本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
这个BBC播客由英国境外的广告支持。
This BBC podcast is supported by ads outside The UK.
我们关注的是
We focus on the part of
大多数人不知道的互联网部分。
the Internet that most people don't know about.
它被称为
It's called
暗网。
the dark web.
在暗网最隐秘的角落里,美国特别特工正执行任务,寻找并解救遭受虐待的儿童。
Undercover in the furthest corners of the dark web, US special agents are on a mission to locate and rescue children from abuse.
现在行动。
Move in now.
从
From
BBC世界服务《秘密世界》节目,深入最黑暗的网络,追踪他们令人震惊的调查。
the BBC World Service, World of Secrets, the darkest web follows their shocking investigations.
请在bbc.com或您收听BBC播客的任何平台收听。
Listen on bbc.com or wherever you get your BBC podcasts.
在北爱尔兰各地、您的收音机以及BBC Sounds上均可收听。
Across Northern Ireland, on your radio, and on BBC Sounds.
这是
This is
斯蒂芬·诺兰秀。
The Stephen Nolan Show.
早上好。
Good morning.
这不是一个媒体泡沫新闻。
Not a media bubble story.
我在这档节目中经常提到,当你们听到北爱尔兰警察局(PSNI)——那是多年前的事了——窃取记者信息的事情。
As I constantly say during this show, when you hear about the PSNI, and it was years ago that we know about, stealing journalists' information.
为什么这不算一个媒体泡沫话题?
Why is that not a media bubble story?
因为你依赖记者,信任他们,并通过记者说出真相。
Because you come to journalists and trust them and use journalists to speak truth to part.
今天早上这是一个非常重要的故事,就像我们另一个重大新闻——议员薪酬,以及他们可能接受27%的加薪提议。
This is such an important story this morning, as is our other big story, MLA pay, and the potential for them to take a 27% pay increase offer.
有多少人收到了这样的提议?
How many of you are being offered that?
斯蒂芬·诺兰节目。
The Stephen Nolan show.
大家早上好。
Good morning, everyone.
感谢大家今天加入我们。
Thank you for joining us today.
北爱尔兰警察局已承认,其窃取前BBC安全记者信息的行为属于违法。
The PSNI has admitted it acted illegally when it stole a former BBC security journalist's information.
所以,是的,注意这里正在发生什么。
So, yes, clock what's happening here.
那个本应逮捕他人违法行为的警队,自己却在公然违法。
The very force which was arresting others for wrongdoing was at its lark itself breaking the law.
他们为文森特·基尔尼建立了个人档案,还包含了他妻子和岳母的名字。
It created a personal profile on Vincent Kearney, included the names of his wife and mother-in-law.
别搞错了,最近几天你听到了相关新闻,但千万别因此就关闭关注。
And don't be mistaken, do not switch off when you've been hearing about this in the news over recent days.
这并不是一个媒体泡沫故事,因为这个故事的核心是你作为这个国家公民的权利——监督权势人物。
This is not a media bubble story, because at the heart of this story is your right as a citizen in this country to hold the powerful to account.
那意味着什么?
And what does that mean?
这意味着你有权接触媒体,接触记者,他们能赋予你力量,放大你的声音,维护你的权利,为你抗争。
That means your right to come to the media, to come to journalists who can empower you, heighten your voice, heighten your rights, fight for you.
因此,当任何国家机构试图阻挠这一点,试图查明你是谁时,他们就必须被问责,而佩斯和我已经被抓了个正着。
And so when any state authority is trying to impede that, is trying to find out who you are, then they need to be held to account, and the Pace and I have been caught at it.
他们在2013年进行了超过1500次窃听。
They snooped over 1,500 times in 2013.
所以,是的,到目前为止我们所了解的都是过去的事,但今天早上我们面对PS和I时,仍有许多重大问题。
So yes, what we have so far is in the past, but there are big questions for the current day PS and I this morning.
例如,那些实施这些行为的警员,现在是否仍在PS和I工作?
For example, the officers who did this, are they still working in the PS and I?
这是一个简单的问题,但其重要性不容小觑。
Simple question, but my goodness is that important.
那些违法的人,是否还在每天穿上制服,出去逮捕他人?
Is anybody that broke the law still putting on a uniform every day going out and arresting others?
他们真的打算回避这个问题吗?
Are they seriously gonna attempt not to answer that question?
如果文森特·基尔尼的事确实发生了——这一点毋庸置疑——那么在北爱尔兰,还有多少其他记者遭遇了同样的对待?
If Vincent Kearney was done, and there's no if about it, he was, how many other journalists have been done in Northern Ireland?
警方是否会坦诚公布,他们还从哪些人那里窃取了数据?
Are the police gonna come clean and declare who else they stole the data from?
这个故事的核心人物文森特·基尔尼今天早上和我们在一起。
The man at center of this story, Vincent Kearney, with us this morning.
早上好。
Good morning to you.
早上好,史蒂文。
Morning, Steven.
你能相信这件事吗?
Can you believe this?
简短的回答是:不能,史蒂文。
No is the short answer, Steven.
我是一年前从一位参与巴里·麦卡弗里和特雷弗·伯尼案件的律师那里第一次听说这件事的,那案子是在调查议会法庭(IPT)审理的。
I I was first told of this over just over a year ago by a solicitor who'd been involved in the case of Barry McCaffrey and Trevor Burney at the Investigree Parish Tri Tribunal, the IPT.
在他们的案件中,披露出我曾有一次成为非法警察活动的目标。
And during their case, it was revealed that I've been the target of illegal police activity on one occasion.
这确实让我有点惊讶,但其实也不算太意外,因为你知道,史蒂夫,当你在北爱尔兰当记者时,我始终意识到,也许我的电话和数据确实被监控着。
Now that came as a a bit of a surprise, but but not really because, you know, yourself, Steve, when you work as a journalist in North Ireland, I think I was constantly, you know, conscious of the fact that perhaps there was some monitoring of phone calls and some data.
但听到这件事真的发生过,还是让我感到有些震惊。
But it was still a bit of a shock to hear that it actually happened.
那只发生过一次。
That was on one occasion.
但在过去一年半的时间里,我们获得了更多相关信息。
But what's happened is in this sort of over a year and a half since, we've gleaned much more information.
正如我们所说,这些信息是BBC法律团队从警方那里一点点逼出来的。
And as we say, this had to be dragged from the police by by the BBC legal team.
我们在这方面做了大量工作,因为警方并没有某天早上突然醒悟,对文森特说:我们真的很抱歉。
We've done a tremendous job on this because the the police didn't suddenly wake up one morning and say, Vincent, we're really sorry.
我们违法了。
We've acted illegally.
我们承认错误,这是我们的所作所为。
Hands up, and here's what we've done.
这些信息是通过漫长的法律取证过程逐步披露出来的。
This was drip fed through a long process of of legal discovery.
就在圣诞节前,英国军情五处做出了前所未有的承认,称他们在2006年和2009年也曾两次监控过我。
And then just before Christmas, we had with MI five making an unprecedented admission that they had also monitored me on two occasions in 2006 and 2009.
但对军情五处来说,这并不仅仅是两次监控。
But that wasn't just two occasions for for m I five.
昨天披露的信息显示,仅在2006年,他们就单独提出了四次监控我数据的申请。
It was revealed yesterday that in 2006, the alone name made four separate applications to monitor my data.
我们不太清楚他们为什么要这么做。
We're we're not sure why they were doing that.
当然,这还牵涉到大都会警察局和达勒姆郡警察局。
And it also, of course, involved the Metropolitan Police and Durham Constabulary as well.
所以,就其范围而言,是的,我确实被枪击了。
So in terms of the extent of it, yes, I was shot.
你刚才说,这一切都是律师们费尽周折才从警方那里逼出来的。
And you you've just said there that this had to be dragged out of the the police by lawyers.
所以你今天早上告诉我,目前的北爱尔兰警察局并没有主动来找你,说:‘这是我们做的,这是错误的。’
So you're you're you're telling me this morning that the current day PSNI did not come to you and say, here's what we've done, and it was wrong.
你不得不逼他们说出来
You had to you had to force it out
从他们那里
of them.
是的
Yes.
事情就是这么发生的
That that's exactly what happened.
PSNI从未道歉,甚至昨天在法庭上,他们仍在某种程度上为自己的行为辩护,承认‘是的,我们做了’。
And there has been no apology from the PSNI, And even yesterday in court, you know, the PSNI were still defending in a sense what they did, putting their hands up saying, yes.
好吧
Okay.
我们确实违法了,但你看,事情就这样了。
We acted illegally, but, well, you know, look.
我们已经承认了错误,所以事情就不该再继续下去了。
We've made them an admission, so it shouldn't go any further than that.
但当时我们是按照指南行事的,尽管他们已经承认行为违法。
But we were following the guidelines at the time, although they have admitted the acted illegally.
但这事确实得被澄清了。
But it did it had to this had to be dried out.
这并不是一个顿悟时刻,比如某天早上,BBC的法律团队突然收到一份承认不当行为的文件。
This wasn't sort of a Eureka moment where one morning, the BBC legal team was given a file of a of admitted wrongdoing.
这些信息是经过数月逐步提供的。
It was grip fed over a period of many months.
再讲一遍,违法行为具体是什么?他们偷了什么?
Just go for again what the illegality was and what they stole.
实际情况是,任何对记者进行监控的行为都不应该发生。
Well, what happened was for for journalists to be, surveilled in any way, you know, shouldn't be happening.
但如果警方想获取数据,他们必须证明存在所谓的公共利益测试。
But if the police want to access data, they have to prove there's a a what's called a public interest test.
他们必须通过这项测试。
They have to pass that.
所以实际情况是,警方在这些事件中都没有通过公共利益测试。
So what happened, the police didn't actually pass that public interest test on any of these occasions.
七次独立的警方行动。
Seven separate police operations.
正如你所说,仅在一次行动中,他们就在两周内获取了我手机上超过1500通电话和短信的信息。
As you said, on one operation alone, they gained information on over 1,500 calls and texts from my phone in a two week period.
所以两周内就超过了1500条。
So over 1,500 in two week period.
所以说,他们实际上在更长时间内访问的数量要多得多,这算是个好消息。
So good news is how many they were actually accessing over much longer.
这也说明了你在两周内打了多少电话、发了多少短信吗?
Also shows you many texts and phone calls you make in two weeks?
确实如此。
It does.
这说明了我作为一名记者当时有多忙,史蒂文。
It shows you how busy I was as a journalist, Steven.
这就是我的意思。
That's what I that's what I say.
但问题是,我们不知道他们究竟想获取什么。
But for but the thing is, we don't know what they were trying to get at.
其实我们知道。
Well, we do.
我们知道他们试图找出消息来源,这很明显。
We we know they're trying to identify sources, of course.
我们不知道具体的信息细节,但所有这些行动都是为了识别我的新闻消息来源,因为一旦你掌握了某人的电话号码,就知道他们曾与我联系过,这有助于警方锁定消息来源。
We don't know the the precise information, but this was all aimed at identifying my journalistic sources because once you get someone's telephone number, you know they've been speaking to me, and that helps the police identify sources.
现在,史蒂文,作为一名记者,我们向消息来源提供绝对可靠的保证。
Now, you know, Steven, as a as a journalist, we give absolutely cast iron assurances to sources that they can trust us.
我们绝不会泄露他们的身份。
We will not betray their identity.
无论发生什么,我们都会保守他们的身份秘密。
We will keep their identity secret no matter what happens.
而警方试图破坏这一点,MI5也做了同样的事。
And the police tried to undermine that, and m I five did the same thing.
他们使用了隐蔽的、不光彩的手段,试图找出新闻来源。
They used backdoor underhand tactics to try to identify sources of stories.
