本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
大家好,你们这群人。
Good day, you mob.
最近怎么样?
How's it going?
我是皮特,你们的主持人,这是另一期《澳大利亚英语》。
I am Pete, your host, and this is another episode of Aussie English.
欢迎收听这个播客,朋友们。
Welcome to this podcast, guys.
这里是任何想学习澳大利亚英语的人的首选之地。
This is the number one place for anyone and everyone wanting to learn Australian English.
今天,我想和大家聊聊我最近遇到的一件有趣的事。
Today, I thought we could have a little chat about an interesting thing that happened to me recently.
我遭遇了一场车祸,我想,也许我可以在这档播客中分享当时发生的情况,以及我们之后不得不采取的措施,以帮助你们中可能或不可能在未来遭遇轻微——希望是轻微——或严重车祸的人。
I was in a car accident and I thought, you know, I could probably share what happened on the podcast as well as what we had to do afterwards in order to help any of you guys who may or may not end up in car accidents minor, hopefully minor or major in the future.
那么,到底发生了什么?
So, yeah, what happened?
我当时正开车送妻子去上班,女儿也坐在车里。
So I was driving home from dropping my wife off at work and my daughter was in the car with me.
我们正沿着王子公路驶向吉朗。
And we were driving down the Prince's Highway into Geelong.
事实上,我们当时正在吉朗转入王子公路。
In fact, we were turning onto the Prince's Highway in Geelong.
我记得我刚过了一座桥,然后准备转弯上高速公路。
And I remember I had been crossing this bridge to then sort of take this turn to then get onto the highway.
我看到后面有个人在变道,开得特别快,还突然变道,我心里想:天啊,这人真是个飙车狂。
And I saw this guy sort of changing lanes behind me and kind of driving really very quickly and, you know, abruptly changing lanes Been thinking, gosh, okay, this guy's a bit of a hoon.
然后我到了一个汇入高速的减速车道,也就是让行道。
And anyway, so I got to there's like a slip lane, a giveaway kind of lane, slip lane thing where you merge with the highway.
我驶到那里时,往右边看了看,检查是否有车过来,确实有车。
And I got to that and was looking to my right checking out the traffic if there were any cars coming and there were.
所以我不得不减速。
So I had to sort of slow down.
就在我这么做时,那家伙撞上了我的车尾,砰的一声,直接撞上了车后部。
And as I did that, the guy went into my back end, you know, bang, just went into the back of the car.
他开的是一辆大型四驱车,而我开的是一辆小型现代伊兰特,就是那种小型掀背车。
And he was in a big four wheel drive and I drive at the moment a small Hyundai I 30 type car, you know, so a little hatchback car.
所以车尾被撞得够呛。
So it did a number on the back.
车尾被撞得惨不忍睹。
It did a huge job of smashing the back end.
不知为什么,车窗没碎,但整个后尾门底部都凹陷了,后保险杠也完全凹陷并被推了进去。
For some reason, the window didn't smash but the entire back hatch kind of door was caved in at the bottom and the back bumper bar was completely caved in and pushed forward.
所以,是的,车的后部彻底毁了。
So, yeah, the back of the car was stuffed.
那我该怎么办呢?
So what did I do?
挺搞笑的。
It was funny.
这是一种情况,如果你问我,如果有人在你车上载着女儿的时候撞上你车尾,你觉得你会有什么反应?
It was one of those things where if you'd asked me, what do you think your reaction would be if someone drove into the back of you whilst you had your daughter in the car?
我想我会告诉别人,我会立刻下车,疯狂地大喊大叫,喊到脸红脖子粗,问那个人:你疯了吗?
I think I would tell them that I would get out of the car and yell like crazy, you know, yell until I was red in the face at this person, you know, what the hell, man?
你在干什么?
What are you doing?
你在想什么?
What are you thinking?
我觉得他可能在玩手机,没注意看路,所以才撞上了我的车尾。
Because I reckon he was probably on his phone and he wasn't watching and that was why he drove into the back of me.
