本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
我实在难以认真对待那些不把人工智能纳入课程体系的大学。
I can barely take university seriously that don't teach AI as a part of their curriculum.
加布里埃尔·彼得森,一位来自瑞典的高中辍学生,现在在OpenAI担任人工智能研究科学家。
Gabriel Petersen, a high school dropout from Sweden who now worked as an AI research scientist at OpenAI.
微信Chulch的创造者们。
The creators of WeChat Chulch.
我一直以为自己太笨了。
I always thought I was too dumb.
我曾遇到一位程序员,当时简直像见到明星一样激动。
I met a programmer once and I was so starstruck.
我当时睡在公共休息室里找到的沙发靠枕上。
I was sleeping on couch pillows that I found in like the common room.
公司只想着赚钱。
Companies just wanna make money.
只要你向他们展示你能编程赚钱,他们就会雇佣你。
You show them how to make money that you can code and they'll hire you.
我目前在Sora工作,我们正在开发
I currently work at Sora where we're building
对于不知道自己想做什么的人,你会给什么建议?
What advice would you give to someone who doesn't know what they wanna do?
我认为人们学习最快的方式是
The way I think people learn the fastest is
欢迎来到《非凡人生》,讲述非凡人物背后的起源故事。
Welcome to Extraordinary, the origin stories behind Extraordinary People.
我是C。
I'm C.
我是extortion.com创始人Joel Wen,今天和我一起的是Gabriel Petersen,他来自瑞典,高中辍学,现为OpenAI的人工智能研究科学家,ChatGPT的创造者之一。
Joel Wen, the founder of extortion.com, and I'm here with Gabriel Petersen, a high school dropout from Sweden who works as an AI research scientist at OpenAI, the creators behind ChatGPT.
通常要成为研究科学家需要博士学位,但Gabriel通过ChaTCHBT自学了数学和机器学习,现在任职于世界顶尖的AI公司。
To be a research scientist, typically you need a PhD, but Gabriel has been able to teach himself mathematics and machine learning using ChaTCHBT and now works at the world's top AI company.
Gabriel出生于瑞典的偏远地区,在获得O-1杰出人才签证后,现居加利福尼亚州旧金山。
Gabriel was born in the middle of nowhere in Sweden and now is in San Francisco, California after getting his o one Extraordinary Ability Visa.
加布里埃尔,欢迎来到非凡人物。
Gabriel, welcome to Extraordinary.
非常感谢。
Thank you so much.
我们很高兴来到这里。
We're happy to be here.
加布里埃尔,你的故事让我觉得非常迷人。
So Gabriel, your story is super fascinating to me.
我这里有一条推文。
I have a tweet over here.
上面写着:五年前,我从瑞典高中辍学,以近乎零工程经验加入了一家初创公司。
It says, five years ago, I dropped out of high school in Sweden to join a startup with close to zero experience as an engineer.
如今,我作为研究科学家加入OpenAI,与Sora一起构建通用人工智能。
Today, I'm joining OpenAI as a research scientist to build AGI with Sora.
你是如何从那时走到现在的?
How did you get here from that?
是啊
Yeah.
说来话长
It's a long story.
自从我开始读《超级智能》和《生命3.0》这类书以来,我就一直在思考人工智能
I've always been thinking about AI ever since I started reading books like Superintelligence and Life three point o
哦,马克斯·泰格马克?
Oh, Max Tagmar?
对
Yeah.
马克斯·泰格马克
Max Tagmar.
哇,老兄
Oh, dude.
我超爱这个
I love that.
而且他们俩碰巧也都是瑞典人。
And both of them happened to be Swedish people as well.
我当时就想,好吧。
And I was like, okay.
这其中肯定有什么门道。
There's there's something here.
但我总觉得自己太笨了。
But I always thought I was too dumb.
我当时对AI有点兴趣,但其实并不懂编程,就觉得外面肯定有一群我永远比不上的聪明人。
I think I was looking into a bit to AI, like I didn't really know programming, and I was like, probably there is like a bunch of really smart people out there that I can never compete with.
后来我就当了几年工程师。
And yeah, I just ended up working as an engineer for a couple years.
所以你高中就辍学了?
So you dropped out of high school.
这是怎么发生的?
How did that happen?
当你家乡的每个人都在上高中时,你是如何下定决心辍学的?
How did you have the conviction to leave high school when everyone around you from your home country, your hometown was there?
其实不是我做的决定。
I didn't really make the decision.
更像是事情就这么发生了。
It just more like happened.
我想是的。
I think Yeah.
有一天我表哥打电话给我说,喂。
My my cousin called me one day and said, hello.
我刚和这个人聊过。
I just talked to this person.
他非常非常聪明。
He's really, really smart.
他有个用AI做产品推荐系统的点子,我们应该今天就开卖这个产品。
He has this product idea to make like product recommendation system with AI and we should start selling this today.
他现在在新加坡做研究,是的,我们准备开始销售这个产品。
He's currently in Singapore like doing research and yeah, we're gonna start selling it.
我们就要开始了,对,尽快来斯德哥尔摩。
We're starting like, yeah, come to Stockholm as fast as possible.
我当时就说,老兄,我今晚有个大派对要参加。
And I was like, dude, I have this big party tonight.
我明天再来吧。
I'll I'll come tomorrow.
他说不行。
He's like, no.
于是我就直接坐下一班车去了斯德哥尔摩,再也没回去过。
So I just went like to to to the next bus to Stockholm and I just never returned.
所以你高中辍学了。
So you you dropped out of high school.
你去了这家初创公司。
You went to this startup.
发生什么事了?
What happened?
我们有个想法,就是为电商店铺打造一个产品推荐系统。
We had this idea, which was building a product recommendation system for ecommerce stores.
一开始,我们中没人真正了解创业是怎么回事。
And at first, like none of us knew anything about startup at all.
我们完全处于懵懂状态,不知道该做什么。
We were completely like, okay, what do we do?
我们该怎么销售呢?
How do we sell?
所以我最初的销售方式就是打电话推销。
So the first way I started selling was like calling people up.
比如,我一开始是发冷邮件的。
Like, I started with sending cold emails.
嗯。
Mhmm.
效果不太好。
Didn't work very well.
是啊。
Yeah.
我开始打电话联系人们,有时候他们会感兴趣,但你知道,我只是个18岁的毛头小子。
I started calling people up, kind of, you know, people were sometimes interested, but you know, was this random 18 year old.
我完全不知道自己在做什么。
I had no idea what I was doing.
我没有任何技术背景。
I was non technical.
我们当时的销售方式是直接去敲公司的门,带着那种A3纸大小的宣传资料。
The way we used to do selling, I used to knock on company doors and I'd bring this like a is it a three?
就是那种大张的纸?
Like the big papers?
没错。
Yep.
而且我事先已经完成了工作,比如爬取了他们整个网站的数据,训练了新的产品推荐系统,就是说,你有一个产品,然后下面会有推荐——展示哪些产品能提升销量。
And I'd have already since before, like scraped their entire website, trained new product recommendation systems, which is like, you have a product and then you have the recommendations under, like what products do you show to increase sales.
所以我打印了他们旧的产品推荐放在左边,我们的新产品推荐放在右边,我大概做了100份这样的对比。
So I print their their old product recommendations to the left and our new product recommendations to the right, and I made like a 100 of these.
哇。
Wow.
我把它们装在一个大文件夹里,然后就去挨家敲门,问:'能跟电商经理或CEO谈谈吗?'
And I have them in like a big folder and then I went looking at the the doors, hey, can I talk to the ecommerce manager or CEO?
然后就直接给他们看:'嘿,这是你们旧的产品推荐。'
And then just show them like, hey, this is your old product recommendations.
这是你们新的产品推荐。
This is your new product recommendations.
他们总是表现得印象深刻。
And then they were always like impressed.
他们会说:'哇,厉害了。'
They're like, oh, shit.
这些都是你做的吗?
Did you do all of this?
你是怎么做到的?
How did you do this?
这太酷了。
This is very cool.
但紧接着,他们立刻就会说,好吧。
But then, know, immediately they're like, okay.
但我接下来该怎么做?
But how do I go from here?
这里面有太多未知数了。
Like, there's so many unknowns.
别担心。
Do not worry.
我总是随身带着一个脚本,可以直接粘贴到他们网站的控制台里。哇。
I always brought a script I could paste into their console on their website Wow.
这把他们产品推荐替换成了我们的产品推荐。
Which flipped their product recommendation with our product recommendations.
我当时就想,没错,我们今天已经准备好了。
And I was like, yeah, we are ready today.
我们可以直接开始
We can just go
没错。
Right.
直播?太疯狂了。
Live That's crazy.
然后他们总是说,好吧,但我们怎么知道能赚钱呢?
And then they're always like, okay, but how do we know that we'll make money?
我就说,别担心。
And I'm like, do not worry.
我已经在这个脚本里设置好了AB测试。
I have an AB test set up already in this script.
它会追踪使用你们推荐和我们推荐带来的收入数据。
It will track, like, the revenue from people using your per recommendations and our per recommendations.
所以我可以在第一次会议就直接敲定,从一开始就万事俱备。
So I could just, like, first meeting, just close them, everything ready from the start.
我们完成了所有实施工作,后来你知道这造成了巨大反噬,因为我们当时只想着快速扩张。
We did all the implementations to it, which you know would backfire hugely later because we didn't you know, we're just thinking, let's just scale.
我们根本没考虑过如何轻松扩展规模。
Let's not think about like being easy to scale up.
我们只想着确保能获取客户。
Let's just like just make sure we get customers.
带着一群其他十七八岁的年轻人
With like a bunch of other 17, 18 year olds
他们高中都没毕业。
who dropped out of high school.
是啊。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
所以事情就这样结束了。
So it was over.
他是一名研究员。
He was a researcher.
那时他大概十六七岁。
He was 16 or 17 at that point.
