本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
在北爱尔兰各地,通过你的收音机和BBC Sounds收听。
Across Northern Ireland, on your radio, and on BBC Sounds.
这是
This is
斯蒂芬·诺兰秀。
The Stephen Nolan Show.
早上好。
Good
早上好。
morning.
欢迎收听今天来自诺兰秀的这个播客。
Welcome on to this podcast from The Nolan Show today.
来自TUV的蒂莫西·加斯顿目前被暂停职务两天。
Timothy Gaston from the TUV finds himself in, suspension mode for two days.
他今天在节目中进行反击,但还有很多问题要问他。
He's on the program today fighting back, but there's a lot more to ask him.
所有内容将在今早陆续呈现。
All coming up this morning.
斯蒂芬·诺兰秀。
The Stephen Nolan show.
大家早上好。
Good morning, everyone.
感谢大家今天收听。
Thank you for joining us today.
我们稍后就会关注保拉·布拉德肖和蒂莫西·加斯顿的这件事。
We're gonna have a look at this Paula Bradshaw, Timothy Gaston story in just a moment or two.
蒂莫西·加斯顿今天来到节目,因为他被暂停了两天的议会职务。
Timothy Gaston is on the program today after he's been suspended for two days from the, assembly.
我们将为您呈现此事,但这一切背后有趣的是,它引发了一场关于政治家之间应保持何种礼仪和相互尊重程度的讨论。
We'll bring that to you, but the interesting context for all of this, it prompts a conversation about what level of decorum, what level of respect politicians should be given to each other.
就在今天早上《你好,北爱尔兰》节目的最后几秒钟,新芬党的帕特·希汉让新任联合主义党领袖闭嘴。
And just in the last few seconds there of good morning Ulster today, Pat Sheehan from Sinn Fein telling the new leader of the Austro Unionist party to shut up.
我们来听一下。
Let's have a listen.
事实上,这是这些岛屿上最漫长的未达成就故事,著名教育家鲍勃·萨利斯伯里爵士(Sir Bob Salisbury)几年前曾表示,我们实际上拥有整个西欧最长的教育成就滞后尾巴。
In fact, it's the longest tale of underachievement on these islands, and the renowned educationalist Bob Salisbury, sir Bob Salisbury said a few years ago that we actually had the longest tail of educational underachievement in the whole of Western Europe.
那我们来听听保罗的吧?
Well, let's let's let's let's Paul?
让我们在这一切中对每个人保持尊重。
Let's let's let's let's be respectful to everybody in all of this.
那么,保罗,
Well, Paul,
我有幸得到曼娜。
I'm lucky for Manna.
早上好,保罗。
Morning to you, Paul.
早上好,史蒂文。
Morning, Steven.
你对此有异议。
You take an exception to that.
我们在北爱尔兰彼此交谈时,就是这样的。
We talk to each other in Northern Ireland, kinda, as it is.
这有什么不对?
What's wrong with that?
这是完全不尊重。
Well, it's total disrespect.
让人呼吸是一回事,但公然对别人说‘闭嘴’,那就是彻底不尊重。
Telling somebody to breathe is one thing, but to be blatantly just saying to somebody, shut up, like, it's total disrespectful.
归根结底,你请那些先生来是为这个问题进行辩论的。
And at the end of the day, you know, you invaded those gentlemen on to have a debate about the issue.
帕特却转过头去,直接让他的议会同事闭嘴,而转过头来,他又抱怨蒂莫西·加斯顿让人呼吸。
And for Pat to just turn around and tell one of his Stormont colleagues just to shut up, and then on the other breath, he's complaining about Timothy Gaston telling somebody to breathe.
我觉得现在这里面有明显的区别。
I think there's a fair difference there now.
那么你到底想说什么?
So what what are you saying?
你是说肖恩今天早上这么做是不合规矩的吗?你是指他打了电话,还是别的什么?
Are you saying that was out of order by Shane this morning so far that you've picked up the phone days or what?
是的。
Yes.
这完全不合规矩,因为归根结底,当一个人在进行对话时,不管内容是什么,不管他的观点如何,直接转身让人闭嘴,仿佛对方根本不重要,这是不对的。
It is totally out of order because, you know, at the end of the day, when somebody's engaged in dialogue regardless to what it is or what their opinion is, to just blatantly turn around and tell somebody just to shut up as if they don't matter.
这里其实有一个非常值得探讨的话题。
There's there's a there's a really interesting conversation to be had here.
对吧?
Right?
我们稍后就会向你讲述蒂莫西·加斯顿的故事。
And we're gonna bring you this Timothy Gaston story in a in a moment or two.
但这也关乎一点。
But that is also about look.
当他让保拉·布拉德肖深呼吸时,标准委员会认为这严重失当,因此委员会支持暂停他两天出席议会的资格。
When he told Paula Bradshaw to breathe and the the standards commissioners determined that was so out of order that the the the committee has supported him being suspended from the, from from from being able to sit in the assembly for two days.
对吧?
Right?
那么,这样的惩罚是否恰当呢?
And it and and and it is is it is that a proportionate punishment?
而你马上又提到那个‘尾随者’的故事,说你对政治家的期望更高,不应该在北爱尔兰这种我们向来直来直去的地方,对别人说‘闭嘴’。
And then here you are immediately picking up on that caboose story saying you expect better of your politicians than than than telling another one to shut up in the context of Northern Ireland where we do say it as it is.
我们确实如此。
We do.
我们从不拐弯抹角,对吧?
We don't pull any punches, do we?
但不幸的是,史蒂文,如今我们生活在一个过度保护的社会里,必须非常谨慎地选择言辞。
Well, unfortunately, Steven, these days, there's a we're in a cotton wool society where you have to be very choosy with your wards.
那么,你今天早上对帕特·希汉说的是什么?
So what are you saying to Pat Sheehan this morning?
我对帕特·希汉说,他必须向约翰深深道歉,委员会应当关注他的行为,考虑对他施加怎样的停职处分,如此荒谬的举动实在令人震惊。
I'm saying to Pat Sheehan that he owes John a profound apology, and the committee should cue his behavior and see what suspension their own impose on him or such such an outrageous outpost.
好的。
Okay.
保罗,非常感谢你。
Paul, thank you very much.
早上好。
Morning to you.
今天早上拨打的号码是03030805555。
03030805555 is the number to call this morning.
现在九点过九分了。
Nine minutes now past nine.
那么,关于蒂莫西·加斯顿和宝拉·布拉德肖的这件事,你怎么看?
So what about this what about this story about Timothy Gaston and Paula Bradshaw?
让我为你提供一些背景信息。
Let's give you some of the the the context for this.
宝拉·布拉德肖和蒂莫西·加斯顿经常在执行委员会发生冲突。
Paula Bradshaw and Timothy Gaston have frequently clashed at the executive office committee.
2024年10月,委员会主席宝拉·布拉德肖指控蒂莫西·加斯顿骚扰证人。
In October 2024, the committee chair Paula Bradshaw accused Timothy Gaston of badgering a witness.
我们来听一下。
Let's have a listen.
他每周在你的办公室工作几天?
How many days a week he worked in your office?
他为你做过任何工作吗?
Did he do any work for you?
还是说新芬党只是用你预算里的钱来搞政治活动?
Or is it a case of Sinn Fein just using money from your budget for the political animal?
蒂莫西,你有没有把这些事上报给议会委员会或标准专员?
Timothy, have you referred these matters to the Assembly Commission or standard the commissioner?
这
This is
办公室里,我有机会在
the office and I have the opportunity when the
第一部长坐在我面前时
first minister sat in front of me to
提问。
ask.
问问题。
Ask questions.
这些,谁在主持会议?
These these who's who's chairing the meeting?
请进行投票。
Get a poll there, please.
请问谁在主持?
Who's chair, please?
谢谢
Thank
你。
you.
是的,谢谢
Yes, thank
非常感谢。
you very much.
那么,我们继续吧。
Well, then we'll move on.
如果你希望如此,如果你不想遵守部长行为准则,不想维护公共生活七项原则,那是你的事。
If if that's what you want, if you don't want to follow the ministerial code, if you don't want to uphold the seven principles of public life, that's a matter for you.
你在谈论
You're talking
信任。
about confidence.
信任。
You're talking about confidence.
而你今天根本没有做到公正。
And you're not doing any justice today.
抱歉。
Sorry.
你你
You're you're
在衡量证人。
measuring a witness.
我们以前已经讨论过委员会成员的行为准则问题。
We we we have gone through this before around the the court of conduct of committee members.
所以,请首相对此作出回应,然后我再让你发言,蒂莫西。
So first minister respond, and then I'll let you back in, Timothy.
请说。
Go ahead.
我只想说,先生,我非常认真地对待我的就职誓言。
All I will say, sir, is I take my pledge of office very seriously.
我非常重视公共资金的使用,我会为我在这些事情中的角色负责。
I take the use of public funds very seriously that I will stand over my role in all of those things.
就在同一个月早些时候,2024年10月,蒂莫西·加森试图向初级部长艾斯林·莱利提问。
Earlier that same month, October 2024, Timothy Gasson sought to ask junior minister Aisling Riley a question.
首席部长米歇尔·奥尼尔打断了回答。
First minister Michelle O'Neill intervened the answer.
首席部长,您曾表示,根据今天公布或发布的照片,您并未在活动中见到他。
First minister, you have said that you didn't see him at the event, going by the photographs that have come to or have been published today.
那么初级部长莱利能否也这么说呢?
Can the junior minister, Reilly, say the same?
您能否详细说明那天您与迈克尔·麦克莫尼格尔的互动情况?
And can you detail what your interaction was with Michael McMonigle on that day?
我来回答这个问题。
I'll take the question.
我的意思是,我认为我已经回答过这个问题了。
I mean, I think I've already dealt with the question.
我认为,任何人在这种情况下提供推荐信都令人极度震惊。
I think it has to be to be far horrified that anybody would give a reference in this scenario.
如果他们征询过我的同意,这件事根本不会发生。
Had they have asked my permission, it would not have happened.
我想我之前已经清楚地谈过其余的部分了。
And I think that I said out clearly earlier just in terms of the rest of it.
因此,如果有关于执行办公室的任何问题,我很乐意回答。
So if there are any questions relating to the executive office, very happy to take them.
随后发生的是,在另一次委员会会议上,蒂莫西·加斯顿让主席、联盟党议员宝拉·布拉德肖冷静一下。
Then what unfolded is during another committee meeting, Timothy Gaston told the chair, the Alliance MLA Paula Bradshaw, to breathe.
请听一下。
Have a listen.
她凭什么在这里?
On what basis is she here?
这正好触及了问题的核心。
Well, that gets the crux of it.
她是以第一部长、行政办公室联合任职者的身份在这里的,这正是所有这些问题的核心所在,蒂莫西。
Is she is here as the first minister, a joint office holder for the Executive Office, and that is the whole question around all of this, Timothy.
