本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
WBUR 播客,波士顿。
WBUR Podcasts, Boston.
想想你称之为家的地方。
Think about the place you call home.
你的家是什么样子的?
What does your home look like?
它给你什么感觉?
What does it feel like?
它是舒适温馨、欢迎而温暖的吗?
Is it comfy and cozy, welcoming and warm?
我们即将认识一些动物,它们的家完全不是上述那种样子。
We're about to meet some animals whose home is none of those things.
于是它们决定搬到一个新地方安家。
So they decide to settle someplace new.
它们不知道的是,到达那里之前,它们会经历一段极其精彩的经历。
Little do they know, but they'll have a whale of a time getting there.
我是丽贝卡·谢尔,欢迎收听《环游世界》,这里随时随地都有故事上演。
I'm Rebecca Scheer, and welcome to Circle Around, where story time happens all the time.
今天,我们的故事叫做《跨越海洋》。
Today, our story is called Over the Sea.
这个故事源自澳大利亚原住民,他们在这片位于太平洋和印度洋之间的大陆上生活了五万多年。
It comes from the aboriginal peoples of Australia who have lived on this continent between the Pacific And Indian Oceans for over fifty thousand years.
许多杰出人士共同为我们带来了这个民间故事的版本,其中包括来自《新鲜王子妙事多》和《艾比学校》的女演员、歌手和制片人塔蒂亚娜·阿里。
Some really great people came together to bring you our version of this folktale, including actress, singer, and producer Tatiana Ali from the Fresh Prince of Bel Air and Abbott Elementary.
作为学乐出版社‘崛起之声’系列的一部分,她创作了一本新的儿童读物,名为《澳仔和章鱼》。
As part of Scholastic's Rising Voices series, she's written a new children's book called Aussie and the Octopus.
所以,大家围成一圈,一起来听《跨越海洋》的故事。
So circle around everyone for Over the Sea.
很久很久以前,在世界最初的年代,如今我们称之为澳大利亚的动物们生活在别处。
Long ago, in the world's earliest days, the animals that you'll find in what we now call Australia lived somewhere else.
完全不同的地方。
Entirely.
考拉、袋鼠、鸭嘴兽以及所有其他动物,都居住在大海彼岸的一个遥远地方。
Koala, kangaroo, platypus, and all the rest resided in a distant land across the sea.
那是一片平坦、风沙肆虐的土地,荒凉而贫瘠。
It was a flat, wind blown place, desolate and barren.
所以,那里根本算不上温馨的家园。
So it wasn't exactly home sweet home.
然后有一天,鹰从天空滑翔而下,带来了个消息。
Then one day, Eagle came gliding down from the sky with an announcement.
大家听好了。
Listen up, everyone.
今天,我飞越了大海,飞得比以往任何时候都远。
Today, I flew far, far across the sea, farther than I've ever flown before.
猜猜怎么着?
And guess what?
我找到了我们的新家,而且棒极了。
I found us a new home, and it's amazing.
那这片土地长什么样,考拉?
What does it look like, Eagle?
很美,考拉。
It's beautiful, Koala.
它有青翠的草原、耀眼的海滩、红色的沙漠和茂密的雨林。
It has grassy plains and dazzling beaches, red deserts and lush rainforests.
它还有雄伟的山脉、蜿蜒的河流,以及你见过的最清澈的湖泊。
It also has majestic mountains, winding rivers, and the most crystal clear lakes you ever did see.
如果我们搬到这片新土地,会有足够的食物给我们吃吗?
So if we moved to this new land, there would be plenty of food for us
当然有。
to eat?
多得吃不完,袋鼠。
Gobs of it, kangaroo.
这片土地肥沃得不得了。
This land is as fertile as can be.
但我们怎么才能到达那里呢?
But how do we get there?
嗯,鸭嘴兽,这正是我们面临的难题。
Well, platypus, that's where we're in a bit of a pickle.
这片土地隔着大海,非常遥远。
This land is very far across the sea.
如果我们所有人都想一起旅行,我不知道该怎么完成这次旅程。
If we all wish to travel together, I have no idea how we'll make the trip.
