本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
欢迎收听家族办公室播客。
Welcome to the family office podcast.
本期节目中,我们将探讨家族办公室和投资者如何适应虚拟时代——从远程建立信任到管理全球团队,再到寻找下一个激动人心的交易机会。
In this episode, we explore how family offices and investors are adapting to the virtual era from building trust remotely to managing global teams and finding the next exciting deal.
让我们开始吧。
Let's dive in.
您是与投资团队及合作伙伴进行虚拟协作还是面对面工作?
Do you work virtually with your investment team and partners or in person?
在您看来,是否有推荐的虚拟投资工具、软件或其他有助于远程工作的建议?
And any suggestions on virtual investment tools, software, anything that helps remote work, in your opinion?
还是说这些都必须面对面进行?
Or is that something, is it all in person?
以家族办公室俱乐部为例,我住在蒙大拿州,达芙妮在迈阿密,理查德当然在夏威夷。
I know the Family Office Club, for example, I live in Montana, Daphne's in Miami, of course Richard's in Hawaii.
团队实际上遍布全球,但通过Slack、Zoom或其他我们使用的技术,感觉就像彼此相邻工作。
So the team is spread out across actually the globe, And it seems like we're next to each other through Slack or through the different Zoom or whatever technology that we're using.
这种方式非常高效。
It's been very effective.
您认为应该全部线下进行还是远程协作?
Any thought do you is it all in person or is it remote?
具体如何运作呢?
And how that works?
我们采用混合模式。
It's a hybrid for us.
是的。
Yeah.
我们的客户遍布全球,不可能每次他们需要我们时都能亲自拜访每个人。
I mean, our clients are all global, so there's no way we can go and visit every single person anytime they want us to.
我太爱Zoom了。
So I love Zoom.
Zoom就像我最好的朋友。
Zoom is, like, my best friend.
无论身处世界何处,我都能在任何需要的时间与任何人开会。
I can be anywhere in the world and have a meeting with whoever I want at whatever time of the day that I need to have it at.
是啊。
Yeah.
那太棒了。
That's great.
我同意。
I agree.
这项技术确实是改变游戏规则的存在,尽管有些人之前对使用它有所犹豫,但在疫情期间他们开始更多地接受和使用它。
It's it's really been a game changer that we have this technology, and and some people started adopting and using it more during COVID, even though they had been hesitant to use it before.
有点像是钟摆效应。
There's a little bit of a pendulum swing.
人们现在说,哦,我们都回办公室吧。
People are saying, oh, let's all get back to the office.
我不相信人们真的在工作。
I don't trust people are really working.
但远程工作不会消失,面对面交流确实有其价值——眼神接触、握手、建立联系,但这并不意味着虚拟会议、虚拟关系以及Slack、Skype和Teams聊天就不算真正的联系。
But remote work isn't gonna go away, and there is something to be said for meeting people in person, looking them in the eye, shaking their hand, and and building that connection, but that doesn't mean that virtual meetings and virtual relationships and Slack and and Skype and Teams chat are not a relationship.
没错。
That's right.
我确实与一些从未谋面的人维持了多年的工作关系,我给他们寄过婴儿礼物,参与过他们各种人生大事,感觉我真的很关心这些人,尽管我们从未见过面。
And I certainly have had, multiyear long, working relationships with people I have never met in person, and I have sent them baby gifts, I have participated in all kinds of life events and feel like I really care about these people, and I have not met them in person.
在这个我们不断试图利用现有关系、建立新关系的世界里,或许我们应该更习惯这样的想法:我们可能不会见到所有人,或者不会像过去那样频繁地面对面见面——但这并不意味着关系建立和业务开展没有在进行,也不意味着因为技术你就不能信任这些人。
And in a world where we're trying to leverage our relationships, build new relationships all the time, maybe we should become more used to the idea that we may not meet everybody or we may not see everybody in person as often as perhaps was the norm before, but that doesn't mean relationship building isn't occurring and that business isn't occurring or that you can't trust the people because of the technology.
