本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
WBUR 播客,波士顿。
WBUR Podcasts, Boston.
看看你能不能猜出这个谜语。
See if you can guess this riddle.
我每吃一口就增长,却从不满足,也永远不会饱足。
I grow with every bite I get, but never full or satisfied yet.
我会掏空钱包,毁掉国王,却仍索求最精致的东西。
I'll empty wallets, ruin kings, yet still demand the finest things.
答案是贪婪。
The answer is greed.
那种渴望和渴求超过我们真正需要的感觉。
That feeling of wanting and craving more than we actually need.
在今天的故事中,一个聪明的角色借助一些谷物、一些黄金和一桶谎言,展示了贪婪与需求之间的区别。
In today's tale, a clever character shows the difference between greed and need with help from some grain, some gold, and a barrel of lies.
我是丽贝卡·谢尔,欢迎收听《圆圈时光》,这里随时随地都有故事时间。
I'm Rebecca Scheer, and welcome to Circle Round, where story time happens all the time.
今天,我们的故事叫做《球与桶》。
Today, our story is called, balls, Barrels.
这个印度故事的主角是一位聪明机智的人物,你曾在《Circle Round》的多个其他节目中见过他——比尔巴尔。
This Indian tale features a wise and witty character you've met in several other Circle Round episodes, Beerball.
许多优秀的人共同为我们带来了这个民间故事的版本,其中包括拉维·V。
Some really great people came together to bring you our version of this folktale, including Ravi V.
帕特尔,福克斯喜剧《动物管控》的主演,同时也是浪漫喜剧纪录片《认识帕特尔》的联合编剧、联合导演兼主角。
Patel, star of the Fox comedy Animal Control and co writer, co director, and subject of the romantic comedy documentary Meet the Patels.
如果你是乐高迷,可能会认出拉维是《乐高大师少儿版》的明星搭档和导师。
You LEGO fans may recognize Ravi as a celebrity partner and mentor on LEGO Masters Jr.
所以,大家围过来,听比尔巴尔的桶的故事。
So circle around everyone for Beerballs Barrels.
比尔巴尔是皇帝的首席顾问。
Birbal was chief adviser to the emperor.
他以敏锐的智慧和敏捷的机智闻名,同时也担任法官,以出人意料的方式解决皇帝子民之间的纠纷。
Legendary for his razor sharp intellect and lightning fast wit, Birbal also acted as a judge, finding unexpected ways to settle disputes among the emperor's subjects.
有一天,两位这样的子民来到比尔巴的法庭,两位商人,一位名叫阿尔文德
One day, two such subjects came to Birbal's court, a pair of merchants, one named Arvind
谢谢你接见我们,比尔巴。
Thank you for seeing us, Birbal.
另一位名叫阿莎。
And one named Asha.
我们希望您能主持公道。
We hope you'll see to it that justice is served.
比尔巴从一位商人看到另一位商人。
Birbal looked from one merchant to the other.
我会尽力帮助你们。
I shall do my best to assist you.
那么告诉我,你们今天为何而来?
So tell me, what brings the two of you here today?
阿拉文德先开口了。
Aravind spoke up first.
是我提出这个诉讼的,比尔巴尔。
It is I who am bringing this case, Birbal.
你看,阿沙和我是一起长大的。
You see, Asha and I grew up together.
我们上同一所学校,有同样的朋友。
We went to the same school, had the same friends.
我们甚至都有同样的梦想,成为旅行商人。
We even had the same dream to become traveling merchants.
据我理解,你们确实做到了。
And as I understand it, you did.
确实,我们做到了。
Indeed, we did.
我们实现了梦想,但我最终在世界的某一地区做生意,而阿沙则在另一个地方。
We achieved our dream, but I wound up doing business in one part of the world while Asha wound up in another.
我们失去了联系,直到一年前在集市上相遇,才再次碰面。
The two of us lost touch, and we didn't cross paths again until one year ago when we encountered each other at a bazaar.
阿莎向我借钱。
And Asha asked to borrow money.
好的。
Okay.
你前面说的都对,直到最后一部分。
Everything you said was accurate until that last part.
阿温德和我确实在一年前的集市上相遇了,但我并没有开口借钱。
Arvind and I did encounter each other at a bazaar one year ago, but I did not ask to borrow money.
