本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
ABC,听好了。
ABC listen.
嗨。
Hi.
我是Nidge。
I'm Nidge.
今天在《想象一下》哦,你感冒了吗?
And today on Imagine This Oh, do you have the sniffles?
我有
I have
鼻涕。
snots.
我鼻子会特别堵。
I get super snotty.
哦,我们可以重来一次。
Oh, we can start again.
不。
Nope.
我准备好了。
I'm ready.
哦,好吧。
Oh, okay.
那么,今天在《想象一下》节目中,我们要非常好奇地聊聊鼻涕。
Well, today on Imagine This, we're getting very nosy and talking about snot.
鼻屎。
Boogles.
鼻屎鼻屎,鼻涕鼻涕。
Boogie boogie snot snot.
你对鼻涕有很多问题。
You have loads of questions about snot.
你好。
Hi.
我是朱德,六岁。
I am Jude, and I'm six years old.
我想知道什么是鼻涕,鼻屎是什么,以及会从鼻子里出来什么。
And I want to know what is not, what are boogers, and what will come out of your nose.
你好。
Hi.
我叫克拉斯。
My name's Klas.
我六岁。
I'm six years old.
我的问题是大鼻屎有什么用,它们是怎么形成的?
And my question is what are Biggers for and how are they made?
你好。
Hi.
我是伊莉莎,五岁。
I'm Eliza, and I'm five years old.
我想知道鼻涕是怎么长回来的。
I wanna know how snot grows back again.
嗨。
Hi.
我叫埃德温,六岁。
My name's Edwin, and I'm six years old.
我们为什么有鼻涕?
Why do we have snot?
嗨。
Hi.
我叫佩内洛普,七岁。
I'm Penelope, and I'm seven years old.
我想知道鼻涕是什么?
And I want to know what is snot?
鼻屎是什么?
What are boogers?
为什么它会从你的鼻子出来?
Why does it come out of your nose?
这么多鼻涕问题。
So many snotty questions.
我知道谁可以帮我们解答。
I know who can help us with this.
认识我的朋友,金·默菲副教授。
Meet my friend, associate professor Kim Murphy.
她是一位医学科学家,也算是个鼻涕专家。
She's a medical scientist and a bit of a snot specialist.
我觉得鼻涕专家就是经常碰鼻涕的人。
I think a snot specialist is someone who touches snot a lot.
也许她喜欢纸巾?
Maybe she likes the tissues?
哦,不。
Oh, no.
你先自己留着纸巾吧。
You can keep your tissues to yourself for now.
你好,金医生。
Hi, doctor Kim.
你能帮我们回答一些关于鼻涕的问题吗?
Can you help us answer a bunch of questions about snot?
当然可以。
I sure can.
但最好的地方可能是在黏液工厂里。
But the best place to do it is probably inside the slime factory.
黏液。
Slime.
我喜欢做黏液。
I love making slime.
做出来吧。
Make them.
我们即将参观的这个黏液工厂实际上是一个鼻子。
And the slime factory we're visiting is actually a nose.
一个鼻子。
A nose.
我们要进入一个鼻子里面吗?
Are we going inside a nose?
没错。
Yep.
所以我们需要想象自己变得非常小。
So we need to imagine ourselves really small.
小到我们所有人都能塞进一个鼻子里。
Small enough for all of us to fit inside a nose.
我们走吧。
Let's go.
好滑啊。
It's so slippery.
感觉黏糊糊的。
It feels slimy.
这是鼻孔吗?
Is this a nostril?
这实际上是鼻孔旁边的一个腺体。
It's actually a gland next door to the nostril.
腺体是什么?
What's a gland?
腺体就像是人体内的小口袋,它们会充满我们身体产生的所有液体,比如汗水、眼泪、唾液和
Glands are like little pockets in human bodies, and they fill up with all the fluids we make, like sweat, tears, saliva, and
乳汁。
milk.
鼻涕呢?
What about snot?
对。
Yep.
你想帮忙做一点吗?
Do you wanna help make some?
当然。
Yeah.