不一定是去识别,你知道,社会上的主要犯罪分子或类似的人,而是那些向我们透露了我们认为具有公共利益信息的人,这些报道正在广泛的不同领域发表。
Not not not necessarily identify, you know, leading criminals in society or anything like that, but people who had told me something that we believe is a public interest and that the story is being published across a wide range of different areas.
那么,这公平吗?
Now is that fair?
因为有些人可能会说,你看。
Because there would be some people that would say, look.
你你也曾收到过来自准军事组织的非法行为供述,他们会联系你,诸如此类。
You you also had admissions of of illegality from paramilitary organizations that would contact you and and and all of that.
所以如果警方试图揭露那些大罪犯,有些人可能会觉得这很公平。
And so if the police were trying to uncover people who were arch criminals, then some people might think fair game.
嗯,那那指的是一个特定的案例。
Well well, that that refers to to one case particular.
我,我从爱尔兰共和军延续派那里接到了关于警官史蒂文·卡罗尔谋杀案的责任声明。
I I took the team responsibility from the from the the continuity IRA for the murder of police officer Steven Carroll.
我当时作为一名记者,遵循了相关程序。
I followed procedures at that time as as a journalist.
许多记者都会接到来自某些组织的电话,对方会提供一个暗号,然后明确声明责任。
Many journalists would get phone calls from organizations who would give a code word and would then get a clear responsibility.
所以我报道了此事,并随后遵循了BBC的所有程序,即打电话给警方,告知他们我收到了责任声明,以及对方所说的内容。
So I reported that, and then I followed all of the the BBC procedures, which was to then phone the police and say, I've had a claim responsibility, and this is what they said.
所以我提供给警方的,正是我在BBC发表的内容。
So what I give to the police was exactly what I published in the BBC.
就我而言,史蒂文,事情到此为止。
As far as I was concerned, Steven, that was the end of it.
因为我说过,我不会做任何陈述。
Because I said, I'm not making statements.
我也不会接受采访,因为这可能会引发更多问题,从而可能暴露消息来源,而这不是我的职责。
I'm not doing interviews because that could have led to further questions that may potentially have identified a source, and that's not my job.
后来我们发现,警方为获取这些数据提出了四项不同的申请。
The police then, we found out, we had four different applications for that data.
正如你所说,人们可能会说,他们这么做肯定是合理的。
Now as you say, people will say, well, surely they're justified in doing that.
但问题是,史蒂夫,他们仍然需要通过公共利益测试。
The problem there is, Steve, they still had to pass a public interest test.
他们必须遵守法律。
They had to follow the law.
但他们并没有这么做。
They didn't do that.
他们没有达到公共利益测试的标准。
They didn't reach that bar of the public interest test.
正如我所说,他们提出了四项独立的申请。
And as I say, they made four separate applications.
在其中两项申请中,他们使用了AccessMyDataSim系统并说了谎。
And in two of those applications, the AccessMyDataSim, they lied.
你知道,关于授权,他们说,例如,声称这是必要的,因为他们需要验证这个电话号码是我的。
You know, the authorizations, they said one one, for example, they said it was necessary because they needed to verify that the phone number was mine.
我已经把电话号码提供给他们了。
I had given them the phone number.
警方那边的人其实早就知道我的电话号码。
The the police press of us knew my phone number.
所以这看起来几乎像是一个编造的理由,用来获取更多数据。
So this would appear to be almost a made up reason, for trying to access further data.
这引发了疑问。
And that raises questions.
为什么
Why
当时他们
what were
到底在找什么?
they looking for?
他们在找哪些电话号码?
What numbers are they looking for?
他们拿到这些号码后打算做什么?
And what were they going to do with the numbers?
他们有你的车牌信息。
They had your car reg.
他们在跟踪你吗?
Were they following you?
据我们所知,史蒂文,他们根本没有跟踪我们,但这确实引发了一个问题。
Not that we know of, Steven, at all, but this does raise a question.
他们建立了自己的情报档案,包含了详细信息,比如家里每个人的姓名,你知道,我妻子,为什么
They built up their intelligence profile, included details, the names of everyone in their house, you know, my wife Why
为什么他们要
why did
他们想
they want to
为什么要写下你妻子的名字?
to write down your wife's name?
为什么?
Why?
这是个好问题,我也一直没得到答案。
That's a good question, that that I've they I haven't had answered.
但还有车辆数据,我们有两辆车在使用。
But also the car data, we had two cars that's used.
汽车的型号、颜色和车牌信息。
The the the models of the car, colors of the car, and the registration.
通常来说,史蒂文,你这么做的原因很可能是为了将来某天进行监视。
Now normally speaking, Steven, think it's it's it's probably accurate to say that the reason you would do that is because perhaps at some future date, you're going to carry out surveillance.
否则,他们为什么要了解我开什么车?
Otherwise, why would they need to know the cars I am driving?
但同样,我们没有任何细节说明这个档案是如何建立的,以及它是否被使用过。
But, again, we have no detail as to why that profile was built and to what use it it was put, if any.
所以可以推断,在法律程序中,他们被问过:为什么你有一辆车,雷格?
So presumably, they've been asked during the legal process, why did you have a car, Reg?
为什么你要写下文森特妻子的名字?
Why did you write down Vincent's wife's name?
为什么你要创建关于他家人的那些文件?
Why did you create the the the, you know, files on his family members?
你是说他们就是拒绝回答这些问题吗?
And are you telling me they just have refused to answer that?
他们确实没有回答。
They have indeed.
他们没有提供这些细节。
They don't give that detail.
但这很有趣,因为就在我们谈话时,不远处的法院——情报法庭今天又开庭了,而且他们正在秘密审理我的案子。
But this is an interesting thing because we're as I'm talking to you, just a short distance away, court, the IPT will be sitting again today, but they're sitting in closed session, in secret session, where my case is being discussed again today.
所以是在不公开的情况下
So behind closed
但门后的情况可能不寻常。
doors be unusual, though.
不。
No.
并不奇怪,但在这种情况下,秘密进行时,五处和PS九处可能会向IPT说明这样做的原因并阐述其理由,但他们不会对我这样做。
Not unusual, but but what will happen is behind closed doors in a case like this, MI five and the PS nine may well tell the IPT why this was done and set out their reasoning, but they won't do it to me.
他们不会对BBC这样做。
They won't do it to the BBC.
他们也不会对任何其他提问的人这样做。
They won't do it to anyone else who asks.
他们只是陈述最起码的基本事实,到目前为止我们得到的就这些,但他们不会进一步解释为何寻求这些授权以及为何需要这些信息。
They they simply state to the bare facts, the minimum facts that's given us so far, but they will not elaborate on reasons why they sought these authorizations and why they were seeking the information.
这些都发生在秘密场合,而我无权知晓。
That's been done behind closed doors, and I have no right to know.
现在,这不可能是可接受的。
Now that I that can't be acceptable.
这对你造成了什么影响?
What impact what impact did this have with you?
再次说明,有些人可能会想,文森特,好吧。
Again, some people might think, Vincent, okay.
他们掌握了你的车的颜色。
They've got your car red.
他们知道了你车的颜色。
They've got the color of your car.
他们知道了你的名字。
They've got your name.
他们知道了你妻子的名字。
They've got your wife's name.
那又怎样?
So what?
但这远不止这些,史蒂文。
Well, it's it's much more than that, Steven.
关键是他们掌握了通信数据。
It's the the fact that they have the communications data.
一旦这些信息公之于众,正如我所说,我们是偶然发现的,因为我的名字出现在另一个案件中。
And once that became public knowledge and we found out by accident, as I say, because, my name was mentioned in another case.
一旦这些信息公之于众,过去一年半左右,这极大地打击了我开展新闻工作的能力,因为许多多年来信任我的人现在担心警方掌握了他们的信息。
Once that became public knowledge, over the past year and a half or so, that's had a a a really chilling effect on my ability to conduct journalism because people who have trusted me for many years, quite a few have said they're now concerned that the police have their details.
他们对与我交谈表示担忧。
They've raised concerns about talking to me.
来自多个领域的若干消息来源表示,他们不会再与我交谈了。
A number of sources across a range of disciplines have said they will not talk to me anymore.
其他人改变了他们的沟通方式。
Others have changed the way they communicate.
因此,这确实产生了实质性影响。
So it has a a real impact.
而且,史蒂文,未来也有人联系过我。
And, Steven, people contacted me in future as well.
要知道,他们想——我刚告诉过你,比如警察申诉专员办公室,这导致前警察申诉专员阿尔·哈奇森提前六个月退休。
Know, they wanted to I just told you on the the police ombudsman's office, for example, was led to the the former police ombudsman Al Hutchison bringing forward his retirement by by six months.
这完全是因为,你知道,人们向我提供了非常、非常好的信息。
That was down to, you know, people giving me really, really good information.
如果有人将来想给我提供信息,他们知道我真心担忧警察、MI5或其他机构很可能在监控这些信息,并可能试图识别他们作为新闻来源的身份。
If someone wants to give me information in future, they know I have a genuine concern that the police, m I five, or someone else may well be across that and may go trying to identify them as a source of a story.
而且,发生在我身上的事,也会发生在其他记者身上。
And it was happening to me that will happen to other journalists as well.
这确实产生了令人寒心的效果。
That has a really chilling effect.
我的意思是,警方、军情五处和其他机构本应维护法律。
I mean, the police and m I five and others are supposed to uphold the law.
记者有履行其职责的法律义务。
Well, journalists have a legal duty to do their jobs.
我们也有法律权利,而他们基本上粗暴践踏了所有这些权利。
We have legal rights too, and they basically rode roughshod over all those rights.
如果他们对你这么做了,你认为他们是否已经坦白了还对谁做过类似的事?
If they've done it to you, do you think they have come clean about who else they've done it to?
我想说的是,其他记者是否也像我一样被监控了?
I would say I mean, it's not a case have other journalists have been monitored like me?
我认为问题不在于是否发生过,而在于有多少人。
I think it's a case of not if, but how many.
我当时是BBC的首席记者。
I was former first correspondent for the BBC at the time.
所以,BBC,你知道的,作为国家公共广播机构,如果他们针对我这个前BBC首席记者,那我认为任何人都可能成为目标。
So the BBC, you know, the national state broadcaster, if they were targeting me as former first correspondent for the BBC, I think anyone was fair game.
尤其是那些关注警务和安全领域的人,任何从事可能让警方或其他人感到难堪的新闻报道的人,我认为都可能被盯上。
And certainly anyone I think looking in the areas of policing and security, anyone who was doing any kind of journalism that could be deemed to be embarrassing, I think perhaps to the to the police and to others.
我认为完全可以这么说,他们很可能也以某种方式被监控了。
I think it's it's it's fair enough to say there's a high like high likelihood that they were being monitored in some way as well.
我无法想象人们会对此一无所知。
There's no way I I presume people.
我认为这只是冰山一角。
I think this is tip of the iceberg stuff.
PSNI如果自己都不提供他们还对谁做过这种事的名单,又怎能以任何诚信要求他人开放、透明和诚实呢?
Can the PSNI, with any integrity, ask others to be open and transparent and honest if they do not provide a list of who else they did this to?
那将是他们需要回答的问题,但就新闻报道而言,警方昨天表示,他们的律师称已经吸取了教训。
That that that that'll be a question for them, but certainly, journalistically, you know, the the police said yesterday, quote, their lawyer said that lessons have been learned.
我想知道这些教训究竟是怎么吸取的。
Well, I wonder how lessons been learned.
如果他们确实吸取了教训,那么也许这就是警方接下来必须采取的方向。
And if they have done, then perhaps that is where the police are going to have to go with this.
他们真的必须保持开放。
They really have to be open.
如果记者要求他们提供细节,他们为什么不提供呢?
If they're asked by journalists to provide details, then why wouldn't they provide details?
他们到底有什么好隐瞒的?
What what what do they have to hide?
你知道的。
You know?
正如我所说,这些信息都是被迫才吐露出来的。
And and as I say, this had to be dragged out of them.