动物们沉默了一会儿,思索着这个难题,直到
There was a moment of silence as the animals pondered this dilemma until
我们不如漂过去呢?
How about we float?
所有人的目光都转向了海星。
All eyes turned to Starfish.
在我们故事发生的时代,海星身体上伸出的触手是笔直光滑的,而不是像今天这样弯曲凹凸,她兴奋地摆动着所有的触手。
Back when our story takes place, the arms radiating from Starfish's body were straight and smooth, not curved and bumpy like they are today, and she wiggled all of them with excitement.
我们可以乘独木舟渡海。
We could cross the sea in a canoe.
你知道谁有一艘大木筏独木舟,能装下我们所有人吗?
And you know who has a big bark canoe that could fit all of us inside it.
对吧?
Right?
鲸鱼。
Whale.
动物们互相交换了一个不安的眼神。
The animals traded an uneasy glance.
他们都听说过鲸鱼那艘传奇的独木舟。
They all knew about whale's legendary canoe.
他们也知道鲸鱼那出了名的自私。
They also knew about whale's legendary selfishness.
这只庞大而专横的海洋哺乳动物从不与任何人分享任何东西。
The big, bossy sea mammal never shared anything with anyone.
哦,我们很感谢你的建议,海星。
Oh, we appreciate the suggestion, starfish.
但你知道鲸鱼有多吝啬。
But you know how stingy Whale is.
他是我们当中最抠门的。
He's the most tight fisted among us.
当然,他严格来说并没有拳头。
Not that he technically has fists.
他从未让那艘独木舟离开过他的视线。
Not once has he ever let that canoe out of his sight.
他绝不会把它借给我们。
He would never lend it to us.
但问问也没什么坏处,对吧?
But it wouldn't hurt to ask, would it?
我就说我们所有动物都要搬到大海对岸的新土地去了。
I'll simply say that all of us animals are moving to a new land across the sea.
所以,他能借给我们他的独木舟吗?
So could he please lend us his canoe?
他很可能对此感兴趣。
He may very well be into it.
不幸的是,当海星提出她的建议时
Unfortunately, when Starfish went and made her proposal
你好,鲸鱼。
Good day, Whale.
我们所有动物都要搬到大海对岸的新土地了。
All of us animals are moving to a new land across the sea.
所以,你能借给我们你的独木舟吗?
So could you please lend us your canoe?
鲸鱼对此并不感兴趣。
Whale was not into it.
别想,海星。
Not a chance, starfish.
才不呢。
Nuh-uh.
绝不可能。
No way.
鲸鱼摇了摇头。
Whale gave his head a shake.
在那些早期的日子里,他的头光滑平坦,顶部还没有喷水孔。
Back in those early days, his head was smooth and flat with no blowhole on top.
但它的体型同样巨大无比。
But it was every bit as gigantic.
因此,当他左右摇头时,几乎引发了海啸。
So when he shook it from side to side, he nearly caused a tidal wave.
我的独木舟是我的珍宝,我的瑰宝,我的骄傲和喜悦。
My canoe is my treasure, my jewel, my pride and joy.
你看看她。
Just look at her.
他指向岸边一块嶙峋岩石旁系着的一艘流线型船只。
He motioned toward a sleek vessel tethered to a jagged rock near the shore.
这艘独木舟由长长的树皮制成,两端用绳子折叠捆扎。
The canoe was crafted from a long sheet of bark, folded and tied at the ends with rope.
她是不是很美?
Isn't she a beaut?
我绝不会把她借给你,海星。
I would never let you borrow her, starfish.
绝不。
Never.
永远不吗?
Never ever?
永远永远不。
Never ever ever.
永远永远永远不吗?
Never ever ever ever?
永不永不永不永不永不。
Never ever ever ever ever.
现在别管我了,再吵我就数不清有多少个‘永不’了。
Now leave me alone before I lose count of evers.
星鱼知道她在这场辩论中赢不了。
Starfish knew she couldn't win this debate.