你怎么能限制成员的资格呢?
How can you limit to what members are?
我并没有说我要限制。
I haven't said I was going to limit.
我有说过我要限制吗?
Did I say I was going limit?
没有,我没说过。
No, I didn't.
法律
The legal
别急,先退一步。
Take a step by No.
我只是告诉你,你正在试图阻挠这项事务的推进。
I'm just telling you that you're you're trying to frustrate the business patronation.
你是在故意阻碍委员会的事务。
You're trying to frustrate the business of this committee.
我不是。
I'm not.
正是那句让委员会主席深呼吸的评论,导致了蒂莫西·加斯顿被停职两天。
And it was it was that comment telling the chair of the committee to breathe, which has led to the suspension, of Timothy Gaston for two days.
还有其他原因。
There are other reasons as well.
这只是其中一部分。
That is part of it.
今天我们早上已经和蒂莫西·加斯顿谈过了。
We've been speaking to Timothy Gaston this morning.
昨天暴露出来的是针对我个人的政治迫害。
What was laid bare yesterday was a political witch hunt against myself.
通过这一过程所揭示的,是对我的蔑视——一个来自乡村的、出身工薪阶层的年轻人,曾奋起抗争。
What has been exposed through this process has been the distain, for myself, a young country lad working class that has rocked up the storm.
昨天我意识到,政界人士对我提出问题感到不满。
I was exposed yesterday that the political class were took offense that I would be asking questions.
他们想让我闭嘴,但通过这个过程以及我在风暴中的经历,他们发现这根本做不到。
They wanted to silence me, but they have found out through this process and my time in storm that they're not going to do that.
是的。
Yeah.
如果你愿意,你可以继续扮演那个乡下小子的角色,蒂莫西。
You can play the the country lad game if if you want, Timothy.
但关键是,无论你来自哪里,行为准则专员都认定这与你的背景无关。
But the bottom line is, no matter where you're from, the standards commissioner found that it's nothing to do with that.
你违反了议员行为准则。
You breached the code of conduct for MLAs.
你难道不尊重它吗?
Do you not respect it?
哦,我尊重行为准则。
Oh, I I I respect the code of conduct.
听好了。
And listen.
我一直很坦诚。
I've been very upfront.
我回应主席对我态度强硬时的言论是不恰当的。
My comment to the chair in response to her being aggressive towards me was ill judged.
我承认,我错了。
I hold my hands up, and I acknowledge that at the end
在周末结束时。
of the week.
否认对你态度强硬。
Deny being aggressive towards you.
她会说她只是在履行职责。
She she would she would say that she was doing her job.
标准委员会发现她是在履行职责,而你应该在该委员会的职责范围内提问,而你却超出了范围。
The standards commissioner found that she was doing her job, that you should have been asking questions within the remit of that committee, and you were going beyond it.
所以她只是像任何主席该做的那样试图控制会议进程,提醒她深呼吸,问她是否还好?
So she was trying to control the session like any chair should and telling her to breathe and are you okay?
标准事务专员的发现可能被合理地视为语气傲慢且居高临下。
The standards commissioner found may reasonably be perceived as condescending and patronizing in tone.
那么,史蒂文,让我们来看看这场会议召开的原因以及当时的背景。
Well, let's look at, Steven, why that meeting was taking place and the backdrop of that meeting.
这是对公众关于麦克莫尼格尔丑闻的强烈抗议的回应,因为人们的问题没有得到解答。
It was in response to the public outcry about the McMonigle scandal and how questions weren't being answered.
所以当第一部长即将到场时,我和委员会所有成员都有责任进行质询,提出公众迫切希望得到答案的问题。
So when the first minister was coming along, k, it was up to myself and all the members of the committee scrutinize and ask the questions the public were demanding answers for.
如果这些问题被打乱顺序,你们说我们什么时候才能试图获取真相,从第一部长那里挖出她与此事的关联?
And if them questions are rolled out of order, you know, when are we meant to try and get, the truth and extract the truth from the first minister of her involvement.
她是梅加·麦克莫尼格尔的雇主。
She was the employer of Mega McMonagle.
我们什么时候才能获得机会,弄清楚那个被判有罪的彼得·费恩是如何得以在议会大厦自由走动,继续保留他的职位,然后从谢弗那里获得政治推荐的?
When were we expected, and when were we going to be given the opportunity to get the truth of how that how that convicted Peter Fein was allowed to walk about Stormont, continue to hold his past and then get political references from Schaeffer.
正如你所知,有多种方式可以向部长提问并获得书面答复。
As you well know, there are many mechanisms through which you can ask ministers questions and get written responses.
你是知道的。
You know that.
好吧,史蒂文,我同意你过去的观点。
Well, Steven, I I agree with you the past.
你为什么让宝拉·布拉德肖深呼吸?
Why did you tell Paula Bradshaw to breathe?
我的意思是,你为什么要这么做?
Like, why did you do that?
好吧,史蒂文,当时委员会内进行了一场激烈的争论。
Well, Steven, it was a it was a heated exchange throughout the committee.
气氛非常紧张。
Tensions were running high.
在我看来,主席的态度很咄咄逼人。
The chair, in my opinion, was aggressive.
她几乎要成为我的金标准,让我回应她。
She was almost golden me and to respond into her.
是的,我之前已经承认了。
And, yes, I have admitted earlier on.
当时我告诉过你,我的言辞判断失误,目的是为了缓和那种局面。
I met at the time I said to you my comments were ill judged and trying to deescalate that situation.
如果这种情况再次发生,我会选择不同的措辞吗?
If that's happened again, would I choose different, different words?
我相信我会的。
I trust I would.
但与此同时,这里的语境至关重要。
But at the same time, context is so, so important here.
这是否构成违反规定,应处以两天停职的处罚?
Does it does it amount to a breach in, sanction of two days suspension?
我不这么认为。
I don't believe so.
我当时就明白,一旦我承认我的言论有误,这件事就结束了。
I understood at the time once I acknowledged that that my comments were wrong, and that that was the end of the matter.
三个月后,这些言论又被翻出来,试图让我闭嘴,而他们成功了——现在议会已经做出决定,剥夺了北亨瑟姆选民在议会中发出强烈声音的权利,为期两天。
Three months later, they have been brought in again to try and silence me and gag me, and it's worked because now the assembly has taken a decision and denying the voters and the people of North Huntham their strong voice in the chamber for two days.
你是否承认自己带有厌女倾向?
Do you agree you were misogynistic?
不。
No.
绝对没有。
Absolutely not.
专员已经认定我并没有那样。
The commissioner found that I wasn't.
所以我认为这一点必须立刻明确下来。
So I think that's something that needs nailed in the head straight away.
你会对一个男人说‘深呼吸’吗?
You would have told a man to breathe, would you?
当然。
Absolutely.
我会坦诚地说。
I'll I'll be honest.
如果坐在主席位置的是个男人,我可能会更加直言不讳。
I'd probably have been a lot more forthright if it was a man who was in the chair.
为什么?
Why?
这其实是个情况问题。
Well, it was a case.
我只是在
I'm just being
对女性和男性有不同的认知。
aware differently than a woman.
我会非常在意这可能会被如何解读。
I would be very aware of how that could be perceived.
你知道吗,让我们看看我加入这个委员会以来的整体背景。
You know, let's look at the context of the the entirety since I come on, to that committee.
我感觉他们几乎是在试图让我闭嘴。
I was almost as if, you know, they were trying to silence me.
他们限制了我提问的时间。
They were limiting the time they were giving me to ask questions.
否认这一点。
Deny that.
非常清楚。
Very aware.
嗯,那是因为我
Well, that's I
我觉得如果你看一下
think I think I think if you look at that
这个委员会,你几乎无法辩称你被沉默了。
committee, you can hardly argue you've been silenced.
嗯,一开始他们确实试图这么做。
Well, at the start, they tried to.
他们确实这么做了,史蒂文,这正是引发大量压力的原因。
They tried to, Steven, and that's what generated a lot of the pressure.
因此,我非常清楚执行委员会内部的紧张气氛,我不希望再加剧这种紧张。
And so I was very aware of the tension that was on the executive office committee, and I didn't want to add to that.
所以我努力保持冷静、平和且理性。
So I was trying to keep cool, calm, and collective.
我每天都在履行职责,代表派我来的人发声。
I go about my day and represent the people on the party that sent me to represent them.
这就是为什么我抓住每一个机会提问,照亮那些黑暗的角落,进行体制并不喜欢的监督。
And that's why I've tried to do every opportunity to ask the questions, to shine a light in the dark corners, and provide that scrutiny that the establishment doesn't like.
当然,委员会内的所有成员都享有平等的发言时间。
All members within that committee are given equal time to speak, of course.
但确实存在一些日子,情况并非如此,史蒂文。
There was there was courses there was days that that wasn't the case, Steven.
我记得有一天,我是最后一个提问的人,只给了我一分半钟的时间。
I remember one day in particular where I was the last one to ask questions, and I was only given a minute and a half.
我会利用其他机会确保我的声音被听到。
I will use other opportunities I have to ensure my voice is heard.
即使我不在议事厅,你们也会通过我们所有的平台继续听到我的声音。
I might not be in the chamber, but you'll still be hearing from me across all our platforms.
这关乎的是看。
This is about look.
我们理解政治生活充满激烈交锋,尤其是在北爱尔兰。
We understand there is rough and tumble political life and in particular then in Northern Ireland.
我们明白这一点。
We understand that.
这个案例之所以引人注目,是因为它涉及一个问题:这是否为言论自由设定了新的界限。
The reason why this case is so interesting is around the question of whether this sets a new bar now for what you are allowed to say.
这是在限制言论自由,还是在提醒你:你必须遵守规则,违反规则将不被容忍?
Does this curtail free speech, or does this remind you that you have rules and regulations that won't be tolerated if you breach them?
你认为这对言论自由有什么影响?
What do you think this does to free speech?
我相信这揭示了那些体制内人士不愿被质疑的问题。
I believe that shines a light that those in the establishment don't like questioned.
比如,看看专员报告的第24段,你知道,技术上对某些问题的例外情况,显然九个问题太多了。
Like, if you look at paragraph 24 of the commissioner's report, you know, the tech exception to some of the questions, apparently, nine questions is too many.
他们认为这些问题超出了委员会的职责范围,与会议无关,但让我们来看一看。
They they deemed that they were out of remit, out of context to the committee, but let's look at it.
因此,TEO委员会负责处理历史虐待问题,而我提出的一些问题正是代表玛丽亚·卡希尔的。
So the TEO committee are responsible for historical abuse, and some of the questions that I was raising was on behalf of Maria Cahill.
所以这由我来负责。
So that was up to me.
当第一部长到委员会为她表达关切时,我感到很不安。
I felt when the first minister came to committee to raise concerns on her behalf.
让我们来看一看。
Like, let's let's look at it.
