Business English Pod :: Learn Business English - 技能360——培养良好习惯(2) 封面

技能360——培养良好习惯(2)

Skills 360 – Developing Good Habits (2)

本集简介

https://traffic.libsyn.com/secure/bizpod/360.108-Habits-2.mp3 欢迎回到《商务英语技能360》播客,今天我们探讨如何帮助他人在工作中养成良好习惯。 养成或改变自己的习惯已经够难了,但作为管理者或领导者,你该如何影响他人的习惯呢?也就是说,你如何确保员工拥有良好的习惯?以下是令人遗憾的真相:你无法强迫他人改变。但你可以创造有利于培养好习惯、抑制坏习惯的环境。 从一开始就要明确一点:习惯与简单服从是不同的。你是希望员工只在老板监督时才做事,还是希望这种行为成为自动的、员工因为这就是公司一贯的做法而自然去做的?换句话说,这关乎你的文化——包括人们共同养成的习惯。 会员专享:课程模块 | 测验与词汇 | PDF文稿 下载:播客MP3>>> 《技能360——培养良好习惯(2)》一文首次发布于Business English Pod :: 在线学习商务英语。

双语字幕

仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。

Speaker 0

商业技能三十六度。

Business Skills three sixty.

Speaker 0

一档探讨商业英语另一面的播客。

The podcast that looks at the other side of business English.

Speaker 0

大家好,欢迎回到《技能三十六度》播客。

Hello, and welcome back to the Skills three sixty podcast.

Speaker 0

我是你们的主持人蒂姆·西蒙斯。

I'm your host, Tim Simmons.

Speaker 0

今天,我们将探讨如何帮助他人在工作中养成良好的习惯。

And today, we're going to look at how you can help others to develop good habits at work.

Speaker 0

养成或改掉自己的习惯已经够难了。

Making and breaking your own habits is hard enough.

Speaker 0

但作为管理者或领导者,你该如何影响他人的习惯呢?

But as a manager or leader, how can you make or break habits in other people?

Speaker 0

我的意思是,你该如何确保员工拥有良好的习惯?

I mean, how can you make sure your employees have good habits?

Speaker 0

好吧,这是个令人沮丧的真相。

Well, here's the sad truth.

Speaker 0

你无法强迫人们改变,但你可以创造有利于培养好习惯、抑制坏习惯的环境。

You can't make people change, but you can create the conditions that foster good habits and disincentivize bad habits.

Speaker 0

从一开始就要注意习惯与简单服从之间的区别。

One thing to be mindful of from the outset is the difference between habits and simple compliance.

Speaker 0

我的意思是,你希望人们只有在老板盯着的时候才做事吗?

I mean, do you want people to do something only if and when their boss is watching?

Speaker 0

还是希望这种行为能成为一种自动反应?

Or do you want that behavior to be automatic?

Speaker 0

一种员工会去做,因为这在你们公司就是常态的事情。

Something that the employee does because that's just how things work in your company.

Speaker 0

换句话说,这就是你们文化中的运作方式,而文化包含了人们共同的习惯。

In other words, how things work in your culture, which includes people's shared habits.

Speaker 0

因此,这部分内容关乎你想培养什么样的文化。

So part of this is about what kind of culture you want to cultivate.

Speaker 0

如果你想培养一种支持创新的文化,那么你希望人们养成健康争论的习惯,以及各种学习习惯,比如在项目结束后花时间反思,并主动寻求他人的反馈。

If you want a culture that supports innovation, then you want people to have healthy disagreement habits and all sorts of learning habits like taking the time to reflect after a project and seeking feedback from others.

Speaker 0

你希望这些行为变得普遍、正常化且易于实现。

You want these behaviors to be widespread, normalized, and easy.

Speaker 0

要建立你想要的任何文化,你都必须营造支持这种文化的环境和体系。

To build whatever culture it is you want, you have to foster the environment and systems to support that.

Speaker 0

你希望人们在完成项目后进行反思吗?

You want people to reflect after finishing a project?

Speaker 0

设立项目复盘会议或事后回顾会,让员工锻炼反思的能力。

Establish project debrief meetings or postmortems where people can build those muscles of reflection.

Speaker 0

你希望人们能够彼此提出不同意见吗?

You want people to be able to disagree with each other?

Speaker 0

那么在会议中主动邀请团队成员表达反对意见。

Then ask your team for dissenting opinions during meetings.

Speaker 0

通过关注你所期望习惯形成的条件,你可以减少试图激励人们或说服他们尝试新事物的精力。

By focusing on the conditions for the habits you want, you can focus less on trying to motivate people or convincing them to do something new.

