本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
感谢您选择卢克的英语播客。
Thank you for choosing Luke's English Podcast.
如需收听更多包含特定词汇和发音教学的剧集,享受无广告收听体验,加入高级社区并支持本播客,请前往 teacherluke.co.uk/premium 注册 LEP 高级会员。
For more episodes with specific vocabulary and pronunciation teaching, plus ad free listening, access to the premium community, and to show your support for the podcast, sign up to LEP Premium at teacherluke.co.uk/premium.
您正在收听卢克的英语播客。
You're listening to Luke's English Podcast.
如需更多信息,请访问 teacherluke.podomatic.com。
For more information, visit teacherluke.podomatic.com.
大家好,欢迎来到卢克的英语播客。
Hello, ladies and gents, and welcome to Luke's English Podcast.
在本集中,您将有机会复习卢克英语播客前11集所学的词汇。
In this episode, you will have a chance to refresh your vocabulary from the first 11 episodes of Luke's English Podcast.
众所周知,复习已学过的词汇至关重要。
Now everyone knows it's vital to review vocabulary you have learned.
如果您不复习,就很可能忘记它们。
If you don't review it, then you're likely to forget it.
所以在这集中,我会帮助你回忆起我在《Luke's English Podcast》早期节目中教过的一些表达。
So in this episode, I will help you to remember some of the expressions I taught you in the early days of Luke's English Podcast.
当然,我们会以一种自然的方式进行,通过展示这些表达在真实、自然且非脚本化的对话中如何使用。
Of course, we will be doing this in a natural way by demonstrating the way these expressions can be used in a natural, authentic, and unscripted conversation.
你所需要做的就是留意这些表达,记住它们,然后尝试自己运用。
All you have to do is notice the expressions, remember them, and then try to pick them up yourself.
所以接下来这集会发生什么。
So here's what's going to happen in the episode.
首先,我会读出从第1到第11集中挑选出的56个表达,并为每个表达提供简要的定义。
First, I will read out a list of 56 expressions from episodes one to 11 and give you a brief definition of each one.
你可以在本集的网站上看到这些表达及其定义。
You can see those expressions and their definitions on the website for this episode.
显然,你知道网站是 teacherluke.podomatic.com。
Obviously, the website you know is teacherluke.podomatic.com.
第112期:词汇复习。
Episode 112, vocabulary review.
找到这一集,你就能看到这些表达及其定义的列表。
Find that episode, you'll be able to see, the list of expressions and their definitions.
过一段时间后,你可能需要去Luke的英语博客,但这个页面上会有链接带你去那一页。
You may need to, after a while, you may need to go to Luke's English blog, but there will be a link on this page to take you to that, page.
明白了吗?
Okay?
所以,不管怎样,去网站看看下面这些表达和定义。
So anyway, go to the website, have a look at the list, of expressions and definitions below.
你可以阅读它们。
You'll be able to read them.
第二,你应该听Kate和我的对话,试着留意这些表达是如何被使用的。
Second, you should listen to the conversation between Kate and me and try to either notice the expressions as they are used.
你可以关注表达的语法、发音等,或者预测下一个会出现的表达。
You can listen for the grammar of the expression, how it's pronounced, etcetera, or predict which expression is coming next.
你可以在看着表达列表的同时进行,也可以不看列表,单纯地听。
You can do this while looking at the expression list or by simply listening without the list.
第三,你再看一下这个列表,自己练习使用这些表达。
Third, you should look at the list again and practice using the expressions yourself.
也许你可以造一些关于你自己或你认识的人的句子。
Perhaps you can just say some sentences about yourself or people you know.
你应该说出来,而不是写下来。
You should speak them rather than write them.
你可以录下自己说这些表达的声音,然后回听,从而更好地了解自己的发音。
You could record yourself speaking them and listen back to the recordings to give yourself some perspective on your pronunciation.
所有这些方法都是通过这个播客提升英语的好方式。
All of these things are good ways to improve your English with this podcast.
当然,如果你更喜欢,也可以只是放松地听这个播客。
Of course, if you prefer, you can just sit back and enjoy listening to the podcast.
和往常一样,请在下方留言。
As ever, please add your comments below.
你想说什么都可以。
You can say whatever you like.
你为什么不试着用本集中的一个表达写一句关于你自己的话呢?
Why don't you write a sentence about yourself using one of the expressions from this episode, for example?
你也可以通过点击本页面上的捐赠按钮来捐款。
You can also make donations by clicking one of the donate buttons on this page.
那么我们开始吧,好吗?
So let's start, shall we?
现在我要逐条朗读本集中使用的表达,并为你简要解释每个表达的含义。
I'm now going to read through the list of expressions which are used in this episode, and I'll give you a brief definition of each one.
我把它们都写在一张纸上了。
I've got them all here on a piece of paper.
如果你听过了卢克英语播客的每一集,你可能会认出这些表达。
If you've listened to every single episode of Luke's English Podcast, then you may recognize these expressions.
我希望如此。
I hope so.
这或许是个很好的方式,帮你温习一下记忆。
It might be a good way to refresh your memories.
如果你还没听过,那这正是一个学习这些表达的好机会。
If you haven't listened to them yet, well, this is a good chance to learn those expressions anyway.
当你最终开始听播客的前十几集时,这些表达中的一些对你来说会已经很熟悉了。
And, when you do finally get around to listening to, the first 10 or 11 episodes of the podcast, some of these expressions will be quite familiar to you already.
那么,我们开始吧。
So here we go.
第一,他放松了对自己的要求。
Number one, he's let himself go.
他放松了对自己的要求。
He's let himself go.
他放松了对自己的要求。
He has let himself go.
这意味着他任由自己变得不再有吸引力。
That means he has allowed himself to become less attractive.
他放松了对自己的要求。
He's let himself go.
你有没有见过,我不知道。
Have you seen I don't know.
谁是个好例子?
Who's a good example?
你最近有没有见过保罗·麦卡特尼?
Have you seen have you seen Paul McCartney recently?
比如,他真的放纵自己了。
He's really let himself go, for example.
第二个,说话含糊不清。
Number two, to slur your words.
说话含糊不清。
To slur your words.
说话含糊不清。
Slur your words.
这意味着因为喝酒或其他原因而发音不准。
That means to pronounce words wrong because of drink or maybe other things.
所以你可能知道,就在最近一集里,我在录制播客时和朋友喝了一杯。
So you might know that actually from a recent episode where, I had a drink with my friends while recording a podcast.
所以说话含糊不清。
So to slur your words.
第三,古怪。
Number three, eccentric.
他有点古怪。
He's a bit eccentric.
古怪。
Eccentric.
意思是奇怪、不寻常,或者有点疯。
It means strange, unusual, or a bit crazy.
他有点古怪。
He's a bit eccentric.
第四,我有点怀疑。
Number four, I'm a bit skeptical.
怀疑的。
Skeptical.
我有点怀疑。
I'm a bit skeptical.
如果你对某事持怀疑态度,意味着你怀疑它是否真实。
If you're skeptical of something, it means you're you doubt whether it's true.
有些人说他们能看见UFO,但老实说,我有点怀疑。
So some people say that they can you know, that they see UFOs, but I'm a bit skeptical, to be honest.
所以‘怀疑的’意味着你怀疑某事是否真实。
So skeptical means you you doubt whether something is true.
第五个,这是在开玩笑。
Number five, it's a piss take.
这纯粹是在开玩笑。
It's just a piss take.
‘Piss take’就是个玩笑。
A piss take is a joke.
这是一个有点粗鲁的表达。
It's a slightly rude expression.
就这样了。
So that's it.
这肯定是个玩笑。
It must be a piss take.
‘Piss take’指的是你拿某人开玩笑或捉弄某人。
A piss take is like, when you make a joke about someone or when you make fun of someone.
你可以说这有点像个玩笑。
You can say it's a it's a bit of a piss take.
我倾向于相信它。
I'm leaning towards it.
我倾向于相信它。
I'm leaning towards it.
