本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
欢迎回到建议环节,这是一个百无禁忌的系列节目,你可以提交当前遇到的困境或任何需要建议的问题,然后我会给出我非专业的建议。
Welcome back to advice session, a series here on anything goes where you send in your current dilemmas or anything you want advice on, and then I give you my unprofessional advice.
今天的主题是如何成为一个更好的人。
And today's topic is becoming a better person.
我觉得我们都在努力成为更好的人的路上。
I feel like we're all on the journey to becoming a better person.
对吧?
Right?
没人会到处说:知道我在追求什么吗?
No one's walking around saying, you know what journey I'm on?
我正在努力成为最糟糕的人。
The journey to becoming the worst possible person I can be.
是啊。
Yeah.
这就是我一直在努力的方向。
That's what I've been working on.
没人想变得更消极。
Nobody wants to be more negative.
没人想变得更自私。
Nobody wants to be more selfish.
不过我想确实有些人想变得更自私些。
I mean, I guess there are some people who wanna be more selfish.
如果你是那种老好人类型,可能确实需要学会更自私一点。
Perhaps if you're sort of a pushover type, you might wanna become a little more selfish.
这很合理。
That's fair.
但你应该明白我想表达的意思。
But you get what I'm trying to say here.
我们都在努力成为最好的自己。
We're all trying to become the best possible versions of ourselves.
我认为我们都在这个旅程中。
I think we're all on that journey.
这是一种普遍的经历。
It's a universal experience.
但有趣的是,这似乎并非我们与生俱来的能力。
But what's interesting about it is that it seems that it doesn't come naturally to us.
我们似乎并非生来就是最好的自己。
It seems that we're not born the best possible version of ourselves.
如果是那样的话,我们就不需要为此努力了。
If that was the case, we wouldn't all seemingly be working on that.
我们都有很大的成长空间。
We all have a lot of growing to do.
我们都有改进的余地。
We all have room for improvement.
不做个好人确实很诱人。
It's very tempting to not be a good person.
也许我不该说'很诱人',嗯,不对。
Maybe I shouldn't say it's very tempt well, no.
当个坏人可能非常具有诱惑力。
It can be very tempting to be a bad person.
当然我不是指邪恶的人。
Now I don't mean an evil person.
对吧?
Right?
我指的不是推倒老太太那种邪恶。
I don't mean pushing an old lady evil.
我指的是消极的人、悲观的人、自私的人、充满仇恨的人、刻薄的人。
I mean a negative person, a pessimistic person, a selfish person, a hateful person, a mean person.
有时放纵自己的恶劣品质很诱人,因为当我们陷入困境时,作恶反而会让我们感觉好些。
It can be tempting at times to indulge in bad traits because there's something about being bad that makes us feel better when we're struggling.
我想说,当你处于人生特别顺遂的阶段时,做个好人会容易得多。
I would say when you're in a particularly good place in your life, it's much easier to be a good person.
但即便你人生顺遂,保持善良仍需要自律、觉知,有时甚至需要勇气。
But even if you're in a particularly good place in your life, it still takes discipline and mindfulness and, at times, even bravery to be a good person.
我想说的是,善良并非我们的天性。
It doesn't come naturally to us is what I'm trying to say here.
就像所有事物一样,人性有善有恶,我们都在尽力向善。
As with all things, humans are good and bad, and we're all trying to be as good as we possibly can.
但这是每天都要做的选择。
But it's a daily choice.
这是终身的修行,我不认为这段旅程会有终点。
It's a daily practice, and I don't really believe that the journey ever ends.
我觉得作为人类,我们终其一生都在努力成为最好的自己,但永远无法完全达到。
I feel like we're on this journey as human beings to try to become the best possible people we can be, but we never quite reach it.
就像,这趟旅程根本没有终点站。
Like, there is no destination.
我们总能变得更好,这在某种程度上很鼓舞人心——拥有一个可以终生追求的目标本身就充满激励。
We can always improve, which in some ways is inspiring because there's something sort of inspiring about having a goal that you can work on for the rest of time.
这种想法本身就令人振奋。
There's something inspiring about that.
这段旅程本身就充满意义,它显然让我成为了更好的人。
Like, the journey itself is fulfilling, and it's obviously making me a better person.
但同时,我也永远不能停止自我完善。
But, also, I never have to stop working on this.
这其中有某种鼓舞人心的东西。
There is something inspiring about that.
对吧?
Right?
作为人类,拥有目标对我们是有益的。
Having goals as human beings is good for us.
它能让我们保持动力。
It keeps us motivated.
它让我们清晨愿意起床。
It gets us out of bed in the morning.
所以拥有一个没有明确终点但在过程中充满成就感的目标,某种程度上是理想的。
So to have a goal that doesn't really have a destination but is fulfilling along the way is kind of ideal.
这是看待它的一种方式。
That's one way to look at it.
但其中也有令人却步的部分,因为很多时候我们渴望一个清晰的终点。
But there is also something kind of daunting about it too because I think a lot of times we want a clear destination.
我们想要抵达某个地方。
We want to arrive somewhere.
想到要为一件事奋斗终生却永远无法到达终点——因为根本没有定义的终点——可能会让人有些难以承受。
And the thought of working towards something for your entire life and to never get to the end because there is no defined end can be a bit overwhelming.
但我不认为这是正确的看待方式。
But I don't think that that's the right way to look at it.
我确实认为这就是那种没有终点的目标。
I do think it is this sort of goal with no destination.
但仅仅因为没有终点,并不意味着你不会抵达某个美好的地方。
But just because there's no destination doesn't mean that you don't arrive somewhere beautiful.
你只是永远不会在那个目的地停留太久。
You just never stay at that destination for long.
你懂我意思吗?
You know what I'm saying?
然后你就死了,然后...就这样结束了。
And then you die, and then and then that's it.
这话题对我来说有点太存在主义了。
This is getting a little too existential for me.
闲话少说,我们直接进入正题吧。
So without further ado, let's just get into it.
有人问:'我怎样才能不再重蹈覆辙?'
Somebody said, how do I stop making the same mistakes over and over again?
有时候等我意识到时已经为时已晚。
Sometimes I don't even realize it's happening until it's too late.
我想打破这个循环。
I wanna stop the cycle.
在我人生混乱时期,当我行为失控、不断重复犯错,没有做出明智选择来放慢脚步时,我母亲总是对我说:
My mom always has said to me in times in my life when things are chaotic and I'm kind of chaotic and I keep making the same mistakes over and over again, and I'm not making smart choices to slow down.
慢下来。
Slow down.
时速20英里的话,降到5英里。
Going 20 miles per hour, go five.
他妈的速度放慢。
Slow the fuck down.
我觉得这个建议非常棒。
And I think that's phenomenal advice.
所以这就是我要给你的建议。
So that's the advice I'm gonna give to you.
我的第一条建议就是:放慢脚步。
My first piece of advice is to slow down.