我认为新冠疫情确实是这场变革的催化剂。
I would say that COVID indeed was the catalyst for this revolution.
建立信任需要时间,而这种信任是虚拟的。
And it took time for there to be trust, which was virtual trust.
但变革已经发生,我认为它将继续下去,且不可逆转。
But it's happened, and I think it will continue to happen, and you can't go back.
我们团队有成员分布在加利福尼亚、科罗拉多、宾夕法尼亚,目前还有实习生来自德克萨斯和俄亥俄州。
We and our team, we have folks in California, Colorado, Pennsylvania, and we have interns which are in Texas and Ohio right now.
当然,我们组织是按这种模式运作的。但当我们与全球企业交流时,疫情让一切虚拟化后,我突然发现自己在审视各国企业。
So, of course, our organization is oriented in that fashion, but the companies we talked to all over the world, and when COVID came and everything became virtual, all of sudden I was looking at companies.
我可以在早晨考察世界一端的公司,晚上又能研究地球另一端的企业。
I could start in the morning and look at a company in one side of the world and then in the evening looking at a company in the other side of the world.
因此我觉得这种方式更高效,毕竟过去所有事情都需要面对面进行。
And so I felt that was more efficient and effective because previously, obviously, everything was in person.
归根结底,我认为我们已经适应了这种模式,并学会信任所见所闻。
And I think after all is said and done, we've grown accustomed to it and learned to trust what we see and hear.
当然,保持人际联系总是有益的。
Of course, having a personal connection is always positive.
是的。
Yes.
但这并非开展业务的唯一方式。
But it isn't the only way to do business.
是的。
Yes.
谢谢。
Thank you.
我认为这是人口结构驱动的。
I think it's demographic driven.
我从一开始就在这件事上挣扎。
I've struggled with this one since day one.
对于房间里大多数认识我的人来说,我是个非常强势的社交达人。
For most of the people in the room who know me, I'm a very dominant people person.
但效率与规模经济推动着技术发展。
But efficiency and economies of scale drive the technology.
所以我不希望任何人忘记,从某个年龄段开始,直视对方眼睛、握手并建立非常个人化的关系,比仅仅坐在电脑屏幕前能促成更多生意。
So I don't want anybody to forget from a certain age and up that looking somebody in the eye, shaking hands and having a very personal relationship is how more business will get done than just sitting on a computer screen.
但我认为对于年轻群体来说,这种方式完全是可以接受的。
But I think the younger demographics, I think it's perfectly acceptable be there.
你只需要环顾这个房间,就能听到外面走廊上的所有嘈杂声。
All you have do is look around this room and then you can hear all the noise out there in the hallway.
这里有成百上千的人。
There's a ton of people here.
而你们正在建立人际关系。
And you're building relationships.
我觉得这很能说明问题。
Think that says something.
完全同意。
Absolutely.
我曾就职于瑞信银行,那时我是个电话狂人,整天打电话和参加晚餐会议之类的。
I used to work at Credit Suisse and I was a phone guy, being on the phone all the time and dinner meetings and that.
而现在Zoom已经全面取代了这些方式。
And now Zoom has taken that all over.
我要请观众提问,或者开放观众提问环节。
I'm gonna ask for questions from the audience or open it up for questions from the audience.
我们有两位观众,后排的查理和这边的达芙妮。
We have two people, Charlie in the back and Daphne here.
如果各位有问题要问专家小组,我知道我们还有大约一分半钟的时间,请举手示意,我们会快速解答。
So if you have a question to ask the panel, I know we have about a minute and a half left, Go ahead and raise your hand and we'll get the quick question in.
有人吗?
Anyone?
什么
What
你们各自最有趣的投资是什么?
was each one of yours most fun investments?
我们都知道讨论的很多内容都很枯燥,但我相信你们可能遇到过一些特别新奇有趣的项目。
We all know a lot of the stuff that we talk about is boring, but I'm sure you might have had some things that come across your desk that were a little out there and just really fun.
在你们的职业生涯中有过这样的经历吗?
Is there anything like that through your careers?