然后我表弟就说
And then my cousin was like
你们当时都在瑞典斯德哥尔摩线下见面吗?
And you guys were all in person in like Stockholm, Sweden?
对。
Yeah.
所以我当时住在我表弟的大学宿舍里?
So I was living in my cousin's dorm room where we're In college?
是的。
Yes.
所以我们没有。
So we were no.
我们没有宿舍房间。
We don't have dorm rooms.
更像是...嗯,算是宿舍房间,但在瑞典是普通公寓里的那种。
It's it's more like well, it's kind of dorm rooms but in like normal apartments in Sweden.
好的。
Okay.
明白了。
Got it.
而且它们超级小。
And they're super tiny.
没错。
Yep.
要知道,只有上大学的人才能住在那里。
You know, you can only live there if you go to the university.
但是,我们得提交一些材料,比如,哦,对。
But, you know, we had to submit things like, oh, yeah.
我们...他还在上大学。
We we would he's still doing university.
对吧?
Right?
而我...我在公共休息室找到的沙发枕头上睡了一年。
And I I was sleeping on couch pillows that I found in, the common room for one year.
不错啊。
Nice.
那是个恶心的房间,但很实用,我们现在就坐在这个联合办公空间里。
It was a disgusting room, but it worked well and we're sitting in this, like, co working space.
是什么让你坚持下来的?
What made you keep going?
就像,大多数人可能会放弃,但你和他们可能会重返校园,而你却
Like, most people kind of quit, but you and they would probably go back to school, but you just
是的。
Yep.
你从未回去过。
You never went back.
比如,你为什么坚持下来?
Like, why did you keep going?
为什么你要继续住在共享宿舍里,睡这些公共沙发上?
Why did you keep, like, living in a shared dorm room on these, like, community couches?
我想我对现实一直有着非常扭曲的看法。
I think I've always had a very distorted view of reality.
比如,我当时百分之百确信这会让我成为亿万富翁。
Like, I was 100% sure that this would make me a billionaire.
百分之百确定,世界上没有任何怀疑。
100%, there was like no doubt in the world.
我当时超级认真,表现得就像我深信不疑,觉得这将成为下一个大事件。
And I was like super serious and like acting just like I believe, like, okay, this is going to be the next big thing.
其他一切都不重要。
Like nothing else mattered.
我当时就想,我要整夜整夜地工作,在斯德哥尔摩四处奔波尝试做销售。
I was like, I'm just gonna, you know I was working like all night all night after all night, you know, I was traveling around Stockholm trying to do sales.
是啊。
Yeah.
我们做了各种疯狂的事情来试图获取客户。
We're doing like all these like crazy ass things to try to get customers.
所以你当初是在不会编程的情况下辍学的。
So you originally dropped out without knowing how to code.
你是怎么开始学习编程的?
How did you go about learning that?
主要是因为我被迫学习,当时我们需要与Yeah进行系统集成。
Mostly because I was forced to when we had to do the integrations with Yeah.
你是怎么学会的?
Like, how did you how did you learn?
我猜你身边有些更懂编程的朋友
I guess you had some friends around you who knew how to code better
他们可以教你
than could.
我最早学编程是通过我表哥,那时我还很小
So the the first way I learned how to code was my cousin when I was very young.
那时候我大概13岁左右
Like, at this point, I was, like, 13 or something.
他教了我Java
But he showed me Java.
我做了个超级简单的宝可梦仿制游戏,有回合制战斗和伤害系统
And I made a super simple, like, Pokemon clone with, like, turn based, and you could, like, take damage.
真是个糟糕的作品
Such a bad application.
后来过了一段时间,我又上了个Udemy的Python课程。
And then it's some time went by and then I made like a Udemy Python course.
我学了超级基础的Python。
I learned super simple Python.
做了个特别烂的游戏,就是有睡莲叶子漂过来,你扮演一只鸭子要躲开它们。
I made this like really ass game where like you had lily pods coming and you were like a duck trying to avoid them.
真的很蠢。
It's really dumb.
我还尝试过入门机器学习。
And I also did I tried to get into machine learning.
我学完了Andrew Ng那套经典的机器学习课程。
I did all these like, you know, the classic like machine learning course by Andrew Ng.
是啊。
Yeah.
就觉得...唉,我可能太笨搞不懂这个。
Just thought like, yeah, I'm probably too dumb for this.
我就是搞不定这些东西。
I just can't do this stuff.
但真正让我开始深入编程的,是那次我们需要实际构建项目的时候。
But yeah, when I really started getting into coding was that depict when we, you know, where to build things.
我们得搭建完整的推荐系统、数据爬取、系统集成,还要设置AB测试等等。
We would have to make proper recommendation systems, scraping, integrations, set up EB testing and all these things.
嗯。
Yeah.
但如果你不上学的话,怎么学这些呢?
But how you learn that if you don't
去学校学?
go to school?
直接工作的好处在于,你总是面对真实问题,这让一切都变得简单明了。
The good thing with just working is that you always have a real problem which makes everything so simple.
就像人们总说的,你不上学怎么学东西?
Like everyone always says like, you don't go to school, how can you learn?
我就说,当你面对实际问题时,事情会简单得多——比如你知道需要将产品推荐系统整合到这家电商店铺里。
I'm like, well it's so much more easy like then you have a real problem and you know you can map out, okay, I wanna integrate my product recommendation system to this e commerce store.
要实现这个,我需要弄清楚如何选取网页元素并正确插入,需要学习完成这些事的所有方法。
To do that, I need to figure out how to select the elements on the web page and insert them correctly, I need to learn how to do all these things.
然后你就可以一步步来解决问题。
And then you can take it step by step.
你可以上Stack Overflow,遇到困难时也可以请教朋友。
You go to Stack Overflow and can you ask your friends if you're stuck.
是的,我认为这是一种更简单的学习方式。
And yeah, I think that's like a simpler way to learning.
尤其是当你承受着所有这些压力的时候。
And especially when you have all this pressure on you.
对吧?
Right?
如果你有实际工作,就会有压力,这就是全部。
If you have a real job, you have pressure and that's everything.
比如我,没有压力我根本学不会任何东西。
Like I I could never learn anything without pressure.
根本不可能。
There's just no way.
就像如果有人跟你说,哦,学这个吧,但你有无限时间而且学了也赚不到钱。
Like if someone were like, oh yeah, learn this thing but you have infinite time and you'll also not make money from it.
如果你
If you
要给另一个高中辍学生建议的话,嗯。
were to give advice to another high school dropout Yeah.
你会说什么让他们学到更多?
What would it be so that they would learn more?
我觉得我特别幸运。
I think I was extremely lucky.
我是说,我当时住在瑞典一个叫瓦格里德的小镇,那地方特别偏僻。
I mean, I was living in this town called Vagrid in the middle of nowhere in Sweden.
我不认识任何工程师。
I knew no engineers.
我在高中早期时曾遇到过一个程序员。
I met a programmer once in in in early high school.
我当时简直崇拜得不得了。
I was so starstruck.
我还问他:你会编程吗?
I was like, do you code?
你会做网页吗?
Do you like make web pages?
那太酷了。
That's awesome.
太酷了。
Awesome.
当你没有这种文化氛围时——为什么旧金山会成为创业之都呢?
And when you don't have this like culture like why is SF such a capital of of startups?
因为所有人都在谈论创业。
So because everyone's only talking about startups.
如何创业看起来如此清晰明了。
It's like so clear how to do one.
但如果你身处偏远之地,周围没有人整天讨论这些话题。
But if you're like in the middle of nowhere and you don't you're not like surrounded by people, this is like all they talk about.
你会觉得这些事情都是不可能的。
You'll think all these things are impossible.
对我来说,做这些事情感觉遥不可及。
Like, doing all these things for me, was like, damn, this seems so far away.
我很幸运能接触到The Pit。
And I was very lucky to to have The Pit.
The Pit是让我第一次觉得这是真实存在的东西。
The Pit was the first thing where I was like, this is a real thing.
我的意思是,我当时别无选择。
I mean, I had no options.
我可能很难有选择,因为当时根本不知道自己在寻找什么。
And I probably it would be very hard to have options because I didn't know what I was looking for.
这个机会突然出现,结果对我来说是一次极好的学习经历。
It just came up and it happened to be an extremely good learning for me.
对于其他想效仿的人,比如尽快进入市场、解决实际问题、承担责任。
For other people who wanna do the same thing, like getting into the market as fast as possible, solving real problems, having accountability.
现在有了Chateappetee的帮助,甚至都不需要懂这些。
I mean now with the help of Chateappetee, don't even need to know.
你甚至不需要对你正在做的事情有太多专业知识。
You don't even need to have much knowledge about a thing you're doing.
只要能向对方证明:我擅长通过Chateappetee获取所需知识。
If you can just prove to the person that yeah, I'm good at asking Chateappetee what I need to know.
比如我超有创意,执行力超强,把这些优势展示给招聘方后,最后对方说'但你实际不懂这个'时,你可以说'没关系,我天天和Chateaubiti交流'。
Like I'm super creative, I'm super high agency, know, you show all these things to the person hiring and then the last thing is, oh, but you don't know the actual thing and and you be like, yeah yeah, I talk to Chateaubiti all the time.
我特别擅长从海量信息中提取精华,就像那里装着全世界的知识一样。
Like I'm really good at like extracting information like you have all knowledge in the world there.
知识不再是问题了。
Knowledge is not a problem anymore.
是啊。
Yeah.
就像
In the same way that
你不需要先去某个机构学习,把某些东西当作潜在解决方案或应用的前提课程来研读。
You don't have to like go to an institution and then read up on something as like a prerequisite course for some potential solution or some potential application.
现在你可以直接进入现实世界,发现问题比如'我该如何优化这个'或'如何让人们学得更快',或者任何你想解决的问题。
You can now just go into real world, find problems like, oh, how do I like optimize this or how do I teach people faster or or whatever problem you wanna solve.
