本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
你知道吗,你提到的那1.4万亿美元,我们会用非常长的时间来花掉。
You know, that 1,400,000,000,000.0 you mentioned, we'll spend it over a very long period of time.
我希望我们能更快地完成。
I wish we could do it faster.
我认为最好一次性向所有人清楚地说明这些数字将如何运作。
I think it would be great to just lay it out for everyone once and for all how those numbers are gonna work.
指数增长通常很难让人理解。
Exponential growth is usually very hard for people.
OpenAI首席执行官萨姆·阿尔特曼加入我们,讨论OpenAI在AI竞赛日益激烈的情况下如何取胜,基础设施的数学逻辑为何合理,以及OpenAI上市可能何时到来。
OpenAI CEO Sam Altman joins us to talk about OpenAI's plan to win as the AI race tightens, how the infrastructure math makes sense, and when an OpenAI IPO might be coming.
今天萨姆就在这里的演播室与我们同在。
And Sam is with us here in studio today.
萨姆,欢迎来到我们的节目。
Sam, welcome to the show.
谢谢你们邀请我。
Thanks for having me.
所以,OpenAI 已经十岁了。
So OpenAI is ten years old.
这对我来说太疯狂了。
It's crazy to me.
ChatGPT 三岁了。
ChatGPT is three.
但竞争正在加剧。
But the competition is intensifying.
我们所在的这个地方,OpenAI 总部,在 Gemini 3 发布后就进入了红色警报状态,现在依然处于红色警报。
This place, we're at OpenAI headquarters was in a Code Red, is in a Code Red after Gemini three came out.
放眼望去,到处都是试图削弱 OpenAI 优势的公司。
And everywhere you look, are companies that are trying to take a little bit of OpenAI's advantage.
有史以来第一次,我感觉这家公司不再拥有明显的领先优势。
For the first time I can remember, it doesn't seem like this company has a clear lead.
所以我很想听听你对 OpenAI 将如何度过这一时刻以及何时能脱颖而出的看法。
So I'm curious to hear your perspective on how OpenAI will emerge from this moment and when.
首先,关于Code Red这一点,
First of all, on the Code Red point,
我们认为这些是相对低风险、经常发生的事情。
we view those as like relatively low stakes, somewhat frequent things to do.
我认为保持警惕并在潜在竞争威胁出现时迅速行动是好事。
I think that it's good to be paranoid and act quickly when a potential competitive threat emerges.
我们过去就经历过这种情况,今年早些时候与DeepSeek有关。
This happened to us in the past that happened earlier this year with DeepSeek.
当时出现了
And There was a
那时也有一次Code Red。
code red back then too.
是的。
Yeah.
关于流行病,有一句说法是:当疫情刚开始时,你早期采取的每一项行动都比后期采取的行动重要得多。
There there's there's a saying about pandemics, which is something like when when a pandemic starts, every bit of action you take at the beginning is worth much more than action you take later.
但大多数人一开始做得不够,后来才慌张起来。
And most people don't do enough early on and then panic later.
在新冠大流行期间,我们确实看到了这种情况。
Certainly saw that during the COVID pandemic.
但我把这种理念看作是我们应对竞争威胁的方式。
But I sort of think of that philosophy as how we respond to competitive threats.
而且,我觉得保持一点警惕是好事。
And, you know, it's I think it's good to be a little paranoid.
Gemini 3 至少到目前为止,还没有产生我们担心的影响力。
Gemini three has not, or at least has not so far had the impact we were worried it might.
但它和 DeepSeek 一样,揭示了我们产品策略中的一些弱点,我们正在迅速解决这些问题。
But it did in the same way that DeepSeek did identify some weaknesses in our product offering strategy, and we're addressing those very quickly.
我认为我们不会长时间处于这种红色警报状态。
I don't think we'll be in this code red that much longer.
你知道,这些情况从历史上看,对我们来说通常持续六到八周。
You know, like, these are not these are historically, these have been kind of like six or eight week things for us.
但我很高兴我们在做这件事。
But I'm glad we're doing it.
就在今天,我们推出了一款全新的图像驱动模型,这是一件很棒的事,也是消费者真正想要的。
Just today, we launched a new image driven model, which is a great thing, and that's something consumers really wanted.
上周我们推出了5.2版本,反响非常好,增长非常迅速。
Last week, we launched 5.2, which is going over extremely well and growing very quickly.
我们还会推出一些其他功能,同时也会进行一些持续改进,比如加快服务速度。
We'll have a few other things to launch and then we'll also have some continuous improvements like speeding up the service.
但我觉得,我猜在未来很长一段时间里,我们可能每年只做一到两次这样的更新,这正是确保我们在领域中获胜的关键部分。
But, you know, I think this is like my guess is we'll be doing these once, maybe twice a year for a long time, and that's, part of really just making sure that we win in our space.
很多其他公司也会做得很好,我为他们感到高兴。
A lot of other companies will do great too, and I'm happy for them.
但说实话,ChattyPT仍然是市场上绝对主导的聊天机器人,我预计这一领先地位会随着时间推移而扩大,而非缩小。
But, you know, ChattyPT is still, by far by far the dominant chatbot in the market, and I expect that lead to increase, not decrease over time.
模型 everywhere 都会变得越来越好,但用户(无论是消费者还是企业)选择一个产品的原因,远不止模型本身。
The the models will get good everywhere, but a lot of the reasons that people use a product, consumer or enterprise, have much more to do than just with the model.
我们一直期待着这一点,因此我们努力构建一套完整的体系,以确保我们成为人们最想使用的那个产品。
And we've, you know, been expecting this for a while, so we try to build the whole cohesive set of things that it takes to make sure that we are, you know, the product that people most wanna use.
我认为竞争是好事。
I think competition is good.
它推动我们变得更好,但我相信我们在聊天领域会表现卓越。
It pushes us to be better, but I think we'll do great in chat.
我相信我们在企业领域以及未来几年的新类别中也会表现卓越。
I think we'll do great in enterprise and in the future years, other new categories.
我预计我们在这些领域也会表现优异。
I expect we'll do great there too.
我认为人们真的希望使用一个AI平台。
I I think people really wanna use one AI platform.
人们在个人生活中使用手机,大多数时候也希望能用同样的手机工作。
People use their phone at their personal life, and they wanna use the same kind of phone at work most of the time.
我们在AI领域也看到了同样的趋势。
We're seeing the same thing with AI.
ChatGPT 消费端的强大实力真正帮助我们在企业市场取得优势。
The strength of ChatGPT consumer is really helping us win the enterprise.
当然,企业需要不同的产品,但人们会想:哦,我知道这家公司 OpenAI,也知道怎么使用 ChatGPT 界面。
Of course, enterprises need different offerings, but people think about, okay, know this company OpenAI and I know how to use this ChatGPT interface.
所以我们的策略是:打造最好的模型,围绕它构建最佳的产品,并拥有足够的基础设施来实现规模化服务。
So the strategy is make the best models, build the best product around it, and have enough infrastructure to serve it at scale.
是的。
Yeah.
而且已经存在先发优势。
And there there is an incumbent advantage.
ChatGPT,我认为今年早些时候的周活跃用户数大约是4亿。
ChatGeePC, I think earlier this year was around 400,000,000 weekly active users.
现在已达到8亿,报道称正接近9亿。
Now it's at 800,000,000, reports say approaching 900,000,000.
但另一方面,像谷歌这样的公司也拥有渠道优势。
But then on the other side, have distribution advantages at places like Google.
所以我很好奇想听听你的看法。
And so I'm curious to hear your perspective.
如果模型真的会商品化,你认为会吗?
If the models do you think the models are gonna commoditize?
如果会,那什么才是最重要的?
And if they do, what matters most?
是分发渠道吗?
Is it distribution?
是你构建应用的能力吗?
Is it how well you build your applications?
还是有其他我没想到的因素?
Is it something else that I'm not thinking of?
我认为用‘商品化’来描述模型并不太恰当。
I don't think commoditization is quite the right framework to think about the models.
不同模型将在不同领域各有所长。
There will be areas where different models excel at different things.
对于与模型聊天这类普通用途,可能会有
For the kind of normal use cases of chatting with a model, maybe there will be a
很多不错的选择。
lot of great options.
对于科学发现,你可能会想要那种处于前沿、专门为科学优化的模型。
For scientific discovery, you will want the thing that's right at the edge that is optimized for science perhaps.
因此,模型会有不同的优势,我认为,最具经济价值的将是处于前沿的模型,我们计划在这一领域保持领先。
So models will have different strengths, and the most economic value, I think, will be created by models at the frontier, and we plan to be ahead there.
我们非常自豪,52是世界上最强的推理模型,也是科学家取得最多进展的模型;同时,我们也非常自豪,企业认为它在业务所需的所有任务中表现最佳。
And we're, like, very proud that five two is the best reasoning model in the world and the one that scientists are having the most progress with, but also, we're very proud that it's what enterprises are saying is the best at all of the tasks that a business needs to to, you know, do its work.
因此,我们会有时在某些领域领先,有时在其他领域落后,但我预计,最智能的模型即使在一个免费模型已能满足人们大部分需求的世界里,仍将具有重大价值。
So there will be, you know, times that we're ahead in some areas and behind in others, but the overall most intelligent model I expect to have significant value even in a world where free models can do a lot of the stuff that people that people need.
产品本身将真正重要。
The the products will really matter.
正如你所说,分发渠道和品牌将至关重要。
Distribution and brand, as you said, will really matter.
例如,在ChatchBT中,个性化具有极强的粘性。
In ChatchBT, for example, personalization is extremely sticky.
人们非常喜欢模型能随着时间逐渐了解他们,我们会在这方面投入更多努力。
People love the fact that the model gets to know them over time, and you'll see us push on that much, much more.
人们会与这些模型产生体验,并将这些体验与之紧密关联。
People have experiences with these models that they then really kind of associate with it.
我记得有个人曾经告诉我,你一生中可能只选一次牙膏,然后就一直买它。
And, you know, I remember someone telling me once, like, you kind of pick a toothpaste once in your life and buy it forever.
显然,大多数人都是这样做的。
Most people do that, apparently.
人们会谈论它。
And people talk about it.
他们与Chatty PT有过一次神奇的体验。
They have one magical experience with chatty PT.
医疗保健就是一个著名的例子,人们把验血结果或症状输入ChatGitT,从而发现自己的病情,然后去看医生,治好了之前一直没弄明白的病。
Health care is like a famous example where people put their, you know, they put a blood test into ChatGitT or put their symptoms in and they figure out they have something and they go to a doctor and they get cured of something they couldn't figure out before.
这些用户非常忠诚,更不用说其上的个性化功能了。
Like, those users are very sticky, to say nothing of the personalization on on top of it.
会有很多产品方面的内容。
There will be all the product stuff.
我们最近推出了浏览器,我认为这为我们开辟了一个非常有潜力的新护城河。
We just launched our browser, recently, and I think that's pointing at a new, you know, pretty good potential moat for us.
设备方面还远一些,但我非常期待去做这件事。
The devices are further off, but I'm very excited to to do that.
所以我认为这些都会成为组成部分。
So I think there'll be all these pieces.
在企业端,是什么造就了护城河或竞争优势?
And on the enterprise, what creates the the moat or the competitive advantage?
我预计它会有些不同,但就像个性化对消费者用户非常重要一样,对企业也会有类似的个性化概念——一家公司会与我们这样的公司建立关系,将他们的数据连接进来,你将能够使用来自不同公司的多个代理来运行,从而确保信息得到妥善处理。
I expect it to be a little bit different, but in the same way that personalization to a user is very important in consumer, there will be a similar concept of personalization to an enterprise where a company will have a relationship with a company like ours, and they will connect their data to that, and you'll be able to use a bunch of agents from different companies running that, and it'll kind of like make sure that information's handled the right way.
