本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
为了做好工作,外国记者依赖本地记者,这些人熟悉街道、政治、语言和风险。
To do their jobs well, foreign correspondents rely on local journalists, people who know the streets, the politics, the language, the risks.
这些记者负责发掘新闻线索、安排采访、办理许可证和通过检查站、进行翻译,有时甚至 literally 带领记者到达他们需要去的地方。
These journalists work to identify stories, line up interviews, navigate permits and checkpoints, translate, and sometimes quite literally get reporters where they need to go.
丹尼尔·埃斯特林是NPR派驻特拉维夫的国际记者。
Daniel Estrin is an international correspondent for NPR based in Tel Aviv.
早在2019年,他就试图在加沙找到一位合作伙伴一起报道。
Back in 2019, he was trying to find someone inside Gaza to report with.
我们共同的朋友告诉我,你一定要了解一下叫阿纳斯的这个人。
And a mutual friend of ours told me, you really gotta check out this guy named Anas.
他很年轻,有抱负,而且才华横溢。
He is young, ambitious, and super talented.
这位记者就是阿纳斯·巴巴。
That journalist was Anas Baba.
他现在是NPR在加沙的记者,但最初是丹尼尔的制片人,他们的关系与其他外国报道中的搭档如出一辙。
He's now NPR's reporter in Gaza, but he started out as Daniel's producer, and their relationship looked like many others in foreign reporting.
阿纳斯帮忙办理了许可。
Anas helped arrange permits.
他知道该去哪里、该找谁谈,以及当地实际情况如何运作。
He knew where to go, who to talk to, how things worked on the ground.
当时丹尼尔仍然可以进入加沙。
Daniel could still enter Gaza then.
他会从以色列的家中开车大约一小时,穿过检查站,阿纳斯会在另一边接他。
He'd make the drive of roughly an hour from his home in Israel, cross the checkpoints, and Anas would meet him on the other side.
所以每次最后一步,我都会对丹尼尔说:欢迎来到加沙。
So the last stop is me saying welcome to Gaza to Daniel always.
一旦我们进入加沙,真正的任务才刚刚开始。
And once we just, like, get into Gaza, the real work is starting.
他们整天驾车穿越加沙地带,报道医院、咖啡馆、家庭,以及展现政策和政治如何影响普通人生活的各种故事。
They spent long days driving through the Strip, reporting on hospitals, cafes, families, stories that showed how policy and politics affected ordinary people's lives.
然后,2021年来了。
Then came 2021.
有些人可能还记得,那一年也发生了一场战争,而安纳斯拍摄的一张照片成为了这场战争的象征。
Some might remember if there was a war that year too, and a photograph Anas took became emblematic of the war.
背景是加沙城,来自加沙的巴勒斯坦武装分子发射的火箭划破夜空,以色列的‘铁穹’拦截系统正在击落它们。
Gaza City in the background, rockets from Gaza by Palestinian militants streaking across the night sky, and Israel's Iron Dome interceptors shooting them down.
我相信那张照片非常具有标志性,因为冲突双方都把它视为自己喜欢的照片。
That photo was iconic, I do believe, because both side of the conflict saw it as a photo that they liked.
巴勒斯坦人看到的是自己在对抗以色列,而以色列人看到的是他们耗资数十亿美元的防御系统在发挥作用。
Palestinians saw themselves standing up to Israel, and Israelis saw their multibillion dollar defense system working.
战斗结束后,丹尼尔在停火的第一天再次进入加沙。
When the fighting stopped, Daniel crossed back into Gaza on the first day of a ceasefire.
你在检查站的另一边接了我。
And you met me on the other side of the checkpoint.
我就在同一天去了,我们开车出发。
I I went that very same day, and we were driving.
突然间,我们看到一家人全都穿着粉色衣服。
And suddenly, we saw that family all dressed in pink.
那是一位父亲、一位母亲和他们的两个孩子,非常非常可爱的孩子。
It was a father, a mother, and his two children, very, very cute children.
他们告诉我们,我们会继续活下去。
And they told us that we're gonna keep living.
