Microsoft president Brad Smith announced they will pay higher electricity rates where they are building data centers to cover the cost of the new power generation and grid upgrades.
这似乎是个很简单的想法。
Seems like a pretty simple idea.
它们还将支付资金,以补充从水库抽取的用水。
And they're also gonna pay to replenish water that it draws from the reservoirs.
这个问题也被稍微夸大了。
That issue has also been a little bit overblown.
休息一下,你可能——或者实际上,贾马特,你对这个应该很了解,可以解释一下数据中心回收用水的问题,以及那些误解。
Free break, you probably or actually, Jamath, you probably know a lot about that, and you can explain the data center recycling water issues, yeah, and the misperceptions.
微软已宣布,他们不会接受任何税收减免或电价优惠。
And they're not Microsoft has announced they're not gonna accept any tax breaks or electricity rate discounts.
所以那个时代似乎已经结束了。
So that era seems to have ended.
沙巴特,你参与了多个数据中心项目;当然,大卫·萨克斯,作为我们的AI事务主管和公务员,你也参与其中。
Shabbat, you're involved in a number of data centers, and, obviously, David Sachs, you're involved in this as our AI czar and civil servant.
所以,沙巴特,你先来谈谈吧。
So, Shabbat, why don't
你先给我们做个开场吧?
you start us off here?
你们可以找到那段视频,但几周前我们就谈到过,这类举措即将推出。
You guys can find the clip, but we talked about this a few weeks ago that these kinds of things were in the offing.
我非常喜欢。
I really like it.
这是一组非常到位的初步举措,即进入当地区域,至少在你造成影响的范围内,将这些能源问题彻底解决。
It's a very good first order set of things to do, which is to step into a local area and take all of these energy issues off the table, at least to the extent that you're contributing to it.
问题是,数据中心只是问题的一部分。
The problem is that the data centers are only part of the problem.
现实是我们正在经历一种全新的生活方式,它消耗着越来越多的电力。
The reality is that we have a whole new way of living that is drawing more and more electrons.
我们正面临所需电力的短缺。
We are at a shortage for what we need.
公用事业公司的应对方式是开始建设,这是正确的反应。
The reaction of the utilities is to now build, which is the right reaction.
问题是,在过去二十年里,它们一直建设不足。
The problem is that for the last twenty years, they've been underbuilding.
因此,即使在数据中心愿意支付公平份额的情况下,电价仍会上涨。
So as they catch up, even if you have the data centers that are willing to pay their fair share, rates will still go up.
那么,除了微软刚刚宣布的措施外,我们还需要做些什么?
So what do we need to do that is beyond what Microsoft just announced?
我认为所有超大规模云服务商都应该效仿微软的做法。
I think all the hyperscalers should copy what Microsoft did.
我认为总统能让他们坐到谈判桌前并达成协议,这非常好。
I think it's great that the president was able to get these guys to the table to agree to it.
接下来要做的大事是什么?
What is the next major thing?
接下来的大事是创建一个价值一千亿或两千亿美金的税收股权工具,让他们完全补贴并支付家庭用户的电费。
The next major thing is when you actually create a 100 or $200,000,000,000 tax equity vehicle, and you have them completely subsidize and pay for the electricity costs of homeowners.
你该如何做到这一点?
How do you do that?
通过为他们支付太阳能和储能系统的费用来实现。
You do that by paying for them to get solar and storage.
他们为什么会这么做?
Why would they do that?
他们会出于两个原因这么做。
They would do that for two reasons.
第一,也是最重要的,这将为他们在全国范围内运营赢得社会许可。
Number one, and the most important, is that it will give them a social license to operate throughout the country.
第二个原因是,总统在这一项重大法案中保留了进行此类投资并享受税收优惠的能力。
The second reason is that the president preserved the ability to make those kinds of investments and be tax advantaged for doing it in the one big beautiful bill.
所以,如果你把这两点结合起来,我认为第一步是进入一个本地区域。
So if you put these two things together, I think step one is you go into a local area.
你告诉当地居民:我们会承担水费。
You tell the local residents, we'll pay for the water.
我们会确保噪音最小化,并且我们绝对不打任何折扣。
We'll make sure there's minimal noise, and we'll make sure that we take absolutely no discount.
即使这意味着我们要支付比你们更高的电费,我们也会公平付费。
We pay our fair share even if it means paying more than you do for electricity.
这是第一步。
That's step one.
但现在我认为我们需要推进到第二步。
But now I think we need to go in with step two.
这里有一笔资金,我们已拨出用于为您的房屋安装太阳能设备、储能系统、新一代热泵,以及现代化的基础设施,使您完全具备抵御能力,不再受电网对日益增长需求所做反应的影响。
Here is a bunch of money that we have allocated to go and fit your house out with solar, with storage, with next generation heat pumps, with a modern set of infrastructure so that you are totally resilient, and now you are completely ambivalent to what the grid has to do in reaction to all the demand that's coming.
是的。
Yeah.
我上周在创业栏目中采访了来自Base Power的扎克·戴尔,差不多是一年前的事了。
I had Zach Dell from Base Power on this week in startups, I don't know, a year ago now.
我们当时聊到了这个话题,我说:嘿。
And we were talking about this, I said, hey.
你们为什么不做呢?他们做的并不是太阳能。
Why why wouldn't you just and and what they do is not solar.
因为太阳能需要时间。
Because solar takes time.
你得把屋顶拆掉。
You gotta rip up your roof.
太阳能确实存在一些复杂问题。
There it's just some complications with solar.
你需要有足够的空间来安装。
You need to have the space for it.
安装成本高昂。
Expensive to install.
他们就在你家外面装一个小小的R2D2电池。
They just put a battery, like a little r two d two outside your house.
在能源便宜且充足时给这个电池充电,在电价高昂或电网压力大时再使用。
They fill up that battery when energy is cheap and plentiful, and they deploy it when it's expensive and the grid has challenges.
他说这类交易当时正在筹备或讨论中,那是以前的事了。
And he said those kind of deals are in the works or the discussions were happening and that was back then.
所以,沙莫特,你描述的这种情况是一个非常容易实现的三赢局面。
So this is a really easy win win win type situation, Shammoth, you're describing.
萨克斯,这感觉像是现在主动地、有思考地向公众传达:嘿。
Sachs, this feels like proactive now, thoughtful ways to communicate to the populace of, hey.
人工智能热潮已经到来,你有顾虑。
The AI boom is here, and you have concerns.
我们要提前应对这些问题。
We're gonna get ahead of them.
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
那么,你参与过这些讨论吗?
So have you been involved in any of these discussions?
你是在和克里斯·赖特沟通,还是说这属于一种自由市场解决方案?
Is it are you talking with Chris Wright and, like, overlapping in terms of the communication here, or is it just a free market solution?
杰森,自从本届政府上任之初,总统就一直在这个问题上走在前列。
Well, Jason, the the president's been ahead of the curve on this issue really since the beginning of the administration.
我不知道你是否还记得,他曾表示要让人工智能公司成为最大的电力公司,因为他明白这些公司所需的数据中心耗电量巨大,但它们会自行建设发电设施,而不是仅仅依赖电网供电。
I don't know if you recall, but he said that he was gonna make AI companies into the biggest power companies because he understood that the data centers that they needed required a lot of power, but they were gonna stand up their own power generation and they wouldn't just draw off the grid.
所以,这种认知一直存在。
And so I think this understanding has always been there.