这意味着你更倾向于两个选项中的一个。
That means that you are preferring one of two options.
所以,如果我的意思是,比如有人问:你想要茶还是咖啡?
So if I mean, for example, if someone says, would you like tea or coffee?
你可以说:老实说,我有点倾向于茶。
You can say, well, I'm kind of leaning towards tea, to be honest.
这意味着你很可能选择茶,也就是说你更喜欢茶而不是咖啡。
That means that you're likely to choose tea, so you're preferring tea rather than coffee.
我倾向于茶。
I'm leaning towards tea.
老实说,你不会真的说你倾向于茶。
To be honest, you wouldn't really say that you're leaning towards tea.
你可能会用‘倾向于’来形容稍微复杂一点的决定。
You'd probably use leaning towards for slightly more, complex decisions.
我们来看看。
Let's see.
我倾向于茶还是咖啡。
I'm leaning towards, tea or coffee.
我倾向于说我不知道。
I'm leaning toward I don't know.
如果你需要做出一个稍微复杂一点的决定,比如买车时要在福特福克斯和大众高尔夫之间选,最后你看了所有选项后会说:老实说,我有点倾向于高尔夫。
If you if you basically need to make a slightly more complicated decision, like if you're buying a car, and if you need to buy either a Ford Focus or a Volkswagen Golf, and you kind of look at all the options in the end, you go, well, I'm kind of leaning towards the Golf, to be honest.
我觉得这车更好。
I think it's a better car.
所以这个是第七点。
So number this is number seven.
我吓得要死。
I was scared stiff.
‘我吓得要死’意思是我真的非常害怕。
I was scared stiff means I was really scared.
第八点。
Number eight.
它把我吓了个半死。
It frightened the life out of me.
它吓得我魂飞魄散,意思就是它真的把我吓坏了。
It frightened the life out of me means that it really scared me.
我跳了起来,或者它让我跳了起来。
I jumped or it made me jump.
这意味着它让我震惊了。
That means it shocked me.
它让我害怕又震惊到极点,以至于我 literally 跳了起来。
It's it's it frightened me and shocked me so much that I literally jumped.
我哑口无言。
I was speechless.
我哑口无言。
I was speechless.
这意味着我惊讶或害怕得说不出话来。
That means I was so surprised or so scared that I couldn't speak.
下一个是我词穷了。
The next one is I was lost for words.
我无言以对。
I was lost for words.
再说一遍,这意味着我太惊讶或太震惊了,以至于不知道该说什么。
Again, that means I'm I was so surprised or so shocked that I didn't know what to say.
我当时无言以对。
I'm I was lost for words.
你也可以用现在时态表达。
You can use that in the present tense as well.
我现在无言以对。
I'm lost for words.
我不知道该说什么。
I don't know what to say.
你知道,如果你赢了比赛什么的。
You know, if you if you win a competition or something.
各位女士们、先生们,干得好。
So ladies and gentlemen, well done.
恭喜你赢得比赛。
Congratulations to you for winning the competition.
你有什么想说的吗?
What have you got to say for yourself?
嗯,我真的说不出话来了。
Well, I'm really lost for words.
你知道的,我哑口无言。
You know, I'm speechless.
我太惊讶了。
I'm so surprised.
我从未想过会赢得这个最佳播客奥斯卡奖之类的奖项。
I never expected to win this Oscar for best podcast, etcetera.
明白吗?
Alright?
我当时真的说不出话来。
I was I was lost for words.
我非常高兴。
I was chuffed.
我高兴得不得了,或者说我高兴到极点了。
I was chuffed or I was chuffed to bits.
‘Chuffed’ 就是表示非常开心或非常满意。
Chuffed just means very happy or very pleased.
这是一种比较非正式的表达。
It's kind of an informal expression.
我高兴得不得了。
I was chuffed to bits.
这也很有英国特色。
That's a very British expression as well.
我觉得美国人不会这么说。
I don't think the Americans would say that.
天啊,我确实高兴得不得了。
Gee, I I sure was chuffed to bits.
不。
No.
他们不会这么说。
They wouldn't say that.
这是英国人的说法。
That's an English thing.
我高兴得不得了。
I was chuffed to bits.
我沮丧极了。
I was gutted.
我简直沮丧到了极点。
I was absolutely gutted.
这是另一个非常典型的英式表达。
That's another really typically British expression.
我简直沮丧到了极点。
I was absolutely gutted.
这意味着我真的很失望。
That means I was really disappointed.
我感到非常沮丧。
I was gutted.
我情绪低落到了极点。
I was really down in the dumps.
如果你情绪低落,那就意味着你非常抑郁。
If you're down in the dumps, that means you were really depressed.
他现在有点情绪低落。
He's a bit down in the dumps at the moment.
他怎么了?
What's the matter with him?
哦,我想他的女朋友刚刚离开了他,比如这种情况。
Oh, I think his girlfriend just left him, for example.
不要以貌取人。
Don't judge a book by its cover.
不要以貌取人。
Don't judge a book by its cover.
这意味着你不应该根据外表来评判事物。
That means that you shouldn't judge things by appearance.
所以如果你看到一本书,看到封面上的图片,然后想,哦,这看起来像本无聊的书。
So if you look at a book, and you look at the picture on the cover and you go, oh, that looks like a boring book.
那是错误的,因为你只能通过阅读书里的内容来评判这本书。
That's a mistake because you can't you can only judge the book by looking at what's inside the book.
不要以貌取人,这其实挺奇怪的,仔细想想,你还能怎么决定要不要买一本书呢?
Don't judge a book by its cover, which is kinda strange, really, when you think about it because, how else can you decide whether you wanna buy a book or not?
当然,你判断一本书的唯一方式就是看封面上写了什么。
Surely, the only way you can make a judgment on the book is by looking at what's written on the cover.
我觉得我们去买书的时候,每个人都根据封面来评判书籍,对吧?
And I think that when we go shopping for books, everyone judges books by their cover, don't they?
他们拿起书,看看封面上的内容,心想:这本书会不会有意思呢?
They take the book and they look at it and they go, I wonder if this is gonna be interesting.
他们还会看封底的所有介绍和那些小小的评论。
And they look at all the description on the back, and they look at the little review comments on it.
基于这些信息,我们常常就这样决定要读什么书。
And based on that, often, that's how we decide what we we wanna read.
例如,你不可能在书店里把整本书读完再决定买不买。
For example, you can't just read the entire book there in the bookshop before you buy it.
这太荒谬了。
That's ridiculous.
所以我想,你可能会有人推荐书籍之类的,但我认为很多时候我们确实还是凭封面来选书。
So I suppose you can have books recommended to you and things like that, but I think a lot of the time we do judge books by their cover.
尽管根据这句话,我们不应该凭封面来评判一本书,但显然我们不该这么做。
Although we shouldn't, apparently, according to this expression, you shouldn't judge a book by its cover.
你不应该以貌取人。
You shouldn't judge things by their appearance.
这不只是针对书籍。
It's not just books.
这也可以用在人身上。
It could be for people as well.
比如,我认为是苏珊·波伊尔,你可以说。
For example, I think it's Susan Boyle, you could say.
她看起来就像是个疯疯癫癫的老太太,你可能会这么说。
She looked like a sort of, just a crazy old woman, you might say.
但你不能以貌取人。
But you shouldn't judge a book by its cover.
她实际上是一位才华横溢的歌手。
She was actually an amazingly talented singer.
下一个说法是:眼见并不为实。
Next one is there's more there's more than meets the eye.
眼见并不为实。
There's more than meets the eye.
这意味着,某件事比你最初想的要更难理解。
So that means it's it's more difficult to understand something than you first thought.
所以,你最初的印象未必就是正确的,实际上可能远不止表面所见。
So maybe the first impression you got is not necessarily the right impression that there's actually more than that.
不仅仅是第一印象那么简单。
There's more than just the first impression.
下一个词是笑柄。
Next one is a laughing stock.
笑柄基本上是指被人以一种不好的方式取笑的东西。
A laughing stock, that is basically something that everybody is laughing at in a kind of a bad way.
