本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
本BBC播客在英国境外由广告赞助播出。
This BBC podcast is supported by ads outside The UK.
你好。
Hello.
我是雷·温斯顿。
It's Ray Winstone.
我来向大家介绍我在BBC广播四台的播客《史上最强悍的英雄》。
I'm here to tell you about my podcast on BBC Radio four, history's toughest heroes.
我将讲述那些定义强悍的开拓者、反叛者和局外人的故事。
I've got stories about the pioneers, the rebels, the outcasts who define tough.
那是第一次有人开着没有轮胎的车跑得那么快。
And that was the first time that anybody ever ran a car up that fast with no tires on.
感觉就像你的眼球要从脑袋里蹦出来一样。
It almost feels like your eyeballs are gonna come out of your head.
够强悍吗?
Tough enough for you?
无论您在哪里收听播客,都可以订阅《史上最强英雄》系列。
Subscribe to history's toughest heroes wherever you get your podcast.
您看过我们新推出的轻松视频系列《伦敦信件挑战》吗?
Have you watched our new easy video series, the London letter challenge?
学习大量实用的新词汇和短语,包括谈论过去的表达方式、描述感受的形容词等等。
Learn lots of useful new words and phrases, language to talk about the past, adjectives to describe feelings, and lots more.
语言内容会重复出现以帮助您学习。
Language is repeated to help you learn.
现在就在我们的网站上观看《伦敦信件挑战》吧。
Watch the London Letter Challenge on our website now.
访问Bbclearningenglish.com。
Bbclearningenglish.com.
大家好,欢迎来到《真正简单英语》。
Hello and welcome to Real Easy English.
在本播客中,我们将用简单英语进行关于日常话题的真实对话。
In this podcast, we have real conversations in Easy English on everyday topics.
我是贝丝。
I'm Beth.
我是尼尔。
And I'm Neil.
你知道这个播客在我们网站上有视频版本吗?
Did you know that there's a video version of this podcast on our website?
网址是bbclearningenglish.com。
That's at bbclearningenglish.com.
你可以跟着字幕阅读,还有免费的工作表供你下载。
You can read along with the subtitles and there's also a free worksheet for you to download.
嗨,尼尔。
Hi, Neil.
你好吗?
How are you?
你周末过得怎么样?
How was your weekend?
嗨,Beth。
Hi, Beth.
我很好。
I'm very well.
我的周末全被体育活动占满了。
My weekend was packed full of sport.
我看了场足球比赛。
I watched a football match.
是啊。
Yeah.
我去现场看了本地球队在主场踢球。
I watched my local team playing at their stadium.
你们赢了吗?
Did you win?
赢了。
Yeah.
干得漂亮。
Well done.
今天我们要聊的主题就是体育运动。
Well, today we're talking all about sports.
我们要讨论观看体育赛事,无论是在电视上还是现场观看。
We're talking about watching sports, whether that's on TV or live.
而现场观看体育赛事时,你是亲自前往实时见证比赛过程。
And when you watch sports live, you go there in person to actually see it happen in real time.
贝丝,你喜欢看体育比赛吗?
So Beth, do you enjoy watching sports?
我喜欢。
I do.
这要看是什么运动。
It depends on the sport.
我特别喜欢看体操比赛。
So I really love watching gymnastics.
所以如果有全国锦标赛、世锦赛或奥运会,我真的很喜欢看体操比赛。
So if there are national championships or world championships or the Olympics, then I really enjoy watching the gymnastics.
我通常是在电视上看,但也曾去现场观看过。
And I normally watch it on TV but I have been to watch it live as well.
是的,我真的很喜欢。
And yeah, I really like that.
在体育场现场观看比赛和看电视转播,哪个更好?
Is it better to watch sport live as in at the stadium or on TV?
实际上,对于体操来说,我觉得电视转播更好。
Actually, with gymnastics, I think it's better on TV.
这是因为在体育场里,虽然人群的氛围确实很棒。
And that's because when you're in a stadium, true, the atmosphere is amazing with the crowd.
但你无法真正看清所有比赛,因为体操包含许多单项比赛,你无法同时观看所有项目。
But you can't really see the events properly because the gymnastics is a sport where there's lots of individual events happening and you can't watch them all at once.
我猜你会说你更喜欢在体育场现场观看比赛。
I I think you're going to say that you prefer watching live sport in person at the stadium.
是的。
Yeah.
举个例子,比赛中发生了一些事情,我亲眼看到了却完全不明白是怎么回事。
So for example, something happened in the game that I saw, and I didn't have any idea what it was.
是在周末吗?
Is this at the weekend?
对。
Yeah.
后来我是在网站上看到解释,才知道为什么某个进球被判无效。
And I only found out why a particular goal was not allowed when I read it on the website later.
但我觉得这样很棒。
But I think that's great.
对吧?
Right?
因为当你在现场时,你沉浸在那种氛围中,全神贯注于比赛。
Because when you're there at the ground, you're in the atmosphere and just totally concentrating on this thing.