于是她转过身,拖着脚步走开,她那许多条臂膀无力地垂成脚状。
So she turned and shuffled away, her many arms slumped into feet.
好吧,
Well,
那可真是一声凄厉的拒绝。
that was a wail of a rejection.
其他动物说得对。
The other animals were right.
鲸鱼太自私了,不肯和我们分享。
Whale is too selfish to share with us.
但我愿意付出我的右臂来使用他的独木舟。
But I would give my right arm to use that canoe of his.
还有我的右上臂。
And my upper right arm.
还有我的左臂。
And my left arm.
还有我的左上臂。
And my upper left arm.
弗兰基,我愿意付出我所有的手臂。
Frankie, I would give all my arms.
就这样了。
That's it.
海星伸展了一下她的手臂。
Starfish gave her arms a flex.
鲸鱼可能因为不肯分享他的独木舟而生气,但我有个计划。
Whale may be up in arms about sharing his canoe, but I have a plan.
如果计划成功,我就能用我的手臂弄到那艘独木舟。
And if it works, I'll get my hands on that canoe using my arms.
海星在计划什么?
What is starfish planning?
如果你是海星,你会计划什么?
What might you plan if you were star fish?
我们将在短暂的广告后听听接下来会发生什么。
We'll hear what happens after a quick break.
我是丽贝卡·谢尔。
I'm Rebecca Scheer.
欢迎回到《圆圈剧场》。
Welcome back to Circle Round.
今天,我们的故事叫《跨越海洋》。
Today, our story is called Over the Sea.
在广告之前,动物们迫切希望离开他们寒冷荒凉的国家,迁移到海洋对岸的新土地。
Before the break, the animals were desperate to leave their cold, barren country and move to a new land across the sea.
当海星问鲸鱼是否可以借他的独木舟用于这次旅行时,这位体型庞大又极其自私的海洋生物拒绝了。
When Starfish asked Whale if she and her friends could borrow his canoe for the trip, the super sized and super selfish sea creature said no.
于是海星想出了一个B计划。
So Starfish cooked up a plan b.
她把鹰、考拉、袋鼠和鸭嘴兽召集在一起,公布了她的计划。
She gathered eagle, koala, kangaroo, and platypus together and laid out her plot.
大家,你们说得对。
You were right, everybody.
向鲸鱼借独木舟根本行不通。
Asking Whale for his canoe got me nowhere.
所以你们得去把它拿走。
That's why you are going to take it.
动物们的喙、嘴巴和喙都惊得张开了。
The animal's beaks, jaws, and bills dropped open.
海星,
Starfish,
我们怎么能把鲸鱼的独木舟拿走呢,当他
how are we supposed to take Whale's canoe when he
从不离身地看着它呢?
never lets it out of his sight?
鹰说得对。
Eagle's right.
他一直盯着它。
He's always guarding over it.
确实是这样,考拉。
He sure is, Koala.
如果他看到我们想偷走它,我们就完蛋了。
If he sees us trying to steal it away, we're toast.
比那袋鼠更惨,我们连烤面包都算不上了。
Worse than that kangaroo, we're burnt toast.
听着,朋友们,我向你们保证,鲸鱼不会看到你们把他的独木舟搬走,因为我去分散他的注意力。
Look, friends, I can assure you, Whale will not see you making off with his canoe because I'm going to distract him.
让他忙起来。
Keep him occupied.
当我给你信号时,你就跳进船里开始划桨。
When I give you the signal, you hop into the boat and start paddling.
明白吗?
Okay?
动物们不情愿地同意了。
The animals reluctantly agreed.
而海星带着她最迷人的微笑,回到了海岸。
And Starfish, wearing her most winning smile, headed back to the coast.
和往常一样,鲸鱼正把他的大木筏系在那块嶙峋的岩石上。
As usual, there was Whale with his big bark canoe moored to its jagged rock.
嗨,鲸鱼。
Hi there, Whale.
我来是想帮个忙。
I've come to do you a favor.
鲸鱼滚动着他那葡萄大小的眼睛。
Whale rolled his grapefruit sized eyes.
