本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
我觉得团队可以分为两大类。
I feel like there's two buckets of teams.
一类是产品团队,他们理所当然地认为必须让产品令人愉悦。
There's the product teams that are just like, of course, we need to make our product delightful.
这就是我们制胜的法宝。
That's how we win.
而另一类产品团队则会反问:你到底在说什么?
And then there's just a bunch of product teams that are like, what are you even talking about?
我们有一堆功能要上线。
We have features to ship.
我们得完成几笔交易。
We gotta close some deals.
我们没时间搞这些。
We don't have time for this.
有时人们会把灯光想象成五彩纸屑。
Sometimes people think about the light as the confetti.
如果你摇晃手机,会有雪花飘落,但这不是我所说的光。
If you shake the phone, you have snowflake falling, but that's not the light I talk about.
真正的光是指那种能同时满足情感需求和功能需求的产品创造能力。
The light is actually this ability to create products that serve for both emotional need and functional need.
我完全明白你的意思。
I know exactly what you mean.
我现在再也不看Instagram了。
I never check Instagram anymore.
每次打开它都让我感觉不好。
I just don't feel good when I open it.
这个产品给我的感觉让我不再使用它。
The feeling of the product makes me not use it anymore.
我们该如何打造能实现生活目标的产品?
How can we build products where we can achieve the life goal?
最近我预约了一辆优步。
Recently, I booked an Uber.
我正等着司机,突然司机就无故取消了订单。
I was waiting for the driver, and suddenly, the driver canceled for no specific reason.
但当我打开应用时,只需点击两下就完成了退款。
But what happened is that when I get to the app, there've been only two clicks to get refunded.
搞定。
Bingo.
钱已退回。
Your money is back.
本来情绪应该很低落的,但解决方案瞬间消除了所有压力和摩擦。
The emotion was supposed to be low and suddenly the solution completely removed the stress and the friction.
我们来系统性地探讨如何解决这个问题。
Let's talk about how to actually approach this systematically.
我们需要满足三个主要支柱。
We need to satisfy three main pillars.
第一个是
The very first one is
房间里的大象。
The big elephant in the room.
什么时候这不值得你花时间?
When is this not worth your time?
像Workday、SAP和Salesforce这样表现非常出色但毫无乐趣的公司。
Companies like Workday, SAP, and Salesforce that did really well, very undelightful.
残酷的事实是
The hard truth is that
今天我的嘉宾是纳斯琳·申加尔。
Today my guest is Nasreen Shengal.
纳斯琳曾是Skype、Spotify、谷歌浏览器和谷歌Meet的资深产品负责人。
Nasreen was a longtime product leader at Skype, Spotify, Google Chrome, and Google Meet.
通过她构建一些全球最广泛使用的消费产品的经验,她开发了一个非常实用的框架,用于如何构建令人愉悦且具有用户粘性的产品体验。
And through her experience building some of the most widely used consumer products in the world, she developed a really pragmatic framework for how to build delightful and retentive product experiences.
很多产品负责人都在谈论构建出色的用户体验和让产品令人愉悦,但我从未见过一个具体且可重复的方法来实现这一点,尤其是能帮助你区分低影响力的彩带功能(正如纳斯琳所称)和真正推动KPI并让人们不断回访的功能。
A lot of product leaders talk about building great user experiences and making their products delightful, but I've never seen a concrete and repeatable approach to actually doing especially one that helps you separate low impact confetti features, as Nesreen calls them, and ones that actually drive your KPIs and keep people coming back.
在我们的对话中,我们讨论了为什么资源有限、问题繁多且优先级众多的产品团队,实际上应该花时间让他们的产品更具吸引力。
In our conversation, we talk about why product teams with limited resources, lots of fires and priorities, should actually spend time on making their products more delightful.
我觉得这部分内容非常有趣且出人意料。
I found this part super interesting and surprising.
我们探讨了哪些类型的产品团队和公司应该投资于产品愉悦感,尤其是B2B和B2C领域,然后深入探讨了她具体的四步框架,用于发现投资回报率最高的机会并进行优先级排序。
We talk about what sorts of product teams and companies should invest in Delight, particularly b to b b to c, and then we dive into her specific four step framework for discovering the highest ROI opportunities and prioritizing across them.
屏幕分享了许多来自她在Google Meet、Spotify和Chrome工作期间的精彩真实案例,以及苹果等其他她研究过的公司的例子。
The screen shares a bunch of really cool real world examples from her time at Google Meet and Spotify and Chrome and also examples from Apple and a bunch of other companies she's looked at.
非常感谢Matt Lemay为这次对话提出的主题建议。
A huge thank you to Matt Lemay for suggesting topics for this conversation.
如果你喜欢这个播客,别忘了在你喜欢的播客应用或YouTube上订阅关注。
If you enjoy this podcast, don't forget to subscribe and follow it in your favorite podcasting app or YouTube.
这对我们帮助巨大。
That helps tremendously.
如果你成为我年度通讯订阅用户,你将免费获得15款卓越产品的一年使用权,包括lovable、replete、bolt、n eight m linear、superhuman、descript、whisper flow、gamma、perplexity、warp、granola、magic patterns、raycast、chepier d和mobbin的一年免费服务。
And if you become an annual subscriber of my newsletter, you get a year free of 15 incredible products, including a year free of lovable, replete, bolt, n eight m linear superhuman, descript, whisper flow, gamma, perplexity, warp, granola, magic patterns, raycast, chepier d, and mobbin.
前往lenny'snewsletter.com并点击产品通行证。
Head on over to lenny'snewsletter.com and click product pass.
在此,我为大家介绍Nasreen Shankel。
With that, I bring you Nasreen Shankel.
本期节目由DX赞助播出,这是由领先研究人员设计的开发者智能平台。
Today's episode is brought to you by DX, the developer intelligence platform designed by leading researchers.
要在AI时代蓬勃发展,组织需要快速适应。
To thrive in the AI era, organizations need to adapt quickly.
但许多组织领导者难以回答紧迫问题,比如哪些工具在发挥作用?
But many organization leaders struggle to answer pressing questions like which tools are working?
它们是如何被使用的?
How are they being used?
真正创造价值的是什么?
What's actually driving value?
DX提供领导者所需的数据和洞察力,以应对这一转变。
DX provides the data and insights that leaders need to navigate this shift.
通过DX平台,Dropbox、Booking.com、Adyen和Intercom等公司能深入理解AI如何为他们的开发者创造价值,以及AI对工程生产力产生的实际影响。
With DX, companies like Dropbox, Booking dot com, Adyen, and Intercom get a deep understanding of how AI is providing value to their developers and what impact AI is having on engineering productivity.
了解更多信息,请访问DX官网getdx.com/lenny。
To learn more, visit DX's website at getdx.com/lenny.
网址是getdx.com/lenny。
That's getdx.com/lenny.
本期节目由Jira Product Discovery赞助播出。
This episode is brought to you by Jira Product Discovery.
构建产品最困难的部分其实不是产品开发本身。
The hardest part of building products isn't actually building products.
而是其他所有环节。
It's everything else.
包括证明工作价值、管理利益相关者、提前规划等。
It's proving that the work matters, managing stakeholders, trying to plan ahead.
大多数团队把更多时间花在被动应对上——追踪进度更新、论证路线图合理性、不断疏通工作阻塞以维持运转。
Most teams spend more time reacting than learning chasing updates, justifying roadmaps, and constantly unblocking work to keep things moving.
Jira产品发现让您重获掌控权。
Jira Product Discovery puts you back in control.
通过Jira发现功能,您可以捕捉洞见并优先处理高影响力创意。
With Jira, discovery, you can capture insights and prioritize high impact ideas.
它足够灵活,能适应团队的工作方式,帮助您制定推动共识而非质疑的路线图。
It's flexible, so it adapts to the way your team works and helps you build a road map that drives alignment, not questions.
由于它基于Jira构建,您可以在同一平台跟踪从战略到交付的全流程创意。
And because it's built on Jira, you can track ideas from strategy to delivery all in one place.
减少奔波,多些时间思考、学习并构建正确的事物。
Less chasing, more time to think, learn, and build the right thing.
免费获取Jira产品发现工具,请访问atlassian.com/lenny。
Get Jira product discovery for free at atlassian.com/lenny.
网址是atlassian.com/lenny。
That's atlassian.com/lenny.
Nesreen,非常感谢你的到来,欢迎参加播客节目。
Nesreen, thank you so much for being here, welcome to the podcast.
嗨,Lenny。
Hi, Lenny.
谢谢邀请我。
Thanks for having me.
这是我的荣幸。
It's my pleasure.
所以你刚刚出版了一本书,就在这期播客发布的前几天面世。
So you just published a book that is coming out or just came out a couple days ago from the time this podcast is coming out.
这本书涉及一个极具争议性的话题——产品愉悦感。
It's on a very polarizing topic, product it's called product delight.
我认为这个话题具有争议性是因为产品团队似乎分为两大阵营。
And the reason I think it's polarizing is I feel like there's two buckets of teams.
一类团队理所当然地认为:我们当然需要让产品充满愉悦感。
There's, like, the teams the product teams that are just, like, of course, we need to make our product delightful.
而这正是我们制胜的关键。
And that's how we win.
这就是我们的差异化优势。
That's how we differentiate.
这非常重要。
It's so important.
而另一类产品团队则会说:你到底在说什么?
And then there's just a bunch of product teams that are like, what are you even talking about?
我们要交付功能、要完成交易,没时间搞这些。
We have features to ship, we got to close some deals, we don't have time for this.
我们总有紧急问题要处理,要重构基础设施,哪有时间考虑愉悦体验。
We have fires constantly, we gotta rebuild our infrastructure, why don't we have no time for delightful stuff.
所以这次对话我主要想谈两部分内容。
So the my goal for this conversation is basically two parts.
一是帮助大家从实际角度(而非单纯感性层面)理解为什么值得投入,二是提供一个切实可行的框架模型,确保把时间花在真正有效的事情上。
One is help people understand why this is worth investing in very practically, not just the warm and fuzzies of it, and then to give them an actual framework and model for how to do this successfully and not waste time on stuff that's not useful.
你觉得怎么样?
How does that sound?
听起来是个很棒的目标。
Sounds like a great goal.
今天让我们一起分享这个目标。
And let's share this goal together today.
好的。
Okay.
这是我们共同的目标。
This is our mutual goal.
我们的关键绩效指标是一致的。
We have aligned KPIs.
好的。
Okay.
那么让我先从一个宽泛的问题开始,看看会讨论到哪里。
So let me let me start with just this broad question, and let's just see where this goes.
对于一个资源有限、问题不断、优先级繁多的产品团队来说,为什么应该花时间在愉悦功能和体验上?你最好的理由是什么?
What is your best pitch for why a product team with limited resources, constant fires, lots of priorities should spend time on delight and delightful features?
每次我谈论产品愉悦感时,无论是在会议还是工作坊中,我总是以这个简单的问题开场。
Every time I talk about delight, whether in a conference or a workshop, I always start with this very simple question.
你最喜欢的产品是什么?
What is your favorite product?
我真正欣赏的是,通常能收获丰富多样的回答。
I mean, what I love about it is the range and the variety of answer I usually get.
比如有人会选择提升效率的工具型产品,也有人会选择那些说不清缘由却能带来快乐或舒适感的产品。
Like some people would choose products for the productivity it get, and other may choose product because they feel joy or comfort with it without even knowing how to explain that.
这恰恰更令人兴奋——我们与产品之间存在着不同层次的连接。
And that's even more exciting because we connect with products at different levels.
可能是功能层面的契合,也可能是产品满足了我们尚未察觉的情感需求。
We might connect with products for the functionality part, or we might connect with product because it fulfill a certain emotionally that we were not even aware of.
因此顶级产品能与用户建立深层情感共鸣,这正是愉悦感的本质。
And so the best product deeply emotionally connect with users, and that's the essence of delight.
所以愉悦感本质上是同时满足功能需求与情感需求的产品塑造能力。
So delight is actually this ability to create products that serve for both emotional need and functional need.
