本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
无处可逃。
There's no place to escape to.
这是最后一次。
This is the last time.
在左边。
On the left.
为什么?
Why?
去你的釉料吧。
Fuck your glaze.
那就是食人行为开始的时候。
That's when the cannibalism started.
那是什么?
What was that?
好吧。
Alright.
好了,是时候你们都跟我一起下去了
Well, it's time for you all to come down with me
进入我的世界。
into my world.
哦,随便吧。
Oh, whatever.
好。
Yeah.
我们这里已经太过细腻了。
We've had too much nuance around here.
我们太过关注政治意识,太过追求成长了。
We've had too much political awareness, too much growth.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
太多背景信息了。
Too much context.
现在是时候彻底倒退了。
Now it's time to take it all the way back.
我们要倒退。
We're gonna regress.
没错。
That's right.
欢迎。
Welcome.
现在是2010年。
It's the year 2010.
哦。
Oh.
完全不在乎。
No cares at all.
不在乎。
No cares.
嗯,我
Well, I
我得过疝气。
had a hernia.
是的。
Yes.
是的。
Yeah.
每个
Every
那一年经历了一次很糟糕的分手。
Pretty bad breakup that year.
那真不容易。
That was rough.
但除此之外,一切都完美至极。
But besides that, it was utterly perfect.
最后我住进了一间天花板上有两个洞、长满黑霉的公寓。
Ended up in a an apartment with two holes in the ceiling and black mold.
连厨房都没有。
Didn't even have a kitchen.
那真是艰难的一年。
That was a really rough year.
但互联网的窗口。
But the porthole of the Internet.
哦,它让我看到了一个更黑暗的世界。
Oh, it did look out in a darker world.
是的。
Yes.
确实如此。
Indeed.
确实如此。
It did.
因此,今天我们需要定下基调,罗布,用我的真实犯罪音乐。
And that's why we need to set the tone today, Rob, with my true crime music.
有时候男孩就是男孩,但另一些时候,男孩们
Sometimes boys will be boys, But some other times, boys,
会变成疯子。
they be maniacs.
没错,老兄。
Hell yeah, man.
如今,‘疯子’这个词被用得太过随意了。
Now the term maniac is thrown around pretty loosely these days.
当我们在美国想到一个疯子时,会联想到一个人在高速公路上比我们快五英里每小时开车。
When we think of a maniac over here in The United States Of America, it brings up the image of a person driving about five miles an hour faster than us on the freeway.
该死的疯子。
Fucking maniacs.
或者一个在广告里大声叫卖、毫不留情地压低床垫价格的家伙,让你作为顾客担心他们的利润底线。
Or loud man on a commercial, absolutely gutting prices on mattresses so carelessly that you as a customer get worried about their bottom line.
但我是个疯子。
But I'm crazy.
疯狂埃迪。
Crazy Eddie.
但总体来看,东欧的产量
But it seems overall yield Eastern Europe,
意味着完全不同的东西。
it means something else entirely.
在东欧,疯子一点也不好笑。
Maniacs aren't funny in Eastern Europe.
嗯嗯。
Mm-mm.
他们用建筑工具杀害儿童。
They murder children with construction tools.
这里一点都不好笑。
No humor here.
所以这些就是那些疯疯癫癫的螺丝刀小子吗?
So are these the screwy screwdriver boys?
是的,
Yeah,
宝贝。
baby.
欢迎来到《最后的左派播客》,还是你要先说?
Welcome to last podcast on the left, or were you going to take it?
欢迎来到《最后的左派播客》。
Welcome to last podcast on the left.
我叫亨利·扎布罗夫斯基。
My name is Henry Zabrowski.
我是今天的解说员,我坐在这里的是喜剧天才马库斯·帕克斯。
I'm your narrator here today, and I'm sitting here with the comedic mastermind, Marcus Parks.
是的。
Yeah.
这就是我出名的原因。
That's what I'm known for.
我的喜剧。
My comedy.
我很兴奋,因为我已经安排马库斯来扮演这些角色。
I'm excited because I've teed up Marcus to play the characters.
当然。
Sure.
对。
Yes.
是的。
Yes.
我一直在练习我的俄罗斯口音,或者说乌克兰口音。
I I've been working on my Russian accent or Ukrainian accent as it were.
它们几乎是一模一样的。
They're pretty much they're very, very similar.
非常相似。
Very similar.
听不出来,这就像佐治亚口音和北卡罗来纳口音之间的区别。
Cannot hear the I mean, it's like the difference between, like, a Georgia accent and a North Carolina accent.
我们或许能分辨出来,但在那边不行。
We could maybe tell the difference, but Not over there.
我猜乌克兰人听不出来。
I would imagine a Ukrainian would not.
我是乌克兰人。
I'm Ukrainian.
我根本不知道我们听起来是什么样子。
I don't even know what we sound like.
你听起来就是这样。
You sound like this.
据我所知。
From what I can tell.
我饿了。
I'm hungry.
我饿了。
I'm hungry.
我的晚餐在哪?
Where's my dinner?
不。
No.
这是我的尝试。
This is my attempt.
我完全写了这个剧本。
I completely wrote this script.
这是为亨利·第聂伯罗彼得罗夫斯克狂人所作的尝试。
This is my attempt for Henry Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs.
哦,非常好。
Oh, very nice.
我一直在浴室里练习。
I've been practicing it in the bathroom.
哦,是的。
Oh, yeah.
换句话说,对于我们不太乌克兰化的观众,也叫锤子狂人。
Otherwise known as the Hammer Maniacs for our less Ukrainian inclined.
等一下。
Hold on.
这些不是那些该死的扳手吗?
These aren't the the wretched wrenches?
不。
No.
不。
No.
不。
No.
那是垒球队。
That's the softball team.
凶猛的吉娃娃?
The vicious feist?
不。
No.
再说一遍,那是女子足球队。
Again, that's the lady soccer team.
现在以犯罪发生地命名,第聂伯罗彼得罗夫斯克是乌克兰中部的一座工业城市。
Now named for the location of the majority of the crimes, Dnepropetrovsk is an industrial city in Central Ukraine.
2016年,它被改名为第聂伯罗,这对我来说挺好的。
In 2016, it was renamed Dneprop, which is great for me.
第聂伯罗彼得罗夫斯克。
Dnepropetrovsk.
是的。
Yes.
因为更名后就去除了共产主义色彩。
Because it was uncommunisted.
对。
Yeah.
因为这座城市最初是以一名俄罗斯士兵的名字命名的。
Because it was originally named after a Russian soldier.
所以后来他们才做出了更名的举动。
So then they turn they they did that.
我猜他们把所有和苏联有关的元素都移除了。
They took all, I guess, all the Soviet stuff out.
是的
Yeah.
这在世界这个地区经常发生。
It happens a lot in this area of the world.
斯大林格勒、列宁格勒等等。
Stalingrad, Leningrad, etcetera, etcetera.
简短点。
Like, make it short.
简洁一点。
Make it snappy.
1972年2月,有时在第三人协助下,进行长达一个月的暴力袭击,造成二十一人遇难。
Now 02/1972, sometimes with the help of a third, go on a month long bludgeoning spree ending in twenty one victims.
促使此案引起国际关注的原因是,这些男孩喜欢用手机拍摄他们犯罪的影像。
What brought this case to international attention was due to the boys' propensity to pictorialize their crimes on a cell phone.
一些此类犯罪的视频曾在法庭上播放,且本不打算对外公开。
The videos of some such crimes were shown in court and not intended for release.
但有一段证据视频被泄露到了互联网上。
But one piece of evidentiary video would get leaked to the Internet.
没人知道是怎么回事。
No one knows how.