你明确表示自己急需用钱。
You made it very clear you were in need.
你当时说:‘阿温德,我欠一位重要人物500枚金币。’
You were all, oh, Arvin, I owe a very important person 500 gold pieces.
如果我凑不齐500枚金币,我就完蛋了。
And if I can't scrape together 500 gold pieces, I shall be ruined.
完蛋了。
Ruined.
我可没这么说。
I said no such thing.
你说得对。
You're right.
你可是呻吟着说的。
You moaned it.
哦,可怜的我。
Oh, poor me.
可怜的我。
Poor me.
我该怎么办才好?
Whatever will I do?
我听起来不像那样。
I don't sound like that.
敢打赌吗?
Wanna bet?
朋友们,如果你们希望我审理这个案件,那么我需要听到完整的故事。
Friends, if you would like me to hear this case, then I need to hear the whole story.
阿尔文,请你继续说好吗?
Arvind, can you please continue?
既高兴又痛苦。
With pleasure and with pain.
因为一年前的那一天,我对我那位老朋友深表同情。
Because on that fateful day one year ago, my heart went out to my old friend.
我主动提出借给她500金币,但一年过去了,她至今仍未归还。
I offered to loan her the 500 gold pieces and now one year later, she has yet to return them.
因为我根本就没借过这些钱。
Because I never borrowed them in the first place.
你确实借了。
Yes, you did.
说实话,如果不是我自己也急需用钱,我不会这么急着让她还钱的
And to be honest, I wouldn't be in such a hurry for her to repay the loan if I weren't in
麻烦。
trouble.
麻烦?
Trouble?
你遇到困难了吗?
Have you fallen on hard times?
你可以这么说。
You could say that.
上个月,我骑着马从一个村子到另一个村子时,遭到了强盗的袭击。
Last month, I was riding my horse from one village to another when I was set upon by bandits.
强盗?
Bandits?
太可怕了。
It was awful.
那些无情的贼偷走了所有东西,包括我的马和全部货物。
The heartless thieves stole everything, including my horse and all my goods.
所以我一无所有。
So I had nothing.
当我找到阿莎,去她那座崭新的豪华宅邸,恳求她归还我的金币时,她拒绝了。
And when I tracked Asha down at her big new fancy house and desperately asked for my coins back, she refused.
因为我根本不知道你在说什么。
Because I had no idea what you were talking about.
你从未借过我任何东西,阿尔温德。
You never lent me a thing, Arvind.
你自己也这么说的。
You said so yourself.
我住在这座崭新的豪华宅邸里。
I live in a big new fancy house.
我看起来像是需要借500枚金币的人吗?
Do I look like the type who needs to borrow 500 gold pieces?
去年你还借过。
Last year you did.
在集市上,你看起来非常可怜,所以我才同情你。
At the bazaar, you looked absolutely miserable, which is why I took pity on you.
然后你就利用了我。
Then you took advantage of me.
没有。
No.
你才是利用我,把我告上法庭,而这个案子根本毫无根据。
You are taking advantage of me by bringing me to court for a case with absolutely zero merit.
朋友们,作为本案的法官,我将决定这个案子是否有依据。
Friends, as the judge in this room, I shall decide whether this case has merit or not.
阿温德,你有什么证据证明你借给了阿莎500枚金币?
Arvind, what proof do you have that you lent Asha the 500 gold pieces?
我没有证据。
I have no proof.
阿莎是我的老朋友。
Asha was an old friend.
我根本没想到要写下来。
It didn't even occur to me to put something in writing.
不过她那栋华丽的新房子在我看来已经足够证明了。
Though her fancy new house seems like proof enough to me.
我听到了。
I heard that.
巴尔布,阿尔温德的行为完全失当。
Birbal, Arvind is being completely out of order.
我根本没有借钱。
I did not borrow any money.
因此,我不欠任何钱。
Therefore, I do not owe any money.
我之所以混得这么好,是因为努力工作,而不是什么虚假的贷款。
The reason I'm doing so well is because of hard work, not some bogus loan.
这笔贷款并不是虚假的。
The loan was not bogus.
朋友们,
Friends,
我相信我已经听到了我需要知道的一切,甚至更多。
I believe I've heard all that I need to hear and then some.
但在做出判决之前,我需要仔细思考一下。
But before I can deliver a verdict, I'll need to think things through.