我们是不是还得再等一个月、两个月,甚至一年,直到另一个人的名字被公之于众,然后他们又得重新经历一遍整个过程?
Are we going to have to wait for another month, two months, another year until someone else's name is dropped into public domain, and then they have to go through this entire process again?
我不认为这样公平。
I I don't think that's fair.
如果警方说他们确实希望公开透明,并且声称文化已经改变了。
And if the police say they do want to be open and transparent and they say the culture has changed.
那么,我认为你提出的观点很有道理。
Well, then I I think the point you make is a good one.
你认为这是否危及了你的安全?也就是说,如果某些消息来源错误地——而且是完全错误地——认为你向当局泄露了他们的姓名。
Do you think this compromised your safety in insofar as if some of those sources thought wrongly, by the way, categorically wrongly, if any of those sources thought that you you disclosed their names to the authorities.
嗯,你看,那有没有发生过
Well, see Did that ever
你有没有想过这一点?
did that ever cross your mind?
哦,是的,我确实想过。
Oh, oh, it it did.
当然有。
Absolutely.
因为警方当时正试图找出我的消息来源。
Because, I mean, the the police were trying to to identify my sources.
所以如果他们真的成功Identified了我的消息来源,那可能会危及我的安全。
So if if they'd managed to identify my sources, that could have jeopardized my safety.
当然有。
Absolutely.
有一段时间,我的一个消息来源告诉我,他说,你看,你实际上相当于被当成了一个名单,你知道的,他们通过监听你的电话、做A、B、C这些事来追踪你。
I mean, at one point, a source of mine said to me, he said, look, you might as well effect effectively, you said, m I five are using you as a type by list you know, by listening to your calls, by doing a, b, and c.
但他们并没有这么做。
They weren't doing that.
据我们所知,他们是在收集我的数据。
As far as we know, they were they were gleaning my my data.
据我们所知,他们并没有在监听
As far as we know, they weren't listening to
监听通话。
listening to calls.
我无法给出任何保证。
I can't give any assurances.
没错。
Exactly.
当你保证的时候。
And when you assurances.
当你说到‘据我们所知’的时候,我们怎么相信这些人呢?
When you say as far as you know, right, How can we believe these people?
所以,如果这些信息是从他们那里逼出来的,如果他们没有告诉其他记者他们一直在监视,如果他们确实这么做了,而且他们告诉我们,这一切只是筛选号码、比对号码,并为你和你的家人建立档案,那我们怎么知道他们没有监听通话呢?
So if the information has been dragged out of them, if they have not given the other journalists they've been snooping on, if they've been doing that, and if they're telling us that this goes as far as just screening the numbers and cross corresponding the numbers and creating a file on your wife and your family and you, how do we know they weren't listening in the calls?
我们怎么知道呢?
How do we know?
这是个非常好的问题,我也无法回答。
That is a very good question and one that we I can't answer.
直接使用结果吧。
Just use the result.
没有证据表明他们监听了通话,但谁知道今天在私下里讨论了哪些证据,而这些证据我们却无权听到。
No evidence that they were listening in the calls, but then who knows what evidence has been discussed behind closed doors today, evidence that that we're not allowed to hear.
另一个根本性问题是,我们已经联系了北爱尔兰警察局,而他们表示,在法庭程序继续进行期间,发表评论是不合适的。
Another fundamental question to this, and we've gone to the PSNI, and the PSNI are saying it would be inappropriate to comment while the court proceeding is continuing.
你知道,我想问问Pace,既然你们已经承认、默认、并实施了非法行为,现在还有什么不合适的地方?
You know, I would like to ask the Pace and I, what is inappropriate now that you've conceded, you have admitted, you've acted unlawfully?
你们说声对不起,这有什么不合适?
What on earth would be inappropriate about you saying sorry?
你们到底觉得在什么时候才适合向社区和文森特为非法行为道歉?
Like, at what point do you think it would be appropriate to apologize to the community and to Vincent for acting unlawfully?
现在有个大问题,文森特。
Now here's a big question, Vincent.
那些对你和你的家人做出这种事的警察,他们现在还在PSNI工作吗?
The police officers who did this to you and your family, are they still working in the PSNI?
PSNI还在每月给他们发工资吗?
Are the PSNI continuing to send them a salary every month?
嗯,这个我真的不知道。
Well, see, that that I don't know.
我问过这个问题,最初他们说不知道。
I've asked the question, and the first I asked it off said that did not know.
这确实是个非常合理的问题。
And and it is a very valid question.
你知道,这些警察参与了PSNI已经承认的非法活动。
You know, these police officers were engaged in what the the PSNI have admitted was illegal activity.
所以我问了,他们是否还留在PSNI的队伍中?
So I've asked the question, are they still within the ranks of the PSNI?
如果是这样,他们是否仍处于能够监听电话的位置?
If so, are they in a position where they could still be monitoring phone calls?
如果是这样,如果他们仍在警察队伍中,他们是否曾受到任何形式的纪律处分或制裁?
If if so, if they're still within the ranks of the police, were they ever to submit of any kind of discipline, any kind of sanction?
如果没有,他们是否已经离开,或者他们是否仍在司法系统内工作?
And if not, have they moved on, are they are they still working within the justice system?
但到目前为止,我被告知他们不知道。
But I've been told so far, that they don't know.
他们不知道。
They don't know.
最后,你今天早上想对警察总长约翰·布彻说些什么?
What would you say finally to John Beucher, the chief constable this morning?
因为目前已有的证据表明,这件事发生在很久以前。
Because the evidence as is currently available is that this was a long time in the past.
你今天早上想对北爱尔兰警察局的高级管理团队说些什么?
What would you say to the senior management team of the PSNI this morning?
证据明确显示,这件事发生在过去,直到2018年为止,因此绝对不在约翰·巴彻的任期内。
It's the evidence is absolutely this was the past, right up until 2018, so certainly not on on John Butcher's watch.
据迹象表明,虽然信息是逐步提供的,但在后期我们获得了更多细节时,或许约翰·巴彻对此有所参与,他的看法是:如果我们确实有不当行为,我们就应该主动承认,并尽可能提供全部信息。
And the indications are that while the information was drift fed, towards the end when we got a lot more detail, that perhaps John Butcher had a hand in that, that, his view was, look, if we've if we've acted wrongly, then we should put our hands up and give as much information as possible.
尽管我们仍认为这些信息并不充分。
Although we still say that information wasn't sufficient.
但我想,我们确实需要得到保证,这类事情绝不能再发生。
But I think, you know, we do need assurances that this can't happen again.
不仅仅是口头承诺。
Not just words.
不能只是开一场新闻发布会,说‘当然,我们会确保这种事情不再发生’。
Not not not simply a press conference say, of course, we will ensure this doesn't happen again.
他们必须建立机制,确保这类事情不会再发生在任何记者身上。
They have to put in place mechanisms, to make sure this can happen to any journalist again.
我不确定他们该如何做到这一点。
I'm not sure how they do that.
我不确定他们该如何做到这一点。
I'm not sure what way they do that.
至于向那些受到伤害的人道歉,这应该是警方和巴彻先生的决定。
In terms of of saying sorry to to people that won't that that's a call for the police and and for mister Beucher.
但我觉得更重要的是,我们要回答我们所提出的问题。
But the issue is what's more important, I I think, is to answer the questions that that we are asking.
他们为什么认为这是合理的?
Why do they think this was justified?
他们究竟想获取什么信息?
Exactly what information were they trying to get?
他们究竟希望如何利用这些信息?
Exactly what did they hope to to to do with other information?
正如我所说,必须建立机制,确保此类事情不再发生。
And as I say then, put in place mechanisms to ensure that they don't do this again.
文森特,感谢你今天上午的时间。
Vincent, thank you for your time this morning.
非常感谢您,先生。
Thank you very much indeed, sir.
帕特里克·科里根,正在聆听的这是国际特赦组织国家与地区部门负责人。
Patrick Corrigan, listening to this, head of nations and regions at Amnesty International.
早上好,帕特里克。
Morning to you, Patrick.
早上好。
Morning to you.
不好意思。
Excuse me.
我一开始就说过了,我现在再重申一遍。
I said at the top, I'll I'll say it again.
这并不是一个媒体泡沫事件。
This is not a media bubble story.
这不仅仅是一个关于记者的故事,因为公众经常来找记者,希望揭露真相、问责权势人物。
This is not a story just about journalists because members of the public come to journalists all the time, wanting to speak to truth to power and hold powerful people accountable.
没错。
That's right.
而且,我认为这实际上关乎公众的知情权,因为记者——尤其是从事公共利益新闻、调查性新闻的记者,比如文森特·基尔尼、特雷弗·伯尼、巴里·麦克卡弗里这些我们熟知的名字——他们所做的事情,并不是为了取乐。
And, I mean, I think it's this is a case actually about the public's right to know because journalists, don't do their job, particularly public interest journalism, investigative journalism, the sort that Vincent Kearney does, Trevor Burnie, Barry McCaffrey, some of the names that we know have been spied on.
他们这么做并不是为了好玩。
And they're not doing that for fun.
他们是为了将真相带给公众,照亮一些黑暗的角落,让有权势的人承担责任。
They're doing that to bring truth to the public to shine a light into some dark corners to hold the powerful accountable.
因此,他们是在为我们所有人履行职责。
And so it's on on their it's on our behalf that they're doing their job.
当警方或军情五处试图追查他们的消息来源时,他们最终的目的就是阻止真相公之于众,阻止记者正常开展职业工作,剥夺公众的知情权,同时试图识别那些通过记者将信息带入公共领域的潜在公众举报者或其他类似人士,因为这些信息必须被带到阳光下。
And so when the the police or MI five try to go after their sources, they're trying to keep the ultimately, to keep the truth from the public to stop journalists being able to go about their professional job and stopping the public having a right to know, as well as trying to identify potentially members of the public, whistleblowers, and the like who are bringing information via journalists into the public domain because it needs to be brought into the daylight.
所以,这个案件最终的核心就在这里。
And so that's ultimately what this case is about.
你知道,国际法、欧洲人权法院以及《人权法案》都为新闻消息来源提供了特殊的法律保护。
You know, international law, the European Court of Human Rights and the the Human Rights Act provides special legal protections for journalistic sources.
这就是为什么这个案件如此严重,因为警方并非只在一次或两次情况下,而是在许多次情况下,不仅针对文森特·基尔尼,不仅针对特雷弗·伯尼和巴里·麦克卡弗里,还涉及其他多人。
And that's why this case is so serious because the police, not on one occasion, not on two occasions, but on very many occasions, not just in the case of Vincent Kearney, not just in the case of Trevor Burnie and Barry McCaffrey, but multiple others.
他们非法地追查了这些消息来源。
They have gone after their sources unlawfully.
这些信息是在昨天伦敦的法庭上披露的,此前也通过特雷弗·伯尼和巴里·麦克卡弗里历时六年的抗争才得以公之于众,而现在,这些信息也通过安格斯·麦克库洛赫和凯西的审查报告得以公开——值得称赞的是,这项审查是由约翰·博彻委托开展的,他已于今年秋天发布了第一份报告。
That's information that's come out in court in in London yesterday, previously come out through the six year fight that that Trevor Burnie and Barry McCaffrey fought to drag the truth into daylight, but it also now come out via the the review by Angus McCullough, Casey, which to his credit was commissioned by John Beucher, and he published his first report in the autumn.
在当前这个案件结束后,他将在未来几个月再次回到这个问题上。
And he is gonna be coming back to this issue again in the coming months once this this current case closes.
他将审视这一问题以及其他相关议题,以进一步了解PSNI行动中我们还需要知道什么。
He will be looking at at that, and other issues to see what more do we need to know about the PSNI operations.
我认为你今天早上提出了一些非常重要的问题,警方仍需对此作出回应。
And I think you've raised some very important questions this morning that the police still have to answer.
