Life Kit - 7种休息方式(睡眠除外) 封面

7种休息方式(睡眠除外)

7 kinds of rest (other than sleep)

本集简介

在萨undra·达顿-史密斯博士的著作《神圣的休息》中,她阐述了你可能渴望的不同类型的休息。从精神到身体,达顿-史密斯分享了如何识别你需要哪种形式的休憩,以及如何拥抱休息。 在Instagram上关注我们:@nprlifekit 在这里订阅我们的通讯。 有想分享的节目创意或反馈?请发送邮件至 lifekit@npr.org 通过在 plus.npr.org/lifekit 订阅 Life Kit+ 来支持节目并享受无广告收听体验。 了解更多赞助信息选择:podcastchoices.com/adchoices NPR隐私政策

双语字幕

仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。

Speaker 0

你正在收听NPR的Life Kit节目。

You're listening to Life Kit from NPR.

Speaker 0

嗨。

Hey.

Speaker 0

我是玛丽埃尔。

It's Marielle.

Speaker 0

有时候我喜欢静坐不动,闭上眼睛,稍微休息一下。

Sometimes I like to sit still, close my eyes, and just take a little rest.

Speaker 0

我不是说要小睡一会儿。

I don't mean take a nap.

Speaker 0

不过我也确实喜欢小睡。

I mean, I do like to do that too.

Speaker 0

但我在这里追求的不是睡眠,而是一种重启,一个有意识的停顿时刻。

What I'm seeking here though is not sleep, but a reset, a moment of conscious pause.

Speaker 0

如果我不给自己留出这些时刻,我就会碰壁,生活中其他方方面面都会开始受影响。

If I don't allow for these moments, I hit a wall and every other part of my life starts to suffer.

Speaker 0

桑德拉·达顿·史密斯医生记得自己撞上瓶颈的那一刻。

Doctor Sandra Dalton Smith remembers when she hit her wall.

Speaker 0

那时她的孩子们还小。

There's this moment when her kids were young.

Speaker 0

她刚从日托中心接上他们,让他们坐在沙发上看电视。

She just picked them up from day care, set them on the couch to watch TV.

Speaker 0

然后她有了一个顿悟。

And she had this realization.

Speaker 0

她拥有了自己一直梦想的一切。

She had everything she'd been dreaming of.

Speaker 0

一段她努力打拼才建成的生活。

A life that she'd worked hard to build.

Speaker 1

我有一份成功的事业。

I had a successful practice.

Speaker 1

我已经写了好几本书,有了孩子、丈夫和房子,你知道的,所有这些。

I'd already written a couple of books, had children, husband, house, you know, all the things.

Speaker 1

我外在的生活看起来极其成功,但身处其中时,我却一点也感觉不到成功。

My life on the outside looked extraordinarily successful, and it did not feel successful at all to be in the middle of.

Speaker 1

所以那天,我只是躺在地板上,望着门厅里的吊灯,想着:我怎么会走到这一步?

And so that particular day, I just kinda laid on the floor looking up at the chandelier in my foyer thinking, how did I get here?

Speaker 0

桑德拉是一位内科医生。

Sandra is a doctor of internal medicine.

Speaker 0

当这种情况发生时,她把时间分在诊所和医院之间,从不给自己留出恢复的时间。

And when this happened, she was splitting her time between the office and the hospital and never taking time to recover.

Speaker 0

这个躺在地板上的时刻促使她写下了另一本书,名为《神圣的休息》。

This lying on the floor moment led her to write another book called Sacred Rest.

Speaker 0

重拾你的生活,恢复你的精力,重建你的理智。

Recover your life, renew your energy, restore your sanity.

Speaker 0

在这本书中,桑德拉基于数十年的临床经验,总结出我们所有人所需的七种不同类型的休息。

In the book, Sandra outlines seven different types of rest that we all need based on decades of experience seeing patients.

Speaker 1

你知道吗,在临床实践中二十五年了,人们总会来找我说:医生,我哪里不对劲。

You know, twenty five years in clinical practice, people would come in and say, something's wrong with me, doc.

Speaker 1

我会给他们做所有这些检查,但他们身体上没有任何问题。

And I would do all of these tests, and nothing would be wrong with them.

Speaker 1

他们明明很健康,却看起来糟透了,感觉也糟透了。

Mean, they're perfectly healthy, but they looked horrible, and they felt horrible.

Speaker 1

对很多人来说,这是因为其中一种休息不足造成的。

And for a lot of them, it was because of one of these types of rest deficit.

