本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
作为一名交易员,你可能在派对上特别有趣,总是告诉朋友们那七只明星股票已经超买,黄金并不是每个人以为的安全港,或者狗狗币可能会成为下一个比特币。
As a trader, you're probably great fun at parties, always telling your friends that the magnificent seven stocks are overbought, that gold isn't the safe haven everyone thinks it is, or that Doge could be the next Bitcoin.
嗯,也许不是那样。
Well, maybe not that.
但如果这听起来像你,相信我们。
But if this sounds like you, trust us.
我们在Capital.com看来,你想法非常出色。
We at capital.com think you sound brilliant.
今天就和我们一起来探索这些市场以及其他更多领域吧。
Explore all these markets and more with us today.
Capital.com。
Capital.com.
聪明交易。
Trade smart.
差价合约具有高风险。
CFDs involve a high level of risk.
百分之八十三的散户投资者亏钱。
Eighty three percent of retail investors lose money.
我是克雷格·梅尔文。
I'm Craig Melvin.
干杯。
Cheers.
干杯。
Cheers.
干杯。
Cheers.
我一直是个乐观的人,现在我在和一些也以这种视角看世界的人交谈。
I've always been a glass half full kinda guy, and now I'm talking to some people who look at the world that way too.
一些非常有趣的人,他们分享了自己的决定性时刻、动力和挑战。
Some really fascinating folks who share their defining moments, their umphs, challenges.
他们的故事既幽默又坦诚。
Their stories are funny and quite candid.
所以我希望你们每周都能和我一起观看。
So I hope you'll join me each week.
谁知道呢?
And who knows?
你也许会带着属于自己的半杯水心态离开。
You might just come away with your own glass half full.
在YouTube和你收听播客的任何平台搜索‘半杯水与克雷格·米尔福德’,收听今天的节目。
Search glass half full with Craig Milford from today on YouTube and wherever you get your podcasts.
今晚,《今日聚焦》。
Tonight on Dateline.
这些人都是专业人士。
These guys are professionals.
一旦他们抓住她,我不知道会发生什么。
Once they grab her, I don't know what's gonna happen.
我只知道,她不会再回家了。
All I know is that she's not going back home.
一个令人费解的谜团中出现了全新的转折。
A brand new twist in a mind bending mystery.
他们会带走她,而没人能找到
They'll take her and no one will ever find
她的尸体。
her body.
绑架然后谋杀。
Kidnapping and then murder.
说这个案子出现了没人预料到的转折,这真是我职业生涯中最轻描淡写的说法。
To say that this case took a turn no one expected is really the understatement of my career.
没人
Nobody
料到会发生这种事。
saw this coming.
免费医生。
Free doctor.
对。
Right.
自由的脚踝。
Free ankle.
干净利落,没有任何问题。
Nice and clean, no problems.
非常顺利。
Very smooth.
他想杀死他的妻子。
He's trying to kill his wife.
他杀了哈里。
He kills Harry.
他什么都有。
He has everything.
这里涉及大量资金。
There was a lot of money involved here.
他是一名医生。
He was a doctor.
你根本想不到医生会做出这种事。
You just didn't expect this of a doctor.
这不可能
It can't
不可能是抢劫。
be a robbery.
不可能是枪击案。
It can't be a shooting.
不可能是那种情况。
Can't be anything like that.
她是他的女友。
She was the girlfriend.
是我推动了这件事的发生。
I was the one who put it into motion.
有没有可能有人打了她,然后说那是个意外?
Is there any way anyone can hit her and then say it was an accident?
我们可以让这件事发生。
We can make that happen.
他已经告诉我,那些人是从佛罗里达飞来的黑衣特工。
He had already told me the guys were flying up from Florida, the black ops.
他说,我的人从不退缩于任何计划。
He said, my guys don't back down from a plan.
这就是你想要办成的事。
This is what you want done.
没人会回来了。
Nobody's coming back.
你下巴都掉下来了吗?
Did your jaw drop?
是的。
Yes.
这太令人震惊了。
It was shocking.
闪电即将再次击中。
Lightning was about to strike twice.
一段炽热的恋情,一个秘密的谋杀阴谋,以及一个你绝对想不到的惊人结局。
A sizzling affair, a secret murder plot, and a stunner of an ending that you'll never see coming.
我是莱斯特·霍尔特,欢迎收看《今日聚焦》。
I'm Lester Holt, and this is Dateline.
接下来是安德里亚·卡宁汉为您带来的《第二幕》。
Here's Andrea Canning with Take Two.
你即将听到的故事可能难以置信。
The story you're about to hear may sound hard to believe.
我从没在《今日聚焦》里见过这样的反转。
I don't think I've ever seen a twist like this in a Dateline before.
而且你已经看过
And you've seen a
很多《今日聚焦》。
lot of Dateline.
一起涉及豪华汽车销售员的雇凶杀人案。
A murder for hire plot involving a luxury car salesman.
她相信我会伤害那个男人。
She believed that I would harm the guy.
一位绝望的家庭主妇。
A desperate housewife.
别担心。
Don't you worry.
你结束了。
You are done.
一位魅惑的殡葬师。
A seductive mortician.
太可怕了。
It was horrible.
还有一个足病医生。
And a podiatrist.
我不知道是不是雇佣杀手。
I didn't know if it was hitmen.
我不知道那到底是什么。
I didn't know what it was.
完全震惊了吗?
Total shock?
完全震惊。
Total shock.
这起犯罪被摄像头拍了下来。
The crime was caught on camera.
一辆车会撞上她。
One car will hit her.
再来一条?
Take two?
二十万。
200,000.
好的。
Okay.
我们什么时候能请到足病医生?
When can we get a podiatrist?
但就在案件似乎已经结案时,剧情又重新燃起。
But just when it seemed the case was closed, the plot reignited.
更难令人相信的是,这次的目标。
Even harder to believe, the target this time.
这太令人震惊了。
That was shocking.
九年之后,一个全新的结局。
Nine years later, a brand new ending.
你在想什么?
What were you thinking?
你为什么还要再这么做?
Why would you do this again?
我们的故事始于2016年4月初,在纽约州洛克兰县,这里位于哈德逊河畔,距离纽约市以北约一小时车程。
Our story begins in early April twenty sixteen in Rockland County, New York, nestled along the Hudson River, about an hour's drive north of New York City.
那天下午晚些时候,一位汽车销售员接待了一位老客户。
It was late afternoon when a car salesman got a visit from a former customer.
这位女士想跟你谈什么?
What did this woman want to talk to you about?
关于计划杀死她男朋友的妻子。
About planning on killing her boyfriend's wife.
你是个汽车销售员?
And you're a car salesman?
是的。
Yes.
当这位女士进来问你这件事时,你在想什么?
What are you thinking when this woman comes in to ask you this?
当时脑子有点一片空白。
Kind of blanked out a little bit.
很明显,我唯一能问出口的就是为什么。
Obviously, the only thing I could ask is why.
她不愿意直接把所有情况都告诉我,而是一点一点地透露给我。
She didn't want to come forward and give me the full information, but she was giving me little by little.
她看起来像是会做出这种事的女人吗
Did she look like the kind of woman who would
是过来雇杀手的?
be coming in to hire a hitman?
绝不可能。
No way.
我无论如何都想不到会是这种事。
Not a million years I would have think that.
这位要求我们出于隐私考虑不公开姓氏的麦肯齐,已经从事汽车销售长达十六年多了。
Mackenzie, who asked us not to use his last name for privacy reasons, had been selling cars for more than sixteen years.
他说这是第一次。
He said this was a first.
你有没有说过什么话,让她回来找你?
Did you make a comment that would lead her to come back to you?
哦,是的。
Oh, yeah.
麦肯齐认为,当她指责前夫伤害孩子时,误解了他之前某次谈话中的意思。
Mackenzie thinks she misinterpreted something he said in an earlier conversation when she accused her ex husband of harming their children.
我只是想象,这种事情发生在我的孩子身上。
I just pictured that happened to one of my kids.
而且
And
你的We
What was your We
我们就是说,嘿,你知道,出什么事了?
were like, hey, know, what's going on?
