本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
你原本以为那里会很安静,可能是海滩、商店或一家本地咖啡馆。
You overhead somewhere thinking it'll be pretty quiet, maybe the beach, the shops or a local cafe.
但你一到那里,就意识到自己完全判断错了。
And the moment you get there, you realise you've completely misjudged it.
根本没地方停车。
There's no parking.
门口排起了长队。
There's a line out the door.
孩子们像疯了一样到处乱跑。
Kids running around like mad.
到处都是狗。
Dogs everywhere.
你站在那里想,怎么全镇的人偏偏在同一时间想到了同样的地方?
And you're standing there thinking, how did everyone in town have the exact same idea at the exact same time?
如果能有一个简单的表达方式,一个简短的习语,完美地概括这种情况,那就太好了。
It'd be great if there were a simple expression, one short idiom that summed up this whole situation perfectly.
对吧?
Right?
其实有一个表达,我今天这期就教给你。
Well, there is, and I'm going to teach you it in today's episode.
我们开始吧。
Let's get into it.
哎呀呀。
Well well.
大家好啊。
Good day, you mob.
欢迎来到澳大利亚英语。
Welcome to Aussie English.
我是你们的主持人皮特。
I'm your host, Pete.
我的目标是教你们在澳洲使用的英语。
And my objective here is to teach you guys the English spoken down under.
所以,无论你是想说得像一个地道的澳大利亚人,还是只是想弄明白我们聊天时到底在说什么,你都来对地方了。
So whether you wanna sound like a fair dinkum Aussie or you just wanna understand what the flipping hell we're on about when we're having a yarn, you've come to the right place.
所以放松一下,喝杯茶,享受澳大利亚英语吧。
So sit back, grab a cuppa, and enjoy Aussie English.
我们开始吧。
Let's go.
你好啊,各位。
G'day, you mob.
最近怎么样?
How's it going?
欢迎来到本期的澳大利亚英语节目。
Welcome to this episode of Aussie English.
我是你们的主持人皮特,希望你今天过得棒极了。
I'm your host, Pete, and I hope you're having an awesome day.
这档播客专为任何想学习澳大利亚英语的人打造。
This is the podcast that is designed for anyone and everyone wanting to learn Australian English.
我差点忘了说这句标语,以防你忘了。
I almost forgot to say the tagline, just in case you forgot.
对吧?
Right?
以防你忘了这个播客是做什么的,目标受众是谁。
Just in case you forgot what this podcast is for, who it's aimed at helping.
那我最近都在忙些什么呢?
So, what have I been up to?
今天真是挺有意思的一天。
Today has been an interesting day.
我做了根管治疗的后半部分,也就是根管手术——当你有一颗坏死的牙齿被感染时做的牙科手术。
I had the second half of a root canal transplant or root canal procedure, one of the dental procedures when you've got a dead tooth that gets infected.
所以,简而言之,我小时候戴过牙套。
So, long story short, when I was a kid, I had braces.
牙套刚戴上时,我的牙齿都还是活的。
When they went on, my teeth were all alive.
取下牙套后,其中一颗牙就死了。
And when they came off, one of them was dead.
不知道怎么发生的,也不知道为什么,但事实就是这样。
Don't know how, don't know why, but that was the case.
当时没有任何问题。
Didn't have any issues.
所以,这颗牙安安静静地待了二十年,一直都没事。
So, for twenty years that tooth just sat there and was fine.
当时没有任何问题。
Didn't have any issues.
但大约两个月前,我突然发现牙龈上长了一个小脓包,这表明牙根感染了,这可不是好事。
But all of a sudden, about two months ago, I noticed a little pimple on my gum which suggested that the tooth root was infected, which is not good.
而且,我漱口时牙齿周围还出现了敏感反应。
And I also had sensitivity around the tooth when I was washing my mouth out with water.
于是我心想:糟了。
So, I was like, uh-oh.
我去看了牙医,他们说,是的,你需要做根管治疗,不然这颗牙就得拔掉,否则你会有其他问题。
Went to the dentist and they were like, yeah, you need a root canal done on your tooth or it'll just have to be pulled, you know, you'll have other problems.
