本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
我即将展示的内容引发了一场关于如何识别骗子的激烈辩论。
What I'm about to show you sparked a massive debate on how to spot a liar.
在我采访审讯专家蔡斯·休斯时,他分享了一个非常简单的识别骗子的方法,互联网瞬间炸开了锅。
In my interview with interrogation expert Chase Hughes, he shared a very simple tool on how to spot a liar, and the Internet absolutely exploded.
有些人坚信这是终极测谎工具,也有人认为这可能会让无辜者显得有罪。
Some people swore it was the ultimate lie detection tool, and others swore that it could maybe make innocent people look guilty.
所以我很想听听你的看法。
So I'd love your take.
你认为这个技巧真的有效吗?
Do you think that this trick actually works?
请在评论区告诉我。
Let me know in the comments.
我们寻找哪些迹象来识别说谎的人?
What are some things we look for to spot people who are lying?
有一些广为人知的迹象,我会列举其中几个,但我觉得我人生中最大的错误就是花了十年时间学习所有这些迹象。
There are some indicators that are pretty well known, and I'll give you a couple of those, but I think it's the biggest mistake I ever made in my life from spending a ten years learning all of those indicators.
我为此制作了一张周期表。
I built a periodic table of this stuff.
你所见过的。
What you've seen.
我见过
I've seen
它。
it.
所以说到这些指标,它们很重要。
So when it comes to these indicators, those are important.
真正重要的是善于察觉变化。
What's really important is being good at detecting change.
对话开始时很平常。
So the conversation starts normally.
你来自哪里?
Where are you from?
你对什么感兴趣?
What are you into?
我正在从这个人身上获取一些基本信息。
Some basic information I'm getting out of this person.
然后我们会进入更难的问题,我在观察他们行为的变化。
And then we get to the harder questions and I'm looking for changes to their behavior.
他们回答问题的方式是否和几分钟前一样?
Are they answering questions the same way that they were a few minutes ago?
他们的眼睛移动方式是否相同?
Are their eyes moving the same way?
他们的手指动作是否一致?
Are their fingers doing the same thing?
他们的呼吸节奏是否保持相同?
Are they breathing at the same speed?
因此,寻找变化比知道要观察哪些行为更为重要。
So looking for changes is more important than knowing what behaviors to look for.
所以如果我看到一大堆变化,我几乎可以确定这个人在欺骗,甚至不需要知道我具体看到了什么。
So if I see a big pile of changes, I can be almost certain that this person is being deceptive without even knowing what I'm really seeing.
因此,掌握识别变化是首要也是最重要的事情。
So getting good at changes is the first and most important thing.
然后是理解情境和集群行为。
Then understanding context and clusters.
情境指的是,比如这个人交叉双臂。
So context meaning like, well, this person is crossing their arms.
他们一定是在防御。
They must be defensive.
但如果外面只有50华氏度(约10摄氏度)他们冻得发抖呢?
Well, what if it's 50 degrees outside and they're freezing cold?
所以这里面有情境因素在起作用。
So there's context that plays in.
接着是理解情境,然后是集群行为。
Then understanding context and then clusters.
我不会仅仅因为某人说‘哦,有人挠了鼻子或摸了脸’就寻找单一行为。
I'm going look for not just one behavior when somebody says, oh, somebody scratched their nose or they touched their face.
他们撒谎了,或者他们有一分钟没看对方。
They're lying or they looked away for a minute.
他们在撒谎。
They're lying.
单一行为本身永远不能说明欺骗。
One behavior never indicates deception by itself.
永远不应该这样判断。
It never should.
你应该总是观察一系列行为,有时某人撒谎时这些行为并不存在。
You should always see a cluster of behavior, and sometimes someone's lying and those behaviors aren't there.
它们就是不存在。
They're just not there.
而这与利害关系有关。
And that has to that goes into stakes.
你是否足够擅长通过提问来提高风险程度?
Are you good enough to ask questions to raise the stakes?
比如我现在给你一张鸭子的照片,让你说服那边的人这是一张马的照片,你不会表现出很多欺骗的迹象。
So if I give you a picture of a duck right now and tell you convince this person over here that you are looking at a picture of a horse, you're not going to show a lot of deception indicators.
但如果我完全做同样的事,但说如果你不照做,我就一枪崩了你呢?
But if I do the exact same thing, can I say if you don't do this, I'm going to put a bullet in your head?
你撒的是同样的谎,面对的是同样的情境。
You're doing the exact same lie, the exact same situation.
现在风险更高了,所以你的欺骗迹象也会增加。
Now the stakes are higher so that your deception indicators are increased.