残酷的现实是,即便是功能完善的产品,甚至是功能非常出色的产品,如果不能让用户感受到特定情感,也可能难以获得预期的市场反响、增长和成功。
And the hard truth is that even functioning product, very well functioning product, may tend or still experience some trouble or issue getting tractions and growth and the success that is hoped for if they do not allow users to feel certain emotions.
以Spotify为例,用户确实有很多音乐流媒体选择,但像'年度回顾'、基于心情的推荐或'每周发现'等功能,能让用户感到被看见、被倾听甚至产生连接。
So let's take Spotify, for example, like users do have plenty of options to stream music, but features like wrapped or mood based recommendation or like Discover Weekly allow users to be seen and heard and even connected.
因此愉悦感并非只是在实用性上撒点欢乐的调料。
So that's why the light is not about sprinkling joy on top of utility.
而是要创造一种情感体验,让情感成为体验的核心。
It's about creating an experience where emotion is completely on the heart of the experience.
让我们明确一点。
So let's be clear.
在当今市场如此拥挤的情况下,愉悦感已不再是奢侈品,反而成为了差异化因素。
Delight is not a luxury nowadays, and more nowadays because the market is so crowded, it's even a differentiator.
这是我们可以采用的战略,用以推动业务增长、提升用户忠诚度、促进口碑传播、实现增长甚至增加收入。
It's strategy a that we can adopt in order to grow our business, gain in loyalty, in word-of-mouth, in growth, and even in revenue.
听你这么说我也在思考,因为我最近确实有过类似的感受。
I think about it as you talk, because I've had some feelings recently like this, actually.
我已经不再查看Instagram了。
I never checked Instagram anymore.
我和妻子聊过这事,因为她经常刷Instagram,而我只是觉得打开它时感觉不好,体验并不愉快。
And my wife, I was talking to my wife about it because she checks it often and I was just like, I just don't feel good when I open it, it doesn't feel nice.
所以我干脆不再使用,她发来的所有私信和内容我都不会看,你发在Instagram上的任何东西我都不会看到。
And so I just don't ever go there, and so she sends me all these DMs and things in there, I'm just like, I didn't, nothing you send me on Instagram I will even see.
这其实就是一个最近的例子,产品的使用感受让我彻底放弃了它。
And that actually is a recent example of just like, yeah, the feeling of the product makes me not use it anymore.
所以我完全明白你的意思。
So I know exactly what you mean.
再想想Linear,他们最初的核心主张就是要打造最出色的任务管理系统。
Also think about linear, is like their whole thing initially was we're just going to make the most amazing basically, task management system.
表面上看你会觉得这行不通。
And on the surface, you'd be like, that is not gonna work.
市面上已经有Jira、Asana、Monday这些竞品,光靠做得更好是赢不了的。
There's like Jira and Asana and Monday and all these guys, you're not gonna win just making it awesome.
而他们正在取得成功。
And they are winning.
他们做得非常出色,因为他们对用户体验的每个环节都考虑得极为周到。
They're doing super well because they are so thoughtful about every part of the experience.
你可以说这体验非常令人愉悦。
And you could say it's very delightful.
所以我完全理解你的意思。
So I totally hear what you're saying.
当你谈到令人愉悦的功能时,添加一个令人愉悦的功能,就像...怎样理解什么是令人愉悦的功能?如何让它变得令人愉悦?
When you talk about delightful features, adding a delightful feature, just like what is what's a good way to understand what's a delightful feature making it delightful?
当我们开发产品时,关键要确保我们构建的解决方案能同时满足两种需求。
So when we create products, it's really important that the solution that we're building is solving for both needs.
我特别强调功能性需求的存在,比如你想预订航班、想听音乐。
And I really highlight the fact that there are functional needs, like for example, you wanna book a flight, wanna listen to music.
同时也应该满足情感需求,比如我想要减少孤独感。
And it should also solve for the emotional needs, which could be, I wanna feel less lonely.
我想要感到舒适。
I wanna feel comfort.
我想要感到安全。
I wanna feel secure.
而最好的产品是那些能够融合两者需求所打造的解决方案。
And the best product are those that create and craft solutions that blend the two.
所以如果你能将功能层面和情感层面融合在同一个解决方案中,那你就是在创造我们所说的情感连接。
So if you can blend the two dimensions, like the functional side and the emotional side within the same solutions, then you are creating what we call emotional connection.
顺便说一句,情感连接并不是一个新话题。
And by the way, emotional connection is not a new topic.
我是说,你可能在设计领域和营销领域都经常听到这个说法。
I mean, you've probably heard that very much in the design area and the marketing area as well.
你应该同意我的观点,最好的设计就是情感化设计。
I mean, you agree with me, the best design is the emotional design.
最好的营销就是情感化营销。
The best marketing is the marketing, like an emotional marketing.
我是说,我们看到最好的广告都来自那些打动人心的广告。
I mean, we see the best ads coming from those emotional ads.
但现实是,甚至在我开始写这本书之前,我就意识到在商业和产品领域这个话题并没有被广泛讨论。
But the reality is that, and even before I start writing the book, I realized that it's not that much spoken about in business and in products.
我的意思是,这本身就造成了鸿沟——设计师在谈论情感,营销人员在谈论情感,而中间的商业人士却一脸茫然:你们在说什么?
I mean, that by itself create the gap because you have designers talking about emotion, marketers talking about emotion, and then in the middle, business are like, what are you talking about?
我们需要交付功能,我们需要交付实用性。
We need to ship features, we need to ship functionality.
因此我们无法实现那个迫切需要的目标。
So we cannot achieve that so much needed goal.
所以在产品领域,我称之为‘愉悦感’。
So in product, I call it delight.
你可能会问,为什么是愉悦感?
You might ask, why delight?
因为每次我与创始人、CEO或任何产品负责人交谈时,他们都会说:我们需要让用户感到愉悦。
Because every time I talk to a founder or a CPU or any product leader, they all start by saying, we need to delight our users.
我是说,这句话本身就被反复提及。
I mean, this sentence by itself is very much repeated.
事实是他们不知道如何取悦用户。
The truth is that they don't know how to delight.
我们都同意应该取悦用户,但未必知道具体怎么做。
I mean, we agree that we should delight, but we don't necessarily know how to delight.
所以我从这个概念出发,尝试提出一个具体的框架,以及实际落地的操作方法。
So I started from this concept and I tried to come up with a concrete, of course, framework, but also an actual way to put that into practice.
为了更深入地定义这个概念,我想强调'愉悦'有两种定义。
And in order to get even deeper into the definition, I want to highlight that there are two definitions for the light.
我保证不会花太多时间讲理论,第一种是理论定义。
I promise I'm not going to spend too much time on the theory, but the first definition is the theoretic definition.
愉悦是一种情绪。
So the light is an emotion.
有位普拉兹克教授创建了我们所说的情绪轮。
And there's a professor called Professor Przyk who actually created what we call the wheel of emotion.
他实际上将'愉悦'概念化为两种情绪的结合。
And he actually conceptualized the light as a combination of two emotions.
你能猜出是哪两种情绪吗?
Could you guess what are these two emotions?
组合。
The combination.
嗯,我看过你的资料,所以我想我知道你要说什么。
Well, I've seen your stuff, so I think I know what you're gonna say.
其中一部分是超出预期,另一部分我记不清了,但我觉得那也很重要。
There's gonna be exceeding expectations is a part of it, and then I forget the other piece, but I think that's an important So
所以'愉悦'是一种情绪,是两种情绪的结合。
so the light is an emotion, and it's a combination of two emotions.
嗯。
Mhmm.
这两种情绪就是快乐和惊喜。
So these two emotions are joy and surprise.
好的,我们继续。
Okay, there we go.
我就在那一刻开始了。
I started I started right at that second.
我接受这个说法。
I'll take it.
好,喜悦加惊讶。
Okay, joy surprise.
现在试着感受一下。
Just try to feel it now.
想象自己处于一个同时体验喜悦和惊讶的时刻或情境中,这种情况下你会感到愉悦。
Imagine yourself in a moment or a situation where you are experiencing at the same time joy and surprise, in that case, you are delighted.
这就是愉悦感背后的理论依据。
So that's the theory behind delight.
现在,我们来实践一下。
Now, let's go to the practical side.
实践层面,我们如何将愉悦感付诸实践?
The practical side, how can we put delight into practice?
我们如何构建能够实现这一愉悦目标的产品?
How can we build products where we can achieve this delight goal?
为此,我们需要满足三大支柱原则。
And in order to do that, we need to satisfy three main pillars.
首要原则是消除摩擦。
The very first one is like removing friction.
第二是预判需求。
The second one is anticipating need.
第三是超越预期。
And the third one is exceeding expectation.
我将逐一解释这些原则,可能会通过举例让大家准确理解我的意思。
I'm gonna explain these one by one, maybe through examples so that people can get exactly what I talk about.
首先说到的就是消除摩擦。
So the first one I said by removing friction.
在产品开发过程中,识别我们称之为'代客时刻'的这些关键时刻非常重要。
It's really important when you're building product to identify what we call these valet moment.
这些时刻往往出现在用户情绪低谷期。
These moments where the emotion is at the bottom.
当用户可能正经历焦虑或压力时,我们如何优化体验来减少这些'代客时刻'?
And maybe the user is experiencing some anxiety, some stress, and how can we leverage the experience so we can reduce these valet moment?
我能分享的最佳案例是最近亲身经历的一件事。
The best example I could share with you is actually something that did happen to me recently.
当时我正准备从巴黎乘火车去伦敦,所以预订了优步。
I was actually about to take a train from Paris to London, so I booked an Uber.
优步给我分配了一位司机。
And Uber assigned me a driver.
我正在等车时,司机突然无故取消了订单。
I was waiting for the driver, and suddenly the driver canceled for no specific reason.
这让我感到非常焦虑。
And I was so stressed.
我真的必须赶上我的火车。
I really had to catch my train.
我已经迟到了。
I was late already.
所以我跳上了刚经过我楼下的第一辆出租车,完全忘了Uber应用的事。
So I jumped into the first taxi that just passed in front of my building, and I forgot about my Uber application.
实际情况是,当司机取消订单时,Uber当然会尽力为你分配新司机。
What happened is that actually when your driver cancel, Uber do their best in order to assign you a new driver, of course.
而我当时没注意到这点。
And I didn't pay attention to that.
结果司机到了我的位置,等了我,最后我被收取了等待时间和未乘坐行程的费用。
So the driver came to my place, he waited for me, and then I ended up being charged for the waiting time, charged for the trip that I didn't took.
当我在应用上发现这点时非常生气。
And I was so angry when I realized that on my app.
所以我心理上已经准备好要写篇长文说明情况,要求退款。
So I was psychologically prepared that I need to write an entire essay about what happened and how I want, and I need to be refunded.
但实际情况是,当我打开应用时,只需点击两下就能获得退款。
But what happened is that when I get to the app, there have been only two clicks to get refunded.
流程就像这样:选择你想退款的行程,然后砰的一下,钱就回来了。
It was like, select the trip you want to be refunded, and bingo, your money is back.
哇。
Wow.
我的意思是,我经历过那些本该情绪低落的时刻,但他们提供的解决方案完全消除了压力摩擦。
I mean, I've been into these moments where the emotion was supposed to be low, and suddenly the solution that they provided is something that completely removed the stress friction.
当然,现在我可以更轻松地继续使用服务,不用担心可能出现的压力。
And of course, now I can take more trips without the stress that may come out of that.
这就是消除摩擦。
So that's removing friction.
这个例子太棒了,再次印证了这个机制有多出色。
That's a really good example, just to double down on how awesome this is.
让原本预期很困难的事情变得简单,这本身就是一种愉悦。
Just making it easy to do something that you expect to be really hard is delightful.
比如取消订阅、退订某些服务。
Like canceling a subscription, unsubscribing from something.
很棒的例子。
Awesome example.
好的,继续。
Okay, keep going.
那么第二项原则是关于预见需求。
So the second pillar is about anticipating need.
这意味着,要记住,愉悦感中包含惊喜。
Meaning that, remember, in delight, you have surprise.
如果你必须等待用户明确告诉你他们需要什么,那你只是在满足他们的需求。
And if you have to wait for your users to tell you exactly what they need from you, then you are just honoring their need.
你并没有超越,甚至没有预见到你想为他们提供什么。
You're not exceeding, or you're not even anticipating what you wanna offer them.