Speaker 0

身体休息、情绪休息、感官休息、创意休息——我们会逐一讲解。

Physical rest, emotional rest, sensory rest, creative rest We'll go through the list.

Speaker 0

但我应该说明,这些休息方式并不都像我之前描述的那样:静止不动、闭上眼睛、隔绝世界。

But I should say, they don't all look like what I described earlier, that moment where you get very still, close your eyes, and block out the world.

Speaker 0

休息也可以是活跃的。

Rest can look active.

Speaker 0

休息也可以是社交的。

It can look social.

Speaker 0

这取决于你在特定时刻真正需要的是什么。

It depends on what you're needing in a given moment.

Speaker 1

我认为,当我思考自己的休息时,我总是在想自己在哪里消耗了能量。

I think when you think about rest for myself, I'm always thinking about where am I spending energy.

Speaker 1

因此,根据你在一天中消耗不同种类能量的情况,你需要实施不同的恢复性方法来弥补。

And so depending on where you're expending, different types of energy throughout the day are gonna impact where you're needing restorative practices to be implemented.

Speaker 0

在这期《生活工具箱》节目中,我与桑德拉讨论了这七种休息类型,它们的表现形式以及如何判断你现在需要哪一种。

On this episode of Life Kit, I talk to Saundra about those seven types of rest, what they look like and how to know which ones you need right now.

Speaker 0

这是一个有用的框架,可以帮助你思考自己的需求。

And this is a helpful framework you can use to think through your needs.

Speaker 0

但和往常一样,如果你有医疗方面的疑虑,请咨询你的医生。

But as always, when you have medical concerns, talk to your doctor.

Speaker 0

你在书中提到了七种不同的休息类型。

You talk about seven different kinds of rest in the book.

Speaker 0

我们来一一了解一下。

Let's go through them.

Speaker 0

第一个,正如你提到的,是身体休息。

The first one, as you mentioned, is physical rest.

Speaker 0

除了躺着,这还包含哪些形式呢?

What does that look like other than just lying down?

Speaker 1

是的。

Yeah.

Speaker 1

身体休息包含两个方面。

So physical rest has two components.

Speaker 1

一个是被动休息,包括睡觉和小憩。

You have the passive, which does include things like sleeping and napping.

Speaker 1

而身体休息还包括那些能促进血液循环、淋巴引流、增强柔韧性,以及改善肌肉和身体感受的活动。

And then physical rest also includes those things that actually help improve your circulation, your lymphatic drainage, your flexibility, the way your muscles and your your body feels.

Speaker 1

比如散步、按摩,或者使用泡沫轴。

So it includes things like going for a leisure walk or getting a massage or, like, using a foam roller.

Speaker 1

还包括你的身体工效学,比如你如何使用工作台、桌子、椅子以及电脑显示器的高度。

It also include things like your body ergonomics, how you function with your workstation and your desk and your chair and the height of your computer monitors.

Speaker 1

因此,它涵盖了所有可能对身体感受产生负面影响的因素,以及哪些恢复性实践和活动能帮助身体自我修复,恢复更强状态并感到更有活力。

And so it takes into account all the things that can have a negative impact on how your physical body feels and what are some of the restorative practices and activities that help your body to restore itself and to get to a stronger position and feel more energized.

Speaker 0

好的。

Alright.

Speaker 0

第一点要点。

Takeaway one.

Speaker 0

身体休息可以是被动的。

Physical rest can be passive.

Speaker 0

比如睡觉、躺在沙发上,也可以是主动的。

Sleeping, lying down on the couch, or it can be active.

Speaker 0

你可以去散步、做按摩、拉伸、练瑜伽,保持身体灵活和活动。

You could go for a walk, get a massage, stretch, do yoga, keep your body flexible and in motion.

Speaker 0

身体休息不足的一些表现。

Some signs that you have a physical rest deficit.

Speaker 0

你感到疲惫,但却睡不着。

You feel tired, but you can't fall asleep.

Speaker 0

你总是生病。

You're getting sick all the time.

Speaker 0

你的肌肉总是酸痛或疼痛。

Your muscles are always sore or painful.

Speaker 0

你依赖咖啡因和糖分来保持精力,或者依赖酒精和药物来帮助入睡。

You're relying on substances like caffeine and sugar to keep you going or like alcohol and pills to help you get to sleep.

Speaker 0

接下来你要谈的是心理休息和情绪休息。

The next ones you talk about are mental rest and emotional rest.

Speaker 0

我想知道这两者有什么不同?

I wonder how are those two things different?

