本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
大家好,我是艾瑞尔·古德博迪。
Hello everyone, it's Ariel Goodbody.
大约一个月前,我做了阑尾切除术,就是通过手术切除阑尾。
About a month ago, I had an appendicectomy, which is a surgery where they remove your appendix.
阑尾是位于大肠底部的一个小器官,没有它你也能正常生活。
The appendix is a small organ found at the base of the large intestine and you don't need it to live.
而它最'有趣'的功能之一就是可能严重感染,你会得阑尾炎,然后不得不切除阑尾。
And one of the fun things it can do is get very seriously infected, you can get appendicitis and then you have to get your appendix removed.
这就是发生在我身上的事。
That's what happened to me.
我是在中国医院做的手术,这相当可怕,因为很多医护人员不会说英语。说实话,自从大约一个月前手术后,我一直有点力不从心。
I did that here in a Chinese hospital, which was quite scary because many of the staff did not speak English, and to be honest, ever since the operation about a month ago, I've just been struggling a bit.
我的精力非常差。
I have had very low energy.
我本来在慢慢恢复体力,但工作压力又特别大。
I was slowly building back my strength, but then work has also been very stressful.
还有各种小压力源,比如我感冒了,因为每年这个时候都有很多病毒和细菌传播。
There's also been lots of small stressors like I got a cold because there's a lot of viruses and bacteria spreading at this time of year.
我居住的宁波污染也很严重,实际上反常地严重。
It's also been very polluted in Ningbo where I live, actually very unusually polluted.
所以总的来说,我现在没有足够精力录制一期全新的播客节目。
So all this is to say, I don't have enough energy to record a completely new episode of the podcast.
实际上我已决定恢复到每两周更新一期的节奏。
I've actually decided to go back to the schedule of doing one episode every two weeks.
今年大部分时间我都是每月更新三期,比如连续三周更新然后休息一周。
For most of this year, I've been doing three episodes a month or like three episodes and then a week off and then three episodes.
但我准备回归到每两周更新一次的频率,这样能让我慢慢恢复体力。
But I'm going to go back to doing one episode every two weeks, once a fortnight, just so I can build my strength back up a bit.
在搬来新地方三个半月后还说这种话可能有点傻,但我确实仍在适应中国的生活,特别是季节变化,同时还要从手术中恢复。
It feels a bit silly to be saying this three and a half months into moving to a new place, but I am still adjusting to living in China, and I'm certainly adjusting to the change in the seasons and recovering from surgery and just generally.
希望下期节目时我能恢复精力,但今天只能给大家放送一期重播了。
So hopefully the next episode I will have my energy back up, but for today, I'm just giving you a rerun.
这是《三只山羊》的故事,大约两年前我发布的入门级内容。
So this is The Three Goats, this is a beginner level story that I published about two years ago.
我觉得这是个挺可爱的故事,简单易懂,是经典童话,希望你们今天听得开心,即使已经听过。
I think it's quite a cute story, it's very easy to understand, it's a classic fairy tale, and I hope you enjoy it today, even if you have heard it already.
好了,感谢收听,希望你们喜欢这期节目。
Alright, thanks for listening and enjoy the episode.
欢迎收听《轻松学英语故事》,这个播客能让你的英语从一般到良好,从良好到优秀。
Welcome to Easy Stories in English, the podcast that will take your English from okay to good and from good to great.
我是Ariel Goodbody,本节目主持人。
I am Ariel Goodbody your host for this show.
今天的故事适合初学者,故事名为《三只山羊》,你可以在easystoriesinenglish.com/threegoats找到本集文本,即easystoriesinenglish.comthreegoatsthreegoats。在那里你还可以下载PDF版本。
Today's story is for beginners, the name of the story is The Three Goats, you can find a transcript of the episode at easystoriesinenglish.com/threegoats that's easystoriesinenglish.comthreegoatsthreegoats There you can also download the episode as a PDF.
好的,我先解释今天故事中的一些词汇。
Okay, I'll just explain some words that are in today's story.
山羊是一种矮小的白色动物,eldest指的是家庭中最年长的兄弟或姐妹。
Goats are a short white animal that go e l d e s t is the oldest brother or sister in a family.
