本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
大家好。
Hello, everyone.
我是莉亚,带来一个简短的通知。
This is Rhea with a quick note.
这是仅限于《小故事高级版》的剧集预览。
This is a preview of an episode exclusive to Little Stories Premium.
《小故事高级版》为您提供更多您喜爱的故事、无广告的聆听体验,以及独家睡前播客《小故事助眠》的访问权限,其中包含专为睡前播放列表最后一首曲目设计的全新催眠故事。
Little Stories Premium gives you more of the stories you love, an ad free listening experience, and access to Little Stories for Sleep, an exclusive bedtime podcast featuring brand new sleepy stories perfect for that last track on a bedtime playlist.
请访问 littlestoriespremium.com 订阅或购买礼物订阅。
Subscribe or purchase a gift subscription by visiting littlestoriespremium.com.
现在,进入正题。
Now, on to the show.
我是莉亚。
This is Ria.
欢迎来到《给小小人的小故事》。
Welcome to Little Stories for Tiny People.
我太期待我们的故事了,直接进入正题吧:会是谁呢?
I am so excited for our story that I'm just going to get right to who could that be?
我马上回来。
I'll be right back.
这只需要一分钟。
This will just take a minute.
嗨。
Hi.
有什么我可以帮你的吗?
Can I help you?
哦,好吧。
Oh, okay.
你可以把它放在那儿等一下。
You can leave it right wait.
这一定是搞错了。
That must be a mistake.
我确定我没订过这样的东西。
I'm sure I didn't order anything like that.
我真的不能,嗯嗯。
I really can't uh-huh.
嗯嗯。
Uh-huh.
那你能不能直接好吧。
Well, couldn't you just okay.
谢谢。
Thank you.
你也是。
You too.
这还真是头一回。
Well, this is a first.
那是一次送货。
That was a delivery.
而且还不只是普通的送货。
And not just any delivery.
这不是你通常会期待出现在播客工作室的送货,比如新麦克风或一袋装饰用的砾石。
It wasn't a normal delivery you'd expect to show up at a podcast studio, like a new microphone or a bag of decorative gravel.
这是别的东西。
It was something else.
一些我绝对没有订购、并且出于完全合理的原因不希望出现在我工作室里的东西。
Something I definitely did not order and something I do not want in my studio for perfectly understandable reasons.
它是一个巨大的蚂蚁农场。
It's an enormous ant farm.
你现在想象的任何大小的蚂蚁农场,再翻一倍。
Whatever size ant farm you are imagining right now, double it.
再乘以三倍。
Triple it.
这个东西大得离谱,现在就实实在在地放在我狭小的工作室里,逼得我把我的硬金属凳子推到最大限度。
This thing is gigantic, and it is now literally right next to me in my tiny little studio, forcing me to push in my hard metal stool as far as it will go.
我没有地方放这个。
I don't have room for this.
我已经有一堆易碎的盘子、我古董茶杯收藏的残骸、我的镜屋,还有在录故事时必须保持静止的风铃。
I already have my tower of breakable plates, the remains of my antique teacup collection, my hall of mirrors, the wind chimes I have to make sure to keep still when I record my stories.
我根本放不下这么大一个装满蚂蚁的蚁丘,而且我绝对不可能会订这个。
I cannot fit an oversized ant farm teeming with ants, and I would never order this.
我甚至想不出会是谁寄来的,哦,我收到一封新邮件。
I can't even think who would have oh, I have a new email.
是来自工作室蜘蛛的。
It's from the studio spiders.
亲爱的莉亚,请务必不要用指甲刮我们的新蚁丘玻璃。
Dear Rhea, please make sure you do not scratch the glass of our new ant farm with your fingernails.
什么?
What?
我的指甲很正常,根本不可能刮花玻璃。
My fingernails are very normal and could never scratch glass.
其次,你为什么要买这个蚂蚁农场?
And secondly, why did you order this ant farm?
这简直太阴险了。
That is downright sinister.
就这样了。
That's it.
我要卖掉这个蚂蚁农场。
I'm selling this ant farm.
我还要把邮件通知设为静音。
I'm also putting my email notifications on silent.
让我发个简短帖子把这东西处理掉。
Let me just make a quick post to get rid of this thing.
全新,从未使用过的蚂蚁农场。
Brand new, never before used ant farm.
