本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
双相情感障碍患者更容易面临哪些风险?
Is there anything that people with bipolar disorder are at greater risk for?
很多方面。
Lots of things.
我的意思是,是的,你患双相情感障碍的风险会更高。
I mean, yes, you are going to be at greater risk for bipolar disorder.
你会
You are going to
等一下。
Wait.
等一下。
Wait.
你刚才说双相情感障碍患者会 Yeah。
Did you just say that people with bipolar disorder are Yeah.
为什么?
Because what?
患有双相情感障碍的人。
People bipolar disorder.
让我先说一下。
Let me start off.
让我先说一下。
Let let me start off.
拜托。
Come on.
拜托。
Come on.
不。
No.
不。
No.
我想保留这段。
I wanna leave this in.
我想看到我们总是保留我的错误,却从不保留你的错误。
I wanna see every we always leave my mistakes in, but we never leave your mistakes
好吧,我会犯和你一样多的错误,这样就公平了。
Well, I'll make as many as you, so there we go.
您正在收听《内在双相情感障碍》,这是Healthline Media出品的播客,我们通过真实案例和最新研究来探讨双相情感障碍。
You're listening to Inside Bipolar, a Healthline Media podcast where we tackle bipolar disorder using real world examples and the latest research.
大家好,欢迎收听本节目。
Hey, everybody, and welcome to the podcast.
我叫加比·霍华德,患有双相情感障碍。
My name is Gabe Howard, I live with bipolar disorder.
我是医生。
And I'm Doctor.
妮可·华盛顿,一位认证精神科医生。
Nicole Washington, a board certified psychiatrist.
今天我们将努力解答这个问题:由于我患有双相情感障碍,我应该警惕哪些身体症状,并请医生格外关注?
And today we are going to work very hard to answer the question, what physical symptoms should I be on guard for and ask my doctor to keep a closer than usual eye on because I live with bipolar disorder?
我知道这听起来是个繁琐的问题,但我们的邮箱里经常收到这样的提问。
And I know that sounds like a cumbersome question, but it shows up in our email boxes a lot.
所有症状。
All of them.
本期结束。
End of episode.
留意所有事情。
Look for everything.
所有那些方面。
All the stuff.
一切。
Everything.
要时刻关注你的身体。
Just be be on guard about your body.
但说真的,盖布,我认为仅仅因为你患有双相情感障碍,并不是原因所在。
But seriously, I I do, Gabe, think that just because you live with bipolar disorder, that isn't the reason why.
我的意思是,我们每个人都有一个身体。
I mean, we all have one body.
如果我们幸运的话,这个身体会伴随我们很长时间,所以我们需要好好照顾它。
And if we're fortunate, we have it for a long time and we need to take care of it.
但我觉得我们并不总是做得很好。
And I don't think we always do that great a job.
当你被诊断出像双相情感障碍这样的疾病时,很容易把所有精力都投入到管理你的双相障碍上,而忘记了我们每个人都需要应对的那些日常事务。
Now when you are then diagnosed with an illness like bipolar disorder, I think it's easy to put so much effort into managing your bipolar illness that you forget about just the regular stuff that we all have to deal with.
我喜欢你选择了医生的回答,对吧?
I love that you went with the doctor answer, right?
定期做体检,控制体重,做化验,关注你的身体,因为这是你唯一的载体,你需要它来过好生活,不管你有没有双相情感障碍都一样。
Get yearly physicals, you know, manage your weight, get lab work, pay attention to your body because it's your only vessel and you need it to live well, and it doesn't matter if you have bipolar disorder or not.
我喜欢这一点,但我们现在不能结束这一集,因为赞助商可能会生气。
I love that, but we can't end the episode now because the sponsors would get mad.
我们需要再延长一点内容,我得告诉你,根据我们收到的邮件,人们在问一些非常具体的问题,比如:因为我患有双相情感障碍,我得糖尿病的概率会不会比常人更高?
We need to have more of an episode, and I got to tell you, judging by the emails that we get, people are asking very specific questions like, Because I live with bipolar disorder, do I have a greater than usual chance of getting diabetes?
另一个我们收到的问题是:因为我患有双相情感障碍并服用药物,我会出现肝功能问题吗?
Or another question that we had was, because I live with bipolar disorder and take medications, will I have liver function issues?
虽然我完全同意你的观点,我们都应该每年做体检,都该有一位全科医生。
So while I completely agree with you, we all need to be getting physicals every year, we all need to have a general practitioner.
我们都应该密切关注自己的健康。
We all need to pay close attention to our health.
身体和心理健康。
Physical, mental health.
是的。
Yes.
你患糖尿病的风险更高。
You have a higher risk of diabetes.
患睡眠呼吸暂停的风险也更高。
There's a higher risk of sleep apnea.
许多我们通常担心的躯体健康问题,你的风险也更高。
There's a higher risk of a lot of physical health conditions that we worry about anyway.
其中一些与药物有关。
Some of it is medication related.
其中一些与生活方式有关。
Some of it is lifestyle related.
还有一些原因我们尚不明确,但患有双相情感障碍等疾病时,某些疾病的患病风险会增加。
Some of it, we don't really know why, but there are increased risk of certain diseases when you live with an illness like bipolar disorder.
好的。
All right.
医生,我们就直白地解释一下吧。
Let's just go ahead and and and explain this like plain as day, Doctor.
妮可。
Nicole.
深入详细地给我讲讲,让我能真正理解。
Like like like dig deep and explain it to me so that I can understand it.
双相情感障碍会导致糖尿病吗?
Does bipolar disorder cause diabetes?
双相情感障碍会导致任何身体疾病吗,还是说只是药物或生活方式的改变在背后起作用,而这些又可能是由双相情感障碍引起的?
Can bipolar disorder cause any physical illness, or is it just taking meds or just lifestyle changes that maybe the bipolar disorder is driving?
我知道我在啰嗦,因为我真的在挣扎,不知道该怎么表达。
I know I'm rambling because I'm I'm I'm just I'm just struggling.
双相情感障碍能像引发躁狂或抑郁一样,直接导致身体疾病吗?
Can bipolar disorder cause a physical illness in the exact same way that bipolar disorder can lead to mania or depression?
双相情感障碍会导致糖尿病或高血压吗?
Can bipolar disorder lead to diabetes or high blood pressure?
不是那种方式。
Not in that way.
我们知道抑郁和躁狂是这种疾病的一部分。
We know that depression and mania are are part of the disorder.
我们没有任何数据表明,患有双相情感障碍的人就一定会在某个年龄前心脏病发作,或者一定会患上糖尿病。
We don't have any data to suggest that if you have bipolar disorder, that what comes with that is heart attacks by a certain age or you'll absolutely develop diabetes.
我认为我们有很多信息支持药物可能起作用,生活方式也可能起作用。
I think we have a lot of information to support that medication could play a part, lifestyle can play a part.
有些人本来就有着这些疾病的强烈家族史。
Some people have strong family histories of these disorders anyway.
当你再把药物带来的问题和生活方式的因素加在一起时,这就变成了多因素共同作用的结果。
And then when you add in the trouble from the medication in addition to the lifestyle part, it's multifactorial.
但我们没有任何证据表明,仅仅因为患有双相情感障碍,就一定会出现这些问题。
But we have nothing to say that just because you live with bipolar disorder, you absolutely will have any of these things.
我有一个具体的问题,尼科尔医生,我知道我服用治疗双相情感障碍的药物,并且每半年做一次血液检查。
One of the specific questions that I have, doctor Nicole, is, you know, I take medicine for bipolar disorder, and I get, bi yearly labs.
所以一年两次,他们会抽血,检查肝功能、维生素缺乏等情况。
So so twice a year, they they they take blood, and they say that they're doing things like liver function tests, vitamin deficiency, and things like that.
显然,因为我服用治疗双相情感障碍的药物,我更容易出现肝脏问题或维生素缺乏。
So clearly, because I take medication for bipolar disorder, I am at higher risks for liver issues or to be vitamin deficient.
听到这些时,我有一部分想法是:糟了,这意味着这些药很危险,我不该吃。
Now there's a part of me that hears that and thinks, uh-oh, that means these medicines are dangerous and I shouldn't take them.
但另一部分我又明白,没错,解决办法就是:预防胜于治疗。
But there's another part of me that hears, well, right, but the the solution is, you know, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cures.
是的。
Yeah.
我的意思是,实际上我并不喜欢做化验。
I mean, actually, I don't enjoy getting lab work done.
