本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
Anthropic 与五角大楼的对决已到达终点。
Anthropic showdown with the Pentagon reaches an endpoint.
我们深入探讨这意味什么。
We dig into what it means.
Block 正在裁员一半员工,而杰克·多西则告诉所有人,AI 也可能威胁到他们的工作。
Block is laying off half the company as Jack Dorsey tells everyone AI might be coming for their jobs too.
OpenAI 终于完成了 1100 亿美元的融资,我们又迎来了一次 AI 科幻概念的抛售潮。
OpenAI finally raises its $110,000,000,000 fundraising round, and we have yet another AI science fiction sell off.
这将在本周末的大型科技播客节目中播出,就在本节目之后。
That's coming up on a big technology podcast Friday edition right after this.
这里是迈克尔·刘易斯。
Michael Lewis here.
我的畅销书《大空头》讲述了 2008 年美国房地产市场泡沫形成与破裂的故事。
My best selling book, The Big Short, tells the story of the buildup and birth of The US housing market back in 2008.
十年前,《大空头》被拍成了获得奥斯卡奖的电影,现在我首次将它以有声书形式呈现,由我亲自朗读。
A decade ago, The Big Short was made into an Academy Award winning movie, and now I'm bringing it to you for the first time as an audiobook narrated yours truly.
《大空头》的故事,关于押注市场反向走势的意义,以及谁真正为失控的金融体系买单,如今依然和以往一样具有现实意义。
The Big Short story, what it means to bet against the market, and who really pays for an unchecked financial system is as relevant today as it's ever been.
现在请前往 pushkin.fm/audiobooks 或任何有声书销售平台获取《大空头》。
Get The Big Short now at pushkin.fm/audiobooks or wherever audiobooks are sold.
欢迎收听《大科技》播客周五特辑,我们将以一贯冷静而细致的方式解析最新动态。
Welcome to Big Technology podcast Friday edition where we break down the news in our traditional cool headed and nuanced format.
今天为大家准备了一场精彩的节目。
We have a great show for you today.
我们将深入剖析 Anthropic 与五角大楼之间发生的一切,探讨这对该公司乃至未来战争与国防可能意味着什么。
We're gonna break down everything that's happening between Anthropic and the Pentagon and discuss what it means for the company and maybe the future of war and defense.
我们还会谈谈 Block 公司的大规模裁员。
We'll also talk about the big layoffs at Block.
公司一半的员工似乎都即将离开。
Half the company seems like it's on the way out the door.
我们将讨论 OpenAI 终于完成了 1100 亿美元的融资轮。
We'll talk about OpenAI finally raising the $110,000,000,000 round.
这一轮融资可能会变得更大。
Might that round might grow even larger.
当然,还有西特里尼的抛售。
And, of course, the Citrini sell off.
和往常一样,我们邀请了来自Margins的兰詹·罗伊,他刚从欧洲回来,准备开播。
We're joined as always by Ranjan Roy of Margins who's back from Europe and ready to podcast.
来吧,兰詹,我们开始播客吧。
Let's podcast Ranjan.
由AI科幻驱动的抛售让我无法抗拒,所以我必须回来讨论这个。
AI science fiction driven sell off is catnip for me, so have to come back for that.
我们很喜欢,而且这周AI新闻这么多,这个居然只排第四重要。
We love it, and it's been such a big week of AI news that that's the fourth most important story somehow.
西特里尼,这个是什么时候发布的?
Trini this when did it get published again?
好像是
It was like
就是这周。
It was this week.
我的天。
My god.
我的天。
My god.
每一周都感觉像一个月。
Every week is a month, it feels like.
好吧。
Alright.
我们来谈谈这个大新闻。
Let's get into the big story.
这是我非常期待和你讨论的话题。
This is one I've been really looking forward to speaking with you about.
我们还没在节目中聊过这个,但今天是星期五,这意味着五角大楼和Anthropic之间的截止日期到了——Anthropic必须回应五角大楼的要求,即允许其技术用于自主武器系统,并开展国内监控。
We haven't talked about it on the show yet, but, today is Friday and that means it is the deadline between the Pentagon and Anthropic, the deadline for Anthropic to accede to the Pentagon's requests that Anthropic both, give it the option to use its technology for autonomous weapons and conduct domestic surveillance.
所以,这可以说是这样——让我先说明一下,当然Anthropic的截止日是周五,但Anthropic在周四就已经拒绝了这一要求,我们接下来会讨论这会带来什么后果,但我认为先理清Anthropic和五角大楼之间发生了什么,或许能提供一些背景信息。
So this is sort of, let me just take and of course Anthropic is Friday, but Anthropic has already said no to that on Thursday and we're gonna get into what the repercussions are, but I think it might be helpful to actually talk through what's happening between Anthropic and the Pentagon and maybe give some context here.
给我讲讲具体情况。
Walk me through it.
给我们所有人都讲讲具体情况。
Walk us all through it.
你可能还记得,美国在一次突袭中俘获了委内瑞拉领导人尼古拉斯·马杜罗,而美国在这次行动中没有损失任何军事人员,实际上完成得非常出色。
So you may recall that The United States captured the leader of Venezuela Nicolas Maduro in a raid that The United States didn't lose any military servicemen, and actually seems like it pulled off, in a in a remarkable way.
现在看来,Anthropic的技术可能参与了这次行动。
Now, it turns out that anthropics technology might have been involved there.
这是来自《华尔街日报》一段时间前的报道。
This is from the Wall Street journals a a little while ago.
Anthropic的人工智能工具Claude被用于美军抓捕前委内瑞拉总统尼古拉斯·马杜罗的行动中。
Anthropix artificial intelligence tool, Claude, was used in The US military operation to capture former Venezuelan president Nicolas Maduro.
Claude的部署是通过Anthropic与数据公司Palantir的合作实现的,而Palantir的工具通常被国防部和联邦执法机构使用。
The deployment of Claude occurred through Anthropix partnership with data company Palantir whose tools are commonly used by the defense department and federal law enforcement.
突袭之后,Anthropic 的一名员工向 Palantir 的同事询问 Claude 是如何在此次行动中使用的。
Following the raid, an employee at Anthropic asked a counterpoint at Palantir how Claude was used in the operation.
所以,你知道,这看起来就像是 Anthropic 自己在泄露消息,说它正与 Palantir 合作协助抓捕马杜罗。
So, you know, it did seem like this was just Anthropic, you know, kind of leaking this news that it was working with Palantir to help capture Maduro.
如果你想展示你工具的能力,这真是绝佳的营销手段。
It's great marketing if you want to show the capabilities of your tool.
但事实上,Anthropic 对 Palantir 如何使用其技术参与此次突袭几乎一无所知,甚至不得不向 Palantir 的员工询问此事——这正是科技公司走向国防部或战争部门,询问‘我的技术被如何使用’的开端。
But in fact, Anthropic really didn't have much idea of what was going on within Palantir as far as its technology being used for the raid and it even had to ask a Palantir employee, about it and that's where these conversations of like the tech company going to the defense department or the department of war now and saying, how's my technology being used?
这一切就是这么开始的。
This is how it all began.
是的。
Yeah.
我认为,尤其是从它被如何使用来看,这名员工提到,是 Palantir 在 Claude 之上进行了层层叠加,而 Claude 主要帮助整合了卫星图像和情报画面中的不同部分。
I think, especially in terms of how it was being used, again, the employee, saying it was Palantir layered on top of Claude and that basically Claude has been helpful for synthesizing satellite imagery in different aspects of the Intel picture.
这里最让我感到突出的是,Anthropic 在这件事中究竟该承担怎样的责任?
The thing that just kinda jumps out to me here is, like, yeah, how what kind of responsibility should Anthropic have in here?
这可能会让你有点惊讶,但我不会说我是完全站在国防部或哈格·塞思这一边的。
And this might surprise you a bit, but I'm not gonna say I'm, like, full department of war, Hag Seth, on this one.
但这些能力确实嵌入在Anthropic的模型中。
But, I mean, the capabilities are embedded in Anthropic's model.
那么,他们究竟对模型的使用方式有多少控制权呢?最终这属于计算机视觉,实际上是在图像基础上进行分析。
And, like, what, you know, like, what kind of control they actually have over how it's getting used, it's computer vision in the end in this case, and it's kind of like doing the analysis in the sites on top of it.
所以,我不确定。
So so I don't know.
我一直很难弄清楚自己在这个问题上的立场。
I I'm I'm I've been having a tough time trying to figure out where I land on this.
那你在这个问题上的立场是什么呢?
Where where are you landing on this?
首先,我讲这个故事是为了引出一个观点:我其实并不确定Anthropic和五角大楼之间是否存在真正的关联。
Well, first of all, this is sort of I'm I'm telling I'm telling the story here to discuss to basically set up this idea that I'm not really sure if there's a there there between anthropic and the Pentagon.
这正是我想说的,好的。
That's what I'm Okay.
好的。
Okay.
我认为可能存在很多姿态和定位,现在或许有人会说,这些假设很重要,我们会深入探讨这一点。
I think there might be a lot of posturing and positioning, and now there might be an argument that these hypotheticals matter, and we'll get into that.
但这件事最初起源于一个非常微小的细节——顺便说一下,这是来自 Axios 编辑戴夫·劳勒的回应,他回应了我关于 Anthropic 对委内瑞拉做了什么的推文。
But this was this initially started on something so minor it was and by the way this is from, Dave Lawler who's an Axios editor who responded to my tweet about what did, Anthropic do with Venezuela.
我们不知道,他们也不知道。于是他说,是的,过去 Claude 可能曾帮助过综合卫星图像和情报画面的其他方面。
We don't know and they didn't know either And so what he said is, yeah, it might have in the past Claude has been helpful for synthesizing satellite imagery and different aspects of the intel picture.
我们不知道这项技术是否被用于委内瑞拉的大规模国内监控或自主武器。
We don't know that the technology was being used either for mass domestic surveillance or autonomous weapons in Venezuela.
这一切最初只是因为 Anthropic 询问其技术如何被五角大楼使用。
This all this whole thing began simply with Anthropic inquiring how his technology was being used, by the Pentagon.
那时,Anthropic 的首席执行官达里奥·阿莫迪前往了华盛顿。
That's when Dario Amode, the CEO of Anthropic, makes his way down to DC.
而且,我认为这并非基于真实场景的分歧,因为《华盛顿邮报》和 Semaphore 都报道了接下来讨论的内容。
And, again, I don't think this was, this was a disagreement that happened based off of real world pictures because the Washington Post and Semaphore have both reported on what happened with the discussion next.
所以这是来自《华盛顿邮报》的。
So this is from the Washington Post.
一位国防官员表示,上个月在一次会议上,五角大楼的技术主管将这场争论聚焦于一个关乎生死的核武场景。
A defense official said the Pentagon's technology chief whittled the debate down to a life and death nuclear scenario at a meeting last month.
如果一枚洲际弹道导弹向美国发射,军方能否使用Anthropic的Claude人工智能系统来协助拦截?
If an intercontinental ballistic missile was launched at The United States, could the military use Anthropic's Claude AI system to help shoot it down?
在那种技术能力和速度对探测和反击至关重要的情况下,Anthropic首席执行官达里奥·阿莫德兹的回答让五角大楼感到不满,据这位官员描述,CEO的回应是:‘你们可以给我们打电话,我们会解决的。’
If the kind of situation where techno where the technological might and speed could be critical to detection and counter strike, Anthropic chief Dario Amadez answer rankled the Pentagon according to the official who characterized the CEO's reply as you could call us and we'd work it out.
所以,五角大楼版本的说法是,这些对话可能最初是从Palantir这件事开始的。
So basically the Pentagon's version of events is, you know, maybe maybe these these conversations began around this Palantir thing.
他们开始一起讨论Anthropic的技术如何应用,五角大楼的一方提出了这个核武场景,暗示可能需要快速使用你们的技术,而达里奥给出了他最典型的回答:‘是的,你们打个电话,我们会处理的,对吧?’
They start having these conversations together, about how Anthropics technology can be used and somebody from the Pentagon presents this like nuclear scenario to, Dario basically saying we might need your technology to be used quickly and Dario gives the most Dario answer ever, yeah call us and we'll we'll let you know, right?
你完全可以想象他会这么说。
You could totally see him saying this.
现在,这是来自《邮报》的Anthropic方的说法,一位发言人否认阿莫德兹说过那样的话,称这种说法纯属虚假,并表示公司已同意允许Claude用于导弹防御。
Now this is from the post an anthropic person, spokesperson denied Amo Day gave that response calling the account patently false and saying the company has agreed to allow claud has agreed to allow claud to be used for missile defense.