完美的礼物,或是度假屋的绝佳添置。
The perfect gift or a great addition to your vacation home.
好了。
There we go.
好吧,我没法在接下来的三十分钟内把这东西处理掉,所以我想我还是继续讲我的故事吧。
Well, I'm not gonna be able to get rid of it in the next thirty minutes, so I guess I'll just get on with the story.
在一座堆满蚂蚁的巨大蚁丘玻璃前讲述故事,确实有点奇怪。
It is a little strange telling a story while pressed up against the glass of a gigantic ant farm brimming with ants.
但作为讲故事的人,你不得不面对这种状况。
But when you are a storyteller, this is just the kind of thing you have to deal with.
让我们开始这个故事吧。
Let's get to our story.
故事名叫《小刺猬去摘苹果》。
It's called Little Hedgehog Goes Apple Picking.
索菲亚,你来开始吧。
Take it away, Sofia.
记住,没有插图。
Remember, there are no pictures.
你得在脑海里想象出来。
You have to imagine them in your mind.
你可以随心所欲地想象。
You can imagine them however you want.
明白吗?
Okay?
我们开始吧。
Here we go.
那是初秋一个周三的下午一点钟,刺猬先生
It was 01:00 in the afternoon on a Wednesday in early fall when Mr.
从梦中醒来,坐在床上,脸上带着梦幻般的表情,喃喃自语着‘苹果蟋蟀松饼’。
Hedgehog woke up out of a dream, sat up in bed, and murmured apple cricket muffins with a dreamy look on his face.
他眨了眨眼睛,迎着从窗户照进来的阳光,缓缓睁开。
His eyes fluttered open, blinking against the sunshine coming in his window.
当他意识到根本没有苹果蟋蟀松饼时,脸上那梦幻般的表情消失了。
The dreamy look on his face vanished as he realized there were no apple cricket muffins.
那又是另一个梦。
It had been yet another dream.
最近,刺猬先生
Lately, Mr.
满脑子都是苹果蟋蟀松饼,尤其是他奶奶做的那些著名的苹果蟋蟀松饼。
Hedgehog could not get apple cricket muffins out of his mind, specifically his Nana's famous apple cricket muffins.
当他还是只小刺猬时,每次去看望她,她都会专门为他做这些松饼。
When he was a tiny hedgehog, she'd make them just for him every time he visited her.
它们太好吃了。
They were so good.
用的是新鲜苹果,肯定是刚摘的。
Made with fresh apples, they must be freshly picked.
我今天本该睡觉的时候,大白天去摘了这些苹果。
I picked these apples today in broad daylight when I should have been sleeping.
当然,还有新鲜的蟋蟀。
Fresh crickets, of course.
是我亲自抓的。
Caught them myself.
有一只可真难抓。
One gave me quite the runaround.
我跟你说说这事。
I'll tell you that.
还有一系列香料。
And a variety of flavorful spices.
只需要一点点豆蔻,亲爱的。
Just the tiniest pinch of cardamom, my dear.
躺在床上,眯着眼睛应对刺眼的午后阳光,刺猬先生当即下定决心。
Sitting up in bed, blinking against the harsh afternoon light, Mister Hedgehog decided then and there.
他再也不想梦见苹果蟋蟀松饼了。
He was done dreaming about apple cricket muffins.
是时候自己动手烤制了。
It was time to bake them himself.
他拖着脚步走进了他们位于茂密森林地下洞穴中女儿那间狭小的、满是尖刺的卧室。
He shuffled into his tiny prickly daughter's bedroom in the middle of their underground burrow within a great forest teeming with life.
阳光透过小刺猬房间里的小圆窗洒落进来,她和她有史以来最好的朋友BB正睡在洞穴的地板上。
Sunlight poured through the little round window in Little Hedgehog's room, where she and BB, her best friend of all time, were asleep on the burrow floor.
住在小刺猬房间角落树叶围栏里的变色龙小家伙,蹲在一根树枝上,用他那只大眼睛盯着刺猬先生。
Little Guy, the chameleon who lived in a leaf filled enclosure in the corner of Little Hedgehog's room perched on a branch and fixed one big eye on mister Hedgehog.
刺猬先生正要叫醒小刺猬和BB,这时他听见她说:‘我可以拿五个根茎类棒棒糖,’我说三个就够了。
Mister Hedgehog was just about to wake little Hedgehog and BB when he heard, she told me I could have five buckets of root vegetable lollipops, and I said three was fine.