帕特里克,警方已经承认他们的行为是非法的。
Patrick, the police have admitted that they acted illegally.
是否应该提起公诉?
Should there be prosecutions?
是否应该提起刑事起诉,以及由谁来调查此事?
Should there be criminal prosecutions, and who should investigate that?
警察该如何调查警察?
How do the police investigate the police?
嗯,他们做不到。
Well, they can't.
我的意思是,最终还是要靠警察申诉专员来介入,我知道确实有不少记者向警察申诉专员提出了投诉,因为他们担心警察在他们的案件中行为不合法。
I mean, that's ultimately where, the the the police ombudsman, comes into play, and I know that I think that there have been a number of complaints made to the the police ombudsman by by journalists who were concerned that that the police have acted lawfully in their cases.
因此,我认为有必要向警察申诉专员询问,相关调查进展如何。
And so I think there are there are questions to be asked of police ombudsman how that is progressing.
对PSNI也存在一些问题需要追问,你今天早上就问到了,对于那些行为违法的警员,是否采取了任何纪律处分措施?
Think there are questions to be asked of the PSNI, and and you asked it this morning around what disciplinary procedures, if any, have been taken against officers who have acted unlawfully?
这些警员是否仍然在北爱尔兰任职?
Are those officers still, you know, still placing in Northern Ireland?
帕特里克,PACE和我回复文森特时表示,他们不知道那些行为违法的警员是否仍在工作。
Patrick, the PACE and I replied to Vincent by saying they didn't know if officers who had acted unlawfully are still working.
他们应该知道吗?
You ought they know?
他们难道不应该知道吗?
Ought they to know?
我认为这并不是一个可信的回答。
I don't think that that's not that's not a credible answer.
但我们还必须记住,这并不是初级警员所为。
But but we also have to remember this was not junior this was not the work of junior officers.
这是PSNI中相当高级别人员所为,甚至一直涉及最高层。
This was the work of people in quite elevated positions within the PSNI, including it went right to the top.
那么,是谁授权在2018年对特雷弗·伯尼和巴里·麦克卡弗里进行定向监视行动的?
So who authorized the directed surveillance, operation against Trevor Burney and Barry McCaffrey in 2018?
当时的总警司乔治·汉密尔顿爵士非法授权了该行动,最终法院裁定其行为违法,因为他所给予的授权没有任何法律依据。
The chief constable of the time, sir George Hamilton, authorized that unlawfully, and, ultimately, the courts quashed that saying that he had acted unlawfully, and there was no legal basis for the authorization that he gave.
所以,如果我们提出问题,这些问题必须追查到最高层。
So, you know, if we're asking questions, the questions have to go right to the top.
但在决策方面,高级官员本应非常清楚这些情况适用的法律,不应违法行事。
But what senior officers were responsible for in terms of decision making, they, if anybody, should know well the laws that apply in the in these situations and should not be acting unlawfully.
他们本应维护法律,而不是破坏法律。
They're supposed to be upholding the law, not breaking the law.
值得一提的是,我再重复一遍。
To his credit, again, will say it again.
我认为现任总警司约翰·博彻正在努力采取不同的做法。
I think the current chief constable, John Beucher, has been trying to take a different approach.
他委托安格斯·麦库洛赫和凯西对PSNI内部发生的情况进行审查。
He commissioned Angus McCullough, Casey, to, to carry out a review of what has been going on, within the PSNI.
但我们也知道,这并没有解答所有问题。
But we also know that that, you know, that hasn't answered all the questions yet.
我们知道,在文森特·基尔尼的案件中,今天在伦敦调查权力法庭的听证会实际上将大部分内容秘密进行。
We know that in the case of Vincent Kearney, today's hearing in the investigative powers tribune in London is actually going to be mostly heard in secret.
文森特将无法接触到正在讨论的内容。
Vincent won't have access to what's being discussed.
他的律师也无法接触到正在讨论的内容。
His lawyers won't have access to what's being discussed.
这将由代表PSNI和MI5的律师在闭门会议上讨论。
It will be discussed behind closed doors by lawyers representing the PSNI and MI five.
这不符合公开司法的原则,也不具备透明度。
That's not open justice, and that's not transparency
为了公众利益。
for public.
那里可能涉及国家安全问题。
There could be issues of national security involved there.
对吧?
Right?
是的。
Yes.
是的。
Yes.
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
可能存在这种情况,但你知道,我认为在这种情况下,文森特·卡尼实际上不可能知道讨论的内容,因为他被阻止了,他的律师也被阻止了,无法对闭门讨论的内容提出质疑。
There there could be, but, you know, I think that it's impossible for for for Vincent Kearney, in this case, to actually know what's been discussed because he's prevented, and his lawyers are being prevented from being able to challenge what's being discussed behind closed doors.
但这仅仅是一个观点,我们仍然无法完全了解为何北爱尔兰警察局和其他机构,包括军情五处,会监视文森特·卡尼,汇编关于他的档案,并一次又一次地审查他的新闻来源。
But it's that's simply a point that we're still not going to know the full story about the why the PSNI and others, including MI five, was surveilling Vincent Kearney compiling a dossier on him and going back time after time after time to look at his journalistic sources.
我们还知道,麦卡洛克审查报告审查了北爱尔兰警察局的行动。
We also know that the, you know, the the McCullough review, that reviews the operations of the PSNI.
它没有做也无法做的是审查针对这里记者的监视行动,包括军情五处、伦敦警察厅、达勒姆警方的行动,所有这些机构都在麦卡特尼案以及伯尼和麦卡弗里案中,在调查权力法庭的案件中被牵连。
What it didn't do and what it couldn't do was look at the operations of the surveillance operations against journalists here of MI five, of the Metropolitan Police, of the Durham Concepatory, all of whom have been implicated in the cases before the investigatory powers for the McCartney case and also the Bernie and McCaffrey cases.
因此,迈阿密国际以及我们委员会和司法行政部门的同事已致信国务卿希拉里·贝内特,请求他对此事展开公开调查。
And that's why Miami International and, and our colleagues in the committee and the administration of justice have written to Hillary Bennett, secretary of state, to ask him to set up a public inquiry into this.
我们最终需要彻查此事,以恢复公众对执法部门的信心,并维护新闻自由。
We ultimately need to get to the bottom of this to restore public confidence in law enforcement and then to uphold press freedom.
我们不能容忍这种对记者的非法监控行为继续下去。
We we can't have this unlawful monitoring of journalists going on.
否则,如果我们纵容此事,我们实际上就没有真正的新闻自由了。
Otherwise, if we have, we don't really have a free press.
我们拥有的新闻界正笼罩在国家监控的阴影之下。
We have a press that is on under the shadow of state surveillance.
文森特·卡尼今天上午在本节目中表示,他认为目前被确认遭到非法监控的记者名单只是冰山一角。
Vincent Kearney, has said this morning on this program that he believes that, the names out there of journalists who have been confirmed to have been illegally monitored is just the tip of the iceberg.
你同意他的看法吗?
Do you agree with them?
对于北爱尔兰警察局来说,坦白交代所有他们曾非法监控的人员有多重要?
And how important is it for the PSNI to come clean about everybody they were illegally monitoring?
嗯,当然,他们必须坦白交代。
Well, of course, they they have to come clean.
我认为去年进行的麦卡洛克审查,在审查北爱尔兰警察局近年来在这一领域的所作所为方面,做了非常彻底的工作。
I think the McCullough review, carried out last year did a very thorough job in reviewing what the PSNI has been doing in this field over recent years.
他们确实发现,我认为,如果记者们曾遭受警方非法使用监控权力来识别其新闻来源的情况。
And they did identify, that there are, I think, further if journalists have been subject to, unlawful use of surveillance powers by the police to identify their journalistic sources.
我一直在与其中一些记者交谈,他们中有些人已经公开了自己的身份,有些人还没有,并且现在已经向调查权力法庭提出了自己的投诉。
And a number of those journalists I've been talking to, some of them will be some of them have have identified themselves publicly, some of them haven't, and have now made their own complaints to the investigatory powers tribunal.
而且现在看来,他们可能也不得不经历同样的过程,试图通过法庭、通过调查权力法庭将真相拖入公共视野,正如我之前所说,这是一个非常令人不满的过程。
And it would seem they may also now have to go through the same process of trying to drag the thrift into the public sphere through the courts, through the investigatory powers tribunal, which is a very unsatisfactory process, as I've already said.
但其中大部分都发生在秘密的闭门会议中。
But so much of it happens in secret enclosed sessions.
所以我认为这件事还没完。
So I don't think we have heard the last of the story.
我认为警方应当做到完全透明,以确保当麦卡洛·安格斯·麦卡洛在今年晚些时候发布其审查报告的第二阶段时,他能比迄今为止披露更多信息。
I think it would behold the the police to be utterly transparent to ensure that when McCullough Angus McCullough case, he publishes the second phase of his review later this year, that he's able to shed much more light than he's been able to do so far.
文森特做出了区分,你今天早上也提到了,关于过去发生的事情、我们已知的过去情况、PSNI现已承认的过去行为,以及新任警察局长约翰·布彻在其任期内正在发生的情况。
Vincent made the distinction, and and as have you this morning, of what has happened what we know happened in the past, what the PS Now have conceded they did in the past, and what John Boucher, the new chief constable, what's happening under his watch.
文森特表示,公平地说,现任警察局长约翰·布彻坚持公开的部分内容,正是目前一些信息得以披露的原因。
And Vincent said that, to be fair to the current chief constable, some of what has come out has been because of what John Boucher insisted had come out.
他还提到,有些答案是在极不情愿的情况下被迫披露的。
He also said that some of the answers have had to be brought out kicking and screaming.
帕特里克,你是否相信PSNI现任高层团队充分认识到此事的严重性?
Do do you have confidence that the current senior team of the PSNI understand how serious this is, Patrick?
我认为他们确实理解了,而且我认为约翰·巴彻尔已经采取了一些措施。
I think they do understand, and I think that let's say, I think John Butcher has been taking steps.
我们目前掌握全部情况了吗?
Do we have the full picture yet?
没有。
No.
我们还没有。
We do not.
我认为我们必须记住,我们之所以能走到这一步,文森特·基尔尼本周才能将北爱尔兰警察局和五处情报机构告上调查权力法庭,是因为警方在2018年黎明时分突袭逮捕特雷弗·伯尼和巴里·麦卡弗里时犯了错误。
And I think, you know, we have to remember that, we only are at this point, and Vincent Kearney is only standing before able to take the PSNI and the MI five to the Vescue Department's Tribunal this week because the police messed up in 2018 when they showed up at the doors at dawn and arrested Trevor Burnie and Barry McCaffrey.
正是由于他们坚持不懈地追寻真相、挑战警方行为,才促使他们走向了调查权力法庭。
And because of their dogged persistence in going after the truth and challenging police actions, that's what brought them to the investigative powers tribunal.
而这反过来揭示了文森特·基尔尼本人也曾遭受非法监控,进而引发了这一案件。
That in turn is what revealed that Vincent Kearney was also subject to unlawful surveillance, and that in turn has led to that case.
因此,在过去六七年里,每一步都离不开勇敢的记者——这次有BBC的支持——持续追查究竟发生了什么,以及他们为何会被监视。
So every step of the way over the last six, seven years, we have had courageous journalists, in this case backed by the BBC, pursuing the truth about what actually has been going on, why have they been spied upon.
听到在2026年,真相仍需通过法庭才能被揭露,这真的让人感到沮丧。
And and the you know, it's really depressing to hear that the truth is still having to be dragged out through the courts in 2026.
所以我认为警方可以做得更好。
So I think that the the police can do better.
我认为我们正在帮助他们改进,但我们不能仅仅依赖警方。
I think we're assisting that they do, but we can't just rely on the police.
我们必须关注警务监督委员会。
We have to look to the policing board.