所以,这是我的理解。
So, here's my read.
我不认为五角大楼去找Anthropic,说我们需要你们的技术用于自主武器和对美国民众的大规模监控。
I don't think the Pentagon went to anthropic and said we need your technology for autonomous weapon use and mass surveillance of Americans.
我只是觉得,关于这些假设性问题的分歧变得失控了,导致了文化冲突。
I simply think that the disagreements about hypotheticals gay became so out of control where there was a culture clash.
我是说,这里的文化冲突。
I mean, about the culture clash here.
这是Anthropic的CEO Dario Amodey,我们知道他的行事风格,而另一端是Emile Michael。
It's Dario Amodey, CEO of Anthropic, we know how he acts, and Emile Michael, who's on the other end.
顺便说一下,他们两人都上过这个节目。
By the way, both of them have been on the show.
我的意思是,我很享受与这两个人的对话。
I like I mean, I've enjoyed speaking with both of these people.
而Emile基本上表示,他是国防部研究与工程副部长,他说Dario最想做的就是亲自掌控美国军队,甚至愿意拿我们国家的安全冒险。
And Emile has basically said that, know, who's Emile is the Under Secretary of War for Research and Engineering at the Department of War, he says that Dario wants nothing more than to try personally, that to personally control the US military and is okay putting our nation's safety at risk.
现在我把它交给你。
Now I'm just gonna turn it to you.
我是这么看的。
This is kind of how I look at it.
这纯粹是文化冲突。
It's simply conflicting culture.
并不是对当前将使用的具体技术存在分歧。
It's not a specific disagreement over technology that will be used in the moment.
好的。
Okay.
抱歉。
Sorry.
我甚至没意识到这是优步的埃米尔·迈克尔。
I didn't even realize this is Emile Michael of Uber fame.
对吧?
Right?
对。
Correct.
就像2010年代中期那种非常激进、张扬的个性,那种不惜一切代价扩张、无视出租车工会的科技代表形象。
Like, the '20 the mid twenty tens kind of, like, very aggressive brash personality that kind of, like like the the face of tech spreading at all costs, screw the taxi unions, all the okay.
好的。
Okay.
看,那是一顿饭。
See That's a meal.
是的。
Yeah.
所以他是谁?
So I Who's he
他是个非常有趣的人。
happens to be a very interesting guy.
我和他交谈过,感觉很愉快,但不好意思。
I've enjoyed speaking with him, but sorry.
说吧。
Go ahead.
不。
No.
不。
No.
不。
No.
那就是我同意的地方。
That that's what so I do agree.
当谈到自主武器杀害平民这个话题时,很少有人真正认为存在这个问题,这就像你所说的,是一种文化冲突。
And and it's rare that when the topic of, like, autonomous weapons killing civilians, I would say there is not a there there, and it's just kind of like a, as you said, culture clash.
我同意。
I agree.
这确实就是我的感觉。
That's really what it feels like.
我认为,当我阅读所有关于这件事的报道时,我一直在想的一点是,这种情况实在太罕见了。
I think the other thing I keep thinking about as I'm reading through all of the stories coming out on this one is it's so rare.
过去,当你听到某种模糊的国防部技术、战争模拟或其他类似的东西时,作为普通人,你根本无法想象那会是什么样子。
In the past, when you would hear about some kind of, like, you know, like, nebulous defense department technology, war games, whatever else, as an individual, you would have no real concept of what that might look like.
对我来说,最有趣的一点是我们都在使用Claude。
To me, one of the most fascinating parts is we all use Claude.
我们都了解人工智能是如何工作的。
We all, like, understand how AI works.
所以,实际上,我在思考,我不知道该怎么说。
So, like, actually, like, thinking through I don't know.
我一直在想,那问题到底是什么?
I kept thinking, like, what's the the query?
分析又是什么?
What's the analysis?
它就像是,Claude,我该怎么捕捉Madora?
What's it's like, Claude, how do I capture Madora?
这里有大约十份文件。
Here's here's, like, 10 documents.
给我一个策略。
Give me a strategy.
我不太确定。
Like, I I don't know.
我一直在想,这到底会是什么样子?
I I I keep trying to think through, like, what does it actually look like?
我不知道。
I don't know.
是的。
Like yeah.
我的看法是,我们并不完全清楚,但我相信Palantir在马杜罗这件事上承担了主要工作,然后可能有人用自然语言来整合一些信息。
I mean, my belief here, and we don't know exactly, my belief here is that Palantir did the heavy lifting on Maduro, and then maybe someone was using natural language to synthesize some information there.
我的意思是,X平台上关于这个的笑话简直太精彩了。
I mean, the jokes have been amazing on X.
对吧?
Right?
就像是,你告诉Claude,Claude抓住了马杜罗,别搞错,然后它就去执行了。
It's like, you tell Claude know, Claude Claude's capture Maduro, make make no mistakes, and it just goes out and does it.
我们还没到那一步。
Like, we're not at that point yet.
上周我们和亚伦·列维开玩笑说,人们都说没错,Claude已经被用于战争,还负责了米多罗的事,大家都觉得:当然了。
And we even joked last week with Aaron Levy that, like, the fact that people were like, yeah, Claude has been used for warfare and, you know, was responsible for of Mindoro and everyone's like, yeah, of course they are.
没人提出任何问题,这在某种程度上证明了这家公司的能力。
Not asking any questions, has kind of been like a test a testament in fact to the company's capabilities.
但我认为它在这次具体行动中的参与被严重夸大了。
But I think its involvement in this specific, operation has been blown completely out of proportion.
这只是在这里揣测、揣摩言外之意。
Just just speculation reading between the lines here.
但另一方的观点是,这些假设确实很重要。
But it but the other side of the argument is that, well, these hypotheticals do matter.
而且你需要一家国防承包商,因为Anthropic与国防部合作,是一家不会推脱、随时准备在你需要时完成任务的承包商。
And you wanna have a defense contractor because Anthropic working with the Department of War is a defense contractor that won't say that will basically be ready to, you know, to do what you need them to do when you need them to do it.
这是来自五角大楼首席发言人萨姆·帕内尔的说法。
And this is from, Sam Parnell, the Pentagon's chief spokesperson.
他说,国防部无意进行大规模国内监控或部署自主武器,但希望将人工智能用于所有合法用途。
He said the department had no interest in conducting mass domestic surveillance or autonomous or deploying autonomous weapons, but wanted to use AI for all lawful purposes.
他说,这是一个简单而合乎常理的要求,可以防止Anthropic危及关键的军事行动,甚至可能将我们的士兵置于危险之中。
This is a simple common sense request, he says, that will prevent Anthropic from jeopardizing critical military operations and potentially putting our war fighters at risk.
再说一遍,这其实只是回到一个事实:目前显然没有任何实际部署。
Again, this just kinda goes back to, like, you know, this is obviously not anything in theater right now.
然而,是的,这个问题依然存在:你是否希望让国防部认为,你可能在战争关键时刻表示,我们还没准备好走到那一步?
However, yeah, the question stands, do you want to even make the Pentagon think that you might say, you know, in a moment of war, we don't we're not ready to go to go that far?
我不知道。
I don't know
你的看法是什么?
what's your perspective.
我来给你提出一个假设情景。
I'm gonna I'm gonna present to you a hypothetical here.
亚历克斯,如果你是一家拥有强大基础模型的大型人工智能研究实验室的首席执行官,你会允许你的技术被用于自主战争吗?
Alex, if you are the CEO of a massive AI research lab that has some powerful foundation models, do you allow your technology to be used for autonomous warfare?
因为是的。
Because yeah.
你会吗?
Do you?
我不这么认为。
I don't think so.
我不这么认为。
I don't think so.
但我告诉你一件事。
But I'll tell you what.
我告诉你我会做什么。
I'll tell you what I will do.
我先要说明的是,我认为达里奥和Anthropic公司都有真正的价值观,而且他们基本上一直坚持这些价值观,我对此表示赞赏。
I'm gonna preface this by saying I think that Dario has real values and Anthropic has real values, and they've they've, you know, mostly stuck with them, and I give them credit for doing that.
然而,假设我遇到这样一个时刻:五角大楼说,我们希望将你们的所有技术用于所有合法用途。
However, if I have this moment where the Pentagon is let's just say this.
我遇到这样一个时刻:五角大楼说,我们想把你们的所有技术用于所有合法用途,而我说,好吧,只要别用它来搞自主战争或大规模监控就行。
I have this moment where the Pentagon is saying we want to use it for all your technology for all lawful purposes, And I say, oh, alright, just, you know, don't use it for autonomous warfare or mass surveillance.
他们却说:就在这份‘所有合法用途’的协议上签字吧,就签这儿,签这儿。
And they're like, just sign the all lawful, you know, degree here, degree here.
我们不希望有任何附加条件。
We don't want any caveats.
这样对我们来说会简单得多。
It'll just make it easier for us.
我可能会把这件事夸大其词。
I might be tempted to blow that out of proportion.
我可能会忍不住
I might be tempted
从市场营销的角度来看,也许吧。
to From a marketing standpoint perhaps.
发布一篇博客文章,说:绝对不行。
Release a blog post and say, no freaking way.
我永远不会和五角大楼在这些事情上合作。
I'll never work with the Pentagon on these things.
结果,周四晚上,达里奥·阿莫达发布了关于我们与战争部讨论的声明。
Lo and behold, Thursday night, statement from Dario Amoday on our discussions with the Department of War.
达里奥说,我特别喜欢达里奥的写作风格。
Dario said, and this is I love the way that Dario writes.
我觉得他是个出色的沟通者。
I think he's a great communicator.
他写道:我深信,利用人工智能来保卫美国及其他民主国家、击败我们的专制对手,具有根本性的意义。
He says, I believe deeply in the existential importance of using AI to defend The United States and other democracies and to defeat our autocratic adversaries.
因此,Anthropic 积极部署我们的模型至战争部和情报界,成为首家将模型部署在美国政府机密网络上的前沿AI公司,首家在国家实验室部署模型的公司,也是首家为国家安全客户提供定制模型的公司。
Anthropic has therefore worked proactively to deploy our models to the Department of War and Intelligence Community where we were the first frontier AI company to deploy our models in the US government's classified networks, the first to deploy them at the national laboratories, and the first to provide custom models for national security customers.
他说,在少数特定应用场景中,我们相信人工智能可能会削弱而非捍卫民主价值观。
He says, in a narrow set of use cases, we believe AI can undermine rather than defend democratic values.
一个是大规模国内监控,另一个是完全自主的武器系统。
One is mass domestic surveillance, the other is fully autonomous weapons.
然而,据我们所知,正如达里奥所言,这两项例外并未阻碍我们的模型在武装部队中加速部署和应用。
Now again, to our knowledge, these two exceptions, Dario writes, have not been a barrier to accelerating the adoption and the use of our models within our armed forces to dates.
无论如何,他表示,我们不会改变立场,我们无法在良知上同意五角大楼的要求。
Regardless, he says, we are not gonna change our position, we cannot in good conscience accede to the Pentagon's request.
我不想把这件事简化为公关姿态,但为了论证方便,我就这么说了。
It's I don't wanna reduce this to public positioning, but I'm going to just for this for sake of argument.
这几乎像是,即使五角大楼的要求是合理的,他们也并不真正需要我们同意这些条件。
It's almost as if even if the Pentagon's request was reasonable, they didn't need them to agree necessarily to these demands.
没错。
Exactly.
Anthropic 就这么直接推进了。
Anthropic just ran with it.
现在他们要塑造自己为——你知道的,再次强调,强化这一品牌形象:一家有道德的公司,一家为你服务的公司,一家拥有价值观的公司。
And now they're gonna position themselves as, you know, again, once again, hammer home that branding, the ethical company, the company that works for you, the company that has values.
这家公司不是不惜一切代价追求增长的,而且,谁知道呢?
The company is not growth at all costs, and, you know, who knows?
因为这可能会带来一些后果,我们会谈到这些后果,但我认为,对于Anthropic来说,不可能有更好的处境了,他们刚刚被 handed 了这样一个局面。
Because there are some consequences that that could happen, and we'll talk about them, but I don't think it could have been a better situation for Anthropic than the one that they were just handed.