所以一个负责历史虐待事件的委员会,我们目前正在审议不同的立法,
So a committee that's responsible for a historical abuse, and we are going through different legislation at the
时刻关注母亲
moment looking at the mother
和婴儿之家的问题。
and baby homes.
我们对受害者负有责任。
We have responsibility for victims.
执行办公室的旗舰政策是终结针对妇女和女童的暴力行为,但他们对此提出了异议。
And the the flagship policy of the executive office says end in violence against women and girls, and they have taken exception.
实际上,发生的情况是,专员裁定,你向第一部长米歇尔·奥尼尔提出的问题明显与她办公室的工作无关,因此宝拉·布拉德肖完全有理由,甚至有义务进行干预。
Actually, what happened and what the commissioner determined was that the questions that you were posing to the first minister, Michelle O'Neill, quote, clearly did not pertain to the work of her office, and that Paula Bradshaw was therefore fully justified, quote, and indeed obliged to intervene.
这就是专员的结论。
That's what the commissioner found.
我提出的那些问题
The the questions I
他本应提出与米歇尔·奥尼尔办公室工作相关的问题。
He was supposed to be asking questions pertinent to her to Michelle O'Neill's office.
我所问的问题是关于她是否原本就有资格担任公职,史蒂文,而且我是代表一名受害者提出的。
The the questions I was asking was regarding her fitness to hold office in the first place, Steven, and it was on behalf of a victim.
所以让我们来看一看。
So let's look.
我所提出的问题,你知道,谁在关注受害者以及这一切?
The questions that I asked, you know, who's considering the victims and all this?
有谁曾经把玛丽亚·卡希尔当作受害者看待过?
Who has ever looked at Maria Cahill as a victim?
直到昨天媒体公布这份报告时,她甚至都不知道自己的名字被提及了。
She wasn't even told that she was mentioned in this report until it was released in the press yesterday.
迈克尔·麦克蒙尼科的受害者们又该怎么办?
What about the the victims of Michael McMonico?
有谁曾经为他们争取正义、为他们发声、努力查明真相?
Who has ever tried to get justice for them and speak up for them and try to get to the truth?
他们在整个过程中都被忽视了,我非常……在接下来的几周里,我会继续关注这个问题。
They have been lost on all of this process, and I'm very, you know, I'm I will be in the coming weeks.
我会回到这个话题,因为这是我们亟需关注的事情。
I will return to that subject because that's something that we need to shine a light on.
如果我们真的在谈论创伤敏感、以受害者为中心,那么受害者们究竟在哪里?
If we're talking about being trauma informed, victim centered, wherever the victims and all that
如果我们没有的话
If we weren't
根本未被考虑,这非常令人失望,我们竟然有一位这样的专员。
considered at all, and that is very, very disappointing that we have a commissioner.
我们曾有一个委员会审查她的决定,但受害者们从未被考虑过一次。
We had a committee reviewing her decision, and the victims were never once considered.
保拉·布拉德肖对我们昨天报道你党领袖在斯特罗蒙特提及警方对该会议调查的内容感到不满。
Paula Bradshaw is not happy with our coverage yesterday of the fact that your party leader stood at Stormont and referred to police inquiries into that meeting.
我再重复一遍,这不只是她一个人的看法。
And I'll repeat again, it's not just her view.
这是一个事实陈述:专员认定她完全有理由且确实有义务采取她那样的干预措施,而且没有任何警方调查。
It is a statement of fact that the commissioner determined that she was fully justified and indeed obliged to intervene, as she did, and there is no police investigation.
根本没有任何类似的情况。
There's not any even anything like it.
没有任何迹象表明有必要展开调查。
There's no sign of any evidence that would warrant an investigation.
目前有调查正在进行吗?
There's inquiries ongoing?
呃,确实有调查正在进行。
The well, there there there are inquiries ongoing.
你知道吗?
You know?
我现在正看着一封信,上面确认了:是的。
I'm sat looking at a letter here now that confirm Yes.
有调查正在进行。
There's inquiries ongoing.
但正如你所知,任何地方的任何人都可以向警方举报任何事情,而警方的调查并不意味着有人做了错事。
But, again, as you well know, anybody from anywhere can contact the police about anything, and an inquiry by the police does not reach the threshold that anybody has done anything wrong.
警方正在调查。
The police are inquiring.
此刻最关键的一点是,没有展开调查,对吧?
There's no investigation is the key pertinent point at this moment in time, isn't it?
关于你提到的,你认为蒂莫西让宝拉呼吸这一行为判断失误,你对此表示认同。
In terms of your comment about you you felt you you agree that it was ill judged for you, Timothy, to have told Paula Bradshaw to breathe.
你私下里已经向她道歉了。
You apologized to her behind the scenes.
你今天早上愿意公开道歉吗?
Are you prepared to publicly apologize this morning?
哦,宝拉想跟我过不去。
Oh, Paula wants to have an issue with me.
让我们来看看委员会成员构成的变化,看看上次是谁排在最后。
Like, let's let's look at the change in the dynamics of the committee who was last number once.
我们与鲸鱼组织保持着一种专业的工作关系。
There's a working relationship we got with the on whale as professional.
我获得的时间和大家一样多。
I get the time a fair amount of time, the same as everybody else.
所以并不是我重新把那些旧问题带到了桌面上。
So it hasn't me bringing all these old issues back to the floor.
这是她的抱怨,但这些事在昨天的季度中并不重要。
That's her complaint, and they didn't matter in the quarter yesterday.
我为他扶着门,当她走过时说了一声早上好。
And I held the door open for him and said, good morning, as she walked past.
如果保拉有什么问题,应该在昨天的议会上提出来。
Like, if Paula has any issues, the time to address them was in the chamber yesterday.
她有十分钟的时间以投诉者的身份发言。
She had ten minutes to speak as a complainant.
她没有利用这个机会,而我却非常积极、乐意地站出来,为我在整个过程中所做的一切辩护,维护我的名誉。
She doesn't take that opportunity, Whereas I was very keen and very happy to go in and stand up and stand over what I've done in the the entire in this process and defend my name.
我用了那十分钟在议会上做了这件事。
I took the ten minutes to do that in the chamber.
投诉人当时不在场。
The complainant wasn't there.
所以如果保拉有任何疑虑,昨天才是提出这些问题的时候。
So if Paula has any concerns, yesterday was the time to air them.
问题是
The question
今天早上问你的是,既然你承认你不该发表关于呼吸的言论,你是否愿意今天早上公开道歉?
to you this morning is given the fact that you've admitted you shouldn't have said the comments around breathing, are you prepared to publicly apologize this morning?
我认为,在那个委员会结束时,我被误解了,于是我直接向保拉澄清了这一点。
I believe that we got to a situation at the end of that committee where I was misunderstood, and I put that right with Paula directly.
对我来说,那天那个问题就已经结束了。
To me, that was the end of that issue that day.
你现在会表现得不一样吗?
Will will you now behave differently?
这是否影响了你今后的行为方式?
Has this had an impact on how you will behave?
你认为这会影响他人被期待的行为方式吗?
And do you feel it will have an impact on how others are expected to behave?
这将激励我继续站起来发声,代表那些将信任托付给吉姆·艾利斯特、将信任托付给合作社和我这个席位的北亨顿人民。
This will encourage me to continue to speak up get to my feet, and represent the people of North Hunton that put their faith in Jim Alister, the party put their faith in coop to me and to his seat.
我相信这件事暴露了当权者不愿接受监督的事实。
I do believe it has exposed the establishment that they don't want scrutiny.
他们不想被问及困难的问题,而我会继续做我一直在做的事。
They don't want to be asked the difficult questions, and I'll continue doing the job that I've been doing.
如果你看看过去24小时的社交媒体,我坚信公众舆论和公众支持确实站在我这一边,而不是站在提出投诉并主导这场政治猎巫行动的西亚尼和联盟那边。
If you look over social media over the last twenty four hours, I do firmly believe that public perception and public support is indeed on my side on this issue, not on those who have made the complaint and led the political witch hunt, namely Sianfi and alliance.
昨天,SDLP也加入了他们。
They were joined yesterday by the SDLP.
好吧,联盟方面表示,电视上再也不会有煤气灯效应或歪曲事实了,但你确实
Well, the alliance say no more to gaslighting or spin from the TV will will change the fact you were
这可真够讽刺的。
found That's rich.
这可真够讽刺的。
That's rich.
来自联盟党。
Comes from the Alliance Party.
他们简直可以写一本关于精神操控的教科书了,史蒂文。
They could write the handbook for gaslighting, Steven.
好的。
Okay.
蒂莫西·加斯顿。
Timothy Gaston.
非常感谢您。
Thank you very much indeed.
谢谢,先生。
Thank you, sir.
谢谢。
Thank you.
来自民主统一党的议员乔纳森·巴克利今天早上也在场。
The DEP, MLA, Jonathan Buckley, now with us this morning.
早上好,乔纳森。
Morning, Jonathan.
早上好,史蒂文。
Good morning, Steven.
那么,你是否认为蒂莫西·加斯顿让宝拉·布拉德肖深呼吸的行为是错误的,甚至应该受到惩罚?
So do you do you believe that Timothy Gaston was wrong to tell Paula Bradshaw to breathe to the point where he should be punished?
我不认为他应该受到惩罚。
I don't believe he should be punished.
我认为他已经明确表示,他以某种被提及的方式对宝拉进行了辩护,
I think he has made clear that that he calls defense to Paula in a way that's been alluded to, that
他应该道歉,而他也确实道歉了。
he should apologize, and he did.
他说他的话判断失误,不会再这样说了。
He he said his words were ill judged, and he wouldn't use them again.
我认为我之前正确地听到了他的说法。
I think I listened to him correctly saying, before.
但是,史蒂文,昨天完全是浪费时间。
But, Steven, yesterday was a complete and utter waste of time.
议会花了一个半小时,讨论两位来自不同政党的议员之间的个人纠纷,而不是探讨正在影响全球人民的问题。
It was an hour and a half spent by the assembly debating a personal dispute or spot between two members of two political parties rather than talking about issues that are affecting people right across
世界。
the world.
纠纷。
Dispute.
对不起。
I'm sorry.
标准委员会认定,一名现任议员违反了行为准则。
The standards committee determined that an a sitting MLA had breached the code of conduct.
这不是个人纠纷,乔纳森。
That's not a personal dispute, Jonathan.
哦,好吧,这确实是
Oh, well, it was a
个人纠纷。
personal dispute.
如果你看一下内容以及专员的主要规则和主要结论,就会发现这涉及主席布拉德肖夫人、联盟党与加斯曼先生之间的互动,他们两人同属一个委员会。
If you look at the content of it and the main rule and the main finding from the commissioner was that it was about the interaction between the chair, missus Bradshaw, the alliance party, and mister Gasman, who both sat on the same committee.