如果你成了笑柄,那就意味着你在公众面前出丑了,大家都拿你开玩笑。
So if you're a if you're a laughing stock, then it means you've made a fool of yourself in public and everybody's laughing at you.
下一个词是道德操守。
The next one is moral fiber.
道德操守。
Moral fiber.
道德操守基本上是指内在的道德力量。
And moral fiber basically is like inner moral strength.
明白吗?
Okay?
下一个短语是‘大胆无畏’。
The one after that is to be bold as brass.
如果你‘大胆无畏’,就意味着你非常自信,甚至有点过于自信。
If you're bold as brass, it means you're really confident, maybe a little bit too confident.
过于自信。
Overconfident.
你就是大胆无畏。
You're bold as brass.
下一个表达是:他吠叫得凶,咬人却不狠。
The next one is, His bark is worse than his bite.
他吠叫得凶,咬人却不狠。
His bark is worse than his bite.
‘吠叫’就是狗发出的声音,你知道的,比如‘汪汪’。
So a bark is what a dog does, you know, like, Woof.
那就是像狗一样叫。
That's to bark like a dog.
如果你说‘他的吠叫比咬人更吓人’,意思是他吠叫的声音比实际咬人时更令人害怕。
And if you say, His bark is worse than his bite, then the way you know, the sound of his bark is more frightening than his bite.
所以如果一只狗一直吼叫,吼叫,吼叫,而主人说‘别担心,他只是叫得凶,其实不咬人’,那就意味着他听起来比实际更吓人。
So if a dog goes, Roar, Roar, Roar, Roar, and the owner says, Oh, don't worry, his bark is worse than his bite, that means he sounds more frightening than he actually is.
我们不仅仅用这个说法来描述狗。
And we don't just use that to talk about dogs.
我们也可以用它来形容人,比如有些人看起来很吓人,嗓音听起来很凶,或者给人第一印象很可怕。
We can use it to talk about people, for example, someone who looks kind of intimidating or scary and has got a very sort of scary sounding voice perhaps or a scary first impression.
但实际上,他们并没有那么糟糕。
Actually, they're not really that bad.
他们其实是很善良的人。
They're quite kind people, really.
所以别担心他。
So oh, don't worry about him.
他的吠叫比咬人更吓人。
His bark is worse than his bite.
下一个是一桶笑声。
A barrel of laughs is the next one.
一桶笑声。
A barrel of laughs.
他真是个开心果。
He's an absolute barrel of laughs.
桶是一个大容器。
A barrel being a big container.
人们用桶来装酒或啤酒。
They use barrels to keep, like, wine or beer in.
所以一桶笑声的意思是,他非常有趣。
So a barrel of laughs is like, he's a lot of fun.
他笑声不断。
He's full of laughs.
他真的很有趣。
He's really good fun.
他是个开心果。
He's a barrel of laughs.
下一个是要向某人调情。
The next one is to flirt with someone.
向某人调情。
To flirt with someone.
这意味着你表现得好像觉得某人有吸引力,并希望对方对你有好感,这就是调情。
That's to behave like you think someone is attractive, and you want them to fancy you, so you flirt with them.
下一个词是喜欢上某人。
The next one is to fancy someone.
这意味着你觉得某人有吸引力。
That means that you think someone is attractive.
你觉得他很帅,你可能会这么说。
You think they're fit, you might say.
搭讪的意思是和某人交谈,以让他们喜欢你。
To chat someone up, that means to talk to someone in order to get them to like you.
也许如果你喜欢某人,想和他们调情,就会走过去搭讪。
Maybe if you fancy someone, you wanna flirt with them, you might go over and chat them up.
说,嘿,宝贝。
Say, hey, baby.
你经常来这儿吗?
Do you come here often?
显然,你不应该这样搭讪。
Obviously, you shouldn't chat someone up like that.
这是最糟糕的方式。
That's the worst way to do it.
我想我以前做过一期关于搭讪台词或类似内容的节目。
I think I've done an episode on chat up lines or something similar before.
也许这是我未来可以做的一个主题。
Maybe that's something I can do in the future.
一期独家内容,教你如何用英语搭讪女性。
Exclusive episode on how to chat up women in English.
我觉得这个主意不错。
I think that could be quite a good idea.
这个很长的列表中的下一个表达是‘和某人约会’,和某人约会。
The next expression in this rather long list is to go out with someone, to go out with someone.
这意味着要么和某人约会,要么和某人谈恋爱。
And that means to either go on a date with someone or to be in a relationship with someone.
所以,比如说,你会说:‘我想知道谁是名人。’
So for example, you say, I wonder who's famous.
有哪位名人正在和别人约会?
Who's a famous person that's going out with someone else?
比如,克里斯滕·斯图尔特在背叛罗伯特·帕丁森之前,和他交往过,这个狠心的女人。
Well, it was like Kirsten Stewart was going out with Robert Pattinson before she cheated on him behind his back, the cruel woman.
所以他们原本在交往,然后她却去勾搭某个大牌电影制片人。
So they were going out with each other, and then she decided to cheat on, like, some big shot movie producer.
是的。
Yeah.
讽刺的是,人们拍摄的凯瑟琳·斯图尔特与罗伯特·帕丁森交往期间的所有照片中,她从未笑过。
And the ironic thing ironic thing was as well that in all the photos that people took of Kirsten Stewart when she was going out with Robert Pattinson, she was never smiling.
她看起来只是很痛苦。
She was just miserable looking.
而她背叛他之后,和另一个男人在一起的所有照片里,她脸上却挂着灿烂的笑容。
And then she she cheats on him with another guy, and all the photos that were taken with her and this other guy, she's got a big smile on her face.
这到底是怎么回事?
So what's going on there?
我不知道。
I don't know.
也许该有人跟罗伯特·帕丁森谈谈,告诉他该怎么对待女朋友。
Maybe someone needs to have a chat with Robert Pattinson, you know, maybe speak to him about how he's treating his girlfriends.
对。
Right.
下一个问题是约人出去,这基本上就是邀请某人约会。
So the next one is to ask someone out, and that basically means to ask someone on a date.
嘿。
Hey.
我刚刚在想。
I was just thinking.
你愿意和我一起去喝一杯吗?
Would you like to maybe go for a drink with me?
不行?
No?
不行?
No?
好吧。
Okay.
行吧。
Fine.
哦,你会吗?
Oh, you would?
哇。
Wow.
太好了。
Great.
好的。
Okay.
明天去本地酒吧怎么样?
How about tomorrow in the in the bar, the local bar?
那又不对了,你不该这样约人出去。
That's that's not again, that's not how you should ask someone out.
我对这些事情其实不太在行。
I'm not really an expert on these things.
谁知道呢?
Who knows?
我不知道。
I don't know.
有时候我不确定约人出去的最好方式是什么。
I don't know what sometimes what the best way to ask someone out is.
有很多不同的方法。
There are lots of different ways.
有时候传统的做法是像我想的那样,问对方‘你愿不愿意哪天和我一起吃晚饭?’,或者稍微另类一点的方式,比如,我不知道,直接说‘嘿,要不要和我一起去游戏厅打僵尸?’
Sometimes the traditional route of the kind of I was thinking maybe if you'd like to go for dinner with me sometime, or, the a slightly more alternative route, which is, I don't know, something like, hey, do you wanna go and, shoot zombies with me in the games arcade?
这要看情况。
It depends.
你知道的。
You know?
反正什么方式对你有效就行。
Whatever works for you, basically.
去约人出去。
To to ask someone out.
下一个是要有化学反应。
The next one is to have chemistry.
你们之间要有化学反应。
To have chemistry between you.
如果你有化学反应,就意味着你和另一个人之间有一种特别的感觉。
If you have chemistry, it means you have a special feeling between you and a and another person.
通常是在男孩和女孩之间。
Usually, sort of between a boy and a girl.
他们之间真的有化学反应。
There's, like, real chemistry between them.