我不喜欢抽血。
I I don't enjoy having my blood drawn.
我不喜欢这些事情中的任何一项,但我还是会做,因为为了维持我希望的健康水平,我必须做。
I don't enjoy any of those things, but I do them because I need to do them in order to maintain the level of health that I want to maintain.
所以我认为最好的起点是肝脏。
So I think a great place to start is the liver.
当我们说要检查你的肝功能时,人们总是非常恐慌,因为他们无法理解为什么我们会给你可能损害肝脏的东西。
People are always very freaked out when we say we're going to check your liver functioning because they can't understand why in the world would we give you something that could mess up your liver.
事实上,你服用的大多数药物,即使是非处方药,大多数都是在肝脏中代谢的。
Well, the reality is most of the medications that you take, even over the counter medications, most of them are metabolized in your liver.
所以,如果你正在服用治疗双相情感障碍的药物,或者治疗偏头痛、糖尿病或其他任何疾病的药物,你的肝脏都在承担大量工作。
So if you are taking medication for bipolar disorder, if you're taking medication for migraines and diabetes and any other illness that you may have, your liver is putting in a lot of work.
有些药物对肝脏的负担比其他药物更重。
There are some medications that are more taxing on the liver than others.
有一些特定的精神健康药物对肝脏的负担比其他药物更重。
There are some specific mental health medications that can be more taxing on the liver than others.
所以我们才要进行检查。
So that's why we're checking.
另一个问题是,如果某种药物对你有效,但可能对肝脏造成负担,我认为这并不意味着我们就不能使用它。
The other thing is we we have to have some hard decisions about if they work well for you and they have a risk of being hard on the liver, I I don't think that means we don't do it.
我认为我们进行检查的原因就在这里。
I think that's why we're checking.
我们进行检查是为了确保不会造成任何损害。
We're checking because we want to make sure that we're not doing any kind of damage.
我想快速谈谈房间里最大的问题,那就是药物的副作用可能非常令人担忧且具有破坏性。
I quickly want to address the elephant in the room, which is that the side effects of medications can be very alarming and very damaging.
如果我们回顾历史,比如迟发性运动障碍和精神分裂症。
And if we look historically, let's take tardive dyskinesia and schizophrenia.
许多人认为,来回摇晃、舌头在口中进出、不受控制的动作是精神分裂症的症状,但实际上这些是药物的副作用。
Many people think that rocking back and forth, your tongue darting in and out of your mouth, uncontrolled movements are a symptom of schizophrenia when they're actually a side effect of the medication.
所以我不希望任何人听到后认为:‘你不必认真对待药物的副作用。’
So I don't want anybody to hear, Oh, you don't need to take the side effects of medication seriously.
你需要非常认真地对待这些副作用。
You need to take them very seriously.
这就是为什么实验室检查和血液检测非常重要。
That's why things like labs and blood work are very, very important.
但我经常想到过山车。
But I think a lot about roller coasters.
我知道这听起来很奇怪,但我非常喜欢过山车。
And I know that's weird, but I love roller coasters.
我非常热爱过山车,但我小时候很焦虑,也很害怕。
I absolutely adore roller coasters, but I was an anxious child, and I was afraid.
我害怕在过山车上受伤。
I was afraid that I'd get hurt on roller coasters.
我现在来自一个热爱过山车的家庭。
Now I come from a family of people who love roller coasters.
我的祖父是一位电气工程师,也是个完美主义者,思维非常工程化,他问我:‘你怕什么?’
And my grandfather, who was an electrical engineer and a perfectionist and thought very engineer wise, he said, What are you afraid of?
我说:‘因为太高了,我怕会受伤。’
And I said, Well, it's really, really high up, and I'm afraid I'll get hurt.
他问:‘你怎么会受伤?’
And he's like, How would you get hurt?
我说:‘万一整个东西倒了怎么办?’
And I was like, Well, what if the whole thing falls over?
我祖父说:‘这没什么问题。',
And my grandfather said, Oh, that's no problem.
每天早上,他们都会检查过山车。
Every morning, they inspect the roller coaster.
我说:‘真的吗?’
I said, Really?
他说,是的。
He said, Yes.
我祖父这个人从不撒谎,也不开玩笑,等等。
Now my grandfather, he doesn't lie, he doesn't joke, etcetera.
但他表示,每天早上他们都会检查过山车,确保它安全。
But said that every morning they check out the roller coaster and they make sure it's safe.
我本可以轻易地想:既然这么安全,为什么还要检查呢?
Now I could have easily heard why do they need to check it if it's so safe?
但我听到的是,他们是在双重确认它是否安全,现在我可以安心乘坐了。
But what I heard is they're double checking to make sure it's safe, and now I can ride with impunity.
对。
Yeah.
每六个月、每年、每三个月或任何其他频率的检查,都是安全规程。
The checking every six months or every year or every three months or whatever that looks like, that's the safety protocol.
这些措施就是为了确保你的肝脏不会发生变化。
That that's what's in place to make sure that you're not having changes in your liver.
当我们考虑肝脏健康时,还得想想其他因素,比如你是不是经常大量饮酒?
And then we have to think of other things when we think about liver health, you know, are you someone who's drinking alcohol, you know, in great amounts?
酒精对肝脏的伤害可能非常严重。
Alcohol can be very, very rough on the liver.
肝脏真的非常重要。
The liver is just really so important.
我知道肝脏很重要,否则当我说‘我们来查一下你的肝酶’时,人们不会这么紧张。
And I know we know it's important because otherwise people wouldn't get freaked out when I say, hey, let's check your liver enzymes.
他们根本不会在意。
They wouldn't bat an eye.
这很重要。
It's important.
非常重要。
It's very important.
你 definitely 应该问问医生:我的药物会不会对肝脏造成负面影响?
And it is definitely something that you should be asking your doctor about, Do my medications affect my liver negatively?
我们有没有检查过我的肝功能,看看它运作得怎么样?
Have we ever checked my liver functions to see how things are working?
这些问题问得非常好。
Those are fantastic questions for you to ask.
医生,我只是出于好奇问一下。
Now, just out of curiosity, Doctor.
妮可,这是属于灾难性故障的情况,还是说你会提前得到很多预警?
Nicole, is this a catastrophic failure situation or do you get a lot of notice?
比如,在我的过山车类比中,他们关注的是缺失的木板、裂缝、松动的螺丝、轨道问题等等。
For example, in my roller coaster analogy, one of the things they're looking for are missing boards, cracks, loose screws, track issues, etcetera.
因为他们不希望过山车突然垮掉。
Because what they don't want is for the thing to just fall over.
他们希望看到磨损迹象,以便及时维修,确保安全。
They want to see signs of wear and tear they need to repair to keep it safe.
当你做血液检查并查看肝脏指标时,会不会出现这种情况:哦,我们发现了个问题,但没什么大不了的。
When you do this blood work and look at the liver, are you like, Oh, hey, we've noticed an issue, but it's no big deal.
到目前为止,我们发现得很早,你不需要恐慌。
We've caught it so far in advance, you don't need to panic.
还是说这是一种‘你很好,你很好,你很好’的情况?
Or is this a situation of you're fine, you're fine, you're fine.
天啊,不,出了大问题。
Oh shit, no, there's a huge problem.
你明白我在说什么吗?
Do do you understand what I'm saying?
因为我也明白,你让别人感到困惑了。
Because I I get what you're confuses people as well.
是的。
Yes.
我们正在关注某些血液指标,一些与你肝功能相关的数值,看看自上次化验以来这些数值是否有所上升。
There are certain blood levels that we're looking at, certain numbers that we're looking at as far as your liver functioning, and we're looking to see if they've risen since the last time we did lab.
你知道吗,有什么变化了吗?
You know, has something changed?
也许我们在过去几个月里加了新的药物。
Maybe we added a new medication in the last few months.
突然间,我们注意到这些数值开始略有上升。
And now all of a sudden, we noticed that those numbers are starting to creep up a little bit.
我们总是将它们与你的基础值以及之前的检测结果进行比较。
We're just comparing them always to your baseline and comparing them to the previous results.
但关键是,这就像找到一颗松动的螺丝或一块破损的木板。
But the point is is it's sort of like finding that loose screw or that that broken board.
只要拧紧螺丝,换掉破损的木板,过山车就没事了。
Just tighten up the screw, replace the broken board, and the roller coaster's fine.