如果你一而再再而三地犯同样的错误,那是因为你行动得太快了。
If you keep making the same mistake over and over and over again, it's because you're moving too fast.
为了正确分析生活中发生的事情,你必须保持一个能让你看清事态发展的生活节奏。
In order to properly analyze things as they happen in your life, you have to be going at a speed in your life that allows you to analyze what's going on.
如果你只是马不停蹄地赶场子,怎么可能有时间反思正在发生的事情?
If you're just moving from one thing to the next to the next to the next to the next, how are you supposed to reflect on what's going on?
你做不到。
You can't.
你行动得太快了。
You're moving too fast.
我认为必须放慢节奏的原因在于:要避免重蹈覆辙,就需要深入分析错误,而不是停留在表面。
And I think the reason why it's so important to slow down is because in order to not make the same mistake again, you need to deeply analyze the mistake that you made, and not just on the surface level.
因为我们大多数人往往只做表面分析,毕竟这是最快捷简便的方式。
Because a lot of us tend to analyze our mistakes on the surface level because that's the quickest and easiest way to do it.
对吧?
Right?
就像,好吧。
Like, okay.
我刚犯了错。
I just made this mistake.
我为什么要那么做?
Why did I do that?
当时觉得诱惑难以抗拒,一时冲动很痛快,但现在后悔了。
I did that because it was tempting, and it felt good in the moment, but now I regret it.
好吧。
Okay.
下次我绝不会再受诱惑了。
Next time, I'm just not gonna I'm not gonna fall for the temptation.
好的。
Okay.
继续。
Moving on.
嗯,这样行不通,因为你没有触及问题的根源。
Well, that's not gonna work because you didn't get to the root of the issue.
问题的根源不在于你屈服于诱惑。
The root of the issue is not that you fell for the temptation.
问题的根源在于你为什么会被诱惑去犯那个错误?
The root of the issue is why are you tempted to make that mistake?
所以我认为放慢脚步,弄清楚为什么你会再次被驱使去犯那个错误,可能非常有价值。
And so I think it can be incredibly valuable to slow down and and figure out why you were driven to make that mistake again.
或者对于只犯了一次错误但不想重蹈覆辙的情况,我为什么会犯那个错误?
Or in the case of just making one mistake and not wanting to repeat it, why did I make that mistake?
你必须找到根源。
You gotta find the root of it.
说到寻找根源,我确实有一些建议,因为这件事做起来有点不舒服,也有点尴尬。
And when it comes to finding the root of it, I do have some advice because it's kind of an uncomfortable thing to do and kind of an awkward thing to do.
就像是,你究竟要怎么找到根源呢?
It's like, how do you even find the root of it?
你知道吗?
You know?
比如,我该怎么深入挖掘并找到那个原因?
Like, how do I how do I dig deep and find find that?
你知道吗?
You know?
这并不明显。
It's not obvious.
我的建议是,你需要把问题从大脑中抽离出来,放到现实世界中。
I would say my advice would be you need to remove it from your brain and bring it out into the real world.
现在让我解释一下这是什么意思。
Now let me explain what that means.
很多时候,我们只是在脑海里处理自己的问题。
A lot of times, we deal with our issues inside of our head.
对吧?
Right?
但这其实很难做到,因为在你的脑海里,事情是混乱的。
But that's a really challenging thing to do because inside of your head, things are jumbled.
它们在盘旋。
They're swirling.
它们是模糊的。
They're foggy.
思绪很难整理。
Thoughts are very hard to organize.
要梳理清楚非常具有挑战性。
They're very challenging to organize.
你知道什么更容易整理吗?
You know what's much easier to organize?
那些从你大脑开始,然后被提取出来放到现实世界中的东西——无论是通过与亲近的人交谈,还是通过写日记,甚至可能只是盯着墙壁决定好好思考。
Things that have started in your brain and then been extracted and put into the real world, either through conversation with someone you're close to or through journaling or potentially even through just staring at the wall and making the decision to think.
但那样更难。
But that's harder.
就我个人而言可以做到,但我发现很多时候通过倾诉或写下来等方式会更容易且更有效。
Like, I can do that personally, but a lot of times I find it's much easier and much more effective to either talk about it or to write it down or something.
因为一旦你把问题从大脑中抽离出来,让它变得具体并存在于现实世界,你就能直面它、应对它。
Because once you get it out of your brain and it's tangible and it's in the real world, you can look at it head on and face it.
当思绪在脑海中时,它们总是乱作一团。
When it's in your head, it's just all jumbled up.
你无法直视它,因为它就在你眼前上方。
You can't look at it because it's above your eyes.
我可不是在开玩笑。
I'm not even kidding.
我知道这可能显得过于字面化,但根据我的经验,事情确实如此运作。
I know that that's like I'm making it more literal than maybe I should be, but it kind of works like that in my experience.
说出话语让它们浮现在眼前,写下文字以便能够审视。
Speaking the words and having the words float in front of your eyes, writing down words and being able to look at them.
将脑海中盘旋的思绪具象化,能让它们更容易被处理。
There's something about making the things swirling around in your brain tangible that make them easier to address.
所以我建议想办法让这个重复的错误、这个挑战变得可触摸。
So I recommend finding a way to make this repeat mistake, this challenge tangible.
把它写下来。
Write it down.
找个人谈谈这件事。
Talk about it with somebody.
当然你知道,有无数种方式可以选择来沟通或记录你的挑战。
And there's definitely you know, there's there's a trillion different ways that you could choose to communicate about your challenge or write it down.
不过我会告诉你我的做法。
But I I'll tell you how I would do it.
第一,我会先从记忆中完整复述整件事的经过。
Number one, I would start by recounting everything that's happened from my memory.
明白吗?
Okay?
我第一次犯错是什么时候?
When did I make the first mistake?
为什么为什么我会觉得那件事发生了?
Why why do I think that that happened?
我是什么时候犯的第二个错误?
When did I make the second mistake?
为什么我觉得那件事发生了?
Why do I think that happened?
我是什么时候又犯了同样的错误?
When did I make the same mistake again?
为什么我会觉得那件事发生了?
Why do I think that that happened?
然后从那里开始,试着用鸟瞰的视角来分析它,你知道的,从一个宏观的角度。
Then from there, analyze it kind of from a bird's eye view, you know, from a zoomed out perspective.
尽可能客观地看待它。
Look at it objectively as best as you possibly can.
在你分析完事实后,就该进行头脑风暴了。
And then after you've sort of analyzed the facts, it's time to brainstorm.
头脑风暴一下可能的根本原因,并写下一些想法。
Brainstorm what the root cause of this possibly could be and write down some ideas.
然后逐一思考这些想法,找出真正的原因。
And then think through all of them, then figure out which one it is.
有时候这需要时间。
And sometimes this takes time.
你知道吗?
You know?
有时候答案不会立刻清晰。
Sometimes the answer isn't clear immediately.