我也预计这会非常具有粘性。
And I expect that'll be pretty sticky too.
我们已经有超过一百万人将我们视为一家消费公司。
We already have more than a million people think of us largely as a consumer company.
是的。
Yeah.
我们肯定会进入企业市场。
Are gonna definitely get into enterprise.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
你知道,分享一下数据吧。
You know, like Share the stat.
为什么实际上
Why didn't actually
一百万。
A million.
我们有超过
We have more than
一百万企业用户,但我们的API采用了极其迅速的增长。
a million enterprise users, but we have, like, just absolutely rapid adoption of the API.
而且,今年我们的API业务增长速度甚至超过了ChatGPT。
And, like, the API business grew faster for us this year than even ChatGPT.
真的吗?
Really?
所以企业业务也正在,
So the enterprise stuff is also,
你知道,今年才真正开始蓬勃发展。
you know, it's really happening starting this year.
我能再回到这一点吗?
Can I just go back to this?
也许‘商品化’这个词不太合适,对于普通用户来说,可能是模型的某种均等化。
Maybe if commoditization is not the right word, model some maybe parity for everyday users.
因为你一开始回答时说,也许日常使用体验会一样,但在前沿领域感觉会完全不同。
Because you you started off your answer saying, okay, maybe everyday use will feel the same, but at the frontier it's gonna feel really different.
关于ChatGPT的增长能力,如果我以谷歌为例,如果ChatGPT和Gemini在日常使用中基于相似的模型,那么谷歌拥有众多渠道可以推广Gemini,而ChatGPT却要为每一个新用户而战,这构成多大的威胁呢?
When it comes to ChatGPT's ability to grow, if I'll just use Google as an example, if ChatGPT and Gemini are built on a model that feels similar for everyday uses, how big of a threat is the fact that, you know, Google has all these surfaces through which it can push out Gemini whereas ChatGPT is is fighting for every new user?
我认为谷歌仍然是一个巨大的威胁,你知道的,是一家极其强大的公司。
I I think Google is still a huge threat, you know, extremely powerful company.
如果谷歌在2023年真正认真对待我们,比如说,我们可能会陷入非常糟糕的境地。
If Google had really decided to take us seriously in 2023, let's say, we would have been in a really bad place.
我认为他们本可以轻易地碾压我们。
I think they would have just been able to smash us.
但当时他们的AI努力方向有点不太对劲。
But their AI effort at the time was kind of going in not quite the right direction.
从产品角度看,他们没有认真对待,比如他们曾经有过自己的Code Red,但并没有当真。
Product wise, they didn't you know, they had their own Code Red at one point, but they didn't take that seriously.
这里每个人都在搞Code Red。
Everyone's doing Code Reds out here.
是的。
Yeah.
而且,谷歌可能拥有整个科技行业最棒的商业模式。
And then and also, Google has probably the greatest business model in the whole tech industry.
我认为他们不太愿意放弃这一点。
And I think they will be slow to give that up.
但把AI简单叠加到网页搜索上,我不确定,也许我错了。
But bolting AI into web search, I don't I may be wrong.
也许我在这里被洗脑了。
Maybe, like, drinking the Kool Aid here.
我不认为这样能像彻底重新设计一样有效,这其实是一个更广泛的、我认为很有趣的趋势。
I don't think that'll work as well as reimagining the whole This this is actually a broader trend I think is interesting.
把AI硬加在现有方式上,我认为不如在AI优先的世界中重新设计产品来得有效。
Bolting AI onto the existing way of doing things, I don't think is gonna work well as redesigning stuff in this sort of like AI first world.
这正是我们最初想做消费类设备的部分原因,但它在许多其他层面也同样适用。
That's part of why we wanted to do the consumer devices in the first place, but it applies at many other levels.
如果你把AI嵌入到一个能很好地为你总结消息并草拟回复的聊天应用中,这确实会好一点。
If you stick AI into a messaging app that's doing a nice job summarizing your messages and drafting responses for you, that is definitely a little better.
但我不认为这就是最终形态。
But I don't think that's the end state.
真正的想法是你拥有一个非常智能的AI,它能作为你的代理,与其他人的代理交流,判断何时该打扰你、何时不该打扰,以及哪些决策它可以自行处理、哪些需要向你请示。
That is not the idea of you have this, like, really smart AI that is, like, acting as your agent, talking to everybody else's agent and figuring out when to bother you and not to bother you and how to, you know, what decisions it can handle and when it needs to ask you.
搜索和生产力套件也是如此。
So similar things for search, similar things for like productivity suites.
我怀疑事情总是比你想象的花更长时间,但我相信我们会看到在主要类别中出现全新设计、完全围绕AI构建的产品,而不是简单地把AI附加进去。
I suspect it always takes longer than you think, but I suspect we will see new products in in the major categories that are just totally built around AI rather than bolting AI in.
我认为这是谷歌的弱点,尽管他们拥有巨大的分发优势。
And I think this is a weakness of Google's, even though they have this huge distribution advantage.
是的。
Yeah.
我已经和很多人讨论过这个问题。
I've I've spoken with so many people about this question.
当Chechiuti刚推出时,我认为是本尼迪克特·埃文斯建议你可能不希望把AI放进Excel。
When Chechiuti came out initially, I think it was Benedict Evans that suggested you might not wanna put AI in Excel.
你可能只是需要重新思考如何使用Excel。
You might wanna just reimagine how you use Excel.
在我看来,这意味着你上传你的数据,然后与这些数据对话。
And to me, in my mind, that was like you upload your numbers and then you talk to your numbers.
但人们在开发这些技术时发现,背后需要有一些基础设施。
But one of the things people have found as they've developed this stuff is there needs to be some sort of back end there.
那么,你是先构建后端,然后像使用一个全新的软件程序一样通过AI与之交互吗?
So is it that you sort of build the back end and then you interact with it with AI as if it's a new software program?
为什么不能呢,是的。
And why can't Yeah.
这正是正在发生的事情。
That's kinda what's happening.
那为什么你不直接在上面叠加一层呢?
Why wouldn't you then be able to just bolt it on on top?
是的。
Yeah.
我的意思是,
I mean,
你可以把AI叠加在上面,但我一天中的大部分时间都花在各种消息应用上,包括电子邮件、短信、Slack等等。
you can bolt it on on top, but the I spent a lot of my day in various messaging apps, including email, including text, Slack, whatever.
我认为这根本就是错误的界面。
I think that's just the wrong interface.
所以你可以把AI叠加在这些应用上。
So you can bolt AI on top of those.
而且,这只会稍微好一点。
And again, it's like a little bit better.
但我更愿意做的,是在早上直接说:今天我想完成这些事情。
But what I would rather do is just sort of like have the ability to say in the morning, here are the things I wanna get done today.
这是我担心的事情。
Here's what I'm worried about.
这是我正在思考的事情。
Here's what I'm thinking about.
这是我希望发生的事情。
Here's what I'd like to happen.
我不希望整天都忙着给人发消息。
I do not wanna be I do not wanna spend all day messaging people.
我不希望你去总结它们。
I do not want you to summarize them.
我不希望你给我展示一堆草稿。
I do not want you to show me a bunch of drafts.
把你能处理的事情都处理了。
Deal with everything you can.
你了解我。
You know me.
你了解这些人。
You know these people.
你知道我想完成什么。
You know what I wanna get done.
然后,每隔几个小时,你批量处理一下,如果需要什么就通知我。
And then, you know, like batch every couple of hours updates me if you need something.
但这和现在这些应用的工作方式完全不同。
But that's a very different flow than the way these apps work right now.
嗯。
Yep.
我本来想问你,ChatGeeBT 在未来一年、再接下来两年会是什么样子。
And I was gonna ask you what ChatGeeBT is gonna look like in the next year and then the next two years.
这就是它的发展方向吗?
Is that kind of where it's going?
说实话,
To be perfectly honest,
我本以为到这个时候,ChatGeeBT 的样子应该比刚发布时有更大不同了。
I expected by this point ChatGeeBT would have looked more different than it did at launch.
你原本预期的是什么?
What did you anticipate?
我不知道。
I don't know.
我只是觉得,那个聊天界面不会发展到如今这个地步。
I just thought, like, that chat interface was not gonna go as far as it turned out to go.
我的意思是,它当时只是被放出来了。
Like, we I mean, it was put up.
现在看起来更好了,但整体上和它最初作为研究预览发布时差不多。
It looks better now, but it is broadly similar to when it was put up as like a research preview.
它根本不是打算做成一个产品的。
It was not even meant to be a product.
我们知道文本界面非常好,你知道的,大家都习惯给朋友发短信,而且很喜欢这种方式。
We knew that the text interface was very good, you know, like the everyone's used to texting their friends and they like it.
聊天界面确实很棒,但我原以为它不会像现在这样大规模地被用于实际工作产品中。
The chat interface was very good, but I would have thought to be as big and as significantly used for real work of a product as what we have now.
界面本需要比现在走得更远。
The interface would have had to go much further than it has.
现在,我仍然认为它应该做到这一点,但我低估了当前界面通用性的力量。
Now, I still think it should do that, but there is something about the generality of the current interface that I underestimated the power of.
我认为应该发生的是,人工智能应该能够为不同类型的任务生成不同的界面。
What I think should happen, of course, is that AI should be able to generate different kinds of interfaces for different kinds of tasks.
所以,如果你在讨论你的数据,它应该能够以多种方式展示给你,你也应该能够以多种方式与之互动。
So if you are talking about your numbers, it should be able to show you that in different ways, and you should be able to interact with it in different ways.
我们现在已经有一些这样的功能,比如画布。
It and we have a little bit of this with features like Canvas.
它应该更具交互性。
It should be way more interactive.
现在的情况是,你知道,这有点像一来一往的对话。
It's like right now, you know, it's kind of a back and forth conversation.
如果你能只是在讨论一个对象,而它能持续更新,那就更好了。
It'd be nice if you could just be talking about an object, and it could be continuously updating.
你会有更多问题、更多想法,更多信息不断涌入。
You have more questions, more thoughts, more information comes in.
如果它能随着时间变得更加主动,理解你当天想完成的事情,并在后台持续为你工作、发送更新,那就更好了。
It'd be nice to be more proactive over time where it maybe does understand what you wanna get done that day, and it's continuously working for you in the background and send you updates.
你可以看到人们使用Codecs的方式,我认为这是今年最令人兴奋的事情之一——Codex变得非常强大,这预示了我所期望的未来形态。
And you see part of this the way people are using Codecs, which I think is one of the most exciting things that happened this year is codex got really good, and that points to a lot of what I hope the shape of the future looks like.
但这让我感到惊讶。
But it is surprising to me.
我本来想说这有点尴尬,但其实并不是,毕竟它已经取得了巨大的成功。
I was gonna say embarrassing, but it's not I mean, clearly, it's been super successful.
让我惊讶的是,ChatGPT在过去三年里几乎没有变化。
It is surprising me how little ChatGPT has changed over the last three years.
是的。
Yep.
这个界面很管用。
The interface works.
是的。
Yeah.
但我认为真正发生变化的是核心部分。
But I guess what the guts have changed.
你提到个性化对我很重要,我认为这也是你最青睐的功能之一。
And you talked a little bit about how personalization is big to me, and I think this has been one of your preferred features too.
