本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
按照计划执行。
Follow the plan.
按照计划执行。
Follow the plan.
按照计划执行。
Follow the plan.
别被情绪左右。
Buck your mood.
按照计划执行。
Follow the plan.
每年我都会为我的业务制定一个为期十二个月的计划。
Every year, I map out a twelve month plan for my business.
我这样做是因为我想提前把所有艰难的思考都完成,这样每天当我投入业务时,只需要执行即可。
I do this because I'm trying to get all the hard thinking done ahead of time so that every day when I step into my business, I just get to execute.
我不必一直反复思考。
I don't have to keep thinking.
我喜欢把决策时间与执行时间分开。
I like separating my decision making time from my execution time.
每个星期天,我都会安排好整个星期的日程。
Every Sunday, I will schedule my entire week.
我会安排好所有的会议。
I will schedule all my meetings.
我会安排好所有的锻炼。
I will schedule all my workouts.
我会安排好呼吸练习的时间、做项目的时间、要吃的晚餐、要度过的约会之夜。
When I'm going to do my breathing, when I'm going to do a project, dinners I'm going to have, date nights I'm going to have.
我这样做是因为我想提前完成决策,避免在一天开始时浪费精力去想:今天该做什么?
And I do this because I wanna front load the decision making and avoid wasting my energy when I get to my day of like, what should I do today?
我认为这能减轻压力。
I think that it reduces stress.
我认为这能防止我们逃避该做的事,并确保我在切换大脑的这两个模式时不会耗尽精力。
I think it prevents us from avoiding shit we need to do, and it makes sure I don't lose energy switching between those two sides of my brain.
如果你的星期一到周日没有规划好,那你已经输掉了这一周。
If your week isn't planned by Sunday, you have already lost the week.
顶尖的百分之一的高手,他们的方法完全不同。
The top one percent of performers have cracked the code differently.
明白吗?
Okay?
他们不是学得更好。
They don't learn better.
他们是学得更快。
They learn faster.
我是通过惨痛的教训才意识到这一点的。
I discovered this the hard way.
当我从一无所有、充满挫败感,到最终建立起一家价值数百万美元的公司时。
When I went from being broke and I was frustrated to finally being able to build a multimillion dollar company.
并不是因为我变得更聪明了。
Not because I got smarter.
我变得更快了。
I got faster.
你得不到你最想要的东西。
You do not get what you want most in life.
你得到的是你努力争取的东西。
You get what you work for.
而大多数人实际上是在努力维持自己的舒适区。
And most people are actually working to keep their comfort.
人人都说他们想要成功。
Everybody says they want success.
但很少有人能用实际行动证明这一点。
Very few people can actually show it with their actions.
如果你的时间、日程和金钱没有反映出你的目标和你声称想要的生活,那就对自己诚实一点。
If your time and your calendar and your money do not reflect your goals and the life that you say you want, then be honest with yourself.
你其实更想要你现在拥有的生活,而不是你声称想要的那一种。
You want the life you currently have more than the one you say you want.
就是这样。
That's it.
如果你更想要那个,你早就已经在通往它的路上了。
If you wanted that one more, you would be on your way to getting it.
欲望与行为之间的脱节,让你困在自己憎恨的模式和生活中,因为这些模式比选择成长更容易。
The disconnect between desire and behavior is what keeps you stuck in the patterns that you hate and the life that you hate, because those patterns are easier than choosing growth.
尊重始于你自己。
Respect starts with you.
明白吗?
Okay?
让我们从你被灌输过的最大的谎言开始。
Let's start with the biggest lie that you've ever been told.
明白吗?
Okay?
尊重是靠他人给予的。
Respect is earned from others.
你不是靠赢得尊重。
You don't earn respect.
你是通过树立标准来获得尊重。
You set the standard for it.
而大多数人把标准定得太低了。
And most people set the bar way too low.
如果有人背叛你,你心里想着‘我会离开’,那你没必要对他们大喊大叫。
If somebody cheats on you and you're thinking to yourself, I will leave, you don't need to yell at them.