所以请回家吧,去忙你们的事情。
So please go home, go about your business.
我向你们保证,我会在适当的时候给你们答复。
I promise you shall hear from me in due time.
商人离开后,比尔巴尔靠在椅子上,挠了挠头。
Once the merchants were gone, Birbal leaned back in his chair and scratched his head.
这个案子真是奇特。
This case is most curious.
为了做出判决,我需要采用一些奇特的方法。
And in order to declare a verdict, I'll need to employ some curious means.
书记员。
Clerk.
一名法庭书记员匆忙跑了进来。
A court clerk came rushing in.
比尔巴尔冲她露出了微笑。
Birbal flashed her a grin.
我想让你去皇家粮仓,给我搬两桶谷物来。
I'd like you to visit the Royal Granary and bring me two barrels of grain.
如果一切如我所愿,这两桶谷物将帮助我找出哪位商人像桶一样坚实可靠,哪位像一桶鱼钩一样奸诈狡猾。
If all goes as I hope, those barrels will help me discover which one of our merchants is as sound as a barrel and which one is as crooked as a barrel of fishhooks.
相信我,揭穿那个恶棍的恶行,比一桶猴子还有趣。
And believe me, outing that scoundrel for their misdeed will be more fun than a barrel of monkeys.
你觉得那个恶棍是谁?
Who do you think the scoundrel is?
比尔巴尔将如何揭开真相?
And how will Birbal uncover the truth?
我们稍作休息后就会揭晓答案。
We'll find out after a quick break.
评论已经出来了,像您这样的超级粉丝都非常喜欢《Circle Round Club》——这是一个支持公共广播的绝佳机会,还能获得酷炫周边,包括无广告剧集和我为您录制的个性化生日祝福。
The reviews are in, and super fans like you are loving the Circle Round Club, an exciting opportunity to support public radio and get cool stuff, including ad free episodes and a personalized birthday message from me.
我喜欢《Circle Round Club》的地方在于,丽贝卡·谢尔会发送额外的消息,而且这也能支持节目。
What I like about the Circle Round Club is that Rebecca Scheer sends extra messages, and it supports the show.
而且完全没有广告。
And there are no ads.
成年听众们,请支持公共广播,今天就前往 wbur.org/circleroundclub 注册吧。
Grown ups, support public radio and sign up today at wbur.org/circleroundclub.
我是谢尔。
I'm Scheer.
欢迎回到《Circle Round》。
Welcome back to Circle Round.
今天的故事叫作《啤酒球与木桶》。
Today, our story is called Beerballs, Barrels.
在广告中断前,皇帝的顾问兼法官比尔巴尔正在审理两位商人之间的一起案件。
Before the break, Birbal, adviser to the emperor and judge to the people, was considering a case between two merchants.
阿拉文德声称阿莎欠他500枚金币,但阿莎否认了这一点。
Aravind claimed Asha owed him 500 gold pieces, but Asha denied it.
比尔巴尔告诉两位商人,他很快就会做出判决。
Birbal told the merchants he would make his judgment soon.
与此同时,他让助手从皇家粮仓搬来两桶谷物。
In the meantime, he had his clerk bring him two barrels of grain from the royal granary.
谢谢,助手。
Thank you, clerk.
我要把这些桶送给那两位商人。
I'm going to deliver these barrels to our two merchants.
不过我先得做点别的事。
There's just something I need to do first.
他从口袋里摸索出两枚金币。
He fished around in his pocket and took out 2 gold coins.
然后他掀开桶盖,把盖子翻过来,在每个盖子底部的木条间卡进一枚金币。
Then he pulled the lids off the barrels, flipped the lids over, and wedged one gold coin between the wooden slats on each lid's bottom.
这里,还有这里。
There and there.
金币固定好后,桶盖重新盖上,比尔巴尔便匆匆穿过宫殿。
Once the coins were stuck and the lids were replaced, Birbal went bustling through the palace.
他拿了一套仆人的衣服。
He grabbed a set of servants clothes.
他穿上一双旧靴子。
He put on a pair of old boots.
他还找来一顶假发和假胡子。
He even scared up a wig and false beard.
等他对自己伪装满意后,就把两个桶装上手推车,推到了阿拉文德的家。
Once he was satisfied with his disguise, he loaded the barrels onto a cart and wheeled over to Arvind's house.