但昨天许多发言者,特别是联盟党,都没有提及第一部长为何出现在委员会前的原因。
But there is no reference, from many of the speakers yesterday, in particular, the alliance, the contacts for why the first minister was before the committee.
我的意思是,这位女士确实曾受到质疑,她是否向监督委员会隐瞒了关于迈克尔·麦克诺尼尔被捕后行踪的信息。
I mean, this is a lady who there was rightly questions around, did she mislead the scrutiny committee as to what she knew of Michael McNonical's whereabouts since his arrest.
但并未认定她确实如此。
And it wasn't determined that she did.
这里的关键是,
The point here,
但你的重点是
you the point But but at
那时,史蒂文,那时并没有确定。
that time, Steven, it wasn't determined at that time.
她当时被拍到离他只有几步之遥。
She was photographed feet away from him.
因此,人们合理地强烈要求她出席委员会听证。
So there was rightly outcry calling her to the committee.
所以加斯顿先生以及该委员会的其他所有成员完全有权利提出问题。
So mister Garston and indeed every other member of that committee were quite right and entitled to ask questions.
其中一项发现是,加斯顿先生提出了超出委员会职权范围的问题。
One of the findings was that mister Garston asked questions outside the scope of the committee.
我认为每一位成员都这样做了,包括主席本人,布拉德肖夫人。
I would argue every single member did, including the chair herself, missus Bradshaw.
这简直一团糟。
It was shambolic.
这是议会监督机制令人遗憾的一天,我认为从议会的角度来看,吸取的教训是委员会主席应确保委员会能够有效履行其监督职能。
It was a sad day for scrutiny of the assembly, and I think that the lesson learned from the assembly perspective is that committee chairs should ensure that committees are unable to carry out their scrutiny function on behalf of the
但委员会主席能做的毕竟有限,这正是需要有规则和行为准则的原因。
Well, committee chairs can only do so much, and this is the point of there being rules and codes of conduct.
如果其他人有意不遵守行为准则,主席能做的就更有限了,这大概也是当时标准专员判定宝拉·布拉德肖的做法正确的理由——她试图将问题聚焦在该委员会的职权范围内。
They can only do so much if if there are others who are intent in not following by that code of conduct, and this is presumably why the code the the standards commissioner at the time determined that Paula Bradshaw was right in what she was doing, was right in how she was trying to focus the questions within the scope of that committee.
但我想向你提出一个更好的问题。
But here's the better question to you.
今天早上你一直在为蒂莫西·加斯顿辩护。
Here you are defending Timothy Gaston this morning.
我们被告知,由你方的坦尼森和《早安阿尔斯特》报道,你们党——民主统一党——并未反对对蒂莫西·加斯顿处以两天停职处分。
That standards committee, we're being told by own own Tennyson and good morning Ulster that your party, the DUP, did not object to Timothy Gaston being suspended for two days.
这是来自汉萨德记录中辛纳芬党凯西·梅森的原文。
And here's a copy from Hansard from Kathy Mason of Sinn Fein.
她说,委员会就这一案件的决定是全体一致通过的,而她正是该委员会的主席。
She said the committee reached its decision on this case on a unanimous basis, and she's the chair of it.
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
当蒂莫西·加斯顿被暂停职务时,你们都在哪儿?
So where were you lot when Timothy Gaston was being suspended?
好的。
Okay.
所以有四个问题,让我一一回应。
So there are four questions, and let me just address them both.
第一个问题是,委员会之所以陷入混乱,是因为主席布拉德肖女士在委员会会议前与证人——即第一部长——进行了私下会面。
The first point is the reason why the committee can descended into chaos is because the chair missus Bradshaw chose to have a private meeting with the witness, which was the first minister prior to the committee meeting.
如果我是该委员会的成员,我敢肯定我会说出比‘呼吸’更强烈的话来表达我对这件事的看法。
If I was a member of that committee, I'm pretty sure I would have said stronger words than breathe when it came to what I
宝拉·布拉德肖已经对她的会面作出了说明,而标准专员并未发现任何不当行为。
And Paula Bradshaw has accounted has accounted for the meeting she had, and the standards commissioner did not find any wrongdoing.
我们不会重述了,因为时间不够,乔纳森,你两分钟后就得走了。
We're not going to rehearse because we don't have the time, you've got to go in two minutes, Jonathan.
我们不会重述这一点。
We're not going to rehearse that point.
保拉·布拉德肖在该委员会期间的行为被认定为恰当。
Paula Bradshaw was deemed to have behaved appropriately during that committee.
当时为什么民主统一党拒绝了蒂莫西·加斯顿?如果你们当时也在场,为什么决定一致同意暂停蒂莫西·加斯顿?
Why did the DUP knock back Timothy Gaston at the time, and how come the decision was reached unanimously to suspend Timothy Gaston if you lot were on it?
好的,亚纪,让我解释一下。
Okay, Akira, let me explain.
关于第一点,我理应感到愤怒,就像加尔森先生在委员会里那样。
To finish on the first one, I would rightly be angered as was mister Garson on that committee.
关于标准委员会,它与其他委员会不同,因为它拥有调查权力。
In relation to the standards committee, it is a different type of committee than any other committee given its investigatory powers.
因此,该委员会的会议是保密的。
So the committee is confidential.
我不知道发生了什么,但我确实知道,民主统一党昨天在议会上一致投了反对票。
I don't know what happened, but I do know that the DUP unanimously voted against this in the chamber yesterday.
这才是重要的投票。
That was the vote that mattered.
在所有这些事情中,这样做是完全正确和恰当的。
Remember in all of these things, it's quite right and proper.
该委员会的成员不会与其他成员讨论他们所接收的对话内容和证据的性质,斯蒂文,这实际上是有充分理由的。
The members of that committee do not discuss with other members the nature of the conversations, the nature of the the evidence that they're receiving for for good reasons, Steven, actually.
因此,该政党以及另外90名不在委员会中的议员,直到上周才收到这份报告。
So the party and indeed indeed the other 90 MLAs that that aren't on the committee, they only received this report last week.
让我们来澄清一下背景。
So let's just put it in context.
委员会事务之所以保密,是有充分理由的,而且应该继续保持这样。
There's there's quite good reason why those committee businesses are confidential, and that's the way it should stay.
好的。
Okay.
乔纳森,我知道你得走了。
Jonathan, I know you need to go.
我向你保证我会让你走,因为你九点半要主持一个委员会会议,而你只剩下三十秒了。
I promise you I'd let you go because you're chairing a a committee meeting at half past nine, and you have thirty seconds to get there.
谢谢你们今天来和我们交流,德里克和巴拉米娜。
So thank you for talking to us today, Derek and Balamina.
早上好,德里克。
Morning, Derek.
是的。
Yeah.
你知道,如果你要和加文共度时间,今天就过来吧,但我只是想知道,为什么这个安排对布拉德肖先生来说这么仓促。
You know, just if you're gonna be Gavin's time with Gavin, come out today, but I just wanted to know why that's there is short to mister Bradshaw.
他想知道什么?
He wanted to know what?
抱歉。
Sorry.
对。
Yes.
如果你今年要找凯文、保拉、布拉德肖
If you're going to Kevin Paula Bradshaw this year
我们确实给了宝拉·布拉德肖一个参与节目的机会。
Well, we've we've absolutely offered Paula Bradshaw an opportunity to come on to the program.
她拒绝了。
She's declined it.
我们又给了她一次参与的机会。
We've given her another opportunity to come on.
这个机会依然有效,我们随时准备为宝拉·布拉德肖提供平台,让她表达对此事的看法。
The opportunity stands, and we are very much here waiting, ready, to provide a place for Paula Bradshaw, to air her views on this matter.
我们休息一下好吗?
Will we take a breather?
我们暂停一下,九点半播报新闻。
Let's pause for a second and get the news at half past nine.
今天早上我们所有人之间的讨论,我能看出你们在质疑我们。
So the the discussion this morning that we're all having with each other, I can see you calling us on it.
我们马上就会播出你们的一些来电。
We'll get some of your calls on air in a moment or two.
03030805555。
03030805555.
关于宝拉·布拉德肖和蒂莫西·加斯顿之间这场争论的更大背景,涉及到议员行为中什么是可接受、什么是不可接受的界限,甚至达到被制裁的程度。
The bigger picture story around this argument between Paula Bradshaw and Timothy Gaston, It feeds into what should be acceptable and unacceptable to the point where an MLA is sanctioned.
所以蒂莫西·加斯顿让主席深呼吸,你觉得这有多严重?
So Timothy Gaston telling that chair to breathe, how bad is that in your mind?
当然,今天早上还有一段背景:当新任阿尔斯特统一党领袖约翰·伯勒斯今天早上对巴克勒讲话时。
Then the context this morning, of course, that on air when the new leader of the Ulster Unionist party, John Burroughs, was speaking to Buckler this morning.
伯勒斯打断了帕特·希汉,而希汉让他闭嘴。
Burroughs interrupted Pat Sheehan, and Sheehan told him to shut up.
我们不妨听一下,就在大约半小时前,Gamu上这段对话是如何展开的。
Let's just have a listen actually how that unfolded on Gamu just about half an hour ago.
我们实际上曾经历过西欧最漫长的教育落后历史。
That we actually had the longest tale of educational underachievement in the whole of Western Europe.
让我们来谈谈这一点
Let's And what that
意味着无法推动它上升。
means can't drive it up.
那意味着什么。
And and what that means.
闭嘴,约翰。
Shut up, John.
等一下。
Hang on.
好吧,让我们在这一切中对每个人保持尊重。
Well, let's let's let's let's be respectful to everybody in all of this.
今天有些人对此表示异议。
And some of you are taking exception to that today.
零三三零八零五五五五。
Zero thirty thirty eighty fifty five fifty five.
今天我们邀请到爱尔兰新闻评论员牛顿·艾默生。
Irish news commentator Newton Emerson with us today.
尼敦,北爱尔兰政治中的攻防交锋。
Cut and thrust to politics in Northern Ireland, Newton.
什么是可以接受的,什么是不可接受的了?
What's acceptable and what's not anymore?
北爱尔兰政治一个奇怪的特点是,通常它非常有礼貌,尤其是在议会政治中,与苏格兰或威斯敏斯特相比。
One of the things the odd things about Northern Ireland politics is is usually how polite it is, if you compare it certainly in in in the assembly politics, if you compare it to, say, to Scotland or Westminster.
因此,我们这里通常有着相当文明的议会政治。
So we we normally do have fairly civil parliamentary politics here.
在委员会中,也有一套需要遵循的潜规则。
And there is a bit of a game also that needs to be played in the committees.
因为这些都是政党委员会,它们在审查来自委员会成员所属政党的部长们。
Because they're all party committees, they're scrutinizing, you know, the ministers from the parties often of members that are on the committee.
所以他们不能太过对抗,否则系统就无法运转。
So they can't be too confrontational or the system won't work.
这并不是权力分享特有的问题。
And that's not a particular problem with power sharing.