你说的帮忙?
A favor, you say?
这个帮忙和你的独木舟有关吗?
And does this favor have anything to do with my canoe?
实际上,这和你的虱子有关。
Actually, it has something to do with your lice.
我的什么?
My what?
你的虱子。
Your lice.
那些在你头上到处爬的讨厌小东西。
Those pesky little critters crawling all over your head.
鲸鱼抖了抖他光滑平坦的脑袋。
Whale gave his smooth, flat head a twitch.
经你这么一说,我头确实有点痒,但我没看到任何虱子。
Now that I think about it, my head is kind of itchy, but I don't see any lice.
那是因为虱子太小了。
That's because the lice are so tiny.
不过严格来说,它们其实不是虱子。
Though technically, they're not really lice.
它们是一种叫西阿米德的小型甲壳类动物,寄生在鲸鱼和其他海洋哺乳动物的皮肤上吸食营养。
They're small crustaceans known as Siamids who live and feast on the skin of whales and other marine mammals.
哇,好恶心。
Ew, gross.
我知道。
I know.
所以我才来这里,帮你赶走这些烦人的寄生虫。
And that's why I'm here, to help you chase those pesky parasites away.
那你打算怎么帮我去掉它们呢,海星?
And how might you do that, Starfish?
很简单,用这个。
Easy, with these.
海星伸出了她光滑笔直的手臂。
Starfish stuck out her smooth, straight arms.
我会用我的手臂把你的寄生虫全部摘掉。
I'll use my arms to pluck off all your lice.
等我做完,你会舒服多了,也干净多了。
You'll be much comfier and cleaner when I'm done.
鲸鱼想了一会儿。
Wale thought for a moment.
好吧,行吧。
All right, fine.
但快点啊。
But make it quick.
他低下光滑的头,让海星能爬上来。
He lowered his smooth head so Starfish could clamber on.
一旦她就位,便用她众多的臂膀开始工作,一只接一只地摘除虱子。
Once she was in place, she put her many arms to work, plucking off the lice one by one.
天哪。
Crikey.
这些小东西比我想象的还要多。
There are more of these buggers than I thought.
肯定有成千上万只。
There must be thousands of them.
甚至上百万只。
Millions even.
这得花上好一阵子。
This could take a while.
要多久?
How long?
时间长到你可能真该闭上眼睛了。
Long enough that you might just want to close your eyes.
睡个觉吧。
Take a nap.
这样时间会过得快一些。
It'll make the time go faster.
鲸鱼在重塑这个概念。
Whale molds the notion over.
实际上,这主意不错。
Actually, it's not a bad idea.
你做完后答应我叫醒我好吗?
Promise me you'll wake me up when you're done?
当然,我会的。
Of course, I will.
那我就先打个盹了。
Then I'll just nod off then.
晚安。
Good night.
鲸鱼的眼睛缓缓闭上。
Whale's eyes fluttered shut.
他变得非常安静。
He grew very still.
当海星确定他已完全睡着时,她朝岸边挥动了手臂。
The moment Starfish was certain he was out cold, she waved her arms toward the shore.
好了,团队。
Okay, team.
该行动了。
Time to jump into action.
一瞬间,鹰、考拉、袋鼠和鸭嘴兽从一块巨石后跳了出来。
In a flash, eagle, koala, kangaroo, and platypus popped out from behind a boulder.
他们迅速跑到嶙峋的岩石旁,开始解开独木舟。
They bustled to the jagged rock and began untying the canoe.
就在他们忙碌时,一群其他动物也加入了进来。
As they did, they were joined by a bunch of other animals.
袋熊和针鼹、袋鼠和鸸鹋,所有动物齐心协力解开绳结,把鲸鱼的独木舟推入海中。
Wombat and echidna, wallaby and emu, all of them worked together to undo the knots and push whale's canoe into the sea.
但当他们一跳进去开始划桨,你知道发生了什么吗?
But the moment they hopped in and started paddling, do you know what happened?
鲸鱼醒了过来。
Whale woke up.