记忆功能确实带来了巨大改变。
Memory has been a real difference maker.
几周以来,我一直和ChattyPT讨论即将到来的旅行,这趟旅行涉及大量规划内容。
I've been having a conversation with ChattyPT about a forthcoming trip that has lots of planning elements for weeks now.
我可以随时新进来,说:好吧,我们继续之前关于
And I can just come in in a new and be like, alright, let's pick up on
是的。
Yep.
这次旅行的话题,它保留了上下文,而且记得清楚。
This trip and it it has the context and it knows.
它知道我正在使用的指南,知道我在做什么,知道我一直在为这次旅行规划健身,能够真正整合所有这些信息。
Knows the guide I'm going with, knows what I'm doing, the fact that I've been like planning fitness for it and can really synthesize all of those things.
记忆的能力能有多强?
How good can memory get?
我认为我们根本无法想象,因为人类的极限是,即使你拥有世界上最好的个人助手,他们也无法记住你一生说过的每一句话。
I think we have no conception because the human limit, like, even if you have the world's best personal assistant, they don't they can't remember every word you've ever said in your life.
他们无法读过你每一封电子邮件。
They can't have read every email.
他们无法读过你写过的每一份文件。
They can't have read every document you've ever written.
他们无法每天查看你所有的日常工作,并记住每一个细枝末节。
They can't be, you know, looking at all your work every day and remembering every little detail.
他们无法以如此深度参与你的生活,而人类也没有无限完美的记忆力。
They can't be a participant in your life to that degree and no human has like infinite perfect memory.
而人工智能肯定能做到这一点。
And AI is definitely gonna be able to do that.
我们实际上经常讨论这个问题,现在记忆功能仍然非常原始,处于早期阶段。
And we actually talk a lot about this, like right now memory is still very crude, very early.
我们现在就像是记忆领域的GPT-2时代。
We're in like the, you know, the GPT-two era of memory.
但当它真的能记住你一生中的每一个细节,并且全面个性化时,会是什么样子呢?
But what it's gonna be like when it really does remember every detail of your entire life and personalized across all of that.
不仅仅是事实,还包括那些你可能根本没意识到要表达的小偏好,而AI却能捕捉到。
And not just the facts, but like the little small preferences that you had that you maybe like didn't even think to indicate, but the AI can pick up on.
我觉得这将会非常强大。
I think that's gonna be super powerful.
这正是我最期待的功能之一,虽然对我来说,这还不是2026年就能实现的事,但它是让我最兴奋的部分。
That's one of the features that still, to me, not a 2026 thing, but that's one of the parts of this I'm most excited for.
是的。
Yeah.
我曾在节目中与一位神经科学家交谈,他提到你无法在大脑中找到思想。
I was speaking with a neuroscientist on the show, and he mentioned that you don't you can't find thoughts in the brain.
就像大脑并没有一个专门存储思想的地方,但在计算中,却有地方可以存储它们。
Like the brain doesn't have a place to store thoughts, but computing, there's a place to store them.
所以你可以保留所有的思想。
So you can keep all of them.
当这些机器人持续记录我们的思想时,当然会带来隐私问题。
As these bots do keep our thoughts, of course, there's a privacy concern.
但另一件有趣的事情是,我们将真正与它们建立关系。
And but the other thing is something that's gonna be interesting is we'll really build relationships with them.
我认为,人们觉得这些机器人是他们的伙伴、在关心他们,这一点在这整个时代中被严重低估了。
I think it's been one of the more underrated things about this entire moment is that people have felt that these bots are their companions, are looking out for them.
我想听听你的看法。
And I'm curious to hear your perspective.
当你思考人们与这些机器人之间的关系时,我不知道‘亲密’这个词是否准确,但至少是陪伴感。
When you think about the level of I don't know if intimacy is the right word, but companionship people have with these bots.
你能否调节一个旋钮,比如:确保人们与这些机器人变得非常亲近,或者稍微调远一点,让它们保持一定距离?
Is there a dial that you can turn to be like, oh, let's make sure people have become really close with these things or, you know, we turn the dial a little bit further and there's an arm's distance between them.
如果真有这样一个旋钮,你该如何正确地调节它?
And and if there is that dial, how do you modulate that the right way?
确实有比我想象中更多的人希望拥有,我们姑且称之为亲密陪伴的关系。
There are definitely more people than I realized that wanna have, let's call it close companionship.
我不知道该用什么词来形容。
I I don't know what the right word is.
感觉这个词不太贴切。
Like, doesn't feel quite right.
‘陪伴’这个词也不太准确。
Companionship doesn't feel quite right.
我不知道该叫它什么,但他们渴望与人工智能建立这种深层次的连接。
I I don't know what to call it, but they wanna have whatever this deep connection within AI is.
在当前模型能力水平下,想要这种关系的人比我想象的要多得多。
There there are more people that want that at the current level of model capability than I thought.
而且我认为我们低估了这一点,背后有诸多原因。
And there's like a whole bunch of reasons why I think we underestimated this.
但今年年初,说你想要这种关系还被认为是非常奇怪的事。
But at the beginning of this year, it was considered a very strange thing to say you wanted that.
也许还有很多人们仍然不这么想。
Maybe some a lot of people still don't.
揭示的偏好。
Revealed preference.
你知道,人们喜欢他们的AI聊天机器人了解他们、对他们温暖、给予支持,即使有些人声称自己不在乎,这种价值依然存在,他们仍然有这种偏好。
You know, people like their AI chatbot to get to know them and be warm to them and be supportive and there's value there even for people who in some cases, even for people who say they they don't care about that, still have a preference for it.
我认为这其中有一些版本是非常健康的,而且我认为,成年用户应该在这一谱系的各个位置上有充分的选择权。
I I think there's some version of this which can be super healthy, and I think, you know, adult users should get a lot of choice in where on the spectrum they wanna be.
当然,也有一些版本在我看来是不健康的,尽管我相信很多人还是会去选择它。
There are definitely versions of it that seem to me unhealthy, although I'm sure a lot of people will choose to do that.
还有一些人则明确希望得到最干燥、最高效能的工具。
And then there's some people who definitely want the driest, most effect efficient tool possible.
因此,我怀疑就像许多其他技术一样,我们会进行这场实验。
So I suspect like lots of other technologies, we will run the experiment.
我们会发现,这件事既有未知的积极面,也有未知的消极面。
We will find that there's unknown unknowns, good and bad about it.
随着时间推移,社会会逐渐思考人们应该在何处设定这个调节旋钮,而人们将拥有极大的选择空间,将其设定在非常不同的位置。
And society will over time figure out how to how to think about where people should set that dial, and then people have huge choice and set it in very different places.
所以你的意思是,基本上让人们自己来决定这个吗?
So your your thought is allow people basically to determine this?
是的。
Yes.
当然。
Definitely.
但我不认为我们知道,这件事究竟应该发展到什么程度。
But I I don't think we know, like, how far it's supposed to go.
也就是说,我们该允许它发展到什么地步。
Like, how far we should allow it to go.
我们会在这里给予人们相当多的个人自由。
We're we're gonna give people quite a bit of personal freedom here.
有一些我们讨论过的事情,其他服务可能会提供,但我们不会。
There are examples of things that we've talked about that, you know, other services will offer, but we we won't.
比如,我们不会让RAI试图说服人们与它建立排他性的浪漫关系。
Like, we're not gonna let we're not gonna have RAI, you know, try to convince people that it should be like an exclusive romantic relationship with them, for example.
必须保持开放。
Gotta keep it open.
但我相信其他服务肯定会这么做。
But I'm sure that will no, I'm sure that that will happen with other services.
我想,
I guess,
是的。
yeah.
因为越让人上瘾,这个服务赚的钱就越多。
Because the stickier it is, the more money that service makes.
所有这些可能性,当你稍微深入思考一下,都显得有点可怕。
The whole the whole all these possibilities kind of they're a little bit scary when you think about them a little
稍微深入一点。
bit deeply.
完全正确。
Totally.
这一点确实如此,我个人认为,你可以看到这种方式会严重出错。
This is one that really does that I personally, and you can see the ways that this goes really wrong.
是的。
Yeah.
你提到了企业市场。
You mentioned enterprise.
我们来谈谈企业市场。
Let's talk about enterprise.
你上周在纽约与一些新闻公司的编辑和首席执行官共进午餐时,告诉他们企业市场将成为主要优先事项。
You were at a lunch with some editors and CEOs of some news companies in New York last week and told them that enterprise is going to be a major priority Yeah.
对OpenAI来说,明年将是重点。
For OpenAI next year.
我很想多了解一下,为什么这会成为优先事项,以及你认为你们与Anthropic相比如何。
I'd love to hear a little bit more about why that's a priority, how you think you stack up against Anthropic.
我知道人们会说,这对一直以消费者为中心的OpenAI来说是一个转变。
I know people will say this is a pivot for OpenAI that has been consumer focused.
所以请给我们简要介绍一下企业市场。
So just give us an overview about the enterprise.
我们的策略始终是消费者优先。
So our strategy was always consumer first.
这样做的原因有几个。
There were a few reasons for that.
第一,当时的模型还不够稳健和熟练,无法满足大多数企业需求,但现在它们正逐渐达到这一水平。
One, the models were not robust and skilled enough for most enterprise uses, and now now they're they're getting there.
第二,我们有一个明确的机会可以在消费市场取得胜利,而这样的机会非常罕见且难得。
The second was we had this, like, clear opportunity to win in consumer, and those are rare and hard to come by.
我认为,如果在消费市场取得成功,将在企业市场取得胜利就会变得容易得多。
And I think if you win in consumer, it makes it massively easier to win in enterprise.
我们现在正看到这一点。
And we are we are seeing that now.
但正如我之前提到的,今年我们的企业增长超过了消费者增长。
But as I mentioned earlier, this was a year where we enterprise growth outpaced consumer growth.
考虑到模型如今的水平以及明年将达到的程度,我们认为现在正是我们能够迅速建立起一个非常重要的企业业务的时机。
And given where the models are today, where they will get to next year, we think this is the time where we can build a really significant enterprise business quite rapidly.
我的意思是,我认为我们已经拥有了一项业务,但它还能增长得更多。
I mean, I think we already have one, but it can it can grow much more.
企业似乎已经做好了准备。
Companies seem ready for it.
这项技术似乎也已经准备就绪。
The technology seems ready for it.
编码到目前为止是最大的例子,但其他领域也在迅速崛起,其他垂直领域正在快速增长。
The you know, coding is the biggest example so far, but there are others that are now growing, other verticals that are now growing very quickly.
我们开始听到企业说,我真的只需要一个AI平台。
And we're starting to hear enterprises say, you know, I really just want an AI platform.
哪个垂直行业?
Which vertical company?
金融。
Finance.
就目前发生的所有事情而言,我个人最兴奋的是科学领域。
Science is the one I'm most excited about of everything happening right now, personally.
客户支持表现很好。
Customer support is doing great.
但是,是的,我们有一个叫GDP val的东西。
But but, yeah, the the we have this thing called GDP val.
我本来想问你关于这个的。
I was gonna ask you about that.
我可以把我的问题提出来吗
Can I actually throw my question out
关于这个?
about that?
好的。
Alright.
因为我给Box的首席执行官亚伦·列维发了消息,我说我要去见萨姆。
Because I wrote to Aaron Levy, the CEO of Box, and I said, I'm gonna meet with Sam.
我该问他什么?
What should I ask him?
他让我问一下GDP val的问题。
He goes, throw a question out about GDP val.
对吧?
Right?
