本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
想象一下这个场景。
So picture this.
这是一月份。
It's the January.
你的全新计划本摊开着。
Your brand new planner is open.
钢笔整齐地排成一行。
The pens are lined up.
决心已经写好了。
The resolutions are written.
应用程序都下载好了。
The apps are downloaded.
今年你终于要成为全新的自己。
This is the year you finally become the new you.
有一瞬间,你真的觉得会这样。
And for a minute, it actually feels that way.
你起得很早,吃得健康,像机器一样回复邮件,锻炼、冥想,甚至读完了去年发誓要读完的所有书。
You're up early, you're eating right, you're answering emails like a machine, you're working out, meditating, maybe even reading all the books you swore you'd get to last year.
你开始想,好吧,也许这次真的不一样了。
And you start to think, okay, maybe this is it.
也许我终于甩掉了过去的自己。
Maybe I finally left the old me behind.
然后,几乎在不知不觉中,一切又开始了。
And then almost invisibly, it starts.
你错过了一次锻炼,对爱你的人发了脾气,半夜刷手机而不是睡觉——顺便说一句,我就是如此,你对自己许下的一个小承诺破了,接着又一个,再一个,那个曾经闪亮而充满希望的词‘新年,新我’,悄然变成了‘又是这样’。
You miss a workout, you snap at someone you love, you doomscroll at midnight instead of going to bed, raising my hand here, by the way, you break one tiny promise to yourself, and then another, and then another, and then that shiny hopeful phrase, New Year, New You, it quietly turns into, here we go again.
同样的模式,同样的困境,还是原来的你。
Same patterns, same stuck places, same you.
而在这一切之下,是一个极其痛苦的问题。
And underneath it all, this really painful question.
如果我连成为新自己的能力都没有,一直被这样的承诺欺骗,是不是意味着我根本就无可救药?
If I can't become the new me, I keep getting sold, does that mean I'm just not fixable?
如果答案其实与你的意志力、你的价值毫无关系,而完全关乎你被灌输的关于‘重新开始’意味着什么的故事呢?
What if the answer actually has nothing to do with your willpower, your worth, and everything to do with a story that you've been told about what it means to start over?
所以在这集中,我想分享一种截然不同的方式来告别今年,迎接新的一年。
So in this episode, I wanna share a very different way to close out the year and begin the next one.
我们将探讨为什么‘从零开始、抹去过去、彻底抛弃旧我、成为全新的人’这种想法不仅不切实际,反而可能是阻碍你实现真正持久改变的原因。
We're going to talk about why the whole idea of a clean slate, wipe the past, erase the old you, become someone entirely new, is not only unrealistic, but may actually be the thing that's keeping you from the kind of change that actually lasts.
我们还将探索一种更安静、更有力的替代方式。
And we'll explore a quieter, a more powerful alternative.
把过去的自己看作不是需要和去年的彩纸一起丢弃的问题,而是你最宝贵的资源。
Seeing your past self not as a problem to toss out with last year's confetti, but as your greatest resource.
你内在的数据库,蕴藏着关于你真正需要什么、如何构建契合你生活的生命的智慧与真相。
Your built in library of data and wisdom and truth about what you actually need to build a life that fits.
我们将学习如何将今年转化为信息而非指控,如何停止与自己开战,如何在不试图变成别人的情况下,真正以当下的自己步入新的一年。
We'll look at how to turn this year into information instead of indictment, how to stop starting from war with yourself, and how to step into the new year without trying to become someone else, but finally walking forward as you already are.
在接下来的过程中,我会分享一系列非常有价值的问题和引导,我相信它们会带来深刻而有益的启发。
Now as we go along, I'm going to share a bunch of really valuable questions and prompts that I think will be really valuable and insightful.
我想你也会非常享受探索这些答案的过程。
I think you'll also really enjoy exploring the answers too.
你可以直接听完整个节目,然后再回头去做这些练习。
Feel free to just listen through the whole episode and then go back and do them later.
如果你愿意,可以随时暂停并回答这些问题;我们也会在节目笔记中提供一个链接,你可以下载一份简单的单页PDF,里面包含了所有问题和提示,方便你坐下来慢慢完成。
You can pause and answer the questions along the way if you want, or we will also include a link in the show notes to a simple one pager PDF that you can download with all of the questions and prompts in it so that you can sit down and work your way through it afterwards if that's easier for you.
非常期待与你分享这一期节目。
So excited to share this episode with you.
我是乔纳森·菲尔德,欢迎收听《美好生活项目》。
I'm Jonathan Fields, and this is Good Life Project.
很多年前,我有一份我至今仍称之为‘新年完美表格’的东西。
So a bunch of years back, I had what I still think of as my sort of New Year's spreadsheet of perfection.
我记得有一个十二月的夜晚,我坐在那里,手里捧着一大杯茶,感受着那种令人愉悦的怀旧与希望交织的情绪。
I remember sitting down one December night with this kinda giant mug of tea, feeling that delicious mix of nostalgia and possibility.
我想,好吧。
And I thought, okay.
就是它了。
This is it.
今年我终于要把整个人生都调整到位。
This is the year I finally get my entire life dialed in.
于是我打开笔记本电脑,创建了这个庞然大物。
So I opened up my laptop, and I created this monstrosity.
多个标签页,每日习惯,每周目标,月度计划,睡眠、健身、工作、人际关系、创造力、金钱,你知道的,还有颜色编码、公式、条件格式。
Multiple tabs, daily habits, weekly targets, monthly goals, sleep, fitness, work, relationships, creativity, money, you know, color codes, formulas, conditional formatting.
如果我的人生是个科技初创公司,这简直就是我的A轮融资演示文稿。
If my life were a tech startup, this was my series a pitch deck.
1月1日早上,我醒来时感觉自己像个机器。
In January 1, I woke up feeling like a machine, actually.
完美完成了锻炼,吃了完美的早餐,冥想了,上午10点前没碰手机,邮件全部处理完毕。
Crushed the workout, ate the perfect breakfast, meditated, no phone till 10AM, inbox handled.
我当时想:这人是谁?
I was like, who is this guy?
他这些年都去哪儿了?
And where's he been all my life?
我爱他。
I love him.
在那几天里,也许更久一点,我几乎完美地做到了。
And for a handful of days, maybe even more, I was pretty much nailing it.
我的电子表格里满是绿色的单元格。
My spreadsheet was a sea of green cells.
我打开它只是为了沉浸在自己的能力中。
I would open it just to bask in my own competence.
你懂那种感觉。
You know that feeling.
然后,就像往常一样,生活发生了它一贯会做的事。
And then as it tends to do, life did that thing that life does.
一个项目突然出问题了,家里有事需要我全神贯注,睡眠乱了套,情绪也随之失控,所有系统、所有结构、所有精心设计的计划,都开始摇摇欲坠。
A project blew up, a family thing needed my full attention, sleep went sideways, my mood followed, and all the systems, all the structure, all the carefully architected plans, they start to wobble.
我错过了一次锻炼,接着又错过两次,或者熬夜回邮件,结果第二天早上就没力气做晨间routine了。
I'd miss one workout and then two or stay up late answering email, which meant I'd be too tired for the morning routine.
然后我随便吃了点不符合计划的东西,还说‘周末再补回来’,当然,周末来了,照例老样子。
Then I grabbed something quick to eat that wasn't part of the plan, and I'd say, oh, I'll catch up on the weekend, and, of course, the weekend came and did what weekends do.
那张表格里开始出现几个红色单元格,接着越来越多,最后整行都红了。
A few red cells showed up in that spreadsheet, and then more, and then a whole row.
这里最重要的是。
And here's what's important.
我没有问那个唯一有用的问题:我能从中学到什么?
Instead of asking the only useful question, what can I learn from this?
我直接对自己说:‘瞧瞧,你又来了。’
I went straight to dude, there you go again.
你就是那种无法坚持这样做事的人。
You're just not the kind of person who follows through like this.
那个老样子的你又回来了。
Old you is back.
新的你很大程度上只是个偶然。
New you was largely just a fluke.