当我与超大规模云服务商交谈时,他们也告诉我,他们的计划不是从电网取电,而是要在电表后方自行建立发电设施。
When I've talked to the hyperscalers, they also tell me that their plan is not to draw from the grid, it's to basically set up their own power generation behind the meter.
这被称为就近托管。
It's called colocation.
事实上,我认为最终这将因两个原因降低居民用户的电价。
And in fact, I think ultimately this will bring down rates for residential consumers for two reasons.
一是当数据中心自产电力时,如果接入电网,可以将多余电力售回或捐赠给电网。
One is that when the data centers create their own power, they can sell back or donate back to the grid when they connect.
它们不必接入电网,但一旦接入,就可以回馈电力。
They don't have to connect to the grid, but once they do, they can donate back.
其次,电力生产存在许多固定成本。
And then second, there's a number of fixed costs in power generation.
这不仅仅是可变成本,对吧?
It's not just variable, right?
这些固定成本规模很大。
There's these large fixed costs.
因此,随着规模扩大,这些固定成本会被分摊到更多的供电量上,从而降低可变电价,也就是每个人的计量电价。
And so as you increase scale, those fixed costs get amortized over a greater amount of supply and that brings down the variable rate, basically the the metered rate for everybody.
所以规模越大越好。
So scale is good.
我认为像伯尼·桑德斯这样的人对这个问题的批评具有误导性,他们说:我们只需彻底关闭所有数据中心即可。
And I think the deceptive nature of the criticism here by like Bernie Sanders and people like that is what they say is, well, we just have to shut down all the data centers, period.
这里真正的问题在于,他和类似的人对电力生产施加了过度监管,导致新建电力设施变得极其困难。
When the real problem here is that he and others like him have over regulated power generation to death so that it's too hard to set up net new power.
对吧?
Right?
我的意思是,如果电力生产更容易,就不需要对数据中心的用电量设限了。
I mean, if power generation were easier, there wouldn't need to be a limit on what the data centers could use.
他们完全可以自备电力。
They could just bring their own power.
所以,这显然是解决方案。很高兴看到微软做出这一承诺并将其正式化。
So that is the obvious solution here And it's good to see Microsoft make this pledge and sort of formalize that.
我认为其他所有超大规模云服务商都会这么做。
I think all the other hyperscalers will do that.
再说一遍,我认为他们从未计划过依赖电网来满足电力需求。
Again, it was never part of their plan, I think, to draw on the grid for their power needs.
我一直觉得,他们早就明白必须自建电力设施。
They always, I think, understood that they'd have to stand up their own power.
问题就在于这些法规阻碍了这一点。
And the issue is just regulations getting in the way of that.
关于这一点,最后要提的是,FERC(联邦能源监管委员会)有一些规定妨碍了联合选址的实施。
And just one final point on this is that there are a bunch of regulations by FERC, for example, that interfere with the ability to do colocation.
联合选址是指将数据中心和电力生成设施建在一起,或者将两者结合起来。
Colocation is when you put a data center and the power generation next to each other or you do them together.
能源部长克里斯·赖特已指示FERC做出多项调整,以简化购表和联合选址流程,使这些数据中心能够自建电力设施。
And Chris Wright, the Secretary of Energy, has directed FERC to make a bunch of changes to make buying the meter and colocation easier so that these data centers can stand up their own power.
而这一切尚未发生的原因,仅仅是由于常见的官僚拖延,但此事正稳步推进中。
And the only reason that hasn't happened is just because of the usual bureaucratic delays, but that is well on its way to happening.
好的。
Alright.
这样理解清楚吗?
Does that make sense?
是的。
Yeah.
完全说得通。
Makes total sense.
而且你知道,如果我们开始考虑激励措施,激励措施显然很重要。
And you know, if we start thinking about incentives, incentives obviously matter.
我认为很多人并不知道这一点,我觉得我们在讨论核燃料循环时提到过。
And I don't think a lot of people know this, but and I've I think I talked about it when we're talking about nuclear free burn.
在法国,住在阿韦昂(我猜是这么发音)反应堆附近的人,只需缴纳0.1%的税,而地区平均税率是12%。
In France, the people who live near the Avoin, I think is how it's pronounced, reactor, they pay point 1% tax versus the 12% regional average.
然后我认为英国也讨论过类似的风险区域或补偿方案。
And so they and then I think The UK has also talked about these sort of danger zone or proposals and payments.
你可以给人们提供折扣,以激励和奖励他们,比如提供免费的本地电力等,但这些做法在美国还没有出现。
You can give people a discount to incentivize them and reward them, giving them free local electricity, etcetera, for living near a nuclear power plant that hasn't come up here in The United States.
关于这些数据中心,已经出现了大量的恐惧、不确定性和怀疑,弗莱堡(Freiburg)也围绕着这些话题。
And there's been a lot of FUD, fear, uncertainty, and doubt, Freiburg around these data centers.
人们在四处传播很多说法。
People are throwing around a lot of talking points.
我认为你和我之前私下讨论过关于水资源使用的误解,实际上这些数据中心的用水大部分是循环利用的。
I think you and I discussed offline the the misperceptions about water usage and that the water usage is largely recycled in these data centers.
如果你了解这一点,能否向观众说明这个数据?
If you know about that, would you would you inform the audience about that piece of data?
我们有大量的水。
Well, we got a lot of water.
水只是循环流动,所以我认为这并不是一个问题。
It just goes around in a circle, so I don't think that's an issue.
但清洁用水对当地居民而言成本上升,这才是问题所在,也是误解所在。
But clean water and the cost of clean water increasing for a local population is the is the issue, the misperception there.
这些数据中心的现代冷却系统会使水循环流动,将热量从数据中心带走。
The modern cooling systems in these data centers, the water recirculates and transports the heat out of the data center.
所以水并不是被消耗掉了。
So it's not like the water is used up.
我想有一种独立的蒸发冷却方式确实会消耗一些水,但现代数据中心并不使用这种方式。
I guess there's a separate type of evaporative cooling that does use up some water, but modern data centers don't use that.
所以水资源问题其实是个彻头彻尾的骗局,它只是更大 affordability 问题的一个次级骗局。
So the water issue is really a total hoax and it's really kind of a sub hoax of this larger affordability issue.
我不是说 affordability 不是问题,但它是由拜登时期的9%通胀造成的,现在民主党却想把它变成一个问题。
I'm not saying that affordability isn't an issue, but it was caused by Biden's 9% inflation, and now Democrats are trying to make it an issue.
谈到数据中心的电力问题,归根结底还是因为监管使得新建电力产能变得过于困难。
When it comes to the power for data centers, again, this all comes back to the fact that the regulations make it too hard to generate net new power.
所以,单靠需求增长本身并不是问题,只要你同时增加电力供应。
So again, scaling demand on its own, not a problem if you also scale supply of electricity.
事实上,规模化还能降低每个人的电价,因为规模效应能带来成本下降。
In fact, it brings down prices for everyone because scale creates economies of scale.
是的。
Yeah.
而且90%的水都被循环利用了,还有封闭式水循环系统,下面是我的建议。
And 90% of that water is reused, and there's closed water loop systems and Here's my pitch.
我认为总统应该设立一个3.04万亿美元、5000亿美元的税收权益基金,帮助消除五千万到一亿美国家庭的电费负担。
I think the president should try to create a $3.04, $500,000,000,000 tax equity fund and help eliminate the electricity costs of 50 to a 100,000,000 American households.
太棒了。
Amazing.
好吧,让我来给你算一笔账。
Well, here's the let me let me give you the math.