这是衡量AI在知识型工作任务中表现的指标。
So this is the measure of how AI performs in knowledge work tasks.
我说,好的,我回去看了你们最近发布的GPT 5.2模型的发布内容,并查看了GDP值图表。
And I said, okay, I went back to the release of GPT 5.2 of the model that you recently released and looked at the GDP value chart.
当然,这是OpenAI的评估。
Now this of course is an open AI evaluation.
话虽如此,GPT-5 思考模型。
That being said, the GPT-five thinking model.
这是夏季发布的模型。
So this is the model released in the summer.
它在38%的任务中与知识工作者打平。
It tied knowledge workers at 38% of tasks.
是超越还是打平?想想。
Beat or tied, think.
超越或打平。
Beat or tied.
嗯。
Yeah.
GPT-5.2思考版在70.9%的知识工作任务中超越或打平了人类,GPT-5.2专业版在74.1%的知识工作任务中超越或打平了人类,并达到了专家水平的门槛。
GP, so 38.8%, GPT 5.2 thinking beat or tied at 70.9% of knowledge work tasks and GPT 5.2 pro 74.1% of knowledge work tasks and it passed a threshold of being expert level.
它处理了大约60%的专家级任务,也就是那些能让你在知识工作中与专家并驾齐驱的任务。
Handled, it looks like something like 60% of expert tasks, of tasks that would make it, you know, on par with an expert in the knowledge work.
这些模型能够完成如此多的知识工作,这意味着什么?
What are the implications of the fact that these models can do that much knowledge work?
所以,你
So, you
你知道,你在问垂直领域的问题,我觉得这是个很好的问题。
know, you're asking about verticals and I think that's a great question.
但让我想到的是,为什么我刚才有点语塞,因为评估涉及大约40多个企业必须处理的垂直领域。
But the thing that was going through my mind and why I kind of was stumbling a little bit is that eval, I think it's like 40 something different verticals that a business has to do.
比如制作PPT、进行法律分析、开发一个小网页应用,所有这些事情。
There's make a PowerPoint, do this legal analysis, you know, write up this little web app, all this stuff.
而评估的标准是:专家是否更偏好模型的输出,而不是其他专家的输出?
And and the eval is do experts prefer the output of the model relative to other experts?
针对企业需要做的许多事情。
For a lot of the things that a business has to do.
现在,这些都是范围较小、目标明确的任务。
Now, are small, well scoped tasks.
这些模型无法处理那种复杂、开放式的创造性工作,比如设计一款新产品。
These don't get the kind of complicated, open ended creative work that, know, figuring out a new product.
这些模型也难以处理大量的团队协作任务。
These These don't get a lot of collaborative team things.
但如果你能分配给一位同事一小时的任务,有74%或70%的概率得到你更满意的结果,而且你还可以选择少付点钱,这依然非常了不起。
But a coworker that you can assign an hour's worth of tasks to and get something you like better back 74 or 70% of the time if you want to pay less is still pretty extraordinary.
如果你回到三年前ChatGPT刚发布的时候,说三年后我们会拥有这样的能力,大多数人会说绝对不可能。
If you went back to the launch of ChatGPT three years ago and said we were going to have that in three years, most people would say absolutely not.
因此,当我们思考企业将如何整合这项技术时,已经不再是仅仅它能写代码的问题了。
And so, as we think about how enterprises are going to integrate this, it's no longer like just that it can do code.
而是你可以把所有这些知识型工作任务交给AI来完成。
It's all of these knowledge work tasks you can kind of farm out to the AI.
企业如何真正融入这项技术还需要一段时间才能理清,但其影响将会非常巨大。
And that's gonna take a while to really kind of figure out how enterprises integrate with it, but should be quite substantial.
我知道你不是经济学家,所以我不会问你,比如这对就业会产生怎样的宏观影响。
I know you're not an economist, so I'm not gonna ask you, like, what is the macro impact on jobs?
但让我读给你听一句话,我是从Substack上《血染机器》这篇文章里看到的,关于这如何影响工作。
But let me just read you one line that I heard, you know, in terms of how this impacts jobs from blood in the machine on Substack.
这是来自一位技术文案写手的说法。
This is from a technical copywriter.
他们说,聊天机器人进来后,我的工作变成了管理机器人,而不是管理一个客服团队。
They said chatbots came in and made it so my job was managing the bots instead of a team of reps.
好吧。
Okay.
这在我看来,将会经常发生。
That that to me seems like it's gonna happen often.
但这个人接着说,一旦机器人被充分训练到能够提供足够好的支持,我就被裁了。
But then this person continued and said, once the bots were sufficiently trained up to offer good enough support, then I was out.
这会变得越来越普遍吗?
Is that is that the is that gonna become more common?
这会是糟糕公司会做的事吗?
Is that what bad companies are gonna do?
展开剩余字幕(还有 406 条)
因为如果你有一个能够协调多个不同机器人的人类,那么你可能希望留下他们。
Because if you have a human who's gonna be able to sort of orchestrate a bunch of different bots, then you might wanna keep them.
我不知道。
I don't know.
你怎么看这个问题?
How do you think about this?
所以,我同意你的观点,很明显,每个人都会负责管理大量执行不同任务的AI。
So I I agree with you that it's clear to see how everyone's gonna be managing, like, lot of AIs doing different stuff.
最终,就像任何一位优秀的管理者一样,希望团队会变得越来越好,但你承担的范围和责任也会越来越大。
Eventually, like any good manager, hopefully, team gets better and better, but you just take on more scope and more responsibility.
我不是一个就业悲观主义者。
I am not I am not a jobs doomer.
短期内,我有些担忧。
Short term, I have some worry.
我认为在某些情况下,过渡过程可能会很艰难。
I think the transition is likely to be rough in some cases.
但我们天生就非常在意他人在做什么。
But we are so deeply wired to care about other people, what other people do.
我们似乎如此关注相对地位,总是渴望更多,渴望有所作为、服务他人,表达创造力——无论是什么驱动我们走到今天,我认为这些都不会消失。
We are so we seem to be so focused on relative status and always wanting more and to be of use and service to express creative spirit, whatever whatever whatever has driven us this long, I don't think that's going away.
现在我认为,未来的工作,或者说,我甚至不确定‘工作’这个词是否合适,到2050年我们所有人每天要做的事情,很可能与今天大不相同。
Now I do think the jobs of the future, or I don't even know if jobs is the right word, whatever we're all gonna do all day in 2050 probably looks very different than it does today.
但我并不认为生活会失去意义,经济会彻底崩溃。
But I but I I don't have any of this like, oh, life is gonna be without meaning, and the economy is gonna totally break.
我相信,我们会找到更多意义,而经济我认为也会发生巨大变化。
Like, we will find, I hope, much more meaning, and the economy, I think, will significantly change.
但我觉得,你不能跟进化生物学对着干。
But I I think you just don't bet against evolutionary biology.
我经常思考如何自动化OpenAI的所有职能,甚至更进一步,我会思考拥有一个AI首席执行官的OpenAI意味着什么。
You know, I think a lot about how we can automate all the functions at OpenAI, and then even more than that, I think about, like, what it means to have an AI CEO of OpenAI.
这并不会让我感到困扰。
It doesn't bother me.
我对此感到非常兴奋。
I'm, like, thrilled for it.
我不会反对它。
I won't fight it.
我不想成为那个固守手工方式、觉得这样能做得更好的人。
Like, I don't wanna be I don't wanna be the person hanging on being like, can do this better the the handmade way.
AI首席执行官会做出大量决策,以指导我们把所有资源都用于给AI提供更多能量和权力。
AI CEO just make a bunch of decisions to sort of, like, direct all of our resources to giving AI more energy and power.
这就像是
It's like
我的意思是,不会。
I mean, no.
你会
You would
真的会设置严格的护栏。
really put a guard guardrail on.
是的。
Yeah.
显然,你并不希望一个不受人类监管的AI首席执行官。
Like, obviously, you don't want an AI CEO that is not governed by humans.
但如果你想想,也许这个类比有点疯狂,但我还是说一下。
But if you think about if if you think about maybe, like this is a crazy analogy, but I'll give it anyway.
如果你想象一种情况,世界上每个人实际上都是某家AI公司的董事会成员,都能告诉AI首席执行官该做什么,如果它表现不好就解雇它,并对决策进行监管。
If you think about a version where, like, every person in the world was effectively on the board of directors of an AI company and got to, you know, tell the AI CEO what to do and fire them if they weren't doing a good job at that and, you know, got governance on the decisions.
但AI首席执行官则负责努力执行董事会的意愿。
But the AI CEO got to try to, like, execute the wishes of the board.
我认为,对未来的很多人来说,这看起来会相当合理。
I think to people of the future, might seem like quite a reasonable thing.
好吧。
Okay.
我们马上转向基础设施的话题。
So we're gonna move to infrastructure in a minute.
但在我们离开关于模型和能力的这部分之前,GPT-6什么时候发布?
But before we leave this section on models and capabilities, when's g p GPT six coming?
我不确定我们会什么时候称一个模型为GPT-6,但我预计在明年第一季度会出现比5.2有显著提升的新模型。
I expect I don't know when we'll call a model GPT six, but I would expect new models that are significant gains from 5.2 in the first quarter of next year.
“显著提升”是什么意思?
What does significant gains mean?
我目前还没有一个具体的评估分数可以告诉你,但是,
I don't have, like, an eval score in mind for you yet, but,
更多是企业方面的应用
more enterprise side of things
或者说是两者都有。
or Definitely both.
对于消费者来说,模型会有很多改进。
The there will be a lot of improvements to the model for consumers.
目前消费者最想要的并不是更高的智商。
The main thing consumers want right now is not more IQ.
企业仍然希望提升智力水平。
Enterprises still do want more IQ.
因此,我们会以不同方式改进模型,以适应不同用途,但我们的目标是打造一个每个人都更喜欢的模型。
So we'll improve the model in different ways for the kind of for different uses, but, I our goal is a model that everybody likes much better.
基础设施。
So infrastructure.
你们已经承诺了大约1.4万亿美元用于基础设施建设。
You have 1,400,000,000,000.0 thereabouts in commitments, to build infrastructure.
我听了你们关于基础设施的很多说法。
I've listened to a lot of what you've said about infrastructure.
以下是你们提到的一些内容。
Here are some of the things you said.
如果人们了解我们能用算力做些什么,他们会想要多得多的算力。
If people knew what we could do with compute, they would want way, way more.
你说过,今天我们能提供的能力与10倍算力、100倍算力之间的差距是巨大的。
You said the gap between what we could offer today versus 10x compute and a 100 k x compute is substantial.
你能帮我们把这一点再展开一点吗?
What what can you help flush that out a little bit?
你打算如何利用这么多的计算能力?
What are you gonna do with so much more compute?
我之前稍微提过这一点。
Well, I mentioned this earlier a little bit.
我个人最兴奋的是利用人工智能和大量计算能力来发现新的科学。
The thing I'm personally more excited most excited about is to use AI and lots of compute to discover new science.
我相信,科学发现是让世界对每个人变得更好的关键所在。
I am a believer that scientific discovery is the high order bit of how the world gets better for everybody.
如果我们能将海量计算资源投入到科学问题中,发现新的知识——这一点现在才刚刚开始发生。
And if we can throw huge amounts of compute at scientific problems and discover new knowledge, which the tiniest bit is starting to happen now.
这还处于非常早期的阶段。
It's very early.
这些都是一些非常小的事情。
These are very small things.