但这种把问题从大脑中提取出来、使其具体化,并以尽可能清晰客观的方式进行分析的实践,即使不能立即给你答案,至少也在你脑海中种下了种子。
But this sort of practice of taking it out of your brain and making it tangible and analyzing it in a way that's very clear and as objective as possible, if it doesn't give you the answer immediately, it at least plants the seed in your brain.
之后,你的大脑会继续处理这个问题,解决这个谜题,最终答案会自然浮现。
And then after that, your brain will continue to sort of work on it, work on the puzzle, and then eventually it'll come to you.
一旦理解了根本原因,你就能直面解决,不再试图抵抗重蹈覆辙的诱惑,而是从根本上解决问题,解决真正的问题所在。
Once you understand the root cause, you can address that head on so that you're not trying to avoid temptation to make the same mistake again, but now you're solving the issue at the root, You're solving the real problem.
这样不再犯同样的错误就容易多了,你也不必与诱惑对抗。
And then not making that mistake again is much easier, and you don't have to fight against temptation.
相反,因为你从源头解决了问题,避免再犯那个错误就会变成自然而然的事。
Instead, it just becomes automatic not to make that mistake again because you've addressed the problem at the source.
我会举些例子,因为我觉得这个概念有点难以解释清楚。
I'll give some examples because I feel like this is sort of it's like a hard thing to explain.
我想通过举例可能会有所帮助。
And I think if I give some examples, it might help.
让我举一个人们可能会反复犯的错误例子。
Let me give an example of a mistake that someone might make over and over again.
有人可能会反复回到一个不适合自己的浪漫伴侣身边。
Someone might make the mistake of going back to someone, a romantic partner, over and over again who is not good for them.
他们明知这个人不适合自己。
They know that this person is not good for them.
他们并不合适。
They're not compatible.
他们不可信任,可能是因为作为伴侣他们不匹配,或者对方不值得信任,或者对方极度回避型人格无法满足情感需求——无论具体原因是什么,明知道不是好选择却仍反复回到同一个伴侣身边。
They're not trustworthy, whether it's because as a pair, they're not compatible or perhaps the partner is not trustworthy or perhaps the partner is super avoidant and doesn't give this person what they need emotionally, whatever it may be, returning to the same partner over and over again, even when it's obviously not a good idea.
如果有人因为觉得和对方相处愉快——一起消磨时光、聊天、接吻甚至发生关系——而不断回到那个伴侣身边。
If someone keeps returning to that partner because it feels good to spend time with them, hang out with them, talk to them, maybe even kiss, maybe even have sex.
如果这种情况反复发生,仅靠自制力很难抵抗再次犯错的诱惑。
Like, if that keeps happening over and over again, the temptation to make the mistake again is too strong to just use self control.
因为这并不是问题的根源所在。
Like, that's not the root of the issue.
内部有些问题需要解决。
There's something going on internally that needs to be addressed.
通过分析,人们可能会发现他们这样做有两个原因:第一,他们害怕孤独;第二,他们热衷于追求那些若即若离的对象。
Through analysis, one might find that the reason that they're doing this is because, number one, they're afraid of being alone, And number two, because they love the game of trying to get someone who's playing hard to get.
也许他们的伴侣或关系紧张的伴侣是回避型人格,而这种追逐过程本身具有某种令人上瘾的特质。
Perhaps their partner is or their partner who's on the rocks is avoidant, and there's something sort of addicting about the chase.
这只是一个例子。
That's just an example.
明白吗?
You know?
通过分析,人们可以找出他们不断回到这个伴侣身边的诸多潜在原因。
Through analysis, one could discover a plethora of of potential reasons why they've been returning to this partner.
但为了举例方便,我们假设情况就是这样。
But for the sake of the example, let's say that's the case.
既然发现了问题,他们可以通过克服单身恐惧、培养独立意识、以及创造更有趣充实的生活来解决问题,从而减轻对那个若即若离伴侣的渴望。
Well, now that this has been discovered, they can solve this through getting over their fear of being single, working to develop a sense of independence, and create a more interesting stimulating life that alleviates the craving to be with this partner that's hard to get.
如果你的生活充满自己热爱的活动,就不会想和若即若离的伴侣纠缠。
If you're busy doing stuff in your life that you enjoy, you don't wanna deal with a partner who's hard to get.
因为与回避型人格相处时,那种不断试图赢得对方认可的过程会变成类似爱好的存在,就像兴趣爱好一样让人上瘾。
Because there's almost something about being with somebody who is is avoidant that it becomes like a hobby trying to constantly win them over, and it becomes sort of addicting in the same way a hobby does.
因此创造更有趣充实的生活或许能解决这个问题。
And so to create a more interesting stimulating life might solve that problem.
这就是个很好的例子,展示了如何找到根本原因并制定解决方案。
And so that's a great example of how, you know, someone could potentially find the root cause and then make a plan to address the root cause.
我再举一个例子。
I'll give one more example.
假设有人总是在社交场合过度分享,第二天又为此感到极度焦虑,觉得自己暴露了太多。
Let's say someone keeps making the mistake over and over again of oversharing in social situations, and then the next day getting really anxious about that oversharing, feeling like, oh, I feel like I exposed myself too much.
也许他们在评判我。
Maybe they were judging me.
也许我不该那么信任他们。
Maybe I I trusted them more than I should have.
操。
Fuck.
就像,我犯了个错误。
Like, I made a mistake.
顺便说一句,这太像我了,Coded。
By the way, this is so me, Coded.
就像,这就是我人生的写照。
Like, that is the story of my life.
我人生的写照。
Story of my life.
我在这方面确实进步了很多,但有时还是会为此困扰。
And I've definitely improved with this a lot, but it's still something I struggle with sometimes.
但为了举例说明,我们暂且把我从这个情境中抽离出来。
But we'll take me out of this for a second for the sake of the example.
通过分析,人们可能会意识到他们之所以过度分享,是因为这是他们知道的与他人建立联系的方式。
Through analysis, one might realize that they tend to overshare because that is how they know how to connect with other human beings.
这是个坏习惯。
It's a bad habit.
可能他们从小就这样。
Perhaps they've been doing it since they were a kid.
老实说,我不知道为什么我说要把自己从这个情境中移除。
Honestly, I don't know why I said, let's remove me from the situation.
这完全就是我。
This is very much me.
从小我就明白,通过展现脆弱、讲述故事,我能更好地与他人建立联系。
Ever since I was a kid, I learned that by being vulnerable, by telling stories, I connect so much better with people.
这很美好,我永远不想失去这种能力。
And that's a beautiful thing, and I never wanna lose that.
但我有个问题,就是常常过度分享,说出让自己事后后悔的私密信息。
However, I've had a a problem with taking it too far and sharing more about myself than I'm comfortable with and then regretting it later.
我认为需要保持平衡,而我的生活中曾多次失去这种平衡。
I think that there's a balance, and I think there's been times in my life where I've lost that balance.
所以,是的,这就是真实的我。
So, yeah, so it's very much me.