如果你需要任何帮助,不管什么情况,我们认识几个人可以帮你。
If you need any help, any kind of situation, we know, you know, a few people that could help you out.
意思是,我有个朋友在附近的警察局。
Meaning that I have a friend of mine in a police station nearby.
我有任何理由都会打电话。
I always call for any reason whatsoever.
你觉得她误解了你对她说的话吗?
Do you think she took what you told her the wrong way?
我觉得她确实误解了。
I think she did.
她以为你的意思是,我认识一些人可以教训一下你的前夫?
She thought maybe that you meant, I know some people who can rough your ex husband up?
是的。
Yep.
现在她又在谈论另一个不同的人了。
Now she was back talking about a different person.
麦肯齐担心了。
Mackenzie worried.
有人处于即时危险中吗?
Was someone in immediate danger?
他保持冷静,继续和他之前的客户交谈。
He stayed composed and kept talking to his former customer.
我得让她感到安心。
I had to start making her feel comfortable.
我告诉她,这不是我做的事,但我或许可以帮她联系到可能能做到的人。
I told her that it was not something that I do, but I could potentially get her in touch with the people that could possibly do.
你有执法方面的背景吗?
And did you have any background in law enforcement?
没有。
No.
你只是个普通人?
You're just a regular guy?
就是一个普通人
Just a regular guy
经常和警察混在一起,顺便学了点东西。
who hangs out with cops, pick up a few things here and there.
他利用自己销售员的技能,继续维持这个骗局,甚至跟她讲起自己会雇来干这活儿的那些人。
Using his skills as a salesman, he kept the ruse going, even telling her about men he would hire for the job.
这些家伙都是顶尖的黑色行动人员。
These guys are all like top black ops.
她感兴趣吗?
Was she interested?
她很感兴趣。
She was.
她离开后,麦肯齐立刻给在警队的朋友发了条短信。
After she left, Mackenzie immediately texted his friend on the police force.
我不断给他打电话,让他回我,回我。
I kept blowing up his phone to call me, call me.
但他直到打篮球时才放松下来。
But he was off till he was playing basketball.
尽管他没能联系上那名警官,他还是安排了当晚晚些时候的第二次会面。
Even though he couldn't reach the officer, he arranged a second meeting for later that night.
他们在这家加油站的监控录像里。
Here they are on this gas station security footage.
她给你带了什么?
What has she brought you?
她给我带了
She brought me
一张装在密封袋里的照片。
a picture in a Ziploc bag.
目标的照片。
A picture of the target.
还有目标的电话号码。
Along with the phone number for the target.
看到那张照片时,你有什么想法?
What did you think when you saw that photo?
一开始,我想,好吧,这真的太严肃了。
At first, I was like, Okay, really now, this is really serious.
现在我把自己暴露出来了,却完全不知道接下来该怎么办。
And now I put myself out there, and I have no idea how to go ahead from here.
最终,他的警察朋友给他回了电话。
Eventually, his police officer friend called him back.
麦肯齐不知道自己是否应该继续下去。
Mackenzie didn't know if he should continue.
他说他的朋友敦促他联系侦探。
He says his friend urged him to contact detectives.
他问我,接下来几天看着新闻,如果看到她死在新闻里,而你却没能阻止,你会有什么感受?
He asked me how would I feel in the next couple of days watching the news and find her dead in the news knowing that I couldn't stop it.
麦肯齐联系了纽约拉马波的侦探罗伯特·菲茨杰拉德和彼得·卢赞。
Mackenzie reached out to Ramapo New York detectives Robert Fitzgerald and Peter Luzanne.
我们第一次听到的时候,觉得这真是个非常罕见的案子。
When we first heard it, were like, it's a very unusual case to hear.
我们很少遇到这样的案子。
We don't get too many cases like that.
所以我们想,好吧,把他叫来,看看这到底是真是假。
So we were like, well, we'll bring him in, and let's see what if it's actually real or not.
你问他什么?
What do you ask him?
我们就开始说,嘿。
We get into, like, hey.
我们对这个故事非常感兴趣。
We're very interested in this story.
让我们听听到底是怎么回事。
Let's hear what it is.
他说,听好了。
And he's like, listen.
一位女性来找我,想请人除掉某人。
I was approached by a female how to get rid of somebody.
那个想雇人杀人的女人是谁?
Who's the woman who wanted the hit?
是凯莉·格里布卢克。
It was Kelly Gribluk.
你对凯莉了解多少?
What were you learning about Kelly?
关于凯莉有一些背景情况。
There was some background with Kelly.
她原本是正统的犹太教徒。
She was formally Orthodox Jewish.
她离过婚。
She was divorced.
她有孩子。
She had children.
在此之前,我曾参与过一起涉及凯莉·格里布卢克的不同调查,因此我对她有所了解。
I had been involved with Kelly Gribulak prior to that in a different investigation, so I was familiar with her.
佩吉·布拉多克警探曾调查过凯莉对她前夫的虐待指控。
Detective Peggy Braddock had looked into Kelly's abuse claims about her ex husband.
那个案子最终毫无进展。
That case had gone nowhere.
现在,调查人员转向这位警探,希望了解更多关于凯莉的情况。
Now, investigators were turning to the detective to learn more about Kelly.
你告诉了他们什么?这些信息如何帮助他们的调查?
What did you tell them and how could that help their investigation?
我只是觉得她不是一个诚实的人,她善于欺骗,是个需要警惕的人。
I just felt that she wasn't a very honest person, that she was deceptive and that she was someone to be concerned with.
凯莉有三个年幼的儿子,曾是一名殡葬师,后来立志成为模特。
Kelly had three young boys and was a former mortician turned aspiring model.
那么,凯莉想要除掉的那个女人是谁?
So who was the woman Kelly wanted dead?
她告诉你名字了吗?
Did she give you a name?
是的。
Yeah.
那名字是什么?
What was the name?
苏珊。
Susan.
苏珊·伯恩斯坦。
Susan Bernstein.
苏珊·伯恩斯坦是一位家庭主妇,也有三个年幼的孩子。
Susan Bernstein was a housewife who also had three young children.
但为什么她会成为凯莉的目标?
But why was she in Kelly's sights?
调查才刚刚开始。
The investigation was just getting started.
我们想再安排一次会面,并且确保有音频和视频记录。
We wanted to set up another meet, and we wanted to make sure we had audio, video.
这时,整个故事变得有点好莱坞风格了。
This is where this whole story goes a little bit Hollywood.
是的。
Yeah.
真的。
Literally.
这简直让人怀疑,你确定吗?
It's almost something like, are you sure?
因为这听起来不可能。
Because this doesn't sound possible.
对。
Right.
她惊得下巴都快掉下来了。
Her jaw was on the floor.
她当时简直震惊了。
She was, like, shocked.
这太黑暗了。
This is dark.
同一个人策划了第二起雇凶杀人案。
A second murder for hire plot by the same person.
我们简直不敢相信。
We couldn't believe it.
侦探们决心在凯莉策划谋杀时将其当场抓获。
Detectives set out to catch Kelly Gribaluk in the act of planning a murder.
我们需要做的是让麦肯齐配合。
The thing we needed to do was to get Mackenzie's cooperation.
麦肯齐,这位四个孩子的父亲、汽车销售员,赢得了凯莉的信任。
Mackenzie, the car salesman and father of four, had earned Kelly's trust.
于是侦探们请他继续扮演坏人的角色。
So detectives asked him to keep playing the role of bad guy.
这一定非常令人畏惧。
That's gotta be really daunting.
这其实挺酷的,你知道吗,有点像707那种感觉。
It was kind of cool, you know, in a way, you know, like, that's like seven zero seven type thing.
他们让他再和凯莉安排一次会面。
They told him to set up another meeting with Kelly.
地点是?
The location?
一家沃尔玛停车场,就在警察局正对面。
A Walmart parking lot directly across the street from the police station.
我们能清楚地看到警察局。
We can literally see the police department.
是啊,我的意思是,你扔块石头都能砸到警察局。
Yeah, mean, you could throw a rock and hit the police station for me.