然后你可以查询像ChatGPT这样的人工智能,找出解决方法以及你
And then you can query AI like ChatGPT to figure out how you can solve it and how you
可以学习解决它所需的不同知识片段。
can learn the different pieces of knowledge to solve it.
我认为人们学习最快的方式就是采用所谓的自上而下方法。
The way I think people learn the fastest is by what you would call like a like a top down approach.
对吧?
Right?
如果你从一个问题开始,然后阅读解决这个问题所需的一切知识,接着发现更多问题并研究它们,最终深入到问题的核心,这样你可能会学得更快,对吧?
You'll probably learn faster if you start with a problem and then you can read about everything required to to to start solving the problem and then you find more problems and you read about those and then you go down to like the the core of problem, right?
所以你是从实际任务入手,然后逐步深入。
So you start with actual task and you go down.
但这是极其罕见的学习方式。
But that's extremely rare way to learn.
比如在学校里,每个人都有这种思维模式,对吧,就是我们必须从基础开始。
Like in school, everyone has this mindset, right, of like, okay, we need to start with the foundations.
如果你想从事机器学习工作,在前四年基本上就别想碰任何机器学习的内容,对吧?
We need to start like if you wanna work with machine learning, like you can forget about doing any machine learning for the first like four years, right?
首先是数学,然后是矩阵分类、线性算法,所有这些基础知识积累起来,之后才是已经过时的简单机器学习内容,比如线性回归这些至今仍部分使用的技术,但要达到生产级机器学习水平需要很长时间。
It's like math, and and and then you have a matrix classifications, you have linear algorithm, you have all these things that build up, and then you have the simpler ML that's like super outdated, have like, you know, linear regression, all these things that are still used partly, but it's like, it will take you very long time until you get to like production grade ML.
为什么会这样?
Why is this?
嗯,自上而下的教学方式极难规模化,因为这需要老师时刻在你身边指导。
Well, it's extremely hard to scale the top down approach because that requires like a teacher always being there for you.
这要求你必须随时准确知道自己该学习哪些具体内容。
It requires you being able to know exactly what piece of thing you need to learn at any point of time.
而如果采用自下而上的方式,你很清楚学习路径:先学这个,再学那个。
Well, if you do bottom up, you know, okay, first you always learn this, and then you always learn this.
对。
Yep.
而且这种方式更容易规模化。
And it's it's much easier to scale.
虽然效率极其低下。
It's extremely inefficient.
但现在有了ChatGPT,这一切都将改变。
And now with ChatGPT, all this changes.
人们总说教育要变革,但如果大学连HGBT都不纳入课程体系,我实在很难认真看待这些教育机构。
Like this will change people say education will change all the time, but I can barely take universities seriously that don't teach HGBT as a part of their curriculum.
这简直太疯狂了,这门课程竟然不是从两岁就开始教授的。
It's actually insane that this is not a course that's taught from two years old.
突然间,大学不再垄断基础知识了。
Suddenly, foundational knowledge Universities don't have a monopoly on on on foundational knowledge anymore.
你可以直接从ChatGPT获取任何基础知识。
You can just get any foundational knowledge from from from chat GPT.
人们还没有真正理解自上而下解决问题的方式。
And people haven't really internalized how top down problem solving works.
他们总是告诉你,比如'你永远不会真正理解这个问题'之类的话。
They will always tell you things, you know, like, oh, but you'll never actually understand the problem.
你永远无法真正...诸如此类。
You'll never actually blah blah blah.
这种说法并不正确。
And this is not true.
你从一个问题开始,然后递归地深入下去。
You start with a problem, you recursively go down.
比如,如果我想学习机器学习,我会问Kashyapati,好吧,我该做什么项目?
Like, if I wanna learn machine learning, I ask Kashyapati, okay, what project should I do?
帮我写好项目,遇到bug我就开始修复,然后问题就解决了。
Write the project for me, I have bugs, I start fixing the bugs, and then things work.
从那里开始,我会专注于机器学习问题的某个具体部分,比如这里发生了什么?
And from there, I start with a specific part of the machine learning problem, like okay, what happens here?
你能用直观的方式解释为什么这个模块能让模型学习吗?
Can you explain to me with intuition why this module here makes the model learn?
它会向你解释,然后你会说,哦,它用了神奇的乘法和线性代数,好吧,它们是怎么运作的?
And it will explain it to you, and then you say, oh, it uses magic multiplication and linear algebra, okay, how do they work?
这背后的数学原理是什么?
What's the math intuition behind this?
比如,给我展示一下,编几个图表让我真正理解机器学习的这部分。
Like, show me, like, make up a couple graphs to really make me get an intuition for this part of ML.
然后突然间你就掌握了所有基础知识。
And then suddenly you have all the foundational knowledge.
比如,不再需要从底层开始构建了。
Like, it doesn't need to go bottom up anymore.
是啊。
Yeah.
这种转变将会... 嗯。
And this shift will will Yeah.
我认为这种转变将从根本上改变教育方式。
I I think this shift will like fundamentally change how education is done.
学校没有教你们关于人工智能的哪些方面?
What are schools not teaching you about AI?
首先,认知
First of all, the perception
在Shagibati那里,人们对AI的认知完全错误,学生们自然觉得,哇,太好了。
of AI is completely wrong in Shagibati came, naturally students were like, oh, nice.
有东西能帮我完成所有工作。
Something can do all the work for me.
这就是他们所有的想法,这很合理。
And that's all they thought about, which makes sense.
那那那也正是我首先会应用的方向。
That that that's the first thing I would apply to as well.
而老师们首先想到的是,哦不,大家都会用AI来完成作业。
And the first thing the the teachers think about is, oh no, everyone will just use AI to do works.
我们必须禁止AI,AI是有害的。
We need to ban AI and AI is bad.
这就形成了一个恶性循环:学生对AI的认知是'我可以把它当作作弊工具'。
And that becomes like a reinforcing circle of like students' perception of AI is like, I can use this as a cheat.
而老师的认知则是'好吧,你就该把它当作作弊工具'。
And teachers' perception is like, okay, you should just use this as a cheat.
要建立起如何向AI学习的直觉真的很难。
Like it's really hard to build up an intuition of how to learn from AI.
这并非自然而然就能掌握的。
It doesn't come very naturally.
现在的情况是,当我跟瑞典的朋友们聊天时,他们上大学后会说‘我意识到可以用GPT来生成测验题’,这让我非常高兴。
Now it's like I'm extremely happy when I talk to like my friends back in Sweden, they go to university and they're like, oh, I realized I can use GGPT to like give me quizzes.
比如我把所有以前的题目都输入进去,然后问它‘告诉我这些不同题目共有的基础知识,这样我才能真正理解它们想教我的内容’。
Like I give it all the previous questions, and I ask it like, okay, tell me tell me some fundamental things that all of these different questions share so I can really learn what they try to teach me.
或者让它生成10个新问题。
Or like generate 10 new questions.
对吧?
Right?
你知道,人们开始学习如何使用AI了。
And you know, people are starting to learn how to use AI.
但老师们仍然非常非常反对AI,这毫无道理。
The teachers are still very very anti AI, which makes no sense.
如果老师们能把话术转变成‘来,我教你如何高效学习’。
Like if the teachers just switch the narrative to, okay, here's how you learn efficiently.
我的意思是,如果学生想在考试中作弊,他们总会找到方法的。
Like if a student wanna cheat at tests, I mean, they'll fun find ways to do that either way.
如果你从未想过,其实可以利用这个工具来学习知识,我是说,成年人却用它来作弊,就像
And if you've never thought that, you know, you can actually use this to to learn things, I mean, adults use it to cheat, like
是啊。
Yeah.
没错。
Yeah.
完全没有这种概念。
There's just no concept of that.
对。
Yep.
那你是怎么用AI来学习的呢?
So how do you use AI to learn?
你是怎么通过AI自学数学和机器学习,最终进入OpenAI工作的?
How did you use AI to self teach yourself math and machine learning to now work at OpenAI?
我用的方法和我之前描述的非常相似。
I did a very similar thing to what I was describing before.
我现在在OpenAI的Sora团队工作,我们正在开发视频模型。
So I currently work at Sora where we're building these video models at OpenAI.
我当时想学习一些基础知识,比如图像模型的基础。
And I wanted to learn things like, you know, the basics of of of image models.
于是我问JFTSE,嘿。
So I asked JFTSE, hey.
人工智能中视频和图像模型最基本的概念是什么?
What are the the most fundamental concepts of of, like, video and and image models in AI?
然后它开始解释,好吧。
And they started talking about, okay.
我们有这些叫做自动编码器的东西。
We we had these things called auto encoders.
还有这些叫做扩散模型的东西。
There are these things called diffusion models.
我当时就觉得,嗯,这听起来很有趣。
And I was like, yeah, that that sounds interesting.
我到处都听说过这个。
I've heard about this everywhere.
这非常酷。
That's very cool.
现在,你知道的,写一个扩散模型的所有代码。
Now, you know, write all the code for a diffusion model.
它写完了所有代码,而我现在完全不知道发生了什么。
And it writes all the code and I have no idea what's going on right now.
好吧。
Okay.
这里有一堆代码。
Here's a bunch of code.
天啊。
Holy shit.
然后你试着让它运行,一起调试,告诉它哪里有问题,然后你开始建立起一种直觉,比如,好的,这里会发生这个,这里会发生那个,这里又会这样。
And then you try to get it working, you debug it together, you tell it what's wrong, and then you start to build up an intuition of like, okay, this happens here, this happens here, this happens here.
然后你继续详细理解每一行代码的作用。
And then you continue to just understand in detail what every single line of code does.
对吧?
Right?
所以你会想,这部分是做什么的?
So you're like, okay, what does this part do?
这部分又是做什么的?
What does this part do?