那就是他们当时报道的节奏。
That was the rhythm of their reporting then.
丹尼尔往返于加沙,战争,然后暂停,脆弱的常态,直到2023年10月7日的早晨。
Daniel in and out of Gaza, war, then a pause, a fragile normalcy, until the morning of 10/07/2023.
请想一想。
Consider this.
为了完整讲述随后爆发的战争,美国国家公共电台在以色列和加沙地带都派出了记者,他们相距仅数英里,却如同身处两个世界,从此永久改变了他们的合作方式。
To tell the full story of the war that followed, NPR had reporters both in Israel and the Gaza Strip reporting together just miles but worlds apart, changing their working relationship forever.
来自美国国家公共电台,我是莎拉·麦卡蒙。
From NPR, I'm Sarah McCammon.
本周《早间新闻》:明尼阿波利斯再次发生暴力事件。
This week on Up First, more violence in Minneapolis.
民主党表示,在另一起致命的冰球枪击事件后,他们将在参议院阻止一项拨款法案。
Democrats say they will block a spending bill in the senate after another deadly ice shooting.
共和党将如何回应?
How will Republicans respond?
特朗普政府是否会重新考虑其移民策略?
And could the Trump administration rethink its strategy on immigration?
我们每天早上都会为您更新三条您必须了解的新闻,助您开启全新一天,敬请关注《Up First》。
We'll keep you posted every morning with three stories you need to know to start your day up first.
请在NPR应用或您收听播客的平台收听。
Listen on the NPR app or wherever you get podcasts.
在NPR的《Wildcard》播客中,作家珍妮特·麦库迪表示,她最能理解一种情绪。
On NPR's wildcard podcast, author Jeanette McCurdy says she understands one emotion best.
我试着想想还有哪些其他情绪,但唯一浮现在脑海的只有愤怒。
I'm trying to, like, literally name any other emotion, and anger is the only one coming up.
什么?
What?
就是愤怒,宝贝。
It's just anger, baby.
请在NPR应用或YouTube上的NPR Wildcard频道观看或收听这场Wildcard对话。
Watch or listen to that wildcard conversation on the NPR app or on YouTube at NPR Wildcard.
这是来自NPR的报道。
It's considered this from NPR.
即使在加沙最新战争爆发之前,NPR驻耶路撒冷记者丹尼尔·埃斯特林和加沙记者阿纳斯·巴巴就已经在艰难的环境中合作多年。
Even before this latest war in Gaza, NPR's Jerusalem based correspondent Daniel Estrin and Gaza reporter Anas Baba had spent years working together in challenging circumstances.
战争爆发后,他们不得不适应一种让共同报道变得更加困难的状况。
Once war broke out, they had to adapt to a situation that made reporting together even more difficult.
本周的记者手记中,我请他们带我回到10月7日那天各自所处的具体时刻。
For this week's reporter's notebook, I asked them to take me to that specific moment where they each were on October 7.
就像地狱之门被打开了一样,你根本不知道这一天就是末日。
It was like when the hell's gates is opened, and you didn't know that this is the doom day.
太多火箭了,我们说的是成千上万枚火箭从加沙发射出去。
Too many, like, we're talking about thousands of rockets just, like, being launched from Gaza.
我仍然记得那一天,那种事情根本没人能想象会发生。
I still remember that day was something that no one can even imagine could happen ever.
这太令人震惊了。
It was a shock.
这是我一生都不会忘记的一天。
It was something that I'll never forget my life.
这一天深深烙印在我心里,永远不会离去。
It's a day that sticks and will never leave me.
我记得那天早上六点三十分在特拉维夫醒来。
I remember waking up at 06:30 that morning in Tel Aviv.
我只是刚好醒来了。
I just happened to wake up.
那是一个星期六的早晨。
It was a Saturday morning.
本该是个平静的假期。
It was supposed to be a quiet holiday.
看到一条短信说以色列南部响起了警报,接着中部也响起了警报。
Saw a text saying that sirens were going off in Southern Israel, and then sirens were going off in Central Israel.
我冲进了安全屋。
And I ran into the safe room.