几乎在一夜之间,我不只是放弃了那个电子表格。
And almost overnight, it wasn't just the spreadsheet I abandoned.
在一种非常安静、微妙的方式下,我抛弃了自己。
In a very quiet, subtle way, I abandoned myself.
我在心理上把过去的自己拖到路边,像扔垃圾一样,默默许下了一个承诺。
I mentally dragged old me out to the curb like trash and made this silent promise.
明年,我终于会成为真正的自己,那个从不掉队、从不挣扎的人。
Next year, I'll finally become the real version of me, the one who never falls off, the one who never struggles.
花了多年时间,我才明白,试图抛弃过去的自己,恰恰正是让我停滞不前的原因。
And it took me years to see that that move, trying to throw away who I've been, was actually the very thing that kept me stuck.
所以今天,当我们为这一年画上句号,真正站在新一年的门槛上时,我想提出一个与‘新年新我’主流观念略有不同的观点。
So today, as we close the chapter on this year and really stand at the threshold of a new one, I wanna offer something that runs a little counter to the whole new year, new you machine.
那种认为你需要一张白纸才能重新开始,必须抹去、逃离或否认那个未能实现决心的自己的想法,我认为那是个迷思。
It's this idea that you need a clean slate to begin again, that you've gotta erase, outrun, or disown the the you who didn't live up to your resolutions, I think that's a myth.
这不仅仅是一个谎言,它是一个悄然助长羞耻感、阻碍成长的谎言,让你年复一年地重复同样的模式。
And not just a myth, it's a myth that quietly fuels shame and blocks growth, and and it keeps you just reliving the same pattern year after year.
如果你长期关注《美好生活项目》,你应该听过我介绍过我开发的一个框架,叫做‘成功脚手架’。
Now if you've been around Good Life Project for a while, you've heard me walk through a framework I developed called success scaffolding.
这是一个八部分的、可适应现实世界的结构,用于将宏大而有意义、甚至看似不可能的目标变为现实。
It's this eight part real world adaptable structure for bringing big and meaningful, sometimes even impossible seeming goals to life.
这项工作依然成立。
That work still stands.
我仍然相信,通过深思熟虑地构建你的环境、支持系统、心态和行动方式,可以让改变不仅成为可能,更成为必然。
I still believe in the power of thoughtful scaffolding of designing your environment, your support, your mindset, your actions in ways that make change not just possible, but probable.
我今天要谈的,并不是目标不好,也不是计划不重要,更不是烧掉你的所有框架。
What I'm talking about today is not goals or bad or plans don't matter or burn your frameworks.
我今天要谈的是这个:
What I am talking about is this.
即使是最精妙的框架,包括‘成功脚手架’,如果在它之下,你仍深信‘过去的自己是破碎的,需要被抹去’,那么它也难以生根。
Even the most elegant framework, including success scaffolding, will struggle to take root if underneath it, you're still carrying this hidden belief that, quote, old you is broken and needs to be erased.
这一集的内容建立在所有这些之上。
This episode lives underneath all of that.
它探讨的是任何决心、任何目标、任何框架之下的层面——你与去年那个真实生活过的自己的关系。
It's about the layer beneath any resolution, any goal, any scaffolding, your relationship with the person who lived this last year.
因此,在这次对话中,我们将探索一种不同的方式来告别今年、迎接新的一年:这种方式不需要完美的重塑,也不需要对你的个性进行彻底升级,而是邀请你转向今年真实经历的自己,说:好吧。
So in this conversation, we're going to explore a different way to end the year and begin the next one, one that doesn't require a perfect reinvention or some kind wholesale upgrade to your personality, but instead, it asks you to turn toward the person you've actually been this year and say, okay.
我们一起走吧。
Let's go together.
那我们先从这个‘白纸’的迷思开始。
So let's start with this clean slate myth.
我们都听过这句话,也许甚至自己也说过:我只想要一个全新的开始。
We've all heard the phrase, maybe even said it ourselves, I just want a clean slate.
今年,我要从零开始。
This year, I'm starting from zero.
新年,新我。
New year, new me.
在表面上,这听起来很棒。
And on the surface, it sounds great.
它让人感到充满希望、清新且有力量。
It feels hopeful, fresh, empowering.
干净画布的迷思认为,要真正重新开始,我必须否定过去的自己。
The clean slate myth says, to truly start fresh, I need to disown who I've been.
我需要抹去自己失误的痕迹、违背的承诺,以及所有未能如愿以偿的时刻。
I need to wipe away the evidence of my missteps, my broken promises, all the times I didn't show up the way that I wanted to.
我需要在几乎一夜之间变成一个完全不同的人。
I need to become a fundamentally different person almost overnight.
而且,你能在这段时间到处看到这种现象。
And, like, you can see it everywhere this time of year.
营销活动都在宣扬‘新年新自我’。
The marketing built on new year, new you.
那些为期三十天的强化训练营暗示,你从另一端出来时会变成一个完全不一样的人。
The thirty day boot camps that imply that you'll come out the other side as a completely different human.
这条社交媒体动态悄然传递着一个信息:过去的你是个问题。
This social post that quietly say, the old you is a problem.
新的你才会终于值得被认可。
The new you will finally be worthy.
听我说,我懂。
Look, I get it.
坦白说,这在情感上极具吸引力。
It's emotionally seductive, frankly.
在某种程度上,我们大多数人心里都藏着一些今年让自己感到羞愧的时刻。
On some level, most of us are carrying moments from the year that we're not proud of.
比如,我在这里举手承认。
Like, I'm raising my hand here.
有太多这样的时刻了。
There are so many moments.
我们因恐惧而做出的选择,逃避而不愿发声的时刻,本该做却没做的事。
Choices we made out of fear, times we numbed out instead of speaking up, stuff we meant to do and didn't.
我们真的能抹去这一切,按下某个宇宙重置键,然后直接进入一个从不挣扎的自己吗?
The idea that we could just erase all that, hit some cosmic reset button, and step into a version of ourselves that never struggles?
当然,这听起来很有吸引力。
Of course, that sounds appealing.
一张白纸,看似是一种逃避羞耻的方式,跳过自我审视时那些尴尬而痛苦的过程,直接抵达‘我现在很好’的状态。
A clean slate, it seems like a way to escape, frankly, shame, to skip over the awkward uncomfortable process of self examination and jump straight to, I'm good now.
它给了我们一种掌控感的错觉。
It gives us the illusion of control.
我的意思是,如果我够努力地重启,就再也不用感受这种状态了。
I mean, if I can just reboot hard enough, I'll never have to feel like this again.
但这里隐藏着代价。
But but here's the hidden cost.
当唯一被允许存在的你,是那个从不犯错的‘新我’时,一旦那个疲惫、压力大、不完美、非常人性化的‘二月的你’出现,整个实验就会彻底崩溃。
When the only version of you who is allowed to exist is new me who never messes up, then the moment February me shows up, the tired, stressed, imperfect, very human you, the whole experiment just collapses.
因为现在,这不再只是你偶尔松懈了习惯、没去锻炼、提高了嗓门或没达成目标的问题。
Because now it's not just that you, you know, slipped on a habit or missed a workout or raised your voice or didn't hit a target.
因为你背叛了自己本应成为的那副幻想形象。
It's that you have quote, betrayed this fantasy of who you're supposed to be.
而不是问:这里发生了什么?
And instead of asking, what happened here?
这想向我展示什么?
What is this trying to show me?
你最终问的是:我到底哪里出了问题?
You end up asking, what is wrong with me?
于是你把过去变成了敌人。
So you turn your past into an enemy.
你把失败(顺便说一句,我这里用的是引号)当作你根本上就破碎不堪的证据,而不是你生活中有价值的信息。
You treat your failures as and I'm using failures in quotes there, by the way, as evidence that you are just fundamentally broken instead of a instead of information about your life.
你切断了自己与这些数据的联系——那些极其有用、有时令人不适却始终宝贵的反馈,它们这一年一直在告诉你什么让你疲惫、什么让你充满能量,或者你的神经系统何时说‘不’。
You cut yourself off from the data, all the incredibly useful nuance, sometimes uncomfortable, but always valuable feedback that this year has been offering you about what drains you, about what what nourishes you, or where your nervous system says, nope.