在威斯敏斯特,所有政党委员会都是一样的。
Westminster, all party committees are the same.
为了使这套机制正常运转,每个人都需要表现出一定的克制。
Everybody needs to show a little bit of restraint in order for this to function.
因此,我认为,斯托蒙特正在逐渐失去这种平衡感,而它在委员会层面的运作历史上一直非常成功。
And so there's beginning to be, I think, a breakdown in that sense at Stormont having operated very successfully at the committee level throughout its operational history.
你不仅在行政办公室委员会看到这种情况,还在社区委员会看到,新芬党成员要求民主统一党部长戈登·兰兹辞职。
You see it not just in what's happened at the executive office committee, but in the community's committee where Sinn Fein members have been calling for the DUP minister Gordon Lands to resign.
显然,戈登·兰兹不会辞职,于是委员会就显得非常荒谬。
And, obviously, Gordon Lands isn't going to resign, so then the committee just looks ridiculous.
蒂莫西·加斯顿在行政办公室委员会所发生的事情则更微妙一些。
What's happened at the executive office committee with Timothy Gaston is a bit more subtle.
我认为,加斯顿对在委员会中可以多具竞争性、比如能否向证人提出尖锐问题,有着不同的看法;而委员会其他成员——并非全部成员,但主要是主席和其他人——似乎认为证人在委员会里就该轻松闲聊。
I think that Gaston has a different perspective on how competitive you can be on whether you can ask challenging questions to witnesses, for example, and the rest of the committee, well, not an entire rest of the committee, but the chair and other members seem to think that witnesses at committees, for example, should just have a nice chat.
这似乎是他们对
That seems to be understanding of
委员会。
the committee.
宝拉·布拉德肖这么做了,而标准委员会支持宝拉·布拉德肖,让她聚焦于委员会的职权范围提问。
Paula Bradshaw did, and the the standards committee backed Paula Bradshaw up in her in her attempt to focus the questions on the remit of the committee.
是的。
Yes.
但我谈的是另一个问题:委员会认为蒂莫西·加斯顿不该向证人提出特别具有挑战性的问题——不是部长,而是那些前来提供专业证词的证人。
But I'm talking about a different issue where where the committee has said that that Timothy Gaston should not have asked particularly challenging questions to witnesses, not ministers, but witnesses who turn up and just want to give their expert testimony.
因此,关于在这些委员会中可以多尖锐地提问,各方存在一些分歧,而这已经升级为政党之间的对抗。
So there's a little bit of a difference of opinion there about how edgy you can be at these committees, and that has just escalated into this, into into this, confrontation between parties.
因此,专员表示,当加斯顿让宝拉·布拉德肖深呼吸时,这一评论是不合理的、过度的,并且可能被合理地视为带有居高临下和轻蔑的语气。
So the commissioner said that when when Gaston, told Paula Bradshaw to breathe, that comment was unreasonable excessive and may reasonably be perceived as condescending and patronizing in tone.
你认为普通公众会同意专员的看法吗?
Do you think many of the general public would would agree with the commissioner?
嗯,我的意思是,海瑟,你同意吗?
Well well, I mean Do you agree, Heather?
这不是公众的评判。
It's not the public judgment.
我认为那很可能是一句居高临下的言论,但并不比委员会其他人对蒂莫西·加斯顿说的居高临下的话更过分。
I think it probably was a a a condescending remark, but no more so than the condescending remarks made by others to Timothy Gaston at the committee.
一切都变得有点居高临下了。
It has all got a bit a bit condescending.
他没有按照他们理解的方式玩游戏。
He he is not playing the game as they understand it.
他们所有人,或者其中一些人,都是这么想的,抱歉。
That's how they all feel or some of them feel there, sorry.
民主统一党的成员,我似乎并不觉得如此。
The DUP members, I don't seem to feel that.
我个人认为,他更像是一位威斯敏斯特委员会的成员,而不是斯特莫恩委员会的成员。
Personally, I think that he's more like a Westminster committee member than a Stormont committee member.
他比斯特莫恩委员会喜欢的风格更具对抗性,但在我看来,并不过分。
He's a little bit more combative than than a Stormont Committee likes, but not not unreasonably so in my opinion.
我认为他只是在任职期间逐渐以错误的方式激怒了他们,而整个系统无法消化这种情况。
I think he's just he's just wind them up progressively the wrong way over the the period that he's been there, and the system has not been able to digest it.
你对这个处罚有什么看法?
What do you make of the sanction?
停职两天?
Two days suspended?
我的意思是,我认为这算不上什么特别不可逆或残酷的处理。
I mean, I think, you know, it's not it's not nothing particularly irreversible or ruthless.
这对他来说有点尴尬。
It's a bit embarrassing for him.
我认为他提到的一点让我印象深刻,他说当时就已经为那番言论道歉了,而这个投诉在他看来是几个月后突然冒出来的。
I I think that I I'm impressed by his point that he said that he apologized for the remark at the time, and then this complaint, as far as he's concerned, came out of the blue months later.
所以他觉得这是趁机发难,而我个人认为,这个投诉并没有得到足够的重视。
So he feels it was opportunistic, and I I don't think personally, I don't think that that that complaint was given sufficient weight.
这是韦恩和沃伦的观点。
Here's Wayne and Warren Point.
你替我说一遍。
Say that for me.
早上好,韦恩。
Good morning, Wayne.
早上好,史蒂文。
Morning, Steven.
史蒂文。
Steven.
天哪。
Oh, for goodness sake.
今天早上电话到处都是。
The phones are everywhere this morning.
我们看看能不能把韦恩叫回来。
We'll see if can get Wayne back.
不过手机快用完了。
Although the mobiles are running out.
我其实想知道,这是否是因为最近天气不好,导致一些口罩销量下降了,因为我的手机也撑不住了。
I actually wonder if it was because of the bad weather recently and whether some of the masks have gone down because my phone can't won't stand up either.
03030805555。
03030805555.
戴维森·克鲁姆林。
Davidson Crumlin.
早上好,大卫。
Morning, David.
早,早安,史蒂文。
Good good morning, Steven.
你怎么样
How are
吗?
you?
我还行。
I'm okay.
请说吧,先生。
Go ahead, sir.
史蒂文,我刚才在听你和蒂莫西说话。
Steven, just I was listening to you speaking with Timothy there.
蒂莫西提到你的一句话,你有没有意识到你的言论可能带有厌女倾向?
And one of your comments that Timothy was, could you have perceived your comment to be misogynistic?
让他女孩深呼吸。
Ask him a girl to breathe.
让他让宝拉·布拉德肖深呼吸。
Ask him Paula Bradshaw to breathe.
是的。
Yes.
史蒂文,我自己在过去这十年左右发现,男性气质常常被描绘成厌女。
Stephen, I myself have found over this past decade or so masculinity being being portrayed as misogyny.
有时,那些在沮丧中说出的话被解读为攻击行为,类似的情况我也经历过;正如蒂莫西正确指出的,确实有一些男人虐待女性,这完全是错误的。
And sometimes comments that might have been, said in frustration have been taken as acts of aggression or or similar, at a similar situation myself where and as as Timothy was rightly saying, there's there's men out there, yes, that have abused women, and that's completely wrong.
但也有男性,史蒂文,他们被女性虐待过。
But there's also men out there, Steven, that have been abused by women.
就在最近,你知道,司法部长
And just recently, you know, the justice minister
我不确定你想说什么,大卫,但这里的关键是,你觉得让宝拉·布拉德肖‘呼吸’这个评论是否恰当,是否应该受到处罚。
I'm not I'm not sure where you're going with this, David, but the the the the point here is whether you feel that the the the comment telling Paula Bradshaw to breathe was appropriate or not and warranted a sanction or not.
这正是我想表达的。
Well, that this is what I'm trying to get to.
关于‘呼吸’这个评论,正如蒂莫西今天上午承认的,很可能是因为他在与小组对话时感到沮丧,他没有足够的时间来解释自己想说的内容。
The the the comment breathe, quite possibly as Timothy has has admitted this morning, had been said through frustration because of the the the conversation to him and for him between Timothy and the panel, the lack of time that Timothy was getting to explain what he wanted to explain.
我想说的是,蒂莫西的沮丧和那句‘呼吸,阿波罗,呼吸’。
And I'm saying what I'm saying is that Timothy's frustration and saying, breathe, Apollo, breathe.
我也遇到过类似的情况,社会服务机构以及我接触过的其他不同机构,都曲解了我说过的话。
I've found similar things where social services and different different bodies that I've been dealing with have have taken things out of context that I have said.
好的。
Okay.
所有这些都被归咎于用餐时的攻击性,而在这种情况下,如果他们有机会充分表达自己、适当提问,并阐述他们被对待的方式以及被理解的方式,
And and it's it's all put down to the aggressiveness of the meal, in in a situation where that if they had a had an opportunity to explain themselves properly and ask questions properly and put their point of view over about how they were being treated and how they were being, understood by
不同。谢谢。
different Thank you.
我明白了。
I get it.
我明白了。
I get it.
我听到了。
I hear you.
韦恩和沃伦·波因特。
Wayne and Warren Pointe.
我们再试一次。
Let's try you again.
早上好,韦恩。
Morning, Wayne.
早上好,史蒂文。
Morning, Steven.
史蒂文,在我看来,那其实是一句评论。
Steven, in my opinion, it was a really it's actually a remark.
基本上,你说你是个
Basically, say you're
女人。
a woman.
深呼吸。
Breathe.
你知道我说的是什么意思吗?
You know what mean?
放松一下。
Relax yourself.
深呼吸。
Breathe.
还有约翰·伯罗斯,他本不该被要求闭嘴。
And the providing John Burrows, he should not have been told to shut up.
我们的人,我们的政客正在失去对彼此的尊重。
Our people, our politicians are losing respect for each other.
我们目前的政治体系以及一切
Our political system at the minute and all
但有些人可能会说,看看世界上任何政治体系。
the But some people might argue, you look at any political system across the world.
天啊。
My goodness.
看看威斯敏斯特那种互相撕扯的棉花般的激烈争吵。
Look at the cotton cotton thrust of of of Westminster where they rip shreds out of each other.
看看美国那边的言论氛围。
Look at America and the discourse there.
这难道不是正常的政治吗?
Like, is that not normal politics?
但问题是,史蒂文,我不把我们的政客当作真正的政客。
But the problem is, Steven, I don't count our politicians even as real politicians.
但老实说,我认为在你提到的所有地方,比如韦斯特布鲁克,他们从不外出。
But quite honest with you, I think over in all of them all places you're talking Westbrook, they never go out.
他们尽力完成自己的工作。
They do their best to deliver.
一个政党上台。
One party goes in.
有一个反对派。
There's an opposition.
他们不需要像其他国家那样花上十二个月或十八个月来组建政府。
It doesn't 12 take them twelve months or eighteen months to form a government like a year.