那是什么声音?
What was that?
我刚才是不是听到水里有桨声?
Did I just hear paddles in the water?
有人在划我的独木舟吗?
Is somebody riding my canoe?
海星露出了最安抚的微笑。
Starfish put on her most reassuring face.
但您的独木舟一点事都没有,鲸鱼。
But your canoe is just fine, Whale.
你一定是听错了。
You must be hearing things.
毕竟你耳朵里全是虱子。
After all, your ears are crawling with lice.
不过别担心。
Don't you worry, though.
我马上就能帮你解决。
I'll fix that in a jiffy.
她开始在鲸鱼的耳朵周围抓挠,希望能盖过动物们划桨远去时的水声。
She set to work scratching around whale's ears in hopes of silencing the splash of canoe paddles as the animals floated away.
哦,这抓挠感觉真舒服。
Oh, that scratching feels nice.
有用吗,星鱼?
Is it helping, Starfish?
当然有用,鲸鱼。
It sure is, Whale.
这比你想象的更有帮助。
It's more helpful than you know.
现在你再闭上眼睛休息一会儿吧?
Now why don't you close your eyes again and get some rest?
不了。
Nah.
我现在感觉精神焕发。
I'm feeling all bright eyed and bushy tailed now.
而且,我不想错过这美妙的搔痒。
And besides, I don't wanna miss out on this heavenly scratching.
你能不能去我另一头,给我尾巴挠挠?
Any chance you can go to my other end and give my tail a scuff?
鲸鱼转过头,朝自己的尾鳍示意。
Whale turned his head and gestured toward his flukes.
但就在他这么做的瞬间,他那葡萄柚大小的眼睛一下子瞪得像西瓜那么大。
But the moment he did, his grapefruit sized eyes grew as big as watermelons.
这到底是怎么回事?
What on earth?
我的独木舟不见了。
My canoe is gone.
有人把我的独木舟偷走了。
Somebody made off with my canoe.
他望向地平线,就在这时,他看到了。
He peered out to the horizon, and that's when he saw it.
他心爱的独木舟正渐渐消失,船上满载着划桨的动物。
The vanishing shape of his beloved canoe, chock full of paddling animals.
我被耍了,被骗了,被套住了。
I've been tricked, conned, sucked in.
你一直在分散我的注意力,海星,好让你的朋友们偷走我的独木舟。
You were trying to distract me, Starfish, so that your friends could steal my canoe.
海星气得浑身发抖。
Starfish trembled with indignation.
钢铁?
Steel?
与其说是偷,不如说是借。
It wasn't so much steel as borrow.
就像我跟你说过的,鲸鱼,我们在大海对岸找到了一个不可思议的新家。
Like I told you, Whale, we found this incredible new home across the sea.
而到达那里的唯一方式就是
And the only way to get there was to
偷走我的独木舟?
To swipe my canoe?
顺走它?
Nick it?
偷走它?
Pinch it?
好吧,我这就给你点颜色瞧瞧,尼克,让你也尝尝被偷和被抢的滋味。
Well, I'm about to give you a swipe, Nick, and pinch.
你永远都不会忘记。
You'll never forget.
鲸鱼咬紧牙关,潜入了波浪之下。
Whale gritted his teeth and plunged under the waves.
接着,他用庞大的身躯奋力跃出海面,在空中旋转一圈后再次落下,激起滔天浪花。
Then he heaved his massive body up and out of the sea, spiraling in mid air before landing again and sending the water churning.
海星把手臂深深插入鲸鱼的头部,紧紧抓住不放。
Starfish dug her arms into Whale's head and held on tight.
抓得如此之紧,以至于她竟然刺穿了皮肤,直接钻了进去。
So tight, in fact, that she actually punctured the skin and broke right through.
留下了一个大洞。
Left behind was a gaping hole.
突然间,从那个洞里喷出一股水流。
And all of a sudden, what should come blowing out of that hole but a spurt of water.
那到底是什么东西?
What in the world was that?
我的头怎么了?
What happened to my head?