你在哪里真正活了过来。
Where you come alive.
你真正需要更多和更少的东西。
What you actually need more of and less of.
白纸神话说:烧掉所有证据。
The clean slate myth says, burn the evidence.
但这些证据恰恰是我们需要的。
But the evidence is exactly what we need.
你还会埋下我称之为未来自我破坏的种子。
You also end up planting the seeds of what I call future self sabotage.
因为如果你的故事是:今年,我必须变成一个完全不同的人——你可能用不同的措辞,但本质上你就是在这么说。
Because if your story is, this year, I must become a completely different person, you may use different language, but that's fundamentally what you're saying.
那么,每当你表现出‘你本来的样子’时,都会感觉像是你失败的证据。
Then every time you act like, well well, you, it feels like proof that you have failed.
你知道,偶尔的一天糟糕并不仅仅是一天状态不好。
You know, one off day isn't just an off day.
它成了对你身份的全民公投。
It's a referendum on your identity.
于是你陷入恶性循环,羞耻感袭来,你选择躲藏,并说:我明年再试一次。
So you spiral and shame kicks in and you hide and you say, I'll try again next year.
你直接否定了今年剩下的全部时间,循环就此重复。
You literally write off the entire rest of the year, and the cycle repeats.
现在,在一月的前两集中,我们将探讨从这里向前迈进的不同方式。
Now, in the first two episodes of January, we're going to explore different ways to move forward from here.
在接下来的第一集,也就是我们一月一日的《无决议》中,我们会深入探讨如何重新开始,而不把生活变成一堆僵化的‘应该’或完美主义规则,以及如何以更灵活、更人性化的方式看待改变。
In the first episode after this, our our January 1 episode called the unresolution, we'll look at really how to begin again without turning your life into this rigid list of shoulds or perfectionist rules and what it might mean to relate to change in a more flexible, humane way.
而在这一年的第二集,名为《足够之年》中,我们将讨论如何摆脱‘永远不够’的持续感,转向一种截然不同的自我认知和生活视角。
And in that second episode of the year, which is called the year of enough, we'll talk about stepping out of the constant sense of not enough and into a year grounded in a very different way of seeing yourself and your life.
顺便说一句,请务必关注我们,以免错过任何一集。
So by the way, be sure that you're following so you do not miss any of these episodes.
这些内容是相互衔接的,而且非常有力量。
They build on each other, and they're super powerful.
这些集数将深入探讨如何向前迈进、设定方向,并活出‘足够’的状态。
Those episodes will get into the how of moving forward, setting direction, and living into enough.
今天这个话题是关于你在做这件事时带着谁同行。
This one today is about the who you're carrying with you as you do that.
在广告之后,我们马上回来。
And we'll be right back after a word from our sponsors.
嘿。
Hey.
如果你正在听,并且心想:好吧。
If you're listening to this and thinking, okay.
我想继续参与这个对话,并进一步深入。
I wanna stay with this conversation and keep building on it.
这里有一个简单的想法。
Here is a simple idea.
在苹果播客上关注《美好生活项目》。
Follow Good Life Project on Apple Podcasts.
这样,这些剧集就会在你需要的时候自动出现,而无需你记住或搜索。
That way, these episodes, they just show up for you when you need them without having to remember or search.
尤其是这个新年系列,每一集都紧密承接上一集,旨在契合你生活实际发生的时刻。
Especially with this New Year series, each episode really does build on the last, and it's designed to meet you right where your life actually happens.
所以,请花一点时间,在Apple播客上关注我们,或者直接点击节目说明中的链接。
So take a moment, follow us on Apple Podcasts, or just click the link in the show notes.
那么,让我们暂时重新思考一下‘失败’这个概念。
So let's maybe reframe this idea of failure for a moment here.
我们大多数人要么被明确地、要么被潜移默化地教导:当事情没有如我们所愿时,这反映了我们是谁。
Most of us have been taught explicitly or implicitly that when something doesn't go the way we hoped, it means something about who we are.
我们没有坚持那些习惯,所以我们是‘懒惰’的。
We didn't stick with the habits so we are, quote, lazy.
我们留在了这段关系里,所以我们是软弱的。
We stayed in the relationship so we're weak.
我们回避了艰难的对话,所以我们可能是懦弱的。
We avoided the hard conversation so we're cowards maybe.
我们又回到了旧模式,所以我们是无望的。
We fell back into the pattern so we're hopeless.
我们把一个事件当作最终判决。
We take an event and turn it into a verdict.
如果我们把它仅仅当作数据来对待呢?
What if instead we treated it just like data?
我反复回到的一个简单内心信条是:这不是判决,而是数据。
A simple internal mantra that I have come back to again and again is it's not a verdict, it's data.
今年当某件事没有按你希望的方式发展时,并不自动意味着‘我在这方面很糟糕’或‘我完蛋了’。
When something this year didn't go the way you want it, it doesn't automatically mean, oh, I'm bad at this or I'm broken.
这意味着这里发生了一些事情。
It means something happened here.
这里有信息。
There's information.
现在我们来稍微探讨一下这个观点。
Let's play with this a bit now.
如果你现在有条件写字,也许可以拿一个笔记本出来。
So if you're in a place where you can write, maybe you might even grab a notebook for a moment.
如果不能,你也可以在心里做这个练习。
If not, you can just do this in your mind.
我会问你几个问题。
And I'm gonna ask you a few things.
第一个问题:今年我真正尝试了什么?
So first question, what did I actually attempt this year?
我们讨论的不只是正式的决议或公开的目标。
And we're not just talking formal resolutions or public goals.
也要包括那些默默的期盼。
Include the quiet hopes here.
比如,我希望少一些孤独感。
Things like, I wanna feel less lonely.
我希望更好地照顾自己的身体。
I I hope to take better care of my body.
我本打算多陪陪孩子。
I meant to be more present with my kids.
我希望能更坦诚地对待工作。
I I wanted to be more honest at work.
我本以为自己终于会去上那个课,创作那件艺术作品,或者开始那件事。
I thought I'd finally take that classroom, make that art, or start that thing.
但让其中一些想法浮现出来吧。
But let a few of those surface.
所以,这就是第一个问题。
So that's the first question.
如果你想要暂停一下,用你的笔记应用、日记本,或者任何你喜欢的方式,那非常好。
Again, if you wanna just, like, hit pause here for a second, use your notes app, use a journal, whatever it is, that's great.
现在就去想一想吧。
Go ahead and just think about that.
我再为你重复一遍。
I'll repeat it again for you.
第一个问题是:今年我真正尝试过什么?
That first question was, what did I actually attempt this year?
同样,不要只考虑正式的事情,也要包括那些 quieter 的希望或志向。
Again, not formal things, just include the more quiet hopes or aspirations.
停顿一下。
Take a beat.
当你准备好了,再回到这些问题,或者你也可以现在直接听完,然后再回到相应的地方,重新思考这些问题。
And then when you're ready, come back to it, or you can just listen all the way through now, by the way, and then just go back to the spot and revisit these questions.
让其中一些想法浮现出来。
So let a few of those things surface.
接下来是第二个问题。
Now second question.
哪些事情没有如你所愿地发展?
Where did things not go the way I hoped?
当然,你不需要列一个很长的清单。
And you don't need to make a long list, by the way.
只需列出三到五件让你感到有摩擦或不顺的事情即可。
Just maybe three to five things where you just feel some friction.
也许你报名参加了某件事,但后来就不去了,顺便说一下,今年我这样的情况不止一次。
Maybe you signed up for something and stopped going, by the way, I did that more than once this year.
也许你告诉自己不会再那样发脾气了,但你还是这样做了。
Maybe you said, I'm not gonna lose my temper like that again, and you did.
或者你答应自己要减少某些事情——工作、消费或刷手机,但其实没什么改变。
Or maybe you promised yourself you'd cut back on something, work or spending or scrolling, and it didn't really change.