那将会是
That would be a
一大笔。
whole lot.
这次,他们会盯着。
This time, they'd be watching.
他们已经在麦肯齐的车上安装了摄像头和麦克风。
They'd rigged Mackenzie's car with cameras and microphones.
给我们看看所有摄像头的位置。
Show us where all the cameras were.
摄像头在这儿中间,麦克风挂在这儿。
Cameras was over here in the center, and the microphone was hanging over here.
在我的座位下面,我放了一部手机。
And under my seat here, I had a phone.
在侦探们等待会面安排的同时,他们加紧调查凯莉及其目标苏珊·伯恩斯坦的情况。
As detectives waited for the meetup to be set, they scrambled to find out more about Kelly and her target, Susan Bernstein.
结果发现,侦探们很熟悉苏珊的丈夫,医生。
Turned out the detectives knew Susan's husband well, Doctor.
艾拉·伯恩斯坦。
Ira Bernstein.
他是你们警局的足科医生。
He's your police foot surgeon.
是的。
Yes.
参与这次调查的警探单位里,很多人都是他的病人。
A lot of the people that were involved in this investigation in the detective unit were patients of his.
他们发现艾拉与凯莉一直保持着时断时续的婚外情。
They discovered that Ira had been having an on again, off again affair with Kelly.
我一直好奇,为什么有人会选择当足科医生。
I've always wondered why someone chooses feet as a doctor.
脚部非常重要,是的。
Feet are extremely important, yes.
他告诉我们,他和妻子苏珊分居时,凯莉突然出现了。
He told us that he and his wife Susan were separated when in walked Kelly.
这段关系并不是排他的,也不是一见钟情。
It was not exclusive and it was not like lightning at first sight.
伊拉说,凯莉是他从一段分崩离析的婚姻中得到的慰藉。
Ira says Kelly had been a welcome escape from a marriage that was falling apart.
根据伊拉的说法,他的妻子在保姆的帮助下轻松地带大了他们的孩子。
According to Ira, his wife had had it easy, raising their young children with the help of a live in nanny.
她的日子充满了与朋友的午餐约会、水疗预约和美甲美足。
Her days were filled with lunch dates with friends, spa appointments, mani pedis.
而他则日夜在足部外科中心工作,以维持家庭奢华的生活方式。
While he was working day and night at his foot surgery centers to keep up with the family's lavish lifestyle.
我的房子有13000平方英尺,占地14英亩。
My house was 13,000 square feet on 14 acres of land.
我们还有网球场、游泳池、泳池屋、湖泊、码头和船只。
And we had tennis courts, a pool, a pool house, a lake, a dock, boats.
你们还有其他房产吗?
Did you have other houses?
我大约有20栋不同的建筑和房子用来出租。
I had about 20 different buildings and houses that I would rent out.
他说苏珊是花最多钱的人。
He says Susan was the one spending most of the money.
我过度扩张了自己,而她的消费也不断加剧,以至于每个月在信用卡上花四万美元成了家常便饭。
I overextended myself and then her spending just started amplifying and amplifying to the point where, you know, dollars 40,000 a month on her credit cards was standard operating procedure.
她都买了些什么?
What was she buying?
从她计划的度假、衣服到珠宝,什么都买。
Everything from vacations she would plan, clothes, jewelry.
伊拉声称自己感到孤独和怨恨,并承认他出轨了苏珊。
Ira claims he was lonely and resentful and admits he cheated on Susan.
但他说,当她发现后,他们没有选择离婚,而是决定以一些非传统的规则继续在一起。
But he says when she found out, instead of filing for divorce, they decided to stay together with unorthodox rules.
我们决定实行开放婚姻,她可以开始约会别人。
We decided to have an open marriage and she could start dating people.
但他表示,没过多久苏珊就终止了这种安排,他们正式分居了。
But he says it wasn't long before Susan shut down that arrangement and they legally separated.
你现在又开始约会了吗?
Are you on the market again?
你分居后现在在找新的对象吗?
Are you looking now that that you're separated
是的。
from Yes.
你的
Your
我正在和几个不同的女孩约会。
I'm dating a couple different girls.
就是那时他遇到了凯莉。
And that's when he met Kelly.
她开始了一项新事业,销售鞋垫。
She had embarked on a new career selling shoe orthotics.
她实际上是我在大约四年前的病人。
She was actually a patient of mine about four years earlier.
所以她突然给我打电话,说想见我,看看我们是否能合作。
And so she was calling me out of the blue to say she'd like to meet with me and see if we can do business together.
她邀请伊拉加入她的公司,伊拉同意了。
She asked Ira to be part of her company and he agreed.
他们的专业关系很快演变成了私人关系。
Their professional relationship quickly turned personal.
伊拉说他很难抗拒凯莉。
Ira says he found Kelly hard to resist.
给我们描述一下她的外貌吧。
Describe her for us, like physically.
我的意思是,从外表上看,她非常漂亮。
I mean physically she's very pretty.
她是个模特。
She's a model.
她经常去拍写真。
She goes for photo shoots.
她身材很好,有一种性感的气质。
She's well built and she's got a sexy kind of look to her.
伊拉说凯莉经历了一次创伤性的离婚,导致她的家庭支离破碎。
Ira says Kelly had gone through a traumatic divorce that left her family in tatters.
我们能完全理解彼此,我想这就是为什么我们这么快就合得来。
We could relate perfectly, and I think that's why we kind of meshed so quickly together.
她对我来说是很大的安慰。
She was a big comfort to me.
但约会凯莉六个月后,他说他和苏珊决定再给婚姻一次机会。
But after six months of dating Kelly, he says he and Susan decided to give their marriage one more try.
他厌倦了花大钱请律师,也想念他的孩子们。
He was tired of spending money on lawyers and missed his children.
我怎么也看不够他们。
I couldn't see them enough.
我无法更多地参与他们的生活。
I couldn't be involved in their life as much.
我感到很沮丧,于是对她说:你知道吗?
I was frustrated, and I said to her, You know what?
如果我们还有机会修复这段关系,我愿意。
If there's a chance we can work this out still, I'm in.
我想努力修复它。
I want to work it out.
我告诉凯莉,如果我不试着看看能不能让这段关系继续下去,我会后悔一辈子。
And I told Kelly, I feel like if I don't give it a try to see if I can make this work, I'll always regret it.
她说:我理解。
And she said, I understand.
如果你觉得需要这么做,那就去做吧。
If you need to do this, you do it.
既然她理解,那为什么现在又想让苏珊去死呢?
So if she understood, why was she now trying to have Susan killed?
凯莉第一次接触马克三天后,他打电话给侦探,告知他们凯莉同意再次见面,而且很快。
Three days after Kelly first approached Mark he called the detectives to alert them that Kelly had agreed to meet again, and soon.
一群侦探迅速赶到停车场就位,而麦肯齐则坐在车里。
A team of detectives raced to the parking lot to get in position while Mackenzie sat in his car.
所以她像预期的那样开过来了。
So she pulls up, as expected.
你们在哪儿?
Where are you guys?
嗯,必须有一辆车靠得尽可能近。
Well, had to have one car close, as close as we can get.
另一辆车在这里,也许第三辆在那里,还有第四辆。
Another car here, maybe a third there, and a fourth.
以防他们离开或去别处,我们可以跟踪他们。
In case they leave or go somewhere, we can follow them.
麦肯齐需要说服凯莉上他的车,以便录下她的言行。
Mackenzie needed to convince Kelly to get in his car to get her on tape.
她真的下了车,进了那辆车。
And she gets actually gets out of the car and gets into that car.
我们心想,这太棒了。
We're like, this is fantastic.
你能听到那辆车里传来什么声音吗?
What are you hearing coming from inside that car?
首先,他们互相打招呼。
Well, first, they greet each other.
记住,他们认识对方,所以有几句友好的寒暄,然后话题就转到了计划上。
Remember, they know each other, so there's some friendly conversation, and then it comes around to the plan.
这不能是抢劫。
It can't be a robbery.
不能是枪击。
Can't be a shooting.
