本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
嗨,欢迎回到《Eat Your Crest》播客。
Hi, welcome back to Eat Your Crest podcast.
我是Jisoo。
I'm Jisoo.
我是Crystal。
And I'm Crystal.
好的。
Okay.
这和前面的内容有点无关,但我觉得在我们过去大概三集里,我听起来好像生病了。
This is kind of unrelated to everything, but I feel like in our past, maybe, like, three episodes, I sound sick in them.
我觉得这真是个有趣的巧合。
And I just thought that was a funny coincidence.
每次我们录音时,恰好我都有点鼻塞。
Just happens to be whenever we record, I'm a little congested.
Crystal没对你们说实话。
Krystal's not being honest with you guys.
这是她的新声音。
This is her new voice.
就这样永远定型了。
It's just stuck like this forever.
天啊。
Oh god.
希望不是这样。
I hope not.
实际上,这可以很好地过渡到我们本周的真正话题——巨大的恐惧。
Actually that could be a pretty decent transition into our real topic this week which is big fears.
我们觉得做一期专门讲非理性恐惧的节目会挺有趣的。
We thought it would be kind of funny to do an episode dedicated to irrational fears.
今天我们打算聊一些比较非同寻常的恐惧。
We're going to keep these fears to be like kind of out of the ordinary fears today.
所以不是社交焦虑、人际关系,或者关于自我价值的那些恐惧。
So not social anxiety or interpersonal relationships or fears about worthiness, that kind of stuff.
这些就像是,我害怕黑暗。
These are like, I'm scared of the dark.
我害怕被谋杀。
I'm scared of getting murdered.
这类恐惧。
Those kinds of fears.
这些都是合理的恐惧,我希望如此。
And all valid fears, I hope.
人们都会认同。
People can agree.
非同寻常,但非常正常且合理。
Out of the ordinary, but very normal and valid.
是的。
Yes.
是的。
Yes.
说实话,我在某些方面还是害怕黑暗。
Honestly, I'm still scared of the dark in some aspects.
我觉得我花了一段时间才真正停止开着夜灯睡觉。
I think it actually took me a while to, like, stop sleeping with a nightlight.
我觉得黑暗加上其他恐惧,会成倍地增加恐惧感。
I think the dark plus additional fears, it, like, multiplies the fear factor.
确实如此。
So True.
举个例子,我现在一个人住,有时候整个房间一片漆黑,只有我一个人,就会想:天啊,黑暗里可能藏着什么。
An example could be, like, currently I live alone, so sometimes when it's just all dark and you're just by yourself, it's like, oh god, anything could be in this dark.
我们需要一些光。
We need some light here.
这有点好笑,因为如果真出了事,灯真的能帮上忙吗?
It's kind of funny because it's like, would that really help if things came down to it?
我看过一个Reddit帖子,讲的就是对黑暗的恐惧,和你一样,我通常也开着夜灯,但我花了很长时间才适应关掉夜灯睡觉。
I saw a Reddit thread that talked about the fear of the dark actually and I like you usually keep a night light on and it took me a really long time to like get used to sleeping with it off.
对。
Right.
我读过一个关于这种现象的帖子,有人提到,真到了紧要关头,如果有个入侵者闯进你家,你们在黑暗中玩捉迷藏,你会有优势,因为你熟悉自己家的布局。
And I was reading a thread about that phenomenon and someone was like, you know, when it came down to it, if an intruder came into your house and you guys were kind of battling out the hide and seek in the dark, you would have the advantage because you know what your house looks like.
而入侵者则需要灯光来判断房间的结构。
And the intruder would need the light to kind of gauge what the layout looks like.
我当时想,天啊,这确实有道理,但这并不会让黑暗变得不那么可怕。
And I was like, damn, I guess that's true, but it doesn't make it any less scary.
是啊。
Yeah.
我不确定。
I don't know.
因为你还是可以躲起来,但如果他们有灯,很可能会把每个角落都检查一遍。
Because you could hide still and if they have a light, they'll probably try to check everything.
除非你可能能挤进柜子里?
Unless maybe you can fit in, like, the cupboard?
嗯。
Yeah.
我想希望是,如果灯关着,你可能会知道家里一些隐蔽的角落,而入侵者却不知道。
Guess the hope would be, like, if the light was off, you might know some of the nicks and crannies of your house that the intruder would not know.
但我不确定。
But I don't know.
我觉得他们 anyway 会带手电筒。
I feel like they would have a flashlight anyway.
嗯。
Yeah.
我想你也许可以躲起来,然后绊倒他们。
I guess maybe you could hide somewhere and, like, trip them.
但如果你躲在某个角落里,要从那里出来也得花点时间。
But then, like, if you're in a nook and cranny, like, it's gonna take a second to get out of that.
嗯。
Yeah.
嗯。
Yeah.
就像《小鬼当家》那样的场景,但你觉得这是你害怕黑暗的主要原因吗?
Like some home alone type of But do you think that is a big part of your fear of the dark?
是担心有人闯入家门,或者有人在屋里吗?
Potential home invasion or like someone in the house?
还是有其他相关的原因?
Or are there other things associated with it?
好吧。
Okay.
这听起来有点傻,但没错,部分原因就是未知。
This is kinda stupid, but, yes, part of it is, you know, the unknown.
比如,万一有个人在黑暗中潜伏着,而你却不知道呢?
Like, what if someone's lurking in the dark that you aren't aware of?
但另一部分原因是,像超自然的东西。
But then another part is, like, supernatural shit.
你知道吗,如果有什么鬼魂或者奇怪的、无法解释的事情发生呢?
You know, what if there's, ghosts or weird, unexplainable things going on?
我不知道,只是在黑暗中感觉更糟。
I don't know, it's just worse in the dark.
是啊,我想确实如此。
Yeah, guess that's true.
我在想,我们是不是被潜移默化地接受了这种东西。
I wonder if we were kind of conditioned to this kind of stuff.
因为我们从小看的大多数恐怖片,所有可怕的事情都发生在黑暗中。
Because most horror movies that we watch growing up, all the bad shit happens in the dark.
没错。
Exactly.
那到底是什么?
What is it?
比如《招魂》里说的‘恶魔时刻’?
Like, the devil's hour from, like, The Conjuring or something?
现在是凌晨两点。
It's, 2AM.
然后我就想,糟了。
And I'm like, shit.
有时候我就是在这个时候醒着。
That's, when I'm awake sometimes.
是的,超自然的东西确实有点吓人。
Yeah, supernatural stuff is definitely a little scary.
对我来说,我对超自然的恐惧与我接触的超自然内容数量直接相关。
For me, I think my fear of the supernatural is directly correlated to how much supernatural content I'm consuming.
如果我有一阵子没读过恐怖鬼故事,也没看过什么恐怖电影,它就变成我恐惧清单里最靠后的了,你知道吗?
If I haven't read spooky ghost stories or watched like a horror movie or something in a while, it's like bottom of the queue of my fears, you know?
我可能更害怕的是,比如说,税务问题或者其他现实生活中的事情。
I'm probably more scared of, I don't know, taxes or other real life stuff going on.
但有时候我会连续疯狂地看一堆恐怖电影。
But there will be times where I'll, like, binge a bunch of horror movies back to back.
嗯。
Yeah.
然后我就开始有点害怕了。
And then I start to get a little bit freaked out.
好吧。
Okay.
而且你还很喜欢恐怖片。
And also you, like, love horror movies.
所以这对我来说有点说不通。
So this is, like, not adding up for me.
我觉得我喜欢这种恐惧感。
I think I enjoy the fear.
这是一种可控的恐惧。
It's like controlled fear.
你懂我的意思吗?
You know what I mean?
真的是这样吗?
Is it though?
这就像是人们喜欢坐过山车一样。
It's like it's kind of like how people like going on roller coasters.
理论上,很多人害怕从悬崖上掉下去。
The theory is a lot of people have a fear of falling off a cliff.
但如果你以一种受控的方式去做,比如被安全带固定在金属装置上,你可能会觉得对恐惧有了掌控感。
But if you do it in a controlled way where you're strapped onto, like, metal, maybe you feel like you have control over the fear.
我能理解。
I can see that.
但看完恐怖片后,可别回家后就开始胡思乱想,那样恐惧感就会放大,不再受控了。
But then, like, after a horror movie, do not, like, go home and then spiral in thought and then it becomes much bigger and no longer controlled.