只需留意其中几件这样的事。
Just notice a few of those things.
现在还不需要分析什么。
No need to analyze or anything yet.
对于每一件事,都有一个问题比‘我哪里出了问题’更有帮助,而我们往往容易陷入后者。
Now for each of those, there's a question that is so much more helpful than what's wrong with me, which is where we tend to go.
这个问题就是:
And that question is this.
这是我们第三个问题。
Here's our third question.
这可能想告诉我什么?
What might this be trying to tell me?
也许你计划每天早上5点冥想20分钟,但这个计划只坚持了11天。
Maybe you're, I'll meditate for twenty minutes every day at 5AM, plan lasted eleven days.
所以旧的故事说:好吧,我什么都坚持不下去。
So the old story says, well, I can't stick with anything.
我没有自律。
I'm not disciplined.
如果新故事——也就是当你把这当作数据来看时——可能更像这样说:其实我喜欢冥想,但我太累了。
What if the new story what the thing is trying to tell you, if you treat it as data might sound more like, actually, I like the meditation, but I was exhausted.
我的晚上一团混乱。
My evenings were chaos.
我总是睡得很晚。
I was getting to bed late.
我的神经系统现在可能更需要睡眠,而不是一个完美的20分钟冥想练习。
My nervous system might need sleep more than it needs a perfect twenty minute practice right now.
我意识到我其实喜欢五分钟的冥想,但二十分钟就让人感到不堪重负。
I realized I actually enjoy five minutes, but twenty just felt overwhelming.
这就是数据。
That is data.
也许你本该更常说不,或设立更好的界限,但你还是不断答应那些让你耗竭的事情。
Maybe you meant to say no more often or set better boundaries, and yet you found yourself just saying yes to things that drained you.
旧的故事可能是你对自己说:‘我真是个任人踩踏的软柿子。’
The old story, you might tell yourself, oh, I'm such a doormat.
新的故事,作为数据来看,可能是:我之所以答应,是因为害怕冲突。
New story as data may go something like, like I say yes when I'm afraid of conflict.
我答应,是因为我不想感到内疚。
I say yes because I don't wanna feel guilty.
我答应,是因为我不确定,如果我不是那个‘乐于助人’的人,我会是谁。
I say yes because I'm not sure who I am if I'm not being the quote helpful one.
同样,这些都是你可以利用的信息。
Again, that's information you can work with.
它揭示了价值观、恐惧、需求和模式。
It reveals values and fears and needs and patterns.
这并不是对人格的攻击。
It's not a character assassination.
当你陷入彻底的羞耻状态时,你的大脑不会处于学习模式。
When you're in full shame mode, your brain isn't in learning mode.
它处于逃避模式。
It's in hiding mode.
一旦你能从‘我太糟糕了’转变为‘哦,真疼,这没按我预期发展,但我能从中学会什么?’
The moment you can shift from I'm terrible to, okay, ouch, that didn't go how I wanted, but what can I learn from it?
你就打开了改变的可能性。
You open up the possibility of change.
所以,当你回顾这一年时,如果每一个所谓的‘失败’都被视为一份反馈表,而不是最终成绩,会怎样?
So as you look back on this year, what if every, quote, failure was allowed to just be a feedback form, not a final grade?
现在我想深入探讨一件事,坦白说,这可能更敏感一些,因为这不仅仅关乎我们如何解读事件。
Now I wanna zoom in on something, frankly, probably a little bit more tender here because this isn't just about how we interpret events.
这关乎我们如何与经历过这些事件的自己相处。
It's about how we relate to the versions of ourselves who lived those events.
如果你把过去这一年想象成一个充满各个版本自己的房间,我特别喜欢‘自己们’这个说法。
So if you imagine this past year as a room full of yous I just love the phrase yous.
这让我想起了经典电影中的一句台词。
It brings me back to classic movie line.
那个把项目搞砸的自己。
The you who crushed that project.
对吧?
Right?
那个凌晨两点还焦虑地刷手机、辗转难眠的自己。
The the you who lay awake at 2AM anxious and scrolling.
那个发脾气的自己。
The you who lost your temper.
那个在艰难时刻握住别人手的自己。
The you who held somebody's hand in a hard moment.
那个回避了对话的你。
The you who avoided the conversation.
那个明明身体的每个细胞都想说不,却还是说了好的你。
The you who said yes when every cell in your body wanted to say no.
那个笑到流泪的你,在这个房间里,你最不敢直视的是哪一个你?
That you who laughed so hard you cried, who in that room are you trying hardest not to make eye contact with?
花一点时间,好好体会一下。
Sit with that for a moment.
我们大多数人身上,都有某些属于这一年的自己,正被我们努力地推向阴影中。
Most of us have certain cells from the year that we're actively trying to push into the shadows.
暴食者、拖延者、回避冲突者、讨好型人格、待得太久的人、离开得太早的人。
The overeater, the procrastinator, the conflict avoider, the the people pleaser, the one who stayed too long, the one who left too soon.
空白画布的幻觉认为,只要我能变成所谓的‘新的我’,那些版本就会消失。
The clean slate myth, it says, if I can just become, quote, new me, those versions will disappear.
我再也不用见到它们了。
I'll never have to see them again.
但事情并不是这样运作的。
But that's not how it works.
那些部分并不会消失。
Those parts don't vanish.
它们只是转入地下。
They just go underground.
它们在地下室里操控着大局。
They drive the bus from the basement.
它们仍在塑造你的选择。
They're still shaping your choices.
你只是失去了理解和整合它们的机会。
You've just lost the opportunity to understand and and integrate them.
所以当我谈到无条件的肯定时,我并不是在认可你做出的每一个选择。
So when I talk about an unconditional yes, I'm not talking about approving of every choice you've made.
我并不是建议你逃避责任或跳过必要的修复。
I'm not suggesting you bypass responsibility or skip repair where it's needed.
我的意思是,我不会抛弃我自身的任何一部分。
What I mean is this, I will not throw any part of me away.
我不会抛弃我自身的任何一部分。
I will not throw any part of me away.
再说一遍,我不会抛弃我自身的任何一部分。
One more time, I will not throw any part of me away.
我不会假装那些曾经应对、麻木、冻结、逃避的自己不是我。
I will not pretend that the versions of me who coped, who numbed, who froze, who avoided aren't mine.
我愿意与完整的自己建立关系。
I'm willing to be in relationship with all of me.
就像整合一样,这并不意味着你为所有做过的事感到自豪。
Like integration, it doesn't mean that you're proud of everything that you did.
这意味着你愿意把每一个过去的自己都留在全家福里。
It means you're willing to keep every past version of you in the family photo.
当你不再放逐这些部分,而是转向它们时,某种真正强大的可能性就出现了。
And the moment you stop exiling those parts and instead turn toward them, something really powerful becomes possible.
你终于可以问他们,他们当初是想为你做些什么。
You can finally ask them what they were trying to do for you.
这在某种程度上是IFS(内在家庭系统)的基本原则之一,而IFS如今在心理治疗领域正炙手可热。
This is sort of like one of the fundamental basis of IFS or internal family systems, which is kind of like the the hot child in psychotherapy these days.
对吧?
Right?
你终于可以问他们,他们当初是想为你做些什么。
So you can finally ask them what they were trying to do for you.
那么,昨晚熬夜吃东西的你,可能是在试图安抚一种尚未被察觉的孤独。
Then the you who ate late last night might have been trying to soothe a loneliness you hadn't aimed yet.
那个过度工作的你,可能是在试图在一个充满不确定性的世界里获得安全感。
The you who overworked might have been trying to feel safe in a world that felt unpredictable.
那个刷手机刷几个小时的你,可能是在试图降低悲伤的音量。
The you who scroll for hours might have been trying to turn down the volume on grief.
我的意思是,这些总是最有效的应对方式吗?
I mean, are those always the most skillful strategies?
大概不是。
Probably not.
但当你理解了背后的原因,就可以开始为自己提供不同的选择,在不伤害其他部分的前提下满足这种需求。
But when you understand the why underneath, you can start to offer yourself different options that honor the need without harming the rest of you.