你可能会得脓肿,甚至引发血液感染。
You'll get an abscess, you could get a blood infection.
所以,总之,我做了这个治疗。
So, anyway, yeah, did that.
今天我把剩下的部分也做完了。
Had the rest of it done today.
他们分两次进行的。
So, they did it in two halves.
第一次是清理牙根内部,然后放入消毒剂和抗生素,再封起来。
They did the first half of like cleaning it out and everything and then putting disinfectant and antibiotics in there, sealing it up.
他们在十二月做了第一次。
They did that in December.
今天我又回去,他们完成了第二次治疗,收尾工作。
And then today I went back and they did the second half of finishing it off.
不过,我有一个建议。
But yeah, one suggestion I have.
我的牙齿因为已经坏死,所以不需要麻醉,因为牙齿里面已经没有活的神经了,不会疼。
So, my tooth, because it was dead, I didn't need anaesthetic because obviously there's no nerve that's alive inside the tooth, so it doesn't hurt.
但我还是强烈建议在第二阶段至少打一针麻醉,因为他们会用一个夹子夹住你的牙齿,还会用一种蓝色的塑料材料把牙齿和口腔其他部分隔离开。
However, I would totally suggest getting one at least for the second half of the procedure because they put a clamp over your tooth and they use this kind of like blue plastic to isolate the tooth from the rest of your mouth.
我猜这是为了防止感染,或者避免细菌在他们操作时进入牙齿。
I assume it's to protect it from getting infected or having bacteria go into the tooth while they're doing what they're doing.
总之,最疼的是那个夹子,因为它夹在你的牙龈上。
Anyway, the clamp is the thing that hurt the most because they put it over your gum, it clamps onto your gum.
当他们施加压力并移动夹子时,天哪。
And when they were putting pressure on that and moving it around, oh, my God.
所以,如果你们将来需要做根管治疗,而医生说你的牙齿已经坏死了,
So, yeah, in future, you guys need to get a root canal and they're like, your tooth's dead.
那就不需要麻醉。
You don't need anaesthetic.
就打麻药吧。
Just get the anaesthetic.
所以,总之,欢迎来到这一集,朋友们。
So anyway, welcome to this episode, guys.
今天的表达是一个经典的澳大利亚说法:每个人和他的狗。
Today's expression is a classic Aussie one, every man and his dog.
我不知道你们之前有没有听过这个说法。
I wonder if you've heard this one before.
每个人和他的狗。
Every man and his dog.
不过,在我们深入之前,别忘了可以免费获取这一集的PDF文件。
Before we get into it, though, don't forget that you can grab a free PDF for this episode.
所以,通过描述中的链接下载PDF,或者直接访问澳大利亚英语网站aussieenglish.com.au。
So, a downloadable PDF via the link in the description or just head over to the Aussie English website, aussieenglish.com.au.
找到这一集,你就可以从页面上下载了。
Look for this episode and you'll be able to download it from the page there.
它会包含我们讨论的不同词汇的信息、定义、笑话以及最后的练习。
It'll have information about the different words we talk about, defining it, the joke and the exercise at the end.
如果你想获取本集的完整文字稿,以便边听边阅读我说的每一个字,这属于高级播客会员服务,你可以在 aussieenglish.com.au/podcast 上订阅。
If you want the full transcript of this episode so that you can listen to it and read every single word that I am saying, this is part of the premium podcast membership, which you can get access to at aussieenglish.com.au/podcast.
一旦你注册,你不仅支持了这个播客和我的工作,帮助我维持运营,还能访问超过1300集其他节目、文字稿、独家附加内容、高级播客播放器,让你边听边读,等等所有功能。
When you sign up to that, you not only support the podcast and what I do here and help me keep the lights on, you also get access to over 1,300 other episodes, their transcripts, bonus episodes, the premium podcast player so you can listen and read at the same time, everything like that.
所以,去了解一下吧。
So, go check it out.
试一试吧。
Give it a go.
网址是 aussieenglish.com.aupodcast。
It is at aussieenglish.com.aupodcast.
链接也会在描述中提供。
The link will also be in the description.
所以,去吧,伙计们。
So, slap the bird, guys.