负责每日检查的结构工程师不会惊慌失措地说:天哪。
No no structural engineer doing the daily check freaks out and says, oh my god.
过去24小时内乘坐过这东西的所有人都处于危险之中。
Everybody who's ridden this thing in the last twenty four hours has been in harm's way.
没有。
No.
他们只是把它当作常规维护来处理并加以修复。
They just look at it as routine maintenance and fix it.
所以你不需要对这个肝酶检测提心吊胆。
So you don't need to be waiting on pins and needles for this liver enzyme test.
我觉得你确实不必提心吊胆。
I don't think you need to be waiting on pins and needles.
我从不告诉你任何事情都是百分之百的,但我们关注的总是这种非常微小的波动。
I would never tell you that anything is always a 100%, but it's always this very small jump that we're looking for.
我不能保证绝对没有极端案例,比如有人对某种东西产生极端反应。
I can't tell you that there wouldn't be some some extreme case out there where somebody had an extreme reaction to something.
但我可以告诉你,这种情况并不常见,这也正是我们如此频繁地检测这些数值的原因。
I can tell you that's not the norm, and I can tell you that's why we check the values as often as we do.
现在另一个我常听到的问题是关于维生素缺乏。
Now another thing that I hear is about vitamin deficiency.
说实话,我对这个问题持两种看法。
And, you know, I'm of two minds here.
对吧?
Right?
从医学的角度来看,我觉得这些药物可能导致维生素缺乏,而我们需要维生素来保持健康强壮。
There's the medical mind where I was like, Hey, these medications can cause vitamin deficiency, and we need vitamins to be big and strong.
但另一方面,我会想到那些患有双相情感障碍、正在应对抑郁的典型人群,以及我们吃的垃圾食品。
But I'm of the other mind where I think about the stereotypical person living with bipolar disorder, managing depression, and the junk food that we eat.
我就拿自己当例子吧。
And I'm just going use myself as an example.
尤其是我抑郁的时候,我吃的全是披萨、汉堡、多力多滋、薯片和冰淇淋。
Especially when I was depressed, I was eating nothing but pizza, burgers, Doritos, potato chips, ice cream.
全是垃圾食品。
It was all junk food.
是的,他们当时正用药物帮我稳定情绪。
And yes, they were trying to stabilize me with medications.
但我的饮食一团糟。
My diet was garbage.
我根本没有锻炼。
I wasn't getting any exercise.
然后他们做了个维生素检测。
And then they do a vitamin.
他们检查我是否缺乏维生素,结果我确实缺乏。
They check to see if I'm vitamin deficient, and I am.
我第一反应是:唉,这药让我缺乏维生素了。
And the first thing that I say is, Ugh, that medication is making me vitamin deficient.
患有双相情感障碍的人更容易缺乏维生素吗?还是说,正在服药的双相情感障碍患者更容易缺乏维生素?
Are people with bipolar disorder at higher risk for vitamin deficiency, or is it people with bipolar disorder who are taking medication are at a higher risk?
或者第三个可能性:吃垃圾食品的人更容易缺乏维生素,而我们都知道,许多心理健康问题患者饮食状况普遍不佳,所以你的精神科医生是在提前预防这个问题。
Or even a third option, people who eat garbage are at risk to be vitamin deficient, and we happen to know that a lot of people suffering from mental health challenges tend not to have the best diet, so your psychiatrist is trying to get ahead of it.
很大程度上,是饮食的问题。
Largely, it's the diet piece.
主要就是这个因素。
Largely, that is the factor.
有一些治疗双相情感障碍的药物,我们认为会影响某些维生素水平。
There are some bipolar medications, that we think have the ability to affect certain vitamin levels.
但总体而言,还是饮食问题。
But by and large, it's diet.
是营养问题。
It's nutrition.
是我们日常通过食物摄入不足的东西。
It's what we're not taking in on a regular basis through the foods we eat.
我们的许多维生素缺乏都源于此。
That's where a lot of our vitamin deficiencies are coming from.
这些维生素很重要,因为维生素缺乏会导致疲劳,而我们在抑郁症患者中经常看到这种症状。
And they're important because the vitamin deficiency can then lead you to have fatigue, which is something that we see a lot with people with depression.
对吧?
Right?
所以我可能会遇到一些人说,我真的好累。
And so I might have somebody who's saying, you know, I'm just so tired.
我总是感到疲惫。
I'm tired all the time.
尽管我的情绪已经好很多了,我也确实感觉好多了,但我还是一直非常疲惫。
And even though my mood is really better and I really do feel better, I'm just still so tired all the time.
这时候,我们可能会开始评估这些方面,看看是否有其他可以帮到你的问题。
That's when we may start going and evaluating those types of things to see if there's something else going on that we can help you with.
让我感到非常震撼的一件事是,几年前,在我从事倡导工作的早期阶段——那已经是十五到二十年前了,有一项具有里程碑意义的研究指出,患有严重且持续性精神疾病的人(其中就包括双相情感障碍)比普通人群的寿命短25年。
One of the things that was really fascinating to me is several years ago, near near the beginning of my advocacy career, so we really are going back fifteen, twenty years, there was this landmark study that came out that said that people managing severe and persistent mental illness, of which bipolar disorder was listed, die twenty five years younger than the rest of the population.
作为一个双相情感障碍患者,这个发现深深刺痛了我。
And as somebody living with bipolar disorder, this thumped my chest hard.
我的天,整整25年啊。
Mean, hurt like twenty five years.
我会失去我生命中的25年。
I'm gonna lose twenty five years of my life.
我的预期寿命是76岁。
My lifespan is 76.
我会在51岁去世。
I'm gonna die at 51.
这太可怕了。
That's horrific.
我真的很伤心。
I was really upset.
现在我很幸运。
Now I'm really lucky.
我最好的朋友是一位受过训练的物理学家,她懂得如何阅读研究论文。
My best friend is a trained physicist, and she knows how to read studies.
所以她能直接读懂整个研究,而不仅仅是新闻文章和宣传要点。
So she immediately gets the whole study, not just the news articles and the talking points.
她通读了整篇研究,然后说:好吧。
She reads the whole study, and she goes, okay.
我有个非常好的消息要告诉你。
I've got I've got really good news for you.
现实是这样的。
Here's the reality.
患有严重且持续性精神疾病的人更有可能吸烟、饮食不良、缺乏锻炼、做出高风险的生活选择,因此他们可能会比普通人早去世二十五年。
People with serious and persistent mental illness are much more likely to smoke, eat poorly, not exercise, make risky lifestyle decisions, and because of that, they are likely to die twenty five years sooner.
但关键是,如果你患有严重且持续性精神疾病,但饮食健康、坚持锻炼、定期体检、不做出高风险决定,那么你的寿命和其他人一样。
But here's the thing, if you live with serious and persistent mental illness, and you have a good diet, good exercise, you get your lab work, you're not making risky decisions, you have the same lifespan as everyone else.
所以我觉得我们正在讨论的一些事情有点像这样。
So I feel like some of the stuff that we're talking about is sort of like that.
是的,这里确实存在一些风险,但开车也有风险。
Yeah, there's some risk here, but there's risk in driving a car.
对。
Yes.
对。
Yes.
而风险并不是说‘我患有双相情感障碍’。
And the risk is not, oh, I have bipolar disorder.
哦,我得吃这些该死的药,现在我的维生素D又要低了。
Oh, I have to take this stupid medicine, and now my vitamin d is gonna be low.
这并不是我们正在讨论的内容。
That that's that's not what we're what we're talking about.
大部分情况下,正如你的朋友指出的,这种疾病夺走了你很多东西。
For the most part, what we're saying, just like your friend pointed out, the illness takes away a lot of things from you.
我的意思是,管理起来真的很困难。
I mean, it's it's tough to manage.
管理双相情感障碍需要耗费大量精力。
There's a lot of energy that goes into managing your bipolar disorder.
当你把这么多精力投入到管理双相情感障碍,担心症状和住院等问题时,
And when you're putting so much energy into managing your bipolar disorder and worried about symptoms and hospitalization and that kind
有时候你就不会去想锻炼和饮食,也不会去想我今天吃了多少绿叶蔬菜?
of stuff,
有时候你就不会去想锻炼和饮食,也不会去想我今天吃了多少绿叶蔬菜?
sometimes you're not thinking about exercise and diet and, oh, how how many leafy greens am I putting on my plate?
你有时候能吃上饭就已经很幸运了。
You're just lucky to eat sometimes.