我确实有那种感觉,就是看完恐怖片后,走在走廊里什么的,是啊。
I do get the feeling where, you know, like, after a horror movie, you're, like, walking down your hallway or something Yeah.
然后你稍微犹豫一下,接着就冲向床边。
And then you briefly hesitate and then you, like, sprint towards your bed.
嗯。
Yeah.
我确实能理解,但我觉得自己还挺享受那种刺激感的。
Like I do get that but I think I kind of enjoy that thrill.
什么?
What?
好吧。
Okay
我明白了。
I see.
我的意思是,我不确定。
I mean I don't know.
我觉得恐惧在某种程度上是令人享受的,这也就是为什么人们会被这些东西吸引,对吧?
I think fear is kind of, to an extent, it's enjoyable and that's why people are attracted to this stuff right?
就像一种肾上腺素飙升的感觉。
It's like a rush.
也许吧。
Maybe.
关于这类惊悚片,老实说,即使不是超自然的,也让我毛骨悚然。
Regarding these kinds of, you know, thrillers, honestly, even if it's not supernatural, freaks me out too.
因为我这种人,看完电影或剧集后,回家就会一直想,然后开始把剧情代入自己的生活。
Because I'm the type to, like, go home and really think about this movie or show that I just watched, and then I start applying it to my life.
天啊。
Like, oh my god.
如果我处在那种情境下怎么办?
What if I were in that situation?
然后我就想,天哪。
And I'm like, oh god.
如果这种事情真的发生了怎么办?
What if something like that were to happen?
下一秒,我的房间就闹鬼了。
Next thing you know, my room is haunted.
这里不安全。
It's not safe in here.
好吧。
Okay.
我其实有个例子。
I actually have an example.
这个也不是超自然的。
And this one's not supernatural.
当我上初中或高中时,我看了电影《美丽心灵》,这部电影讲的是精神分裂症。
When I was maybe I was in junior high or high school, I watched the movie A Beautiful Mind, which deals with schizophrenia.
嗯。
Yeah.
我想这可能是我第一次在媒体上真正看到精神分裂症的例子。
And I think this was, like, the first time I really saw, like, an example of schizophrenia in media.
所以它真的吓到我了。
So it really freaked me out.
那天晚上我回到床上,反复思考了很多。
I went back to bed that night and I, like, thought about it a lot.
我心想:天哪。
I was like, oh my god.
这种病真是太疯狂了。
This disease is, like, crazy.
我让这个家伙做了所有这些疯狂的事,但其实全都只发生在他脑子里。
I made this guy do all these crazy things and it was all just in his head.
我开始想:天哪。
I started thinking like, oh my god.
如果我有精神分裂症,但我自己却不知道怎么办?
What if I have schizophrenia but I just don't know?
你根本不会知道,因为对你来说这一切都是真实的。
And you wouldn't know because it's all real to you.
所以我整整三天都没法睡觉。
And so I literally couldn't sleep for like three days.
我知道,我完全能理解这种感觉。
I know, can definitely relate to that.
有些事情会触发某种特定的恐惧。
Like there are certain things that just trigger like a specific type of fear.
这根本不是什么享受。
It's not like enjoyable.
我只是会直接陷入持续好几天的崩溃状态。
It's just like I straight up spiral for multiple days.
所以这类东西我碰都不碰。
So that kind of stuff I don't touch.
我想也许这就是为什么我更喜欢害怕那些感觉没那么真实的东西。
And I think maybe that's why I enjoy being scared of things that feel a little bit less real to me.
比如,我想我以前在这个播客里提到过,‘无限死亡’这个概念让我感到极度恐惧。
For example, I think I've shared on this podcast before, the concept of infinite death is like extremely scary to me.
所以如果我思考这个超过三十秒,就会开始感到头晕,然后不得不使用一些接地技巧,比如:找出五种你能触摸的东西、四种你能说出的东西。
So if I think about that for more than like thirty seconds, I start to feel really lightheaded and then I have to do grounding techniques of like five things you can touch, four things you can say.
哦不。
Oh no.
所以那种关于深层灵性、轮回之类的内容,我真受不了。
So then content about that, content about like deep spirituality and like reincarnation and stuff like I can't do.
不过,像鬼魂啊、入室抢劫这类东西,我倒还挺喜欢看的。
However, things like ghosties and like you know home invasions, that stuff I do kind of enjoy consuming.
所以也许关键在于选择自己的战场。
So maybe it's about picking your battles.
我明白了。
I see.
你能赢得哪一场战斗?
What battle can you win?
所以你的意思是,鬼魂意味着不是无限死亡。
So you're like wow ghosts means not infinite death.
这个我能应付。
I can handle this.
是的。
Yeah.
我能应付可怕的视觉画面。
I can handle a scary visual.
但我无法接受生命的缺席,你知道吗?
I can't handle absence of life, you know?
好吧。
Okay.
老兄,但你难道从来没有闭上眼睛,那个可怕的画面突然出现,然后你心想:这可不妙。
Dude, but like don't you ever close your eyes and that scary visual comes up and then you're like, this is not good.
无论睁眼还是闭眼,我都感觉不安全。
I'm not safe with my eyes open or with my eyes closed.
没错。
No.
我的意思是,也许是因为我不一个人住。
I mean, maybe it's because I don't live alone.
我不知道。
I don't know.
鬼怪、超自然的东西,还有那些突然惊吓的电影,对我的心理影响比较小。
Ghost stuff, supernatural things, movies with jump scares, think affect me less psychologically.
嗯。
Uh-huh.
我训练过自己,就像锻炼肌肉一样。
I've trained that, you know, like a muscle.
但我如果听太多真实犯罪的内容,还是会非常害怕。
But I still do get really scared if I listen to too much true crime stuff.
因为那真的很真实。
Because that's like pretty real.
是的。
Yeah.
有时候这些事离我们很近,或者你很容易想象:哦,这个女孩当时正走在她家附近,你会想,天啊,我也住在一个社区里。
And sometimes it's like close to home or like you can easily imagine like, oh, this one girl was walking through her neighborhood and you're like, dude I live in a neighborhood.
好吧,这很合理。
Okay, that is fair.
而且关于和别人一起住的观点,你说得对,这确实能缓解一些恐惧。
And I think to your point of living with someone else, you're right, that does help a bit.
但当我和父母住在一起时,我觉得情况稍微好一点,但他们还是在不同的卧室。
But when I was living with my parents, I think it was a little better but they're still in a different bedroom.
所以在我自己的卧室里,可能发生一些孤立的事情,你知道的?
So things could happen isolated in my bedroom, you know?
邪恶的事情可能正在发生。
Evil things could be going on.
确实如此。
That's true.
但我完全同意,真实犯罪题材真的非常吓人。
But I totally agree with true crime being really scary.
我上大学时读过一本书,叫《黑暗中的我》。
There was this one book that I read, I think in college, I'll Be Gone in the Dark.
我记得,Jisoo,你上大学时也跟我说过,你有时候喜欢读真实犯罪类书籍。
And I remember, Jisoo, you also told me in college, you're like, oh, I like to read true crime books sometimes.
这本书当时有很多好评,所以我读了。
There were, like, a lot of good reviews about this book, so I read it.
然后我就跟Jisoo说,你也应该读一读。
And then I was like, Jisoo, you should read it.
这本书挺不错的。
It's pretty good.
但我记得我当时说过,我只在白天读,因为有点吓人,故事发生在加利福尼亚,而我们现在也住在加利福尼亚。
But I remember I was I said something like, but I've only been reading in the daytime because it's kinda scary because it's like in California and we live in California right now.
是啊。
Yeah.
我几乎觉得,看这种真实犯罪内容时,我更希望故事发生在另一个大洲。
I almost feel like to consume stuff like true crime, I prefer if it was like in a different continent or something.
当故事发生在美國时,感觉太贴近生活了。
Like when it's in The US, it's a little too close to home.
嗯。
Yeah.
如果故事发生在美國,但是在東海岸呢?
What if it was in The US but like on the East Coast?
我想那還可以。
I guess that's okay.
或者得是不同的環境才行。
Or it has to be like a different type of environment.
好吧。
Okay.
我現在住在郊區。
Currently I'm in the suburbs.
對。
Right.