上传者给它命名为“三个人,一把锤子”,视频中两个眉骨突出的东欧青年一边大笑,一边用锤子将一名男子打死,并用螺丝刀挖出他的眼球。
The uploader named it three guys, one hammer, and it depicted two thick browed Eastern European youths giggling as they beat a man to death with a hammer and pulled his eyeballs out with a screwdriver.
哦,他们还用了螺丝刀。
Oh, they did you a screwdriver.
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
不。
No.
他们确实用了一个。
They got one in there.
是的。
Yeah.
而且是更倾向于弹出来,而不是拉出来。
And it's more popping them out than pulling them.
嗯,我想它
Well, I guess it
我才是这里的作者。
I'm the author here.
十字螺丝刀还是一字螺丝刀?
Phillips head or flat head?
我觉得他们拿到什么就用什么。
I think it's whatever they could get.
人们因为同样的病态好奇心,在全球范围内传播了这段视频。
People shared it all over the world fueled by the same morbid curiosity that birthed it.
这些疯子最终因为自己的愚蠢而被捕。
These maniacs would eventually get caught due to their own stupidity.
然而,不知为何,这段视频却激励了互联网上一代又一代的边缘青年,引发了数起模仿犯罪,并最终被弗拉基米尔·普京用来为其当前对乌克兰的入侵提供正当性。
Still, somehow this one video would go on to inspire a generation of edgelords on the Internet, generate several copycat crimes, and eventually be used by Vladimir Putin to validate his current invasion of Ukraine.
是的。
Yeah.
我的意思是,这个案例出人意料地与当前的世界大事紧密相关。
It is I mean, this case is surprisingly central to current world events.
这真的挺奇怪的。
It's really weird.
一旦我打开引擎盖,我就来解释一下它的原理。
Once I pop the hood on it, I'm gonna explain a bit of it.
这有点复杂,但正是当我们这些不太关注新闻的美国人听到‘普京说我们要去纳粹化乌克兰’这种说法时,他所举的例子之一就是这些失控的青年,他们肆意破坏基辅等城市。
It's it's a bit complicated, but it's one of those where this was where when we see the term now as Americans that are maybe not up on the news, this idea of Putin saying we're going to denazify Ukraine, this is one of the examples he used as some of the run amok youth that just destroy the cities of Kyiv and and other such places.
我还以为今天学不到任何东西呢。
I thought we weren't gonna learn anything today.
哦,你这个混蛋。
Oh, you fucker.
我直接把它塞进去。
I slide it right in there.
他很多年前就对历史着了迷。
He caught the history bug many years ago.
他无法
He can't
他根本摆脱不了。
he he cannot get rid of it.
实际上,我目前正在服用一系列药物,可以防止娜塔莉感染。
Actually, my what's nice though is I am on a series of pills that keep Natalie from getting it.
自从我第一次看到《三人一锤》中那些画面时,这个故事就深深吸引了我,那时我还年轻,内心阴暗。
Now this story has fascinated me since I first saw stills from three guys, one hammer as a more evil young man.
我确信,你们当中不止我一个,当年作为年轻而病态的人,曾看过尽可能多的这段视频。
I'm certain I'm not the only one of you who saw as much of this video as I could handle as a young morbid person.
我们中有多少人曾互相挑衅,去观看那些会永远烙印在脑海里的画面?
How many of us dared each other to look at an image that will forever be emblazoned in your mind?
我们本不需要在2009年发动战争。
We didn't need to go to war, not in 2009.
不。
No.
我只需要一台电脑,就能看到一个人的手被工业碎纸机搅成了意大利面酱。
All I needed was my PC to see a man's hand turned into SpaghettiOs by an industrial shredder.
对你们来说,最先浮现在脑海中的画面是什么?
What is the image that comes up for first for you guys?
对我来说,是rotten.com上的一张图片。
For me, it is a a rotten.com image.
你们还记得他们切开蛇的肚子,里面有个死人吗?
Do you remember where they cut the snake open and there was the dead guy inside?
是的。
Yes.
那就是我印象最深的那张。
That's the one for me.
很有趣。
Fascinating.
还有就是一个人把自己的睾丸和阴茎塞进嘴里。
That and also a guy getting his testicles and penis shoved into his mouth.
嘿。
Hey.
得对他做点什么了。
Something's gotta be done with him.
埃迪?
Eddie?
嗯,我小时候特别喜欢看各种死亡的面容和死亡的痕迹。
Well, I always like the I liked a lot of faces of death and traces of death when I was a kid.
我记得一些面孔,但我记不清了
And I remember faces I don't Do
你记得那些HGTV上的死亡场景吗?
you remember that HGTV spaces of death?
精彩的节目。
Amazing show.
我
I
我喜欢,我记得有一个家伙跳伞落入鳄鱼坑的片段。
liked I think there was the one where the guy parachuted into the alligator pit.
那个总是很酷。
That one was always cool.
这很有趣。
That's fun.
然后还有
And then there was
你们不是基于这个写了个小品吗?
Y'all y'all wrote a sketch based on that, didn't you?
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
可怜的善良的同性恋迈克尔。
Poor sweet gay Michael.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
我记得。
I remember.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
没错。
It's right.
看看那个。
Look at that.
我以前总是做的另一个是什么?
And what was the other one that I always did?
哦,就是那些人从楼顶跳下来的场景。
Oh, there's, like, the the guys jumping off the building.
还有人把那些家伙剖开的画面。
There was the people cutting open the guys.
有很多画面一直萦绕在我心头,后来我就全部停止了。
There was a lot of it that just haunted me, and then I stopped it all.
我甚至都不喜欢 rotten.com,因为我很年轻的时候就已经退出了,因为我把眼睛看坏了。
Like, I didn't even enjoy rotten.com because I was already out at a very young age because I had killed my eyes.
说实话,我好奇为什么没有更多人像我们这样,因为我知道我深入研究过这些。
Honestly, I wonder why more people weren't like us because I know I went deep into this.
后来我见到了三个人,其中一个后来用锤子杀了人。
I end up seeing three guys, one hammer later on in life.
我根本不知道这东西存在过。
I didn't even know this existed.
这属于那个特定时期的现象,从2008年它出现到2010年,当时‘左派最后的播客’所代表的那些东西深深植入了我们的脑海。
This was was one of those when we were hyper online at a certain time period from 2008 when this came out to 2010 when the formations of what made last podcast on the left jumped inside of our brains.
这不过是那块拼布上的一小块补丁。
This is by this is a patch on that quilt.
非常大的一个。
Very big one.
嗯哼。
Mhmm.
而且这也说明了当时互联网的状况,因为你知道,我们根本不知道是谁把这段视频传上去的。
And it also, you know, it also says a lot about the Internet at the time because, you know, we don't know who put the video online.
我们确实不知道。
We do not know.
但这个名字明显告诉你,上传者是个长期泡在网上的人,因为它引用了‘两个女孩一个杯子’。
But the name definitely tells you that it was someone who was chronically online because it's a reference to two girls one cup.
哦,实际上,马库斯,你错了,因为这个视频的原名是‘热辣妞们’。
Oh, actually, Marcus, that's where you're wrong because the video was actually entitled hot bitches.
我了解到这一点。
I learned that.
但它后来变成了‘两个女孩,一个杯子’。
It became two girls one cup though.
这就是包装的方式。
That's how Packaging.
所以是营销。
So marketing.
是的。
Yes.
它变成了人人都知道的东西。
It became everyone
‘两个女孩,一个杯子’原来叫‘热辣妞们’?
two girls, one cup was called hot bitches?
饥饿的婊子。
Hungry bitches.
饥饿的婊子。
Hungry bitches.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
这是因为她们饿了。
It was because they were hungry.
为了便便?
For poo poo?
是的。
Yeah.
但其实是酸奶。
For but it was yogurt
正如我们都知道的。
as we all know.