我们这个国家每年消耗大约4万亿千瓦时的电力。
So we consume in this country about 4,000,000,000,000 kilowatt hours of electricity.
平均每千瓦时的价格是18美分。
Average price is 18¢ a kilowatt hour.
所以每年在电力上的支出大约是7500亿美元。
So it's about, call it, $750,000,000,000 of spend on electricity every year.
其中三分之一,即2500亿美元,是居民用电。
One third of that, 250,000,000,000, is residential consumption.
另外三分之二,即5000亿美元,是工业和商业用电。
Two thirds of that, 500,000,000,000, is industrial and commercial consumption.
理论上,你可以将工业和商业用电的价格提高约50%,从而使美国所有居民用电免费。
Theoretically, you could increase the price on industrial and commercial consumption by, call it, 50% and make all residential electricity in The United States free.
如果你是居民用户,每个月都能获得一定额度的免费用电。
If you're a residential user, you get a cap of free electricity every month.
如果你的用电量超过了这个额度,就会被收费。
And if you use more than that cap, you get charged.
但在额度以内,你的用电是免费的,具体依据可能是你房屋的面积之类的,我不太清楚。
But below that cap, you're free based on whatever, square footage of your house, I don't know, whatever.
而在商业和工业方面,你之所以有动力建设私人电力系统,是因为这样可以降低你的成本。
And then on the commercial and industrial side, the reason you would then have an incentive to build private power systems would be that you can bring your cost down.
与其由电力公司集中供电,这种方式反而能推动商业和工业用户自行建设电力系统,从而增加美国整体的电力供应。
And instead of centralizing all of this with the utilities, what it can do is it can force a market demand for industrial and commercial users to build their own power systems, which would increase overall electricity supply in The United States.
数据中心只是冰山一角,但如果你把这个问题变成一个全工业领域的挑战,那么所有工业企业都不得不走这条路。
The data centers are the tip of the iceberg, but if you make this a pan industrial problem, then all of the industrial companies would have to take this path.
问题是,这并没有改变总的用电消耗模式。
The problem is it doesn't change the net consumption model.
如果你真的为每1500万户家庭安装太阳能和储能系统,就能从电网中减少一太瓦时的用电需求。
If you actually go to solar and storage for every 15,000,000 homes, you take a terawatt hour of demand off the grid.
这相当于你不需要再额外建设一太瓦时的电力,但你无法快速建成这些设施。
That's an extra terawatt hour that you don't need to build, but you can't build that quickly.
所以我喜欢太阳能和储能,因为它让这些人变得高度自给自足。
So the reason why I like solar and storage is you make these folks so self reliant.
现在,我们实际上比以往更快地赶上了中国。
Now all of a sudden, we're actually catching up to China faster than we would have otherwise.
你是在说居民用电吗?
You're talking about residentials?
是的。
Yeah.
你的想法很好,但问题是他们仍然在使用电网服务。
Your idea, which is a good one, the problem is they're still using grid services.
对。
Right.
或者他们其实不必如此。
Or they don't have to.
这正是重点。
That's the point.
比如,如果他们最终成为业主。
Like, if they end up Homeowners.
工业用户就会投资太阳能系统,你
Industrial users will then invest in solar systems You
你不能确定这一点。
don't know that for sure.
我的观点是,如今业主们仍在使用。
My point is today, the homeowners are using.
没有不使用电网的解决方案。
There is no solution to not using.
是的。
Yeah.
嗯,这里
Well, here's
如果工业电价上涨50%,你就创造了一种市场动力,推动他们进行投资。
If the industrial price goes up by 50%, you've now created a market force to drive them to make the investment.
我明白。
I understand.
特别是如果你已经,如果你已经
Particularly if you've if you've
我,我算过这笔账。
I I the math.
但我的观点是
But my point
首先是第一年的资本支出折旧,所以他们实际上能获得好处。
is this first you year CapEx depreciation, so they actually get a benefit.
而不是把所有的
And instead of putting all of the
你们这些搞建设的,根本就是在各说各话。
building Guys, you're talking through each other.
查马特的观点是,你仍然在对电网征税。
Chamat's point is that you're still taxing the grid.
他的提议为你的说法增加了一层含义。
His proposal adds another layer to what you're saying.
所以他同意你的观点,弗里德伯格。
So he's in agreement with you, Friedberg.
嘿。
Hey.
是的。
Yeah.
让企业多支付一点费用,而不是……并且让他们也接入电网。
Let's have the businesses pay a little extra and and not or, and let's have them also grid.
把它们从电网中移除以减少负担。
Take them off the grid to reduce it.
电网。
The grid.
美国有八千万栋独立住宅,每户安装电池组的成本大约是1.5万美元,就像基础电力公司正在做的那样。
Well, there's 80,000,000 freestanding homes in The United States, and it's about 15 k to put these battery packs in, like base power is doing.
你可能能把成本降到1万美元。
You can probably get it down to 10.
如果你简单算一笔账,这将涉及一万亿美元。
And if you just do back back of the envelope math, you're talking about a trillion dollars.
所以,大约花一千亿美元,你就能覆盖全国10%的地区。
So, basically, for a 100,000,000,000, you could do 10% of the country.
如果你在一段时间内逐步实施,我们就会不再担心电网问题,我认为这就是查马特的观点。
If you were to do that over some time period, we would have we we would stop worrying about the grid, I think, is Chamath's point.
你可以用电池来实现这一点。
And you could do it with battery.
你也可以用太阳能来实现。
You could do it solar.
不会完全不再担心电网,但杰森,为了更精确地表达你的意思,因为你整体方向非常正确,消费者会感受到这些问题的减轻。
Would not stop worrying about the grid, but, Jason, just to refine what you're saying because you're directionally very right, the consumers would feel less of these issues.
我们不必再担心如何为跟上中国而为太瓦时的电力提供担保,而是实际上获得了双重收益。
And instead of all of us worrying how to underwrite terawatt hours to catch up to China, we actually get a two for one.
消费者家庭不再有这种焦虑了。
The consumer homes don't have that anxiety anymore.
他们不再有电费账单。
They don't have the bill.
由于他们自己发电,已经脱离了电网。
And because they're generating their own power, they're off the grid.
这意味着,多余的太瓦时电力可以真正用于商业和工业应用,包括这些数据中心。
And now what that means is that extra terawatt hour can actually go to the commercial and industrial applications, including these data centers.
你说得对,弗里德伯格。
And you're right, Friedberg.
我们应该提高他们的电价。
We should raise their tariffs.
我只是觉得,接受每个人的情况都这么复杂,要复杂得多,也昂贵得多。
I just think it's a lot it's a lot more complicated and a lot more expensive to accept that everyone's complicated.
不。
No.
听好了。
Listen.
这些都不是免费的。
None of this is free.
这些都不是免费的。
None of it's free.
然而,我们拥有如此绝佳的AI机遇,值得这么做。
However, we have such an amazing opportunity with AI that it makes sense to do this.
我认为,这就是大局。
That, I think, is the big picture.
AI是一个巨大的机遇。
AI is such a huge opportunity.
有如此多的投资。
There's so much investment.
你为什么不这么做呢?
Why wouldn't you do this?
这其实是个问题。
It's a question.
如果我们想生活在一个富足的时代,想提升国家下半部分人群的生活水平,追求可负担性,那么人们的钱都花在哪里了?
And if we wanna live in the age of abundance and we wanna bring the bottom half of the country up and we want affordability, where do people spend their money?