好问题。
Great question.
是的。
Yeah.
实际上,我们现在就在为这样一家公司担任董事。
Right now, actually, we're on the board for one of those types of companies.
他们正在建造完全依靠风能、太阳能和水力驱动的生态豪华游艇。
They are building eco luxury yachts that run solely on wind, solar, and hydro.
这非常非常独特。
It's very, very unique.
事实上我们已经引起了多个岛屿的浓厚兴趣,相关交易机会正源源不断地涌来。
We've actually piqued so much interest from the different islands that we are getting bombarded with deal flow on it.
太棒了。
Awesome.
我稍早简单提到过最近刚参与的一个项目,我也参与了一些运营方面的工作。
I highlighted briefly a little bit earlier one that I've just recently become involved with and I'm involved in some of the operational aspect too.
正如我所说,有时我会为咨询股份这么做,这属于AI领域。
As I said, sometimes I do that for advisory shares, it's in the AI space.
这是一个私人信贷平台,连接经纪人与资金提供方。
It's a private credit platform, connect brokers with the capital providers.
由于技术的应用,我觉得这非常令人振奋。
And because of the use of the technology, I find it very exciting.
它正在革新一些我们之前可能认为不够吸引人的领域,使其变得激动人心。
It's revolutionizing something that maybe we didn't think was that sexy before that exciting.
因此,无论哪个行业,加入这些AI应用和技术来搅动局面,我都觉得非常兴奋。
So adding those AI applications and tech to shake things up, I find very exciting regardless of industry.
在我们这边,垃圾发电创造了许多令人兴奋的机遇。
On our side, waste to energy has created a lot of exciting opportunities.
其中之一与数据中心相关。
One of them would be with regards to data centers.
另一个是垂直运营模式,垃圾发电将直接为绿色机车提供动力,从而在近距离内同时解决运输和能源问题。
Another would be a vertical operation where waste to energy would actually power green locomotives and you create the opportunity for your transportation and your power in close proximity.
数据中心的情况也是如此,这是个既激动人心又充满挑战的机遇。
Same thing with the data centers and this is a very exciting and challenging opportunity.
数字资产领域。
The digital asset space.
太棒了。
Fantastic.
好的,各位,让我们为第二组嘉宾热烈鼓掌。
Well, listen, let's get a big round of applause for panel number two.
感谢各位的精彩见解。
Thank you for great insights.
感谢聆听。
Thanks for listening.
接下来,请别错过与Richard C.的精彩五连谈
Up next, don't miss a powerful five shot chat with Richard C.
Wilson,家族办公室俱乐部创始人,将讲述Michael从一亿美金退出到AI投资之旅的故事
Wilson, founder of the Family Office Club, featuring Michael's 100,000,000 exit to AI investing journey.
他运用我们社区分享的精准策略,从破产边缘快速实现规模扩张
He went from broke to scaling fast using the exact strategies shared inside our community.
敬请期待
Stay tuned.
你绝不会想错过这个故事
You won't wanna miss this story.
如果你是创始人、正在融资、开发房地产,或是投资者,我们诚挚邀请你加入家族办公室俱乐部
If you are a founder, raising capital, developing real estate, or you're an investor, we'd love for you to get involved in the Family Office Club.
我运营这个社区已有十八年之久
I've run this community for eighteen years now.
我们已举办过300场线下活动
We've hosted 300 live events.
我们的社交媒体群组和粉丝数达1700万
We have 17,000,000 social media group members and followers.
我们拥有家族办公室领域排名第一的YouTube频道
We have the number one YouTube channel on family offices.
我们制作了家族办公室主题最受欢迎的播客节目
We have the number one most popular podcast on family offices.
你可以通过familyoffices.com了解更多关于我们及会员选项的信息
You can learn more about us and our membership options at familyoffices.com.
我们计划在2026年举办30场线下活动,今年还将有十余场
We have 30 in person events planned in 2026 and another dozen events this year.
请访问familyoffices.com
Please go to familyoffices.com to
了解更多。
learn more.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。