我们来听今天的笑话吧。
Let's get into the joke of the day.
好的。
Alright.
你准备好了吗?
Are you ready for this?
它们总是很搞笑。
They're always crackers.
对吧?
Right?
希望你喜欢这个笑话。
I hope you enjoy it.
好吧。
Okay.
为什么狗坐在阴凉处?
Why did the dog sit in the shade?
为什么狗坐在阴凉处?
Why did the dog sit in the shade?
因为它不想变成热狗。
Because it didn't want to be a hot dog.
你明白吗?
You get it?
不想变成热狗。
Didn't want to be a hot dog.
对吧?
Right?
这个笑话之所以好笑,是因为文字游戏,特别是对“热狗”一词的双关。
So, the joke works because of wordplay, specifically a pun on the phrase hot dog.
对。
Right.
热狗可以指夹在面包里的香肠,如果你在澳大利亚,可能还会加洋葱和酱料。
A hot dog could be a sausage that you put in a bun and you might add onions and sauce if you're in Australia.
如果你在Bunnings,也许你会把它放在一片面包里。
Maybe you'll put it in a piece of bread if you're at Bunnings.
那就是热狗。
That's a hot dog.
嗯,在这里它就是香肠配面包,但美国人会叫它热狗。
Well, I guess it's a sausage and bread here, but Americans would call it a hot dog.
但热狗也可能指一只没有坐在阴凉处的狗。
But a hot dog could also be a dog that's, you know, not sitting in the shade.
我差点说成‘不在阴凉处拉屎’了。
I almost said not shitting in the shade.
也许它也在做那个,我想。
Could be doing that as well, I guess.
在阴凉处拉屎。
Shitting in the shade.
坐在阴凉处又拉屎。
Sitting and shitting in the shade.
好吧。
Alright.
我们跑题了。
We're getting distracted.
但没错,如果是因为天气热才叫热狗,那它可能想坐在阴凉处。
But yeah, so obviously if it's a hot dog because it's a hot day, it might want to sit in the shade.
所以,为什么狗坐在阴凉处?
So, Why did the dog sit in the shade?
因为它不想当热狗。
Because it didn't want to be a hot dog.
真妙啊。
What a cracker.
真妙啊。
What a cracker.
挺好的,对吧?
That was good, wasn't it?
不管怎样,这还挺逗的。
It was good for a bit of a giggle anyway.
好的。
Okay.
那么,和往常一样,我们来逐一分析今天要学习的这个表达中的各个词语。
So, now as usual, let's go through the different words in the expression that we're going to tackle today.
每个人和他的狗。
Every man and his dog.
每个。
Every.
这是一个限定词。
This is a determiner.
它指代一个群体中的所有成员,毫无例外。
It refers to all members of a group without exception.
对吧?
Right?
每一个。
Every single one.
每个学生都通过了考试。
Every student passed the exam.
没有人不及格。
No one failed.
每个人都通过了考试。
Everyone passed the exam.
每个学生。
Every student.
男人,这是一个名词。
Man, this is a noun.
在原始短语中,传统上指男性。
Traditionally refers to a person, only male in the original phrase.
对。
Right.
但在这里它指的是每个人。
But here it means everyone.
当你说到‘every man and his dog’这个表达时,它只是意味着每个人。
When you say every man and his dog in this expression, it just means everyone.
它并不是真的只指男性。
It's not literally just men.
这是一个用于连接词语或短语的连词。
And this is a conjunction used to connect words or phrases.
对吧?
Right?
我买了苹果和橙子。
I bought apples and oranges.
他的,是‘he’的所有格代词,表示属于他。
His, a possessive pronoun for he belonging to him.
例如,他忘了带他的钥匙。
Example, he forgot his keys.
最后,是狗。
And lastly, a dog.
我相信你知道狗是什么。
I am sure you know what a dog is.
至少我希望你知道。
At least I hope you do.
如果你听懂了我在这期节目中说的全部内容,却还问‘狗是什么?’,那可就有趣了。
It'd be interesting if you understood everything I was saying on this episode and you were like, what's a dog?
如果你的英语水平是这样,那确实是个有趣的处境。
That would be an interesting situation to be in with your English.