刺猬先生猛地停住,脸上浮现出微笑。
Mister Hedgehog stopped short, a smile crossing his face.
他停顿了一下,然后张开嘴准备说话。
He paused a moment, then opened his mouth to speak.
但接着他又听见:‘三个桶应该足够了。’
But then he heard three buckets should be more than sufficient.
我妈妈说,一次绝对不能吃超过38个果蔬棒棒糖。
My mom says one should never have more than 38 fruit vegetable lollipops in a sitting.
好吧。
Okay.
先生。
Mr.
刺猬先生眨了眨眼。
Hedgehog blinked.
他悄悄靠近,确认小刺猬和BB确实在睡觉。
He crept closer to check that Little Hedgehog and BB were, in fact, asleep.
他俯身靠近小刺猬,鼻子几乎要碰到她的鼻子。
He leaned over Little Hedgehog so that their noses were nearly touching.
突然,她从床上坐了起来。
All of a sudden, she sat up in bed.
真好吃。
Yum.
然后直接撞上了她爸爸。
And smacked right into her dad.
他用爪子按了按疼痛的头部。
He put a paw to his aching head.
哦,对不起,爸爸。
Oh, sorry, dad.
没关系。
It's fine.
爸爸,现在太早了。
Dad, it's so early.
你为什么这么早就醒了?
What are you doing up?
小刺猬问道,眯着眼睛抵挡阳光。
Little Hedgehog asked, blinking against the sunlight.
贝贝接着坐了起来,用爪子遮住眼睛。
Bebe sat up next, shielding her eyes with a paw.
下午好,刺猬先生。
Good afternoon, mister Hedgehog.
我们有什么荣幸能得此厚遇?
To what do we owe the pleasure?
嘿,贝贝。
Hey, Bebe.
我稍后再说这个。
I'll get to that.
但首先,我听到你们俩说梦话了。
But first, I heard you both sleep talking.
小刺猬和贝贝笑了起来。
Little Hedgehog and Bebe giggled.
我们在做梦呢,刺猬先生。
We were dreaming, mister Hedgehog.
就是做梦呢,爸爸。
Just dreaming, dad.
你们俩一起梦到根茎类糖果了?
You were dreaming together about root vegetable lollipops?
根茎类蔬菜糖果,先生。
Root vegetable lollipops, Mr.
刺猬。
Hedgehog.
好吧。
Okay.
看。
Look.
我来这里是因为我们要去摘苹果。
I'm here because we are going apple picking.
我们已经有几周没见到刺猬奶奶了,我想我们可以给她做些苹果蟋蟀松饼,就像她在我还是小刺猬时为我做的那样。
We haven't seen Nana Hedgehog in a few weeks, and I thought we could make some apple cricket muffins for her just like she did for me when I was a young hedgehog.
小刺猬和贝贝的眼睛睁大了。
Little hedgehog's and Beebe's eyes grew wide.
去见伟大的奶奶?
A visit to great Nana?
在我看来,小刺猬的奶奶刺猬在各方面都堪称卓越。
Little Hedgehog's Nana Hedgehog is superlative in every way in my opinion.
那摘苹果呢?
And apple picking?
刺猬先生,我们要去一个苹果园,亲自挑选苹果来制作美味的点心。
Mister Hedgehog, we are going to travel to an apple orchard and select our own apples with which to bake delicious treats.
没错。
That's right.
晚上再去苹果园可没意思。
And it's no fun to go to the apple orchard at night.
我想着,我们早点起床,在太阳还在的时候就到那里。
I figured, we'd get up early and get there while the sun is up.
太好了。
Yay.
太好了。
Yay.
太好了。
Yay.
第三个‘太好了’来自那个小家伙,他从树叶高处俯视着它们,眼睛睁得大大的。
The third yay came from little guy who stared down at them with big eyes from his leafy perch.
哦,小家伙,你醒啦。
Oh, little guy, you're up.
下午好,小家伙。
Good afternoon, little guy.
小家伙只会说‘太好了’,所以他只是微笑着。
Little guy's only word was yay, so he just smiled.
爸爸,我们可以带小家伙一起去吗?
Dad, can we bring little guy, please?
我们可以带他一起去吗?
Can we bring him?
求求你,我们可以
Please, can we
带他去吗?
bring him?
如果他想来,当然可以。
If he wants to come, sure.