食物、杂货、房租,还有电费和公用事业费用。
Food, groceries, their rent, and their electricity and the utilities.
所以,如果我们想找到一种直接的方式来实现这一点,而且对于那些关心环境和清洁能源的环保人士来说,这同样是一个双赢的局面。
So we if we wanna figure out a direct way to do this, and for all the hippie dippies who care about the environment and clean energy, this is a win there as well.
而且这不会从美国人的口袋或税收中掏钱。
And it doesn't come out of Americans' pockets and their taxes.
钱来自那些赚得盆满钵满的公司。
It comes out of corporations which are printing money.
如果你真想谈论财富再分配,这就是美国七大巨头企业回馈美国民众的一种方式。
If you wanna talk about redistribution of wealth, this is a way for the great American max seven corporations to give something back to Americans.
你之前提到过这个,对吧,特拉马斯?大概三四周前,你说过。
And you talked about this, right, Tramath, maybe three or four weeks ago that, hey.
也许这些大公司可以为美国人做些了不起的事情。
Maybe there would be some way for great corporations to do great things for Americans.
美国人不太在意水费,这其实是一件善事。
The fact that Americans don't think about their water bill that much is a is a mitzvah.
这是件好事。
It's a great thing.
如果他们不必操心电费呢?
Now if they didn't have to think about electricity?
哇。
Wow.
太棒了。
Amazing.
将来我们回望时,会希望看到这些利润惊人的大公司为美国房主挺身而出。
We will look back, and I think that we will want to have seen these big companies who are unbelievably profitable step up on behalf of American homeowners
是的
Yeah.
更多。
More.
有些人可能会说,
Some might say,
利润异常丰厚。
absurdly profitable.
我只是觉得,把‘如果我们能让全美所有家庭用电免费’这个想法,当作一次‘登月计划’式的使命,非常棒。
I just think I just think it's a it's a great mission to the moon style framing to say, what if we could make all residential electricity free in The United States?
如果在未来十年内我们能做到这一点,不仅能帮助美国人减轻经济负担,还能推动美国能源生产的分布式投资,并迫使企业承担起责任,而不是让资源集中化。
And over the next decade, if we can do that, not only do we help Americans with their wallet, but we actually can enable a distributed investment scheme in American energy production, and we force the corporations to step up and do their part rather than centralize it.
所以我特别喜欢这种定位:将美国居民用电免费作为一项核心福利。
So I I just like the framing of making this whole thing free, making residential electricity free in The US as a core benefit.
另一点是我们已经讨论过这个了。
The other thing is we've talked about this.
我之前已经提过几次了。
I've mentioned this a couple times before.
我认为,最显著的美元损失——虽然还不清楚具体何时发生——将来自这些公用事业公司。
I think the single biggest dollar short, it's not clear when, that one will be able to make will be on these utilities.
因为如果我们刚才讨论的任何一种情况成为现实,突然间私人房主成了自己的公用事业公司,而Freiburg C和I也成了自己的电力供应商,那公用事业公司该怎么办?
Because if any version of what we just talked about happens and all of a sudden you have private homeowners that are their own utility and then Freiburg C and I being their own power utility, what do the utilities do?
这些资本支出将何去何从?
What does all this CapEx go to?
他们如何偿还债券?
How do they pay back their bonds?
他们的费率基础会发生什么变化?
What happens to their rate base?
这是一个巨大的经济问题,我认为,只要我们刚才讨论的内容有哪怕一小部分成为现实,这个问题就会浮现。
This is a huge economic question that I think will come up if even a small modicum of what we just talked about materializes.
是的。
Yeah.
而且,你知道,人们每年享有一定数量的免费千瓦时,显然不可能无限免费,但这对美国来说将是非常具有变革性的。
And, you know, people having their first x number of kilowatt hours a year free, you know, obviously, you're not gonna have unlimited free, you know, that that's gonna be pretty transformative for America.
这很富有理想色彩。
It's aspirational.
我们都喜欢这个想法。
We all like the idea.
我喜欢这个想法。
I like it.
好的。
Okay.
OpenAI 达成了另一项计算资源交易。
OpenAI has struck another compute deal.
这笔交易价值超过100亿美元。
This one's worth over 10,000,000,000.
OpenAI 正从 Cerebras 购买计算能力。
OpenAI is buying compute capacity from Cerebras.
那是 C e r e b r a s。
That's c e r e b r a s.
他们承诺在未来三年内购买高达750兆瓦的算力。
They committed to purchase up to 750 megawatts over three years.
Cerebras 和 Rock 一样,生产用于AI推理的专用芯片。
Cerebras, like Rock, makes specialized chips for AI inference.
据报道称,Cerebras 正在洽谈以220亿美元的估值融资10亿美元,并预计今年内上市,可能在接下来的几个月内。
Cerebras is in talks to raise 1,000,000,000 at a $22,000,000,000 valuation according to reports, and they're expected to IPO this year, potentially in the next couple of months.
萨姆·沃尔顿是这家公司的投资者,所以他非常了解这家公司。
Sam Walton's an investor in the company, so he knows it well.
而且还有
And there
真的吗?
Is he really?
别说了。
Stop.
我我
I I
我的意思是,笔记里有写。
mean, it's in the notes.
笔记里有写。
It's in the notes.
我你
I You
如果你不确定真假,就不能说这些话。
can't say this stuff if you don't know if it's true.
笔记里有写。
It's in the notes.
笔记里有写。
It's in the notes.
拿去
Take it
发出去并张贴。
out and post it.
如果不是的话,
If it's not,
我被错误信息举报了。
I reported by the misinformation.
我不知道。
I don't know.
这可能是信息。
It could be information.
这可能是错误信息。
It could be misinformation.
特别提及。
Shout out.
好的。
Okay.
致信息领域的朋友们。
To our friends at the information.
这些是你们在摇滚领域的竞争对手。
These were your competitors at rock.
是吗?
Yeah?
查马克?
Chamac?
他们确实是。
They were.
同时代的人。
Contemporaries.
对。
Yeah.
他们非常出色。
They're fantastic.
我们俩是同时开始的。
We both started at the same time.
我们采取了略有不同的技术路线。
We took slightly different technical approaches.
Cerebras从一开始就提出的重大区别,这要归功于我的朋友安德鲁·费尔德曼,我要向他致意。
The big difference that what Cerebras said initially from the start, and this is my friend Andrew Feldman, I'll give him a shout out.
他是个非常聪明的人。
Very smart guy.
如果你看到一块芯片,实际上你看到的是晶圆。
If you'd see a chip, what you actually see is a wafer.
而一个晶圆上布满了无数小芯片。
And a wafer is full of little chips.
对吧?
Right?
然后你真的会把它们一个个撕下来。
And you you literally tear them off.
这就是为什么它们被称为芯片。
That's why they're called chips.
安德鲁说,不。
Andrew was like, no.
我就要做一个和晶圆一样大的超级大芯片。
I'm just gonna make one ginormous chip the size of a wafer.
所以如果你仔细看,尼克,也许你能找到一张它的图片。
And so if you look at it, Nick, maybe you can find a picture of it.
这些东西非常大。
These things are huge.
当时,人们并不真正理解Cerebras和安德鲁所构建的东西的强大之处。
And at the time, people were like, I don't think they really understood what the power of what Cerebras was building and what Andrew was building.
然后第一批真正加入的是阿联酋人,也就是MGX和G42。
And then the first folks that really got on board were the Emiratis, so MGX and G42.