母狗会吃屎。
Are female dogs, and dogs eat shit.
谢谢你,埃迪。
Thank you, Eddie.
干得好。
Good work.
除了我可爱的女孩们。
Except for my lovely girls.
昨天我不得不阻止我的两只狗吃浣熊的粪便。
I had to stop my dogs, both of my dogs, from eating raccoon shit yesterday.
小心点。
Be careful.
里面会有寄生虫。
They got worms in it.
是的
Yeah.
但你试过吗?
But have you tried it?
这要看是不是本地的。
Depends if it's local.
现在这是一种自然的孩童般的好奇心,是的。
Now it's a natural childlike curiosity Yeah.
我阻止
I stop
去看血腥场面。
to look at gore.
对吧?
Right?
以前是翻石头看奇怪的虫子,或者查看腐烂的动物骨骼。
It used to be flipping over rocks to see weird bugs or checking out a rotting animal skeleton.
是的。
Yeah.
这最终会演变成孩子们一起看一本奇怪的色情杂志,甚至可能发展成某种‘OK饼干’式的情境。
That would eventually evolve to kids collectively looking at a weird porn magazine and and maybe devolving into some kind of okey cookie like situation.
我觉得那是我们父辈那一代的事,‘OK饼干’。
I feel that was more our father's generation, the okey cookie.
我觉得千禧一代已经终结了这种事。
I I feel like millennials put that to bed.
我认为这种事情只发生过一次,当我们所有人都十一岁左右的时候,大家都不由得惊呼。
I think that it happened once, one time by the time we were all 11, and everyone was like, woah.
哇哦。
Woah.
这可不是什么小猪佩奇。
This isn't porkies.
是的。
Yeah.
我们用的是松饼。
We used muffins.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
因为你们当中没人知道,那时候还不存在乳糜泻这个问题。
Because none of you were I guess that was before celiac disease was a thing.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
肉桂卷也会沾上所有东西。
Cinnamon rolls also catch everything.
那些小缝隙。
The little crevices.
当千禧一代的孩子们开始在家庭电脑室上网时,接触极端图像的情况呈指数级增长。
Exposure to extreme imagery increased exponentially once the millennial babies started surfing the worldwide web in the family computer room.
当我们这一代人到了开始和朋友接触黑暗内容的年龄时,我们已经在看《浴缸女孩2001》了。
By the time our generation hit the age to start getting dark with friends, we were watching tub girl 2001.
两个女孩,一个警察,也被称为《饥饿婊子2007》。
Two girls, one cop, also known as hungry bitches 2007.
阿布格莱布监狱士兵的酷刑视频,以及基地组织的斩首视频。
Torture videos of soldiers in Abu Ghraib, beheading videos from Al Qaeda.
我们喜欢这些。
Love them.
贩毒集团头目的头颅堆成山。
Piles of cartel leaders' heads.
没错。
Yep.
所有那些有趣的东西。
All the fun stuff.
最终,互联网接受了并封定了新的血腥之王——锤子狂魔。
And, eventually, the Internet would accept and crown the new kings of gore, the Hammer Maniacs.
你现在确定那些是首领的头颅,而不是下面那些人的吗?
Now are you sure there were the leaders heads and not the guys underneath them?
我不做。
I don't do.
因为我觉得当时有一堆头颅。
Because I feel like there was a bunch of heads.
那些不可能全是首领。
Those couldn't all be leaders.
是的。
Yeah.
一旦我们深入这些细节,那我们到底在做什么呢?
Once we get into the finer details of that, what are we, you know, what are we doing?
我们到底在立法什么?
What are we legislating?
你知道我说的是什么意思吗?
You know what mean?
我们不知道。
We don't know.
但在这个系列中,我的主要问题是,为什么有些孩子会被排斥,而有些孩子却会说?
But my main question in this series is why do some kids get repelled, and why do some kids say?
只有极少数孩子。
Very few kids.
但为什么有些孩子会说,如果我们自己制造一些会怎样?
But why do some of them say, what if we made some?
我认为这真的要追溯到
I think it really does go back to
这是一个修辞性的问题。
It's a rhetorical question.
这他妈的就是个修辞性的问题。
It's a goddamn rhetorical question.
我们可以在最后回答这个问题。
We can answer it at the end.
好的。
Alright.
好的。
Alright.
好的。
Alright.
终于问了一个问题,然后在剧本中停顿了一下。
Finally asked a question, then put a break in the script.
这是个修辞问题。
Rhetorical question.
是的。
Yeah.
我原以为你希望我回答这个问题。
I assumed that you wanted me to answer that question.
先铺垫一下。
Just tee up.
我们刚刚才进入主题。
We were just getting in there.
现在,我们今天的主要信息来源之一。
Now one of our main sources for today's an answer.
我们稍后会谈到储蓄。
We'll get to saving.
你可以把它放在口袋里保存起来。
You save it in your back pocket.
我们今天这一集的主要信息来源之一是Psycho.com上的《互联网上的连环杀手》,作者是艾琳·奥姆斯比,这部分内容长达60页,详细探讨了这起犯罪。
One of our main sources for today's episode is psycho.com, Serial killers on the Internet by Aileen Ormsby, which is a pretty thick 60 page section on the crime.
这是我们能找到的英文资料中最详尽的了。
That's the most that we could find in the English language.
是的。
Yeah.
雷切尔·伯克,我们那位了不起的、极其出色的全新研究员,她干得实在太棒了。
Rachel Burke, who is our amazing one of our fucking amazing new researchers, she's fucking crushing it.
我们的研究团队尽其所能,查阅了乌克兰媒体的报道。
Our research team, they did as much as they could looking at articles from you the Ukrainian press coverage.
由于相关报道本身不一致,大部分直接信息也缺乏一致性。
Most of the direct information is inconsistent due to the inconsistent reporting around it.
是的。
Yeah.
乌克兰警方对此保密,一些报道则极度耸人听闻。
The Ukrainian police were secretive and some of the reporting wildly sensational.
我们还参考了2010年的智利纪录片《锤子狂人》。
We also used the 2010 Chilean documentary, Los Maniacos del Martillo.
我们杰出的研究员雷切尔用大量学术论文为我补充了背景知识,而这些论文我自己根本看不懂。
And our incredible researcher, Rachel, she filled my brains with context using a world of academic papers that I could not understand on my own.
但她能看懂。
But she does.
那部智利纪录片,是的,那部完全没有任何夸张成分。
And that Chilean documentary, yeah, that one is in no way sensationalized.
天哪。
Oh my god.
你知道的,那个……
The you know what?
关于那部片子,关键在于它完全基于一个说法,即他们被乌克兰黑手党雇来拍摄虐杀影片。
The thing about the the that one is that all in on the concept that they were hired by Ukrainian mafias to make snuff films.
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
但这并不真实。
Which isn't true.
那些孩子就算想按时完成任务也做不到。
Those kids couldn't meet a deadline if they wanted to.
那我们对视频剪辑师了解多少?
And what do we know about video editors?
他们能按时完成任务。
They meet deadlines.
他们必须如此。
They have to.
他们必须如此。
They have to.
但我觉得那段视频没有剪辑过。
But the I don't think it was edited.
是一镜到底的。
Was all one take.
对吧?
Right?
不是这样的。
This no.
它被剪辑过,以适应互联网传播。
It was edited down for the Internet.
没错。
True.
有人把原本三十分钟的素材,嗯,剪辑了。
Someone took the someone took the original thirty minutes of it Mhmm.
并剪成了八分钟。
And edited into eight.
是的。
Yeah.
事实上,他们会说,这里内容太多了。
Really, they're like, this is know, there's too much here.
你可以删掉这段,去掉那段。
You can cut this, lose that.
信息太多了。
Too much context.
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
等等。
Wait.