所以如果故事發生在城市,或者非常偏遠的鄉下,我就覺得還好,有點距離感。
So then maybe if it's in a city or something or like somewhere really, really rural, I'm like, okay, this is a little bit removed.
但这么多真实犯罪事件都发生在郊区,真的很吓人。
But so many true crime events happen in the suburbs and it's pretty scary.
我的意思是,我想这说得通。
I mean, I guess it makes sense.
比如,郊区有地方放你的工具,而且
Like, suburbs, you have space for your tools and
天啊。
Oh god.
你还有车。
Like, you have cars.
你什么都有,我想。
You have everything you need, I guess.
可能监视的人更少。
There's less eyes, maybe.
哦,确实。
Oh, true.
是的。
Yeah.
而且周围还有更多的森林和自然景观。
And there's more, like, forests, pieces of nature around.
这确实是真的。
That's very true.
我不知道,某种程度上,我曾经欺骗自己,因为我会在论坛上阅读真实犯罪故事。
And I don't know, think to an extent, I used to delude myself because I would read true crime on threads.
比如我会看韩国的真实犯罪故事,或者一些简短的小故事,描述发生了什么。
So like I would read like Korean true crime or like, you know, little bite sized stories that depict what happened.
是的。
Yeah.
然后人们会对这些故事做出简明扼要的分析。
And then people would have short and sweet analysis about it.
我会读这些内容,觉得我在看这些是为了帮助自己。
And I would read that and be like, I'm reading this because it's gonna help me.
这些信息将来会派上用场。
This info will come in handy in the future.
但我认为其实并没有。
But I think it didn't really.
它只是加剧了我的恐惧感,也许让我变得更加警觉了。
Like all it did was heighten my sense of fear and maybe I became like more aware as a person.
但我觉得它真的把我吓坏了。
But I think it just like really freaked me out.
我不知道。
I don't know.
小时候有一个故事特别吓到我。
There's this one story that really freaked me out as a kid.
直到今天,我还不确定这事儿是不是真的,但故事的大意是,有个韩国学生下课后回家,时间已经很晚了。
To this day, I'm not sure if it was real or not, but the gist of the story is that there's this Korean student walking home after class and it's really late.
她感觉到一个可怕的男人紧紧跟在她身后,甚至跟着她进了公寓的电梯。
She like senses a really scary guy walking close behind her and he follows her into the elevator of her apartment.
所以她吓坏了。
So she's like hella scared.
对吧?
Right?
她想,我要试着和他聊点什么。
And she's like, I'm gonna try to make conversation with him or something.
也许没那么糟。
Maybe it's not that bad.
她试了,但完全没法闲聊。
She like attempts it but there's no small talk.
所以电梯里她想,好吧,我只想尽快回家。
So in the elevator she's like okay I'm just gonna try to get home as fast as possible.
于是她按了16楼,然后他按了15楼,她心想,谢天谢地,他至少在某层下了,说明他不是单纯想跟着我回家。
So she hits Floor 16 and then he goes and hits 15 and she's like oh thank god at least he hit a floor like he's not just trying to follow me home.
他们到了15楼,门开了,他走出去,然后转过身来,她看到他口袋里有一把刀之类的。
They get to Floor 15, the door's open, he heads out, and then he turns around and she sees a knife in his pocket or something.
然后他开始跑上楼。
And then he starts sprinting upstairs.
我觉得那时候,好像没法取消电梯的楼层选择之类的。
I think at the time, like, you couldn't unclick elevators or something.
所以她就只是在那儿等接下来的二十秒,完全吓坏了,你知道吗?
So she's just waiting that next twenty seconds just in fear, you know?
天啊。
So Oh my god.
这个故事一直让我忘不掉。
That story never left me.
直到今天,每当我坐电梯,尤其是在韩国的晚上,我总会留意别人按了哪些楼层。
And to this day, whenever I'm in an elevator, like, especially in Korea at, like, nighttime or something, I'm, like, always looking, like, where people are clicking.
你心里会想:你可别选在我下面那层。
You're like, you better not choose the floor right under me.
就是这种事。
And it's like stuff like that.
这是一个令人印象深刻的短小故事。
That's like a bite sized story that I feel like really sticks with you.
这真的挺吓人的。
That is pretty creepy.
等等。
Wait.
抱歉。
Sorry.
你看起来真蠢。
You look so stupid.
对不起。
Sorry.
我只是在想象它发生的样子。
I'm just, like, envisioning it happen.
你会怎么做?
Like, what would you do?
你根本什么都做不了。
You, like, can't do anything.
我想你只能去按那个,呃
I guess you would have to hit the, like
哦,紧急停止?
Oh, emergency stop?
对。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
然后只能祈祷最好结果了。
And just hope for the best.
好吧。
Okay.
这说得通。
That's fair.
你就被困在那里,他们等着,然后你能从电梯里打电话叫警察吗?
You're, like, stuck there, they're waiting, and then you can call the police from the elevator?
嗯。
Yeah.
嗯。
Yeah.
这样感觉好些了。
That feels better.
他就像是个普通人。
It's like it's just a normal guy.
他好像有些包裹要拆之类的。
He, like, has some packages to open or something.
嗯。
Yeah.
这些真实的恐怖故事总有一种额外的恐怖感,我觉得。
These, like, realistic scary stories always have an extra layer of scariness to them, I think.
只是因为这件事更合理。
Just because it's, like, more plausible.
但我确实觉得,也许有些故事在我们不知不觉中起到了作用。
But I I do think that maybe some stories have helped without us even realizing.
好吧。
Okay.
我觉得还有一个相当著名的恐怖故事,我敢肯定你听说过,因为我觉得它来自Reddit的No Sleep版块。
I think there's also this pretty famous creepy story, and I'm sure you've you know it because I think it's from Reddit No Sleep.
有个家伙晚上开车经过一条路,两边全是树林。
Some dude's driving along this road at night and he's like, both sides is just, like, forest.
他看到路边有个人受伤了之类的,于是停了下来。
He sees, like, a hurt person or something on the side of the road, and then he stops.
然后,突然从树林里冒出好多人。
And then, like, all these people start coming out from, like, the forest or something.
对吧?
Right?
嗯。
Yeah.
从那以后,我明白了,遇到这种情况你真的不应该下车。
And then from that, I learned, yeah, you should, like, not get out of your car in such situations.
没错。
True.
说实话,这确实是个真正的安全问题。
Honestly, that's like an actual safety concern.
嗯。
Yeah.
尤其是如果你是个女孩,而且周围黑得吓人。
Especially if you're just a girl and it's hella dark.
嗯。
Mhmm.
我想最好的做法是远离那个地方,然后拨打911之类的。
I guess it would be like, remove yourself from the situation and then call 911 or something.
但说到这个故事,真的很有趣,因为我有一个清晰的记忆,以前我常和一位亲密朋友去观星,我们当然都是晚上去,因为那时候能看到最多的星星。
But yeah, it's so funny that you bring up that story because I have this distinct memory where I used to go like stargazing with one of my close friends and we would obviously go at nighttime because that's when you can see the most stars.
而且,开车上山的过程真的特别吓人。
And the, like, drive up the mountain is hella scary.
嗯。
Mhmm.
所以我总是给她讲恐怖故事。
So then I would always tell her scary stories.
天啊。
Oh god.
我熟知的那些故事里,就包括这一个。
That I knew including that one.
据说森林里住着一个邪教组织。
There's like a cult that lives in the forest.
所以啊啊啊之类的。
So like blah blah blah.
我记得我们开车上山时一直在尖叫。
And I just remember like we were like screaming like driving up the mountain.
什么?
What?
你只是想
You're just trying to
看星星,然后你突然说:嘿,猜猜怎么着?
see some stars and you're like dude guess what?
我得说,天黑的时候,我就会忍不住想拿出我那堆吓人的故事来。
You know I have to say when it's dark I just have this urge to like open my treasure box of scary stories.
天啊。
Oh my god.
天啊。
Oh my god.
还有一个著名的故事。
There's also another famous one.
就是那个女孩开车回家,然后有一辆车一直跟着她,她有点吓坏了,但那辆车却时不时地远光灯照她,她心想:‘搞什么鬼?’
The one where the girl's driving home and then there's a car following her and she's freaking out a little bit but the car keeps like high beaming her randomly and she's like, what the fuck?