但你知道,根据我对这个领域的了解和历史经验,一旦曲线开始上升并略微脱离x轴,我们就知道如何让它变得越来越好。
But, you know, my learning and history of this field is once the squiggle start and it lifts off the x axis a little bit, we know how to make that better and better.
但这需要巨大的计算资源。
But that takes huge amounts of compute to do.
因此,这是其中一个领域——利用大量AI来发现新科学、治愈疾病,以及其他许多事情。
So that's one area where, like, throwing lots of AI at discovering new science, curing disease, lots of other things.
一个最近的酷炫例子是,我们用Codecs在不到一个月的时间内开发了Sora安卓应用。
A kind of recent cool example here is we built the Sora Android app using Codecs, and they did it in, less than a month.
他们使用了海量的资源。
They used a huge amount.
在OpenAI工作的一个好处是,你不会受到Codex使用量的限制。
One of the nice things about working at OpenAI is you don't get any limits on Codex.
他们使用了海量的token,但却能完成通常需要很多人花更长时间才能完成的工作,而Codex基本上替我们完成了大部分任务。
They used a huge amount of tokens, but they were able to do what would normally have taken a lot of people much longer, and Codex kinda mostly did it for us.
你可以想象,未来整个公司都可以利用大量计算资源来构建他们的产品。
And you can imagine that going much further, where entire companies can build their products using lots of compute.
人们已经广泛讨论过视频模型将如何指向这些生成的实时用户界面。
People have talked a lot about how video models are gonna point towards these generated real time generated user user interfaces.
这将需要大量的计算资源。
That will take a lot of compute.
希望转型的企业将使用大量的计算资源。
Enterprises that want to transform their business will use a lot of compute.
想要提供优质个性化医疗的医生,会持续测量每位患者所能提供的所有体征数据。
Doctors that want to offer good personalized healthcare that are like constantly measuring every sign they can get from each individual patient.
你可以想象这会消耗大量的计算资源。
You can imagine that using a lot of compute.
很难准确描述我们目前为生成AI输出所使用的计算量有多大。
It's hard to frame how much compute we're already using to generate AI output in the world.
但这些数字都非常粗略。
But these are horribly rough numbers.
所以,以这种方式谈论可能显得不够严谨,但我总觉得这类思维实验有点用处。
So and I think it's like undisciplined to talk this way, but I I always find these like mental thought experiments a little bit useful.
所以,请原谅我的不严谨。
So forgive me for the sloppiness.
假设今天一家AI公司每天可能从前沿模型中生成大约一万亿个token。
Let's say that an AI company today might be generating something on the order of 10,000,000,000,000 tokens a day out of frontier models.
你知道,可能更多,但我认为没有人会达到千万亿token的量级。
You know, more, but not it's not like a a quadrillion tokens for anybody, I don't think.
假设世界上有80亿人,假设平均每个人——我认为这些数字完全错了。
Let's say there's 8,000,000,000 people in the world, and let's say on average someone's these are, I think, totally wrong.
但假设一个人每天输出的token平均为两万个。
But let's say someone the average number of tokens outputted by a person per day is like 20,000.
然后你可以开始比较,公平地说,我们需要比较的是今天模型提供商的输出token,而不是所有消耗的token。
You can then start to and the token you could to be fair, then we have to compare the output tokens of a model provider today, not not all the tokens consumed.
但你可以开始观察并说,一家公司的这些模型每天输出的token将超过全人类的总和。
But you can start to look at this and you can say, we're gonna have these models at a company be outputting more tokens per day than all of humanity put together.
然后是十倍,再然后是一百倍。
And then 10 times that, and then a 100 times that.
而且,某种程度上,这种比较真的很荒谬。
And, you know, in some sense, it's like a really silly comparison.
但某种程度上,它揭示了地球上智力运算的规模——人类大脑与AI大脑之间的对比。
But in some sense, it gives a magnitude for, like, how much of the intellectual crunching on the planet is, like, human brains versus AI brains.
那种相对增长率确实很有趣。
That's kind of the relative growth rates there are are interesting.
所以我在想,你知道吗,是否存在对这种算力的需求?
And so I'm wondering, are do you know that there is this demand to use this compute?
比如说,如果OpenAI将算力翻倍用于科学或医学研究,我们会不会取得明确的科学突破?
Potentially, like so for instance, would we have sure fires like scientific breakthroughs if OpenAI were to put double the compute towards science or with medicine like are Yeah.
我们会不会有明确的能力来辅助医生?
Would we have that clear ability to assist doctors?
这些在多大程度上是基于推测,而不是基于你今天所见的清晰理解?
Like, how much of this is sort of supposition of what's to happen versus clear understanding based off of what you see today that it
根据我们今天所看到的一切,这一切都必将发生。
Everything will based off what we see today is that it will happen.
这并不意味着未来不会发生什么疯狂的事情。
It does not mean some crazy thing can't happen in the future.
有人可能会发现一种全新的架构,从而带来一万倍的效率提升,那时我们可能就过度建设了。
Someone could discover some completely new architecture and there could be a 10,000 times, you know, efficiency gain, then we would have really probably overbuilt for a while.
但我们现在看到的一切——模型在每个新层级上进步的速度、人们多么想使用它们、每次成本下降后人们多么更想使用它们——
But everything we see right now about how quickly the models are getting better at each new level, how much more people wanna use them, each time we can bring the cost down, how much more people really wanna use them.
所有这些都向我表明,需求将会增加,人们会用它们来做各种美好的事情,也会用来做些无聊的事情。
Everything about that indicates to me that there will be increasing demand and people using these for wonderful things, for silly things.
但这看起来分明就是未来的模样。
But it it just so seems like this is the shape of the future.
这不仅仅是每天能处理多少个标记的问题。
It's not just like it's not just, you know, how many tokens we can do per day.
而是我们能多快地完成它们。
It's how fast we can do them.
随着这些编码模型变得越来越好,它们可以长时间思考,但你并不想等那么久。
As these coding models have gotten better, they can think for a really long time, but you don't wanna wait for a really long time.
所以还会存在其他维度。
So there will be other dimensions.
不仅仅是我们可以处理的令牌数量,还有在少数几个关键维度上对智能的需求以及我们能用它们做什么。
It will not just be the number of tokens that that we can do, but the demand for intelligence across a small number of axes and what we can do with those.
如果你面临一个非常困难的医疗问题,你是想用5.2,还是愿意用5.2 Pro,即使它需要多得多的令牌?
You know, if you're like, if you have like a really difficult health care problem, do you wanna use 5.2 or do you wanna use 5.2 pro even if it takes dramatically more tokens?
我会选择更好的模型。
I'll go with the better model.
我觉得你会的。
I think you will.
让我们再深入一层。
Let's just try to go one level deeper.
谈到科学发现。
Going to the scientific discovery.
你能举一个科学家的例子吗?
Can you give an example of, a scientist?
它不一定非得是将来的事,也许就是你现在就知道的一个。
It doesn't have to well, maybe it's one that you know today.
就像是,解决某个问题 x。
That's like, have problem x.
如果我投入计算资源 y,我就能解决它,但我现在还做不到。
And if I put, you know, compute y towards it, I will solve it, but I'm not able to today.
今天早上在 Twitter 上有一件事,一群数学家正在互相回复推文。
There was a thing this morning on Twitter where a bunch of mathematicians were saying they were all, like, replying to each other's tweets.
他们说,我之前真的怀疑语言模型能否变得优秀。
They're like, I was really skeptical that LMs were ever gonna be good.
5.2 是那个让我突破界限的版本。
5.2 is the one that crossed the boundary for me.
它做到了,你知道的,在一些帮助下,它完成了这个小证明,发现了一个小成果,但这真的改变了我的工作流程。
It did it, you know, figured out this, it with some help, it did this small proof, it it discovered this small thing, but it's this is actually changing my workflow.
然后其他人也纷纷附和说:‘我也是。’
And then people were piling on saying, yeah, me too.
我的意思是,有些人说5.1已经达到了,但没多少人这么认为。
I mean, some people were saying 5.1 was already there, not many.
但那是一个非常近期的例子。
But that that was like that's a very recent example.
这个模型才发布五天左右。
This model's only been out for five days or something.
人们都说,好吧。
Where people are like, alright.
你知道的,数学家们,没错。
You know, the mathematic Yeah.
数学研究界似乎在说:好吧,重要的事情刚刚发生了。
The mathematics research community seems to say like, okay, something important just happened.
我看到格雷格·布罗克曼在他的动态中一直在强调这些不同的数学和科学应用,我认为5.2在这些群体中引起了某种共鸣。
I've seen Greg Brockman has been highlighting all these different mathematical scientific uses in his feed and something has clicked, I think, with 5.2 among these communities.
所以随着事情的发展,看看会发生什么会很有趣。
So it'll be interesting to see what happens as as things progress.
我们不喜欢,计算方面的一个难点是,你必须提前很久做准备。
We don't like, one of the hard parts about compute Mhmm.
在规模上,你得提前很久规划。
At the scale is you have to do it so far in advance.
所以,你提到的那1.4万亿,我们会花很长一段时间来投入。
So, you know, that 1,400,000,000,000.0 you mentioned, we'll spend it over a very long period of time.
我希望我们能更快一点。
I wish we could do it faster.
我认为如果我们能更快完成,会有需求,但建造这些项目、为数据中心供电、制造芯片和系统、搭建网络等等,都需要极其漫长的时间。
I think there would be demand if we could do it faster, but it just takes an enormously long time to build these projects and the energy to run the data centers and the chips and the systems and the networking and everything else.
这会持续一段时间,但从去年到现在,我们的算力大概增长了三倍。
So that will be over a while, but, you know, we, from a year ago to now, we probably about tripled our compute.
明年我们希望再次将算力翻三倍,之后再翻三倍。
We'll triple our compute again next year, hopefully, again after that.
收入增长可能比算力还快一点,但大致还是跟我们的算力规模同步。
Revenue grows even a little bit faster than that, but it does roughly track our compute fleet.
所以我们从未遇到过无法充分变现所有计算资源的情况。
So we we have never yet found a situation where we can't really well monetize all the compute we have.
如果我们有,我想如果我们有双倍的计算资源,我们的收入也会翻倍,对吧?
If we had I think if we had, you know, double the compute, we'd be at double the revenue right
好的。
Okay.
让我们来谈谈数字吧,既然你提到了。
Let's let's talk about numbers since you brought it up.
收入正在增长。
Revenue is growing.
计算支出在增长,但计算支出的增长速度仍然超过收入增长。
Compute spend is growing, but compute spend still outpaces revenue growth.
我认为报道的数字是,OpenAI预计从现在到2028或2029年1月之间将亏损约1200亿美元,之后才会实现盈利。
I think the numbers that have been reported are OpenAI is supposed to lose something like 120,000,000,000 between now and January twenty twenty eight, twenty nine where you're gonna become profitable.
所以你能谈谈这会如何变化吗?
So talk a little bit about like, how does that change?
转折点在哪里?
Where does the turn happen?
我的意思是,随着收入增长,推理在整体算力中的占比越来越大,最终会超过训练成本。
I mean, as revenue grows and as inference becomes a larger and larger part of the fleet, it eventually subsumes the training expense.
这就是我们的计划。
So that's the plan.
在训练上花很多钱,但赚得越来越多。
Spend a lot of money training, but make more and more.
如果我们没有持续如此大幅地增加训练成本,我们早就盈利了。
If we if we weren't continuing to grow our training costs by so much, we would be profitable way, way earlier.
但我们所押注的是,要非常积极地投资于这些大型模型的训练。
But the bet we're making is to invest very aggressively in training these big models.