只要能把食物吃到嘴里,那天就算成功了。
Just if I get food in my mouth, it is a win for that day.
从心理上来说,简单一点有时反而更好。
Easy is sometimes better for you mentally.
但从身体上来说,简单可能并不更好。
Easy may not be better for you physically.
这其中涉及很多因素,但你说得完全正确。
So there there's a lot of pieces that go into that, but that is a 100% right.
我在为这期节目做研究时感到非常着迷,也很期待和你聊聊,医生。
I've been very fascinated in doing research for this episode, and I've been excited to talk to you about this, Doctor.
妮可,因为我发现,许多对双相情感障碍患者造成伤害的因素,正如我在笔记中所称的,是‘双相相关’的问题。
Nicole, because I'm really finding out that many of the things that are hurting people with bipolar disorder are sort of what I've referred to in my notes as bipolar adjacent.
例如,双相情感障碍患者更有可能吸烟。
So for example, people with bipolar disorder are more likely to smoke.
吸烟者更容易患上肺癌。
Smokers are more likely to have lung cancer.
因此,事实上,双相障碍患者更容易患上肺癌。
So the ipso facto, people with bipolar disorder are more likely to have lung cancer.
我并不是主动发现的,而是偶然了解到的——我本人患有双相障碍,这一点大家都知道,而且我还有睡眠呼吸暂停。
And I came up, or not came up with, I stumbled upon, I live with bipolar disorder, as everybody knows, and I have sleep apnea.
我发现一项统计数据表明,双相障碍患者患睡眠呼吸暂停的可能性高出百分之五十。
And I discovered a stat that said people with bipolar disorder are fifty percent more likely to have sleep apnea.
但随后我又发现另一项数据:双相障碍患者更容易肥胖,而我们知道,超重或肥胖的人更容易患睡眠呼吸暂停。
But then I uncovered another stat that said that people with bipolar disorder are more likely to be obese, and we know that people who are overweight, obese, are more likely to have sleep apnea.
所以,我并不认为是双相障碍本身导致了睡眠呼吸暂停的增加。
So once again, I don't necessarily think it's the bipolar disorder that is driving the rise in sleep apnea.
现在我要明确一点,这些都是加布·霍华德的研究成果。
And now I want be very clear, this is Gabe Howard's research.
接下来我们将知道,我这样的理解是否正确,或者医生妮可尔是否接受过医学训练,即将纠正我刚才说的一切。
We're about to find out if I am conceptualizing this correctly or if doctor Nicole went to medical school and is about to correct everything that I just said.
加布,你并没有错。
Gabe, you're you're not wrong.
你完全没错,你不需要是医生也能明白这一点,你确实没有错。
You are absolutely not wrong, and you don't have to be a medical doctor to to to figure that out, that you are not wrong.
百分之百准确的是,患有双相情感障碍的人可能更容易超重,无论是因为药物、生活方式,还是其他任何原因,但这都会影响睡眠呼吸暂停。
It is a 100% accurate that people who have bipolar disorder may be at more risk of being overweight, whether that's because of medication, whether that's because of lifestyle, that whatever that looks like, but that can affect sleep apnea.
我认为从这一点中要记住的重要事情是,好吧。
I think the important thing to take away from this is, okay.
多达一半的双相情感障碍患者可能患有睡眠呼吸暂停。
So up to half of people with bipolar disorder could have sleep apnea.
我有吗?
Do I have it?
我需要评估一下,这是否是我正在面对的问题?
Like, I I need to evaluate, is that something I'm dealing with?
问题是,你怎么知道?
The question is how do you know?
所以,这对我来说总是特别有趣的一个话题。
So so this is always this is always a really fun one for me to talk about.
在某些方面有趣,在其他方面则不然,但总体上对我来说还是挺有趣的。
Fun in some ways, not fun in other ways, but mostly fun for me.
我认为睡眠呼吸暂停对很多人来说是一个被严重忽视的问题。
I think sleep apnea is highly overlooked as a problem for a lot of people.
我认为有很多人表现出与睡眠呼吸暂停一致的症状,却因为害怕做睡眠监测而选择忽视它们。
I think there are a lot of people out there who have signs and symptoms consistent with sleep apnea, and they are ignoring them because they are terrified of having a sleep study.
他们害怕有人盯着他们睡觉。
They are terrified of having someone watch them sleep.
我真的很难理解,我真的对这一点感到很困惑。
And I really struggle with with I really do struggle with that.
我甚至不会对你撒谎。
I'm not even gonna lie to you.
当全科医生跟他们谈起睡眠监测时,人们往往会感到非常不适。
People get so weirded out when their primary care doctor starts talking to them about a sleep study.
我真的不明白为什么。
And I I don't really understand why.
我的意思是,你做睡眠监测的时候紧张吗?
I mean, were you were you nervous about your sleep study when you had to get it?
我的意思是,有点吧。
I mean, sort of.
我一开始并不害怕做睡眠监测,但当我到了那里时,我还年轻,二十出头,一位非常漂亮的护士给我贴所有电极,然后她还给我戴了个麦克风。
I was not scared to get the sleep study at first, but when I got there, I was younger, I was in my early 20s, this very attractive nurse was putting all the electrodes on me, and then she put a microphone on me.
我问:这个麦克风是干什么用的?
I said, What's the microphone for?
她说:我们需要检查你是否打鼾。
And she said, Well, we need to check to see if you're snoring.
我第一反应是:它能听到我放屁吗?
And the first thing I thought is, Is it going to hear me fart?
我知道这有点幼稚之类的,但无论如何,这成了我真正的顾虑。
And I know there's an immaturity there, etcetera, but nevertheless, it became this real concern.
那会发生什么?
Like what happens?
然后我如果不申请许可就无法起床,所以我得按这个按钮,才能让人帮我解开设备,以便半夜去上厕所。
And then I can't get out of bed without asking permission, so I'm going to have to hit this button to get assistance to be unhooked so that I can go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.
我不喜欢跟陌生人讨论我的如厕习惯,但把这些都抛开吧。
I don't like to discuss my bathroom routine with strangers, but forget about all of that.
当我偏执、焦虑、抑郁、害怕的时候,躺在一个房间里,被一群人盯着看,简直就像噩梦一样。
When I was paranoid, when I was anxious, when I was depressed, when I was scared, being in a room with a bunch of people staring at me was kind of the thing of nightmares.
陌生人正在看着你睡觉。
Strangers are watching you sleep.
那里的人有的经历着精神病、偏执、焦虑和抑郁。
Here were people who are experiencing psychosis, paranoia, anxiety, depression
是的。
Yes.
可能会因此感到困扰。
Might be bothered by that.
是的。
Yeah.
好的。
Okay.
是的。
Yes.
但我不会让一个正在经历精神病发作的人去进行睡眠研究。
But I would not be asking someone who is actively psychotic to go do a sleep study.
这是针对那些状态相对稳定的人提出的请求,我们只是想微调一些细节,并且发现了一个可能的生理健康问题,希望加以解决。
This is an ask of someone who's in a fairly stable place, and we're trying to fine tune some things, and we've picked up on a potential medical physical issue that we want to address.
我明白。
And I get it.
我不希望有陌生人在一旁看着我睡觉。
I don't want random strangers watching me sleep.
谁会愿意呢?
Who does?
这太诡异了。
That is creepy.
然而,这些是医疗专业人员,而不是随机盯着我睡觉的陌生人。
However, these are medical professionals, not random strangers watching me sleep.
他们是医疗专业人员。
They're medical professionals.
他们只是在履行自己的职责。
They're doing their job.
这和在医生面前脱衣服,或者去做乳腺X光检查时让乳腺技师查看你的乳房没什么不同。
It's no different than having to get undressed in front of a doctor or having to pull your boobs out when you go get a mammogram with the mammogram tech.
这和那些事情没有任何区别。
It it's it's no different than any of those things.
所以,你知道,我不愿意随便向陌生人展示我的乳房,但你知道吗?
So, yeah, you know, I don't wanna randomly show my boobs to strangers, but you know what?
每年我都会向那位乳腺X光技师展示,让她检查并确保我在做乳腺X光时乳房是正常的。
Every year, I'm gonna show it to that mammogram tech so she can check and help make sure that my breasts are cleared when I go get my mammogram.
所以是的。
So yeah.
我的意思是,如果你从这些是医疗专业人士、而不是随机陌生人的角度去想,也许你得不断对自己重复这个观念,但这些人真的不是随便什么人。
I mean, I I think if you think about it in terms of these are medical professionals, these are not random strangers, maybe that's the mantra you have to keep saying to yourself, but but but these are they're not just random people.