以融合模型为例,你可以选取一个部分,比如叫做ResNet的部分。
So for example, for the fusion model, for example, you can take a part like, part for example called a ResNet for example.
它们是ResNet块。
It's ResNet blocks.
它们进行一系列变换,然后还有一个残差连接,基本上就是让数据以某种方式通过,使模型更容易学习。
And they do a bunch of transformation and and and and then they also have a residual, which is basically like you you let data pass through in a certain way which makes the model learn more more easy.
对吧?
Right?
一开始,我完全不知道这是怎么做到的。
And at the start, I have no idea how this is done.
对吧?
Right?
然后你开始不断追问Jashiwati,它会告诉你类似我刚才说的那些内容。
And you you start asking Jashiwati follow ups follow ups and it will tell you something like what I just told you.
但你脑子里还是充满问号。
But you still have a huge question mark.
比如,这个?
Like, is this?
比如,这到底是什么意思?
Like, why does this mean?
比如,你说它学习效率更高是什么意思?
Like, what do you mean it learns more efficiently?
然后你接下来要做什么呢?
And what what do you do then?
嗯,你继续追问,就会得到解释:它之所以学习效率更高,是因为梯度可以沿着X、Y、Z不同方向流动,而在不采用这种方法的情况下,梯度会在X、Y、Z节点处受阻。
Well, you follow-up and you'll be like, well, how does it learn more efficiently because it's doing Oh yeah, the gradients can flow in these x y z different ways, and in the scenario that you wouldn't do this thing, they would be stopped at x y z things.
你要持续不断地向模型提问,直到真正理解为止。
And you just continue to ask the model constantly until you really understand.
当你理解后,就可以告诉模型:'好,这是我对这个问题的理解'。
And when you understand, you can just tell the model, okay, this is my understanding of this.
这样完全正确吗?
Is this completely correct?
接着你还会学到各种实用小技巧,对吧?
And then you'll also start learning about all these small tricks you can do, right?
比如'用12岁孩子能听懂的话解释这个概念'。
Like explain this concept like I'm 12 years old.
这个技巧特别管用。
That one is really good.
它会从最基础的内容开始讲解。
It will, you know, it will start like super easily.
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
比如,想象你在一家书店里,可以把嵌入向量想象成店里的不同书籍。
Like, imagine you're in a bookstore and you can imagine the embeddings being the different books in the store.
然后你可以想象,你知道的,所有这些。
And then you can imagine, you know, all this.
它会将所有与AI相关的内容与现实世界概念联系起来,这让像我这样的人很容易理解。
And it will connect everything that has to do with AI to like real world concepts, which makes it really easy to to reason about for for for someone like like me.
听起来你现在可以学习任何主题,只需要ChatGPT就够了。
So it sounds like any sort of topic you can learn now and all you need is ChatGPT.
你一开始只需要问:'嘿,我需要先了解哪些基础知识?'
And you start with just asking like, hey, what are the preliminary things I need to understand about this?
然后你可能会顺着其中一条线索深入,对吧?
And then you might pull on one of those threads, right?
最初当你研究视频模型时,你会想:'好吧,图像生成模型就像扩散模型,比如稳定扩散。'
First, when you were investigating video models, you're like, Okay, image generation models are like diffusion models, like stable diffusion.
然后你会想:'好吧,扩散模型到底是怎么工作的?'
And you're like, Okay, how the frick does a diffusion model work?
然后你可以让它给你解释,也许还能生成代码示例。
And then you would have it explain it to you, maybe generate code samples.
但每个环节你都会进一步追问。
But every aspect of that, you would then inquire further.
比如,我不理解这部分。
Like, I don't understand this part.
这是什么?
What what is this?
为什么这个被采用到这种模型架构中?
Why is this adopted to this model architecture?
哦,为什么要这样做?
Oh, why is this done this way?
好的。
Okay.
这个数学原理是怎么运作的?
How does that math work?
我是说,我读过你在x.com上非常受欢迎的帖子。
And I I mean, I read like your posts on on on x.com, which are very popular.
看起来你能够以一种持续提问直到完全理解的方式使用AI。
And it it looks like you're just able to use AI in a way where you continuously query until you have full understanding.
当你真正理解后,几乎可以像费曼学习法那样重新解释——最好的学习方式就是讲解事物,但现在你可以用AI来实现这一点。
And then when you do have full understanding, you almost like re explain similar to how Feynman the best way to learn is to to explain things, but now you can do it with AI.
对吧?
Right?
所以当你学习扩散模型时,在深入探讨某个非常技术性的话题后——你可能连梯度是什么都不知道,然后它会向你解释微积分或线性代数,你就能掌握这些知识。
So when you're learning about diffusion models, after going through a deep dive on some very technical topic where you might not even know what gradients are, and then it'll explain you calculus or some linear algebra and you pick that up.
但之后你需要向模型解释这些内容,然后它会澄清或指出你不理解的不同方面,你不断重复这个过程直到完全掌握。
But then you would explain it back to the model and then it will then clarify or like see different aspects that you don't understand and you keep repeating that until you have a very strong grasp.
在我看来这有点像递归填补空白,如果要用一个词来总结的话。
I see it bit as like recursive gap filling, if I would like summarize it in one word.
这里需要的技能是清楚知道自己知识体系中的空白在哪里。
It's like you need like the skill that's required here is knowing what gaps you have in your knowledge.
比如说你有一个AI模型或任何你想学习的东西,但要意识到自己哪部分没真正理解。
Like say you have an AI model or like whatever else you want to learn and understanding when you don't really understand a part.
这实际上相当困难。
It's actually pretty hard to do.
这需要你自己去训练和练习。
Like, it's something you need to train up and practice on yourself.
比如,等一下。
Like, wait a second.
我真的理解这部分了吗?
Do I really understand this part?
所以这是你需要具备的一个能力。
And then so that's one thing that you need.
第二点至少在你开始提问时,你需要对'顿悟时刻'有强烈的感知信号。
The second thing at least when you start asking questions, you need to have a real strong signal for when it clicks.
当你感觉'啊,这下我懂了'的时候。
When you're like, ah, there it clicked.
是的。
Yeah.
我能够从根本上理解这件事为何如此。
I can just understand like fundamentally why this thing is as it is.
其他人该如何学习
How would someone else learn how to
如何借助AI学习?
learn with AI?
这是个非常好的问题。
This is a very good question.
首先,要改变那种认为AI是替你完成工作的误解,转而明白应该利用AI来明确帮助你学习。
I mean, first of all, just change like the misconception of AI being used to do the work for you to instead you know, use the AI to explicitly help you learn.
不要仅仅用它来完成工作,而是要真正从中学习。
Like, you don't you don't just use it to get work done, actually learn from it.
当你转变这种思维方式时——虽然目前看来还不太普遍,但正变得越来越常见——你就已经具备了达成目标的大部分条件,对吧?
I mean, the moment you just switch that mindset, seems still fairly uncommon but it's becoming more and more common all the time, you have most of the things to get there, right?
要想真正精通,首先如我所说,要清楚自己知识上的空白点,理解彻底掌握某个概念时的感受,并且不断想出各种技巧——比如你会注意到JGPT总是以相当标准的方式回应,而你的学习方式可能并不完全符合它的回应模式,因为它要确保每个人都能有良好的体验。
And then to become really good, first of all, like I said, know when you have gaps in your knowledge, understand what it feels like when you fundamentally grasp something, and you know, constantly come up with all these hacks like you you notice the JGPT will respond in a fairly standard way and your way of learning is probably not exactly what it responds like because it wants to, you know, make sure everyone has a good experience.
没错。
Yep.
但你可能希望它以另一种方式回应。
But you probably want it to respond in another way.
我经常告诉你,比如要极其直接具体。
I very often tell you, for example, be extremely direct and concrete.
始终向我展示你生成代码的所有中间状态和形态。
Always show me all the intermediate states and the shapes of the code you produce.
确保我能直观地理解为什么会这样发生。
Make sure to to make sure I have, like, a really intuitive understanding of why it happens.
如果你不确定,一定要向我展示各种选项、别人尝试过的方法、为什么这个有效而另一个不行。
And if you're unsure, make sure you show me options and what others have tried and why this works and why something else didn't work.
这样你就能逐渐擅长提出那些能让你顿悟的问题。
And you start becoming good at asking these questions that give you the moment.
尽可能快地达到那个顿悟时刻。
As fast as possible, you wanna get to the moment.
对。
Yeah.
就像你第一次理解线性代数,或者第一次明白反向传播原理时,那种清晰的'啊哈'瞬间。
Like the first time you understood linear algebra or the first time you understood what back propagation works, you probably had a very clear like, oh, wow.
终于开窍了。
It finally clicked.
而追求这些顿悟时刻,并让它们尽可能频繁地出现,对吧?
And to chase these clicks and to make them appear like as frequent as possible, Right?
这就像是你的效用函数。
That's like kind of your utility function.
太疯狂了。
That's crazy.
在当今时代,要想保持竞争力并成为顶尖表现者。
It's like in modern day, in order to stay competitive and to be like top performing.
当你真诚地观察一个人时,他们能像你一样凭借快速查询信息的能力迅速跻身行业顶尖。
And when you look at someone, like honestly, they can they'll be at the top of the field pretty quickly like how you've done it just by the rate of being able to query for information.
没错。
Yep.
这大概就是当下最重要的技能了,对吧?
And that's probably like the most important skill now, would you Yeah.
而且,你知道,培养这种能力是另一个非常重要的积累过程。
And and and, you know, building up this like this is another very important, like build up.
当你脑海中产生疑问时,务必立即将其输入Chateappiti。
The moment you have a question in your head, make sure to get it into Chateappiti.
这一点非常难做到。
This one is very hard.
我记得这花了我...我那位一起创业的表哥当时就说:'老兄,Chateappiti上线了'。
This took me I remember my my cousin, the same cousin I started a company with, he was like, dude, Chateappiti is out.