先生,您好。
Good day, sir.
您就是那位名叫阿温德的商人吗?
Might you be the merchant known as Arvind?
没错,我就是。
Indeed, I am.
太好了。
Wonderful.
乔装后的比尔巴尔露出笑容,指向其中一个木桶。
The disguised Birbal beamed and gestured toward one of the barrels.
皇帝派我来送这桶谷物。
The emperor sent me to deliver this barrel of grain.
他希望在市场上卖出一千个这样的木桶。
It is his hope to sell 1,000 such barrels at the market.
但首先,他需要知道一个木桶能卖多少钱。
But first, he needs to know what price one barrel will fetch.
他听闻您是位精明的商人,想请您代为出售这个木桶。
He's heard of your skills as a merchant and would like you to sell the barrel for him.
明天,他要求你把这次销售所得的每一分钱都带到皇宫。
Tomorrow, he asks that you bring the proceeds to the palace, every bit of money you acquire as a result of this sale.
奥塔文德对那个留胡子的人露出了微笑。
Ottavind gave the bearded man a smile.
很明显,他没有认出比尔巴尔。
It was clear he did not recognize Birbal.
为皇帝出售这桶谷物是我的荣幸。
It would be my honor to sell this barrel of grain for the emperor.
谢谢。
Thank you.
谢谢。
And thank you.
比尔巴尔转过身走开了,但他并没有走远。
Birbal turned and walked off, but he didn't walk away.
相反,他躲到一棵灌木后面,观察阿尔文接下来会做什么。
Instead, he hid behind a bush and watched to see what Arvind would do next.
小子。
Boy.
天哪。
Oh, boy.
刚才真的发生了?
Did that really just happen?
我真的收到了皇帝亲自委托我出售他的粮食的请求?
Did I really receive a personal request from the emperor to sell his grain?
真是好运啊。
What a stroke of luck.
但在我把这桶谷物拿到市场之前,我应该先看看里面装的是什么,了解一下我要卖的东西。
But before I bring this barrel to the marketplace, I should take a look at its contents, get an idea of what I'm selling.
奥塔万把桶盖完全打开,眼睛瞪得更大了。
Ottavant opened the barrel wide, and his eyes went even wider.
天哪。
Oh my.
盖子底部卡着一枚金币。
There's a gold coin stuck on the bottom of the lid.
我真幸运,卖之前打开了这个桶。
I'm lucky I opened this barrel before I sold it.
比尔巴尔暗自笑了笑,然后把第二个桶推到了阿莎的家。
Birbal chuckled to himself, then wheeled the second barrel over to Asha's house.
阿拉文德的描述非常准确。
Aravind's description had been accurate.
阿莎的家又大又豪华,有塔楼和城垛,
Asha's place was big and fancy with towers and turrets and
还有无数的阳台。
balconies galore.
女士,您好。
Greetings, ma'am.
您就是那位名叫阿莎的商人吗?
Might you be the merchant known as Asha?
事实上,我就是。
In fact, I am.
比尔巴尔把桶展示给阿莎看,并对她说了他之前对阿拉文德说过的那番话,说是替皇帝卖粮食,把全部收入送到皇宫。
Birbal showed Asha the barrel and gave her the same spiel he'd given Arvind, the one about selling the emperor's grain and bringing all the proceeds to the palace.
阿莎惊讶地盯着这个留着胡子的陌生人,完全不知道他的真实身份。
Asha gaped at the bearded stranger, unaware of his true identity.
哦,哦,哦。
Well, well, well.
我很乐意替皇帝卖粮食。
It would be my pleasure to sell the emperor's grain.
谢谢。
Thank you.
谢谢。
And thank you.
比尔巴尔再次转身离开。
Once more, Birbal turned and walked off.
但他并没有走开。
But he didn't walk away.
相反,他躲到院子里的一座雕像后面,想看看阿莎接下来会做什么。
Instead, he hid behind a statue in the yard to witness Asha's next move.
真幸运啊,皇帝竟让我来卖这桶粮食。
What luck that the emperor has asked me to sell his barrel of grain.
不过,在我把这桶粮食拿到市场上去之前,我应该先检查一下里面的内容。
However, before I bring it to market, I should inspect its contents.
阿莎掀开了桶盖。
Asha lifted the barrel's lid.