不过现在,遇到同样问题的人可以意识到:好吧...
But, anyway, now someone who's dealing with that can realize, okay.
我年轻时学到,过度分享能帮助我与他人建立连接。
I learned as a young person that oversharing helps me connect with other people.
这就是我持续这样做的原因。
That's why I keep doing that.
我该如何解决这个问题?
How can I solve it?
根据个人情况,这个挑战有多种解决方式。比如在社交活动前先想好话题,并刻意避免分享敏感信息——即使很有倾诉欲。
Now there's many different ways that that this, you know, challenge could be solved depending on the individual, but an example could be brainstorming other things to discuss before social events and making an active effort to avoid sharing sensitive information even when it's tempting.
制定计划并在交谈时保持觉察,这或许就是解决方案。
Having a plan and then having a sense of mindfulness during conversations, that might be the solution.
看,这才是直面问题的态度。
But, see, that addresses the problem head on.
如果有人说'我决定不再过度分享了',却毫无准备地参加社交活动,他们只会重蹈覆辙。
If one were to say, like, you know, I guess I'm just gonna, like, stop oversharing, and then they go into a social event with no plan, like, they're just gonna make the same mistake again.
你必须要有计划。
You gotta have a plan.
好的。
Okay.
接下来有人说,我怎样才能停止抱怨?
Next, somebody said, how do I stop complaining?
我觉得自己正在变成一个爱发牢骚的人,但事情确实很难。
I feel like I'm becoming a whiner, but things are hard.
如何让自己更积极,更多地看到事物光明的一面而非消极面?
How do I be more positive and look at the brighter side of things more often than the negative side?
我认为很多时候我们往往在坏习惯形成很久之后才发现它,这可能会让人非常沮丧,因为它似乎已经成为我们性格的一部分。
I think a lot of times we we tend to discover a bad habit like this long after it's become a habit, which can be incredibly daunting because it seems like it's become a part of our personality.
但好消息是,我们随时都可以改变这些。
But the good news is it's in our control to change these things at any time.
我觉得最难跨越的障碍之一就是向自己承认:好吧。
I think that can be one of the hardest hurdles to get over is admitting to yourself, okay.
我有这个问题。
I have this issue.
同时也要承认自己是能够改变它的人。
And then also admitting to yourself that you're the one that can change it.
因为承认自己有性格缺陷、没有早点发现、放任自己这样做,以及还没真正想清楚如何改正,多少会让人感到难堪。
Because there's something sort of embarrassing about admitting that you have a character flaw and you didn't catch it sooner and that you're allowing yourself to do it and that you don't really know how to fix it yet because you haven't really thought about it that deeply.
所以现在这已经变成了一个不小的问题。
And so it's kinda become this big thing now, and it's kind of a big issue.
本来可以早点制止的,但并没有。
And it could have been stopped sooner, but it didn't.
我不知道。
I don't know.
我发现当我意识到自己身上的负面性格特征时,第一反应往往是:好吧,这可能就是我的本性。
I find that when I catch a negative personality trait in myself, my immediate response tends to be, well, I guess that's just who I am.
我认为这很大程度上解释了为何我会本能地对自己或他人产生这种反应。
And I think a big part of why that's my sort of gut reaction to tell myself or tell others.
嗯,我想这就是我的本性吧。
Well, I guess that's just how I am.
因为我羞于承认其实没必要这样,但我还是不由自主。
It's because I'm embarrassed to admit that I don't need to be like that, but I am anyway.
这样说能理解吗?
Does that make sense?
如果我承认自己本可以随时(无论是现在还是过去)解决这个问题,那这就成了我的责任。
It makes it my responsibility if I acknowledge that I could, at any time, now or in the past, fix this issue.
至少在我的经历中,这件事有种奇怪的羞耻感。
It just there's something weirdly embarrassing about it, at least in my experience.
所以我认为第一步是要承认这是可以改变的事情。
And so I think the first step is to acknowledge that this is something that can be changed.
而且发现自身缺点并坦然接受,这本身就是非常正常的人性表现。
And also, it's so normal and human to catch a negative trait and to say, Okay.
我需要做出改变。
I need to make a change.
这其实是件既普通又美好的事。
Like, that's such a normal, beautiful thing.
甚至可以说,是件非常勇敢的事。
And it's actually, like, a really brave thing too.
我觉得我们经常低估了自己——能觉察到问题并决心改变,这本身就值得肯定。
And I think oftentimes we don't give ourselves enough credit for acknowledging it and noticing it and then choosing to change it.
很多时候我们会因为自身存在某种缺陷而感到羞耻,这种羞耻感反而阻碍了我们改进——我们会想:既然我现在才意识到这个糟糕的特质,说明我本身就有缺陷,那还怎么指望能解决它呢?
I think a lot of times we feel shame that we were even like that to begin with, and that kinda discourages us from working on it because we're like, well, if I have this terrible trait that I'm just now acknowledging, then, like, how the fuck am I supposed to solve it if I'm so flawed that I have this flaw to begin with?
这样说能明白吗?
Does that make sense?
我是不是想得太复杂了?
Am I getting too heady with this?
这就是我的思维方式。
This is just how my brain works.
但这也可能是因为承认一个负面特质会有点打击你的自尊心,从而降低你改掉这个坏毛病的信心。
But it also might be that acknowledging a negative trait can kinda hit your self esteem a little bit, and that can also lower your confidence in yourself to get rid of that bad trait.
因为如果你承认自己有个缺点,就会让你对自己感觉不好。
Because if you acknowledge a bad trait about yourself, then it makes you feel bad about yourself.
然后你会对自己缺乏信心,不太相信自己能解决它。
And then you feel less confidence in yourself, less trust in yourself to solve it.
这种情况经常发生真的很遗憾,因为我认为我们都应该把自我反省和承认缺点看作勇敢且真正高情商的表现。
It's a real shame that it often happens this way because I think we should all look at self reflection and the acknowledgment of our flaws as a brave and actually emotionally intelligent thing.
这其实是件很棒的事。
It's kind of an amazing thing.
这是一种能力,对成为更好的人至关重要。
It's a skill, and it's crucial in becoming a better person.
而且我不管你是谁,也不管你觉得自己有多完美无缺。
And I don't care who you are, how how perfect and flawless you think you are.
每个人有时都需要自我反省,正视自己的缺点。
Everyone at times needs to self reflect and address their negative traits.
这很正常。
It's so normal.
但要跨过承认问题存在并相信自己能解决这道坎,可能真的很困难。
But it can be really hard to get over the hurdle of accepting that it's a problem and also accepting that you can fix it.
是的,你本可以在几个月前、几年前就解决它,但你现在才意识到,现在需要改正了。
And, yeah, you could have fixed it months ago, years ago, but you just realized it now, and now you need to fix it.
从那里开始,我的意思是,那可能是最艰难的一步——承认问题和承担责任。
And then from there I mean, that might that might be the hardest step, the acknowledgment and the responsibility.