那时候还是在...该怎么说来着?前前期阶段?
This is like pre pre like the what it's called?
就像,你回想这本书刚问世时,它就像个游乐场一样。
Like, you think of this book back in the day when it was just like a playground.
那是在GPT-3的超级早期阶段,远在ChatGPT出现之前。
It was like super early in GPT three, like before ChatGPT days.
是啊。
Yeah.
他还说,你为什么现在还没用上这个?
And he was like, why are you not using this yet?
你不是整天都在写代码吗?
Like, you're writing code all the time?
我就说,好吧,我试试看。
Like, yeah, I'm gonna try it out.
而且你知道,他每个月都在催我。
And, you know, he kept on pushing me every month.
我花了差不多一年时间才真正开始建立联系,意识到——哦,我遇到这个问题时可以用它
And it took me like a year until I really started connecting, like, oh, I have this problem.
我得问问Shashi Biti。
I need to ask Shashi Biti.
这太常见了,就像你经常遇到的人那样。
And it's so common, like, you you meet people all the time.
你在讨论中,人们总有各种问题,或者你和别人一起工作,他们也有各种疑问,你懂的。
You're in a discussion, and people have all these questions, or you sit co working with someone, they have all these questions, you know.
然后你就会觉得,每次有任何问题,任何时候需要猜测什么,就直接问Shachibati。
And you're like, you just ask It's like every time you have any kind of question, any time you need to guess about something, just constantly ask Shachibati.
就像,它总是在那里。
Like, it's it's always there.
是啊。
Yeah.
这几乎不费什么力气。
It's very low effort.
当然,你有一个非常简单的方式,可以随时询问Shachibati你好奇的任何事情,然后就能,你知道的,掌握世间所有知识。
Like, sure you have a very simple way to just ask Shachibati about anything you ever wonder, and you'll just, you know, have all knowledge in the world.
是的。
Yeah.
但关键之处在于几乎沉迷于那种能够快速达到领悟或内化某个概念的瞬间。
But the important part is like almost getting hooked on like how fast you can get to that moment of realizing or internalizing something.
以及能够巧妙地引导ChatGPT,不是泛泛而谈,而是让它提供非常具体或不同的类比,或者任何最适合你学习方式的表达形式
And the skill of being able to prop chat g b d, not in a generic way, but in a way where it'll give you very concrete or different analogies or whatever form factor that works best with your learning style
对。
Yeah.
从而让你理解并内化它。
For you to then understand and internalize that.
这确实很难。
Which is really hard.
或者说,我觉得自己挺笨的。
Or I mean, I think I'm pretty dumb.
所以有时候当我向GPT提问,它解释后,我就感觉
So it's like it's like sometimes when I ask the GPT stuff and it explains it and I'm like
我我不明白。
I I don't understand.
我不明白。
I don't understand.
这太难了。
It is just too hard.
然后你试了一次又一次,最后只能说,好吧。
And and you try again and you try again and you're like, okay.
当你真正抓住要点时,你会说,哦,好吧。
And then you really grab you're like, oh, you're like, okay.
是时候提升提问技巧了,对吧?
Prompting skills time, right?
然后你会说,好吧。
And and you're like, okay.
如果世界上这些功能不存在,如果那些从未存在过会怎样?
What if these these features in the world didn't exist and what if that never existed?
他们是否仍会发明这个东西,并用12岁小孩能懂的方式解释给我听?
Would they still have invented this thing and explain it to me like I'm 12?
要知道,生成展示分布情况的图表,这些正是我需要理解的关键信息。
Know, generate graphs showing the distributions that I need to know to really understand this.
要知道,有无数创意方法可以从Chateappeti中提取你所需的信息。
You know, there's so many creative ways you can use to to really extract the information you need from Chateappeti.
我认为我学到的很多东西,特别是通过早期模型如Chateappiti的经验——它一直在不断进步。
And I think a lot of the things I've learned, especially like with previous models, like Chateappiti is becoming so much better all the time.
但大约一年前模型还没这么强大时,有些知识如果我不真正掌握信息提取技巧,可能根本学不会。
But like like a year ago when the models weren't as strong, some of the things I've learned is like, I probably couldn't learn them if I didn't like really know how to extract the information.
比如我可以把问题问上一千遍,让它改写一千遍。
Like I I could ask the question a thousand times and make it rephrase it a thousand times.
我就是无法理解。
I just didn't wouldn't understand.
这就是为什么这个要从小学就开始教Shashi Bati。
This this is why this is teach Shashi Bati in in, like, from elementary school.
这就像,你知道的,一种全新的语言。
This is like, you know, a a new language.
这就像,你知道的,你仍然需要生活中的其他一切,比如创造力、能动性等等,但知识已经进入一个全新的时代。
This is like, you know, you still need all the other things in life, like creativity and agency and like all these other things, but knowledge is a completely new era.
你无法将这与任何其他事物相提并论。
Like you can't compare this with anything else.
一个非常具体的例子,因为人们似乎没有意识到AI将如何急剧地改变世界。
Very concrete example of this, because people don't seem to realize how AI, how abruptly this will change the world.
比如现在,我正在做一份传统上大家都认为需要博士学位的工作。
Like currently, I'm doing a job which traditionally everyone would agree you need like a PhD for.
对吧?
Right?
有一群人没有博士学位也做到了,但如果你五年前告诉别人,说在顶级AI实验室里会雇佣一个没有...你知道的...暂时没有相关资质的人。
There's a bunch of people who have done it without a PhD, but like if you told someone like five years ago like, oh yeah, at one of the top AI labs, someone will be hired who hasn't, you know the Got a thing for a while.
而他唯一拥有的就是...他在其他领域做过很多很酷的事情,但对这个领域一无所知。
And the only thing he had was that he had was like they done like all these very cool things on other areas, but they didn't know anything about this thing.
人们会说,不可能。
People are like, no.
那那那是不可能的。
That that that's not possible.
对吧?
Right?
但现在的情况是,我只需使用Chateapiti就能完成传统上需要多年经验的人才能做的工作。
But we are now in a scenario where I can do the job, traditionally only, you know, downward people have done it for like multiple years, just by using Chateapiti.
这太疯狂了。
That's insane.
世界在Chateapiti的推动下会发展得多快啊。
Like, the amount how fast the world will develop with Chateapiti.
你可以随心所欲地进行任何领域的研究。
Like, you can just do research in anything you want.
如果你想开始做生物研究,或者硬件研究,你完全可以立即着手去做。
If you wanna start doing bio research, you wanna start doing like hardware, you can just go and do things.
这简直不可思议。
It's just incredible.
是啊。
Yeah.
这真的像是世界GDP的两位数增长,仅仅来自大型语言模型。
This is this is really like a double digit increase in world GDP, like just coming from large language models.
而且任何人都能做到。
And anyone can do it.
他们
They
知道如何使用ChatGPT。
know how to use ChatGPT.
没错。
Yeah.
每月只需20美元。
It's $20 per month.
要知道,这些思维模型在编程和理解事物方面表现得非常非常出色。
And you know, the thinking models are like really, really good when it comes to like coding and like understanding things.
你如何利用ChatGPT来学习,同时构建出世界顶级的视频模型之一?
How do you use ChatGPT to learn as you build out like one of the world's best video models?
这非常简单。
It's very simple.
很多人问我这个问题,他们总是很困惑,比如,你到底是怎么做的?
A lot of people ask me this and they're always confused like, okay, what do you actually do?
比如,你会怎么做?
Like, what do you do?
而且,你知道,他们想象——我不知道他们想象什么,但肯定是些非常非常特别的东西。
And, you know, they imagine I don't know what they imagine, but, know, something very, very special.
对吧?
Right?
而且这其实相当简单。
And it's it's fairly simple.
你看视频时会觉得,哦,这部分看起来不太理想。
You know, you look at the video and you're like, oh, this part of the video doesn't look very good.
于是你去稍微调整模型架构,或者修改数据之类的,然后训练模型,查看结果,盯着视频看一会儿,发现这些视频效果更好了,那很棒。
So you go and you change the architecture in the model a bit or you change the data or something and you know, you you train the model, you look at the results, you stare at videos for a while and you're like, oh, these videos were better, that's great.
这部分会合并到主分支。
This this goes into to master.
然后你就这样循环操作。
And then you just do that on a loop.
对吧?
Right?
接着你会想,好,下一个要修复或尝试的是什么?
And you're like, okay, what's the next thing that I wanna fix or the next thing I wanna try?
这正是AI真正擅长的领域。
And that's where like AI is really good.
对吧?
Right?
因为这就像,哦,我遇到了这个具体问题。
Because it's like, oh, I have this specific problem.
你好,AI。
Hello AI.
你看,这是我的全部代码库。
You know, here's my entire code base.
告诉我10个可以改进它的点子。
Tell me 10 ideas of what I can do to improve this.
对吧?
Right?
它会给你一堆建议。
It'll tell you a bunch of ideas.
它会推荐你可以阅读的论文。
It'll refer to papers you can read.
它能完成所有这些非常棒的事情。
It'll do all these, like, really great things.
它会给你一大堆非常适合头脑风暴的点子。
And it will give you, like, a bunch of ideas that it's really good to brainstorm with.
你知道,你可以把这些想法带给你的同事,和他们讨论,他们都是非常优秀的人。
You know, you can bring all these ideas to your colleagues and, talk to them who are just, extremely good.
而且,是的,这相当直接明了。
And, yeah, it's, like, fairly straightforward.
哇。
Wow.
它是如何找到其他研究论文来建议你探索的?
How does it find, like, other research papers to to suggest you to explore?
它只是
It just
知道这些。
knows about that.
它,就是知道。
It just, knows.
是的。
Yeah.
这就像是四点零版本,我觉得即便是更早的模型,你只需打印出链接并点击它们。
It's it's like four point o just pretty I think even earlier models, you just print out the links and press the link.