她终于到家了,那辆车一路跟着她。
She finally gets home, the car has followed her the whole way.
她正要下车,想喊:‘喂,你到底想干嘛?’
She's about to get out and be like, Yo, what the hell?
结果那个司机说:‘你后座上有个拿着刀的男人,我每次他想站起来杀你的时候,就用远光灯闪他。’
And then the dude's like, There's like a man in your backseat with like a knife and I've been high beaming every time he like gets up to kill you.
天啊,老兄。
Oh my god, dude.
这个故事真把我吓到了。
That one freaks me out.
对啊。
Yeah.
这个故事让我每次都会检查后座。
That one makes me always check my back
晚上坐在座位上。
seat at night.
等等。
Wait.
你太亮了。
You're so bright.
我也总是检查我的后座
I also always check my Which back
这可能是一个好习惯。
is probably a good habit to have.
如果有人闯进你的车里怎么办?
What if someone did break into your car?
那里有
There's a
很多与汽车相关的可怕事情。
lot of car related scary stuff.
我觉得这可能只是一个公益广告之类的,根本不是什么恐怖故事。
I think I saw this might have just been like a PSA or something, not even a scary story.
有人躲在车底下,然后砍人脚踝,这事儿有点诡异。
There's something about people hiding under, like, the bottom of someone's car and, like, slashing ankles?
等等。
Wait.
我之前真的听说过这事儿。
I freaking heard about this before.
天哪。
Dude.
所以每次我走路回家什么的,都会跑得特别快。
So then every time I, like, walk home or something, I'm always, like, hella fast.
快到根本看不到我的脚。
Like, you can't even see my feet.
等等。
Wait.
我刚才真的和一些同事聊天,我们在讨论各自有哪些 paranoid 的事情。
I was literally talking with some coworkers and we were, like, talking about what we're paranoid about.
其中一个同事提到了这件事
And one of my coworkers brought this one up
我当时就说,等等。
and I was like, wait.
好吧。
Okay.
实际上,当他们提到这件事时,是我第一次听说。
Actually, when they brought it up, it was the first time I heard about it.
既然你这次提到了,我就说,等等。
So since you brought it up this time, was like, wait.
不止一个人知道这件事?
More than one person knows of this?
那个割脚踝的?
The ankle slasher?
嗯。
Yeah.
他就在外面。
He's out there.
天哪。
Oh my god.
说到在东西下面徒步,嗯。
Speaking of trekking under stuff Yeah.
我还听过另一个可怕的故事。
There's also another scary story that I've heard.
这是一个关于一对姐妹的故事。
And it's a story about a pair of sisters.
其中一位姐妹已经在家了。
And one of the sisters was already home.
另一位姐妹回到家后,说:嘿,最近怎么样, blah blah blah。
The other sister came home and was like, hey what's up blah blah blah.
但突然间,刚回家的姐姐说:‘我们该出去一下,去便利店买点吃的吧。’
But then the sister that came home suddenly was like, we should go out like we should go out to the convenience store like let's go grab food.
而一直在家的姐姐说:‘等等,家里明明已经有食物了。’
And the other sister who has been home is like, wait, there's literally food already home.
我们就在这儿待着吧。
Like, let's just hang out here.
我不想起来。
I don't wanna get up.
嗯。
Yeah.
另一个姐姐却异常坚持。
The other sister was like, weirdly super insistent.
所以她终于说:‘好吧。’
So she was like, finally like, okay.
好吧。
Okay.
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
我们就去吧。
Like, we'll go.
然后那个姐姐硬是把她拖了出去。
And then the sister like dragged her out.
对吧?
Right?
她们刚一走出公寓,她就说:天啊,我本来只想瘫着。
The moment they, like, stepped out of the apartment, she was like, dude, I was trying to, like, rot.
你干嘛非要把我拖出来?
Like, why are you fucking dragging me out?
然后另一个姐姐说:你没看到床底下那个人吗?
And then the other sister was like, did you not see the man under the bed?
然后她们报了警,真的把那个人抓走了。
And then they, like, called the cops and actually, like, got that man arrested.
我当时就想:天啊,以后一定要把东西收好。
And I was just like, dude, always put shit.
我床底下堆了超多东西,所以我觉得我们很安全。
Like, I have hella stuff under my bed so I'm like, we're safe.
懂吗?
Know?
床底下一定要放点东西。
Like, always put shit under your bed.
天啊。
Holy.
好吧。
Okay.
幸运的是,我现在的床底下什么都没有。
Good thing my bed right now is on, like it doesn't have anything under.
根本没法放东西。
You can't put stuff under.
这太吓人了。
That's creepy.
而且在电影里,人们总是躲在床底下。
And also in movies, like, people always just hide under the bed.
你知道的,当有人闯入时,他们就会说,天啊。
You know, when they're, like, breaking in and then they're like, oh god.
无处可藏。
There's nowhere to hide.
我就躲到床底下。
I'll just hide under the bed.
我总是想,我会躲到哪儿去呢?
I'm always like, Where would I hide?
这有点难。
It's kind of hard.
我觉得其实我希望自己更灵活一点。
I feel like it's actually I wish I was more flexible or something.
因为躲藏需要很多身体上的折叠和伸展。
Because hiding requires a lot of like folding physically and, like, stretching.
但你会躲到哪儿呢?
Where would you hide though?
我不知道。
I don't know.
也许我会躲进衣橱,但躲在柜子后面。
Maybe I would hide in my closet, but behind my cabinet.
那里有个小角落。
There's, like, a little spot there.
哦,好的。
Oh, okay.
听起来不错。
That sounds pretty good.
那里可能有
There could be
很多蜘蛛,但我想当你真的特别害怕的时候,这些就不重要了。
a lot of spiders, But I guess when you're, like, really scared, that shit doesn't matter.
我不知道。
I don't know.
也许可怕两倍。
Maybe it's two times as scary.
就像那些电影里,他们躲着,突然有什么东西冒出来。
It's like in those movies when they're hiding and suddenly something, like, comes out.
嗯。
Yeah.
一只蜘蛛或者别的什么。
A spider or something.
然后你就想,操。
And then it's like, fuck.
现在我得保持安静。
Now I have to stay quiet.
蜘蛛正从天花板上掉下来。
And the spider is like dropping down from the ceiling.
天啊,该死。
Holy fuck.
我不知道。
I don't know.
但我总觉得这中间有种等级之分。
I kinda feel like there's like a hierarchy though.
好吧。
Okay.
无限的死亡和生命的缺席才是最吓人的。
Infinite death and absence of life is like peak scary.
这明显是冠军。
Like that's like a clear winner.
没错。
Yeah.
再往下是诸如入室行凶、自然灾害、被谋杀或绑架、外星人绑架之类的事情。
And then under it, it's stuff like home invasions, natural disasters, getting murdered and kidnapped, alien abductions.
这些都混在一起了。
Like that's all in like one lump.
是的。
Yeah.
再往下就是鬼魂了。
And then below that, it's like ghosts.
所以我小时候真的特别怕鬼,嗯。
So I actually grew up being really scared of ghosts Mhmm.
直到我意识到其他那些东西有多可怕。
Until I realized how scary all that other stuff was.
哦,是啊。
Oh, yeah.
现在鬼魂对我来说就是简单模式了。
And now ghosts are like easy mode to me.
我明白了。
I see.
是的。
Yeah.
入室抢劫,挺吓人的。
Home invasion, pretty scary.
你提到自然灾害。
You mentioned natural disasters.
洛基,这也是我非常害怕的。
Loki, that's also a big fear of mine.
地震真的让我特别紧张。
Earthquakes just, like, freak me out.
因为我在想,我们能怎么办?
Because I'm like, what are we gonna do?
是的。
Yeah.
对吧?
Right?
我们就完蛋了。
Like, we're we're screwed.
我知道。
I know.
我觉得最近这种感觉更真实了。
And I feel like it feels more real recently.
我不知道这是不是只是确认偏误或者近因偏误之类的,但我感觉最近地震特别多。
I don't know if it's just confirmation bias or, like, recency bias or whatever, but I feel like there's been a lot of earthquakes.
如果你在加州长大,你知道,每年他们都会说,大地震迟早会在我们有生之年发生。
And if you grew up in California, you know, like, every year they're like, the big one is gonna happen sometime in our lifetime.
