本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
这是ABC播客。
This is an ABC podcast.
嗨。
Hi.
我是Nij。
I'm Nij.
今天在《想象一下》节目中,我正在
And today on Imagine This, I'm in
参加一个才艺表演,我要讲些笑话。
a talent show, and I'm gonna tell some jokes.
我有点紧张。
I'm getting a little nervous.
别紧张。
Don't be nervous.
没关系。
It's okay.
今晚外面有一大群人。
There's a big crowd out there tonight.
你会表现得很棒的。
You'll be great.
我需要一些有趣的笑话。
I need some funny jokes.
我的意思是,敲敲门。
I mean, knock knock.
对吧?
Right?
然后呢?
And then what?
或者为什么鸡要过马路?
Or why did the chicken cross the road?
我怎么知道?
How should I know?
我其实有点热。
I'm getting a bit hot, actually.
哦,我嘴巴有点干。
Oh, my mouth is a bit dry.
我真的很想让大家笑。
I really wanna make everyone laugh.
但为这场才艺表演做准备让我开始思考,到底是什么让人觉得好笑?
But getting ready for this talent show has made me wonder, what makes something funny?
我不知道。
I don't know.
你能告诉我吗?
Can you tell me?
如果有人讲真正的笑话,但没那么多。
If someone did the real laugh, jokes, but not that many.
今天的问题来自你们几位。
Today's question comes from a few of you.
你好。
Hi.
我叫索菲亚,七岁。
I'm Sofia, and I'm seven years old.
我的问题是,为什么笑话有趣?
And my question is, why are jokes funny?
我叫波尼亚。
My name is Ponya.
我想知道为什么笑话有趣,我五岁。
I want to know why jokes are funny, and I'm five years old.
为什么笑话有趣?
And why are jokes funny?
好问题,大家。
Good question, everyone.
在我们一起找答案之前,也许我可以为才艺表演找些好笑的笑话。
Before we find the answer together, maybe I'll get some good jokes for the talent show.
你觉得呢?
What do you reckon?
什么让你发笑?
What makes you laugh?
我们喜欢便便。
We ad poo.
屁股?
Bums?
是的,不是放屁。
Yes, not farts.
这太棒了。
This is great.
让我拿支笔。
Let me get a pen.
我想把这记下来。
I wanna write this down.
今天在《想象一下》节目中,我们聊聊那些滑稽的、让人发笑的、挠得人痒痒的事。
Today on Imagine This, we're talking about the silly, the giggly, the tummy tickly.
我们来看看那些能让脸上露出微笑、让嘴里发出有趣声音的事情。
We're looking at the things that bring a smile to our faces and that funny noise out of our mouths.
所有让我们觉得好笑的东西,以及我们为什么会对它们发笑。
All the things we find funny and why on earth we laugh about them.
我知道该找谁聊聊了——科学作家、专业搞笑达人伯尼·霍布斯。
And I know just the person to talk to, science writer and professional funny person, Bernie Hobbs.
我这就给她打个电话。
Let me just give her a bell.
你好。
Good day.
我是伯尼。
Bernie here.
伯尼,我需要你的帮助。
Bernie, I need your help.
我在参加一个才艺表演,需要
I'm at a talent show, and I need
从帽子里变出一只兔子?
A rabbit to pull out of your hat?
不。
No.
一个巨大的鹅蛋。
A giant goose egg.
什么?
What?
一个理发店的帘子。
A barber shop curtain.
但我们所有人都在独轮车上玩杂耍,逗弄小猫。
But we're all on unicycles juggling kittens.
不。
No.
那么,奈格,你的特长是什么?
Well, what's your talent, Nige?
笑话。
Jokes.
我只是想
I just want
讲一些有趣的笑话。
to tell some funny jokes.
我马上到。
I'm on my way.
大家好。
Hi, everyone.
哇哦。
Woah.
你怎么这么快就到了?
How'd you get here so fast?
尼奇,说到笑话,我是很认真的。
Nidj, when it comes to jokes, I'm very serious.
这可不是开玩笑的事。
This is no laughing matter.
好吧。
Okay.
那么告诉我们,为什么笑话会让人发笑?
So tell us, why are jokes funny?
嗯,尼奇,我们也不是百分之百确定。
Well, Nidge, we're not a 100% sure.
关于什么让我们发笑,有很多不同的科学理论和观点,但事实是,并没有一种单一的因素能让每个人都笑。
There's lots of different scientific theories and ideas about what makes us laugh, but the fact is there isn't just one thing that makes everyone laugh.