当你开始运行这些模型时,你开始发现,天啊,它们的推理速度简直快得惊人。
And you started to run these models, and what you started to see was, man, their inference is blazing fast.
再回到我们上周讨论的内容,因为当你把计算和内存放在同一个地方时,物理距离带来的复杂性就被最小化了,因此你能获得惊人的速度。
Again, back to what we talked about last week, because when you have the compute and the memory in the same place, physical distances are now complexity is minimized, so you just have incredible speed.
我可以告诉你,OpenAI 正在积极寻求多元化,以便拥有多种推理路径。
What I can tell you is that OpenAI is aggressively trying to diversify so that they have multiple paths of inference available.
他们与 AMD 达成了巨额合作。
They have a huge deal with AMD.
他们与 NVIDIA 也达成了巨额合作。
Have a huge deal with NVIDIA.
他们现在与 Cerebras 也达成了巨额合作。
They now have a huge deal with Cerebras.
如果你仔细追踪这些线索,我相信,硅芯片领域将迎来一场复兴。
If you look at the Trail of Breadcrumbs, my belief, there's gonna be a renaissance in silicon.
年轻的小团队如果致力于设计专用芯片,未来十年到二十年内有望赚得盆满钵满。
Young, small teams building decode silicon can make a fortune over the next ten to twenty years.
这是一个巨大的机遇。
It's a huge opportunity.
这将会像当年的PC大战,戴尔对阵康柏,还有其他所有公司。
It's gonna be like the PC wars, Dell versus Compaq versus all of these companies.
这太令人兴奋了。
It's super exciting.
再次祝贺Cerebras。
Again, congrats to Cerebras.
他们当之无愧。
They deserve it.
有没有人认为计算需求会在某种程度上趋于平稳?
Is there any argument that compute needs will level off in some way?
我们会建造出如此多的算力,而软件也会变得更好。
We will have built so much capacity and the software will get better.
有人提到Anthropic作为OpenAI的竞争对手,在资源上受到限制,但我认为,顶尖AI用户普遍认为,如今的Claude比OpenAI的产品好得多。
There's been some talk about Anthropic being resource constrained as the contemporary to OpenAI, and I think there's pretty much uniformity amongst elite AI users that Claude is a much better product now than OpenAI.
而且模型也更优秀。
And the models are better.
应用程序更好了,但它们使用的资源更少了。
The applications are better, but they're doing it with less.
所以建设速度会不会放缓?
So could the build out be could it slow down?
这种可能性存在吗?还是在未来五到十年里,需求都会持续增长?
Is that a scenario that's out there, or is this always gonna be up until the right for the next five, ten years?
你的水晶球怎么说?
What's your crystal ball saying?
萨克斯,你还在吗?
Sax, are you still there?
我在这儿。
I'm here.
哦,好的。
Oh, okay.
为什么他的视频是关着的?
Why is he on why is his video off?
打开它。
Turn it on.
我的意思是,你可以重新打开摄像头,然后你说话的时候,我们就来回交替吧。
I mean, you can turn it back on and then when you talk, we'll just I guess, go back and forth.
我得说,Sax 还有很长的路要走。
Sax is still has a ways to go, I have to say.
好的。
Alright.
好了。
There you go.
好的。
Alright.
所以,不管怎样,Abbott
So, anyway, Abbott
这就是你最好的网络了吗?
This is your best Internet?
这个德克萨斯的石油结构,天哪。
This Texas oil structure is Oh my god.
萨克斯将会实现德克萨斯的反弹。
Saks is gonna do the Texas bounce back.
艾博特会派人去。
Abbott Abbott will send someone
立即过去。
over immediately there.
德克萨斯那边的响应也很迅速。
They're pretty responsive in Texas too.
我预测今年年底会出现一个大火的梗,叫‘德克萨斯反弹’,主角是一群亿万富翁。
My prediction is there'll be a big meme by the end of this year called the Texas bounce back, and it's a bunch of billionaires.
他们跳着小舞步,从德克萨斯跳回加利福尼亚。
They do a little jiggy as they dance back from Texas back to California.
不。
No.
不。
No.
这不会发生。
It ain't happening.
你会长期待在那里,
You're there for good,
好吧,事情是这样的。
Well, here's the thing.
嗯,好吧。
So Okay.
那我们不如直接谈谈BTA吧,因为事情正朝着这个方向发展。
Well, let's maybe we should just talk about BTA because this is where this is going.
我的意思是,听我说。
Well, mean, listen.
你搬家吗?
You move houses?
假设你搬家了,可能会遇到一点网络问题。
Say you move houses, could have a little Internet issue.
没关系。
It's okay.
我的意思是,我宁愿遇到网络问题,也不愿失去我全部的钱。
Well, I mean, I'd rather have an Internet issue and keep a 100% of my money than
损失5%。
Lose 5%.
损失5%再加上每年13.3%,而且这不是一次性税收。
Lose 5% plus 13.3 per year, and it's not gonna be a one time tax.
这是最大的谎言。
That's the biggest lie.
现在是5%,以后是5%,再之后就是10%。
It's 5% now, 5% later, 10% after that.
是的。
Yeah.
但你开启了退出税。
You But you open exit tax.
他们针对的是所有
They're coming for all
这些资产。
of it.
是的。
Yeah.
所以网络问题可以解决。
So the Internet can get fixed.
我们这么说吧,网络问题。
The Internet let's put it this way.
我的网络问题比加利福尼亚州的问题更容易解决。
My Internet can get fixed a lot more easily than California can.
哪十个州在宪法上禁止征收资产税?
What are the 10 states that constitutionally ban asset taxes?
是的。
Yeah.
因此,在这些州的宪法中,这是直接或隐含规定的,还是它们有修正案明确或隐含禁止征收财富税或资产税?到底是哪种情况?
So it's direct and implicit in those states' constitutions or they have an amendment to the constitution that makes it direct or implicit that you can't do a wealth tax or an asset cation Which are they?
阿拉斯加、佛罗里达、内华达、新罕布什尔、南达科他、田纳西、德克萨斯。
Alaska, Florida, Nevada, New Hampshire, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas.
根据Grok的说法,只有德克萨斯州明确禁止财富税。
According to Grok, only Texas explicitly bans wealth taxes.
对。
Yes.
没错。
That is correct.
但由于其他一些州的宪法规定,这种禁止是隐含的。
But because of some of the other state constitutions, it's implicit.
因此,德克萨斯州的宪法中明确禁止对财富或净资产征税。
So Texas has in their constitution a prohibition on quote tax on wealth or net worth.
华盛顿州有一个统一性条款,将收入视为财产,从而禁止不一致的税率。
Washington has a uniformity clause which treats income as property which bans nonuniform rates.
佛罗里达州宪法禁止任何形式的个人税。
Florida's constitution bans any sort of personal tax.
宾夕法尼亚州有严格的统一性条款,使得实行累进税率或在不同群体间区分税率成为不可能。
Pennsylvania has a strict uniformity clause which would make it impossible to have graduated tax rates or distinguish tax rates amongst populations.
伊利诺伊州宪法明确规定必须采用统一的非累进税率,因此无法进行差异化征税。
Illinois has a strict constitutional mandate for a flat non grad graduated tax rate, so you cannot do a separation.
而资产扣押被称为民事资产没收,这是一个独立的法律问题,但在新墨西哥州、内布拉斯加州和北卡罗来纳州等州,这意味着州政府实际上不能没收你的资产。
And then asset seizure is referred to as a civil asset forfeiture, which is a separate legal issue but implies in states like New Mexico, Nebraska, and North Carolina, you cannot actually have an asset taken from you by the state.
