本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
这个BBC播客由英国境外的广告支持。
This BBC podcast is supported by ads outside The UK.
我们关注的是
We focus on the part of
大多数人不知道的互联网部分。
the Internet that most people don't know about.
它被称为暗网。
It's called the dark
网络。
web.
在暗网最隐秘的角落,美国特别特工正执行任务,寻找并营救遭受虐待的儿童。
Undercover in the furthest corners of the dark web, US special agents are on a mission to locate and rescue children from abuse.
立即行动。
Move in now.
从
From
BBC世界服务《秘密世界》节目,带您深入最黑暗的网络,追踪他们令人震惊的调查。
the BBC World Service, World of Secrets, the darkest web follows their shocking investigations.
请在bbc.com或您收听BBC播客的任何平台收听。
Listen on bbc.com or wherever you get your BBC podcasts.
我们的播客系列《职场英语》回归了,每周更新,帮助您提升工作中的英语能力。
Our podcast series, Office English, is back with weekly episodes to help you improve your English at work.
学习实用短语,助您在职场中用英语实现目标、进行闲聊,以及在出错时道歉。
Learn useful phrases to boost your career in English from setting goals to using small talk to apologising when things go wrong.
关注《职场英语学习》播客,收听节目或访问bbclearningenglish.com。
Follow the Learning English for Work podcast to listen or visit bbclearningenglish.com.
大家好,欢迎收听《我们说的英语》,我们将为您讲解母语为英语的人常用的短语和表达,让您也能自如使用。
Hello and welcome to The English We Speak, where we explain phrases and expressions used by fluent English speakers so that you can use them too.
我是菲菲。
I'm Feifei.
哦,我是菲尔。
Oh, and I'm Phil.
菲尔,我一直在等你挂掉电话,我们才能开始录制。
Phil, I was waiting for you to get off your phone before we could start recording this.
抱歉。
Sorry.
我有个朋友最近过得不太顺。
I've got a friend who's going through a bit of a rough patch.
他情绪很低落,所以我打电话给他聊了聊,想让他开心一点。
He's feeling quite down, so I rang him for a chat to see if I could cheer him up.
啊,明白了。
Ah, okay.
但我们为什么不学学你刚才用的那个短语‘go through a rough patch’呢?
But why don't we learn how to use that phrase you just used go through a rough patch?
好的。
Okay.
嗯,两个关键词是‘rough’和‘patch’。
Well, the two keywords are rough and patch.
Rough 是 smooth 的反义词,而 patch 可以指一块土地。
Rough is the opposite of smooth, and patch can refer to a piece of land.
想象你正行驶在一条平坦的道路上。
Imagine you're driving along a smooth road.
开车非常顺畅,但突然你遇到了一段颠簸的路段。
It's nice and easy to drive along, and then you hit a rough patch of road.
路面变得颠簸起来。
It gets bumpy.
感觉更不舒服了。
It's more uncomfortable.
开车变得困难了。
It's difficult to drive on.
生活中的 rough patch 就是指事情变得像这样。
Well, a rough patch is when something in your life does that.
对。
Yes.
当事情变得困难时,你正在经历一段艰难时期。
When things get difficult, you're going through a rough patch.
当然,艰难时期的好处在于它只是暂时的。
The good thing about a rough patch, of course, is that it's only a patch.
你很快就会度过这段时期,所以它只是暂时的。
You'll soon be out the other side, so it's just temporary.
或者也许你希望把它看作是暂时的。
Or maybe it's something that you want to think of as temporary.
是的。
Yeah.
我们用它来描述生活中的困难时期。
We use it to talk about difficult times in life.
也许你在工作或感情中正经历一段艰难时期。
Maybe you're going through a rough patch at work or in your relationship.
运动队也可能经历一段艰难时期,期间难以赢得比赛。
Sports teams can go through a rough patch where they struggle to win games.
是的。
Yes.
现在让我们听听其他人如何使用‘go through a rough patch’这个表达。
Now let's hear some other people using go through a rough patch.
我和我最好的朋友因为某件事发生了严重分歧。
My best friend and I had a big disagreement about something.
之后我们有一段时间关系很紧张。
And we went through a bit of a rough patch for a while.
我们很少说话。
We didn't speak very much.
但幸运的是,我们和好了,现在一切都好了。
But luckily, we made up and now everything's fine.
我叔叔最近经历了一段艰难时期,因为他辞了工作却找不到新工作。
My uncle is going through a rough patch recently because he quit his job and couldn't find a new one.
这家足球俱乐部花了数千万资金引进新球员,但仍然不断输球。
The football club spent millions and millions and millions on new players, but still they kept losing.
那确实是一段艰难的时期。
It was a real rough patch.
但现在球队开始赢球了。
But now the team started winning.
我们已经学习了表达‘go through a rough patch’来描述困难的时期。
We've been learning the expression go through a rough patch to talk about difficult times.
是的。
Yes.
还有一些其他的说法可以描述这些阶段。
There are some other ways we can describe these patches.
我们可以说‘sticky patch’或者‘difficult patch’。
We can talk about a sticky patch or just a difficult patch.
它们的意思都一样。
They all mean the same.
好的。
Okay.
本期节目就到这里,但请在下一期节目中继续学习更多英语表达和短语。
That's it for this programme, but join us next time to learn more English expressions and phrases.
如果你的英语学习遇到了困难时期,我们可以帮助你渡过难关。
And if your English learning is ever in a rough patch, we can help you to get through to the other side.
没错。
That's right.
下次见。
See you next time.
再见。
Bye.
我们关注的是互联网中大多数人不了解的部分。
We focus on the part of
它被称为暗网。
the Internet that most people don't know about.
它被称为暗网。
It's called the dark web.
在暗网最隐秘的角落卧底,美国特工正执行任务,寻找并解救遭受虐待的儿童。
Undercover in the furthest corners of the dark web, US special agents are on a mission to locate and rescue children from abuse.
现在行动。
Move in now.
警察。
Police.
来自BBC全球服务的《秘密世界》,这部关于最黑暗网络的节目,追踪了他们令人震惊的调查。
From the BBC World Service, World of Secrets, the darkest web follows their shocking investigations.
请在bbc.com或您收听BBC播客的任何平台收听。
Listen on bbc.com or wherever you get your BBC podcasts.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。