哎呀,瞧瞧这是什么。
Well, looky lookee.
桶盖底下粘着一枚金币。
There's a gold coin stuck on the bottom of the lid.
皇帝一定有成千上万枚这样的金币到处乱放。
The emperor must have billions of these gold coins lying around.
少一枚金币,国库也不会发现。
The treasury will never notice if one is missing.
管家。
Steward.
她打了个响指。
She snapped her fingers.
她的众多管家之一立刻跑了过来。
One of her many stewards came rushing over.
管家,
Steward,
把这枚金币拿去放进我的钱箱里。
take this coin and place it in my money box.
盖子上的那枚金币?
The coin in the lid?
不是。
No.
月亮上的硬币。
The coin on the moon.
是的,盖子里面的硬币。
Yes, the coin in the lid.
快点去办。
And be quick about it.
让你的腿跑得比你的脑子还快。
Make sure your legs move faster than your brain.
是的,夫人。
Yes, ma'am.
雕像后面,比尔巴尔目睹了这一幕的发生。
From behind the statue, Birbal watched this drama unfold.
然后,他悄悄地快步离开了。
Then, quietly, he hurried away.
第二天,阿尔温德和阿莎卖完他们的谷物桶后,前往宫殿向皇帝上交所得款项。
The following day, once Arvind and Asha sold their barrels of grain, they reported to the palace to bring the emperor their proceeds.
当他们向守卫说明来意时,被带进了一间大房间,那里正等着比尔巴尔。
When they stated their business to the guards, they were led into a large room where Birbal was waiting.
哎呀,你好啊。
Well, hello there.
你们是来听案件判决的吗?
Are you here for the verdict of your case?
我告诉过你们,我做出决定后会联系你们,但现在我还未准备好。
I told you I would be in touch when I reach my decision, and I am not yet ready.
商人们摇了摇头。
The merchants shook their heads.
实际上,比尔巴尔,阿莎和我是来见皇帝的。
Actually, Birbal, Asha and I are here to see the emperor.
结果他给了我和阿尔文德每人一桶谷子去市场上卖,虽然我不明白他为什么把我跟这个骗子配在一起。
Turns out he gave both me and Arvind a barrel of grain to sell at the market, though I'm not sure why he paired me with this lying flimflammer.
我才是骗子?
I'm the flimflammer?
我只想拿回我的500枚金币。
I just want my 500 gold pieces back.
而我想让你停止编造虚假贷款的谎言。
And I want you to stop fibbing about a fake loan.
朋友们,请安静一下。
Friends, please.
你们还没说完你们的来意。
You haven't finished stating your business.
你们刚才说,皇帝给了你们每人一桶谷子去卖。
You were saying that the emperor gave each of you a barrel of grain to sell.
现在
And now
现在他让我们把卖货所得的收入带给他。
Now he wants us to bring him the proceeds.
所有我们通过这次销售获得的钱。
All the money we acquired as a result of the sale.
是吗?
Is that so?
比尔巴尔当然清楚这些商人为什么而来,但他假装一无所知。
Birbal, of course, knew full well why the merchants were here, but he pretended to know nothing.
恐怕皇帝目前身体不适。
I'm afraid the, emperor is indisposed at the moment.
那么,你们把卖粮所得的钱交给我吧?
So how about you give me the money you acquired?
每位商人都递给比尔巴尔一个皮袋。
Each merchant handed Birbal a leather pouch.
两个袋子都鼓鼓囊囊装满硬币,但阿莎的袋子明显更鼓一些。
Both pouches were plump with coins, but Asha's was noticeably plumper.
比尔巴尔先数了奥塔文的袋子里的硬币。
Birbal counted the coins in Ottavind's pouch first.
101枚金币?
101 gold coins?
这似乎是个公平的价格。
That seems to be a fair price.
但是,奥塔文德,告诉我,为什么不是整整100枚呢?
But but tell me, Ottavind, why not an even 100?
为什么是101枚?
Why 101?
哦,我本想告诉你的。
Oh, I meant to tell you.
在 barrels 送达时,我发现多出的一枚金币卡在桶盖里。
I found the extra gold coin stuck in the lid of the barrel when it was delivered.
我想把它归还给皇家金库,它本就属于那里。
I figured I would return it to the royal treasury where it rightfully belongs.
我明白了。
I see.