另一个例子可能是,实际上我丈夫多年来一直试图说服我改用Revolut,就是那个银行应用Revolut。
So another example probably is, actually, my husband for many, many years, he's trying to convince me to move to Revolut, you know, Revolut app, that banking app.
老实说,我对传统银行应用已经很满意了,不想再增加额外的检查步骤等等。
And honestly, was comfortable enough with my traditional banking app and I didn't want to add more check and etcetera.
所以我确实抵制住了尝试新事物的诱惑。
So I did resist not getting into the temptation of trying.
但这种情况一直持续到某个特定时刻。
But that was until one specific moment.
实际上,几个月前我们全家去了新加坡旅行。
Actually, couple of months ago, we went on a family trip to Singapore.
当我们抵达那里时,才发现我们的法国运营商不允许免费国际通话,这意味着我们要为漫游和数据支付极高的费用。
And when we landed there, we actually realized that our French operator do not allow us to have international calls for free, meaning that we had to pay extreme high fees for roaming and for data.
那么有什么选择呢?
So what are the choices?
要么购买当地的eSIM,要么接受这些非常高昂的费用。
Like either you have to buy a local eSIM or you need to accept these fees, which are very high.
就在那时,我看向我丈夫,他打开Revolut应用,进入一个叫'eSIM'的标签页,花7欧元就买好了eSIM。
And that was the moment when I looked at my husband, he opened his Revolut app, he went to a tab called eSIM, buy eSIM, €7 is done.
Revolut到底是怎么想到在银行应用里加入eSIM功能的?
It's like how the hell did Revolut thought about putting an eSIM for a bank app?
我是说,这真的太疯狂了。
I mean, it's really insane.
但转念一想,Revolut的大部分用户都是国际用户或外派人士。
But then when you think about it, like most of Revolut users are international or expats.
所以他们经常旅行。
So they travel a lot.
在这种情况下,他们预见到人们会有旅行需求,可能会在某些目的地需要这类功能。
And in that case, they anticipated the need that people will travel and they will probably need at certain destination that kind of feature.
这就是预见需求的部分——在人们开口前就提供他们所需,创造惊喜。
So that's the anticipating needs part, creating surprise by giving them something before even people ask you for.
顺便说一下,Superhuman的CEO拉胡尔·沃拉(他上过节目,我很喜欢那期节目)说过类似的话。
And by the way, Rahul Woora, I mean, the CEO of Superhuman, who've been on the show, by the way, and I loved his show, he said something very similar.
他说要让产品被喜爱,你需要把标准定得比用户自身的期望更高。
He said like, in order for a product to be loved, you need to set the bar higher than your users themselves.
这说的就是超越预期。
Like that's about exceeding expectations.
现在我们讲到第三个支柱,那就是超越预期。
And now we're getting to the third pillar, which is exceeding expectations.
所以一旦你预见了他们的需求,真正重要的是超越预期,这意味着:我能否通过给予比他们要求的更多来让他们惊喜?
So once you anticipated their need, it's really important to exceed expectations, which means that, okay, can I surprise them by giving them more than they ask?
这里我又有一个可能大家都熟悉的例子。
And here again, I have an example maybe that everyone is familiar with.
比如我用Chrome,我喜欢Chrome,但我丈夫是微软企业用户,重度微软用户。
I mean, I use Chrome, I love Chrome, but my husband is a Microsoft corporate user, like heavy Microsoft user.
他一直用Edge浏览器。
And he uses Edge all the time.
前几天我看到他做了一件让我很惊讶的事。
I mean, the other day, I've seen him doing something that really surprised me.
当时他准备买咖啡机,结果他完成了整个购买流程。
Like he was about to buy a coffee machine, and he went through the entire journey.
他将咖啡机放入购物车准备付款
He put the coffee machine on for payment.
就在即将付款时,Edge突然自动提供了完整的自动填充功能和一张优惠券
He was about to pay, and suddenly, actually, Edge suggested him for a complete auto fill feature, a coupon.
他原本要支付约120欧元,结果因为Edge发现可用的优惠券,直接获得了15%的折扣
Like he was about to pay something like €120, and suddenly you get 15% discount because Edge found out that there is a coupon you can apply, and you just get 15% discount.
这对我来说就是超越预期——我根本没主动索要优惠券
That's for me exceeding expectation because I was not even asking for a coupon.
我本来都准备直接支付120欧元了
I was about to pay the €120 anyway.
这种意外之喜本身就创造了惊喜感
So that also by itself creates a kind of surprise.
以上就是三大支柱原则
So these are the three pillar.
我们需要灵活运用这些原则
We need to play with them.
我们不必同时完成所有这些。
We don't have to do them all at the same time.
但每次我们构建产品时,都需要思考如何减少摩擦?
But every time we build the product, we need to think about how can we reduce friction?
我们如何预判用户的需求?
How can we anticipate our users' need?
以及我们如何在产品中创造超出预期的部分?
And how can we create that exceed expectation part of the products?
我特别想澄清这一点,因为有时人们会把亮点理解为彩带效果。
And I really wanted to make this clear because sometimes people think about the light as the confetti.
比如前几天我在一个研讨会上,有人给我演示说'嘿,摇晃手机就会有雪花飘落'。
I mean, the other day I was giving a workshop and someone showed me like, Hey, if you shake the phone, you have snowflake falling.
是的。
Yes.
没错。
Yeah.
我是说,为什么不呢?
I mean, why not?
但这不是我所说的光。
But that's not the light I talk about.
它必须伴随价值而来。
It has to come with a value.
它必须有一个具体的理由。
It has to come with a concrete reason.
我把这个称为五彩纸屑效应。
And I call this like the confetti effect.
人们认为五彩纸屑是取悦用户的一种方式,但如果它不能带来任何价值,那就不要做。
Like people think about confetti as a way of delighting their users, but if it doesn't bring any value, then don't do it.
顺便说一句,我并不是来说不要做五彩纸屑效果。
And by the way, I'm not here to say don't do confetti.
我是说,为什么不呢?
I mean, why not?
五彩纸屑可以带来价值,也能增添一些欢乐。
Confetti could come with value and could bring some joy.
最好的例子就是爱彼迎,也许是你最熟悉的那个。
And the best example is on Airbnb, maybe the one that you're most familiar with.
我既是爱彼迎的房东,也是房客用户。
Like I'm an Airbnb user, both as a host, but also as a guest.
作为房东,我的目标是确保始终保留我的超赞房东徽章。
And as a host, I have a goal, which is to make sure that I always keep my super host badge.
我超爱这个徽章,当然它也能让我为房客提供最佳体验。
Like, I love badge, and of course it allows me to provide the best experience for my guests.
你知道它的运作方式,爱彼迎每三个月会重新评估你是否能继续成为超赞房东。
And you know how it works, like every three months Airbnb recess whether you wanna, you can remain a super host or not.
但你知道吗,每三个月当你续评为超赞房东时,打开应用就会看到满屏五彩纸屑,就像在与你共同庆祝那一刻。
But you know what happened, like every three months, if you're renewed as a super host and when you open the app, the app turns into confetti, like just to celebrate that moment with you.
这种时刻就是——何乐而不为呢?
And that kind of moment is like, why not?
因为我感觉Airbnb认可了我的努力,并和我一起庆祝这个小小的时刻。
Because I feel like Airbnb is recognizing my effort and celebrating that small moment with me.
所以关键在于确保你理解用户的价值,并确保你提供的解决方案能给他们带来快乐和惊喜。
So it's about making sure you understand the value of your users and making sure that you're providing a solution that just brings them joy and surprise.
超级房东的例子其实非常有趣,因为是我创建了这个项目。
The superhost example is actually really interesting, because I built the superhost program.
这是我在Airbnb时负责的项目之一,我和我的团队共同完成的。
That was one of my projects at Airbnb, me and my team.
有趣的是,这个项目的初衷并不是为了提升某个指标。
And interestingly, it came from not from, like, here's a metric we need to move.
而是要建立超级房东体系。
Let's build superhost.
它其实源于Chip Connolly的想法——他刚上过播客节目,是位资深酒店从业者——他说你们需要一种区分服务质量和等级的方式。
It instead came from this guy, Chip Connolly, who was just on the podcast, who was a longtime hotelier, and he's just like, you need a way to differentiate status and levels of quality.
而这就是实现方式之一。
And this is one way to do it.
产品团队其实很担心这会拖累搜索转化率,人们会被这个项目分散注意力。
And there's a lot of actually fear on the product team that this is gonna tank search conversion, people will be distracted by this thing.
有趣的是,这让房东们非常开心,就像你说的那样——‘我想成为超级房东’。
Interestingly, it made hosts really happy like you, just like, I wanna be super host.
不知道为什么,但我就想当个超级房东。
I don't know why, but I wanna be a super host.
实际上它并没有改变任何指标,这很有意思。
It didn't actually move any metrics, which is interesting.
可能这些年有所变化,但这个反常规的项目确实很有趣——感觉就像‘怎么可能没有它呢?’
May might have changed over the years, but it was an interesting interesting contrarian project that feels like how could you not have it?
但它确实没有真正推动任何指标,这总是让我们感到惊讶,不过也许后来见效了。
But it didn't really move any metrics, which always surprised us, but maybe it did later.
总之,我非常喜欢这种思考愉悦感的简单方式,而且我认为你大大低估了这个框架对人们的帮助——它就是在教人如何打造出色的产品体验。
Anyway, I really love this very simple way of thinking about delight, and I think I think you're most underselling what this framework is helping people with, which is just how to build great product experiences.
所以这个‘快乐+惊喜’的组成部分,其实就是情感要素。
So there's this joy plus surprise piece, which is just the emotional component.
如果有欢乐和惊喜,你会感到愉悦。
You'll feel delighted if you're there's joy and surprise.
然后这三部分更像是——我不知道该怎么说——一种更实用的思考方式。
And then this three piece more I don't know, even practical way of thinking about it.
消除阻力、预判需求、超越期望。
Removing friction, anticipating needs, exceeding expectations.
这就是打造卓越体验的方法。
Like, is how to build great experiences.
其中部分原因是被它带来的愉悦感所打动。
And part of that is being delighted by it.
部分原因在于这本身就是一种绝佳体验。
Part of it is just this is a great experience.
我认为这个问题中一个明显的症结在于B2B与B2C的区别。
I think a big elephant in the room with this question is b to b versus b to c.
就像是在问:什么时候这样做不值得你花时间?
And just like, when is this not worth your time?
我想象像Workday、SAP、ServiceNow以及所有这些Salesforce这样的公司做得很好,但却非常缺乏愉悦感。
I imagine companies like Workday and SAP and ServiceNow and all these Salesforce that did really well, very undelightful.
我对这个问题的思考是,在一个新兴市场还没有出现令人惊艳的产品时,只要解决了真正的痛点,就不必过分追求体验的完美。
The way I think about this is when it's like a greenfield market and there's nothing amazing yet, you don't need to make it as great of an experience as long as it's solving a real big pain point.
但随着市场竞争加剧,以Linear为例,脱颖而出的方式就是提供更优质、更令人愉悦的体验。
But as the market gets more competitive, linear is a good example here, the way you can stand out is make it a much better experience, it much more delightful.
有什么想法吗?
Thoughts?
是的,感谢提到这个B2B与B2C的问题,因为它经常出现。
Yeah, thanks for bringing this B2B versus B2C thing, because it comes a lot.
每次我谈到愉悦感时,人们可能会将其与B2C领域联系起来。
And every time I talk about delight, people might connect that to the B2C world.
说实话,对我来说,只要最终使用产品的是人,他们的情感就需要被尊重。
And honestly, for me, as long as there are human using the product at the end of the day, then they need their emotion to be honored.
例如,当我真正开始这个灯光项目时,我意识到我的职业生涯大部分时间都更接近B2C工作。
So for example, when I actually started this project of the light, I realized that most of my career has been mostly close to the B2C work.
是的,我曾在Skype、Spotify、Google Meet和Google Chrome工作过。
Yes, I've been working for Skype, Spotify, Google Meet, Google Chrome.
所以我很快意识到需要采访B2B领域的人,以了解他们领域的亮点是什么。
So I quickly realized that I needed to interview people from the B2B space so that I get the sense of what's the light in their space.