这意味着两个人之间有种电光火石的感觉。
That means there's kind of electricity between the two people.
下一个表达是:爱上某人。
To fall for someone is the next, expression.
爱上某人。
To fall for someone.
如果你爱上某人,就意味着你爱上了那个人。
And if you fall for someone, it means you fall in love with someone.
然后是渐行渐远。
Then to drift apart.
渐行渐远意味着你们变得不同了。
To drift apart means that you become different.
你们会慢慢走向不同的方向。
You start going in different directions slowly.
你们会渐行渐远。
You drift apart.
下一个表达是和某人分手。
Next expression is to split up with someone.
这意味着你和某人结束一段关系。
That means that you end a relationship with someone.
你们分手了。
You split up.
比如,罗伯特·帕丁森和克里斯汀·斯图尔特已经分手了。
So Robert Pattinson and Kirsten Stewart have split up, for example.
甩了某人,意思是通过拒绝某人来结束一段关系。
To dump someone, that is to finish a relationship by rejecting someone.
你知道,他现在情绪很低落,因为他的女朋友甩了他,比如这种情况。
You know, he's really down in the dumps at the moment because his girlfriend dumped him, for example.
下一个是一组表达方式,来自我的视频《16种表达我喜欢的方式》,这个视频几乎成了YouTube上的爆款。
Next one the next sort of set of expressions come from my video, 16 ways to say I like it, which is a kind of YouTube smash hit almost.
所以下一个表达是:我对它很着迷。
So the next one is, I'm into it.
如果你对某事感兴趣,就意味着你非常喜爱它,对它很投入。
If you're into something, it means you're really interested in it and you really like it.
下一个表达是:我对它很感兴趣。
Next one is, I'm keen on it.
我真的很喜欢它。
I'm really keen on it.
这意味着我真的很喜欢它。
That means I really like it.
我对它非常感兴趣。
I'm really interested in it.
所以,你知道,你可能会说,我特别喜欢集邮,如果你是个有点无聊的人的话。
So, you know, you might say, I'm really keen on stamp collecting, if you're kind of a boring person.
我特别喜欢玩电脑游戏,当然,如果你是个特别无聊的人的话。
I'm really keen on, playing, computer games, again, if you're a really boring person.
我特别喜欢观察火车。
I'm really keen on, train spotting.
我喜欢站在站台边缘,看着所有进站和出站的火车,并记录下火车侧面写的每一个编号。
I like to stand, at the edge of the station platform and basically look at all the trains that come in and go out of the station and record every number which is written on the side of the train.
我觉得这非常振奋人心,也很刺激,总体来说我非常热衷于此。
I find it very invigorating and very exciting, and I'm very keen on it in general.
我有一本自己的小册子,用来记录我见过的所有火车编号。
I have my own little book where I keep a note of all the train numbers that I've seen.
我只是觉得这非常令人兴奋。
I just find it very exciting.
而且时不时地,大概每个月一次左右,会有一列非常独特的火车经过,比如一列载着特别编号的货运列车。
And every now and then, maybe once a month or so, a really unique train will come through, maybe a freight train of some kind bearing quite a unique number.
那对于一个真正热衷于火车观察的爱好者来说,就是这样的情况。
That would be, for example, a train spotting enthusiast who's really keen on train spotting.
我不知道其他国家是否流行,但这里以前真的很流行。
I don't know if that's popular in other countries, but it used to be really popular here.
你有没有见过那种人?他们叫什么来着?
You get these guys in sort of what are they called?
那些穿着塑料雨衣的家伙,戴着眼镜,拿着记事本,站在那里记录所有经过车站的火车。
The guys in sort of plastic Macs, like these geeks with glasses and notepads standing there recording all of the trains that go through the station.
不知为什么,做这件事会让人觉得非常兴奋。
For some reason, that that would be very exciting thing to do.
我真想不通为什么会这样。
I can't imagine why.
也许在蒸汽机车的时代,我能想象那会很有趣,但像现在这种柴油机车就没什么意思了。
Maybe in the old days of the steam engines, that I can imagine that would be fun, but not the sort of diesel engine trains of of these days.
那会很无聊,对吧?
That would be rubbish, wouldn't it?
不管怎样,这让我很感兴趣。
Anyway, so it it appeals to me.
它真的让我很着迷。
It really appeals to me.
这意味着我喜欢这个想法。
That means I like the idea of it.
这很受欢迎,或者曾经很受欢迎。
It goes down well or it went down well.
这意味着其他人也喜欢。
That means other people liked it.
其他人对它反应很好。
Other people responded well to it.
有点像,干得好。
Sort of like, well done.
例如,这次演示在销售主管中反响非常好。
The presentation went down really well with the sales executives, for example.
这很合我的口味,这是一个稍微正式的表达。
It's to my liking, which is a slightly formal expression.
意思就是我喜欢它,或者我有时喜欢做它。
Just means I like it or I like to do it sometimes.
所以,如果你还记得视频里的情节,这款酒很合我的口味。
So, you know, if you remember from the video, this wine is to my liking.
我狂热地喜欢它或我为之着迷,意思是我极其热爱它。
I'm crazy about it or I'm mad about it just means I absolutely love it passionately.
我离不开它,意思是我真的需要它。
I'm attached to it means I kind of really need it.
你知道,就像我离不开我的手机,我简直不知道没有它该怎么办。
You know, like I'm attached to my mobile phone, I kind of I don't know what I would do without it.
我沉迷于它,意思是我说停也停不下来。
I'm addicted to it, means I can't stop doing it.
我逐渐喜欢上了它,意思是以前我不喜欢,但现在我喜欢了。
I've grown to like it, means that I didn't used to like it, but I now but now I do like it.
比如,我以前不喜欢电台司令,但现在我真的很喜欢他们。
For example, I didn't used to like Radiohead, but I've really grown to like them.
我对她很有好感。
I've got a soft spot for her.
对某人有好感,意思是相比其他人,你更喜欢这个人。
To have a soft spot for someone means that you like someone a bit more than you like other people.
所以,你知道的,他们在你心里有特殊的位置。
So, you know, they've got a special place in your heart.
比如,我特别喜欢她。
I've got a real soft spot for her, for example.
我怎么也嫌不够。
I can't get enough of it.
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
我怎么也听不够。
I can't get enough of it.
这意味着我从不觉得厌倦,总是想要更多更多。
It means I'm never bored of it, and I always want more and more.
比如,我就是怎么也听不够卢克的英语播客,以至于一直拖着不去做别的事。
For example, I just can't get enough of Luke's English Podcast to get round to doing something.
‘推迟做某事’意味着最终找到时间去做某事。
To get round to doing something means to finally find the time to do something.
所以,我终于抽空录了卢克英语播客的另一集,各位女士们先生们,你们现在正在听的就是这一集。
So I finally got round to recording another episode of Luke's English Podcast, ladies and gentlemen, and you're listening to it right now.
‘推迟某事’就是把某事延后。
To put something off, to put something off means to postpone something.
比如,因为下雨,我们打算把足球赛推迟到下个周末。
So for example, we're gonna because of rain, we're gonna put off the football match until next weekend, for example.
清单上的下一项是被卷入某事。
The next item on the list is to be caught up in something.
被某事牵绊住,意思是被某事分散注意力或忙于某事,被某种让你分心的事物卷入其中。
To be caught up in something, and that means to be distracted or to be made busy by something, to be kind of in involved by something which distracts you from something else, to be caught up in something.
在伦敦奥运会期间的夏天,我深深沉浸在奥运热潮中。
I got really caught up in the Olympic fever during the Olympic Games in London, during the summer.
放弃某事。
To give up on something.
放弃某事。
To give up on something.
意思是由于某种原因停止尝试做某事或停止相信某事。
That means to just stop trying to do something or stop believing in something for some reason.
明白吗?
Okay?
用完某物是指你没有任何剩余了。
To run out of something is to when you have not you have none left of something.
例如,我的车没油了。
For example, I've run out of fuel in my car.
我的电池没电了。
My battery has run out.