那将会是最好的笑话。
That'll be the best joke.
是的。
Yeah.
那会很有帮助。
That would have been really helpful.
笑话有趣的一种方式是安全地打破规则,比如这个。
One of the ways jokes can be funny is when they safely break rules, like this.
为什么吸血鬼总是看起来病恹恹的?
Why do vampires look sick all the time?
为什么?
Why?
因为他们总是躺在棺材里。
Because they're always coffins.
这个笑话打破了词语规则,因为‘棺材’(coffin)听起来像‘咳嗽’(coughing)。
The joke breaks a word rule because a coffin sounds like coughing.
但打破这个规则并不算太糟糕,所以是安全的。
But it's not a really bad rule to break, so it's safe.
它以一种温和的方式欺骗了你的大脑,这就让你笑了。
It tricked your brain in a nice way, and that makes you laugh.
我有时会打破一些小规则。
I sometimes break little rules.
并不是说我从来不打破任何规则。
It's not I don't break anything.
我从来没打破过任何小规则,那我怎么知道呢?
I've never broken a a little rule, so how could I know?
甚至连大规则都没打破过。
Not even a big one.
是的。
Yeah.
当然。
Sure.
安全地打破规则,对吧?
Safe rule breaking, hey?
好的。
Okay.
好吧。
Alright.
我明白了。
I get it.
让我试试。
Let me try.
你管一个正在睡觉的恐龙叫什么?
What do you call a sleeping dinosaur?
什么?
What?
叫dinosnore(恐龙打鼾)。
A dinosnore.
dick(脏话)。
Dick.
说得好。
Nice one.
所以这两个笑话都通过玩文字游戏打破了规则。
So both those jokes broke the rules by tricking us with words.
但其他笑话则是通过真正地打破规则,表现得有点调皮来打破常规。
But other jokes break the rules by, well, actually breaking the rules and being a bit cheeky.
是的。
Yep.
我说的是放屁笑话。
I'm talking about fluffs, poo toons.
放屁笑话。
Poo toons.
空气饼干。
Air biscuits.
我以前从来没听过这么叫的。
I've never heard it called that before.
放臭屁。
Cutting the cheese.
放屁
Cutting the cheese.
我听过这个说法。
I've heard that one.
这不错。
That's good.
哦,是的。
Oh, yes.
我在说放屁。
I'm talking farts.
放屁。
Farts.
放屁很好笑,因为它们有点粗鲁。
Farts are funny because they're a bit rude.
但我们都会放屁,而且这是身体正常的一部分,所以也挺无害的。
But we all do them, and they're a normal part of our bodies, so they're pretty harmless too.
是的。
Yeah.
因为它们很臭。
Because they stink.
因为它们跟我有点像,还带点刺痛感。
Because they're something similar to me and poke.
因为它们会发出搞笑的声音,就像这个。
Because they make a funny noise Like this one.
它打破了规则。
It breaks the rules.
哦,对啊。
Oh, yeah.
安全的违规,安全的放屁。
Safe rule breaking and safe wind breaking.
我有一个。
I have one.
我知道一个。
I know one.
为什么猫会流口水?
Why did the cat was drooled?
为什么?
Why?
因为他忘了做吃的。
Because he forgot to make food.
等一下。
Hang on.
我知道另一个。
I know another one.
一只眼睛对另一只眼睛说了什么?
What did one eye say to the other eye?
什么?
What?
我们之间有什么东西闻起来不对劲。
There's something that smells between us.
太棒了。
That's awesome.
天啊,我得用这个笑话。
Man, I gotta use that one.
我喜欢这个。
I love it.
所以笑话有趣的原因有很多,但大多数时候,它们需要让我们感到意外,做些我们没想到的事情。
So there are lots of different reasons why jokes might be funny, but most of the time, they need to surprise us and do something we weren't expecting.
而且有一件事我们确定无疑。
And there's one thing we know for sure.
笑话对健康很有好处。
Jokes are great for your health.
笑对我们有好处吗?
Laughing's good for us?
为什么大笑对我们真的有好处?
Why is laughing really good for us?
当我们笑的时候,身体里会发生许多不同的变化。
When we laugh, lots of different things happen in our bodies.
这一切都始于大脑。
It all starts in the brain.
当某件事很有趣时,你的大脑会向身体的不同部位发送信号,让它们活动并收紧。
When something's funny, your brain sends messages to different parts of your body telling them to move and go tight.
他们说这不像有人在挠我。
They say this isn't like someone's tickling me.