他们不是陌生人。
They're not randos.
这是他们的工作。
It's their job.
我在被诊断出双相情感障碍之前,就已经被诊断出睡眠呼吸暂停了。
I was diagnosed with sleep apnea before I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder.
如果一个人患有双相情感障碍,并且知道自身有更高的睡眠呼吸暂停风险,那么他们应该留意哪些症状呢?
What are some symptoms that people should be looking for if they're living with bipolar disorder knowing that they have this elevated risk of sleep apnea?
大家好。
Hey, everyone.
我是盖布·霍华德,《内心健康》播客的主持人,这是Healthline出品的一档获奖周播节目,旨在通俗易懂地解析心理健康与心理学领域的复杂话题。
I'm Gabe Howard, host of the Inside Mental Health Podcast, an award winning weekly show from Healthline that breaks down complex topics around the world of mental health and psychology.
跟着我,向你能理解的专家学习,确保内容不会变成枯燥的学术讲座。
Learn from experts you can understand with me as your guide to ensure it doesn't devolve into a boring academic lecture.
我们涵盖所有与心理健康相关的内容。
We cover everything mental health.
所以请选择你感兴趣的剧集,并记住,了解你的内心是迈向更健康自我的第一步。
So pick the episodes that interest you and remember, understanding your mind is the first step to a healthier you.
在你最喜欢的播客平台上订阅并收听《内心健康》。
Subscribe and listen to Inside Mental Health on your favorite podcast platform.
我们继续讨论双相情感障碍是否会增加你的身体健康风险。
And we're back discussing if bipolar disorder increases your physical health risks.
人们自然会想,哦,你打鼾吗?或者你是个打鼾的人?
People automatically think, oh, do you snore or are you a snorer?
这是人们与睡眠呼吸暂停联系最紧密的特征。
It it is the big thing that people associate with sleep apnea.
让我觉得很好笑的是,有那么多独自睡觉的人来找我,告诉我:‘嗯,我不打鼾。’
And it's really funny to me how many people will come to me who sleep alone and they tell me, well, I mean, I don't snore.
于是我问:那你怎么知道呢?
And I I ask, well, how do you know?
你一个人睡。
You sleep by yourself.
然后他们突然恍然大悟:哦,原来我不知道自己晚上会不会打鼾,因为没人告诉我。
And and then they all of a sudden have this light bulb moment like, oh, guess I don't know if I snore at night because nobody's there to tell me.
所以如果你是和别人一起睡,问问他们你晚上的呼吸情况,问问你有没有打鼾。
So if you do sleep with someone, ask them about your breathing at night, ask them about your snoring.
很多时候,伴侣会说:嘿。
A lot of times, partners will say, hey.
我觉得他或她有睡眠呼吸暂停。
I think he or she has sleep apnea.
他们打鼾打得特别响。
They'll be snoring, snoring, snoring so loud.
然后突然间,我能听到他们在夜里努力吸气,或者有时发现他们呼吸停止了。
And then all of a sudden I can hear them kind of can hear them kind of try to catch their breath at night or I can hear them stop breathing sometimes.
有时候,是伴侣首先提出这个问题的。
Sometimes the partners are the ones who bring it up.
如果你没有和别人一起睡觉,还有哪些其他情况呢?
If you don't have a partner that you sleep with, what other things are going on?
你是否感到异常疲倦?
Do you have an unusual amount of fatigue?
这其实很棘手,因为当你同时患有伴随抑郁的疾病时,这种疲劳是抑郁引起的吗?
And that's really tricky because when you also live with an illness that comes with depression, is that fatigue your depression?
这种疲劳是其他原因造成的吗?
Is that fatigue something else?
是因为你超重吗?
Is it the fact that you're overweight?
是因为维生素缺乏吗?
Is it a vitamin deficiency?
因此,作为一名精神科医生,我总是建议我的所有患者都建立与全科医生的关系,因为我认为每年有一个人全面观察你的健康状况,帮助你评估这些身体上的健康问题,是非常有价值的。
So that's why as a psychiatrist, I'm always recommending that all of my patients have a relationship with a primary care doctor because I think it's valuable that you have somebody who's seeing you annually to help you evaluate those physical health concerns that you have.
如果你说,你知道吗?我特别担心。
I'm especially concerned if you say, you know what?
我的情绪确实好很多了,但我就是一直特别累。
My mood really is much better, but man, I am so tired all the time.
如果你白天会无缘无故地睡着,那就是一个明显的信号。
If you are falling asleep randomly during the day, that's a big sign.
如果你下午三点坐在那儿都看不下去一集电视剧,如果在办公桌前睡着了,或者在红灯或停车标志前睡着了,这些对我们来说都是非常令人担忧的迹象,可能提示你正在经历睡眠呼吸暂停。
If you can't sit and watch a TV show at 03:00 in the afternoon, if you're falling asleep at your desk, if you are falling asleep at red lights or stop signs, those are things that are very, very concerning to us and might tip-off that you might be dealing with some sleep apnea.
很多人想把这归因于双相情感障碍,无论是症状本身还是药物引起的,这确实有可能。
And so many people want to attribute that to bipolar disorder, whether it's the symptoms of bipolar disorder or the medication, which it could be.
有可能。
Could be.
但这样当然会让你忽略其他问题。
But of course, it it it makes you overlook something.
是的。
Yes.
因为如果你手里拿着一把锤子,看什么都像钉子。
Because if if you're holding a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
但对。
But Yes.
谁还存在?
Who still exists?
问题是,未经控制的睡眠呼吸暂停会加剧情绪波动、脑雾,让你更疲惫,更容易烦躁。
And the problem with that is uncontrolled sleep apnea can then add to mood swings, brain fog, make you more tired, could be more irritable.
如果不按应有的方式治疗睡眠呼吸暂停,还会增加你患其他疾病的风险,比如心脏病和肺病。
It can increase your risk of other diseases, other heart diseases and lung diseases by not having your sleep apnea treated as you should.
所以这简直是个恶性循环。
So it's it's really a dog chasing its tail.
我们有时搞不清楚到底是什么导致了什么,谁在影响谁,这里到底发生了什么,但这就是为什么你需要一个完整的团队,因为未经治疗的睡眠呼吸暂停会让控制双相情感障碍变得更加困难。
We sometimes don't know, okay, what what's causing what, who's going after, what's going on here, but that's why you need a whole team because having untreated sleep apnea can then make getting control of your bipolar disorder that much more difficult.
医生。
Doctor.
展开剩余字幕(还有 219 条)
你多次提到要与你的全科医生建立稳固的关系,我想向听众坦白,我真的很担心自己步入中年并患有双相情感障碍,以及双相情感障碍对我的身体造成的伤害,还有我个人生活方式和决定——尤其是未加治疗的情况下——对身体造成的损害,比如长期处于成瘾状态,吸毒、酗酒。
You brought up a couple of times having a solid relationship with your general practitioner, and I wanna disclose to the audience that I am I am really worried about being middle aged with bipolar disorder and the toll that bipolar disorder has taken on my body, the toll that my personal lifestyle choices and decisions, especially untreated, have taken on my body, you know, things like, you know, being in active addiction, know, drugs, alcohol.
我曾经体重达到五百五十磅。
I I used to weigh five hundred and fifty pounds.
这些全都源于试图自我治疗和应对双相情感障碍,但话说回来,我确实在一段时间内严重透支了自己的身体。
These These are all attributed to trying to self medicate and manage bipolar disorder, but that said, I really, really, really taxed my body for a period of time.
现在一切都很好,我可以为自己感到骄傲,因为我现在状态不错,但我确实一生都在服用精神类药物,并且在年轻时有过严重损害身体的历史。
It's all great, and I can pat myself on the back that I'm doing great now, but I do have a lifetime of psychiatric medications, and I do have a history of abusing my body in early adulthood.
所以我让我的全科医生帮我做所有检查。
So I make my general practitioner do everything.
我要求做心电图。
I ask for EKGs.
我要求做各种血液检查,远远超出我这个年龄本应做的常规项目,因为第一,这些情况随时可能突然出现。
I ask for panels well, just way in excess of what I actually quote unquote need for my age, because one, it could come up.
对吧?
Right?
由于生活方式的选择、双相情感障碍等原因,我属于高风险人群,用什么词都行。
I am at a higher risk because of lifestyle choices, bipolar disorder, whatever words you want to use.
