本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
欢迎收听英语作为第二语言播客第一期。
Welcome to English as a second language podcast number one.
欢迎收听我们的第一期英语作为第二语言播客。
Welcome to our first English as a second language podcast.
在本播客中,我们将向您介绍我们播客的格式以及录制人员。
In this podcast, we are going to introduce you to the format of our podcast as well as the people who record it.
ESLPodcast 专为中高级英语学习者设计,帮助您提升听力和口语能力。
ESLPodcast is designed especially for people who are intermediate or advanced speakers of English but want to improve their listening and speaking skills.
我们计划每周一至周五每天更新一期新播客。
We plan on providing a new podcast every day, Monday through Friday.
每日播客完全免费。
The daily podcasts are always free.
我们的播客将涵盖多种不同主题。
There will be many different topics for our podcast.
我们会尽量讨论您感兴趣的话题。
We will try to talk about topics that you will find interesting.
我们所有的播客都使用真实的英语,即美国母语者日常生活中使用的自然英语。
All of our podcasts use real English, the normal everyday English you will find among native speakers in The United States.
ESLPodcast 不是教科书或课程。
ESLPodcast not a textbook or a course.
它是一种让你聆听母语者日常用英语交谈的方式。
It is a way to listen to real native speakers talking as they do every day in English.
ESLPodcast 努力为你提供你能理解的英语。
ESLPodcast tries to provide you with English you can understand.
我们说话的速度稍慢一些,但始终使用标准的母语者英语,帮助你提高。
We speak at a slightly slower rate, but always use normal native speaker English to help you improve.
每个播客分为两个部分。
There are two parts to every podcast.
在简短的介绍之后,会有一段关于当天主题的讨论或对话。
After a brief introduction, there is a discussion or dialogue on the topic of the day.
这段对话通常持续三到六分钟。
That usually lasts three to six minutes.
在第二部分中,我们会解释第一部分中使用的词汇和表达。
In part two, there is an explanation of the vocabulary and expressions used during part one.
我们会说明某些词语和短语如何被母语者使用,包括正式和非正式的表达方式。
We explain how certain words and phrases are used by native speakers, including both formal and informal expressions.
ESLPodcast 目前由一支志愿者团队制作。
ESLPodcast is currently produced by a team of volunteers.
它是位于加利福尼亚州洛杉矶的教育发展中心的制作项目。
It is a production of the Center for Educational Development located in Los Angeles, California.
我的名字是杰夫·麦克利兰博士,我是 ESLPodcast 的主持人。
My name is doctor Jeff McQuillan, and I'm the host of ESLPodcast.
我多年来一直从事英语作为第二语言的教学工作,既在美国,也在其他国家。
I have been teaching English as a second language for many years, both here in The United States and in other countries.
我从南加州大学获得了应用语言学的博士学位。
I received my PhD, my doctorate, in applied linguistics from the University of Southern California.
我曾在加利福尼亚州和亚利桑那州的大学担任教授多年。
I taught as a university professor for several years here in California and in Arizona.
我撰写过许多关于英语教学的文章和书籍。
I have written many articles and books on the teaching of English.
您在ESLPodcast中听到的所有声音都将来自母语为英语的人。
All of the voices you will hear on ESLPodcast will be native speakers.
我们建议您至少完整收听一遍整个播客。
We suggest that you listen to the entire podcast at least once.
然后反复收听第一部分,直到您觉得自己基本理解了内容。
Then re listen to the first part until you feel you understand most of it.
您会发现,每次收听后,您的听力理解能力都会有所提升。
You will find that your listening comprehension will increase after each listening.
每个播客第一部分的文字稿或脚本都可以在我们的网站www.eslpod.com上找到。
The text or script of part one of each podcast can be found on our website, www.eslpod.com.
那就是www.eslpod.com。
That's www.eslpod.com.
请在网页右上角点击‘脚本’链接。
Click on the scripts link in the upper right hand corner.
我们非常期待听到您的声音,亲爱的听众。
We would love to hear from you, the listener.
请给我们发邮件,告诉我们您住在哪儿,以及您希望在未来的ESL播客中听到哪些话题。
Please email us to tell us where you live and what topics you would like to hear on future ESL Podcast.
我们的邮箱地址是 eslpod eslpod 点 com。
Our email address is eslpod eslpod dot com.
也就是 eslpod@eslpod.com。
That's eslpod@eslpod.com.
再次感谢您的收听。
Thank you again for listening.
希望您喜欢这些播客,并帮助您实现提高英语水平的目标。
We hope you enjoy these podcasts and that they help you in your goal of improving your English.
ESLPodcast 由位于加利福尼亚州洛杉矶的教育发展中心制作。
ESLPodcast is produced by the Center for Educational Development in Los Angeles, California.
本播客版权属于2005年。
This podcast is copyright 2005.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。