这是个意外,鲸鱼。
It was an accident, Whale.
我只是我我
I just I I
但星鱼再也说不下去了,因为就在那时,鲸鱼再次跃起,冲出水面,腾得更高。
But Starfish could say no more because at that moment, Whale reached again, leaping out of the water and propelling himself even higher.
星鱼努力抓紧,但毫无用处。
Starfish tried to maintain her grip, but it was no use.
她的小小身躯被抛向了天空。
Her little body was tossed way up toward the sky.
她在空中飞驰,划出一道大弧线,最终落在一块岩石上。
She went sailing through the air, soaring in a big arc before landing on a rock.
就是鲸鱼曾经系小船的那块嶙峋岩石。
The same jagged rock where Whale once tied his canoe.
海星浑身都疼。
Starfish ached all over.
当她终于能抬起手臂时,她倒吸一口冷气——原本笔直光滑的肢体,如今却弯曲且布满凸起。
When she was finally able to lift an arm, she let out a gasp because what was once a straight, smooth appendage was now curved and bumpy.
由于这次坠落,她的所有触手都变得弯曲卷曲,布满了细小的刺,就像今天的样子。
Thanks to her fall, all of her arms were curved and curly and covered in tiny spines, just like they are today.
与此同时,当海星凝视着自己意外的蜕变时,鲸鱼正追着独木舟而去。
Meanwhile, as starfish was beholding her accidental makeover, Whale was pursuing the canoe.
这位蒸汽般的海洋哺乳动物在海浪中疾驰,从喷水孔喷出水柱。
The steamed up sea mammal streamed through the waves, squirting water through his blowhole.
动物们奋力划桨,使出浑身力气,想让独木舟更快一些。
The animals dug their paddles into the sea, straining every muscle to make the canoe go faster.
老鹰掌着舵。
Eagle was at the helm.
鲸鱼正在逼近
Whale is gaining on
他的朋友们。
his friends.
如果他抓到我们,我们会淹死的。
If he catches us, we'll be drowned.
我们得把底座抬起来。
We'd have to pick up the base.
我正在尽力了,老鹰,但我的手臂太短了。
I'm doing my best, Eagle, but my arms are too short.
我支持袋鼠。
I'm with kangaroo.
作为鸭嘴兽,我几乎都没有手臂。
As a platypus, I barely even have arms.
你能帮一下考拉吗?
Can you help Koala?
嗯,我的手臂又长又顺溜。
Well, my arms are nice and long.
也许他们能划船带我们安全离开。
Maybe they can paddle us to safety.
考拉说的没错。
What Koala said was true.
她的手臂很长,但在世界早期,这些手臂又细又瘦弱。
Her arms were long, but in those early days of the world, they were also skinny and scrawny.
但她紧紧抓住桨,尽全力划动起来。
But she tightened her grip and began paddling as hard as she could.
你猜怎么着?
And guess what?
片刻之后,独木舟加速了。
Within moments, the canoe picked up speed.
考拉用尽全力划桨,她那细瘦的手臂逐渐变得强壮有力,就像今天一样。
Koala worked the paddle with so much force that her skinny, scrawny arms grew strong and muscular, just like they are today.
很快,动物们就抵达了新家园——我们现在称之为澳大利亚的美丽肥沃土地。
In no time flat, the animals reached their new home, the beautiful fertile land we now call Australia.
后来海星加入了他们,但她并没有选择和它们一起在陆地上生活。
They were eventually joined by starfish, but she didn't choose to live with them on land.
相反,她把家安在了海底。
Instead, she made her home on the bottom of the sea.
这样她就能躲开鲸鱼,而鲸鱼直到今天仍在澳大利亚海岸线上下游弋,寻找那些在它头上开气孔、蒙骗了它的海星。
That way she could stay hidden from Whale, who, to this day, swims up and down the Australian coast, searching for the starfish who put the blowhole on his head and pulled the wool over his eyes.
现在轮到你了。
Now it's your turn.
想一想你曾经帮助朋友或家人解决难题的时刻。
Think about a time you helped a friend or family member solve a problem.