你也不需要骂他们是混蛋,因为你知道当你这么做的时候会发生什么吗?
Don't You need to tell them they're a piece of shit because guess what happens when you do that?
你会失去对自己的尊重。
You lose respect for yourself.
下次你的老板对你大吼大叫,说些贬低你的话时。
The next time your boss yells at you, they say something demeaning to you.
他们做了不道德的事。
They do something unethical.
你就离开。
You just leave.
关键是你要足够尊重自己,从而离开这种情境,而不必情绪崩溃地向别人发泄,因为那样会让你更加看不起自己。
It's about you respecting yourself enough to walk away from the situation and not need to emotionally vomit on somebody because that, again, is going to make you respect yourself less.
相信自己掌控一切,不仅仅改变你的思维模式。
Believing you're in charge does not just change your mindset.
它还会改变你的结果,因为它决定了你在困难面前愿意付出多少努力。
It changes your results because it determines how much effort you're willing to put in when things get hard.
因为如果你认为一切都取决于别人,你觉得你会有多努力呢?
Because if you believe it's all up to other people, how hard do you think you're going to try?
在心理学中,这被称为控制点。
Now in psychology, this is called the locus of control.
明白吗?
Okay?
拥有内在控制点的人相信,他们塑造了自己在世界中的结果。
People with an internal locus believe that they shape their outcomes in the world.
而具有外部控制点的人则认为,命运或外界力量决定了发生的事情。
Whereas people that have an external locus believe that fate for other people or powers outside of themselves decide what happens.
意志力和动力就像电池,会不断耗尽。
Willpower and motivation are like bap, so they're going to constantly deplete.
结构才是你力量的来源,而自律则像坚韧的力量。
Structure is where you derive power from, and discipline is like the power of grit.
当我刚开始潜水时,我告诉自己,我就硬撑着吧。
When I first started diving, I told myself, I'm just gonna white knuckle it.
别吃任何不健康的东西。
Like, don't eat anything bad.
别吃这个。
Don't eat this.
别吃那个。
Don't eat that.
但我总是会屈服,因为我依赖的是动力。
And I would always cave because I was relying on motivation.
我当时依赖的是意志力。
I was relying on willpower.
它会耗尽。
It would run out.
然后我就忍不住吃了我不想吃的东西。
And then I would end up eating something I didn't wanna eat.
如果你的目标依赖于有动力的感觉,那你已经落后了,因为动力是不可靠的。
If your goals rely on feeling motivated, then you're already behind because motivation is unreliable.
好的。
Okay.
与其依赖动力,不如建立结构。
Instead of relying on motivation, you create structure.
那这看起来是什么样子呢?
So what does that look like?
如果我想减肥,而且要去吃饭,我会提前查看晚餐的菜单。
If I want to lose weight and I'm going out to dinner, I'm going to look at the menus for the dinner ahead of time.
到了那里,我就不用再想了。
When I get there, I don't have to think.
我不用决定要吃什么。
I don't have to decide what I'm going to eat.
我只需要吃我之前已经决定好的东西。
I just get to eat what I already decided about.
如果你没有结构和系统,那么你很快就会耗尽动力,永远无法实现目标,因为你缺乏实现目标所需的真实结构。
If you don't have structure and you don't have systems, then you quickly burn through your motivation and you don't ever get to achieve your goals because you don't have the real structure it requires to achieve one.
重复在人生中胜过许多东西。
Repetition beats so many things in life.
如果你一遍又一遍地做同一件事,就像数量抵消了运气。
If you just do things over and over and over again, it's like volume negates luck.
所以你不需要靠运气去找到伴侣。
And so you don't need to get lucky at finding a spouse.
你也不需要再靠运气了。
You don't need to get lucky yet.
你打算成交吗?
Are you gonna make the sale?
我不是靠运气。
I didn't get lucky.
我只是打了上千次电话。
I just have taken a thousand bats.