你可以用剃须膏、胶水和亮片来做 slime。
You can make slime with shaving cream with glue and glitter.
这些是关于你玩的 slime 的有趣建议,但它并不是用不同原料制成的。
They're fun suggestions for the slime you play with, but it's not as made from different ingredients.
所以我们需要什么?
So what do we need?
首先,需要大量的水。
First up, lots of water.
给你。
Here you
好了。
go.
我们还需要几撮盐。
We also need a few pinches of salt.
那胡椒呢?
What about pepper?
不要胡椒,但我们需要一大勺蛋白质。
No pepper, but we do need a big dollop of proteins.
蛋白质?
Proteins?
它们是什么?
What are they?
蛋白质就像是我们身体里的小积木。
Proteins are like little building blocks inside our bodies.
它们帮助我们成长并保持强壮。
They help us grow and stay strong.
搅拌。
Mix.
搅拌。
Mix.
搅拌。
Mix.
黏糊糊的。
Sticky.
嘿。
Hey.
黏液变得更黏了。
The slime is getting stickier.
是啊。
Yeah.
蛋白质让它变黏了。
The proteins make it sticky.
所以鼻涕就是一种黏黏的黏液吗?
So is snot just a type of sticky slime?
正确的名称是鼻黏液。
The proper name is nasal mucus.
我们身体的许多部位,比如眼睛、耳朵和肚子,都有不同类型的黏液。
We have different sorts of mucus in lots of our body parts, parts, like our eyes, ears, and tummies.
但我们鼻子里的黏液被我们昵称为鼻涕。
But the mucus in our nose is what we've nicknamed snot.
我简直不敢相信我正在摸鼻涕。
I can't believe I'm touching snot.
是啊。
Yeah.
我们现在拿这些鼻涕怎么办?
What do we do with this snot now?
我们要把它全部倒掉。
We're gonna tip it all out.
什么?
What?
不。
No.
这个结需要放在别的地方。
This knot is needed somewhere else.
哪里?
Where?
隔壁。
Next door.
在鼻孔里?
In the nostril?
是的。
Yep.
好的。
Okay.
我们把它倒出来吧。
Let's tip it out.
它来了。
Here it comes.
它从这里飞出去了。
It's flying out of here.
太好了。
Great.
现在,让我们坐好,顺着它滑出去。
Now, let's sit on our bums and slide out with it.
从鼻涕里滑过去?
Slide through the snot?
对。
Yep.
像一条鼻涕滑梯?
Like a snotty water slide?
鼻涕飞行。
A snot fly.
一条鼻涕滑梯。
A snot slippery dip.
这有点恶心。
That's a bit gross.
我们走吧。
Let's go.
好的。
Alright.
哇。
Wee.
哇哦。
Woo hoo.
哇。
Wee.
我们到了。
We're here.
这里有点暗。
It's kind of dark here.
我们在一个洞里吗?
Are we in a cave?
你好。
Hello.
大家都在家吗?
Is everyone home?
欢迎
Welcome
来到鼻孔。
to the nostril.
这里毛茸茸的。
It's very hairy.
这里确实很潮湿。
Sure is dab in here.
这都要归功于我们的鼻涕。
All thanks to our snot.
地上有鼻涕。
There's snot on the floor.
流鼻涕。
Snotting.
呃。
Ew.
没错。
Yep.
我们分泌鼻涕的一个原因是让鼻腔内部保持滑润。
One reason we make snot is to keep the insides of our noses slippery.
这样我们就能滑来滑去。
So we can slide around.
如果我们的鼻孔太干燥,就会发疼,尤其是呼吸时有大量空气通过的时候。
If our nostrils are too dry, they can get sore, especially with all the wind passing through when we breathe in and out.
我觉得这个鼻子的主人现在可能正在深吸一口气。
I think the owner of this nose might be taking a big breath in right now.
快点。
Quick.
抓住一根鼻毛。
Grab onto one of the nostril hairs.
抓紧了。
Hold on tight.
风好大。
Pretty windy.
鼻孔也有点像空调。
Nostrils are also a bit like air conditioners.