我们提高风险的一种简单方式,比如说:摩根,我挺喜欢你这个人的。
So like one of the ways that we might increase stakes is something as simple as me saying, Morgan, I like you as a person.
我不想让你出错,所以希望你在回答这个问题前仔细考虑清楚。
And I don't want you to get tripped up, so I want you to think very carefully before you answer this question.
明白了吗?
You understand?
所以现在赌注提高了,我刚才那段话已经让你的肢体语言活跃起来了。
So now the stakes go up, so I've just pumped up your body language with just a little paragraph there.
是的,这样会让我对任何欺骗性模式更加敏感。
Yeah, so then it's going to make it me more sensitive to any sort of deceptive patterns.
完全正确。
Absolutely.
搅动你的大脑。
Wiping up your brain.
对。
Yeah.
在问题提出之前就这样做。
Before the question comes so that.
如果你是清白的,你的大脑就不会紧张起来。
And if you're innocent, your brain's not going to get ramped up.
嗯。
Yeah.
所以如果发生了一起谋杀案,而你知道自己不是凶手,你就会表现得像‘嗯,好吧,没问题’。
So if a murder took place and you know you're not the killer, you're going to be like, yeah, okay, fine.
这个问题不会给你带来任何压力。
That question won't cause you any stress.
就像我们讨论的其他关于检测欺骗的问题一样。
Just it's just like this other question we're talking about detecting deception.
这不仅关乎行为,还关乎你能否提出好问题?
It's not just about behavior, it's about can you ask good questions?
世界上最好的问题之一叫做诱饵问题。
And one of the best questions in the world is called a bait question.
比如说,假设发生了一起犯罪,比如一家杂货店被偷了1万美元之类的。
And this is where, let's say a crime happened, let's say some $10,000 was stolen from a grocery store or something.
我把你当作嫌疑人带到这里。
I've got you in here as a suspect.
而你就是那个作案的人。
And you did it.
假设是你干的。
Let's say you did it.
然后。
And.
我可能会说,莫伊,你能想到有什么原因吗?
I might say, Moy, is there any reason?
你能想到的。
That you can think of.
为什么会出现一段黑白摄像机(可能是监控摄像头)拍到你拿钱的视频?
That a video would have showed up from a black and white camera, maybe a security camera that showed that you took some money?
如果你知道根本没有摄像头,你会直接说没有。
And if you knew there were no video cameras, you'd say, no.
你会很坦然,对吧?
You'd be comfortable, right?
这时我会把问题问得更模糊些:有没有可能有人会说那天晚上看到你的车停在那家店外面?
So then I make it more vague and I say, more, is there any reason that somebody would have say that they saw your car parked outside that store that evening?
你不知道我和多少人谈过话,唯一会让你紧张的情况就是你当时在场。
And you don't know how many people I've talked to, and the only time that you will get nervous is if you were there.
确实。
True.
你不知道,而且你明白,如果你决定撒谎而我又即将用证据当面揭穿你,你无法预知我是否要这么做。
And you don't and you know that if you're going to commit to lying and I'm about to slam you in the face with evidence, don't know if I'm about to do that.
这就是为什么诱饵问题如此重要。
That's why the bait question is so important.
这对小孩子也管用。
It works with kids.
第二种提出诱饵问题的方式是:有没有什么原因可能导致某某事情发生?
And the second way to do the way to do the bait question is, is there any reason blah blah blah might have happened?
这样你永远不会引导他们。
So you never are leading them.
你永远不要说'我有这个证据'这样的话。
You're not saying I have this evidence ever.
这就像是一个假设性问题。
It's like a hypothetical.
有没有可能有人告诉我们的警官或调查员,说他们看到你把车停在那栋房子外面,或者大约在晚上9点15分看到你?
Is there any reason somebody would have told one of our officers or one of our investigators that they saw you parked outside of that house, or they saw you at around 09:15PM.
所以问题越模糊越好。
And so the more vague, the better it is.
那你具体会怎么运用这个方法呢?
So how would you use that?
你刚才提到用在孩子身上。
You said with kids.
如果换到完全不同的场景,比如日常生活中面对自己的孩子,你会怎么使用这个技巧?
How would you use that with, say, your children in a completely different context in, like, an everyday life?
对。
Yeah.
给我一个谎言例子。
Give me a lie.
我会
I'll
嗯,孩子们会说些什么谎呢?
Well, have kids, lies do kids say?
嗯,我小时候常对父母说,我们成长过程中让他们操碎了心。
Well, things that I used to say was, I gave my parents heart attacks when we were growing up.
警察上门找我的次数多得数不清。
The amount of times the police came to the door.
我不知道,反正总是说不是我干的,我没做。
I don't know, was just always that it wasn't me, I didn't do it.