所以我觉得我们从小就被灌输了这种对地震的可怕恐惧。
So I feel like we're just instilled with that, like, crazy fear of earthquakes.
那会发生什么呢?
And, like, what would happen?
据说有一天加州会经历一场如此强烈的地震,以至于它会彻底断裂。
The theory is that California someday will earthquake so hard that it, like, breaks off.
然后呢?
Then, like, what?
这意味着我们还得应对洪水吗?
That means we're gonna have to deal with floods too?
这会变成一次同时发生的两种自然灾害。
It'll be two natural disasters in one.
等等。
Wait.
你什么意思
What do you
断开?
mean break off?
比如,
Like,
它会从北美这块大陆上断裂开来。
it'll break off from this chunk of North America.
等等。
Wait.
这对我来说简直是新闻。
This is, like, news to me.
天哪。
Oh my god.
哦,该死。
Oh, shit.
抱歉。
My bad.
这不在我的地震传说范围内。
This was not part of my earthquake lore.
好吧。
Okay.
等等。
Wait.
也许我们应该核实一下我的说法。
Maybe we should fact check me.
但我感觉这似乎是某种理论之类的。
But I feel like that's, like, one of the theories or something.
加州并不和北美位于同一个板块上,我觉得?
California is not on the same tectonic plate as North America, I think?
什么鬼?
What the hell?
所以最终加州会分离出去吗?
So then eventually California would break off?
我敢肯定就是这样。
Pretty sure that's the case.
或者至少是西海岸的一部分。
Or at least, like, the West Coast, a portion of the West Coast.
抱歉又让你多了一重恐惧。
Sorry to instill a new fear.
我们会像第二个夏威夷。
We'll be like the second Hawaii.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
关于地震,你其实察觉不到。
The thing about earthquakes is you kind of don't see it.
你根本不知道它什么时候会发生,直到大概三十秒前,或者类似的时间,这已经是最好的预警了。
You don't know it's gonna happen until like, what do they say, like thirty seconds before or something that's like as good as it gets.
嗯。
Mhmm.
嗯。
Mhmm.
所以这是一种潜藏的恐惧。
So it's like a dormant fear.
如果我不去想它,我就没那么害怕了。
Like if I don't think about it for a while, I'm not that scared of it.
然而,像海啸这样的事情。
However, stuff like tsunamis.
天哪。
Oh my god.
我想海啸和地震是相伴而生的,但海啸在全球各地都会发生。
I guess it's kind of hand in hand with earthquakes, but tsunamis happen all over the globe.
当我看到海啸的实拍视频时,我吓得要命。
And when I see videos of live action tsunami footage, I get so scared.
老兄,海啸也让我毛骨悚然。
Dude, tsunamis freak me out too.
是啊。
Yeah.
而且因为在电影里,海啸被描绘成巨大的海浪即将拍向大地。
Also because in movies, they make tsunamis look like these giant waves about to crash onto the earth.
但事实上,海啸就像一大团水朝你涌来。
But, like, in real life, a tsunami is just like this big lump of water coming to you.
没错。
True.
它几乎看起来毫不起眼。
It's like unassuming almost.
所以有时候在海边会让我有点害怕。
And that's why sometimes being at the beach like freaks me out a little bit.
嗯。
Mhmm.
因为我根本不太了解海洋是怎么运作的。
Because I'm just like straight up not very educated on how the ocean works.
比如退潮、涨潮这些事。
So like the low tide, high tide stuff.
哦,对。
Oh, yeah.
比如,当你看一些关于海啸的YouTube视频时,评论区总会有人说:天啊。
Like sometimes when you're watching a YouTube video about a tsunami, the comments are like, oh my god.
怎么没人注意到退潮了之类的。
How did no one notice the low tide and like blah blah blah.
而我会想,老兄,如果我在现场,我也不会知道。
And I'm like, dude, if I were there, I would also not know.
这让我感到害怕。
And like that scares me.
等等。
Wait.
所以你空闲时间就是看海啸视频吗?
So you just watch videos of tsunamis in your free time?
好吧。
Okay.
也不是一直这样,但你知道,有时候会陷入那种信息漩涡,平时我根本不会看,但偶尔会连续看上两个小时。
It's not a constant thing, but, you know, it's one of those rabbit hole days where I'm usually not watching it and then sometimes I'm watching it for, like, two hours short.
好吧。
Okay.
你就像说,我得做好准备。
You're like, I need to be prepared.
我得认出那些征兆。
I need to recognize the signs.
嗯。
Yeah.
嗯。
Yeah.
这就是重点。
And that's the thing.
我不知道。
I don't know.
现在互联网让这一切变得如此容易接触到。
The Internet makes it so accessible now.
在Reddit上,有一个叫r/catastrophicfailure的子版块,或者类似的名字。
On Reddit, there's a subreddit called r/catastrophicfailure or something like that.
嗯。
Mhmm.
它基本上是把人们曾经有过的各种恐惧,浓缩成一段段短视频。
And it's basically a compilation of any fear anyone has ever had in like bite sized YouTube videos.
我有时候会花好几个小时看这些视频,把自己吓个半死。
And I just sometimes I spend like hours on that getting really scared.
所以这不是关于解决方案的。
So it's not like solutions.
就是一些吓人的视频。
It's just like these are scary videos.
对。
Yeah.
有时候在评论里,会有人比我懂更多,解释为什么会发生这种情况,或者如何预防之类的。
Sometimes in the comments there will be like, I don't know, someone who knows more than I do will explain why this happens, like ways to prevent it, whatever.
这一切都触手可及,真有点吓人。
It's kinda scary that all of this is just at our fingertips.
俗话说,无知是福。
Ignorance is bliss as they say.
好吧。
Okay.
但我有个问题。
But actually, I have a question.
你有没有克服过什么恐惧?
Has there been a fear that you've gotten over?
天啊。
Oh my god.
其实,有。
Actually, yes.
我之前提到过外星人绑架。
I mentioned alien abductions earlier.
对。
Right.
那种恐惧,我完全可以归咎于这个。
That fear, I can completely blame on this.
你知道那个频道吗,比如科幻频道之类的?
You know that one channel, like the sci fi channel or something?
像《X档案》那样的?
Like X Files or something?
哦,对,就是那种播放大量外星人内容的频道。
Oh yeah, like one of the channels with all the like extraterrestrial stuff.
也许还是历史频道,他们曾有一档专门讲外星人绑架的节目。
Maybe it was also the history channel where they would have this one show dedicated to alien abductions.
我觉得我小时候偶尔会看那个。
I think I used to like watch that from time to time when I was young.
所以我小时候
So I grew up
带着一种对外星人绑架的强烈恐惧。
with like this really intense fear of alien abductions.
而且说实话,只是对外星人本身的恐惧。
And I guess honestly just a fear of aliens in general.
嗯。
Yeah.
随着我长大,我正在慢慢摆脱这种恐惧。
As I've grown up, I'm like slowly losing that fear.
很多时候,当NASA说,哦,科学家在距离地球120光年的某颗行星上发现了生命迹象时。
And honestly, a lot of it is, you know when NASA is like, oh, scientists find signs of life on whatever planet 120 light years away.
就会有这类文章出现。
Articles like that will come out.
而直到今天,我每次都会点进去看,天啊,有外星人吗?
And then I'll always click it to this day, like, my god, is there an alien?
但结果总是说,在这颗行星上发现了水的痕迹,可能暗示着生命的存在。
And it's always like traces of water found on this planet point to potential signs of life.
我觉得,好吧,我们大概会安全的。
And I'm like, okay, we'll probably be safe.
哦,对了,最近真有一篇文章说,科学家发现了潜在的生命迹象
Oh yeah, there was actually an article recently that was like, Scientists find potential signs of life
在某个星球上。
on some planet.
嗯。
Yeah.
那你觉得关于外星人的这种理论怎么样?不是我们被外星人捕获或征服,而是我们可能是宇宙中最先进的外星生命?
Okay, what do you think of the theory related to aliens that instead of us being, like, the world that would get captured or, like, overtaken by aliens, what if we are the most advanced aliens in the universe?
天啊。
Dude.
要是我们才是别人眼中的外星人呢?
Like, what if we're the other people's aliens?
你明白我的意思吗?
Do you know what I mean?