微笑需要动用面部15块以上的肌肉,更不用说当我们大笑时被激活的腹部肌肉了。
It takes more than 15 muscles in our faces to smile, let alone all our tummy muscles that get set off when we have a big laughing fit.
我有很多肌肉。
I have a lot of muscles.
我们身体各处肯定有很多肌肉。
There's gotta be heaps all over our bodies.
一百个。
A 100.
它们一直延伸到我的手指上。
They go all the way up here to my fingers.
我的心跳得特别快。
My heart goes beating really fast.
我的肚子发痒。
My tummy goes itch.
你笑得太多,都会流眼泪了。
You laugh so much you weaves.
别担心。
Don't worry.
你的大脑肯定会发出强烈的信号,告诉身体不要尿裤子。
There are definitely big messages from your brain telling your body not to wet your pants.
听起来笑是一种全身运动。
Sounds like laughing is a full body exercise.
是的
Yeah.
而且这不仅仅是我们的身体。
And it's not just our bodies.
我们的大脑也会玩得很开心。
Our brain has a great time too.
当我们开怀大笑时,大脑会释放一种特殊的化学物质,让我们感到非常快乐。
When we have a good laugh, a special chemical gets released that makes us feel really happy.
我觉得我的大脑在咯咯笑。
I think my brain giggles.
感觉有点模糊、冒泡、摇晃。
It feels a bit fuzzy, fizzy, wobbly.
它让我想跳舞,想微笑。
It makes me feel like I feel like dancing and doing a smile.
对。
Yeah.
完全正确。
Totally.
大笑之后我真的感觉很开心。
I do feel happy after a big laugh.
我感觉全身轻飘飘的,暖洋洋的。
I feel all light and glowy.
听听我们所有人发出的哈哈声、尖叫声、 squealing 声。
Just listen to us all honking, squeaking, squealing.
我们所有人都这样,这真是相当了不起。
It's pretty amazing how we all do it.
从刚出生的婴儿,到像我这样的老太太,都是如此。
From little babies right through to old ladies like me.
每个人都笑。
Everyone laughs.
这是全世界我们所有人共同拥有的东西。
It's something we all have in common all over the world.
所以我们的大脑会被一些意想不到的事情惊到,比如一个笑话欺骗了我们的大脑,或者突如其来的挠痒攻击,这时我们就会笑。
So our brain is surprised by something unexpected, and that could be like a joke tricking our brains or even a surprise tickle attack, and that's when we laugh.
然后我们的大脑会释放一种特殊的化学物质,让我们感到快乐,而这一切我们都无法控制。
Then our brain makes a special chemical that makes us feel happy, and we can't control any of it.
是的。
Yep.
如果我们身处一个有很多人一起笑的环境,比如才艺表演现场,就更难控制自己不笑了。
And it's even harder to control if we're in a place with lots of other people laughing, like a talent show.
笑其实是一种社交行为。
Laughing is really social.
这意味着它总是在与他人互动时发生。
That means it happens with other people.
所以当你身边有其他人时,你笑的可能性会高出30倍。
So you're 30 times more likely to laugh when there are other people around.
而且笑还具有传染性。
Plus, it's contagious too.
什么是传染性笑声?
What's contagious laughter?
是的。
Oh, yeah.
当你看到别人笑的时候,你也跟着笑,这就是传染性笑声。
That's when you laugh because you see other people laughing.
笑话真的很棒。
Jokes can be great.
当我们为某事感到难过时,笑话能帮上忙。
They can help if we're feeling sad about something.
它们能帮助我们以新的视角看待事物,也能拉近我们的距离。
They can help us see things in a new way, and they can bring us together.
当我们一起笑的时候,我们会感觉自己是某个群体的一部分。
When we're laughing together, we feel like we're a part of something.
笑有助于我们交朋友。
Laughing helps us make friends.
我能告诉你我最喜欢的笑话吗?
Can I tell you my favorite joke?
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
什么水果是橙色的,还听起来像鹦鹉?
What's orange and sounds like a parrot?
我不知道。
I don't know.
胡萝卜。
A carrot.
我喜欢这个笑话。
I love that joke.
他真的喷出来了。
He really spat.
这真是个绝妙的笑话。
That is a knee slopper.
太棒了。
Slayered.
我今晚演出可以用这个笑话吗?
I use that one at the show tonight?
当然了。
Totally.
嘿。
Hey.
你们这些孩子有什么好笑的笑话吗?
Do you kids have any good jokes?