Speaker 0

作为领导者,你的职责之一就是以身作则,展现出你希望他人具备的那些习惯和行为。

And as a leader, a part of your role is modeling those habits and behaviors you want to see in others.

Speaker 0

如果你说人们不应该在晚上6点后发邮件,但你自己却经常在6点后发邮件,那你还指望什么呢?

If you say that people shouldn't be sending emails after 6PM, but you send emails after 6PM all the time, well, what do you expect?

Speaker 0

当然,有时你需要对个人进行辅导。

Of course, there are times when you're going to have to coach on an individual basis.

Speaker 0

这可能涉及管理那些有严重不良习惯的人,或支持一位真诚希望改进的员工。

It could be trying to manage a person with truly bad habits or support an earnest employee who wants to improve.

Speaker 0

无论如何,重要的是关注行为,而不是性格。

Either way, the important thing is to focus on behaviors not personalities.

Speaker 0

例如,想象有个人在会议中总是解释过多、喋喋不休,以避免受到批评。

For example, imagine someone tends to explain too much and go on and on in meetings to avoid criticism.

Speaker 0

你可以说他缺乏自信,或者太爱说话,但这种说法太个人化了。

You could say, you lack self confidence or you are too talkative, but that feels too personal.

Speaker 0

要求这个人改变这些特质,是相当困难的。

Asking the person to change those things is a tall order.

Speaker 0

这基本上是在说要变成另一个人。

It's basically saying be a different person.

Speaker 0

相反,试试看能否非常简要地总结你的行为。

Instead, try things like see if you can summarize your activities very briefly.

Speaker 0

如果一个人被质疑时立即变得防御性强,可以试着说:挑战自己,在回应前深呼吸并数到五。

And if the person tends to get immediately defensive when questioned, try saying, challenge yourself to take a deep breath and count to five before responding.

Speaker 0

这样,你关注的是可观察的行为,而不是性格。

In this way, you're focusing on observable behavior, not character.

Speaker 0

但请记住,行为是更大方程式的一部分。

But remember, behavior is part of a bigger equation.

Speaker 0

在上一课中,我们讨论了提示、行动和奖励。

In our last lesson, we talked about cues, actions, and rewards.

Speaker 0

当你为良好习惯创造条件时,要仔细思考与期望行为相关的提示和奖励。

As you create the conditions for good habits, think carefully about those cues and rewards around the desired action.

Speaker 0

注意在某人表现出不良习惯之前发生了什么,并留意某些行为之后发生了什么。

Notice what is happening before someone demonstrates a bad habit and pay attention to what happens after certain behaviors.

Speaker 0

人们是否因为按照你希望的方式做事而得到了奖励?

Are people being rewarded for doing things the way you want them to?

Speaker 0

即使你设置了良好的提示和奖励,一次也只能期望有限的改变。

Even when you set up good cues and rewards, there's only so much you can expect at one time.

Speaker 0

许多领导者常犯的一个错误是同时推动太多习惯改变。

One of the mistakes many leaders make is to push for too many habit changes at once.

Speaker 0

我们说人是习惯的生物,意思是习惯根深蒂固。

We say that people are creatures of habit to mean that habits are very deeply ingrained.

Speaker 0

以不同的方式做事绝非易事。

Doing things differently is no small feat.

Speaker 0

所以,不要指望员工一夜之间就改变他们的做事方式。

So don't expect your employees to transform their ways of working overnight.

Speaker 0

记住,作为领导者,你的职责不仅仅是告诉人们该做什么、不该做什么。

Remember, your job as a leader is not just to tell people what to do and what not to do.

Speaker 0

而是要通过关注系统、流程和支持,建立一种良好习惯的文化。

It's to build a culture of good habits by focusing on systems, processes, and supports.

Speaker 0

还要关注行为而非个性,因为即使事实如此,也没人喜欢觉得自己本质上是有缺陷的。

It's also focusing not on personality but on behaviors because nobody likes to feel they are fundamentally flawed even if it's true.

Speaker 0

作为习惯的引导者,你应该以身作则,展现你希望他人具备的行为,并拥抱塑造工作方式的低调力量。

As a habit leader, you should be modeling what you want to see in others and embracing the quiet power of shaping how things get done.

Speaker 0

今天就讲到这里。

That's all for today.

Speaker 0

如果你想检验一下我们刚刚讲过的内容,可以访问 businessenglishpod.com 网站。

If you'd like to test yourself on what we've just covered, have a look at the businessenglishpod.com website.

Speaker 0

在那里,你可以找到关于本期节目的测验以及PDF文本稿。

There you'll find a quiz about today's show as well as a PDF transcript.

Speaker 0

再见,希望很快再见到你。

So long and see you again soon.

关于 Bayt 播客

Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。

继续浏览更多播客