所以我想和你一起尝试一个非常简单的慈悲练习。
So I wanna try a really simple a sort of a compassion practice with you.
它很短。
It's short.
你可以在任何地方做,只要不是在开车或做需要你全神贯注的事情。
You can do it wherever you are as long as you're not driving or doing something that needs your full attention here.
如果你在开车或移动中,只需听着,稍后再回来做这个练习。
If you're driving or moving, you can just listen and come back to this later.
如果可以的话,也许闭上眼睛一会儿,或者只是放松你的目光。
If you're able, maybe close your eyes for a moment or just soften your gaze.
这样也很好。
That's fine too.
试着回想今年中,你对自己评价最苛刻的那一个版本。
And bring to mind just one version of you from this year that you've been judging pretty harshly.
也许是那个留在了不那么好境况中的你。
Maybe it's the you who stayed in a situation that wasn't great.
我的意思是,也许是那个说了些事后后悔的话的你。
I mean, maybe it's maybe it's the you who said something you wish you could take back.
也许是那个忽视了身体发出的信号的你,今年我就多次这样做过。
Maybe it's the you who ignored the signs your body was sending, and I have done that a bunch this year.
也许是那个做了选择,至今想起仍觉刺痛的你。
Maybe it's the you who made a choice that still stings when you think about it.
就让那个版本的你,坐在你脑海中的对面。
Just let that version of you sit across from you in your mind's eye.
留意他们的样子。
Notice what they look like.
留意他们脸上的表情。
Notice the expression on their face.
注意他们看起来多么疲惫、害怕或不知所措。
Notice how how tired or scared or overwhelmed they might seem.
如果感觉合适,把手放在心口、胸口,或任何让你感到支持的地方。
And if it feels okay, place a hand on your heart or on your chest or somewhere that feels supportive to you.
缓慢而轻松地吸一口气。
Take a slow, easy breath.
然后在心里默默地说些什么,比如:当然,你当时做了你能做的。
And silently, just in your mind, say something like, of course, you did what you did.
你只是想帮我度过一段艰难的时光。
You were trying to get me through something hard.
现在有了现在的认知,我可能会做出不同的选择,但我不会抛弃你。
I might choose something differently now with what I know, but I'm not going to throw you away.
再吸一口气。
And another breath.
你还可以加上:你是我的故事的一部分。
And you might add, you're part of my story.
你属于这里。
You belong.
我们是一支队伍。
We're on the same team.
我再保持这种感觉一会儿。
I stay with that for just another moment.
当你准备好了,就可以放下这个画面。
And then when you're ready, you can release the image.
让你的手回到原来的位置。
Let your hand rest back where it was.
如果你的眼睛是闭着的,现在可以重新睁开。
And if your eyes were closed, you can just open them again.
再深呼吸一次,然后安稳地沉浸其中。
Take one more breath and just settle into that.
因此,这种转向而非回避的简单行为,是后续一切的基础。
So that simple act of of turning toward instead of away is the foundation for everything that comes next.
因为在我们讨论如何以不同的方式重新开始之前,在我们谈论任何未来的实验或框架之前,我们先从这里开始。
Because before we talk about how to begin again differently, before we talk about any any future experiments or frameworks, we start here.
我们拒绝在新的一年伊始,就向度过这一年的自己宣战。
We refuse to begin the New Year by declaring war on the person who lived this one.
让我再说一遍。
Let me say that again.
我们拒绝在新的一年伊始,就向度过这一年的自己宣战。
We refuse to begin the New Year by declaring war on the person who lived this one.
你无法在自我否定的基础上建立美好的生活。
You don't build a good life on top of self rejection.
你要用自己真实经历过的完整、杂乱、美好,有时甚至痛苦的真相来构建它。
You build it with the the full, messy, beautiful, sometimes painful truth of who you've actually been.
那么,我们来谈一谈身份吧。
So let's talk about identity for a minute.
不是那种宏大的哲学意义上的身份,而是非常实际的、日常生活中的一种认知:我相信自己是一个怎样的人?
Not in the big philosophical sense, but in the just very practical day to day sense of what kind of person do I believe I am?
我的意思是,大多数喧嚣浮华的新年文化都痴迷于抱负。
I mean, most of the loud, shiny, New Year culture is obsessed with aspiration.
明年,我将成为那种能把x做得完美的人。
Next year, I will become the kind of person who does x perfectly.
我将变得更有纪律性、更有条理、更高效、更灵性、总之各方面都变得更好。
I will become more disciplined, more organized, more productive, more spiritual, more everything, basically.
当然,渴望成长本身并没有错。
Like, there's nothing wrong with wanting to grow.
当然,深思熟虑的框架和支持成长的架构绝对有其存在的价值。
And again, there's absolutely a place for thoughtful frameworks and scaffolding that supports growth.
我自己也花了大量时间开发并实践这些框架。
I spent a lot of time developing them myself and practicing them myself.
但是,当你只问自己明年想成为什么样的人,却从不审视自己实际的样子时,就会遇到问题。
But but when you only ask who do I want to be next year without ever looking at who you've actually been, you run into a problem.
你可能会选择那些虽令人向往、却与你的生活现实完全脱节的身份认同——这些选择基于攀比压力或营销宣传,与你的神经系统所经历的相去甚远,以至于它们感觉像是一套戏服。
You risk choosing identities that are aspirational but completely disconnected from your lived reality based on a a comparison pressure or marketing so far from what your nervous system has experienced that they feel like a costume.
如果多年来你的内心独白一直是‘我就是那种无法坚持到底的人’,现在却强迫自己变成一个从不缺席的高效机器,这简直是一个巨大的跳跃。
So if for years your quiet story has been, oh, I'm just not someone who follows through trying to force yourself into, I'm a high performance machine who never misses a day, that's a pretty big leap.
你的大脑太聪明了,不会相信这套说辞。
Your brain is too smart for that.
它不会买账的。
It's not gonna buy it.
所以,与其在1月1日凭空捏造一个全新的身份,不如我们先留意一下那些正在悄然浮现的、你本来就已经拥有的身份?
So instead of inventing a brand new identity out of thin air on January 1, I mean, what if we started by just noticing the identity that's already trying to emerge?
如果我们不是先问‘我将成为谁’,而是先问‘今年在我最真实、最美好的时刻里,我已经是怎样的人’呢?
What if before asking who will I be, we asked who have I already been in my best truest moments this year?
让我们来探索一下这个方向。
So let's explore that.
如果你能回顾过去一年,寻找那些你想要成为的人的片段——不是理想化的形态,而是那些微小而真实的瞬间。
If you can think back over your year and look for glimpses of the person you wanna be, not in some idealized form, but in a tiny real human moments.
我的意思是,也许是在那一天,你终于面对了一直在逃避的艰难对话,依然保持了善意与诚实;或者是在待办清单催促你继续工作时,你选择了休息;又或者,你离开了一个并不合适的情境。
I mean, maybe it was, you know, the day you had a hard conversation you've been avoiding and you stayed kind and honest, or the time that you chose rest over yet another hour of work, even though the to do list was screaming at you or the the, you know, the moment that you you walked away from a situation that wasn't okay.
那个晚上,你和孩子、朋友或伴侣玩耍,真正地让自己沉浸其中,或者也许是某个早晨,你出去散了会儿步。
The evening that you you play with your kids or your friends or your partner and actually let yourself be present, or or maybe it was the morning that you went for a short walk.
不是因为你‘应该’锻炼,而是因为你的身体只是想要新鲜空气。
Not because you, quote, should exercise, but because your body just wanted fresh air.
或者你花了一小时做点什么——写作、烹饪、建造、绘画。
Or the hour that you spent making something, writing, cooking, building, drawing.
对我来说,今年的很多时间都花在了金属工艺上,说来奇怪,这是我生活中全新的事情,只是因为做起来感觉很好。
For me, a lot of this year was metalsmithing, weirdly enough, brand new thing in my life, just because it felt good.
这些时刻可能很微小。
These moments may have been small.
它们可能没出现在你的高光时刻集锦里。
They might not have made your highlight reel.