也许你给出了有用的建议,或者在家中东西坏了时伸出了援手。
Maybe you offered helpful advice or lent a hand when something broke around the house.
画一幅图,描绘你是如何帮助别人摆脱困境的,然后再画一幅图,表现你和对方事后的心情。
Draw a picture of how you helped someone get out of a bind, then draw a picture of how you and they felt afterwards.
帮助他人和被他人帮助,都能让人感觉无比美好。
Helping and being helped can feel amazing.
正如星鱼向我们展示的那样,无论我们体型大小,每个人都能成为帮助他人的人。
And as Starfish showed us, we all can be helpers no matter how big or small we happen to be.
本周的节目《跨越海洋》由我,丽贝卡·谢尔改编。
This week's episode, Over the Sea, was adapted by me, Rebecca Scheer.
本集由迪恩·拉塞尔剪辑。
It was edited by Dean Russell.
我们的原创音乐和音效由埃里克·西莫洛尼斯制作。
Our original music and sound design is by Eric Shimolonis.
埃里克本周的特色乐器是迪吉里杜管。
Eric's featured instrument this week is the didgeridoo.
你可以在我们的网站 wbur.org/circleround 上了解更多关于这种古老的澳大利亚原住民管乐器,并查看埃里克演奏它的照片。
You can learn more about this ancient Australian aboriginal wind instrument and see a photo of Eric playing one on our website, wbur.org/circleround.
《Circle Round》的插画师是萨比娜·汉。
Circle Round's artist is Sabina Hahn.
萨比娜为《Circle Round》三百多个故事都创作了黑白涂色页,你可以打印出来上色。
Sabina has created a black and white coloring page for all 300 plus Circle Round stories, and you can print them out and color them in.
成年人们,您可以在 wbur.org/circleround 下载我们所有的涂色页面。
Grown ups, you can download all of our coloring pages at wbur.org/circleround.
特别感谢本周的演员:陈泰多、苏珊娜·马尔斯、贾丝婷·饶和来自《新鲜王子妙事多》和《艾比》的塔蒂亚娜·阿里。
Special thanks to this week's actors, Theodore Chin, Susannah Mars, Jessica Rao, and Tatiana Ali from The Fresh Prince of Bel Air and Abbott Elementary.
作为学者出版社‘崛起之声’系列的一部分,塔蒂亚娜撰写了一本新的儿童读物,名为《澳奇与章鱼》。
As part of Scholastic's Rising Voices series, Tatiana has written a new children's book called Aussie and the Octopus.
她还有一条名为‘Baby Yams’的手工婴儿被毯系列。
She also has a line of handmade baby quilts called Baby Yams.
所有收益的100%都将用于支持黑人和原住民助产士和分娩陪护。
100% of the proceeds go to Black and indigenous midwives and doulas.
如果您喜欢《Circle Round》,并希望以更多方式与我们同行,同时支持公共媒体,请加入Circle Round俱乐部。
If you love Circle Round and want to circle around with us in even more ways while also supporting public media, join the Circle Round Club.
作为对您支持的感谢,我们将为您发送独家周边产品、无广告的播放流、额外的睡前故事、我每周发送的电子邮件,以及埃里克关于我们乐器的音频特辑。
As thanks for your support, we'll send you exclusive swag, an ad free feed, bonus bedtime stories, weekly emails from me, and audio features from Eric about our musical instruments.
您还可以额外添加一些好物,比如我们柔软的狮子玩偶、有趣的黄色T恤,以及由我录制的个性化生日祝福。
You can also add on goodies like our snuggly lion stuffy, fun yellow t shirt, and a personalized birthday message recorded by me.
请在 wbur.org/circleround 注册 Circle Round 俱乐部,支持公共媒体。
Sign up for the Circle Round Club and show your love for public media at wbur.org/circleround.
大人们,如果您喜欢 Circle Round,请帮忙传播一下。
Grown ups, if you enjoy Circle Round, please spread the word.