到目前为止,我已经做了上万次了。
I have done it 10,000 times at this point.
这根本不是运气。
Like, it's not luck.
所以我认为,对很多人来说,他们会想,我需要做的是什么?
And so I think for a lot of people, they're like, what's the thing I need to do?
就是要主动去寻找拒绝,然后进行超量的重复。
It's like seek out the no, and then do an unreasonable amount of volume.
回答这个问题。
Answer this.
你生命中有没有过在还没准备好就采取行动的时候?
What is a time in your life where you took action before you felt ready?
那后来发生了什么?
And what happened?
我花了多少年才觉得自己有资格制作内容呢?
Wonder how many years it's taken me to feel competent at making content?
已经三年半了。
It's been three and a half years.
我觉得就在过去三个月里,我第一次觉得自己在制作内容方面真正有本事了。
I think in the last three months, that was the first time that I ever felt competent in making content.
大多数人恰恰搞反了。
Most people have this backwards.
他们一辈子都在等自己准备好,而不是通过行动来获得准备感。
They wait their entire life to feel ready instead of acting their way to readiness.
自信并不是先来的。
Confidence does not come first.
在你完成第一次动作之前,你不会感到自信。
You're not gonna feel confident before you do the first rep.
你在第二次动作时才会感到自信或更自信,但在第一次动作之前你不会感到自信。
You will feel confident or more confident on the second rep, but you will not feel confident before the first rep.
行动必须先于一切。
Action comes first.
行动带来经验。
Action builds experience.
经验随后培养能力。
Experience then builds competence.
对吧?
Right?
你正在掌握这项技能。
You're getting the skill.
而这种能力,这些技能,才是建立自信的根源。
And then that competence, having those skills, is what creates confidence.
就是这样。
That's it.
但如果你以前没做过,你永远不会觉得准备好了。
But if you haven't done it before, you're never gonna feel ready.
如果我感到不安全、不确定,我通常会立刻意识到——大概需要五到十分钟,然后我就想:哦,我得采取行动了。
If I'm feeling insecure and I'm feeling uncertain, I immediately, like, it usually takes me like five or ten minutes, and then I'm like, oh, I need to take action.
我现在必须直面这种不安全感,无论它是什么,无论让我感到极度不安的是什么,让我特别害怕的是什么,我都得迎上去,而不是逃避。
I need to lean into the insecurity right now, which is whatever it is that's making me feel super insecure, whatever it is that's like really scaring me, I need to go into it, not away from it.
大多数时候,我害怕是因为我以前没做过,或者因为这是新事物,因为我对它了解不够。
Most of times what it is is that I'm scared of something because I haven't done it before, or because it's new to me, because I don't know enough about it.
自信来自能力,而能力来自尝试。
Confidence comes from competence, and competence comes from trying something.
所以你必须先去尝试做某事,然后获得能力,等能力足够了,就会获得自信。
So you have to try doing something, then you gain competence, and then once you have enough competence, you gain confidence.
情绪是我们无法清晰思考的最主要原因,尤其是当压力、恐惧和紧迫感出现时,它们都会蒙蔽我们的判断。
Emotions are the top reason that we cannot think clearly, especially when stress, fear, urgency, they all cloud our judgment.
我给自己定了一条规则,我想把这条规则分享给你们。
There's a rule that I've made for myself, and I I want to give this rule to you guys.
如果我情绪激动,我就不会做决定。
If I feel emotional, I do not make a decision.
当你的情绪高涨时,你的决策错误也会随之增加。
When your emotions spike, so do all the errors in your decision making.
我们一直被灌输一种观念:痛苦等于学习。
We've been conditioned to think that suffering equates to learning.
但现实是,长期的痛苦实际上会通过让大脑持续处于压力状态而阻碍学习。
But the reality is, is that prolonged suffering actually impairs learning by keeping your brain in stress mode.
那些始终处于巅峰状态的人,需要的是极致的恢复。
Peak performance, people who are always at their highest, they require peak recovery.
