Business English Pod :: Learn Business English - 技能360——培养良好习惯(1) 封面

技能360——培养良好习惯(1)

Skills 360 – Developing Good Habits (1)

本集简介

https://traffic.libsyn.com/secure/bizpod/360.107-Habits-1.mp3 欢迎回到《商务英语技能360》播客,今天我们来探讨如何培养职场成功所需的良好习惯。 新年伊始,人们往往觉得是立下宏大目标或对自己许下承诺的绝佳时机:要立即回电话,保持桌面整洁,收到新邮件时不立刻打开,更好地管理时间……立下这些目标确实让人感觉很棒。但到了二月,当你意识到自己一个承诺都没兑现时,那种感觉可就不那么好了。 在大多数情况下,问题在于人们本能地认为,设定目标或做出承诺就足够了。但事实并非如此。如果不审视支撑具体习惯或行为的系统,单靠设定目标毫无意义。光有意愿是不够的,你必须深入分析好习惯与坏习惯背后发生的一切,并为正确的行为创造合适的条件。 会员专属:课程模块 | 测验与词汇 | PDF文稿 下载:播客MP3>>> 《技能360——培养良好习惯(1)》这篇文章首次出现在Business English Pod :: 在线学习商务英语。

双语字幕

仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。

Speaker 0

商业技能三十六度。

Business Skills three sixty.

Speaker 0

一档探讨商业英语另一面的播客。

The podcast that looks at the other side of business English.

Speaker 0

大家好,欢迎回到《技能三十六度》播客。

Hello, and welcome back to the Skills three sixty podcast.

Speaker 0

我是您的主持人蒂姆·西蒙斯。

I'm your host, Tim Simmons.

Speaker 0

今天,我们将探讨在工作中培养良好习惯以取得成功。

And today, we're going to look at developing good habits for success at work.

Speaker 0

新年伊始,似乎是做出重大决心或对自己许下承诺的绝佳时机。

The start of a new year feels like the right time to make big resolutions or promises to yourself.

Speaker 0

你会及时回电。

You're going to call people back promptly.

Speaker 0

你会保持桌面整洁。

You're going to keep a tidy desktop.

Speaker 0

你打算一收到新邮件就立即停止阅读。

You're going to stop reading new emails as soon as they come in.

Speaker 0

你打算更好地管理你的时间。

You're going to manage your time better.

Speaker 0

制定这些决心确实让人感觉很棒,但到了二月,当你意识到自己根本没兑现任何承诺时,那种感觉可就不妙了。

It sure feels great to make these resolutions, but what doesn't feel great is the realization in February that you haven't made good on any of your promises.

Speaker 0

在大多数情况下,问题在于人们本能地认为,设定目标或做出承诺就足够了,但事实并非如此。

In most cases, the problem is that people intuitively believe that setting a goal or making a resolution is enough, but it's not.

Speaker 0

在不考虑支持特定习惯或行为的系统的情况下设定目标,是毫无用处的。

Setting a goal without looking at the systems that support specific habits or behaviors is useless.

Speaker 0

光有意愿是不够的。

Intention isn't enough.

Speaker 0

你需要剖析习惯背后发生的一切,无论是好习惯还是坏习惯,并为正确的行为创造合适的条件。

You need to break down what happens around habits, both good and bad, and create the right conditions for the right behaviors.

Speaker 0

正如我所说,习惯可能是好的,也可能是坏的。

As I said, habits can be either good or bad.

Speaker 0

无论是好习惯还是坏习惯,都遵循心理学家发现的三步模式。

Both good and bad habits follow a three step pattern identified by psychologists.

Speaker 0

首先是提示,然后是行为,最后是奖励。

First, the cue, then the action, and finally a reward.

Speaker 0

提示是一种触发因素。

The cue is a kind of trigger.

Speaker 0

当提示出现时,就会引发实际的习惯行为。

When the cue occurs, then the actual habit behavior follows.

Speaker 0

一旦行为完成,就会获得某种奖励。

And once that behavior is complete, there's a reward of some sort.

Speaker 0

不,奖励不一定是金钱或冰淇淋。

No, it doesn't have to be money or ice cream.

Speaker 0

它可能仅仅是一种解脱感。

It could be as simple as a sense of relief.

Speaker 0

理解这个习惯循环,可以帮助你培养新的好习惯,改掉旧有的坏习惯。

Understanding this habit loop can help you develop new good habits and break lousy old ones.

Speaker 0

想在会议前做好更充分的准备吗?

Want to be better prepared for meetings?

Speaker 0

在每次会议前十五分钟设置一个闹钟,提醒你回顾需要了解的内容。

Set an alarm fifteen minutes before every meeting that tells you to review what you need to know.

Speaker 0

想及时回电话吗?

Want to call people back promptly?

Speaker 0

每天设定一个固定的时间来回电话。

Set a specific time every day when you return calls.

Speaker 0

通过这些方式,你正在创造支持新习惯的提示。

In these ways, you're creating cues to support the new habit.

Speaker 0

如果养成新习惯看起来很难,那就创造更强的奖励。

And if forming a new habit seems hard, then create stronger rewards.