以色列的许多公寓都设有安全屋,用于火箭弹来袭时避难。
Many apartments in Israel have safe rooms for when rockets are flying.
我们听到了防空警报,还有铁穹系统拦截时的爆炸声。
And we heard the air raid siren and the booms of the iron dome intercepting.
然后我立刻投入到报道这一天极其、极其恐怖和紧张的事件中。
And then I just remember getting straight to work reporting on an extremely, extremely terrifying, intense day.
我们当时唯一等待的就是以色列会对这次事件做出怎样的回应。
The only thing that we were waiting with was what exactly is gonna be the Israeli respond to this.
我们真的、真的在期待最坏的情况,但完全没想到以色列的反应会如此激烈,连1%都没想到。
We we we were literally, we were expecting the worst, but we were not expecting anything, even 1% of what Israel did.
我正在翻看2023年10月7日那天的短信记录。
I'm just scrolling through our texts from 10/07/2023.
我们一整天都在发短信,互相交换信息。
We were texting all day long, exchanging information.
晚上11点25分,你给我发了条消息。
And at 11:25PM, you texted me.
这一天仍然在不断带给我们惊喜。
The day still keeps surprising us.
而当时我们并不知道,这句话在接下来的两年里会如此准确。
And we didn't know at that time how true that would be for the next two years.
这两年带来了一场战争,几乎摧毁了加沙的全部,同时对援助实施了严格限制,导致大部分人口断绝了燃料、食物和药品。
Those two years brought a war that has left almost all of Gaza destroyed and severe restrictions on aid that choked off fuel, food, and medicine for much of the population.
整个家庭被杀害,社区化为废墟,流离失所一再发生。
Entire families killed, neighborhoods reduced to rubble, and displacement again and again.
这场冲突也成为全球历史上记者死亡人数最多的战争。
It's also become the deadliest conflict on record for journalists anywhere in the world.
保护记者委员会记录显示,已有超过260名巴勒斯坦记者被以色列军队杀害,并得出结论,其中至少有64人是被蓄意针对的。
The Committee to Protect Journalists has documented more than 260 Palestinian journalists killed in Gaza by the Israeli military, and the group has concluded that at least 64 of them were, quote, directly targeted.
安纳斯是自10月7日之前至今,少数仍在为美国新闻机构全职工作的巴勒斯坦记者之一。
Anas is one of the few Palestinian journalists working full time since before October 7 until today with an American news outlet.
我们能继续与他合作,感到非常幸运,因为这至关重要。
We are incredibly fortunate to continue to be able to work with him because it's vital.
我无法进入加沙,任何国际记者都进不去。
I can't enter Gaza and no international journalist can.
这种情况已经持续了整整两年,而且还在继续。
It's been that way for the last two years and counting.
你知道吗,莎拉,在报道这场战争时,你会面临来自各方的巨大压力。
And, you know, Sarah, reporting on this war, you face a lot of pressures from all sides.
你所报道的内容,往往是各方当局都不希望你揭露的。
And you cover things that authorities on all sides don't want you to cover.
我们已经报道了所有这些事情。
And we've covered it all.
例如,我们记录了加沙一个大家庭的集体屠杀事件,超过一百人、跨越数代人在一次以色列空袭中丧生。
We have for instance, we've documented the mass killing of, of an extended family in Gaza, more than a 100 people spanning multiple generations killed, in an Israeli strike.
我们还记录了一些罕见的加沙内部抗议活动,呼吁结束战争,抗议哈马斯,表达对哈马斯发动战争决定的批评。
We've also documented some rare protests, inside Gaza calling for an end to the war, protesting Hamas, voices critical of Hamas's decision to launch the war.
安纳斯,你为什么留在加沙?从这里讲述这个故事对你意味着什么?
Anas, why do you stay in Gaza, and what does it mean to you to be telling the story from there?
我原本是巴勒斯坦人,这场冲突已经持续了80年。
I'm originally a Palestinian, and this conflict is 80 years old.
我祖父曾住在阿卢德。
My grandfather was living in Alud.
现在那里是以色列的一个城市。
It's now an Israeli city.