狗是一种常被当作宠物或伴侣饲养的家养动物。
It's a domesticated animal often kept as a pet or companion, a dog.
他们的狗喜欢散步。
Their dog loves going for walks.
好的。
Okay.
那么,'every man and his dog' 这个表达是什么意思呢?
So, what does the expression every man and his dog mean?
我想知道你是否知道,'every man and his dog'。
I wonder if you know, every man and his dog.
'every man and his dog' 是一个生动的澳大利亚习语,意思是人数非常多,常常是出人意料地多。
Every man and his dog is this colourful Australian idiom that means a huge number of people, often unexpectedly too.
所以,很多人出现在某个地方或参与某件事,而你原本没料到会有这么多人在那儿。
So they're present in a certain place or involved in something, and you weren't expecting there to be this many people there.
对。
Right.
因此,它通常暗示某个地方非常拥挤,或者某项活动变得主流或非常流行。
So, it often implies a place is really crowded or an activity has become mainstream or very popular.
当澳大利亚人谈论公共活动、海滩、商店或吸引大量人群的趋势时,你经常会听到这个说法。
And you'll hear it a lot in Aussie English when people talk about public events, beaches, shops, trends that have drawn a big crowd.
好的。
Okay.
每个人和他的狗,指人数众多,通常比你预期的还多。
Every man and his dog, a large number of people, often more than you expected.
所以,我们来聊聊这个表达的由来。
So, let's talk a little bit about the origin of this expression.
“每个人和他的狗”是一个英语习语,显然意思是人数非常多,通常超过你的预期。
Every man and his dog is an English idiom, obviously, meaning a huge number of people, usually more than you expect.
这个表达至少可以追溯到十九世纪,当时类似“每个人和他的狗”这样的说法已经在非正式英语中被用来夸张地描述参与某事的人数之多。
It dates back to at least the nineteenth century, so the eighteen hundreds when similar phrases like everybody and his dog were already being used in informal English to exaggerate how many people were involved in something.
这个想法显然很简单。
And the idea is obviously simple.
如果每个人都在那里,连他的狗也会在。
If every man is somewhere, even his dog would be there too.
这是一种幽默的夸张说法,暗示几乎所有人都到场了。
A humorous exaggeration suggesting basically everyone showed up.
它的精神与更古老的强调性短语如“每个汤姆、迪克和哈里”相似。
It's similar in spirit to older emphatic phrases such as every Tom, Dick and Harry.
我想当时,汤姆、迪克和哈里都是非常非常常见的名字。
And I guess at the time, Tom, Dick and Harry would have been very, very popular names.
所以,说‘每个汤姆、迪克和哈里都在那儿’,意思就是所有人都到了。
So, by saying this phrase, oh, every Tom, Dick and Harry was there, it meant again, everyone was there.
因此,随着时间推移,像‘每个人和他的狗’或‘所有人和他的狗’这样的性别中立版本也变得普遍了。
So, over time, gender neutral variants like everyone and their dog or everybody and their dog have become common as well.
但在澳大利亚,人们非常常用‘每个人和他的狗’来形容某个地方突然涌进大量出人意料的人。
But yeah, in Australia, it is very popular to use every man and his dog to mean that there are unexpectedly loads of people here doing this thing at this place.
好的。
Okay.
那我们来举几个例子,看看这个表达在日常澳洲英语中是怎么用的。
So let's go through some examples of how to use this expression in everyday Aussie English.
例子一:炎热天气的海滩。
Example number one, beach on a hot day.
假设你在一个酷热的35度周六来到贝尔斯海滩,本想找个安静的地方游泳,你知道的。
So you rock up to, say, Bells Beach on a scorching 35 degree Saturday hoping for a quiet swim, you know.
但你一踏上沙滩,就会发现整个海岸线都被占满了,到处都是遮阳伞,孩子们四处奔跑,冲浪者排成队在水里,还有大量狗狗在浅水区嬉戏。
But as soon as you hit the sand, you realise the whole coastline is covered, Umbrellas everywhere, kids running around, surfers lined up in the water, heaps of dogs splashing in the shallows.