他们参加选举。
They go to the election.
一旦上台,他们就能立即投入运作。
They're once they're in, they're up and running.
他们曾经在这里。
They were here.
需要十二个月。
It takes twelve months.
他们并不相同。
They're not the same.
你无法比较任何一方。
You can't compare any.
在政治方面,我们就像北爱尔兰。
We're like Northern Ireland as regarding their politics.
在我看来,我们不需要什么真正的
In my opinion, we don't need no real
政治家。
politicians.
我们不需要。
We don't.
他们不会兑现承诺。
They don't deliver.
我的意思是,你告诉我他们会提供一些东西。
I mean you told me they would do deliver something.
但在下一次选举之前。
But before the next election.
我会盯着你。
And I'm going to hold you
说到做到。
to that one.
因为在我看来
Because in my
他们什么都不会实现。
opinion they'll deliver nothing.
我们的仓储服务会更差。
Our warehouse service will be worse.
我们的教育服务会更差。
Our education service will be worse.
我们的道路也会更差。
And our roads will be worse.
我将一无所有,只有上面乡村俱乐部提供的祈祷套餐,附带一家餐厅。
I'm gonna have nothing, only their prayer package from the country club up above with a restaurant.
这就是我们所拥有的全部。
That's all we'll have.
温,谢谢你。
Wynne, thank you.
今天早上打电话的号码是03030805555。
03030805555 is the number, to call this morning.
牛顿·埃默森,你认为有多少人会听这段话,并想到北爱尔兰现实中存在的问题——天啊,医疗服务中的坑洼、我们的教育系统和医疗等候名单等等——会觉得这不成比例吗?
Newton Emerson, how many people do you think will be listening to this and the real problems that there are in Northern Ireland around, my goodness, the potholes in the health service and our education system and health waiting lists and all of that and think that this is disproportionate?
嗯,大多数人根本就懒得听。
Well, most most people just switch off to it.
即使作为一名必须深入研究这些内容以完成工作的人,当我查看议会程序的细节时,我的眼睛也会感到昏花。
And even as someone who has to has to look into this for my job, I find my eyes cross over when I look into the minutiae of parliamentary procedure.
政客们当然离这些太近了,许多政客对这类程序性争论感到着迷且高度投入,甚至能为此纠结数月。
Politicians are too close to it, obviously, and many politicians find these kind of procedural arguments fascinating and highly engaging, and they they can obsess over them for months.
而我敢肯定,99%的公众甚至从未关注过最宏观的程序细节。
Whereas, I I mean, I'm quite certain that that 99% of the public never follows even the, you know, the even the most the broadest outline detail.
他们只是对这种局面留下混乱和失能的印象。
They just get an impression of chaos and dysfunction.
事实上,每个人都需要从远处重新审视斯特莫恩的运作方式。
And, really, everybody needs to take a step back at Stormont and think about how they're seen.
目前斯特莫恩的状况如何?
Where where what is the state of affairs at Stormont at the moment?
今天《爱尔兰新闻》刊登了米歇尔·奥尼尔的一份声明,其中阐述了她认为执行委员会和新芬党所取得的成果。
Well, there was a an article in the statement by Michelle O'Neil in the in the Irish news today stating the delivery that she believes that the executive has achieved and that Sinn Fein has achieved.
我认为,公众和媒体对斯特莫恩的看法中,存在过多的灾难化和例外主义倾向。
I think that there's too much catastrophism and exceptionalism in how the public and the media tends to see Stormont.
从全球民主政体的角度来看,这种政治体制及其面临的问题其实并不算特别异常。
It's not really that unusual a political system in terms of democracies everywhere and the problems that it faces.
即使它的结构虽然非常独特,但也并非完全荒谬。
Even the structure that it has, although it's highly unusual, really isn't that completely bizarre.
因此,我认为各政党及行政机构都意识到,目前公众对它们有着非常负面的看法。
And so I think that parties and the executive are, they are aware that they have this very negative public perception at the moment.
它们希望强调自己仍在正常运转,并且正在提供某些成果,这是它们自己的看法。
They want to emphasize that they are still functioning and delivering something as they see it.
我认为它们并不觉得自己像外界所看到的那样功能失调,但像这种委员会争执这样的新闻,根本无法传达出这一信息。
I don't think they see themselves as as as dysfunctional as they now appear from the outside, but stories like this committee argument really fail to get that message across.
今天早上,艾玛·D·索扎也加入了我们的讨论。
Emma D'Souza is joining us as well this morning.
早上好,艾玛。
Morning to you, Emma.
早上好,史蒂文。
Morning, Steven.
你对这一切以及花费在上面的时间有什么看法?
What what what do you make of of all of this and the time being spent on it?
公平地说,我们也在报道这件事,因为我对如今政界人士彼此交谈的界限、什么被接受、什么不被接受感到好奇。
To be fair, we're covering it as well because I'm interested in what are the parameters now for how politicians are expected to speak to each other and then what will be tolerated and what won't?
是的。
Yeah.
听我说。
Look.
我的意思是,史蒂文,这里确实遵循了一个程序。
I mean, Steven, there was a process followed here.
必须维护一定的标准。
There are standards that have to be upheld.
我认为,政界人士是公职人员。
I think what that the politicians are public servants.
他们的职责是服务公众,我们对政治代表的言辞理应有很高的期待。
They're meant to serve the public, and there absolutely has to be a high standard of discourse that we should expect off our poll political representatives.
所以,我觉得这个结果对于蒂莫西本人所说的话来说是公平的。
So, you know, I think this is a a fair outcome for what, you know, Timothy himself has said.
他当时对自己的语气感到后悔。
He regrets at the time in terms of his tone.
我认为这里有很多教训可以吸取,不仅对这位代表,而且对我们所有的代表在议院中的行为方式都有借鉴意义。
I think there's lessons to be learned, not just for this individual representative, but for all of our representatives in terms of how they actually operate in that, chamber.
而且,我觉得,令人失望的是,在我看来,我们正在看到一种更加脆弱的对话氛围。
And that, you know, it's disappointing, I think, to see that we are, in my view, seeing a more brittle discourse.
随着选举临近,我们看到政客们彼此之间的攻击越来越多。
We're seeing politicians chipping away each other a little bit more as we begin to get ready for an election.
艾玛,你觉得这都是可以接受的吗?
Do you think it's all fair game, Emma?
我认为这里必须有更高的行为标准,而目前我们并没有看到政治代表们展现出这样的标准。
I think that there there has to be a better standard of practice here, and I don't think that we're seeing that represented at the moment from political representatives.
我觉得他们正在重新退回各自的阵地。
I think that they are beginning to go back into the trenches.
我的意思是,选举是在2027年举行,但我们已经看到言论变得更加尖锐了。
I mean, the election fought at 2027, but yet we already see a more brittle discourse.
而且在社交媒体上也是如此。
And it's also across social media as well.
我的意思是,当前出现的言论确实非常艰难,并且会波及整个社会。
I mean, it's the discourse that's emerging is really quite difficult, and it ripples across society.
这会产生影响。
It has an impact.
言论尖锐有什么不对吗?
What's wrong with brittle discourse?
我认为,史蒂文,我们彼此交谈时应该有一个基本的标准。
I would say there's just a standard required, Steven, in terms of how we speak to each other.
这关乎尊重。
It's about respect.
这关乎尊重,而这次事件中确实缺乏尊重,我认为政治代表们应该达到更高的标准。
It's about respect, and there there was a lack of respect in this instance, and I think that political representatives have to be found in a higher standard.
你如何定义政治辩论中的尊重?在政治讨论中,尊重意味着什么?
How do you define respect in in political knockabout, in political discourse, in political discussion?
政治上的激烈争论与无礼、不尊重、应受惩罚的言论之间有什么区别?
What is political knock knockabout compared to disrespectable, disrespectful, punishable discourse?
是的。
Yeah.
听好了。
Look.
我的意思是,这里一直存在一个标准,已经对此进行了审查。
I mean, there's a standard there's been a standard review here.
这件事已经进行了调查。
It's been it's been investigated.
已经有了结论。
There's a conclusion.
有一份很好的报告。
There's a good report.
我觉得这相当公平。
I think it's pretty fair.
在我看来,这次明显是居高临下、摆架子,而且对主席不尊重。
I think in this instance, it was quite clearly at least to to in my in my opinion, it was quite clearly an instance of being condescending, of being patronizing, and of being disrespectful to the chairperson.
所以我觉得这个结果是公平的。
So I think the result is fair.
杰里·卡罗尔,人民高于先知。
Jerry Carroll, People Before a Prophet.
早上好,杰里。
Morning, Jerry.
早上好,斯蒂芬。
Morning, Stephen.
早上好。
Good morning.
请说吧,杰里。
Go ahead, Gerry.
你对这件事怎么看?
What do you think about this?
你会用这种语言对另一位省议员说吗?
Would you use that language to another MLA?
你说的是哪种语言,斯蒂芬?具体指什么?
What what language, Stephen, precisely?
告诉另一位省议员呼吸,或者告诉委员会主席呼吸?
Telling another MLA to breathe or a chair of a committee to breathe?
我的意思是
I mean
你会让人闭嘴吗?
Would you tell someone to shut up?
我不确定我有没有这么说过。
I I don't know if I have.
我的意思是,今天早上你对约翰·伯勒斯那样说过吗?
I mean had shamed it this morning to John Burroughs?
议场里有些名字。
Some names in the in the chamber.
显然,你在激烈地挑战,有些名字我确实会下意识地屏蔽掉。
Obviously, you're kind of challenging robustly and some names, I do kinda, you know, shut things out.
但我认为我没有说过‘闭嘴’,不过我知道,肯定有什么被记录下来了。
And but I I don't think I've said shut up, but, you know, I'm sure something happened to the record.
但我想说的是,史蒂文,我昨天在发言中已经提到,我认为蒂莫西·加斯顿和其他议员甚至部长们都有很多行为应该受到惩处,我提到了分裂言论以及一些与移民相关的言论等问题。
So but I I think the wider point, Steven, are that I mean, I stated yesterday in my comments that, you know, I think there was a lot of things that Timothy Garston and other MLAs and ministers even could be sanctioned for, and I referenced the kind of stuff on up of division and some of that being migrant rhetoric and and other issues.
但我觉得在这个具体案例中,惩罚与指控并不相称,显得有些过度了。
But I think in this particular case, I think the the punishment doesn't really fit the claim, and it seems to be a bit excessive.
而且,我想这背后还有一个更广泛的问题:这种做法为像我这样的人以及其他人树立了什么样的先例?当他们作为独立人士挑战行政部长、挑战委员会成员时,会得到怎样的回应?
And, I mean, obviously, I think there's a wider question about what kind of precedent does those set for parties, you know, like myself and and others, and then clear I clerical them as an independent When they challenge the executive ministers, when they challenge people on committees, you know, what is kind of the response?