因此,有许多州在宪法层面对此类征税行为提供了保护。
So there there's a bunch of states that this would be constitutionally protected against.
弗里德伯格,你上周以来对这件事能否进入选票的看法有改变吗?
Friedberg, has your mind changed since last week about whether this is gonna make the ballot?
我不认为它能进入选票。
I I don't think it's gonna make the ballot.
我的意思是,你看。
I mean, look.
我觉得这并不是百分之百确定。
I I think it's not I'm not saying a 100%.
我的意思是,可能性略微偏向于它不会通过。
I'm saying slight overweight that it's not gonna get there.
所以你的观点没有任何变化吗?
So nothing has changed in your perspective?
我认为我们现在正经历一个逐步觉醒的过程,人们正在意识到资产没收税是对私有财产权的剥夺。
I think we're going through the rolling wake up process right now, which is people are waking up to the fact that the asset seizure tax is an elimination of private property rights.
这从根本上说就是你的观点,我在推文中也写过:一旦你通过立法投票赋予政府征收你税后资产的权利,你就等于在说你不再拥有私有财产,因为未来任何时候,政府都可以投票决定:我要拿走你的私有财产。这和所得税不同,所得税是你获得原本没有的收入时,政府从中抽取一定比例。
That fundamentally what you're saying, and I wrote this in my tweet, that private property now becomes public property because as soon as you give the government the right to collect your post tax assets through a legislative vote, you are basically saying that you no longer have private property because at any point in the future, the government can vote to say, I'm gonna take your private property, which is different than an income tax, which is when you earn something that you didn't have before and they take a percentage of your earnings of your income.
现在的说法是,在你赚到收入之后,这笔钱就成为你的私有财产,而政府却可以来拿走它。
The statement now is after you've made your income, it's now your private property, they can come and take it.
因此,这种区别在美国历史上从未存在过,我现在就要回应一下关于财产税的说法,因为人们总是问我:那财产税呢?
And so that is a distinction that has never existed in The United States and I will make the a retort right now to property tax because people always say to me, what about property tax?
房产税是对特定资产收取的服务费。
A property tax is a service fee on a particular specific asset.
所收取的税款用于为该资产提供服务,以提升其价值。
The money that is collected provides services for that asset to make it more valuable.
因此,你得到的道路、基础设施、治安、学校护理、学校等所有与房产税相关的服务,都会使该资产更有价值。
So you get roads, infrastructure, policing, school care, schools, all the stuff that comes with property tax makes that asset more.
你可以随时选择出售该房产,从而停止缴纳房产税。
And you have the option at any point you want to sell that property and stop paying that property tax.
你也可以随时选择降级房产,购买更便宜的房产,从而缴纳更低的税。
You have the option at any point to downgrade your property and get a cheaper property and pay it lower.
关于房产税,还有一个重要的点,那就是它的统一性。
And here's the other important point about property tax, it's uniform.
统一意味着在一个县内,每个人都缴纳相同比例的房产税率。
Uniform means that everyone pays the same percentage, the same property tax rate in a county.
而正在提议的这种资产征收税是一种人口税,意味着州或立法机构会定义特定的人群。
This asset seizure tax that's being proposed is a demographic tax, meaning that the state or the legislature defines a specific group of individuals.
在这种情况下,他们说的是任何净资产超过10亿美元的人,然后他们只能从这个特定群体中没收资产。
In this case, they're saying anyone with a net worth over $1,000,000,000, and then they can go and take assets from only that group.
这是一种非均匀征税。
That is non uniform taxation.
这意味着,我们首次根据个人的人口特征——无论你用什么标准来定义这个人,在这种情况下是他们的财富——来区别对待他们,而这不同于所得税,因为你要记住,当实行累进所得税率并说高收入者多缴税时,你征的是收入,而不是个人本身。
It means that for the first time, we're saying based on the demographics of a person, meaning whatever you wanna use to define that person, in this case, their wealth, you are going to be treated differently and that is different than an income tax because remember, when you have graduated income tax rates and you say high earners get taxed more, what you're taxing is the earnings, not the individual.
你并没有深入考察个人是否富有。
You're not looking through to the individual to determine whether or not they're wealthy.
你只是查看进来的是多少独立收入。
All you're doing is looking at the independent earnings amount that's coming in.
因此,统一性条款本应保护人们免受基于人口特征的歧视。
And so a uniformity clause is supposed to protect people from being demographically discriminated against.
你可能会不以为然,心想:‘谁在乎什么亿万富翁、劫富济贫呢?’
And you may roll your hand and be like, oh, who cares about the billionaires eat the rich?
这很好。
That's great.
但从根本上说,你是在赋予政府和立法机构一种能力,即在未来可以采用任何他们想要的人口统计定义,并从你税后财产中拿走任何他们想要的比例。
But fundamentally, you're giving the government, the legislature, the ability to, in the future, take any demographic definition they want and go in and take any percentage they want of after tax property from you.
这就是为什么这个问题如此令人担忧。
That is why this is so troubling.
我们可以整天谈论‘劫富济贫’,显然这个群体是有偏见的,但普通民众应该清楚,一旦你赋予立法机构歧视某个群体并随意拿走他们想要的任何人的财产的能力,
And we can harp all day long about eat the rich, and, obviously, this group is is biased, but the general population should be very much aware of the fact that as soon as you give a legislature the ability to discriminate a group and take whatever person that they want
先例就建立了。
precedent.
是的。
Yeah.
一旦设定,就无法回头了。
You've set and and it's over.
你现在已经把所有私有财产变成了公共财产,因为政府每年只是在许可你保留你的财产。
You've you're now now what you've done is you've made all private property public property because the government is simply giving you permission every year to keep your stuff.
政府甚至都不应该知道。
And the government shouldn't even know.
这就像他们闯进你的牧场,计算你有多少台拖拉机,你有一辆老款科尔维特,值多少钱,你的老款Roadster值多少,孙子们呢?
It's like they're they're coming on to your ranch and calculating how many tractors you got, how you got an old Corvette, how much is that worth, what's what's your old Roadster worth, grandkids?
珠宝的价值。
Jewelry worth.
麋鹿值多少钱?
How much moose is moose?
麋鹿嘛,是的。
Moose is yeah.
他们会拿走5%的麋鹿。
They're gonna take 5% of moose.
那是一匹非常值钱的纯种马。
Very valuable thoroughbred there.
绝对如此。
Absolutely.
没错。
He is.
会出现一个新的职业类别:税务评估员。
There'll be a new job category, tax appraiser.
税务评估员。
Tax appraisers.
然后你就搞不清楚敲门的是不是
And then you don't know whether the Knocking on
来你家敲门。
your door.
我来逛逛你的牧场,把所有东西都算一遍。
I'm here to walk around your ranch and calculate everything.
嗯哼。
Mhmm.
这并不能解决几何级债务问题。
And it doesn't solve the geometric debt problem.
对吧?
Right?
我们面临一个问题:如果加州继续以赤字方式资助各项开支,每年的赤字将达到300亿美元。
We have a problem where every year if we keep funding things with a deficit in California, we're looking at a 30,000,000,000 a year deficit.
我们有5万亿美元的债务,还有近10万亿美元的养老金义务尚未拨款。
We've got 500,000,000,000 of debt, and we have a nearly $1,000,000,000,000 pension obligation that is not funded.
是的。
Yes.
这笔钱必须从某个地方筹措,否则就无法支付。
That money is going to come from somewhere or it is not gonna get paid.