信息太多了。
Too much context.
他们站在那里。
They're standing around.
确实有,
There literally is,
比如,有二十分钟,我们留到下一集再说,但就是他们闲逛了二十分钟。
like, 20 well, we'll get to this next episode, but there's, like, twenty minutes of them just hanging out.
哦,明白了。
Oh, okay.
《杜兰大学》这部纪录片挺有意思的。
The Tulane documentary was interesting.
我看了大部分内容,但有趣的是,他们只翻译每隔一句。
I watched most of that, but it was like the funny part was it was just they would only, like, translate every other sentence.
所以有时候,一句话要跨越整整四分钟才出现。
So sometimes it's, like, one sentence over the course of, like, four minutes.
你只能猜他们说的是什么。
You're just like, I'll guess what they're saying.
不过我要说,我对自己还挺满意的,因为有些部分我其实能听懂不少。
But I'll say, though, I was, like, happy with myself because there were some was like, I can understand a lot.
我能听懂一些西班牙语。
I can understand some of the Spanish.
是的。
Like Yeah.
因为他们说的很多内容我其实都能听懂。
Because they're saying like, They're, like, a bunch of stuff I understand.
是的
Yeah.
对
Yeah.
我懂那些。
I I get those.
嗯哼
Mhmm.
是的
Yeah.
不。
No.
我懂足够的西班牙语来理解别人在说什么,但不知道他们具体在谈论什么上下文。
I I know enough Spanish to understand what someone is talking about, but to not know exactly in what context they are speaking about it.
对
Yes.
他们可能是在说Maniacos很厉害。
They might have been saying that the Maniacos were awesome.
我不知道。
I don't know.
嗯,不是这样的。
Well, no.
我知道他们不是在这么说,因为他们皱着眉头。
I know that they're not saying that because they're frowning.
那是很多低沉的音调。
It's a lot of low tones.
就是很多像‘boom’这样的声音。
It's a lot of, like, boom.
就像你知道的,但在这个案例中反复出现的一个想法是,人们希望找到一个原因,我觉得这与其他连环杀人案并没有太大不同,但在这个案件中,这一点尤其突出:人们渴望有一个解释。
Like, you know, but they really like this idea that what comes up again and again in this case, which I think is not too dissimilar from other serial murders, but it's I think it's it's very specifically a strong part of this case is people wanting there to be a reason.
是的。
Yes.
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
一定有什么原因。
There has to be something.
一定有个理由,尽管我真心觉得并没有。
There has to be a reason why when I honestly think there doesn't.
是的。
Yeah.
现在有孩子了。
Now there are kids.
对吧?
Right?
哦,对啊。
Oh, yeah.
我们直接进入正题了。
We're just getting right into it.
我的意思是,大学生。
Well, I mean, college kids.
你
You
知道吗?
know?
但你会认为他们是小疯子吗?
But would you consider them tiny maniacs?
不会。
No.
小疯子,三英尺以下的。
Tiny maniacs, three foot and under.
小疯子有一颗金子般的心。
Tiny maniacs have a heart of gold.
不。
No.
他们只是看起来很粗犷。
They just look rough.
虽然你不希望他们照看你的狗,但你还是会像对待小疯子一样摸摸他们。
And tiny maniac, you don't want them to watch your dog, but you'd pet them like one.
他们不是那种小孩子。
They're not like kid kids.
他们大概是19岁、20岁左右吧。
They're, you know, they're, I guess, they're what, 19, 20, something.
让我来参与一下。
Me get into it.
让我们见见我们的小疯子们。
Let's meet our maniacs.
哦,这并不容易,
Oh, it's not so easy,
是吗?
is it?
不是。
No.
我受够了这些该死的破事。
Do I these fucking shit.
你还没等我到就回答了。
You're gonna answer before I get there.
你跑得太快了。
You're getting ahead of us.
赶紧的。
Get to it.
伊戈尔·苏普鲁纽克不幸出生于1988年4月20日。
Igor Suprunyuk was unfortunately born on 04/20/1988.
没错,老兄。
Fuck yeah, man.
一个他将来会引以为傲并用来构建个人传奇的事实。
A fact that he would grow to be proud of and exploit for his own personal lore build.
他早年的老师们形容他是个年轻版的斯蒂芬·米勒。
Teachers from his early years described him as a young Stephen Miller.
这个男孩性格很顽劣。
The boy had a difficult character.
是的,没错。
Oh, yeah.
实际上,马库斯,你来拿这个,好吗。
Actually, Marcus, you take this, please.
这个男孩性格很顽劣。
The boy had a difficult character.
我总觉得他一直在自我防卫,尽管没人冒犯过他。
I had the feeling that he was constantly defending himself, although no one had offended him.
他非常复杂,但努力不表现出来。
He was very complex, but tried not to show it.
我注意到了他的眼睛。
I noticed his eyes.
它们像冰柱一样蓝色而冰冷。
They were blue and cold like icicles.
它们让我毛骨悚然。
They made my blood run cold.
一个十岁的孩子。
A 10 year old.
伊戈尔以及那些试图解释他行为的人,常常将他的种种心理问题归咎于他无法上学或融入校园社交。
Igor and those looking to explain his behavior often blamed his many complexes on his inability to show up to class or engage in school society at all.
但周围的人注意到他对几个同伴有着类似斯文加利般的控制力。
But those around him noted his Svengali like hold on a couple
了
of
其他几个失意者。
fellow losers.
其中之一是他在第聂伯罗彼得罗夫斯克锤击谋杀案中的得力助手维克托·塞延科,他比伊戈尔晚出生两个月,是位溺爱的母亲和有背景的父亲所生的另一个任性孩子。
One being his right hand man in the Dnepropetrovsk Hammer murders, Viktor Sayenko, born two months before Igor, another petulant offspring of a doting mother and a well connected father.
嗯哼。
Mhmm.
维克托对伊戈尔着了迷,像小狗一样尾随在他身后。
Viktor would grow obsessed with Igor, following him around like a puppy dog.
这两个男孩有着相似的成长经历。
These two boys shared a similar history.
他们都成长在一个与许多同胞隔绝的世界里,不需要排队等候国家发放的配给券去购买廉价的食品。
Both grew up in a world separate from many of their countrymen and didn't have to wait online for meager rations to pay for groceries with coupons issued by the state.
是的。
Yep.
我的意思是,按美国标准算是中上层阶级,甚至算得上上层阶级,但绝对是苏联遗留下来的行政阶层——你知道,在苏联,行政人员掌握着一切权力。
I mean, upper middle class at the by American standards, upper middle class to upper class, but definitely of the administrative class that was kind of a holdover from the Soviet Union, which, you know, in the Soviet Union, the administration holds all the power.
他们比其他人高出那么一两级。
And they got one they were just like one or two steps above everybody else.
事实上,他们生活在一个完全不同的该死的世界里。
And in that fact, they lived in an entirely different fucking world.
天啊。
God.
是的。
Yes.
他们出生时,乌克兰独立才不到十年,这个新生国家还在努力塑造自己的身份。
They were born into a world just shy of a decade since Ukraine voted for independence, and the fledgling state struggled to form its own identity.
我不会像马库斯那样给你们来一场全面的背景海啸。
Now I'm not gonna do a full Marcus style context tsunami to all of you.
明白吗?
Alright?
因为如果你真想追溯,完全可以一直回溯到‘谁才是我们’这种问题。
Because you could just end up taking this all the way back to the who's ours if you fucking want.
对吧?
Right?
我知道打打杀杀、咕噜咕噜、拿枪怼脸这些玩意儿,比理解地缘政治要清楚多了。
And I know smash smash, glub, glub, face gun stuff more way more than I understand geopolitics.
但让我来给你简单总结一下。
But here's my little fucking sum up.