因此我采访了来自GitHub、Atlassian或Snowflake的人。
So I interviewed people from GitHub or Atlassian or Snowflake.
我的意思是,我确实想获取不同行业和类型的多样性样本。
I mean, I really wanted to get a variety of industry and type of industries.
而我发现(这可能并不令人惊讶)的是,他们确实以某种方式重视情感连接。
And what I realized, which probably not a surprise, is that they do value emotional connection in a way or another.
我是说,这并不是什么新鲜事。
I mean, it's not something new.
他们只是以不同的方式实现它。
They just do it in a different way.
例如,Dropbox就有一个名为'纸杯蛋糕'的产品原则。
So for example, for Dropbox, they do have a product principle called Cupcake.
Snowflake公司则有一个名为'超级英雄'的理念。
For Snowflake, they have something called Superhero.
虽然名称可能各不相同,但核心理念完全一致。
I mean, the names could vary, but the meaning is exactly the same.
本质上都是为了给客户带来愉悦体验。
I mean, it's all about bringing joy to the customers.
因此我提出了B2H这个概念,即商业对人性的关注。
So I came up with this concept of B2H, which is business to human.
对我来说,在产品构建中考虑人类情感至关重要,无论是B2B还是B2C领域。
For me, it's really important to take into consideration human emotion while building the product, whether in a B2B space or a B2C space.
正如你所说,由于人们接触了大量B2C案例,用户的期待值确实在不断攀升。
And by the way, exactly as you said, since people are so much exposed to B2C examples, I mean, expectations are getting higher.
我们也期待B2B产品能更具人性化,更富人情味。
And we are expecting also from B2B products to become more human and to feel more human.
为此我专门写了这本书,将人性化定义为一种愉悦创造机制。
So actually, I wrote this book, I defined what I call humanization as a type of delighter.
我列举了几个令人愉悦的因素,而人性化就是其中之一。
I mean, listed a couple of delighters, and humanization is one of them.
我甚至说过这是我最喜欢的一个。
And I even said it's my favorite.
关键在于提出以下这个问题。
Is about asking the following question.
如果我的产品是一个人,体验会如何变得更好?
If my product was a human, how would the experience would be better?
试着从这个角度思考。
Just think about it that way.
举个例子,当我加入Google Meet团队时正值2020年疫情爆发,我们当然需要解决人们适应居家办公新方式带来的各种挑战。
So for example, when I worked for Google Meet, and I actually joined Google Meet right when pandemic happened, like 2020, and we had, of course, to work on those challenges of, like, how people are taking these new ways of working from home.
所以我们没有将Google Meet与Zoom、Teams或其他视频会议工具比较,你知道我们把它比作什么吗?
So instead of comparing Google Meet to Zoom or Teams or whatever other video conferencing tool, do you know what did we compare Google Meet to?
你觉得这个点子是不是很棒?
That's the best, do you think?
也许就像一次真实的对话?
Maybe just like an actual conversation?
没错。
Exactly.
我是说,这就是我们为自己设定的标准。
I mean, that's the bar that we're setting ourselves.
就像将Google Meet与我们面对面交谈时可能更好的会议体验相比较。
Like comparing Google Meet to how this experience of meeting could be better if we were all having this conversation in a row.
因为如果你把这个作为目标,你就会设定更高的期望标准,并开始以人性化的方式思考。
Because if you get this as a goal, you set a higher bar of expectation and you start to think in a human way.
顺便说一句,还有一个让我印象深刻的例子,我在准备这个项目时与戴森的产品负责人交谈过,他说了非常类似的话。
And by the way, there is another example that really stick to me, which when I was preparing for this project, I spoke with a head of product from Dyson, and he said a very similar thing.
实际上,当我和安迪交谈时,他说:'我们不把戴森吸尘器与其他吸尘器比较。'
Actually, when I spoke with Andy, he said, We don't compare our Dyson vacuum cleaner to other vacuum cleaner.
我们比较的是:'如果我雇一个真人会怎样?'
We compare them to, What if I hire a real person?
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
那个真实的人会如何比我们正在建造的机器人做得更好呢?
And how would that real person would be better than the robot that we are building?
实际上,如果你雇人来打扫房子,你可能会告诉那个人从某个房间开始或以某种方式清洁,而当时的机器人还做不到这些。
Actually, if you hire a certain person to clean your house, you probably tell that person to start with a certain room or to clean in a certain way, which the robot was not ready at that time.
因此他们在机器人中加入了建议功能,使其更接近真人般的清洁体验。
So they added recommendation into their robot to get closer to what a real human like space could happen.
这就是人性化的概念。
So that's the concept of humanization.
这关乎确保你的产品——实际上是提醒用户产品背后有真实的人存在,而我们也想实现这一点。
It's all about making sure that your product or it's actually about reminding users that there are real human behind the product, and we wanna achieve that.
如果你想看一个真正讨喜的类人吸尘器,那就是Matic。
If you wanna see a really delightful human like vacuum cleaner, the the Matic.
不知道你见过Matic没有。
I don't know if you've seen the Matic.
我刚买了一台。
I just got one.
而且,那纯粹是一种享受。
And, that is a pure delight.
他们做得太棒了。
They nailed it.
他们不需要读你的书,就已经做得很完美了。
They didn't need to read your book, they nailed it.
回到这个B2B的部分,我认为确保我们帮助人们理解这一点很重要。
Coming back to this B2B piece, I think it's an important piece to just make sure we help people see.
你觉得我说的对吗?如果这是一个新兴市场,竞争不激烈,而你正在解决一个重大痛点,他们会觉得这是个火烧眉毛的问题。
Do you feel like what I said is true, that if it's like a new market without a ton of competition and you're solving a big pain point, they're like, this is a hair on fire problem.
我只需要一个能用的CRM系统,或者一个客服工具,而不是像ServiceNow那样的复杂系统。
I just need I need a CRM that works, or I need a customer service thing versus you ServiceNow.
在这种情况下,准确满足需求、超越预期或预见需求就没那么必要了。
There's less need to get this right, to exceed expectations, to anticipate needs.
如果你只是解决了他们现有的问题,而且没有其他选择,那可能就足够了。
If you're just like solving the problem they have and there's nothing else, that's probably gonna be okay.
说实话,也许这个产品能行。
Honestly, maybe the product will work.
当然它必须得能用。
And of course it has to work.
但问题在于,如果你不把这部分整合到解决方案的构建方式中,你可能只是在做一个产品,而不是能脱颖而出的他们的产品。
But the problem is that if you do not integrate that part into the way how you're building the solution, you're probably just building a product, but not their product that will stand out.
我是说,如果有另一个竞争对手在解决情感需求,那么另一个产品就会胜出。
I mean, if there is another competitor who's addressing the emotional needs, then the other product will win.
我是说,现在的市场就是这样。
I mean, that's how the market is today.
所以你当然会做出一个能用的产品,但你是只想让它能用,还是想让它脱颖而出?
So of course you will make a product that works, but do you want it to just work or do you want it to stand out?
顺便说一句,既然我们谈到这个B2B和B2C领域,就在几天前,我在一篇LinkedIn帖子里提到了这个我特别喜欢的观点。
And by the way, since we're talking about this B2B and B2C space, just a couple of days ago, I was pinging it in a post, LinkedIn post that I really loved.
所以我在这里分享一下。
So I'm sharing it here.
实际上,这是来自Buffer的一位产品负责人。
Actually, it was from a product leader from Buffer.
而且他说了一些非常有趣的事情。
And actually, he said something really interesting.
他实际上说我们意识到大约2%的非Buffer用户明显处于不活跃状态。
He actually said that we realized that about 2% of our users who are not using Buffer, they are clearly inactive.
他们已经好几个月没有使用我们的产品了。
They are not using our product for many months.
所以我们决定给他们发邮件说:嘿,我们注意到你没有使用我们的产品。
So we decided to send them an email and say, hey, we noticed that you're not using our product.
我们要给你退款吗?
Are we gonna refund you?
这意味着我们将损失收入。
Meaning that we're gonna lose money.
是的。
Yes.
但这关乎信任与诚信。
But it's about trust and integrity.
所以这是一个B2B领域。
So this is a B2B space.
这是关于建立信任。
This is about creating trust.
这是关于建立这种联系。
This is about creating this connection.
人们的反应很有趣,因为你可能会提醒人们解约或终止与某个产品的合同。
And the reaction is really funny, because you might remind people to resign or close your contract with a certain product.
但这反而建立了更深层的联系,甚至可能让你根本不想取消。
But that even creates a deeper connection that might even drive you to not cancel at all.
比如,好吧,你邀请我取消服务,但非常感谢你的坦诚,所以我决定继续使用。
Like, okay, you're inviting me to cancel, but thanks so much for your honesty, so I'm gonna remain.
我的意思是,这种事情会随着时间的推移建立起信任关系。
I mean, this kind of thing build trust connection over time.
正如你所说,这可能不会对指标产生重大影响,但随着时间的推移,当你为产品塑造个性或建立品牌时,它肯定会逐渐产生影响。
So it might not, as you said, like create like a big impact on metrics, but over time, as you're building personality or building a brand for your product, it will definitely have impact over time.
Slack就是一个很好的例子。
Slack, I think is a good example of that.
我记得第一次使用Slack时,那些令人愉悦的小动画和有趣的语录,他们最终成为了一个价值300亿美元的公司。
I remember using Slack for the first time, the little delightful animations and these little funny quotes, and they ended up being a $30,000,000,000 company.
我感觉我听到的是,竞争越激烈,你就越需要脱颖而出,这一点就越需要做好。
It feels like what I'm hearing is just like the more competition there is, the more you need to stand out, the more this is something you need to get right.
因为如果你解决的问题别人都没解决。
Because if there's a problem you're solving, no one else is.
体验不一定要非常出色。
You don't the experience doesn't have to be incredible.
比如Revolut,另一个例子。
Like Revolut, another example.
银行产品很多,但他们凭借出色的体验和大量令人愉悦的设计脱颖而出。
There's a lot of banking products, but the way they stood out, incredible experience, lot of delight.
好的。
Okay.
让我们来谈谈具体如何实现这一点。
Let's get to how to actually do this.
到目前为止,我们一直在讨论为什么值得考虑和做这件事。
We've been so far, we're just like, here's why it's worth thinking about and doing.
现在,我们来谈谈如何实际着手处理这个问题。
Now, let's talk about how to actually approach this.
你有一个非常简单明确的方法来处理这件事,这样就不会把时间浪费在错误的事情上,也不仅仅是投资于华而不实的东西。
You have a really simple and clear way of approaching this, so you're not spending time in the wrong stuff, and not just investing in confetti.
这被称为愉悦模型。
It's called the delight model.
详细说说这个。
Talk about that.
是的,我们还没提到的是,在我的产品职业生涯中,我一直是个普通的产品经理,但在谷歌期间,我担任的是愉悦产品经理的角色。
Yes, so the things that we did not really spoke about is the fact that over my product career, I've been like a regular PM, but during my time at Google, I've been the delight PM.
所以甚至有一个专门的产品团队负责确保产品能带来愉悦体验。
So there is even an entire product team who actually work on making sure that the product is delightful.
我是说,我们在Chrome浏览器上就有这样的团队。
I mean, we do have such a thing for Chrome.
Google Meet也有这样的团队。
We have that for Google Meet.
我是说,这是真实存在的。
I mean, that's a real thing.
当然我理解不是每家公司都能奢侈地配备一位愉悦体验产品经理。
And of course, I understand that not every company could allow themselves having the luxury of having a Delight PM.
所以这就是为什么我提出了这个可操作性的概念。
So that's why I came with this concept of how can I make this actionable?
于是我创建了愉悦体验模型。
And I created the Delight model.
这个模型非常简单。
It's very simple.
顺便说一下,我想在此强调的是,你无需改变公司现有的任何工作方式或正在采取的战略步骤。
And by the way, what I want to really highlight here is that you do not have to change any ways of working or any, any strategic steps that you're already taking in your company.
那么,什么是愉悦模型?
So what is the Delight, model?
它分为四个步骤实现。
It happens in four steps.