我觉得我们待在一起太久了,因为我总是用营销和传播的视角来看待一切,这似乎正在影响我。我得承认,当这一切发生时,我脑子里第一个冒出来的想法就是如此。
I think we've been hanging out too much because my my affliction of looking at everything through a marketing and communications lens seems Because to be rubbing I'll admit, as this is all happening, that's the first thought that's going through my head.
我心想,天哪。
And I'm like, oh my god.
从Anthropic的角度来看,这简直是绝佳的素材。
This is gold from a standpoint of anthropic.
我们是好人。
We're the good guys.
我们真的是吗?
Do we?
所以,你不支持大规模监控吗?
So, like, do you not support mass surveillance?
你不支持全自动武器可能杀死平民吗?
Do you not support fully autonomous weapons potentially killing civilians?
但好吧,算了。
But but it okay.
我们把这两者分开来说。
Let's separate those two out.
大规模监控,不好。
Mass surveillance, bad.
全自动武器,我不确定这是否是战争发展的方向,但我觉得这终究会成为中国或其他国家研发的一部分。
Fully autonomous weapons, I don't if that's the direction that warfare is going, I feel like that's just gonna be part of whatever China or other countries are developing anyway.
所以,不管听起来有多糟糕,除非有某种全球性的协议真正禁止全自动武器,否则这终将变成一种标准化的现状。
So it's just gonna be kind of as awful as it may sound, it's going to kind of be standardized unless there's some kind of, like, global agreement to actually ban autonomous weapons.
但同样,作为一名从事自主AI工作的人,对我来说更有趣的是,任何自主代理的假设都在于它们可以被控制。
But, again, as someone who works in agentic AI, the more fascinating part of this to me is, like, having autonomous agents in anything, the assumption is that they can be controlled.
我认为Anthropic如此极力强调这一点,其实有点奇怪。
And this is where I think this is actually kind of weird for Anthropic to be pushing this hard to say.
如果你至少在暗示或表明存在一种它们无法被控制的世界,那么在我日常的企业AI工作流程中,使用自主代理时,我真能依赖它们吗?
If you are actually kind of, like, at least hinting or implying that there is this world where they're not being controlled, and and then then even in my day to day enterprise AI workflows with autonomous agents, can I actually rely on them?
这种自主工作完成、代理四处执行各种任务的承诺,实际上与自主武器的问题息息相关。
Like, this whole promise of autonomous work being done and agents running around doing all different types of work, it does tie to the autonomous weapons thing.
必须至少存在这样一种观念,即它们是可以被控制的。
There has to be, like, at least this idea being pushed that they can be controlled.
Dario竟然说它们其实无法被控制,这让我觉得很奇怪。
And it's weird to me that Dario is kind of saying, actually, they can't.
对不起。
I'm sorry.
比如,Claude Code运行一个命令,结果在你的网站上出错,你需要去修复它,这和它可能参与军事行动、导致人员死亡,这两者之间难道没有区别吗?
Like, isn't there a difference between Claude Code running running a command and, you know, bugging out on your website and then having to go out and fix it when you're like, this isn't working to, like, potentially conducting a military operation where people are gonna get killed.
但它们背后的基本机制是一样的。
But it's the same underlying kind of process.
这是相同的基础技术。
It's the same underlying technology.
这就是我的意思。
That's what I mean.
是的,规模和严重性确实令人恐惧,但任何自动驾驶汽车也是如此。
That like, yes, the scale and the gravity of it all is kind of terrifying, but it's the same way with anything autonomous self driving cars.
在某个时刻,我们是接受自主性是良好且可预测的,还是会认为其中存在某种不确定性,它可能失控并误伤无辜?
Like at a certain point, do we all accept that autonomy is good and predictable and will work, or do we say there is this level of, like, uncertainty that does lie around it that it can it can go haywire and kill the wrong people?
或者,准确地说,论点并不是它会失控并杀死大量无辜的人,而是他们暗示国防部——我仍觉得这么说很奇怪——会将其用于恶意目的,这才是风险所在?
Or or I guess, actually, is the argument that not that it will go haywire and go kill a bunch of random people, or is it are they implying that the Department of War, it's still weird for me to say that, actually will use it for nefarious purposes, and that's the risk?
你认为这里面隐含了什么?
What do you think is implied in there?
再说一遍,从我的角度来看,我理解为什么Anthropic不愿意把这项技术完全交给五角大楼使用,因为如果一家公司有其价值观,它就会坚持这些价值观。
Again, like, my perspective here, and I understand why why why Anthropic would not wanna sign this away to the Pentagon to, like, have, like, full use and whatever it because if it's a a company comes in with values, it has its values.
但同样,我不确定这里是否存在一个明确的解决方案。
But, again, like, I don't know if there's a concrete warrior here.
这正是我想表达的。
That's what I'm trying to say.
是的。
Yeah.
我觉得这基本上就是一刀切的否决。
I think it's mostly just like, you know, blanket no.
这违背了我们的价值观,就这样吧。
This is against our values and and let's go.
就连埃米尔·迈克尔都上了福克斯商业频道或者福克斯新闻,说我们正在讨论这个问题,结果这时候这篇博客文章出来了,你知道吧?
And even Emile Michael was on, I think he was on Fox Business or Fox News saying that, like, we're in middle of this discussion and this blog post comes out, you know?
再说一遍,我觉得——当然,我不想对这件事太愤世嫉俗,但我确实认为这某种程度上是个公关机会。
Again, like, I I do think, and again, I I don't want to feel too cynical about this, but I do think that this is, you know, sort of a PR opportunity.
但回到你的观点,我的意思是,我会认真思考这个问题。
But back to your point, I mean, like, you know, I try I would trust think about this.
我会信任Waymo。
I would trust a Waymo.
我会坐进一辆Waymo汽车。
I would get in a Waymo.
我会信任它来载我行驶。
I would trust it to drive me.
我知道在99.7%的行程中,它可能表现得很好,或者类似的情况。
I know it's probably good on like 99.7% of of rides or whatever.
比人类好得多。
Much better than humans.
但我不希望Waymo成为警察。
But I don't want Waymo to be the police.
我不可能给Waymo一把枪,然后说:如果你看到犯罪行为,就去抓人。
Like, I'm not giving Waymo a gun and saying, if you see a crime, go arrest somebody.
我不信任它到那种程度。
Like, I don't trust it to that extent.
这正是我想表达的区别。
That's the difference I'm trying to make.
好的。
Okay.
不。
No.
不。
No.
好的。
Okay.
我承认这一点。
I'll give you that.
Waymo就像罗布ocop活过来了。
Waymo as basically RoboCop coming to life.
你
You're
上车。
Get in the car.
这里是反机器人警察。
Anti RoboCop here.
是的,好吧,我能理解。
Yeah, Okay, I can see that.
但从公关角度来看,确实如此。
But going back to the PR standpoint, it is.
我原本试图保持冷静,认真对待这件事。
I was trying to be level headed and take this genuinely seriously.
但这就像是,我的意思是,我敢肯定我们接下来会谈到OpenAI。
But this is just and I mean, I have to imagine we'll get into OpenAI.
我的意思是,萨姆·阿尔特曼甚至公开表示,该公司可能与五角大楼合作。
And I mean, Sam Altman even came out and said that, like, the company would potentially be working with the Pentagon.
我认为
I think
顺便说一下,OpenAI也有同样的限制。
it's Same restrictions, by the way, with OpenAI.
萨姆说,我们只是希望能够化解紧张局势。
And Sam is like, well, we're just gonna hope to that we can defuse.
我们希望能帮助降低事态的紧张程度。
We'd like to try to help de escalate things.
是的。
Yeah.
这个
This
这只是OpenAI在认同我的观点,即这还不是一个真正的分歧。
That's just OpenAI being like, OpenAI agreeing with my statement that this is not a real disagreement yet.
因此
And so therefore
桑达尔会在这其中站哪一边?
Where's Sundar gonna fall in this?
这正是我想知道的。
That's what I wanna know.
他会坐山观虎斗,说我们在印钱,没必要卷入这件事。
He's gonna sit back and he's gonna be like, we're printing, we don't have to be involved in this.
这就是为什么你需要一个垄断性的广告业务,不停地印钱,
This is why you gotta have a monopolistic ad business, just printing cash and
这总会有帮助的。
It always helps.
把Gemini做得更好。
Making Gemini better.
不必担心自主武器的问题。
Don't have to worry about autonomous weapons.
我的意思是,不可能用这种方式来做市场营销。
I mean, can't pay for marketing like this.
如果我这话听起来太愤世嫉俗了,我很抱歉,但这是Axios的风格。
And I'm sorry if this comes off too cynical, but this is an Axios.
这是来自一位国防官员的说法。
This is from a defense official.
我们之所以还在和这些人打交道,是因为我们需要他们,而且现在就需要。
The only reason we're still talking to these people is we need them and we need them now.
这些人的问题是,他们确实太优秀了。
The problem for these guys is they are that good.
你不可能花得起这种钱,那种
You can't pay for that type That's of
这就是为什么它很有趣,好吧,再说一遍,我并不是想显得太愤世嫉俗。
why it is it's like the but it is interesting how okay, yeah, again, not trying to be too cynical here again.
比如,Claude抓到了马杜罗。
Like, Claude catches Maduro.
绝佳的标题。
Great headline.
绝佳的营销。
Great marketing.
有点
Kind of
但这并不是实际发生的情况。
Which is not what happened.
很激动人心,但嘿,这正是网络迷因中的叙事。
Exciting, which is but, hey, that's that's that's the narrative in the meme.
但接着,是的,达里奥意识到这对咱们俩来说是个绝佳的机会,可以成为一家有道德的AI公司;我的意思是,如今如果你有意卷入这种冲突,让全球的头戴设备在推特上向你发难,这反而能帮到你。
But then, yeah, Dario realizing this is a great opportunity for us both to be the ethical AI company to kind of I mean, it's a pretty good positioning nowadays if you're, like, setting yourself up for that conflict to have the headsets of the world kind of, like, coming at you on Twitter that actually can help your case.
所以,是的,我真的觉得是的。
So so, yeah, I I I do think yeah.
再说一遍,我从未想过在自主网络战争这个话题上,我会说这只是一个平平无奇的故事,但这次我同意你的看法。
Again, I never would have thought on the subject of autonomous web warfare, I would say, it's it's a meh story, but I think I agree on this one.
他们刚刚完成了巨额融资。
It's it's they're they and they just raised their giant round.
他们并不需要这种营销。
They don't need to they don't need this marketing.
他们已经足够强大了,不过为他们高兴。
They already have enough, but good for dogs.
如果你觉得他们不需要营销,那说明你低估了当前的竞争程度。
If you think they don't need the marketing, think you're underestimating the level of competition right now.
每一分营销都有帮助。
Every bit of marketing helps.
是的。
Yeah.
我的意思是,你想一想。
I mean, think about it.
这几乎和超级碗广告是一个道理。
It almost follows the same line as the Super Bowl ad.
对吧?
Right?
就像,Claude永远不会做广告,Claude不会,你知道的,在你睡觉时杀了你。
Like, Claude won't ever do ads, Claude won't, you know, kill you in your sleep.
那本该是超级碗广告。
That should have been the Super Bowl ad.
我只是运行了这个,这个剧集的同人小说。
I just run this, the fan fiction of this episode.
但我觉得,归根结底,我不愿说这完全是功利的营销,我觉得达里奥确实有一部分是真心认为,云不应该被用于这些用途。
But I think that, like, ultimately, like, there's still I think part I don't want to say it's entirely cynical marketing, like, I think part of Dario really does believe, that, that this is not the uses that cloud should be used for.
我也觉得,在五角大楼那边,你完全可以理解他们的立场。
And I think on the Pentagon side you can totally see their side as well.
他们可能会想:在关键任务时刻,我们可不希望达里奥说,你们还没准备好做这件事。
Where they're like, we don't wanna be in a mission critical moment and have Dario say, we you're not ready to do this.
实际上,你对模型公司应该如何监管,或者说是使用场景,持什么看法?
Actually, so where do you fall on model companies, like, regulating, I guess.
我不确定‘监管’这个词是否准确,但指的是使用场景。
I don't know if that's the correct word, but use cases.
再比如,陪伴型AI、AI情色内容,我们过去也讨论过,OpenAI的观点和其他公司不同。
Again, companionship, AI erotica, we've debated in the past, and OpenAI has one view of it versus others.
随着技术发展,这几乎又回到了Facebook等平台曾经面临的重大内容审核争议。
Like, do you think as the this evolves and, I mean, it almost kinda comes down back to the the great content moderation debates of Facebook and others.