明白吗?
Okay?
好了。
Alright.
如果你玩《风险》游戏并打算赢,对吧,你知道有些战略要地至关重要。
If you play risk and you plan to win, right, and you know some choke points are super crucial.
对吧?
Right?
但杰姬却躲在澳大利亚,因为她他妈的就是个懦夫。
But Jackie, she'd hold up in Australia because she was a fucking coward.
她害怕打仗。
She was afraid of a fight.
对吧?
Right?
就像袋鼠一样。
Like kangaroos.
是的。
Yes.
对。
Yeah.
就跟它们一样。
Just like them.
去他的假鹿。
Fuck fake deer.
但真正的专制者知道,乌克兰是封锁欧洲、进入中东的关键基地。
But true home despots know that Ukraine is an extremely important base for closing off Europe, gaining entry into the Middle East.
这可能确实是对的,不仅仅是因为《风险》游戏的策略扎实。
And this might actually be true, not even just for rock solid risk strategy.
自古以来,乌克兰就像一袋K-pop内衣一样被反复争夺。
Ukraine has been fought over like a laundry bag of K pop underwear since the beginning.
而且大多数情况下,乌克兰人民会根据家族来源,认同周围的国家,比如俄罗斯、波兰、斯洛伐克和匈牙利。
And more often than not, its people identify with surrounding nations like Russia, Poland, Slovakia, and Hungary depending on where your family is from.
而且这在地质上也是如此。
And it's also it's also geological as well.
比如,如果你住在乌克兰的西部,你会更认同
Like, if you're more on the Western side of the Ukraine, you identify more with
波兰。
Poland.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
然后如果
And then if
如果你在乌克兰东部,那么你更倾向于认同俄罗斯,尽管实际上乌克兰人中自认是俄罗斯人的比例,远低于俄罗斯方面想让你相信的数字。
you're on the Eastern side, then you identify more with Russia in even the but even though the people in Ukraine, the less of them identify as Russian than what the Russians wanna make you think.
而且反过来也一样,有这么多乌克兰人与俄罗斯有着密切的家族联系,所以当俄罗斯入侵时,他们会觉得‘我是在攻击我的表亲’。
Well, just the idea or and then also conversely works that there's so many people that are connected familiarly into Russia that when they come to invade them, they're like, I'm attacking my cousin.
没错。
Sure.
而且俄罗斯和乌克兰都是一个巨大的国家。
And Russia's and Ukraine is also a fucking massive country.
这是蕾切尔·伯克精彩而可能合理的分析。
And here's Rachel Burke's amazing breakdown that actually make maybe makes sense.
许多乌克兰民族主义者将俄罗斯视为历史压迫者,因为十七和十八世纪俄罗斯的统治,以及1932至1933年导致数百万人死亡的大饥荒。
Many Ukrainian nationalists view Russia as a historical oppressor due to Russian domination in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries and the great famine of nineteen thirty two to 1933, which killed millions of Ukrainians.
其他乌克兰人则因共同的历史、语言、文化和广泛通婚而与俄罗斯保持紧密联系。
Other Ukrainians feel close ties to Russia because of shared history, language, culture, and widespread intermarriage.
尽管存在这些差异,但对独立的支持却十分广泛。
Despite these differences, support for independence was broad.
在12月,超过90%的选民支持独立,每个地区都形成了多数支持。
In the December, more than 90% of voters supported independence, including majorities in every region.
1991年,乌克兰国家通过民族主义者与现有政治精英之间的协议迅速成立。
The Ukrainian state emerged quickly in 1991 through agreements between nationalists and the existing political elite.
民族主义者同意不推翻政府,以换取脱离苏联。
Nationalists agreed not to overthrow the government in exchange for a break from the Soviet Union.
由于独立是通过革命或推翻统治精英实现的,许多苏联时代权力结构得以保留。
And because independence that had come through revolution or removal of the ruling elite, many Soviet era power structures remained.
这导致了持续的政治冲突、薄弱的政党体系和政策停滞。
This led to an ongoing political conflict, weak party systems, and policy stagnation.
这不是我写的。
I didn't write it.
是她写的。
That was her.
谢谢你,Rachel。
Thank you, Rachel.
很有帮助。
Helpful.
是的。
Yeah.
不过,这确实很有道理。
It does make a lot of sense, though.
确实如此。
It does.
现在,腐败在这一片混乱时期主宰了这片土地。
Now it boils down corruption ruled the land during this time of chaos.
你离权力核心越近,好处就越大。
And the closer you were to the governing body, the benefits were fucking great.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
这其实没那么复杂。
It's really not that complicated.
没错。
No.
是的。
Yeah.
这在世界上大多数国家都是如此。
It's it's the way it works in most countries around the world.
这就是人类运作的方式。
It's just the way humanity works.
你关系越紧密,就越有可能逃避后果,也越难将你绳之以法。
The more connected you are, the more likely you are to avoid consequences, and the harder it's gonna be to actually bring into justice.
埃普斯坦告诉我并教我的是,保持与朋友的联系真的很好。
What Epstein told me and taught me is that it's really good to keep up with friends.
但埃普斯坦告诉了你。
But Epstein told you.
是的。
Yes.
我没有。
I didn't
没意识到你们有。
realize you guys had
要承诺。
to commit.
哦,我没有建造。
Oh, I built no.
我建造了一个AI聊天机器人,这样他死后我还能和他聊天。
I built an AI chatbot so I could talk to him after he died.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
我正在使用Grok。
I'm using I'm using Grock.
我有一个爱泼斯坦机器人。
I have my Epstein bot.
我每天都会和他聊天,他鼓励我做各种疯狂的事情。
I talk to him every day, and he encourages me to do all sorts of fucked up stuff.
我爱他。
I love him.
他是用语音回复,还是给你发一些像这样的小邮件,内容水平是
Does he do voice, or does he write, like, little email missives to you, like, at the level
全部拼错的。
All misspelled.
是的。
Yeah.
全部拼写错误,乱七八糟的,但他做得特别棒,吉尔伯特。
It's all misspelled, pelled, but he does it great, Gilbert.
从你的坟墓里说谎。
Lie from your grave.
根据我们的美国消息来源,伊戈尔的父亲曾在1995年至2005年期间担任乌克兰第二任总统列昂尼德·库奇马的私人飞行员。
According to our American sources, Igor's father was a personal pilot to Leonid Kuchma in office 1995 to 2005, Ukrainian second president.
我知道。
I know that.
是的。
Yeah.
你知道的。
You know.
他任职期间,一直伴随着政府腐败和系统性压制媒体的指控。
His time in office, it was shadowed by persistent allegations of government corruption and systemic censorship of the press.
你说的。
Says you.
杰,还有我的文件,我的那些文件。
Jay, and my paper and my papers.
他的总统任期最臭名昭著地与2000年记者乔治·贡加泽的谋杀案相关,贡加泽是一名调查记者,也是以揭露高级官员腐败而闻名的在线媒体的创始人。
His presidency is most infamously linked to the 2000 murder of a journalist, Giorgi Gungadza, who was investigative journalist and founder of the online outlet, known for exposing corruption among senior officials.
维克托的父亲曾在地区检察官办公室担任通信联络员,这是乌克兰总检察长办公室的一个强有力的地区分支。
Viktor's father worked as a communications liaison for the regional prosecutor's office, a powerful local arm of the prosecutor's general's office of Ukraine.
所有这些在犯罪发生后的后续影响中肯定会产生作用。
This will definitely come into play later on in the aftermath of the crimes.
所有这些都说明,伊戈尔和维克托从小就很特别,而且他们对此真的非常不满。
All of this is to say, Igor and Viktor grew up special, and boy, were they upset about it.
他们确实如此。
They were.