绝对不能是那种事情。
It can't be anything like that.
凯莉建议看起来应该像一场事故。
Kelly suggested it should look like an accident.
但你要明白,在车祸中,这并不愚蠢。
But understand now, in a car accident, it's not foolish.
这是一半对一半的概率。
It's a 5050% chance.
他告诉她,他的手下已经准备好了,但他们需要更多信息。
He told her his men were ready, but they needed more information.
比如关于苏珊汽车的细节。
Like details about Susan's car.
我知道你告诉过我那是奔驰。
I know you told me the Mercedes Benz.
什么颜色?
What color?
黑色。
Black.
好的。
Okay.
她工作吗?
Does she work?
不工作。
No.
她是待在家里还是经常购物?
Is she at home or she shopping a lot?
她赚很多钱吗?
Does she make a lot of money?
然后凯利开始谈钱的事。
Then Kelly started talking money.
你有没有指导过麦肯齐该说多少钱,该怎么说?
Had you coached Mackenzie on how much it should be, what he should say?
嗯,我们其实本来是想让她自己决定的。
Well, we actually were trying to let her.
事实上,我认为是凯莉最初提出要花20万美元来完成这件事,他就这么同意了。
Matter of fact, I think Kelly was the one who originally brought up a price of $200,000 to have it done, he was like, he just went with it.
他们收了?
They took?
20万美元。
200,000.
好的。
Okay.
我们什么时候能把这个弄到浴室里?
When can we get it to the bathroom?
这仅仅是接下来众多会议中的第一次。
This was just the first of many meetings to come.
对。
Right.
是的。
Yeah.
这是一个良好的开端,但还不足以构成逮捕。
It was a strong start, but it wasn't enough for an arrest.
还没有任何金钱交易发生。
No money had changed hands.
另一次会面正在筹备中,而凯莉即将更深地卷入其中。
Another meeting was in the works, and Kelly was about to dig herself in deeper.
好吧,那你100块就干吗?
All right, so you'll do it for 100?
我100块干,但你得帮我收尾。
I'll do it for 100, but you got me after.
你了解我的。
You know me.
我说了算,我就说到做到。
If I say something, I mean it.
嘿,各位。
Hey, guys.
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
我是威利·盖斯特。
Willie Geist here.
今天我们庆祝《周日》节目开播十周年,特别举办了一场现场直播的周日对谈活动,嘉宾是全球最知名的巨星之一——瑞安·雷诺兹。
We're celebrating ten years of Sunday today by hosting a very special Sunday sit down live event, and our guest is one of the biggest stars on the planet, Ryan Reynolds.
我们将在4月7日,于纽约的City Winery剧院,面向现场观众举办一场仅此一夜的亲密面对面交流活动。
We're taking our conversation to the stage in front of an audience of you for one night only at City Winery in New York on April 7, an intimate in person evening.
我保证,你绝对不想错过。
I promise you won't wanna miss.
门票数量有限,请立即前往today.com抢购。
Tickets are limited, so grab yours now at today.com.
当一天结束时,来了解今日要闻,欢迎收听NBC新闻全新播客《今日聚焦》,我是主持人雅斯敏·维索吉安。
As the day wraps up, get the scoop on what's been happening with here's the scoop, a new podcast from NBC News with me, your host, Yasmin Visougian.
我们将与NBC新闻值得信赖的记者们,深入探讨当天的头条新闻。
We'll take a deep dive into the day's top stories with NBC News' trusted journalists.
这是一档新颖、敏锐、富有洞察力且信息丰富的节目,让你更贴近塑造我们世界的新闻与对话。
It's a fresh take that's sharp, thoughtful, and it's informative, bringing you closer to the headlines and conversations that are shaping our world.
从头版新闻到时代精神。
From the front page, the zeitgeist.
这是来自NBC新闻的独家资讯。
Here's the scoop from NBC News.
每日在亚马逊音乐收听。
Listen daily on Amazon Music.
他曾是一名年轻的海军陆战队员。
He was a young marine.
她从不在意传统规范。
She didn't care about convention.
他们共同建立了一段人生。
They made a life together.
然后有一天晚上,那位海军陆战队员去世了。
Then one night, the marine died.
随后,死亡调查出现了惊人、出人意料且完全离奇的转折。
And then the death investigation took a wild, unexpected, and utterly bizarre turn.
我是赫·乔什·班凯维奇,这是《疑点追踪》,由《今日聚焦》推出的全新播客。
I'm He Josh Bankiewicz, and this is Trace of Suspicion, an all new podcast from Dateline.
要每周免费收听最新剧集,请在Pandora上搜索并关注《疑点追踪》。
To listen to the latest episodes each week completely free, find and follow Trace of Suspicion on Pandora.
麦肯齐,这位汽车销售员,现在完全投入了扮演反派的角色。
Mackenzie, the car salesman, was now fully committed to his role as the bad guy.
你是不是一直开着
Are you driving around with
摄像机和麦克风全程运行?
the cameras and microphones at all times?
是的。
Yes.
我们在后备箱里装了一个开关,用来开启和关闭设备。
We had a switch in the trunk where we turned the equipment on and off.
每次见她之前,我会提前二十分钟到半小时与其他侦探会合,确保所有设备都正常运行。
I would meet with the other detectives like twenty minutes to half hour before I meet up with her so we could make sure everything is up and running.
在行动的第二天,侦探们等待凯莉再次出现,这次是在一家CVS药店的停车场。
On day two of the sting operation, detectives waited for Kelly to show up again, this time in a CVS parking lot.
我们觉得,不会有杀手每次都出现在同一个地方,所以我们换不同的地点,让整个安排看起来更真实。
We're figuring that no hitman's gonna be one in the same exact spot every time, so let's move it around to change up locations to make it look more realistic.
每次你们都在那里吗?
Each time you were there?
一直都在。
All the time.
我们总是会派出多辆车,每辆车至少有两名警员或两名侦探。
We we would always be multiple cars with at least two officers or two detectives in each car.
凯莉准时到达,上了麦肯齐的车。
Like clockwork, Kelly pulled in and got into Mackenzie's car.
他们事先指导过他如何应对这次会面。
They had coached him on how to handle the meeting.
我们只是告诉麦肯齐,不管她说什么,你都顺着她就行。
We just told Mackenzie, just go along with whatever she says.
首先,你知道,别说话,也别参与任何事。
First of all, you know, don't talk or into anything.
只要顺着她说,这样我才能让这件事发生。
Just go along with that so that I can make that happen.
那是不是像车祸逃逸那样,比如她下车的时候,或者假装有口音?
Was that like a either a hit and run, like, when she's getting out of a car or, like, playing an accent.
有人从后面撞上了她,那家伙停了下来,说:我没看到她。
Somebody backed up into her, the guy stayed and said, I didn't see her.
你知道的,我假装有口音,这样就不会有调查了。
You know, I was playing an accent, so there's no investigation.
凯利
Kelly
想尽快行动。
wanted to move fast.
侦探们听着她提供了苏珊接下来的日程安排细节。
Detectives listened as she offered details on Susan's upcoming schedule.
所以这个周末,她打算周六晚上去参加一个派对。
So this weekend, she's like, she's going to a party on Saturday night.
我肯定周六白天,她会去水疗中心。
I'm sure Saturday during the day, she's gonna go out to the spa.
她会这儿那儿地到处跑。
She's go out there and here and everything.
然后凯莉透露,苏珊完全知道她和伊拉的关系。
Then Kelly revealed that Susan knew all about her relationship with Ira.
事实上,她说苏珊最近给她发了短信。
In fact, she said Susan had recently texted her.
难以置信。
Unbelievable.
你知道吗,真不敢相信她有多疯狂。
You know, can't believe how how psycho she is.
我还没回复。
I haven't answered.
她过去三四周一直在给我发短信。
She texted me, like, the last three weeks or four weeks.
她为什么给你丈夫发短信?
Why is she texting your husband?
她以为他和我在一起。
She thinks he's with me.
你看她有多刻薄。
Look how mean she is.
她叫我妓女和荡妇。
She calls me a prostitute and a slut.