他们对PSNI负有监督责任,我今天晚些时候会再次与警务监督委员会的代表就这一问题进行沟通。
They have responsibilities of scrutiny over the PSNI, and I'll be talking to them again later today, representative of the policing board, just around this very issue.
我认为安格斯·麦库洛赫今年晚些时候会再次提及这个问题。
I think Angus McCullough will will come back to this issue later this year.
我认为调查权力委员会将进一步审查北爱尔兰记者遭受非法监控的其他案件。
I think the investigative powers tried to mill will be scrutinizing further cases from Northern Ireland journalists who've been unlawfully spied upon.
但同时,国务大臣希拉里·贝恩也需要采取行动。
But, also, the secretary of state, Hillary Ben, needs to step up.
到目前为止,他在这件事上一直保持沉默。
He's been very silent in this matter to date.
因为我们讨论的不仅仅是PSNI。
So because we're not just simply talking about the PSNI.
我们讨论的是来自英格兰的警察部队,还有安全机构、秘密机构、MI5,他们非法监视这里的记者,追查记者的消息来源,因此我们需要国务卿挺身而出,恢复北爱尔兰新闻界应有的公信力。
We're talking about police forces from England, and we're talking about the security service, the secret service, MI five, spying on journalists here, going after their journalists' sources unlawfully, and that's why we need the secretary of state to put his head above the parapet and restore some public confidence into the pre press in Northern Ireland.
我们希望以两种方式实现这一点。
And that'll we wanted to do that in two ways.
第一,设立我们所要求的公共调查。
One, set up this public inquiry that we've asked for.
第二,建立一个专利委员会二十五年前报告或提议的机制。
The other is to establish a mechanism that the patent commission reported some or proposed some twenty five years ago.
当时的国务卿彼得·曼德尔森削弱了这一机制,未能落实,那就是设立一名秘密执法专员,对警察和其他机构在此使用的秘密监视技术进行监督。
Peter Mandelson, the man's secretary of state, watered down and didn't deliver, and that was for what's called a a commissioner for covert law enforcement that would have oversight over the sort of covert surveillance techniques that the police and others are using here.
这就是希拉里·本今天可以做的两件事。
That's the two things that Hillary Benn can do today.
帕特里克·科里根,非常感谢您来自阿姆莱斯特国际。
Patrick Corrigan, thank you very much indeed from Amlesty International.
03030805555。
03030805555.
有很多人给我们打电话谈论这件事。
Lots of you calling us about this.
我们将在广告结束后立即接听您的来电。
We'll pick your calls up straight after this.
尼尔和库克的时间。
Niall and Cook's time.
早上好,尼尔。
Morning, Niall.
早上好,史蒂文。
Good morning, Steven.
你对这件事有什么看法?
What are your thoughts around this?
上周,史蒂文,你提到一个呼吁恢复五五制警务的事件。
Last week, Steven, you you touched on a story that were calling for the reintroduction of fifty fifty policing.
是的。
Yeah.
那么,这个问题显然再明显不过了。
Well, I suppose the question is very obvious.
现在的北爱尔兰警察局(PSNI)和他们的前身皇家阿尔斯特警察(RUC)之间有什么区别?
What is the difference between the current PSNI and their and their predecessors, the RUC?
你可以换一个徽章。
You can change a badge.
你可以给它取个新名字,但显然,他们仍在使用同样的老一套手段。
You can give it a new name, but clearly, they're still up to their same old tactics.
哇。
Wow.
这会让公众对加入一个全新的警察体系还抱有信任吗?
Just gives the public any faith in wanting to join a new dispensation, a new police force.
你知道,这对公共卫生没什么帮助。
You know, it doesn't do a lot for public health.
你把好几件事混为一谈了,但信息确实存在缺口,这就是为什么当前的问题如此重要。
You're conflating you're conflating a number of things, but there is a gap in the information, which is why the current day questions are so important.
那我们来梳理一下,迈尔斯。
So let's walk through that, Miles.
目前的证据是,我和皮尔斯在这件事上根本没有任何行为。
So the evidence that there is at the moment, right, there is no evidence that the current day, Pearce and I, have been up to any of this.
绝对没有证据。
Categorically, no evidence.
但显然有。
Well, there clearly is.
文森特,你知道,你只采访了文森特·基尔尼。
Vincent that, you know, you're only after interviewing Vincent Kearney.
你做得很好。
You're good.
是的。
Yes.
文森特·基尔尼知道这件事发生在2016年或之前。
And Vincent Kearney knows that this happened to him in 2016, up to 2016.
所以你在说
So you're talking
生活中的所有事情。
about everything in life.
我们只在人们被抓时才听说这些事。
We only hear about it when the people are caught.
我们直到他们被抓才听说这些事。
We never hear about it until they're caught.
别这么天真了。
Don't please by show be so naive.
你是个有经验的记者。
You're an experienced journalist.
你知道如果有一个,那就有多个。
You know if there's one, there's multiple.
我是一名记者,我向你陈述的内容是基于事实的。
I'm a I'm a journalist who is basing what I'm saying to you with fact.
所以我们确切地知道,这种情况一直持续到2016年。
So we know for a fact that this was going on up to 2016.
我们不知道2014年,抱歉,甚至更早,2014年。
We do not we do not know 2014, sorry, even even further back, 2014.
所以十二年前,我们知道这件事一直持续到2014年。
So twelve years ago, we know this happened up to 2014.
没有证据表明自2014年以来发生过这种事。
There is no evidence that it happened since 2014.
但坦率地说,你的怀疑和好奇恰恰强化了我目前正在向北爱尔兰警察局现任领导团队提出的问题:那些做了这些事的警官,他们还在那里工作吗?
But but your skepticism and your curiosity means means that it doubles down, quite frankly, on the questions that I'm currently asking the current day leadership team of the PSNI, which is the officers who did this, are they still working there?
而且,史蒂文,我们别在这里天真了。
And, Steven, let's not be naive here.
Hefty 并没有教会我们任何东西。
Hefty has taught us anything.
我们这里面对的是英国政府。
We're dealing with the British government here.
而且从历史上看,全世界各地,不仅仅是北爱尔兰,我们都清楚英国政府能做出什么样的事。
And historically, all around the world, not just in the North Of Ireland, we know what the British government are capable of.
你知道,Lyft 就像污染一样。
You know, Lyft is you know, it's a bit like pollution.
人们不相信这件事。
People didn't believe it.
人们说:不会的。
People said, no.
这根本没发生过。
It never happened.
那是很多年前的事了。
It was years ago.
不。
No.
直到有人对此进行彻底调查,真相才会被揭露。
On not until, you know, people investigate this properly, then the truth will be exposed.
但我的问题是
But my question is
呼吁进行公开调查。
calling for a public inquiry.
我们看看这会得到怎样的回应。
Let's see how that's responded to.
但我的问题是,这怎么可能鼓励来自各个社区的人们加入一支新部队,佩戴新徽章、使用新名称,却在M5涉及其中的情况下声称这条路已经走不通?
But but, like, my question is this, why how is this supposed to, you know, encourage people from all communities, to join a new force with a new badge and a new name saying that the path is gone when m I five is involved in something?
这又是另一个因素。
And that's another element here.
这甚至牵涉到英国政府的最高层。
This goes up to the very top of the British government.
当然,这取决于当前的北爱尔兰警察局到底是什么性质。
Well, surely surely it depends on what the current PSNI is all about.
当然,尼尔,这取决于它是否属于过去,而目前没有证据表明它属于那种情况。
Surely it depends, Niall, if that is of the past, and there is no evidence that it is of that
我完全相信,街头的鲍比们在履行职责时对这些一无所知。
I have absolutely no doubt that the Bobby on the street has gone about their job oblivious to this.
确实如此。
Absolutely.
但这并不是我想表达的重点。
But that is not what I'm getting at here.
我说的是,问题出在最顶端,树根已经腐烂了。
I'm talking about the the the the tree is rotten at the top.
但你没有任何
But you have no
证据支持这一点。
evidence of that.
你对此没有任何证据。
You have no evidence of that.
当然有证据,史蒂文。
Clearly, have evidence of it, Steven.
不要说没有证据。
Don't evidence of that.
当共谋被压制时,人们就说过这样的话。
People said that when collusion was muted.
人们当时就在说这件事。
People were saying it.
你现在也在说。
You're saying it now.
这是2014年、2016年的事。
This is four 2014, 2016.
你知道,史蒂文,求你了,我知道你必须保持平衡,但请也不要怪我。
You know, please, please, Steven, as you know, I understand you have to be balanced, but please don't blame me either.
尼尔,谢谢你。
Niall, thank you.
早上好,你也好。
Good morning, to you.
这再次强调了我们必须听取PSNI高级团队的意见,以及他们对此事的看法有多么重要。
Again, it doubles down on how important it is that we hear from that senior team of the PSNI and how they feel about this.
文森特·基尔尼今天早上表示,他甚至没有收到警方的道歉。
Vincent Kearney saying this morning he hasn't even received an apology from the police.
警方表示,在诉讼程序进行期间,发表任何言论都不合适。
The police saying it would be inappropriate to say anything while live proceedings, are ongoing.
如果警方已经公开承认其行为违法,那他们道歉又有什么不合适的呢?
Would it be inappropriate if the police have already it's out there in the public domain that the police acted illegally.
警方说‘我们很抱歉,这种情况再也不会发生’,这有什么不合适的?
What would be inappropriate about the police saying, we are sorry, this will never happen again?
为什么这会不合适?
Why would that be inappropriate?
安德森斯敦的保罗。
Paul in Andersonstown.
早上好,保罗。
Morning, Paul.
早上好,斯蒂芬。
Morning, Stephen.
我认为过去24小时的事件表明,这里有两个根本性问题。
I think what this what this, the events of the past twenty four hours have shown that there's two two fundamentals here.
绝对需要对PSNI或警方的行为,尤其是警方的安全措施展开公共调查。
There's an absolute need for a public inquiry, into the behavior of the PFNI or police services and especially the the police security
马刺。
The spurs.
我的建议。
And my advice.
我认为我们现在到了必须进行公共调查的阶段,以了解究竟发生了什么。
Think we need to I think we need we're we're at the stage now where we we need a public inquiry to see what's going on.
因为正如你刚才的来电者所说,这并不仅限于这三位先生。
Because as your previous caller now had said, it's not limited to these three these three gentlemen.
我怀疑政界人士和法律界人士也是这些机构的目标。
I would suspect that there's politicians and members of the legal profession also also the target of of these agencies.
第二点,正如你刚才的来电者所说,这也是民族主义者不愿加入警察协会的另一个原因。
And the second the second point is, as now your previous caller had said, this is another reason why nationalists are not joining the PSA.
这跟什么有关?
What's this got to do?
有什么
What have What has
这跟民族主义有什么关系?是什么在制造民族主义者与联合主义者之间的分裂?
this got to do with national how is there a nationalist unionist dividing this?
这个国家每一个守法的人都会认为,警察违法是错误的。
Every law abiding person in this country would think it is wrong for the police to act illegally.
难道你认为这只有针对民族主义者吗?
It's not like you do a nationalist, is it?
请让我把话说完,别插嘴打断我。
Can I finish my point, please, before you jump in on top of me?
我们看到文森特·基尔尼、特雷弗·伯尼和布莱恩·麦卡弗里所发生的事,完全让人想起皇家阿尔斯特警察的行为和作风。
This what we've seen with Vincent Kearney, Trevor Burney, and Brian McCaffrey is absolutely reminiscent of the actions and behaviors of the RUC.
这正是皇家阿尔斯特警察当年与军情五处等机构所做的事情。
This is what the RUC got up to with the with the MI five and so forth.
这就是我想表达的观点。
So that's the point that I'm trying to make.
我们正在目睹同样的行为。
We're seeing the same behaviors.
PSNI,或者PSNI中的某些部门,仍然背负着冲突的包袱。
The PSNI still on or certain elements of the PSNI still on a conflict burden.