我们将逐一讲解这些步骤。
So we're gonna walk then one by one.
第一步是识别用户的动机因素。
And the very first step is about identifying users' motivators.
我的意思是,实际上用户使用产品的原因可能截然不同。
What I mean is that actually users are using products for complete different reasons.
这是你首先需要意识到的事情。
And that's the very first thing that you need to get aware of.
我们确实会进行用户细分。
I mean, we do segmentation.
这通常是大多数产品人员会做的事情。
That's usually something that most of product people do.
但我们通常基于人口统计或行为进行细分,即他们是谁或他们实际如何使用产品。
But we usually segment based on demographic or behavioral, meaning that who they are or what do they really do with the product.
而我认为第三种非常有效的细分方式是动机细分,即你需要根据用户为何使用产品来划分用户群。
And the third type of segmentation that I believe is very powerful is the motivational segmentations, means that you need to segment your users based on why do they use the product.
举个例子,当我在Spotify工作时,我们知道有些人使用Spotify是为了搜索特定曲目。
Like for example, like when I worked at Spotify, we know that there are people who use Spotify to search for a specific track.
也有人使用Spotify是因为他们想获得灵感。
Or there are people who use Spotify because they want to get inspired.
还有些人听Spotify是因为他们想减少孤独感,或想感觉更高效,或想建立联系。
And others will listen to Spotify because they want to feel less lonely, or they want to feel productive, or they want to feel connected.
这些都是动机因素。
I mean, these are motivators.
该模型的第一步就是要确保我们有一份清单,列出我们所说的功能性动机和情感性动机。
And the very first step of the model is to make sure that we have a list of what we call like, functional motivators and the emotional motivators.
我确信大多数听众都熟悉功能性动机,但情感性动机是这个过程中极其重要的一部分,因为我们稍后会用到它。
I'm pretty sure most of the listeners are familiar with the functional motivators, but the emotional motivators is an extremely important part of the process, because we're gonna use it later.
这是第一步。
That's the first step.
那么明确一下,功能性动机就像是:我需要找一首歌,我需要获得灵感,我需要为孩子找点东西听。
So just to be clear, so functional motivators are like, I need to find a song, I need to get inspired, I need to find something for my kid to listen to.
情感性动机的例子有哪些?
What are some examples of emotional motivators?
以Spotify为例,情感性动机可能是:我想减少孤独感,或者我想改变心情。
So emotional motivator for the Spotify example could be, I wanna feel less lonely, or I want to change my mood.
有时候你会打开Spotify却没有特定的收听目标,但需求是改变心情或者唤起怀旧之情之类的。
That's something that sometime you go to Spotify without specific thing in your head to listen to, but the need is to change your mood or to feel nostalgic or something like that.
这些都是例子。
Mean, these could be example.
例如在Uber的案例中,我知道他们投入了大量工作让用户感到安全,并为此开发了许多安全功能。
For example, in the case of Uber, I know that they have been working heavily on allowing users to feel secure and they build a lot of feature for security reasons.
这很有趣。
That's interesting.
这就像是待完成工作的细微差别版本。
It's like a nuanced version of jobs to be done.
既有功能性的待完成工作,也有你希望获得的情感体验。
There's the functional jobs to be done, and then there's the how you wanna feel.
是的。
Yeah.
非常有趣。
Super interesting.
好的,很棒。
Okay, great.
即使我们讨论情感动机,
And even when we talk about emotional motivators, we have the personal emotional motivators and the social emotional motivators.
而个人情感动机则是用户在使用产品时想获得产品时希望获得的情感体验。
The personal emotional motivators is how users want to feel while using the product.
这完全就是ACE(王牌)
That's exactly ACE.
社交情感动机则是用户希望他人在自己使用产品时如何看待自己
The social emotional motivators is how users want others to feel about them while using the product.
比如想想Wrapped年度总结这个例子
I mean, think about wrapped, for example.
很多人分享他们的年度总结,是想展示自己有多酷,为了被他人认为很酷并感到有归属感
A lot of people share their wrapped because they want to share how cool they are and in order to be perceived cool and to feel connected.
这些都是情感连接的不同维度
I mean, are different areas of emotional connection.
所以第一步是同时识别情感动机和功能动机
So this is the first step, identifying emotional motivators also as well as functional motivators.
第二步则是将这些动机转化为机会
Now, the second step is to convert those motivators.
当你有了这份清单后,如何将其转化为产品或商业机会?
I mean, as soon as you have this list, how can I convert this into an opportunity or product opportunity?
所以你有了基础
So you have the basis.
我是说,最难的工作是识别这些动机因素,然后你才能识别与之相关的产品机会
I mean, the hardest job is to identify these motivators, and then you can identify product opportunities related to that.
顺便说一句,我们看到转变在于我们不再过多讨论产品空间,而是更关注机会空间
And by the way, we see the shift that we are not too much talking about product space, but rather opportunity space.
因为解决方案不仅关乎解决问题,还关乎满足需求并确保我们正针对这些需求提供解决方案
Because solutions are not only about solving problems, but also about honoring needs and making sure that we are solving for those needs.
所以我们可以使用'我们该如何'之类的工具或其他方法
So we can use things like how might we or whatever.
顺便说一句,我对这里使用的具体框架并不特别教条或严格
By the way, I'm not very religious or strict about whatever framework could be used here.
关键在于从这些动机出发,定义它们并将其作为待解决的机会纳入战略
It's all about starting from these motivators and define them and put them in the strategy as opportunities to be solved.
所以这是第二步
So this is second step.
第三步,我们会接触到更具体的内容,即尝试找出能解决这些动机的解决方案。
The third step, where we get to a more concrete things here, is to try to identify solutions, but that solve for those motivators.
请记住,我们实际上已经识别了功能性动机和情感性动机,并且我定义了我称之为‘愉悦度等级’的概念。
So remember, we actually identified functional motivators and emotional motivators, and I defined what I call the delight grade.
愉悦度等级是一个矩阵,我们将功能性动机和情感性动机放置其中,然后从所有已识别的解决方案中进行选择,并根据该解决方案针对哪种动机将其放置在网格中。
So the delight grade is a matrix where we place functional motivators and emotional motivators, and then you will select among all of the identified solutions, and you place them in the grid based on what motivators is this solution solving for.
我的意思是,它是针对某个特定的功能性动机提供解决方案吗?
I mean, is it solving for one particular functional motivator?
它是针对某个特定的情感性动机提供解决方案吗?
Is it solving for one particular emotional motivator?
还是两者兼顾?
Or both?
我们为什么要这样做?
Why are we doing this?
因为我们正在将功能分为三种类型。
Because we are categorizing features into three types.
当某个功能仅满足情感动机时,我们称之为表层愉悦。
There's the surface delight when a feature is only solving for an emotional motivator.
想想Wrapped功能就知道了。
I mean, think about wrapped.
我们这里多次提到Wrapped,但它本身没有任何功能性。
We used wrapped a couple of times here, but wrapped has nothing functional into it.
它完全是为了让人们感到酷炫并分享给朋友。
It's all about allowing people to feel cool and share that with their friends.
这就是表层愉悦。
That's surface delight.
对,另一个表层愉悦的例子。
Yeah, another example of surface delight.
前几天我用Apple Watch时正好是我生日。
The other day, I was using my Apple Watch and it was my birthday.
所以生日那天,我的表盘上出现了这个气球动画。
So on my birthday, I had this balloon.
不知道你有没有体验过这个功能
I don't know if you experienced it.
就像屏幕上会显示生日快乐
Like it's saying happy birthday in the screen.
为什么不呢?
Why not?
这完全是为了在情感层面建立这种情感连接
This is all about creating this emotional connection on the emotional level only.
第二种愉悦感我称之为浅层愉悦
The second type of delight is what I call low delight.
即功能仅满足其中一项功能性动机时
It's when the feature is only solving for one of those functional motivators.
当然,第三种对我来说最强大的是深层愉悦
And of course, the third type, is the most powerful for me, is the deep delight.
实际上,当某个功能同时满足功能性需求和情感需求时,就会产生这种愉悦
Actually, this happens when you have a feature where you are at the same time solving for a functional need and also solving for an emotional need.
以Spotify为例,'每周发现'或'Spotify Jam'功能就是深度愉悦的典范——我们不仅能从中学习或获取新音乐灵感,而且是以个性化方式实现的,这让我们感受到应用真正倾听了、看见并理解了我们。
For example, in the case of Spotify, Discover Weekly or Spotify Jam could be a good example of deep delight, where we actually can of course learn or get inspired with a new music, but in a personalized way, so it allows us to feel heard and seen and understood by the app.
这就是第三步:识别解决方案并确保它们能带来愉悦感,同时在此进行分类。
And that's the third step, which is about identifying solutions and make sure that they are delightful and categorize them here.
第四步是该模型的最后一步:验证环节。
The fourth step, which is the last step of the model, is validating.
因为我们要如何确保自己不是在创造肤浅的愉悦,或者用错误的方式实现它呢?
Because how can we make sure that we are not just creating only surface delight or we are just doing it in the wrong way?
为此我创建了一个'愉悦度检查清单'。
So I created something that I call the delight checklist.
这实际上是一份人人都能使用的清单,用于确保我们开发的功能既能产生用户影响,也能带来商业价值——因为愉悦感不应成为在产品中添加华而不实功能的借口。
It's actually just a checklist that anyone can go through to make sure that the feature that we're building is making user impact, is making business impact, because delight is not an excuse to just add an aesthetic and fun part in the product.
它必须与商业目标保持高度一致。
It really has to be aligned with the business.
此外还需考虑其他几个因素,比如可行性和熟悉度。
But also, are other couple of things, like feasibility, familiarity.
对我来说,包容性是非常重要的一部分。
And very important part for me is inclusion.
在这里,包容性确实需要被充分考虑。
Inclusion really has to be taken into consideration here.
因为当我们谈论情感时,让我快乐的事物未必能让你快乐,对吧?
Because when we talk about emotion, what makes me happy is not necessarily what make you happy, right?
我的意思是,甚至我自己,今天让我开心的东西明天可能就不一定能让我开心了。
I mean, even myself, I might be happy with something that is not necessarily what's gonna make me happy tomorrow.
所以当我们讨论愉悦感时,包容性非常重要,因为我们见过太多做错的例子。
So inclusion is really important when we talk about the light because we've seen a lot of example where it's done wrong.
我也可以在这里分享一些例子。
And I can share some example here as well.
我想到的例子实际上是去年在巴黎或整个法国发生的一件事。
So the example that comes to my mind is actually something that happened last year here in Paris or in France in general.
那是Delivior这家配送公司。
It was Delivior, this company that deliver.
实际上,那天是母亲节。
And actually, it was Mother's Day.
在母亲节那天,他们想出了一个主意,给Deliveroo用户发送通知。
And on Mother's Day, they came up with the idea of sending notification to Deliveroo users.
这个通知看起来就像是你妈妈的一个未接来电。
And the notification look exactly as a missed call from your mom.
我的意思是,如果你从屏幕上看,它显示的是'妈妈的未接来电'。
I mean, if you look at it from the screen, it says like missed call from your mom.
你点击它,就会看到'嘿,今天是母亲节'。
You click on it, you get like, hey, it's Mother's Day.
哦。
Oh.
想想你的妈妈。
Think about your mother.
这很聪明。
That's clever.
这很巧妙。
That's clever.
本意是想让人感到愉悦。
It was supposed to be delightful.
问题是这个功能在法国遭到了前所未有的负面报道。
The problem is that this feature had the worst press ever in France.
人们真的开始抱怨这件事,虽然初衷是好的。
Like, people really started to complain about it because, yes, the intention was positive.
对某些人来说确实很欢乐,但不是每个人都有享受这种通知的幸运。
Yes, it was joyful for some people, but not everyone has the luxury of enjoying such notification.
对一些人意味着快乐。
For some, it means joy.
对另一些人则意味着悲伤或痛苦之类的。
For others, it means grief or sorrow or whatever.
所以它不够包容。
So it was not inclusive enough.
这就是为什么我要强调愉悦功能中的包容性部分,因为它可能在未来某个时候被实施。
So that's why I'm highlighting the inclusion part for delight, because it might be undertaken sometime.
好的,太棒了。
Okay, incredible.