Speaker 1

是的。

Yeah.

Speaker 1

我把心理休息和情绪休息区分开来,因为心理休息主要关注思维过程、决策、记忆功能以及回忆和专注的能力。

I do I separate mental and emotional rest, because mental rest, we focus primarily on mental processes, decision making, memory function, the ability to have recall, to concentrate.

Speaker 1

因此,心理休息不足的人就是那种晚上躺下后无法让大脑停止运转的人。

And so someone with a mental rest deficit is this person who lays down at night and can't turn their brain off.

Speaker 1

比如说,他们虽然非常疲惫,但躺到床上后却反复思考当天发生的所有事情。

Let's say they're super tired, but they lay down in the bed and they're ruminating over all of the things that happen in the day.

Speaker 1

或者是一个人发现自己很容易健忘,或者无法集中注意力完成工作。

Or it's a person who finds that they are very forgetful or can't seem to focus their attention to get a job done.

Speaker 1

这就是精神层面的休息,涉及大脑的决策和专注功能。

And so that's the mental part of it, the decision, focus aspect of the brain.

Speaker 1

情感休息的部分则关乎你如何处理自己的情绪。

The emotional rest part of it is looking at how you process your emotions.

Speaker 1

我发现很多人在这方面的困扰特别大,因为许多人的工作、职业和生活方式都要求他们承担大量的情感劳动,以维持高水平的客户服务或表现,而在这种状态下,你无法真实地表达自己的情绪。

And it tends to be one that I find that a lot of people struggle greatly with because many of us have jobs and careers and lifestyles where we carry a large amount of professional emotional labor in the process of staying at a high level of customer service or performance where you don't have the ability to authentically express your emotions in that moment.

Speaker 1

这可能导致情感休息的缺失。

That can lead to an emotional rest deficit.

Speaker 0

当你意识到自己需要情感休息时,有哪些方法可以实现呢?

What are some ways to get emotional rest when you realize you need it?

Speaker 0

所以

So

Speaker 1

三种主要方式是与他人表达你的情绪。

the three main ways are either expressing your emotions with someone else.

Speaker 1

因此,这个人可以是值得信赖的朋友、咨询师或治疗师。

And so that could be anyone from a trusted friend to a counselor to a therapist.

Speaker 1

这里的诀窍是确保你没有像我们很多人那样做,即进行创伤倾泻,而不是获得情感休息。

The the trick there is to make sure that you're not doing what a lot of us do, which is trauma dumping rather than emotional rest.

Speaker 1

当有人说他们在进行情感休息时,他们实际上往往并没有处理和表达自己的情绪,而是只讲述了事件本身,而没有谈及情绪。

Often when someone says they're doing emotional rest, what they're doing is they're actually rather than processing their emotions and being able to express them, they're actually expressing the event without talking about their emotions.

Speaker 1

他们可能会详细描述当时发生的事情,但却从未触及这件事让他们有何感受。

So they may tell all the details of what happened in the situation, but actually never get to what that situation made them feel.

Speaker 1

因为这正是情感休息的核心所在。

Because that's really what emotional rest is about.

Speaker 1

这是一种坦诚与脆弱的层次,你可以分享的不仅是发生了什么,还有这件事如何影响了你的情绪、让你个人有何感受,以及它对你内心造成的冲击。

It's that level of of transparency and vulnerability where you can share not just what happened, but how it impacted your emotions, how it made you personally feel and the impact it had on your heart.

Speaker 1

因此,能够与一个让你感到安全、有信任感的人这样做,是一种方式。

And so being able to do that with someone that you where you feel safe and there's a level of trust, that's one way.

Speaker 1

情感休息也可以通过写日记来实现。

Emotional rest can also be done through journaling.

Speaker 1

有些人通过某种形式的创造性表达来实现情绪休息。

And some people process their emotional rest through actually some type of creative expression.

Speaker 1

比如,我儿子不太喜欢谈论自己的感受,但他喜欢弹吉他。

So for example, my son, he doesn't particularly like to talk about his feelings, but he plays guitar.

Speaker 1

所以我有时会听到他在房间里弹奏。

And so I'll hear him up in his room sometimes strumming.

Speaker 1

根据他弹奏的内容,我几乎能判断出他正在处理哪种情绪。

And depending on what he's playing, I can pretty much let you know what type of emotion he's processing through.

Speaker 1

因此,表达情绪的方式多种多样,关键在于找到最能让你真实表达情绪对你影响的方式。

And so there's various ways of emoting, and it's a matter of determining what allows you to be able to be your most authentic in expressing how your emotions are impacting you.