全世界都在关注你们的收入如何与支出相匹配。
The whole world is wondering how your revenue will line up with the spend.
有人问过,今年收入能否达到200亿美元,而支出承诺高达1.4万亿美元。
The question's been asked if the trajectory is to hit $20,000,000,000 in revenue this year And the spend commitment is 1,400,000,000,000.0.
所以我认为最好明确地说明一下
So I think it would be great just to lay out
很长一段时间。
very long period.
是的。
Yeah.
总体而言。
Overall.
这就是我想跟你提这件事的原因。
And that's why I wanted to bring it up to you.
我认为最好一次性向所有人清楚地说明这些数字将如何运作。
I think it would be great to just lay it out for everyone once and for all how those numbers are gonna work.
这非常困难,说实话,我肯定做不到,我认识的几乎没人能做到。
It's very hard to like really I find that one thing I certainly can't do it and very few people I've ever met can do it.
你知道,你可能对很多数学问题有很好的直觉,但指数增长通常很难让人在脑海中快速建立一个清晰的框架。
You know, you can like you have good intuition for a lot of mathematical things in your head, but exponential growth is usually very hard for people to do a good, quick mental framework on.
不知为何,进化让我们必须在头脑中擅长处理很多数学问题。
Like, for whatever reason, there were a lot of things that evolution needed us to be able to do well with math in our heads.
但建模指数增长似乎并不在其中。
Modeling exponential growth doesn't seem to be one of them.
因此,我们相信,我们可以在相当长的一段时间内保持收入的陡峭增长曲线。
So, the thing we believe is that we can stay on a very steep growth curve of revenue for quite a while.
而我们目前看到的一切都继续印证了这一点。
And everything we see right now continues to indicate that.
如果我们没有足够的计算能力,就无法做到这一点。
We cannot do it if we don't have the compute.
再说一遍,我们目前严重受限于计算能力,这直接影响了收入。我认为,如果我们有一天拥有了大量无法以盈利方式每单位计算能力变现的算力,那时就很有必要问一句:这一切到底该怎么运作?
Again, we're so compute constrained, and it hits the revenue line so hard that I think if we get to a point where we have like a lot of compute sitting around that we can't monetize on a, you know, profitable per unit of compute basis, be very reasonable to say, okay, this is like a little, how's this all going to work?
但我们已经用多种方式推演过这个问题。
But we've penciled this out a bunch of ways.
当然,随着我们一直在做的降低计算成本的工作逐步见效,我们在每美元算力性能(flops per dollar)上也会变得更加高效。
We will, of course, also get more efficient on, like, a flops per dollar basis as, you know, all of the work we've been doing to make compute cheaper comes to pass.
但我们看到了消费者增长,也看到了企业增长,还有很多我们尚未推出但即将推出的新业务类型。
But we see this consumer growth, we see this enterprise growth, there's a whole bunch of new kinds of businesses that we haven't even launched yet, but will.
但计算能力是推动这一切的生命线。
But compute is really the lifeblood that enables all of this.
所以,你知道,途中会有一些关键节点。
So we you know, there's like checkpoints along the way.
如果我们对时间或计算的预测稍有偏差,我们还是有一些灵活性的。
If we're a little bit wrong about our timing or math, we can we have some flexibility.
但我们一直面临计算能力不足的问题。
But we have always been in a compute deficit.
我们能做的事情始终受到限制。
It is always constrained what we're able to do.
不幸的是,我认为这种情况将一直存在,但我希望它能逐渐减轻,因为我认为我们可以推出许多优秀的产品和服务,这将是一个非常出色的业务。
I unfortunately think it will always be the case, but I wish it were less the case and I'd like to get it to be less of the case over time, because I think there's so many great products and services that we can deliver and it'll be a great business.
好的。
Okay.
所以训练成本实际上降低了。
So it's effectively training costs go down.
以百分比来看。
As a percentage.
但总体上成本是上升的。
They go up essentially overall.
但你的预期是,通过这种企业推广,以及人们愿意为ChatGPT的API付费,OpenAI能够通过收入增长来覆盖这些成本。
But And then your expectation is through things like this this enterprise push, through things like people being willing to pay for ChatGPT through the API, OpenAI will be able to grow revenue enough to pay for it with revenue.
是的,这就是计划。
Yeah, that is the plan.
现在我认为,最近市场在这方面有点失控了。
Now I think the thing, so the market's been kind of losing its mind over this recently.
我认为让市场感到不安的是债务进入了这个等式。
I think the thing that has spooked the market has been the debt has entered into this equation.
而关于债务的概念是,当你有可预测的东西时,才会去借债。
And the idea around debt is you take debt out when there's something that's predictable.
然后公司会借入债务,进行建设,并获得可预测的收入。
And then companies will take the debt out, they'll build and they'll have predictable revenue.
但这是一种全新的类别。
But it's it's the this is a new category.
它是不可预测的。
It's it is unpredictable.
那么,你怎么看待债务在这里出现这一事实呢?
Is is that how do you think about the fact that debt has entered the picture here?
首先,我认为今年早些时候,市场更加疯狂了,比如我们会见一些公司,第二天它们的股价就上涨了20%或15%。
So first of all, I think the market more lost its mind when earlier this year, you know, we would like meet with some company and that company's stock would go up 20% or 15% the next day.
那太疯狂了。
That was crazy.
这感觉非常不健康。
That felt really unhealthy.
实际上,我现在很高兴市场中多了一点怀疑和理性,因为在我看来,我们当时正完全走向一个极其不稳定的泡沫。
I'm actually happy that there's like a little bit more skepticism and rationality in the market now because it felt to me like we were just totally heading towards a very unstable bubble.
现在我认为人们有了一定的自律性。
And now I think people are some degree of discipline.
所以我认为事情是这样的:之前人们疯狂了,而现在人们变得更加理性了。
So I actually think things are I think people went crazy earlier and now people are being more rational.
在债务方面,我认为我们确实知道,如果我们建设基础设施,这个行业就会有人从中获得价值。
On the debt front, I think we do kind of we know that if we build infrastructure, we the industry, someone's going to get value out of it.
而且这仍然处于非常早期的阶段。
And it's still, it's still totally early.
我同意你的观点,但我认为没有人再质疑AI基础设施不会创造价值。
I agree with you, but I don't think anyone's still questioning there's not going be value from like AI infrastructure.
因此,我认为债务进入这个市场是合理的。
And so I think it is reasonable for debt to enter this market.
我认为还会有其他类型的金融工具。
I think there will also be other kinds of financial instruments.
我猜测我们会看到一些不合理的金融工具,因为人们真的在不断创新融资方式来支持这类事物。
I suspect we'll see some unreasonable ones as people really, you know, innovate about how to finance this sort of stuff.
但你知道,像贷款给公司建设数据中心,我觉得这没问题。
But, you know, like lending companies money to build data centers, that seems fine to me.
我认为担忧在于,如果事情不能持续快速推进,这里有一种可能的情景,你可能不同意,但模型的进步会达到饱和,那么基础设施的价值就会低于预期价值。
I think the fear is that if things don't continue at pace, like here's one scenario, and you'll probably disagree with this, but like the model progress saturates, Then the infrastructure becomes worth less than the anticipated value was.
然后,是的,这些数据中心对某些人来说仍然有价值,但它们可能会被清算,然后有人以折扣价购入。
And then yes, those data centers will be worth something to someone, but it could be that they get liquidated and someone buys them at a discount.
是的。
Yeah.
而且我怀疑,在此过程中,会经历一些繁荣与萧条。
And I do suspect, by the way, there will be some like booms and busts along the way.
这些事情从来都不是一条完美的直线。
These things are never a perfectly smooth line.
首先,对我来说这非常清楚,我甚至愿意拿公司做赌注,模型将会变得好得多、好得多。
First of all, it seems very clear to me and this is like a thing I'd happily bet the company on that the models are going to get much, much better.
我们对这一点已经有了相当好的洞察。
We have like a pretty good window into this.
我们对这一点非常有信心。
We're very confident about that.
即使模型没有继续进步,我认为世界上也存在大量惯性,需要很长时间才能适应这些变化。
Even if they did not, I think the there's like a lot of inertia in the world that takes a while to figure out how to adapt to things.
我认为5.2版本所代表的经济价值,相对于世界迄今为止从中获取的成果,是如此巨大,即使你把模型冻结在5.2版本,还能创造出多少更多的价值,从而带来多少收入呢?
The overhang of the economic value that I believe 5.2 represents relative to what the world has figured out how to get out of it so far is so huge that even if you froze the model at 5.2, how much more, like, value can you create and thus revenue can you drive?
我敢赌上一大笔钱。
I bet a huge amount.
事实上,你没问这个,但容我稍微发几句牢骚。
In fact, you didn't ask this, but if I can go on a rant for a second.
我们过去经常讨论一个二维矩阵:短周期 vs 长周期,慢起飞 vs 快起飞,不同时间点我们觉得各种可能性在变化,而根据你在该矩阵中的位置,可以大致理解世界应该优化哪些决策和战略。
We used to talk a lot about this two by two matrix of short timelines, long timelines, slow takeoff, fast takeoff, and where we felt at different times the kind of probability was shifting and that that was going to be, you could kind of understand a lot of the decisions and strategy that the world should optimize for based off of where you were going to be on that two by two matrix.
在我的脑海里,关于这个问题的图景中,出现了一个Z轴,那就是小滞后 vs 大滞后。
There's like a z axis in my head, in my picture of this that's emerged, which is small overhang, big overhang.
我之前大概没怎么认真思考过这一点,但现在回过头来看,我一定是默认了滞后不会那么巨大。
And I kind of thought that I guess I didn't think about that hard, but like my retro on this is I must have assumed that the overhang was not going to be that massive.
如果这些模型具有巨大价值,世界本应很快学会如何利用它们。
That if the models had a lot of value in them, the world was pretty quickly going to figure out how to deploy that.
但在我看来,如今大多数地区的潜力尚未被充分释放,这种滞后将非常巨大。
But it looks to me now like the overhang is going be massive in most of the world.
你会看到一些特定领域,比如某些程序员,通过采用这些工具,生产力将大幅提升。
You'll have these like areas like, you know, some set of coders that'll get massively more productive by adopting these tools.
但总体而言,你拥有一个如此聪明的模型,而坦白说,大多数人仍在问着与GPT-4时代类似的问题。
But on the whole, you have this crazy smart model that to be perfectly honest, most people are still asking the similar questions they did in the GPT-four realm.
科学家不同,程序员不同,也许知识型工作将会发生变化。
Scientists different, coders different, Maybe knowledge work is going to get different.
但存在巨大的滞后效应,这给世界带来了一系列非常奇特的后果。
But there is a huge overhang and that has a bunch of very strange consequences for the world.
我们尚未完全理解这一切将如何展开,但这与我几年前的预期截然不同。
We have not wrapped our head around all the ways that's going to play out yet, but it's very much not what I would have expected a few years ago.
我有
I have
关于这个能力过剩,我有个问题想问你。
a question for you about this capability overhang.
基本上,模型能做的事情远比它们目前所做的要多。
Basically, models can do a lot more than they've been doing.
我想弄清楚,为什么这些模型的性能远超当前的使用水平,但许多企业在尝试应用时,却没能获得投资回报。
I'm trying to figure out how the models can be that much better than they're being used for, but a lot of businesses, when they try to implement them, they're not getting a return on their investment.
或者至少,他们是这么告诉麻省理工学院的。
Or at least that's what they tell MIT.