他们有责任去做这种内容审核吗?
Like, do they have the responsibility to do that moderation?
因为我确实觉得他们有,但这种情况只会变得越来越混乱、越来越复杂。
Because I do kind of think they do, but that this is just gonna get messier and messier and more and more complex.
是的。
Yeah.
我认为他们确实有。
I I think they do.
我的意思是,如果你是一家私营公司,你至少拥有——如果不是责任的话——确保你的产品以你认为对社会有益的方式使用的权利。
I mean, I think that if you're a private company, you you have, you know, at least the right, if not the responsibility, to try to make sure your product is used in ways that you think are beneficial, to society.
我看不出这里有什么问题。
I don't see what the problem is there.
乐观的。
Optimistic.
让我趁这个机会,不再像我们节目刚开始的几分钟那样那么愤世嫉俗,说一句:是的,我认为这很重要。
Well, allow me to take this moment to, you know, maybe not be as cynical as I've been in our first few minutes of this show and say, yeah, I think that's that is important.
科技公司对整个社会负有一定的责任。
Tech companies have some responsibility to society writ large.
这正是
That's the
我知道这样说是有争议的。
I mean, I know it's controversial to say.
这是一个颇具争议的观点,但
That's a that's a hot take, but
我知道现在可能有人正打算换别的内容播放,但我依然坚持这个立场,我愿为此死守到底。
I can see people just hitting play on something else right now, but, but that's where I'm gonna stand there, I'll die on that hill.
但这并非没有对Anthropic可能带来的后果,我们来谈谈吧。
But it's not, this is not without potential consequences for anthropics, let's talk about it.
在准备过程中,五角大楼可能会将Anthropic列为供应链风险,近期,来自该期刊的五角大楼官员已联系包括洛克希德·马丁和波音在内的国防承包商,以了解他们使用Claude的程度。
In preparing for they might the Pentagon might now label anthropic a supply chain risk, and Pentagon officials from the journal have reached out to defense contractors including Lockheed Martin and Boeing in recent days to gauge how much they use Claude.
顺便说一句,我超爱这个场景。
I love that scene by the way.
你能想象五角大楼打电话给波音公司,问他们用了多少Claude吗?
It's like, can you imagine the Pentagon on the line with like Boeing and being like, how much Claude do you use?
因为我们可能因为这个假设的理由而禁止使用它。
Because we might ban it for this hypothetical reason.
那我们是不是以后都造不了飞机了?
Now, are we not gonna able to make planes anymore?
简直疯狂,ChattypuTee三年前才发布,我们现在就已经走到这一步了。
It's just crazy that we've ChattypuTee came out three years ago, and we're at this stage already.
现在的关键基础设施。
Critical infrastructure right now.
对。
Yep.
是的。
Yeah.
我觉得,我的意思是,这就是政治层面的问题。
I think I I mean, that's the the politics element.
我想,这部分在近期来看几乎更让我感到恐惧的是,如果这种级别的推特互怼真的会导致某种供应链风险,进而拖垮一家私营企业,那确实很可怕。
I guess that is kind of like that that part is almost more terrifying to me in the actual near term of, again, like, if if that level of kind of, like, tit for tat Twitter fighting can actually lead to, like, that, you know, some some kind of, like, yeah, the supply chain risk application actually kind of, like, derailing a private business.
我不喜欢这样。
That that I don't like.
他们也可能援引《国防生产法》,强制Anthropic按照五角大楼的要求提供其技术,这将是前所未有的。
They might also invoke the Defense Production Act, which would require Anthropic to supply its technology to the Pentagon the way the Pentagon wants, which would be unprecedented.
再说,这周推特时间线上不断出现的这些推文,我知道推特不是真实世界,但AI圈的很多人、很多买家都在关注这件事。
Again, I mean, the tweets coming through the timeline this week and I know Twitter's not real life, but a lot of people in the AI world, a lot of buyers are paying attention to this.
这是另一位推特用户说的:最能证明Anthropic拥有最佳内部模型的证据。
Here's from another Twitter user: Best proof Anthropic has that it has the best internal models.
五角大楼宁愿援引《国防生产法》,也不愿使用别人的AI。
The Pentagon would rather invoke the Defense Production Act than use someone else's AI.
你觉得他们会遇到速率限制吗?
Do you think they get rate limited?
也许那就是真正开始的原因。
That's my maybe that's what actually started.
那实际上就是他们差点就采取行动了,这可能有点太黑暗了,但我本来想说,这就是我们至今没有入侵伊朗的原因。
That's what actually it was they were like about to capture actually that's this might be too dark, but I was gonna say that's why we didn't invade Iran yet.
他们在关键时刻被限流了。
They're getting rate limited on clutch.
我不知道,罗杰。
I don't know, Roger.
我不会去讨论这个。
I'm not gonna go there.
我收回刚才那句话。
I'm gonna take that one back.
我不知道。
I don't know.
也许等到我们发布这个播客的时候。
Maybe by the time we publish this podcast.
总之,我们就让这件事过去吧。
Anyways, let's let's, we'll let that go.
展开剩余字幕(还有 462 条)
我们来聊点轻松的新闻,比如融资轮次。
Let's move on to lighter news like funding rounds.
好的。
Alright.
OpenAI宣布获得1100亿美元融资,投资方包括亚马逊、英伟达和软银。
OpenAI announces a $110,000,000,000 funding round with backing from Amazon, Nvidia, and SoftBank.
终于来了,我们一直谈论的这一轮融资真的来了,天啊,这轮融资的到来真是个巨大的转折。
So it's finally here, the round we've been talking about, man, that was quite a transition with the round we've been talking about has arrived.
这比预期的还要大。
It is bigger than expected.
记得一开始亚马逊承诺的是500亿美元,然后涨到1000亿,现在变成了1100亿,这是来自CNBC的消息。
Remember, it started out at 50,000,000,000 Amazon and now it's one and then it went to 100,000,000,000 now it's $1.10 and this is from CNBC.
随着融资进程推进,预计还会有其他投资者加入,所以这轮融资还没结束。
Other investors are expected to join as the round progresses, so it's not even over.
我们目前只是有了这三家大公司的巨额承诺,其中亚马逊承诺了500亿美元。
We just have these big commitments, from these three big companies, 50,000,000,000 from Amazon.
我的意思是,这太疯狂了。
I mean, is that's wild.
说到达里奥,我不禁想,当他最大的合作伙伴亚马逊与OpenAI达成这样的交易时,他现在感觉如何?
Speaking of, of Dario, I wonder how he's feeling now that, you know, one of his biggest partners in Amazon is making a deal like this with OpenAI.
我们不会在这上面花太多时间,但兰詹,你对这笔融资的规模、参与方有什么看法?我还特别喜欢我们居然要略过有史以来最大的一轮融资。
We won't spend too much time on it, but Ranjan, your takeaway from the size of the round, who's in, and, any other things that I love how we're gonna glaze over the biggest funding round of all time.
只有在2026年2月,私人市场中1100亿美元的融资才会让人觉得:咱们别在这上面花太多时间了。
Only in February 2026 could a $110,000,000,000 round in a private market actually be like, let's not spend too much time on it.
但我认为我得指出一点,我很高兴OpenAI让这一轮融资变得尽可能地‘OpenAI风格’,因为1100亿美元才是 headline。
But but I think I wanna call out it being and I'm very glad that OpenAI is making, again, this funding round the most OpenAI ish thing possible because 110,000,000,000 is the headline.
实际上很难确定这笔融资的准确数额,因为根据相关信息,亚马逊决定向OpenAI投资高达500亿美元,这取决于OpenAI是否上市,或达成一个模糊定义的里程碑——即通用人工智能。
It is impossible to tell what the actual round is because, again, one of the from the information, Amazon's decision to invest up to $50,000,000,000 in OpenAI could hang on whether OpenAI goes public or reaches a loosely defined milestone known as artificial general intelligence.
我最喜欢的部分是,我们曾经在与微软和OpenAI的基准竞争中失去过它,但现在它又回来了。
That was my favorite part because we might after we lost that benchmark with Microsoft and OpenAI, but now it's back.
而‘宣布AGI可能解锁数百亿美元资金’这一想法,再次卷土重来了。
And this idea of, like, declaring AGI actually potentially unlocking tens of billions of dollars, it's back again.
而且,我们在这里的播客中又有了一个衡量标准。
And and, again, we have our benchmark here on the podcast.
Waymo 正式在纽约市运营,就意味着 AGI 已经实现了。
Waymo's operating in New York City officially will mean AGI is here.
但我觉得我不确定。
But I think I don't know.
你对这笔融资的复杂性怎么看?你真的会称这是 1100 亿美元的融资轮吗?
Did you like, the complexity of the funding, do you call this do you genuinely call this $110,000,000,000 round?
这里涉及的条件太多了。
There's so many stipulations here.
不。
No.
这肯定不是那样。
It's not it's not certainly not that.
你指出的这一点非常重要。
It's I think it's a very important point that you're calling out here.
我的意思是,还记得当初OpenAI和NVIDIA说他们要联手投入1000亿美元,结果后来变成了另一种说法:现在是100亿,以后再说。
I mean, remember when OpenAI and NVIDIA said that they were gonna do a $100,000,000,000 together, and it was another one of these, well, it's 10,000,000,000 now and in time.
结果发现,那1000亿美元实际上只是300亿,这才是NVIDIA真正要投资的金额。
Turns out that $100,000,000,000 was actually 30,000,000,000, which is what NVIDIA will be investing.
尽管黄仁勋说我们希望他们能邀请我们回去,但显然,宣称有意投资1000亿和实际投入300亿是完全不同的两回事。
Although Jensen Monga said we hope they invite us, you know, to come back, but certainly a intent to invest a 100 is very different from an actual action to invest 30.
对我来说,有趣的是这些重大交易最终会带来什么结果。
To me the interesting thing here is where, you know, what happens as a result of these major deals.
所以这是来自CNBC的报道,OpenAI表示将把与亚马逊云服务现有的380亿美元协议在未来八年内再增加1000亿美元。
So this is from, CNBC and OpenAI said it's expanding its existing $38,000,000,000 agreement with Amazon Web Services by 100,000,000,000 over the next year eight years.
所以它将从亚马逊获得500亿,但自己也要再投入1000亿或1380亿美元。
So so it's gonna get 50 from Amazon, but it's gonna put back either 100 or $1.38.
所以我对这个公告感到非常高兴。
That's why I'm so happy about this announcement.
它涵盖了所有方面。
It's got everything.
它有着模糊的基准和分期安排。
It's got kind of like nebulous benchmarks and tranches.
它涉及循环融资和资金运作。
It's got circular funding and financing.
这简直就是典型的SAM融资轮。
It's it's a classic SAM funding round.
再次强调,正如你所说,可能在八年内投入500亿,将380亿提升到1000亿。
Again, yeah, like, as you said, potentially putting in 50, potentially over eight years, getting that 38,000,000,000 up to a 100,000,000,000.
这简直是完美的OpenAI融资模式。
It's it's it's perfect OpenAI funding.
没错。
That's right.
是的。
Yeah.
我的意思是,今天早些时候萨姆在CNBC上表示,只有收入增长,这件事才可能成功,但他回应了循环融资的问题。
I I mean, as Sam was on, CNBC earlier today and basically said, look, this is only gonna work if the revenue goes up, but in answering the circular funding thing.
我认为他是对的。
And I think he's right.
只有当收入增加时,这才会成功。
It's only gonna work if the revenue goes up.
我觉得基本上就是这样。
Think that's basically it.
这本身就是一门好生意。
That's good business right there.
好生意。
Good business.
但当然,没错。
But also, like, yeah, of course.
如果指数增长持续下去,他就将继续获得资金,一切就都说得通了。
If the exponential continues, then he'll continue to get the money, and it all makes sense.
如果增长停止,他就不会获得资金。
And if it doesn't, he won't get the money.
是的。
Yeah.
我想我的意思是,我确实很想聊聊你目前对OpenAI业务的看法。
I think I mean, I definitely wanna get into kind of, like, where you see OpenAI's business at this exact moment.
但同样让我感到有趣的是,大家几乎没有讨论这些资金将投向何处。
But but, like, one one thing that was also interesting to me as well was there wasn't a lot of talk around where this money gets invested into.
像一年前或两年前,我觉得任何一轮大规模融资都会紧紧围绕着开发下一代模型、建设数据中心展开。
Like, in the old days of a year or two ago, I feel any of these big funding rounds would really kind of center around getting to that next generation model, building data centers.