我觉得现场有观众、大家一起制造噪音的氛围,那种身处大群体中的感觉是无与伦比的。
I think I think having the crowd there and they're all making noise, you feel like you're in a big group, the atmosphere, you you can't beat.
这绝对和在家看比赛不一样。
And it's definitely not the same at home.
这就像一场社交活动,因为你会见到朋友、家人,带着孩子一起去,大家共度美好时光。
It's like a social event because you meet friends, family, go with the kids, and you have a good time all together.
是啊。
Yeah.
有没有哪场比赛让你因为某个特别原因而记忆犹新?
Is there any game that you have seen that really you remember very well because of a particular reason?
有的。
Yes.
我很幸运。
I've been lucky.
我看过不少非常精彩的国际比赛。
I've seen quite a lot of really exciting international matches.
几年前我看过一场英格兰对澳大利亚的板球比赛,非常精彩,这两队是劲敌。
And I saw a really exciting cricket match a couple of years ago with England against Australia, which is a big rivalry.
比赛过程充满戏剧性,直到最后一刻我们都不知道谁会赢。
And the drama is incredible because we didn't know who was gonna win until the last minute.
当英格兰最终获胜时,所有支持者都激动疯了。
And all of the supporters were going crazy when eventually England won that game.
是啊。
Yeah.
那很棒。
That's good.
我觉得这种势均力敌的比赛,简直让人紧张到咬指甲。
I think in those events where it's so close, it's like it's nail biting.
你当时肯定全程都在想:'啊,到底谁会赢?'
You're literally there like, ah, who is going to win?
胜负可能随时会倾向任何一方。
It could go to that team.
也可能被另一队赢走。
It could go to the other team.
确实充满了戏剧性。
And yeah, definitely a lot of drama.
是啊。
Yeah.
我看的那场板球比赛真是让人紧张到咬指甲。
So that cricket match I was watching was so nail biting.
非常刺激,让我感到十分紧张。
It was very exciting and it made me feel very nervous.
你能想象紧张到咬指甲的感觉。
You can imagine when you're nervous, you bite your nails.
这就是为什么我们说某事让人紧张到咬指甲。
And that's why we say something is nail biting.
当比赛结束,如果你的队伍赢了,会有种如释重负的畅快感。
And then when it's over, there's a really great feeling of relief if your team won.
确实如此。
Exactly.
我正想说,如果你们赢了,是的。
I was going to say, if if you win, yes.
是啊。
Yeah.
今年夏天我也经历了同样的情况,英格兰队输掉了比赛。
I was actually in the same situation this summer, and England lost the game.
哦,是啊。
Oh, yeah.
不太妙。
Not so good.
不。
No.
好吧。
Okay.
让我们回顾一下对话中听到的词汇。
Let's recap the language we heard during the conversation.
我们听到了'crowd'这个词,指的是大量人群,可以用来形容体育比赛中的观众。
We heard crowd, which is a large group of people, and we can use it to describe the people at a sports match.
例如,足球比赛现场人山人海。
For example, there was a huge crowd at the football match.
我们还提到了'atmosphere',指的是活动中所有人的整体感受或氛围。
We had atmosphere, which is the general feeling or mood of everyone at an event.
比如在体操比赛中,现场气氛非常热烈。
For example, at the gymnastics, there was a really exciting atmosphere.
我们听到了'drama'这个词。
We heard drama.
体育比赛中经常会出现戏剧性场面,因为总有意想不到的事情发生。
And there's often drama at sports matches because unexpected things can happen.
我们可以用'nail biting'(扣人心弦)来形容紧张刺激的体育赛事。
And we can describe a sports event as nail biting if it's stressful and exciting.
本期《轻松学英语》节目就到这里。
That's it for this episode of Real Easy English.
不妨通过我们网站上的免费练习来测试一下你学到的内容。
Why not test what you've learnt with the free worksheets on our website.
请访问bbclearningenglish.com。
Go to bbclearningenglish.com.
下周我们将带来新一期的《轻松学英语》节目。
We'll be back next week with another episode of Real Easy English.
但在那之前,不妨试试我们的视频系列《伦敦信件挑战》。
But until then, why not try our video series, The London Letter Challenge.
你可以点击本节目说明中的链接。
You can follow the link in the notes for this programme.
感谢加入我们,再见。
Thanks for joining us and goodbye.
你好。
Hello.
我是雷·温斯顿。
It's Ray Winstone.
我来向大家介绍我在BBC广播四台的播客《史上最强悍的英雄》。
I'm here to tell you about my podcast on BBC Radio four, history's toughest heroes.
我将讲述那些定义坚韧的先驱者、叛逆者和被放逐者的故事。
I've got stories about the pioneers, the rebels, the outcasts who define tough.
那是第一次有人驾驶无轮胎的汽车达到如此高速。
And that was the first time that anybody ever ran a car up that fast with no tires on.
那种感觉就像眼球要从眼眶里蹦出来一样。
It almost feels like your eyeballs are gonna come out of your head.
够不够强悍?
Tough enough for you?
欢迎在任意播客平台订阅《史上最强悍的英雄》。
Subscribe to history's toughest heroes wherever you get your podcast.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。