你可能已经忘了它们,但它们都是身份的线索。
You might have forgotten them, but they're identity clues.
它们在说:嘿。
They're saying, hey.
这也是你。
This is also you.
这就是你正在成为的人。
This is who you're becoming.
所以,如果你愿意,甚至可以把这些变成一些安静的自我认同陈述。
So if you like, you can even turn these into sort of, like, quiet identity statements.
比如,我是一个以关怀的方式说真话的人,或者我是一个正在学习尊重自己界限的人。
You know, things like, I am someone who tells the truth with care, or I am someone who is learning to honor my limits.
我是一个即使跌倒了也会一次次回来的人,或者我是一个深深关心身边人的人。
I am someone who keeps coming back even after I fall off, or I'm someone who cares deeply about my people.
我是一个正在慢慢而完美地倾听自己身体的人。
I'm someone who is slowly and perfectly listening to my body.
我是一个即使以微小的方式也在创造事物的人。
I'm I'm someone who creates things even in tiny ways.
我的意思是,注意这里的语言。
I mean, notice the language here.
展开剩余字幕(还有 187 条)
我是一个正在学习如何填补空白的人。
I am someone who is learning to fill in the blank.
我们并不是直接跳向完美。
We're not jumping straight to perfection.
我们是在承认某种趋势,就像一个方向。
We're acknowledging a certain trajectory, like a direction.
当你这样做时,我想说得非常清楚。
And as you do this, I wanna be really clear.
我们目前还没有设计新的目标。
We're not designing new goals yet.
我们还没有锁定一个宏大的计划。
We're not locking in a big plan.
我们并没有在进行新年规划。
We're not doing New Year strategy.
接下来的几集会以一种你以前从未听过的不同方式帮助你实现这些,同时我们也会反复回顾所有工具和框架。
That's what the next couple of episodes will actually help out with in a very different way than you've heard before, along with all the tools and frameworks that we will revisit over time.
我过去几年分享过的一些内容,比如成功的支撑体系。
Things that I've shared in past years like success scaffolding.
现在,我们只是在观察:今年我已经在哪些方面展现出与我真正想要的生活相一致的状态?
Right now, we're simply noticing who have I already been this year in ways that feel aligned with the life I actually want.
因为当你带着这些证据步入下一年时,整个对话就会发生变化。
Because when you walk into the next year holding that evidence, it just changes the conversation.
你不是在说,我必须变成一个完全全新的人。
You're not saying I have to become an entirely new person.
你是在说,我已经在某些时刻展现出过这样的人格。
You're saying, I've already been this person in flashes.
我该如何继续尊重我生命中的这一部分?
How can I keep honoring that part of me?
我很乐意分享一个非常简单的排尿仪式,你现在就可以和我一起做,或者等你有更多时间时再回来做。
And I love to offer a a very simple urine ritual that you can do with me now or or come back to later when you have more time maybe.
所以,如果你可以的话,请拿一个笔记本,或者打开你最喜欢的笔记应用,无论是在手机还是其他设备上。
So if you're able, grab a notebook, grab your favorite note app, whatever it is on your phone or your device.
最近我一直在笔记应用和纸笔之间来回切换,其实是纸和铅笔。
I've actually been kind of flipping back and forth between note apps and and paper and pen or actually paper and pencil lately.
今年夏天我们去日本待了一段时间,我渐渐爱上了日本的文具、笔记本和超棒的铅笔。
We spent some time in Japan over this summer, and I kinda fell in love with Japanese stationery and notebooks and super cool pencils.
我是个怪咖,对这类东西特别着迷。
I'm a weird nerd, and I geek out over stuff like that.
所以我一直在慢慢找回对精美自动铅笔和纸张的热爱。
So I've been slowly kinda finding my way back to beautiful mechanical pencils and paper.
尽管我以前一直是电子笔记爱好者,用笔记应用记录一切,都不知道积累了成千上万条笔记。
Even though I had been an electronic notes person, like I use my notes app for everything, can't imagine how many thousands of notes I have.
所以你可以试着玩一玩,看看哪种方式让你觉得更舒服,稍微做点轻松的笔记和思考。
So maybe play around with this a little bit, like just what feels right to to do a little bit of playful note taking and and thought here.
对吧?
Right?
如果你现在不想写下来,也完全没关系。
So and if you don't wanna write this down right now, that's completely fine.
只需静心聆听。
Just listen in.
认真听。
Listen in.
随我一同前行。
Travel along.
在脑海中走一遍。
Walk through this mentally.
你随时可以回头再看。
You can always go back for it.
这并不是要你创建一份完美详尽的年度回顾。
This isn't about creating perfect exhaustive review of your year.
这只是花几分钟时间,以不同的方式与自己建立连接。
It's just about taking a few minutes to relate to yourself differently.
我们将依次探讨这三个问题,稍后广告结束后马上回来。
And we'll move through these these three questions, and we'll be right back after a word from our sponsors.
嘿。
Hey.
如果你正在听这个,心里想着:好吧。
If you're listening to this and thinking, okay.
我想继续参与这个对话,并进一步深入下去。
I wanna stay with this conversation and keep building on it.
这里有一个简单的想法。
Here is a simple idea.
在 Apple 播客上关注 Good Life Project。
Follow Good Life Project on Apple Podcasts.
这样,这些剧集就会在你需要的时候自动出现,而无需你特意记住或搜索。
That way, these episodes, they just show up for you when you need them without having to remember or search.
尤其是这个新年系列,每一集都紧密承接上一集,专为契合你生活中的真实时刻而设计。
Especially with this New Year series, each episode really does build on the last, and it's designed to meet you right where your life actually happens.
所以,请花一点时间,在 Apple 播客上关注我们,或者直接点击节目说明中的链接。
So take a moment, follow us on Apple Podcasts, or just click the link in the show notes.
所以第一个问题。
So question one.
什么想要被看见?
What wants to be seen?
什么想要被看见?
What wants to be seen?
我知道这个问题有点奇怪。
I know it's a little bit of a weird question.
什么想要被看见?
What wants to be seen?
现在深呼吸一下。
Now take a breath.
回顾这一年,有哪些时刻一直牵动着你?
Now looking back over this year, what moments keep tugging at your sleeve?
可能会有一些时刻、举动、失去、胜利或转变。
There might be moments, moves, losses, wins, transitions.
可能有一些微小而安静的场景,不知为何总在你脑海中反复浮现,或者让你久久难忘。
There might be small quiet scenes that for some reason just keep playing in your mind's eye or they they stick with you.
即使这些事几乎发生在一年前,但当你想起它们时,依然如昨日般鲜活。
It could have happened almost a year ago, but they're still fresh as day when you just think about them.
我给你几个可以参考的类别。
I'll give you a few categories that you can play with.
也许这也会有所帮助。
Maybe this will help also.
可能是一个让你感到骄傲的时刻、一个让你后悔的时刻、一个让你惊讶的时刻、一个令你心碎的时刻,甚至不一定是因为发生在你身上的事,也可能只是你目睹的场景。
Maybe a moment that you're proud of, a moment you regret, a moment that surprised you, maybe a moment that broke your heart, maybe not even because something that happened to you or maybe it's just something that you witnessed.
可能是一个让你感受到生命强烈律动的时刻。
Maybe a a moment that made you feel deeply alive.
你不需要在这里写下完整的故事。
And you don't have to write the whole story here.
这并不是要逐字逐句地记录下发生了什么。
It's not about recording a verbatim, you know, dictation of exactly what happened.
只需一个词或简短短语,就能唤起每个瞬间的画面。
Just a word or a short phrase that brings each moment to mind.
就像某种能触发你再次看到那个场景的东西。
Just like something that triggers you to see that scene again.
所以,给自己一分钟时间。
So give yourself a minute here.
如果你想暂停,完全没问题。
If you wanna hit pause, totally cool.
先做这个,然后再回来。
Do this and come back.
或者,你也可以直接听完,之后再回到这里,花时间慢慢完成。
Or, again, you can just listen through and then come back to this place and then spend time and do it.