Speaker 0

想每天早上面对一个整洁的办公桌,而不是那种自然堆积起来的杂乱文件吗?

Want to arrive to a tidy desk every morning instead of the haphazard pile that seems to naturally develop?

Speaker 0

每天整理好工作空间后,奖励自己一块巧克力。

Treat yourself to chocolate at the end of the day once you've organized your space.

Speaker 0

想确保你完成了那些你觉得很烦人的文书工作吗?

Want to make sure you've done that paperwork you find so annoying?

Speaker 0

如果你处理了它,就允许自己刷15分钟无脑的社交媒体。

Allow yourself 15 of mindless social media if you take care of it.

Speaker 0

心理学家推荐了一些有助于养成新习惯的小技巧。

Psychologists recommend a few tricks for new habit formation.

Speaker 0

首先,他们建议从小事做起。

For one thing, they recommend starting small.

Speaker 0

例如,如果你想定期为专注的项目工作腾出更多时间,不妨每天抽出三十分钟,而不是一次安排三小时。

For example, if you want to set aside more time regularly for focused project work, try carving out thirty minutes a day rather than a three hour block of time.

Speaker 0

习惯叠加是另一个流行的技巧。

Habit stacking is another popular trick.

Speaker 0

简单来说,就是把新习惯叠加在现有习惯上。

Basically, you piggyback a new habit onto an existing one.

Speaker 0

想多表扬一下你的员工吗?

Want to give more praise to your employees?

Speaker 0

把它加入每次团队会议的开场环节。

Build it into the opening of every team meeting.

Speaker 0

通过习惯叠加,你是在让自己更容易坚持。

By stacking habits, you're making it easier on yourself.

Speaker 0

在改掉坏习惯时,识别出诱因或触发点至关重要。

When it comes to breaking bad habits, identifying the cues or triggers is critical.

Speaker 0

一旦你知道了这些诱因,就可以消除它们,或者用更好的习惯替代坏习惯。

Once you know what they are, you can eliminate them or replace the bad habit with a better one.

Speaker 0

也许你容易分心,一有新邮件进来就忍不住打开阅读。

Maybe you're easily distracted and you tend to read new email as soon as it comes in.

Speaker 0

那你为什么还没关闭通知呢?

Then why haven't you turned off the notifications?

Speaker 0

或者,当你在处理需要专注的任务时,为什么不干脆完全关闭邮件程序呢?

Or why not close the email program completely when you're working on tasks that require focus?

Speaker 0

无论你想养成还是改掉什么习惯,都要问问自己:什么样的系统或安排能支持这种改变?

Whatever habit you want to make or break, ask yourself what system or setup will support that change.

Speaker 0

这样,你要么为新习惯减少阻力,要么为坏习惯制造障碍。

In this way, you're either reducing friction for new habits or creating friction to work against bad habits.

Speaker 0

想在工作中多喝水吗?

Want to drink more water at work?

Speaker 0

确保你的办公桌上放一瓶水。

Make sure you have a water bottle at your desk.

Speaker 0

不想给同事发刻薄的邮件吗?

Don't want to send snarky emails to your colleagues?

Speaker 0

定下一条规则:在回复非紧急的内部沟通前,必须至少等待十五分钟。

Make a rule that you must wait at least fifteen minutes before responding to non urgent internal communications.

Speaker 0

最后一个保持动力的建议:将你的习惯与你的身份联系起来。

One final suggestion for maintaining motivation, tie your habits to your identity.

Speaker 0

决定你想成为什么样的人,然后思考哪些习惯能支持它,哪些会削弱它。

Decide what type of person you want to be, then think of the habits that will support it and the ones that could undermine it.

Speaker 0

例如,我是一个善良的管理者,会指导团队成员取得成功。

For example, I'm a kind manager who coaches his team members for success.

Speaker 0

所以我有一些像给予表扬这样的习惯,并避免像事无巨细地监控任务这样的习惯。

So I have habits like providing praise and I avoid habits like micromanaging specific tasks.

Speaker 0

这些习惯印证了我想要的身份。

These habits confirm the identity I want.

Speaker 0

现在你已经了解了完整的习惯模式,并掌握了一些有用的技巧,你也可以培养支持你身份的习惯。

And you too can develop habits that support your identity now that you understand the full habit pattern and know some useful tricks.

Speaker 0

在下一课中,我们将更深入地探讨习惯的形成,并讨论如何帮助你的员工或下属养成良好的习惯。

In our next lesson, we'll look more closely at habit formation and talk about how you can support your employees or direct reports in developing good habits.

Speaker 0

今天的内容就到这里。

That's all for today.

Speaker 0

如果你想检验一下我们刚刚学过的内容,可以访问 businessenglishpod.com 网站。

If you'd like to test yourself on what we've just covered, have a look at the businessenglishpod.com website.

Speaker 0

在那里,你可以找到关于本期节目的测验以及PDF文稿。

There you'll find a quiz about today's show as well as a PDF transcript.

Speaker 0

再见,希望很快再见到你。

So long and see you again soon.

关于 Bayt 播客

Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。

继续浏览更多播客