你可能会说:‘老兄,今天海滩上真是人狗成群啊。’
You might say something like, mate, every man and his dog's at the beach today.
人多得不得了。
It's absolutely packed.
简直挤爆了。
It's just chockers.
今天所有人都带着狗来海滩了。
Every man and his dog have come to the beach today.
例子二:一场本地足球赛。
Example number two, a local footy game.
通常情况下,你们小镇的足球俱乐部周末只会吸引一小群轻松的观众。
So the situation is your small town footy club normally gets a small relaxed crowd on the weekend.
但这次是总决赛,当你到达时,球场上人声鼎沸。
But this time it's the grand final, and when you arrive, the oval is buzzing.
现场太热闹了。
It is going off.
家庭成员、穿着俱乐部围巾的老人、孩子们在踢球,你知道的,妇女们在聊天,还有食品卡车和门口的长队。
Families, old blokes in club scarves, kids kicking balls around, you know, women and wives having a yarn, food trucks and a line at the gate.
对。
Right.
今年,每个男人和他们的狗都来观看总决赛了。
Every man and his dog has turned up to watch the grand final this year.
这简直太疯狂了。
It's just It's insane.
所有人都来了。
Everyone is here.
第三个例子,今天最后一个。
Example number three, the last one today.
销售和活动。
So sales and events.
所以情况是这样的,你打算早早去圣诞大减价抢购便宜货,结果停车场已经满了。
So the situation, you head to the Boxing Day sales thinking you'll get in early and snag a bargain, but instead the car park is full.
人多得不得了。
It's chockers.
挤得水泄不通。
It's packed to the rafters.
车子像鲨鱼一样绕圈打转。
Cars are circling like sharks.
人们在商店外排成长队,感觉整个城市的一半人都有同样的想法。
People are lined up outside the stores, and it feels like half the city had the same idea.
你可能会跟朋友说,我们去了购物中心,但立马就走了。
You might tell a friend later, we went to the shopping centre but left straight away.
每个男人和他们的狗都在那儿。
Every man and his dog was there.
你连个停车位都找不到。
You couldn't even find a park.
那里的人多得数不清。
There were more people there than you could poke a stick at.
人人都来购物了。
Every man and his dog had come to the shops.
好的。
Alright.
所以现在你大概明白‘人人都来’这个表达的意思了。
So hopefully now you understand the expression every man and his dog.
记住,我们用这个说法来表示所有人、很多人,尤其是出乎意料的情况。
Remember, we use this to mean everyone, loads of people, especially when it's unexpected.
明白吗?
Okay?
人人都来。
Every man and his dog.
凯莉,你要来点卡布奇诺吗?
Would you like a cardinade, Kylie?
不。
No.
正确的发音是夏敦埃酒。
The correct pronunciation is Chardonnay.
这是法语。
It's French.
h不发音。
The h is silent.
凯莉,你支持我一下。
Back me up here, Kylie.
所以,像往常一样,我们来做一个小发音练习吧,各位。
So as usual, let's go through a little pronunciation exercise here, guys.
你们的目标是跟着我大声朗读这些句子,尽量模仿我的语调、发音、连读、节奏和重音等等。
Your goal is gonna be to read these sentences out loud after me and try and match my speaking, pronunciation, connected speech, rhythm, stress, all that sort of stuff.
对吧?
Right?
你不需要逐字逐句地思考,比如,他这个字母是怎么发音的?
You don't have to necessarily think about it individually, like, oh, how is he pronouncing this letter?
重音在哪里?
Where's the stress?
但只要试着模仿就行了。
But just try and mimic it.
试着复制它。
Try and copy it.
试着像我这样说。
Try and say it like I say it.
明白吗?
Okay?
好的。
Alright.
所以你准备好了吗?
So you ready?
我们开始吧。
Let's dig in.
我在海滩上看到人山人海。
I saw every man and his dog at the beach.
你在海滩上看到人山人海。
You saw every man and his dog at the beach.
他在海滩上看到人山人海。
He saw every man and his dog at the beach.
她在海滩上看到人山人海。
She saw every man and his dog at the beach.
我们在海滩上看到人山人海。
We saw every man and his dog at the beach.