还有第三个疯子,但他绝对是这个团体里的泽波。
There was a third maniac, but he was definitely the Zeppo of the group.
被低估了。
Underrated.
是的
Yeah.
我知道。
I know.
但那也是我会说的。
But that's what I'd say too.
一样。
Same.
一样。
Same.
亚历山大·汉扎。
Alexander Hanza.
他将与其他两人一同受审,但在这起案件中,他并未参与任何人的实际谋杀。
He would be tried alongside the other two, but he did not participate in the actual murder of any humans in this case.
他和其他男孩不一样。
He was different than the other boys.
他在苏联风格的公寓楼里长大,那里老鼠大得像狗一样。
He grew up on the wrong side of the tracks in Soviet style block housing infested with rats the size of dogs.
那些是小型犬。
They're small dogs.
我的意思是,它们很可爱。
I mean, they're cute.
听起来挺可爱的。
Sounds cute.
因为它们感觉像手掌一样。
Because they feel they're like palms.
这很可爱。
That's cute.
跳蚤大得像老鼠,老鼠也大得像老鼠。
Fleas the size of rats and rats.
那些狗的大小和狗一样。
That's the size of dogs and dogs.
有一个人那么大。
Size of a man.
狗的大小和人一样。
Dogs the the size of man.
他
He
他也是由一位贫穷的单亲母亲养大的。
was also raised by a poor single mother.
真好。
Nice.
我们也将看到这些罪行发生后的情况如何发展。
We will also see how this plays out in the aftermath of these crimes.
维克托·塞延科、伊戈尔·苏普鲁纽克和亚历山大·汉萨在小学时相识,并成为形影不离的好朋友,一起做所有事情。
Viktor Sayenko, Igor Suprunyuk, and Alexander Hansa met in elementary school and became close friends who did everything together.
一些资料显示,他们之所以结成紧密的团体,是因为害怕被欺凌。
Some sources indicate they bonded together because they were afraid of bullies.
不。
No.
现在我们经常看到这种说法,当那些废物造成巨大破坏时。
Now we see this narrative a lot when baby losers cause a lot of damage.
也许是因为我们希望相信,用锤子和螺丝刀杀死21个人总得有个理由。
Maybe because we want to believe there's a reason to kill 21 people with hammers and screwdrivers.
是的。
Yeah.
就像我们曾经希望相信,两个混蛋能在科罗拉多州杀死12个孩子一定有原因一样。
Just like we wanted to believe there was a reason why two shitheads could kill 12 kids in Colorado.
这些情况和埃里克·哈里斯与迪伦·克莱博尔德的情况如出一辙,简直如出一辙。
These are very much an entire Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold like, couldn't be closer.
天哪。
Oh, man.
这几乎是完全对应。
It's almost a one to one.
他们就像是乌克兰版的,
They're like, they're just the Ukrainian version,
基本上。
basically.
我不认为迪伦和埃里克能做出这种事。
I don't think Dylan and Eric could have done this.
嗯,
Well,
我不认为他们有那种毅力去搜寻好几个星期。
I don't think they had the fortitude to go searching for fucking weeks.
第二集我们会发现,这些男孩之所以如此,是因为他们极度渴望弄到一把枪,却始终得不到。
Episode two, we'd find out it's because these boys were desperate to get their hands on a gun, and they just couldn't.
是的。
Yeah.
我认为埃里克·哈里斯能驱动迪伦·克莱博尔德,但我不觉得迪伦·克莱博尔德会这么狠;迪伦不会这么脏,但埃里克·哈里斯绝对做得到,而且他确实这么做了。
I think Eric Harris could have Dylan Klebold, I don't think would have got I I don't think Dylan Klebold would have gotten his hands as dirty, but Eric Harris definitely could have, but he had it on him.
这个很明显,他们俩都有动机。
This one's definitely they're both motivated.
维克托后来总是找借口说,哦,我只是为了刺激和钱之类的。
Viktor likes to beg off later on saying that, oh, I was just in it for, like, the thrills and the money or whatever.
其实就是为了钱,所有实际的方面。
Like, basically, just the money, all the practical side of it.
但如果你看那些视频或照片,就能明白情况并非如此。
But if you watch the videos or if you look at the pictures, you could see that's not the case.
是的。
Yeah.
他玩得太过瘾了。
He's having too much fun.
他真的非常享受这个过程。
He's really enjoying himself.
我的意思是,过去我们报道过一些类似的故事,比如两个人犯下多起谋杀案。
I mean, there are definitely, you know, stories in the past we cover like this where, you know, you got two people that are committing a bunch of murders.
而且你知道,像卡罗琳·富格特这样的人,如果没和查尔斯·斯塔克韦瑟混在一起,是绝不会去杀人。
And, you know, one person certainly never would have committed like, Caroline Fugett never would have committed a murder if she hadn't hooked up with Charles Starkweather.
还有迪伦·克莱,我认为如果他没和埃里克·哈里斯搅在一起,也根本不会去杀人。
And Dylan Klee I do not think that Dylan Kleebole would have committed any murders had he not hooked up with Eric Harris.
不。
No.
他可能,希望如此,只会选择自杀。
He probably, hopefully, would have just committed suicide.
是的。
Yeah.
但查尔斯·斯塔克韦瑟即使没有卡罗琳·富格特,也肯定会杀人;埃里克·哈里斯即使没有迪伦·克莱博尔德,也肯定会杀人。
But Charles Starkweather definitely would have murdered people without Caroline Fugate, and Eric Harris definitely would have murdered someone without Dylan Klebold.
但我觉得,要让伊戈尔把维克托拉进他的世界,并不需要太多。
But I would say it did not take much to have Igor push Viktor into his world.
不。
No.
这并不需要
It did not take
维克托本人迟早会因为鲁莽而意外杀死某人。
Viktor Viktor would have been someone who would accidentally killed someone someday just being reckless.
嗯,再想想,他们就是一群小恶魔。
Well, also, just think that they were little evil fuckers.
因为对我来说更合理的是,一个邻居说伊戈尔总是很受女孩欢迎。
Because what makes more sense to me is that a neighbor described Igor as he always had success with the girls.
他英俊又高大。
He was handsome and tall.
伊戈尔和维克托简直完美契合了那种俄式版的埃里克·哈里斯和迪伦·克莱博尔德的模式。
As if Igor and Viktor couldn't fit the borscht flavored Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold profile more.
按照我们这些小恶魔的说法,他们害怕那些高大的男孩。
The way our little evil fuckers put it, they were afraid of the bigger boys.
他们从未被任何一个人直接攻击过。
They never got personally attacked by any of them.
他们只是假设自己会遇到那些更高大、更具攻击性的男孩的麻烦。
They just assumed that they would have problems with bigger, more aggressive boy men.
我的意思是,乌克兰也到处都是这样的家伙。
I mean, Ukraine's full of them too.
是的。
Oh, yeah.
如果你在乌克兰是个瘦小的家伙,那可真不容易。
And if you're a runt in the Ukraine, that's hard.
对吧?
Right?
你是个矮小的人。
You're you're a small one.
我个子小。
I'm small.
就乌克兰人而言,我很弱。
As far as Ukrainians go, I'm weak.
是的。
Yes.
对。
Yeah.
而且你当时是佛罗里达州出生的最大的婴儿。
And you were the largest baby born in the state of Florida at the time.
是的。
Yeah.
但只是在佛罗里达,不是在乌克兰。
But just Florida, though, not Ukraine.
在那里,孩子们差不多有四十到五十磅重。
Over there, they're, like, forty, fifty pounds.
对。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
在乌克兰,女性必须被主动切开胸骨才能分娩。
They split a woman has to actually actively be split open to the sternum to give birth in Ukraine.
是的。
Yeah.
然后他们用某种白色的奶酪把所有东西混在一起。
And then they slop it all together with just some kind of white cheese.