比尔巴尔摸了摸下巴。
Birbal scratched his chin.
我欣赏你的诚实,奥塔文,当然还有你公正而出色的销售技巧。
I appreciate your honesty, Ottoman, and, of course, your fair and excellent salesmanship.
现在我们来算算你同事的收入吧,好吗?
Now let's count your colleague's proceeds, shall we?
他伸手进入阿沙的袋子,清点起硬币。
He reached into Asha's pouch and tallied the coins.
阿沙,阿尔达万为他的桶要价100枚金币,而你却要价200枚。
Asha, while Ardhavan charged 100 gold coins for his barrel, you charged 200.
为什么呢?
How come?
我想给皇帝卖个最高的价格,所以我说服了一个可怜的傻瓜花了200枚金币。
I wanted to fetch the emperor the highest price possible, so I convinced some poor sap to shell out 200 gold coins.
这可是任何称职的销售员都会做的事。
It's what any salesperson worth their salt would do.
嗯哼。
Uh-huh.
那另一枚金币呢?
And what about the other gold coin?
阿莎移开了目光。
Asha shifted her eyes.
什么另一枚?
The other what?
另一枚金币。
The other gold coin.
我之前没说,但我有可靠消息说,两个谷物桶的盖子上都粘着一枚金币。
I didn't say anything before, but I have it on good faith that both barrels of grain had a gold coin stuck in their lid.
那你的那枚在哪?
So where is yours?
一滴汗珠出现在阿莎的额头上。
A bead of sweat appeared on Asha's forehead.
盖子上有一枚金币?
A gold coin in the lid?
我的桶盖上根本没有金币。
There was no gold coin stuck in my barrel's lid.
一定有什么地方弄错了。
There must be some mistake.
就在这时,
Just then, the
门猛地被推开,阿莎的管家冲了进来。
door flew open and in raced Asha's steward.
我来了,夫人。
Here I am, ma'am.
阿莎狠狠地瞪了管家一眼。
Asha shot the steward a glare.
你来这里干什么?
What are you doing here?
你本该在家里的。
You're supposed to be at home.
我知道我新买的豪宅很大,但只有像您这样的成年人才会把它误认为是宫殿。
I know my fancy new house is big, but only adult like you would mistake it for a palace.
但是,夫人,您派人
But, ma'am, you sent
叫我来的。
for me.
我收到消息说要来这里见您,并把这件东西带给您。
I received a message saying I should meet you here and bring you this.
管家伸出了手。
The steward held out a hand.
他们的手指间夹着一枚金币。
Pinched between their fingers was a gold coin.
这就是您在皇帝桶盖上发现的那枚金币。
It's the gold coin you found stuck in the lid of the emperor's barrel.
我不确定您为什么让我把它带到宫殿,但我现在带来了。
I'm not sure why you wanted me to bring it to the palace, but here it is.
阿莎皱了皱眉。
Asha grimaced.
比尔巴尔笑了,猜怎么着?
Birbal grinned because guess what?
是他派人叫来管家,并让管家把金币带过来的。
He was the one who had sent for the steward and asked the steward to bring the gold coin.
对不起,女士。
I'm sorry, ma'am.
我想我弄错了。
I guess I was mistaken.
实际上,你一点都没弄错。
Actually, you weren't mistaken at all.
比尔巴尔对管家微笑,然后指着他们的老板。
Birbal smiled at the steward and pointed a finger at their boss.
如果这房间里有人弄错了,那一定是阿莎。
If anyone in this room is mistaken, it's Asha.
误以为可以向无辜的顾客多收一桶粮食的钱,误以为可以偷走皇帝的金币而不受惩罚,更误以为可以谎称欠自己诚实勤奋的同事五百枚金币。
Mistaken to think she can overcharge an innocent customer for one barrel of grain, mistaken to think she can get away with stealing a gold coin from the emperor, and very mistaken to think she can lie about owing her honest hard working colleague 500 gold pieces.
因此,Asha必须向Arvind支付她所借金额的双倍。
Which is why Asha shall pay Arvind double the amount she borrowed.
双倍?
Double?
是的,你必须向Arvind支付双倍的借款金额,否则你将因盗窃国库的罪行而面临皇帝的怒火。
Yes, You shall pay Arvind double the amount you borrowed or you shall face the wrath of the emperor for the crime of stealing from his treasury.