没有任何证据表明他们在2014年之后参与过任何非法活动。
There is no evidence that they were on any type of illegal activity beyond beyond 2014.
完全没有任何证据。
No evidence whatsoever.
需要一个
Need a
公开调查。
public inquiry.
这就是我们需要公开调查的原因。
That's why we need a public inquiry.
作为一名记者,你 surely 会支持新闻工会所要求的公开调查。
And surely as a journalist, you would you support what the NUJ are asking for as a public inquiry.
是否进行公开调查,应当由你们所有人和外部机构来讨论其利弊。
It it is for all of you and outside bodies to discuss the merits or otherwise of a public inquiry.
作为主持人,在收听这个节目时,这不是我该做的事。
It's not for me while listening to this program while hosting this program.
我不该对此表达任何观点。
It's not for me to express an opinion on that.
你知道的,保罗。
You know that, Paul.
我,史蒂文,只是想澄清一点,但我觉得我们现在所处的阶段是,天知道还有多少人正被如此大规模地监控,这正是我想表达的重点。
I Steven, for for for a point for a point, but I think we're at the stage now where god knows how many other people are being surveilled to this extent, and that's the point I'm trying to make.
这就是皇家阿尔斯特警察的行为。
This is the behavior This is the behavior of the RUC.
这正是我们过去在皇家阿尔斯特警察身上看到的情况。
This is what we've seen in the past with the RUC.
正如你之前的嘉宾提到的关于共谋的问题,我们一直被灌输什么都没有。
As your previous contributor now has said about collusion, we're all fed nothing.
共谋根本不是问题。
The collusion wasn't an issue.
真正腐烂的是什么。
What about it was rotten.
那那些听这个故事的人呢?他们会不会想,当年军情五处、皇家阿尔斯特警察和PS9是否怀有某种更大的善意?
What about what about those who listen to this story, and they think to themselves, was there the intent of a greater good here from the MI five, from the RUC, from the PS nine in the past?
对。
Right.
不是皇家阿尔斯特警察,抱歉,是北爱尔兰警察局。
It wasn't the RUC, sorry, the PSNI.
如果他们试图揭露那些为记者提供信息的犯罪分子,那么他们的目的是为了更大的善,以阻止更多的犯罪。
In terms of in terms of if they were trying to uncover criminal elements who who who were sources to journalists, then they were trying for the greater good to stop further crime.
史蒂文,拜托,你别这样了。
Steven, come on now, will you?
听好了。
Look.
在特雷弗·伯尼和巴里·麦卡弗里案中,他们被逮捕是因为这两位先生揭露了警方所进行的非法行为。
In the case of Trevor Burney and Barry McCaffrey, they were arrested because those two gentlemen were exposing, exposing illegalities being carried out by the police.
他们揭露了警方参与非法活动的事实。
They exposed the police involvement in illegalities.
这就是这两个人被针对的原因。
That's why those two men were targeted.
所以,请别试图以‘为了更大的善’为借口来侮辱我,或者侮辱别人的智商。
So please don't insult me at my or other people's intelligence by trying to claim it's for the greater good.
我的意思是,你和我们住在这里。
I mean, you lived we live here.
你住在这里。
You live here.
我并没有声称什么。
I'm not claiming anything.
我只是在尝试呈现一些人可能持有的不同角度和立场。
I'm trying to put different angles and different positions that some people might have.
公平地说,
To be fair to
你啊,老兄。
you, mate.
这完全是胡说八道,你知道的。
That is nonsense You know
你相信现在的PSNI吗?
what Do trust the current PSNI?
绝对不。
Absolutely not.
绝对不。
Absolutely not.
为什么不?
Why not?
史蒂文,我能指出一点吗?
Steven, can I just point out?
我你已经
I'm You've
你听说了文森特·基尔尼,也听说了文森特·基尔尼和帕特里克·科里根说,现任总警司约翰·布彻对这些信息流入公共领域、供你获取负有责任。
heard you've heard Vincent Kearney and you've heard Vincent Kearney and Patrick Corrigan saying that the current chief constable, John Boucher, was responsible for some of this information getting into the public domain, being available to you.
这还算公平。
That's that's fair enough.
约翰·布彻只是一个人。
John Butcher is one individual.
约翰·巴彻尔只是一个人。
John Butcher is one individual.
在顶层。
At the top.
我谈的是在约翰·巴彻尔之下彻底腐烂的整个体系。
I'm talking about the I'm talking about the the rotten to the core system operating below John Butcher.
嗯,你说彻底腐烂,但你没有任何证据表明警察系统已经彻底腐烂。
Well, rotten to the core, you have no evidence that the police are rotten to the core.
调查。
Inquiry.
这是一次公开调查。
That's a public inquiry.
嗯,我支持这个观点
Well I'm a fan
你能不能说话更谨慎一点?
of wanna be more measured about your language?
我的史蒂文,我
My Steven, I
这对史蒂文来说有多侮辱性,
How insulting is that to the Steven,
史蒂文,对皇家阿尔斯特警察局及其行为有丰富的经验,
Steven, have a lot of experience with the RUC and their behaviors in the
过去。
past.
等一下。
Hold on a minute.
听好了。
Look.
今天早上我一直在保持平衡。
I I am being balanced this morning.
明白吗?
Okay?
今天早上,我对PACE提出了困难的问题,而且只要值得,我每天都会这样做。
And I'm asking difficult questions of the PACE and I this morning as I will do every day of the week where it's merited.
明白吗?
Okay?
但是,保罗,你难道不认为,对于那些在警队各级——无论是初级还是高级——都努力保护社区的男女警察来说,毫无证据地断言整个警队腐败透顶,这种说法太过分了,也贬低了你合理的观点吗?
But do you not think, Paul, for those men and women who get up at all different levels, both the junior level and a senior level of the police, and they're in it to try to protect the community, do you not think it's over the top and belittles your legitimate comments to suggest without any evidence that the whole service is rotten to the core?
不认为。
No.
不认为。
No.
不认为。
No.
不认为。
No.
你没有证据能这么说。
You do not have the evidence to say that.
别把话说得好像我讲过那样,史蒂文。
Do do not put words in my mouth, Steven.
我说的是约翰·巴彻尔下面的那条车道。
I said the lane below John Butcher.
有人下达了命令去做这些事。
Someone's given orders to do these things.
我不是在谈论在街上巡逻、执行交通拦截的警察和女警。
I'm not talking about the policeman and police policewoman on the street walking about doing traffic stops and so forth.
我不是在说这个。
I'm not talking about that.
我谈的是高层管理,那些制定
I'm talking about the upper management, the people who are making
还有你根本没有邮件。
the And and and you have no mail.
你们记者,那件事一直到20年都是这样。
You journalists That that was up until 20 look.
我今天只想基于事实来建立这个项目。
I just wanna base this program on fact today.
事实是,这种情况一直持续到2014年。
And the fact is that was up until 2014.
绝对没有任何证据表明,当前任何层级的管理层与此事有关。
There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that any tier of management, current day management, were involved in this.
然而,高层管理层仍有一些问题需要回答,其中一些问题我今天上午已经向他们提出了。
However, there are questions to be answered by upper management, some of which I've put to them this morning.
你们现在的警官中,有没有人是那些对记者进行非法监控的罪犯?
Are any of your current day officers the criminals who undertook illegal activity snooping on journalists?
听好了,BBC在这件事中也扮演了一部分角色,你今天听到了帕特里克·科里根说,正是BBC的法律团队协助并率先与文森特·基尔尼合作,推动真相曝光,并让警方对此负责。
Now look, the BBC had a part to play in this, and that you heard Patrick Corrigan saying today that it is the BBC legal team who has assisted and been at the forefront of of of working alongside Vincent Kearney to get the truth out there and hold the police to account for this.
BBC北爱尔兰的总监亚当·史密斯今天上午也在《早安》节目中发表了讲话。
The director of BBC Northern Ireland, Adam Smith, was speaking with good morning, also, this morning.
他说,执法部门在本案中的监控程度缺乏正当理由。
He said law enforcement did not meet the justification for the level of surveillance in this case.
我们为公共利益进行报道的基本自由是一个极高的标准,执法机构若要开展此类活动,必须达到这一标准,而在此案中,他们绝对没有达到。
The fundamental freedom that we have to report in the public interest is a very, very high bar which law enforcement agencies would have to get over if they were to engage in this kind of activity, and there is absolutely no way that they got over that bar in this case.
亚当·史密斯也被问及,他现在希望从调查结果中获得什么。
Adam Smith was also asked what he now wants from the findings.
我们希望得到承认,这种行为是不成比例的。
We want an acknowledgement that this was disproportionate.
我们希望确认此类事件绝不可能再次发生。
We want a confirmation that this cannot possibly happen again.
我们希望彻底明确,为何我们会被如此对待。
We would like absolute clarity on the reasons why we have been treated in this way.
昨天,我们多次被告知:我们无法提供更多信息。
We were told yesterday on numerous occasions, well we can't provide you with any more detail.
相关文件不存在。
Documents aren't there.
我们无法召任何人来解释这些授权为何被作出。
We can't call anybody to explain why these authorizations were made.
在如此多涉及公共利益新闻重要性的情况下,我们完全不清楚是否进行了任何适当的审查。
We are left with absolutely no idea whether any proper test was carried out in so many of these circumstances that sought to understand the importance of public interest journalism Okay.
在一个民主社会中。
In a in a a a democracy.
谢谢。
Thank you.
完全缺失。
Completely absent.
在十二年里完全缺失。
Completely absent in twelve years.
这是错误的,我们希望通过这一过程得到承认。
That is wrong, and we want that acknowledged through this process.
作为BBC北爱尔兰的总监,亚当·史密斯今天早上在《早安乌尔斯特》节目中表示,我们向您承诺,作为节目方,我们将继续向相关人士提出正确的问题,并为您争取答案。
As the director of BBC Northern Ireland, Adam Smith speaking to Good Morning Ulster this morning, we promise you as a program that we will continue to put the right questions to the right people and demand answers on your behalf.
03030805555。
03030805555.
来自BBC北爱尔兰的iPlayer平台,全新焦点报道。
From BBC Northern Ireland on iPlayer, brand new spotlight.
这些人拿钱时,就像约翰·迪林杰或比利小子一样。
These people took the money like they were John Dillinger or Billy the Kid.
打击一伙骗子团伙。
Cracking down a gang of con men.
他只需要二十万美元给我。
All he needs is 200,000 for me.
没什么大不了的。
Not a big deal.
他们是爱尔兰人。
They're Irish.
我愿意和你谈判。
I'm willing to negotiate with you.
而他们在美国一点一点地骗走数百万美元。
And they're in America ripping off millions of dollars bit by bit.
总计,还需要额外的20,000美元。
All in, it's gonna be an additional 20,000.
被称为流动军医。
Known as the traveling corpsman.
他们正被联邦调查局追捕。
They're being hunted by the FBI.
他们尽可能从受害者身上榨取钱财。
They gouge their victims for as much money as they can get out of them.
焦点节目:流动军医。
Spotlight, the traveling corpsmen.
请在BBC iPlayer上观看。
Watch on BBC iPlayer.
好的。
Right.
我们接下来谈一下MLA薪酬吧?
Shall we move on to MLA pay?
我认为,《诺兰秀》现在已经是第三天报道这件事了。
I think it's the third day now The Nolan Show has covered this.
这仍然是一个我们无法从北爱尔兰各政党那里获得全面答复的问题,关于从你们工资中扣除的钱。
It continues to be a story where we cannot get, fulsome answers from political parties in Northern Ireland about your money that's coming out of your pay packets.
因此,一个独立的薪酬审查机构负责决定北爱尔兰政界人士是否应该加薪。
So an independent pay review body, they are the people who decide, whether politicians should get pay rises in Northern Ireland.