是的。
Yeah.
所有乌克兰婴儿都必须去角。
All Ukrainian babies have to be dehorned.
我实际上把这部分都删掉了,因为我觉得这会引发更多讨论。
I actually cut I had to cut all this out of the context just because I just figured that this would, would lead to further discussion.
我不想做这两者。
I didn't I didn't wanna do the two.
所以后来,伊戈尔,据我所知,他反过来成了欺负更小孩子的霸凌者,并教维克托和亚历山大也照着做。
So it's like Igor then, he I believe in turn, he became a bully to those smaller than him and taught Viktor Viktor and Alexander to follow suit.
在五年级时,这些男孩第一次与法律产生交集,当时他们被发现向行驶中的火车扔石头。
In the fifth grade, the boys had their first known encounter with the law when they were caught throwing rocks at moving trains.
这听起来像是孩子天真的恶作剧。
Now this sounds like innocent childlike shenanigans.
当然。
Sure.
当然。
Sure.
但我认为重要的是要记住,我不是想扫兴,但只要有一块石头击中行驶中的火车窗户,就可能致人死亡。
But I do think it's important to remember, and I don't mean to be the fun police here, is that all it takes is one rock through a moving train window to kill a person.
不过,这种情况发生的概率有多大呢?
What are the chances, though?
这种情况其实更常见。
It happens more.
这种情况经常发生。
It happens a lot.
事实上,2017年,俄亥俄州和密歇根州的五名青少年玩了一个叫‘高架桥投石’的游戏,他们从高速公路的立交桥上往下方道路扔大石头。
As a matter of fact, in 2017, five teenagers in Ohio and Michigan played a game that they called overpassing where they tossed large rocks from a highway overpass onto the road below.
击中车辆被称为‘咚响’,在一周内,他们多次击中车辆,导致两人死亡。
Hitting a vehicle was called a dinger, and in one week, they scored dingers that resulted in the death of two people.
他们的父母也试图把这称为恶作剧,但司法系统并不这么看。
Their parents also tried to call it shenanigans, but the justice system did not see it that way.
判死刑?
Put to death?
说实话,我觉得我们被击垮了。
Honestly, I think we're crushed.
老派风格。
Old school.
塞勒姆风格。
Salem style.
往火车上扔石头和从高架桥上扔石头,这两者之间有天壤之别。
There's a world of difference of, like, throwing rocks at a train and dropping rocks from an overpass.
来自锤子狂魔?
From the Hammer Maniacs?
是的。
Yeah.
你觉得他们真的会吗
Do think that they do
你觉得区别在于,对我来说,也许是因为他们是锤子狂魔?
you think that the difference is the fact for me maybe is that they were the Hammer Maniacs?
是的。
Yeah.
而且当他们是锤子狂魔时,这可能就没那么无辜了?
And that maybe it wasn't that innocent when it's the Hammer Maniacs?
可能确实不是。
Might not have been.
这正是我想说的。
That's what I'm saying.
当其他孩子这么做时,就是那个时候吗?
Is that when it's the when it's other children.
是的。
Yeah.
因为我小时候也往火车上扔过很多石头。
Because I've thrown plenty of rocks at trains when I was a kid.
但在美国,我们并没有那么多客运列车。
But in America, we don't really have that many passenger trains.
你只是在往工业废料上扔石头。
You're just throwing rocks at industrial waste.
看,这就是关键。
See, that's the thing.
你扔的是他妈的垃圾。
You're throwing at just fuck.
这我倒是能接受。
That's what I'm fine with.
对吧?
Right?
但那些一堆堆的钢铁之类的从旁边经过,他们却往我的客运列车上扔。
But just, like, piles of just steel or whatever going through, they're throwing it in my passenger trains.
是的。
Yeah.
好的。
Okay.
去朝Brightline列车扔石头吧,兄弟。
Try to throw the fucking rocks at the Brightline, dude.
Brightline会要了你的命。
Brightline will kill your ass.
是的,老兄。
Yeah, dude.
那列车简直气疯了,老兄。
They'll come for the train is fucking angry there, man.
那会脱轨。
That jumps the track.
回到乌克兰。
Back to the Ukraine.
当警察敲响维克托家的门,要求赔偿对列车造成的损坏时——我想在乌克兰他们确实能这么做——他们只是付了钱,并质问儿子关于这件事的情况。
When the police knocked on Viktor's door and demanded compensation for the damage to the damaged train, which I guess something they could do in Ukraine, the saying goes, they just paid up and questioned their son about the incident.
他们天真的儿子告诉他们:伊戈尔逼我这么做的。
Their innocent son told them, Igor made me do it.
你去干吧。
You do it.
哦,等等。
Oh, wait.
等等。
Wait.
等等。
Wait.
对不起。
I'm sorry.
我是说,我明白了。
Got I mean
你得扮演这些角色。
You gotta do the characters.
对不起。
I'm sorry.
让我来做。
Me to do it.
对不起。
I'm sorry.
在这儿。
Here.
他自己做的。
He does it himself.
他们天真的儿子告诉他们,
Their innocent son told them,
伊戈尔逼我这么做的。
Igor made me do it.
而且
And
他们说,不再有伊戈尔了,维克托。
they said, no more Igor, Viktor.
不再有了。
No more.
但我喜欢它,维克托。
But I love it, Viktor.
我,伊戈尔。
I Igor.
我是维克托。
I am Viktor.
你这个调皮的小疯子。
You're naughty little maniac.
你这个小疯子,我真爱你。
You're a little maniac gonna love you.
我们问问浴缸女孩她怎么想。
Let us ask tub girl what she thinks.
那是我模仿浴缸女孩的样子。
That was my tub girl impression.
是的。
Yeah.
我不知道浴缸女孩是什么。
I don't know what tub girl is.
我也不知道。
Me neither.
去查一下。
Look it up.
不。
No.
我们累了。
We got tired.
不。
No.
去查一下。
Look it up.
现在就去洗个澡。
Tub Do it right now.
为什么不呢?
Why not?
这集内容太棒了。
This is great for the episode.
马库斯在做。
Marcus is doing it.
搜一下‘浴缸女孩’。
Look up tub girl.
你从来没看过浴缸女孩。
You've never seen tub girl.
我不知道什么是浴缸
I don't know what tub
女孩?哦,是的。
girl Oh, yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
你有这些
You've got these
腹泻女孩。
Diarrhea girl.
那不一样。
That's different.
好的。
Okay.
浴缸女孩。
Tub girl.
好的。
Okay.
我不知道她叫浴缸女孩。
I didn't know she was called tub girl.
那是她的正式称号。
That's her official title.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
‘腹泻女孩’太长了。
Diarrhea girl's too long.
是的。
Yeah.
确实如此。
That is true.
是的。
Yeah.
爱上了腹泻曲线。
Fell in love with the diarrhea curve.
抱歉。
Sorry.
不过维克托没听。
Viktor didn't listen, though.
好吧。
Alright.
他没有听父母的话,因为他迷上了奇特而有魅力的伊戈尔,而他的父母也没有严格执行这条规定。
He didn't listen to his parents because he was infatuated with the peculiar and charismatic Igor, and his parents didn't enforce the rule.
我想知道他是不是被他的连眉吸引了。
I wonder if he was attracted to the unibrow.
如果你看伊戈尔的照片,他长得像《辛普森一家》里那个邪恶的小宝宝,就像玛吉的牛仔裤。
If you do look at pictures of Igor, he looks like the evil baby in the Simpsons, Like Maggie's Denim.
牛仔裤。
Denim.
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
他眉头紧锁。
He's got, like, a furled brow.
他简直是个小脾气暴躁的家伙。
He's fucking he's he looks like a little grump.