你知道她有多刻薄吗?
Do know how mean she is?
凯莉继续去敲定这笔暗杀的价钱。
Kelly moved on to lock in a price for the hit.
那价钱是怎么回事?
So what's with the price?
这是可协商的吗?
The negotiable?
为了你,我会破例一次。
For you, I'll make some exceptions.
侦探们继续监听,她将麦肯齐的报价从20万美元压到了10万美元。好吧。
Detectives continued to listen in as she negotiated Mackenzie from $200,000 down to $100,000 Alright.
所以你愿意为10万美元做这件事?
So you'll do it for $100
我愿意为10万美元做,但你事后得帮我。
I'll do it for $100 but you got me after.
你了解我。
You know me.
我说什么,就是什么意思,我不是在开玩笑。
If I say something, I mean I'm not.
你知道吗,她提出10万美元,想分一点钱。
You know, she brought up a $100,000 to try to get a little bit of the money.
不可能有人去执行暗杀却不给杀手一点钱。
No one's just gonna do a a hit and not give a hit man some money.
定金。
Down payment.
是的。
Yeah.
所以麦肯齐告诉她,他需要一笔诚意金来让杀手们保持兴趣。
So Mackenzie told her he needed good faith money to keep the hit men interested.
至少给我点什么。
At least give me something.
对。
Yeah.
给我点东西来止住。
Give me something to stop.
她同意支付一笔定金。
She agreed to pay a deposit.
但在下一次会面时,她没有带钱来。
But at the next meeting, she didn't bring it.
相反,她问起了他的退款政策。
Instead, she asked about his refund policy.
他们说,顺便问一下,这笔定金是可以退款的吗?
They say, by the way, the deposit's refundable?
是的。
Yeah.
我简直不敢相信她会这么说。
I couldn't believe she was saying it.
所以她就说,嘿。
So she's like, hey.
这个能退款吗?
Is this refundable?
如果事情没办成,你知道的,我们就想,既然她想说可以退款,那就告诉她可以退款。
If it doesn't happen, you know, we were just like, if she wants to say it's refundable, tell her it's refundable.
就让它顺其自然吧。
Just let it play out.
让她试着给点钱。
Let her try to give some money.
这不仅仅是为了钱。
It wasn't all about the money.
而是为了签合同、进行谈判。
It was about getting the contract, negotiating.
你很在行。
You're good
因为你是个汽车销售员。
at that because you're a car salesman.
嘿。
Hey.
事情看似朝着好的方向发展,但侦探们坚信背后还有更多隐情,凯莉并不是独自行动。
Things were moving in the right direction, but detectives were convinced there was more to the story, that Kelly wasn't working alone.
她一直提到另一个人。
She kept referring to someone else.
我们在和凯莉交谈时就能听出来,她说我得回去和他谈谈。
We could tell during the conversations Kelly were like, I need to go back and talk to him.
听好了,钱不是问题。
Listen, the money's not the problem.
我现在就告诉你。
I'm telling you right now.
问题是,他担心自己会被调查。
The problem is that he's worried that he's gonna get investigated.
他会崩溃的。
He'll break down.
他现在太脆弱了。
He's so weak right now.
他承受不了审讯。
He won't be able to handle an interrogation.
但凯莉实际上一直在做所有见不得人的工作?
But Kelly was essentially doing all the dirty work?
她是主要联络人。
She was the point person.
最终,我们甚至对她的电话进行了窃听。
And eventually, we actually do a wiretap on her phone too.
所以她早就完全卷入了犯罪,我们已经掌握了她。
So she was totally committed to the crime already, and we already had her.
现在我们只需要确保他也参与进来。
Now we just needed to make sure that he commits as well.
到这时,侦探们已经相当确定知道他是谁,但他们需要他去见马克·肯齐和苏恩。
By now, the detectives were pretty sure they knew who he was, but they needed him to meet with Mark Kenzzi and Soon.
他们得知凯莉和她的同伙曾找过其他人,想谋杀苏珊。
They learned Kelly and her accomplice had approached other people about murdering Susan.
他们
They
他们可能跟两三个其他人谈过。
had talked to maybe two or three other people.
是凯莉在到处散布消息,说:‘你认识谁可以帮帮我吗?’
Kelly was the one putting it out there, hey, do you know anybody that can help me?
你们是怎么知道她曾跟其他人谈过的?
How did you learn that she had been talking to other people?
这在调查过程中自然就出现了。
It just came up during the investigation.
她实际上在和麦肯齐的对话中提到了这件事。
She she actually mentioned it during conversation with Mackenzie.
这些其他人是谁?
Who were these other people?
有一个是凯莉很久以前一起工作过的人。
One person that Kelly worked with, you know, a long time ago.
另一个是麦肯齐从前在汽车经销商那里认识的人,还有一位是保姆的女儿。
Another person at at Mackenzie knew from a car dealership once and, a daughter of a nanny.
他们都拒绝了?
And they all said no?
是的。
Yeah.
他们都
They all
就是,你知道的,他们根本没当回事。
just, you know, they blew it off.
就像,你知道的,这真的吗?
Like, you know, is this for real?
就像,你知道的,这有点奇怪,我不想掺和这事。
Like, you know, this is kinda weird, you know, and I'm not getting involved with this.
所以当这个阴谋在展开时,你有告诉苏珊她可能是目标吗?
So while this plot is unfolding, are you telling Susan that she could be a target?
没有。
No.
没有。
No.
我们当时没有问,因为我们不确定会发生什么。
Asked We didn't at that time because we weren't sure what would happen.
只是得到了
Just got
她可能会搞砸或者
to she might blow it or
她可能会不屑一顾?
She might disdain?
她可能会,你知道的,因为自己的原因离开,你知道的。
She might, you know, take off for her own reasons, you know.
你担心过苏珊吗?
Did you worry about Susan?
当然。
Sure.
当然。
Absolutely.
没错。
That's right.
而且我们经常会让麦肯齐偶尔问一句:你们在货比三家吗?
And we would always have Mackenzie occasionally say, hey, are you shopping around?
意思是,还有别人吗?
Mean, is there anybody else?
再说,我们一直盯着凯莉的手机,知道她是安全的。
Again, we were up on Kelly's phone, so we know she's safe.
所以你们有内部情报,让你们觉得苏珊现在没事?
So you had this inside intel that was kinda giving you that sense that Susan's okay right now?
是的。
Yes.
我们觉得我们能掌控局面,心里很踏实。
We felt safe that we were controlling this.
他们让麦肯齐催凯莉安排一次与她伴侣的会面。
They asked Mackenzie to push Kelly for a meeting with her partner.
我以为我们说好是你在和她沟通。
Thought we said you were talking to her.
我有的是空间。
I got plenty of room.
是的,我们确实这么做了。
Yeah, we did.
而凯莉即将分娩。
And Kelly was about to deliver.
突然间,我觉得他进来了。
All of a sudden, I think he's pulling in.
他终于出现了。
He finally showed.
对。
Right.
所以我们全都躲起来,你知道的,不想让他看到我们。
So then we're all, like, you know, ducking because we don't want him to see us.
随着拉马波警探继续调查针对苏珊·伯恩斯坦的谋杀阴谋,他们将重点放在了梳理凯莉的伴侣身上。
As Ramapo detectives continue to investigate the plot to kill Susan Bernstein, they focused on fleshing out Kelly's partner.
到目前为止,她是唯一一个出现来安排这次刺杀的人。
So far, she was the only one who'd shown up to arrange the hit.
我们想确认这不仅仅是凯莉在说而已。
We wanted to make sure that it wasn't just Kelly saying it.
所以让他亲自到场非常重要。
So it was important to have him come to the scene.
警探们怀疑他才是主谋,尤其是在金钱方面。
Detectives suspected he was the one in charge, especially when it came to the money.
他不太愿意拿出那五万,但事成之后他会把全部钱都交出来。
He's not comfortable with giving the 50, but he's gonna give everything when it's done.
好的。
Okay.
你觉得这样可以吗?
Is that okay with you?
意思是,他听着。
Mean, he's Listen.
听着。
Listen.