Speaker 0

第二个要点是,我们所有人都有时需要精神上的休息。

Takeaway two, we all need mental rest sometimes.

Speaker 0

一种摆脱令人疲惫和耗竭的内心杂念的机会。

A chance to tune out the mental chatter that exhausts and drains us.

Speaker 0

精神休息可以表现为冥想,或者只是放下设备,让大脑安静几分钟。

Mental rest can look like meditation or simply putting down your devices and quieting your mind for a few minutes.

Speaker 0

它也可以表现为时间块管理,在日历上安排特定时间段来完成特定类型的任务。

It can also look like time blocking, scheduling blocks of time on your calendar to do particular kinds of tasks.

Speaker 0

比如在这一个小时里,我要给所有医生办公室打电话并预约。

Like in this hour, I'm gonna make all those phone calls to my doctor's offices and set up appointments.

Speaker 0

而在这一小时里,我终于要处理那些退货事宜。

And in this hour, I'm finally gonna make those returns.

Speaker 0

当你感到思绪混乱时,这会有帮助。

This can help when you're feeling scattered.

Speaker 0

你需要心理休息的一些迹象。

Some signs you might need mental rest.

Speaker 0

当你想到待办事项清单上的一切时,你会感到烦躁。

You're getting irritated when you think about everything on your to do list.

Speaker 0

你感觉自己处于精神迷雾中。

You feel like you're in a mental fog.

Speaker 0

你会因为一些小麻烦而对别人发脾气。

You're snapping at people over small inconveniences.

Speaker 0

或者你总是感到不知所措。

Or you feel overwhelmed all the time.

Speaker 0

接下来是情感上的休息。

Then there's emotional rest.

Speaker 0

这可能包括与你信任的人谈论你的感受、写日记、通过其他创意形式梳理情绪,甚至通过身体活动来释放。

That might look like talking to someone you trust about your feelings, journaling, or processing your emotions through another form of creativity, or even body movement.

Speaker 0

你需要情感休息的迹象包括:总是关注自己的失败和缺点,不断道歉,或者在思考生活时感到沮丧、愤怒或焦虑。

Signs that you might need emotional rest, you tend to focus on your failures and flaws, you're always apologizing, or you feel depressed, angry, or anxious when you're thinking about your life.

Speaker 0

广告结束后,我们会介绍更多类型的神圣休息。

We'll have more types of sacred rest after the break.

Speaker 0

好的。

Okay.

Speaker 0

什么是精神上的休息?

What is spiritual rest?

Speaker 1

从本质上讲,精神上的休息是我们每个人都需要的一种归属感,即意识到自己的生命有意义、有目的。

Spiritual rest, at the very core of it, is the need that we all have to have a sense of belonging, to know that our life has meaning and has purpose.

Speaker 1

有些人能够通过信仰体系来体验这种感受。

Some people are able to experience that through a faith based type system.

Speaker 1

另一些人可能没有遵循某种信仰体系,但他们也可以通过志愿服务、参与他们感到有联系的特定事业、在那些让他们觉得自己属于更宏大整体并回馈社会的地方获得这种体验。

Others who may be don't have a faith based concept or pattern that they follow can experience that as well through things like volunteerism, any type of specific causes that they feel connected to, places where they feel like they are part of something greater than themselves and that they're giving back to the greater good.

Speaker 1

当我们为他人做事,且不期待任何回报时,就会产生善意的增加和连接感。

It's the increase of just goodwill and feeling of connection that happens when we do something for others with no ability for them to do back to us.

Speaker 0

是的。

Mhmm.

Speaker 0

好的。

Okay.

Speaker 0

跟我讲讲社交休息吧。

Tell me about social rest.

Speaker 0

这指的是远离社交,还是通过社交来休息?

Does this mean taking a break from socializing or resting through socializing?

Speaker 1

两者都包括。

It includes both.

Speaker 1

许多内向者会自然而然地想到独处。

So many introverts will automatically go to the thought process.

Speaker 1

我可以远离人群。

I get to get away from people.

Speaker 1

所以这也是其中一部分。

So that's a part of it.

Speaker 1

但大多数人最需要的那种社交休息,是在与充满正能量的人相处时所获得的放松。

But the part of social rest that most people are actually most in need of is the rest that you they experience when they're around life giving people.

Speaker 1

我们生活中大多数人都在消耗我们的社交能量,但这并不意味着他们是消极的人。

Most of the people in our lives are negatively pulling from our social energy, and that doesn't mean they're negative people.