这仅仅意味着你一点都没剩了。
It just means that you have none left.
它占用了我的时间。
It takes up my time.
它真的占用了我的时间。
It really takes up my time.
这意味着它消耗了我的时间。
It means it uses my time.
例如,准备、录制和上传《卢克的英语播客》的一集可能会占用很多时间,但没关系,因为这就是我的事。
For example, preparing, recording, and uploading an episode of Luke's song Luke's English Podcast can take up quite a lot of time, but that's alright because that's my thing.
这就是我感兴趣的东西。
That's what I'm into.
坚持意味着等待,当然。
To hold on is to wait, of course.
生气是有点粗鲁的表达,意思是感到愤怒或烦恼。
To be pissed off is a slightly rude expression, which means to be angry or annoyed.
比如,我现在就真的很生气。
I'm really pissed off at the moment, for example.
把情绪压抑起来。
To bottle up your feelings.
把情绪压抑起来。
To bottle up your feelings.
意思是不表达你的情绪,把它们藏在心里,保密。
That means to not express your feelings and keep them inside, keep them secret.
你不应该压抑自己的情绪。
You shouldn't bottle up your feelings.
这对你有害。
It's bad for you.
最后,这次词汇复习中的第56个表达是让某人开心起来。
And then finally, expression number 56 in this vocabulary review is to cheer someone up.
让某人振作起来,意思就是让某人重新感到开心。
To cheer someone up, and that just means to make someone feel happy again.
非常感谢你的留言。
So thanks a lot for your messages.
你真的让我振作起来了。
You really cheered me up.
是的。
Yeah.
好的。
Okay.
就这样。
That's it.
一共56个表达。
That's 56, expressions.
接下来你要听到的是这些表达在自然真实对话中的使用场景。
Now what you're going to hear is those expressions used in a natural context, in a natural authentic conversation.
你们将听到我和凯特聊天,我们会按顺序使用所有这些表达。
You're going to hear me and Kate having a chat, and we will use all of those expressions in that order.
正如我所说,你们可以只是聆听这段对话,并留意我们使用这些表达的时候。
And so as I said, what you can do is just listen to this conversation and just notice the expressions when we use them.
留意我们是如何使用它们的。
Notice how we use them.
如果你们愿意,可以玩个小游戏,试着预测下一个会用到哪个表达。
Maybe if you want, you can play a little game and try and predict which expression is coming next.
但和往常一样,这个较长的引言就到这里了。
But that's it for this rather long introduction as usual.
现在你们可以聆听我和凯特的对话,真正掌握这些自然的表达方式。
Now you can listen to the conversation between me and Kate and really get to grips with all these natural expressions.
非常感谢,祝你们听对话愉快。
Thanks very much, and enjoy the conversation.
大家好。
Hello, everybody.
你正在收听卢克的英语播客,这大概是你点击播放按钮时所预期的。
You're listening to Luke's English Podcast, which is probably what you expected when you clicked the play button.
你心想,我知道。
You thought, I know.
我想我现在该听卢克的英语播客了。
I think I'll listen to Luke's English Podcast now.
那是个好主意。
That would be a good idea.
当然,你是对的。
And you you'd be right, of course.
这真的是个非常好的主意。
It's a very, very good idea.
事实上,你最近做出的最好的决定,可能就是点了你刚刚点的那个东西,或者按了你刚刚按的那个按钮。
In fact, probably the best decision that you've made for a very long time was to click that thing which you just clicked or press that button which you just pressed.
也许这纯属偶然。
Maybe it was an accident.
也许你的手只是滑了一下,不小心就开始收听卢克的英语播客了。
Maybe your hand just slipped, and you accidentally started listening to Luke's English Podcast.
但你知道,别为此感到后悔,因为我知道,你一定会发现,这可能是你有生以来,甚至整个地球生命中发生过的最棒的事。
But, you know, don't regret that that that occurrence because, you know, I'm sure that you'll find that that it's the, again, the best thing that's that's happened to you for probably ever, just forever, for your entire existence on planet Earth.
明白吗?
Okay?
所以,为你自己允许这件事发生而干得好,因为现在我们已经在这里了。
So well done for for making well done for allowing that to happen to yourself because here we are now.
我们已经进入了。
We're we're we're in.
我们正在收听卢克的英语播客的另一期节目。
We're into another episode of Luke's English Podcast.
我现在已经制作了一百多期节目了,我意识到你能从卢克的英语播客中学到海量的词汇。
Now, I've done over a 100 episodes now, and I realized that's a massive amount of vocabulary which you can learn from Luke's English Podcast.
这些节目里有大量表达和内容,我有时会想,你是否全都记住了。
There's just loads of expressions and things in all of those episodes, and I wonder sometimes if you remember them all.
作为英语老师和优秀的英语学习者,我们都明白,定期复习所学的词汇非常重要。
We all know as teachers and good learners of English that it's very important to review vocab that you learn from time to time.
如果你只是听一次或只学一次,很可能就记不住了。
If you just hear it once or just study it once, the chances are you're not gonna remember it.
所以你需要像这样,反复接触——再读一遍,再听一遍,试着再用一遍。
So you have to like, you know, frequency, but read it again, listen to it again, try and use it again.
为了帮助你更好地做到这一点,我想在这集中回顾一下《卢克英语播客》前11集中的部分词汇。
So in order to help you do that a little bit, I thought that in this episode, I'd give you a review of some of the vocabulary from the first 11 episodes of Luke's English Podcast.
这只是前11集的内容。
That's just the first 11.
所以我们这次要回到过去。
So that's way we're going back in time for this one.
我们要一直回溯到《卢克英语播客》的前11集。
We're going all the way back to the first 11 episodes of Luke's English Podcast.
如果你还没听过它们,也没关系。
Now, if you haven't listened to them, fine.
你可以只是试着跟上这一集,但如果你之前听过,那这就相当于一次复习。
You you can just try and follow this episode, but if you have, then it'll be like a review for you.
有些听众在找到这个播客时,会觉得内容太多而不知所措。
So some listeners find the podcast and they are a bit overwhelmed by the content.
他们不知道该从哪里开始。
They're like, where should I start?
我该从头开始吗?
Should I start at the beginning?
我该从中间开始吗?
Should I start in the middle?
我该从最后开始吗?
Should I start at the end?
我建议你从头开始,因为这些节目本来就是独立的。
Well, I would recommend that you start from the beginning because the episodes of well, the episodes are supposed to stand alone.
它们应该是相对独立的。
They're supposed to be kind of independent.
虽然有些剧集会组成一个小系列,比如《卢克对奥利弗》第一集和第二集,以及《布莱顿边缘播客》第一、二、三集。
Although some episodes do go together in a little series, like, for example, Luke versus Oliver one and two and the Brighton Fringe Podcast one, two, and three.
但一般来说,大多数剧集都可以单独收听。
But generally, most of the episodes can be listened to individually.
但如果你从头开始听,从我2009年刚开始做播客时的那些剧集听起,那可能是个好主意,因为你将听到这个播客多年来的发展变化。
But if you listen to the episodes from the beginning, from when I started in 2009, then that's probably a good idea because you will hear the way the podcast has developed over the years.
而且,早期的剧集中有很多重要的内容值得学习。
And also, there's a lot of important stuff to learn from the early episodes.
所以在这集中,你可以回顾一下前10到11集中的某些语言内容。
So in this one, it'll be a chance to just go over some of the language from the first 10 or 11 episodes.
在这集中,我又邀请了凯特一起参与。
And I'm joined again by Kate in this episode.
你好,凯特。
Hello, Kate.
你好,卢克。
Hello, Luke.
你们说的都是平时的口音。
Speaking with your normal accents there.
对吧?
Right?
在这集中,我和凯特要玩一个游戏。
Now what we're going to do in this episode is actually Kate and I, we're gonna play a game.
凯特,你同意吗?
Is that alright with you, Kate?
没问题。
That's fine.
好。
Yeah.
我喜欢玩游戏。
I like games.