例如,我的哥哥比我和姐姐都年长,所以他是长子。
For example, my brother is older than me and my sister so he is the eldest.
在过去以及许多文化中,长子通常非常重要。
In the past and in many cultures generally the eldest child was often very important.
中间的孩子(M I D D L A)是指既不是最年幼也不是最年长的孩子。
A middle child M I D D L A is a child who is not the youngest and not the eldest.
我有一个姐姐和一个哥哥,哥哥是长子,姐姐是中间的孩子,她比我年长但比哥哥年幼。
I have an older sister and an older brother, my brother is the eldest and my sister is the middle child, she is older than me and younger than my brother.
有一种刻板印象认为,排行中间的孩子会努力调解哥哥姐姐和弟弟妹妹之间的关系。
There is a stereotype that middle children try to make peace between their older and younger brothers and sisters.
贪婪的人渴望拥有大量食物或金钱。
Someone who is greedy wants to have lots of food or lots of money.
孩子们常常很贪婪,因为他们想吃很多糖果,可能会因为太贪心而偷其他孩子的食物。
Children are often greedy because they want to eat lots of sweets, maybe they steal food from other children because they are so greedy.
通常成年人贪婪意味着他们想要越来越多的钱。
Usually when adults are greedy it means that they want more and more money.
水流动,FLOW,它顺畅地移动。
Water flows, FLOW, it moves smoothly.
如果你把水放在水槽里,它不会流动因为它没有移动,但当水在河里时,它会顺流而下。
If you have water in a sink it doesn't flow because it is not moving but when water is in a river it flows down the river.
海里的水流动得不多,它会非常戏剧性地冲上海滩,但如果你慢慢从玻璃杯倒水,它会流动。
Water in the sea doesn't flow so much, it jumps onto the beach very dramatically but if you pour water slowly from a glass it will flow.
那些愚蠢的(silly)人会说傻话,喜欢开很多玩笑。
People who are silly s I l l y say stupid things and like to make lots of jokes.
通常,孩子们相当愚蠢,因为他们喜欢玩乐,不太严肃。
Usually, children are quite silly because they like to have lots of fun and aren't very serious.
我认为我们都应该更愚蠢一点。
I think we should all be a bit more silly.
当某人溺水(drown)时,他们会掉进水里淹死。
When someone drowns d r o w n they fall into water and die.
如果你会游泳,那么溺水就更难,因为你可以游出水面,但也许水很深,或者你在海里离陆地很远,或者你受了重伤,在这些情况下你可能会溺水。
If you can swim then it is harder to drown because you can swim out of the water but maybe the water is very deep or you are in the sea and the land is far away or you are very hurt, in those cases you might drown.
你也可以淹死别人,但我不建议这么做。
You can also drown another person but I don't recommend it.
狭窄的意思就是不宽。
Narrow means not wide.
某样东西可以很窄但很高,或者很窄但很矮。
Something can be narrow but very tall or narrow but short.
如果一条街道很窄,可能就没有足够空间让汽车通过。
If a street is narrow there might not be enough room for a car to drive down it.
一个接一个的意思是依次进行。
One by one means one after the other.
如果你真的很喜欢M&M豆,你可能会一颗接一颗地吃,而不是一次吃五颗。
If you really enjoy M and M's you might eat them one by one instead of eating five at once.
如果你在做一些非常难的数学题,你可能需要逐个解答问题。
If you are working on some very difficult mathematics, you will probably have to answer the questions one by one.
当你去看医生时,医生会一个接一个地接诊病人。
When you go to the doctors, the doctor talks to patients, sick people one by one.
巨魔(troll)是又大又丑的怪物。
Trolls t r o l l are big ugly monsters.
巨魔经常出现在北欧的故事中。
Trolls often appear in stories from Northern Europe.
网络喷子是指喜欢在网上惹怒别人的人。
An internet troll is someone who likes to make other people angry on the internet.
希望你们中没有网络喷子,因为他们不是好人。
Hopefully none of you are internet trolls because they are not nice people.
当某人很烦人(annoying)时,他们会做很多你不喜欢的事。
When someone is annoying, a n n o y I n g, they do lots of things you don't like.
比如,如果你妹妹很吵闹、偷吃你的食物还大清早把你吵醒,那她可能相当烦人。
For example, if your younger sister is very loud, steals your food and wakes you up in the morning, she's probably quite annoying.