很好,我很高兴地说,到了当天结束时,Arvind拿到了他的钱。
Well, I'm pleased to say that by the end of the day, Arvind received his money.
他还收到了一份道歉。
He also received an apology.
Asha向她老朋友恳求宽恕,而Arvind欣然原谅了她,前提是Asha今后对他诚实。
Asha begged her old buddy for forgiveness, and Arvind was happy to give it so long as Asha was honest with him in the future.
因为被任何人欺骗,尤其是被朋友欺骗,可不是什么开心的事。
Because being lied to by anyone, especially a friend, is not a barrel of fun.
现在轮到你了。
Now it's your turn.
你可以创造属于自己的乐趣桶。
You can make your own barrel of fun.
找一个空的、清洗干净的酸奶盒,用胶水或胶带贴上棕色卡纸或回收的纸袋。
Find an empty, cleaned out yogurt container and use glue or tape to cover it with brown construction paper or recycled paper bags.
用黑色马克笔在你的棕色桶上画上金属环,然后剪一些纸片,在每一片上写下或画出你喜欢的娱乐方式。
Use a black marker to draw metal rings around your brown barrel, then cut up some squares of paper, and on each one, write or draw ways you like to have fun.
把尽可能多的纸片放进你的桶里,当你有空闲时间时,伸手进桶里抽一张纸片,看看乐趣会带你去哪里。
Fill your barrel with as many squares as you can, and when you have free time on your hands, reach into your barrel, pick a square, and see where the fun takes you.
本周的节目《啤酒球与木桶》由我,丽贝卡·谢尔改编。
This week's episode, Beerballs, Barrels, was adapted by me, Rebecca Scheer.
本节目由迪恩·拉塞尔编辑。
It was edited by Dean Russell.
我们的原创音乐和音效设计由埃里克·西梅洛尼斯制作。
Our original music and sound design is by Eric Shimelonis.
埃里克本周的特色乐器是萨朗吉琴。
Eric's featured instrument this week was the sarangi.
你可以在我们的网站 wbur.org/circlearound 上了解更多关于这种印度弦乐器的信息,并查看埃里克演奏萨朗吉琴的照片。
You can learn more about this Indian stringed instrument and see a photo of Eric playing one on our website, wbur.org/circlearound.
《Circle Around》的艺术家是萨比娜·哈恩。
Circle around's artist is Sabina Hahn.
萨比娜为每一期《Circle Around》故事都创作了一幅黑白涂色页,你可以打印出来上色。
Sabina has created a black and white coloring page for every single circle around story, and you can print them out and color them in.
家长们,你可以到 wbor.org/circleround 下载我们所有的涂色页。
Grown ups, you can download all of our coloring pages at wbor.org/circleround.
特别感谢本周的演员:瑞安·达拉斯昂、G.M. 哈基姆、唐·乌苏拉和拉维·V。
Special thanks to this week's actors, Ryan Dallasung, GM Hakim, Don Ursula, and Ravi V.
帕特尔,福克斯喜剧《动物管控》的主演。
Patel, star of the Fox comedy Animal Control.
如果你是乐高迷,可能会认出拉维是《乐高大师少儿版》的明星搭档和导师。
You LEGO fans might recognize Ravi as a celebrity partner and mentor on LEGO Masters Jr.
他还是浪漫喜剧纪录片《遇见帕特尔》的主角,这部影片由他和妹妹吉塔·帕特尔共同执导和编剧。
He's also the subject of Meet the Patels, the romantic comedy documentary film he co directed and co wrote with his sister, Geeta Patel.
如果你喜欢《Circle Round》,并希望以更多方式参与其中,同时支持公共媒体,请加入《Circle Round》俱乐部。
If you love Circle Round and want to circle around with us in even more ways while also supporting public media, join the Circle Round club.
作为对您支持的感谢,我们会寄送独家周边产品、无广告的播客推送、额外的睡前故事,以及关于我们所用乐器的音频特辑,还会邀请您在我们的现场演出后与我和埃里克·西莫洛尼斯见面。
As thanks for your support, we'll send you exclusive swag and ad free feed, bonus bedtime stories, audio features about the musical instruments we use, plus an invitation to meet me and Eric Shimolonis after our live shows.