好的。
Okay.
所以我们要做的是自然地聊天。
So what we're going to do is we're gonna chat naturally.
我们会尝试进行一种正常、自然的对话。
We're gonna try and have a kind of normal, natural conversation.
反正相当正常。
Quite normal anyway.
我们会进行一场正常的交谈,但摆在我们面前桌上的是一张纸,上面列出了播客第一集到第十一集中的一些表达和短语。
We're gonna have a normal chat, but what we have in front of us on the table here is a list of expressions and phrases from episodes one to 11 of the podcast, and they're just here on a piece of paper.
因此,为了帮助你们这些听众,我现在会把纸上所有的短语读给你们听,这样你们就知道我们这期会讨论哪些内容了。
So in fact, to to help you out a bit, listeners, I'm gonna list, I'm gonna read all of the phrases on the paper for you now, so you'll know which ones I'm gonna we're gonna deal with in this episode.
所以你们现在会听到这份清单。
So you're gonna hear that list now.
大家好。
Hi everyone.
我想你们会发现你们已经听过这份清单了,如果你们想再听一遍,可以倒带重听。
I think you'll find that you've already heard that list, so if you wanna hear it again, you can just rewind.
否则,我们继续吧。
Otherwise, let's continue.
现在,我猜我们在使用这些表达的同时让对话流畅起来会相当困难。
Now, I expect it's gonna be quite difficult for us to make the conversation flow while also using these expressions.
但让我们开始吧,好吗?
But let's get started, shall we?
卢克,
Luke,
你看了奥运会开幕式吗?
did you watch the Olympic opening ceremony?
奥运会,是的。
The Olympic yeah.
我看了奥运会开幕式。
I did watch the Olympic opening ceremony.
是的。
Yeah.
我觉得挺不错的。
I thought it was I thought it was pretty good.
我觉得有些音乐特别棒。
I thought there was some really great music.
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
你知道吗,我的朋友卡罗琳她参加了。
You know, my friend my friend Caroline was she was in it.
她在开幕式上吗?
She was in the opening ceremony?
她在打鼓。
She was playing the drums.
真的吗?
Really?
是的。
Yeah.
哇。
Wow.
太棒了。
That's great.
和谁?
With with who?
和哪个乐队?
With with which band?
她不是在乐队里。
She wasn't she wasn't in a band.
她是志愿者之一。
She was one of the volunteers.
哦,是的。
Oh, yeah.
你知道吧?
You know?
是的。
Yeah.
其中一个志愿者。
One of the volunteers.
她并没有在打鼓。
It wasn't she wasn't playing a drum.
她实际上是在打一个桶。
She was playing a bucket, actually.
好的。
Okay.
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Right.
所以这有点像在桶上打鼓。
So it's sort of drumming on a bucket.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
我们还没谈到任何表达方式呢,听众朋友们,明白吗?
We haven't got to any of the we haven't got to any of the expressions yet, listeners, okay?
所以继续听。
So keep listening.
在桶上打鼓,对吧?
Drumming on a bucket isn't it?
在桶上打鼓和接下来列表中的表达方式没有关系。
Drumming on a bucket is not related to the next expression on the list.
不。
No.
我们连第一个都没讲到。
We haven't even done the first one.
不。
No.
你有
Did you
看过保罗·麦卡特尼的演出吗?
see Paul McCartney performing?
是的,我看过。
Yeah, I did.
你觉得他这些年来看起来怎么样?
What do you think how do you think he looks these
呢?
days?
嗯,你知道,他有点皱纹了。
Well, you know, he's he's a bit wrinkled.
是的。
Yeah.
你能看出来他染了头发。
You can tell that he dyes his hair.
是的。
Yeah.
他不如以前那么精神了,我觉得他对自己有点放任了。
He's not looking as good as he used to, and I think he's he's let himself go.
你觉得是这样吗?
You think so?
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
我知道。
I know.
我记得他和那个可怕的女人希瑟·米尔斯离婚的时候。
I I I remember when he got divorced from that horrible woman Heather Mills.
当时报纸上有很多报道称他喝酒很多。
There were all these reports in the papers that he drinks a lot.
真的吗?
Really?
你觉得他喝酒很多吗?
Do you think that he drinks a lot?
我的意思是,对我来说,他在表演时听起来并没有口齿不清之类的情况。
I mean, some I mean to me it didn't really sound like he was slurring his words or anything during the performance.
你怎么看?
What do you think?
你觉得他是不是
Do reckon he's
我真的不这么认为,我从来没听过这个传言。
I don't I don't really think I haven't heard that rumor myself.
没有。
No.
但关于保罗·麦卡特尼,他就是那种特别普通的人。
But, know, the thing about Paul McCartney is he's he's just your kind of he's just too normal.
他没那么古怪吧?
He's not that eccentric, is he?
你不觉得他很古怪吗?
Don't you think he's eccentric?
没有。
No.
和大卫·鲍伊这样的其他流行歌手相比。
Compared to other pop stars like David Bowie.
是的。
Yeah.
他很古怪。
He's eccentric.
大卫·鲍伊。
David Bowie.
我不知道接下来我要做什么。
I don't know what I'm doing next.
我是谁?
Who am I?
我的身份是什么?
What's my identity?
事实上,也许
In fact, maybe
那就是大卫·鲍伊。
That's David Bowie.
也许他太……哦,你说鲍伊。
Maybe he was too oh, you say Bowie.
鲍伊,鲍伊。
Bowie Bowie.
我。
I
我说鲍伊,鲍伊。
say Bowie Bowie.
你吗?
Do you?
也许他太古怪了,不适合参加开幕式,因为他根本没去,对吧?
Maybe he was too eccentric to actually be in the opening ceremony because he wasn't there, was he?
没有。
No.
但他拒绝了。
But he said no.
他们邀请了他,但他拒绝了。
They they they invited they invited him, but he said no.
我觉得说实话,鲍伊对整个事情可能有点怀疑。
I think to be honest, Bowie was probably a bit skeptical of the whole thing.
你知道,他只是觉得,我不想参与奥运会开幕式,因为太商业化了。
You know, he just thought, I don't wanna get involved in the Olympic ceremony because it's too commercial.
你知道吗?
You know?
但他们用了他的音乐。
But they used his music.
是的。
Yeah.
他们用了《英雄》。
They used heroes.
对。
Yeah.
他们用了一整套他的歌曲混编。
They used they used a whole medley of his his tunes.
真的吗?
Really?
是的。
Yeah.
好的。
Okay.
你觉得这公平吗?
Do you think that's fair?
嗯,这些歌确实很棒。
Well, yeah, they're great songs.
你知道的?
You know?
是的。
Yeah.
对我来说,向全世界播放大卫·鲍伊的歌曲是一个非常美好的时刻。
For me, it was it was quite a good moment to play David Bowie songs to the rest of the world.
是的。
Yeah.
我觉得不错。
I thought it was good.
这对大卫·鲍伊来说是公平的。
It's fair on David Bowie.
只要他同意了,那就没问题。
As long as he said yes, then then it's alright.
好的。
Okay.
他们大概给他打了电话。
They probably phoned him.
大卫,我们用你的所有歌曲你介意吗?
David, do you mind if we use all your song?
你们可以使用我的歌曲,但我不会去那里表演。
You can use my songs, but I'm not gonna perform there.
那是大卫·鲍伊的模仿。
That's a David Bowie impression.
其实只是开个玩笑。
It's just a piss take, really.
我并不是真的认真。
I'm I'm not really being serious.
只是在拿他开玩笑。
Just making fun of him.
所以,是的,我在想,你觉得哪个活动更好?
So, yeah, I wonder, like which one do you think was a better event?
奥运会还是残奥会?
The Olympics or the Paralympics?
哪一个?
Which one?
如果你必须选一个,你会选哪个?
If you had to choose one, which one would you choose?
嗯,我喜欢残奥会,但我更倾向于奥运会。
Well, I I liked I the Paralympics, but I'm leaning towards the Olympics.
真的吗?
Really?