实际上,就来做这个练习吧。
Actually, do the exercise.
这就带我们来到第二个问题。
So that brings us to question number two.
这些时刻想告诉你什么?
What are these moments trying to tell you?
现在看看其中一两个时刻,轻轻问自己:这让我明白了什么对我重要?
Now look at one or two of those moments and gently ask, what did this show me about what matters to me?
对吧?
Right?
我再分享一下这两点。
I'm gonna share those two things again.
所以关键问题是,这些时刻想告诉你什么?
So the big question is, what are these moments trying to tell you?
对吧?
Right?
现在看看其中一两个时刻。
And now look at one or two of those.
如果愿意,就选一个,然后轻轻问自己关于它的事。
Just pick one if you want and then gently ask about it.
这让我明白了什么对我重要?
What did this show me about what matters to me?
所以我们现在要深入一层。
So we're going a layer deeper here.
这不仅仅是发生了什么,而是这件事向我揭示了什么对我重要?
It's not just what happened to me, but what did this reveal to me about what matters to me?
这非常重要,但我们几乎从不这么做。
This is so important and we rarely ever do it.
也许那种遗憾向你展示了你多么重视诚实。
Maybe maybe that regret shows you how deeply you value honesty.
也许那个自豪的时刻,它让你意识到自己其实拥有比你想象中更多的勇气。
Maybe the proud moment, it it shows you how much courage you actually have that you didn't think you had.
也许那种心碎揭示了连接对你有多重要,或者那个令人惊讶的时刻让你发现你比自己想象的更坚韧。
Maybe that heartbreak, it reveals how important connection is to you, or maybe that surprising moment shows you that you're more resilient than you thought.
对吧?
Right?
那么接着问,这件事向我揭示了我需要什么?
So then ask, what did this show me about what I need?
对吧?
Right?
第一部分,这件事向我揭示了什么对我重要?
So the first part, what did this show me about what matters to me?
那么现在,这个时刻向我揭示了我需要什么?
And now what did this moment show me about what I need?
也许你意识到自己需要比想象中更多的休息、更多的界限、更多的创作时间,或更多的支持。
So maybe you learned that you need more rest than you thought or more boundaries, more creative time, more support.
我想我们大多数人,在我们逐步深入这个过程时,都很需要这些。
I think a lot of us could use most of those things as I'm as we're kinda walking through this.
对吧?
Right?
最后,这里是最后一个子问题。
And finally, here's the final sort of sub question here.
当生活变得艰难时,这让我了解到我是如何应对的?
And what did this show me about how I respond when life gets hard?
当生活变得艰难时,这让我了解到我是如何应对的?
And what did this show me about how I respond when life gets hard?
对于很多人来说,在过去的一年里,无论以何种方式,生活确实变得艰难了。
Which for many of us, over the last year, in some way, shape, or form, it has.
有一个时刻,我们将其与之关联,它让我看清了自己在生活艰难时的反应方式。
And there is a moment that we associate it with that shows me something about how I respond when life gets hard.
我们回答这个问题时,不是带着评判,也不是去评判自己的反应,而是仅仅把它当作一种信息。
And we answer this not as a judgment, not to judge how we responded, but just as information.
对吧?
Right?
它可能会告诉你,哦,当生活变得艰难时,我会退缩。
It might tell you that, oh, when life gets hard, I pull away.
或者我会硬撑,然后彻底崩溃,这通常是我的默认反应。
Or I power through and then I crash hard, which tends to be my default often.
我会感到焦虑,或者去拿手机。
I get anxious or I reach for my phone.
我会向一个值得信赖的人寻求帮助,或者进入解决问题模式。
I reach out to one trusted person or I go into fix it mode.
对吧?
Right?
在书写时,你甚至可以软化语言。
You can even soften the language as you write.
所以,与其说‘我根本不擅长x y z’,不如说‘当我面对……时,常常感到吃力’。
So instead of, well, I'm terrible at x y z, maybe just I tend to struggle when, fill in the blank.
与其说‘我完全没有意志力’,不如说‘当我遇到……时,容易感到不知所措’。
Instead of I have no willpower, maybe I get overwhelmed when dot dot dot.
对吧?
Right?
我们这里不是在下判决。
Again, we're not handing down verdicts here.
我们只是在阅读反馈表。
We're just reading the feedback form.
所以,暂停一下。
So so pause.
如果你愿意,你可以继续听下去,然后当你准备好时,再用你的笔记应用、笔和纸、铅笔或笔记本,花些时间仔细聆听,回顾这些线索、问题和提示,暂停并进行思考。
And if you want, again, you know, you can just keep listening through, and then go back when you're ready with your notes app or your pen and paper or pencil or notebook, whatever it may be, and really just spend some time listening, reviewing the cues here, the questions, prompts, hitting pause, and then doing the work.
当这些内容浮现时,它们非常美好,而我们赋予它们的视角也同样美好。
It's beautiful what comes up, and it's beautiful the frame that we bring to it when it does.
这把我们带到了这里的第三个宏观问题。
That brings us to the third sort of like meta question here.
我希望带着怎样的自己步入明年?
What part of me do I want to walk into next year with?
再次问一下,我希望带着怎样的自己步入明年?
Again, what part of me do I want to walk into next year with?
因此,对于每一个时刻,尤其是那些艰难的时刻,你可以问:在这里出现的,是我想保留的哪个部分的我?
So for each of those moments, especially the hard ones, you can ask, what part of me showed up here that I actually want to keep?
对吧?
Right?
也许在那场艰难的对话中,展现出来的部分是你的勇气。
Maybe in that in that tough conversation, the part of you that showed up, it was courage.
也许在那份遗憾中,当你回想起那个时刻,现在浮现出来的是你的良知,是你想要变得更好的愿望。
Maybe in that regret, that moment that brought the regret when you think back on it, the part that's showing up now is your conscience, your desire to do better.
也许在那场失去中,展现出来的部分是你爱的能力。
Maybe in in that loss, the part that showed up was your capacity to love.
也许在那个自豪的时刻,展现出来的部分是你的创造力、你的坚持和你的温柔。
Maybe in that proud moment, the part the part that showed up was your creativity, your persistence, your tenderness.
试着写一句简单的话。
See if you can just write one simple sentence.
我将带着我的______部分步入明年,填上那个属于我的______部分。
I'm walking into next year with my blank part, fill in that part of me that blank.
对吧?
Right?
我带着我的空白部分,那个我内心的空白,步入明年。
I'm walking into next year with my blank, the part of me that blank.
现在我举一些例子,让你明白我在说什么。
Now here are some examples so you get what I'm talking about.
我带着我的勇气步入明年。
I'm walking into next year with my courage.
那个即使声音颤抖也依然说出真相的我。
The part of me that told the truth even when my voice was shaking.
我带着我的温柔步入明年。
I'm walking into next year with my tenderness.
那个在没有答案时仍与朋友一同哭泣的我。
The part of me that cried with my friend when I didn't have the answers.
我带着我的坚持步入明年。
I'm walking into next year with my persistence.
那个即使跌出计划也依然不断回来的我。
The part of me that just kept coming back even after I fell off the plan.
我带着好奇心步入明年。
I'm walking into next year with my curiosity.
那个问我‘我能从中学到什么?’的部分。
The part of me that asked, what can I learn from this?
而不是仅仅问‘我哪里出了问题?’
Instead of just, what is wrong with me?
顺便说一下,你不需要在这里写出完美的句子。
You don't need to nail the perfect sentence here, by the way.
这仅仅是让你意识到,我不是空着手步入新年的。
This is just you acknowledging, I'm not walking into the New Year empty.
我带了一些东西同行。
I'm bringing something with me.
如果你希望花更多时间思考这个,可以随时暂停,正如我所说,或者稍后带着一杯茶、咖啡、抹茶——任何让你开心的饮品,找一个安静的角落坐下来,为自己创造更多空间,真正地去思考这些问题,看看脑海中浮现什么,如果你习惯这样思考的话。
And if you wanna spend more time with this, feel free to pause here, as I said, or come back later with a cup of tea, cup of coffee, matcha, whatever it is that makes you happy, a quiet corner, sit down, and just create a little bit more space to actually walk through these questions and either think through what comes to mind if that's your mode.