他们在海滩上看到人山人海。
They saw every man and his dog at the beach.
它在海滩上看到人山人海。
It saw every man and his dog at the beach.
干得漂亮。
Great job.
所以,我知道这句话有点长,里面有很多连读现象。
So, I know it was a slightly long sentence and there's quite a bit of linking happening in there.
我在海滩上看到了形形色色的人。
I saw every man and his dog at the beach.
好的。
Okay.
让我们来回顾一下本期的发音要点。
Let's go through the pronunciation tip for today's episode.
在自然的澳大利亚英语中,当快速说话时,短语 and his 会被大大简化。
So, in natural Aussie English, the phrase and his gets heavily reduced when spoken quickly.
单词 and 几乎从不会完整地发成带有元音、n 音和 d 音的完整形式,对吧?
The word and almost never appears as a full and, right, with the vowel, the n sound and the d.
相反,它会被简化为一个快速的、非重读的schwa音,或者直接变成一个单独的鼻音 n。
Instead, it's reduced to a quick unstressed with the schwa sound or it could be the syllabic n, n just by itself.
然后,在这种情况下,'and' 变成 'n' 之后,'his' 词首的 h 音会脱落。
Then after the word and becoming in this case, you get h deletion at the front of the word his, the h disappears.
所以,你不会听到清晰说出的 'and his' 所有音,而是听到 'an is'。
So instead of hearing and his with all of these sounds clearly said, you'll hear an is.
an is。
An is.
对吧?
Right?
所以,'and his' 变成 'an his',然后我们去掉那个 h,变成 'an is'。
So, and his, an his, and then we get rid of that h, an is.
an is。
An is.
every man and his dog。
Every man and his dog.
对吧?
Right?
如果我说得快一点,every man and his dog。
If I do it quickly, every man and his dog.
every man and his dog。
Every man and his dog.
你们也会听到我们说得非常快。
You'll hear we say them really quickly too.
Unis。
Unis.
Unis。
Unis.
every man and his dog。
Every man and his dog.
every man and his dog。
Every man and his dog.
好的。
Okay.
所以,回去再复习一下这个练习,再听一遍,看看你能不能听出我是怎么做的。
So, go back over that exercise, have a listen again and see if you can hear me doing it.
现在我想,天啊,我得回去再听一遍,确认自己是不是真的那样说了,因为有时候我会说得更少连读。
And now I'm thinking, gosh, I'll have to go back and listen myself and make sure that I actually did say it that way because sometimes I leave things more uncontracted.
这甚至是个词吗?
Is that even a word?
更分散一些。
More spread out.
我可能会说,我在海滩上看到了形形色色的人。
I might say, I saw every man and his dog at the beach.
不,我没那样说。
No, I didn't do that.
我没那样说。
I didn't do that.
总之,连读真的很有必要学习,朋友们。
Anyway, connected speech is really good to learn, guys.
这真的能让你听起来更自然。
It does really help you sound more natural.
通过训练这种发音,即使你不一定想使用它,也能训练你的耳朵,以便在澳大利亚人这样说话时能听出来。
And by training this, even if you don't want to necessarily use it, you'll train your ear so that you can hear it when Australians speak like this.
所以我总是建议一定程度地练习。
So, I always suggest practising it to some degree.
好的。
Alright.
那么现在我们来结束今天的澳大利亚冷知识。
So now let's finish up with the Australian fact of the day.
今天我们要谈谈野狗,澳大利亚的野生野狗。
And today we're going to talk about the dingo, Australia's wild dingo.
澳大利亚唯一的本土犬种就是野狗,它是这个大陆上最引人入胜的动物之一。
So, Australia's only native dog is the dingo, and it's one of the most fascinating animals on the continent.
野狗不仅仅是游荡在内陆的野生狗。
Dingoes aren't just wild dogs wandering the outback.
它们已经存在于澳大利亚生态系统中至少三千年半,一些基因研究甚至表明它们的谱系可能更久远。
They've been part of Australian ecosystems for at least three and a half thousand years, and some genetic studies suggest the lineage may go back even further.