Speaker 1

这可能是你的配偶、孩子、年迈的父母,或者只是你的客户。

It could be your your spouse, your kids, your elderly parents, it just your clients.

Speaker 1

这只意味着他们需要从你这里获得些什么。

It just means they're people who need things from you.

Speaker 1

因此,他们在社交上消耗着你。

So they're socially pulling from you.

Speaker 1

然后你需要审视你关系的另一面,弄清楚谁在生活中真正为我注入能量。

And then you have to take a a look at the other side of your relationships and determine who in my life actually pours back into me.

Speaker 1

因此,你需要有意识地觉察关系中给予与接受的平衡程度。

And so it takes a level of intentionality to be aware of how much giving and receiving is happening in the relationships.

Speaker 1

我认为,生活中也必须有一些人,你只是单纯享受和他们在一起的时光。

And I think it's also important to have people in your life where you you just enjoy being around them.

Speaker 1

彼此之间没有太多期待,唯一的期待就是:我喜欢你的陪伴,也让这些关系在我们的生活中占有一席之地。

There isn't this huge expectation of each other other than the expectation of I enjoy your presence and allowing those relationships to also have some place in our lives.

Speaker 0

第三个要点。

Takeaway three.

Speaker 0

尽管桑德拉是基督徒,但她表示精神上的休息并不一定意味着宗教虔诚。

Though Sandra is Christian, she says spiritual rest doesn't necessarily mean religious devotion.

Speaker 0

它可能包括祈祷,但也包括帮助他人和融入比自我更宏大的事物。

It can include prayer, but also helping others and being part of something bigger than yourself.

Speaker 0

如果你感到麻木、冷漠、绝望、被困住或挫败,你可能就需要精神上的休息。

You may need spiritual rest if you're feeling numb and apathetic, hopeless, trapped, or defeated.

Speaker 0

社交休息是指通过人际交往来放松,优先安排面对面的交流,多倾听他人而非只顾自己说话,与那些和你一样给予你支持的人相处,并共同参与活动。

Social rest is about resting through community, prioritizing face to face time, listening to others instead of just talking, being around people who pour into you as much as you pour into them, and doing things as a collective.

Speaker 0

如果你感到孤独、孤立,与家人朋友脱节,那可能就是社交休息不足的表现。

You may have a social rest deficit if you find yourself feeling alone, isolated, and detached from family and friends.

Speaker 0

好吧,明白了。

Well, okay.

Speaker 0

我们来谈谈感官休息。

Let's talk about sensory rest.

Speaker 0

那么,感官休息是什么意思?为什么我们需要它?

So what does this mean sensory rest and and why do we need it?

Speaker 1

我们的世界感官刺激过度了。

Our world is highly sensory overwhelmed.

Speaker 1

从环境中的各种声音说起。

Everything from just the ambient sounds.

Speaker 1

我的意思是,我们的电子设备都会发出声音。

I mean, our gadgets make sounds.

Speaker 1

你所处的建筑里的灯光也会发出声音。

The lights have sounds depending on the buildings that you're in.

Speaker 1

电梯在不停地响。

Elevators are going off.

Speaker 1

电话一直在响。

Phones are ringing all the time.

Speaker 1

我们的手机通知一直在震动。

Our cell phones are notifications are vibrating.

Speaker 1

因此,这种永不停歇的移动、噪音和活动一直在持续,正在对我们产生影响。

So there's this nonstop movement, noise, action that's always going, and it's having an effect on us.

Speaker 1

我认为,我们很多人都以为自己正在忽略所经历的许多感官输入。

I think a lot of us seem to think that we are tuning out many of the sensory inputs that we're experiencing.

Speaker 1

但如果你仔细想想这个过程,你不可能在不通过大脑过滤的情况下真正忽略某些东西。

But if you really think about that process, you're not able to tune something out without your brain filtering it.

Speaker 1

因此,如果大脑必须不断进行过滤,那么这种工作会让它感到疲惫。

And so if the brain is working to filter it, then by doing that work, it can become exhausted.

Speaker 1

这会导致一定程度的疲劳。

It can have a level of fatigue that results from it.

Speaker 1

我们发现,许多人一整天都会经历感官超载,并产生一种表现为心理爆发的感官超载反应。

And what we find is that many people develop sensory overwhelm throughout their day, and then they have a sensory overwhelm response that presents itself as a psychological outburst.