那时的情况我还是不太清楚。
It was still a bit I don't know.
你有注意到什么吗?
Did you see anything?
当时并没有一个明确的、标志性的方向,来说明这些资金对OpenAI以及整个生态系统究竟意味着什么?
Like, it still wasn't there wasn't a big kind of flagship push around what this money actually is gonna mean to both OpenAI and the ecosystem at large?
是的。
Yeah.
这必须是基础设施。
It has to be infrastructure.
对吧?
Right?
以及对推理的支持,尤其是当你与亚马逊和英伟达这样的合作伙伴合作时。
And just the support for inference, especially when you're working with partners like Amazon and NVIDIA.
我认为这并非偶然。
I think that's not an accident.
OpenAI 已经明确告诉我们游戏规则了。
And OpenAI basically told us what the game is.
对吧?
Right?
他们说,如果我们能构建更多基础设施并满足更多需求,我们就能赚更多钱,并会持续投入,直到这一假设被证明不成立。
They're like, if we are able to build more infrastructure and serve more demand, we're gonna make more money and we'll keep building until that proves to be untrue.
所以对我来说,这仅仅是这一方向上的一步而已。
So to me that's this is that's just one step here along the way on that front.
但你现在如何看待OpenAI的竞争地位呢?
Well but where do you view OpenAI competitively right now?
我很好奇。
I'm curious.
我只是想说,这对我来说太疯狂了。
I'm just gonna say, like, it is crazy to me.
我的ChatGPT使用频率在Gemini出现后大幅下降了。
My ChatGPT usage has declined dramatically between Gemini.
实际上,对于日常一些基础性任务,我现在用得更多了。
Actually, for, like, day to day just basic stuff, I'm using a lot more.
就像之前我们讨论过的切换成本和护城河一样。
Like, it just again, and we've talked about switching costs and moat, actually.
我知道,长期被热议的‘记忆’功能据说会逐渐构建起这种护城河,但它依然不断提醒我,这些看似稳固的基础其实多么脆弱——现在用户数量不是号称有九亿了吗?
And I know, like, the idea of memory, which everyone has been talking about for a long time, is supposed to kinda start to build that moat, but it's still such a reminder to me of how brittle a lot of these kind of, like, foundations are that might seem, again, what is it, 900,000,000 users now?
是的。
Yeah.
刚才说了,九亿用户。
Just said today, 900,000,000 users.
是的。
Yeah.
一亿。
100,000,000.
是的。
Yeah.
所以他们肯定会在三月中下旬到月底前达到十亿用户。
So they're definitely on track for a billion by mid mid to late March.
是的。
Yeah.
没错。
Exactly.
到四月。
To April.
而且再说一遍,对普通人来说,ChatGPT 就像是 AI 领域的谷歌那样的品牌名称,不管怎么说,就是个代名词。
And and again, ChatGPT is the, like, Google kinda, like, trademark brand name, whatever, of, like, AI for the average person.
它已经变成一个动词了。
It's like a verb.
但说实话,我前几天特意查了一下,因为我很好奇。
But still, like I I actually was looking this up the other day because I was curious.
去年我们这档节目提到过,当时新闻头条说 Anthropic 搞砸了。
Back us on this show a year ago, there were headlines Anthropic was screwed.
意思是,消费者端的使用量在下降。
Like, usage was going down on the consumer side.
而且,再次向他们致以极大的敬意。
And, again, massive credit to them.
他们做出了非常明确的押注。
They had such a clear bet.
我们很早就指出过,他们全面投入了编程 API。
And we we outlined this very early that, like, they were going all in on coding API.
他们基本上放弃了消费产品,但这对他们来说取得了惊人的成功。
They were giving up the consumer product, basically, and it worked brilliantly for them.
但再说到十二个月前、十四个月前,当时的主流说法是Anthropic处境非常糟糕。
But it again, twelve months ago, fourteen months ago, the narrative was very strongly anthropic is in a bad position.
这有点像现在Perplexity的处境。
It's kinda where perplexity is now.
OpenAI正在全面主导市场。
OpenAI is just dominating.
Gemini正在崛起。
Gemini is on the rise.
两年前,Gemini和Google已经完蛋了。
Two years ago, Gemini and Google are dead.
就像,真的,就是这样。
Like, it it just yeah.
它不断提醒我,如今这个市场的变化有多快。
It keeps reminding me just how quickly things can shift in this market right now.
是的。
Yeah.
变化很快。
It changes fast.
我的意思是,当人们想到生成式AI时,他们想到的是ChatGPT。
I mean, like, when people think about generative AI, they think about ChatGPT.
如果你是OpenAI,现在这就是你的核心产品。
That's what you hang your hat on right now if you're OpenAI.
其他一些布局,比如Sora,并没有完全按计划实现。
Some of the other bets, Sora, you know, haven't worked exactly according to plan.
我们还没有推出设备,但我认为你基本上采取了双管齐下的策略。
We still don't have the device, but I think that basically you you have this two pronged strategy.
你从零开始打造ChatGPT,它是最领先的消费级产品,然后以此为杠杆,进军企业市场。
You you're growing Chateappity from the ground up, it's the leading consumer product, and you use that to leverage, and move into enterprise.
而且,是的,他们正在进军编程领域。
And and, yeah, they're making their move into coding.
现在编码市场发生的事情非常有趣,你不觉得吗?
And very interesting now what's happening in the coding market, wouldn't you say?
因为你有Cloud Code,你知道的,我简直快疯了。
Because you have Cloud Code, which, you know, I've been, you know, I've been in like like crazy.
我每隔几个小时就碰到极限了,全都在Cloud Code里。
I'm hitting my limits every couple hours, just in Cloud Code.
太惊人了。
It's amazing.
还有一些其他玩家,比如Cursor,随着这两大巨头入场,它们的走势也在上下波动。
And there's some other some other players like Cursor that are, you know, starting to go up and down, you know, as the two big boys get involved.
那么,Ranjan,Cursor现在怎么样了?
So what's happening with Cursor, Ranjan?
好的。
Okay.
我想强调一下这个故事。
So I wanted to highlight this story.
有一条推文来自凯尔·拉塞尔,提到公司正在移除90个座位,主要是通过Slack进行的。
There was kind of like a there was one tweet from a Kyle Russell around how the company was removing 90 seats and basically over Slack.
人们纷纷说,嘿。
People were like, hey.
你能把我从Cursor上取消订阅吗?
Can you unsub me from Cursor?
是的。
Yeah.
我也不再使用它了。
I'm not using it anymore too.
我认为,这种势头、人们转变的速度,以及所谓‘护城河’的概念,真的让我着迷,因为一年前,Cursor还代表着自主编码或CodeGen,被视为任何AI驱动编码的代名词,但人们切换得如此之快,所谓的护城河其实根本不存在。
And I think, again, this, like, momentum, the speed and, like, inflection with which people can shift or this idea of moat, it's just so fascinating to me because, again, a year ago, Cursor was synonymous with autonomous coding or CodeGen and saw, like, any kind of, like, AI driven coding and just how quickly people can switch, how the moat was never really there.
所以我认为这引出了两个问题。
And so I think it raises two questions.
第一,是不是所有东西最终都只集中在基础模型实验室?
Like, one, does everything kind of, like, only condensed to the foundation model labs?
我认为是产品而非模型的观点完全是错误的。
And my argument that it's the product, not the model, is completely wrong.
如果真是这样,我会明确说出来。
And if that happens, I will I will say that.
但但但对我来说,那只是一方面。
But but but I think, like, to me, there that was one side.
另一方面是Cursor的故事,我的意思是,我们并不清楚他们在收入方面的内部情况。
The other that the cursor story and it I mean, we don't know definitively, like, things are internally for them from a revenue perspective.
但我希望这能开始消除所有关于ARR(年化经常性收入)的主张。
But, like, hope that this starts to raise the every claim around ARR or annualized recurring revenue.
这种说法开始消失。
That starts to go away.
因为任何了解情况的人都知道,当你有一个好月份时,拿一个月的数据乘以12是不合理的。
Because anyone who knows, it's like taking one month of data and extrapolating it times 12 when you have a good month.
我的意思是,我见过有人开玩笑,但也许实际情况就是:你只有一周甚至一天的数据,就乘以365,然后称之为ARR。
I mean, there's like I've seen people joking, but maybe it's the case you have one week or one day and times by three sixty five and call it ARR.
我认为,在市场上,真正理解产品随时间的粘性,现在正变得越来越有价值。
I think, like, in the market, actually trying to understand stickiness over time is gonna become much, much more of, like, a valued thing right now.
是的。
Yeah.
我觉得这很好。
I think that's great.
我的意思是,ARR 确实存在一定程度的头衔通胀。
I mean, think that there's definitely been a some title inflation when it comes to ARR.
对吧?
Right?
比如,很多公司都在发布关于 ARR 的消息,你不得不摇摇头,想想这数字到底靠不靠谱?
Like, certainly companies are putting releases out there about ARR and you have to like, you know, kinda shake your head a little bit about, you know, is that really the number or not?
但我觉得回到你之前的观点,最重要的就是:在 AI 应用领域,由于生成式 AI 具有通用性,你总是得担心大公司会吞掉你的成果。
But I think going back to your previous point, I think that's the most important point is that, when it comes to AI applications, because of generative AI's general purpose nature, you always have to worry about one of the big companies gobbling up, what you're doing.
而 Cursor 的情况显然就是这样——Cloud Code 最初可能被视为竞争对手或只是 Cursor 的另一个版本,适用于不同场景,也许它不是一个完整的 IDE,但现在它已经完全具备了竞争力。
And certainly that's what's happened with Cursor, I think, is that Cloud Code, right, which was initially like, you know, seen as a frenemy or maybe just a different version of Cursor, that for different use cases, and it's not like not being an IDE maybe, that is fully competitive now.
人们只是在代码中工作,他们也在Codex中工作。
And people are just working within code, and they're working within codex.
所以这就是正在发生的事情,大型模型正在吞噬小型竞争对手。
And so that's how that's what's happening is the big models are just gobbling up smaller competition.
有个问题。
So question.
十二个月后,Anthropic还是行业领头羊吗?还是情况又发生了巨大变化?
Twelve months from now, is Anthropic still the king of the hill, or have things shifted again dramatically?
因为如果我们看一下,确实有一些方向相似的东西。
Because if we I mean, if we're looking, there's some kind of directionally similar things.
我的意思是,OpenAI正在增长并筹集更多资金,但谁仍然掌握着叙事、对话以及下一代创新的主导权呢?
I mean, OpenAI is growing and raising more money, but still, kind of who owns the narrative and conversation and kind of, like, the next wave of innovation.
你认为六个月或十二个月后,Anthropic还是领头羊吗?
Do you think it's still anthropic six months from now, twelve months from now?
关于编程?
On coding?
是的。
Yes.
不是。
No.
不是。
No.
否则我不知道。
Else I don't know.
总体而言。
Overall.
对。
Yeah.
嗯,他们确实现在势头很猛,但我仍然认为OpenAI是领导者。
Well, they're they're I don't I would argue that they're not like, I mean, clearly they're ascendant right now, but I would still argue that OpenAI is the leader.
但我认为编程会非常有趣,因为这正是当前的主要应用场景。
But I think coding is gonna be very interesting because that is, that is the use case right now.
这显然具有经济价值,并且正在迅猛增长。
That's that's clearly economically valuable and exploding.
事实上,我认为Anthropic付费订阅者的某些数据非常令人印象深刻。
In fact, I think some of the numbers on Anthropic paid subscribers are are quite impressive.
实际上,它们就在我收件箱里。
Actually, have them in my inbox.
你想让我读给你听吗?
You want me to read them?
读给我听。
Read them to me.
好的。
Alright.
我们来看看。
Let's see.
所以,让我们看看。
So it let's see.
免费用户数量自一月以来增长超过60%,创下云服务历史上最快的增长纪录。
Free users on on, are up more than 60% since January, fastest growth in Cloud's history.
自十一月以来,每日注册人数翻了三倍。
Daily sign ups have tripled since November.
每一天,都如此。
Every single day, okay.
抱歉。
I'm sorry.
我只是想确认一下,这会被记录下来。
I'm just making sure that this is on the record.
是的。
Yeah.
本周每一天都连续打破了云服务有史以来单日注册人数的最高纪录,付费用户数量自十月以来已翻了一倍多。
Every single day this week has consecutively broken the record for Cloud's largest ever day of sign ups, and paid subscribers have more than doubled since October.