如果可以的话,请在您正在使用的播客应用上为我们留下五颗星的评分或评论。
And if you can, please leave us a five star rating or review on whatever podcast app you're using right now.
这有助于其他听众找到这个节目,让我们能继续陪伴您多年。
It helps other listeners find the show so we can keep circling around with you for years to come.
Circle Round 是 WBUR——波士顿 NPR 的制作节目。
Circle Around is a production of WBUR, Boston's NPR.
我是丽贝卡·谢尔。
I'm Rebecca Scheer.
感谢您与我们一同收听。
Thanks for circling around with us.
既然您已经听完了这一期 Circle Round 节目,我们想知道,您最喜欢的 Circle Round 故事是哪一个?
Now that you've made it to the end of this Circle Round episode, we want to know, what's your favorite Circle Round story?
成千上万的粉丝像你们一样,一直在告诉我们他们最喜欢的故事。
Thousands of fans just like you have been telling us about the circle round stories they like best.
一起来听听吧。
Take a listen.
也许他们的最爱也是你的最爱。
Maybe one of their favorites is one of yours too.
我叫苏塔尼,来自卢旺达基加利。
My name is Suthani, and I'm from Kigali Rwanda.
我最喜欢的故事是《爱之树》,因为它有变成树木的力量。
And my favorite story is The Tree of Love, like the power to turn into trees.
我叫达莉娅,住在加利福尼亚,我最喜欢的《Circle Round》故事是《九根棍子》,因为我喜欢故事里有啤酒球的情节。
My name is Dahlia and I live in California and my favorite circle round story is The Nine sticks because I like stories where beer balls in it.
我叫克莱尔,来自印第安纳波利斯,印第安纳州,我最喜欢的故事是《亮黄色的帽子》。
My name is Claire from Indianapolis, Indiana, and my favorite story is the bright yellow hat.
我叫玛丽,来自印第安纳波利斯,印第安纳州,我最喜欢的故事是《暴风雪巫师》。
My name is Marie and I'm from Indianapolis, Indiana and my favorite story is the blizzard wizard.
我喜欢太阳赐予她箭矢的那段。
I like the part when the sun gives her the arrows.
我叫玛丽·埃洛伊丝,来自佐治亚州的玛丽埃塔。
My name is Mary Eloise and I'm from Marietta, Georgia.
我最喜欢的一集是《天空中的钻石》。
And my favorite episode is Diamonds in the Sky.
我喜欢上帝说‘必须做的事就必须做’,然后两位姐妹带着钻石飞上天空的那段。
I like the part where the god says what must be done must be done and the two sisters fly into the air with their diamonds.
我叫路易莎,住在德克萨斯州达拉斯,我最喜欢的循环故事是《鲑鱼饥荒》。
My name is Louisa, and I live in Dallas, Texas, and my favorite circle round story is the salmon famine.
我喜欢科约特说‘库’的那段。
I like the part where Coyote says, Coo.
我叫奥古斯特。
My name is August.
我住在伊利诺伊州芝加哥。
I live in Chicago, Illinois.
我最喜欢的循环故事是伟大的球赛。
My favorite circle around is the great ballgame.
我喜欢那个熊说‘我可能错过了罗克福德拳击’的公园。
I like the park where a bear says, I might have missed out for Rockford Fist.
嗨,我叫阿莉娜。
Hi, my name is Alina.
我住在华盛顿州的新卡斯尔。
I live in New Castle, Washington.
我最喜欢的循环故事是长发与瀑布。
My favorite circle around story is Long Hair and the Waterfall.
我最喜欢的部分是长发欺骗山神的情节。
And my favorite part is when Long Hair tricks the mountain spirit.
有人提到你错过的故事了吗?
Did someone mention a story you've missed?
别担心。
Not to worry.
大人们,您可以在我们的网站 wbur.org/circleround 上找到所有我们的 Circle Round 故事,以及 Circle Round 俱乐部的链接、图画书、涂色页等等更多内容。
Grown ups, you can find all of our circle Round stories, plus links to the Circle Round club, picture books, coloring pages, and oh so much more on our website, wbur.org/circleround.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。