找一些讨论这个主题的论文。
Find some papers talking about this.
然后,你知道的,显然我不会逐字逐句地读这些论文。
Then, you know, obviously I don't read the papers word for word.
你刚才说的是GBT吗?
You know You said GBT?
我会给出我的指令,比如:'给我列出这篇论文与众不同的地方'。
I have my my instructions like, want to, you know, give me a list of things this paper did differently.
因为很多时候,论文会采用一些我已经熟知的技术,并在此基础上引入新内容。
Because oftentimes, the paper, they take some technique that I already know about and they introduce some new things to it.
我就直接问它:'好的,与其他研究相比,给我一个具体清单,明确指出他们相比之前的研究做了哪些不同的事。'
And I just ask it, okay, compared to the other thing, tell me a list and be extremely concrete of exactly what they did that compares to the previous thing.
这是个非常棒的总结方法。
And that's a really good summarization.
很多时候你会觉得,这篇论文可能通不过。
And often at times, you know, you're like, ah, this paper probably wouldn't make it.
不值得尝试,直接看下一篇就好。
It's not worth trying out and you can just go to the next one.
或者你会觉得,这篇论文真的很棒。
Or you're like, ah, this paper is really good.
我只有在决定要实施时才会深入阅读论文。
Like, I only read the paper in-depth if I actually decide to implement it.
然后可能会在遇到bug时再仔细研读。
And then I probably will will read it when I'm if I have bugs.
我大概就是把所有代码一扔,说'把这个实现到我代码里'。
Like, I'm probably just like throwing all my code and be like, hey, implement this into my code.
对吧?
Right?
我就直接复制粘贴进去。
I just copy paste it in.
哦,哇。
Oh, wow.
你知道,我肯定会仔细阅读代码的。
And you know, I I obviously make sure to like really read through the code.
是的。
Yeah.
我认为绝不能随便扔代码进去,这极其重要。
I think it's extremely important that you can't just throw in code.
你不能凭感觉写代码吗?
You can't just vibe code?
不行。
No.
我我我不是那种凭感觉写代码的人。
I'm I'm I'm not the vibe coder.
我对代码有着非常明确的观点。
I'm I'm very opinionated when it comes to code.
不。
No.
听起来你采取了一种截然不同的方式,比如,如果你真的想构建一些非常具体的东西,就需要理解所有细节。
It sounds like you have, like, the a very different approach where, like, if you actually wanna build, like, you know, really concrete things, like you need to understand everything.
对吧?
Right?
是的。
Yeah.
尤其是当你处于某个领域的前沿时。
Because especially if you're pushing like a forefront of any field.
没错。
Yeah.
我的意思是,我想理解所有的基础知识。
I mean, I want to understand all the foundations.
我觉得人们的第一反应通常是,哦,你只是想走捷径。
I think the the first reaction people have is like, oh, you just wanna take shortcuts.
你并不是真的想理解事物。
You don't really wanna understand things.
你只是觉得自己能靠一堆AI技术蒙混过关。
You just think you can slip out a bunch of AI slope.
对吧?
Right?
而我认为这是
And I think this is
完全不对的。
not correct at all.
就像我
Like I
我想走捷径,那是
I wanna take shortcuts, that's
确实如此。
for sure.
但我想要通过捷径来理解所有基础知识。
But I wanna take shortcuts to understand all the foundations.
是啊。
Yeah.
这件事非常重要。
And that's very important this thing.
看起来人们要么站在一边说'让AI代劳所有工作',
Like it seems like either you're on the camp like, okay, AI slope, do all the work for me.
我永远都不想工作。
I never wanna work.
要么就认为必须上大学,因为大学垄断了基础知识,必须由教授来传授。
Or you're in the camp, you need to go to college, they have a monopoly on all the foundational knowledge, you need to have this taught by a professor.
而教授其实并不处于中间立场,对吧?
And a professor is not really in between, right?
我是说,你需要所有这些,而AI很棒。
Mean, you need all these things and AI is great.
你应该在所有事情上都使用它。
You should use it for everything.
我们应该使用
We should use
它来理解一切,是的。
it to understand everything Yeah.
训练它就像是人类与AI的共生关系,旨在增强你的大脑和能力。
And train it's like human AI symbiosis in terms of like just enhancing your brain and enhancing your ability.
所以你现在在斯德哥尔摩。
So you're in Stockholm.
你离开了你的第一个创业公司。
You left your first startup.
你是怎么来到旧金山的?
And how did you find your way to San Francisco?
你做了什么?
What did you do?
是的。
Yeah.
我一直知道自己想继续在初创公司工作。
I always knew I wanted to continue to work in startups.
我一直把目光投向旧金山,因为我知道,我认识的所有最优秀的人都搬到了这里。
And I'll always had my sights on San Francisco because, know, all the best people I knew had moved here.
所有那些,你知道的,人们谈论的最好的公司都在这里。
All the, you know, all the best companies people were talking about were were here.
我意识到,或许我应该尽可能高效地快速学习。
And I noticed that like, probably I should just like super optimize for learning as fast as possible.
遗憾的是那时候还没有ChatGPT,不然想想我现在会是什么样子,如果当初学习时就有它的话。
This was sadly pre like just imagine where I would have been now if I had ChatGPT when starting to learn things.
亿万富翁了。
A billionaire.
是啊。
Yeah.
而且那时候,你能做的最好的事就是和最优秀的人共事。
And and like, back then the best thing you could do was to work with the very best people.
所以我就是这么尝试的。
So that's what I tried to do.
那么怎样才能和最优秀的人共事呢?
And so how do you work with the best people?
嗯,你要尽可能多地接触不同的公司。
Well you talk to as many companies as possible.
你要确保——明白吗——面试那个正在面试你的人,对吧?
You make sure you know, interview the person interviewing you, right?
比如:你做过些什么?
Like what have you done?
你们团队做代码审查吗?
Like do you guys do pull requests?
你们会认真审查我的PR吗?这样我才能真正知道自己犯了哪些错误?
Do you make sure to really review my PR so I actually know what mistakes I do?
后来我成功加入了几家拥有非常、非常优秀工程师的公司。
And I managed to join a couple companies with like really, really talented engineers.
我还特别注意保持自由职业者的身份工作。
I also made sure to to be like I generally worked as a contractor.
人们常犯的最大错误就是在职业生涯初期,在同一家公司待得太久。
Like the biggest mistakes people do is that they stay with the same company for way too long, early in their careers.
这绝对是我在人们职业生涯中看到的最大错误。
That's like by far the biggest mistake I see in people's careers.
听起来你高中辍学一年后,在第一家公司之后,就一直在寻找你认为最优秀的团队、工程师或合作伙伴。
So it sounds like a year after dropping out of high school, you know, after your first company, you just kept finding the best teams or the best engineers or the best people that you thought, you know, you could work with.
你与他们共事一段时间,学习经验后,又不断寻找新的机会或更好的团队,然后你...
And you work with them for a bit, you learn what it could, and then you kept finding new opportunities or like better teams and you
是的。
Yeah.
我过去只接受合同工角色,以确保在工作地点选择上能保持高度灵活性。
I used to only take contractor roles to make sure that I that I could be very mobile in the places I work with.
你努力寻找能与最优秀人才共事的最佳工作环境。
You try to find the best places to work with with the best people.
是的。
Yeah.
你尽可能与他们紧密合作。
You try to work as closely with them as possible.
确保对你所从事的工作有主见,这样就不会只做别人不愿做的任务,否则你就学不到东西。
Make sure you're opinionated about what you're working with so you don't only get to do like the tasks no one else wants to do because then you're not learning.
务必真诚感谢那些审阅你代码的人。
Make sure you really show appreciation for the people reviewing your code.
没错。
Yeah.
因为那是最好的资源来源
Because that's the best source of Or
获取反馈。
getting feedback.
总的来说就是获取反馈。
Getting feedback in general.
要知道,主动寻求反馈。
And you know, hunt feedback.
我是说,告诉人们,嘿,我真的很喜欢你的评审。
I mean, tell people, hey, I really like your review.
你能帮我逐条评审所有反馈吗?
Can you just review every single feedback on mine?
人们会感到震惊。
People will like shocked.
就像,哇哦。
Like, oh, wow.
我从没听说过有人喜欢反馈。
I'd never heard someone liking feedback before.
是的没错。
This is yeah.
当然,我
Of course, I
确实如此。
do feel Yeah.
这很罕见,因为人们通常都会回避,因为他们已经完成了学业,现在在工作了。
It's rare because people usually shy away because they already did their schooling and now they're working.
但是没错。
But Yeah.
作为一个年轻人,没有什么真正的荣誉,你就像个无名小卒,没有学位
As a young person with like no really accolades, you're like a middle you're you're nobody with no degree
对。
Yeah.
没错,对你来说学习的方式就是加入最好的团队,然后非常灵活,同时似乎还要不断寻求反馈。
Right, you the way for you to learn is like join the best teams and then be very nimble, but also relentlessly seek feedback it seems.
是的,你知道的,直接打电话给他们。
Yeah, and you know call them up.
打电话给他们,然后说,嘿,那个评审很棒,现在我们一起在电话里过一遍所有评论,对吧?
Call them up and be like, hey, that was a great review, now let's go through all the comments together on a call, right?
你能学到很多,就像追问后续问题一样,比如问题出在哪里,要成为一名真正优秀的工程师是极其困难的。
You learn so much and you just like ask follow-up questions like what's the issue, like there's like Becoming a really good engineer is extremely hard.
这个领域非常广泛。
It's like such a wide area.
有很多基础原理和直觉需要你去理解。
There are like so many like first principles things and intuitions you need to understand.
当你了解它们时它们相当简单,但学习起来可能非常困难。
And they're pretty easy when while you know them, but they can be very hard to learn learn.
如果有人直接告诉你这些,而你又擅长掌握它们,那真是...