如果你总是对自己进行精神上的苛责,就做不到这一点。
And you can't do this if you're always mentally beating yourself up.
所以,我特别喜欢做的一件事是:下次你对自己感到懊恼时,设置一个24小时的倒计时。
So this is something that I actually really like to do, which is the next time that you feel bad about something, I want you to set a twenty four hour timer.
在你的手机上,真的,设个倒计时。
On your phone, for real, like set a timer.
你有二十四小时的时间为这个错误感到难过。
You get twenty four hours to feel bad about that mistake.
好好消化它。
Process it.
从中吸取教训。
Learn from it.
然后滚蛋,别再纠结了。
Move the fuck on.
看看你的日历。
Look at your calendar.
看看你的银行账户。
Look at your bank account.
然后问问自己,什么和你声称想要的东西对不上?
And then ask yourself, what doesn't line up with what you say you want?
所以,圈出你正在花费时间或金钱却无法带你走向理想生活的那一件事,然后用能带你走向目标的事取而代之。
So circle the one thing that you are spending time or money on that is not leading to the life you want, and then replace that with something that will.
坚持这样做一周、一个月、一年。
Do this for a week, a month, a year.
正是这类微小的改变,日积月累,真正让你成为你想成为的人。
It's the little changes like this that compound and actually bring you to the person you wanna be.
让自己变快的最快方法,就是给自己认为所需时间的一半。
The fastest way to get faster is to give yourself half the time that you think is needed.
我已经学会利用帕金森定律来鞭策自己。
I've learned to use Parkinson's law against myself.
帕金森定律说的是,工作会膨胀以填满所有可用的时间。
Parkinson's law is work expands to fill the time available.
如果我觉得某件事需要两周完成,我就给自己一周。
If I think that something will take me two weeks, I give myself one.
如果我觉得需要四个小时,我就给自己两个小时。
If I think it's gonna take four hours, I give myself two.
而这就是我所看到发生的变化。
And here's what I have seen happen.
我变得更加富有创意。
I become more innovative.
我只专注于真正能产生影响的事情。
I focus on only the things that actually move the needle.
我做决定的速度更快了。
I make decisions faster.
时间压力并不会带来压力。
Time pressure doesn't create stress.
它带来的是清晰。
It creates clarity.
因为时间越少,你反而越快能弄清楚什么才是重要的。
Because the less time you have, the faster you actually figure out what matters.
这很有趣,因为人们总是这么说。
It's funny because people say all the time.
他们说,你知道吗?
They're like, you know what?
我真想看看你的一天是什么样子,莱拉。
I would love to see a day in your life, Layla.
而我则说,那简直无聊透顶。
And I'm like, well, that's boring as fuck.
因为我的生活是一套系统。
Because my life is a system.
我的生活是由每天串联起来的一系列系统组成的。
My life is a series of systems strung together every day.
所以我有锻炼的系统。
So it means like I have a system for working out.
我有婚姻的系统。
I have a system for my marriage.
我有商业的系统。
I have a system for my business.
我的生活中每个方面都有一个系统。
I have a system for every aspect of my life.
我也知道情绪是短暂的,而我渴望的是长期的满足感——知道自己能坚持下去,掌控自己,并且掌握了某件事。
I also know that feelings are fleeting, and I want the long term satisfaction of knowing that I can stick with something, knowing I have control over myself, and knowing that I've mastered something.
我观察到,当你开始行动时,这些积累会逐渐显现,然后你会开始对自己感觉更好,因为你心里会想:我信任自己。
And what I've seen is that when you start doing it, it adds up, and then you start to feel better about yourself because you're like, I trust myself.
我信任自己能坚持计划。
I trust myself to stick with the plan.
我信任自己会支持自己。
I trust myself to have my own back.
归根结底,自律不仅会让你更接近目标。
And at the end of the day, discipline is not just going to bring you closer to your goals.
它还会让你更接近你想成为的那个人。
It's going to bring you closer to the person that you want to be.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。