如果你习惯写下来,那就把它写下来。
Write it down if that's your mode.
如果这是你的习惯,就打出来。
Type it out if that's your mode.
对吧?
Right?
这个邀请是不要让这个时刻从你身边溜走。
The invitation is to not just let this moment pass you by.
所以当我们即将结束这段对话时,我想回到我们一开始的话题。
So as we start to land this conversation, I kinda wanna circle back to where we began.
新年励志语录行业会试图让你相信,你必须变成另一个人。
The the New Year quote industry will try to sell you on this idea that you gotta become someone else.
那个过去的你是个问题,也许就是问题本身。
That the quote old you is a problem, maybe the problem.
你的过去就是包袱。
That your past is is baggage.
你的失误证明了你落后了。
That your missteps are proof that, you know, you're behind.
天哪。
Oh my god.
多年来,我在生活的方方面面都深信自己落后了这个谎言,而今年我正好满60岁,才开始慢慢摆脱那种觉得自己落后的感受,这对我来说依然是一个正在进行的过程。
I have bought into this myth of falling behind in my own life in so many ways for so many years, and literally turning 60 this year, I'm just beginning to shed that feeling that I'm behind in my own life, and it is still a work in progress for me.
所以,我想在这里提供一种不同的视角。
So I wanna offer here a different lens.
你不需要一张白纸。
You don't need a clean slate.
你需要的是一面诚实的镜子。
You need an honest one.
你需要的是那个曾经努力过、跌倒过、又重新站起来的自己。
You need the you who has who who's tried and stumbled and and gotten back up.
你需要的是那个爱过、失去过,然后再次去爱的自己。
The you who has loved and lost and and then loved again.
我是说,那个做出过让你骄傲的选择、也做过让你后悔的决定,但依然在这里倾听的你——这已经向我说明了一切。
I mean, the you who has who's made choices that you're proud of and choices you regret and is still here listening, which tells me everything I need to know.
对吧?
Right?
你不是一个一月开始修复、二月就放弃的项目。
You are not a project to be fixed in January and abandoned by February.
你是一个不断前行的人。
You are a human in motion.
过去的你——那些你钦佩的和那些你宁愿忘记的——并不是你未来的障碍。
The past yous, the ones you admire and the ones you'd rather forget, they're not the obstacle to your future.
它们是你最宝贵的资源。
They're your greatest resource.
所以今年,别把所谓的‘过去的你’拖到路边扔掉,也许该请它们进来。
So instead of dragging, quote, old you out to the curb this year, maybe invite them in.
问问自己:你一直想向我展示什么?
Ask yourself, what have you been trying to show me?
你学到了什么是我需要知道的?
What did you learn that I need to know?
我们如何才能真正携手步入下一个篇章?
How can we really walk together into this next chapter?
因为唯一能迈入未来一年的人,就是此刻的你,带着你真实拥有的过往。
Because the only person who can step into the year ahead is the person you are right now with the history you actually have.
所以在下一期节目中——我相信会是在明年1月1日,也就是下个星期四——我们将讨论我称之为‘非决议’的东西。
So in our next episode, which airs, I believe it's actually on January 1, next Thursday, we're going to talk about something that I call the unresolution.
我们将探索如何重新开始,而不把人生变成一套僵化的规则或一场非赢即输的考试,如何以顺应人性而非对抗人性的方式应对改变。
We'll explore what it might look like to begin again without turning a life into a rigid list of rules or a test you either pass or fail, how to approach change in a way that works with your humanity instead of against it.
再之后的一周,我们将深入探讨我所说的‘足够之年’。
And then the week after that, we'll dive into what I call the year of enough.
这场对话将真正探讨,如何从一种完全不同的内在状态来度过即将到来的一年。
And that conversation, it's all about really what it means to live this coming year from a very different place internally.
一种信念:你当下的样子和你所拥有的,足以成为丰富、有意义且深度满足的人生的起点,而不是总觉得自己落后、不够好。
A sense that who you are and what you have right now can become the starting point for a rich, a meaningful, a deeply satisfying life rather than constantly feeling like you're behind and not enough.
所有这些都将与我们多年来所进行的更结构性、更实际的工作并行,比如‘成功支撑体系’,我可能会在本月稍后或第一季度初期与你们进一步分享。
And all of that is meant to sit alongside the more structural practical work that we've done over the years with things like success scaffolding, which I may share with you further in the month or a little further into the first quarter.
对吧?
Right?
把这看作是拓宽基础、软化地面,这样当你迈入新的一年时,你所搭建的任何支撑结构都能落在一个坚实而富有同情心的平台上。
Think of this as widening the foundation and softening the ground so that any scaffolding you build has a solid compassionate place to land as you step into this new year.
因为我们所有人都需要脚下更坚实的大地,以及将自己包裹在内的温柔关怀。
Because we all need more solid ground beneath our feet and compassion to wrap ourselves in.
但这两场即将播出的节目都建立在这一理念之上。
But both of those upcoming episodes rest on this one.
建立在你此刻的意愿之上——当你告别这一年时,对自己说:我不需要抹去自己才能重新开始。
On your willingness right now, as you close out this year to say, I don't need to erase myself to begin again.
我可以从真实的自己出发,而这已足以支撑前方的旅程。
I can start from who I actually am, and that is enough for the journey ahead.
所以在你度过这一年最后的几天时,或许可以放下对完美空白画布的幻想。
So as you move through these last days of the year, maybe skip the fantasy of the perfectly clean slate.
而是选择接受真实的那一面。
Take the real one instead.
那是一块布满故事、墨迹斑驳、沾满泪水与笑声的 slate,它才是真正能带你走向真实生活的那块。
The one crowded with stories, lined with ink, smudged with tears and laughter, that's the slate that can actually carry you into a life that feels true.
感谢你在这里,感谢你倾听,感谢你与我一同进行这份内在的功课。
So thanks for being here, for listening, for doing this inner work alongside me.
我将与你一同步入新的一年,请务必在你收听播客的任何平台关注我们,以免错过接下来的两期节目。
I'm walking with you into this next year, and be sure to make sure that you are following along in whatever place that you get your podcasts so you do not miss the next two episodes.
你一定会想细细品味这些内容,享受它们如何帮助我们共同为即将到来的一年做好准备,下周再见。
You're definitely gonna wanna drink them in and enjoy how they'll help us all set up the year to come, and I will see you here again next week.
《美好生活》这一期节目由执行制片人林赛·福克斯和我,乔纳森·菲尔德共同制作。
This episode of Good Life Project was produced by executive producers Lindsey Fox and me, Jonathan Fields.
编辑协助由亚历杭德罗·拉米雷斯和特洛伊·杨提供,克里斯托弗·卡特为本节目创作了主题音乐。
Editing help by Alejandro Ramirez and Troy Young, Christopher Carter crafted our theme music.
当然,如果你还没有的话,请立即在你最爱的收听应用或YouTube上关注《美好生活》。
And, of course, if you haven't already done so, please go ahead and follow Good Life Project in your favorite listening app or on YouTube too.
如果你觉得这场对话有趣、有价值且鼓舞人心,那很可能是因为你此刻仍在聆听。
If you found this conversation interesting or valuable and inspiring, chances are you did because you're still listening here.
帮我个忙,只需七秒钟,分享给一个人。
Do me a personal favor, a seven second favor, share it with just one person.
我的意思是,如果你愿意分享给更多人,那当然更好,但哪怕只分享给一个人,然后邀请他们和你聊聊你们共同发现的东西,重新连接,探索真正重要的想法,因为这才是我们共同焕发生机的方式。
I mean, you wanna share it with more, that's awesome too, but just one person even, then invite them to talk with you about what you've both discovered, to reconnect and explore ideas that really matter, because that's how we all come alive together.
下次再见,我是乔纳森·菲尔德,为《美好生活项目》告别。
Until next time, I'm Jonathan Fields signing off for Good Life Project.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。