您还可以额外添加一些好物,比如我们柔软的狮子玩偶,以及来自我的个性化生日祝福。
You can also add on goodies like our snuggly lion stuffy and a personalized birthday message from me.
立即在 wbur.org/circleround 注册《Circle Round》俱乐部,表达您对公共媒体的支持。
Sign up for the Circle Round Club and show your love for public media at wbur.org/circleround.
大人朋友们,如果您喜欢《Circle Round》,请帮忙传播一下。
Grown ups, if you enjoy Circle Round, please spread the word.
如果您有空,请在您正在使用的播客应用上为我们留下五颗星的评分或评论。
And if you have a moment, please leave us a five star rating or review on whatever podcast app you're using right now.
这有助于其他听众发现我们的节目,让我们能继续与您相伴多年。
It helps other listeners find the show so we can keep circling around with you for years to come.
《Circle Round》由WBUR波士顿NPR制作。
Circle Round is a production of WBUR, Boston's NPR.
我是丽贝卡·谢尔。
I'm Rebecca Scheer.
感谢你和我们一起环游故事。
Thanks for circling round with us.
既然你已经听完了这一期《Circle Round》,我们想知道,你最喜欢的环游故事是哪一个?
Now that you've made it to the end of this Circle Round episode, we want to know, what's your favorite circle round story?
成千上万像你这样的粉丝已经告诉我们他们最喜爱的环游故事。
Thousands of fans just like you have been telling us about the circle round stories they like best.
来听一听吧。
Take a listen.
也许他们的最爱也是你的最爱。
Maybe one of their favorites is one of yours too.
你好。
Hi.
我叫诺兰。
My name is Nolan.
我住在马萨诸塞州。
I live in Massachusetts.
我最喜欢的Circle Round故事是快餐。
My favorite circle around the story is the fast food.
我住在普莱森特城,给我端杯茶,享受诺曼茶吧。
I lived in Pleasant City, Bring me a cup of tea and enjoy the Norman tea.
我叫诺兰。
My name is Nolan.
我住在马萨诸塞州。
I live in Massachusetts.
我最喜欢的Circle Round故事是《Fast Feast》,因为以西结总是叫错仆人的名字。
My favorite Circle Round story is the Fast Feast because Ezekiel keeps getting the servant's name wrong.
他把乔叫成乔治,还以为自己在点一杯咖啡。
He calls Joe George and thinks he's getting a cup of coffee.
我叫佐伊,来自德克萨斯州达拉斯,我最喜欢的故事是《郊狼旋木》和郊狼,他乘坐太阳旅行。
My name is Zoe from Dallas, Texas, and my favorite circle around is Coyote Swirlwood and Coyote, and he travels on the sun.
我叫莉莉,来自道林基克,我最喜欢的故事是《雅芬鸟》,我最喜欢的部分是凯人,他们在寻找雅芬鸟。
My name is Lily from Dowling Kick and my favorite story is the Yaffing Bird and my favorite part is the Kai people, they were looking for the Yaffing Bird.
我叫史蒂维。
My name is Stevie.
我住在俄勒冈州波特兰。
I live in Portland, Oregon.
我最喜欢的故事是《鲑鱼饥荒》。
My favorite story is Salmon Famine.
我喜欢狐狸拔起荆棘让鲑鱼自由的那段情节。
I like the part when the fox pulls a bramble to let the salmon free.
我叫埃琳娜,来自华盛顿州西雅图。
My name's Elena, and I'm from Seattle, Washington.
我最喜欢的故事是《巴萨拉塞》。
My favorite Circle Round story is The Basilasare.
展开剩余字幕(还有 7 条)
我叫马诺洛。
My name is Manolo.
我住在德克萨斯。
I live in Texas.
我最喜欢的《Circle Round》故事是《玉米蛋抢劫案》。
And my favorite circle round is the egg corn robbery.
我爱你,丽贝卡·谢尔。
I love you, Rebecca Scheer.
有人提到你错过的故事了吗?
Did someone mention a story you've missed?
别担心。
Not to worry.
家长们,您可以在我们的网站 wbur.org/circleround 上找到所有《Circle Round》故事,以及通往《Circle Around Club》的链接、图画书、涂色页,还有更多丰富内容。
Grown ups, you can find all of our circle round stories, plus links to the circle around club, picture books, coloring pages, and oh so much more on our website, wbur.org/circleround.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。