嗯。
Yeah.
嗯。
Yeah.
我认为,这对我们的地球和人类来说会是最方便的事情。
That would be the most convenient thing, I think, for, like, our Earth and our humanity.
但仅仅从统计学角度来看,如果宇宙是无限膨胀的,我就不明白这怎么可能。
But just statistically, if the world is, like, infinitely expanding, I'm like, how is that possible?
你明白我的意思吗?
You know what I mean?
因为我觉得我们人类也算是比较新的。
Because we're also like new ish, I think.
所有事物都已经存在了数十亿年。
Everything has been existing for like billions of years.
而人类相对来说是新出现的。
And then humans are kind of like relatively new.
嗯。
Mhmm.
我只是觉得,这不可能。
I'm just like, there's there's no way.
但确实花了那么长时间,我们才进化成现在这样。
But it just it took that much time for us to like evolve into us.
这没错,但我也不确定。
That's true but I don't know.
我不想陷入阴谋论。
I don't want to go full conspiracy.
有时候我低调地像个彻头彻尾的阴谋论者。
Sometimes I'm like low key a full on conspiracy theorist.
但我不确定这是否是我们第一次达到这样的科技水平。
But I don't know if this is our first time reaching these technological advancements.
比如互联网之类的东西,也许这确实是第一次被发明出来。
As in like internet and stuff, maybe that is the first time it's been invented.
但我觉得,数学方面的成就我们过去可能已经达到了,这是我的观点。
But mathematical stuff, I feel like we've reached it in the past is my theory.
你知道,一旦亚历山大图书馆之类的被毁,也许所有这些知识也随之消失了。
And you know once the library of Alexandria or whatever got like destroyed, maybe all of that knowledge got destroyed with it.
嗯。
Yeah.
所以我不确定。
So I don't know.
有太多未知因素,让我无法断定我们就是目前最先进的一切。
There's just too many unknown factors for me to conclusively be like we're the most advanced thing out there.
戴上铝箔帽。
Puts on tinfoil.
实际上这太搞笑了,因为我最近刚参加完下班后的聚餐。
Actually this is so funny because I was just out of work happy hour recently.
我们真的花了两个小时讨论阴谋论,其中大家热议的一个话题是关于猛犸象的重建问题。
We literally spent two hours talking about conspiracy theories and one of the crowd favorites that came up was that something about the woolly mammoth and how it's getting reconstructed.
哦。
Oh.
那可能根本算不上什么理论。
That might not even be a theory.
另一个最受欢迎的说法是关于金字塔的。
And then the other top favorite was something about the pyramids.
你知道我们看到的金字塔顶部吗?
Like, you know how we see the top of the pyramid?
嗯。
Uh-huh.
有很多迹象表明,金字塔的实际长度可能是我们现在看到的五倍,所有东西都埋在沙子下面。
There's like all these signs that point to the pyramids being like five times as long and everything's just buried under sand.
哇哦。
Woah.
是啊。
Yeah.
我们就缩在角落里聊这些东西。
We're just huddled in a corner talking about this stuff.
这些真是挺有趣的阴谋论。
Those are some pretty fun conspiracy theories.
对吧?
Right?
我想在某种程度上是吧。
I guess to an extent.
你觉得阴谋论和巨大的恐惧是相伴而生的吗?
Do you think conspiracy theories go hand in hand with big fears?
这是否是社会应对未知的一种方式?
Is this the way that society tries to cope with the unknown?
哦。
Oh.
嗯。
Yeah.
比如,这可能是人们解释那些不理解的事物的一种方式。
Like, maybe it's a way to explain things that people don't understand.
我知道一个我团队里有人很热衷的阴谋论,就是鸟其实不存在。
I know one conspiracy theory that, like, someone in my team is excited about is that, like, birds aren't real.
它们都只是某种科技设备,用来监视,也许这些解释能让人对恐惧感觉不那么怪异,或者没那么强烈。
They're all just, like, pieces of technology that are So, spying on like, maybe having these explanations helps people feel less weird about their fear or, like, feel less intense about their fear.
他们会说,哦,有个有趣的阴谋论。
They're like, oh, there's this funny conspiracy theory.
我们可以一起笑一笑。
We can all laugh about it.
嗯。
Mhmm.
实际上,这是个很好的观点。
Actually, that's a good point.
我觉得巨大的恐惧有时会让人觉得自己疯了。
I think having a big fear could make you feel so crazy sometimes.
我想最简单的说法是,总有人比这更疯狂,所以有时候想想‘这听起来有点离谱’,反而让人踏实一些。
I guess the easiest way to put it is like there's always crazier out there so then sometimes it's like grounding to be like well this seems a little bit far fetched.
那最坏的情况会是什么呢?
So what's the worst it could be?
知道吗?
Know?
嗯。
Yeah.
但回到克服恐惧这件事上,我最近注意到自己对某种恐惧没那么敏感了。
But back to, like, getting over some of your fears, there actually is a fear that I recently have noticed that I'm less affected by.
飞机颠簸。
Airplane turbulence.
哦。
Oh.
因为我觉得飞机颠簸很容易让人瞬间陷入‘天啊,我们要死了’的恐慌。
Because I feel like airplane turbulence can quickly spiral into basically, like, oh god, we're gonna die.
对吧?
Right?
嗯。
Mhmm.
我以前非常非常害怕飞机颠簸。
So I used to be really, really afraid of airplane turbulence.
但后来我了解了它,这确实帮助了我。
But then I learned about it, and that has actually helped me.
比如,你可以把飞机颠簸想象成飞机在一个果冻杯里。
So, like, airplane turbulence, the analogy that you can think of is an airplane is in, like, a cup of jello.
当颠簸发生时,果冻在晃动,但飞机本身并不会下坠。
And when turbulence happens, it's shaking, but the airplane doesn't dip.
它只是因为那里的空气变得粗糙或不稳定而晃动。
It's just like shaking because the air there is like rough or like whatever.
我们只是在晃动。
We're just shaking.
老兄,我也读过这个,这同样帮我克服了那种恐惧。
Dude, I also read that and that also helped me get over that fear too.
然后我看到另一点是,有时候湍流只是晃动,但其他时候却感觉像是突然下坠或大幅度移动,对吧?
And then the other thing that I saw was sometimes the turbulence is like shaking but other times it can feel like a big drop or something or like a big movement, right?
对。
Right.
我记得有条评论说,这些现象叫作气洞,本质上就像开车压到坑洼一样,只不过发生在空中。
And I remember that comment was like, yeah, those things are called air pockets and it's basically the in air version of hitting a pothole.
哦。
Oh.
我当时心想,哇。
And I was like, woah.
所以这确实帮助我现在没那么害怕了,这还挺讽刺的,毕竟最近发生了这么多飞机相关的事情,是吧。
So then it does help me not feel as scared now which is kind of ironic considering all of the like airplane stuff that's been happening Yeah.
现在我不再害怕湍流了。
Now I'm not scared of turbulence.
我害怕其他飞机相关的事情。
I'm scared of other airplane shit.
是啊。
Yeah.
我害怕波音飞机。
I'm scared of like Boeing aircraft.
但没错,这真是个不错的观点。
But yeah, that's a good one.
是不是很有趣,有时候仅仅一个Reddit评论就能帮我们克服那些持续了二十多年的恐惧。
Isn't it funny that sometimes it just takes one like Reddit comment or something to like help us get over these fears we've had for twenty plus years.
天啊。
Oh my god.
是啊。
Yeah.
我觉得没有什么能消除我对黑暗的恐惧。
I think nothing will get rid of my fear of the dark.
我们某种程度上讨论过,有时候这些恐惧几乎是一种保护机制。
We kind of talked about how sometimes having these fears is almost a protective mechanism.
所以你觉得你对黑暗的恐惧是否与我们的生物学、基因或类似的东西有关?
So do you feel like your fear of the dark is maybe connected to our biology or like your DNA or something?
老兄,我
Dude, I
不知道。
don't know.
对于怕黑这一点,我不太确定,因为我感觉自己是个夜猫子。
For the dark one, I'm not super sure because I feel like I'm also a night owl.
如果我是夜猫子,那也许我以前是负责夜间守卫的那个人。
And if I'm a night owl, then maybe I was, like, the person who was the night watch or something.
就像在洞穴时代那样。
Like, back in the cave in times.