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
是因为你腿不好吗?还是你更倾向于奥运会?
Is that because you got a bad leg or You're leaning you're leaning towards the Olympics.
对。
Yeah.
你更喜欢奥运会?
You prefer the Olympics?
对。
Yeah.
目前,我有点觉得是这样。
At at the moment, I'm kind of feeling that yeah.
我倾向于奥运会,因为我们本来都以为它会很糟糕。
I'm I'm leaning towards the Olympics just because it I we all expected it to be rubbish.
但事实上,当它真的很好时,这真是个惊喜。
But actually, it was such a surprise when it was really good.
是的。
Yeah.
但我觉得如此兴奋,而且……
But I think feeling so excited and Yeah.
感到如此惊喜。
Being so happily surprised
是的。
Yeah.
太棒了。
Was amazing.
至于残奥会,我们本来也觉得会是那样。
And the Paralympics, we kind of expected it to be.
你觉得奥运会的组织者在如此大的压力下,会感到紧张吗?
Do you reckon the organisers of the Olympics, with all that pressure, do think they were nervous?
像鲍里斯·约翰逊和塞巴斯蒂安·科伊这样负责组织的人,你觉得他们在奥运会前紧张吗?不
People like Boris Johnson and Sebastian Coe, the people who organised, do you reckon they were nervous before the Olympics Not
鲍里斯·约翰逊,我觉得他从来不会紧张,但我觉得塞巴斯蒂安·科伊,塞布·科伊,他 probably 害怕得要命。
Boris Johnson, I don't think he's ever nervous, but I think Sebastian Coe, Seb Coe, I think he was probably scared stiff.
是的。
Yeah.
我肯定会吓坏的。
I would have been scared
告诉你谁真的吓得要命。
tell you who was scared stiff actually.
那个设计奥运主火炬的人。
The the guy who designed the Olympic cauldron.
是的。
Yes.
你知道,那巨大的火焰。
You know, the massive flame.
是的。
Yeah.
我听过对他的一次采访。
I heard an interview with him.
他吓得要死。
He was scared stiff.
为什么?
Why?
因为他不知道它会不会成功,所有的,嗯。
Because he didn't know if it was gonna work if all the Yeah.
花瓣。
Things, petals.
火焰或火炬的不同部分,它们会躺倒。
The different parts of the flame or torch, they would lie.
是的,是的,是的。
Yeah, yeah, yeah.
在我朋友告诉我排练时失败了之前,他们并没有全部升起来。
And in the rehearsal before my friend told me it failed, like they didn't all lift up.
所以他当时
So he was
吓得动弹不得。
Scared stiff.
吓得动弹不得。
Scared stiff.
但幸运的是,最终成功了,效果非常棒。
But thankfully it worked out and it was fantastic.
是的。
Yeah.
太棒了。
It was amazing.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
当你吓得动弹不得时,真的很糟糕,
It's awful when you're scared stiff,
对吧?
isn't it?
确实如此。
It really is.
是的。
Yeah.
我的意思是,是的。
I mean, yes.
我什么时候
When was I
最后一次吓得动弹不得?
last scared stiff?
只是以一种特别尴尬的方式。
Just just in a really embarrassing way.
最近我走路回家时,就只是走在路上,戴着我的随身听。
Just a really embarrassing moment when I was walking home recently and I was just walking along, I had my Walkman on.
你的随身听?
Your Walkman?
我的随身听。
My Walkman.
MP3播放器、iPod,你想怎么叫都行。
MP3 player, iPod, whatever you want to call it.
是的,我的是随身听。
Yeah, mine is a Walkman.
它是一个索尼MP3播放器,
It's a Sony MP3 player,
随身听。
Walkman.
好的。
Okay.
所以它们仍然存在。
So they still exist.
它不是那种老式的索尼磁带播放器,虽然我觉得它们不错。
It wasn't a cassette player, old fashioned Sony cassette player, although I think they're good.
我仍然有一台磁带播放器、一台迷你光盘播放器和一台CD播放器。
I still have one of them and a mini disc player and a compact disc.
你有那种设计成随身听风格的手机套吗?
Do you have one of those phone jackets that's in the style of a Walkman?
你是说那种手机壳吗,是的。
You mean like a mobile phone cover Yeah.
让你的手机看起来像随身听的那种?
Which makes your mobile look like a Walkman?
是的。
Yeah.
没有。
No.
没有。
No.
没有。
No.
别这样。
Don't.
很好。
Good.
我不。
I don't.
为什么
Why do
你觉得他们难过?
you think they're sad?
我觉得他们只是有点想,为什么不直接买个随身听呢?
I think they're just a bit like, why not just get a Walkman?
如果你觉得随身听很酷的话。
If you think that Walkman's are cool.
是啊,为什么要花巨款买一部智能手机,却让它看起来像上世纪80年代的廉价设备呢?
Yeah, like why buy an extremely expensive smartphone and make it look like a really cheap piece of 1980s technology?
这有点
It's a
奇怪吧?
bit weird isn't it?
总之,回到故事上来。
Anyway, back to the story.
所以我当时正走在回家的路上,天有点黑。
So I was walking home, it was a bit dark.
我戴着随身听,所以没太留意周围发生了什么,对吧?
I listening to my Walkman so I wasn't really aware of what was going on around me, right?
我停下来用手机发了一条短信。
And I stopped to send a text message on my mobile.
顺便说一下,这些都是真的。
This is all true by the way.
我停下来用手机发了一条短信。
I stopped to send a text message on my mobile.
街上很黑。
It was dark in the street.
我当时专心在发短信。
And I was focusing on texting.
对吧?
Right?
对听众来说,卢克现在正在比划,展示他是怎么发短信的。
For the listeners, Luke is now he's gesturing with he's showing me how he was texting.
他发短信的方式跟我爸爸很像。
The style he's texting in is quite like how my dad texts.
他就是这样发短信的
This is how he texts on
卢克用的是食指。
Luke is using his index finger.
他用手指发短信。
He's using his finger to text.
他没有用拇指。
He's not using his thumb.
但用智能手机就是这样发短信的。
But that's how you text on a smartphone.
现在有了触摸屏,你需要
Now with the touch screen, you have
用你的食指。
to use your index finger.
这很难
It's hard
做到。
to do.
我的意思是,我用的是黑莓手机,我用两个拇指双击输入,但我原本以为发短信的手势应该更像是用手指按下
I mean, I've got a BlackBerry, and I double text with my thumbs, but I just thought that the sign language for texting wouldn't be more like pressing my finger
像我爸爸那样发短信。
into how my dad texts.
好吧。
Okay.
不过,不管怎样,我刚才在发短信。
Well, anyway, was I was texting.
那是一个夜晚的昏暗街道。
It was a dark street at night.
我当时正在听音乐。
Was where I was listening to music.
然后突然间,我眼角余光瞥见一个黑影。
And then suddenly, I saw a dark shape out of the corner of my eye.
是的。
Yeah.
那个黑影突然从我面前掠过。
And just this dark shape moved in front of me.
老实说,它吓得我魂飞魄散。
Honestly, it frightened the life out
了我。
of me.
真的吗?
Really?
是的。
Yeah.
真的吓坏了。
Was really scared.
是的。
Yeah.
真的把我吓了一跳。
It really made me jump.
那是什么?
And what was it?
嗯,我当时以为那明显是个外星人或者某种怪物,打算要
It well, it's I thought it was obviously an an alien or or some sort of monster that was gonna
鲍里斯·约翰逊?
Boris Johnson?
是的。
Yeah.
我以为可能是鲍里斯·约翰逊被僵尸咬了,然后打算来找我。
I thought maybe it was Boris Johnson that had sort of been bitten by a zombie and, you know, he's gonna try and get me.
所以我吓了一跳。
And so I, you know, I jumped.
我当场说不出话来。
I was I was speechless.
我当时愣了大概半秒钟,然后定睛一看,才发现只是一只猫。
I was like for just, well, half a second And then I looked and I realised it was just a cat.