在我看来,在火车上大声打电话的人非常烦人。
In my opinion, people who have very loud phone conversations on the train are very annoying.
好了,请听并享受吧。
Okay so listen and enjoy.
三只山羊
The Three Goats.
从前有三只山羊
Once there were three goats.
这三只山羊是姐妹,每只都比前一只体型更大
The three goats were sisters and each sister was bigger than the other.
最小的妹妹体型最娇小,中间的体型中等,而最年长的山羊体型最大
The youngest sister was the smallest, the middle child was normal sized and the eldest goat was the biggest.
有一天,三只山羊正在田野里欢快地吃草
One day the three goats were happily eating grass in the field.
它们在那里吃草已有许多年,但现在草所剩无几了
They had eaten grass there for many years, but now there was not much grass left.
‘哎呀,糟了’,最小的山羊说道
Oh, no, said the youngest goat.
‘已经没有草了’
There is no grass left.
我们现在该吃什么?
What will we eat now?
都是你把草吃光了,中间的那只山羊说道。
It's because you ate all the grass, said the middle child.
你真是只贪吃的小山羊。
You're such a greedy little goat.
你以为自己是最小的就可以把草全吃光。
You think because you're the youngest that you can eat all the grass.
停下,最年长的山羊说道。
Stop, said the eldest goat.
你们可能年纪太小不记得了 但这种情况以前也发生过。
This has happened before, but you two are probably too young to remember.
我们可以去另一片草地 那里有更多的草。
There is another field we can go to where there will be lots more grass.
跟我来。
Follow me.
最年长的山羊带着她的两个妹妹穿过田野,来到一座大桥前。
The eldest goat took her two sisters through the field to a big bridge.
桥横跨在一条河流上,河水在桥下湍急地流淌。
The bridge went over a river, and the water under the river flowed quickly.
那是什么?
What's that?
最小的山羊问道。
Said the youngest goat.
那不是草。
That's not grass.
傻妹妹,中间的孩子说道。
Silly sister, said the middle child.
但她也不知道那是什么。
But she also didn't know what it was.
那是一座桥,最年长的解释道。
It is a bridge, explained the eldest.
它会带我们去另一片长满青草的田野。
It will take us to the other field where all the grass is.
但我们为什么不直接游过去呢?
But why can't we just swim?
最小的山羊说道。
Said the youngest.
别犯傻了。
Don't be silly.
你没看到水流有多急吗?
Can't you see how fast that water is flowing?
如果我们进到水里,会被淹死的。
If we went into that water, we would drown.
非常正确,最大的山羊说道,它觉得中间那只山羊比最小的还要傻得多。
Very true, said the eldest goat, who thought the middle goat was much sillier than the youngest.
这座桥很窄,所以我们必须一个一个走过去。
Now the bridge is quite narrow, so we must walk across it one by one.
我先来,中间的山羊说道。
I'll go first, said the middle goat.
不行。
No.
不行,最年长的山羊说道。
No, said the eldest.
让最小的山羊先走。
Let the youngest go first.
如果桥断了,她就不会掉进去。
If the bridge is broken, then she won't fall in.
但我们体型更大,很容易掉进水里。
But we are bigger, and we could easily fall in the water.
于是最小的山羊第一个过了桥。
So the youngest goat was the first to cross the bridge.
桥没有断,她也没有掉下去。
The bridge was not broken, and she did not fall in.
她走过狭窄的桥,很快便看不见也听不见她的姐妹们了。
She walked across the narrow bridge, and soon she could not see or hear her sisters.
但就在她即将到达对岸时,传来一阵可怕的声音。
But before she could cross to the other side, there was a horrible noise.
一只巨魔突然跳到山羊面前。
A troll jumped out in front of the goat.
最小的山羊喊道。
Cried the youngest goat.
你不是草。
You're not grass.
不是。
No.
“我是巨魔,”巨魔说道。
I'm a troll, said the troll.
“哦,”山羊说。
Oh, said the goat.
我很高兴你不是草,不然我就不会吃你了。
I'm glad I wouldn't eat you if you were grass.
你不怕我吗?
Aren't you afraid of me?
巨魔说道。
Said the troll.