是啊。
Yeah.
我当时想,你们先去睡吧,我来守接下来几个小时。
I was like, yeah, you guys go ahead and go to sleep.
我负责接下来几个小时。
I got the next couple hours.
但接着我想,那我为什么还会害怕黑暗呢?
But then I'm like, then why would I be scared of the dark?
我不应该在黑暗中如鱼得水吗?
Shouldn't I be thriving in the dark?
哦,也许是因为你以前当过夜班守卫,所以对黑暗里的东西更敏感。
Oh, maybe it's like you're more sensitive to stuff that's in the dark because you used to be night watch.
说实话,也许吧。
Honestly, maybe.
这个理论不错。
That's a good theory.
但我认为我确实有一个恐惧,经常觉得它可能和某种生物性的自我保护机制有关。
But I think I do have one fear that I often think is probably linked to like some sort of biological, like, self protection mechanism.
我非常害怕高处。
I'm very scared of heights.
我真的会有生理反应。
Like, I actually have a physical reaction.
你记得你说过,如果你过多地思考无限的死亡,会让人有点发抖吗?
You know how you said if you think too much about infinite death, it makes you kind of, like, shaky.
嗯。
Yeah.
当我站得特别高,往下看的时候,我的手会突然没力气。
When I'm, like, really high up and I look down, I I kinda, like, lose strength in my hands.
天哪。
I'm like, oh god.
我得赶紧往后退。
I need to, like, back away.
哦。
Oh.
你得站多高才会害怕?
How high do you have to be?
比如,你知道的,去日本的时候,你可以登上东京塔,俯瞰整个东京。
Like, you know, when you go to Japan, you can go up, like, Tokyo Tower and see, like, all of Tokyo.
嗯。
Mhmm.
这种高度会吓到你吗?还是得更高才行?
Does that kind of height scare you, or does it have to be even higher?
老兄,那已经够吓人的了。
Dude, that's, like, enough.
几层楼高就挺不错的了。
Couple stories, it's it's pretty good.
是啊。
Yeah.
最大的触发点就是往下看。
The big trigger is, like, looking down.
如果我只是向前看,大部分情况下还行。
If I just look out forward, for the most part, it's okay.
但一旦我往下看,不知为什么我总是忍不住想往下看,就会吓到我。
But the moment I, like, look down and for some reason I'm always tempted to look down, it, like, freaks me out.
嗯。
Yeah.
我懂这种感觉。
I feel that.
我觉得这一定是生理性的,因为这么多人都有这种恐惧。
I think that one does have to be biological because so many people have it.
而且这完全是自我保护,因为你知道,如果掉下去,下场肯定不会好。
And it's, like, very self preservation because, like, you know you'll probably not end up too well at the bottom.
嗯。
Yeah.
几年前我看过一部叫《徒手攀岩》的纪录片。
I watched like a documentary called Free Solo a couple years ago.
哦,是的。
Oh, yeah.
它讲的是一个男人攀爬山壁,他不靠绳索固定在山壁上。
And it's about some guy who scales like the sides of mountains and he does it without being like hung on to the side of the mountain.
所以装备非常少。
So it's like minimal equipment.
嗯。
Mhmm.
这意味着基本上有极大的坠落身亡风险。
Which means like maximum risk of falling to your death basically.
是的。
Yeah.
整个过程中我的手心都是汗。
And the whole time my hands are just sweaty.
天哪。
Dude.
我当时想,这是一种进化反应。
I was like this is an evolutionary response.
当人们不害怕高度时,我就觉得这怎么可能呢?
When people are not scared of heights, I'm like how is that possible?
是啊。
Yeah.
这简直感觉他们根本就不怕死。
That almost feels like they're just not scared of death.
哦,他们的祖先一定是那些爬到很高地方去找食物和水源的人。
Oh, their ancestors must have been the ones going up really high to, like, look for where the food and water was.
对吧?
Right?
哇哦。
Woah.
我喜欢这个理论。
I like that theory.
为了侦察兵。
For the scouts.
嗯。
Yeah.
等等。
Wait.
你害怕高处吗?
Are you scared of heights?
我怕。
I am.
我觉得我更害怕坠落。
I think I'm more scared of falling.
高处这一点还能勉强忍受。
The heights aspect is a little bit more bearable.
嗯。
Mhmm.
但我害怕坠落,也害怕速度太快。
But I'm scared of falling and I'm scared of going really fast.
比如滑雪,如果我爬得太高,我就做不到。
Skiing, for example, if I go really high up, I like can't do it.
我会开始喘不过气,有点头晕,过山车也是这样。
Like I start breathing really fast and getting like a little bit lightheaded and roller coasters as well.
哦,是啊。
Oh, yeah.
我也很怕过山车。
I'm pretty bad with roller coasters too.
我记得你之前提到过,你说过山车是可控的恐惧。
I remember you mentioned earlier, you're like, oh, roller coasters is like controlled fear.
对吧?
Right?
我当时就想,老兄,这对我来说可不是。
I was like, dude, not for me.
我不会去坐过山车。
I ain't riding a roller coaster.
嗯。
Yeah.
对别人来说。
For others.
但谁知道呢?
But who knows?
你生活中有没有过经常坐过山车的时候?
Was there a time in your life where you were riding roller coasters a lot?
因为有时候我觉得,暴露疗法确实有助于缓解这种生理反应。
Because sometimes I feel like exposure does help even with physical responses like this.
其实没有,但我能坐过山车,只是需要一点时间适应。
Not really, but I can ride roller coasters, but it takes me some time.
所以我得先从儿童过山车开始热身,然后才能坐中等刺激程度的过山车。
So, like, I have to warm up on, like, a kid roller coaster, and then I can ride, like, a medium level roller coaster.
然后我就能坐那种稍微大一点的了。
And then I can ride, like, something a little bigger.
嗯。
Yeah.
所以,你知道,如果我们一整天都在主题公园,想让我坐大过山车,我得花半天时间热身。
So, you know, if we were at the theme park for a day, like, it'll take me half a day to get up to like, if you wanna ride a big roller coaster with me, I need a warm up.
这简直像一套完整的课程。
It's like a whole curriculum.
嗯。
Yeah.
我觉得我差不多。
I think I'm similar.
大部分情况下,如果不用坐,我就不坐。
For the most part, if I don't have to ride it, I won't ride it.
这正是我最喜欢的。
And that's like my preferred.
嗯。
Yeah.
我觉得在高中时,如果别人都在做,你就不能是唯一一个不参与的人。
I think especially in high school, if everyone's doing it, you can't be the only one sitting out.
所以在那些勇敢的日子里,被周围人施压时,我会去坐什么‘垂直坠落’之类的项目。
So then I would, on those brave days, being surrounded by people that were pressuring me, would be on like drop zone and shit.
天啊。
Oh my god.
我不知道我是怎么做到的。
I don't know how I did it.
这叫同伴压力。
That's called peer pressure.
而且
And
这才是最可怕的事情。
that's the scariest thing of all.
好的。
Okay.
不过我有个有趣的故事。
Do have a funny story, though.
我不记得有没有在播客里讲过。
I don't remember if I ever shared it on the podcast.
但有一次,学校搞了个主题公园日,可能是因为毕业年之类的。
But one time, it was, like, a theme park day at school because maybe it was like a graduation year or something.
然后,我的一个朋友说:天啊,我真想坐这个过山车。
And then, one of my friends was like, Oh my god, I really wanna ride this roller coaster.
我说:老兄,我太害怕了。
And I was like, Dude, I'm too scared.
我不想去坐。
I don't- I don't wanna ride it.
她却说:求你了,一定会很好玩的。
And she was like, Please, it'll be so fun.
我被怂恿着和她一起坐了。
I was peer pressured into riding it with her.
因为最后我心想:算了。
Because eventually I was like, damn.
我不希望她因为我不敢坐而错过这次体验。
I don't want her to, like, miss out on this just because I was like, no.
我太害怕了。
I'm too scared.
于是我们坐了上去,我吓得魂飞魄散。
So then we wrote it and I was scared shitless.
当我们下来时,她说道:天啊。
And then when we got off, she was like, damn.
你真的吓坏了。
You really were scared.
抱歉啦。
My bad.
我以为我们只是在玩而已。
Like, I thought we were just playing.
等等。
Wait.