他掌握着那些杀手。
He's got the killers.
麦肯齐一直要求见他。
Mackenzie kept asking to meet him.
然后有一天晚上,事情发生了。
And then one evening, it happened.
调查开始几天后,他们两人都出现了。
A few days into the investigation, they both showed up.
突然间,我觉得他进来了。
All of a sudden, I think he's pulling in.
他终于出现了。
He finally showed.
对。
Right.
于是我们都躲着,不敢让他看见我们。
So then we're all, like, you know, ducking because we don't want him to see us.
另一个人是谁?
Who was the other person?
那是艾拉·伯恩斯坦。
That was Ira Bernstein.
凯莉的情人,也是警察的足科医生。
Kelly's lover and the police foot surgeon.
你有没有觉得特别意外,这事儿还挺搞笑的,
Is that just blowing your mind that it's Well, one of the funny
有趣的是,我们俩都是病人。
things is we were both patients.
现在我们必须担心了。
Now we had to be concerned.
他会不会在我们进行监视时认出我们?
Is he gonna recognize us when we're doing these surveillances?
凯莉和伊拉没有上车,所以马克·肯齐下了车。
Kelly and Ira didn't get in the car, so Mark Kenzi got out.
嘿。
Hey.
你怎么样?
How are you?
嘿。
Hey.
怎么样?
How's that?
你好。
Hi.
很高兴认识你。
Good to meet you.
伊拉。
Ira.
你好吗?
How are you?
他们能听到伊拉说,他担心凯莉在Facebook Messenger上给麦肯齐发送的讯息会让自己陷入麻烦。
Doing They could hear Ira say he was worried about incriminating messages Kelly had been sending Mackenzie on Facebook Messenger.
所以我的担忧在于这是Facebook。
So my concern is that it's Facebook.
麦肯齐随机应变,向伊拉保证那些讯息没什么问题,尽管这并不属实。
Thinking on his feet, Mackenzie assured Ira the messages weren't a problem, even though that wasn't true.
数据是无法真正追踪的。
Data, you can't really trace data.
你可以看到自己用了多少数据,但看不到具体内容。
You could see how much data you use and you can't see.
你的意思是他们无法做到。
You're saying that they cannot.
这不是短信。
It's not text messages.
你可以,但不在屏幕上。
You can and not in screen.
你可以发短信。
You can text messages.
你可以看到它。
You can see it.
没错。
Exactly.
你看不到这个。
You can't see this.
你看不到数据。
You can't see data.
凯莉还在外面,说她觉得冷。
Kelly, still outside, said she was getting cold.
我得上车了。
I need to get in the car.
梅拉,他确实和线人一起上了车。
Myra, he actually got in the car with the informant.
这改变了局面。
It was a game changer.
那时,理查德·莫兰是洛克兰县的助理地区检察官。
Back then, Richard Moran was a Rockland County Executive Assistant DA.
他从案件一开始就开始参与。
He was on the case from the beginning.
所以他们就直接把剩下的答案告诉你了?
So they just give you the rest answers?
只要你觉得舒服就行。
Whatever makes you feel comfortable.
一旦完成,显然就完全不是问题了。
Once it's done, obviously, it's not a problem at all.
是的。
Yeah.
我希望能尽快。
I'm thinking ASAP.
你们知道得越少,就越安全。
The lesser you two know, the better you know.
同意。
Agree.
我同意。
I agree.
那还不够当场逮捕他吗?
Wasn't that enough to arrest him right then and there?
在纽约,还没有进行任何金钱交易。
No money had been exchanged in New York.
你需要一个明显的行动。
You do need an overt act.
我们确实有一些材料,但我们不想在这个问题上操之过急。
And we had we had some stuff, but we did not wanna jump the gun on this.
当伊拉对执行刺杀犹豫不决时,麦肯齐平静地告诉他,必须做出决定。
When Ira hesitated about going through with the hit, Mackenzie calmly told him he had to make a decision.
不。
No.
我知道。
I know.
我知道。
I know.
显然,我很害怕。
Obviously, I'm scared.
哦,这种事情已经顺利发生过好多次了。
Oh, This has been done smoothly multiple times already.
这跟你没关系。
That has nothing to do with you.
我们从来没有谈过这个。
I we never had this conversation.
你从未见过我。
You never met me.
你从未见过我。
You never met me.
我们互不相识。
We don't know each other.
我根本不知道你是谁。
And I have no idea who you are.
所以我才告诉她。
That's why I told her.
我当时想尽量让你远离
I was trying to keep you as much out of
好的。
Okay.
他感觉太糟糕了。
He feels too bad.
嗯,他给了我钱,并说他希望我替他保管。
Well, he gave me the money, and he said that he wants me to hold it.
他希望你知道,我手里有这笔钱。
He wants to know he wants you to know that I have the money.
但在他做决定之前,他说不行。
But until he makes a decision, he's like, no.
他很害怕。
He's scared.
我该怎么办
What should
我该怎么做?
I do?
我能理解。
I can understand.
这是很自然的事。
It's a natural thing.
我能理解这一点。
I can understand that.
但归根结底,这不是做生意的方式。
But at the end of the day, that's not the way of the business.
押金。
Deposit.
如果你现在把钱给我,只要我手里有这笔钱,我就能让我的团队知道,好吧,这个生意确实准备好了。
If you give it to me now, if I have money in my hand, I can show my guys that, okay, you know what, definitely the business is ready to go.
我们必须继续前进。
We gotta move on.
不能再拖了
Can't push
让他去做。
him to do it.
你不能逼他去做吗?
You can't push him to do it?
我没让你这么做。
I'm not asking you to.
他是老板,对吧?
He's the boss, right?
凯莉说伊拉担心他的孩子们,以及他们母亲去世后会发生什么。
Kelly said Ira was worried about his children and what would happen after their mother died.
现在他在想,我该怎么照顾我的孩子们?
Now he's thinking like, how am going take care of my kids?
她
She
她看到了另一种人生,我觉得。
saw another life for her, I think.
她和伊拉本来打算一起生活,开开心心的,你知道的。
Her and Ira were going to just live together and be happy, you know.
我认为她没有想象过负面的一面,也就是孩子们总是没有亲生母亲。
I don't think she pictured the negative side of it, of the children always not having their real mother.
她在之前的会议上已经提过这个话题。
She'd brought up the topic in an earlier meeting.
她一直在想,我该怎么办?
She was what am I gonna do?
我必须成为我所说的那样,我会帮你的。
I have to be a I said, I'll help you.
我并不是想对他们苛刻什么的。
Trying to I'm not trying to get hard at them or anything.
他们只是孩子。
They're kids.
我不确定在你们的宗教里会不会这样做。
I don't know if if in your religion you do that.
带他们去玩一玩。
Take them somewhere to have fun.
相信我。
Trust me.
所以我才说,趁他们玩得开心的时候赶紧带他们去检查。
That's why I said, take them to check as soon as they're having fun.
带他们去游戏厅之类的地方。
Take them to an arcade or something.
让他们打篮球。
Let them play basketball.
让他们玩游戏,如果
Let them play games if
他们想吃查克奶酪的话。
they want some Chuck and cheese.
这正是我说的。
That's exactly what I said.
她提到有一次和麦肯齐在车里。
She talked about one time with McKenzie in the car.
她说,等这一切结束之后,我们会举办盛大的派对。
She's like, we're gonna have such parties after this when this is over.
还有一次,她感到内疚。
And then another time, felt guilt.
她坐在车里,说:我会不会因为这个下地狱?
She's sitting in the car, she's like, am I gonna go to hell for
再进一步,你明白吗?
One step closer, you understand?
不明白。
No.
再进一步就是麦肯齐了。
One step closer will be Mackenzie.
好的。
Okay.
这是押金。
Here is the deposit.
先拿着。
Hold on to it.
我下周给你AOK。
Let me get you the a o k next week.
好吧,我两天内给你AOK。
Well, let me get you the a o k in two days.
除非我亲眼看到钱到手,否则对我来说都不算 serious。
There's nothing serious to me until I see money in my hands.
给我一天时间处理一下。
Give me a day to work on it.