我当时不在场。
I wasn't there.
是的。
Yep.
那么,有没有什么原因会让人看到你,或者让人认为你可能在那里?
So one thing, is there any reason somebody would have seen you, or is there any reason someone would say that you might be there?
这对孩子们来说很棒。
It's great for kids.
最适合孩子们的问题叫做惩罚问题。
The best one for kids is is called the punishment question.
这个问题是:你认为应该对做这件事的人采取什么措施?
And this is, what do you think should happen to the person that did this?
这在我生活中与捕食者交谈时用过。
And so this has been used, in my life, talking to predators.
这些人专门侵害儿童,我会问'你认为应该对做这件事的人采取什么措施',而回答总是类似'他们绝对应该向家人道歉'。
And these are people that prey on children and I would say well what do you think should happen to the person that did this and the answer is always something like well definitely they should apologize to the family.
他们不需要某种咨询。
They didn't need some kind counseling.
像是非常轻的惩罚。
Something like really low.
是的,荒谬。
Yeah, ridiculous.
他们会说,显然那个人病了,需要帮助,需要某种咨询和治疗。
They'll say things like, obviously that person's sick and they need help and they need some kind of counseling and therapy.
对我的孩子,我以前用过这个方法。
On my kids, I used this before.
我在军队服役时,有一天穿着迷彩制服回家,看到一小盒巧克力牛奶。
So when I was in the military, I come home in my uniform one day, like the little camo uniform walking in, and there's little box of chocolate milk.
对吧?
Right?
盒子打开了,就那样侧放着。
It's opened, and it's just laying on its side.
巧克力牛奶洒得到处都是,我们白色的长袍像傻子一样被弄脏了。
All this chocolate milk is just we had a white robe like an idiot.
是孩子们干的。
It was kids.
我的两个孩子,夏洛特和威廉,当时就在那里。
And and my two kids, Charlotte and William, are in there.
他们大概五六岁左右。
They're probably five and six, somewhere around there.
我当时就问,谁把牛奶带到客厅来的?
And I was like, who brought this milk here in the living room?
这里不应该有牛奶,只能喝水。
Not supposed to have milk in here, just water.
他们就说,我不知道啊。
And they're like, I don't know.
我现在盯着我儿子看。
I look at my son matter now.
我说好吧,夏洛特客厅威廉。
I'm like alright Charlotte living room William.
分开审问。
Separate.
我先去找了夏洛特。
I went to Charlotte first.
我对夏洛特说,夏洛特,我应该怎么处理那个把牛奶洒在地板上的人?
I said Charlotte, what what should I have been the person that spilled this milk on the floor?
她说,打屁股,不准玩Xbox,没收电子设备,不准出门,不准和朋友玩,关禁闭。
She said, spankings, no more Xbox, no electronics, can't go outside, can't play with friends, grounded.
我说,好吧。
I'm like, okay.
行吧。
Alright.
然后我走到威廉面前说,威廉,你觉得该怎么处理那个把巧克力牛奶洒在地板上的人?
And I go over to William and I said, William, what should happen to the person that spilled the chocolate milk on the floor?
他说,以后不准在客厅喝巧克力牛奶了?
And he goes, no more chocolate milk in the living room?
所以。
So.
有趣的是,孩子们会这样反应,但成年人面对同样的问题时反应也差不多。
And what's funny is like, it's funny that kids do this, but adults react the same way to that question.
因为情绪化,对吧?
Because emotional, right?
我能想象到,因为我正在脑海里模拟,我在想,会发生什么呢?
There'd be I imagine, because I'm trying to play it in my head, I'm like, what would be happening?
因为如果是我做的,我脑海中会有画面浮现。
Because if I did it, I have images of it happening.
我在视觉化,在脑海中演练,如果我专注于此,就会感受到。
I'm visually, I'm playing it out of my head, and if I'm focusing on it, I'm going to feel it.
现在如果你提高赌注,问'应该发生什么'?
And now if you're raising the stakes, being like what should happen?
现在我正在想象,如果被抓到,我的惩罚会让我惊慌失措。
Now I'm visualizing, if I get caught, my punishment, it's going to make me I'm freaking out.
是啊。
Yeah.
我就在想,哦,如果他们真的说到做到怎么办?
I'm like, oh, well, what if they do what they say that they're gonna do?
如果我按照我说的做了,他们会怎样?
What I do what if they do what I say?
所以这就是诱饵问题和惩罚问题。
And so that's the bait question and the punishment question.
这些真的很好。
Those are really good.
太棒了。
That's killer.
真正触及真相的时刻,就是我们深入探讨如何获取供词的时候。
And really getting to the truth is when we get down into the ways to get a confession.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。