他们更有可能尽一切努力从某个地方筹措这笔钱,而不是不支付。
It is more likely that they're gonna do everything they possibly can to get that money from somewhere rather than not pay it.
某个地方。
Somewhere.
全国范围内的所有养老金义务也都面临同样的情况。
And the same is and the same is true for all pension obligations across the country.
伊利诺伊州也存在类似的大问题。
Illinois has a big problem like this as well.
那么,我可以接下你刚才提到的关于它不会进入投票的赌注吗?
Well, can I can I take the other side of that bet that bet you mentioned about it not getting on the ballot?
请说。
Please.
好的。
Yeah.
尽管说吧。
Go for it.
我始终不明白为什么它不会进入投票,也不明白为什么一旦进入投票它不会通过,这就是我离开的原因。
Well, I I've never understood why this wouldn't get on the ballot and I've never understood why once it's on the ballot it wouldn't pass which is why I left.
我们先来看第一个问题,关于它如何进入投票。
So let's take the first one of these in terms of it getting on the ballot.
你只需要大约800万美元来收集签名,85万个签名。
You only need about $8,000,000 to collect the signatures, 850,000 signatures.
在加利福尼亚州,这并不算多。
It's not that many in California.
加利福尼亚州绝对有数百万民众愿意狠狠打击亿万富翁。
There's definitely millions of people in California who would love to stick it to billionaires.
所以他们会去收集签名。
So they're gonna gather the signatures.
服务业国际工会有这笔钱。
The SEIU has the money.
因此,它唯一无法进入选票的方式,就是加文·纽森和政治机器用足够的政治利益收买服务业国际工会,让他们撤回提案。
The only way that it wouldn't therefore make the ballot is if Gavin Newsom Newsom and the political machine bribe the SEIU with enough political benefits that they'll withdraw it.
但服务业国际工会所要求的,不管是什么,都是300亿美元,我不确定加文·纽森是否随身带着这么多钱可以直接给他们。
But what the SEIU is asking for is whatever it is, the $30,000,000,000, and I don't know if Gavin Newsom has that much money laying around somewhere that he can just give them.
此外,如果你是服务业国际工会的负责人,我知道他叫戴夫·雷根。
Furthermore, if you're the guy running the SEIU, I understand his name is Dave Regan.
雷根。
Regan.
戴夫·雷根。
Dave Regan.
你得看看现在X平台上发生的事,你肯定会很高兴。
You gotta be looking at what's happening on x right now and you gotta be gleeful.
你看到这些亿万富翁一整天都在恐慌地发帖。
You got all these billionaires are panic tweeting all day long.
并不是一整天都这样。
It's not all day long.
我早上在浴室里发帖。
I tweet in the morning from the bathroom.
嗯,我们都在做。
Well, we're all doing
发帖。
it.
晨间散步。
Morning constitutional.
今天早上我发了一通基础推文。
I went on a base tweeting spree this morning.
所以如果你是这个叫雷根的人,你会想,天哪。
So if you're if you're this guy Regan, you're like, oh my god.
看看我有多大的筹码。
Look how much leverage I've got.
你知道的。
You know?
拧一下猪耳朵。
Twist a pig's ear.
看他尖叫。
Watch him squeal.
他拧了这些亿万富翁的耳朵,他们都尖叫起来了。
He's twisted these billionaire's ears, and they're all squealing.
那为什么你不通过花掉八百万美元,把它放到投票 ballot 上,然后与对方谈判来增加你的筹码呢?
So why wouldn't you increase your leverage by spending the $8,000,000, put it on the ballot, and then negotiate with
等等,那是个救赎的典故吗?
the Was that a was that a deliverance reference?
希望不是。
I hope not.
不是。
No.
这只是一个说法。
It's just an expression.
好的。
Okay.
无论如何,
In any event,
我不明白你为什么想到救赎。
I don't know why your mind's going to deliverance.
我知道你
I know you
请尖叫,尖叫,爬梯子。
squeal squeal a ladder, please.
也许你脑子里一直想着救赎。
Maybe you got deliverance on the brain.
是的。
Yeah.
也许吧。
Maybe I do.
萨克斯,我来告诉你为什么。
Sax, I'll tell you why.
我显然一直是个信徒。
So I've obviously been a believer.
我一直相信长期周期,这一点我已经说了很久了。
I've been a believer in the long cycle, and I've said this for a long time.
我们最终要么走向社会主义,要么走向某种法西斯主义。
We are gonna end up in either a socialist or some sort of fascist.
无论如何,这都是一个极权体制,目的是让我们摆脱已经持续一段时间的死亡螺旋。
Either way, it's a tyrannical system to get us out of the death spiral that we've been in for some time.
所以这是真的。
So that is true.
但我仍然希望保留我的个人能动性。
But I still wanna retain my sense of individual agency.
而且我认为,那些生活在加利福尼亚并真正关心此事的人,应该保持某种能动性,而不是放弃我们对这里结果产生影响的能力。
And I do think that those of us who are in California who actually care should retain some sense of agency rather than suspend our our ability to have an influence in the outcome here.
我认为我们需要坦率而诚实地讨论这将导致什么。
I think we need to speak openly and honestly about where this leads to.
让人们听到这些。
Let people hear it.
让加利福尼亚的人们自己做决定。
Let the people in California decide.
坦白说,如果我们已经尽到了责任——我们大声疾呼、清晰表达,向人们揭示了私有财产征税对全国每个人意味着什么,以及私有财产权在这个国家被剥夺的后果——而他们仍然支持它,那我就退出了。
And, frankly, if we've done our job, we've spoken loudly, we've spoken clearly, we've revealed to people where a private property seizure tax leads to for everyone in this country and the deletion of private property rights in this country Well and they still sign up to it, then I'm out.
好的。
Okay.
我明白。
I get it.
而且而且
And and
如果它是
I If it was
如果是百万富翁税,你早就退出了。
a cent of millionaire tax, you would have been out.
我同意我们应该反对它。
I agree that we should fight it.
我并不是宿命论者。
I'm not being fatalistic.
我不认为结果是注定的,但我不明白为什么它不会出现在选票上,因为这与你和BTA反对者的说服力毫无关系。
I don't think the outcome is predetermined, but I don't understand why it wouldn't get on the ballot because that that has nothing to do with how persuasive you and the opponents of BTA are.
这仅仅取决于SEIU、UHW是否会投入必要的资金,800万、1000万、1200万,不管多少,来收集签名。
It's just about whether SEIU, UHW will spend the requisite amount of money, 8,000,000, 10,000,000, 12,000,000, whatever, to gather the signatures.
而且,我的意思是,我们听说他们有钱。
And, I mean, we've heard they have the money.
对吧?
Right?
那他们为什么不呢?
So why wouldn't they?
这只会增强他们要求更多让步的筹码。
It only increases their leverage to demand more concessions.
他们有1400万美元用于收集签名,而估计他们需要500万到1500万美元之间。
They have $14,000,000 to gather the signatures, which the estimate was they'll need somewhere between 5 and 15.
所以他们有足够的资金来收集签名。
So they have the cash they need to gather the signatures.
这是一项
It's a
稳操胜券的赌注。
good bet.
他们大约有1000万美元用于广告宣传,而他们的估算显示,开展广告活动需要5000万到1亿美元。
And they have roughly $10,000,000 to run an ad campaign and their estimate is they need between 50 and $100,000,000 to run an ad campaign.
听起来是个不错的投资。
Sounds like a good investment.