这确实是个很好的例子,说明为什么你需要在最后检查清单中确保这不会意外地让人感到不快。
And that was a really good example of why you have this checklist at the end of making sure this is actually not gonna upset people, well, accidentally.
本节目由LucidLink赞助播出,这是一个存储协作平台。
This episode is brought to you by LucidLink, the storage collaboration platform.
你已经打造了一个很棒的产品,但如何通过视频、设计和故事来展示它,才是赋予其生命的关键。
You've built a great product, but how you show it through video, design, and storytelling is what brings it to life.
如果你的团队需要处理大型媒体文件、视频、设计素材、分层项目文件,你就会知道跨地域保持文件组织有多痛苦。
If your team works with large media files, videos, design assets, layered project files, you know how painful it can be to stay organized across locations.
文件分散在不同的地方。
Files live in different places.
你总在问:这是最新版本吗?
You're constantly asking, is this the latest version?
创意工作因等待文件传输而变得缓慢。
CreativeWork slows down while people wait for files to transfer.
LucidLink解决了这个问题。
LucidLink fixes this.
它为您的团队提供了一个云端共享空间,操作如同本地驱动器。
It gives your team a shared space in the cloud that works like a local drive.
文件可以从任何地方即时访问。
Files are instantly accessible from anywhere.
无需下载,无需同步,始终保持最新状态。
No downloading, no syncing, and always up to date.
这意味着制作人、编辑、设计师和营销人员可以在原生应用中打开大型文件,直接从云端工作,无论身处何地都能保持同步。
That means producers, editors, designers, and marketers can open massive files in their native apps, work directly from the cloud, and stay aligned wherever they are.
Adobe、Shopify及顶级创意机构的团队都使用LucidLink来保持内容引擎快速流畅地运行。
Teams at Adobe, Shopify, and top creative agencies use Lucid Link to keep their content engine running fast and smooth.
免费试用请访问lucidlink.com/lenny。
Try it for free at lucidlink.com/lenny.
网址是lucidlink.com/lenny。
That's lucidlink.com/lenny.
让我先回顾一下这四个步骤,然后我想知道你是否还有其他遵循这种模式并产生良好效果的案例。
So let me just mirror back these four steps, and then I'm curious if there's another example of something you built that followed this model that had a really good impact.
不过让我先分享一下。
But let me, let me share.
本质上,这是为了帮助你在'愉悦体验'这个大框架下确定哪些值得投入——希望你现在已经相信这值得你花时间,特别是当你试图在一众竞争者中脱颖而出时。
So basically, what this is, is to help you figure out what is worth investing in under this umbrella of delight, which hopefully now you're convinced is worth your time, especially if you're trying to stand out amongst a bunch of competitors.
第一步是识别用户动机。
So step one is identify user motivators.
比如人们的需求是什么,要完成哪些任务——既包括非常具体实际的、功能性的需求(你可以称之为功能性需求),也包括情感需求。
Like what are people, what are the jobs to be done, Both very tang practically, functionally, you call them functional needs, and then also emotional needs.
人们是想要感到快乐、悲伤?
Are people trying to feel happy, sad?
实际上在这个范畴里... 我先稍微岔开一下话题。
What are within that bucket, actually, I'm gonna take a quick tangent.
当你思考情感需求时,它们的分类体系是怎样的?
When you think about emotional needs, what's like the taxonomy of them?
我知道有很多情绪,愤怒、悲伤等等,根据你的经验,在思考'有哪些可能的选择'时,最常见的情感需求是什么?
I know there's a lot of emotions, anger, sat, like, what are the most common emotional needs in your experience to think about when you're like, okay, here's when, here's how to think about what the options might be.
这取决于领域,但对某些产品来说可能是安全感,对另一些则可能是'我想成为更好的自己'这种感觉。
It depends on the area, but for some product, it could be security, for other, it might be like, I wanna feel a better version of myself.
比如当我和Miro的一些领导者交流时,他们可能会把这视为一种情感需求。
Like for example, when I spoke with some leaders from Miro, they might consider this as an emotional need.
比如他们使用产品,当然是为了实现其功能,同时也是为了展示自己是一个更好的协调者、更优秀的领导者,或者只是感觉成为了更好的自己。
Like they are using the product, of course, for the functionality that is allowing them to achieve, but also to showcase that they are better facilitator, or they are a better leader, or just feel a better version of themselves.
这可能是一种潜在的情感动机。
This could be a potential emotional motivator.
因此,它会根据产品或行业的类型而有所不同。
So it can range depending on the type of the product or the industry.
但实际上,情感可以借鉴例如情感轮作为基础来选择,但并非所有情感都适用于所有类型的进步。
But actually emotions could be like, can use, for example, the wheel of emotion as a basis where we can select from it, but not all emotion could apply to all type of progress.
必须具体明确。
It has to be specific.
酷。
Cool.
这是个关于安全感需求的绝佳例子。
That's a really good example of feeling security.
感觉这是越来越多人想要的东西。
It feels like that's something that more and more people want.
所有这些AI伴侣,它们将会涉及各种情感需求。
All these AI companions, like, they're gonna have all kinds of emotional needs.
因此要识别用户动机,包括功能性和情感性的。
So identify user motivators, functional and emotional.
将这些动机转化为令人愉悦的产品机会。
Turn those motivators into delightful product opportunities.
找出你在哪些方面可以实现这种愉悦感。
Figure out where you have opportunities to achieve that sort of delight.
识别潜在解决方案,比如实际构思解决方案,然后通过你书中的这份清单来验证这些想法。
Identify potential solutions, like actually ideate on solutions, and then validate the ideas through this checklist, which you have in your book.
有什么你想分享的检查项吗?就像这里有一份你需要考虑的清单?
Are there a few you want to share there, just like here's checklist of stuff you want to think through?
是的,我们在‘愉悦清单’中讨论过包容性作为一个非常重要的方面。
Yeah, so we spoke about inclusion as a really important one in the Delight checklist.
另一个领域可能是熟悉度,因为我们当然热爱创新,但也要确保不会让人感到太意外。
Another area could be familiarity as well, because of course we love innovation, but we wanna make sure that we are not surprising too much.
我是说,我们以为自己喜欢惊喜,但实际上并不想被过度惊吓。
I mean, we think that we love surprise, but we don't wanna be very much surprised.
我这里有个可能有趣的故事要分享,正是这件事促成了‘每周发现’的成功。
And I have a maybe interesting story to share here, which is something that actually created the success of Discover Weekly.
我不确定你是否知道这个,但我还是想分享一下。
So I'm not sure if you know about that, but I'm gonna go ahead and share it.
好的,说来听听。
Yeah, let's do it.
我经常使用'每周发现'功能。
I use Discover Weekly all the time.
当'每周发现'最初被构思时
So when Discover Weekly was first thought of or like
顺便说一下,这是Spotify的功能。
And this is Spotify, by the way.
是的。
Yes.
'每周发现'的创作理念是它应该成为完全的探索体验,意味着对用户来说完全是全新的内容。
So Discover Weekly, how it was created was the fact that it was supposed to be a complete discovery, meaning that it was supposed to be complete new for the users.
这就是它背后的理念。
So that's the idea behind it.
用户不应该在其中找到或听到之前听过或喜欢的曲目。
It was like, the user is not supposed to to find or listen tracks that has been listened to or liked before.
功能上线后,我们很快就在数据指标上看到了巨大的成功。
So it was shipped, and when it was shipped, like, of course, we started to see big success in the metrics.
但你猜怎么着?
But you know what?
两周后,工程师们发现这个功能存在一个漏洞。
Two weeks later, people, like the engineers, realized that there's been a bug in the feature.
实际上,这个漏洞是算法有时会混入一些用户已经喜欢的歌曲。
Actually, the bug was that sometimes the algorithm was injecting some of the Like It song.
所以这个播放列表对用户来说并非完全新鲜。
So the playlist was not completely new to the users.
可以说它保留了一些熟悉的元素。
It had some familiar feature, I would say.
当然,工程师们修复了这个漏洞。
So of course, the engineers fixed the bug.
你猜后来发生了什么?
And you know what happened?
指标下降了。
Metrics tags.
所有指标
All the metrics.
没错
Exactly.
所有指标,该功能的所有成功指标都在下降。
Like all the metrics, all the success metrics of the feature was going down.
于是他们很快意识到,用户真正喜欢的并不是发现维基完全新颖这一点,而是应用中随机注入的这种熟悉感反而让它变得更出色、更受用户青睐。
So they quickly realized that actually what users really liked in the Discover Wiki was not the fact that it was completely new, but this familiarity that has been injected randomly in the app just made it even more better and even more appreciated by the users.
所以他们修复了这个漏洞。
So they fixed the bug.
现在你们正在使用的发现维基其实是个'有漏洞的版本',可以这么说。
And now, the Discover Wiki that you're enjoying is a buggy version, if we can say.
所以这就是为什么我把'熟悉度'列为需要检查的要素——我们不想给用户推送完全陌生、可能造成冲击的新功能。
So, I mean, that's why I added familiarity as an element that needs to be checked, because we don't want to just inject complete new surprising feature to the user that might be shocking.
这真是个精彩的故事。
That's an amazing story.
那是你们团队负责的项目吗?
That was your team that worked on that?
是的,我和他们合作非常紧密,因为我负责转码部分,我们需要为他们转码这些音轨。
Yeah, I've been very close working with them because I've on been the transcoding part and we had to transcode these tracks for them.
这太有趣了。
That's so funny.
我们因为没犯这些意外错误,还错过了多少其他产品呢?
How many other products are we missing out on by not making these mistakes by accident?
这说得太有道理了。
That makes so much sense.
就像人们总想要一点那种'哦,对,我喜欢这首歌'的感觉。
Just like people want a little bit of like, oh, yeah, love that song.
哦,我们开始吧。
Oh, let's go.
然后才是'好的,这里有些新东西'。
And then okay, there's something new.
这太有趣了。
That is so funny.
好的。
Okay.
所以这四个步骤是这样的。
So so these are the four steps.
再强调一下,你在这里试图做的——我回到什么能让事物变得令人愉悦——就是消除摩擦,让预期中困难的事情变得非常简单,比如取消优步行程并获得退款;预见需求,我认为你举的在Revolut应用中的eSIM例子就是这种情况。
And again, what you're trying to do here, I'll just go back to what makes something delightful is you remove friction, make something that you expect to be hard, really easy, like canceling an Uber ride and getting a refund on Uber ride, anticipating needs, which I think was the eSIM example you gave in in the Revolut app.
顺便说一句,据我所知,Revolut的使用体验非常令人愉悦。
And Revolut, by the way, very delightful experience from what I hear.
我人在美国,自己从未使用过。
I've never used it myself, being in The US.
然后就是超越预期,给予用户——没错。
And then exceeding expectations, giving someone and and then yeah.
但给予他们从未期待的东西,哇。
But giving them something you never expected and, wow.
那个超出预期的具体例子是什么来着?为了让概念更清晰。
What what was the example there again, just to make that really concrete of anticipating of exceeding expectations?
关于超出预期,我们之前讨论过购物返现功能这个例子。
So for exceeding expectation, we spoke about, for example, the shopping, it's called like cashback feature.
哦对,优惠码那个。
Oh yeah, the coupon code.
有很多这类功能,是的。
Plenty of them, yeah.
是的,这太棒了。
Yeah, that's amazing.
这是微软的功能还是你丈夫安装的插件?
Is that something Microsoft does or that's like an extension that your husband installed?
不,这完全是产品自带的功能。
No, it's completely a part of the product.
什么?
What?
还有自动填充功能,就像你的自动填充甚至不需要,我是说,就像密码一样自动填充,我知道Chrome正在开发这个功能。
And even auto fill, like it's You auto don't even, mean, same like a password And auto I know Chrome is working on it.
所以如果你是Chrome用户,这个功能很快就会推出。
So it's coming if you're a Chrome user.
哇。
Wow.
真是件奇怪的事。
What a weird thing.
虽然很喜欢,但发生这种情况还挺有趣的。
Like, love it, but it's funny that that happens.
这些可怜的商家要损失所有这些收入了。
Like all these poor businesses are gonna lose out on all this revenue.