里面的鼻涕有助于让空气变暖、变湿,呼吸更顺畅。
Snot inside helps make the air warm, moist, and smoother to breathe.
空气最后去哪了?
Where does the air go?
从鼻子进去,然后进入肺部。
Up the nose and down into the lungs.
我们可不想被吸进去。
We don't wanna get sucked down there.
呼。
Phew.
嘿。
Hey.
刚才那口大喘气有没有对鼻涕产生什么影响?
Did the air in that big breath just do something to the snot?
全都结块了。
It's all chunky.
哦,是啊。
Oh, yeah.
所有那些空气把鼻涕弄干了。
All that air has dried out the snot.
它已经变成了有些人所说的鼻屎。
It's turned into what some people call a booger.
对。
Right.
金,我们应该挖鼻屎吗?
Kim, should we pick our boogers?
如果你挖鼻子,鼻涕就会很顺畅。
If you pick your nose, it snots nice.
偶尔擤鼻涕或挖鼻屎是可以的,但你的鼻孔是很敏感的部位。
It's okay to blow or pick your nose every now and then, but your nostrils are sensitive places.
它们很容易被刮伤,或者不小心把细菌推到里面。
They're easy to scratch or accidentally push some germs up inside.
也许有人该告诉这个鼻子的主人这一点。
Maybe someone needs to tell the owner of this nose about that.
那是个巨大的手指。
It's a giant finger.
它正直直地朝我们来
It's coming straight
了。
for us.
嗨。
Hi.
在这块鼻涕后面。
Behind this booger.
小心。
Look out.
哦,它弄到一个大大的金色的了。
Oh, it got a big golden one.
如果你吃了它,那就太恶心了。
It would be disgusting if you ate it.
金,
Kim,
我们该吃鼻涕吗?
should we eat our boogers?
鼻涕主要是干燥的蛋白质和盐,所以其实没什么害处。
Well, boogers are mostly dried proteins and salt, so it's not really harmful.
但它们可能含有灰尘、血液或细菌,所以还是吃正规食物比较好。
But they might have dirt or blood or germs in them, so you should stick to proper food.
鼻涕从透明变成了棕色。
The snot's turning from clear to brown.
当灰尘进入我们的鼻子时,就会发生这种情况,这也可能让我们
That can happen when dirt or dust gets up our nose, and that can also make us
大家聚在一起。
Everyone, huddle together.
我觉得我们要打喷嚏了。
I think we're about to be sneezed.
我们正在空气下方飞行。
We're flying under the air.
我们被吸进去了。
We're getting sucked in.
现在我们又被吸进另一个鼻子里了?
And now we're getting sucked into another nose?
什么?
What?
金,刚才发生了什么?
Kim, what just happened?
我觉得那个喷嚏把我们从鼻孔里喷了出去。
I think that sneeze launched us out of the nostril.
我猜附近还有另一个鼻子。
And I guess there was another nose close by.
然后它把我们吸进去了?
And it breathed us in?
没错。
Yep.
我们和一些鼻涕水滴。
Us and a few snot droplets.
这个鼻子里的鼻涕更多了。
There's a lot more snot in this nose.
我卡住了。
I'm stuck.
已经到我的膝盖了。
It's up to my knees.
这正是我们有鼻涕的另一个原因。
That's another reason we have snot.
鼻涕能黏住并 trapping 入侵者在鼻孔里,这样我们就不会把它们吸入肺部。
It sticks and traps invaders in the nostrils so that we don't breathe them down into our lungs.
但我们不是入侵者。
But we're not invaders.
把我们弄出去
Get us out of this
粘性陷阱。
sticky trap.
在这儿。
Here.
抓住我的手。
Grab my hand.
谢谢你,米奇。
Thank you, Mitch.
不客气。
No worries.
这个螺母更厚,是黄色的。
This nut is thicker and yellow.
嗯。
Yeah.
这表明这个鼻子的主人正在抵抗病毒或感染。
That's a sign that the owner of this nose is fighting off a virus or infection.
你还记得我们是怎么把蛋白质混进黏液里的吗?