但第二点,这能缓解我的焦虑。
But two, it helps my anxiety.
医生,我有个问题想问你。
But I have a question for you, Doctor.
妮可。
Nicole.
几年前,我需要在比常规年龄更早的时候做结肠镜检查。
One of the things that came up several years ago was I needed a colonoscopy before the average age of a colonoscopy.
好的。
Okay.
我的医生说:‘我注意到你这里有一些风险因素。’
And my doctor said, Hey, I'm noticing some risk factors here.
我不确定是不是血液检查。
I don't know if it was blood work.
我真不知道医生为什么会有这样的想法。
I honestly don't know why the doctor felt this way.
好的。
Okay.
但我记得我告诉妈妈:‘我预约了结肠镜检查。’
But I remember telling my mom, Hey, I've scheduled a colonoscopy.
她说:‘但你太年轻了。’
And she said, But you're too young.
我说:‘我的医生对此很担心。’
And I said, Well, my doctor is worried about it.
我妈妈问:‘是因为双相情感障碍吗?’
And my mom said, Oh, is it because of the bipolar disorder?
我说:‘我不知道。’
And I said, I don't know.
我其实不太在意,因为医生说需要做,这就足够了。
I kind of didn't care because, you know, my doctor said I needed it and that was enough for me.
既然我们现在要做这一集,我很好奇,患有双相情感障碍的人是否应该比普通人更早做结肠镜检查,还是我只是个偶然出现的特例?
Now that we're doing this episode, I'm curious, should people with bipolar disorder get colonoscopies younger than the average, or am I just some aberrant thing that just came up somewhere else?
我永远不会称你为异常现象,加布。
I would never call you an aberrant thing, Gabe.
我绝对永远不会称你为异常现象。
I would absolutely never call you an aberrant thing.
事实上,我没有数据表明患有双相情感障碍的人就一定会更早接受结肠镜检查。
You know, I I don't have any data to suggest that if you live with bipolar disorder, you will automatically need to have colonoscopies at an earlier time.
你的医生可能在你的病史中发现了某些迹象,或者你当时报告了一些症状,让他们决定:我们还是检查一下,看看情况如何。
Your doctor may have seen something in your medical history, some symptoms you were reporting at the time that made them say, let's go ahead and check and let's just see where we are.
并不是因为你患有双相情感障碍,通常我们所有人都在45岁左右开始做这项检查。
Not just because you live with bipolar disorder, Typically, 45 is the the time when we all have to go ahead and get that done.
我在三十多岁的时候就做了检查。
And I got mine done in my thirties.
我是特别的。
I was special.
你很特别,你这个可爱的孩子。
You were special, you sweet boy.
没关系。
It's okay.
没关系。
It's okay.
我会这么说,因为我不喜欢做这个检查。
I will give that to you because I did not enjoy mine.
人们总是说,我不想做结肠镜检查。
I mean, people are always like, I don't wanna get a colonoscopy.
我还没遇到过谁对做结肠镜检查感到兴奋的。
I've yet to meet someone who's excited about their colonoscopy.
这是一项必要的麻烦事。
I mean, it's a necessary evil.
绝对没人会到处说,‘我四十岁生日到了。’
It's absolutely not something that anybody is running around saying, it's my 40 birthday.
再过一年我就可以做结肠镜检查了。
One more year till I can get my colonoscopy.
没人会主动做这个。
Like, nobody's doing this.
这并不是什么值得兴奋的事,但我们确实需要做。
It's not it's not a a thing to be excited about, but it is something that we do.
因为我们知道,如果能定期做结肠镜检查,就能在非常早期发现这些问题。
Because we know that if we can get these colonoscopies done on a regular basis, that we can catch things at very early stages.
我经常听到双相情感障碍群体中的人说,因为我有双相情感障碍,所以我更容易发生心脏病发作,或者更容易患上癌症。
Now one of the things that I hear all the time from people in the bipolar community is, well, because I have bipolar disorder, I'm at higher risk attack, of dying of a heart attack, or of developing cancer.
这是真的吗?
Is that true?
有这方面的数据吗?
Is there data on this?
这就像我们之前讨论糖尿病和某些维生素缺乏时说的一样。
It's just like we talked about with diabetes and some of the vitamin deficiencies.
有时候是饮食问题。
Sometimes it's diet.
有时候是因为患有双相情感障碍的人,往往难以避免陷入困境——要么是因为病情严重,他们只求能维持生存,避免住院、入狱或身处其他糟糕的环境;要么是因为他们超重。
Sometimes it is the fact that when people live with bipolar disorder, it it is not uncommon that whether it's because their illness is so severe that they are just trying to hold on and just trying to stay out of the hospital and out of jail and out of all of those unpleasant environments, or maybe it's because they are overweight.
也可能是药物导致了体重增加。
Maybe the medication has led to some weight gain.
也许他们无法像自己希望的那样密切关注饮食和生活方式。
Maybe they don't have the ability to pay attention to their diet and lifestyle things as as closely as they would like.
你知道,这些都会增加你患心脏病、心肌梗死等疾病的风险。
You know, those are all things that are gonna set you up for things like heart attack and other heart disease.
但还有一点你要考虑,加布,那就是家族史。
You know, but the other thing to think about, Gabe, is family history.
我们无法摆脱家族遗传的影响。
We can't outrun our family history.
我们无法超越自己的基因。
We we cannot outrun our genetics.
因此,如果你家族中有心脏病发作、中风或糖尿病等病史,你就需要更加关注和警惕,确保自己很好地管理这些健康问题。
And so if you have a family history of any of these things, heart attack, stroke, diabetes, you need to be that much more concerned and vigilant about making sure that you're staying on top of this stuff.
我越来越感觉到,现实是这种情况非常个性化和私人化,患有双相情感障碍的人可能面临更高的风险,但这种风险也可能源于多种因素的综合作用。
I'm really starting to get the feeling that the reality is is this is very individualized and very personal, that that people with bipolar disorder may be at a higher risk, but they could also be at higher risk because of a combination of things.
这让我想起了火和汽油。
It sort of reminds me of fire and gasoline.
单独来看,它们都没问题,但一旦结合在一起,就可能出问题,除非受到控制。
Separately, they're fine, but you put them together and you might have a problem, unless it's controlled.
受控的火和汽油就是内燃机,也是我们所有人的汽车得以运行的原理。
Fire and gasoline controlled is the internal combustion engine and how we all get cars.
因此,说火和汽油结合就是坏的,并不公平;同样,说你患有双相情感障碍且超重就一定会出现某种健康问题,也是不公平的。
So it's not fair to say that combining fire and gasoline is bad, just like it's not fair to say that if you have bipolar disorder and you're overweight, you will definitely have fill in the blank.
这两者之间并不必然有直接联系。
That doesn't necessarily connect either.
但我从社区、邮件和社交媒体上听到的真正反馈是,人们真诚地觉得,因为自己患有双相情感障碍,就一定会遭遇糟糕的身体健康状况。
But what I'm really hearing in the community and our email box and social media suggests is that people honestly feel that because they live with bipolar disorder, they will experience poor physical health.
双相情感障碍绝对是身体问题的根源,这种说法并不成立。
That bipolar disorder is absolutely the root cause of physical problems, that that's not the case.
我担心的是,如果你突然认为这是不可避免的,就不会采取任何措施去预防,因为你觉得反正它迟早会发生。
My concern is that if you just all of a sudden think it's inevitable, then you don't do anything to try to prevent it from from happening because you just think, ah, it's gonna happen anyway.
反正我想吃啥就吃啥吧。
Might as well eat whatever I want.
反正我会得糖尿病的。
I'm a get diabetes anyway.
反正我会心脏病发作,51岁就死了。
I'm a have a heart attack and die at 51 anyway.
所以我干脆想吃啥就吃啥,想怎么活就怎么活,别管它了。
So I might as well eat everything I want and live how I wanna live and not worry about it.
我不喜欢这种思维方式。
I don't I don't like that line of thinking.
我觉得这非常危险。
I think that's pretty dangerous.
我也不喜欢这种想法,即药物会导致我患上糖尿病,胆固醇和其他指标上升。
I also don't like the line of thinking of, well, the medicine's gonna cause me to have diabetes and my cholesterol and stuff to go up.