Speaker 1

而他们并没有意识到,一整天里,他们的大脑一直在过滤我刚刚提到的所有感官输入,其实只要在一天中穿插几次感官休息,比如使用降噪耳机,或者进行短暂的感官休息,就能有所帮助。

And they were not aware that all day their brain's been filtering through sensory inputs from all the things I just mentioned, and that something as simple as taking a couple of sensory rest breaks throughout the day, whether it's noise cancellation earphones or if it's something like having a sensory break.

Speaker 1

如果你一整天都在不断参加Teams会议,那就该留出一些时间,真正地关掉屏幕,闭上眼睛,五到十分钟。

If you're having Teams meetings back and forth all day, have moments where you actually shut the screen, close your eyes, five, ten minutes.

Speaker 1

这就像我们给电脑重启一样,当电脑卡死、不再响应时,我们就需要重启。

It's similar to the reboot we do on our computers when it gets frozen and and won't respond to us anymore.

Speaker 1

我们进行一次硬重置。

We do a hard reset.

Speaker 1

五分钟后,一切就恢复正常了。

Five minutes, everything's back to normal.

Speaker 0

是的。

Yeah.

Speaker 0

这对我来说真的非常重要。

This is really huge for me.

Speaker 0

有时候在曼哈顿我会感到不知所措。

I get overwhelmed being in Manhattan sometimes.

Speaker 0

你总是在应对周围其他人以及他们想做的事情。

And you're always navigating all these other people and what they're trying to do.

Speaker 0

所以这是一种感官超载,因为我感觉自己太过关注别人在做什么,我想是这样。

So that's like one form of sensory overload because I feel like I'm too attentive to what other people are doing, I guess.

Speaker 0

你处于高度警觉状态。

You're on high alert.

Speaker 0

没错。

Exactly.

Speaker 0

然后我就开始感到极度疲惫。

And then I start to feel really overwhelmed.

Speaker 0

一旦我回到办公室,就会走进一个安静的房间,关灯独自坐上五到十分钟。

And once I get into our office, I'll go into a quiet room and sit alone with the lights off for, like, five minutes or ten minutes.

Speaker 0

这真的对我很有帮助。

Then that really helps me.

Speaker 1

这就是关键。

And that's the thing.

Speaker 1

听起来很简单,我认为这正是它的美妙之处。

It sounds so simple, and I think that's the beauty of it.

Speaker 1

并不需要什么价值百万美元的感官剥夺舱,对吧?

It doesn't require, like, some major million dollar sensory deprivation tank, right

Speaker 0

是的。

Yeah.

Speaker 1

就能实现这一点。

To be able to accomplish that.

Speaker 1

实际上非常简单。

It is actually very simple.

Speaker 1

我认为大多数人难以做到的是这种有意识的投入。

It's the level of intentionality I find that most people struggle with.

Speaker 1

这并不是很难,但你首先需要有一定的自我觉察。

It's not that it's hard, but you have to have a level of self awareness first.

Speaker 1

你必须意识到有些地方不对劲。

You have to recognize something's not right.

Speaker 1

我感觉状态不太好。

I don't feel my best.

Speaker 1

我怎么了?

What's wrong with me?

Speaker 0

第四点:感官休息。

Takeaway four, sensory rest.

Speaker 0

我发现我经常需要这一项。

I find myself needing this one a lot.

Speaker 0

这看起来可能和心理休息类似。

This might look similar to mental rest.

Speaker 0

对我来说,就是安静地坐在房间里几分钟,有时在黑暗中。

For me it's about sitting in a quiet room for a few minutes, sometimes in the dark.

Speaker 0

你也可以尝试每天留出二十分钟,把所有电子设备都放一边。

You could also try setting aside all your devices for twenty minutes a day.

Speaker 0

另一种方法是,想想你每天都会遇到的感官压力源。

Another way to do this is think about a sensory stressor you experience every day.

Speaker 0

比如火车在轨道上刺耳的轰鸣,或者办公室洗手间里自动喷洒的空气清新剂的气味。

The screeching of the train on the tracks, the smell of the automated air freshener in the office bathroom.

Speaker 0

你有没有办法减少接触这些刺激,或者缓解它们的影响?

Is there anything you can do to limit your exposure or undo its effects?

Speaker 0

另外,想想哪些声音、气味、味道和触感能让你感到放松和舒适。

Also, think about what sounds, smells, tastes, and textures make you feel relaxed and at ease.

Speaker 0

我喜欢天鹅绒、丝绸和长毛绒的触感,还有我的护发素的香味。

I like the feeling of velvet, silk, and chenille, and the smell of my hair conditioner.