它们被认为是在欧洲殖民者到来之前,由早期从东南亚乘船而来的移民带入的,经过数千年演化,完美适应了澳大利亚的沙漠、森林和海岸。
They're thought to have arrived with early seafaring people from Southeast Asia long before European settlement, and over thousands of years became perfectly adapted to Australia's deserts, forests and coasts.
野狗是许多地区的顶级捕食者,对维持生态系统的健康起着至关重要的作用。
Dingoes are apex predators, the top of the food chain in many areas, and they play a massive role in keeping ecosystems healthy.
它们有助于控制袋鼠、沙袋鼠和野山羊的数量。
They help control kangaroo, wallaby and feral goat populations.
它们抑制了狐狸和野猫等入侵物种,这意味着更多小型哺乳动物和鸟类得以生存。
They suppress invasive species like foxes and feral cats, which means more small mammals and birds survive.
在某些地区,移除野狗导致食草动物数量激增,从而引发过度放牧和景观破坏。
In some regions, removing dingoes has led to overgrazing and landscape damage because herbivore numbers explode without a natural predator.
甚至有研究指出,在野狗繁盛的地区,像兔耳袋狸和袋狸这样的濒危本土动物更有生存希望。
There's even research suggesting that where dingoes thrive, endangered native animals like bilbies and bandicoots stand a better chance.
尽管野狗具有重要的生态意义,但它们正处在现代澳大利亚一场激烈争论的中心。
Despite the ecological importance, dingoes sit right in the middle of a modern Australian debate.
对农民,尤其是养羊和养牛地区的人来说,野狗可能对牲畜构成重大威胁。
To farmers, especially in sheep and cattle regions, dingoes can be a major threat to livestock.
因此,在一些州,野狗作为本土野生动物受到保护,而在其他州则被归类为害兽,可以被诱捕、毒杀或射杀。
Because of this, in some states, dingoes are protected as native wildlife, while in others they're classified as pests and can be trapped, poisoned or shot.
还有一个问题是杂交。
Then there's the issue of hybridisation.
野狗正在与家犬交配,导致纯种野狗变得越来越稀少。
Dingoes are breeding with domestic dogs, making pure dingoes rarer.
保护主义者希望保护它们,一些州希望清除它们,而另一些州则试图维持平衡。
Conservationists want to protect them, some states want to remove them, and others try to manage the balance.
无论喜爱还是畏惧,野狗都已融入澳大利亚的故事之中。
Love them or fear them, dingoes are woven into the Australian story.
原住民文化数千年来一直将它们视为伙伴、猎手和灵性存在。
Indigenous cultures have seen them as companions, hunters and spiritual beings for thousands of years.
它们出现在整个大陆的创世故事、艺术和传统知识中。
They appear in dreaming stories, art and traditional knowledge across the continent.
所以,各位,希望你们喜欢这一集。
So anyway, guys, I hope you've enjoyed this episode.
和往常一样,这真是一种享受。
It's a pleasure as usual.
一定要告诉我你们对这些节目的看法。
Definitely let me know what you think of these episodes.
你们又喜欢这些节目了吗?
Are you enjoying them again?
你们希望我做点别的吗?
Would you prefer me to do something else?
你们是希望我延长它们,还是缩短它们?
You Do want me to expand them, make them shorter?
你们觉得怎么样?
What do you think?
在Instagram上给我发消息吧。
Send me a message on Instagram.
给我发邮件到 pete aussie english dot com。
Send me an email at pete aussie english dot com.
或者在 Facebook 上给我发消息。
Au or send me a message on Facebook.
我很喜欢和你们聊天。
I love chatting with you guys.
除此之外,希望你们这一周过得超棒,我们下期再见。
And besides that, I hope you have a ripper of a week, I'll and see you in the next one.
好了。
Alright.
今天就到这里。
That's it for today.
如果觉得这期有帮助,留下一个简短的评价真的能帮助其他学习者找到这个播客。
If you found this one helpful, leaving a quick review really does help other learners find the podcast.
如果你认识正在学习澳洲英语的人,也欢迎把这期节目分享给他们,伙计。
And if you know someone who's learning Aussie English, feel free to share this episode with them too, mate.
谢谢收听,我们下期再见。
Thanks for listening, and I'll catch you in the next one.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。