所以我干脆不吃药,但我们不能忽视一个事实:药物确实能提升你的生活质量、稳定性和你应对疾病的能力。
So I'm just not gonna take it because we can't ignore the fact that the medication absolutely adds to your quality of life, adds to your stability, to how much you can accomplish with your illness.
而且,知道自己患有这样一种疾病——药物可能增加你患上某些健康问题的风险——确实是非常艰难的处境。
And and it is a very tough spot to be in to to know that I have a disorder where the medication can increase my risk of having certain medical things happen.
甚至疾病本身有时也会让你难以过上你理想中的健康生活方式。
And even the illness itself can sometimes make it difficult to live the healthy lifestyle I like to live.
我觉得自己被困住了,我完全理解这种感受。
And and I feel like I'm stuck, and I completely understand that.
但这就是团队存在的意义。
But that is the point of the team.
这就是为什么如果你服用非典型抗精神病药,就应该每年至少检查一次血脂指标,了解你的胆固醇、甘油三酯、低密度脂蛋白和高密度脂蛋白的变化情况。
That is why if you take medications like an atypical antipsychotic, if you take one of those, you should be getting at least annual checking your lipid panels to see what your cholesterol and your triglycerides and your LDL and your HDL are doing.
你应该每年接受一次血糖检测,无论是通过空腹血糖化验,还是通过糖化血红蛋白(HbA1c)检测。
You should be annually having someone look at some indication of your glucose, whether it's the fasting glucose with the lab or whether they order that a one c.
你知道,糖化血红蛋白A1c能告诉我们过去三个月你的血糖水平如何。
You know, that hemoglobin a one c kinda tells us what your blood sugar has been doing over the previous three months.
它能让我们更好地了解你平时的血糖状况。
It gives us a a a much better idea of what your blood sugar is like on a regular basis.
这些检查很有帮助。
Those things are helpful.
很少有人会从非常正常的范围突然跳到严重异常的范围。
Very few times are you gonna have somebody who legit is going from a very, very normal range to, you know, a a way out the box range.
大多数情况下,血糖是逐渐上升的,如果我们定期做这些检查,就能发现这种趋势。
Most of the time, it's gonna be a gradual increase and we're gonna see that if we're getting those labs on a regular basis.
所以,这些检查至关重要,必须持续关注。
So those things are extremely important to keep top of.
你一讲起医生那一套,我就特别喜欢。
I love it when you talk all doctor y.
你提到糖化血红蛋白的时候,我还以为那是新出来的蜘蛛侠反派,以为我们要聊新漫威电影了。
You know, when you said hemoglobin, I thought that was the new Spider Man villain, and we were getting ready to talk about the new Marvel movie.
加布,我真没法翻白眼翻得更夸张了。
Gabe, I could not roll my eyes any any harder.
我要是再翻,就要睡着了。
If I do, I'm gonna fall asleep.
当然。
Sure.
当然。
Sure.
全是医生范儿。
All doctor y.
这就是我在这里的原因。
It's why I'm here.
这就是我在这里的原因。
It's why I'm here.
对我来说很难。
It's difficult for me.
对吧?
Right?
很多人会想,如果医生因为双相情感障碍而安排检查,那我一定有危险。
A lot of people are like, well, if a doctor is ordering tests because of bipolar disorder, I must be in harm's way.
但通过向您学习,医生,我逐渐明白了。
But I've come to understand through learning from you, Doctor.
我希望这次对话能明确一点:过度谨慎并不等于你身处危险之中。
And I hope this conversation is really established, an abundance of caution is not the same thing as you are in harm's way.
当然。
Absolutely.
我敢说,你周围很可能有很多人也在做同样的检查。
And I would venture to say that probably a lot of people in your circle are getting some of these same labs done.
只是他们没有说出来而已。
They're just not talking about it.
没人会说:嘿。
Nobody's saying, hey.
我去抽个HbA1c。
I'm a go get my a one c drawn.
有人会说,我们都不谈这些随机的事情。
Somebody like, nobody talk we don't we don't talk about these random things.
我们就是不谈。
We just don't.
所以我会说,你圈子里的人很可能也在做这些检查。
And and so I would I would say, probably people in your circle are getting them done.
我们总是找些随机的事情来和别人比较,但很少能在比较中得到积极的结论。
We always find these random things to compare ourselves to other people, and rarely do we ever come out on the positive end of our comparisons.
我们总是发现一些自己没做到的事,觉得别人都做得很好,这只会让我们对自己感觉更糟。
We always find something that we're not doing that we think everybody else is doing great, and it just makes us feel bad about ourselves.
你是想说,双相情感障碍患者更容易以悲观和消极的方式看待问题,也许是通过抑郁的视角,比其他人更明显吗?
Are you telling me that people with bipolar disorder are more likely to think pessimistically and negatively, maybe through the lens of depression, than others?
那是
That's
让你感到惊讶。
that you surprised.
应该讨论。
Should discuss.
我知道。
I know.
我知道,我知道。
I know, I know.
现实是,患有双相情感障碍是困难的。
The reality is living with bipolar disorder is difficult.
我认为,有时媒体——我要指出媒体——对研究的报道存在误导。
And I think that sometimes the media, and I want to call out the media, I think the media misreport studies.
他们说像‘双相情感障碍患者某事的发生几率是两倍’,但你的原始几率是一十亿分之一,现在变成五亿分之一。
They say things like, Well, people with bipolar disorder have double the odds of something, but your odds were one in a billion, and now your odds are one in five hundred million.
‘几率翻倍’听起来很可怕,但实际上,你的风险并没有增加多少。
Double the odds sounds terrifying, but in actuality, your odds didn't go up all that much.
你可以做一些事情来降低风险,比如与全科医生合作,与医生进行开放而诚实的对话。
And you can do things to lower your odds, like work with a general practitioner, have open and honest conversations with Doctor.
妮可尔,去做血液检查,做睡眠研究,做结肠镜检查,做任何必要的预防性检查,这些真的很有帮助,再加上饮食、锻炼、睡眠卫生,以及我们在这档节目中讨论过的其他所有事项。
Nicole, get the blood work, get the sleep study, get the colonoscopy, get the whatever it is, the preventative care really helps, along with diet, exercise, sleep hygiene, and all the other things that we've talked about on this show.
如果你从这一集中什么都没学到,那至少应该明白:你对自身的身体健康和结果拥有比你想象中多得多的掌控力。
If you've learned nothing else from this episode, it should be you have a lot more control about your physical health and outcome than you realize.
你有100%的掌控权吗?
Do you have a 100% control?
没有,但也没人有。
No, but nobody does.
双相情感障碍并没有剥夺你的这种掌控力。
Bipolar disorder didn't take that control from you.
这本来就是人生的一部分。
That's just part of the human experience.
但我认为,尤其是听了这一集的人,会真心觉得自己因为双相情感障碍而处境更糟,这是第一点。
But I think that people, especially listening to this episode, honestly believe that they are in a worse position because of bipolar disorder, number one.
第二,他们觉得对此无能为力,因为双相情感障碍目前没有治愈方法。
And two, there's nothing they can do about it because there is no cure for bipolar disorder.
医生。
Doctor.
最后一句话,打消他们的这种想法,让他们感到开心。
Final word, dispel them of that notion and leave them feeling happy.
是的。
Yeah.
我的意思是,就像你说的,把精力投入到你能真正控制的事情上。
I mean, like you said, put your energy into something you can actually control.
我的意思是,关于你的疾病和生活的方方面面,我们有很多事情是无法控制的。
I mean, there are so many things about your illness and about life in general that we have no ability to control.
但你绝对可以控制的是:我有没有预约这个检查?
But you absolutely have control over, do I schedule that appointment?
我有没有每年去看医生?
Do I go see my doctor every year?
我有没有密切关注我的情绪水平?
Do I stay on top of my levels?
我有没有每天散步?
Do I take that walk every day?
我有没有在饮食上做出正确的选择?
Do I do I make one dietary decision over another?
这些都是你可以掌控的事情。
Those are all things that you have control over.
最终,这能帮助你避免陷入你所读到的关于双相情感障碍患者的负面统计数据中。
And ultimately, that can help you not be on the negative end of those statistics you read about people living with bipolar disorder.
好的。
Alright.
说到这里,我们需要一个
And with that said, we need a
一大群人,加布。
whole bunch Gabe.
加布。
Gabe.
加布。
Gabe.
我知道我知道你不是女人。
I know I know you're not a not a woman.
你没有乳房。
You don't have breasts.
但是
But
哦,我本来准备结束节目了。
Oh, I was ready to end the show.