不过我们没必要深入讨论这个。
Anyway, we wouldn't have to get into that.
好的。
Okay.
有没有一个例子,比如你按照这个模式做过的更广泛的、真正成功且有影响力的项目?
Is there an example, like a broader example of something you worked on following this model that was really successful, really impactful?
我在谷歌工作时,特别是负责Google Meet项目时,我告诉她,我一直担任用户体验优化的产品经理。
When I worked at Google, particularly for Google Meet, I told her like, I've been the PM for delight.
所以我们当时有个使命,就是必须真正取悦我们的用户。
So we had that mission that we really needed to delight our users.
正是通过这个经历,我才真正认识到这是一门学问。
And that's how I actually learned that it's actually a discipline.
这不是个时髦词汇。
It's not the buzzword.
而是我们确实可以落实的东西。
It's something that we can really put in place.
我有两个案例可以和你分享。
So I do have two examples I can share with you.
一个是关于Google Meet的,另一个是关于Google Chrome的。
One is from Google Meet and one from Google Chrome.
你想听哪一个?
Which one do you want to listen to?
我们选Chrome吧,既然已经聊过Meet了,但我两个都想听。
Let's go with Chrome since we've chat about Meet, but I want hear them both.
就从Chrome开始吧。
Let's start with Chrome.
我超爱Chrome。
I love Chrome.
我们先从Chrome说起。
Let's start with Chrome.
我在负责Chrome项目时,需要处理最具挑战性的问题。
So when I worked for Chrome, I had to work on the most challenging issue.
你觉得是什么?
What do you think is?
Chrome最具挑战性的问题。
Most challenging issue of Chrome.
内存管理?
Memory management?
不是。
No.
还有更糟的。
There is even worse.
没关系。
It's Okay.
标签页管理。
Tab management.
人们
People
好的。
Okay.
不。
No.
这是最难的一个。
It's the it is the hardest one.
因为实际上,当我从事标签管理时,我意识到人们使用标签的方式完全不同。
Because actually, when I worked at tab management, I realized that people are working with tabs for complete different way.
就像人们把标签页开着当作提醒或待办事项,或者干脆就忘记了它们
It's like people are leaving tabs open as reminders or as to do, or just people Very they forget about
有罪 是的。
guilty Yes.
的
Of
而我不得不负责iOS部分,也就是移动端。
And I had to work on the iOS part, like the mobile part.
相信我,如果你看看数据,会发现很多人打开了大量标签。
And believe me, if you look at data, you see so many people having so many tabs open.
我是说,这个数字简直
I mean, the numbers is just
我看到的永远都是99+。
99 plus is all I ever see.
是啊,因为我们不显示三位数
Yeah, because we do not put three digit
总之。
anyway.
对,对,聪明。
Yeah, yeah, smart.
实际数字可能真的很高。
The real number could be really high.
哦,天哪。
Oh, man.
所以,我们必须解决这个问题。
And so, we had to address this problem.
我是说,从功能角度来看,这是个问题。
I mean, from a functional perspective, this a problem.
我是说,从内存、性能、空间的角度来看。
I mean, from a memory, from a performance, from a space.
我们不想让用户在不知不觉中打开500个标签页,甚至都没意识到自己开了500个标签页。
I mean, we don't want users to have like 500 open tabs without even realising, by the way, that they have 500 open tabs.
所以我们不得不解决这个问题。
So we had to work on that.
我们是怎么做的呢?
And how did we do that?
我们的做法是采访了大量用户,试图了解他们如何浏览打开的标签页,以及如何查找和打开标签页。
The way we did that is actually we interviewed a lot of users, trying to ask them, hey, what if you navigate through your open tabs and let me know how you can find and open tabs.
对我来说这是一个非常重要的阶段,因为通过它你才能意识到用户与他们的标签页之间存在某种关系。
That was for me a very important phase because that's how you realize that there is a relationship between people and their tabs.
我说'关系'是因为对某些人来说,他们的标签页真的非常重要。
And I really say relationship because for some people, their tabs are really, really important things.
我是说,对他们而言,浏览器绝不可能擅自关闭他们的标签页。
I mean, for them, there's absolutely no choice for Chrome to close tabs on their behalf.
这确实是一件非常重要的事情。
It's a really important thing.
所以我们首先必须理解这种关系。
So we had to understand that relationship first.
然后我们请一些人演示他们如何在众多标签页中找到特定标签。
And then we asked some people to navigate us through how they can find a specific tab in their tab grades.
很多人感到有些沮丧,或觉得有点困难,有些人甚至觉得需要为此道歉——当然不是为标签内容道歉,而是会说'抱歉,我平时不会开这么多标签页'之类的话。
And a lot of people got a bit frustrated, or they found that a bit hard, or some of them had They found that there is a need to apologize, not for the content, of course, of the tab they had, but said something like, Hey, I'm sorry, I usually don't have that many tabs open.
这不是重点。
That's not the point.
重点在于观察你是否会因此体验感到沮丧。
The point is to see if you get frustrated from the experience itself or not.
这个阶段本身——不仅要理解功能层面,还要理解情感层面,包括沮丧感,有时甚至是羞耻感——对于构建符合这些价值观和情感驱动的功能至关重要。
So that phase by itself, trying to understand not only the functional part, but also that emotional part, the frustration part, the ashamed part sometimes, was really key in order to build a feature that can align with these values and these motivators or these emotional parts.
所以我们最终开发的功能就是现在iOS上存在的'非活跃标签页'功能。
So what we built actually was a feature that exists today on iOS, which is called inactive tabs.
非活动标签页是一项功能,系统会自动将超过21天未被触碰或打开的标签页放入名为'非活动标签页'的文件夹中。
So inactive tabs is that ability where you can Actually, this happened automatically where all tabs longer than twenty one day that was not touched actually, or opened for more than twenty one day are placed in this folder called inactive tabs.
这样做的结果是你会获得更清爽的标签页网格界面,用户对标签页数量产生的压力感也会降低。
So the result is that you're getting like a cleaner tab grid, and people are feeling less stressed about the amount of tabs they have.
同时他们仍保持着对Chrome的信任,因为他们知道我们并没有关闭他们的标签页。
But also, they keep that trust of Chrome because they know that we did not close their tabs.
他们的标签页实际上都保存在那个非活动标签组里。
Their tabs are actually there in that inactive tab group.
这就是我们构建的功能之一。
So that was one of the features we built.
它本应只具备功能性。
It was supposed to be functional only.
我的意思是,我们原本可能只需压缩缩略图或采用性能优化方案,但这同时也是一个'深度愉悦'的范例——你在满足功能需求的同时,也兼顾了情感维度的设计。
I mean, we could just maybe compress the thumbnail or just do a performance way, but also that's an example of deep delight, where at the same time you're solving for a functional need and at the same time, including the emotional dimension into it.
这个例子真是太棒了。
That's a super cool example.
这其实是我转用Arc浏览器的原因。
That's actually the reason I switched I started using Arc.
不知道你有没有用过Arc,它是基于Chromium开发的。
I don't know if you've used Arc before, which is built on Chromium.
它是由一家叫The Browser Company的初创公司开发的。
It's its own startup, the browser company.
Josh Miller之前上过这个播客节目。
Josh Miller was on the podcast.
他们确实会在若干小时(比如几天)后自动删除你的标签页。
They delete they actually delete your tabs after some number of hour, like days.
但当你习惯之后,会发现这其实很棒。
And once you get used to that, it's actually great.
我就觉得,好吧。
I'm like, okay.
请自动消失吧。
Please go away.
如果你愿意的话,可以保存它们。
And then you can save them if you want.
你可以固定它们。
You can pin them.
我已经很久没用Chrome了,只记得标签页会失效,当你返回时它们需要重新加载。
I haven't used Chrome in probably long enough where I remember just the tabs deactivate, like they just have to reload when you go back to their old.
很酷的是现在它们会移到不同的文件夹里,这样就不会碍事,还能整理整个界面。
It's cool that now they move to a different folder to kind of get them out of the way and clean up your whole thing.
非常酷。
Very cool.
好的。
Okay.
Google Meet有什么故事?
What's the Google Meet story?
我告诉过你,我加入Google Meet时大约是新冠疫情袭击欧洲前一个月,那可能是加入Google Meet最糟糕的时期,因为使用量直线飙升。
So I told you when I joined Google Meet, it was maybe one month before COVID hit Europe, like the worst period you can join Google Meet because I mean, the usage just gets skyrocketed.
我们突然都从在会议室和诊所开会变成了100%远程办公。
Like we all found ourselves moving from having meetings in rooms and clinics to 100% remote.
所以最初的几个月,大约三到四个月,我必须理解这种新行为的影响或情感冲击。
So the very first couple of months, and it was about three to four months, I had to understand the impact or the emotional impact of this new behavior.
人们待在家里,会议一个接一个。
The fact that people are staying home and having these back to back.
这种新体验的情感影响是什么?
What's the emotional impact of this new experience?
当然,我们所做的就是采访很多人。
And of course, what we did was to interview a lot of people.
在用户研究员的帮助下,我们收集了大量信息。
And with the help of user researcher, we collected a lot of information.
当我们试图整合这些信息时,实际上发现了三种主要模式。
And when we tried to synthesize these informations, we actually realized that there are three main patterns.
比如人们会说,'我感觉很无聊'。
Like people are saying, I'm feeling bored.
人们说互动很少。
People are saying there is a low interaction.
0
And there was even a new term that was born during COVID time, which is called the Zoom fatigue.
0
You probably heard about that.
0
It's funny that it was Zoom fatigue and not Google Meet fatigue.
0
I was really happy it was called
0
Zoom fatigue.
0
I was scared point.
0
It's always better to put it on the competitor when it's negative.
总之。
Anyway.
苦乐参半,苦乐参半。
Bittersweet, bittersweet.
所以我们必须工作,我是说,在这种情况下,如果你能看到,我们并没有真正识别出激励因素。
So we had to work, I mean, in that case, if you can see, we did not really identify motivators.
我们确实识别出了消极因素。
We did identify demotivators.
因为有时甚至更容易。
Because sometimes it's even easier.
实际上,有时比起告诉你什么让我快乐,告诉我什么让我沮丧或压力更大。
Actually, sometimes it's easier to let you know what frustrates me or stress me than tell you what makes me happy.
所以如果识别情感激励因素很复杂,你可以尝试识别那些情感消极因素。
So if identifying emotional motivators turns out to be complicated, so you can try to identify those emotional demotivators.
在这种情况下,我们必须针对这三个消极因素开展工作,并提出有助于利用或至少以某种方式减少这些消极因素的解决方案。
And in that case, we had to work on these three demotivators and come up with solutions that could help leverage that, or at least reduce in one way or another.
当我们研究Zoom疲劳时,实际上我们发现——顺便说一句,这得益于斯坦福大学发表的一项研究——Zoom疲劳的原因之一就是能看到自己的画面。
So when we worked on Zoom fatigue, we actually realized, and we get help from a study that was published from Stanford, by the way, that one of the causes for the Zoom fatigue was the fact of seeing your self view.
问题不在于看到别人。
It's not about seeing others.
关键在于你能看到自己。
It's the fact that you see yourself.
为什么呢?
Why?
想象一下你走在街上,有人举着镜子跟在你旁边。
I mean, just imagine yourself walking on the street and someone is holding a mirror next to you.
即使你刻意回避,大脑还是会不断检查自己的形象。
I mean, even if you avoid, your brain will try always to check how you look.
所以这个自拍视图功能本身就是个重大隐患。
So the fact that there was self view was a big risk.
它甚至被列为导致Zoom疲劳的最主要风险因素之一。
And it was even listed as among the most significant risk of zone fatigue or causes of zone fatigue.
因此我们致力于最小化自我视图。
So we worked on minimizing self view.
操作非常简单,你可以最小化自我视图,这意味着你仍然可以广播或分享你的视频,但不必看到自己。
It's as simple as you can minimize your self view, meaning that you can still broadcast or share your video, but you don't have to see yourself.
这是我们实施的一个例子。
That's one example that we worked on.
第二个问题涉及低互动性和无聊感,我们尝试理解如何能带来更多乐趣,同时让人们感到被倾听、被关注并保持活跃。
The second one, which was related to low interaction and boredom, we tried to understand how can we bring in a little bit more of joy, but at the same time, allow people to feel heard and seen and active.