Do you remember how we were mixing proteins into our slime?
记得。
Yes.
那两种特别的蛋白质叫做酶和抗体。
Two of those super special proteins are called enzymes and antibodies.
酶。
Enzymes.
抗体。
Antibodies.
它们努力工作,通过对抗细菌和病毒来保持我们的健康。
Well, they work really hard to keep us healthy by fighting against germs and viruses.
你可以做到的。
You can do it.
当它们拼命工作时,我们的鼻涕就会变成黄色或绿色。
When they're fighting really hard, our snot turns yellow or green.
我的鼻涕有时候是绿色的。
My snot is green sometimes.
健康的鼻涕通常是透明的。
Healthy snot is usually clear.
但鼻涕中的抗体并不是总能赢下所有战斗。
But the antibodies in the snot don't win all their fights.
否则,我们就永远不会生病了。
Otherwise, we'd never get sick.
对吧?
Right?
没错。
That's right.
有时候病毒会偷偷绕过我们的鼻涕陷阱,然后进入我们的细胞并感染它们。
Sometimes viruses can sneak past our snotty traps, then they make their way into our cells and infect them.
不。
No.
滚出
Get out of the
空气,詹姆斯。
air, James.
不准进入我们的细胞。
Not allowed in our cells.
走开,病毒。
Go away, virus.
病毒。
Virus.
哦,是的。
Oh, yeah.
我们已经了解了病毒。
We've learned about viruses.
但当病毒进入我们的细胞后,鼻子会发生什么?
But what happens to the nose when they get into our cells?
我们身体的一种反应方式是产生更多鼻涕。
One way our body responds is to make more snot.
快点,快点,快点。
Go go go.
请再多产生点鼻涕。
More snot, please.
更多的鼻涕意味着更多的抗病毒蛋白和更黏的陷阱,以阻止病菌传播。
More snot means more virus fighting proteins and stickier traps to stop germ spreading.
这个鼻子的主人一定在努力对抗病毒。
The owner of this nose must be working really hard to fight off their virus.
鼻涕在增多。
The snot is growing.
向外扩展,向外扩展,向外扩展,建起一道草墙。
Building out, building out, building out, a big wall of the grass.
金,这个鼻子要被鼻涕溢出来了吗?
Kim, is this nose about to overflow with snot?
鼻涕信号。
A snot sign.
我觉得我们会没事的。
I think we'll be okay.
到鼻孔前面,靠近开口的地方。
Come to the front of the nostril, right near the opening.
我不想掉出来。
I don't want to fall out.
鼻子的后部靠近喉咙,当鼻涕开始积聚时,哇。
The back of the nose is closer to the throat, and when the snot starts to build up Woah.
我们把鼻涕吞进喉咙里,就像这样。
We swallow the snot down in our throats, just like that.
真恶心。
Yuck.
我们喝鼻涕?
We drink our snot?
大多数人的黏液工厂每天会产生超过一升的鼻涕。
Most people's slime factories make more than a liter of snot a day.
这大约相当于一个大饮料瓶的容量。
That's about the size of a big drink bottle.
我们整天整夜都在不知不觉中,一口接一口地吞下几乎所有的鼻涕。
And we swallow almost all of it, gulp after gulp all day and night without even realizing.
一升。
A liter.
我简直不敢相信我喝了这么多鼻涕。
I can't believe I drink that much snot.
别担心。
Don't worry about it.
毕竟,它大部分都是水。
It's mostly water after all.
但如果我们吞下的鼻涕里有细菌,那我们岂不是把细菌从鼻子移到了肚子里?
But if we're swallowing snot that has germs in it, aren't we just moving the germs from our noses to our tummies?
没错。
Yep.
但这其实是好事。
But that's a good thing.
我们的胃里充满了强酸,能杀死到达的细菌。
Our tummies are full of powerful acids that will kill the germs when they arrive.
去死吧,细菌。
Die, germs.
哇。
Wow.
幸运的是,我们没有被吞下去。
Luckily, we didn't get swallowed.
那些胃酸听起来好厉害。
Those tummy acids sound intense.