为什么不呢?
Why not?
他们三人穿过白天的森林,朝苹果园走去。
The three of them scampered through the daytime forest on their way to the apple orchard.
先生。
Mr.
刺猬先生推着一辆空手推车。
Hedgehog pushed an empty wheelbarrow.
比比用一只爪子拿着一根自制的拐杖,一只小刺猬在她身边奔跑,她的变色龙小家伙则蹲在她肩上的刺尖上。
Beebe held a homemade walking stick with one paw, and a little hedgehog scampered along with her chameleon, Little Guy, perched on her shoulder prickles.
所以,如果我理解得没错,刺猬先生,您的意思是,您希望重现您挚爱的奶奶制作的苹果蟋蟀松饼的魔力,既为了享受美味的点心,也为了抚慰那令人窒息的、对逝去童年的怀念。
So if I understand you correctly, mister Hedgehog, you are saying that you wish to recreate the magic of your beloved Nana's apple cricket muffins in order to both have a delicious treat, but also to address the cloying nostalgia of your lost youth.
我不会这么说,但我就是忍不住一直想着那些松饼。
I wouldn't put it that way, but, well, I just can't stop thinking about those muffins.
每次我去她洞穴探望时,奶奶刺猬都会给我做这些松饼。
Nana Hedgehog used to make them for me every time I visited her burrow.
真贴心啊,爸爸。
That's so sweet, dad.
真感人。
Heartwarming.
作为夜行性生物,他们不习惯在午后明亮的阳光下活动,于是边走边欣赏沿途的景色。
As nocturnal creatures, they were not used to being out in the bright sun of the afternoon, and they took in the sights as they went.
一条小溪在岩石间潺潺流淌,几只青蛙蹲在最大的石头上。
There was a creek burbling over rocks, complete with frogs perched upon the biggest boulders.
一只销售松鼠正在向一群其他松鼠介绍水上房屋的奢华生活。
There was a sales squirrel giving a presentation to a group of other squirrels about the luxuries of houseboat living.
我个人把我的水上房屋每年出租三个月。
Personally, I rent mine out for three months out of the year.
很多松鼠也会在树上安家。
Lots of squirrels keep their trees too.
你能在船上种树吗?
Can you grow a tree on a houseboat?
如果一点树都没有,我会很难适应。
I'd have a hard time without any trees at all.
当然。
Sure.
是的。
Yeah.
我认识一个人,他在船甲板上直接种了一棵树。
I know a guy who grew a tree right out of the deck of his houseboat.
他特别喜欢。
He loves it.
不过,你确实有风险,而且附近一棵树上还停着三头牛。
Although, you do run the risk of and there were three cows in a nearby tree.
哎呀。
Oops.
我的意思是,附近一棵树上有三只乌鸦。
I mean, there were three crows in a nearby tree.
这样好多了。
That's better.
最终,这条小径原本被树木和灌木密密麻麻地包围着,现在却豁然开朗,变得宽阔起来。
Eventually, the trail, once dense with trees and shrubs crowding the path, opened up and widened.
再走几步,小径变成了一条碎石路,通向一片似乎无边无际的苹果园,向四面八方延伸。
A few more steps and the trail turned into a gravelly path leading to what looked like an endless orchard of apple trees extending in all directions.
哇。
Wow.
哇哦。
Woah.
白天的时候感觉不一样。
It's different during the day.
对吧?
Right?
确实是。
It was.
他们以前晚上也来过几次,那里总是很安静。
They'd traveled there a few times before during the night, and it was always quiet.
他们曾看到过一些负鼠、一些觅食的浣熊和老鼠,但夜行动物通常安静而迅速地完成工作,专注于高效觅食后就回家。
They'd seen a few possums and some scavenging raccoons and mice, but nocturnal creatures tended to be quiet and quick in their work, focused on getting food efficiently and then going home.
白天的动物就不是这样了。
Daytime creatures, not so much.
他们感受着这节日的氛围。
They took in the festive atmosphere.
这个故事还有更多内容。
There is so much more to this story.
你可以通过成为《小故事》高级订阅用户来收听完整剧集。
You can hear the full episode by becoming a Little Stories Premium subscriber.
访问 littlestoriespremium.com 加入我们。
Visit littlestoriespremium.com to join.
一如既往,感谢您的收听。
And thank you, as always, for listening in.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。