他撤离阿卢德来到加沙,最终在这里去世。
He evacuated Alud coming to Gaza, and he died here.
我父亲后来成为了一名记者,为法新社工作。
My father, after that, he's a journalist working with the agency France Press.
他一生大部分时间都在报道以色列的占领,之后是以色列撤出加沙,再之后是哈马斯统治加沙,再之后是这里发生的政变。
He spent most of his life reporting on the Israeli occupation, and after that, in the Israelis taken out of Gaza, and after that, Hamas ruling Gaza, and after that, the coup that happens here.
2023年10月7日战争爆发后,轮到我们这一代——第三代——留下来,报道这里发生的一切。
And once the twenty twenty three or the seventh of October war took place, it was the rule of May, the third generation, to stay here and to report of what's happening here on the ground.
10月7日及其后续事件如何改变了你们两人开展工作的方式以及你们的合作方式?
How has October 7 and its aftermath changed the way that the two of you do your work and the way that you work together?
没有。
No.
一切都改变了。
It's changed everything.
我的意思是,我们虽然身处远方,但每天都在一起工作。
I mean, we work from afar, but we work together every day.
我每天早上都会给他打电话或发短信。
I call on us or text him every morning.
如果不是我,那就是我们在迪拜的同事艾娅·巴特劳伊,或者我们团队的其他人。
And if it's not me, then it's our colleague, Eeya Batraui in Dubai or somebody else on our team.
我们始终保持联系,不断询问今天发生了什么?
We're in constant contact and we're asking what's going on today?
你今天有什么计划?
What are your plans today?
你听到了什么?
What are you hearing?
有时候是安纳斯,有突发新闻。
Sometimes it's, Anas, there's some breaking news.
你能出去录点现场音吗?
Can you run out and collect some sound?
他会说:哦,我整晚都在做这个了。
And he'll say, Oh, I've already done that all night long.
我录下了半夜以色列轰炸的声音,然后我们赶紧把它放到早间广播里。
I've recorded the sounds of Israeli bombardment in the middle of the night, and we rushed to get that on the radio for the morning broadcast.
坦白说,莎拉,安纳斯每天收集的视频和音频量巨大、令人窒息,而且非常痛苦。
And frankly, Sarah, the the amount of video and audio that Anas is collecting every day is so immense and so overwhelming and very painful.
要把这一切整合起来很困难,但我们一直没停过。
And it's and it's difficult to to put it all together, but we we've been going nonstop.
回到你的问题,莎拉,作为一名在冲突地区工作了近十年的前线记者,我和丹尼尔之间的唯一区别可能是,当情况变得真正艰难和危险时,丹尼尔——就是丹尼尔——可以开车去比尼永机场,出示自己的护照,买张机票飞走。
Going back to your question, Sarah, maybe as a frontline journalist who's working on a conflict zone for almost ten years, maybe the only difference between me and Daniel, that's Daniel, when when when things got truly, truly hard and dangerous, can drive his car maybe to Bingrayon Airport, just show his own passport and get the ticket and fly away.
我做不到,因为这里没有机场。
I can't do that because there is no airport.
没有任何出路。
There is no way out.
我唯一能做的就是每天不停地继续报道。
The only thing that I can do is keep reporting nonstop every single day.
丹尼尔·莱斯特林是驻特拉维夫的记者。
Daniel Lestrin is a correspondent in Tel Aviv.
阿纳斯·巴巴是驻加沙的NPR记者。
Anas Baba is a reporter for NPR based in Gaza.
非常感谢你们两位的报道和宝贵时间。
Thanks so much to both of you for your reporting and for your time.
谢谢你们,各位。
Thank you, guys.
谢谢。
Thank you.
本集由莉娜·穆罕默德制作。
This episode was produced by Lina Muhammad.
本集由亚当·雷尼和詹姆斯·海德编辑。
It was edited by Adam Rainey and James Haider.
我们的执行制片人是萨米·叶尼根。
Our executive producer is Sammy Yenigan.
这是来自NPR的《Consider This》。
It's consider this from NPR.
我是莎拉·麦卡蒙。
I'm Sarah McCammon.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。