这个独立的薪酬审查机构是由北爱尔兰议会议员自己设立的。
That independent pay review body was set up by the MLAs themselves.
我们昨天在这个节目中告诉过你们,当你们在新闻简报中听到正在进行一项咨询时,我们昨天已经揭露了,关于你们的税款如何用于议员加薪的这项咨询,其设计方式根本未让公众参与。
We told you yesterday on this program that when you're hearing in news bulletins about there is a consultation going on, We revealed to you yesterday that that consultation about how your money is spent for pay rises to the MLAs, it has been set up in such a way that you, the public, are not consulted.
所以不要以为‘咨询’就意味着你们被正式赋予了参与的权利。
So don't be thinking that a consultation means you have been given a formal role in doing so.
不。
No.
不。
No.
不。
No.
猜猜谁被要求提供意见?
Guess who are being asked to be consulted?
就是这些政客。
The politicians.
所以,政客们被要求反馈他们是否应该获得27%的加薪,那么各政党又在做什么呢?
So the politicians are being asked to feedback about whether they should get a 27% pay rise, and then what are the political parties doing?
你们熟知的许多政党都说,这取决于薪酬审查机构,他们对护士、搬运工和其他公共部门人员、警察以及相关群体只能获得23%加薪一事,却从不表达任何立场。
Many of your household name political parties are saying well it's up to the pay review body, they're not expressing an opinion as to when they are telling you that 23% of a pay rise is all that can be afforded for nurses and and porters and other people in the public sector, police officers, and all that comes with it.
他们表示理解你们的愤怒,但实际上并未明确告知你们,他们是会接受这笔加薪还是反对它。
They are saying they can understand your anger, but they're actually not telling you whether they're going to accept the money or fight against it.
他们也没有告诉你们,今年27%的加薪是合理还是不合理。
They're not telling you whether they think 27% of a pay rise this year is appropriate or inappropriate.
目前,北爱尔兰的平均工资为37,100英镑,而议员的现行薪资为53,000英镑,将于四月再上涨27%至67,000英镑。
Now the average wage that you're earning in Northern Ireland £37,100 and MLA's current salary 53,000 due to go up another 27% in April to $67.
吉拉丁昨晚在BBC一台直播中联系了诺兰,她就职于医疗系统,以下是她对提议的27%加薪的反应。
Geraldine called Nolan live on BBC One last night, she works for the health service, Here's her reaction to the 27% proposed pay hike.
我在医院做保洁工作,我为此感到自豪。
I'm domestic in the hospital, and I'm proud of it.
但我想说的是,我们去年已经涨过一次工资,却等了一年才拿到3.6%的涨幅。
But what I'm saying is we got a pay raise from last year, and we had to wait three we had to wait a year for 3.6.
上周我们还得把那笔钱还回去。
We gotta pay it back last week.
有很多人正在使用食品银行。
There's people on food banks.
有人确实如此。
There's people Yeah.
他们在经历着什么。
Going to what they're going through.
我们身处一线。
We're on the front line.
我们挽救生命。
We save lives.
风暴行动对我们毫无帮助。
Stormout do nothing for us.
这是27%的加薪。
It's 27% of a pay increase.
这会把他们的年薪提高到67,000英镑,杰拉尔丁。
It would bring them up to £67,000 a year, Geraldine.
再加上交通补贴。
Plus travel.
14,000英镑的加薪。
14,000 pay raise.
我们只拿到了17英镑的加薪。
We got £17 pay raise.
是的。
Yep.
而且我们还得等一年。
And we have to wait a year.
从一年到下一年,他们才能拿到这笔钱。
From one year to the next, they receive that.
杰拉尔丁,想到他们不愿直视你、亲口告诉你他们为何要做这个决定——如果他们真打算这么做的话——你有什么感受?
Geraldine, how does it make you feel that they won't look you in the eye and tell you and tell you why they are deciding to take it, if that's what they are doing?
这让你有什么感觉?
How does that make you feel?
太难过了。
So sad.
真的非常难过。
Absolutely sad.
听我说,我在医院工作,我所目睹的一切,我在那里已经二十五年了。
Listen, I work in I I what I've witnessed, what I've seen in hospitals, I'm there twenty five years.
我所看到和经历的一切,是MLA礼堂根本做不到的。
What I have seen and witnessed, the MLA Auditorium couldn't do.
不。
No.
杰拉丁,他们不会做的另一件事是,他们正在争论,杰拉丁,对吧,他们只是采纳了独立薪酬审查机构的建议。
Geraldine, the other thing they won't do because they they are arguing, Geraldine, right, that they're taking what an independent pay review body is offering them.
这背后是有逻辑的。
And there is a logic to that.
他们并没有自己做决定。
They're not deciding it themselves.
但他们已经操纵了规则,斯蒂芬。
But they loaded the dice, Stephen.
独立运作。
Arm's length.
他们操纵了规则。
They loaded the dice.
独立运作,对吧?
Arm's length, right?
但杰拉丁,想到公众——你们所有人,钱是从你们的口袋里掏出来的,这让你有什么感受?
But Geraldine, how does it make you feel that the public, all of you, from whom you the money's coming out of your pocket.
北爱尔兰的制度设计成这样:咨询的对象是那些把钱装进自己口袋的人,而不是像你这样的人。
The system in Northern Ireland is set up so that the consultation is done with the people who are putting the money in their pocket, and it's not done with people like you.
这让你有什么感受?
How does that make you feel?
羞愧。
Ashamed.
羞愧到甚至不敢说这个国家还有议员。
Ashamed to even say that there's MLAs in this country.
我觉得这应该让人震惊,应该被废除。
I think it should be a shock, that it should be abolished.
所有这些都该被废除。
It all should be abolished.
这简直是一团糟。
It's a scrape.
你说你在医疗卫生系统工作,是吗?
Do you you say you work in the health service.
你的具体工作是什么?
What's your job specifically?
我的工作是医院里的保洁员,照顾生病的孩子。
My job is a domestic in the hospital, and I look after sick children.
我可以问一下你一年挣多少吗?
And do you mind me asking how much you earn a year?
我的时薪是12.21英镑,但我得付账单。
Well, my pay salary is £12.21 an hour, and I have I have to pay my bills.
是的。
Yeah.
我们确实加班,是的。
And we do work overtime Yeah.
加班只是为了挣口饭吃。
Above overtime to just earn a living.
那么,你会...你每周...
So much would you How much would you how
你每周实际到手多少钱?
much would you take home a week?
我每周工作三十小时,每周收入330英镑。
I work thirty hours a week, and I get £330 a week.
而且我有账单要付,还有孩子要照顾。
And I have bills to pay, and I have children to serve.
这简直是一团糟。
It's a shambles.
我会在今天早间新闻后播放这些片段,但你看民主统一党、阿尔斯特统一党、新芬党,他们都在说同样的话,就是他们能理解你对此的感受,但这应该由独立的薪酬机构来裁定。
I'll play the clips after the news this morning, but you have the DUP, the Ulster Unionist Party, Sinn Fein, they're they're all saying the same thing, which is they can understand how you feel about this, but it's for the independent pay body to to to adjudicate.
所以,他们中没有一方明确表态,认为提供这笔钱是对还是错。
So none of them are saying whether it's right or wrong for them to have been offered this money.
我还没听到这个,所以我们会一起听。
Now I haven't heard this yet, so we'll hear it at the same time together.
STLP领导人克莱尔·汉娜今天早上在Radio Foil的《西北今日》节目中接受了伊莲·麦吉的采访。
The STLP leader, Claire Hannah, spoke to Elaine McGee on Radio Foil's Northwest Today program this morning.
让我们听听这位领导人的说法。
So let's have a listen to what the leader said.
人们对议员薪酬感到不满,因为他们认为风暴议会无所作为。
People are annoyed about the MLA pay because they don't think that Stormont does anything.
他们觉得,你知道,我们都知道立法的成果微乎其微。
They think the store you know, we know there's tiny amounts of legislation.
大家只是在原地打转,空谈不断。
There's a lot of talking around, in circles.
政府施政计划中的各项内容都没有取得进展,公共服务每天都在恶化。
The things that were in the the executives program for government haven't advanced, and public services seem to be deteriorating by the day.
这就是人们对议员薪酬如此不满的原因。
That's why people are so frustrated about MLA pay.
我们主张,只要对风暴议会进行几项切实可行的改革,就能让它真正发挥作用,
And we are saying that with there are a few achievable reforms of storming that would make it deliver,
这将使
that would make
那么就该轮到它了。
it time around then.
你们的议员将会
Your MLAs would
那时接受加薪。
be accepting the pay rise then.
但是,伊莲,他们真正想要的是更好的工作条件。
But but but what they want, Elaine, is better working conditions.
他们希望能够为民众提供服务。
They want to be able to deliver for people.
这掌握在执政党手中。
That's in the hands of the executive party.
这掌握在执政党手中,伊莱安。
The the it's in the hands of the executive party, Ilyan.
如果你只想谈薪酬问题,我们提出的方案是解决斯特蒙特运作方式的问题,重建公众信任。
If you want to make it just about pay, we are saying there are proposals on the on the table to fix how Stormont works, fix this crisis of public trust.
为什么我们不把这两件事一起做呢?
Why don't we do those two things together?
是的。
Yes.
给议员加薪,但同时也要改善斯特蒙特的运作方式。
Pay MLAs, but fix how, how Stormont works.
我们认为,这是执行政党抓住机遇、支持改革斯特蒙特提案的绝佳机会,让其更好运作,并重新赢得人民的信任。
We think this is a golden opportunity for the executive parties to get on board with proposals to reform Stormont, make it work better, and make people actually believe in it again.
通过提高薪酬。
By getting a pay raise.
因为归根结底就是这么回事。
Because that's what it comes down to.
但那样的话,好吧。
But then yeah.
但那就像,不过我明白你的意思。
But but that's like and but I get what you're saying.
你为什么不回应我刚才提出的建议呢?
Why won't you engage with the proposal that I've just said?
我的意思是,你为什么不提出
I mean, why why don't you put
事实上,薪酬委员会自己已经就议会薪酬在议会解散情况下的处理方式提出了建议。
it to this is but the the the determination, the pay body themselves, have made proposals about what we'll do with assembly pay in the event of Stormont collapsing.
他们自己已经将这一议题引向改革,恰当地介入了关于必要改革的讨论,尽管目前处于休眠状态。
They themselves have made this a conversation about reform, stepped into the space, rightly, of talking about absolutely essential reforms, Dormant.
我们认为这是一个绝佳的机会,我们会将此提议提交给其他政党。
We think this is a golden opportunity, and we will put it up to the other parties.
是的。
Yes.
我的意思是,我认为这会带来一个薪酬方面的结果。
I mean, I think a pay a pay outcome out of that.
我们并不反对这一点,但应借此机会让这一机制真正实现其预期目的。
We're not, against that, but use this as an opportunity to actually make the thing, work for its intended purpose.
我们为什么不好好把握这个机会呢?
Why why would we not take this opportunity?
好了,克莱尔,别这样。
Come on now, Claire.
今年薪资上涨27%。
27% pay increase this year.
你认为你们党应该接受这个方案吗?
Do you think your party should accept that?
是或不是?
Yes or no?
同样的问题也问你们,米歇尔·奥尼尔,还有你,加文·罗宾逊,以及你,娜奥米·朗。
And the same question to you, Michelle O'Neil, and to you, Gavin Robinson, and to you, Naomi Long.
记得你们最近对律师们说过什么吗?
Remember what you have told the barristers recently?
今年是27%。
27% this year.
这对你们每个人来说是否可以接受?
Is that acceptable to each of you or not?
当一项授权变成一项突破时会发生什么?
Happens when a mandate becomes a breakthrough?
我是Neshita Henry,Resilient Edge的特邀主持人,这是一档由德勤赞助并呈现的商业活力播客。
I'm Neshita Henry, special host of Resilient Edge, a business vitality podcast paid and presented by Deloitte.