人们留下来并升级,是因为他们看重云服务最先进功能,并且一致表示它提升了他们的思维能力。
People are staying and upgrading because they value Cloud's most advanced capabilities and consistently say it sharpens their own thinking.
所以他们说,这不仅仅是超级碗带来的短暂增长。
So it's more than a Super Bowl bump, they're saying.
这是在广告活动之前几个月就开始的采用。
It's adoption from months before the ad campaign.
所以他们做得非常好。
So they're doing really well.
我认为编程领域的竞争将会缩小,但一年后,我认为他们仍会处于领先地位,而且我认为随着编程相关应用的持续发展,这仍将是这些模型最大的使用场景。
I think that the the coding fight is going to narrow, but a year from now I think they're still gonna be in the lead, and I still think that will be the biggest use case for these models as the vibe coding stuff continues.
你怎么看?
What do you think?
嗯,我再次持不同意见,因为我的公司Rytr,也就是自主知识工作领域,正是我们专注的领域。
Well, I'll I'll differ again as as my the company I work for, Rytr, Autonomous Knowledge Work is where we play.
Claude Cowork也在其中。
Claude Cowork is in there.
Manus几乎是唯一其他真正的竞争对手。
Manus is kind of one of the only other competitors, really.
我仍然坚持我的预测,这将是今年的主要趋势。
I'm still standing by my prediction that that's gonna be the big trend of the year.
这在《Talk My Book》中是出于自身利益,但说实话,这让我觉得很有意思,因为Claude Code已经成为大多数人接触的入口。
It's self interest in Talk My Book, but really and I gotta say, I was it's been interesting to me because, like, how Claude Code has been the entry point for most people.
因为我们的公司只面向企业客户,所以它不是一个面向消费者的產品。
Because, like, our company, we only work with enterprises, so it's not a consumer product.
所以没那么多人能感受到它。
So just not as many people feeling it.
但我想你现在应该明白了。
But I just say, like, I think you get it now.
对吧?
Right?
比如在Claude Code中,它让你感受到我自去年十月以来一直在说的那种真正的自主智能代理工作——有代理在外面为你执行多步骤的实际任务。
Like, in Claude Code, it gives you that feeling of, like, what I've been trying to say since October of, like, actual autonomous agentic work, like agents out there doing stuff for you that actually works with many steps.
你现在能体会到这种感觉了。
And you feel it now.
对吧?
Right?
我听到你在说
I I heard you talking
那件事。
about that.
它。
It.
是的。
Yes.
但我认为还有很长的路要走。
But I also think there's a long way to go.
尽管它为我开发了一些内部工具,表现非常出色,我得说。
Although it's done a great job building some internal tools for me, I have to say.
所以
So
好的。
Okay.
但你现在可是支持智能代理的了。
But you're you're pro agentic now.
你开始转变了。
You're coming around.
我感受到智能代理的力量了。
I'm feeling the agentic.
我有这种感觉。
I'm feeling it.
但我还没像你那样完全信服,没完全喝下那杯酷爱饮料。
But I'm not I'm not, I don't haven't fully drank the Kool Aid like you have.
好吧。
Okay.
我们得继续前进了。
We have to go ahead.
我本来想说,我真正体会到的是,'代理'和'代理性'这两个词在2025年一整年都被用得太滥了,而且被严重误解了。
I I was gonna say, what I've actually come away with is, it's the word agent and agentic was so just beaten down and kinda, like, mischaracterized for all of 2025.
这就是为什么大家都很难开口说'代理性'这个词。
That's why everyone's just has a hard time saying the word agentic.
但事实上,现在发生的一切正是真正的代理性,这正是我们当初所期待的,只是我们听得太久,却从未实现,也没人说得通,所以人们才对这个词感到不适。
Whereas in reality, all this, what's happening is it's act this is actually agentic, that this is what we were promised, but we just heard it for so long and it wasn't working or none of it made sense that that's why people people are uncomfortable saying it.
不。
No.
我觉得这能很好地说明我们立场的差异。
Here's a I think this is a good, distinction of where we sit.
你很乐意相信,人工智能的代理性最终会好到足以独立做决定,而我却认为:绝对不要让AI做决定。
You are happy to you believe that AI will this agentic stuff will eventually be good enough to take the shots, and I'm like, do not take the shots.
如果真得要开枪,就让人类来吧。
Let's if we're gonna have to shoot, let a human do it.
好的。
Okay.
那也许这就是
That's maybe that is the
这就是分歧所在。
That's the breakdown.
对。
Yeah.
好。
Okay.
我觉得你对它太信任了。
I think you're far too trusting of it.
不过无论如何,我们改天再深入探讨这个话题吧。
But anyway, we'll we'll go go down that rabbit hole another day.
或者如果你愿意,也可以回应一下。
Or you can respond if you want.
不。
No.
我认为这是一个合理的描述。
I think that that's that's a reasonable characterization.
这跟我们平时常讨论的问题一样,到底是产品的问题还是模型的问题,可能比AI该不该出手、人类该不该出手更得体一些。
That's gonna I like I like our our regular standing debate around is it the product or the model probably is a little more tasteful than should AI take the shot or humans take the shot.
但是
But
这两个都是真实的问题。
These are both real questions.
这两个都是真实的问题,是的。
These are both real Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
好吧。
Alright.
我要休息一下,然后回来。
I'm gonna take a break and come back.
我们将在广告后回来,讨论杰克·多西在Block公司裁员4000人,然后利用剩余时间讨论引发市场抛售的Citrini研究报告。
We're gonna come back after this, and we're gonna talk about Jack Dorsey laying off 4,000, at Block, and then we're gonna talk about the Citrini research paper in the time we have left that caused this sell off in the market.
广告后马上回来。
We'll be back right after this.
我们又回来了,这里是Big Technology Podcast周五特辑。
And we're back here on Big Technology Podcast Friday edition.
好的。
Alright.
新闻称,杰克·多西来自SFgate。
So, the news is that Jack Dorsey is from SFgate.
杰克·多西正在Block公司裁员4000人,并表示未来一年内其他人也会效仿。
Jack Dorsey is laying off 4,000 at Blok and saying others will do the same within the next year.
所以,裁员规模固然巨大,但真正的头条在于,杰克·多西表示,人工智能已经帮助我们变得如此高效,以至于我们能够裁掉一半员工,同时保持同样的生产力。
So it's not that, the size of the layoff is massive, which it is, but the the real headline here is that Jack Dorsey has said AI has become, has helped us become so efficient that we're able to lay off half the company and be as productive.
顺便说一句,这种趋势也会波及其他公司。
And by the way, this is coming for others as well.
你对此怎么看,拉詹?
What do you think about that, Ranjan?
这个消息让我震惊。
This one killed me.
我得说一下。
I gotta say.
我喜欢,但我在这里有两种想法。
I like and there's I I have two kind of minds here.
一方面,就像我们今天一直在讨论的,在我看来,一切都属于沟通和营销。
One is and again, as we've been discussing today, like, everything is comms and marketing in my mind.
而且,这真的感觉像是,Block的收入增长一直在放缓,盈利能力也在下降。
And, like, it really just feels like, again, blocks revenue has been revenue growth has been slowing profitability.
2025年并不是一个糟糕的年份,但毫无疑问,这家公司曾在疫情期间经历爆炸式增长,如今却在放缓。
2025 was not it it wasn't a bad year, but it's certainly, like, they were a company that saw incredible growth during COVID, and it's been slowing.
所以,股价已经下跌了75%。
So, like, the stock's down 75%.
总体来说,业务并不理想。
It's it's overall, business is not great.
所以把这归咎于AI让我有点不舒服。
So to say it's AI kinda bothers me.
这感觉像是在逃避,而不是直面问题。
It feels like a cop out versus, listen.
很多大型科技公司都有点臃肿。
Like, a lot of big tech were were a little bloated.
我们雇人太多了。
We overhired.
我们只是想适度地调整一下业务规模。
We're just trying to rightsize the business a little bit.
对我来说,这就是本质。
Like, to me, that's what this is.
我说这些是因为我真心相信,劳动力将会被重塑,行业里会出现一些问题和动荡,但我觉得这一次,杰克只是在裁员时随便找了个‘AI’的借口。
And and, I'm saying that as someone who genuinely believes workforces are gonna get transformed and there's gonna be some problems and, like, dislocation in in the industry, I felt this one was just kinda Jack being like AI when he has to lay off a bunch of people.
对。
Right.
我认为我们应该在这里提供一些背景信息。
And I think we should give the context here.
对吧?
Right?
所以Block是盈利的。
So Block is profitable.
这是一家盈利的公司正在采取这些举措。
It's a profitable company making these moves.
而且在消息公布后,它的股价今天仍上涨了14%。
And still, it's up 14% today after the news.
所以关于这一点,我想说一下。
So here's what I'll say about it.
这并不是Block今年第一次裁员。
This is not the first time that Block has been doing layoffs this year.
Block在今年二月初进行了裁员。
Block did layoffs earlier in February.
这是《连线》杂志在杰克·多西的Block公司二月初裁撤数百名员工后发布的报道。
This is from Wired after hundreds of workers were laid off in early February from Jack Dorsey's Block.
公司中一些留下的员工表示,内部文化已经恶化到如此地步:绩效焦虑四处蔓延,必须使用生成式AI,整体士气正在迅速下滑。
Some of the people remaining at the company say the internal culture has devolved to a point where it's where performance anxiety is running running rampant, using generative AI is required, and overall morale is rapidly deteriorating.
听好了。
Listen to this.
目前,黑人员工被要求每周给多西发送一封更新邮件,而他则利用生成式AI来汇总数千封这样的信息。
Black employees are currently expected to send an update email to Dorsey every week, who then uses generative AI to summarize the thousands of messages.
我不确定这是否是这项技术最有效的用途,而且我不太想在这里做这个论点,但杰克是不是抓住了什么关键点?我们会不会看到更多这样的情况?
I don't know if this is the most effective use of the technology and I hate to make the argument here, but is Jack on to something and are we gonna see more of this?
因为一个CEO能够每周收到所有员工——成千上万员工——的邮件,把它们输入生成式AI引擎,从而感知公司内部的动态,他的管理层也可以对他们的大量下属做同样的事,从而变得更高效。
Because the idea that a CEO could get a weekly, email from all their employees, thousands of employees, throw them into a generative AI engine, get a feel of what's going on in the company, that his reports can do the same with their, legions of employees and become more effective through that.
这种技术的发展方向,是不是正朝着这个方向前进?
Is that is that kind of where this technology is heading?
我的意思是,我读到这个的时候觉得挺有意思的。
I mean, it was interesting when I read that.
一方面,对我来说,这实际上是个错误的流程。
Like, on one hand, to me, that actually would be, like, the wrong process.
因为如果你要求每个人每周都向你汇报自己和他们所做的工作,以此作为了解公司现状的基础,那结果肯定会偏向正面。
Because if you're asking everyone to give you essentially sell themselves and the work they're doing on a weekly basis and using that as your, like, foundation for understanding the state of your company, it's gonna be biased positive.
这其实不太好,因为每个人都会说,我做了了不起的事情。
Like, that's not actually good because everyone's gonna be like, oh, did amazing things.
一切都很好。
Everything is great.
然后你把它们汇总起来,杰克就坐在那里,以为一切都很好。
And then you summarize it, and Jack's just sitting there thinking everything's great.
所以我觉得,但有趣的是,你居然把这当成负面的。
So I think but but I it's funny that to me that you took that as a negative.
因为再次说,这种新方式确实挺酷的,你现在能以以前无法想象的方式大规模地进行管理。
Because, again, like, it is kinda you don't think it's cool at all, the idea that now you can kind of manage in different ways, that you can act at scale that never would have thought possible before.
真正获得一种部分真实的视角,至少比起让一群人花一个月时间做报告,然后你在全员大会或董事会会议上听取他们的更新,这种方式能让你获得更实时的反馈。
Really getting a view that's semi true, or at least versus having a bunch of people spend a month doing a report that you're gonna have like an all hands meeting or a board meeting where they update you, that you can actually have more real time feedback like that.
你不喜欢
You don't like
我不认为我在批评这一点。
I don't think I'm criticizing that.
我想告诉你一件事。
I think it let me tell you this.
我认为,直觉上,我是站在员工这一边的。
I I think instinctively, I, you know, I'm on the side of workers here.