不太怕,山羊回答。
Not really, said the goat.
为什么?
Why?
我该害怕吗?
Should I be afraid?
是的。
Yes.
是的,你应该害怕,巨魔说道。
Yes, you should, said the troll.
我是个又大又饿的巨魔。
I'm a big, hungry troll.
你知道巨魔吃什么吗?
And do you know what trolls eat?
草,最小的山羊说道。
Grass, said the youngest goat.
我们吃草,而且味道很不错。
We eat grass, and it's very nice.
所以我觉得不会,巨魔说道。
So I think no, said the troll.
我吃山羊。
I eat goats.
哦,但你不打算吃我,对吧?
Oh, but you're not going to eat me, are you?
我还这么小。
I'm so young.
我想活得长久些。
I want to live a long life.
‘太糟糕了,’巨魔说,‘因为我要吃掉你,你无法阻止我。’
Well, too bad, said the troll, because I'm going to eat you, and there's nothing you can do to stop me.
‘但说真的,’山羊说,‘你说你又大又饿,可我只是只小山羊。’
But really, said the goat, you said you're big and hungry, but I'm just a little goat.
‘如果你吃了我,你仍然会饿。’
If you eat me, you'll still be hungry.
‘我姐姐很快就来了,她比我大,你可以吃她。’
My sister will be coming soon, and she's bigger than me, so you can eat her instead.
‘那我为什么不把你们姐妹俩都吃掉呢?’
And why don't I just eat you and your sister?
巨魔说道。
Said the troll.
‘那样太贪婪了,而且如果你想吃我,我会大声叫喊,我的姐妹们就知道不要过桥了。’
Well, that would be greedy, but also if you try to eat me, I'll make lots of noise and my sisters will know not to cross the bridge.
好吧。
Fine.
好吧。
Fine.
巨魔说道。
Said the troll.
希望你妹妹没那么烦人。
Hopefully, your sister is less annoying.
太好了。
Yay.
谢谢你,巨魔先生。
Thank you, mister troll.
最小的妹妹走到了另一边。
The youngest sister crossed to the other side.
接着,中间的山羊走过了那座窄桥。
Next, the middle goat crossed the narrow bridge.
她担心桥会断,但并没有。
She worried that the bridge might break, but it didn't.
当巨魔跳出来时,她相当惊讶。
When the troll jumped out, she was quite surprised.
哦,我还以为桥要断了,原来只是只兔子什么的。
Oh, I thought the bridge was breaking, but it's just a rabbit or something.
兔子?
A rabbit?
巨魔说道。
Said the troll.
我不是兔子。
I'm not a rabbit.
好吧。
Alright.
好吧。
Alright.
也许是只猫?
Maybe a cat?
听着,我们住在一片小田野里。
Look, we live in a small field.
我不知道其他动物长什么样。
I don't know what other animals look like.
那不重要,巨魔说,因为我要吃掉你。
That doesn't matter, said the Troll, because I'm going to eat you.
哦,中间的山羊说,请告诉我你吃了我妹妹。
Oh, said the middle goat, please tell me you ate my younger sister.
她太烦人了。
She's so annoying.
我没有,巨魔说,因为我要吃掉你,我看得出你比你妹妹大,所以我吃完就不会饿了。
I did not, said the troll, because I am going to eat you, and I can see that you are bigger than your sister, and so I will not be hungry afterwards.
哦,你这可怜的家伙,山羊说。
Oh, you poor thing, said the goat.
你的食物一定很少吧。
You must have so little food.
你觉得我能让你吃饱吗?
You think I will be enough food for you?
哦,你这一生可能都没怎么吃饱过。
Oh, you probably have been eating too little all your life.
听着,我姐姐就在我后面,她特别胖,是我见过最大的山羊,她才是更好的美餐。
Listen, my older sister is coming after me and she's really fat, she's the biggest goat I've ever seen, she would really make a better meal.
那我为什么不能把你们都吃掉呢?
And why can't I eat you both?
巨魔说道。
Said the troll.
此刻,他正想着或许该改吃草了。
Right now, he was thinking that maybe he should start eating grass.
草被吃的时候可不会说话。
Grass didn't talk when you tried to eat it.
草不像这些山羊那样烦人,而且他的肚子空空如也。
Grass wasn't annoying like these goats, and his stomach was so empty.