他可能没注意到我停下了,但即使如此,我们确实……
He probably didn't notice that I had stopped and just But even though we were Yeah.
我们当时在一条非常非常繁忙的道路上。
We were- We went on a really, really busy road.
所以,我不确定。
So, I don't know.
我不知道他在做什么,但他显然分心了。
I don't know what he was doing, but he was clearly distracted.
所以,是的,我以为我会冲出去,对这个人疯狂大喊,甚至可能骂他几句什么的。
So, yeah, I thought, you know, I would have thought that I would get out and yell like crazy at this person, maybe even swear at them or something.
但这很有趣。
But it was funny.
我有点为自己感到骄傲。
I was sort of proud of myself.
我第一个反应是下车去问他:你还好吗?
The first reaction I had was getting out of the car and just saying, are you okay?
你知道的,关心一下那个人。
You know, checking on the person.
那是个年轻人。
And it was a young guy.
我就只是说:嗯,你没事吧?
And I was just like, yeah, are you alright?
你受伤了吗?
Are you injured?
有点生气又沮丧,但又有点愤怒,不过他没事。
Sort of like half half annoyed and frustrated and half angry, but he was alright.
奇怪的是,他对我说:‘我以前也这么干过。’
And the weird thing was that he said to me, oh, I've done this before.
我当时就想:你为啥要跟我说这个啊,哥们?
I'm like, why would you tell me that, man?
好吧。
Like Alright.
所以,不管怎样,我们出事故了。
So anyway, we've been in an accident.
接下来你该怎么办?
What do you do next?
所以我们把车停到路边,然后我下车问他是否安好,一切都还好吗。
So we pulled over we pulled over and then that was when I got out and asked if he was alright and everything.
所以我们把车停到了路边。
So we got off the road.
我检查了我和他的车的损坏情况,并向他索要了驾照。
I checked the damage on my car, on his car, and I asked him for his licence.
通常情况下,你都会这么做。
So now typically that's what you would do.
我拿出手机,要求他发一张驾照的照片给他,他照做了。
I got my phone out and I asked for his licence or for him to send me a picture of his licence and he did.
我还问了他的名字,以及其他相关信息。
I asked for his name, everything like that.
显然,这些信息也都在驾照上。
Obviously, it's on the licence too.
我拍了我车后部的照片。
I took a photo of the back of my car.
我拍了他车前部的照片,这样我也有了他的行驶证。
I took a photo of the front of his car so that I also had his registration.
我还偷偷拍了他一张照片,以便留下当时驾驶员的证据。
I also took a cheeky photo of him so that I had like evidence of whoever the driver was at the time.
因为你永远不知道会发生什么。
So because you just never know.
这个人说:‘我会联系我的保险公司,他们会联系你,然后你就可以安排修车了。’
This person, he was like, oh, I'll contact my insurance, they'll contact you and then you'll be able to organise fixing everything.
但你永远不知道,他可能给我假驾照,提供假名字,车可能是偷的,车牌是假的,谁知道呢,或者是别人的车。
But you never know, you know, he could be sending me a fake licence, he could be giving me a fake name, the car could be stolen, the number plates could be fake, dunno, I you know, or someone else's.
所以你永远不知道会发生什么,因此我才拍了这么多照片,尽量保持谨慎。
So you never know what can happen, hence taking all these photos and trying to be cautious.
我做了所有这些之后,就回家给保险公司打了电话。
So did all of that, went home and I called my insurance company.
事实上,我觉得我现在打保险公司电话太烦人了,因为你必须在电话里一步步操作,比如按1想和某人通话,按3想做某事。
In fact, I think I called my insurance company and they're so annoying now because you have to go through all those steps on the the phone, you know, press 1 if you would like to talk to blah or if you would like to do this, press 3.
我正按流程操作,结果最后却说:‘如果你愿意,可以在线填写理赔申请。’
And I was going through that process and then at the end it's like, you can fill out a claim online if you'd like.