我觉得这有点令人反感,CEO 不是直接和他们交流,而是让 AI 总结他们、总结他们的笔记,并迫使他们写这些笔记。
I think it kinda it's kind of gross that CEO is instead of talking with them, having AI summarize them, summarize their notes and making them write these notes.
我的意思是,想想你得写多少东西,然后这些内容会被输入进去。
I mean, just think about how much work you have to write and that gets fed in.
你很可能是在用 AI 辅助写作。
You're probably you're probably writing with AI.
你很可能
You're probably
几乎可以肯定你的代理正在和杰克的代理交流,这就是正在发生的事,但
almost certainly using a your agent is talking to Jack's agent is what's happening But
最终,你知道,我得放下这种想法。
ultimately, you know, I have to I think I have to get past that.
实际上,如果我经营一家这么大的公司,我会这么做。
I actually think that if I was running a company of that size, I would do this.
我真的认为,这确实是掌握公司动态的好方法。
I I really think it is a great way to stay on top of a of a company, actually.
我不认为这让公司效率提高了50%,而且我读到的来自《旧金山纪事报》的员工评论很自然——他们不喜欢强制使用AI,也不满意有一半员工离职。
I don't think it makes the company 50% more efficient, and it's, like, natural to get these quotes that I read from SF Gate from employees who just don't like the mandating of AI and also aren't happy that half the company is leaving.
但真相可能介于两者之间。
But maybe the truth lies somewhere in the middle.
我认为我们应该重点关注杰克给大家的警告,他说,你知道,我们还处于早期阶段,我会坦诚相告,我也期待其他人同样如此。
And I think we should really focus on the, on the warning, so to speak, that Jack gave to everybody else saying that, you know, I just think we're early and I'm gonna be honest about it, and I expect many others to do the same thing.
我收到了一份来自曾经与杰克共事过的人的笔记,这条被封锁的消息将会产生连锁反应。
As I got this note from somebody who's worked with Jack in the past, this blocked news is gonna cascade hard.
杰克向科技界乃至更广泛领域的每一位首席执行官提出了一个问题:你们是否在承载着可以削减的冗余负担?
Jack just put the question to every CEO in tech, and maybe beyond, of whether they are carrying dead weight that could be shed.
如果又有几家科技公司采取如此大规模的行动——我们知道它们一定会——那么这种趋势蔓延的可能性将大大增加。
If a few more tech companies pull a move moves of this magnitude, and we know they will, then the odds of it crossing over increase tremendously.
我认为这听起来很合理,很可能会有许多科技公司的首席执行官表示,顺便说一句,他们知道杰克是能管理一家臃肿公司的。
I I would say it sounds right, and probably we're gonna have many tech companies, CEOs, saying and by the way, they they know that Jack can run a bloated company.
我的意思是,看看推特发生了什么。
I mean, look at what happened with Twitter.
但话说回来,也许我们不必裁掉50%,但能不能先裁掉20%?
But saying, you know, maybe we don't have to do 50, but can we do 20?
这有点令人害怕。
It's a little bit scary.
我觉得这确实吓人,但当初这些公司在短时间内招聘人数激增了100%甚至200%,基于疫情时期被夸大的营收和增长数据时,我们可没这么抱怨过。
I think it's scary, but when the hiring at these companies was up by a 100% or 200% in a condensed amount of time based off of, like, extrapolated revenue and growth numbers from COVID, we weren't all complaining.
我觉得,与其说我是愤世嫉俗,不如说我其实也不太确定。
I think, like I I I think I'm almost cynical isn't quite the right word, but, like, I don't know.
我认识很多科技公司的员工,他们拿很多钱,却没做多少工作。
I I know a lot of people at a lot of tech companies that get a lot of money for not a lot of work.
过去五到七年里,这种情况变得越来越普遍。
It's, like, it's become the case increasingly more so over the last five years, seven years.
像谷歌和Facebook这样的公司,有一段时间确实如此。
The Googles and the Facebooks for a while, I would say.
但某个经济领域在过去的十年或十五年里成为了最有价值的领域,结果变得臃肿不堪。
But, like, like, there there is like, it's one sector of the economy that became the most valuable sector of the economy for a fifteen year period or whatever it is, ten year period, and it became bloated.
现在,对我来说,AI正在改变的,是过去十年我们赋予软件和技术领域的工作价值,已经不再相同了。
And now, like, to me, AI, what it's doing, it's it's just kind of like the the value of work in software and technology that we had assigned to it over the last decade is not the same.
这种现象在许多其他行业也发生过,总会带来动荡。
And that's happened to many, many other industries over time, and it it causes disruption.
但对我来说,这更像是自然的商业周期,而不是什么末日景象,我并不太悲观。
But to me, that's almost like natural business cycle rather than again, I'm like not too doomer about it.
也许这目光短浅,但就像其他曾经发生过的转变一样,也没那么不同。
Maybe that's shortsighted, but like, it's not that different than other shifts that have happened over time.
是的。
Yeah.
比如,你可以把如今两个花费75%精力的邮件岗位,用生成式AI压缩成一个邮件岗位。
Like, I guess you could you could condense, like, two, you know, 75% effort email jobs today into one email job if you have generative AI.
但我也认为,就我们现在的对话而言,我俩都不会忽视一个事实:这些岗位上都是真实的人,这种情况真的很糟糕。
But, like, I also think, you know, as we have this conversation, I don't think either of us are going to discount, like, the fact that there's real people in these jobs and this really sucks.
尤其是现在我们正处于不招聘也不裁员的时期,每当像Block这样的公司裁员一人,对那个人来说都是一场灾难,我不想忽略这一点。
And, you know, especially now we're, like, in a no hire, no fire time period, that for every person that gets laid off at a place like Block, it's just like, it's a it's a disaster in each one of those cases, and I don't wanna, you know, leave that out.
没错。
No.
没错。
No.
这正是所有这些问题的症结所在。
That's that's the problem about all this.
我是说,我不想低估。
It's like, I don't want to shortchange.
我的意思是,被裁员真的很糟,没错。
I mean, getting laid off sucks and, like Yep.
这真的很令人难过,但另一方面,Metallica 和 Benson Boone 真的需要在 Dreamforce 演出吗?这究竟是一个健康行业的标志,还是一个可能有点疲软的行业的表现?
It is just it it's it's it's sad, but it's also like, does Metallica and Benson Boone need to play Dreamforce, and is that, like, the sign of a healthy industry or an industry that might be getting a bit soft?
我问你。
I ask you.
Benson Boone,或者其中之一,Metallica 或 Benson Boone。
Benson Boone and just one of them, Metallica or Benson Boone.
但是
But
听好了。
Look.
只要保留 Metallica 就行。
As long as keep Metallica.
对吧?
Right?
我们得保留Metallica。
We gotta keep Metallica.
我不知道。
I don't know.
我其实更希望他们不要去参加Dreamforce,这总是让我感到难过。
I I'd rather that always kinda saddens me that they went that they're playing a dream force.
Benson Boone
Benson Boone
是的。
Yeah.
让他上台,别让Metallica上。
Put him up there, not Metallica.
这会很尴尬。
This is gonna be embarrassing.
我根本不知道Benson Boone是谁。
I don't even know who Benson Boone is.
他就是那个在格莱美上翻跟头的人吗?
He's a guy who he did the flip at the Grammys now?
不是吗?
No?
我完全不知道他是谁。
No idea who that is.
好吧。
Alright.
所以也许你把他删了。
So maybe you cut him.
也许你可以留下他,同时保留Ben。
Maybe you bring keep him and you you Keep Ben.
留下Metallica的Ben,然后保留你的员工。
From Metallica and then keep your employees.
这可能是我的偏好。
That would be my preference maybe.
我会为你创建一个代理,帮你更好地跟上流行文化,亚历克斯。
Like, I'm gonna create an agent for you to keep up better with pop culture, Alex.
嗯,我很乐意。
Well, I would like that.
是的。
Yeah.
我得过滤那个代理发来的邮件,太多了。
I would not I would have to put that filter that agent's emails, just too much.
但顺便说一下,真正的问题在于,如果每家公司都——我不知道,其实我不觉得杰克是对的。
But so but by the way, so so here's where this becomes a real problem, is if every company I don't know, I actually don't think Jack is right.
我们一会儿再谈这个,但即使有这些AI工具,软件工程的就业人数也在迅速增长,这很有趣。
We're gonna talk about it in a moment, but, even with these AI tools, the, software engineering employment numbers are going up fairly quickly, which is fascinating.
但如果杰克是对的——假设他没错,那情况可能会很糟糕。
But if Jack is right, in the case that he is, that could be rough.
我的意思是,你想想每个公司都出来裁员,我们已经看到亚马逊大规模裁员了。
I mean, you think about every company coming out and doing mean, we've seen Amazon do these big layoffs.
对吧?
Right?
每个公司都出来裁掉20%的员工。
Like, every company comes out and does a 20% layoff.
这确实很艰难。
That is, that's tough.
如果你是科技行业的从业者,这真的很艰难。
That's tough if you're a tech worker.
但过去十到十五年,科技行业的人赚的钱相对于其他所有行业来说太多了,我觉得这在政治上会成为一个非常有趣的问题——这种裁员正在冲击一个规模大幅扩张但占整体就业比例仍然很小的行业。
But the amount of money everyone in tech has made relative to every other industry over the last ten to fifteen years, like, think that that's gonna be actually one of the more interesting things politically how this all plays out, I think, is that it's targeting this is causing a disruption in a sector that got a lot bigger, but it's still a small percentage of the overall kind of, like, employment in the economy.
所以,你认为人们会对此产生强烈反应或激烈抗议吗?还是说,就像我作为一个科技行业从业者要说的那样,由于这些公司长期以来一直如此运作,我很难为这件事感到特别难过。
So do do you think people will be as strongly reacting or up in arms around this, or it's gonna kinda be like and, again, I as someone who works in tech, I I'm saying this, that, like, it's just it it it's harder for me to be, like, that saddened by it given just how these companies have been able to operate for a long time.
我的意思是,如果你问我科技从业者是否会获得全国范围的同情,我不这么认为。
I mean, if if you're asking me whether there's gonna be an outpouring of national sympathy for tech workers, I don't believe so.
我的意思是,别忘了,这是一个许多人看到与自己社会经济地位不同的人失去房屋时反而庆祝帕利塞德斯火灾的国家。
I mean, this is remember, this is a country where many people celebrated the Palisades fire when they saw that there were people in a different socioeconomic status than them that lost their houses.
所以,至少目前我觉得我们并不是一个充满同理心的国家。
So I don't really feel like we're a nation of empathy right now at least.
我们本该是的,但我们不是。
We should be, but but we're not.
好吧。
Alright.
说到连锁危机,我们来谈谈这个。
Speaking of cascading crises, let's end with this.
我敢肯定你看过那封关于2028年全球情报危机的Citrini信件。
I'm sure you saw this Citrini letter talked about the twenty twenty eight global intelligence crises.
我会尽量把它概括一下。
I'll try to summarize it as best as I can.
基本上,这家研究公司——可能做空了,也可能没有,我不确定,但有人猜测他们做了空头——并且一些公司因为这封信股价暴跌,他们分析了如果生成式AI成功会怎样。
Basically, this research firm who may or may not have shorts, I don't know a 100%, but it's been speculated they do, and some of the companies that have tanked because of this letter, basically looked at what happened if Generator AI works.
他们写道,早在一开始就应该清楚,一个位于北达科他州的单张GPU生成了原本归功于曼哈顿中城1万名白领员工的成果,这更像是一场经济大流行,而非经济救星。
They write, it should have been clear all along that a single GPU in North Dakota generating the output previously, attributed to 10,000 white collar workers in Midtown Manhattan is more economic pandemic than economic panacea.
所以,他们基本上是在说,看看接下来会发生什么。
So, basically, they say, look what's gonna happen.
将会出现一个人类智能替代的恶性循环,人们会通过自动化取代工作岗位。
There's going to be a human intelligent displacement spiral where people will automate jobs away.
也许这就是那份杰克备忘录最终可能走向的糟糕情景。
Maybe this is kind of where that Jack memo, can can actually end up in the bad scenario.
对吧?
Right?
因为那样一来,人们就无法支付房贷了。
Because then you have people with their mortgages, they can't pay them.
股市下跌。
Stocks go down.
而我们的经济中有很大一部分,都建立在避免麻烦、不愿取消某些服务、不争议某些费用的基础上。
And then, you know, there's so much of, of our many large parts of our economy that are based off of, wanting to avoid annoyance, not wanting to cancel certain things, and not disputing certain fees.