如果他们不喜欢这些问题——而他们经常不喜欢蒂莫西提出的问题。
And if they don't like the questions, and quite often, they don't like the questions that Timothy asks.
但他们的回应是什么?
But what is the response?
而他的回应是,人们将被暂停并噤声。
And his response now, people will be suspended and shut down.
所以我认为这对其他议员以及公众都有更广泛的潜在影响,我认为议会、程序委员会和标准委员会在采取何种做法时需要谨慎。
So I think there are sort of potentially wetter implications for for other MLAs and for the public at large, and I think they need to be be careful in terms of what approach the the assembly and the the procedures committee and standards committee takes.
然后,埃默森,我们昨天在新闻发布会上听到吉姆·艾利斯特宣布,已经展开了一项警方调查。
And then you'd Emerson, we we had Jim Alister, announcing during a press conference yesterday, that there there is a a police inquiry.
请注意,他说的是‘警方调查’,而不是‘警方立案调查’,因为有人提出了投诉。
Now note the words police inquiry, not a police investigation because someone has complained.
据我所知,是吉米·布兰森提出的投诉。
Believe it was Jimmy Jimmy Branson complained.
对吧?
Right?
那么,到底有没有警方调查?
Well, is there I mean, is there a police inquiry?
直到今天宣布之前,没人知道这件事。
Nobody knew about this until this was announced.
这起投诉 apparently 是两年前提交的。
The complaint was apparently was put in two years ago.
我的意思是,我对这件事的背景并不了解。
I mean, I don't know the background to this.
我并没有和任何人专门谈过这件事,但我们可以这样看。
I haven't spoken to anyone in particular about it, but let's put it this way.
一般来说,PSNI 在收到投诉时,几乎从不会说:‘这纯属胡说八道,我们不予理会。’
In general, the PSNI is very rarely going to say on receiving a complaint, well, that's a load of nonsense, and we're going to ignore it.
他们必须走个过场,假装或声称已经归档并正在处理中。
They have to go through the motions of pretending or claiming that they filed it away, and it's all in process.
但显然,这件事根本没有任何进展,也不该有任何进展。
But clearly, nothing's nothing is going on with this nor should it.
风暴委员会的事不属于警方管辖范围。
The storming committees are not a police matter.
它们本就不该是警方的事。
They should not be a police matter.
有趣的是,不配合议会标准专员属于刑事犯罪,但就这些委员会而言,你应该把斯特蒙特视为一个私人俱乐部。
There is a criminal offence of not cooperating with the Assembly Standards Commissioner, interestingly, but as far as these committees are concerned, you should consider Stormont to be like a private members club.
这些是议会的成员。
These are members of the assembly.
这些委员会虽然有法律依据,但斯特蒙特议会本身决定如何运作以及制定规则。
These committees, although they have a legal basis, the Stormont assembly itself decides how to run, decides the rules.
它们本质上就像一个高尔夫俱乐部。
They're they're they're they're like a golf club, basically.
因为一点争执就叫警察来,这太荒谬了。
And to call in the police because you've had an argument over it is ridiculous.
我们曾见过关于杰米·布赖森和新芬党就NAMA委员会引发的案件,最终导致了一项起诉,但那显然失败了,因为这太荒唐了。
We saw that with the case that was brought over Jamie Bryson and Sinn Fein over the the the NAMA Committee that led to a prosecution that that, of course, collapsed because it was ludicrous.
如果确实是由布赖森先生提出这项投诉,而他又一次叫来了警察,这真是莫大的讽刺。
And, and there is a great irony if it is indeed mister Bryson who's made this complaint in him bringing the police in again.
他此前曾强烈批评(而且是完全有道理地)警察介入上一次事件。
He was very critical and rightly so of the police being involved last time.
好的。
Okay.
听好了。
Listen.
非常感谢。
Thank you very much indeed.
早上好。
Morning to you.
早上好,杰里,还有你,艾玛。
Morning to you, Jerry, and to you, Emma.
今天早上拨打的号码是0303080,5555。
0303080, 5555 is the number, to call this morning.
明白了。
Right.
接下来是NAMA。
Nama next.
经过四个月的审判和三天的审议,贝尔法斯特商人弗兰克·库希农被裁定无罪,指控其犯有欺诈罪。
After a four month trial, three days of deliberations, Belfast businessman Frank Cushionen has been found not guilty of fraud.
在贝尔法斯特王室法院昨日作出裁决后,公共检察署为其决定起诉84岁的库希纳汉先生进行了辩护。
Following yesterday's verdict at Belfast Crown Court, the public prosecution service defended its decision to prosecute 84 year old mister Cushnahan.
他被指控与其在国家资产管理机构(简称NAMA)担任顾问期间的行为有关,该机构于2009年房地产崩盘后成立。
He had been charged in relation to his role as an adviser to the National Asset Management Agency known as NAMA, which was set up in 2009 after the property crash.
他否认了2013年因未披露信息而构成欺诈的指控。
He denied a charge of fraud by failure to disclose information in 2013.
我们的记者马克·辛普森全程报道了此案,直至昨日结束。
Our correspondent, Mark Simpson, had covered the court case from start until it concluded yesterday.
早上好,马克。
Morning to you, Mark.
早上好,史蒂文。
Morning, Steven.
早上好。
Good morning.
那么现在情况如何?
So where's this at then?
嗯,这算是
Well, this was one of
贝尔法斯特历史上最长的陪审团审判之一。
the longest jury trials in the history of Belfast.
它始于九月。
It began in September.
结束于二月。
It ended in February.
昨天晚上,公共检察署(PPS)发布了一份长篇声明,为他们提起此案的决定进行辩护。
The PPS, the Public Prosecution Service, put out a lengthy statement last night defending their decision to take the case.
他们表示,所有决定都是独立且公正地做出的。
They said all decisions were taken in terms of being made independently and impartially.
不过,他们也表示尊重陪审团的裁决。
They did say, though, also that they respected the jury's decision.
陪审团的决定,他们的裁决是在昨天下午大约2:30作出的。
The jury's decision, their verdict came at around 02:30 yesterday afternoon.
这并非一致通过,但至少有12名陪审员中的10人同意。
It wasn't unanimous, but it was agreed by at least 10 of the 12 jurors.
还有,公诉机关在为他们最初决定提起公诉进行辩护。
And the the PPS, they're defending, their decision to prosecute in the first place.
他们已经承认并接受了这一裁决,显然,马克。
They've acknowledged and accepted the verdict, obviously, Mark.
是的。
Yeah.
公诉机关指出,法官本可以在审判中途终止此案,但她认为有足够的证据继续审理,并让陪审团根据证据的强度作出决定。
The PPS pointed out that the judge could have stopped this trial halfway through, but she felt there was enough evidence to keep going and let the jury decide on the strength of that evidence.
事情就是这样发生的。
That's what happened.
现在,辩护方的法律团队在去年12月申请驳回此案,但法官拒绝了这一申请。
Now the defense's legal team applied for the case to be thrown out effectively in December, but the judge rejected that application.
当时我们被禁止报道这件事,但现在可以了。
We weren't allowed to report that at the time, but we can now.
好的。
Okay.
马克,谢谢你。
Mark, thank you.
早上好。
Morning to you.
巴姆布里奇的彼得斯。
Peters in Bambridge.
早上好,彼得。
Morning, Peter.
你好。
Hello.
是的,史蒂文。
Yes, Steven.
你最近怎么样?
How are you doing?
早上好。
Good morning.
请说吧,先生。
Go ahead, sir.
每天都要安排节目。
Program every day.
能参与进来真好。
It's nice to get on.
他们能用我的声音说话,听到我的声音,但我听不到。
They can speak in my voice, hear my voice, I can't hear it.
没关系。
That's alright.
但不是那些话本身有什么意义。
But, no, it's not the words that means anything.
是语气的问题。
It's the tone.
你从未回放过。
You've never played it back.
但如果你要回放,保罗·格里芬关于分享权力的说法,那些话本身并不冒犯。
But if you had to play it back, what Paul Griffin said about sharing power, the words were not offensive.
但语气非常冒犯。
The tone was very offensive.
谁?
Who?
我正在和阿蒙斯分享权力。
I'm sharing power with Ammons.
就是我们,我。
That's us, me.
就是我们,我。
That's us, me.
对。
Right.
你现在说的是谁?
Who are you talking about now?
抱歉。
Sorry.
保罗·吉本。
Paul Gibbon.
你在圣诞节前采访过他。
You interviewed him away before Christmas.
之后就再也没有播出了。
It hasn't been on since.
你从未采访过他关于他花在出租车上的那笔巨款。
You never interviewed him about all that big money he spent on taxis.
不知为何,他之后再也没有上过节目,但我听到了自己的声音。
He never was on air since for some reason, but I hear my own voice there.
我不
I don't
知道为什么。
know why.
是的。
Yes.
那是因为你把收音机放在背景里。
That's because you've got the radio on the background.
我们稍后回来找你,彼得。
We'll come back to you, Peter.
乔治·班格。
George Mbanger.
早上好,乔治。
Morning, George.
早上好,史蒂文。
Morning, Steven.
你怎么样?
How are you?
请说吧,先生。
Go ahead, sir.
我只是在听这场关于制裁的非常非常好的辩论,你们必须把所有党派政治都排除在外。
Just I'm listening to this very, very good debate regarding the the the sanctions, and and you have to take all the party politics out of it.
而且你们得问问自己,这一切究竟从何而来?
And and you have to ask yourself, where where is this all coming from?
我的意思是,如果我在电话里对你发火,变得气喘吁吁,你对我说‘乔治,深呼吸一下’并不会冒犯到我。
I mean, if I start to get irate with you on the phone and and start getting myself all hyperventilated, It's it wouldn't be offensive for you to say, listen, George, take a breath.
深呼吸。
Take a breath.
慢一点。
Slow down.
让我好好听清楚你在说什么。
Let me hear properly what you're saying.
现在,我并不是说这话是那样说的,但当时气氛非常激烈。我想问的是,如果换成保罗·布拉德肖被这样对待,会不会被认为同样具有冒犯性?还是说,因为对方是女性,所以才显得居高临下?
Now, I'm not saying it was said that way, but it was a very And heated and the question I'd like to ask is, if that had it been Paul Bradshaw had it made that had it been been spoken to like that, would it have been as offensive or were talking down about because he was talking to a lady?
你怎么看?
What do you think?
我想说的是,今天早上伯罗斯被要求闭嘴。
Well, I I'm thinking that there's Burrows was told to shut up this morning.
那么,他会不会反过来采取行动,要求以同样的方式处理这件事?
So is he gonna turn around and and take an action and and ask for it to be to be dealt with as this in the same way?
我会被处以两天的处罚。
I'm gonna get a two day sanction.
人们是怎么回事?当你在电话里和人交谈时,有些人会过于激动,偏离主题,开始大喊大叫。
How do people get people get you have people on your phone who get overzealous when they're talking, and they go off track, they start ranting and raving.