从那时起,我认为当我们注意到自己身上某种已成为习惯的负面特质时,最好的做法就是放慢节奏,关注自己的行为。
And then from there, I think when we notice a negative trait in ourselves that's become sort of a habit, the best thing that we can do is slow down and pay attention to our behavior.
但要你时刻关注自己的一举一动确实不太现实。
Now it's kind of unrealistic to pay attention to your behavior all the time twenty four seven.
有时候我们需要切换到自动驾驶模式。
At times, we need to lock into autopilot.
你明白吗?
You know?
但我认为,在人生某个需要解决问题的阶段,放慢脚步、保持觉知并关注自己的行为确实非常重要。
But I think in a moment, in a phase in our lives when we have something we need to address, it's really important to slow down and be mindful and to pay attention to our actions.
懂我意思吗?
You know?
而且我觉得这个过程可能会有点乏味。
And I think it can be sort of tedious.
不断思考自己在想什么、说什么,还要过滤分析调整,确实会让人精疲力尽。
It can be sort of exhausting to constantly be thinking about what you're thinking, thinking about what you're saying, and sort of filtering through it, analyzing it, pivoting it.
对吧?
Right?
如果你开始产生负面想法、抱怨念头,或者正要发牢骚时,要捕捉到这些念头并制止自己真的很累人,就像'靠'。
If you're, like, starting to have a negative thought or a whiny thought or you're about to to you're about to complain or you're about to whine, it's exhausting to catch it and then be like, fuck.
好吧。
Okay.
我不能说那种话。
I can't say that.
我正在努力改掉这个习惯。
I'm working on not doing that.
好的。
Okay.
我还能说什么呢?
What else can I say?
好吧。
Okay.
我还能怎么想这件事?
How else can I think about this?
这真是个令人精疲力尽的过程。
That's an exhausting process.
对吧?
Right?
但我认为要真正根除一个坏毛病或坏习惯,唯一方法就是高度觉察它,并在行为发生时及时察觉自己。
But I think it's the only way to truly eradicating a bad a a bad trait or a bad habit is to become incredibly mindful of it and catch yourself in the act.
三思而后言。
Think before you speak.
思考你正在思考的内容,然后每次都积极做出转变的决定。
Think about what you're thinking, and then actively make the decision to pivot every single time.
不断转变、转变、再转变,直到最终变成积极的习惯。
Pivot, pivot, pivot until eventually it becomes a habit to be positive.
然后你猜怎么着?
And then guess what?
你真幸运。
Lucky you.
你不再需要考虑它了。
You don't have to think about it anymore.
这已成为新的生活方式。
It's become a new way of life.
这就是这段人生小篇章的美妙之处——通过高度觉察自己的行为来可能改变它们。
That's the beautiful thing about sort of a little chapter, a little phase in life of being incredibly mindful about your behaviors to to potentially change them.
你不必一辈子都那样做。
You don't have to do that for the rest of your life.
你知道吗?
You know?
如果你真的努力去做,最终它会成为新的习惯,然后你就成功了。
If you work really hard at it, eventually, that becomes the new habit, and then there you go.
好的。
Okay.
下一个。
Next.
有人说,离开舒适区是人生成长的唯一途径吗?
Somebody said, is leaving your comfort zone the only way to grow in life?
根据我的经验,大多数时候确实如此。
In my experience, most of the time, yes.
我是这样理解的。
And here's how I think of it.
好的。
Okay.
让我给你打个比方。
Let me give you let me give you a metaphor.
其实这个比喻可能不是我想出来的。
This is actually I don't even think I came up with this metaphor.
我肯定是在哪里听过,然后在脑子里稍微改编了一下,让它对我来说更合理。
I I've I must have heard it somewhere, but then I kind of, I don't know, like, rewrote the story a little bit in my brain to make sense to me.
所以我真的不知道这个比喻的来源,但我是这样理解的。
And so I don't really know where this came from, but I I this is how I think of it.
挑战就像一座山。
A challenge is like a mountain.
如果你拥有足够的力量和肌肉,翻越那座山就会很轻松。
And if you have the proper strength and muscles, getting over the mountain is easy.
然而,如果你还没有足够的力量和肌肉,在练出那些力量和肌肉之前,你是不可能翻越那座山的。
However, if you don't have the proper strength and muscles yet, it's impossible to get over the mountain until you've built that strength and those muscles.
所以翻越那座山的唯一方法就是训练、变强、练出那些肌肉。
And so the only way to get over that mountain is to train, to get stronger, to build those muscles.
为了增长肌肉,你必须锻炼肌肉,这就像把自己推出舒适区一样。
In order to grow muscle, you have to push your muscles, which is like pushing yourself out of your comfort zone.
就像坐在沙发上就是待在舒适区里。
It's like sitting on the couch is staying in your comfort zone.
明白吗?
K?
坐在沙发上看电视而不是锻炼力量去翻越那座山,就像待在舒适区里。
Sitting on the couch and watching TV instead of building your strength to get over that mountain is like being in your comfort zone.
去健身房举重、徒步、跑步、锻炼肌肉以便能翻越那座山,就像走出舒适区。
Going to the gym, lifting weights, hiking, running, building your muscle so that you can get over the mountain is like getting out of your comfort zone.
我是这么理解的。
That's the way I think of it.
我不认为我们应该期待自己时刻都在成长。
I don't think that we should expect ourselves to grow all the time.
比如,我们有时也需要休息。
Like, we have to rest sometimes.
懂吧?
You know?
就像我们有时候也得坐在沙发上。
It's like we we gotta we gotta sit on the couch sometimes.
你懂我意思吧?
You know what I mean?
你不能一天24小时都在训练和举重。
You can't train and lift weights twenty four seven.
对我们来说,休息是健康且至关重要的,你知道,有时候也需要象征性地坐在沙发上放松。
It's healthy and crucial for us to rest, you know, to metaphorically sit on the couch sometimes.
但我们同时也需要照顾好自己。
But we also need to take care of ourselves.
因此我们也需要举起象征性的重量,跑完象征性的一英里,通过训练来翻越生活中面对的那些高山。
And so we also need to lift metaphorical weights and run a metaphorical mile and train to get over those mountains that we're faced in our lives.
明白吗?
You know?
我认为记住这一点很重要。
And I think that's important to keep in mind.
就像回到舒适区这个话题,生活的关键似乎总是平衡,我觉得这同样适用于此。
Like, going back to comfort zones, the key to life always seems to be balance, and I think that applies here.
有时候待在舒适区里是美好、健康且重要的,但有时候逼自己走出舒适区也同样关键和有益。
Sometimes it's nice and healthy and important for us to be in our comfort zones, but sometimes it's also crucial and healthy for us to push ourselves out of our comfort zones.
事情就是这样。
That's just the way it is.
让我给你举些例子,说明走出舒适区如何促进成长。
Let me give you some examples of how going out of your comfort zone can cause growth.
好吗?
Okay?