Speaker 0

如果你发现自己对噪音或气味特别敏感,或者相反,对气味、味道麻木,或者总体上被环境中的感官输入压得喘不过气,那你可能就需要感官休息了。

You may need sensory rest if you find yourself highly sensitive to noises or smells, or the opposite, you're desensitized to smells or flavors or you're just generally overwhelmed by the sensory inputs in your environment.

Speaker 0

好的。

Okay.

Speaker 0

那么,我们来谈谈书中最后一种休息方式。

Well, let's talk about the final type of rest in the book.

Speaker 0

这是创意休息,你提到这是在生活里留出空白,为创造力的出现腾出空间。

It's creative rest, and you say that's allowing white space in your life and giving room for creativity to show up.

Speaker 0

在这里,重要的是不要把这变成一种必须创作出完美艺术作品的强迫行为。

It seems important here to not turn this into a compulsion to produce some perfect work of art.

Speaker 1

哦,绝对不是。

Oh, absolutely not.

Speaker 1

这实际上正是你刚才说的。

That's actually just what you said.

Speaker 1

创作一件艺术作品。

Create an work of art.

Speaker 1

那是一种工作。

That's work.

Speaker 1

所以这恰恰与创意休息相反。

So it's actually the opposite of creative rest.

Speaker 1

我确实提到过,你可以通过艺术表达来获得情感上的休息。

I did mention you can have an artistic release for emotional rest.

Speaker 1

有些人确实会用艺术来情感宣泄,但这并不是创意休息。

Some people do use art as a way to emotionally express themselves, but that's not creative rest.

Speaker 1

创意休息是指让你已经创造出来的东西,真正激发你内心的创造力。

Creative rest is when you allow what's already been created to really unlock creativity inside of you.

Speaker 1

比如去博物馆,也许看看你以前从未关注过的艺术类型,让它们唤醒你内心的东西。

It's going to a museum or and maybe looking at a type of art you never looked at before and letting it awaken something inside of you.

Speaker 1

对很多人来说,这可能是听音乐,甚至可能是自然之美,比如去中央公园或去水边。

For a lot of people, it can be listening to music, or it could even be natural beauty, like going to Central Park or maybe going to the water.

Speaker 1

也可能是欣赏美丽的日落,甚至是日出。

It could be looking at a beautiful sunset even or sunrise.

Speaker 0

最后,我们有创意休息。

Lastly, we have creative rest.

Speaker 0

桑德拉在她的书中说,我们应该在日程中留出空间,让创造来打动我们。

Sandra says in her book that we should allow room in our calendars to be wooed by creation.

Speaker 0

允许自己在观察自然世界、人造环境、艺术家或表演者的作品时体验敬畏,看看这会唤起你内心怎样的感受。

Allow yourself to experience awe looking at the natural world, at the built environment, at the work of an artist or performer, and see what that stirs in you.

Speaker 0

有时候,你可能需要创意休息。

Sometimes you may need creative rest.

Speaker 0

你很少觉得自己的工作有价值。

You rarely feel that your work is of value.

Speaker 0

你发现很难享受自然,也不允许自己做任何只属于自己的事情。

You find it difficult to enjoy nature, and you don't allow yourself to do anything that's just for you.

Speaker 0

那么,我们该如何知道自己需要哪种类型的休息呢?

So how can we know what kinds of rest we need?

Speaker 0

我们已经讨论了一些迹象。

We've talked about some of the signs.

Speaker 0

桑德拉还在 restquiz.com 上提供了一个免费的评估工具。

Sandra also created a free assessment tool at restquiz.com.

Speaker 0

她说,你可以从回顾过去24小时开始。

And she says you could start by simply looking at the past twenty four hours.

Speaker 1

你做了什么?

What did you do?

Speaker 1

然后做这个活动需要什么样的能量?

And then what kind of energy was required to do that activity?

Speaker 1

你有没有做些什么来补充你消耗掉的能量?

And did you do something to pour back into the place where you used energy?

Speaker 1

我总是说,从你感觉最匮乏的领域开始,选择一种符合你个性、喜好、背景和居住环境的恢复性活动。

I always say start with the area that you felt the greatest deficit and pick a restorative practice that fits your personality, your likes, your background, where you live, all those kind of things.

Speaker 1

这实际上能让你摆脱那种总在跑轮子上不停奔跑、时刻紧绷、焦虑不安的状态,真正开始享受你所创造的东西。

It actually puts you back into a place where you don't feel like you are constantly on the hamster wheel, constantly kind of revving up, constantly on edge, and you can actually begin to enjoy some of what you're producing.