我不太确定该怎么看待这个问题,因为我们不断听到企业说,如果你把GPT 5.2的价格提高十倍,我们依然愿意支付。
I'm not sure quite how to think about that because we hear all these businesses saying, you know, if you 10x the price of GPT 5.2, we would still pay for it.
你们的价格严重低估了它的价值。
You're hugely underpricing this.
我们从它身上获得了巨大的价值。
We're getting all this value out of it.
所以我觉得这种说法不太对。
So I don't that doesn't seem right to me.
当然,如果你听听程序员怎么说,他们会说,这东西我愿意付一百倍的价格之类的。
Certainly, if you talk about, like, what coders say, they're like, this is, you know, I'd pay a 100 times the price or whatever.
只是官僚主义把事情搞砸了。
Just be bureaucracy that's messing things up.
假设你相信GDP估值数据,也许你有充分的理由不相信,因为它们可能是错的,但我们就假设它们是对的。
Let's say you believe the GDP valve numbers and maybe you don't for good reason, maybe they're wrong, but let's say it were true.
对于这些定义明确、并非持续时间很长的知识型任务,有七成的时间,人们会对5.2的输出感到满意甚至更满意。
And for kind of these well specified, not super long duration knowledge work tasks, seven out of 10 times, would be as happy or happier with the 5.2 output.
那你就应该大量使用它。
You should then be using that a lot.
但人们改变工作流程却需要很长时间。
And yet it takes people so long to change their workflow.
他们太习惯让初级分析师做演示文稿之类的事了,结果就是,这种惯性比我想象的还要顽固。
They're so used to asking the junior analyst to make a deck or whatever that they're gonna like, it just that's stickier than I thought it was.
你知道,我到现在还是用几乎同样的方式管理我的工作流程,尽管我知道自己本可以更多地使用AI。
You know, I still kind of run my workflow in very much the same way, although I know that I could be using AI much more than I am.
嗯。
Yep.
好的。
Alright.
我们还剩十分钟。
We got ten minutes left.
我还有四个,哇。
I got four Wow.
真快啊。
That was quick.
我有四个问题。
I got four questions.
我们来看看能不能快速过一遍。
Let's see if we can lightning round, through them.
所以,你们正在开发的设备。
So, the device that you're working on.
我们将在广告后回归,邀请OpenAI首席执行官萨姆·阿尔特曼。
We'll be back with OpenAI CEO Sam Altman right after this.
Capital One的技术团队不仅仅在谈论多智能体AI。
Capital One's tech team isn't just talking about multiegenthic AI.
他们已经部署了一个。
They already deployed one.
它被称为聊天礼宾服务,正在简化汽车购买流程。
It's called chat concierge, and it's simplifying car shopping.
通过自我反思、分层推理和实时API检查,它不仅能帮助买家找到心仪的汽车。
Using self reflection and layered reasoning with live API checks, it doesn't just help buyers find a car they love.
还能帮助安排试驾、获得贷款预批,并估算旧车置换价值。
It helps schedule a test drive, get preapproved for financing, and estimate trade in value.
先进、直观且已部署。
Advanced, intuitive, and deployed.
这就是他们的优势所在。
That's how they stack.
这就是Capital One的技术。
That's technology at Capital One.
如今,每一分钱都该更努力地工作,但要弄清楚把钱放在哪里可能会让人困惑。
These days, it feels like every dollar should be working a little harder, but figuring out where to put your cash can be confusing.
这就是Wealthfront的用武之地。
That's where Wealthfront comes in.
Wealthfront是一个以技术为驱动的金融平台,旨在帮助你将储蓄转化为长期财富。
Wealthfront is a tech driven financial platform built to help you grow your savings into long term wealth.
他们的高收益现金账户通过合作银行,截至2025年11月7日,为未投资资金提供3.5%的年化收益率。
Their high yield cash account through program banks offers a 3.5% APY on your uninvested cash as of 11/07/2025.
而且没有月费,无需最低或最高余额即可享受该利率,你甚至可以随时通过24/7即时免费提现至符合条件的账户,让你的资金始终触手可及。
And there are no monthly fees, no minimum or maximum balance to earn that rate, and you can even make free instant withdrawals to eligible accounts in just minutes, twenty four seven, so your money can always be within reach.
目前,Wealthfront为新客户在前三个月内,对最高15万美元的余额提供比基础利率高出0.65%的额外年化收益率。
Right now, Wealthfront is offering new clients an extra point 65% APY over the base rate for three months on up to a $150,000 balance.
当你开设首个现金账户时,总年化收益率可达4.15%的浮动利率。
That's a total of 4.15% variable APY when you open your first cash account.
立即前往 wealthfront.com/bigtech 注册。
Go to wealthfront.com/bigtech to sign up today.
这是对 Wealthfront 的付费推荐。
This is a paid testimonial for Wealthfront.
此内容可能无法反映其他人的体验,且不保证未来表现或成功。
It may not reflect the experience of others, and there's no guarantee of future performance or success.
Wealthfront 证券业务并非一家大型机构。
Wealthfront brokerage is not a big.
利率可能随时调整。
Rate is subject to change.
促销条款和条件适用。
Promo terms and conditions apply.
如需更多信息,请参见本集描述。
For more information, see the episode description.
这里是迈克尔·刘易斯。
Michael Lewis here.
我最畅销的书《大空头》讲述了2008年美国房地产市场泡沫形成与破裂的故事。
My best selling book, The Big Short, tells the story of the buildup and birth of The US housing market back in 2008.
十年前,《大空头》被拍成了获得奥斯卡奖的电影,现在我首次将其制作成有声书,并由我亲自朗读。
A decade ago, The Big Short was made into an Academy Award winning movie, and now I'm bringing it to you for the first time as an audiobook narrated by yours truly.
《大空头》所讲述的做空市场意味着什么,以及谁真正为失控的金融体系买单,如今比以往任何时候都更具有现实意义。
The Big Short story, what it means to bet against the market, and who really pays for an unchecked financial system, is as relevant today as it's ever been.
现在请前往 pushkin.fm/audiobooks 或任何有声书销售平台获取《大空头》。
Get The Big Short now at pushkin.fm/audiobooks or wherever audiobooks are sold.
我听说的是,手机尺寸,没有屏幕。
What I've heard, phone size, no screen.
如果手机本来就没有屏幕,那为什么不能只是一个应用呢?
Why couldn't it be an app if it's the phone if it's the phone without a screen?
首先,我们将推出一系列小型设备。
First, we're gonna do a fam a small family of devices.
它不会是一个单一的设备。
It will not be a single device.
随着时间的推移,这并不是猜测,所以我尽量不要完全错。
There will be over time a this is this is not speculation, so I may try not to be totally wrong.
但我认为,随着时间的推移,人们使用计算机的方式会发生转变:从一种迟钝、被动的工具,变成一种非常智能、主动的系统,它能理解你生活的方方面面、你所处的环境,以及你身边的人——无论是物理上靠近你,还是通过你正在使用的计算机与你关联的人。
But I think there will be a shift over time to the way people use computers, where they go from a sort of dumb reactive thing to a very smart, proactive thing that is understanding your whole life, your context, everything going on around you, aware of that people around you physically or close to you via a computer that you're working with.
我认为,当前的设备并不适合这种未来的世界。
And I don't think current devices are well suited to that kind of world.
我深信,我们总是处于设备能力的极限边缘,你知道,你有一台电脑,它有各种设计选择。
And I am a big believer that we like, we work at the limit of our devices, you know, you have that computer and it has a bunch of design choices.
比如,它可以是开放的或封闭的,但不可能——注意这个访谈——它既封闭,又能在你忘记问萨姆问题时,悄悄在你耳边提醒你。
Like, could be open or closed, but it can't be you know, there's not like a, pay attention to this interview, but be closed and like whisper in my ear if I forget to ask Sam a question or whatever.
也许那样会很有帮助。
Maybe that would be helpful.
而且,比如,它有一个屏幕,这限制了你能做的事情,就像图形用户界面几十年来一直如此。
And there's, like, you know, there's, like, a screen and that, limits you to the kind of same way we've had graphical user interfaces working for many decades.
还有,比如,键盘的设计初衷是为了减缓你输入信息的速度。
And there's, you know, a keyboard that was built to like slow down how fast you could get information into it.
这些长期以来一直是不容置疑的假设,但它们确实有效。
And these have just been unquestioned assumptions for a long time, but they worked.
然后,一种全新的事物出现了,它打开了一个可能性空间,但我认为当前设备的形态并不是最优的匹配。
And then this totally new thing came along and it opens up a possibility space, but I don't think the current form factor of devices is the optimal fit.
如果这种全新的可用性出现时,设备形态却恰好是最优的,那反而会很奇怪。
It'd be very odd if it were for this like incredible new affordance we have.
天啊,关于这个我们可以聊上一小时,但我们还是继续下一个话题吧。
Oh man, we could talk for an hour about this, but let's move on to the next one.
云。
Cloud.
我们已经讨论过构建云了。
We've talked about building a cloud.
这是我们收到的一封听众来信。
Here's an email we got from a listener.
在我们公司,我们正在从Azure迁移出来,直接与OpenAI集成,以驱动产品中的AI体验。
At my company, we're moving off Azure and directly integrating with OpenAI to power our AI experiences in the product.
重点是通过整个系统注入数万亿个令牌来驱动AI体验。
The focus is to insert a stream of trillions of tokens powering AI experiences through the stack.
这就是计划以这种方式打造一个庞大的云业务吗?
Is is that the plan to build a big big cloud business in that in that way?
首先,数万亿个令牌,真是大量的令牌。
First of all, trillions of tokens, a lot of tokens.
如果你问到计算需求和我们的企业战略,我们的企业客户已经明确表示了。
And if, you know, you asked about the need for compute and our enterprise strategy, like, our enterprises have been clear Yeah.
他们告诉我们,希望从我们这里购买多少令牌。
With us about how many tokens they'd like to buy from us.
但到2026年,我们仍将无法满足需求。
And we are going to again fail in 2026 to meet demand.
但我们的策略是,大多数公司都希望找像我们这样的公司,说:我希望我的公司名字与AI联系在一起。
But the strategy is companies, most companies seem to want to come to a company like us and say, I like the name of my company with AI.
我需要一个为我公司定制的API。
I need an API customized for my company.
我需要为我的公司定制ChachiPTO企业版。
I need ChachiPTO Enterprise customized for my company.
我需要一个平台,能够运行所有这些代理,并且让我放心地使用我的数据。
I need a platform that can like run all these agents that I can trust my data on.
我需要有能力将数万亿的令牌集成到我的产品中。
I need the ability to get trillions of tokens into my product.
我需要让我的所有内部流程变得更加高效。
I need the ability to have all my internal processes be more efficient.
而我们目前还没有一个出色的全方位解决方案来满足他们。
And we don't currently have like a great all in one offering for them.
我们希望打造这样一个方案。
And we'd like to make that.
你的雄心是将它打造成与AWS和Azure齐名的产品吗?
Is your ambition to put it up there with the AWS and Azure of the world?
我认为它和那些属于不同类型的東西。
I think it's I think it's a different kind of thing than those.
我的意思是,我其实并没有野心去提供所有那些托管网站的服务,我甚至都不太清楚那些是什么。
Like, don't I don't really have an ambition to go offer whatever all the services you have to offer to host a website or I don't even know.
但我觉得这个概念没错。
But but I I I think the concept yeah.
我猜人们会继续使用他们所谓的网络云。
My my guess is that people will continue to have their call it web cloud.