首先,那样做太贪心了,而且我姐姐跑得很快。
Well, first, that would be greedy, but also my older sister is very fast.
如果你吃了我,你会累得追不上我姐姐,但如果你等她,你就能抓住她。再说我之前吃了些很糟糕的草,所以你肯定不想吃我。
If you eat me you'll be tired and my sister will be too fast for you, but if you wait for her you'll be able to catch her, also I ate some really bad grass earlier, so you really don't want to eat me.
好吧好吧,巨魔说,你走吧。
Fine, fine, said the troll, go on.
谢谢,中羊说着过了桥。最后,老山羊也走过了窄桥。
Thanks, said the middle goat, she crossed over the bridge, Finally, the eldest goat crossed the narrow bridge.
桥发出了一些声响,但并没有断裂。
The bridge made some noises, but it did not break.
当巨魔跳出来时,老山羊并不惊讶。
When the troll jumped out, the eldest goat was not surprised.
我记得你,她说。
I remember you, she said.
已经过去很多年了,不是吗?
It's been years, hasn't it?
我不知道你在说什么,巨魔说道。
I don't know what you're talking about, said the troll.
我从没见过你。
I've never met you.
哦,我真傻。
Oh, silly me.
我杀的是你母亲,对吧?
It was your mother I killed, wasn't it?
那时你还是个小婴儿。
You were just a little baby then.
你在说什么?
What are you talking about?
巨魔说道。
Said the troll.
但对他来说已经太迟了。
But it was too late for him.
最年长的山羊跳起来用头撞向巨魔。
The eldest goat jumped and hit the troll with her head.
巨魔从桥上掉进了河里。
The troll fell off the bridge and into the river.
巨魔哭喊道。
Cried the troll.
再见,最年长的山羊说道。
Bye, said the eldest goat.
哦,如果你有任何孩子,我也会杀了他们。
Oh, and if you have any babies, I'll kill them too.
我会一个一个淹死他们。
I'll drown them one by one.
水流湍急,巨魔被淹死了。
The waters flowed quickly and the troll drowned.
但至少他的胃不是空的,里面灌满了水。
But at least his stomach wasn't empty, it was full of water.
最年长的山羊过了桥,找到了她的姐妹们。
The eldest goat crossed the bridge and found her sisters.
哦,中间那只山羊说。
Oh, said the middle goat.
你对巨魔说了什么?
What did you tell the troll?
你告诉他还有别的巨魔要来吗?
Did you tell him another troll was coming?
噢,别担心,最年长的山羊说。
Oh, don't worry, said the eldest goat.
我对他非常友善。
I was very nice to him.
真的吗?
Really?
最小的山羊说道。
Said the youngest goat.
他还在桥上吗?
Is he still on the bridge?
不在了,最大的山羊说。
No, no, said the eldest.
我们决定他应该离开。
We decided that he should leave.
他现在住在一个更潮湿的地方。
He lives somewhere much wetter now.
来吧,我们还有这么多草要吃呢。
Now come on, we've got all this grass to eat.
你要是不吃草,就长不成我这样又大又壮的。
You won't grow up to be big and strong like me if you don't eat your grass.
现在桥上再也没有巨魔了,三只山羊可以轻松过桥了。
Now there were no trolls on the bridge, so the three goats could cross it easily.
当田野里再也没有草时,三只山羊依次过桥去了另一片草地,从此它们幸福地吃草度过余生。
When there was no more grass in the field, the three goats crossed the bridge one by one and went to the other field, and so they happily ate grass for the rest of their lives.
故事结束。
The end.
如果你喜欢今天的节目,并且想以实体书形式阅读我的故事,那么有个好消息。
If you enjoyed today's episode and want to be able to read my stories in a physical format, then good news.
我有一本包含10个短篇故事的书,名字就叫《简易英语故事集》。
I have a book of 10 short stories called, well, Easy Stories in English.
你可以在亚马逊、苹果书店或谷歌图书购买,或者访问easystoriesinenglish.com/book查看所有购买渠道。
Get it on Amazon, Apple Books or Google Books or go to easystoriesinenglish.com/book to find out all the places it's available.
感谢收听,我们两周后见。
Thank you for listening, and see you in two weeks.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。