麦肯齐安排了另一次会面,希望伊拉能再次出现。
Mackenzie arranged another meeting, hoping Ira would show again.
他没来,但发生了一件大事。
He didn't, but something big happened.
你怎么样?
How are you?
所以我有我们之前谈过的那笔钱,就像我们说的那样,是一笔定金。
So I have the thing that we talked about, and it's a deposit like we spoke about.
实实在在的现金。
Cold, hard cash.
这正是调查人员所需要的。
Exactly what the investigators needed.
但在凯莉交出这笔钱之前,她又想谈谈苏珊将如何被杀害。
But before Kelly handed it over, she wanted to talk again about how Susan would be killed.
结果发现,这件事凯莉早就知道。
Turns out, it was something Kelly knew all about.
她十几岁时不小心撞死过一个人。
She'd accidentally run over and killed someone when she was a teenager.
我以前也出过事故。
I was in an accident before.
我当时有个车。
I had a stake.
他冲了出去。
He ran out
从我的车里。
of my car.
他们把我的车扣押了。
They took they took my car was impounded.
我被警车带到了警察局。
I was taken with the police car to the police station.
他们给我做了血液检测、毒品检测,什么都做了。
I was given blood tests, drug tests, everything.
这听起来非常像她在之前会面时提出的计划。
It sounded very much like the plan she proposed at their prior meeting.
有没有可能有人撞了她,然后留下来说是意外?
Is there any way anyone can hit her and then stay and say it was an accident?
你可以承担责任,直接说,看。
You can take responsibility and just say, look.
我很清楚。
I'm clear.
这明显是个意外。
It was an accident, clearly.
我们可以让这件事发生。
We can we can make that happen.
他再次向她保证,这就是计划。
Once again, he reassured her that was the plan.
如果事故要发生,一定会有人留在现场。
If the accident's gonna happen, somebody's gonna stay on the scene.
这时,凯莉伸手进手提包,拿出一叠现金,递给麦肯齐。
That, Kelly reached into her purse, pulled out a wad of cash, and handed it to Mackenzie.
那么我们现在说的是多少钱?
So how much we're talking right now?
2。
2.
2000?
2,000?
那剩下的部分怎么给我?
And how is it gonna bring me the rest?
现金。
Cash.
怎么
How
多少?
much?
我们之前怎么说的?
What did we say?
100?
100?
嗯。
Mhmm.
所以是98?
So 98?
好的。
Okay.
我不会跟你做生意。
Nothing I'm doing business with you.
在我们给你许可之前,什么都别做。
Nothing until we give you the go ahead.
她说先待命。
She said just be on standby.
一旦
Once
她把钱转过去,那就是下一步。
she turned that money over, that was the next step.
我们现在把凯莉牢牢控制住了。
We had Kelly locked in now.
所以凯莉完蛋了。
So Kelly's cooked.
没错。
Correct.
但侦探们当时并没有逮捕她,因为他们对伊拉的证据仍然不足。
But detectives didn't arrest her then because they still didn't have enough on Ira.
就在他们即将获得关键证据时,凯莉扔出了一个重磅炸弹。
And just as they were about to get it, Kelly dropped a bombshell.
我们当时心想:天哪,这正好发生在我们调查的关键时刻。
We were like, oh no, this is right in the middle of our investigation here.
这可能会毁掉整个调查。
This could destroy it.
当侦探们等待伊拉和凯莉批准杀害苏珊时,他们的调查发生了戏剧性的转折。
As detectives waited for Ira and Kelly to give the go ahead to have Susan killed, their investigation took a dramatic turn.
这对夫妇把目标对准了两个新的人。
The couple had their sights on two new targets.
凯莉参加了一次会议,说他还没下定决心,但希望你们去处理两个保险调查员。
Kelly shows up to one of the meetings and says, he hasn't committed yet, but he wants you to take care of two insurance investigators.
突然间,我们都想,这事儿要往哪儿发展?
So all of a sudden, we're like, where is this going?
‘处理’的意思是……杀了他们?
Take care of as in Well Kill them?
他并不想让他们死。
He didn't want them killed.
他只是想让他们吃点苦头。
He wanted them to kinda be taught a lesson.
那具体会怎么做?
And that would entail what?
她基本上说,我们需要让这两个调查员挨一顿打。
She basically said, we need to have these two investigators beat up.
他们正在调查他,我们立刻假设这跟他医疗行业有关,也许他在搞欺诈。
They were investigating him, and right away, we assumed it was something to do with his medical profession, maybe he's doing something fraud.
保险索赔。
Insurance claims.
他们就是想要这样。
That they wanted yeah.
他们来自一家保险公司。
They're from an insurance company.
你知道,他们想让这两个人挨顿打,而且必须尽快搞定。
You know, they wanted these two guys beat up, and it had to be ASAP.
我们立刻意识到:天哪。
And right away we're like, oh, no.
这正好发生在我们调查的中间阶段。
This is right in the middle of our investigation.
这可能会毁掉整个调查。
This could destroy it.
他们可能在测试我们。
They might be testing us.
我们正在测试麦肯齐。
We're testing Mackenzie.
侦探们怀疑,这份新工作是这对夫妇用来检验麦肯齐是否真的靠谱的一种方式。
Detectives wondered if this new job was a way for the couple to see if Mackenzie was the real deal.
凯莉问他:‘你是警察吗?’
Kelly asked him, you a police officer?
我们认为,他们不会觉得一个与警方合作的人会真的让两个无辜的普通人挨打。
We believe that they don't think that someone working with the police would actually have two innocent people just doing their job beat up.
而且他们愿意迅速付款来完成这件事。
And they were willing to pay quickly to get it done.
凯莉和麦肯齐商定的费用是5000美元。
Kelly and Mackenzie had agreed on a $5,000 fee.
她递给他一个装有2500美元现金的棕色袋子,一半现在付,另一半做完事后再付。
She handed him a brown bag filled with $2,500 in cash, half now, half after the job was done.
他想确保他们长时间无法行动。
And he wanted to make sure they're out of commission for a long time.
有没有可能彻底解决这个泄密问题?
Any possibility to be done with the leak or not?
卢赞警探联系了保险调查人员,弄清了为什么这对夫妇把目标对准了他们。
Detective Luzanne reached out to the insurance investigators and discovered why they were in the couple's crosshairs.
我给他们打了电话,说:听我说,我真的很想当面和你们谈谈。
I called them and said, Listen, I really want to speak to you in person.
我不想通过电话告诉他们。
I didn't want to tell them over the phone.
他们说:我们本来就要去洛克兰,因为我们正在调查伊拉·伯恩斯坦。
They said, Well, we're coming to Rockland anyway because we have an investigation into Ira Bernstein.
卢赞说,他们正在调查伊拉涉嫌保险欺诈,怀疑他虚报保险索赔。
Luzanne says they were investigating Ira for insurance fraud, suspecting that he'd been patting his insurance claims.
当你告诉这些保险调查人员,有人计划殴打他们时,他们是什么感受?
How did these insurance investigators feel when you told them that there's this plot out to have you beaten up?
他们简直不敢相信。
They couldn't believe it.
他们感到震惊,随后非常担忧。
They were shocked, and then they were very concerned.
侦探请求调查人员提供帮助。
The detective asked the investigators for their help.
接下来,这个故事变得有点好莱坞风格。
This is where this whole story goes a little bit Hollywood.
是的。
Yeah.
真的。
Literally.
我们所有人聚在一起,想出了一个主意:听着,这听起来可能很疯狂,但也许我们可以请一位化妆师,让他们看起来真的被殴打过。
And we all got together and we came up with an idea like, listen, this might sound crazy, but maybe we can get a makeup artist to make it look like they were actually beat up.
他们对
How did they react to
这个我
this I
我想其中一个人说,我得先和我妻子谈谈。
think one of them was like, I ought talk to my wife first.
但他们同意了。
But they agreed.
警察在保险调查员办公室旁边的停车场设下了埋伏。
Police set up in this parking lot next to the insurance investigator's office.