第一个例子:即使你自己也害怕,仍然选择直面某人。
Example number one, confronting someone even though you're scared too.
可能对抗行为超出了你的舒适区范围。
Perhaps confrontation is out of your comfort zone.
也许你是个总想讨好别人的人。
Maybe you're a people pleaser.
如果你主动走出舒适区去面对挑战,未来你会成为更优秀的沟通者。
Well, if you push yourself out of your comfort zone and you confront, you'll become a better communicator moving forward.
多么美好的事情啊。
What a beautiful thing.
再举一个例子。
Another example.
第二个例子:承认自己生活中需要更多自律,这可能超出你的舒适区。
Example number two, Admitting to yourself that you need more discipline in your life can be out of your comfort zone.
也许自我反省会让你感到不适。
Perhaps self reflection is out of your comfort zone.
也许你习惯用外在事物分散注意力,这样就不必内省。
Perhaps you have a tendency to distract yourself with things outside of you so that you don't have to reflect inward.
但也许某天你会向自己承认:知道吗?
But perhaps one day, you admit to yourself, you know what?
我的生活需要更多自律。
I need more discipline in my life.
我最近一直觉得自己很糟糕。
I've been feeling kinda like shit about myself.
我的身体状况不太好。
I don't feel good physically.
比如我的作息时间一团糟。
Like, my sleep schedule sucks.
我的工作效率很低。
I don't get a lot of work done.
展开剩余字幕(还有 167 条)
就是,诸如此类。
Like, whatever.
也许某天你会走出舒适区进行自省,承认自己需要更多自律。
Perhaps one day you go out of your comfort zone and you self reflect, and you admit to yourself that you need more discipline.
从那里开始,你就能制定计划了。
From there, you'll be able to make a plan.
猜猜接下来会发生什么?
And guess what's gonna happen?
你会变成一个更自律的自己,在生活中拥有更健康的平衡。
You're gonna become a more disciplined version of yourself who has a healthier balance in your life.
通过这样做,你不仅会变得更自律,还会更善于对自己负责并做出生活改变。
Not only through that do you become more disciplined, but you also become better at holding yourself accountable and making changes in your life.
下次当你意识到需要自我反省、需要改变时,那种恐惧感会减轻。
The next time you start to realize that maybe you need to self reflect, something's gotta change, that's gonna be less scary.
事情会变得容易得多。
It's gonna be much easier.
第三个例子。
Example number three.
假设你鼓起勇气与不适合你的伴侣分手,尽管你害怕孤独。
Let's say you build up the courage to break up with your partner who isn't good for you even though you're afraid of being alone.
这真的很可怕。
That's really scary.
这超出了大多数人的舒适区。
That's out of most of our comfort zones.
但在那之后,你不仅会克服对孤独的恐惧,还会建立起对自己和决策能力的信心。
But on the other side of that, not only are you gonna overcome the fear of being alone, but you're gonna build confidence in yourself and in your decision making.
下次当你身处一段不健康的关系时,你就不会那么害怕离开。
And next time you're in a relationship that isn't serving you, you won't be as afraid to leave.
我确实认为我们必须走出舒适区才能成长。
I do think that we have to go out of our comfort zones to grow.
这很可怕,很糟糕,而且一点都不好玩。
And it's scary, and it sucks, and it's not fun.
那一刻,你会手心冒汗,胃部绞痛,甚至想哭。
And in the moment, your hands will be sweaty, and your stomach will hurt, and you'll wanna cry.
但下次面对同样的挑战时,情况会稍微轻松些。
But then the next time you're faced with that challenge, it'll be a little bit easier.
再下次面对同样的挑战时,又会更轻松一些。
And then the next time you're faced with that challenge, it'll be a little bit easier.
你的肌肉会不断成长,终将能攀登更高的山峰,直到你变得无比强大,相信自己能应对一切。
Your muscles will continue to grow, and then you'll be able to face bigger mountains and bigger mountains until you're so fucking strong that you believe that you can handle anything.
有人问:如何在生活中更专注当下?
Somebody said, how do I be more present in my life?
这期节目里我可能像张坏掉的唱片——但我越来越意识到,自我提升的关键往往就在于保持觉知和放慢节奏。
I'm gonna sound like a broken record in this episode, but I'm realizing when it comes to bettering ourselves, a lot of it is just mindfulness and slowing down.
所以我要重复今天已经说了二十遍的建议。
So I'm gonna give the same advice I've already given, like, 20 times today.
放慢脚步,多些觉知。
Slow down and be a little bit more mindful.
保持临在确实很难,因为过去和未来总是比当下更用力地攫取我们的注意力。
It can be really challenging to be present because the past and the future have a tendency to grasp onto our attention firmer than the present does.
过去和未来有种特殊的魔力。
Like, there's something about the past and the future.
我想是因为它们存在于我们的想象中。
I think it's the fact that they're in our imagination.
我们很容易对它们着迷。
It's easy to obsess over them.
听着。
Listen.
虽然我认为活在当下很重要,但分析过去和思考未来同样重要。
As much as I think it's important to be present, I also think it's important to analyze the past and to think about the future.
比如,你不能不这样做,因为如果忽视过去,就会错过历史能提供的教训。
Like, you can't not do that because if you ignore the past, then you'll ignore the lessons that the past has to offer.
而如果不去思考未来,就无法制定能让你为之奋斗的目标。
And if you don't think about the future, then you're not gonna be able to create goals that will give you something to work towards.
没有目标,人很难对生活保持动力和热情。
Without goals, it's very hard to feel motivated and excited about life.
你明白吗?
You know?
但我觉得,我们每个人都有想要在人生中实现的事情。
But, also, too, I think we all have things we wanna accomplish, you know, in our lives.
如果我们过于沉溺当下、过度享受此刻而完全不考虑未来,有时可能会变得有点懒惰。
And if we're too present and we're enjoying the moment too much and we're not thinking about the future at all, we can at times get a little lazy perhaps.
懂我意思吗?
You know?
所以关注过去与未来很重要,但当这种关注变成阻碍你活在当下的执念时就成了问题。
So it is important to pay attention to the past in the future, but it becomes a problem when it's an obsession that gets in the way of being present.
当你回望过去、展望未来时感到压力,这种状态就会形成阻碍。
It gets in the way when you look at the past and you look at the future and you feel stress.
你会感到烦躁。
You feel upset.
你会不堪重负。我认为活在当下最好的方式之一,就是不要在当下时刻刻意想着'我现在要专注当下,享受此刻'。
You feel overwhelmed, I think one of the best ways to be more present in life is to not in the moment, in the present moment, be like, I am going to be present right now and enjoy this moment.
现在听好。
Now listen.
这确实有用。
That does help.
明白了吗?
Okay?
活在当下并选择享受它确实能有所帮助。
Being mindful in a present moment and choosing to enjoy it can definitely help.
但我认为这并未触及问题的根源。
But I think that's not addressing the root of the issue.
我认为问题的根源在于对过去和未来的执着。
I think the root of the issue is an obsession with the past and the future.