我只是想,好吧。
I was just like, okay.
那可能更快一些。
That's probably gonna be quicker.
所以,我上了保险公司的网站,开始填写索赔表,输入所有细节,包括发生了什么之类的,以便推进这边的流程。
So anyway, I went on to the insurance company's website and started filling out a claim, putting all the details in, what had happened, everything like that just to get the process going on that side.
我不太确定,因为我从未经历过事故。
I wasn't really sure because I've never been in an accident.
我开了二十年车,一直没出过事故,直到现在,说起来还挺有意思的。
I've been dry driving for twenty years and I've never been in an accident till till now, interestingly enough.
但我不确定是我该联系保险公司走流程,还是他会联系我,由他们来处理一切。
But I wasn't sure if I needed to contact my insurance company and go through them or if his were gonna contact me and they would deal with it all.
我不清楚接下来会发生什么。
I wasn't sure what was gonna happen.
我之前没经历过这个过程。
I hadn't been through this process.
结果我发现,我真正要做的只是等对方的保险公司联系我,他们会处理一切。
It turns out all that I really had to do was wait for his insurance company to contact me and they would deal with everything.
但我还是会尽量把整个故事讲一遍。
But I'll I'll try and explain the story anyway.
嗯,是的。
Just Yeah.
这可能会有点让人困惑。
It may be a bit confusing.
所以我联系了我的公司。
So I went through my company.
我把所有信息都提供了给他们。
I gave them all the information.
我选择了一个可以修车的地点。
I chose a location where I could have the car repaired.
所以,事情是这样的,你把所有细节都填到网站上。
So, like, what what happens is you put all of the details into the website.
它会问你事故发生在哪儿?
It'll ask you where did it happen?
事故是什么时候发生的?
What time did it happen?
车的哪个部位受损了?
Which part of the car is damaged?
你能上传汽车和损坏部位的照片吗?
Can you upload photos of the car and the damage?
另一名司机的车牌号是多少?
What was the other driver's registration?
他们开的是什么车型?
What type of car were they driving?
你能描述一下当时发生了什么吗?
Can you explain what happened?
所有类似的信息。
Everything like that.
然后你提交它。
And then you submit it.
最后,我认为会有一个选项让你选择维修地点,因为这些保险公司只与特定的维修店合作,而不是任何地方的任意修理工或钣金工。
And at the end, I think there was like a choose your location to have the car repaired because these insurance companies work with certain groups, not just any kind of repairman or panel beater around the place.
你必须选择他们合作的那些店。
You've got to choose ones that they work with.
有一家离我大约二十分钟车程,我最终选择了那里。
And there was one about twenty minutes away that I ended up choosing to go with.
所以我有能力在一两天内把车送去那里,这很好。
And so I had the ability to drop the car off there within a, I think, day or two which was good.
因为,是的,他们显然会接所有送来的维修单。
Because, yeah, they obviously just take all the jobs that come through.
所以我这么做了。
So I did that.
几天后,我接到一家公司的电话,我想叫Open Insurance或者AA Insurance之类的,或者某种中介公司。
And then a few days later I got a call from a company called, I think it was like Open Insurance or AA Insurance or something or some kind of company that is like the middleman.
他们负责与对方的保险公司以及我的保险公司沟通。
And they deal with the insurance company of the other person and then and me.
所以他们给我打电话,问我:‘你的车有没有安排好维修的地方?’
So they call me up and they're like, have you gotten your car, you know, organised to be repaired anywhere?
我跟他们说明了情况。
And I told them about the situation.
他们的系统里有所有数据,所以查看我的车时就能看到相关信息。
They've got all the data on their system so they can see when they look at my car.
他们可以看到车在哪里维修,以及是我让我的保险公司处理的。
They could see where it was getting repaired and that I had got my insurance company to do it.
所以我需要把理赔从我的保险公司转到对方的保险公司。
So what I had to do was switch it over from my insurance company to the other guy's insurance company.