下一步将是他们试图让这件事获得签署。
The next step will be that they'll try and get this thing signed up.
现在,民调数据显示,还有很大的影响空间。
Now the polling data, it shows that there's room for influence sacks.
所以我认为,如果人们能明白这件事的发展方向,并且看看的话。
So I do think that if people can understand where this is headed and look.
如果美国真的想加入这件事,那就祝你好运了。
If America wants to sign up to this, godspeed, man.
就像说,美国最终会陷入社会主义的死亡螺旋漏洞中。
Like, that's where America's gonna end up in the socialist death spiral loophole.
祝你好运。
Like, good luck.
玩得开心。
Have a good time.
我要去终点站建立基金会。
I'm going to Terminus to start the foundation.
我不知道那鬼地方在哪,但我先走了。
I don't know where the hell that is, but I'm out.
你走了。
You're out.
我也走了。
I'm out.
与此同时,我们能做的就是向它讲真话,努力照亮它,看看它会走向何方。
And in the meantime, all we can do is speak truth to it and try and shine light on it and see where it goes.
嘿。
Hey.
也许是第五十一个州,格陵兰。
Maybe fifty first state, Greenland.
也许我们就直接搞第五十一个州吧。
Maybe we'll just do the fifty first state.
听好了。
Look.
我不是说它一定会通过,不过我认为一旦上了选票,通过的可能性略大于不通过。
I'm not saying it's gonna pass, although I do think it's probably slightly more likely than not to pass once it's on the ballot.
我只是不明白为什么它上不了选票。
Just don't understand why it's not gonna be on the ballot.
一旦它在四月左右登上选票,我想会引发一场大恐慌,人们争相逃离,因为有很多人——这是我的观点——
And once it makes the ballot in let's say April, I think there's gonna be a big freak out and rush for the exits because there's a lot of people who you know, this is my theory is I'm gonna
是俄罗斯人,而不是那些富豪,人们还没意识到这一点。
beat It's the not Russians before the end the people don't realize this.
不是亿万富翁。
It's not billionaires.
我已经收到数十条短信、邮件和电话,来自创始人、商界领袖和CEO们,他们都说如果四月这事儿上了选票,他们就走人,因为大势已明。
I have received dozens of texts, emails, calls from people, founders, business leaders, CEOs that are out if in April this thing ends up on the ballot because they're like writings on the wall.
如果加利福尼亚的任何政治家都不愿意站出来谈论私有财产权,也没有人愿意说这会导致该州乃至整个国家陷入恶性循环,而没人会说出这一点,那么这只是时间问题,迟早会发生,而且迟早会波及到我。
If no politicians in California are willing to stand up and talk about private property rights and no one's willing to say, like, this leads to a death spiral for the state and potentially for the country and no one's gonna say that, then it's only a matter of time before this happens and it's only a matter of time before it hits me.
对。
Right.
所以每个人都正在寻找一个地方
And so everyone is looking for a place
给我一个关于这一点的数据点。
to you me a data point on that.
还有其他一些工会没有参与这项公投提案,但他们正在为2028年准备类似的提案,这些公投提案会更加严密,法律团队更强大,诸如此类,更有可能通过宪法审查。
There are other unions who weren't part of this ballot initiative who are preparing similar ones for 2028, and those ballot initiatives are gonna be more bulletproof, they're gonna be better lawyered, all that kind of stuff, more likely to survive constitutional challenges.
我认为,之所以存在对BTA的政治反对,仅仅是因为它是由一个工会——SEIU UHW——单独推动的。
The only reason why there is political opposition, I believe, to the BTA is because it was done by only one union, the SEIU, UHW.
这个人独自完成了这件事。
This guy did it on his own.
而所有这些征收所得的收益,几乎都会流向这一个工会或其相关事业。
And the loot, all the proceeds from this confiscation would go almost all of it would go just to this one union or its causes.
所以他们没有让其他工会分一杯羹。
So they didn't cut in the other unions on the loot.
他们没让其他工会沾光,没错。
They didn't wet That's right.
其他工会的嘴脸。
The other union's beaks.
因此,其他工会实际上反对这项措施,这就是为什么纽森和其他政客觉得没什么顾忌,敢公开表示反对。
As a result of that, the other unions are actually against it and this is why Newsom and the other politicians feel relatively unconstrained in saying they're opposed to it.
所以我认为,如果我们能在2026年击败这项措施,并不意味着它就此终结。
And that's why I think that if we defeat this in '26, it doesn't mean it's dead for good.
它只是会以新的形式在2028年卷土重来,但那时将获得更广泛的工会支持。
It just means it's gonna come back in a new form in '28, but with much more broad based union support.
所有工会都会一起行动。
All the unions are gonna do it together.
所以我只是觉得,这势在必行。
So I just think this is inevitable.
我认为,无论你是创始人,在退出前、退出后,还是正在走向退出的路上,我的建议是引用玛雅·安吉洛的话:当一个机构向你展示它的本性时,第一次就要相信它。
And I think that, you know, for all the founders and whether you're pre exit, post exit, or on your way to an exit, my advice would be that, to quote Maya Angelou, when a state shows you who they are, believe them the first time.
这个
This
这就是加利福尼亚的发展方向,无论是SEIU,还是2028年教师工会的行动,都将走向这个方向。
is the direction of travel in California, and whether it's SEIU or whatever they do in Teachers twenty eight, this is where it's going.
他们希望能看到一些东西。
They'd love to see something.
萨克斯,你提到的一点让我很有共鸣,那就是下一轮版本会由更专业的律师操刀,更加无懈可击。
Sachs, you said something that resonated with me, which is the next versions of this will be better lawyered and more bulletproof.
我已经让一团队的人研究过这个问题。
I've had a team of people looking at this.
这里最大的弱点在于,这是一个具有追溯效力的全新税种。
The thing that is the biggest weakness here is looking at the fact that this is a wholly new tax that is applied retroactively.
当你观察联邦最高法院在此类问题上的判例时,这将是人们最强有力的挑战点,也是最有可能证明这项政策不公、构成征收,并借助最高法院予以驳回的关键所在。
And when you look at the Supreme Court at the federal level, the case law on this, this is the strongest challenge that people will have, and this is where there is a preponderance of evidence in the favor of people saying that this is unjust and this is a taking and being able to use the Supreme Court to bat this back.
这将花费五到十年的时间来诉讼,因为案件会在法院里没完没了地拖下去。
Now that'll take five and ten years to litigate because it'll be there drawing itself through the courts forever.
但当你看到,如果这项法案通过,人们会从这个角度发起攻击时,我完全同意你的看法,萨克斯。
But when you look at the fact that that will be the angle of attack that people will take if this passes, I a 100% agree with you, Sachs.
如果这个工会足够聪明,他们本该说这项政策从2027年开始生效。
If this union were smart enough, what they would have done is say this is gonna start 2027.
它很可能能登上选票。
It probably would make the ballot.
它很可能通过,他们就能获得全部利益,而且法律上很难对它提出挑战。
It probably would pass, and they would get all the loot, and it would be very difficult to legally challenge this thing.
这个工会犯了一个巨大的错误,但在2028年、2030年或2032年,这个问题会再次浮现。
It was a huge miscalculation by that union, but in '28 or thirty or thirty two, this will rear its ugly head.
到那时,方案会设计得更完善,根本无从规避。
It will be better architected, and there will be no way around it.
到了那个时候,为什么还要人为地在1后面加上九个零设个界限呢?
And at that point, why create an artificial line at one with nine zeros after it?
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。