咚咚敲门。
Knock knock.
谁呀?
Who's there?
打断的猫。
Interrupting cat.
打断的猫。
Interrupting cat.
为什么六害怕七?
Why was six scared of seven?
为什么?
Why?
因为他觉得七太大了。
Because he thought that he was too big.
不对。
No.
因为七吃了九。
Because seven, eight, nine.
恐龙是怎么数数的?
How does a dinosaur count?
我知道。
I know.
一、二、三,开始。
One, two, three, roll.
金色。
Gold.
谢谢大家。
Thanks, everyone.
谢谢你所有的帮助,伯尼。
Thanks for all your help, Bernie.
不客气,尼德。
No worries, Nidj.
玩得开心。
Have fun.
再见,孩子们。
Bye, kids.
再见,伯尼。
Bye, Bernie.
再见,伯尼。
Bye, Bernie.
再见,伯尼。
Bye, Bernie.
女士们、先生们,请大家热烈欢迎纳拉吉·劳博士。
Ladies and gentlemen, please give a warm welcome to Doctor Niraj Lau.
我下一个上。
I'm on next.
祝我好运。
Wish me luck.
祝你好运。
Good luck.
要搞笑点。
Be funny.
笑话为什么好笑,这个问题有点神秘。
The answer to why jokes are funny is a little mysterious.
没有人能真正确定原因。
No one really knows for sure.
但许多科学家认为,这是因为我们的大脑被一些轻微粗俗或出人意料的事情骗到了。
But lots of scientists think it's when our brain is tricked by something a little rude or unexpected.
惊喜。
Surprise.
当我们的大脑觉得某事有趣时,它会向全身发送信号,让我们收缩和紧绷肌肉,并从嘴里发出巨大的声音。
When our brain finds something funny, it sends messages all over our bodies telling us to squeeze and tighten our muscles and make a big noise out of our mouths.
这种咯咯笑对我们非常有益,因为它让我们感到快乐,并与他人建立联系。
All this giggling is great for us because it makes us feel happy and connected to others.
我们或许不知道笑话为什么好笑,但我们确实知道,笑是一种无法控制、无法阻挡的欢乐力量。
We might not know exactly why jokes are funny, but we do know that laughing is an uncontrollable, unstoppable force of fun.
《想象一下》是ABC儿童收听频道的播客,由我,多克托,为您主持。
Imagine This is an ABC Kids Listen podcast hosted by me, Doctor.
尼林·沙尔。
Nirin Shlal.
衷心感谢科学传播者、专业搞笑达人伯尼·霍布斯,以及今天节目中所有小朋友。
A big thank you to science communicator and professional funny person, Bernie Hobbs, and all the kids from today's episode.
本集由苏米娅·贝拉撰写和制作。
This episode was written and produced by Sumiya Bella.
高级制作人是艾玛·吉布斯,音频工程师是布莱斯·霍利迪。
Senior producer is Emma Gibbs, and our audio engineer is Bryce Halliday.
要收听更多优秀的儿童播客,请免费从您的应用商店下载ABC Kids Listen应用。
To hear more great kids podcasts, download the ABC Kids Listen app free from your App Store.
还想多笑一笑吗?
Want some more laughs?
不妨收听来自CBC播客伙伴们的《故事商店》。
Check out the Story Store, a show from our friends at CBC Podcasts.
《故事商店》会接受真实小朋友的点单,为孩子们、祖父母以及所有年龄段的人打造充满欢笑的冒险故事。
The Story Store takes orders from real kids and turns them into hilarious fun filled adventures for kids, grandparents, and everyone in between.
每期节目,表演者都会以新颖的方式演绎原创故事,融入不同类型的元素、动听的歌曲和无数欢笑。
Every episode, performers bring original stories to life with fresh takes on different genres, sweet songs, and lots of laughs.
大家好,欢迎来到《故事商店》,这档播客将根据您的故事量身打造。
Hello, and welcome to The Story Store, the podcast where your stories are made to order.
很多人问我,奥兰多先生,一个好故事需要哪些要素呢?
Now a lot of people ask me, what goes into a good story, mister Orlando?
我认为,好的故事需要行动、想象力、乐趣和冰淇淋各占一半。
I would say it's equal parts action, imagination, fun, and ice cream.
是的。
Yes.
没错,加里。
Exactly, Gary.
什么?
What?
不。
No.
不。
No.
在您收听播客的任何平台都可以收听《故事商店》。
Listen to the Story Store wherever you get your podcasts.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。