你是准备了。
You were.
你是准备了。
You were.
你确实是。
You were.
我当时就想直接关掉节目了。
I was ready to just leave it off
你这么阳刚,居然不提乳腺检查,真是难得。
for How the very manly of you to not to not bring up mammograms.
对吧?
Right?
拜托了。
Please.
女士们,乳腺筛查,40岁开始。
I, ladies, mammograms, age 40.
但如果你有乳腺癌家族史,或者发现乳房有肿块、任何异常变化,一定要及时检查。
But if you have a family history of breast cancer, if you notice a lump, if you notice anything different about your breast, make sure you're getting those things checked out.
如果我们能及早发现,完全有可能改变乳腺癌的病程。
We absolutely can make a difference in the course of breast cancer if we can catch it early enough.
早期发现是关键。
Early detection is the key.
我有过一些患者,她们的伴侣在乳房中发现了肿块,并说:嘿。
And I have had patients whose partners have located their masses in their breasts and have said, hey.
这 normally 不该在这里。
This is this is not normally there.
这里发生了什么?
What's going on here?
这导致了诊断。
And that's led to diagnosis.
我见过一些女性做自我乳房检查。
I've had ladies do self breast exams.
但你们真的应该每年去看一下你的全科医生,如果他们负责女性健康检查,或者去看产科医生和妇科医生,以确保你按时接受宫颈涂片检查,即使在没有做宫颈涂片的年份也要进行盆腔检查,并确保进行乳房检查。
But really, you should be going to see either your primary care doctor if they take care of the women's health exams or an obstetrician gynecologist annually to make sure that you're getting your Pap smears at a regular interval to make sure you're having pelvic exams even on those years that you're not getting actual pap smears done and to make sure that the breast exams are done.
所以,女士们,我们也要确保照顾好这些方面。
So ladies, we have to make sure that we are taking care of those things as well.
我们知道,一年只发生一次的事情很容易被忘记。
And we know how easy it is to forget something that only happens once a year.
所以,女士们,不要忘记那些专属于我们的检查。
So ladies, do not forget that we have to do those exams that that are just for us.
男士们,你们也需要去检查前列腺,而且一旦你们像加布一样年纪大了,也要注意前列腺健康。
And men, you need to go get your prostate checked and you need to make sure that once you, you know, get old like Gabe that you're taking care of your prostate health too.
你刚才说像加布一样老?
Did you say old like Gabe?
我不记得我这么说过了。
I don't think that's what I said.
我总觉得你说的是‘像老医生一样’。
I really feel like you said old Doctor.
我完全同意。
Like I completely agree.
完全同意,米娅·卡尔帕差点就忘了。
Completely agree, Mia Kalpa for almost forgetting it.
但我确实想问一下,你刚才推荐的所有这些措施都是针对所有女性的,对吧?
But I do want to ask, everything that you just recommended is for all women, right?
前列腺检查是针对所有有前列腺的人的,对吧?
The prostate exam is for all people with prostates, right?
这和双相情感障碍没有任何关系。
This has nothing to do with bipolar disorder.
我觉得正是因为我们都太专注于管理双相情感障碍,反而忽略了大局,没能获得必要的常规护理。
I think that just because we are so focused on managing bipolar disorder, we don't see the forest through the trees and we don't get the routine care that we need.
是的。
Yeah.
所以你并不是说双相情感障碍会增加你需要做乳腺X光检查的概率。
So you're not saying that bipolar disorder raises your odds of needing a mammogram.
不是。
No.
但你一抬头就会想,哦,我好像已经三年没做乳腺X光检查了。
But you look up and you think, oh, like I I haven't had a mammogram in like three years.
天啊。
Like, oh my god.
我太忙了,因为你一直在处理其他所有事情。
I got so busy because you were managing all the other things.
如果你的病情一直不稳定,很难跟上日常事务,那么每年偶然发生一次、没人提醒你的事情,就很容易被遗忘,但我们不希望你等到为时已晚才想起来。
And and if your illness hasn't been that stable and and you just have had a hard time keeping up with stuff, the the thing that happens once a year randomly that nobody really reminds you of is the easy thing to forget about, but then we don't wanna have a situation where you don't think about it until it's too late.
而现在我们要走的路更加艰难,这甚至可能进一步扰乱你的情绪障碍。
And now we have an even tougher course to go and that can disrupt your mood disorder even more.
随着本集接近尾声,我真能理解,如果你过于专注于管理双相情感障碍,就会开始忘记其他需要管理的事情。
As we wind down this episode, I I I can really see where if you're so focused on managing bipolar disorder that you start to forget about the the other things that you need to manage.
所有人都需要管理自己的身体健康。
All humans need to manage their physical health.
我真的非常抱歉我们之前把它们分开了。
And I I'm super sorry that we separated out.
我真的、真的非常抱歉。
I really, really am.
但现实是,你需要像投入管理心理健康一样,投入同等的努力来管理你的身体健康。
But the reality is, is you need to put as much effort into managing your physical health as you're putting into managing your mental health.
如果你能好好管理自己的健康,就能让自己处于最佳状态,过上高质量、健康、功能健全、精力充沛的生活。
And if you manage your health well, that puts you in the best position to lead a high quality, healthy, functional, energetic, best life that you can.
我认为,这个观点是我们所有人都能认同的。
And I think I think that's a message we can all get behind.
我们每个人都只有一个身体。
We we all have one body.
这是上天赐予我们的唯一一个身体。
It's the only one we've been given.
这是我们唯一需要照顾的身体。
It's it's it's the only one we have to take care of.
而不幸的是,当你还有其他事情影响它的健康时,我们只能尽力而为。
And, unfortunately, when you have other things going on that can complicate its health, we just gotta do what we gotta do.
好的。
Alright.
非常感谢大家的到来。
Thank you everybody so much for being here.
我们需要你们帮忙做几件事。
We need a few favors from you.
首先,无论你们在哪个平台下载了这一集,请关注或订阅本节目。
First, wherever you downloaded this episode, please follow or subscribe to the show.
这是完全免费的,你们不想错过任何一集。
It is absolutely free, and you don't wanna miss a single episode.
接下来,我们需要你们告诉你们认识的每一个人。
Next, we need you to tell everybody you know.
我的意思是,每一个你认识的人。
I mean like everybody.
在社交媒体上分享你们最喜欢的剧集,创建一个Reddit帖子,在支持小组中提起它,给某人发邮件,或者发短信。
Share your favorite episodes on social media, start a Reddit thread, bring it up in a support group, send somebody an email, send somebody a text message.
如果你觉得无聊,又擅长制作大型标语牌,并且愿意站在高速公路旁举着它们,那就写上:现在就打开你最喜欢的播客平台,收听《双相情感障碍内观》播客吧,因为把节目分享给认识的人,是我们壮大的方式。
If you are bored and you know how to make great big signs and you're willing to stand by the freeway holding them up, just write, listen to the Inside Bipolar podcast on your favorite podcast player right now because sharing the show with the people you know is how we're gonna grow.
我叫加布·霍华德,我写了《精神疾病就像个混蛋及其他观察》这本书,你可以在亚马逊上买到。
My name is Gabe Howard, I wrote the book Mental Illness as an Asshole and Other Observations, which you can get on Amazon.
不过,如果你访问我的网站,可以买到我亲笔签名的版本,我还会送你一些免费周边商品。
However, if you go over to my website, you can get a signed copy, I'll even throw in some free swag.
我的网站是 gabehoward.com。
That website is gabehoward.com.
我是妮可·华盛顿医生。
And I'm doctor Nicole Washington.
你可以在所有社交媒体平台上找到我,用户名是 doctor Nicole Psych,或者访问我的网站 doctor Nicole Psych dot com。
You can find me on all social media platforms at doctor Nicole Psych or on my website, doctor Nicole Psych dot com.
我们下次再见,欢迎收听《内心双相》播客。
And we will see everybody next time on the Inside Bipolar podcast.
您正在收听的是由 Healthline Media 和 psychcentral.com 联合制作的《内心双相》。
You've been listening to inside bipolar from Healthline Media and psychcentral.com.
对节目有反馈吗?
Have feedback for the show?
请发送邮件至 show@psychcentral.com。
Email us at show@psychcentral.com.
往期节目可在 psychcentral.com/ibp 或您喜爱的播客平台找到。
Previous episodes can be found at psychcentral.com/ibp or on your favorite podcast player.
感谢收听。
Thank you for listening.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。