你是会尖叫,还是只是缩成一团?
Do you, like, scream or do you just wither away?
为什么要缩成一团?
Why wither away?
我整个人都缩起来了,死死地抓着,生怕掉下去。
I, like, become small and I'm, like, gripping with, like for dear life.
天啊。
And I'm, oh god.
该死。
Fuck.
我讨厌过山车那种感觉,好像在空中窒息一样。
I hate the feeling on a roller coaster where you feel like you're choking on air.
哦。
Oh.
你知道我说的是什么吧?
You know what I'm talking about?
所以有时候我真的会蜷缩成一个防御性的球状。
So sometimes I literally have to, like, curl up in a defensive ball.
嗯。
Yeah.
嗯。
Yeah.
我会闭上眼睛
I'll close my eyes
嗯。
Mhmm.
因为这会有帮助
Because that helps a
过山车真的很吓人。
Rollercoasters be scary.
说实话,过山车是我最大的恐惧。
Honestly, rollercoaster, big fear.
等等。
Wait.
你知道吗,还有一种还行的恐惧。
You know what's also like a okay.
有一种中等程度的恐惧,但我特别害怕鬼屋和鬼迷宫。
There's like a medium fear, but I'm really scared of like haunted houses and like haunted mazes.
也许用迷宫来形容更准确,但你知道万圣节的时候,花十块钱就能进去,里面有很多演员故意吓你。
Maybe a maze is like a better way to describe it, but you know how on Halloween you can like pay $10 and like go through the thing and there's like actors trying to scare you.
对。
Yeah.
不知道为什么,这种东西对我来说太吓人了。
Like that shit is so scary to me for some reason.
即使我知道这些都是假的。
Even though I know it's all fake.
老兄,是因为他们突然惊吓,总能吓到你。
Dude, it's because they jump scare and it always gets you.
没错。
True.
但我喜欢电影里的突然惊吓。
But I like jump scares in movies.
所以我不明白为什么。
So I don't know why.
也许只是面对面的时候,我特别害怕。
Like maybe just in person I'm like super scared.
因为这次突然惊吓是发生在你身上,而不是别人身上。
Because this time the jump scare is happening to you, not another person.
我就是个在键盘上逞英雄的恐怖片爱好者。
I'm like a keyboard warrior version of horror stuff.
等等。
Wait.
我想被移除。
I wanna be removed.
嗯。
Yeah.
你就像是,我只能以第三人称观看这种惊吓场面。
You're like, I could only watch this jump scare in third person.
现实中不可能发生。
Cannot be happening IRL.
嗯。
Yeah.
这些东西真吓人,老兄。
That stuff is scary, man.
好吧。
Okay.
换个角度想想。
Like, think about it this way.
如果这是一个鬼屋,但你有一个选项可以乘坐一种稍微离地的马车,看着人们穿过鬼屋并经历惊吓场面,会怎么样?
What if it was a haunted house, but there's actually an option to ride this, like, carriage that's a little off the ground and you're watching people go through the haunted house and experience jump scares.
这样的话,对你来说会更好。
Like, that would be good for you.
对吧?
Right?
嗯。
Yeah.
或者即使它是一个游乐设施。
Or even if it was, like, a ride.
也许我害怕的是走路。
Maybe it's like the maybe I'm scared of walking.
等等。
Wait.
什么?
What?
走路是很大的恐惧吗?
Is walking a big fear?
是的。
Yeah.
我觉得如果我坐着,应该没问题。
I was like, feel like if I was sitting, it would be okay.
走路,很害怕。
Walking, big fear.
也许是因为你站着或走路时突然受到惊吓,有时候会瘫软下来,你知道吗?
Maybe because if you're standing or walking and you jump scare, you sometimes crumble, you know?
对。
True.
我觉得我有时候会被吓到腿软。
I think I sometimes crumble at jump scares.
等等,我们总是在逐渐衰亡。
Wait, we're just always withering away.
是的。
Yeah.
我不尖叫。
I don't scream.
在任何情况下,我都会慢慢衰竭。
I just wither away in any in any situation.
你知道吗,人们说你会有战斗或逃跑的反应。
You know, they say that you have a fight or flight reaction.
嗯。
Mhmm.
我觉得尖叫就像是战斗。
I I would think screaming is like fight.
对吧?
Right?
哦,就像它能把他们吓退一样?
Oh, like it scares them back kind of?
对。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
但也许我们更像是逃避。
But maybe we are like flight.
等等,如果我们正在崩塌,腿在下面发软,那既不是战斗也不是逃避。
Wait, but if we're crumbling, if our legs are locking under us, it's like neither.
只是接受我们的命运。
It's just like accept our fate.
我们就像在死去。
We're we're like dying.
我们已经放弃了。
We're over it.
该死。
Fuck.
我认为对它的修正版是战斗、逃跑或僵住。
I think the the like amendment to it was like fight, flight, or freeze.
哦,该死。
Oh fuck.
我觉得我们绝对是僵住了。
We're definitely freeze I think.
天啊。
Oh god.
如果一辆车朝你冲过来,你觉得你有能力跑掉吗?
If, like, a car came at you, do you think you would have the ability to run away?
还是会因为震惊而僵在原地?
Or would you kind of freeze in shock?
该死。
Damn.
我希望能跑开,但我觉得自己真的会像被车灯照到的鹿一样僵住。
I'd like to think I would run away, but I feel like I would legit be like deer in headlights.
嗯,我不确定。
Well, I don't know.
你觉得你会躲开,还是会站在原地?
Do you think you would run out of the way, or would you just stand there?
我会试着躲开,但可能也需要几秒钟才能反应过来发生了什么。
I would try to, but I might also be like, takes a second to, like, register what's happening.
但我认为奇怪的是,如果我正在开车,我觉得自己能做出反应。
But I think the odd part is, like, if I were in a car driving, I think I would be able to react.
因为也许你只需要做出一个小动作。
Because maybe it's, like, a smaller movement that you have to make.
哦,因为你只需要动一下脚趾。
Oh, because you just have to tip your toe.
对。
Yeah.
就像,你要么轻点踩一下脚尖,要么稍微转一下方向盘。
Like, you either tip your toe or, like, move the steering wheel a bit.
但如果是全身运动,比如冲刺,可能需要花点时间反应。
But if it's like, you know, full body, like sprinting that might take a second.
所以基本上,我们只需要坐着就行。
So basically we we just need to be seated.
别相信我们站在地上的时候。
Don't trust us when we're on our feet.
这就像那些生存电影吗?
This is like, you know those survival movies?
主角身处危险境地,他们能活下来吗?
Someone in a precarious situation and will they be able to make it out alive?
对,就是这样。
Like Yeah.
我总是看这类电影。
I always watch those movies.
更具体地说,我总是看那些电影的剪辑版,比如在TikTok上作为电影速览之类的。
Well, more specific, I always watch clipped version of those movies on, like, TikTok as, a movie recap or something.
嗯。
Yeah.
我总是觉得,我不可能做到这个人所做的事情。
And I'm always just like, I don't think I could do what this person is doing.
我觉得我没有那种坚韧、批判性思维能力,老实说,也没有那种在那种情况下求生的意志。
I don't think I would have the grit and like the critical thinking abilities and honestly just like the will to live to get out of situations like that.
等等,没有求生欲太疯狂了。
Wait, not having the will to live is crazy.
我觉得你会的。
I think you would.
我觉得你会挺过来的,因为想想看,你这辈子最大的恐惧就是永恒的死亡。
I think you would come through because if you think about it, your biggest all time fear is infinite death.
没错。
True.
你说得太对了。
You're so right.
所以总有一天,你会找到动力的。
So at some point, you'll be able to find the motivation.
也许多花五分钟,但你最终会做到的。
It might take five minutes longer, but you'll get there.
我得先哭好几次,才能鼓起勇气去做这件事。
I'll need to have, like, multiple cries before I could bring myself to do it.
每次在TikTok上看到这个电影解说,我都会看,从不跳过。
There's a movie recap that I never skip on TikTok every time I get it.
我会坐下来,再完整地看一遍。
Like, I'll sit and watch the whole thing again.
有两个女孩被困在那种特别高的电线杆顶上,你知道的?
Two girls that get stuck on top of, like, you know those really tall telephone poles?
你看过这个吗?
Have you seen this one?
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。