嗯嗯。
Mhmm.
伊戈尔和维克托从小就拥有了个人电脑。
Igor and Viktor had PCs from an early age.
这只是他们优越生活的一个例子。
This is just another example of their privileged lives.
政治正确?
Politically correct?
是的。
Yes.
对。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
科林·奎恩来过家里,他们一起表演,然后他就会演一些难搞的观众,接着比尔·马赫就会过来。
Colin Quinn came to the house, and they did and then he would do tough crowd, and then it would ship, then Bill Maher would come over.
然后他们有了电脑。
And then they had did PC.
当时他们的大部分同学都没有稳定的互联网接入,而他们和那个年代很多孩子一样,热衷于上网浏览。
Most of their classmates, they didn't have regular Internet access at the time, and they were not unlike a lot of kids from this time period where they loved surfing the net.
是的。
Yeah.
好吧。
Alright.
我们不知道他们最初接触的具体网站,但我们知道他们收集了大量流传的视频,内容是毒品贩子犯下的谋杀案以及恐怖组织斩首记者的场面。
We don't know the exact websites they first encountered, but we do know they were collectors of videos that circulated of murders committed by drug cartels and beheadings of journalists by terrorist organizations.
我们知道这一点是因为在调查过程中发现,伊戈尔收集了数百个这样的视频,来自乌克兰新闻网站称
We know this because during the investigation, it came out that Igor had amassed hundreds of them with Ukrainian news called
从互联网上获取的关于复杂酷刑、虐待和谋杀的片段。
episodes of sophisticated torture, abuse, and murder taken from the Internet.
这些视频被他和维克托存放在一个名为‘老天,我妈妈气疯了’的文件夹里。
It was in a folder he shared with Viktor called Man, my mom was so mad.
我会想到这件事。
I think about this.
对吧?
Right?
我妈妈对我看的那些女同性恋女生特别生气,但她不知道我其实是在支持她们。
My mom was so angry about those lesbian schoolgirls I was looking at, and she had no idea I was being an ally.
是的。
Yeah.
不。
No.
没错。
That's right.
我当时的行为就像是……
I was being it was like, that's the equivalent.
我小时候自慰时想着女同性恋女生,这就像我去参加骄傲游行一样。
Me masturbating lesbian schoolgirls when I was a kid was like the equivalent of me being at a pride parade.
你在学习。
You were studying.
是的。
Yeah.
我只是想知道如何爱他们。
I just wanted to know how to love them.
是的。
Yeah.
支持他们。
Support them.
这很好。
That's nice.
她们是女商人。
They're businesswomen.
但你也同时在看这些孩子看的同样的东西。
But you were also looking at the same stuff that these kids were looking at the same time.
然后我就自慰。
Then I'd just jerk off.
对吧?
Right?
接着所有的热量都消失了,我就走出去。
And then fucking all the heat would leave, and I'd go outside.
天啊,我真不想知道这些家伙以为剪刀手是什么。
Man, I hate to see what these guys think scissoring is.
他们后来展示了。
They show it later.
七年级时,男孩们开始升级了。
In seventh grade, the boys started to level up.
伊戈尔希望他们更强大、更无畏。
Igor wanted them to be stronger, fearless.
他上网寻找克服恐惧的方法,认为他们应该直面恐惧。
He plumbed the Internet for ways to overcome fear and figured they should face it head on.
维克托和伊戈尔都害怕高处。
Both Viktor and Igor were afraid of heights.
他们俩不知为什么都觉得,霸凌者会知道我们害怕高处。
Both of and for some reason, they were like, bullies are gonna know we're afraid of heights.
是的。
Yeah.
然后他们会利用这一点来对付我们。
And they're gonna use that against us.
所以我想知道,这是否与从苏联统治过渡到独立统治有关?
And so I mean, I I I wonder if this is some sort of, like, if it has something to do with the switchover from Soviet rule into, you know, like, independent rule.
会不会存在某种阶级问题,比如他们听父母说,下层阶级会 takeover 我们所有人。
If there was some sort of classes thing going on where maybe they were listening to their parents saying, you know, that lower classes are gonna take over us all.
我们不知道整个系统到底哪里出了问题。
We don't know what the the like, the whole system is out of whack.
哪里都看不到父亲的影子。
There's no daddies anywhere.
是的。
Yeah.
对吧?
Right?
所以,所有的父亲都极度腐败。
So, like And all the daddies are super corrupt.
对。
Yes.
所以所有的父亲都不在了。
So all the daddies are gone.
警察极度腐败。
The police are hyper corrupt.
他们基本上不存在。
They're basically nonexistent.
巨大的社会体系正在崩溃。
Massive social systems are falling apart.
这里充满了混乱。
It's there's a lot of chaos.
所以我们可能会看到他们说:我们需要小心。
So we could see them being like, we need to be careful.
每个人都会试图杀了我们。
Everybody's going to try to kill us.
但有时候,当你手里只有一把锤子时,你对这句话有什么理解?
But, also, sometime what do we know about the statement when all you have is a hammer?
一切看起来都像钉子。
Everything looks like a nail.
没错。
That's right.
而且,你知道,克服恐惧可能是这些家伙做过最积极的事情。
Also, you know, overcoming your fears is probably the most positive things these guys ever did.
我只是希望他们能为了其他事情这么做,比如公开演讲。
I just wish that they had done it for something else like public speaking.
是的
Mhmm.
但结果却导致了这种情况。
Because instead it led to it led to this.
所以,场景几乎直接出自九十年代的邪恶男孩惊悚片《好儿子》。
So in a scene almost directly out of the nineties evil boy thriller, the good son.
很棒的电影。
Great movie.
我爱这部电影。
I love that movie.
一部杰出的影片。
Phenomenal film.
孩子的名字叫亨利。
Kid's name's Henry.
真的吗?
Really?
是的
Yeah.
那个坏孩子?
The evil one?
是的
Yeah.
那个坏孩子。
The evil one.
不错。
Nice.
是的
Yeah.
那太棒了。
That was awesome.
而且那个叫麦克劳德·科尔金的人,我们知道他是坏人。
And it was MacLeod Colkin who we knew was evil.
伊戈尔说服维克托,在一栋14层公寓的阳台上站了几个小时,身体前倾凝视下方,直到眩晕感消失,对高度的恐惧也减轻了。
Igor convinced Viktor to spend hours standing on a balcony of a 14th Floor apartment, leaning over the railing and gazing straight down into the verti until their vertigo subsided and their fear of heights diminished.
这在技术上就像认知行为疗法中的暴露疗法。
Technically, like an exposure in CBT.
是的。
Yeah.
他们认为直面恐惧的方法取得了巨大成功。
They considered the face your fears method of resounding success.
真的能这样起作用吗?
Does it work like that?
认知行为疗法,这就是我做的。
CBT, that's what I do.
是的。
Yeah.
我写暴露练习时,会写下你所能想到的最糟糕的事情,因为我有强迫症。
I write exposure things of, like, the worst thing you could possibly think of because I have OCD.
强迫症最糟糕的情况之一,说实话,就是你会反复出现令人焦虑的想法。
One of the worst things that happens with OCD, honestly, is that you have a fret you have a fretful thought.
你会冒出一个令人不安的想法。
You have a upsetting thought.
于是你总是想不断安慰自己,说那不可能发生。
So then what you wanna do constantly is comfort yourself saying that can't happen.
你用理性去解释为什么那不可能发生。
You intellectualize why that can't happen.
嗯。
Mhmm.
但实际上,你这样做是在重新启动焦虑循环,而不是直接面对最坏的结果。
But, actually, what you're doing is starting the cycle of anxiety again instead of just sitting with the bad result.
不。
No.
直面你最坏想法的极端可能性。
Sitting with the worst possible extent of your bad thought.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。