Speaker 0

所以,如果你不想当轮子上的仓鼠,你更想当什么动物?

So if you don't wanna be a hamster on a hamster wheel, what kind of animal would you rather be?

Speaker 1

这可能会是个奇怪的答案。

This is gonna be a strange answer, probably.

Speaker 1

但我的狗,Rosie,因为每次她从坐着的位置或者她躺着的任何地方起来时,都会做下犬式。

But my dog, Rosie, because I love it every time she gets up from her seated position or wherever she happens to be laying around, She does downward dog.

Speaker 1

她会做反向下犬式。

She does reverse downward dog.

Speaker 1

我就想,你知道吗?

And I'm like, you know what?

Speaker 1

这就是真正的恢复性休息。

That's restorative rest right there.

Speaker 1

完全正确。

Totally.

Speaker 1

每当你活动时,都要确保把身体各部位重新调整到正确位置,然后再开始你的一天。

Whenever you move, you make sure you put everything back into proper alignment, then you set off for your day.

Speaker 0

哦,我喜欢这个说法。

Oh, I love that.

Speaker 0

非常感谢你分享这些。

Thank you so much for this.

Speaker 0

我学到了很多。

I learned a lot.

Speaker 1

哦,非常感谢你邀请我。

Oh, thanks so much for having me.

Speaker 1

这真是一次愉快的经历。

It's been a joy.

Speaker 0

好的。

Okay.

Speaker 0

现在来快速回顾一下。

Time for a quick recap.

Speaker 0

桑德拉指出了我们所有人所需的七种休息方式。

Sandra has identified seven types of rest that we all need.

Speaker 0

身体的、心理的、情感的、精神的、社交的、感官的和创造性的。

Physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, social, sensory, and creative.

Speaker 0

获得每种休息的方式有很多,它们并不都意味着安静地坐在房间里或躺在沙发上。

There are a lot of different ways to get each, and they don't all involve sitting quietly in a room or lying down on your couch.

Speaker 0

有些休息方式看起来会相当活跃。

Some will look quite active.

Speaker 0

你可能会发现这七种休息方式是相互重叠的。

You may notice that the seven types of rest overlap.

Speaker 0

例如,某些属于身体休息的方式,也可能同时带来情感上的休息。

Something that counts as physical rest can also be emotional rest for instance.

Speaker 0

想想你可能需要每种休息的迹象,同时也回顾一下你过去24小时的情况。

Consider the signs that you might need each kind of rest And also think about your last twenty four hours.

Speaker 0

你消耗了哪些类型的精力?

What kind of energy did you expend?

Speaker 0

你有没有以某种方式补充了这些精力?

Did you replenish it in some way?

Speaker 0

如果没有,就给自己相应的休息吧。

If not, give yourself that kind of rest.

Speaker 0

这就是我们的节目。

And that's our show.

Speaker 0

在结束之前,你有意向开始力量训练吗?

Before we go, are you looking to get into strength training?

Speaker 0

我们有一系列特别的简报,帮助你建立自己的锻炼习惯。

We have a special newsletter series to help you start your own routine.

Speaker 0

你可以前往 npr.org/stronger 注册订阅。

You can sign up at npr.org/stronger.

Speaker 0

本集《生活工具箱》由列侬·谢尔伯恩制作。

This episode of Life Kit was produced by Lennon Sherburne.

Speaker 0

我们的视觉编辑是贝克·哈兰,数字编辑是马利卡·加里布。

Our visuals editor is Beck Harlan, and our digital editor is Malika Garib.

Speaker 0

梅根·凯恩是我们的高级主管编辑,贝丝·多诺万是我们的执行制片人。

Megan Kane is our senior supervising editor, and Beth Donovan is our executive producer.

Speaker 0

我们的制作团队还包括安迪·泰格尔、克莱尔·玛丽·施耐德、玛格丽特·索里诺和西尔维·道格拉斯。

Our production team also includes Andy Tegel, Claire Marie Schneider, Margaret Sorino, and Sylvie Douglas.

Speaker 0

工程支持由夸西·李提供。

Engineering support comes from Kwasey Lee.

Speaker 0

事实核查由泰勒·琼斯负责。

Fact checking by Tyler Jones.

Speaker 0

我是玛丽埃尔·塞加达。

I'm Mariel Segada.

Speaker 0

感谢收听。

Thanks for listening.

关于 Bayt 播客

Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。

继续浏览更多播客