这个代理出去后,就会取消这些服务并取消那些费用,突然间,消费者支出下降,经济增长放缓,而依赖这一切的私募股权就开始燃起大火。
The agent goes goes out and, you know, cancels these things and and takes down those fees, and then, all of a sudden consumer spending is down, growth is down, and private equity that depends on all this starts to go up in in flames.
他们甚至说,比如你可以自己开发配送应用,然后这些被取代的白领们就会去从事蓝领工作,而经济中根本就不再有岗位留下了。
And they even these these at you know, you can build your own delivery apps, for instance, and then all these displaced, white and so those businesses go away, and all these displaced white collar workers end up taking blue collar jobs, and there's just no, jobs left in the economy.
我觉得我已经把重点提炼出来了。
I think I boiled it down.
这大概就是他们的论点。
That's kind of the argument.
我想从我的语气中你就能听出来,我并不相信他们是对的。
I think you can tell by the tone of my voice, I'm not I'm not convinced that they're right here.
你对此有什么反应?
What was your reaction?
我对这篇文章的实际内容的反应,和我对它引发股市抛售的反应,是两回事。
So my reaction to the actual content of the piece, and then there's my reaction to, like, actually kind of, like, it causing a stock market sell off are two different things.
我觉得我不确定。
I think I don't know.
这是一篇很好的文章,写得很有意思。
I it was a good piece of it was, like, an interesting piece of writing.
它提出了这些问题,我觉得它试图为这种想法赋予某种价值,比如,如果我们被订阅制绑住了,就会忘记去想象。
It was, like like and it is it raises these kind of questions I thought were, like, trying to assign kind of, like, value to the idea like, if we're locked into subscriptions, we forget about like, imagine.
如果我告诉你,想象有一个代理能追踪你的Netflix、Disney+、Hulu,以及你对所有这些服务的使用情况,然后自动取消那些你没用的服务,那会怎么样?
If I if I tell you imagine you have an agent that is actually able to track your Netflix, Disney plus, Hulu, all of your utilization of those services, and then the ones you're not using, it goes and cancels them for you.
听起来挺不错的。
Like, that sounds pretty good.
对吧?
Right?
哦,我太想要这样的服务了。
Oh, I would love that.
是的。
Yeah.
但是
But
论点是这将引发连锁的经济问题。
the argument is that that will cause cascading economic problems.
但但但如果是这样,而这正是美国经济的基础,那对我来说比实际的解体更令人恐惧。
But but but this is where if that is the foundation of The US economy, that's the more terrifying part to me than the actual unwinding of it, if that's the case.
所以我认为这部分是,我不确定。
So I think that part of it is I I don't know.
这很有趣,就像它引发的那些问题一样。
It was it was interesting, just like the kind of questions it raised.
我看到很多争论,比如以DoorDash为例。
There's a lot of, like I saw arguments over, like, it using DoorDash as an as an example.
我实际上同意这个观点,虽然像《边缘》的读者们所知,我并不是DoorDash的忠实粉丝,但我认为在任何市场中,它都是最难被取代的。
And I actually do agree with the idea that that was, like and as not the biggest fan of DoorDash as readers of margins will know, I do think they're gonna be the hardest to displace out of any given it's a marketplace.
它涉及一些实体劳动的成分。
There's, like, physical labor elements of it.
所以我觉得这部分,确实存在明显的弱点。
So so I thought that part like, there's definitely weaknesses in it.
对我来说,这种可能引发连锁向下螺旋的情况,我真的觉得我不确定。
To me, the idea of some kind of, like, cascading potential just downward spiral here, I do think I don't know.
它呈现了一个相当连贯、有趣的叙事,实际上讲了一个好故事。
It it presented a pretty, like, interesting, consistent narrative that actually told a good story.
所以我理解它为什么会产生这样的影响。
So I see why it had the impact it did.
但我真的不确定。
But I don't know.
我对这个问题的个人观点是,我认为它实际上揭示了一个更有趣的问题:当前股市的状态,许多公司的估值长期朝同一个方向走,我认为这更多是暴露了人们对估值普遍的不安和担忧,而不是像AI会摧毁社会那样的说法。
My my hot take on this one is I think it raised actually a more interesting issue is that, again, the state of the current stock market, the valuations of a lot of companies have gone in the same direction for a very long time, and I think it is more unmasking just general unease and worries about valuations as opposed to it's like AI is gonna destroy society.
人们再次把它当作一个借口,去盲目抛售那些多年来账面上被大幅抬高的资产,但你就是感觉它们并没有那么值钱。
And people, again, it's an excuse to just kinda knee jerk sell things that you're sitting there on paper have just been marked up insanely over the last number of years, but you you just you don't feel it's actually value that valuable.
这就是我对此的理解。
That's kinda how I am reading it.
我喜欢这个观点。
I like that take.
我很喜欢这个观点。
I like that take a lot.
我想我们可能有点太一致了。
I think we're agreeing with each other a little too much then.
是的。
Yeah.
我知道。
I know.
因为这对我来说简直太贴切了。
Because that that feels, spot on to me.
而且,你知道,确实如此。
And, you know, it is this.
这周有人在CNBC问我类似的问题,我不得不引用《大事正在发生》那篇论文。
It's I was asked about version of this on CNBC this week, and I had to cite the something big is happening paper.
我觉得这正是它的本质。
I think this is kind of what it is.
有一种观点认为,正在发生一些重大的变化,事实上确实如此,但问题在于这种变化的规模究竟有多大,而人们本能地急于宣称:这些技术会夺走我们的工作、摧毁我们的经济。
There is this belief that something big is happening, it is, in a way, question is what the magnitude is, and there's this instinctive race to go and say, you know, it's gonna take our jobs and destroy our economy.
我对那篇论文唯一的问题是,它完全缺乏想象力。
The one issue that I had with that paper, and this is sort of my core issue, is it just wasn't imaginative at all.
它根本没有考虑到,那些被取代的人也有自己的梦想,而这些工具的出现,或许能帮助他们去实现新的追求,对吧?
It didn't think that somebody who's displaced has, like, any dreams of their own that they might go build now that these tools exist, right?
而且,人们觉得经济已经停滞不前。
And that the sort of felt the economy is stagnant.
我真心相信,如果这些工具真能如你所想的那样发挥作用,那么它们根本不会造成大规模的经济性失业。
I really believe that, like, if these tools work the way that you think that they're gonna work, then, you know, they're they're just not gonna cause vast economic displacement.
这是我特别反感的一句话。
Here's this is my this is the line that I really hated.
在各个方面,人工智能都超出了预期,而市场也围绕着人工智能展开,唯一的问题是经济没有跟上。
In every way AI was exceeding expectations and the market was AI, the only problem was the economy was not.
我只是觉得,如果人工智能真的超越了所有预期,那么经济将会因为人工智能而被激活,让人们比以往任何时候都能获得更大的成长。
I I just think that, like, you know, if if the AI exceeds all expectations, then the economy is gonna become, AI and and enable people to grow much more than they have previously.
所以经济将由AI驱动,经济将会增长。
And and so the economy will be AI, and the economy will grow.
这只是我的观点。
That's just my perspective.
是的。
Yeah.
你知道吗?
I do you know what?
我看到过一个数据,关于专业摄影师的数量,当时人们担心,一旦数码相机和手机摄像头出现,就会摧毁整个行业。
I I saw this stat around the number of professional photographers where there was worry that, like, once, like, first digital cameras and then phone cameras came out that it would come and destroy all the entire industry.
我想这就是杰文斯悖论在发挥作用。
I mean, I guess this is Jevan's paradox in action.
实际上,拍摄照片的门槛降低,反而在摄影相关产业中创造了巨大的新需求。
Whereas, like, actually, the, like, increase in access to taking photos created massive new demand in industries around photography.
这让我很好地理解了可能发生的事情。
And, like, it was actually this nice little encapsulation I felt around, like, what can happen?
突然间,现在每个人都需要专业水准的照片,而过去你可能根本不会太在意。
Like, suddenly, now everyone needs professional quality photos, or in the past, you wouldn't have cared as much.
因为你能在手机上拍照,这才催生了社交媒体。
And because you could take photos on your phone, it created social media.
不管这会对社会产生什么影响,那是另一个问题了。
And, like like, it the there is whatever that means for society, that's another question.
但确实有这样一个观点,或者说,这在过去二十年里,为我们提供了一个非常清晰的例证:原本看似纯粹的灾难,实际上却以一种积极而意想不到的方式转变了?
But, like, there there's that argument that or it it was, like, a really nice simple picture of in the last twenty years of our our lifetime, seeing something that could have been pure doom actually turning into something, like, in a positive unexpected way?
就是这样。
That's it.
我的意思是,如果你认为一切事物都是静止不变的,人们不想做新事情、不想成长,或者对现状感到满足,那你就会相信西特里尼的论文。
I mean, if you think that everything is static and that people don't wanna do new things or grow or they're satisfied with whatever they're doing, then you believe the Citrini paper.
如果你不这么认为,如果你相信经济增长、经济在变化,人们会找到新的事情去做,那你就不会相信它。
If you don't, if you believe that there's growth and the economy changes and people find new things to do, then you don't believe it.
事实上,这是来自西岱尔的反驳:Indeed 上发布的软件开发岗位数量,远远超过了整体职位发布量的百分比增长。
And in fact, this is from Citadel which wrote a rebuttal: the number of software developer jobs being posted on Indeed is far outpacing the total number of, job posting in terms of overall, in terms of percentage growth.
这说明了一切你需要知道的。
So that says everything you need to know.
如果AI现在能比这么多人写代码都好,那为什么软件工程岗位反而增长得更快呢?
If AI AI is able to code much better than so many people now, why are software engineering jobs, you know, outpacing the rest?
当你有了这些工具,能够更高效地工作时,你就能做以前做不到的事情。
It's just that when you have these tools and you're able to be more productive, you're able to do the things that you couldn't do previously.
所以你自然想去做这些事,不会因为有了这些工具就缩成一根玉米棒,说‘我干完了’。
And so you wanna do them, And you don't shrink into a corncob and say I'm done because of these things.
这就是为什么像Citrini这样的论文让我恼火,它们根本缺乏想象力,对世界如何运转的理解也不现实,只会制造恐惧,而恐惧能带来点击量。
And that's why these papers like this, the Citrini paper annoy me, because they just don't have any imaginative thought and they're not realistic about the world work the way the world works, and they they, you know, scare people and the fear translates into clicks.
天啊,我现在对它们的批评可能有点严厉,但我还是坚持这么说,因为在我看来,这简直是错误至极的做法。
And, God, I guess I'm being very harsh on them right now, but I'll I'll I'll keep with it, like, just seems to me to be the worst way to do it.
我认为更糟糕的做法是,认为股市现在如此脆弱,以至于一篇AI科幻类的想象论文就能引发抛售——这简直让人难以置信。
And I think the other worst way to do things is the idea that the stock market is so brittle right now that an AI sci fi imaginative paper can cause a sell off is still get a handle, everybody.
拜托,股市,清醒点吧。
Come on come on, stock market.
没关系。
It's okay.
就是,对。
Just Yeah.
在这儿喘口气吧。
Take a take a breather here.
我的意思是,如果真有人不该对股市感到恐慌,那肯定是我们,毕竟市场对任何一点消息都反应得相当冷静。
I mean, if anyone shouldn't be freaking out at the stock market, we know that the market reacts so coolly to any to any bit of stuff.
放松点,该死的。
Relax, goddamn it.
别搞什么Substack。
Just not a substack.
别搞什么Substack。
Not a substack.
别他娘的搞Substack。
Not a freaking substack.
显然,Substack已经出局了。
Obviously, substack was out.
我会说,我们推动了市场。
I'd be like, we moved the market.
这就是你想推动市场的方式吗?
It's like, is this the way you wanna move the market?
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
我不这么认为。
I don't think so.
好吧。
Alright.
我们收拾一下回家吧,冷静一下,下周再回来,希望到时候世界还在。
Let's pack it up and go home, and we'll we'll cool off and come back next week, and hopefully, the world will still be standing.
这听起来是个好计划吗?
Does that sound like a good plan?
我希望是这样。
I think I hope so.
下周见。
I'll see you next week.
好的。
Alright.
下周见。
See you next week.
感谢大家收听,我们下次再见,欢迎收听《大科技播客》。
Thank you everyone for listening, and we'll see you next time on Big Technology Podcast.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。