我与两位正在重新定义企业转型面貌的领导者进行了深入交流。
I sat down with two leaders who are redefining what enterprise transformation looks like.
德勤的杰里·霍格曼和AWS的莎拉·奥莱古德带我深入幕后,了解制造业、政府和全球企业如何通过重大的系统变革实现演进。
Jerry Hogerman from Deloitte and Sarah Olegud from AWS took me behind the scenes on how manufacturing, government, and global enterprises are evolving through major systems change.
最让我兴奋的是,当我们取得这些突破性进展时,这一切都不是偶然发生的。
What excites me is when we have these breakthrough moments, that this stuff doesn't happen by accident.
AWS、德勤和SAP这三方联盟,能够理解人们所追求的价值主张,能够设计出相应的架构,然后切实地制定出逐步实现目标的路线图,这确实是这些成功案例的关键所在。
The triad of AWS, of Deloitte, of SAP, being able to understand the value proposition that people seek, being able to architect that, and then actually to define a roadmap to progressively achieve the goal really is what makes these successful.
让员工改变他们与技术互动的方式、遵循流程的方式,或者彻底重新发明流程并完全抛弃旧有体系,是非常具有挑战性的。
Getting your humans to change the way they're interacting with their technology, the way that they're following the processes, or just that they're reinventing altogether and we're going to completely throw something out is very challenging.
以下是值得注意的地方。
Here's what stood out.
2027年SAP的截止期限不是一个合规问题。
The 2027 SAP deadline isn't a compliance problem.
而是一次战略重置,是重新思考价值创造方式的机会。
It's a strategic reset, a chance to rethink how value is created.
如果你的愿景是十年期的,那么你的投资回报率将与一年或两年期的愿景大不相同。
If your vision is across a ten year horizon, your ROI is going to be different than if your vision is across a one or two year horizon.
那么,如何在不拖慢业务速度的情况下,迁移数十年的系统和数据呢?
So how do you move decades of systems and data without slowing the business down?
如何在为未来做准备的同时简化运营?
And how do you simplify operations while preparing for what comes next?
从遗留系统到人工智能就绪的基础设施,这场完整对话揭示了德勤、AWS和SAP如何帮助组织降低风险并实现持续创新。
From legacy systems to AI ready infrastructure, the full conversation reveals how Deloitte, AWS, and SAP help organizations reduce risk and unlock continuous innovation.
所有这些内容,尽在本期《韧性边缘》特别节目中。
All of that and more on this special episode of Resilient Edge.
在您收听播客的任何平台都能找到我们。
Find us wherever you listen to podcasts.
我们专注于
We focus on the part of
大多数人不了解的互联网部分。
the Internet that most people don't know about.
它被称为暗网。
It's called the dark web.
在暗网最隐秘的角落卧底的美国特工,正执行任务,寻找并解救遭受虐待的儿童。
Undercover in the furthest corners of the dark web, US special agents are on a mission to locate and rescue children from abuse.
现在行动。
Move in now.
从
From
BBC世界服务的《秘密世界》深入黑暗网络,追踪他们令人震惊的调查。
the BBC World Service, World of Secrets, the darkest web follows their shocking investigations.
在bbc.com或您收听BBC播客的任何平台收听。
Listen on bbc.com or wherever you get your BBC podcasts.
艾米莉、佩格、伊恩。
Emily, Peg, Ian.
看。
Look.
你得注意这一点。
You've gotta clock this.
明白吗?
Okay?
你一定要注意这一点,这非常重要。
It's really important that you clock this.
苏格兰和威尔士的同类职位收入远高于他们,即便如此,你们北爱尔兰的MLA目前薪资也只有53美元。
Their equivalents in Scotland and Wales earn a lot more than them, and even after so they're currently on your MLA's here in Northern Ireland, they're currently on $53.
他们的薪酬,也就是提议的加薪,尚未最终确定,但提议的加薪将使他们的薪资提升至67000美元。
Their pay their proposed pay increase, it's not nailed down yet, but the proposed pay increase would bring them up to $67.
所以对比一下苏格兰和威尔士,他们的薪资在7万多到8万美元之间;再对比一下英国南部,那里的薪资已经超过118000欧元。
So compare that compare that with Scotland and and Wales, They're anywhere between 70 odd grand and $80, then compare that, to down south where they're getting over a €118,000.
对吧?
Right?
因此,英国和爱尔兰其他地区的政客收入要高得多,所以在对这个问题形成看法时,你得全面考虑。
And so politicians elsewhere in The UK and Ireland are earning a lot more, so you've got to be rounded when forming your opinion about this.
但这关乎时机,不是吗?
But it's about timing, isn't it?
与此同时,那个名为斯特莫恩的机构却告诉你们所有人:如果你们在公共部门工作,我们勉强只能负担2%到3%的加薪,我们仅能勉强承担这一点。
At the same time as that very body, Stormont, is telling all of you, if you work in the public sector, we can just about afford two or 3% here, we can just about afford that.
他们并没有表达任何观点,也没有试图回避表态——即是否应该给自己涨27%的工资,还是应该挺身而出,说这并不合适。
They are not expressing an opinion or attempting to get away with not expressing an opinion as to whether they should be putting a 27% pay increase into their pocket or standing up tall and saying, that is inappropriate.
现在,TUV党的蒂莫西·加斯顿表示,他获得的任何加薪都将捐给慈善机构。
Now the TUV, Timothy Gaston from the TUV has said, any pay increase that he gets, he will donate to charity.
民主统一党、新芬党、联盟党——我们刚才播放了克莱尔·汉诺德的片段,因为她今天在福伊尔的《西北今日》节目中——他们都坚持不对此27%加薪是否合适发表意见的立场,而是表示这应由独立的薪酬审查机构来决定。
The DUP, Sinn Fein, the Alliance Party we played Claire Hanold there because she was on North West today in Foyle they are all holding this line of not expressing an opinion on the appropriateness or otherwise of that 27% increase, but saying it's for the pay independent pay review body to decide.
贝尔法斯特的托尼,你怎么看?
Tony in Belfast, what do you think?
你好,史蒂文。
Hi, Steven.
嗯,真的很愤怒。
Well, anger really.
刚才在新闻前听到,或者说你提到的关于北爱尔兰最低工资或最低收入标准,以及人们大致能拿到手的钱。
Just listening to just before the news or what you were saying about the minimum wage or sort of the minimum intake for NI, and then what people are sort of roughly taking home.
你知道,我是在零售行业工作的。
You know, I I work in sort of the trade retail section.
而且,目前我每年到手的收入大约至少有3万英镑。
And, you know, I'm, at the moment, I'm taking home about at least 30 k annual.
所以我基本上是靠周薪生活,你知道,日复一日,月复一月,而且我家里人口比较多,所以,你知道,这也没什么好抱怨的。
So I am I'm sort of living week to week, you know, day to day, month to month, you know, sort of you know, I've I've quite a large family, so, you know, nothing against that.
你知道,我特别爱我的孩子,所以我为他们省吃俭用。
You know, I I love love my kids, you know, why I have a downlink for them.
但你知道,开销实在太大了。
But, you know, it it's it's expansive.
现在什么东西都涨价了。
Things are expansive now.
当你听到那些政客们想要涨27.5%的时候,你知道,我能涨3%就不错了。
And, you know, when you hear things they got, you know, with politicians wanting this 27 and a half percent increase, like, you know, I I I'm lucky to get 3%.
今年新财年,我只得到了3%的加薪,这是我上一年工作的结果。
3% increase here for the the new financial year for whatever I worked the year before.
这真的很难熬。
It it's it's tough.
真的、真的很难熬。
It's really, really tough.
然后你再听到这些消息,这些政客们,他们真的能说得通吗?
And then you you hear things like that, and, you know, these politicians again, you know, can can can they justify it?
他们能站出来为我们解释原因吗?
Can they stand by it and tell us why?
他们的理由。
Well, they're they're justification.
理由。
Justification.
听好了。
Look.
听好了。
Look.
有些人根本没有做出解释。
Some of them haven't justified it.
有些人试图逃避对此发表看法。
Some of them are trying to get away with not expressing a view on it
是的。
Yeah.
除了说我们理解你们的愤怒,但这就是独立薪酬审查委员会提出的方案。
Beyond saying it's we understand your anger, but that's what the independent pay review board have come up with.
这对你们来说足够了吗?
Is that good enough for you?
不。
No.
我不这么认为。
I don't think it is.
不。
No.
不。
No.
这个独立薪酬审查委员会是由议员们委任的。
This independent pay review who's charged by the MLAs.
所以,你们知道,为什么我们不能让其他两个地方的人来对这个进行独立审查呢?这纯粹只是让人沮丧而已。
So, you know, why why can't we not have an independent review of that from somebody from the But, other two coming you know, it it's just it's it's it's frustrating more than anything.
你知道吗,昨晚你节目里请了那个在医院工作的女孩。
You know, we had that girl on your show last night who was talking to who worked in the hospital.
你知道,我妹妹刚成为一名心脏科护士。
You know, my sister has just qualified as a cardiac nurse.
她在皇家维多利亚医院工作。
So she has in the Royal Victoria Hospital.
你知道,她的收入也没比我的高多少。
And, you know, she's not getting much more than myself.
说到底,她是个救死扶伤的护士,收入大概也就那样吧。
Not she's a nurse saving lives at the end of the day, and she's probably getting about right.
她挣的也不会比我多多少,但我挺欣赏这一点的。
Well, she'll not be getting much more than me, but I like that.
而且她付出了很多。
And she's so a a lot.
她做的工作比我重要得多。
She she does a far more important job than what I do.
你知道,这真的非常令人沮丧。
You know, it's just it's really frustrating.
你知道,我也有孩子,他们需要在学校里得到支持。
You know, when you you I I have children as well who, you know, who need Sankar in school.
而且,学校在这方面也面临着巨大的困难。
And with that as well, we're the schools are struggling big time with it.
你知道,老师们已经筋疲力尽了。
You know, teachers are on their knees.
紧急服务部门,你知道的,所有人,听到这类事情,最让人感到沮丧。
The emergency services, everybody you know, it's just it's frustrating more than anything when you hear stuff like this.
你想对他们说什么?
What do you say to them?
那么,我们昨晚在诺兰生活节目上看到米歇尔·奥尼尔和艾玛·利特尔·彭格利,你觉得怎么样?
So what do you say we we saw Michelle O'Neil and Emma Little Pengelly on Nolan Life last night
嗯哼。
Mhmm.
他们基本上表示理解。
Basically saying they understand.
他们理解公众的情绪,但认为应由独立的薪酬审查机构来处理。
They understand public sentiment, but it's for an independent pay review body.
联盟党持相同立场。
Alliance are of the same position.
STLP,你今天早上听了克莱尔·汉娜的发言。
The STLP, you you heard Clare Hanna, this morning.
约翰·伯罗斯表示,新任乌尔斯特统一党领袖也说了同样的话。
John Burrows has said new leader of the UUP has said the same thing.
应该由独立的薪酬审查机构来处理。
It's for an independent pay review body.
你对今天早上这些政治领导人怎么说?
What do you say to all those political leaders this morning?
跟我们说说。
Speak to us.
跟人民谈谈。
Speak to the people.
来跟我们解释一下,为什么你要这么做?
Come and justify what what why justify to us why.
比如,我不能去对我的老板说:我能加薪吗?
Like, I can't go to my boss and say to him, can I have a pay increase?
那好,你凭什么觉得你应该加薪?
Well, justified to me why why would you want a pay increase?
哦,就因为我想要去见人民。
Oh, just because I wanna come to the people.
我们才是把这些人推上位的人。
We are the one we are the people that put these people in.
你知道的?
You know?
就像我说的,我也是个税务经理,史蒂文。
And like I said, I'm a tax manager as well, Steven.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。