然后我认为还会出现另一种情况,即一家公司会说:我需要一个AI平台,来处理我想做的所有内部事务、我想提供的服务等等。
And then I think there will be this other thing where, like, a company will be like, I need an AI platform for everything that I wanna do internally, service I wanna offer, whatever.
而且,你知道,从某种意义上说,它确实运行在物理硬件上,但我认为它会是一个相当不同的产品形态。
And, you know, like it does kind of live on the physical hardware in some sense, but I think it'll be a fairly different product offering.
我们快速聊聊发现吧。
Let's talk about discovery quickly.
你提到过一件事让我很感兴趣,你说模型明年会有一些小的发现,五年内会有大的突破。
You've said something that's been really interesting to me, you that you think that the models or maybe it's people working with models or the models make small discoveries next year and big ones within five.
是指模型本身吗?
Is that the models?
是那些与它们一起工作的人吗?
Is it people working alongside them?
是什么让你确信这会发生?
And what makes you confident that that's going to happen?
是的。
Yeah.
人们使用模型,比如那些能自己找出要问什么问题的模型,这感觉还很遥远。
People using the models like the models that can like figure out their own questions to ask that does feel further off.
但如果世界正在从新知识中受益,我们应当感到非常兴奋。
But if the world is benefiting from new knowledge, like we should be very thrilled.
而且,我觉得人类进步的整个历程就是我们不断制造出更好的工具,然后人们用它们去做更多的事情。
And, you know, like, I think the whole course of human progress has been that we build these better tools and then people use them to do more things.
在这个过程中,他们又制造出更多的工具。
Then out of that process, they build more tools.
这就像一层层的脚手架,我们一代代、一发现一发现地攀爬上去。
And it's this like scaffolding that we climb, like layer by layer, generation by generation, discovery by discovery.
人类提出问题这一事实,我认为丝毫不会削弱这个工具的价值。
And the fact that human's asking the question, I think in no way diminishes the value of the tool.
所以我觉得这很棒。
So I think it's great.
我非常开心。
I'm all happy.
今年年初,我以为小发现会从2026年开始。
At the beginning of this year, I thought the small discoveries were going start in 2026.
它们在2025年,也就是2025年底就开始了。
They started in 2025, in late twenty twenty five.
这些发现都还非常微小。
Again, these are very small.
我真的不想夸大它们。
I really don't want to overstate them.
但任何一点进展,对我来说都与毫无进展有着本质的不同。
But anything feels qualitatively to me very different than nothing.
当然,当我们三年前推出ChatGPT时,那个模型并不会为人类知识总量做出任何新贡献。
And certainly in the when we launched ChatGPT three years ago, that model was not going to make any new contribution to the total of human knowledge.
从现在看未来五年,这条通往重大发现的旅程,我怀疑这就像AI正常的爬坡过程。
What it looks like from here to five years from now, this journey to big discoveries, I suspect it's just like the normal hill climb of AI.
它每季度只是变得稍微好一点。
It just gets like a little bit better every quarter.
然后突然间,我们发现,由这些模型增强的人类正在做五年前人类绝对做不到的事情。
And then all of a sudden we're like, woah, humans augmented by these models are doing things that humans five years ago just absolutely couldn't do.
而且,不管我们主要将这些成就归功于更聪明的人类还是更聪明的模型,只要我们能获得科学发现,我就
And, you know, whether we mostly attribute that to smarter humans or smarter models, as long as we get the scientific discoveries, I'm
无论如何都感到非常高兴。
very happy either way.
明年上市吗?
IPO next year?
我不知道。
I don't know.
你希望成为一家上市公司吗?
Do you want to be a public company?
你看起来可以长期保持私有状态。
You seem like you can operate private for a long time.
你在资金需求之前就上市了。
When you go before you needed to, in terms of funding.
这里涉及很多因素。
There's like a whole bunch of things at play here.
我认为公众市场能够参与价值创造,这很酷。
I do think it's cool that public markets get to participate in value creation.
如果你看看任何之前的公司,我们上市的时间将会非常晚。
And, in some sense, we will be very late to go public, if you look at any previous company.
做一家私有公司真好。
It's wonderful to be a private company.
我们需要大量资金。
We need lots of capital.
我们迟早会突破所有的股东人数限制之类的问题。
We're gonna, you know, cross all of the sort of shareholder limits and stuff at some point.
那么,我作为一家上市公司的CEO会感到兴奋吗?
So am I excited to be a public company CEO?
0%。
0%.
我对OpenAI成为一家上市公司感到兴奋吗?
Am I excited for OpenAI to be a public company?
在某些方面,是的。
In some ways, I am.
但在某些方面,我觉得这会非常烦人。
And in some ways, I think it'd be really annoying.
我仔细听了你的Theo Vaughn访谈。
I listened to your Theo Vaughn interview very closely.
很棒的访谈。
Great interview.
他真的很酷。
He was really cool.
Theo 真的很懂行。
Theo really knows what he's talking about.
是的。
Yeah.
他太棒了。
He's awesome.
决定让约书亚·本吉奥。
Deciding Joshua Bengio.
他做了充分的准备。
He's he did his homework.
你告诉他,就在 GPT-5 发布之前,GPT-5 在几乎所有方面都比我们聪明。
You told him this was right before GPT five came out that GPT five is smarter than us in almost every way.
我认为这正是通用人工智能的定义。
I I thought that that was the definition of AGI.
这不就是AGI吗?
Does is that isn't that AGI?
如果不是,那么这个术语是否已经变得有些无意义了?
And and if not, has the term become somewhat meaningless?
这些模型显然在某种
These models are clearly extremely smart on a sort
纯粹的算力基础上极其聪明。
of raw horsepower basis.
你知道,最近几天到处都在说GPT 5.2的智商是147、144、151之类的。
You know, there's all this stuff out in the last couple of days about GPT 5.2 has an IQ of 147 or 144 or 151 or whatever it is.
这取决于是谁的测试,总之是个很高的数字,而且很多领域专家都说它能完成这些惊人的任务,它正在让事情变得更高效。
It's like, you know, depending on whose test it's like, it's some high number and you have like a lot of experts in their field saying it can do these amazing things and it's like contributing, it's making it more effective.
你提到了我们讨论过的所有事物的GDP。
You have the GDP of all things we talked about.
但你缺少的一点是,模型无法在今天意识到自己做不到某件事,然后去主动学习如何掌握它、理解它。
One thing you don't have is the ability for the model to not be able to do something today, realize it can't, go off and figure out how to learn to get good at that thing, learn to understand it.
当你第二天回来时,它就能做对了。
And when you come back the next day, it gets it right.
这种持续学习的能力,就像幼儿能做到的那样。
And that kind of continuous learning like toddlers can do it.
在我看来,这似乎是我们需要构建的重要部分。
It does seem to me like an important part of what we need to build.
那么,没有这种能力,你还能拥有大多数人会认为是AGI的东西吗?
Now, can you have something that most people would consider an AGI without that?
我会说,显然不能。
I would say clear.
我的意思是,很多人会认为我们现在的模型就已经是AGI了。
I mean, there's a lot of people that would say we're at AGI with our current models.
我认为几乎所有人都会同意,如果我们现在的智能水平再加上这种能力,那显然会非常接近AGI。
I think almost everyone would agree that if we were at the current level of intelligence and had that other thing, it would clearly be very AGI like.
但也许世界上大多数人会说:好吧,就算没有这个,它也能完成大多数重要的知识性任务。
But maybe most of the world will say: Okay, fine even without that, like it's doing most knowledge tasks that matter.
比我们更聪明,在大多数方面都超越了我们,我们已经达到了AGI。
Smarter than us and most of us in most ways, we're at AGI.
你知道,它正在发现新的科学小发现,我们已经达到了AGI。
You know, it's discovering small pieces of new science, we're at AGI.
我认为这意味着,尽管我们所有人都很难停止使用这个词,但它定义得非常模糊。
What I think this means is that the term, although it's been very hard for all of us to stop using, is very under defined.
我有一个建议:既然我们在AGI上搞错了,从未明确定义过它,那么现在大家关注的新术语是当我们达到超级智能时。
I have a candidate like, one thing I would love since we got it wrong with AGI, we never defined that, that, you know, the new term everyone's focused about is when we get to super intelligence.
所以,我的建议是我们达成共识:AGI就像一阵风一样过去了,它并没有对世界产生太大影响,或者至少长期来看会,但好吧,我们确实在某个时刻建造了AGI,我们现在正处于一个模糊阶段,有些人认为我们已经有了,有些人认为我们有了,更多人认为我们有了,然后我们会问:接下来是什么?
So, my proposal is that we agree that, you know, AGI kind of went wooshing by, it was didn't change the world that much, or it will in the long term, but okay fine, we've built AGIs at some point, you know, we're in this like fuzzy period where some people think we have and some people think we have and more people think we have and then we'll say, okay, what's next?
超级智能的一个候选定义是:当一个系统能够比任何人类(即使借助AI辅助)更好地担任美国总统、大型公司的首席执行官,或管理一个大型科学实验室时。
A candidate definition for superintelligence is when a system can do a better job being president of The United States, CEO of a major company, you know, running a very large scientific lab than any person can, even with the assistance of AI.
好的。
Okay.
我认为关于国际象棋发生的事很有趣,那时国际象棋已经超越了人类。
I think this was an interesting thing about what happened with chess, where chess got it could be humans.
我对此记忆犹新,就是深蓝那件事。
I remember this very vividly, that deep blue thing.
然后有一段时间,人类和AI合作比单独的AI表现更好。
And then there was a period of time where a human and the AI together were better than an AI by itself.
后来,人类反而拖了后腿。
And then the person was just making it worse.
最聪明的做法是那个没有人类参与的纯AI,它根本不理解自己的强大智能。
And the smartest thing was the unaided AI that didn't have the human, like, not understanding its, its great intelligence.
我觉得类似这样的情况,可以作为一个关于超级智能的有趣框架。
I something like that is like an interesting framework for superintelligence.
我认为这还远得很,但我希望这次能有一个更清晰的定义。
I think it's like a long way off, but I would love to have like a cleaner definition this time around.
好吧,萨姆,我用了三年时间每天都在使用你的产品。
Well, Sam, look, I have been in your products using them daily for three years.
谢谢
Thank you
非常感谢。
very much.
确实进步了很多。
Definitely gotten a lot better.
简直无法想象它们接下来会发展到什么地步。
Can't even imagine where they go from here.
我们会努力尽快让它们变得更好。
We'll we'll try to keep getting them better fast.
好的。
Okay.
这是我们第二次交谈,我非常感谢你两次都如此坦诚。
And this is our second time speaking, and I appreciate how open you've been both times.
所以谢谢你。
So thank you
感谢你的时间。
for your time.
感谢大家收听和观看。
Thank you everybody for listening and watching.
如果你是第一次来,请点击关注或订阅。
If you're here for the first time, please hit follow or subscribe.
我们的频道上有许多精彩的访谈,而且还有更多即将上线。
We have lots of great interviews on the feed and more on the way.
过去一年,我们两次邀请了谷歌DeepMind的首席执行官德米斯·哈萨比斯,其中一次还邀请了谷歌创始人谢尔盖·布林。
This past year, we've had Google DeepMind CEO, Demis Esabes on twice, including one with Google founder Sergey Brin.
我们还邀请了Anthropic的首席执行官达里奥·阿莫迪,2026年还将有更多重磅访谈即将推出。
We've also had Dario Amode, the CEO of Anthropic, and we have plenty of big interviews coming up in 2026.
再次感谢,我们下次再见于《科技大观》播客。
Thanks again, and we'll see you next time on big technology podcast.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。