我就通过这家中间公司完成了这个操作。
And I just did that with this company that was the sort of middleman.
于是我告诉他们:把理赔转给对方的保险公司,就是那个有责任的人的保险公司,这样我就不用付免赔额,我的保险费率也不会上涨。
So I just said to them, make it the other insurance company, the one the guy who's at fault, make it them who deal with it so that I don't have to pay excess and my insurance premiums won't go up.
好的。
Okay.
所以我这么做了,把车送去了。
So I did that, took the car in.
附近一家钣金店的工作人员说,大概需要两到三周才能修好,毕竟他手上已经有很多活了。
The guy at the panel beater place nearby was like, it'll probably be two or three weeks turnaround time, obviously, because he's got a lot of work on already.
他得订购零件之类的。
He has to order in parts, everything like that.
那个中间人保险公司协调人员给我安排了一辆代步车,真是太棒了。
The middleman insurance company organiser people, they organised an a hire car for me which was really cool.
我想我通过一家叫Sixt的公司租的,S-I-X-T,服务非常好。
So I think I went through a company called Sixt, s I x t, and it was really good.
他们处理得特别快,我一把车送去维修,他们就已经和Sixt租车点安排好了,我当天就能去取代步车。
They did it really quickly where as soon as I dropped my car off to be repaired, they had set it up with the Sixt company rental car place place that I could just go in that same day and get the rental car.
那是一辆丰田雅力士混动版,Cross型号之类的,非常好。
And it was a Toyota Yaris Hybrid, a Cross or something like that, which was really good.
实际上,这辆车比我们的车好多了,而且是混合动力,油耗特别低。
It was actually It was way better than our car and it was a hybrid, so it was so cheap for fuel.
我们加一次油大概只要35美元左右,就能跑700公里。
We got like, I think you could fill it up on about $35 worth of petrol and it did like 700 kilometres per tank.
我简直不敢相信。
I couldn't believe it.
所以,没错,混合动力车现在特别流行。
So, yeah, hybrid cars, they're all the rage.
所以,我大概用了这辆车几周时间。
So, yeah, pretty much used that car for a few weeks.
大约三周后,我们接到了电话,说车已经修好了,可以去取了。
And eventually after I think it was about three weeks, we got the call just saying your car's ready to go.
明天这个时候来取车就行。
Just come pick it up tomorrow at this time.
幸运的是,归还租车的日子正好就是那天。
I had to Fortunately, it was on the day that I had to return the hire car.
否则,公司就得延长租车期限。
Otherwise, the company would have had to extend the hire period.
于是我归还了租车,然后安排父母帮忙去取修好的车。
So I dropped off the hire car and then organised with my parents to help me go and grab the car that had been repaired.
车修得跟新的一样,你知道的,车尾部分,所有面板的颜色都和车的其他部分完全匹配。
And it was fixed good as new, you know, the whole The back of the car, everything, the colour of the panels and everything matched everything else on the car.
根本看不出来出过事故。
You would never have known anything had happened.
所以,是的,简直太棒了。
So it was, yeah, absolutely beautiful.
没怎么让人头疼。
Not too much of a headache.
唯一真正让人头疼的是,我得安排好还车、修车,然后租一辆代步车,到处跑着处理这些事。
The only real part of it that was the headache was the fact that I had to organise, you know, dropping the car off, having it repaired and then getting a hire car, you know, and having to sort of run around and do all that.
还有就是,开着一辆后部凹陷的车在街上开了大约一周,感觉挺丢脸的,直到我们把它修好。
As well as the embarrassment of kind of driving this car around with a caved in back for about a week or so before we could get it fixed.
这有点尴尬。
That was kind of embarrassing.
但你能怎么办呢?
But what can you do?
但你能怎么办呢?
What can you do?
总之,这就是整个过程,各位。
Anyway, so that was sort of the process, guys.