And to have someone just straight up tell them to you and you being good at like picking them up is like such a such a In the
就像很久以前,你只能从现有的工程师或老师那里获取这些,但现在你还有AI可以做到这一点。
same way that whereas long before, you know, you only can do that from maybe like an existing engineer or maybe a teacher, but now you also have AI who can do that.
现在的AI
The AI Now
你可以在任何公司随时进行这个操作。
you can do this on demand at any company.
可以直接开始
Can just start in
你自己的公司。
your own company.
可能是凌晨4点,你还在熬夜编程或制作东西。
Could be like 4AM and you've been up coding or making something Yeah.
或者正在写论文或研究什么,你仍然可以向AI寻求反馈。
Or like writing a paper or researching something and you can still ask AI for feedback Yeah.
并解释为什么这个决定更好?
And explain you why was this why is this a better decision?
我经常这样做。
I do this all the time.
我觉得,当你发现生活中某件事特别有效时,就应该最大限度地利用它。
I I think like when you've found something in life that works really well, you should exploit it like to the maximum.
比如每天问ChatGPT一百个问题,对吧?
Like ask ChatGPT a 100 questions per day, right?
是啊。
Yeah.
我总是开着ChatGPT的标签页,写完代码就扔进去问:这样行吗?这样好吗?这样不错吧?
Like I always have tabs open with ChatGPT, I write code, throw it in there and I'm like, is this good, is this good, this is good.
有没有什么漏洞?我还能怎么改进?
Are there any bugs, what can I do better?
你懂的,何乐而不为呢?
You know, why not?
它可能会告诉你:哦,目前看起来没问题。
I mean, it'll probably tell you, oh, it looks fine right now.
但有时候会说:啊对,这里有个bug,或者你可以用这种方法实现,然后推销那个Simta。
But something's like, oh, yeah, there's a bug or oh, yeah, you can do it in this way and sell that Simta.
对吧?
Right?
你就是在持续学习。
You just constantly learn.
是啊。
Yeah.
如果你每天真问上一百次,那就相当于一百个精心构思的问题或后续追问。
If you're doing it like literally a 100 times a day, that's like a 100 well thought out questions or follow-up questions Yeah.
这样你就能超越世界上99.9%的人了。
And you're just able to outpace ninety nine point nine percent of people in the world Yeah.
作为一个高中辍学生。
As a high school dropout.
没错。
Yeah.
还应该补充一点,我认为人类身上依然有太多宝贵建议值得汲取。
And it should be added like, I think there's still so much valuable advice to be be had from humans.
要知道,当涉及到观点之类的事情时,如果你想想模型是如何训练的,它们基于互联网上的所有数据进行训练,而这些数据五花八门。有时候它们可能会产生奇怪的观点,对吧?
There's like still, know, when it when it comes to like opinions and and things like if you imagine about how how how models are trained, they train all data on the Internet and there's a bunch of different And you know, sometimes they might have weird opinions, right?
我是说,与真实且最优秀的人合作仍然具有很大价值。
I mean, there's still a lot of value in working with like the real and best people.
是的。
Yep.
但现在你通过AI能获得其中95%的价值。
But you can get like 95% of that now, which is the AI.
所以要与最优秀的人合作,获取他们的反馈,同时无论走到哪里都要不断向AI提问,从而对你想要解决的任何问题和想要学习的任何概念建立深刻理解。
So work with the best people, get feedback from them, but also constantly query AI wherever you go to build very deep understandings of any problem you wanna solve and any concept you wanna learn.
没错。
Yep.
你当时正在向这些资深工程师学习。
You were learning from these senior engineers.
你在不同的公司做合同工,比如不同的YC公司或各种不同的机会。
You're contracting at different companies, like different YC companies or like different all all these different opportunities.
如果你没上过学,也没有高中文凭,是怎么最终来到美国的呢?
How did you end up coming to America if you didn't go to school, if you didn't have a high school diploma?
是的。
Yeah.
最开始是加入了一家叫DataLand的公司。
It started out with joining a company called DataLand.
我们做的有点像Airtable,但性能更强,更以开发者为中心,嗯。
We're doing kind of like a air table, but way more performant and like developer first and and yeah.
可以说是一个可扩展的Airtable。
A scalable air table, you could say.
那是个非常重要的决定。
And that was a very important decision.
我在那里和一位极其优秀的工程师共事。
I I I was working there with with an engineer who's extremely talented.
他非常喜欢教导别人。
And he just loved to teach people.
哦。
Oh.
而且他喜欢追求完美的代码,这对我来说再好不过了,因为你知道,我写代码时他会给每个PR(代码审查)写上百条评论。
And he'd love having perfect code, which is perfect for me because, you know, I write code and he'd just do like a 100 comments per PR.
哇。
Wow.
有一次我不得不打电话问他,'嘿,你觉得这个怎么样?'
And I had to call him at a time and be like, hey, what do think like this?
他非常擅长从第一性原理出发,解释为什么某段代码要那样写。
And he would be really good at like explaining the first principles reasons for why some color was written in a certain way.
后来有段时间,你知道,我在瑞典远程工作,而他们在纽约,我当时就想,'我真的想去美国'。
And at some point, you know, I was working remotely from Sweden and they were in in New York and I was like, yeah, I really wanna go to The US.
我想这就是我最初想去美国的契机。
And I think this is where I first wanted to go to The US.
最终没能成行是因为公司转型做了其他业务,所以我决定离开。
This ended up not happening because the company pivoted and to something like so something else I decided to leave.
但那算是我的第一次。
But that was like my first.
我在那里启动了一个流程,申请了一种叫J1签证的东西,更像是你可以称之为实习签证的类型。
Like, I started a process there, something called a j one visa, which is more like a you could say like an internship visa.
是的。
Yep.
因为我们当时都挺年轻的。
Because we were all pretty short.
就像,是的,我拿不到O1签证。
Like, yeah, I can't get an o one visa.
根本不可能。
There's like no way.
而且你知道,你不需要赢得诺贝尔奖,但需要满足各种杂七杂八的条件。
And it's, you know, you don't need to win the Nobel Prize, so you need like all these random things.
我当时就说,对啊。
I was like, yeah.
根本不可能。
There's no way.
比如,我怎么可能做到这个?
Like, how how how could I do this?
然后我花了很多时间思考接下来要做什么。
And then I ended up spending a lot of time trying to figure out what I wanted to do next.
这就像是我去旧金山的时候,持ESTA签证待了几个月,到处和人交流,试图搞清楚大多数人在这里做什么。
And this is one of the like, when when I went to San Francisco, and I was here on the ESTA visa for a couple of months just talking to people, trying to figure out, like, okay, what's most people do here?
比如,最酷的公司有哪些?
Like, what's coolest companies?
最后我加入了Midjourney。
And there I ended up joining Midjourney.
加入Midjourney后,感觉就是,对。
After joining Midjourney, was like, yeah.
好的。
Okay.
现在我或许我们可以搞定O1签证。
Now I maybe we can do o one.
结果发现O1签证有非常多创造性的获取途径。
And and turns out that o one visa, there's like so many creative ways you can get an o one visa.
非常多创造性的方式。
Very many creative ways.
比如,我们申请O1签证时就用到了我在Stack Overflow上的帖子。
For example, one thing we used for my o one visa was my Stack Overflow posts.
我记得我表哥说过:你在浪费时间回答一堆Stack Overflow问题。
I remember my cousin telling me, oh, you're wasting your time answering a bunch of Stack Overflow questions.
我当时就想:你不懂。
I was like, you don't know.
说不定哪天就能派上用场呢。
Maybe it's helpful at some point.
结果证明,Stack Overflow的帖子确实可以作为证明材料——你看,这不就用上了,伊万。
And turns out, Stack Overflow posts can be counted as, yeah, here we have it, Ivan.
这是我在Stack Overflow上关于此事的帖子,你可以
Here's my post about it on So you can
利用Stack Overflow的帖子来满足学术出版标准。没错。
use Stack Overflow posts to get the academic publishing criteria Yeah.
为你的O-1签证。
For your o one.
这是完全合理的。
Which is legitimate.
比如,我的帖子有数百万次的浏览量。
Like, I I have, like, millions and millions of of of views.
很多同行会评审你的帖子。
A lot of, peers will review your your posts.
他们非常严格。
They're very strict.
他们会给不实内容点踩并删除。
They will downvote and remove anything that's not true.
如果你获得赞同票,说明你帮助了一群人,这正是标准所在。
And if you get upvotes, you you're helping a bunch of people, which was the criteria.
比如,你帮助过别人吗?
Like, have you helped people?
我觉得像GitHub或Stack Overflow这样的平台,确实是为自己辩护的一种非常有创意的方式。
I think like with GitHub or like Stack Overflow, it's definitely a very creative way to argue for your own one.
是啊。
Yeah.
那么你是怎么...Midjourney是最大也是最好的人工智能图像生成公司。
And so how did you Midjourney is one of the biggest and best is the best AI image generation company.
你是怎么最终在那里工作的?
How did you end up working there?
是啊。
Yeah.
还挺有意思的。
Was kinda interesting.
我是说,要在职业生涯中确定性地达到某个目标极其困难。
I mean, it's extremely hard to deterministically go somewhere in your career.
某种程度上你想做的事,你知道,非常老套,就是大家都在说的那些。
And kinda what you wanna do, it's, know, very cliche, what everyone's saying.
对吧?
Right?
但就像是,你需要在各处都创造许多小机会,明白吗?
But it's like, you wanna have, like, a bunch of small chances everywhere, right?
你就是要广撒网。
You just wanna go wide.
你要展示自己做过的项目,确保有非常出色的演示作品,尽可能多接触人,比如参加活动并当场请人引荐,确保他们就在活动现场完成介绍。
You wanna post things that you've done, you wanna make sure you have really good demos, wanna reach out to as many people as possible, like go to events and like ask people for intros and make sure they do the intro at the event.