你觉得帕特·希恩让伯罗斯闭嘴合适吗?
You think it was do you think it was appropriate for Pat Sheen to tell Burroughs to shut up?
我认为用‘闭嘴’这种语言是不合适的。
I I I don't I don't think it's appropriate to use that language to say shut up.
不,不是我这部分。
Not not not in a part of my.
议员们会坐下来安静吗?
Would the would the members sit down and be quiet?
不会。
No.
不会。
No.
他今天在《早安阿尔斯特》节目中说的。
He said it during Gamoo during Good Morning Ulster today.
是的。
Yes.
我知道。
I know.
但他不应该说这样的话。
But it's it's it's he shouldn't be saying things like that.
但我想说的是,深呼吸一下。
But what I'm saying is take a breath.
我的意思是,如果那是我,我认为布拉德肖在那场委员会辩论中完全应付不来。
If if I what I'm trying to say to you is if if that had it been I think I think Bradshaw was just out of her depths with that whole committee debate.
我不知道她本人、政党或其他人是否决定采取行动。
And I don't know whether she or the party or somebody has decided to take an action.
主持那次会议时,我认为并没有采取任何行动。
Charing that meeting, I don't think an action has been taken.
最后应该有人站出来说:等等。
There should count at the end of it and said, wait.
不该摆出一副大人物的姿态。
Shouldn't have said play big man.
谢谢你能站出来。
Thanks for coming forward.
事情解决了。
Matter resolved.
因为这件事被处以两天的处罚。
Two days sanction for that.
这事儿会到哪里才算完?
Where's it gonna end?
当然,决定给予两天处罚的并不是保拉·布拉德肖。
Well, it wasn't Paula Bradshaw, of course, who determined that there should be a two day sanction.
这件事被交给了一个独立的标准委员会,由该委员会自行作出决定。
The matter was handed to an independent standards committee who determined who did the independent standards committee decides for herself.
这正是关键所在。
That's the whole point.
所以保拉·布拉德肖并没有提出投诉?
So Paula Bradshaw didn't make a complaint?
我不知道是谁提出了投诉,但作出决定的是独立标准专员。
Well, I don't know who made a complaint, but the determination the determination was made by the independent standards commissioner.
这才是重点。
That's the point.
我的理解是,要做出决定,必须先有投诉。
My understanding is for determination to be made, there has to be a complaint.
你不能毫无理由地做出决定。
You can't just make a determination for no reason.
必须有人提出投诉。
Somebody has to make a complaint.
你可以辩称,这次投诉至少是有依据的,因为专员发现确实违反了行为准则。
Well, you could argue that the complaint was was at least warranted because the commissioner found that there had been a breach of the code.
这一点说错了。
Lost point.
如果当时发了邮件,会不会构成违反行为准则?
If there had been a mail, would there have been a breach of the code?
如果你当时在和我交谈,会不会构成违反行为准则?
If you'd have been speaking to me, would there have been a breach of the code?
太过敏感了。
Very, very oversensitive.
好的。
Okay.
乔治,非常感谢。
George, thank you very much.
很抱歉信号中断了。
We're sorry about the the signal breaking up.
我们的其中一条电话线路出了问题,我们会尽力修复。
We've got a problem on one of our phone lines, so we'll we'll try to fix that.
吉姆和阿马格。
Jim and Armagh.
早上好,吉姆。
Morning, Jim.
早上好,史蒂文。
Good morning, Steven.
你怎么样
How are
你怎么样?
you doing?
请说吧,先生。
Go ahead, sir.
乔,我想说一下。
Joe, would just say this.
我想强调一点,当我们讨论这个问题时,言论以及我们能说什么、不能说什么,正是我们民主的核心。
I would just make this point that that while we're talking about this, and it is an interesting conversation because speech and what we can and cannot say is at the heart of our democracy.
因此,这是一个相关且重要的辩论。
So it is a pertinent, relevant debate.
但还有很多其他问题需要讨论,对吧?
But there are lots of other issues to get on and talk about, aren't they?
确实有。
There is.
这是对的。
It's it's right.
有很多事情值得讨论。
There's plenty of things to be talking about.
我真的不在乎这些人是否彼此友好。
I I really don't care if these guys are nice to each other or not.
我不在乎,因为我开的车已经跑了6万公里,而它的悬挂系统本应适用于12万公里的车,因为我一直在糟糕的道路上行驶。
I don't care because I'm driving about my car with 60,000 miles out as a suspension of a car of a 120,000 miles because I'm driving on rubbish roads.
太糟糕了。
Rubbish.
我每天开车60英里,走的都是烂路,却没看到有一个人出来修补坑洞。
And I have driven 60 miles a day over rubbish roads, and I haven't seen one person out fixing a hole.
一个都没有。
Not one.
这才是他的问题,史蒂文。
And that's his problem, Steven.
但他们却很乐意伸手要道路税。
But they are perfectly willing to stick out their paw for the road tax.
他们很乐意从你身上榨取每一分税款,包括所得税。
They're happy enough to take every bit of tax off you can get, pay income tax.
如果你去申请汽车赔偿,他们会想尽一切办法阻止你获得赔偿。
If you go to get a claim for your car, they'll do everything they can to stop you from getting it.
我看不出有任何改善的迹象。
I don't see anything happening.
我昨天跟一个道路承包商聊了聊。
What I the way I I was talking to a roads contractor yesterday.
他直截了当地告诉我。
He told me out straight.
他说,要把北爱尔兰的道路恢复到十年前的水平,需要十年时间。
He says it'll take ten years, he says, to put the roads in Northern Ireland into the same shape as the war ten years ago.
情况糟糕到这种地步。
That's how bad it is.
我们生活在一个第三世界国家。
And we are living in a third world country.
这个地方的问题很可能出在道路和市场上。
This place was It's probably about the roads and market issue.
这些才是影响人们生活的关键问题,史蒂文。
And that's the things that affect people, Steven.
人们走路时,没法把车停在身边,因为路上到处都是坑洼,根本没人在乎。
As people are going to walk, they can't keep the car and can't keep the car on them because they're they're it's been racked on the roads, there's nobody gives a damn.
他们坐在上面,说这个人告诉我什么,那个人又告诉我什么。
And they're sitting up there, oh, he said this to me, and she said that to me.
我才不在乎呢。
I don't care.
把他们全部停职,赶去修路,先把道路修好。
Suspend the whole lot of them and put them out on the road and get their roads fixed.
这才是他们应该做的。
That's what they should be doing.
我拿把长柄铲去把路上的一个坑填上,因为这才是老百姓真正关心的事。
I put a long tail shovel and get a hole fixed somewhere because that's the thing that matters to people.
他们正从口袋里往外掏钱。
They're spotting money out of their pockets.
我为一个人开车。
I'm driving for a man.
他连我开的这辆卡车的扩展都维持不了。
He can't even keep the expansion on this lorry that I'm driving in.
这已经是一笔巨额财富了。
It's already a clean fortune.
试图修路。
Trying to fix the roads.
弹簧断裂、轮胎爆裂、道路破损。
It's broken springs, bursted tires, broken alleys.
没人关心。
Nobody gives it on.
我才不在乎他们是不是卖好吃的披萨。
I don't care about I don't care if they're nice pizza.
我根本不关心。
I don't really care.
我希望他们下车去做点什么。
I want them to get out and do something.
否则我就不再交道路税了。
And give me my or else or else I'm not giving them no more road tax.
给我退款。
Give me a refund.
我要去买一艘气垫船之类的东西。
I'll go on I'll I'll I'll I'll I'll buy a hovercraft or something.
真是丢人至极。
So absolute disgrace.
今天早上有人在讨论伤感情和伤人的话。
There's a stupid conversation this morning about hurt feelings and hurting words.
没人关心那些。
Nobody cares about that.
人们正在这个国家努力谋生。
People are trying to make a living in this country.
我正努力往前走。
I'm trying to get on.
我努力让他们家里保持温暖,但他们做不到。
I'm trying to keep heat in their house, and they can't do it.
他们做不到,因为他们无法上路去上班,接下来他们可能三四个人挤在一起,路上坑洼不平,道路破损。
Can't do it because they can't get down the road to work because the next thing they're sitting three or four of them maybe in a line with busted waves and busted alleys.
是的。
Yeah.
这正好和罗森和莎拉的情况相反。
That was exactly the case opposite Rosen and Sarah.
周六晚上没人。
Nobody on Saturday night.
你得亲眼看看。
You need to see it.
没人关心,史蒂文。
Nobody cares, Steven.
没人关心他们是不是好人。
Nobody cares if they're nice people or not.
继续做生意吧,或者就别再纠缠这些内容了。
Get on with the business or run on this content.
别再给人们添麻烦了。
Get off the people's backs.
哦,我的领子掉了。
Oh, my collar's away.
嗯,他今天早上说这些话时确实是发自内心的。
Well, he said it, very much from his heart there this morning.
你告诉我你的想法。
You let me know what you think.
今天早上打电话的号码是03030805555。
03030805555 is the number to call this morning.
这是BBC的诺兰节目,现在马上播出上午10点的新闻。
It's a Nolan show from the BBC, and the 10:00 news is coming up right now.
大家早上好。
Good morning, everyone.
感谢大家今天参与。
Thank you for joining us today.
我们几个月来一直在讨论的关于接送特殊需求儿童上学的费用问题,教育部门未来仍将至少花费3900万英镑,用于明年特殊需求儿童的校车交通费用。
This story that we've been talking about for months now about how much it's costing, to transport children with special needs to school, the education authority will still spend at least £39,000,000 going forward, and it's at least that over the next year on taxi fares for school transport for children with special needs.
所以有些人看到标题说,通过自愿减价,出租车运营商节省了900美元,他们节省了900美元——你们还记得吧,去年12月他们给所有这些运营商写信,要求将费率降低10%。我们来算一下:如果他们原本花费4000万英镑,要求减少10%,那就是400万英镑,但他们并没有实现这个数额。
So some people are reading the headline they're saving $900 in voluntary reductions from taxi operators, they're saving $900, they wrote to all of these operators in December if you remember, asking them to reduce their rates by 10%, well work out the maths, If they were spending 40,000,000 and they said, we're going to make you take a 10% cut, 10% to 40,000,000 is 4,000,000, and they haven't got that.
显然,有些运营商拒绝了这10%的降价要求。
So obviously, some of these operators have refused to take the 10% cut.
显然,有少数——也许是几个——我们不知道具体有多少运营商已经退回了这90万英镑。
Obviously there have been what a couple or a handful, we don't know how many operators have handed back this £900,000.
我其实听到一点风声,说有一家运营商单独退回了50万英镑,这样一来,其他人还能剩多少空间呢?
I actually heard a wee whisper that one operator had handed half 1,000,000 back alone, doesn't really leave much room for others does it?
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。