所以我认为最好的处理方式是改善你与过去和未来的关系。
And so I think the best way to handle that is to improve your relationship with the past and the future.
审视你的过去。
Look at your past.
与其沉溺其中,总希望当初能做得不同,不如把它当作一位老师。
And instead of dwelling on it and wish wishing you could have done things differently, use it as a teacher.
把你的过去当作一位老师。
Use your past as a teacher.
接受过去的既定事实,让它像一位老师般温柔地存在于你的脑海中。
Accept your past for what it is, and let it sit in your brain softly as a teacher.
把它想象成一位和蔼可亲的老师,温暖的老师,你最喜欢的老师。
And think of it as, like, a nice teacher, a warm teacher, your favorite teacher.
不要将过去想象成拿着戒尺在教室里敲打课桌的刻薄老师,要把它看作一位善良、温暖、善解人意的老师。
Instead of thinking of the past as, like, this mean evil teacher who's, like, walking around the classroom smacking the desks with rulers, think of this teacher as, like, a a kind, warm, understanding teacher.
这个比喻会不会有点奇怪?
Is that a weird is that a weird metaphor?
这种思考方式会不会很奇怪?
Is that a weird way of thinking of it?
我不确定,但这就是我的理解方式。
I'm not sure, but that's kind of how I think of it.
沉湎过去和后悔毫无意义,因为木已成舟。
It's pointless to dwell on the past and regret because what's done is done.
因此要以积极的态度看待,接受过去的本来面目,让它使你成为更好的人,这有助于你与过去建立良好关系。
And so to put a positive spin on it, accept the past for what it is, and allow it to make you a better person, that can help your relationship with the past.
如果你允许过去给你教训,并借此成为更好的自己,你就会学会接受过去的本来面目,因为你将明白生命中发生的每件事都至关重要。
If you allow it to teach you things and through that, you become a better version of you, you'll learn to accept the past for what it is because you'll see that everything that's ever happened to you in your life was crucial.
这些经历必须发生,才能教会你宝贵的经验,让你在未来成为更好的人。
It had to happen to teach you valuable lessons that will make you a better person moving forward.
至于未来,我认为与未来建立健康关系的关键是制定合适的目标。
As for the future, I think the key to having a healthy relationship with your future is to make the right kind of goals.
我认为有时我们会过度执着于某个非常具体的未来图景。
I think at times, we can become obsessed with a very specific future.
比如:我要和这个人结婚,生两个孩子,一男一女。
Like, I'm gonna marry this person, and I'm gonna have two kids, one girl and one boy.
男孩要小一些,我还要养条狗,是金毛犬。
And the boy's gonna be younger, and then I'm gonna have a dog, and the dog is gonna be a golden retriever.
金毛会在院子里拉很多屎,我要住在一栋有四间卧室、三个半卫生间的房子里,而且必须是在这条街上。
And the golden retriever is gonna poop in the yard a lot, and then and I'm gonna live in a house that has exactly four bedrooms and three and a half bathrooms, and I'm gonna live on this street.
当你开始这样规划时...听着
And I'm gonna when you start doing all that listen.
我不想干涉任何人的具体实现方式,但我认为制定如此具体的目标有时会造成对未来的病态执着,因为你会变得像这样:某天你在动物收容所遇到一只让你心动的狗,但它不是你想象中的金毛,你就会想'这不是我想要的'而放弃。
I don't ever wanna get in the way of somebody's particular way of manifesting, but I do think that making hyper specific goals like that can sometimes create an obsession with the future that's unhealthy because then you become obsessed with getting like, it's like if one day you're at an animal shelter and you meet this dog that you fall in love with, but it's not the golden retriever that you imagined, you're like, well, that's not what I was manifesting, so maybe I shouldn't.
这就不是活在当下。
And that's not living in the present moment.
或许你以为自己注定要和某个人结婚。
Or perhaps maybe you thought you were gonna marry this one person.
也许你曾以为会和前任复合。
Maybe you thought you were gonna marry your ex.
你可能总想着'总有一天我们会重新在一起'。
Maybe you're like, one day, we'll be back together.
但某天在酒吧里,你遇见了这个新面孔。
But then one day at a bar, you meet this new person.
你会想,等等。
You're like, wait a minute.
我真的很喜欢这个人。
I really like this person.
但转念一想,又觉得这样不对,因为你看,我对未来有着非常明确的规划。
But then you're like, well, but I don't think that that's right because I, like, you know, I had this very particular plan about the future.
我认为制定目标时,既要足够模糊以容纳生活的变数,又要足够具体来确保人生方向,这非常重要。
I think it's really important to make goals that are vague enough to allow life to happen as it may, but also specific enough to be intentional with your life.
懂吗?
You know?
比如,你的目标可能是想要一段特定类型的恋爱关系,或许要有欢声笑语,也要有你喜欢的那种亲密方式。
Like, a goal might be that you wanna be in a particular kind of romantic relationship, perhaps one where there's laughing, but there's also perhaps a certain type of affection that you like.
或许还要有某些共同兴趣。
Perhaps there's a certain common interest.
比如你们都热爱旅行。
Like, you both love traveling.
或许你需要伴侣以某种特定方式滋养你,这样你们才能永远在一起。
Perhaps there's a certain type of way that you know you need to be nurtured by your partner if you're gonna be together forever.
在制定未来定居目标时,与其说'我要住在这条街和那条街的交叉口,必须是我在Zillow上收藏的那栋房子',
When it comes to making a goal of where you're gonna live one day, settle down instead of being like, I wanna live on this street and with this cross street, and I need to be in this house that I've always had saved to my Zillow.
不如说'我想要一个具有特定氛围的家'。
Instead, maybe it's like, I wanna be in a home that has this particular energy.
明白吗?
You know?
比如,可能是温暖舒适的祖母式老屋,或者你说想住在邻里关系紧密的社区,每月举办一次街区派对。
Like, maybe it's warm and cozy, like grandma's house, or maybe you say, wanna live somewhere where there's a really beautiful tight knit community, and we do block parties once a month.
你懂我意思吗?
Like, you know what I'm saying?
更灵活的目标。
More flexible goals.
我认为如果你正苦于无法活在当下,这会非常有帮助。
I think that that can be incredibly helpful if you're struggling with being present.
最后但同样重要的是,有人问:当我情绪被触发时,如何让自己平静下来?
Last but not least, somebody said, how do I calm myself down when I'm feeling triggered?
这种情绪太强烈了,我感觉自己快要崩溃了。
It's such a big feeling, and I feel like I'm gonna crash out.
但我想优雅地处理自己的情绪。
But I wanna handle myself with grace.
我即将第五十次给出同样的建议。
I'm about to give the same advice for the fiftieth time.
你必须放慢节奏,保持觉知。
You gotta slow down and be mindful.
说实话我觉得这建议最让人尴尬。
I think that's honestly the most cringe.