我宁愿待在鼻子里。
I'd rather be inside the nose.
又来更多鼻涕了。
Here comes more snot.
我们鼻子周围有多个腺体,一直在分泌黏液,我们的鼻孔也总是被它填满。
There are glands all around our noses that are always making mucus, and our nostrils are always filling up with it.
它一直在源源不断。
It just keeps coming.
如果我们不吞下去,这些黏液就会全部从鼻孔流出来,因为我们产生的量太大了,鼻子太小,装不下这么多。
If we didn't swallow it, it'd all just run out of our nostrils because we make so much of it, and our noses are too small to hold it all in.
我们的鼻子要炸了。
Our nose will explode.
说到鼻涕爆炸,这个鼻子的主人是不是要打喷嚏把我们喷出去?
Speaking of snot explosions, is the owner of this nose about to blow us out?
哦,不。
Oh, no.
纸巾。
A tissue.
我想我知道接下来会发生什么。
I think I know what's coming next.
哦,不。
Oh, no.
小心。
Look out.
我觉得现在是时候想象我们离开这里了。
I think it's a good time to imagine ourselves out of here.
我们快点吧。
Let's make it quick.
手帕来了。
Here comes the hanky.
这样好多了。
That's better.
我想我该洗个澡了。
I think I wanna have a shower.
这是个好主意。
That's a good idea.
如果我们碰了鼻涕,就应该总是洗手。
We should always wash our hands if we touch snot.
好建议。
Good tip.
金,谢谢你教我们关于鼻涕和鼻屎的所有知识。
Kim, thanks for teaching us all about snot and boogers.
不客气。
My pleasure.
保佑你。
Bless you.
你的鼻涕工厂正在运转。
Your snot factories are working.
我希望它们正在注入大量蛋白质。
I hope they're putting lots of protein in.
我也是。
Me too.
所以,朱德、克劳斯、伊莉莎、爱德华和佩内洛普,鼻涕是我们对鼻腔内黏液的俗称。
So Jude, Claus, Eliza, Edward, and Penelope, snot is the nickname we give to mucus in our noses.
我们身体各处都有黏液。
There's mucus all through our body.
如果黏液不在鼻子里,我们就不叫它鼻涕。
We don't call it snot if it's snotted our nose.
它是在鼻子周围的特殊腺体中产生的。
It's made around our noses in special factories called glands.
黏液工厂。
Slime factories.
这些腺体混合水、盐和蛋白质,让我们的鼻涕变得黏稠。
They mix up water, salt, and proteins that help make our snot slimy.
有时候它也会感觉变硬。
It also feels hardened sometimes.
鼻屎是一些人对干掉的鼻涕的叫法。
Boogers is the nickname some people give to dried snot.
我们大概不应该吃它。
We probably shouldn't eat it.
我们有鼻涕和鼻屎有几个原因。
There are a few reasons we have snot and boogers.
第一个原因是它能让我们的鼻孔保持湿润。
The first is that it keeps our nostrils slippery.
一个滑滑的滑梯。
A slippery dip.
鼻涕还能阻止灰尘和细菌等入侵者进入我们身体更深处。
Snot also stops invaders, like dust and germs, from getting further into our bodies.
像一个黏黏的守卫。
Like a sticky chap.
鼻涕中的蛋白质还能对抗病毒和感染。
Proteins in snot also fight off viruses and infections.
酶?
Enzymes?
空壳。
Empty bodies.
最后,鼻涕不断从我们鼻子里流出的原因是我们分泌了太多鼻涕。
And finally, the reason snot keeps coming out of our noses is because we make so much of it.
多到鼻子都装不下。
Too much for our noses to hold.
我们把它弄脏了。
We spoil it.
鼻涕和鼻屎是我们身体的正常组成部分,它们对保持我们的健康起着重要作用。
Snot and boogers are a normal part of our bodies, and they do a lot to keep us healthy.
米奇,我觉得你衬衫上沾了个鼻屎。
Mitch, I think you have a booger on your shirt.
什么?
What?
这可不好笑。
That is snot funny.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。