那只猫真的非常非常可爱。
It was just a really, really cute cat.
不是狮子吗?
It wasn't a lion?
不是狮子,也不是老虎,就是一只普通的猫。
It wasn't a lion, it wasn't a tiger or anything, it was just simply a cat.
不是狐狸吧?
It wasn't a fox was it?
不,不是,绝对不是,那就是你能想象到的最可爱的猫,但只是从眼角瞥见那个形状,就让我吓得跳了起来。
No, no it wasn't, definitely, it was like the cutest cat that you can imagine but just seeing this shape from the corner of my eye just made me jump out of my skin.
那一刻我真的不知道该说什么。
I was really lost for words for a moment there.
你不知道该说什么吗?
You didn't know what to say?
不,但我的意思是当时没人可以说话,所以其实也不是什么问题,只是在写短信的过程中,我突然不知道接下来该写什么了。
No, but I mean there was no one there to speak to so I mean it wasn't really a problem but in the middle of the text message I was writing I just didn't know what to write next.
我最后只写了 LOL,L O M G,待会儿见!
I ended up just writing LOL, L O M G, see you later!
所以是的,那真是挺吓人的一刻。
So yeah that was a pretty frightening moment.
你觉得收到这条短信的人会高兴吗?
Do you think the person getting the text was pleased to get that text?
卢克·汤普森。
Luke Thompson.
因为那条信息太棒了。
Because it was such an awesome text.
是的。
Yeah.
因为,你想啊。
Because, you know, think about it.
那个人刚收到一条来自卢克、来自卢克英语的
That person would have just received a text or an email from Luke, from Luke's English
播客。
Podcast.
对吧?
Right?
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
我肯定他高兴得不得了。
I'm sure he was chuffed to bits.
是的。
Yeah.
简直高兴坏了。
Absolutely chuffed.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
没错。
Exactly.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
我最近给你发了条短信。
I sent you a text recently.
你发了?
You did?
是的。
Yeah.
很高兴?
Were chuffed?
我……我很失望。
I I was I was gutted.
你很失望?
You were gutted?
是的。
Yeah.
为什么?
Why?
你为什么?
Why were you
你给我发了一条短信,说什么来着?
You sent me a text saying what did you say?
你给了我一些坏消息,我想是这样。
You you gave me some bad news, I think.
是的。
Yeah.
因为那时我真的很沮丧,是的。
Because I I was I was really down in the dumps Yeah.
那时候。
At that time.
嗯。
Mhmm.
我当时想,天啊,我该怎么办?
I was like, oh, what am I gonna do?
这条短信一点意思都没有。
This wasn't a very interesting text.
不,其实是这样的:我在Podomatic.com上超出了每月的带宽限额,我该怎么办?
No, it was like, oh, I've exceeded my monthly bandwidth allowance on podomatic.com, what am I gonna do?
我想了想,还是给凯特发条短信吧。
And I'll I'll think I'll send a text to Kate.
亲爱的凯特,短信就是这样开头的。
Dear Kate, that's how you start text messages.
亲爱的凯特,我在Podomatic.com上超出了每月的带宽限额。
Dear Kate, I've exceeded my monthly bandwidth allowance on podomatic.com.
我该怎么办呢?
What am I gonna do about it?
我就把这条信息发给了你,而你知道,你显然很崩溃,因为这是一条极其无聊的消息。
And that's what I sent to you, and you know, you were obviously gutted because it was extremely boring message.
你之前还跟我提过这件事。
You also you were telling me about this.
你当时想买一本书。
You were thinking of buying a book.
是吗?
Was I?
是的。
Yeah.
我当时想买一本书。
I was thinking of buying a book.
对。
Yeah.
嗯,就是买本书。
Well, book yeah.
就这样。
That's it.
那我的建议是什么?
And what is my advice?
我在书店看到过这本书。
I've seen this book in the bookshop.
对吧?
Right?
上面写着一百条建议,教你如何靠播客成功谋生。
And it said a 100 pieces of advice for to to make a successful living out of podcasting.
哦。
Oh.
然后我觉得书名不错,但封面上的图片确实。
And then I thought the title looks great, but the picture on the front Yeah.
看起来太无聊了。
Just looked so boring.
嗯。
Mhmm.
那看起来就像一张九十年代的老式电脑图片。
It was like a picture of an old computer from the nineties.
你知道的,就是那种很老的九十年代电脑,那时候你用拨号上网?
You know, like those really old school nineties computers that you know, when you used to used to have dial up Internet connections?
为了连上互联网,你得通过电话线拨号才能上网。
The the in order to get onto the Internet, you had to kind of dial use the Internet to go through your telephone line.
是的。
Yeah.
而且下载一个文件就得花上半小时左右。
And it would take sort of half an hour to download just one.
所有这些操作下来,发一封邮件就得花上半小时。
All that and you do that and it would take you half an hour just to send one email.
是的。
Yeah.
所以封面上就是这台电脑的图片,我想,天啊,这本书看起来真够无聊、枯燥又过时的。
So that was the picture of the computer on the front and I thought, god, this this book looks so boring and dull and old fashioned.
是的
Yeah.
但我后来给你回消息了,对吧?
But then I sent you a message back, didn't I?
是的
Yeah.
我说过不要以貌取书。
I said don't judge a book by its cover.
是的
Yeah.
是的
Yeah.
没错。
That's right.
一开始我以为你是在说反话或者打比方,但不是,你是字面意思,你不应该以封面来评判一本书。
At first I thought you were being ironic or metaphorical, no, you meant literally, you shouldn't judge a book by its cover.
是的。
Yeah.
这在生活的各个方面都是正确的,
Which is true in all aspects of life,
不只是
not just
在买书的时候。
in when you're buying books.
那可能是一本好书。
Might be a good book.
那本书本来可能不错,我的意思是,我没买它是因为我觉得这明显是一本无聊的书。
Could have been a good I mean, I didn't buy it because I thought that's clearly a boring book.
我犯了经典的以貌取书的错误。
I'd I'd I made the classic mistake of judging the book by its cover.
我应该先读了它,然后再做判断。
I should have read it and then judged it first.
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
没错。
That's right.
这正好说明了,你知道吗,凯特,事情往往不止表面看起来那么简单。
It just shows, you know, it just shows, doesn't it, Kate, that there's, you know, there's more than meets the eye.
是的。
Yeah.
也就是说,
Which is,
你知道,
you know,
再次说明,在很多很多方面
again true in in many many
这是真的。
It's true.
方式。
Ways.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
对。
That's right.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
但我很担心,凯特。
But I was worried, Kate.
我担心如果我买了那本看起来很老式的书,带到学校,然后在老师办公室从包里拿出来
I was worried that if I did buy that old fashioned looking book and I took it to school and I and I, you know, I got it out of my bag in the teacher's room
配上你的索尼随身听。
With your Sony Walkman.
随身听?
Walkman?
配上我那台老式的索尼随身听。
With my old school Sony Walkman.
我担心如果大家看到我带着这么多过时的东西,我会显得像个可笑的傻瓜。
I was worried that if everyone saw me with all this old fashioned stuff that I would just be I would look like a ridiculous idiot.
会
Would
你觉得看起来就像个
just You think look like a
我会成为笑柄的。
I'd be a laughingstock.
是的。
Yeah.
对吧?
Right?
是的。
Yeah.
我会变得特别尴尬,你知道,我真的不想承受这种丢脸。
I would just be a total I I just you know, I don't want that kind of embarrassment.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
因为卢克可不是笑柄。
Because Luke's not a laughing stock.
不。
No.
我的意思是,人们会笑。
I mean, people laugh.
他们笑我,也和我一起笑,但我绝对不是笑柄。
They laugh at me and and with and with me, but I'm not exactly a laughing stock.
不。
No.
不。
No.
不。
No.
不。
No.
而且不管怎样,我觉得伦敦英语学院教职员休息室里的那些人,都是好人,你知道的。
And anyway, I think that the people at the London School of English in staff room, I think they're good people, you know.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。