本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
这个BBC播客由英国境外的广告支持。
This BBC podcast is supported by ads outside The UK.
我们关注的是
We focus on the part of
大多数人不知道的互联网部分。
the Internet that most people don't know about.
它被称为暗网。
It's called the dark
网络。
web.
在暗网最隐秘的角落,美国特别特工正执行任务,寻找并解救遭受虐待的儿童。
Undercover in the furthest corners of the dark web, US special agents are on a mission to locate and rescue children from abuse.
立即行动。
Move in now.
从
From
BBC世界服务《秘密世界》节目,带您深入最黑暗的网络,追踪他们令人震惊的调查。
the BBC World Service, World of Secrets, the darkest web follows their shocking investigations.
请在bbc.com或您收听BBC播客的任何平台收听。
Listen on bbc.com or wherever you get your BBC podcasts.
你害怕说英语吗?
Are you scared of speaking English?
你不是一个人。
You're not alone.
我是汉南。
I am Hanan.
我是乔治。
And I'm Georgie.
我们的新系列《战胜演讲焦虑》将帮助你克服说英语的恐惧。
And our new series, Beating Speaking Anxiety, helps you fight your fears of speaking English.
听听学习者和专家的故事,获取改善口语技巧的实用建议。
Hear from learners and experts and get practical advice about how to improve your speaking skills.
请在我们的网站 bbclearningenglish.com 上找到《克服说英语焦虑》。
Find beating speaking anxiety on our website bbclearningenglish.com.
你好,欢迎收听《我们说的英语》,本节目为您解释母语为英语的人常用的短语和表达,帮助您也学会使用它们。
Hello and welcome to The English We Speak, where we explain phrases and expressions used by fluent English speakers so that you can use them too.
我是菲菲。
I'm Feifei.
我是菲尔。
And I'm Phil.
菲菲,我可以问你一个问题吗?
Can I ask you something, Feifei?
当然可以。
Yes, sure.
好的。
Okay.
你知道吗,你打算下周休假,而我打算再下一周休假。
You know, you were going to take next week off work, and I was gonna take the week after that off.
结果我把日期搞混了。
Turns out I mixed up the dates.
我订了下周的机票。
I booked flights for next week.
我能和你换一下时间,下周休假吗?
Could I swap weeks with you and take next week off?
我知道这要求有点高。
I know it's a big ask.
菲尔,这确实是个很高的要求。
Phil, that is a big ask.
我觉得我做不到。
I don't think I can do that.
我已经把一切都安排好了。
I've already got everything planned out.
好吧。
Okay.
我明白。
I get it.
那确实是个很大的要求。
It was a big ask.
我们是不是该解释一下‘大要求’这个表达?
Should we just explain this expression a big ask?
嗯,这倒不算什么大要求。
Well, that's not such a big ask.
那就这么办吧。
Let's do that.
好。
Okay.
‘大要求’指的是你明知对方很难答应的请求。
So a big ask is a request for something that you know will be difficult for the person that you are asking.
你让我改假期,这要求太过分了。
You asking me to change my holiday was too big an ask.
我真的做不到。
I just can't do it.
我让你做这件事,可能确实太过分了。
That was probably an unreasonable thing for me to ask for.
我们工作中经常用‘big ask’来形容,当你提出某项任务时,你知道它会很难完成。
We often use a big ask at work to say that you know a task is difficult when you're asking for it to be done.
我知道这要求很高,但你能做到吗?
I know it's a big ask, but can you do it?
我们还用它来表示别人向我们提出的要求可能太难了。
And we also use it to say that what someone is asking us for might be too difficult.
这要求确实很高,但我还是会尽力完成。
That's a big ask, but I'll try and get it done.
我们来听听其他人使用‘big ask’的例子。
Let's hear some other examples of people using a big ask.
在我喝早咖啡之前,让我做任何事都算是个高要求。
Asking me to do anything before I've had my morning coffee is a big ask.
我知道这要求很高,但你下周末能去机场接我吗?
I know it's a big ask, but can you pick me up from the airport next weekend?
我的航班凌晨三点到达。
My flight gets in at 3AM.
首先,我的邻居请我在他度假期间帮他浇花。
To start with, my neighbour asked me to water his plants while he's on holiday.
但现在他又加了割草的任务,这就太过分了。
But now he's added mowing the lawn and that's a big ask.
我们一直在学习‘要求过高’这个表达,用来形容困难的请求。
We've been learning the expression a big ask to talk about difficult requests.
现在,‘ask’通常是动词,但在这里它实际上被用作名词。
Now, ask is usually a verb, but it's actually being used as a noun here.
我们很少在其他场合把‘ask’用作名词。
We don't often use ask as a noun outside this expression.
是的,我们不会。
No, we don't.
本期节目就到这里,下次再回来学习更多英语短语和表达吧。
That's it for this programme, but join us again next time to learn more English phrases and expressions.
一定要收听哦。
Make sure you listen.
这要求不高。
It's not a big ask.
再见。
Goodbye.
拜拜。
Bye.
我们关注的是
We focus on the part
大多数人不了解的互联网部分。
of the Internet that most people don't know about.
它被称为暗网。
It's called the dark web.
在美国最隐秘的暗网角落,特工们潜入其中,致力于定位并营救遭受虐待的儿童。
Undercover in the furthest corners of the dark web, US special agents are on a mission to locate and rescue children from abuse.
现在行动。
Move in now.
警察。
Police.
来自BBC世界服务的《世界之谜》系列节目,《最黑暗的网络》追踪了他们令人震惊的调查。
From the BBC World Service, World of Secrets, The Darkest Web follows their shocking investigations.
请在bbc.com或您收听BBC播客的任何平台收听。
Listen on bbc.com or wherever you get your BBC podcasts.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。