我想总结一下:发生了事故后,我获取了对方的信息、车牌号和驾照,拍了照片,联系了我的保险公司,不过他们的保险公司已经先联系了他们,然后他们又联系了我。
I guess to sort of dot point it, had the accident, got the person's information, their registration, their licence, took photos, contacted my insurance company, although their insurance company was contacted by them and then they contacted me.
我取消了与我保险公司的对接,转而通过他们的保险公司处理。
I cancelled dealing with my insurance company and went through their insurance company.
我通过保险公司安排了一家本地维修店,所有费用都由他们承担。
Found a local repair place for the car that was organised through the insurance company, they paid for everything.
他们为我安排了代步车,所有费用也都由他们支付。
They organised a hire car for me, they paid for everything there.
然后我开着租赁车开了几周,直到我的车修好可以取回,整个过程非常轻松。
And then I drove the hire car around for a few weeks until my car was fixed and ready to be picked up, and it was effortless.
我想提一下关于租赁车的一点:当你拿到租赁车时,他们自己会拍照片,但他们建议你也拍一些,以便记录你拿到车之前是否存在任何损伤。
The only thing I guess I would mention here with the hire cars, what I didn't do is when you get the hire car, they they take photos of the car themselves, but they recommend you do as well just to sort of document whether or not there's damage done to the the hire car before you got it.
我归还车的时候没有这么做。
When I returned the car I didn't do that.
所以我心想,应该没什么问题。
So I I was like, oh, it'll be fine.
他们拍了照片。
They took the photos.
我归还车时,他们发现车身上有一处划痕。
When I returned the car, they found a scratch on one of the panels.
如果你在使用期间对车造成了任何损伤,免赔额大约是1500美元。
And if you've done anything to the car whilst you have it, the excess is like $1,500.
你需要支付大约1500美元,让他们来修理车辆。
It's something like $1,500 that you have to pay for them to fix the car.
所以我心想:天啊,又要来了。
So I was like, oh god, here we go.
这到底是怎么发生的?
Like, how did this happen?
我不记得这车上有过划痕。
I don't remember putting a scratch on this car.
我什么都没做,但我不想花1500块该死的美元给这家公司修车。
Didn't do anything, but I don't want to have to pay 1,500 bloody dollars to this company for them to repair it.
不过幸运的是,他们多次拍摄了这辆车的照片,每次车被租出去或借出去时都会拍。
Anyway, so what they did was fortunately they had taken photos of this car multiple times, each time it had gone out to, you know, someone hiring it or renting it or whatever.
他们发现划痕早在之前的某张照片里就有了。
And they saw that the scratch had been on one of the earlier photos.
所以最后我顺利脱身,没惹上任何麻烦。
So I got away without, you know, any drama in the end.
但我还是得等了大约半小时,他们处理这件事的时候,我一直在想:天啊。
But I had to wait around for like half an hour as they were dealing with that and the whole time sort of thinking, oh, god.
所以,我给租租车的唯一建议是,无论你是因事故租车,还是因为旅行等原因租车,都要尽可能详细地拍下车子外部的照片,这样如果以后他们说这里有个划痕要你赔偿,你就可以对照照片快速确认是否真的是你造成的,然后及时解决。
So my only piece of advice there with hire cars, whether it- whether or not you're hiring the car because of, you know, an accident or for whatever reason, you know, you're travelling around, take photos of it as detailed as you can around the outside just to be sure that if later on they're like, oh, there's a mark here that you need to pay for, you can look at the photos and check whether or not you actually did the damage damage quickly and then obviously sort it out one way or another.
总之,希望你们喜欢这期节目。
Anyway, so hopefully you've enjoyed this episode, guys.
希望它能给你们提供一些信息,让你们了解澳大利亚这个流程是如何运作的。
Hopefully, you know, it gives you a bit of information, you know how this process kind of works in Australia.
好了,我们下期节目再见。
And yeah, I'll see you in the next episode.
再见。
Cheers.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。