他们安排了两名便衣警察假装拳打脚踢。
They had two undercover officers pretend to throw punches.
我们拍了很多他们殴打他们的照片。
We took a lot of pictures of them beating them up.
我们不得不告诉调查员们,别太过分了,稍微反击一下就行。
Had to actually tell the investigators, like, don't overdo it, just fight back a little bit.
他们从各个角度拍了照片,然后挑选出一些给凯莉和伊拉看。
They took pictures from every angle, then had to choose which ones to show Kelly and Ira.
我们就像编辑一样。
We're being like editors.
我们在想办法找出哪个画面
We're trying to figure out which looks
看起来最真实。
Which looks the most real.
对。
Right.
最真实的样子。
The most real.
嗯,这还挺有趣的。
Well, like, and and it was funny.
我们一直在反复讨论该选哪个画面。
We just kept going back and forth on which ones we should choose.
这在我们的案件中是一个关键时刻,因为如果他们相信了这个假装殴打调查员的骗局,那我们就可能进一步揭穿他试图杀害苏珊的真正目的。
This is a huge moment in our case, know, in that they if they believe this ruse about the beating up the investigators, then we can probably get to the the big thing with, you know, where he's trying to kill Susan.
我认为一旦这件事完成,他会更愿意立即继续推进。
I think once this is done, he'll feel more comfortable to move ahead with that right away.
压力落在了汽车销售员身上。
Pressure was on the car salesman.
他给凯莉发了消息,约她见面。
He texted Kelly to meet him.
他把三张照片夹在报纸里,准备给她看。
He had three photos tucked inside a newspaper, ready to show her.
我们提前对他进行了指导。
And we had coached him ahead of time.
无论发生什么,她很可能会说,我想把这些照片拿给艾拉看看。
No matter what happens, she's probably gonna say, I wanna take these pictures to Ira.
我的意思是,我们不希望艾拉露面。
Like, you know, we don't we want Ira to come out.
我们需要他开始行动,让他做出承诺。
You know, we need him to start know, him to commit.
但不管发生什么,你都要确保照片一直留在你手上。
But no matter what happens, you make sure that the pictures stay with you.
所有人都各就各位,等待着。
Everyone was in place, waiting.
凯莉迟到了。
Kelly was late.
然后她终于出现了。
Then she finally showed.
我真的很抱歉。
I am so sorry.
你不用这样,我今晚已经跑遍了整个该死的世界了。
You don't have to I've been all over the freaking world tonight.
他心跳加速,麦肯齐把照片拿给她看。
With his heart pounding, Mackenzie showed her the photos.
我去吃午饭。
I go to lunch.
所以他要确保他们下周不会带着断腿来上班?
So he wants to make sure they're not gonna come to work with a broken leg next week?
不。
No.
他们已经结束了。
They're done.
他们对他们做了什么?
What'd they do to them?
我们换张床吧。
Let's take another bed.
她看起来很满意。
She seemed satisfied.
正如侦探们所预料的,凯莉要求把照片拿去给艾拉看。
And just as the detectives predicted, Kelly asked to take the photos to show Ira.
我觉得我们会得到
I think we're gonna get the
照片也要。
pictures too.
来吧。
Come on.
这样对你更好。
That's better for you.
他最好不要拥有这些照片。
Better for him not to have them.
所以他们两边都拿到了?
So they got both sides?
是的。
Oh, yeah.
麦肯齐完全按照侦探的指示行事,但他自己突然想到了一个主意。
Mackenzie followed the detectives' instructions perfectly, but then he came up with an idea all on his own.
他知道执法部门想要伊拉,于是让凯莉给他打电话。
He knew law enforcement wanted Ira, so he told Kelly to call him.
说吧。
Go ahead.
喂?
Hello?
嗨,你好吗?
Hi, how are you?
嘿,医生,你和我开的是扬声器。
Hey, doc, you on speaker with me.
我可以给她看,但我不想直接给她,我觉得。
I can show them to her, I don't want to give it to her, I believe.
对。
Right.
所以他建议伊拉亲自去办公室给医生看这些照片。
So he suggested to Ira that he could swing by his office to show the doctor the photos in person.
我们会到办公室,到停车场来。
We'll come to the office, to the parking lot.
是吗?
Yeah?
你打算去接她吗?
Are you gonna get her?
嘿,听我说。
Hey, listen.
这时候你才是说了算的人,你知道的。
You're the you're the boss at this point, you know?
好的。
Okay.
行吧。
Alright.
你为什么不过来呢?
Do you wanna why don't you come over here?
我试着出去一下。
I'll try to run outside for a second.
好的。
Okay.
行了。
Alright.
它
It
听起来像是个完美的计划。
sounded like the perfect plan.
但真的存在这样的事吗?
But is there really ever such a thing?
当他指着那个摄像头时,你屏息凝神了吗?
Are you on the edge of your seats when he's pointing to that camera?
哦,是的。
Oh, yeah.
你开玩笑吧。
You're kidding me.
你懂的,就是这关键时刻了。
You know, this is it.
等我们的片段结束时,他正死死盯着镜头呢。
He's looking right at the camera when we're done.
这个雇凶杀人的计划出了岔子。
The murder for hire plot had taken a detour.
至少眼下,它变成了雇人伤人。
For now, it was assault for hire.
线人麦肯齐在艾拉的诊所外等候,想给他看保险调查员的照片。
Mackenzie, the informant, waited outside of Ira's medical practice to show him pictures of the insurance investigators.
这时候就该让艾拉走到车这边来。
This is when you need Ira to come to the car.
对,艾拉之前已经露过一次面了。
Yeah, Ira's already shown his face once already.
你看,现在我们得让艾拉出来。
You know, now we need Ira to come out.
这是我们案件中的一个关键时刻。
This is a huge moment in our case.
麦肯齐说服伊拉查看保险调查员被殴打的证据。
Mackenzie convinced Ira to see the proof that the insurance investigators had been beaten up.
我们要让医生看这些照片,这将使他卷入袭击和调查员的事件中。
We're gonna have the doctor look at the pictures, and this is gonna commit him to the assault and the investigators.
这是伊拉和凯莉走向麦肯齐汽车的画面。
Here are Ira and Kelly walking toward Mackenzie's car.
医生从他的办公室走出来。
The doctor comes out of his office.
他穿着手术服,上了车。
He's in his scrubs, goes into the car.
嘿,最近怎么样?
Hey, how's going?
你最近还好吗?
How are you?
好的。
All right.
当
As
他一上车,我就转过身,看着她,说:你能给我们一分钟吗?
soon as he got in the car, I turned around, I looked at her, and I said, Can you excuse us for a minute?
你为什么想让她离开?
Why did you want her out?
我想知道是不是她在给他出主意,是不是她在推动他做这一切,好让她能插手继承这笔钱。
To know if it was her putting the ideas in his head, if it was her motivating him to do all that so she could jump in and inherit the money.
她走了吗?
Did she leave?
是的,她走了。
Yes, she did.
所以现在你们俩是单独面对面了?
So you two are now man to man?
和他一起,是的。
With him, yeah.
他在说什么?
What's he saying?
他说:‘你拿到了吗?’
He said, You got them?
我说:‘对,我拿到了。’
I said, Yeah, I got them.
绝对是那几个。
Definitely them.
绝对是那几个。
Definitely them.
麦肯齐给他看了那三张照片,但伊拉立刻显得很怀疑。
Mackenzie showed him the three photos, but Ira immediately seemed suspicious.
他们拍的照片里,我和他站得挨得很近?
They have me standing right next to each other?
是的。
Yeah.
所以他们告诉我,我猜他们当时在休息什么的。
So they told me, I guess they were on a break or something.
而且
And
他问,为什么他们戴着棒球帽,还穿着普通的夹克?
he's like, why are they wearing baseball cap and, you know, regular jacket?
我说,不知道。
I said, don't know.
你真的得随机应变。
You're really having to think on your feet.
嗯。
Mhmm.
为了分散伊拉的注意力,麦肯齐转移了话题,告诉他需要保留这些照片。
To distract Ira, Mackenzie changed the subject and told him he needed to keep the photos.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。