最关键的是要立刻行动,比如:'哦你现在就想介绍我?'
Really first, it's like, okay, oh you want to intro me?
那就现在当场介绍吧。
Well yeah, let's do it right now.
一个区别。
A difference.
采取行动以确保其真正发生。
Action so that it actually happens.
是的。
Yeah.
你确保结果,这是一个高度自主性的举动。
You make sure the results It is a very high agency move.
没错。
Yeah.
同时要非常明确你能为他们提供什么价值,并确保他们明白你不是无名小卒。
And also be very clear with how you can give them value and make sure they understand that you're not a nobody.
对吧?
Right?
我曾经是无名小卒,但当你展示任何东西时,比如,哦,我做了这个——例如我做了一个叫Fast Grid的东西。
I was a nobody but the moment you show anything at all like, oh, I made this like something I made for example is this thing called Fast Grid.
这就像是一个性能超强的网页表格,你看,每次当你和那些你认为能帮到你的人交谈时,你得确保向他们展示你的价值所在,对吧?
It's like a really performant web table and you just showed you know, anytime you talk to someone that that you think is relevant that can help you, you know, make sure you you show them that you're relevant, right?
哦,我做了这个超酷的东西,你应该看看。
Oh, I built this really cool thing, you should see it.
他们总是会说,哇,这真的太酷了。
And they're always like, oh wow, this is really cool.
然后突然间,你会发现他们有一堆创业的朋友。
And now suddenly, you know, they have a bunch of friends that start startups for example.
现在他们想把你介绍给这些人,因为他们见识过你的真本事。
And now they want to interview you to them because they have seen that you know things.
就像每个人都想帮你一样。
Like everyone wants to help you.
前提是你要先确保自己能展示出价值,这样他们才能从你这里获得社交资本
If you first can make sure you know that that that you can show them because they can get get a bunch of like you know social value from you know
做个引荐。
Doing an intro.
是的。
Yes.
为了介绍。
For intro.
哦,你雇了我介绍给你的人。
Oh, you hired someone I introduced to you.
对吧?
Right?
而且他们是个好员工。
And they're a good hire.
如果你是个无名小卒,如果你来自某个不知名的地方,比如瑞典的某个偏远小镇。
If you are a nobody, if you are from the middle of nowhere like how, you know, you're from the middle of nowhere in Sweden.
如果你是个无名小卒,你要如何向重要人物展示你的价值?
If you're a nobody, how would you go about showing your value to someone important?
我给大家的首要建议是做一个极其简单的演示。
The number one thing I recommend to people is making a demo that is super super simple.
实际上,由于诸多原因,要制作一个好的演示确实非常困难。
It's actually really hard to make a good demo for a lot of reasons.
大家都觉得难是因为他们认为需要制作一个复杂的演示,而自己又缺乏相关技能。
Everyone thinks it's hard because they need to make a demo that is hard and they don't have the skills.
这种想法大错特错。
This is very not true.
你可以做得非常简单,甚至不需要太多编程知识就能做出非常酷炫的演示。
You can make very simple like, you don't need that much code knowledge to make a really cool cool demo.
制作演示最难的部分是确保人们能在三秒内明白你会编程。
The hard part of making a demo is making sure that people understand why you can code within three seconds.
要知道,每个岗位可能都有上百名申请者。
You know, you have like a 100 like applicants for something.
如果你只提交一个链接,他们点开时你只有一次机会,对吧?
If you apply with one link and they press the link and you know you have one shot, right?
关键是要确保你制作的演示足够惊艳,让人一眼就能看懂内容——这确实很难。
Like making sure you build a really cool demo where people understand what they're looking at which is really hard Yeah.
而且要让人们明白你是个非常优秀的工程师,这确实很难,但这就是关键所在。
And where people understand that you're a really good engineer which is really hard, but then you're there.
我是说,这就是他们想看到的全部。
I mean that's all they wanna see.
公司只想赚钱,你向他们展示如何赚钱、证明你会编程,他们就会雇佣你。
I mean companies just wanna make money, you show them how to make money that you can code and they'll hire you.
然后你可能会说,但他们只招有学历的人。
And then you might say, oh, but they only hire people with degrees.
确实,因为根本没人向他们证明过自己能胜任这份工作。
Well yeah, because literally no one has ever showed them that they can do their work.
他们会说,哦,我有过这些实习经历。面试官就会问,好吧,你在那里做了什么?
They're like, oh, I had this internships And the interviewer would be like, okay, what did you do there?
哦,我优化了流程,将效率提高了30%。
Oh, I streamlined pipelines and made things 30% more efficient.
面试官就会说,好吧,这根本说明不了任何问题。
And the interviewer was like, okay, well, that tells me literally nothing.
好的,还有别的吗?
Okay, what else?
你都做过些什么?
What have you done?
哦,我上了哈佛,成绩优异。
Oh, I went to Harvard, I have the best grades.
但我还是不知道你能不能胜任这份工作,对吧?
Well, I still don't know if you can do the job, right?
哦,但我有很多课外活动,我是辩论冠军。
Oh, but I have all this extracurricular, I was a debate champion.
你开始列举所有这些父母和周围人会告诉你的东西。
You start going on about all these things that the parents will tell you, people around you will tell you.
这些都不重要。
Nothing matters.
唯一重要的原因是没人能证明自己能做事。
The only reason it matters is because no one can show that they can do anything.
于是他们开始听这些类似代理的东西。
So then they start listening to these like proxy things.
一般来说没人在乎。
No one generally cares.
现在确实有些人在乎。
Now there are people who actually cares.
对吧?
Right?
这些人是谁?
Who are these people?
首席运营官永远不会在乎。
The CO will never care.
他们永远不会在乎。
They will never care.
他们只想着赚钱。
They just wanna make money.
对吧?
Right?
这很棒。
Which is great.
你只需要想,嘿,我能赚钱。
You just, hey, I can make money.
哦,太好了。
Oh, great.
这里有个任务。
Here's a task.
明白吗?
Know?
一切都很完美。
Everything's perfect.
当你离CO越远,事情就越困难,因为人们开始失去为公司做最佳选择的动力。
When the further away from the CO you comes, the harder it becomes because people start losing incentives to do the best thing for the company.
那么取而代之会出现什么情况呢?
And instead, what comes up instead?
他们只是不想搞砸。
Well, they don't want to fuck up.
他们只是不想输。
They just don't want to lose.
是啊。
Yeah.
所以他们要怎么招人,如果招错了人就拿不到钱?
So how do they hire someone that if they are a bad hire, they will not get any money?
你会看传统资历,比如他们是否毕业于顶尖学校。
You go through conventional accolades like they went to the top school.
正是如此。
Exactly.
哦,他们毕业于顶尖学校。
Oh, they went to the top school.
我怎么能知道他们不行呢?
How could I know they were bad?
对吧?
Right?
是啊。
So Yeah.
这样招聘者就不会犯错了。
Then the recruiter doesn't make a mistake.
对吧?
Right?
所以这就是,你知道,要避免的情况。
So that's the you know, the thing to to avoid.
比如要避开那些对公司没有利益驱动的人。
Like avoid people who have no incentives in the company.
所以通常要避开公司内部的招聘人员。
So generally avoid recruiters at a company.
是啊。
Yeah.
他们甚至都不懂技术。
Like they're not even technical.
他们根本分不清好坏。
They can't even know if they're good or bad.
他们只会关注那些间接信号。
They will only go on all these like proxy signals.
所以人们总说需要学历,因为这就是他们评判的全部标准。
And that's why people say I need a degree because you know, that's everything they say.
人们不知道其实可以直接和人交流。
People don't know that you can just talk to people.
去参加技术人员的活动就行,我认识的每家初创公司都想雇佣那些主动性强、学习能力强的人。
Just go to an event with tech people and like every single start up I know wants to hire people who have high agency and can learn things.
没错。
Yeah.
说真的,如果你真的很擅长使用ChatGPT,你在某个活动上看到这些人,主动过去跟他们交谈,给他们一些建议,然后说'嘿,我们能不能免费合作一周试试看?'
Literally, if you're really good at using ChatGPT, you saw one of these people at a random event, you went up and talked to them, and you give them some advice, and you're like, yeah, I'd like to can we try working together for a week for free?
这会超级有趣。
This would be super fun.
就像,我刚刚想到的这些随机点子可以和你一起尝试,你这边不需要任何承诺,也不用花时间,就当免费测试一下我是否靠谱。
Like, have these random ideas I just came up with that I can work with with you that are, you know, no commitment from your side, no time from your side, just like get a free data point if I'm good or not.
对。
Yeah.
而且他们100%会答应。
And a 100% of them would say yes.
他们会说'哦,太棒了'。
They're like, oh, great.
我什么都不用做就能看出你水平如何。
I don't need to do anything and I can see if you're good.
没错。
Yeah.
比如说,如果你是一个通常懂很多东西的人,甚至不需要懂太多。
Like, if you're generally a person who knows things and like, not not even knows things.
如果你只是一个会使用ChatGPT的聪明人,你明天就能找到工作。
If you if you're just a smart person who can use Chateappetik, you can get a job tomorrow.
然后人们就会说,但这有风险。
And here's where people are like, but it's a risk.
对吧?
Right?
我上不了大学。
I won't get into college.
我做不了所有这些事。
I won't do all these things.
其实根本没有风险。
There is no risk.
你甚至可以用零风险的方式来做这件事。
And you can even do it the risk free way.
直接申请大学。
Just apply to college.
你可以去上大学。
You can go to college.
对。
Yeah.
申请大学。
Apply to college.
等你上了大学,再申请工作。
And when you're in college, apply to jobs.
对吧?
Right?
而且完全没有风险。
And there's zero risk.
你只需要多花些时间申请其他工作。
You just put some extra times into applying to other jobs.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。