就像...这建议感觉特别空洞,因为太老生常谈了。
Like, it's it's such like a it feels like such empty advice because it feels cliche.
这建议显而易见,但确实就是真理。
It feels so obvious, but it's just simply true.
我认为很多时候当我们开始产生情绪时,肾上腺素会让我们深陷其中,只想全部发泄出来。
I think a lot of times when we start to feel emotions, we can get so wrapped up in the adrenaline that we just let it all out.
任其爆发。
Let it explode.
我们甚至不愿花片刻时间停下来,深呼吸,想想有没有更好的处理方式。
And we don't take any time to take a beat, take a breath, and figure out how to better handle it than that.
在那种时刻情绪会完全占据你,让人忍不住想全部发泄出来,这需要极大的意志力才能在爆发前及时制止。所以老实说,我的建议是当你感到烦躁快要爆发时,先给自己一点缓冲时间。
It's just so all consuming in a moment like that, and it's just so tempting to just let it all come out that it takes an immense amount of mental strength to be able to sort of stop it before it happens, which is why, honestly, my suggestion would be if you're feeling upset and you feel like it's about to explode out of you, take a beat to yourself.
就像说,嘿。
Be like, hey.
你知道吗?
You know what?
我能稍等一下吗?
Can I take a second?
我能稍微缓一下吗?
Can I just take a second?
出去走走吧。
Go walk outside.
去他妈的上个厕所。
Go sit on the fucking toilet.
休息一下。
Take a break.
做几次深呼吸。
Take deep breaths.
先冷静片刻,想想如何用非爆发性的方式表达你的感受。
Calm down a little bit and figure out how you can communicate what you're feeling without doing it in a way that's explosive.
明白吗?
You know?
就是如何既能尊重对方立场,又能坚定表达,同时准确传递你内心的真实情绪。
Like, how can you get your point across in a way that's respectful, but also firm, but also expresses the emotions that you're feeling properly.
对吧?
Right?
你并不是非要隐藏自己的情绪。
Like, you don't wanna hide your emotions necessarily.
你要找到那种平衡。
You wanna find that balance.
在我生命中有些时刻,当我感觉自己可能会做出令自己后悔的反应时,我会给自己一点缓冲时间。
And there have been times in my life where I've had to give myself a second if I feel like I'm gonna react in a way that I'm not proud of.
我认为长期目标是,经过一段时间的练习后,你最终不再需要刻意暂停。
And I think the long term goal is after doing that for a while, eventually, you won't need to go take a beat anymore.
你不再需要走到室外或坐在马桶上冷静。
You won't need to go walk outside or sit on the toilet.
你会自然而然地停下来,沉默片刻,然后找到让你引以为豪的沟通方式。
It'll just come naturally to stop, be silent for a second, and figure out how to communicate in a way that you'll be proud of.
但这一切都归结于放慢节奏。
But it all comes down to slowing down.
比如,在那种情况下脱口而出第一反应,你可能会后悔。
Like, if you say the first thing that comes to your mind in a moment like that, you might regret it.
我的另一个建议是:假装直到你真正做到。
My other piece of advice would be to fake it till you make it.
假装你不生气。
Fake that you're not angry.
我的意思是,你仍然可以表达愤怒,但要假装你不会爆发。
Well, I mean, you can still express anger, but, like, fake that you're not explosive.
假装优雅从容。
Fake being graceful.
假装镇定自若。
Fake being composed.
去假装。
Fake it.
去表演。
Act.
我觉得这完全没问题。
I think that's totally fine.
我这辈子做过很多次这种事。
I've done that many times in my life.
我曾经气得要死,但我都假装没事。
I've been so fucking pissed, but I've just pretended like I wasn't.
奇怪的是,最后假装的反而会变成真的。
And it's weird because it actually ends up becoming real.
就像你哭着照镜子时突然微笑,反而能止住眼泪。
It's almost like when you're crying and then you look in the mirror and you smile, makes you stop crying.
即使你并不快乐,但这样能稍微缓解负面情绪。
Even though you don't feel happy, it relaxes those negative emotions a little bit.
虽然你可能并不开心,但在哭泣时对着镜子微笑确实能让你好受些。
And even though you might not be thrilled, there's something about smiling in the mirror when you're crying that makes you feel a little bit better.
我认为在你描述的这种时刻,也会发生类似的情况。
And I think a similar thing can happen in a moment like you're describing.
你知道,当你情绪失控时。
You know, you get upset.
你想爆发。
You wanna explode.
假装自己很优雅。
Pretend that you're graceful.
假装你不想爆发。
Pretend that you don't wanna explode.
虽然你内心可能还是想爆发,但感觉会稍微轻松些。
And and you still might feel a little bit like you wanna explode inside, but it might feel a little bit easier.
这就是我今天要给大家的全部建议。
That's all the advice I have for you all today.
希望大家喜欢这次的内容。
I hope that you all enjoyed this.
也许你们从中获得了一些价值。
Maybe you found some value in it.
也许没有。
Maybe you didn't.
也许你们听着听着就睡着了。
Maybe you just fell asleep while listening.
无论情况如何。
Whatever whatever the case may be.
能和大家共度这段时光,我真的很开心。
I'm just happy I got to spend this time with you all.
一如既往,这总是令人愉悦。
As always, it's such a pleasure.
我爱你们所有人。
I love you all.
非常感谢大家。
I appreciate you all.
《随心所欲》新集每周四和周日更新。
New episodes of anything goes every Thursday and Sunday.
像这样的建议专场每隔一周的周日更新,如果喜欢本期内容请记得收听。
New episodes of advice session like this one every other Sunday, so tune in for that if if you like this episode.
《随心所欲》在所有播客平台都能收听。
Anything Goes is everywhere you stream podcasts.
如果想观看视频版,请前往YouTube和Spotify。
But if you wanna watch a video, you gotta go on YouTube and Spotify.
《随心所欲》的社交媒体账号是Anything Goes。
Anything Goes is on social media at Anything Goes.
我在网上以Emma Chamberlain的身份活跃,我的咖啡品牌Chamberlain Coffee也在网络和现实世界中存在。
I'm on the Internet at Emma Chamberlain, and my coffee company is on the Internet and in the world at Chamberlain Coffee.
我爱你们所有人。
I love you all.
我真心感谢大家。
I appreciate you all.
说实话,今天录制时我有点脑雾。
I had a bit of brain fog today, if I'm being honest, recording this.
我脑子里有很多想法在打转。
I got a lot of thoughts throw scrolling around in my head.
我们晚点再聊这个。
We'll talk about it later.
关于我今天为什么会有脑雾的问题,我们会在另一期节目里详细讨论,敬请期待。
The we'll get into why I'm I have brain fog today in another episode, so just stay tuned for that.
我爱你们。
I love you all.
感谢你们每一个人。
I appreciate you all.
谢谢你们的陪伴,我们过几天再聊。
Thank you for hanging out, and I'll talk to you in a few days.
再见。
Bye.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。