这就是我们实际引入表情反应功能的原因,比如挥手或点赞。
And that's how we actually brought reaction, emoji reaction, that waving hand or thumb up.
因为有时取消静音说'我同意'或打断发言者说'我不同意'会显得很冒犯。
Because sometimes it feels invasive to unmute yourself and say, I agree, or cut the speaker for saying, Yes, I don't agree.
这些表情图标能帮助你保持活跃状态,保持连接和存在感,并在某种程度上提升互动性。
Mean, these images can help you stay alive, stay connected and present, and somehow improve the interactivity part.
这就是我们当时引入的两项功能。
So these are the two features that we introduced back then.
这个例子太棒了。
That is such a cool example.
我现在发现自己一直在用Google Meet而不是Zoom了。
I find myself using Google Meet all the time now instead of Zoom.
Google Meet团队做得太棒了。
So great job, Google Meet team.
我知道Zoom已经等待了很久,但我觉得Google Meet真的实现了逆袭。
I know Zoom was waiting for a long time, and I feel like Google Meet's really turned it around.
干得漂亮。
Good job.
让我再问几个问题来深入探讨这个话题。
Let me ask a couple questions to keep digging into this question.
感觉有些CEO、创始人和领导者都在说:是的,这值得投资。
It feels like some CEOs, founders, leaders are like, yes, this is worth investing in.
我们一定要做这个。
Let's definitely do it.
这里面有很多内容就像是,不,停下。
There's a lot there just like, no, stop.
等等,我们还有其他事情要做。
Wait, this like we got other stuff to do.
对于如何争取SEO或某些领导对这种事情的认可,你有什么最佳建议?
What's your best advice for trying to get buy in from SEO or just some kind of leader that shutting this kind of stuff down?
第一条建议就是尽量不要试图说服对方。
The very first advice is to try not to convince.
我的意思是,如果你试图说服,那基本就输了。
I mean, if you try to convince, it's a lost bottle.
我觉得我们生活在一个有对错之分的世界里。
I feel like we live in a world where there is a true, there is a false.
如果你跑去跟CEO或领导说,我听到Nisreen谈到光线问题,我们绝对应该这么做。
If you come to your CEO and leader say, like, I heard Nisreen talk about the light, we should absolutely do that.
这对组织的工作方式可能看起来像是一种威胁,因为这是新事物。
It might seem like a threat for the organization, the ways of working, because it's something new.
那你听说过感知与视角这个概念吗?
Instead, have you heard about this concept of perception versus perspective?
不,我想我没听过。
No, I don't think so.
感知是我们看待事物的方式。
So perception is our way of seeing things.
这正是我们理解事物的方式。
This is exactly how we understand things.
这就是我们被说服的方式。
This is how we are convinced.
例如,你听了一个关于光的播客,然后你对此形成了自己的看法。
For example, you listen to a podcast talking about the light, then you have your own view about what this is about.
而视角则是另一种看法,是世界的看法,是他人对光的理解。
Perspective though, is the other view, is the world's view, how other perceive the light.
所以很可能像领导者和CEO这些人说'不'的原因在于,他们认为光只是锦上添花的东西。
So it's very likely that others like leaders and CEO, the reason why they're saying no is because their view is that the light is about this nice to have or the cherry on the top.
因此,与其试图说服对方——这也是我为何说不要尝试去说服——不如尝试去理解并站在领导者和CEO的角度,思考他们最看重什么。
So instead of trying to convince, and that's why I said don't even try to convince, is to try to align and put yourself into the leader's and the CEO shoe and try what do they value most.
一旦你理解了这一点,就试着看看如何能让这条线(项目)与之对齐或帮助实现那个目标。
Once you understand that, try to see how can the line align or help achieve that goal.
让我分享一个例子给你。
And let me share an example with you.
因为当我离开谷歌开始指导创始人和首席产品官时,有一位创始人经营着一家帮助音乐家和艺术家寻找策展人的初创公司。
Because when I left Google and I started coaching founders and CPO, I had one founder actually who has been running a startup for helping musicians and artists to find curators.
我的意思是,这就是这家初创公司的核心价值和使命。
I mean, that's the core value and mission of the startup.
当我们开始辅导时,我们实际上是从讨论战略和OKR(目标与关键成果)入手的。
And when we initiated the coaching side, we actually started talking about strategy, OKR.
我的意思是,这正是他心中所想。
I mean, that's exactly what he had in mind.
他希望在制定产品战略和OKR方面获得帮助。
He wanted to get help into creating product strategies and OKRs.
随着我们辅导的深入,我们最终谈到了愉悦感这个话题。
And over time, as we started coaching, we ended up talking about delight.
原因是我当时问了他一个非常简单的问题。
The reason is I actually asked him this very simple question.
我问他,你认为你的用户会为使用你的产品感到自豪吗?
I asked him, do you think your users are proud to use your product?
他们是否足够自豪,会向其他艺术家和音乐家推荐你的产品?
Are they proud enough to tell others, artists and musicians, to use your product?
我觉得这个问题对他来说很难回答。
And I think that was a really hard question for him.
因为经过思考后,他说,不会。
Because after reflection, he said, no.
他们并不感到自豪,因为他们觉得自己很渺小。
They are not proud because they feel like they are little.
我的意思是,他们是在接受我们的帮助,所以无法靠自己获得策展人的青睐。
I mean, they are getting our help, so they are not able to get you curator by themselves.
那么谁会告诉别人他们很渺小,比如艺术家们,他们正在接受我们的帮助。
So who's gonna tell others that they are little, like, artists and they are having help from us.
那就是对话的开始。
That was the beginning of the conversation.
我认为两周后,他不断回来说,嘿,格林,我觉得我们需要把整个战略讨论转向如何让用户为使用我们的产品感到自豪。
And I think after two weeks, he kept coming back saying, Hey, Green, I think we need to shift our entire strategy discussion into how can we make our users proud of using the product.
我们需要想办法把我们的产品变成让用户感到自豪的产品,这样他们就能告诉其他音乐家,他们会进行口碑传播,让我们的产品成功。
We need to find ways to turn our product into, like our users, into proud users, and so they can tell others, tell other musicians they will play the word-of-mouth game, and they will allow our product to succeed.
顺便说一句,我们正是这么做的。
And that's exactly what we did, by the way.
所以一开始,这位创始人完全相反于我们在产品中引入愉悦感的做法。
So in the beginning, this founder was completely opposite to the fact that we introduced delight into the product.
但当他意识到,投资让用户感到自豪对业务增长、口碑传播和成功至关重要时,这便成为了首要战略。
But as soon as he realized that the fact that he invests into allowing their users to feel proud is so important for the growth and the word-of-mouth and the success of the business, that became the number one strategy.
顺便说一句,他们一直在成长。
And by the way, they've been growing.
他们现在已在美国上线。
They are now available in The US.
所以他们的发展非常顺利。
So things are going super well for them.
但只是想说明,你拒绝某件事并不一定意味着它是错误的。
But just to show that the fact that you're saying no does not necessarily mean that it's the wrong thing.
只是还不够契合。
It's just it's not aligned enough.
你需要找到方法让它们与他们重视的事物保持一致。
You need to find a way to align them with what they value.
这个建议太棒了。
That's awesome advice.
这对任何需要争取支持的事情都是好建议——理解他们的目标,将你的提案与他们想达成的目标联系起来。
It's good advice for just any thing you're trying to get buy in from is understand their goals, connect what you're proposing to what they wanna achieve.
甚至就像,根本不要提'愉悦'这个词。
And it's almost like, don't even use the word delight.
就像这样思考:好吧,这就是他们认为我们需要做的。
Just like think about, okay, here's what they believe we need to do.
如何通过消除摩擦、预见需求并超越预期来达成目标?
How might removing friction and anticipating needs and exceeding expectations get us there?
没错。
Yep.
然后稍后再提,这就是所谓的'愉悦感'。
And then later be like, it's delight.
开个玩笑啦。
I'm just kidding.
好的,刚才是个绝佳的例子。
Okay, that was an awesome example.
顺着这个思路,当你有了所有这些想法时——我们之前稍微讨论过——就像你有一堆点子,一堆提升体验、增添愉悦感的方法。
So along those lines, just when you have all these ideas, we talked about this a bit, but just like you have a bunch of ideas, a bunch of ways to do, add delight, make it a better experience.
在众多消除摩擦、预见需求、超越预期的方法中,你对优先级排序有什么建议?
What's your advice for prioritizing amongst all of the ways that you can remove friction, anticipate needs, exceed expectations?
你如何挑选真正值得投入的事情?
How do you pick the things that are actually worth investing in?
我首先要强调的是,我们需要转变那种让我们在愉悦性和功能性之间寻求平衡的思维模式。
The very first thing that I really wanna highlight here is that we need to shift from the mindset that tells us balancing or like, how can I balance between delight and functionality?
因为我们需要从'愉悦性对抗功能性'转向'功能中的愉悦性'。
Because we need to move away from delight versus functionality into delight in functionality.
这就是我最想分享的重要转变,因为我们应该彻底摒弃'该优先考虑愉悦性还是功能性'这种想法。
So that's the biggest move that I really wanna share here because we should really get away from idea that should I prioritize delight or should I prioritize functionality?
记住,深度愉悦这个概念要求在解决问题和创造解决方案时充分考虑情感因素。
And remember, like deep delight is that concept of trying to solve problems and create solutions in a way that emotion is taken into consideration into that.
顺便说一下,我创建了一个叫'五十四十十'的模型。
And by the way, I created this model called fiftyfortyten.
'五十四十十'实际上是一个指导原则,如果你已经完成了愉悦度分级,将你的解决方案或路线图或待办事项分为低愉悦、表面愉悦和深度愉悦三类,这个模型会告诉你50%的功能应该属于低愉悦类别。
And fiftyfortyten is actually a guidance or a recommendation so that if you have done your delight grade and you categorized your solutions or your road map or your backlog into low delight, surface delight, and deep delight, fifty forty ten will tell you that 50% of your features should be for low delight.
没错。
Yes.
50%应该只用于功能性,因为产品必须能正常运作。
50% should be for functionality only because, like, a product has to function.
我并不是说你应该只关注愉悦感。
I'm not saying that you should only work on delight.
40%用于深度愉悦感,实际上功能性已经具备。
40% for deep delight where actually functionality is there.
只是我们以略有不同的方式去构建,让人们感受到被重视,而只有10%用于表面愉悦感。
It's just that we are building it a little bit different so that people will feel valued, and only 10% for surface delight.
你知道吗?你可以在全年中少量引入表面愉悦感,比如说一年两个功能。
I mean, you can bring a little bit of surface delight throughout the year, maybe two features a year.
这样我们就能带来快乐,当然也会塑造我们正在打造的品牌形象和个性。
That we just bring that joy that people will create, of course, the brand and the personality that we are working on.
举个例子,当我在Spotify工作时,我们有时会把所有这些都融合到同一个路线图中。
And when I worked at Spotify, for example, we had some times where we, of course, blended all that into the same roadmap.
比如我们曾有过一段时间专门改进搜索功能,因为可能你不记得了,但曾经有段时间搜索表现并不理想。
Like for example, we had the time where we were working on improving search, because at some time, maybe you don't remember that, but at some point of time, search was not functioning that well.
所以这个功能得到了改进。
So that was improved.
这当然只是功能性的改进。
And that's of course, functionality only.
同时我们还在Spotify上推出了视频播客功能。
And also we work on introducing video podcast on Spotify.
我们还开发了Canvas功能。
And we worked on Canvas.
Canvas就是那些循环播放的小视频片段,当你打开Spotify时看到的那种小短片
So Canvas are these small video looping video, you know, the small clip when you open Spotify and you have like a small clip
我儿子对这个功能上瘾了。
My showing son is addicted to that.
他喜欢播放音乐,然后发现了这个类似Spotify版抖音的功能,可以边听音乐边看这些小视频片段。
He's like, he likes to play music and then he found this thing that is like TikTok for Spotify where he's just listening to the music and these little clips.
我都不知道该怎么形容我的感受。
I'm like, how do I feel?
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。